horsty

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online 1 month ago
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by horsty

- Introduction -
This has been a preworkout I have been using for a little while now, and have been excited to review as soon as I got the time. My life is rather hectic with full time work, school and ROTC on top of that. Due to my lack of free time I went ahead and simplified everything I could in my life. From how I eat, to what I eat or how I workout, it was made simpler and less time consuming. I eat once or twice a day, I workout up to three times a day due to PT, strength training and crossfit(It's apparently functional), and on top of that I have a full time job and full time in college as well. The things I look for in my supplements are versatility, dosages and the usage of natural ingredients over certain artificial ones. Transparent Labs created three preworkouts, and I am reviewing their Stim Free one which might just be my favorite preworkout of all time...maybe anyways.

- Ingredient Profile -
This is one of those supplement profiles you look at, and just want to thank the supplement gods for. When I first found Transparent Labs, I right away noticed they did not skimp on any ingredient. Everything is maxed out, and dosed properly for the most part. Starting from the with 6 grams of L-Citrulline, followed by 4 grams of BCAA's. Wait BCAA's you might ask? In a preworkout? Yes, and I love that they added them. The whole purpose behind adding BCAA's to a preworkout is to get protein synthesis started without having to consume a bunch of protein. For someone like me who fast upwards of 20 hours a day, and doesn't have a meal or calories till roughly 2:00pm, yet still works out at 6:00am everyday BCAA's are important part of my supplementation. At 4 grams it's a little low than the normal 10 grams I usually dose at, but it is still a great dosage of them.

Next, I want to talk about what isn't in this. Artificial sweeteners. Why is this important? Well to me it is, I use to use the common products ridden with artificial sweeteners without regard. Started doing some research on what I was taken in and made the decision to switch to more natural ingredients. Now I'm not saying artificial sweeteners and flavors are going to murder you family, and eat your dog; however I am saying I think they are harder on our bodies than we realize. Once I made the switch to only using Stevia sweetened products, I noticed two things. One, I felt better and I didn't have the some of the stomach issues I had accepted as normal. Its not all good however, if I take in too much Stevia the stomach issue hit hard. From what I can tell my body can handle a higher amount of Stevia than I can sucralose or acesulfame potassium(I suggest doing your own research on this one, it does not seem like a safe ingredient to take in).

Transparent Lab put together a well rounded stim free preworkout, with ingredients for pump, focus and endurance. Looks amazing on paper, however we all know that just because it looks good, doesn't mean it performs good which I'll be getting into the effectiveness shortly.

- Taste -
Had both green apple, and blue raspberry and lets just say they're easily drinkable. Both are close in taste. Very tart, and have a subtle hint of the flavor involved. This does not matter much to me at all, as long as it is drinkable it's fine for me because I know the limitations of Stevia.

- Mixability -
Mixing this is easy. Much easier than you would think after you see the size of the scoop. Add one scoop to 10 ounces of water and a few shakes and it is mixed, with some fizzing action going on, but nothing major.

- Dosing -
30 servings total at one 23.44 grams per scoop. This isn't a two scooper either. Try that and your skin will be burning from all the Beta Alanine at 4 grams per scoop.

- Effectiveness -
The entire reason for me to get a stim free preworkout is for the versatility of it all. See, on Mondays I have Army PT at 6:00am. This isn't something you take a preworkout for, and after that I do some strength training but nothing serious. Later in the day around 7:00pm however I have crossfit, and this preworkout has been excellent for that. If it had caffeine I wouldn't be able to sleep at night and would probable have a heart in the middle of the WOD(A part of me dies every time I say WOD. But how about days I want caffeine with my preworkout you ask? Simple, I get caffeine pills. The best part about this is that I can then control the amount of caffeine I take preworkout. If I want 100mg, then I take that. If I want 300mg I take that. It's that great actually, I honestly think I will not be going back to a stimulated preworkout for a long time, if ever. My favorite combination is to take 2 of NooWave's The High Performer(Not recommending this, just something I tried and liked). I get intense focus and stims, and again can control how much. This reivew is on the stim free preworkout on its own though, so keep that in mind.

Pumps: 9.9/10
The pumps I get from this are incredible, and there are a few reasons why. One is that it has a hefty dose of L-Citrulline, and two is that it doesn't have stimulates. Caffeine actually constricts pumps, and when I take this without caffeine my arms blow up. Muscles pop out of places I didn't know existed. So much so, the pump I get from this is slightly addicting to the point I won't even take any stims with this for my Sunday morning workout because I know how excellent the pumps will be without stims. Pumps are amazing, enough said.

Endurance: 9.10
Again, I think this excelled in this area because of the lack of caffeine. With 4 grams of Beta Alanine my muscles last longer in workouts, and I do not burn out so easily on high rep work. And in my crossfit WODs(Ugh...) I noticed when I took this prior my times are better, and I do not feel as wore down after the workouts.

Stim Free Focus: 8.5/10
The focus is there. Not in your face screaming at you to stop being such a wuss and lift heavier, but it is there. Its smooth, and you won't even realize how zoned in you are because of how slowly in hits you. Roughly 30-40 minutes after taking this I'll notice a calming type focus, where my mind slows ever so slightly and my thoughts turn to lifting the heavy weight in front of me.

Overall this has been my favorite workout to date. Not because it pumps me up, or has me pulling 50 more pounds than normal(I miss you Jack3d...), but how I can use this pre in all sorts of occasions. I love having things that can be used in more than one situation, and this is one of them. My suggestion is if you want to get this, but want the ability of having stims sometimes, buy some caffeine pills with it. Or get their Lean or Bulk version.

- Value -
$50 for a preworkout? The horror! However in this case I will argue it is a solid price a little on the high side though. At $50 per 30 servings this put the price higher than most preworkouts. My argument is when you compare this to heavily dosed preworkouts like it, the price isn't so bad. NutraBio's stim free preworkout is sold at $38. $12 dollars less for the not so math incline people. A lot of the dosages are quite similar, however again I'll go back to the value one places on having their supplements naturally sweetened. I am completely fine with paying $50 for this, and I have already. And currently(3/18/2017) esupplements.com has these bogo 50% off plus a free shakers. A great deal if you ask me, as I have already taken advantage of it.

- Conclusion -
Buy it. If you're new to supplements and want a preworkout, get this. If you've been using supplements for years, get this. You won't be disappointed. If you value the naturalness and the versatility of products like I do, this will easily become a favorite. Love this product, and recommend it to everyone looking for a good pre.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Great Endurance
  • Good Dosages
  • Versatile
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Solid Focus
  • Taste Is Meh
  • Expensive To Some

Thanks to Oobroo Inc. for sending it out!
- Introduction -
I have been interested in trying a turmeric product for a while now. With so many studies proving it's effectiveness, I figured there's nothing to lose. Since I started three-a-days of PT, strength training and crossfit a few times a week I decided to look into more supplements to help battle inflammation and to keep joint pain at bay. This type was one of the highest recommended, and when it popped up on SR.com I figured I'd try it. On top of a rather well balanced diet and exercise regime, I used this and a preworkout(TSLabs Stim Free) as well as an intraworkout(Xtend Free) and of course my fish oils.

- Ingredient Profile -
This is a simply profile with 650mg of Organic Turmeric and 73mg of Organic Black Pepper. Turmeric has been shown in a multude of studies to battle inflammation within the body. This is a proven ingredient and on top of that the turmeric in this is also organic. All the ingredients are organic which is a nice thing to see for a change.

- Dosing -
Suggested dosage is one capsule three times a day with a fat containing food. It is important to take this with a fat in order for it to be absorbed more efficiently. I always took this three times a day with fish oils, hard-boiled eggs or a fatty fish.

- Effectiveness -
Starting out with this product I might have had too high of hopes. In the first week of taking this I did not notice a big difference in how I felt in terms of joint pain, or other signs of inflammation. At this point I was working out sometimes three times a day with PT, strength lifting and crossfit on top of that and I started to become a little more sore than usual from all the workload being put on my body. The second week I started to notice that my skin was clearer than usual, and my wrist didn't have the pain typical of it; however my the soreness in my knees did not subside. The third and final week my skin continued to clear up and my joints felt better even with the massive workload they were under. Overall I think this product worked, and it worked rather well. The biggest improvement I noticed on, and once I went off of it was how clear my skin was. Other than that the effects were noticable, but nothing spectacular.

- Value -
Its organic, and it comes in a glass jar. With both of those aspects being awesome, the price is a little on the steep side at $50. Especially when you can find it for much less in the powdered form here: https://www.amazon.com/Simply-Organic-Certified-2-38-Ounce-Container/dp/B000WR4LMY?th=1 A whopping 95% less cost for organic turmeric which all you'd have to do is add this to shakes, or put in capsules which is worth trouble for such a price break. I like the product, but the price is too high.

- Conclusion -
Great product, great presentation, great ingredients, not so great price. I like what this company is about, but can not fathom spending this much for a product when I can get it for so much less in a powdered form.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Clinically Backed Research
  • Organic
  • Relatively Small Capsules

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!
- Introduction -
Preworkouts are probably the most popular supplement to use on the market. If you have been paying attention to it, lately the stims are somewhat getting out of hand again with some pre's having up to 500mg of caffeine in one serving. Too much caffeine can cause some ill effects, and for someone like myself I like to limit my daily intake of caffeine. I have tried stim free preworkouts in the past, typically I was disappointed in them except for one of my all time favorites from Transparent Labs, and up until now their stim free pre was one of the few I actually liked. Enter NooWave Swell, a stim free pre not only promising pump, but focus as well. This was exactly what I was looking for to add to my workouts. During my usage of this, Swell was used for mainly body-weight and some strength workouts with about a 60 minute duration.

- Ingredient Profile -
The profile is one of the best I have seen for a stim free in terms of balance. They have the typical pump ingredients such as L-Citrulline, Glycerol and Agmatine which are all proven pump supplements, and I love the addition of Alpha GPC and Noopept as an added focus to a stim free product. Overall the ingredients are solid, the one thing that I wish they would have added is Beta Alanine, which is one of my favorite supps to use, but its not necessarily a deal breaker.

- Taste/Mixability/Dosing -
Taste was excellent, and I never grew tired of it at all. Has a nice balanced taste, not too sweet like a few I have had in the past. Mixability was great as well, never had any clumping or residue left over with a few shakes in a shaker bottle. Dosing was easy with one scoop about 30 minutes prior to my workouts.

- Effectiveness -
For stim free preworkouts the one thing you typically do not expect much of is focus and energy. However with Swell from NooWave, the focus was surprisingly good for a stim free. Its not laser focused type, but more of a smooth and calming focus and energy that reaches its peak about 50-60 minutes after taking it, and last with minimal fading throughout the day. Focus was excellent in terms of being stim free. Now for the best catagory; pump. The pumps were great, which is to be expected with the absence of caffeine which hinders the pump effect. I found that the pump I got from Swell one was of the better pump effects I have seen in a stim free or stimulated preworkout. The endurance I got from this was also somewhat excellent, better than I expected it to be due to the lack of beta alanine. Overall my workouts on Swell were great, the focus was there, pump was great as well as the energy and endurance, however one benefit I really liked about using this was that my sleep seemed better. Most likely due to the lack of caffeine in my daily intake, I slept for a shorter duration than normal, but the sleep quality felt better overall. Just an added benefit of limiting or completely removing caffeine and other stims from my daily intake.

- Value -
When it comes to pricing and value, I like to take in account the size of the businesses. Big businesses can sell for less, because costs are less when purchasing in bulk as well as other variables, verses a small business putting there product on the market.

Reg price is $42.99 which is high for a 30 servings pre, but you can get a 15% off coupon that would bring it down to $35, or if I am correct there is a THANKS10 coupon code that takes $10 off your order from NooWave which is a great deal for this. Overall the value is there, its a smaller company so I do not mind paying a little more for their products.

- Conclusion -
NooWave is an innovative company, and so far every one of their products they have brought to market has been dosed very well, and has worked. Their High Performer supplement is my favorite nootropic supp to use, and I'm looking forward to ordering a few of their new products in the future and Swell is just another example of a solid product they have put out. Excellent product, I highly recommend to anyone looking for a great stim free pre.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • PUMP
  • Focus
  • DID I MENTION PUMP
  • Hydration
  • Limited Availability

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
- Introduction -
After trying Inspired's Dvst8 White Cut(and hopefully Crimson soon) I knew I wanted to try their BCAA product. BCAA's are an important part of my supplementation since I do intermittent fasting. I fast from 9pm at night to 2-3pm the next day, and utilized BCAA's to aid in recovery and protein synthesis. My workouts are aimed at improving strength and APFT scores so I tend to keep the short around 60 minutes.

- Ingredient Profile -
This is a simple BCAA formula except that these are instantized vegan BCAA's at 5 grams per serving. Next there is this thing called Aquamin that is a mineral complex derived from seaweed. Its meant to help hydrate and replenish electrolytes lost during exercise. Overall this is a very basic BCAA formula, nothing special really and nothing that sets it apart from most other BCAA supplements. One nice thing I really like about this and other Inspired products is that there are no artificial colors or dyes and it is flavored naturally. Would love if they took a step farther and went with natural sweetener such as steiva, however this isn't a deal breaker.

- Taste/Mixability/Dosing -
Taste is solid, loved it from the beginning to the end. I had gotten the Galaxy Pop flavor and it was wonderful. Just like the California Gold not too sweet and an even tastes profile. Mixability was amazing. Throw in a scoop of two, a few shakes and you're good to go. As for dosing, at one scoop you have a total of 40 servings, unless you 2 scoop it to get 10 grams of BCAA's it would cut that in half which affects value quite a bit. Overall the taste is great and the mixability was always good as well.

- Effectiveness -
As for effectiveness, BCAA products I always have a hard time determining how well they actually perform in terms of recovery and muscle building. Since I do intermittent fasting, this is the BCAA product I relied on to get my BCAA's in early in the morning to help jump start protein synthesis without taking in any protein. In theory this is to get the benefits of protein and the benefits of fasting all in one. Now throughout my usage of this I have to say I think it did a great job in three areas. Recovery, muscle building and workouts. Sipping this during my workouts definitely helped with hydration as I never ran into any cramping issues, as well as keeping my performance at a higher rate longer throughout the duration of my workouts. All this would be with 1-2 sccops sipped throughout the workout. On off days I would have one scoop and sip it through the morning, and this seemed to help in terms of recovery as DOMS were kept at bay even after some grueling workouts that left my burnt out, the soreness was never a huge issue. As for muscle building, I can only guess. I lost about 10lbs while on this and my strength went up during that period, so I am guessing no muscle was lost. Overall I think this is an effective product.

- Value -
$40 for 40 servings. Not bad, however with such a simple blend the price is a little steep. I would get this if I wasn't too worried about budget, otherwise I might look elsewhere.

- Conclusion -
They produced my favorite preworkout, and Inspired continues to impress with this their BCAA Fermented Amino Acids blend. Would recommend this if you have room in your budget. It simply works with no added frills or unnecessary flashy ingredients to pump up the profile.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Solid Ingredient Profile
  • No Fillers Or Dyes
  • Reduces DOMS And Fatigue
  • Vegan Friendly
  • Hydration
  • Little Pricey

Thanks to Metabolic Nutrition for sending it out!
- Introduction -
Protein, protein, protein. It is considered the building block of any good muscle building or fat loss diet. Getting enough in a days time can be a challenge, especially if you're on the go like myself. Being that I am full time in college and work full time simultaneously making sure I consume a well rounded diet can be tough. Sure, I can go with the easy deep fried fast food or take a risk with the sushi in the cafe, but that will just leave me further away from my health and fitness goals. Proper planning and consistency is how fitness goals are met, regardless if you are on the go or not. In order to meet my protein needs for the day, or a quick post workout protein shake I turned to Metabolic Nutrition MuscLean.

- Ingredient Profile -
Now this whey protein blend is not the typical whey protein, flavoring and that's it. Directly from their website here: "Using the highest quality proteins found in Protizyme to further enhance the absorption kinetics and making it easier to digest" and I will be getting into why this was noticeable over the course of my usage of MuscLean. This is also low carb for all you looking to keep your carbs in check. This also has a well rounded vitamin content in it with vitamins such as vitamin A, B6, C, B12, Zinc, Iodine, etc. The addition I really like is Iodine, since the majority of us are deficient in Iodine, by adding this to the protein can help with proper thyroid function which plays a big part in body-weight.

- Taste -
I got the chocolate flavor, and I will say it is above average. About a 7/10. It tasted too much like it was whey protein if you know what I mean. however it was still enjoyable for the most part. Nice smooth flavor, just not something I really looked forward to. Taste is not a big deal to me though, as long as it is drinkable and the product works I'm good.

- Mixability -
Now it is stated that this is suppose to have superior mixability, however I found this to not be the case. When I mixed this with cold water or milk it clumped, when I mixed it with lukewarm or hot water it mixed up perfectly. And after a while I mixed this only with tap-hot water and made it into a a hot chocolate whey shake which wasn't too bad. 6/10 for mixability.

- Dosing -
Depending on your goals you can take 1-3 scoops, or just inhale the entire container daily if you're really chasing those gainz(Kidding, do not do that). I took this consistently as 1 scoop after my workouts, or during the day. At 1 scoop there are 25 servings total, obviously if you increase your scoopage the total servings goes down faster.

- Effectiveness -
I won't be given Rich Froning a run for his money in the games anytime soon, but I think this whey protein has some excellent benefits to it. As a post workout I would not recommend this unless you add some carbs in there, which I usually did. As an easy meal replacement shake this is something I would recommend. Once my daily routine shifted and I was working out earlier in the morning with more intensive workouts I knew that my diet had to change and that intermittent fasting was not going to work, at least the way I did it from 12-8pm. In order to recover faster from my workouts I knew that replacing the glycogen that I lost during training needed to be replaced. Also at the same time, getting protein into my system earlier in the day makes the most sense as well(Broscience at its finest). So what I started doing was I moved my eating window from 12-8pm to 8-4pm, starting it with a nice Metabolic Nutrition MuscLean protein shake with some fruit. My recovery seemed to get better, and I made some nice strength gains in the meantime as well. Now for the best part, sometimes with whey protein it can cause some stomach issues for myself. With MuscLean I never experienced this and I think this is due to the enzymes they added to the mix that made this easier to digest. This also makes a great meal replacement shake as it keeps hunger at bay for a while, and with all the added vitamins it not just protein, but has some micronutrients in there as well. Overall I enjoyed my the effects(or lack of them) with MuscLean. 8.5/10

- Value -
Right now the best price I found is $32 for 2.5lb container which gives you 25 servings at 1 scoop. If this was a normal protein I would say this is not worth the price, but with the added ingredients such as enzymes and vitamins I think this is worth the price, but on the verge of being too expensive.

- Conclusion -
Overall this is a great option in the protein market. The unique blend of ingredients sets this apart from some of the others, and if you're looking for a nice meal replacement shake or a low carb protein option then I would seriously consider trying out this. Overall I enjoyed using MuscLean and will most likely use this again in the future as a meal replacement shake.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aids Recovery
  • Decent Value
  • Helps Meet Macro Goals
  • No Bad Carbs Or Added Sugars
  • Bit Pricey

Thanks to NorthBound Nutrition for sending it out!
- Introduction -
BCAA's are one of the supplements I tend to use the most. When I saw NorthBound's BCAA^2 pop up and I check the profile, I knew right away that I wanted to try this. As for my workouts, they are geared towards the APFT so it is a lot of higher reps in things such as push ups, sit ups an running with a Wendler 531 program mixed in.

- Ingredient Profile -
8 grams of BCAA's per serving. Let me repeat, 8 grams. That is the kind of dosage I have been looking for. Too many do the typical 5 grams, or even lower. Right away when seeing the BCAA's dosage, I knew that NorthBound is not kidding around with their profiles. Next Tuarine at 2 grams, again great dosing. Got some L-Tyrosine in there, some CocOganic(Organic coconut water) they've got everything you need and more for a solid BCAA supplement. Now I say BCAA supplement, not intraworkout so much depending on your goal. This doesn't have anything that will aid in pump if that is what you are looking for. The way I used this is not as much a intraworkout, but as a nice refreshing BCAA drink in the morning which I will get into next.

- Taste/Mixability/Dosing -
The taste is excellent, this is the kind of product you look forward to having. I had the citrus blast and it lived up to its name. Nice citrus flavors in there, sort of reminded me of orange juice with some lemonade mixed in. Wonderful taste. Mixability was also excellent, no problems with residue or particles floating around. Few shakes and you're good to go. Next dosing is easy, you got 20 total servings of a well dosed product. I would take this first thing in the morning since I do intermittent fasting for weight loss. NorthBound's BCAA product worked perfectly for this.

- Effectiveness -
Now since I used this primarily as a morning BCAA's drink so I cannot say too much as to how well it does for workouts since I didn't use it during them, or can I? I would take this first thing in the morning before my workouts, and I think this aided in making my workouts better through hydration and prepping my muscles for the ensuing workout. On days I worked out, I would notice that my muscles stayed fresh longer and that I wouldn't get so sore afterward and less cramping during sprint workouts as well. As for muscle gain, that wasn't my goal so I will not speak on that. The recovery, the hydration, the taste and the excellent dosages make NorthBound's BCAA^2 one of my favorite BCAA supplements thus far.

- Value -
Solid value based off the amount of BCAA's that in each scoop. Right now it is listed at $30 for 20 servings which at first sounds like a lot, but for the awesome product you are getting it is a solid deal.

- Conclusion -
Never had heard of NorthBound Nutrition prior to this, but they quickly ascended the latter for me in terms of open profiles, dosing and taste. BCAA^2 is an excellent product and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something to increase their performance at the gym, or just simply a refreshing drink that aids in recovery.
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Increases Hydration
  • Label Clarity

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
    - Introduction -
    Good old preworkouts, if you're like me this is the first category you experimented in when first trying out supplements. From my first N.O pills from GNC, to MusclePharm's Assault, and from there the original USP Labs Jack3d and DS Craze, I have tried a lot of preworkouts. One of the aspects I look for first in any preworkout is the ability to improve focus. Next I am a sucker for that Beta Alanine which helps to keep my workouts going stronger for longer. Pump is another aspect I like, but not necessarily a must for me. Enter Inspired Nutraceuticals with DVST8 White Cut. A preworkout that looks to do it all in terms of focus, strength and pump.

- Ingredient Profile -
    On paper has all the right ingredients, and doses them pretty well per serving. The it is set up some of the ingredients such as Beta Alanine, L-Citrulline is dosed best at 2 servings, with BA coming in a 1.6 grams per serving and L-Citrulline coming in at 4 grams per serving. Overall the rest is dosed rather well, and a few ingredients are in a prop blend, which is not that big of a deal to me as they did have the awareness to show the dosages of the three different types of caffeine in this pwo (200mg total per serving). Overall I was highly impressed by this ingredient list, and I like the addition of N-phenethyl-dimethylamine(Eria Jarensis Extract) and 2-aminoisoheptane(DMHA) which really amp up the workout experience.

If you want to know more about those two ingredients, priceplow has two great articles that cover them rather well found here:
    Eria Jarensis Extract: https://blog.priceplow.com/eria-jarensis-extract-n-phenethyl-dimethylamine
    DMHA: https://blog.priceplow.com/dmha

Overall the mixture of proven ingredients, with some experimental ones makes this an interesting profile on paper.

- Taste -
    I had the California Gold(Peach Mango) and I have to say this tasted great. From the first time I tried it, to the very last sip I enjoyed this 100%. Coming into this I was slightly worried as I had heard that the flavors were horrible(Old flavors, new ones are getting solid reviews) and to my surprise this tasted wonderful, and exactly as described with a peach flavoring, and subtle mango flavors as well.

- Mixability -
    1 scoop in about 12oz of ice cold water and this mixed up perfectly in my cool looking Mous Shaker(Not a plug, I swear).

- Dosing -
    Anywhere between 1-2 scoops. I tired 4 verations(1, 1.25, 1.5 & 2 scoops) and settled on 1 scoop after a few issues I will get into later on.

- Effectiveness - (This entire effectiveness portion is based off dosing this at one scoop)
    If you remember the good old days of Jack3d, you'll probably remember the tunnel vision, as well as that alpha male feeling while you were working out. Like every lift made you feel like you were breaking world records, and the minions in the gym were lucky enough to be in the presence of a god such as yourself, that is almost exactly the feeling I would get from DVST8 White Cut. Once I found my correct dosage at 1 scoop, from there on out it was wonderful. Roughly 15 minutes after taking this, I would feel a quiet storm brewing within myself. This storm was unleashed as I started my warm ups, and almost always my warm ups turned into PR moments. The tunnel vision, the strength, the pure aggressiveness in the gym all accumulated into one of the best series of workouts I have had in a long time. Not only was DVST8 White Cut effective, but it also consistent. Every workout was solid, no down turn like I had previously experienced with some other preworkouts. Overall I would mark this as one of my favorite preworkouts to date, and because of the consistency of the effects, possibly the best preworkout I have ever taken. Now, it wasn't all good and for reasons I will get into next. You will need to do a little experimenting to figuring which dosage is right for you.

- Side Effects -
    When I first tired this I made the mistake of jumping into the deep end without knowing how to swim. At 2 scoops this produced some nasty side effects for myself. Cold sweats, nervousness, anxiety and a huge crash after my first workout had me thinking this was not going to work out nicely. So the next time I tried this, I went down to 1.5 scoops and still experienced the same side effects, but at a lesser level. From there I went to 1.25 scoops and the same thing with the side effects. Finally I settled on 1 scoop and although there were still some sides, I would notice that my anxiety was heighten but not by much, and I would experience a slight crash about 6 hours after taking this. Now, am I going to lower the rating because of the sides? No, and I'll explain why. It was my own fault for not properly reading the label. I try to stay around 200 mg of caffeine in a days time, and at 2 scoops this has 400 mg. All of it doesn't hit at once, about 100 mg of caffeine citrate hits right away, another 200 mg of caffeine anhydrous takes hold in about 30-45 mins and the rest 100 mg of di caffeine malate is released slowly throughout a few hours. My point is, read the label, start small and work your way up with this preworkout. It is not like some of the other ones on the market where you can take the full dosage right away. If you're like myself you'll stick with 1 scoop, others may do well of 1.5 or 2 scoops. Only you can make the decision on what is the best dosage for you.

- Value -
    As of now Suppz.com has this at $40 for 40 servings. For myself that is an incredible value for a great preworkout.

- Conclusion -
    Inspired Nutraceuticals has put out one of the better preworkouts on the market and you would be crazy not to try it. However, I likened this to a Yamaha R1, you have to respect the beast or you won't have a good time. Find the right dosage for you, and this will most likely be one of the better preworkouts you have ever had.
    • Great Value
    • Tunnel Vision
    • Side Effects Depending On Dosage
    • Slight Crash
    • Heightened Anxiety

Thanks to Legion Supplements for sending it out!
    - Introduction -
    Intermittent Fasting or IF has slowly been gaining popularity in the fitness world. Whether the Lean Gains method of 16 hours off and 8 hours on, or the 5/2 method of going 24 hours without food twice a week, there has always been the worry of muscle loss due to the lack of nutrients, and specifically protein during the fast periods. There have been studies that have shown muscle loss does not happen even when fasting upwards of 24+ hours, however anyone looking to make ensure they are keeping all their hard earned muscle while fasting or just being in a calorie deficient can turn to the likes of BCAA or HMB. BCAA's are able to stimulate protein synthesis, however it also has an insulin response from the amino acid Leucine, HMB which is a metabolite does not have this same insulin response which can be important if you are dieting or fasting to help with insulin sensitivity. As well as you can use less HMB than BCAA's to reap some of the same benefits. Throughout my supplementation I was doing IF 16/8, and I switched workouts midway through going from a explosive power workout, to hypertrophy and strength based.

- Ingredient Profile -
    This has quite the simple profile, though all the ingredients has a solid research backing them, and they are all dosed rather well.
    Starting with the HMB dosed at 2.5g per serving(4 capsules), this is added to help keep muscle on when you are dieting and in a calorie deficit. More info on HMB can be found here: https://examine.com/supplements/hmb/
    Next there Citicoline at 250mg which is a nootropic, and considered to be one of the better ones in terms of memory and increased cognitive ability. More info on Citicoline can be found here: https://examine.com/supplements/cdp-choline/
    Finally the last ingredient is the fat burning one with 10mg of Yohimbine HCL which is a proven fat burner, however there are side effects from usage of this which I will get into later on. More infor on Yohimbine can be found here: https://examine.com/supplements/yohimbine/

Overall just looking at the ingredients and the dosages it looks solid on paper, with the HMB and Yohimbine making this perfect for Intermittent Fasting. The HMB keeps muscle loss at a minimum, and the Yohimbine stimulates your fat burning capacity. Solid ingredients, and dosages so far.

- Dosing -
    Dosing range is 1-2 capsules per 50lbs. I am at 197lbs, so naturally I started off with 4 capsules and slowly added capsules to gauge my tolerance. I made it to 6 capsules, and went back to 4 after that. There are a total of 180 capsules, so 45 servings if you dose at 4 per day which is what I did most of the time.

- Effectiveness -
    Over the course of my supplementation of Legion's Forge, roughly 40 days I noticed three different effects from this. The first one was that my waist line started to lean out a little, and my abs started to show ever more so slightly. However my weight stayed consistently around 197-199lbs throughout the supplementation of Forge, but the leaning out effects I noticed lead me to believe I lost a little fat, while gaining some muscle in the meantime. Also my waist measurements went down about a half inch as well, so there is some proof that I did lose something during my supplementation of Forge. Another effect I noticed is that my strength in the gym increased. I had plateaued a little in terms of strength and I am quite certain that this helped me break that plateau, in combination with my new workout regime. The final effect I noticed was my recovery was shortened. Every time I switch workouts, I am usually quite sore from the new exercises or reps ranges; however this time I only noticed soreness increase slightly, and return to standard with in week, when normally it takes a few weeks(2-3). Overall I liked this product and consider it a solid addition to any diet plan, specifically if you are doing Intermittent Fasting, the effects were noticeable and it helped me towards my goal of leaning out.

- Value -
    Value is quite subjective. If you dose at 4 capsules per day then you get a total of 45 servings for $30. Now if I was to follow the guidelines, I would have been taking 8 capsules a day cutting the servings and the value in half. So the value is there, but mostly if you stay under 5 capsules per day.

- Side Effects -
    At 4 capsules I did not experienced too noticeable of side effects. I could tell my temper was shortened, and that my anxiety was heighten, however it was not too too bad. Once I started to increase my dosages to 5 then eventually 6 capsules these side effects became more noticeable and started to hinder my daily life, so I went back to 4 capsules. All these side effects are ones commonly found from Yohimbine supplementation. The shortened temper and the increased anxiety are common when taking this, but for myself it seemed once I passed that 10mg threshold the side effects became unbearable. Everyone is different though, some might be able to take 8 capsules and not noticed anything, which others can only take 3 or 4. If you have anxiety issues I would suggest to steer clear of Yohimbine completely.

- Conclusion -
    Legion Supplements is a no BS company, only using proven ingredients and Forge is just another example of their exceptional product line. I would recommend this to someone looking to lose weight, and keep as much muscle as possible. The price is a little high depending on how you supplement this, but I think the solid results are worth the slightly higher price.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Leaning Effect
    • Muscle Retention
    • A Bit Pricey If You Dose Higher

Thanks to Legion Supplements for sending it out!
    - Introduction --
    - Introduction --
    Multivitamins are a great way to fill any gaps in your diet. With so many multi's on the market it is hard to decide which one if right for you. For myself I try to eat a well rounded and balance diet in order to provide myself with the nutrition I need. For those who are on fast food diets or lacking in nutrients, a multi will have more of a noticeable effect on them, however with myself who takes in a lot of greens, fruits, meats and vegetables the multi will not have quite as much of an effect(at least in my experience). With Legion's Triumph I did noticed some effects, and was quite impressed by their ingredients as well as how informative Legion's website is. Throughout my supplementation I was also taking a fish oil and as well as another one of Legion's products in Forge, which I take into account in this review.

- Ingredient Profile -
    Triumph is dosed pretty well in all the standard vitamins that you find in most multi's such as Vitamin A, B's, C, D etc. There is also solid dosages of Iodine and Selenium in this as well, which are both important minerals to take in. Iodine helping to regulate the thyroid gland, and Selenium as a key antioxidant. One of my favorite ingredients in this is the Aged Garlic Extract which is a powerful antioxidant that helps regulate blood flow and boost immune health. There is also a few other minerals and herbs that make this ingredient lists differ from other multivitamins on the market such as Fucoxanthin which aids in weight loss. Overall the uniqueness of the ingredients made this an interesting multivitamin which piqued my interest.

For a better breakdown of the ingredients as well as studies to prove their effectiveness checkout Legion's website here: https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/triumph/#product-ingredients

- Dosing -
    8 pills daily sounds like a lot, however I simply split it up to 4 pills in the morning, and 4 in the afternoon. Not too bad.

- Effectiveness -
    For myself it has always been hard to gauge a multivitamin's effectiveness. Unlike a stimulant, a multi's effects will be subtle and build up slowly without even noticing it. Throughout the course of supplementing Triumph, I noticed that my energy seemed to be more consistent on a daily basis, as well as my sense of overall well being was improved, but other than that it is hard to judge just how much this effected me. My weight has stayed somewhat steady though I have leaned out somewhat, however that is from a combination of my diet and workouts. My joints improved, however that I attribute to my supplementation of fish oil, because the amount of cissus in this multi is somewhat low, even with the 40% Ketosteroids(Roids?) standardized extract. I did not get sick throughout my supplementation of this, but I do not get sick a lot normally so I cannot say much in regards to that. Most likely I was not deficient in too many vitamins due to my "well rounded diet" and those I was deficient in were brought up to par and helped to balance out my energy, improving my sense of well being. I would give this an 8/10 for results, being that I actually noticed them where with some multis I never seen or noticed a change.

- Value -
    $35 for a 30 day supply of a solid multivitamin is on the higher side, but it still holds its value by having some unique ingredients. 8/10

- Conclusion -
    Overall I would recommend this as a top level multivitamin to anyone looking to invest in one. Their website is quite informative and they back up all their ingredients with studies and breakdowns about what each ingredient does. Would highly recommend checking out legionathletics.com they have a lot of no bs information and alway back claims with studies instead of bro-science-ing the entire thing.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Pretty Good Value
    • Slight Increase In Energy
    • Sense Of Well-being
    • Some Decreased Fatigue

Thanks to Intelligent Labs for sending it out!
      - Introduction -
      When it comes to supplements, people can mostly focus on ones that will product noticeable effects on the outside such as bigger muscles, more visible abs and what not. Too many times we forget to take care of our insides by eating artificial products and other things that can cause problems we cannot see, but rather feel. After some time an unhappy gut and stomach problems become a norm for us and we can assume that it is just completely normal to be punishing toilets on the daily. To counteract all these stomach problems you can do two things, clean up your diet, or take a probiotic. The latter is somewhat easy, so that is what most of us go for. Though when the two are combined that is when you will notice the greatest benefits as I will go into. Since I eat roughly the same thing every day in order to stay consistent, I try to take in a large verity of fruits, vegetables and meats to go along with a daily exercise routine. Adding a probiotic to my routine can benefit me by simply filling any gaps that might be in my diet in terms of my overall gut health, and the results speak for themselves.

- Ingredient Profile -
      50 billion CFU per capsule, let that sink in for a little. If you are familer with probiotics the average one has about 15-20 billion CFU per serving which could be 1-2 capsules. How Intelligent labs fits that much into a capsule is impressive and the nice thing is you only need one to reap the benefits of taking 2-3 of the competitions. I won't be going too deep into the ingredients mainly because it is a prop blend of L. Acidophilus as well as some added Sunfiber which is a prebiotic which . Intelligent Labs has one of the most complete and well dosed probiotics on the market in terms of concentration and ingredients. 9/10

Would recommend checking out their website for more info: https://www.intelligentlabs.org/product/prebiotics-and-probiotics-with-sunfiber-and-fos/

- Dosing -
      Took 1 capsule in the morning since I maintain a generally 'clean' diet, with 60 capsules total this would be roughly a 2 month supply.

- Effectiveness -
      In terms of effectiveness probiotics can be difficult to see, although depending on your gut situation it can be quite noticeable. Some of the benefits touted by Intelligent Labs are help improve skin health, mood, gastrointestinal health, and immune health. As well as weight reduction and insulin sensitivity. One of the benefits I noticed the most, was when the bottle ran out. My skin had been rather clear throughout my usage of this, and once I stopped taking them I noticed my skin wasn't staying clear as consistently as it previously had with some acne popping. The next one of noticed was during my supplementation of this I never had stomach issues even when I ventured off diet with foods that normally cause some issues. Did not notice much of a difference in mood, however I am normally a rather stoic person so I did not expect to see much of a difference as well as my weight stayed roughly the same throughout supplementation. Some of the effects I could not gauge were immune health, but I hardly ever get sick in the first place and insulin sensitivity since I do not keep track of my insulin levels.

- Value -
      $40 for 60 capsules sounds sort of expensive at first, but when you take in account the concentration of probiotics and the overall quality of it the value is pretty good. For most people only one capsule is need daily, and at this price it is solid deal for what you are getting.

- Conclusion -
      Overall Intelligent Labs has another solid product with their probiotics. They also have an informative website which explains everything as well as a 100% money back guarantee. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a top of the line probiotic to aid in gut health and overall improved well-being.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Digestion
      • Easy Bowel Movements
      • Less Stomach Bloat
      • Less Gas
      • High Quality Ingredients
      • Clear Skin