hock93

• Reputation is very low. (+9)
  • Was an active member for 1 year, but hasn't been online since April, 2014
  • Member has only posted 2 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by hock93

March 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • Crazy Energy
  • No Crash
  • No Upset Stomach
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • Insane Focus
  • Dry Mouth
  • Hard Time Sleeping
  • No Beta-alanine
  • Increased Anxiety
This is my first review on SR and I decided to go with my favorite PWO to date: Craze by Driven Sports. I have used six or seven other preworkouts but this one definitely takes that cake.

While using this as a preworkout I stacked it with Hemavol by IForce.

Taste/Mixability: (8/10)

While using this as a preworkout I stacked it with Hemavol by IForce.

Taste/Mixability: (8/10)

I used Berry Lemonade Craze and the flavor was strong and tart/sweet. I thought it tasted pretty good, kind of a like a strong Crystal Light. Not great, but not bad either. I certainly didn't dread taking it before each of my workouts. As for mixing, I never had any problems with clumping, and with with a few seconds of shaking it dissolved completely.

Ingredient Profile: (8.5/10)

I don't like that there is a prop. blend as I would like to know how much creatine and a caffeine I am consuming with each scoop. I also don't like that there is no beta-alanine in this product. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to see it in there. I do like that it has citrulline and vitamin c however, and obviously what makes Craze so great, the dendrobex.

Effectiveness: (9.5/10)

Without a doubt this has given me the best focus and motivation of any preworkout I have taken (neurcore, 1MR, razor 8 blast powder, etc.) and also gives me plenty of energy to blast through each set. I had never experience tunnel vision until I used this product. All I could think about was lifting and nothing else. Be sure to bring headphones while using this, because you aren't going to want to talk to anyone. I also saw a noticeable increase in endurance as I just didn't get tired while working out.

Pump: (8/10?): I definitely had insane pumps and vascularity while using this product, but I was also using Hemavol at the time so I can't say exactly how much of the pump can be attributed to Craze.

Side Effects: (3/10): The first couple days of using this product I had a lot of trouble sleeping that night even though I used it early in the day. This did go away after the first couple days however. While working out my mouth was really dry and I was sweating a lot. Not a big deal as drinking more water fixed the problem. I also noticed increased anxiety while using this. I have always had anxiety issues but this made them at least a little bit worse, at least more so than other preworkouts have. It is a stimulant though, so I guess it's to be expected.

Value: (8/10): Using two scoops of this gets you 22.5 servings and will last about a month. I got it for 32.95 so it was about 1.46 a serving. This isn't horrible but it isn't great either. I definitely wouldn't mind it being a bit cheaper. That being said it was still a fantastic product, and I will definitely be using it again.

Overall: (9.2/10): This isn't a perfect product but it's pretty darn close and is by far my favorite preworkout. I highly recommend this to anyone that has not tried it. You won't regret it.

March 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Recovery
  • Less Soreness
  • Tastes Awesome
  • Tricky Mixing
  • Makes Shaker Bottle Smell Weird
Modern BCAA is the only BCAA product that I have used as an intra-workout at the moment, and I don't see myself changing to another anytime soon.

Profile (9/10): I like the 8:1:1 ratio of amino acids in this product. I also like the inclusion of glutamine and some electrolytes. This product also doesn't have a bunch of crap in it which I really like.

Taste/Mixability (7/10): I did enjoy the taste of this product (I use white blue raspberry). It was lightly sweet and not overbearing. It was refreshing to sip on while working out as well. The mixability of this product was pretty bad however. Two scoops in 24 oz of lukewarm water should dissolve no problem, but no matter how much I shaked, it takes a good 10 minutes for it to properly dissolve.

Effectiveness (9/10): When I first started using this product the first thing I noticed was the increased endurance and recovery it gave me. The number of reps I could do for a particular weight increased across the board versus what I could do without using this product. I was also able to move on to the next set much more quickly with rest time being greatly diminished.

Value (9/10): Each tub gives 35 two scoop servings for about $29 which isn't bad at all. Definitely one of the more affordable bcaa products out there.

Overall (9/10): Great recovery, great value, and a great taste, although it would be nice if it mixed a little better. I would recommend this product to anyone that needs a little extra endurance in the weight room, and I will continue to use it into the foreseeable future