guitardaddy

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+40)
  • Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since July, 2013

• Great Formula
  • High Quality Ingredient Sources
  • Strength Gains
  • Minor Nausea Until Body Adapts
I'm posting my first review after reading about hundreds of them on various products. I'm back in the gym after a 6 year break, and about 14 years since I was really serious (6 days a week for 3 years straight from age 18 to 21). That said, there are so many more supplements these days, so this site has been very helpful in determining which ones to use and how to build my stack.

GENERAL OVERVIEW:

GENERAL OVERVIEW:
Torrent was highly recommended by other users on this site, so I decided to give it a try. I like the fact that it's an "all in one" post work out supplement. I still added some glutamine, kre-alk creatine, and L-theanine to the mix. After I started taking Torrent I encountered my first minor plateau since starting back up. My strength gains stalled a bit, but after a tub of Torrent, I broke through the plateau and noticed substantial strength gains in every muscle group. I noticed the best strength gains at the very end of the tub- after 3 or 4 weeks of use (I lift weights 5 or 6 days a week).

Recovery 9/10:
One of the cool effects of Torrent I noticed is my muscles feel fuller and more pumped up for awhile after each work out, and my energy levels are back to normal fairly fast. Since I've only been back at the gym for 2 months, I still get sore the next day after all work outs. In fact, if I don't get sore, I don't feel like I did enough work!

Value 7/10:
Although the tub I bought is only 15 servings, I found that 3 skimpy scoops (instead of 3 heaping scoops) provided at least 20 servings. It's a little expensive to be a daily supplement for me, but I plan to pick up a tub every couple months.

Taste 9/10:
I thought the taste was nice, but I'm not picky. I had the cherry flavor and think the flavor is great. I haven't came across a supplement that I won't purchase again simply because of the flavor. I'm more concerned about the results than the flavor.

Mixability 8/10:
The product mixes fairly well, however, sometimes small clumps end up in my mouth. When that happens I just crush them up with my tongue and keep drinking, so no big deal. I always use a closed bottle that I shake for about 10 seconds.

Side Effects 8/10:
I did notice some nausea for about the first 5 times I used the product. After that I didn't have any problems, so my system adapted.

Other Supplements:
Pre Work Out: Beta Alanine, arginine, citruline malate, kre-alk creatine, whey protein shake, glutamine

Intra Work Out: Modern BCAA's 10g

Post Recovery: I added glutamine, L-theanine, and kre-alk creatine to the Torrent. About 1 hour after I take the Torrent, I always eat a high protein meal.