giantmtb1

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+11)
  • Member was only active for 4 weeks, and was last online 9 years ago
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by giantmtb1

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Recovery
  • Worth The Money
  • Bloat
This is my 3rd tub of SizeOn since they released Maximum Performance. I cannot say there is a major improvement over the Original; however it is still very effective. The added aminos may be beneficial especially because this is an intra-workout product. The size and strength gains for a creatine product are excellent. You do, however, need to commit to a bulking diet and exercise routine. Don't expect to get big when you don't eat enough to get big. This shouldn't be a huge issue as there's noticeable appetite increases when taking SizeOn. Bloat wasn't obtrusive but it was noticeable. After my first tub, I gained 25 or so on bench and squat, although you should expect to lose 30-50% of gains within a week of completion. Overall, I would put SizeOn Maximum Performance above all other major label creatines, and well above small label simple monohydrates, esters, etc.
Taste: Like the Original, the product mixes pretty well (ie no chunks), but retains a chalky texture from its overall insolubility. It does settle, but shaking it a bit before taking a drink is no big deal. My personal favorite is the arctic lemon. To me, it is the most tolerable flavor, especially when dehydrated. Fruit punch is OK, and orange isn't terrible, but there is an artificial chemical taste to both.

• Great Absorption
  • Tastes Good
  • High Quality
  • Good Recovery
  • A Little Pricey
Okay, 50 bucks for a 5lb tub is a little pricey for protein when you price-check online, but Proto Whey is worth it. Like most people who have been training for multiple years, I've tried many different products (Myofusion, Syntha-6, Nitro-Tech, and many small labels to name just a few). I don't think I'll be switching any time soon from Proto Whey. Yes, there is only 20g of protein per serving. This doesn't mean it wont be effective or you need to take an extra scoop with every shake. I believe it to exCEEd every expectation of absorption, so much less goes to waste. Evidence of this is less gastric discomfort and less um... feces. I'm making bigger and leaner gains now than with much higher protein products. Stuff kicks a** and don't every worry about a couple extra grams of sugar in a primarily post-workout product. Replenishing glycogen is key in making gains.
Taste: I went with Cafe Mocha. The flavor is a little light for a coffee protein, but still very tasty. The texture is grainy and mixes well, but takes a minute or two to fully dissolve. Note: this flavor has real coffee concentrate in it, which I believe adds 35mg or so per serving, so beware if highly sensitive.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Works Amazing
  • No Crashes
  • Convenient To Use And Carry
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Awesome Energy
  • Long Uptake Time
This pre-workout is not for pumps or vascular expansion. Take it for what it intends to do: increase focus and energy. For these purposes, it's incredible (way, way better than Jack3d). No jitters, anxiety, over-stimulation or crash. My only complaint is it, for me, takes a little more than an hour to take effect. Sometimes the timing can be inconvenient. Once it kicks in, I keep focus and added energy even throughout a three hour or more boxing workout. I don't find MuscleSpeed unusually expensive. I've tried most pre-workouts on the market and this is my favorite by far, not to mention there are 45 servings in a bottle. Taking two servings per day as the directions suggest is completely unnecessary, as is taking on off-days for "consistency for maximum results". After trial of different timing and dosages, this appears to be a suggestion to get customers to go through more MuscleSpeed. Unless you absolutely need the energy for other things, I would only recommend taking it as a pre-workout. For added blood-flow and vascular expansion, I'd suggest Gaspari PlasmaJet for its effectiveness and timing sync.
Overall, this is an awesome product for long-lasting energy and focus, perfect for strength and cardio days or great for either alone. Other things to consider when taking MuscleSpeed but don't need elaboration: yes, it has caffeine so it will have a thermogenic effect and is good for weight loss. The pills do smell funny and aren't small, but hey, they're pills so quit complaining.