gervs11

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by gervs11

Overall
Thanks to Prime Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 6, 2018

• Good Ingredients
  • Low Dosages Of Greens
  • Mostly Fruit
  • Good Flavour But Not Peach Mango

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I'd like to thank alexosherow and Prime Nutrition for the opportunity to try and review Phytoform, their entry in the greens/fruit category. Although I eat pretty healthily and sensibly, I don't normally use greens supplements simply do to the fact that I would rather eat my food. I actually like raw vegetables, and try to include some at every meal. That being said, I have tried some in the past as was interested to try Phytoform because you can't really get enough greens.

Fact panel says:
per 1 sc...

Fact panel says:
per 1 scoop: 13grams
Calories: 20
Total Carbohydrates: 7g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 5g
Green Blend: 11.25g wrapped up in a propriety blend. I wish it weren't.
Here are the ingredients in the blend:
Blueberry Fruit Powder, Black Raspberry Powder, Mulberry Leaf Powder, pineapple Powder, Bilberry Leaf Powder, Papaya Juice Powder, Camu Camu, Luo Han Gul (monk fruit), Broccoli powder, Carrot Powder, Purple Sweet Potato Powder, Kelp, Fructooligosaccharides, chlorella, papain, Bromelain, Pyrroloquinoline quinone, Acai Juice Powder.

After looking over the ingredients, it is easy to say why Prime labels this product as Fruits 7 and Greens Formula, with Fruit coming first. The first 7 ingredients are fruit. It is clearly more fruit based than greens. In fact there are more sugars than fiber, at 5g and 2g respectfully. If you are relying on greens to help fill a gap in your nutrition, this may help but I wouldn't use it as a stand alone greens product. Furthermore, when choosing a greens, I usually look for spirulina and/or chlorella to be near the top of the list in ingredients. Spirulina doesn't make and appearance here and chlorella is the 13th ingredient.
Another thing to consider is the fact that on the tub, Prime claims that Phytoform is sweetened with Monk fruit, which it is, but under the name of the flavour it says naturally and artificially sweetened in fine print. So at first glance, one may be led to believe that it is a natural product, when in fact it isn't entirely so. They also use fructooligosacharides to sweeten the mix. I'm not sure if this is an issue with anyone, and it isn't for me since I am all about artificial sweeteners, but it is still something to consider.

Taste: The taste of this (Peach Mango) is pretty good. It has an earthy, yet tart flavour to it. it is almost like a sour cherry flavour. That being said, I didn't find that it tasted like peach or mango at all. However, in terms of a greens supplement, it was rather pleasant. I attribute that to the fact that there are more fruit juices than greens in here. 8/10

Mixability: I didn't really have much issue with this. It did leave some graininess behind, especially when not shaking in between drinks. I usually shake it up in between so there was only minor leftovers at the end.

Dosing: The label says 30, 13g servings. I found out early that I needed to be careful with this one because the scoop delivered significantly more than the serving size. I am talking like 4-5grams more. For someone who weighs and measures everything, that bothered me. Needless to say, I measured every time.

I find it difficult to rate the effectiveness of a fruit and greens supplements. I can't says either way if I noticed any detoxification or improved energy like the label claim. For me, these types of products are useful/effective if they meet my needs. My needs when using it was simply to fill in the gaps in my nutrition. I was looking to add greens and fiber. I could do without the fruit to be honest, but also did not mind that it was there. With that being said, by taking this product, I gained 2 grams of fiber along with 20 calories. Those are the highlights I was looking at. 2g is pretty good and seeing as the calories were kept low enough for the 2g, I think that that was a pretty good exchange. Where combined with the good taste, it was often quite a treat.
So, for what it is, I give it a 7/10. I would rate it higher if the greens were more prevalent, exchanging some of the sugars for more fiber.

At the time of writing this review, it can be had for as low as $25.99. I think that it is pretty fairly priced when comparing others in this category. I found it to be around the average. I wouldn't mind paying this price for a quality greens, but would also choose one with more greens that fruit at a similar price. 7/10

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects with this one.

--Conclusion----
I believe that this is a solid product for anyone looking to get added vitamins and antioxidants. If someone were looking for a straight greens product, I would suggest to look elsewhere. But If fruits and veggies are on the menu is any order, then you wont really go wrong with this and it won't break the bank either.
Overall 7/10

Overall
Thanks to Prime Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Calming
  • Good Ingredients
  • Did Not Give User(s) Rem Sleep
  • Low Servings And Higher Cost At Full Dose
---Introduction----
(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I have used many different sleep support products in the past. I rank them as the most important for me, right up there with pre workouts. With two young children at home, getting to sleep and staying there can be difficult, so I rely on these products to help me throughout the sleep process so that I can wake refreshed and ready to hit a training session before any one else weeks up.

---Introduction----
(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

The ingredients are wrapped up in a 6.49g blend. I'm not much of a fan or proprietary blends, but if they are effective, especially in sleep support, I can kind of look the other way. But they have to be more effective than their open label competition for me to justify paying a similar price.

GABA(y-AminoButyric Acid):?
-This neurotransmitter dampens nerve activity. People with insomnia often have reduced levels of GABA, therefore the most GABA that is present, the less likely one would have insomnia. Always good to include in this type of product.

L-Taurine:?
-Can help increase focus, increase muscular strength, increase muscle endurance, optimize cellular hydration and reduce muscle breakdown. Based on this, one would assume that it has been added here for muscle growth support and not sleep support, or the GH part of Sleep/GH.

L-Tyrosine: ?
-It is linked to cognitive enhancement, mood and motivation. It can increase levels of dopamine, which is believed to control cognitive flexibility, allowing you to become more efficient in multitasking. Since it has the ability to decrease stress levels, it would in turn have an impact on sleep as one would be in a more relaxed state, helping to fall asleep faster.

Mucuna pruriens (seed)(std.to 15% L-Dopa):?
It contains many precursors to neurotransmitters like L-Dopa. It has an ability to relax and tighten mood. This makes it ideal to help fall asleep. Since it elevates dopamine levels, it it said to have an effect on libido, as well as on Growth Hormone.

Valerian root extract:?
-It is used for sleep disorders, especially insomnia. It can be used to cause drowsiness. It is also used to treat anxiety and depression.

Pikatropin:?
-It is used as a brain booster, to support clarity of mind. It can help with struggling memory loss and anxiety. It can be used for concentration, and to ease anxiety.

Taste:
The taste of Sleep/GH (Fruit Punch) is pretty good. It has that typical sleep support chemical taste that most do, but it is not too pronounced. It is balanced nicely with a decent fruit flavour. It is not the best I have had, but also far from the worst. 7/10

Mixability: I did not experience any issues mixing this product. When using the recommended 8-12oz of water, it seemed to mix fine. There was no foaming, frothing, or graininess left over. A couple of shakes is all it took.

Dosing: Seeing as the recommended serving size is 6.49g, with a max dose of 2 scoop in 24 hours, you may want to use a scale for this one. I found that the scoop provided always gave about 1g off of the mark, but I did and do always weigh everything. By following this I found that there are indeed, give or take 30 servings, as some servings I used slightly more than 6.49g, simply by testing the dose. I did find one scoop to be pretty weak, and pretty quickly started using the full 2 scoops at once. This was better than one scoop, but also decreased the numbers of servings by half, to 15. That was disappointing.

As far as effectiveness, I found one scoop to not do much for me. I would not recommend this if 1 scoop was the max. Having said that, at 2 scoops, the effects begin to be noticeable. I will say right away, that I did not notice any effect, or benefit on terms of muscle growth and GH. This simply did not help me one bit in this area. There are a few ingredients said to help out in this area, but I did not notice any benefits.

In terms of sleep, at a full 2 scoops, I did notice some slight effects. I noticed some calming of mind when taken before bed. It was nothing crazy and nothing that mad me want/need to find a pillow, but just a slight sense of calmness. There was no fading effect, no knockout effect, no sense of keeping asleep or getting me back to sleep faster if I woke. These are all things that I look for in a sleep product. Further, if my mind was not already in a calm state, like while reading or simply relaxing in by the TV, I did not really feel the calming effect. If I was cleaning or focused on homework for example, the product did nothing to get me ready for sleep, and that was disappointing as I am usually doing things like this all evening before bed.

The last part that I will comment on is the recovery upon waking. I did not notice any added benefit to my recovery or freshness after sleeping. Having said that, there was also no grogginess that is often associated to sleep products.

Overall, in terms of effectiveness, I will give is a 5/10 as it did sometimes calm my mind for sleep, but did nothing otherwise in terms of GH.

At the time of writing this review, it can be had for $26.95 at certain online stores. That seems to be a pretty good price for a 30 serving tub of sleep support. However, it is important to remember that if using the full 2 scoops, that brings it down to 15 servings and doubles the cost per serving. That brings the per serving almost up to double that of similar products like Redcon's Fadeout, which is completely open and much more effective.
Total value 6/10

Side Effects

I experience no noticeable side effects.

--Conclusion----

I think that Prime Nutrition had taken some steps in the right direction with Sleep/Gh, but for me, there are too many things lacking. I think that there needs to be more emphasis placed on the sleep portion, in terms of either higher dosages or added ingredients. I did not really help me out much. Combine that with the fact that it is a closed label and you need 2 full scoops, bringing the total down to 15 servings, I just wouldn't buy it over the competition. Having said that, it is not a product that I would avoid if it were on sale since it did induce a calming state.
Overall 5/10

Overall
Thanks to Furious Formulations for sending it out!
  February 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • High Stim
  • Possible Jitters

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I'd Like to thank FuriousPete and Furious Formulations for the opportunity to try out Goku Gains through the trooper program. I have been training for years, and those of you who follow my reviews know that I like my pre workouts, in particular, high stim pre workouts. Needless to say, I was excited to get my hands on this one, and it did not disappoint.

Calories: 15

Calcium: 28mg
Sodium: 5mg

Furious Mind-Muscle Connection Matrix
L-Citrulline Malate: 4000mg
-It is citrulline with magic aside bonded to it to give stability in the body. It is promoted as a fatigue fighter, providing the user with extra reps, or sets before the muscle tires out. Malate is also thought to have some fatigue-fighting abilities, hence why it is usually added. Citrulline also promotes muscle fullness through blood flow, but is usually more potent at higher dosages on its own.

Betaine Anhydrous: 2500mg
-Often called trimethylglycine(TMG), it is derived from the breakdown of choline. It may boost muscle strength and size by increasing creatine production in the body. It can also increase change of muscle protein synthesis following training. It is also linked with muscle fullness and cellular fluid volume.

Taurine: 1000mg

Nitrosigine (as inositol stabilized arginine silicate): 500mg
-It is a complex of bonded asinine silicate that has been proven to increase nitric oxide and silicon blood levels in the human body. It should be consumed daily at 750mg to 1500mg to increase vasodilation and cardiovascular health.

Agmatine Sulfate: 500mg
-inhibits nitric oxide synthase for improved muscle pumps. Promotes better intra
workout energy and is also strongly linked in aiding mental clarity. Companies are including anywhere from 500mg to 1000mg, with 1g seeming to be the sweet spot.

Caffeine Anhydrous:350mg
-Pure powdered form of caffeine. Linked to many benefits like increased fat loss, muscle endurance, muscle strength and power and faster recovery. 350mg is a pretty high dose, especially when you consider the other stimulants added below. Beginners may want to assess their tolerance.

Choline Bitartate: 300mg
It is used to increase neural concentration, helping with focus during training. It provides the nervous system with more acetylcholine, giving you that mind-muscle connection and stronger contractions. It enhances cognitive function, boosts memory and mental focus.

Salvia miltiorrhiza(containing tanshinones & salvianolic acid): 250mg
-This is a first for me. I could not find much information on this ingredient other than it can be used as NO boosters, along side creatine to further the muscle building process. I welcome any further information anyone may have on this.

ElevATP (ancient peat and apple extract): 150mg
-It has a positive impact on elevating energy production in the body by stimulating the production of ATP. It leads to increases in athletic performance, power output and training volume. In turn, it can lead to improved body composition through increased muscle growth.

French Maritime Pine extract (bark)(containing procyanidins): 100mg
-It is often referred to as Pycnogenol. I has been shown to strengthen immune response, improve cardiovascular efficacy as well as to treat other adverse health conditions. It also has strong antioxidant properties and induces vasodilatory effects.

Psycho-Active Furious Energy Blend: 175mg
This is a proprietary blend, which is disappointing as up until now, the label has been pretty open.

DMHA:?
-It is an exotic stimulant similar to DMAA and which we are starting to see disappear from most supplements due to controversial use. It is a very effective stimulant and is often associate with the sense of Euphoria. Many other supplements using DMHA hover around the 200mg mark which seems to be an effective dose.

Hordenine HCL: ?
-Provides a natural energy with a sharp mental focus. Works well with caffeine and provides a strong mood enhancing component. Up to 75mg is usually recommended.

Teacrine as camellia assamica var, kulcha tea: ?

Halostachine HCL: ?
-It is similar in structure and function to ephedrine. It is known for its "feel-good_ effects. It helps to increase metabolism, stimulate lipolysis, enhance focus, increase energy, suppress appetite and improve glucose storage and utilization.

N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCL: ?
-This version of L-Tyromine has been shown to increase cAMP, heart rate and insulting production. It also decreases blood sugar levels.

Huperzine A (from toothed clubmoss) extract: ?
-it is used as a memory enhancer and often taken by those studying for a test. It is often used anywhere from 50 to 200mcg.

Taste: Many pre workouts these days taste great. Taste has pretty much become one of the deciding factors when buying a pre workout. With all of the great tasting options out there, there is really no reason for your pre workout to taste bad, with the exception of naturally sweetened products, which some people have a hard time with, no matter how it is flavoured. With that said, this (Yummy Gummy Gasms) flavour of Goku Gains that I tested, was by far the best tasting pre workout I have ever had. That includes the likes of Man Sports, which makes great tasting products. It is sweet, but not too sweet, sour, but not too sour, and has no weird or chemical aftertaste at all. It is just the perfect balance. I give it a 10/10.

Mixability: Nothing out of the ordinary to report here. It was easily mixed, did not foam or froth, and left nothing behind. No graininess at all.

Dosing: Each scoop is said to contain 15g. I found however that the scoop was always heavier then that. It was usually about 2-3 grams off. This can be bad when you consider the caffeine and stimulant content. I never had an issue however, as I alway weigh everything. But it is something to consider. If going by weight, there are indeed 20 servings in the container as listed on the label.

It is recommended to start with a 1/2 scoop, which I agree with. Take this one slow. Once you build up, the 1 full scoop is a pretty sweet spot. The warning says not to consume more than 2 scoops in a 24 hour period. I would definitely limit this to 1. The only way I can see someone taking 2 scoops in 24 hours is if they must train in the evening on one day, followed by an earlier training session the next day, but definitely not 2 in one day.

Once tolerance was build up to one scoop, I found it to be pretty effective. There are a lot of stimulants here and you can really feel them pretty early on. I found that the increase energy as well as heart rate hit me pretty quick compared to others. After about 10 minutes of have=ing consumed the product, I felt the need to get moving. This is definitely not a product you would want to take, and then end up sitting around for a couple of hours. The energy is too intense for that. If you are in the gym and moving however, the energy is pretty sweet. It gave me a combination of focus and hyper-like intensity. It was almost to the point where waiting between sets was almost uncomfortable. There was no nausea or sickness, just a sense of having to move. That being said, it was preferable to take this on days that training lasted a little longer. On shorter session days, I found that I would be jittery for about 30-60 minutes post workout. Not crazy jittery, but just enough to say it was there. With the added "feel-good" ingredients, this wasn't really a problem. This amount of energy can be a good thing inside the gym, and I never found myself not liking it.
In terms of muscle fullness or pump, I didn't really notice anything unusual or tightened compared to normal. The label claims to provide the "ultimate energy, focus, and mind-muscle connection". I didn't really feel the mind-muscle elevated at all enemy more than I usually do, which was something that I was looking forward to. I think that the energy and focus are what really stood out for me in this one. Overall effectiveness 8/10

At the time of writing this article, it can be had for $39.99 from the Furious Formulations web site. I could not find it any where else. For a 20 serving pre workout, I think that it is priced a little high, especially when you consider its competitors with proven ingredients and dosages like pre-jam and pre-cages priced at $37.99. That being said, in the exotic stimulant market you have DVST8 White cut priced at $49.99 and Sparta Kraken priced at $39.99 for 40 servings. I still think it is pretty high for only 20 servings and a not completely open label, but then again, it seems that most pre workout are high these days. For value, I give it a 7/10

Side Effects

The only side effects I noticed were slight jitters. These were more noticeable able short training sessions. I don't think that it is odd, given the amount of caffeine in this product. Assess your tolerance as you work through this one.

--Conclusion----
I believe that Furious Formulations has a pretty solid entry in the high stim category with Goku Gains. It is an effective energy enhancing product that is sure to get you going. I only wish that the entire label was open. That would make it stand out more for me and elevate the overall mark. I give it an 8/10 overall.

Overall
Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
  January 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Boost
  • Joint Support
  • Sleep Through The Night
  • No Groginness
  • Closed Label
  • Low Doses

I have used many different sleep supplements over the years. Having young children and needing to train early in the morning, getting to sleep and staying there is critical for me. I have used stand alone product as well as combinations. I am alway excited to try out new sleep formulas.

Vitamin D3 For Sleep as cholecalciferol: 800IU
-A deficiency in Vitamin D leads to sleep disorders. It can have negative impacts on the amount and quality of sleep one gets, which in turn effects the mood upon waking.

Vitamin B (Pyridoxine HCL): 4mg
...

Vitamin D3 For Sleep as cholecalciferol: 800IU

Vitamin B (Pyridoxine HCL): 4mg
-It helps to regulate sleep patterns by converting small amounts of tryptophan to niacin and serotonin.

Magnesium (amino acid chelate): 40mg
-It is often used in sleep supplements due to its ability to decrease cortisol, the stress hormone that keeps you up at night. It helps to relax you and give you a sleepy feeling.

Zinc (amino acid chelate): 7.5mg
-It is also often used in sleep supplements. It has a sedative effect on the nervous system. It is thought to help with mental recovery post stress, or training. It improves the quality of sleep especially when insomnia is involved.

Boron (citrate): 5mg
-It is a micro-mineral that has many important roles in the body. It works well with vitamin D to increase content of bones and it increases and regulates magnesium, among other things. It regulates hormone production. A lack of Boron could lead to many things like muscle pain, memory problems, depression, hormonal imbalance and weak, brittle bones. All of these things are not conducive to a good night's sleep.

Joint Support Blend 2580mg
Since it is a proprietary blend, it is impossible to know the amounts of each ingredient.
Glucosamine Sulfate
-It is a natural compound found in healthy cartilage, mostly in the fluid around the joints. It has anti-inflammatory properties and has shown signs of cartilage regeneration.

Chondroitin Sulfate
-It is a mother component of cartilage that helps to retain water. It may provide pain relief for some people and can improve some hindered joint movements slightly.

Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hylauronate)
-It has been shown to help in treatment of arthritis.

Bromelain 2400GDU
-It is an enzyme that has protein digesting properties. It can support healthy digestion. It also may help to support joint comfort and receive temporary soreness associated with muscle overuse.

MSM
Methylsulfonymethane is used to lower inflammation and help restore healthy bodily tissue.

Immune Blend 2100mg
Another proprietary blend.

Vitamin C(Ascorbic acide)
-Several cells in the immune system need vitamin C to perform their task, especially phagocytes and t-cells. A lack of vitamin C can reduce resistance against certain pathogens. A higher supply can in turn enhance several immune system parameters.

L-Glutamine
-enhances the ability of the immune system to deal with high stress workouts. It also helps in recovery.

Colostrum 30% IgG
-It can boost immunity because it is a critical nutrient source, it can help to develop the immune system, it reduces inflammation, it is anti-microbial, it can help improve metabolism and it helps to fight cancers.

Sleep, Relaxation & Recovery Blend 530mg
Another propriety blend.

GABA(y-AminoButyric Acid)
-This neurotransmitter dampens nerve activity. People with insomnia often have reduced levels of GABA.

L-Tryptophan
-This amino acid increases serotonin, which increases melatonin. These help to regulate sleep and mood. It helps to counter sleep disturbances.

5HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
-It is a by-product of L-Tryptophan, thus helps the body produce more serotonin.

Melatonin
-This natural hormone is made by the pineal gland and helps to control sleep and wake cycles. When melatonin levels rise, you begin to feel less alert, making sleep more inviting.

Taste: I tried the Passion Fruit Tea version and it was quite enjoyable. It did have that certain chemical quality that most sleep supplements have but it is by far better than other that I have tried in the past. 8/10

Mixability: It mixed pretty good. It had no graininess or leftover when using the recommended liquid quantity of 4-6oz.

Dosing: At 7g per scoop, the tub yield is 30 servings and I found that to be accurate. I like that there is a full 30 day supply as some others out there have only 20-25 servings, so I appreciate that. I used the full 7g scoop every time and I found that to be pretty good for me.

In terms of ingredient dosing, like I stated above, it is difficult to say due to the fact that they are hidden in blends, but some of the blends at pretty small and I'd like to see higher doses of certain ingredients, like melatonin.

Adaptogen promotes Night flight as being able to strengthen joints, boost immune system and have you sleep all night and be ready to go in the morning.

In terms of joint support, this is pretty difficult for me to judge. I have never had any problems, pain or stiffness in my joints (knock on wood). I cannot say either way if Night Flight helped me in this regard. I will say though, that my joints did not start to hurt or become stiff while using it, and that the ingredients included are certainly those that are often found in joint support products. Therefore, I will leave this section for others to comment on.

As an immune system booster, I would like to think that it did work for me. I am a primary school teacher, therefore I often around germs and sickness. I usually tolerate these quite well from years of being exposed to them. For some reason however, the first part of this school year (Sept-Nov) I found myself feeling under the weather quite a bit. Mostly common colds. Since using Night Flight, I have not been sick at all. Now this may very well just be coincidence, but either way, I have not been sick, and I am happy with that.

In terms of sleep, I found Night Flight to be quite effective at promoting a calm state before bed and keeping me asleep throughout the night. For me, it was not a knockout supplement. It simply prepared me and calmed my body and mind in preparation for sleep. If however, I was not ready for bed and took it while continuing with things like work around the house or homework, the feeling of sleepiness went away really quick. For me, the best time to take it was about 10 minutes before bed and making sure that I was in bed as soon as possible. In this state, I could say that I would fall asleep very quickly and never really woke up during the night like I usually do. I give it an 8/10 for this. I would have rated it higher if it had the ability to put me to sleep every time, regardless of what I was doing.

I terms of morning recovery, many other sleep supplements have you feeling groggy and tired in the morning. That is not the case with night flight. I can't say that I was more alert or ready for the day that usual, but I did not experience any grogginess or tiredness after taking it. Since melatonin is that last ingredient in a 530mg blend, it probably does not have a big enough effect to induce the grogginess effect.

overall effectiveness 8/10

At the time of writing this review, I could only find this product at two online stores. One being Adaptogen's own website at $49.95 and the other being massforlife.com at $41.99. Either way it is priced fairly similarly to other popular sleep aids. MTS Nutrition's Machine Sleep is set at $39.99 and Ronnie Coleman's Resurrect PM is at $36.99. The differences here however is that both of these, as well as many others have an open label, so you can be sure of the ingredients you are taking in. Either way, for an effective formula, I'd say it is pretty well priced, but still would not be my go at this price. I would like an open label in order to spend as much as other that do use open labels.

----Side Effects--I did not notice any side effects from taking the product. It does contain melatonin at an undisclosed amount, so theoretically, one may experience some morning grogginess from this. I however, did not.

--Conclusion----

Overall, I think that adaptogen has a pretty good product in the night time support category with Night Flight. Like I stated earlier, if you are looking for a knockout, this isn't it. This is something to help prepare you for sleep and to ensure you stay there throughout the night. As a bonus, it have other goodies as well, which separate it from others in this category. I only wish that the label was open. I would recommend it to others and it does work. Have said that, I would choose a similar product, with an open label first if comparing two similar products side by side. Overall 7/10

Overall
Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  January 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Open Label
  • Causes Nausea
  • Jitters
  • Less Of The Ingredients At Lower Dose

I'd like to start by thanking Labtech nutraceuticals for the opportunity to try and to review their pro workout competitor, Biometric Shock. I have been taking pre workout supplements for a long time now and have used every different type you can think of. None of the ingredients found here were new to me, and knowing about them, I was quite excited to try it out.

Kudos to LABTECH for a completely open label. This is pretty much a must for me these days and no reason not to include a fully transparent label in my opinion.
Performance
-Be...

Performance
-Beta Alanine: 3.700mg
-This non-essential amino acid is widely used to promote performance through muscle endurance if used on a regular basis. Daily dosing can range anywhere from 2-5g per day, with split doses if you want to avoid the parasthesia(tingles) usually associated with higher doses.

-Black Pepper fruit extract: 5mg
-It increases the bioavailability of other ingredients, which is why it is often found in many supplements. You will usually see 5 to 10mg as a dose.

Energy
-Caffeine Anhydrous:375mg
-Pure powdered form of caffeine. Linked to many benefits like increased fat loss, muscle endurance, muscle strength and power and faster recovery. 375mg is a high dose good dose and you have to remember that it is not the only form of caffeine in here.

-Theobromine: 325mg
-It is similar to caffeine and is used to improve the intensity of training. It also dilates blood vessels and therefore increases NO production. Dosing can be anywhere from 100-560mg.

-2 aminoisoheptane: 175mg
-It is otherwise known as DMHA, an exotic stimulant similar to DMAA and which we are starting to see disappear from most supplements due to controversial use. It is a very effective stimulant and is often associate with the sense of Euphoria. Many other supplements using DMHA hover around the 200mg mark which seems to be an effective dose.

-caffeine citrate: 100mg
-This is the second form of caffeine in here. with a third to follow. It is a combination of caffeine anhydrous, citric acid monohydrate, and sodium citrate dehydrate. It raises caffeine blood levels faster than any other form. It provides 50% of caffeine yield, so 100mg would yield 50mg of active caffeine.

-DiCaffeine Malate: 75mg
-This is the third form of caffeine found in here and it totals 550 mg of caffeine with a yield of 475mg according to Labtech. This is quite a bit of caffeine and should really by considered before taking any where near a full scoop.

-synephrine hydrochloride: 50mg
It is often used in weight lose product because it increases thermogenesis and is used as a replacement to the banned ephedrine. It is a stimulant and will increase heart rate so one should be careful when taking it with caffeine.

-yohimbe HCL: 20mg
-yohimbe's epinephrine & adrenaline support could help to add intensity to physical strength & performance, enabling extra reps during training. It is another stimulant, which some people have difficulty taking. It will increase hear rate as well, so one should exercise caution and start with a small dose.

-huperzine-A: 50mcg
-It enhances cognition and improves muscle strength. This nootropic easily crosses the blood and brain barrier, making it a good choice here. It is used as a memory enhancer and often taken by those studying for a test. It is often used anywhere from 50 to 200mcg.

Focus/Mood
-Taurine: 1000mg

-citicoline: 300mg
-It is the most potent form of choline, therefore requires the lowest dosage. It is used to increase neural concentration, helping with focus during training.

-L-dopa: 250mg
-also known as mcucuna pruriens, it it used to promote brain health, mood, and cognition. Dosing is anywhere from 250mg to 500mg.

-Hordenine HCL: 50mg

-Noopept: 30mg
-It is a nootropic that influences cognitive functions, including focus and memory. Adequate dosing should be somewhere between 15 and 20mg.

Taste: The flavor I tried was apple. It was a pretty good flavor. I often found myself taking less than the recommended dosage so I had to use considerably less water or the flavor was very diluted. Having said that, following 1 full scoop and the recommended 4-6oz of water, it was quite enjoyable. 8/10

Mixability: It mixed pretty good in the recommended liquid. I never had any issue with graininess or foaming. It dissolved pretty good with a couple of shakes, and stayed that way. I usually drink my pre workout pretty fast, so I can't comment on what would happen after an extended period of time, say 20 plus minutes.

Dosing: Usually I would say that the effectiveness part of my reviews are the most important, but for Biometric Shock, this is by far the most important as a wrong dosage will not only set you up for a bad workout, but also a bad day. Labtech recommends that you assess your tolerance by starting with 1/4 scoop 20 minutes before training and having has 30-50g of slow digesting carbs 40 minutes before that. A full scoop of this stuff contains 475mg of caffeine. Thats a lot. I knew that going in, but I am also very used to high amounts of caffeine and I am pretty tolerant to it. Therefore, I decided to start with 1/2 scoop and even debated a full scoop as I usually jump right in. I have to say that that was a huge mistake. I'm not sure if it was the total caffeine, the yohimbe, or both combined, but I was nauseous all day. I'm talking like 16 hours of fighting the urge to vomit. I even felt nauseous the next time, when I only used 1/4 scoop. This is not common for me. That along with extreme jitters make this one pretty dangerous. I highly recommend starting with the 1/4 scoop.
Each scoop held the mentioned 10grams for 30 servings in the container. After factoring in the 1/4 and 1/2 scoops, I'd say that 30 servings is pretty accurate.

Labtech promises Energy, focus, mood and motivation. I have to say, that based on the above, the energy is very apparent, even at the 1/4 scoop mark. I never did reach a full scoop out of fear of nausea. In fact, every time I took this pre workout, I did not feel right. At a 1/4 scoop, I could manage but there was still some lingering sick feeling in the background.
Focus: I really can't say that I was ever really focussed. I think that the sickness and the jitters ruined this benefit for me. I usually could not wait to finish a set as I was shaking too much.

Mood and motivation: Again, I feel as though things would have been different if I had not experienced the negative side effects that I did. Needless to say, my mood was not very good, and my motivation was to finish my workout early. That was not good for me.

As for performance, there is quite a bit a beta alanine present in 1 full scoop. The problem is that if you take 1/4 to 1/2 scoop every time, your dose of beta alanine is significantly lowered, making it so that you do not get the wanted effects of a full scoop.

On a side note, I know some people may be thinking that my side effects came from the yohimbe. The problem though is that I have taken yohimbe many times before, in all of its forms, as a stand alone and in combinations. I have never experienced anything like this before.

I really hate to give a negative mark on a supplements that contains many quality ingredients at disclosed dosages, but for me, this simply was not good for my body. This effectiveness rating is 100% my personal experience and someone else may rate it a 10, but for me, its a 5/10. I rate it a 5 simply do to the fact that I did get good energy out of a 1/4 serving.

At the time of writing this review, I could find the product at a couple of online retailers, but not many and they all list it at $44.99. That his pretty expensive, but based on 30 servings and the quality of ingredients, I'd say that it is priced right around where it should be, and I would have no problem paying that price for something with this label (that is of course if it did not make me sick). 8/10

Side Effects

As listed above;
-extreme jitters with 1/2 serving and higher
-racing heart
-long lasting nausea

Be careful with how you dose this one.

--Conclusion----

Overall, I am conflicted about this one. I know that based on the label, that this is a good product. I like the ingredients and their dosages. The fact of there matter is that it simply did not agree with me at any dosage. I really wish that it did and I hope that it does for others. I think that I'll chalk this one up to "not for me" 5/10 (for me personally).

Really be careful with this one. I'd also like to know if anyone experienced what I did or if it was just me and my body disagreeing.

As for my recommendation of YES, I can't not recommend this product as I believe that it could be a good one for others, and I truly hope that it is. It simply has too many good ingredients to not recommend. Who knows, everyone is different.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strong Effect On Libido
  • 6 Caps Can Be A Lot To Take At Once

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I'd like to thank Outbreak Nutrition for the opportunity to try, and to review this product. I have been workout out recreationally for years now. I have never really put much stick into my testosterone levels before, but as I am getting older, things are just not functioning as they once were. Things are tight, sore, creaky and more difficult to move. Therefore, I am starting to get somewhat interested in the testosterone booster market, knowing not to expect any incredible changes but still hoping to notice some slight benefits. That being said, this is one of the first boosters I have tried so I do not have much to compare it to. I only have may experiences with it. So here we go.

Magnesium (as Aspartate): 200mg
-Magnesium is said to have many effects in the body. Those surrounding testosterone as pretty controversial. It is implicated in controlling cortisol levels, which is never a bad thing when trying to up your test levels.

Zinc (as Monomethionine): 30mg
-Zinc is very important for enzyme function and cellular reactions.
These are two of the three ingredients found in ZMA products, which have been promoted as testosterone boosters for years. I think it is pretty well established now that it will not boost your test levels. That is not to say that they are not useful. Most athletes have lower levels of zinc and magnesium simply due to excess sweating. Replenishing these levels is critical for cellular function and to keep testosterone levels in the normal range. Do not expect it to elevate your levels however.

AgresTest (Fadogia agrestis) 10:1 Extract: 1200mg
-Outbreak says that this trademarked extract will quickly and significantly boost your testosterone levels, enhance your libido and increase your stamina in the bed room.

KSM 66 (Ashwagandha Extract): 500mg
-It has great potential for protecting and enhancing cognitive function as well as general health and well-being. It is linked to a reduction in anxiety and depression. Because these things impair concentration, focus and memory, ashwagandha can have the ability to help balance and protect cognitive abilities.

Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum)(seed) 50%Saponins: 500mg
-It has been consumed for hundreds of years for its virility inducing effects. It works by increasing libido through raising testosterone levels.

Longjack (Eurycoma longifolia)(root) 100:1 Extract :300mg
-Longjack is known for its aphrodisiac effects which is very welcome in a supplement said to increase libido. It also helps control estrogen levels.

Boron Citrate: 100mg
-Boron is essential to maintain healthy testosterone levels. It supports healthy hormone levels and increase to free testosterone. It is used to make certain that your testosterone levels are not below normal and can aid in bringing them back up to normal.

Androsta 3,5-diene-7,17-dione: 50mg
-It is mainly known as Arimistane. It is a very potent estrogen blocker. Outbreak uses it here to control estrogen levels that may rise due to the increase in testosterone.

As you can see, Outbreak has added quite a bit of highly potent and proven ingredients in this formula. There are ingredients here that I wouldn't mind taking daily on their own, let alone in conjunction with the rest of these goodies.

Taste: N/A as they are caps
Mixability: N/A same reason
Dosing: Instructions are to take it at the same time everyday with a meal. That is what I did, with my first meal of the day. Each serving is 6 capsules. The caps are normal size and easy to get down with no after taste or burps. Each container contains 30 servings of 6 veggie (important for some) caps for a total of 30 days worth.

In terms of how Rise effected my testosterone levels, it is really difficult to say without having pre and post blood tests done. Therefore, I will review on the effects that I noticed while taking this product.
Energy: The bottle says that you will feel results within 3-7 days of taking the product. I have to say that I did not notice any increase in energy within that time frame. I will say however that I did experience and energy increase somewhere around the half way mark (15 days -ish). It was nothing crazy, but still noticeable. I felt like I had more energy to get through long days, where I would normally need a caffeine boost. The fact that I was not looking for something to keep me going tells me that it was working. I'm thinking that mentally, it was probably due to the KSM 66.
Strength/Stamina: I was in a energy surplus at the time of taking this, so my strength and stamina were already pretty high. I noticed a continued increase, but it is difficult to say forsake if Rise had any bearing on that, but I like to believe that it did.
Libido: This is where things get interesting. I have used libido enhancers before, with mixed success and I can say for certain that Rise is in fact, as very good libido booster. I found my libido very high compared to usual, and it is usually high to begin with. While using Rise, I found myself always aware of my libido, always. No matter where or when, it was on. It definitely lived up to its claim on that end.

For helping with energy, possible strength and stamina and definitely libido, I would rate its effectiveness an 8/10.

At the time of writing this review, it can be had for $29.99 for 30 servings (30Days). When looking at other testosterone boosters, I'd say that it is ver well priced. When you consider Magnitropin at $51 and Testogen XR at $44, I'd say $29.99 is a steel. It would all depend on how badly you want and or need a test boost, or if you just want the fun of a libido boost. I really don't think that you can go wrong here. 8/10

Side Effects

Zero side effects for me.

--Conclusion----
In conclusion I think that Outbreak Nutrition had a pretty good competitor in the natural testosterone booster department. It will not give you super human results (if using natural testosterone boosters, you should already know that), but will deliver noticeable effects in energy levels, possible strength levels and intense libido levels. At $29.99, if you are curious about it, it is quite reasonable. You really can't go wrong trying this one out.

Thanks to BN Labs for sending it out!
  December 17, 2017

• High Protein
  • Clean Profile
  • Added Velositol

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum) Like you may have seen in my previous review, I have used many different kinds of protein supplements over the years from concentrates, to isolates to natural or artificially sweetened, to plant and soy based powders. I usually use them to hit my protein numbers for the day and don't really care to much on the source of protein as long as it fits my numbers. Sometimes I prefer higher calories when I am bulking and sometimes I need less when I am cutting. Even though I am currently intaking more calories, a whey isolate is nice because it allows me to get more creative and liberal with flavouring my protein shakes. I often like to make protein milk shakes so with less calories, I can add more 'goodies' to my shakes. That is where Ultimate Whey Isolate from BN Labs came in.

Unlike Tasty Whey Deluxe's whey blend that I was using at the same time, this is a straight whey isolate powder. In fact, it is an instantized isolate 'BiPRO'. Right on the from of the container, it is stated that it is a 90% protein. Not all companies state the percentage of protein yield, so kudos to BN Labs for doing so.

Each 30g scoop contains:
110 calories
0g total fat
1g carbs
0g fiber
0g sugar
27g protein
As you can see, it is a very clean protein, excellent for those on low calories or restricted carbs. For having 30g in a scoop, 110 is pretty low for 27g of protein. These numbers would be difficult to find in other isolate sources. In fact, even Nutrabio's whey isolate only has 25g of protein for 110 calories, which is still excellent.

The ingredient list is as follows:
-Instantized Whey Protein Isolate BiPRO
BiPRO is an ion exchange process which allows the powder to be seamlessly mixed into the liquid. This is where the 'instantized" part comes from. It is the only source of protein used in this powder. Bing an isolate, it is quick digesting, not having any carbs or fats to slow the process down. It is an excellent source to take in and around training as it is quick digesting. Whey isolate is a high quality protein that many people use exclusively because of this factor.

The remaining ingredients are flavour and thickening agents. They are as follows:
Velositol: This patented ingredient is often used in conjunction with whey protein. It helps to enhance muscle protein synthesis. Therefore, it is a great addition to a protein powder that would be used to fuel up around training time.
- sea salt, Natural and Artificial flavor, xanthin gum, sucralose. These are pretty standard additions used to flavour and thicken protein powder. It is important to note that it is not a 'natural' protein. it has artificial flavours and sweeteners. Something to consider.

Like many other protein supplements, BN Labs does provide a typical amino acid breakdown per 100g of powder, which is nice. I never really even look at those things but it is important to some people. Here it is:

alanine 4.9g
threonine 4.7g
tryptophan 2.9g
tyrosine 3.6g
valine 5.6g

Taste: I have to start off by saying that the flavour that I tried was Vanilla. Now, I have nothing against vanilla, but it is not my go to flavour of choice. That being said, I kept an open mind as I have used some pretty good tasting vanilla proteins in the best, and some horribly chemical tasting ones. That being said, I really did not mind the taste of Ultimate Whey. I knew going in that it would not be packed with rich flavour as it is an isolate with great macros. It was however a pretty smooth stating protein with no chemical taste or after taste. It is however, pretty light on flavour. I found that mixing it with milk, 2%, was the way to go with this one. Almond milk or water simply did not provide enough creaminess to compensate for the light taste. In milk however, I found it to be quite enjoyable, Seeing as the calories are pretty low and I was not currently restricting my daily calories, I often found myself adding a tablespoon or two of whipping cream to my shakes. Obviously this enhanced the flavour quite a bit. The reason I mention this is because if the macros and calories were higher in the powder (like most others), I would not have been able to do this. That has to count for something. 7/10

Mixability:
I usually use a blender to blend my powder with liquid and ice, which works quite well with all powders. However, for the sake of this review, I did try a simple shaker cup a few times to see how it performed. I guess I would say that it mixed as expected. In comparing it to Tasty Whey, which I was using along side this one, I found it to be much easier to mix. Instead of needing the 20-30 seconds of shaking, I found that I usually only needed to shake a few times for get the powder to mix. So in this aspect, it was excellent.

Dosing:
Suggested use is to use one scoop (30g) of powder for every 5-6oz of liquid. This is a pretty small amount of liquid compared to others, but due to the light taste, I can see whey that is the suggestion. Each container has 30 servings but like I stated in my previous review, I often used this powder multiple times per day and even two servings at once. I often did this to strengthen the flavour and make a thicker shake. That being said, since I used this along side another protein powder at multiple servings per day, I found that it lasted me about 17-18 days. I usually weigh my powders and found that a full scoop contained more than 30g, but this is often the case with powders, which is why I always recommend weighing them out.

This section will be pretty similar to my other protein powder reviews as effectiveness of protein supplements are really difficult to judge. I don't look at them as muscle sparring or building miracles. I simply use them to hit my protein numbers for the day. Protein in itself is essential for muscle growth or preservations, depending on your goals. Whey protein is simply a way to ensure that you are getting an adequate amount for your specific body and goals. That being said, whey protein does have a high bioavailability, making it perfect to take in and around training, not to mention the conveniency. This is especially true of this product as it does contain Velositol. Having a straight isolate, with the Velositol, makes this product especially good for around training. Even though protein supplements are mainly used to reach protein numbers, this one is specifically designed to be taken around training time and would therefore be more effective than other protein sources that are not mainly isolate and that do not contain Velositol. For what it is, and for what I used it for, I would say that it is just as effective, if not more effective than any other protein powder that I have used around training. 10/10

The only location that I have found that carries BN Labs Ultimate Whey Isolate is from BN Labs website itself. That being said, it is quite expensive. Their list price is $59.99 for the 30 servings tub. This is very expensive, even as whey isolate products go. Even Nutrabio, which is known for higher prices, lists its Protein Isolate for $39.99. Dymatize Iso 100 can be had for $28, but for only 23 servings. Either way you look at it, this is quite a high price tag, but for a high quality product. I personally would pass on that price for something cheaper, even if it only contains 24-25g of protein per serving. If someone knows of a cheaper price somewhere for this product, I would love to know about it. 5/10

Side Effects

I haven't noticed any side effects. That being said, those who are sensitive to artificial sweeteners may want to read the ingredients carefully before deciding on this protein.

--Conclusion--
I think that Ultimate Whey Isolate is a very high quality protein isolate supplement. It has one of the best nutritional profile that I have seen on any protein supplement, but you have to be prepared to pay for it. Like all things, you get what you pay for. The bottom line is, it tastes good, can meet your goals and break your wallet all at the same time.

Overall
Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
  December 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • -good Taste
  • Good Macros
  • Quality Protein Sources

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I'd like to start by thanking Adaptogen Science for the opportunity to try, and to review their protein blend 'Tasty Whey', through the Trooper program.

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I have used many different kinds of protein supplements over the years from concentrates, to isolates to natural or artificially sweetened, to plant and soy based powders. I usually use them to hit my protein numbers for the day and don't really care to much on the source of protein as long as it fits my numbers. Sometimes I prefer higher calories when I am bulking and sometimes I need less when I am cutting. Therefore, I am also open to different formulas and blend. At this time, I have extra calories in my diet, so a protein blend like this one fits in nicely.

Tasty Whey Deluxe is a combination of the usual ingredients found in a high quality whey protein. It has a pretty open label, stating the types of protein found as well as other added ingredients. It isn't as open as something like a Nutrabio protein which states how much exact protein is derived from each sourced, but not many other proteins do that.

Each 35g scoop contains:
130 calories
2.5g total fat
2.5g carbs
0g fiber
1g sugar
25g protein
As you can see, it is a pretty clean protein, excellent for those on low calories or restricted carbs.

The ingredient list is as follows:
-whey protein blend (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, hydrolyzed whey protein isolate).
You can see that the first ingredient is whey concentrate. It is not the cleanest form of whey protein and is probably where the few grams of carbs and fats come from. It is not unusual to see this listed as the first ingredient in a protein blends at it tends to offset the costs of the other more expensive proteins. Whey isolate is used next, which is usually what people like to see, especially in a blend as it is faster digesting as well as keeps the macros down a bit from a straight concentrate. Hydrolysate is next. These 'pre-digested' proteins help to speed up the digestion process ever further to help your body absorb and use the protein more efficiently. This is nice to see in a blend that contains concentrate as it helps to off set the macros and bioavailability even further. In terms of a protein blend, there is nothing here that I am unhappy with. It is pretty standard and what I would expect in using a whey blend.

Cocoa powder, natural & artificial flavours, potassium chloride, xanthin gum and sucralose. These are pretty standard ingredients in a whey powder. It is not a "natural" powder, nor does it claim to be. If that is important to you, you may not be a fan of these ingredients. I personally have no issues with artificial ingredients or sweeteners so it does not bother me, but you should be aware that they are in there.

Adaptogen does provide a typical amino acid breakdown per every scoop, which is nice. I never really even look at those things but it is important to some people. Here it is:

isoleucine 1,369mg
histidine 425mg
proline 1,357mg
serine 1,221
tyrosine 693mg

Taste: This powder has a lot to live up to. It is after all, called Tasty Whey Deluxe. One would then expect it to be, well, tasty. I have to say that Tasty Whey Deluxe is in fact, quick tasty. The chocolate meltdown has a smooth chocolatey taste without being over the top. It is not a dark chocolate taste, but more of a mix between milk chocolate and chocolate milk. I tried it many ways and it is by far the best mixed with milk. Either skim or 2% worked very well for me. I also used it with almond milk when I needed fewer calories and it kept its smooth creamy taste, but it wasn't a rich. With water it fell short for me, which most protein powders do. I am just not a fan when missed with water. Over all, it is not the best tasting protein powder there. For me, that honer goes to PES Select and MTS Machine Whey. However, it is by far the worst tasting. I would compare it to Muscletech's Whey Gold, which I also find to be quite tasty. 8/10

Mixability:
I usually use a blender to blend my powder with liquid and ice, which works quite well with all powders. However, for the sake of this review, I did try a simple shaker cup a few times to see how it performed. I guess I would say that it tasted as expected. When putting the liquid in first (which should always be done by the way) and shaking the shaker vigorously for 10-30 seconds, I never had any issues with clumping, or unmixed powder. It did not foam or have any graininess to it. I found it performed quite well. I also used this powder to cook with, in protein pancakes. It was right on par with any other whey protein, so I was happy about that since my post workout meals are usually protein pancakes.

Dosing:
Suggested use is to use one scoop (35g) of powder for every 8oz of liquid. This is how I dosed it when mixing with a shaker cup as I wanted to test it out. I found that with 8oz, the flavour was quite light, but still good. I often either used a little less liquid (7oz) or a bit more powder (40g) and found the flavour to be perfect. By following the 35g serving size, there were 26 servings in the container, which is right around normal or a little less than a months worth if using it every day. I often used more than 35g or used more than 1 serving per day which meant that it lasted me much less than 26 days. While using this product, I often have 2 protein shakes per day, sometimes 3. I was also alternating with another protein powder at the same time, which I will have a review for in a bit. So during my time with Tasty Whey, I was consuming anywhere from 1-3 servings of this particular powder. In total, it lasted me 17 days.

As I have stated before in previous protein powder reviews, effectiveness of protein supplements are hard to judge. I don't look at them as muscle sparring or building miracles. I simply use them to hit my protein numbers for the day. Protein in itself is essential for muscle growth or preservations, depending on your goals. Whey protein is simply a way to ensure that you are getting an adequate amount for your specific body and goals. That being said, whey protein does have a high bioavailability, making it perfect to take in and around training, not to mention the conveniency. Having the 3 types of whey protein lend this product to be easily digested and provide the support your body need in an efficient whey. For what it is, and for what I used it for, I would say that it is just as effective as any other whey protein blend I have used. If i was solely using it around training, I would like it to have more isolate than concentrate, but seeing as I would use it at any point in my day, I really cannot complain about the fact that it is concentrate heavy. 9/10

In doing a search for Tasty Whey Deluxe, I have found that it is not widely available. In fact, I had difficulty finding it anywhere online other than direct from Adaptogen's website. It's list price there is quite high at $53.49 for 26 servings. It is not usual to pay a premium when buying direct from the manufacturer so I kept on searching. Unless my searching skills have failed me, the only other place that I could find it is from, believe or not, GNC. Here, it is priced at $34.99 for 26 servings. This may be the first time that I have found that GNC has the lowest price on a product. Never the less, it is not the cheapest protein blend on the market. Being a concentrate first formula, I would expect the price to be more around the $30 mark. Especially when I can get 23 servings of Dymatize Iso 100 for $28. 6/10

Side Effects

I haven't noticed any side effects. That being said, those who are sensitive to lactose and/or artificial sweeteners may want to read the ingredients carefully before deciding on this protein.

--Conclusion--
I think that Tasty Whey is very good tasting, well put together protein blend. it can definitely help in reaching protein numbers for the day and since it is delicious, one would not get bored or sick of it too quickly. That being said, there are more cost efficient proteins out there that are just are high in quality or even higher in some cases. If you are bored with your protein supplement and want to switch things up though, I don't think that you would be disappointed in Tasty Whey Deluxe.

Overall
Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
  December 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Focus
  • Better Mental Clarity
  • Enhanced Cognition
  • -no Jitters
  • Price
Azoth Review

Azoth Review

I have been a supplement user for a long time. I have used pretty much every type of supplement out there, and I really enjoy the different types of pre workout formulas, from the energy driven to the focussed enhanced. I will say though that this is the first strictly nootropic formula that I have tried. I have used nootropic ingredients found within different products but never as a stand alone. Needless to say, I was very excited to have the opportunity to try out Azoth. A special thanks goes to Euclides and Azoth for giving me the opportunity to try out and review this product.

Ashwagandha extract: 500mg

L-Tyrosine: 500mg
-It is linked to cognitive enhancement, mood and motivation. It can increase levels of dopamine, which is believed to control cognitive flexibility, allowing you to become more efficient in multitasking. Recommended dosage is between 500 and 1000mg, putting Azoth, right where it needs to be.

Phosphatidylserine: 500mg
-It helps maintain the fluidity and permeability of brain cells. In doing so, it boosts brain health and functions like memory and neuron repair. It has many other benefits like boosting energy, improving alertness and lifting brain fog. Recommended dosages is a minimum of 300mg, giving Azoth a pretty good dose.

Sulbutiamine: 400mg
-Its main benefit is to improve memory when taken regularly. It also increases alertness and energy levels, improves mod and reduces anxiety. Recommended dosages usually fall between 400 and 800mg. Azoth again uses the correct dosage.

Alpha-GPC: 300mg
-Its significant nootropic qualities include enhanced memory, and protection against brain aging. It may also act as a mild stimulant, providing energy enhancing properties. It is also linked to enhanced mood and metal stamina. It is recommended to start out anywhere from 300 to 600mg.

Theacrine as TeaCrine: 100mg
-Similar to caffeine, providing long lasting energy. It makes its distinction with the fact that there is not tolerance build up over time. 100mg will provide a subtle and sustained energy boost.

Hordenine HCL: 50mg

Bioperine: 10mg
-It is the trademarked name for the powerful black pepper extract piperine. It increases the bioavailability of other ingredients, which is why it is often found in many supplements. You will usually see 5 to 10mg as a dose.

Huperzine A: 100mcg

--Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Taste: N/A as they are pills.
Mixability: also N/A

Dosing: It is recommended to take 2-3 capsules with a light meal containing healthy fats. You are supposed to assess tolerance first, before moving up to the maximum dosage. There are 15 servings of 3 capsules per container. Azoth has sent me 2 containers, providing me with 30 days of maximum servings. The pills are standard size pills and easy to get down with now after taste.

Being this first nootropic product I have tried, I wasn't sure what to expect. I knew that I shouldn't expect a strong kick like with pre workouts. I used this product in the early afternoons, which is usually when I begin to feel sluggish and fading from an already long day and easily morning training session. I teach primary school and by the middle of the day, I can sometimes find myself drained. When my prep and planning block begins, I usually just take the time to wind down and gather myself for the next part of my day. I can say that immediately, following my serving of Azoth, that feeling was non existent. I wouldn't say that I had a crazy amount of energy or even focus for that matter. What I did have was the ability to continue on with day without feeling run down, tired or drained. I was able to get all of my planning and marking done non stop throughout the 50 minute block. What I really liked is that this feeling was present every time I took Azoth, from start to finish of the bottle.

Another thing that was really impressive is that it provide me with this energy without any jitters or unwanted side effects. I never once felt "cracked out" or "on something". I simply had what I can describe as a clean and natural energy. It is probably from the Theacrine. Also with that comes the fact that my body did not come to tolerate this product. I was able to feel the same effects throughout my usage.

I did not use this product as a pre workout and I don't believe that that would be a goal of this product. I don't think that I would have provided me enough energy or focus to hit a tough training session. I usually like a lot of stimulants to help get me going and that is not the purpose of this product. I think that anyone who uses this product as a pre workout may be disappointed in it. But as focus and brain boosting supplement, Azoth is very impressive.

--Value----
-At the time of writing this review, a container of 15 servings can be had at Amazon for $29.99. That would bring the total for a month up to the $60 mark. If using it everyday, which you would need to do to ensure the effectiveness of some of the ingredients, it is quite pricey. However, if you are in the middle of exam seasons or have a heavy workload coming up, it may be well worth the price tag. For general usage, it may be quite pricey. It depends on your specific needs. Value=7/10 for me personally.

Side Effects

I have not experienced any side effects while taking this product.

--Conclusion----
I think that this is a very good nootropic product. I cannot say how it compares to other stand alone nootropics, but I can say that it does live up to its claims and I am very impressed with it. I think that anyone who tries it will feel the same also.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  November 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Mixes Well
  • I Use It Daily
  • Open Label
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Light On Taste
Nutrabio whey isolate

Nutrabio whey isolate

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I have been training for most of my life, as regularly for the past 4 years. I have made it a habit to consume a protein shake after every training session. The result of this is the fact that I have used MANY different protein powder supplements over the years. I have used anything from simple whey concentrate, to isolates, to blends and caseins. I have found what I enjoy over the years, and often times it is not the most expensive option. That being said, depending on the time of year and where I am at in my training, I sometimes prefer higher calorie or carb powders over lower calorie ones. This also helps the wallet a little as these are usually less expensive. When using the 100% whey protein isolate from Nutrabio, I was nearing the end of a reverse diet cycle, which means that I was consuming a higher amount of calories than usual. This product fit in niceness and allowed me to vary my carb sources more as there were virtually none present in a serving.

Here is my review.

----Ingredient Profile--
Nutrabio, as per usual, went all out with clarity and open label. Everything is included in detail and nothing is left to the imagination. Not only is the protein sources listed, but it is listed in its entire amount and the total yield of the protein. There is no guessing at where the 25g of protein comes from. Following their quality guidelines, they even include how the protein is extracted, which of course is of the highest standards. Everything, right down to the amounts of flavouring and thickeners are listed. You can be sure that there are no unnecessary fillers here.

As for the macronutrients, they are nothing less than stellar. Being an isolate with very little fillers, the protein content per scoop is pretty high, at 25g. That is followed by a pretty low carb total of 2g. There is no fat listed on the label since there is no fat present per serving.

For 110 calories and 25g of protein, this is a great option, especially for those in a caloric restriction.

Serving Size: 1 scoop/4.75tbsp (30.53grams)
Servings per container: 29.7
Magnesium 22mg
Sodium 102mg
Potassium 158mg

Whey Protein Isolate (non-denatured) 28.74g
-(28.74 grams WPI90 yielding 25 grams of complete protein)(CFM cross flow micro and ultra filtered. Cold pressed. Instantized with sunflower lecithin)

Other Ingredients: Flavouring (natural flavour 750mg, natural cocoa 500mg, xanthin gum 350mg, salt 110mg, sucralose 80mg).

Taste: I'll start off by saying that cookies and cream is not my go to flavour of choice. I usually find them lacking in taste. This one from Nutrabio is decent. It did not have any weird taste like some I have tried. It is not heavy on the flavour however. This is probably due to the fact that there is very little extras added, which to me, is only a good thing. You may need to work at finding the perfect ratio of liquid to powder. I found that less liquid than usually was needed in order for the cookies and cream flavour to be tasted. Once I figured that part out, there was not much to complain about. It was definitely not difficult to get down. 7/10

Mixability: This worked as your typical protein powder. It is not like a pre workout where you shake a few times and you're good to go. You need to shake it for a good 20-30 seconds. I never really found this an issue as I blend all of my shakes with ice. But I did want to try it out for the sake of this review.

Dosing: 30.53g is the serving size, providing 29.7 servings per container. Those are pretty specific numbers and I give kudos to Nutrabio for being so detailed and diligent. However, I did not worry about the .grams. I always use a scale to measure out my protein and aimed for 30g per servings. I can say that it did give me about 29-31 servings.

Effectiveness is always a little tricky to review in a protein supplement. People will use protein powders for various reasons. Some may use it just to reach their protein numbers for the day instead of whole foods or when whole foods are not available or convenient. In this case, I would say that it is quite effective as it definitely does help in reaching that goal. Others may use it in baking in order to boost the protein value of certain baked goods. In this area, I found that it reacted like any other whey protein. Some people may be looking to gain weight and like to have a liquid supplement in order to reach their goals. This could help by not keeping to full so that they can add in other calories later. In this regards, it works quite well as it is fast digesting and leaves room for other calories. I'd say that most people who use this whey isolate are probably using it around training, which is how I used it. Whether or not you believe in the anabolic window, it is still nice to make sure that you get in your protein and carbs to fuel your workout and to replenish afterwards. This protein is absolutely perfect for that as it is of the highest quality, is quick digesting, and has the highest biological value. These are all important for muscle protein synthesis. Will you see extraordinary gains beyond what you would if you used another protein or whole foods, probably not. But you can be rest assured that you are not selling yourself short by using this product.

In doing what it claims to do, with realistic expectations, I would rate the effectiveness as a 10/10

--Value----
At the time of writing this review, every web site I consulted had it listed at $39.99 for a 2 pound tub. This works out to $1.34 per serving. It is definitely not the most economical protein out there, that is for sure. In order to determine the value, you would have to assess the importance you weigh on the highest quality of ingredients and the openness of the brand vs the actual benefits you will see from taking it over others. For my personal beliefs, I would rate the value at a 7/10. I like the quality and trust the company, but more often than not, my wallet would have me looking at cheaper alternatives.

----Side Effects--
None to speak of for me, although those with lactose intolerance may have some issues.

--Conclusion--

There is no denying that Nutrabio makes great quality products. I personally trust the brand and believe that they are doing good for the supplement industry. In terms of protein powders, you will not find a higher quality product than this. The taste is ok if used in a decent ratio to liquid. It is quite pricey but that price may be something you would want to pay for such a product.