gervs11

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online this week
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by gervs11

Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  May 4, 2018

• Reducnes Muscle Soreness
  • Taste Good
  • Muscle Fullness

Grunt is Redcon1's entry into the EAA market. They claim that the EAAs are better than BCAAs alone promoting protein synthesis, helping with muscle soreness and recovery.

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    I train 5-6 days a week and am always looking for a edge to keep me going. Getting up there in age, with a demanding job and young children, any extra help and recovery I can get, I'll take. I have used BCAA products for years, even though I know they may not be doing much for me. I use them nonetheless, if only for their taste or placebo effect. I figured that I would try this one out, seeing as it has the added benefits of the EAAs as well.

The ingredient label is an open one and fairly straight forward. in each 9.5g scoop, you will find the following:L-Leucine: 3g
    L-Valine: 1.5g
    L-Isoleucine: 1.5g
    -BCAAs (Branch chain amino acids) at a 2:1:1 ratio. This 6g dose is a pretty good size. These are the primary stimulator of muscle growth but will work in conjunction with the remaining EAAs found in the product.

L-Lysine: 300mg
    L-Threonine: 250mg
    L-Phenylalanine: 250mg
    L-Tryptophan: 50mg
    L-Histidine: 25mg
    L-Methionine: 25mg
    -These are the EAAs (essential amino acids) that are found in this product. These work with the BCAAs to help build the muscles. Having a complete EAA formula is said to promote a stronger anabolic response post workout than BCAAs alone. The are said to help the fact that BCAA research is said to be ineffective and to possible breakdown protein. have the added EAAs could potentially counteract that effect. Redcon1 says that this will "support muscle recovery", "promote recover", and "reduce muscle soreness".

Taste: The pineapple, banana flavour is pretty tasty. I'd say that it's leaning more on the banana side of things. There was no chemical or weird taste to it. It was actually pretty good and I enjoyed drinking it.

Mixability: No issues here. It mixed right up, with barely anything left over. I will say though, that I do normally shake a little before drinking as a habit.

Dosing: I didn't find any issues with dosing. I weight out everything, so that was not an issue for me. I did find that when following the dose size, there were the 30 full servings in the tub. Also, when following the liquid to scoop recommendations, the tasty was perfect. I didn't need more or less liquid to enjoy the flavour.

I find that the effectiveness is difficult to rate in amino acids. It is not a direct effect like energy, pump or endurance. This is also my first time take EAAs so I was not sure what to expect. Having said that, I was in the middle of a little cutting cycle while taking these. My calories were not reduced to drastic levels, but there were still not in the muscle building range. I found that during my cut, I did not loose any strength in my main lifts. I do not know if that is directly related to this product but in the past, my strength would decrease during this part of my cut. Also, I noticed that while getting leaner, I did not lose very much muscle mass. Again, whether or not that is due to the product, I cannot say, but I would like to think that it was. Finally I noticed that while training, I was able to keep a pretty decent muscle pump. This is unusual for me, as I often find it difficult to keep a muscle pump, even while on higher calories. Since this is the only thing that I changed in me diet, I would say that it is most likely due to this product. Muscle soreness was still on par for me between these and other BCAAs that I usually use, as I did not notice any changes in this department.

Although it is difficult to say whether or not the change that I noticed where related to Grunt, it is the only change that I made in my diet during this period. Therefore, going by my result, I would say that it was pretty effective for me and I am looking forward to continue to use EAAs in my training in the future. 8/10

At the time of writing this review, I could find Grunt for $32.49 at a couple of places, like Muscle and Strength and A1 Supplements. For 30 servings, this is a pretty high price if we were talking simply BCAAs. Having the added EAAs drives the price up bit and I wouldn't mind paying that price to continue trying this product in my routine. 7/10

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this product.

--Conclusion----
    I think if you are one that likes to use BCAAs in your training, you should give the EAAs at try to see if there is any difference. Redcon1 makes a quality product with an open label. They are a quality company that likes to stay on top of things in the industry and their Grunt product does just that while tasting great. Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

9.2
    Thanks to ProSupps for sending it out!
      April 22, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Focus
    • Possible Jitters

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    If you have read any of my previews reviews, you know that I like to experiment with different pre workout products. I am not committed to any 1 brand or product. I like to try different things and I am always on the hunt for a good workout experience. That said, I have tried and use many different types of pre workouts, including the original version of Hyde. I really liked that one and I find that I get a pretty similar experience with this version.

This is an open label, which is great to see, a...

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

This is an open label, which is great to see, and almost necessary these days.
    Niacin: 25mg
    -Commonly known as Vitamin B3. It helps the body to convert carbohydrates into glucose to produce energy. It also helps the nervous system to function properly. It is often used to help increase vascularity.

Strength Matrix: 4.5g
    Beta Alanine (CarnoSyn): 2.5g
    -Beta alanine is a lactic acid buffer that provides support to muscles for exercises lasting longer than 60 seconds. Thus, it helps to increase endurance and muscle stamina. It works well in conjunctions with creatine ands should be used daily to see the full benefit.

Creatine Nitrate: 1g
    -Dissolves in water up to 10 times more effectively than creatine monohydrate. It is said that this form is less likely to give stomach issues to those affected by that issue.

Arginine Silicate(Nitrosigine): 500mg
    -Nitrosigine is able to bond bioavailable form of arginine and silicon to create an effective nitric oxide boost in the muscles. It makes this an effective pump booster. It increases vasodilation and cardiovascular health.

L-Citrulline-Aspartate: 500mg
    -Citrulline t is promoted as a fatigue fighter, providing the user with extra reps, or sets before the muscle tires out. Citrulline also promotes muscle fullness through blood flow.

Caffeine Matrix: 420mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous:300mg

Di-Caffeine Malate: 70mg
    -It is a combination of caffeine and magic acid fused together using an ionic bond. The magic acid buffers salts in caffeine to make digestion easier and minimizes the post caffeine crash.

Caffeine Citric Acid Blend: 50mg
    -Citric Acid, Caffeine Anhydrous

Intensity Matrix: 653mg
    Choline Bitartate: 500mg
    -It is used to increase neural concentration, helping with focus during training. It provides the nervous system with more acetylcholine, giving you that mind-muscle connection and stronger contractions. It enhances cognitive function, boosts memory and mental focus.

Theanine: 50mg
    -It is known to improve the quality of one's sleep. It works to quiet the mind and slow down racing thoughts. It reduces edgy or glittery effects from caffeine.

N-Acetyl Tyrosine: 50mg
    -t is linked to cognitive enhancement, mood and motivation. It can increase levels of dopamine, which is believed to control cognitive flexibility, allowing you to become more efficient in multitasking.

Theacrine as TeaCrine: 25mg
    -Similar to caffeine, providing long lasting energy. It makes its distinction with the fact that there is not tolerance build up over time.

GABA(y-AminoButyric Acid)
    -This neurotransmitter dampens nerve activity. People with insomnia often have reduced levels of GABA.

Yohimbe Bark Extract: 3mg
    -yohimbe's epinephrine & adrenaline support could help to add intensity to physical strength & performance, enabling extra reps during training. It is another stimulant, which some people have difficulty taking. It will increase hear rate as well, so one should exercise caution and start with a small dose.

Taste: I received 2 15 serving containers to try. One being Blue Razz Popsicle and the other What-O-Melon. The blue razz is pretty on point in this one. I found it to be quite enjoyable with little to no chemical tastes. I am not a fan of watermelon period, therefore it would not be valid for me to give my opinion on this flavor, however, I suspect it to be on par with other watermelon flavour. 8/10 (Blue Razz only)

Mixability: I didn't have any issues with this. It is a smaller serving size that a lot of performance based products out there, at 7.4grams. Therefore, it didnt require much liquid at all. 8 oz is the suggested liquid amount and I found that to be pretty good.

Dosing: Being very high on the stimulant end, you want to be accurate with the dosing. I would recommend measuring each serving as the scoop usually yielded significantly more than 7.4 grams. Sometimes in the 8-8 gram range.

It says right on the container "Intense Energy Pre Workout" and I think that that would be a fair description of Mr Hyde Nitro X. I found that It would get me up and going, and into the zone pretty quickly after taking it. I never really felt an overwhelming sense of energy, but a strong and quick build up that let to the perfect amount of energy. There were never any jitters or feeling of wanting to run through a wall. Instead, it provided a intense energy and mental focus that helped power through even longer workout sessions. I often found that afterward, throughout the day, I had more energy than usual. Often times, after taking a higher stim product, I find myself crashing or very tired and sluggish throughout the day. Mr Hyde Nitro X gave me the opposite of that feeling. I found that I would be refreshed throughout the day. Combining that with the intense, but not over the top, energy and mental focus, I really enjoyed this product. Mr Hyde (and Nitro X version) still remains one of my favourite pre workouts of all time. Everyone has that one product that seems to work for them and this is the one for me. 9.2/10

At the time of writing this review, it could be had for $29.99 which is a pretty good price for 30 servings. I would have no issue paying that price for this product. 8.1/10

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects, but others may want to consider the high caffeine content as well as the yohimbe.

--Conclusion----
    I beleive that Hyde Nitro X is a very effective product for what it is. It always provides me with the energy and focus that I need and will continue to be a staple in my line up. Everyone seems to have that 1 product that stands out above others that becomes their go to. For energy and focus, this is mine. Overall 8.6/10

Overall
    (SR paid for product; PES did not participate)
      April 1, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Good

I have used different thermogenics before. Everything from the original alphamine to ephedrine (legal here in Canada). At the time of using this version of alphamine, I was just starting a transition to a cut and was really not happy about the lower calorie intake. I was hoping that, like its predecessor, this would give me that edge in the hunger and heat department.

Most of the ingredients are wrapped up in a 1590mg blend appropriately called Alphamine Proprietary Blend.
      -L-Leucine: Helps preserve lean tissue while in a calorie defici...

-L-Leucine: Helps preserve lean tissue while in a calorie deficit.

-L-Carnitine-L-Tartate: It is said that it mobilizes fat stores to the mitochondria, which is necessary for fat burning.

-Choline Bitartate: It is used to increase neural concentration, helping with focus during training. It provides the nervous system with more acetylcholine, giving you that mind-muscle connection and stronger contractions. It enhances cognitive function, boosts memory and mental focus.

-L-Theanine: It is known to improve the quality of one's sleep. It works to quiet the mind and slow down racing thoughts. It reduces edgy or glittery effects from caffeine.

-Ferula Asafoetida(seed) Extract (95% Ferulic Acid):
      Ferulic acid is said to lower visceral body fat through modulation of enzymes and hormones. It also has antioxidant properties.

The final ingredient, which is on its own(something well appreciated) is caffeine anhydrous at 125mg.

Taste: Thr flavour I received was Cotton Candy. It was pretty good. If mixed with little water, the flavour was decently apparent. I did find that if mixed on the higher end of the suggestion(8oz), the flavour was pretty weak, even at two scoops. I generally ended up using around 5oz for 2 scoops. Other than that, I did not notice any chemical or spicy taste like I have in the past with other similar products.

Mixability: At 2 scoops for 5oz of water I found that shaking between drinks was necessary to avoid leftovers at the bottom of the cup. At 8oz there was no problems, but then the taste became diluted.

Dosing: This is the fun part about Alphamine. The directions say to start with 1 scoop, but to take no more that 3 scoops throughout the day. This make Alphamine a pretty flexible and customizable thermogenic. I found that for me 2 scoops was the sweet spot. It provided enough energy to keep my going, while showing its thermogenic properties. Anything less than 2 scoops did not do much for me. Seeing as there are 84 servings in a container, that would provide 42 days at two servings. I am pretty happy with that.

PEScience promotes Alphamine as an Energy Powder. It claims to provide thermogenic properties, energy and elevated mood. I will touch on each of these aspects separately.

Thermogenics: I found that this category was probably the most effective for me. At the two scoop mark(which is where I stayed most of the time) I found that I sweat quite a bit. I do not normally sweat throughout the day, regardless of the amount of caffeine that I comsume, so I found the pretty interesting. Even if taking in the morning, I would find myself sweating continuously throughout the day. It was not someone very apparent, like having wipe my brow or anything like that. I did however need to plan the type of shirt I would wear in order to avoid the embarrassing pit stains. So as far as a thermogenic, I'd say it did its work. I will also note that I did try 3 scoops a few times so that I could comment on it. I found the effects to be the same at 3 scoops. I did not notice any more, or less effect in this area at 3 scoops.

Energy: The energy comes straights from caffeine, at 125mg per scoop. At one scoop, I don't think that I would notice very much. For me, that is too low for even a slight pick-me-up. At two scoops, and 250mg, I could start to feel it. This is right around a perfect dose for me, late in the day when energy starts to leave my body. It is like the equivalent of a strong cup (or 2) or coffee for me. It was enough to get me back into a state of normalcy when I would usually be hitting a wall. I tend to get pretty sleepy by 2-3pm. This helped keep me from that feeling as one would expect. At three scoops, 375mg is quite a lot. For me, it is enough to get me feeling jittery, especially if I am not moving very much. I wouldn't continue to take this at three scoops as the positive effects were not any more heightened than at 2 scoops.

Mood: This is the part that I remember well from the original alphamine. I remember feeling very happy, almost euphoric. I did not get that with this one. I also did not get much hunger suppressing feeling, which could account for the mood. I know that it is not claimed in the tub but I bring it up because I remember having that feeling with the original. Hanging said that, not being sleepy, and being more alert could in fact lead to better mood.

Overall, I would say that it was effective, especially with the right dose, and that is the beauty of this product. It was not the most powerful thermogenic or the most energizing, but the fact that it could be customized, I'd say that the effectiveness would be around 8/10 for me.

At the time of writing this review, i found it for as low as $29.98 at Amazon. Being an 84 serving product, it rate it at a pretty high value in comparison with others. 9/10

Side Effects

Other than the expected jitters at higher dosages from the caffeine, I did not experience any side effects.

Conclusion

I believe that although I found it less potent than the original, Alphamine still hit the spot for me. It is not overly complex, but contained the ingredients necessary to meet its claimes to a certain degree. I was definitely not disappointed with this.

Overall
      Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
        March 21, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Great Macros
      • Pricey
      • Slightly Higher End Price Tag
      --Introduction----
      (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I have been training for a while and usually like to have a protein shake right after my training sessions. I do not have time to make a breakfast and protein powders fit my lifestyle very well. I have tried many different kinds and forms throughout the years, and typically find myself coming back to the same staples. The usually involve whey protein blends with concentrates and isolates here and there depending on my goal changes. At the moment I am on slightly lower calories, so this isolate fit right in with my goals.

---...
      --Introduction----
      (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

First of all, you gotta love the quality of this protein. It is a non-GMO cold processed Isolate with added enzymes. VMI uses an open label, which is nice to see, and you could clearly see the breakdown of the added ingredients. The only thing missing would be the breakdown of the added ingredients like flavourings and sweeteners. To be fair thought, not many powders have this.
      Being an isolate, the macronutrient breakdown is very good, as expected. There are very little fillers added once you consider the weight of the added enzymes. The breakdown is as follows.

For 100 calories, and 25 grams of protein in each 29.6g scoop, this is even more protein per weight than Nutrabio's Isolate.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (29.6 grams)
      Servings per container: 25

Vitamin C 0%
      Calcium 175mg 17.5%
      Iron 0%
      Phosphorus 6%

Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend

Taste: I was given the Strawberry flavour to try out. This would not be my flavour of choice. I tend to stick with the chocolates and peanut butter flavours. That being said, I actually really enjoyed the taste and texture of this protein. It was light and fluffy and perfect to blend into smoothies with almond milk. I don't have much experience with fruit flavoured protein powders but this was the best one I have tried yet. 8/10

Mixability: I had no issues here. Like most powders, it required vigorous shaking to get going but stayed consistent throughout with little to no graininess left behind.

Dosing: Dosing was excellent. For less than 30g of powder, you get 25g of protein. That is tough to beat. There are 25 servings in each container and that is pretty typical. like always though, I make sure to weigh out each scoop in order to stay consistent.

Effectiveness is tricky when dealing with protein powders. We all know that they are not necessary in order to achieve the results we are after. They do however, help us fill the gaps in our nutrition. Depending on your goals (cut or bulk), you need a certain amount of protein each day. Sometimes it is more convenient to use a powder to fill those needs. Other times, your calories do not let you have other forms of proteins. In that regards, this product worked as intended. It is especially suited for those with restricted calories as there are hardly and carbs or fats.

With realistic expectations, I'd say that this is a very good product. It does what it should do if you expect it to help fill in the gaps in your diet. 9/10

At the time of writing this review, it could be found in a couple of places like Tiger Fitness for $39.99. This is the same price ad Nutrabio's competitor. Its not the most economical as it works out to $1.59 her serving, bringing the total to higher than that of Nutrabio's per serving. Even thought it is a great product with a great taste, It is a little too pricey for me and I would usually choose a cheaper option. 7/10

Side Effects

No side effects.

--Conclusion----

VMI has a great tasting, very high quality protein here. It is great for those on low budget calories and to fill your daily needs. I do recommend it, thought if you can afford it.

Overall
      Thanks to Performax Labs for sending it out!
        March 20, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Focus
      • Great Pump
      • Increased Vascularity
      • Solid Profile
      • Easily Winded

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I have used many different types of pre workout products of the years. I have lately found myself leaning toward performance based products, but still with a kick as I like to train early in the morning. I am not opposed to using stim bombs to try them out, but regularly use proven ingredients to help boost performance in the gym.

16 grams per scoop in a fully disclosed label. Excellent!
      Extreme Pump and Performance:

L-Citrulline: 6000mg
      -used for its performance benefits. It first converts to ar...

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

16 grams per scoop in a fully disclosed label. Excellent!
      Extreme Pump and Performance:

L-Citrulline: 6000mg
      -used for its performance benefits. It first converts to arginine, and then to nitric oxide for vasodilation. It increases blood flow to the muscles and helps prevent fatigue. This is an excellent dose at 6g.

Beta Alanine: 3000mg
      -Often used in conjunction with creatine to help build up tolerance and stamina in the muscles. It is associated with the tingles (parasthesia) that comes along with higher dosages. 3g is a good dose.

Agmatine Sulfate: 1000mg
      -inhibits nitric oxide synthase for improved muscle pumps. Promotes better intra
      workout energy and is also strongly linked in aiding mental clarity.

L-Ornithine L-Aspartate: 1000mg
      -This amino acid helps remove fatigue-promoting metabolites in muscles.

Extreme Focus and Mood:
      B-phenylethylamine HCL: 400mg
      -Works similar to amphetamines, but much safer. It releases dopamine and norepinephrine, which helps to increase cognition, brain activity, libido, well being, attention and situational awareness.

Eria Jarensis Extract: 200mg
      -Has therapeutic mood boosting effects by increasing dopamine and noradrenalin levels. Often associated with that euphoric feeling. Therefore, it will increase the quality of training.

Hordeum Vulgare (std. to hordenine): 50mg

Extreme Energy Blend:
      L-Tyrosine: 1000mg
      -It is linked to cognitive enhancement, mood and motivation. It can increase levels of dopamine, which is believed to control cognitive flexibility, allowing you to become more efficient in multitasking. Recommended dosage is between 500 and 1000mg.

Caffeine Anhydrous:325mg
      -Pure powdered form of caffeine. Linked to many benefits like increased fat loss, muscle endurance, muscle strength and power and faster recovery. 325mg is a pretty good dose. Beginners may want to halve the dose to start and assess tolerance.

Citrus Aurantium Extract: 50mg
      -Also goes by the name of bitter orange and synephrine. It is often used in weight lose product because it increases thermogenesis and is used as a replacement to the banned ephedrine. It is a stimulant and will increase heart rate so one should be careful when taking it with caffeine.

Rauwolfia Vomitoria Extract (std. min. 90%): 3mg
      -Also known as alpha-yohimbe. It is often used as a powerful pre workout fat burner. It is better tolerated than yohimbe and boosts energy metabolism and promotes adrenaline related hormones.

Absorption Enhancement:
      Black Pepper Extract (std. min.95% Piperine): 5mg
      -The powerful black pepper extract piperine increases the bioavailability of other ingredients, which is why it is often found in many supplements. You will usually see 5 to 10mg as a dose.

Taste: The product I tried was the Strawberry Kiwi flavour. It tasted pretty fruity and I never had any real chemical taste. It was pretty enjoyable to sip on its own though I cant say that I would taste the kiwi very much. It was more of a fruit punch type flavour for me. 8/10

Mixability: As expected, this mixed pretty good. A couple of shakes worked fine. I ofter give a little shake before each drink as a habit so I never really noticed any graininess or settling at the bottom.

Dosing: Each scoop is said to contain 16g with a total of 25 servings per container. The serving amount I found to be pretty accurate. Each dose however needed to be weighed. If selling the scoop, a serving size could easily reach the 20g mark, shooting the stim content way up. Now, there is a line on the outside of the scoop that may be for measuring purposes but I kind of found that useless as the line is not present inside the scoop. This was not really a problem for me as I weigh everything anyway, but on those days where I payed less attention, I found myself trying to fish out some powder from my shaker cup before it got wet. I know that some companies put that line on the scoop for us to use, but I would really rather the scoop be the correct size in the first place.

Pump and performance: In this category, products do not get much better than this. With 6g of pure cittruline and 1g of agmatine, I really felt the pump with this one. This was new to me, as I have always in the past, struggle to find a product that actually made a different in this category. This section was a winner for me. Over time, the added 3g of beta alanine would do its work also. I always supplement with extra BA anyway, so I did not get any extra benefit from it, but it was very nice not to have to add in any extra.

Focus and Mood: In this category, I'll start with what I felt the least. As far as mood, I cant say that I really felt anything here. I mean, I was not in a bad mood while taking this, but I never usually am anyway. When speaking of focus, this really hit the mark. After about 20 minutes of taking this product, I would be in the gym stretching and warming up and could really feel myself zone in. Almost like focussed on a target. I wouldn't say that it was tunnel vision, but pretty close. I couldn't complain at this at all.

Energy: This is where this product really shines. it has enough stimulants in it for me and combined, they all give a pretty hard but smooth kick of energy. I never experienced any jitters with this, just extreme energy that could keep me going for hour long sessions. It was one of the best energy I have had from a pro workout product. The only negative that I could say is that when completing super sets or higher rep sets, I often found myself winded a lot faster than usual. My heart was not any more elevated than usual, but I was gassed quicker. Not sure why that is. 9/10

At the time of writing this review, Performax lists Hypermax at $44.99 on its own site. suppz.com has it for $39.99 . I think that this is a very fair price for this type of product. Given how effective I found it to be, I would have no problem paying either of those prices monthly for this experience. 9/10

Side Effects

The only side effect I experienced was the quick windedness that I mentioned earlier.

--Conclusion----
      Overall, this is one of the best pre workout products that I have used in a long time. For me, it helps out in all of the necessary areas and gave me the results that I was looking for. For that, I could easily overlook the pain in the rear that was the scoop. Overall 9/10

Overall
      Thanks to Prime Nutrition for sending it out!
        February 6, 2018

• Good Ingredients
      • Low Dosages Of Greens
      • Mostly Fruit
      • Good Flavour But Not Peach Mango

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I'd like to thank alexosherow and Prime Nutrition for the opportunity to try and review Phytoform, their entry in the greens/fruit category. Although I eat pretty healthily and sensibly, I don't normally use greens supplements simply do to the fact that I would rather eat my food. I actually like raw vegetables, and try to include some at every meal. That being said, I have tried some in the past as was interested to try Phytoform because you can't really get enough greens.

Fact panel says:
      per 1 sc...

Fact panel says:
      per 1 scoop: 13grams
      Calories: 20
      Total Carbohydrates: 7g
      Dietary Fiber: 2g
      Sugars: 5g
      Green Blend: 11.25g wrapped up in a propriety blend. I wish it weren't.
      Here are the ingredients in the blend:
      Blueberry Fruit Powder, Black Raspberry Powder, Mulberry Leaf Powder, pineapple Powder, Bilberry Leaf Powder, Papaya Juice Powder, Camu Camu, Luo Han Gul (monk fruit), Broccoli powder, Carrot Powder, Purple Sweet Potato Powder, Kelp, Fructooligosaccharides, chlorella, papain, Bromelain, Pyrroloquinoline quinone, Acai Juice Powder.

After looking over the ingredients, it is easy to say why Prime labels this product as Fruits 7 and Greens Formula, with Fruit coming first. The first 7 ingredients are fruit. It is clearly more fruit based than greens. In fact there are more sugars than fiber, at 5g and 2g respectfully. If you are relying on greens to help fill a gap in your nutrition, this may help but I wouldn't use it as a stand alone greens product. Furthermore, when choosing a greens, I usually look for spirulina and/or chlorella to be near the top of the list in ingredients. Spirulina doesn't make and appearance here and chlorella is the 13th ingredient.
      Another thing to consider is the fact that on the tub, Prime claims that Phytoform is sweetened with Monk fruit, which it is, but under the name of the flavour it says naturally and artificially sweetened in fine print. So at first glance, one may be led to believe that it is a natural product, when in fact it isn't entirely so. They also use fructooligosacharides to sweeten the mix. I'm not sure if this is an issue with anyone, and it isn't for me since I am all about artificial sweeteners, but it is still something to consider.

Taste: The taste of this (Peach Mango) is pretty good. It has an earthy, yet tart flavour to it. it is almost like a sour cherry flavour. That being said, I didn't find that it tasted like peach or mango at all. However, in terms of a greens supplement, it was rather pleasant. I attribute that to the fact that there are more fruit juices than greens in here. 8/10

Mixability: I didn't really have much issue with this. It did leave some graininess behind, especially when not shaking in between drinks. I usually shake it up in between so there was only minor leftovers at the end.

Dosing: The label says 30, 13g servings. I found out early that I needed to be careful with this one because the scoop delivered significantly more than the serving size. I am talking like 4-5grams more. For someone who weighs and measures everything, that bothered me. Needless to say, I measured every time.

I find it difficult to rate the effectiveness of a fruit and greens supplements. I can't says either way if I noticed any detoxification or improved energy like the label claim. For me, these types of products are useful/effective if they meet my needs. My needs when using it was simply to fill in the gaps in my nutrition. I was looking to add greens and fiber. I could do without the fruit to be honest, but also did not mind that it was there. With that being said, by taking this product, I gained 2 grams of fiber along with 20 calories. Those are the highlights I was looking at. 2g is pretty good and seeing as the calories were kept low enough for the 2g, I think that that was a pretty good exchange. Where combined with the good taste, it was often quite a treat.
      So, for what it is, I give it a 7/10. I would rate it higher if the greens were more prevalent, exchanging some of the sugars for more fiber.

At the time of writing this review, it can be had for as low as $25.99. I think that it is pretty fairly priced when comparing others in this category. I found it to be around the average. I wouldn't mind paying this price for a quality greens, but would also choose one with more greens that fruit at a similar price. 7/10

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects with this one.

--Conclusion----
      I believe that this is a solid product for anyone looking to get added vitamins and antioxidants. If someone were looking for a straight greens product, I would suggest to look elsewhere. But If fruits and veggies are on the menu is any order, then you wont really go wrong with this and it won't break the bank either.
      Overall 7/10

Overall
      Thanks to Prime Nutrition for sending it out!
        February 6, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Some Calming
      • Good Ingredients
      • Did Not Give User(s) Rem Sleep
      • Low Servings And Higher Cost At Full Dose
      ---Introduction----
      (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I have used many different sleep support products in the past. I rank them as the most important for me, right up there with pre workouts. With two young children at home, getting to sleep and staying there can be difficult, so I rely on these products to help me throughout the sleep process so that I can wake refreshed and ready to hit a training session before any one else weeks up.

---Introduction----
      (About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

The ingredients are wrapped up in a 6.49g blend. I'm not much of a fan or proprietary blends, but if they are effective, especially in sleep support, I can kind of look the other way. But they have to be more effective than their open label competition for me to justify paying a similar price.

GABA(y-AminoButyric Acid):?
      -This neurotransmitter dampens nerve activity. People with insomnia often have reduced levels of GABA, therefore the most GABA that is present, the less likely one would have insomnia. Always good to include in this type of product.

L-Taurine:?
      -Can help increase focus, increase muscular strength, increase muscle endurance, optimize cellular hydration and reduce muscle breakdown. Based on this, one would assume that it has been added here for muscle growth support and not sleep support, or the GH part of Sleep/GH.

L-Tyrosine: ?
      -It is linked to cognitive enhancement, mood and motivation. It can increase levels of dopamine, which is believed to control cognitive flexibility, allowing you to become more efficient in multitasking. Since it has the ability to decrease stress levels, it would in turn have an impact on sleep as one would be in a more relaxed state, helping to fall asleep faster.

Mucuna pruriens (seed)(std.to 15% L-Dopa):?
      It contains many precursors to neurotransmitters like L-Dopa. It has an ability to relax and tighten mood. This makes it ideal to help fall asleep. Since it elevates dopamine levels, it it said to have an effect on libido, as well as on Growth Hormone.

Valerian root extract:?
      -It is used for sleep disorders, especially insomnia. It can be used to cause drowsiness. It is also used to treat anxiety and depression.

Pikatropin:?
      -It is used as a brain booster, to support clarity of mind. It can help with struggling memory loss and anxiety. It can be used for concentration, and to ease anxiety.

Taste:
      The taste of Sleep/GH (Fruit Punch) is pretty good. It has that typical sleep support chemical taste that most do, but it is not too pronounced. It is balanced nicely with a decent fruit flavour. It is not the best I have had, but also far from the worst. 7/10

Mixability: I did not experience any issues mixing this product. When using the recommended 8-12oz of water, it seemed to mix fine. There was no foaming, frothing, or graininess left over. A couple of shakes is all it took.

Dosing: Seeing as the recommended serving size is 6.49g, with a max dose of 2 scoop in 24 hours, you may want to use a scale for this one. I found that the scoop provided always gave about 1g off of the mark, but I did and do always weigh everything. By following this I found that there are indeed, give or take 30 servings, as some servings I used slightly more than 6.49g, simply by testing the dose. I did find one scoop to be pretty weak, and pretty quickly started using the full 2 scoops at once. This was better than one scoop, but also decreased the numbers of servings by half, to 15. That was disappointing.

As far as effectiveness, I found one scoop to not do much for me. I would not recommend this if 1 scoop was the max. Having said that, at 2 scoops, the effects begin to be noticeable. I will say right away, that I did not notice any effect, or benefit on terms of muscle growth and GH. This simply did not help me one bit in this area. There are a few ingredients said to help out in this area, but I did not notice any benefits.

In terms of sleep, at a full 2 scoops, I did notice some slight effects. I noticed some calming of mind when taken before bed. It was nothing crazy and nothing that mad me want/need to find a pillow, but just a slight sense of calmness. There was no fading effect, no knockout effect, no sense of keeping asleep or getting me back to sleep faster if I woke. These are all things that I look for in a sleep product. Further, if my mind was not already in a calm state, like while reading or simply relaxing in by the TV, I did not really feel the calming effect. If I was cleaning or focused on homework for example, the product did nothing to get me ready for sleep, and that was disappointing as I am usually doing things like this all evening before bed.

The last part that I will comment on is the recovery upon waking. I did not notice any added benefit to my recovery or freshness after sleeping. Having said that, there was also no grogginess that is often associated to sleep products.

Overall, in terms of effectiveness, I will give is a 5/10 as it did sometimes calm my mind for sleep, but did nothing otherwise in terms of GH.

At the time of writing this review, it can be had for $26.95 at certain online stores. That seems to be a pretty good price for a 30 serving tub of sleep support. However, it is important to remember that if using the full 2 scoops, that brings it down to 15 servings and doubles the cost per serving. That brings the per serving almost up to double that of similar products like Redcon's Fadeout, which is completely open and much more effective.
      Total value 6/10

Side Effects

I experience no noticeable side effects.

--Conclusion----

I think that Prime Nutrition had taken some steps in the right direction with Sleep/Gh, but for me, there are too many things lacking. I think that there needs to be more emphasis placed on the sleep portion, in terms of either higher dosages or added ingredients. I did not really help me out much. Combine that with the fact that it is a closed label and you need 2 full scoops, bringing the total down to 15 servings, I just wouldn't buy it over the competition. Having said that, it is not a product that I would avoid if it were on sale since it did induce a calming state.
      Overall 5/10

Overall
      Thanks to Furious Formulations for sending it out!
        February 5, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • High Stim
      • Possible Jitters

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I'd Like to thank FuriousPete and Furious Formulations for the opportunity to try out Goku Gains through the trooper program. I have been training for years, and those of you who follow my reviews know that I like my pre workouts, in particular, high stim pre workouts. Needless to say, I was excited to get my hands on this one, and it did not disappoint.

Calories: 15

Calcium: 28mg
      Sodium: 5mg

Furious Mind-Muscle Connection Matrix
      L-Citrulline Malate: 4000mg
      -It is citrulline with magic aside bonded to it to give stability in the body. It is promoted as a fatigue fighter, providing the user with extra reps, or sets before the muscle tires out. Malate is also thought to have some fatigue-fighting abilities, hence why it is usually added. Citrulline also promotes muscle fullness through blood flow, but is usually more potent at higher dosages on its own.

Betaine Anhydrous: 2500mg
      -Often called trimethylglycine(TMG), it is derived from the breakdown of choline. It may boost muscle strength and size by increasing creatine production in the body. It can also increase change of muscle protein synthesis following training. It is also linked with muscle fullness and cellular fluid volume.

Taurine: 1000mg

Nitrosigine (as inositol stabilized arginine silicate): 500mg
      -It is a complex of bonded asinine silicate that has been proven to increase nitric oxide and silicon blood levels in the human body. It should be consumed daily at 750mg to 1500mg to increase vasodilation and cardiovascular health.

Agmatine Sulfate: 500mg
      workout energy and is also strongly linked in aiding mental clarity. Companies are including anywhere from 500mg to 1000mg, with 1g seeming to be the sweet spot.

Caffeine Anhydrous:350mg
      -Pure powdered form of caffeine. Linked to many benefits like increased fat loss, muscle endurance, muscle strength and power and faster recovery. 350mg is a pretty high dose, especially when you consider the other stimulants added below. Beginners may want to assess their tolerance.

Choline Bitartate: 300mg

Salvia miltiorrhiza(containing tanshinones & salvianolic acid): 250mg
      -This is a first for me. I could not find much information on this ingredient other than it can be used as NO boosters, along side creatine to further the muscle building process. I welcome any further information anyone may have on this.

ElevATP (ancient peat and apple extract): 150mg
      -It has a positive impact on elevating energy production in the body by stimulating the production of ATP. It leads to increases in athletic performance, power output and training volume. In turn, it can lead to improved body composition through increased muscle growth.

French Maritime Pine extract (bark)(containing procyanidins): 100mg
      -It is often referred to as Pycnogenol. I has been shown to strengthen immune response, improve cardiovascular efficacy as well as to treat other adverse health conditions. It also has strong antioxidant properties and induces vasodilatory effects.

Psycho-Active Furious Energy Blend: 175mg
      This is a proprietary blend, which is disappointing as up until now, the label has been pretty open.

DMHA:?
      -It is an exotic stimulant similar to DMAA and which we are starting to see disappear from most supplements due to controversial use. It is a very effective stimulant and is often associate with the sense of Euphoria. Many other supplements using DMHA hover around the 200mg mark which seems to be an effective dose.

Hordenine HCL: ?
      -Provides a natural energy with a sharp mental focus. Works well with caffeine and provides a strong mood enhancing component. Up to 75mg is usually recommended.

Teacrine as camellia assamica var, kulcha tea: ?

Halostachine HCL: ?
      -It is similar in structure and function to ephedrine. It is known for its "feel-good_ effects. It helps to increase metabolism, stimulate lipolysis, enhance focus, increase energy, suppress appetite and improve glucose storage and utilization.

N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCL: ?
      -This version of L-Tyromine has been shown to increase cAMP, heart rate and insulting production. It also decreases blood sugar levels.

Huperzine A (from toothed clubmoss) extract: ?
      -it is used as a memory enhancer and often taken by those studying for a test. It is often used anywhere from 50 to 200mcg.

Taste: Many pre workouts these days taste great. Taste has pretty much become one of the deciding factors when buying a pre workout. With all of the great tasting options out there, there is really no reason for your pre workout to taste bad, with the exception of naturally sweetened products, which some people have a hard time with, no matter how it is flavoured. With that said, this (Yummy Gummy Gasms) flavour of Goku Gains that I tested, was by far the best tasting pre workout I have ever had. That includes the likes of Man Sports, which makes great tasting products. It is sweet, but not too sweet, sour, but not too sour, and has no weird or chemical aftertaste at all. It is just the perfect balance. I give it a 10/10.

Mixability: Nothing out of the ordinary to report here. It was easily mixed, did not foam or froth, and left nothing behind. No graininess at all.

Dosing: Each scoop is said to contain 15g. I found however that the scoop was always heavier then that. It was usually about 2-3 grams off. This can be bad when you consider the caffeine and stimulant content. I never had an issue however, as I alway weigh everything. But it is something to consider. If going by weight, there are indeed 20 servings in the container as listed on the label.

It is recommended to start with a 1/2 scoop, which I agree with. Take this one slow. Once you build up, the 1 full scoop is a pretty sweet spot. The warning says not to consume more than 2 scoops in a 24 hour period. I would definitely limit this to 1. The only way I can see someone taking 2 scoops in 24 hours is if they must train in the evening on one day, followed by an earlier training session the next day, but definitely not 2 in one day.

Once tolerance was build up to one scoop, I found it to be pretty effective. There are a lot of stimulants here and you can really feel them pretty early on. I found that the increase energy as well as heart rate hit me pretty quick compared to others. After about 10 minutes of have=ing consumed the product, I felt the need to get moving. This is definitely not a product you would want to take, and then end up sitting around for a couple of hours. The energy is too intense for that. If you are in the gym and moving however, the energy is pretty sweet. It gave me a combination of focus and hyper-like intensity. It was almost to the point where waiting between sets was almost uncomfortable. There was no nausea or sickness, just a sense of having to move. That being said, it was preferable to take this on days that training lasted a little longer. On shorter session days, I found that I would be jittery for about 30-60 minutes post workout. Not crazy jittery, but just enough to say it was there. With the added "feel-good" ingredients, this wasn't really a problem. This amount of energy can be a good thing inside the gym, and I never found myself not liking it.
      In terms of muscle fullness or pump, I didn't really notice anything unusual or tightened compared to normal. The label claims to provide the "ultimate energy, focus, and mind-muscle connection". I didn't really feel the mind-muscle elevated at all enemy more than I usually do, which was something that I was looking forward to. I think that the energy and focus are what really stood out for me in this one. Overall effectiveness 8/10

At the time of writing this article, it can be had for $39.99 from the Furious Formulations web site. I could not find it any where else. For a 20 serving pre workout, I think that it is priced a little high, especially when you consider its competitors with proven ingredients and dosages like pre-jam and pre-cages priced at $37.99. That being said, in the exotic stimulant market you have DVST8 White cut priced at $49.99 and Sparta Kraken priced at $39.99 for 40 servings. I still think it is pretty high for only 20 servings and a not completely open label, but then again, it seems that most pre workout are high these days. For value, I give it a 7/10

Side Effects

The only side effects I noticed were slight jitters. These were more noticeable able short training sessions. I don't think that it is odd, given the amount of caffeine in this product. Assess your tolerance as you work through this one.

--Conclusion----
      I believe that Furious Formulations has a pretty solid entry in the high stim category with Goku Gains. It is an effective energy enhancing product that is sure to get you going. I only wish that the entire label was open. That would make it stand out more for me and elevate the overall mark. I give it an 8/10 overall.

Overall
      Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
        January 30, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Immune Boost
      • Joint Support
      • Sleep Through The Night
      • No Groginness
      • Closed Label
      • Low Doses

I have used many different sleep supplements over the years. Having young children and needing to train early in the morning, getting to sleep and staying there is critical for me. I have used stand alone product as well as combinations. I am alway excited to try out new sleep formulas.

Vitamin D3 For Sleep as cholecalciferol: 800IU
      -A deficiency in Vitamin D leads to sleep disorders. It can have negative impacts on the amount and quality of sleep one gets, which in turn effects the mood upon waking.

Vitamin B (Pyridoxine HCL): 4mg
      ...

Vitamin D3 For Sleep as cholecalciferol: 800IU

Vitamin B (Pyridoxine HCL): 4mg
      -It helps to regulate sleep patterns by converting small amounts of tryptophan to niacin and serotonin.

Magnesium (amino acid chelate): 40mg
      -It is often used in sleep supplements due to its ability to decrease cortisol, the stress hormone that keeps you up at night. It helps to relax you and give you a sleepy feeling.

Zinc (amino acid chelate): 7.5mg
      -It is also often used in sleep supplements. It has a sedative effect on the nervous system. It is thought to help with mental recovery post stress, or training. It improves the quality of sleep especially when insomnia is involved.

Boron (citrate): 5mg
      -It is a micro-mineral that has many important roles in the body. It works well with vitamin D to increase content of bones and it increases and regulates magnesium, among other things. It regulates hormone production. A lack of Boron could lead to many things like muscle pain, memory problems, depression, hormonal imbalance and weak, brittle bones. All of these things are not conducive to a good night's sleep.

Joint Support Blend 2580mg
      Since it is a proprietary blend, it is impossible to know the amounts of each ingredient.
      Glucosamine Sulfate
      -It is a natural compound found in healthy cartilage, mostly in the fluid around the joints. It has anti-inflammatory properties and has shown signs of cartilage regeneration.

Chondroitin Sulfate
      -It is a mother component of cartilage that helps to retain water. It may provide pain relief for some people and can improve some hindered joint movements slightly.

Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hylauronate)
      -It has been shown to help in treatment of arthritis.

Bromelain 2400GDU
      -It is an enzyme that has protein digesting properties. It can support healthy digestion. It also may help to support joint comfort and receive temporary soreness associated with muscle overuse.

MSM
      Methylsulfonymethane is used to lower inflammation and help restore healthy bodily tissue.

Immune Blend 2100mg
      Another proprietary blend.

Vitamin C(Ascorbic acide)
      -Several cells in the immune system need vitamin C to perform their task, especially phagocytes and t-cells. A lack of vitamin C can reduce resistance against certain pathogens. A higher supply can in turn enhance several immune system parameters.

L-Glutamine
      -enhances the ability of the immune system to deal with high stress workouts. It also helps in recovery.

Colostrum 30% IgG
      -It can boost immunity because it is a critical nutrient source, it can help to develop the immune system, it reduces inflammation, it is anti-microbial, it can help improve metabolism and it helps to fight cancers.

Sleep, Relaxation & Recovery Blend 530mg
      Another propriety blend.

GABA(y-AminoButyric Acid)

L-Tryptophan
      -This amino acid increases serotonin, which increases melatonin. These help to regulate sleep and mood. It helps to counter sleep disturbances.

5HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
      -It is a by-product of L-Tryptophan, thus helps the body produce more serotonin.

Melatonin
      -This natural hormone is made by the pineal gland and helps to control sleep and wake cycles. When melatonin levels rise, you begin to feel less alert, making sleep more inviting.

Taste: I tried the Passion Fruit Tea version and it was quite enjoyable. It did have that certain chemical quality that most sleep supplements have but it is by far better than other that I have tried in the past. 8/10

Mixability: It mixed pretty good. It had no graininess or leftover when using the recommended liquid quantity of 4-6oz.

Dosing: At 7g per scoop, the tub yield is 30 servings and I found that to be accurate. I like that there is a full 30 day supply as some others out there have only 20-25 servings, so I appreciate that. I used the full 7g scoop every time and I found that to be pretty good for me.

In terms of ingredient dosing, like I stated above, it is difficult to say due to the fact that they are hidden in blends, but some of the blends at pretty small and I'd like to see higher doses of certain ingredients, like melatonin.

Adaptogen promotes Night flight as being able to strengthen joints, boost immune system and have you sleep all night and be ready to go in the morning.

In terms of joint support, this is pretty difficult for me to judge. I have never had any problems, pain or stiffness in my joints (knock on wood). I cannot say either way if Night Flight helped me in this regard. I will say though, that my joints did not start to hurt or become stiff while using it, and that the ingredients included are certainly those that are often found in joint support products. Therefore, I will leave this section for others to comment on.

As an immune system booster, I would like to think that it did work for me. I am a primary school teacher, therefore I often around germs and sickness. I usually tolerate these quite well from years of being exposed to them. For some reason however, the first part of this school year (Sept-Nov) I found myself feeling under the weather quite a bit. Mostly common colds. Since using Night Flight, I have not been sick at all. Now this may very well just be coincidence, but either way, I have not been sick, and I am happy with that.

In terms of sleep, I found Night Flight to be quite effective at promoting a calm state before bed and keeping me asleep throughout the night. For me, it was not a knockout supplement. It simply prepared me and calmed my body and mind in preparation for sleep. If however, I was not ready for bed and took it while continuing with things like work around the house or homework, the feeling of sleepiness went away really quick. For me, the best time to take it was about 10 minutes before bed and making sure that I was in bed as soon as possible. In this state, I could say that I would fall asleep very quickly and never really woke up during the night like I usually do. I give it an 8/10 for this. I would have rated it higher if it had the ability to put me to sleep every time, regardless of what I was doing.

I terms of morning recovery, many other sleep supplements have you feeling groggy and tired in the morning. That is not the case with night flight. I can't say that I was more alert or ready for the day that usual, but I did not experience any grogginess or tiredness after taking it. Since melatonin is that last ingredient in a 530mg blend, it probably does not have a big enough effect to induce the grogginess effect.

overall effectiveness 8/10

At the time of writing this review, I could only find this product at two online stores. One being Adaptogen's own website at $49.95 and the other being massforlife.com at $41.99. Either way it is priced fairly similarly to other popular sleep aids. MTS Nutrition's Machine Sleep is set at $39.99 and Ronnie Coleman's Resurrect PM is at $36.99. The differences here however is that both of these, as well as many others have an open label, so you can be sure of the ingredients you are taking in. Either way, for an effective formula, I'd say it is pretty well priced, but still would not be my go at this price. I would like an open label in order to spend as much as other that do use open labels.

----Side Effects--I did not notice any side effects from taking the product. It does contain melatonin at an undisclosed amount, so theoretically, one may experience some morning grogginess from this. I however, did not.

--Conclusion----

Overall, I think that adaptogen has a pretty good product in the night time support category with Night Flight. Like I stated earlier, if you are looking for a knockout, this isn't it. This is something to help prepare you for sleep and to ensure you stay there throughout the night. As a bonus, it have other goodies as well, which separate it from others in this category. I only wish that the label was open. I would recommend it to others and it does work. Have said that, I would choose a similar product, with an open label first if comparing two similar products side by side. Overall 7/10

Overall
      Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
        January 22, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Open Label
      • Causes Nausea
      • Jitters
      • Less Of The Ingredients At Lower Dose

I'd like to start by thanking Labtech nutraceuticals for the opportunity to try and to review their pro workout competitor, Biometric Shock. I have been taking pre workout supplements for a long time now and have used every different type you can think of. None of the ingredients found here were new to me, and knowing about them, I was quite excited to try it out.

Kudos to LABTECH for a completely open label. This is pretty much a must for me these days and no reason not to include a fully transparent label in my opinion.
      Performance
      -Be...

Performance
      -Beta Alanine: 3.700mg
      -This non-essential amino acid is widely used to promote performance through muscle endurance if used on a regular basis. Daily dosing can range anywhere from 2-5g per day, with split doses if you want to avoid the parasthesia(tingles) usually associated with higher doses.

-Black Pepper fruit extract: 5mg
      -It increases the bioavailability of other ingredients, which is why it is often found in many supplements. You will usually see 5 to 10mg as a dose.

Energy
      -Caffeine Anhydrous:375mg
      -Pure powdered form of caffeine. Linked to many benefits like increased fat loss, muscle endurance, muscle strength and power and faster recovery. 375mg is a high dose good dose and you have to remember that it is not the only form of caffeine in here.

-Theobromine: 325mg
      -It is similar to caffeine and is used to improve the intensity of training. It also dilates blood vessels and therefore increases NO production. Dosing can be anywhere from 100-560mg.

-2 aminoisoheptane: 175mg
      -It is otherwise known as DMHA, an exotic stimulant similar to DMAA and which we are starting to see disappear from most supplements due to controversial use. It is a very effective stimulant and is often associate with the sense of Euphoria. Many other supplements using DMHA hover around the 200mg mark which seems to be an effective dose.

-caffeine citrate: 100mg
      -This is the second form of caffeine in here. with a third to follow. It is a combination of caffeine anhydrous, citric acid monohydrate, and sodium citrate dehydrate. It raises caffeine blood levels faster than any other form. It provides 50% of caffeine yield, so 100mg would yield 50mg of active caffeine.

-DiCaffeine Malate: 75mg
      -This is the third form of caffeine found in here and it totals 550 mg of caffeine with a yield of 475mg according to Labtech. This is quite a bit of caffeine and should really by considered before taking any where near a full scoop.

-synephrine hydrochloride: 50mg

-yohimbe HCL: 20mg

-huperzine-A: 50mcg
      -It enhances cognition and improves muscle strength. This nootropic easily crosses the blood and brain barrier, making it a good choice here. It is used as a memory enhancer and often taken by those studying for a test. It is often used anywhere from 50 to 200mcg.

Focus/Mood
      -Taurine: 1000mg

-citicoline: 300mg
      -It is the most potent form of choline, therefore requires the lowest dosage. It is used to increase neural concentration, helping with focus during training.

-L-dopa: 250mg
      -also known as mcucuna pruriens, it it used to promote brain health, mood, and cognition. Dosing is anywhere from 250mg to 500mg.

-Hordenine HCL: 50mg

-Noopept: 30mg
      -It is a nootropic that influences cognitive functions, including focus and memory. Adequate dosing should be somewhere between 15 and 20mg.

Taste: The flavor I tried was apple. It was a pretty good flavor. I often found myself taking less than the recommended dosage so I had to use considerably less water or the flavor was very diluted. Having said that, following 1 full scoop and the recommended 4-6oz of water, it was quite enjoyable. 8/10

Mixability: It mixed pretty good in the recommended liquid. I never had any issue with graininess or foaming. It dissolved pretty good with a couple of shakes, and stayed that way. I usually drink my pre workout pretty fast, so I can't comment on what would happen after an extended period of time, say 20 plus minutes.

Dosing: Usually I would say that the effectiveness part of my reviews are the most important, but for Biometric Shock, this is by far the most important as a wrong dosage will not only set you up for a bad workout, but also a bad day. Labtech recommends that you assess your tolerance by starting with 1/4 scoop 20 minutes before training and having has 30-50g of slow digesting carbs 40 minutes before that. A full scoop of this stuff contains 475mg of caffeine. Thats a lot. I knew that going in, but I am also very used to high amounts of caffeine and I am pretty tolerant to it. Therefore, I decided to start with 1/2 scoop and even debated a full scoop as I usually jump right in. I have to say that that was a huge mistake. I'm not sure if it was the total caffeine, the yohimbe, or both combined, but I was nauseous all day. I'm talking like 16 hours of fighting the urge to vomit. I even felt nauseous the next time, when I only used 1/4 scoop. This is not common for me. That along with extreme jitters make this one pretty dangerous. I highly recommend starting with the 1/4 scoop.
      Each scoop held the mentioned 10grams for 30 servings in the container. After factoring in the 1/4 and 1/2 scoops, I'd say that 30 servings is pretty accurate.

Labtech promises Energy, focus, mood and motivation. I have to say, that based on the above, the energy is very apparent, even at the 1/4 scoop mark. I never did reach a full scoop out of fear of nausea. In fact, every time I took this pre workout, I did not feel right. At a 1/4 scoop, I could manage but there was still some lingering sick feeling in the background.
      Focus: I really can't say that I was ever really focussed. I think that the sickness and the jitters ruined this benefit for me. I usually could not wait to finish a set as I was shaking too much.

Mood and motivation: Again, I feel as though things would have been different if I had not experienced the negative side effects that I did. Needless to say, my mood was not very good, and my motivation was to finish my workout early. That was not good for me.

As for performance, there is quite a bit a beta alanine present in 1 full scoop. The problem is that if you take 1/4 to 1/2 scoop every time, your dose of beta alanine is significantly lowered, making it so that you do not get the wanted effects of a full scoop.

On a side note, I know some people may be thinking that my side effects came from the yohimbe. The problem though is that I have taken yohimbe many times before, in all of its forms, as a stand alone and in combinations. I have never experienced anything like this before.

I really hate to give a negative mark on a supplements that contains many quality ingredients at disclosed dosages, but for me, this simply was not good for my body. This effectiveness rating is 100% my personal experience and someone else may rate it a 10, but for me, its a 5/10. I rate it a 5 simply do to the fact that I did get good energy out of a 1/4 serving.

At the time of writing this review, I could find the product at a couple of online retailers, but not many and they all list it at $44.99. That his pretty expensive, but based on 30 servings and the quality of ingredients, I'd say that it is priced right around where it should be, and I would have no problem paying that price for something with this label (that is of course if it did not make me sick). 8/10

Side Effects

As listed above;
      -extreme jitters with 1/2 serving and higher
      -racing heart
      -long lasting nausea

Be careful with how you dose this one.

--Conclusion----

Overall, I am conflicted about this one. I know that based on the label, that this is a good product. I like the ingredients and their dosages. The fact of there matter is that it simply did not agree with me at any dosage. I really wish that it did and I hope that it does for others. I think that I'll chalk this one up to "not for me" 5/10 (for me personally).

Really be careful with this one. I'd also like to know if anyone experienced what I did or if it was just me and my body disagreeing.

As for my recommendation of YES, I can't not recommend this product as I believe that it could be a good one for others, and I truly hope that it is. It simply has too many good ingredients to not recommend. Who knows, everyone is different.