fat2ripped

Completed Missions

Try Requests

Total Reviews

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. fat2ripped will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 192 days.

Reviews by fat2ripped

Overall
Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  December 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tightens Skin
  • Reduces Scarring

Shrink Toning Lotion is supposed to help reduce cellulite and help tighten the area you apply it too. I came into this not expecting too much but I was actually quite surprised at how well it worked.

I'm getting older and I'm constantly looking to try new things I haven't before and I seen this and decided to go for it. It's a tightening lotion and sort of helps reduce cellulite and tighten skin. I decided to try this because I used to be a pretty big guy, weight wise, and I've lost some and put on some muscle and anyway the hardest part of my body I've mostly kept is my beer gut. I find it really hard to get rid of so i enlisted some help from this product. I also have some slight scars on my body and I thought this might help reduce them.

Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Soybean Oil, Glycerin, Carnitine, Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Coenzyme Q, Ethoxydiglycol, Sambucus, Nigra Flower Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Butylene Glycol, PEG 8, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG-40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).

Soybean oil is supposed to help reduce cholesterol.

Glycerin moisturizes the skin and helps prevent moisture loss.

Carnitine helps burn fatty acids and produce energy, use fat as fuel.

Coenzyme plays a role in burning fatty acids.

Sambucus boosts the immune system.

Nigra Flower Extract is an anti-inflammatory

Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E skin conditioning agent

So you just rub this lotion on the area of your choice, mine was my stomach and make sure it doesn't come in contact with your clothes. Do it about 15 minutes before you workout. It sort of leaves a minty smell almost on you but it's not bad. I used it every so often when I was heading to do cardio, maybe 3 times a week.

Ok so the first time you put it on, be warned it will burn, YOU WILL FEEL IT. I was a little shocked about the burning sensation the first few times, you can definitely tell its there. Results wise, I think it worked pretty good. I used it mainly to diminish some scarring, aka stretch marks, on my body and I was happy with the results. I also felt like my midsection tightened pretty decent and it may just be because I was working out a lot but I think the Shrink lotion helped too. I enjoyed the use of it and I think it helped do what I had hoped it would. I think it works.

So, you can buy this for $39.99 on amazon and I think that's a good deal. I'm actually going to buy another one myself because I enjoyed it so much.

Side Effects

Burning sensation almost immediately after applying.

Conclusion

It's a good product and it works well, I'm buying it again. I didn't expect much but it did what it was supposed to. The burning sensation you get used to and now I actually like it because it tells me the product is actually doing something. Sorry if this is a little sloppy, my laptop broke and I'm trying to do this from a tablet.

September 25, 2018

• Clean Energy
    • Increase Focus
    • Slow Release Energy
    • Tastes Good
    • Consistent Throughout Workout
    • Long Last Energy
    • No Pump Ingredients

K-XR is a high stim pre workout, and that's just what I love. I've used high stim pre workouts for as long as I can remember and it takes alot for me to feel them like I need to. I'm really beginning to love VMI as a brand, they offer some really good products and this one is no exception. Thank you VMI and SR for letting me try this.

So, like I said, I've used high stim pre workouts for a really long time, all the way back to the days of the original Jack3d, but I've recently taken a break from them for about a year. I tried to cut back on my caffeine intake for a long time but I felt like I was ready again to try a high stim pre workout. I seen some good reviews for this and I seen it was by VMI, which has treated me great in the past, so I figured why not give it a try. I wasn't taking any other pre workout along side this, this was my energy source. I need that energy as I get older I feel like I get tired quicker, I feel myself slacking sometimes in the gym and a pre workout like this just gives me that push I need. I've become a big fan of VMI over the last few months, they seem to have some very good quality products. I work out about 5-7 days a week, with a mix of cardio and weight training.

Ok they do have a prop blend in this, I know a lot of people are wary about this these days, but I believe VMI is a company I can trust when it comes to quality of ingredients so it didn't bother me much. The prop blend is as follows:

First we have an Intense Pump Blend

It's 3,300mg and includes a mix of CarnoSyn (beta-alanine), L-Taurine, Theobromine.

Beta Alanine is known to most as that tingling feeling you get when you take a pre workout, it's main purpose is to raise muscle carnosine levels and to support muscle performance in a short to medium duration.

Next we have L-taurine, which is a non essential amino acid which seems to have some mixed benefits. It's said to help with heart function, vasodilation, and it works as a anti-oxidant.

Finally we have Theobromine, this is similar to caffeine and can improve mood and blood flow.

We're not done yet, we now have a Maximum energy blend consisting of 632.5 mg. The main thing about this product that stands out, is the caffeine amount. We have here a triple stage caffeine designed to fuel your entire workout and limit your crash. They do this so you don't feel the caffeine all at once at the beginning of your workout and then feel super tired when you are in the middle of it. I really like the way they made this. The caffeine amount is about 400 mg, which is a lot of caffeine.

Our finally blend is a Focal and Cognitive enhancing blend consisting of 503 mg. It includes choline bitartrate and huperzia serrata extract. Choline is supposed to help increase athletic performance, lower blood pressure, control mood swings and apparently is used to treat Alzheimer's disease. Huperzia Serrata extract was hard to find what it actually does, but apparently it helps with memory loss and is also used to treat Alzheimer's disease.

Overall I think this is a good ingredient profile for a high stim pre workout.

I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice flavor and it tasted really good for a pre-workout. I've been around long enough to taste some pretty disgusting pre-workouts so I never get my hopes up or expect too much when it comes to the flavor of a pre-workout, but this one surprised me it was actually good. I normally have to just chug it down real fast and deal with the taste but I actually enjoyed this one. I would mix it with about 10 ounces of water and drank it about 20 minutes before my workout. I used 1 scoop a day just about but sometimes I went over a tiny bit, maybe a 3rd. I knew how much caffeine was in it so I was mindful of that. It mixed well, it tasted good and the dosage felt right, what more can you ask.

So what I wanted out of this product was some hard hitting energy and that's what got delivered. Every day I took this I could feel the energy I got from it and it helped me a lot. I'm one of those guys who when they get tired they sort of just give up and the rest of there workout is basically useless because of slacking. I need that energy boost and this helped me with that. I wouldn't get tired as fast and I felt energy throughout my entire workout not just the beginning. In the energy department this was an A plus for me. I got what I needed out of it, usually for example I'd get tired on the treadmill and not want to finish my cardio session because i'm lazy but this helped me push past that feeling and get it over with.

As far as pump goes, it was okay, but I wasn't really looking for a pump product. It was decent, but nothing super. It had an interesting pump profile so I didn't really expect much out of it.

Focus was another area I felt it was good at, I normally get distracted a lot while doing my cardio, I don't like to listen to music while I work out like most people so the time usually feels like forever but while taking this I felt like time flew by. 45 minute cardio session, no problem. I would start and the next thing I know I was half way there, then I'm finished and it's like where did the time go. It was a really good addition that I didn't expect. I get bored a lot when on the treadmill and sometimes I'll just give up because I'm so bored but this helped me focus on what I was doing and finish it. Really good.

The cheapest I found this for was on amazon for $29.95 and with free shipping. I believe that's a pretty good deal considering the quality of what you are getting and how well it works. I would buy it for that. It's a good price point, not too much. It's some good value for an effective high stim pre workout. No complaints about the price here.

Side Effects

No side effects to report.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed using this pre workout. It's got a lot of energy to give and that's what I wanted. I have come to respect VMI and the products they offer to be well done and of good quality. K-XR is a good priced pre workout and it works well in most categories. It's a high stim pre workout so be wary of your caffeine intake but besides that, I definitely recommend you try it.

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
      September 5, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Meal Replacment
    • Keeps You Full
    • Amazing Taste
    • Prime Ingredients

This is a awesome mass gainer/meal replacement, I loved using it and the company behind this seems to make really great products.

So to be perfectly honest, I've never actually used a mass gainer before and I was a little hesitant to try it. What I was looking for in this product was that I had read reviews about it saying its acceptable to use it as a meal replacement and that's what I wanted out of it. I needed to replace meals because sometimes I don't have time to pick something up and eat and I'd usually either skip the meal and feel hungry all day or I'd get something really unhealthy for me. I wanted something that would make me feel full and would be a good source of protein and not too many carbs and something that wasn't super unhealthy for me. I'm getting older and I'm trying different things and I'm glad I tried this because I really enjoyed it and it was very helpful for what I needed it for. VMI seems to be a company putting out some really good products and I appreciate them letting me try them.

Ok so the amount of ingredients you get is dependent on how many scoops you take but for 2 scoops you get:

250 calories, 31 g of carbs, 5 g of fat, 10 g of sugar and 20 g of protein.

This is almost exactly the ingredient profile I was looking for. When I asked a friend of mine about mass gainers, he told me to just eat real food they have too many carbs and are loaded with sugar. But I'm really satisfied with these ingredients, I believe this is a really good amount of carbs for a mass gainer and not too much sugar for me. The fat in here is also from healthy fat sources like MCT oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and whole milk powder.

The carbs come from Carb10 and Maltodextrin, Carb10 from what I researched helps prevent blood sugar levels from spiking, it says it's a source of clean and sustaining energy.

This is a great ingredient blend for me, I really don't think I could of asked for anything better to suit my needs personally.

The taste of the Ice Cream Sandwich flavor is really good, I loved it alot. It taste exactly like it's name and I actually feel like I'm eating a Ice Cream Sandwich. I don't think they could of nailed the flavor any better, it's very good.

Ok so when it comes to mixability I tried a couple things, a blender and a shaker bottle. For some reason this tasted way better in my shaker bottle, I know its weird but it's how I felt. Also when mixing in a blender all the, i'm guessing it's chocolate, would wind up at the very bottom of the cup like all of it. But when mixing in a shaker bottle about a week or two out I found out that it mixes perfect. No chocolate left over in the bottom and it just so much better, but maybe it's just my cheap blender. I just thought I should mention it and incase you are wondering, I mixed it with milk.

I only used two scoops at a time, because the ingredient profile at this dosage was perfect for me I didn't really ever go up any. Two scoops was great for me and you should use whatever you feel is right for you given the ingredients. I took this whenever I wanted to replace a meal, either I didn't have time or I just didn't feel like it.

So as I said before I didn't use this as a mass gainer, I used it as a meal replacement and I'll give my review of the effectiveness based on that.

As a meal replacement, what I look for is ingredients and the ability to make me feel full without eating unhealthy and this was perfect for me.
      It filled me up and I wouldn't feel hungry again for hours, I really enjoyed it. I've never tried a mass gainer but I've used meal replacements in the past and they usually don't make me feel full not in the way this one does. I did feel like I maybe put on a few pounds but I didn't feel fatter I just felt like I had put on more muscle I felt bigger at the end of this but more in a healthy way. I didn't expect to lose weight while taking a mass gainer, even as a meal replacement. I loved this product it did what it was supposed to do as a meal replacement for me and it tasted great while doing it.

You can get this for $43 on amazon right now, that's about $1.43 per serving at 30 servings. I believe this is super good for me as a meal replacement, it's really cheap. And when you think about the quality of ingredients you are getting, it's a great deal. I'm thinking about buying it right now for that price with prime. For someone that uses 2 scoops like me, that's a great price, I understand it gets higher the more scoops you use but I'd imagine that's with every mass gainer.

Side Effects

No side effects for me, no feeling bloated or any digestion issues.

Conclusion

This is a really great product, I loved using it as a meal replacement. It made feel full when I needed it and it kept me satisfied till the last scoop. VMI seems like a really good company and uses quality ingredients. I loved the Ice Cream Sandwich Flavor but when I buy it I'm probably gonna try a new flavor as I want to see if it matches up to this one. It's at a great price point and has the perfect ingredient profile I'm looking for, nothing more I can ask for.

August 8, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Improved Recovery
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Endurance
      • Competitive Price

Great Bcaa product, helps with recovery and hyrdration, I loved it. Thank you VMI for letting me try this, it's a great intra at a great price.

So, I wanted to try a BCAA product, I haven't in a long time, not that I'm against them or anything I just haven't felt the need. I'm just getting back into working out over the last year and when I was younger I never really took any intra workouts so this is kind of new for me, but I seen it offered on here and I looked at all the positive reviews and figured, why not? I'm getting older and trying to lose weight that I put on in the past and when working out these days I do get sore a lot. Sometimes when I'm doing cardio, I don't want to stop and go all the way over to the water fountain so I'll just keep going and get water at the end, but now after taking this product I feel like this had definitely hampered my cardio and I'm regretting not going the BCAA route sooner. I'm gonna try to get more hydration during my workouts as I can see the effect it has on me. I work out a lot these days, and I do cardio once a day, every day, so soreness and overall just feeling fatigued is normal for me.

Ok so it being a BCAA product the first thing we look for on the label is the amount, normally this type product comes in around 5g, that's what most BCAA products you'll find have, or atleast the average. VMI includes 7g in this one, which is great and it's in a 2:1:1 ration. The 2:1:1 ratio is fine by me as I don't think I've ever even tried anything higher, and I found a lot of articles saying higher ratios may actually work against you.

We also have Betaine, dosed at 1.25mg, which I believe is a good amount, I tried to search it and it says to take 1.25-1.5mg twice a day so it's actually right on the mark here for me because I took it twice a day. This is supposed to increase exercise performance and also help with muscle growth. I also see some saying it has several applications in helping heart health.

Next we have TRAACs minerals that help with hydration,

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate - 400mg

Potassium Glycinate - 50mg

Magnesium Glycinate - 50mg

Calcium Glycinate - 50mg

Sodium Chloride - 50mg

And finally we have vitamins B6 and B12.

This is a great combination and it works well in my opinion.

Another great area for this product is the taste. I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice flavor, and it is delicious. I love this flavor. It tastes so good I looked forward to it everyday. It also mixed very well, did not leave any residue at the bottom and no foam at all, just shook it up and was good to go. I usually took this twice a day, one scoop in the morning or one scoop at night and then I'd take a scoop while I was working out. It tasted so good I couldn't get enough of it.

This product worked really well for me. A lot of people say you can't really tell how effective a BCAA is but since I haven't taken one in such a long time, I definitely noticed its recovery benefits compared to when I wasn't. I noticed reduced DOMs and also just great hydration benefits. I got sore less but also I noticed that while drinking this during my workout I was more hydrated and that lead to me feeling better and less fatigued in general during my workout. It was a great addition that I welcomed with open arms because I get fatigued a lot and now I know hydration is key. It was really effective, doing what exactly what it claimed and more, nothing to complain about here.

The cheapest I found this was for $24 on amazon with free shipping through prime and I believe that's a really good deal for what you are getting. I think most BCAA products are priced around that range and this one is great quality and it has some extra's. I would purchase this product everytime over others for the price.

Side Effects

No side effects for me while taking this.

Conclusion

It's a great BCAA product and it worked really well for me. It helped me with experiencing less soreness and helped my workouts using it as a intra. It's also at a cheap price and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something for hydration and recovery. I loved it and I'll most likely buy it. I haven't used a BCAA product in a long time and I can see the difference it makes for me personally so I'll try to add it in whenever I can.

July 30, 2018

• Smooth Energy
        • Tastes Great
        • Better Than An Energy Drink
        • Prop Blend
        • Not Enough For A True Pre Workout

Bang is a energy drink that I usually use when I'm in between pre-workouts and I need that extra push. It's got a great caffeine amount and it's really easily accessible for me, they have them at a lot of gas stations close to where I live. They are pretty popular but for good reason.

So I don't normally drink energy drinks, I never have to be honest but I was in the car one day riding to the gym with a buddy, and he mentions he has to stop and get one of these at a gas station on the way. Well this was about 4 months ago and at the time I was out of pre workout, so I join him in getting one and I'm hooked. I've drank these on and off since then and I've tried different brands of energy drinks/rtd pre workouts and I gotta say I enjoy these the most. I actually see that they have this in a powder version that I never knew about and I'm thinking about trying that next. Not only when I'm out of pre workout but sometimes I'll just not feel like taking any and instead i'll go to the corner store and get one of these.

Ah here we are again my old friend, a prop blend.
        What we know for sure is that it has a great amount of caffeine in it, around 300mg, the pre workouts I usually take I try to aim around this amount or less.

The other ingredients in the product include its trademarked SUPER CREATINE. This is creatine bonded to L-Leucine, I tried to research what this does and apparently combining the two makes it a water-stable creatine and it helps with mental focus because it can cross the blood brain barrier more easily.

We also have CoQ10 in here as well, what I've read on this is that it has numerous benefits for heart health and it's also very heavily involved in energy production so it may help with physical performance as well.

Finally we have BCAAs and vitamins B6 and B12 to round out this bang of a energy drink.

Ok so I'm pretty sure I've tasted just about every flavor, and I love them all, which never happens for me. I can't say there wasn't one flavor I didn't enjoy. I think my favorite might be the Star Blast but they all sort of come close to being #1. I don't know what it is about it but even flavors I normally wouldn't think I'd enjoy, like blue razz or black cherry vanilla, they are both great. No mixing here, they are ready to drink straight out the can. I usually drank one 15 minutes before working out if I was using it as my pre-workout, if not, I would just take it when I needed some energy.

I love these things, they are great. I do a lot of cardio these days and I get great energy from this. I drink one and I'm good to go, you can feel the energy boost. It helped a lot, especially since I would use these when I was out of pre-workout, waiting for a new one to come in the mail or just not feeling like using any at the time. It gave me a great boost that I needed so it was really effective for me. Not only energy but it seemed to also help in my focus while I was working out. I get bored quick when I'm doing cardio and I lose focus fast but with this I definitely felt more focused, not like a pre-workout where the time will sort of fly by for me if it's good enough, but just enough to keep me on the treadmill or whatever I'm doing.

So the cheapest I can find this is around $24-$25 for 12 cans and lets just say that's about $2 per can, which is pretty good. Especially compared to other RTD's, it's a good deal, but what I like most about this is the accessibility, I can go 5 minutes down the road and get a can before my workout. I've tried a couple other RTD's and I think this is the best deal you can get for what you are getting.

Side Effects

No side effects for me.

Conclusion

I love Bang, it's got great caffeine amount, not too much or too little. It provides great energy and good focus for when I'm working out or just need that boost. It's also one of the best energy drinks I've tasted to date, every single flavor is great tasting and you never have to worry about getting through the flavor like you do with some other brands. It's also a really good value considering how effective it is and the accessibility. I'm definitely buying again and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Overall
        Overall
        6.1
        6.4
          July 21, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
          • Under Dosed
          • Prop Blend

The Ripper is a fat burner made by Cobra Labs, it's the first time I've tried this product. It has some good ingredients I believe, but those are mixed into 2 prop blends so you can't tell the dosage of what you are getting and I believe they are under dosed. It makes some bold claims such as, "This is what it feels like to be plugged into lightning," and I've wanted to try Cobra Labs products just because of how badass they look, so let's get to it!.

So I'm a guy who used to workout regular when I was younger, was in good shape and I loved it. Fast forward 5 years, I'm a couch potato and I just get sick of it so I start working out again, losing weight and putting on some muscle but I still like to get a little extra help when I can and that's where this product comes in. Putting on weight is so much easier than losing it, huh? I just wanted something to help me lose a little bit extra here and there while I'm working out consistently. I do a lot of cardio these days and I wanted something that would just kick it up a notch, and one of my friends recommended I try out something with a thermogenic effect. I saw this on amazon, it seemed like a good deal and I figured, what the heck let's try it. Also side note I loved the skull looking grim reaper on the front of it. One of the things that I didn't like about this upfront was the caffeine amount was really high, so I decided not to mix it with my pre-workout which is usually around the 300-400 range itself.

Ok, I know, prop blends tend to suck sometimes and this one is really no exception and I'll explain below.

Extreme Muscle Fuel 2,034mg ** Okay, so this is the first prop blend we have, the thing is it is only 2,034 mg and 200 is caffeine so you may be getting under dosed on some of these ingredients.

Carnosyn (Beta-Alanine),
          So this helps with muscle performance and maintaining that muscle performance later in the workout. It support muscle power output throughout your workout. The minimum dosage I've read about for this branded type of beta-alanine, Carnosyn, is about 1.6g. We only have around 1.8g total left after the caffeine. We don't know how much is in here but if you stick to the recommended dosage of 1 scoop you may be getting this under dosed.

Guarana Extract,
          This is widely used for it's fat loss capabilities, including increasing fat oxidation and increasing exercise effectiveness and expenditure. The recommended dosage for this was hard to find, it was all over the place, some people said 600mg, 800mg, 1g, and I even read an article which said 2g was safe. I don't know how much is in here but we don't have much room in the original 2034mg that is in this blend.

Raspberry Ketones,
          It's supposed to help you burn fat faster but from what I've read, the research just isn't there yet. The dosage is also relatively confusing from what I found, since there is no research on it in humans, it jumps around from 100-200mg all the way up to some sites saying 1000-5000mg, so I'm not sure if you are getting the correct dosage here or not.

Caffeine (200mg)
          I personally believe this is pretty high for a fat burner, I was wanting to mix this in with my pre workout, but I decided not to because of the high amount so I actually used this as a pre workout just because of this.

Ripper Shred Matrix 1,106mg ** Another prop blend I believe is under dosed.

Taurine,
          This promotes muscle strength and endurance, it's normally dosed around the 1g to 3g range and there is only 1106mg for all these ingredients so it's likely this is under dosed.

Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl, It helps your body burn fat and this version also has several cognitive enhancing functions as well. A normal recommended dose for this is around 1g to 3g so I don't see how your not under dosed.

Green Coffee Extract,
          It helps reduce your appetite and is widely known for its ability to aid in weight loss through it's main ingredient Chlorogenic Acid. The recommended dosage is around 400 mg, depending on the amount Chlorogenic Acid, which is normally included in the ingredient list but it is missing here so we don't know.

Green Tea Extract,
          It's supposed to speed up metabolism and increase your energy but there are also several more claims that it aids in other area's as well. The recommended dosage is 100-750mg

Cinnamon Bark Extract,
          This has several nutritional values but I'm not too sure on the fat burning capabilities.

Olive Leaf Extract (40% Oleuropein)
          I found a lot of benefits for taking it but not sure if it aids in fat loss.

Okay so I had the Razor Lime flavor and it actually tasted pretty good, no complaints here. It mixed really well, no chunks after mixing and not grittiness of the powder in your mouth that you sometimes get within this category. Also no settling at the bottom, sometimes I get that with pre-workouts where I hate drinking that last sip because you know it's gonna be gritty and super strong tasting. I wanted to mix this with my pre workout but because of the high caffeine I didn't, I took this by itself as a pre-workout about 15-30 minutes before I went to the gym. I started off with 1 scoop then moved up to about 1 and a half scoops, it recommends you only take 1 scoop at a time so I didn't want to do too much.

To start off with at first I thought it was giving me some energy at the very least but as I continued using I noticed I was actually doing less cardio than I was before. I guess this is because the caffeine is high for a fat burner but as a pre-workout, it's less than I normally take. The fat burning aspect, I really can't tell you if it worked or not. I did lose weight but I do a lot of cardio and it was in the range that it normally is without taking this. Maybe it did help some but nothing super noticeable. I'm gonna give this the best rating because I did lose weight and I can't say it hurt my weight loss in any way.

I think the cheapest you can find this is for around $20, depending on the flavor, and you get 30 servings but if you do as the label says and take 1 scoop in the morning and then 1 before your workout, this is only gonna last about 15 days. I don't know if it's a good value or not really, it's pretty cheap but being under dosed and the effectiveness not standing out, I'm not sure.

Side Effects

No side effects for me!

Conclusion

EHH, is the best way to put this, it seems under dosed and the effectiveness for me is in question, so I won't be buying again. It's got a relatively high amount of caffeine and it could be a good energy boost if you are not using it for a pre workout or just not used to higher amounts. The fat burning aspect is okay but nothing special in my opinion. It's cheap but I can't recommend it.

9.1
            July 6, 2018

• Easy On The Stomach
          • Strenght Increase
          • Great Deal
          • Little To No Bloating
          • 100 Servings
          • Doesnt Mix The Best

So this is Dymatize Micronized Creatine, it's been around for a long time but somehow has slipped by me. I bought this on amazon awhile back because it was a really great value, and by that I mean it lasted for a really long time based on price and effectiveness. I will buy again and again I believe just because of the value and other distinctions I'll mention below.

So I love creatine, you know? I started using it when I was about 17 I guess, in high-school and a friend of mine mentioned that a guy in our class only got big because he was using creatine. Naturally, I was interested to learn what this was and how it affected my muscles and performance in the gym. Well, this was a long time ago, but ever since then I've basically been using it on and off throughout the years. I remember when I first heard about it I read about dosing and how a loading phase could help and things of that nature, and to this day I can't tell you if it's needed. I decide not to do a loading phase just because I'm a cheap ass and I don't waste anything. Anyway like I said, I've used it on and off for awhile, from fat to lean, from lean to fit, from fit back to fat, and now from fat to moderate. I know since I'm a bigger guy now that using Creatine while trying to lose weight to not look at scales because water retention and muscle growth the scale might actually go up.

So I mean it's Creatine, I believe the ingredients list only says
          Creatine Monohydrate 5g

It's micronized Creatine monohydrate, micronized just meaning it's been finely milled into smaller Creatine particles. Creatine is used to increase muscle performance and muscle mass. I believe it's the most widely used supplement and the most researched safe supplement. It's been used forever and will continue to be for a long time in my opinion. I love it because it just works. You know what you're getting, no surprises here.

To start off with, it's unflavored, so there is no taste besides what you mix it in. I usually mixed mine with just water sometimes I'd put it in juice. It mixed okay, I know it's Creatine mono, it's not known to mix perfectly. You get a little gritty taste when doing it, but I don't mind. I just put it and drink it as soon as I do most of the time. Mine didn't come with a scoop, I seen some people said their's did, I guess you just gotta be lucky. I never did the loading phase this time around, I just didn't want to. I mixed in 5 g of Creatine twice a day usually just because I'm a bigger guy and it worked just as well as the times I had did a loading phase. Usually I drank it in the morning and then after my workout, that's just what I did, you can decide for yourself when to take it.

I believe it worked well, it's not gonna make you feel like you want to lift the whole gym up but it just gives you that extra rep or two. It increased my muscle output, I felt like after a while I was able to lift more and heavier. Also my muscles just felt fuller, I enjoy that aspect of creatine the most. I think it also helped with my recovery a bit. I just felt stronger while taking it, I looked bigger and it helped me get that extra rep in.

This is where it also shined for me, I bought 500 g, about 100 servings, for around $10 bucks on amazon. That's a really great deal to me. I actually looked and couldn't find a cheaper deal, not on amazon at least. I also googled it and $10 seems to be the cheapest price for 500 g of Dymatize Creatine when you include shipping, which is free for me on amazon. It's a really good value for 100% pure creatine mono.

Side Effects

I never had any side effects, maybe minimal bloating, if it was there I didn't notice it to be honest. No digestive issues either.

Conclusion

Creatine is great, I love it. I was just looking for the best deal and I found this. It worked well for me, with no side effects. I enjoyed using it and i'll buy it again, until something cheaper comes along anyway. For the price your getting a great value. I noticed increased reps and more strength alongside a increase in muscle output I seen an increase in muscle size.

July 6, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Excellent Endurance
          • Fully Transparent
          • Good Formula
          • Good Focus
          • Great Energy

It's a pre-workout sold exclusively by GNC I believe. It has some solid ingredients and a clear label, designed to give you energy, focus and pump.

So I'm a guy who likes to feel my pre-workout working, I want to know it's there. Sometimes I want that tingling feeling, I want explosive energy. I'm coming back to working out after a long hiatus so I need that energy, I been a couch potato for awhile. I also like caffeine more than I probably should and I like it in my pre-workout. I also basically try a new pre-workout every month just because I like variety but if I like a pre-workout i'll most likely buy it again some time down the road and that's basically where this sits for me. I feel pretty good about this one and I'll buy it again I'm sure. It's decent and reliable and that's basically all I need.

So it's got a clear label, tells you exactly what's in it, I believe the quote from the pre-workout is "If It's On Our Labels, Then It's In Our Bottles. "

CarnoSyn Beta Alanine 3.2 g **

This is responsible for that tingling feeling I was mentioning earlier, but it doesn't just give you a case of the feels, it also improves muscle perfomance and muscle power output. It improves your physical endurance. So this contains 3.2 g per serving, which is a great amount, when I researched it, it said around 2-5 g is good for pre-workouts.

Micronized Creatine (as Creatine Monohydrate) 1.5 g **

Well this is Creatine, it helps incease your muscle size and strength. I think it's one of the safest researched supplements there is out there. I believe a good dosage is around 3-5 g daily so this is a little under dosed and should be taken alongside additional Creatine.

Caffeine Anhydrous 250 mg **

I like a lot of caffeine in my pre-workout and this is a good amount for me. I used to drink a lot of energy drinks when I was younger and I need a good amount to make me feel it these days and that amount is usually around 200 to 300+ so this is decent and I can feel it.

elevATP (Ancient Peat & Apple Extract) 150 mg **

I researched this and basically it helps improve energy levels and increase muscle growth and performance, kind of similar to Creatine. It also said an effective dosage is 150 mg, which is exactly how much is in a serving of this.

NeuroFactor Coffee Fruit Extract 100 mg **

It's said to improve brain function and cognitive. I think it's responsible for the focus you get using this product.

Pump & N.O. Support 4.5 g **
            L-Citrulline ** Nitrosigine (Arginine Silicate Inositol)**
            L-Citrulline 3 g **

It helps with fatigue and soreness and it's also supposed to increase Nitric Oxide levels and increase blood flow.

Nitrosigine (Arginine Silicate Inositol) 1.5 g **

This is for your pump and I believe it helps increase your blood flow. It's also a good dosage according to the article I found.

Ok so this is one those rare pre-workouts that actually taste good! I had the gummy worm flavor and it was actually pretty good, I enjoyed it and I didn't have to chug it down. It mixed pretty well initially, but I noticed that there was some settling in the bottom of my drink, I usually mix it about 30- 60 minutes before my workout and sometimes I would let it sit a bit so maybe that's why. I mixed one full scoop in water and took it about 15 minutes before my workout and that seemed to be the perfect dosage for me. I never did more than one scoop because that's what worked for me.

So it gave me good energy levels and I need it because these days I do a lot of cardio before I lift anything and I need that boost. I liked the energy feeling it gave me and it helped me push through my cardio. It was great for energy and I liked it. When it came to focus, it helped me concentrate when I was doing cardio, I usually get bored and tend to want to just quit early and move on to something else, but I didn't find myself doing that with this. I did what I intended to and I pushed through it. Good focus, I enjoyed it, not too much focus but not too little either. So like I said before I do a lot of cardio before I hit the weights and the problem I run into is that by the time I'm done with my cardio the pre-workout tends to wear off and I never get to that pump aspect of the product but this pre-workout was decent in this category for my particular need. It wasn't so bad that I wouldn't use the product, it had just a decent pump for me and maybe it's because I wait too long to lift but I'm not sure.

So I rated this least of all 3 ratings because I'm a pretty cheap dude and that's just me but anyway the cheapest I can find this product is for $39.99, I see one for 29.99 but it has $10 shipping. It's priced pretty regular for pre-workouts to be honest, around that range, I bought this one because a cute GNC saleslady kinda pushed it in my face, but I tend to buy cheaper products. I won't rate it super low just because i'm cheap so I believe it's a little on the pricier side but decent value for what you get.

Side Effects

Tinging feeling and sort of a itching feeling, if you don't like that you might feel it so I'm just letting you know.

Conclusion

It tasted great and it worked well in what I needed it for, energy and focus with some pump on the side. What more can I ask for? I enjoyed using it and I could feel it working. Good product and it will likely enter my rotation somewhere down the road. A little pricey but you get what you pay for right, it's a reliable pre-workout and I would take it any day of the week. It also has a clear label that shows everything in the bottle. One drawback I forgot to mention that might hurt its overall rating for you is that it's only available through GNC and GNC suppliers.

6.8
              June 29, 2018

Cons:

It's a protein powder that also burns fat, I've never tried something like this but I enjoyed this one. I usually just go with the regular whey protein powder but I tried this one because of the included fat burning claim.

So I'm just getting back into working out consistently in a very long time and all these different supplements can sometimes be confusing to me. Back in the day I'd get protein, creatine and a pre-workout and i'd call it a day, that's what I'd use because it worked for me. I'm older now and I find myself trying to take more shortcuts, I guess you'd call it, to get back in shape quicker. I found this while shopping on amazon back when I was looking for some whey protein and I saw the additional fat burning claim and figured why not try to kill 2 birds with one stone. I bought this because I'm just getting back into fitness and and I could stand to lose a few lbs and the additional fat burning claim hooked me in. I do a lot of cardio myself and thought hey if this helped me lose weight quicker while giving me the protein I was looking for, it'd be worth it

Isoburn contains a prop blend which most people now a days find uncomfortable to use, but BSN has been around forever and I've used there products in the past and trust them enough. So here are the ingredients listed in their blend.

Green Coffee Extract (seed) (50% Chlorogenic acid),

I believe this is used for reducing appetite and for its ingredient Chlorogenic acid, which is believed to be responsible for its weight loss effects.

LeptiCore Proprietary Blend: [Gum Arabic, Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum (Ceratonia siliqua),
              Blue-Green Algae Extract, Beta-Carotene and Pomegranate Extract (fruit)],

I tried to research this and it's basically a bunch of ingredients that could potentially be helpful and useful to people wanting to lose weight.

L-Carnitine Tartrate, Choline Bitartrate, and Banaba Extract (Lagerstroemia speciosa L.) (leaf) (18% Corosolic acid) (GlucoHelp)

L-Carnitine is an amino acid used for burning fat and increasing performance/and or endurance in the gym. When I researched it, it also had some interesting side effects in sexual realm. But there are also articles that say there's not much scientific research proving any of these claims, so it's up to how effective the product is for you as a whole.

The only other ingredient I was interested in was Whey Protein Isolate and it has around 20g per serving

You may also be interested to know that this product is decaffeinated.

So I had the Strawberry Milkshake flavor, to be honest the only reason this flavor because I believe it was like $5-$10 cheaper than any other flavor, I'm not really sure why but I figured, hey I love strawberries. Anyways it actually tasted really good, no complaints with taste here, I really enjoyed it, I was actually looking forward to drinking it. I forgot to mention, I mixed this with milk in a blender, sometimes adding various fruits or peanut butter or even at times chocolate syrup. The only problem I had with this was the smell of it. The taste was great but for some reason the smell of the powder itself before I put it in the blender was very strong and I don't know how to describe it but it wasn't strawberries and it was really strong. I didn't really have to put up with it though because I just threw it in the blender and it went away so I won't take points off of it for that. It mixed really well also, no chunks in it or settling at the bottom. Very smooth drink, just like a milkshake. Mixed great everytime. So I mixed one full scoop of powder usually in the morning and then sometimes I would even do another middle of the day or at night just because it tasted good and I wanted one. I guess you could do another if you wanted more protein, I never went more than one scoop though.

Well, during the time I used this I did lose weight but I can't be entirely sure if it was because of this or my exercise alone. It's hard to say but I believe it helped at least and I enjoyed drinking them so I would buy again. I guess you could say it didn't hurt and maybe it did help some, I believe at very least it helped me feel full and sometimes I would drink this instead of a snack at night so that's good.

So the cheapest I found this was for $23.99 and I would say thats a good price for what you're getting. Good value, not bad at all. I would buy again for this price. I believe you get 20 servings, so thats a little more than $1 per serving, I'd definitely pay that.

Side Effects

I'm glad to report I didn't experience any side effects while using this.

Conclusion

It tasted great, just like a milkshake and I enjoyed using this product. It contains whey protein isolate plus ingredients that are supposed to aid in reducing appetite and weight loss. I did a lot of cardio while using this product so I can't say for sure if it was super effective or not but it was very tasty and it gave me protein I wanted and it made me feel full when drinking. It was also a great replacement instead of eating bad for me snacks, which is a problem for me. All that being said I would buy again for the price, taste, and ingredient profile alone.

June 25, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • 25 Grams Of Protein
              • Good For Drinking On The Go
              • Mixes Well
              • Variety Of Flavors
              • Vitamins And Minerals

I bought this product looking for a meal replacement that also included a decent amount of protein and I needed something that would keep me full. I really enjoyed this product, it tasted great and I might buy it again. I got a limited addition flavor called snickerdoodle and it tasted really good. This product is made by GNC and its part of a series called total lean, this one with the addition of around an extra 16g of protein than the original total lean shake.

So I've taken a couple different meal replacements in my day and i'm a pretty big guy so usually what they lack for me is the ability to actually make me feel full, this one made me feel full everytime. Most of the time I didn't the feel the need to snack afterwards. I wanted protein in my meal replacement and this one with 25g of protein stuck out for me. It was by a well known brand and it also had low calories per serving. I need the low calories because I was at the time on a calorie deficit and trying everything I could to lose additional weight. I didn't take this alone but I included cardio training and exercise on a regular basis so what worked for me, may not work for you if your not doing the same. I have a problem with snacking, and it usually occurs for me during the middle of the day and late at night. What helped for me was instead of snacking, I'd drink one of these shakes. They helped me stay away from unnecessary snack food calories and fat, which has been a big issue for me. In case anyone is interested in exactly what I was doing exercise wise while taking this shake, it usually included an hour long cardio routine a day, mostly consisting of around a mile jog on treadmill and elliptical.

So the main ingredients I was looking for in a meal replacement was protein, low calories and carbs, but I'll list them all anyway in case anyone is interested.

Protein - 25g per serving
                This is the reason I chose this meal replacement instead of the original one, it has a lot more protein and I needed that because at the time I wasn't using any standalone protein. It's a decent amount and a decent addition to total lean series.

Calories - 180 per serving
                I wanted low calories, it's what I needed at the time, and this provided it perfectly. Good amount for replacing small meals or as I needed to replace snacking. Typically from my experience meal replacement shakes tend to be at around 200-400 per serving, this one is a bit below that but I didn't really use it too often to replace whole meals like lunch or dinner, sometimes I did for breakfast.

Total Carbohydrate - 19g per serving
                This is a pretty good amount if your on a low carb diet. I believe I read somewhere that even if your on a keto diet your allowed around 50g of total carbs a day, so I'd guess you'd really have to watch the rest of your meals if your taking this once or twice a day.

Here's the rest of the ingredients in case you are interested.

Total Sugars 3g
                Molybdenum 15 mcg
                Folic Acid 80
                Iodine 30 mcg **
                Manganese 0.5 mg **

So I had the limited edition snickerdoodle flavor, I bought it straight from gnc and it was really tasty. I loved the flavor and if I ordered again, I'd probably just stick to this one rather than trying a new one. This meal replacement mixed so well it actually surprised me, I'd add milk to it and it was actually like a milk shake. It was smooth and mixed very well I loved it. Sometimes I'd put peanut butter in mine, or fruit like bananas and strawberries then throw it in a blender, came out great every time. I never mixed it with water like it says on the container, I'd always use milk. So in terms of dosage, I'd add two scoops in a blender with milk and whatever extra I wanted in it usually twice a day. Sometimes I'd drink it for breakfast, sometimes I'd drink it as a snack, just whenever I felt hungry. I tried one scoop only when I first got it because I like to save as much as I can so it lasts longer but two scoops mixed a lot better and it made me a lot fuller. I never had any settling at the bottom either, it was like drinking a real milkshake and it tasted great.

It did exactly what I wanted it to, it made me full as meal replacement and I had no problems with it. I lost a good amount of weight using this in conjunction with daily exercise and a low calorie diet. It included a good amount of protein, low calories, low carbs and it filled me up and that's what I was looking for so I have no complaints at all when it came to effectiveness.

So the cheapest price I found on this was 39.99 and right now it's buy one get one 50% off so I'd say thats a very good value. I usually pay around $40 for meal replacements and this hit that spot exactly but with the addition of the 50% for an extra one, it's seems really good. I might actually buy another two now that I seen this deal. You get around 32 servings if you go with one scoop or 16 servings if you use two at a time, this is right in line with most other meal replacements I've used.

Side Effects

Sometimes with these meal replacements you get side effects like bloating or upset stomach but I never really experienced any with this product I'm glad to say.

Conclusion

It's great product and it works exactly like it says. My main concern when buying this meal replacement was that in the past, others wouldn't make me feel full enough and I'd still want to snack. This product made me feel full every time and I loved that. It had more extra protein than the original total lean shake at 25g and that was a great addition. I think GNC hit the nail on the spot with this product and I'm probably gonna buy it again in the future. I used this product while I was trying to lose weight and was on a low calorie diet. In conjunction with daily cardio training and exercise I lost weight like I wanted and it worked as it stated it would and that's all I can really ask in a meal replacement. This was a great buy and it was a pretty good value.