ethanmtt

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+27)
  • Member has been active for 4 months, and was last online this week
  • Member has only posted 2 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by ethanmtt

Overall
Overall
6.9
  September 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Decreased DOMS
  • Could Use A Higher EAA Dosing

I have Been using Amino acids from different companies for over a year now and I still firmly believe in their effectiveness, this supplement hasn't changed my opinion on the subject. Decent flavor, good formula, if you can find it on sale I say go for it.

Outbreak Nutrition has their own spin on supplement marketing and honestly I love it. They went all in with this post-apocalyptic theme and they are sticking to it. From glow in the dark labels,to comics, to backstories for every product, they went in 100% and I can appreciate their dedication in that respect. Don't let the marketing fool you into believing this is a gimmick company though, almost all of their products have a solid formula and i look forward to trying more of their product line in the future. Antidote is their amino/recovery product and as far as i can tell it works as good if not better than any other.

5g BCAAs: Your classic BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) in the studied 2:1:1 ratio in their studies dosage of 5 grams. There are loads of studies out there and even more subjective evidence behind BCAAs so i will be brief. They help in muscle protein synthesis with less calories than straight up protein but do not think that BCAAs are 0 calorie regardless of what the label says (you don't get energy for nothing, thats just physics). They can also help relieve Delayd onset muscle soreness or DOMS.some people are still on the fence about BCAAs but I have worked out with them and without them, and they help with my recovery times.

6g Dextrose: This is just straight up, six grams of sugar. Some people might be adverse to having carbs intra-workout if they are fasted or keto, but for the average gym goer you will probably burn those carbs just doing your warm up cardio. I like a little extra carbs and have no problem getting them wherever i can so i dont think they detract anything from the supplement and only add to it's usefulness in my eyes.

1g EAAs: these are not your traditional 3 BCAAS, but they are amino acids your body can't produce itself so therefor you must get them from a proper diet or from supplements. Honestly this is where the formula falls short because I like to get 3 or more grams of EAAs in a good EAA formula. Granted, most people will get these from a proper diet or even your post workout shake but if I can get more I'd rather have more.

50mg Actigin: this is an ingredient that I know little about but research shows that it had great muscle building and recovery benefits when mixed with carbs like they have in this formula. Only time will tell if this ingredient holds up but as far as I can tell it is a solid dose and it seems to work for me.

As I've already stated, the dosing of EAAs lower than I'd like but the rest of the ingredients are dosed right at where they should be. As someone who drinks a lot of amino acids all day i don't need them to be over dosed. No complaints on the mixability of this supplement, not grainy, but not perfectly in solution.
Finally I will get to the taste. I got a great deal on the grape flavor and from what I can tell it was such a good price for a reason. This is not to say that it was bad, i just hear nothing but rave reviews on the strawberry margarita flavor. Grape is a good flavor, kind of a good middle ground between candy grape flavor and a grape juice flavor. It isn't quite a grape soda flavor, but with some ice it is very good.

Recovery supplements are hard to gauge effectiveness due to the fact that they have no acute effects. The main reason people feel a difference is because they stop taking a recovery supplement and just feel more sore than when they were on it. I have not experienced this with this specific supplement because I am taking some other amino acid supplements throughout the day. In my experience all of these ingredients can help your body recover so if you get a chance to use this supplement feel free to comment your personal experiences. I believe in all of the ingredients here and believe they could definitely help you recover and get back in the gym quicker.

This stuff can be very expensive if you get it straight from the manufacture, but you do get 60 actual servings per tub. I managed to get a buy one get one free from tigerfitness ( only the grape flavor) and got 120 servings for only forty dollars. If you can find a good deal, discount, or discount code i recommend getting some antidote, just maybe get the strawberry flavor because it sounds awesome.

Side Effects

As with most amino supplements, there are no side effects to speak of unless you don't want any sugar in your diet.

Conclusion

I got a really good deal on this supplement so I really have nothing to complain about. It seems to work and it tastes just fine, i wouldn't spend an arm and a leg on this supplement and it isn't really a fully dosed intra-workout, but as a "sippin" amino to drink throughout the day it is a solid formula. If the formula or the brand peaks your interest pick up a tub and see how you feel. I hope this review was helpful, it is my second of many so if you have any constructive critisism or anything to add based on your experience please feel free to comment.

August 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Awesome Formula
  • Pretty Strong Initial Crash

I am a 22 year old college student who spends six days a week in the gym. I am by no means a professional athlete or lifter, but i am learning. That being said I have done loads of research on the supplements that I choose to take and this is hands down one of my favorites.

Muscle Force is a little known company that showed up on my social media one day and peaked my interest. Their products seem to be for the more hardcore users and with my stimulant tolerance going up and up I decided to give them a try. I started with their sample packs of Defiant and was so impressed that I bought the whole tub plus their pump formula, that I will do a separate review on.

This is a very stim heavy formula as you will see so if you don't think you can handle it you may want to turn back now.
-L-Citrulline Malate 2:1: 6g- This is a solid dose of citrulline at 3 grams (2:1 ratio) and has become an industry standard. My body reacts well to citrulline alone so this dose gives me a solid pump on its own but I'll reiterate, they do have a pump formula that stacks well with this pre-workout. There isn't much I can say on this ingredient that hasn't been said before it increases the N.O levels in your body and adds to vascularity and pump. If you react well with citrulline malate then you know if this is a good dose for you personally.

-Beta-Alanine 3.2g- Anyone who has taken beta alanine before knows what it feels like, thankfully they put a full clinical dose in here because I love the "tingles." It slows the build up of lactic acid in muscles, delays the feeling of soreness, and adds a sense of urgency to your workout. This isn't the patented Carnosyn version of Beta alanine but I don't find it lacking in any way because of that.

-Choline Bitartrate 97%: 1g- A whopping 970mg of choline is quite the dose and one of my favorite ingredients out there. I will take choline where ever i can because I love the focused in the zone effect it gives me. It is a precursor to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that aids in focus and memory recall found in a lot of stim heavy pre-workouts and nootropics. There are proven long term cognitive enhancing effects when taking choline every day so I like to see it in my pre-workouts as much as possible.

-Red Beet Powder: 500mg- This is a nitric oxide booster that I personally don't have much information on but if this pre-workout is any indicator of its effectiveness I will say that it works rather well seeing as there are only 2 pump ingredients in here. Many people who are looking for a pump using more natural ingredients enjoy using red beet root powder.

-N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: 350mg- This ingredient has been said to aid in focus and take the edge off of heavy stimulants and I'd say that it does it's job. I have taken a lot of pre-workouts that are just jittery and jumpy but I find that this ingredient really rounds this formula off smoothly and allows you to focus on your sets without having your heart jump out of your chest
-Methylxanthine Anhydrous: 350mg- Don't be scared by the long complicated name, it's caffeine, and a hefty dose of it at that. We all know what that wonderful caffeine molecule does and we all know our limit, and I would say that 350 is right there at my limit. Anything above 350 really makes me jittery and nervous and can sometimes even make me feel tired. If anything I would like to see the caffeine brought down to 300mg and see the DMHA bumped up a little bit more.

-Glucuronolactone: 300mg- This is an ingredient usually used in energy drinks and it works synergistically with caffeine to prolong it's effects. I really don't know much more about it but I can attest to this pre-workout lasting Four or five hours after the actual workout so i would say that this ingredient is working in full effect.

-Eria Jarensis Extract: 100mg- This is one of my favorite ingredients on this list, it enhances the feel of the other stimulants and gives you what I can only describe as a "high." I experience some really great mood elevation and cognitive enhancement whenever I take anything with eria in it and this is no different. If you ever got the chance to take the O.G. Total War formula then you know what I mean.

-2-aminoisoheptane: 100mg- Good ole' DMHA. One of my favorite stimulant/mood enhancers, it gets you hyped up with out the crash of DMAA and just gets you motivated to go and move some weight. I don't recommend taking it every day just because of the tolerance build up but i do love my DMHA supplements. If you haven't taken DMHA before this may be a good place to start because 100mg isn't a massive dose like what you will find in other pre-workouts and it really works well with the caffeine
-Cymbidium Extract 4:1: 100mg- Another stimulant in this formula that we don't normally see but there are claims that it is 3 times stronger than DMAA. While i cannot attest to these claims, I do know how this pre-workout feels and the stimulants seem to work synergistically and give me just the right amount of push to set PR's and stay in the gym longer.

-Huperzine A 1%: 300mcg- Another nootropic ingredient and precursor to acetylcholine, huperzine A increases mental focus and when combined with choline really gives you that tunnel vision, motivated feeling. while this certainly isn't the largest huperzine A dose that ive seen it works in conjunction with the Choline to really help you get in the zone.

As far as I can tell, none of these ingredients are under dosed and they seem to work really well together to deliver all the energy, focus, motivation, and pump you need to finish out any workout you can throw at it. If you feel like you need even more stimulants they have another pre-workout that is even more powerful, I just personally find it to be a little too much.

Taste: The only flavor i can attest to is the snow cone flavor, and it is wonderful. It is kind of a mix of bomb pop and mixed berry, really hard to describe but it taste like a snow cone you would buy from the fair and I can't get enough of it. Seriously with the amount of stimulants in this i expected it to taste terrible but i would drink this all day if, you know I didn't need sleep or anything like that. If you are one of those users where taste is really important it is worth giving Defiant a try.
Mixability: there is a slight "grainyness" to it if you don't use enough water but I like to use 12-14oz of water with my pre-workout because I know I'm about to sweat my ass off.
Dosing: I would like to see some Arginine or Nitrosigine for an extended pump, but it seems as though the ingredients included are all at their proper doses. There are certainly higher dosed pre-workouts out there but this one tends to hit my sweet spot.

This is where the fun begins. Drink this on your way to the gym and about 20 minuter later everything really starts to kick in. I find myself pushing 2 hour workouts without even realizing it and forcing myself to leave the gym because I know that I will keep going and my body will hate me the next day. I have set multiple PR's on this pre and will hopefully continue to do so. When taking Defiant i experience what I can only describe as a "second wind," about an hour into my workout I will find myself smiling uncontrollably. It may sound silly but the mood elevation aspect of this formula kicks in and you are just happy, happy to be in the gym, happy to be lifting weights, just happy in general. I believe i can attribute this to the eria jarenesis because I have had other DMHA based pre-workouts that made me angry and this is quite the opposite. That being said, if you are looking for an angry, tear up the gym pre-workout, this may not be for you. If you are looking for a mood elevating pre that gets you motivated in the gym, Defiant may be what you're looking for.
The "fun" doesn't stop at the gym though, this pre-workout has a strong lasting effect that carries over for four or five hours after your workout. I found myself showing up to work, post workout with energy and motivation to spare. All of that happiness and mood elevation felt during the workout was still there and i used it to get a lot if work done at my actual job. To put it into perspective, it almost feels like i finished my workout and then took a double serving of some nootropic formula before showing up at my job. There is a pretty strong crash involved after all this happy energy, but I will talk more on that in the side effect section of the review.

It retails for 40$ for 30 servings which is kind of the industry standard for more stim heavy pre-workouts, but if you get the stack with the pump formula as well and use the Fitnessdealnews coupon you can get the stack for only 56$ which i feel is beyond reasonable for such a powerful formula. Even without the coupon I still feel that 40$ is a reasonable price for the formula.

Side Effects

If i am being fully honest with you guys the first few times i took this supplement i crashed HARD. I took a full serving of defiant around 6 am, finished my workout by 8, got to work at around 10 and I was flying high and running around work getting chores done and by the time noon came around I just felt drained or that I just needed a nap. My coworkers even noticed my drop in mood and energy and asked what was wrong. I contribute this mostly to the Eria, which has been known to cause a crash and it was something that my body wasn't accustomed to. Now like i said this was only the first 2 or three times, once my body got used to the active ingredients I experienced the crash less and less. As with any of these Stimulant heavy pre-workouts,you have to be careful and know your limits if you workout out at night because the caffeine and DMHA will stay in your system for 4 or 5 hours and you will be unable to sleep. I only use defiant for morning or afternoon workouts, anything later than that and I like to use a non-stimulant pump formula by itself.

Conclusion

This is my first of (hopefully) many reviews so I hope y'all were able to get through it and appreciate it. If you can't tell, I love this product and fully recommend it to anyone looking to get motivated in the gym. Solid dosing, solid effectiveness, great taste, i cant recommend it enough. If you read that ingredient list and though that it wasn't enough just remember this is Muscleforce's weaker pre-workout, they have an even stronger formula available if you have a really high tolerance. Thanks so much for reading and I hope this review helps someone out there make an informed purchase.