eddiev2

• Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since March, 2016

Reviews by eddiev2

Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  December 4, 2015

• Dyes Galore
  • A Little Expensive
  • Not Enough BCAAs Per Serving
This is going to be the quickest review I've ever, and probably will ever, do considering the product and its results.

Honestly, it's just a mash of a bunch of different things inside of proprietary blends. Simply boiled down, this is an amino, not a BCAA product, with 100mg of caffeine; this is basically a coffee replacement. The difference between amino acid and BCAA products is that one simply supplies varying aminos while BCAA products have a goal of spiking insulin through gluconeogenesis to spare muscle tissue, spike muscle protein synthesis, or further spike muscle protein synthesis.

Watermelon - 5/10

Don't make me drink that. It was artificial tasting, and not desirable.

It's a drink meant to taste good and be a replacement for coffee. It doesn't do a great job at tasting good, unfortunately.

You can get this at most places for $30, or a dollar a serving. This is acceptable for a preworkout that increases performance, but not a simple amino drink with caffeine. Especially when coffee tastes better.

Side Effects

Actually, heartburn was a side-effect. Never had that before.

Conclusion

It's just something I would never recommend to anyone for the price, the taste, or even what it provides. Sorry Cellucor :/

Overall
Thanks to Primeval Labs for sending it out!
  August 26, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gained Weight
  • Tendinitis Started To Heal
  • Strength Increase
  • Titanium Dioxide Filler
Thank you Primeval Labs for giving a few of us the opportunity to try Super Osta out. It was my first Osta run and it was my pleasure to run it.

My goal with this was a bit different than the norm; I wanted to see how it was with in a bulking run while trying to see how well it healed my joints (specifically my shoulder tendinitis) at the same time.

For anyone that doesn't know, Ostarine is a unique PH that, according to the Primeval website:

"Ostarine is classified as a SARM (selective androgen receptor modulator). In many ways, SARMS are far superior to prohormones and anabolic steroids. While both SARMS and AAS (anabolic-androgenic steroids) promote anabolism, SARMS do so in a very novel way.

Ostarine binds to the androgen receptors and alters the gene-transcription in muscle tissue without causing hair loss, acne, prostate enlargement, and other unwanted side effects associated with anabolic steroids."

Women are said to be able to take Ostarine as well due to there not being any androgenic effects (hair-loss, pimples, etc.)

Pretty simple here; it's in the name.

BUT I absolutely HATE the inclusion of carcinogens in my supplements, and I did not appreciate the titanium dioxide as a filler. It may not be in high amounts, but I just don't appreciate it in something I choose to take, not have to.

Each capsule had 10mg of Ostarine in it. The instructions insisted on taking 1-3 a day. I ended up taking 20mg a day before my workouts every morning after doing some research so that it could last me 6 weeks. Pretty simple.

These are the claims:

Benefits of SUPER OSTA
Versatile compound for bulking or cutting
Effective recompositioning agent
Powerful muscle building compound
Enhance recovery and muscle repair

I'm very lean as it is, so I wasn't looking for a recomp. It was a straight bulk. A quick, lean bulk while healing my shoulder tendinitis. For 30 days, I felt NOTHING. I was really disappointed. Not even a little improvement in my shoulder. In fact, it felt awful. I could barely eat any calories and I had gained about a pound or two back from what I had lost of the 7 pounds pre-Osta. I started to kind of feel it in week 5, but that last week of the run, oh man did it feel good! I got hungry, stronger, and had some pretty good workouts. My shoulder actually started to feel better too. It was the first time I had actually felt anything from this. I wish I had a couple of weeks left in my supply to see how far it would take me.

I think the 90 pills is more for cutting than bulking as 20mg (2 pills) didn't affect me until late in the run.

8.5/10
It's a good value for cutting, but if you're bulking, I do wish that it contained 2 more weeks at 20mg to really give you a full 8 week run and 2 weeks of awesomeness.

Side Effects

None whatsoever.

Conclusion

This was a solid product and I highly recommend it. At $50, it's up there with the cost of other PHs and well worth the value. It's safe, effective, doesn't require a PCT, can be a PCT itself, and can fit any regimen, cutting or bulking. I'm going to say it again though, PLEASE LEAVE OUT TITANIUM DIOXIDE. :)

Thanks for reading SR! Oh, and GO PATS!

Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  August 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Bad Value
  • Not That Effective
  • Artificial Taste
As always, thanks to the Ronnie Coleman brand for providing us TROOPers with the wonderful opportunity of reviewing your item. It was a pleasure.

I hate prop blends. I wish I knew how much was in everything. Another thing I don't like in products which we pay quite a bit for is artificial colorings like Red #40, which has been banned in other countries. Please use real food coloring from beets if you need to make the product red. If you don't, please omit the coloring completely, because I really don't care what color the powder is.

The main ingredients in...

The main ingredients in here are Citrulline & HICA. HICA is supposed to improve recovery and be anabolic by improving muscle protein synthesis in a similar way to Leucine; it's a somewhat (within the last few years) new kid on the block. It hasn't really taken off, however. The dosage of HICA is supposed to be at least around 500mg, this is well below that, unfortunately.

The Citrulline in this is seriously underdosed as well at 1.5g, and so is the Agmatine at 500mg, but the real question is, does this product work with this blend? Scroll down to find out!

Strawberry Watermelon - I received this flavor. It sounds like I'd love it, but it was just another powder drink; it tasted artificial and really wasn't pleasant to drink. It didn't taste bad per-se, but it wasn't something I wanted. I ended up just putting the powder on my tongue instead of drinking it.

I did notice some pump, but definitely nothing major. It was average at best and nothing more. I saw a few people tried 2 scoops and this was better, but I only did 1-1.5 and it wasn't anything special. If you had a preworkout to add this onto, it's better, but even then it didn't do very much.

Honestly, because the effectiveness wasn't so great, $27, the cheapest I've found this for is expensive for 30 servings. If you need at least 2 scoops or to add it onto a preworkout, it really isn't something I'd buy at that price. I'd opt for a different pump product or something that delivers more of a pump and vascularity for this price, and this price, I've had much better success with other products.

None!

Conclusion

This is a decent product, but that's it, decent. It definitely needs a bit more to make me a buyer. I understand on the bottle it says to try the max of 2 scoops, but I'm not going to buy this at $27 and two scoop it to get it down to $1.35/serving. That's a steep price to pay for only a decent pump and something without beta-alanine or anything else in it. I hope I wasn't harsh, but it's my opinion :)

Thanks for reading SR!

Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 11, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps DOMS
  • Delays Fatigue
  • Increased Recovery
  • Helps Hydration
  • Easy To Scoop
  • Dyes
  • A Bit Pricey
I want to sincerely thank the 5% Nutrition team for allowing us TROOPers to test out their products. All Day You May was something different, and it really was a pleasure.

I've attached an image of the profile below. It's a big one, and an impressive one.

This BCAA supplement has a 10:1:1 ratio of Leucine : Isoleucine : Valine. We all know that Leucine is the driver behind Muscle Protein Synthesis and the anabolic trigger, but Isoluecine and Valine are important as well; Isoleucine is used in the Krebs cycle for energy (it's the reason you take creatine) through gluconeogenesis (it basically breaks down the amino acid into glucose). Valine is said to aid muscles, but I've never found a scientific reason as to why. Anyway, this basically has none of Isoleucine and Valine, but if you've eaten within the last 4 hours, this won't matter. If you haven't and are working out fasted, this won't give you much energy. If it does, it's not promoting muscle growth as much and is using the amino acids for energy instead by converting Leucine into glucose.

K enough of that talk. This has 6 grams of its BCAA blend, and with it being a 10:1:1 ratio, that means we have a massive 5 grams of Leucine and 500mg of Isoleucine and Valine. Now, I'm not a fan of 10:1:1 ratios, but this gives you enough Leucine to raise your insulin and make you feel full! That's how you know it's working.

Now, on to the crazy amount of extras they put in here.

Highlights: N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) - 100 - 150mg, Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn) - 500mg, Creatinol-O-Phosphate (CopMax) - 1g, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 100 - 150mg, HICA - ?? probably somewhere around 500mg, Bromelain - less than HICA, MicroDried Blueberry Fruit Powder - less than Bromelain, D-Glucosamine Sulfate Potassium - 300mg or so, MSM - 300mg or less

- NAC in at least 600mg in here would have been amazing. For it to do anything, you need it to be at 600mg for a maintenance number and 2.4g for some liver detoxification and for quickly raising the most powerful and underrated anti-oxidant in your body, Glutathione. So I was really disappointed in how they sprinkled that in here.

- They actually used CarnoSyn here which is impressive. 500mg was enough to give me the tingles after drinking my pre a little while before.

- Creatinol-O-Phosphate (CopMax) has been hypothesized to increase endurance by relaxing your muscles and allowing blood to move freely from and to your heart (as well as other areas). This hasn't been studied in decades, but it's a recent trend, and you know what? I feel the difference when I take it. My endurance is increased slightly or majorly depending on whether I've eaten beforehand. Is 1g enough? No idea, but I think that's the typical bro-science dose that's going around (they've used around 30mg/kg by IV in studies).

- The HICA in here is about where it should be at for it being an additive, and that's impressive, really impressive. It's not even listed on the front as a selling point.

- The rest of the ingredients I listed in the highlights are nice as an enzyme, anti-oxidant, and joint supplements, but they're nothing special (and the joint supps are at too low a dosage) and really didn't do anything for me. They're nice to have, however. So I can appreciate those extra ingredients.

**** I hate the dyes, so in the future, please companies, use something else to naturally dye your products. Be innovative in this area or just make the powder white. I really don't care what color it is if it tastes good. Dyes do us no good and may or may not harm us in the long-run.

Mango Pineapple - taste wasn't great (and this is my favorite flavor), but it wasn't bad either. I'd give it an 8/10.

This did the job of working as a BCAA product should. It made me full when I drank it, and that only happens when a BCAA product contains enough Leucine to do so. This does.

Claims are:

- Recover Faster (I've never had a problem with this, so I can't comment on if I did or not, but with some HICA and enough Leucine, it should be enhancing recovery; the glutamine won't do much unless you are truly deficient in protein)

- Grow Quicker (I guess if your nutrition isn't up to par, then increasing MPS through the amount of Leucine in this will do that)

- Minimize Fatigue (it for sure gave me a boost an energy)

- Repair Joints (not enough of MSM and Glucosamine in here to anywhere near make this claim valid, and it did nothing for my joints)

- Digest Food Better (I doubt the tiny bit of Bromelain would do that for you; it didn't for me. If you have a problem digesting food, you're gonna need much more than that)

- Safeguard Your Liver (they're talking about the NAC here, but the 100-150mg isn't gonna do a damn thing for you as I pointed out earlier)

- Stay Healthy (I'm assuming they're referring to the MicroDried Blueberry Fruit Powder; this will not keep you healthy... Eat right and take care of yourself)

- Immune Strengthening (My guess is they're referring to both the NAC and Blueberry here; again, not enough of either to affect you in any way)

The reason I rated this a 9/10 is because if you took out all of the claims and the fluff, the bottom-line is it's a BCAA product that does what it's supposed to do if you knew only that. It has a great amount of Leucine per serving, and the 10:1:1 ratio worked well for me.

7.8/10

7.8 wtf? I know, I know. I just couldn't rate it an 8. It's a BCAA supplement and really not necessary in anyone's regiment. Take care of yourself; eat right, workout, and sleep well. I honestly only get a BCAA supp if it's around $.5-.7/serv because it's just nice to have on hand if I haven't had anything to eat and don't want anything to bog me down. The price was once expensive, but I can see at IllPumpYouUp, they've not got this for around $1.03/serv + shipping. They're are others out there that are cheaper, but they either don't taste as good or have much less Leucine or both.

At this price, it's actually worth a buy if you're looking for a BCAA supplement and has good value.

Side Effects

Muscles grew too fast. Hahaha just kidddiing. None.

Conclusion

8.5/10

There's a lot of fluff and bad claims due to the underdosing, but you know what, at a decent price, who cares? The bottom line is that this products comes at a good value, has a great 5g of Leucine, and tastes pretty good. It's definitely in my short "would buy" list. Great product 5% Nutrition! I'll be looking out for others under your brand name in the future as well.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  July 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Taste Great
  • Focus
  • Comprehensive Profile
Thank you SO much, NutraBio, for allowing us to try and review your new preworkout! It was a pleasure!

I always post the ingredients, but copying and pasting it from their PDF brings in awful formatting that I just don't want to format, soooo http://www.nutrabio.com/product/pre/ there's the profile. It's massive and impressive. This literally has everything you could ask for (except for AMP :( ) Huge props for no proprietary blend. I love you for this.

Highlights: 3.5 grams of Leucine to promote MPS before your workout and 6 grams of Citrulline, along with some agmatine, actual CarnoSyn brand beta-alanine, and a bunch of focus ingredients (including 350mg of caffeine).

I had the Raspberry Lemonade flavor. While I'm not particularly fond of any type of lemonade, it actually grew on me towards the end. It wasn't too sweet, but more tart like lemonade typically is. It wasn't amazing, but it was pretty good.

Honestly, with an ingredient profile like this, I expected a 9.5/10, but it just didn't hit like I thought it would. I'm not sure if it was the 350mg of caffeine or what, but I barely got a pump off of this. I expected to feel the pump quick like some other products I've tried in the past, but I never got it.

The energy and endurance off Pre V3 was very good, however. I didn't crash or run out of energy during my 2 hour sessions, which hasn't been the case with other products. The Pikatropin mood/focus enhancing ingredients really did help in this area, because having this much caffeine/stims in other products tends to hit you and leave you either stressed or crashing during your hard and long workouts. Focus was fantastic as well; I caught myself blankly staring into the mirror and at people during my rests. With this stuff...man, I was in the zone! Seriously almost reaching AMP levels.

Price: Pre V3 costs $39.99 + $6.24 shipping on NutraBio's site as well as on Amazon (again, through NutraBio).
Servings: 20
Price/Workout: $2.31

Now for anyone that knows me, I think $1+/workout is a territory where you really have to ask yourself, is it worth it? This would have to be the best workout I've ever had with insane pumps, endurance, strength, and focus; it needs to be a 10/10 in every category. This wasn't the case, unfortunately. I personally think that no one should have to spend this much on a pre. Instead, get your nutrition right. This honestly didn't do much better than the cheaper, even no artificial coloring, preworkouts out there. I understand quality, but value is value, and this stuff is expensive.

Side Effects

Sadly, there was a side effect to this; toilet problems. I always had to wait another 20 minutes after taking Pre V3 because it ran right through me. I've never had this problem before, and don't really know what to attribute it to, but it was a side effect that wasn't too pleasant.

Conclusion

7.0/10
I would rate it higher, but I'm factoring value into the equation, not just the effectiveness (7/10 because it's the average of 6 and 8). For how effective this was, it isn't worth the price. If this was $1.25/workout, I'd definitely bump it's rating and buy it again, but unfortunately, I won't be buying it again merely because of its price.

Breakdown:
- Awesome Focus
- OK Pump
- Good Energy and Endurance
- 3.5g of Leucine

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  July 15, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Inflammation
  • Great Profile
  • Definite Increase In Joint Health
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • High Montly Price
So my right shoulder has been nagging me with some serious tendonitis for a couple of years now. The only thing stopping me from fully healing it is refusing to take time off, but I am serious about healing it now. I've taken UC-II (an ingredient in this) by itself in the past, but it didn't do much, if anything at all. I take Orange Triad with its MSM and Glucosamine daily, and used to take Osteo Biflex Triple Strength daily, but neither have done much to help my shoulder. I was eager to see what this would do.

Just to mention, I eat a primal type of diet that is very anti-inflammatory in nature to try and help things like this.

9/10 (10/10 if they included at least 1g of KollaGen II-xs)

The ingredients are as follows:

Supplement Facts
Serving size: 4 capsules
Servings per container: 30
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 120 mg 200%*
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 2000 IU 500%*
Manganese 10 mg 500%* (as TRAACS manganese bisglycinate chelate)
Potassium 240 mg 6%*
Sodium 30 mg <2%*
Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCI (vegan) 1500 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate USP 540 mg (low molecular weight) (bovine) (sodium salt)
OptiMSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 500 mg
Gelatin 442 mg (hydrolyzed and fractionally hydrolyzed)
Meriva Turmeric Phytosome 200 mg
(Curcuma Longa Rhizome/Glycine Max Soybeans) (standardized to 18%-22% Curcuminoids)
KollaGen II-xs Collagen Type II 200 mg
ApresFlex 100 mg (Boswellia Serrata Extract) [(standardized for 20% AKBA (Acetyl-11-Keto-B-Boswellic Acid)]
Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg Horsetail Herb S.E. 100 mg (standardized for 7% silica)
BioPerine 5 mg (Black Pepper Extract) (standardized to 95% piperine)
Boron (as boron citrate) 3 mg
Other Ingredients: gelatin capsule

Everything here is in its top-end form. The main ingredient here is KollaGen II-xs which is a Type-II collagen product which is the new buzz in the tendonitis market.

"The study results showed that KollaGen II-xs when taken at a dosage of 375mg 500mg twice per day appears to benefit joint inflammation, secondary mobility and other tertiary effects. KollaGen II-xs taken at a dosage of 1500 mg - 2500 mg daily significantly reduced pain and inflammatory response." - from http://www.certifiednutra.com/products-kollagen_IIxs.php (their website)

While some are not at clinical dosages which may deter some, it's all still part of a bigger picture in which each ingredient is supposed to work together to reduce inflammation and give your body actual collagen so that it can replenish and repair damaged tendon (and other similar tissues) sites.

The capsules go down pretty easily.

One thing I must mention is that I took all four pills at once and 4 hours after my latest meal and one hour before any other meal, unlike what Nutrabio says to do which is take the capsules with meals. The only thing I've seen to do that with is Boswella Extract, which is water soluble anyway, so you don't need a meal. I guess a meal would just make everything easier on the stomach, but I still had no problems taking this when I got up in the morning, before breakfast, or in the middle of the night when I had to get up and go to the bathroom. I followed this dosing protocol because of KollaGen II-xs, gelatin, and other collagen studies that state that they were taken on an empty stomach so that the fully formed collagen can be broken down into its amino acids and be taken up into cartilage sites without other amino acids interfering with them and altering the structure, or forms, of these amino acids. Supposedly, when the body seems them in a certain way, it knows to use them for anything that needs collagen.

As stated before, I've taken a Type II collagen product at its clinical dosage (Now Foods' brand), and it didn't do much, if anything to help my shoulder out. When I first started this product, I had popping in my right shoulder and some pain in my rotator cuff area when I benched with dumbbells (I don't like barbelling much anymore). Throughout the 30 days I used this, I went through my normal routine, ate the same exact way, and worked out just as much, if not more, than I normally did. My pain and popping lessened and the popping disappeared by the end of this run. The pain is still there, but minimal and is almost gone. This is the first time I could say this in 2 years having gone through every method to heal it.

Shoutout to BoSox trying this and not having great results with it, but I'm going to say it's probably because of Nutrabio's dosing recommendation.

While I had great results with this, the value is a 7/10 because the pills run more than a dollar a day. I mean, I'd pay that to heal my joints quicker, but $34.99 plus shipping is just a bit much for me considering I can buy the most effective ingredients in this profile for a fraction of that price each, and they'd all last me longer than 30 days, and all with higher dosages.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I loved this product. I had a great run and I highlighted how effective it was for me, but it is ultimately too expensive for me to try it again. I do highly recommend this product, however, if you don't mind paying that price for a joint product with results.

Overall
Overall
9.3
  February 28, 2015

• Great Endurance
  • Great Pumps
  • Increased Appetite
  • Increased Lean Mass W Little BF (if Any)
I'm going to start this with a HUGE thanks and shout out to Clipper and everyone at Myokem for giving me the awesome opportunity to log what I had been desiring to log in their product, Magnitropin, a natural testosterone booster and myostatin inhibitor that leads to a fantastic lean mass gaining product. This review will explain why I absolutely was enamored with this supplement.

If you're interested in my daily experiences with Magnitropin, please read through my log here: http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=31274.0 (and I really recommend you do to see what my diet was like other details).

I usually breakdown the ingredients and what they do, but I'm going to skip that since my buddies BoSox and WarMachine did such a great job already.

Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 48

MagnitropinTM Proprietary Matrix 2.166g
Not a fan of proprietary blends, but I give Myokem a pass for this one simply because I can't argue with the results and have nothing else out there in the supplement world to compare the ingredients and dosages to. If/when this changes, I hope for them to eventually change this and divulge the dosages.

Paederia foetida extract (20:1)

Cistanche deserticola extract (20:1)

Gentiana lutea extract (10:1)

(-)-Epicatechin

Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit)

The capsules are easy to down, but did cause heartburn if taken too close to a workout. I had great results dosing this at about 30 minutes before my workout. The directions say to take 3 capsules with breakfast and 3 capsules with your preworkout meal. My only assumption for the directions saying to specifically take it with a preworkout meal are to make the pills easier on the stomach as well as max out any testosterone boosting effects that a meal may bring about. Does it specifically need to be a whole foods meal? Nah. I was fine just simply drinking some protein.

The directions do say not to take this product more than 6 days in a row, but I couldn't figure out any explanation as to why. Are you going to have negative effects if you decide to take this more than 6 days in a row? Nah. I have actually contacted Myoken regarding this. I'll post their response when I get it.

On days I worked out first thing in the morning, I took a dose prior to my workout with a protein shake, maybe some starch if I could fit it in, and took another dose with my post-workout meal.

My weight went from 162.5 lbs the day I started this product to a steady 168 lbs the day of, and a couple of days after stopped taking the product with no noticeable fat gain. Before and After pics are in the log I posted at the top.

I eat a very clean, primal diet (paleo + cheeses and tubers) and never had a cheat day. Again, you can find more details in my log about this, but it's very difficult to overeat on this type of diet and gains tend to be slow, but lean when they do happen. I eat when I'm hungry and no more; this tends to be around 2500 calories a day, give or take depending on the intensity of my workouts and how often I'm working out. As much as the snowpocalypse here in Boston got to me, I still worked out 4-6 days a week for about 2 hours a day and not really resting much between sets (a minute at most - it's just my style).

My hunger was off the charts with Mag. I actually got sick of eating because of the endless hunger. I was eating around 3500+ calories a day and had to stop myself from eating! This all on pounds of meat, slow starches, and sooo many veggies. It seriously was insane.

- The strength gains on this were fantastic.

- Recovery I've never had a problem with so I can't comment on that.

- Endurance was NOTICEABLY improved when taken prior to a workout. I'd usually be drained after a about an hour and a half into my workout an just struggling to finish my routine, or doing it sluggishly, but with Mag, I KILLED it for the entire 2 hours and still had energy for more.

------------------------------------------------------------------

You may have had the question, how is this compared to a test booster like D-Aspartic Acid? Well, there's no comparison. The -(-)Epicatechin (mainly) in this product really helps you put on the lean mass whereas D-Aspartic Acid simply boosts your tests and anything that happens with that is secondary to increased levels of testosterone, and that can vary from person to person. On D-Aspartic Acid, my mood and energy are better/great, but not much more than that. With Magnitropin, it's MUCH more than that.

- 8/10
Honestly, the value was very difficult to gauge. You can get this online for as low as $49.99 for a month's supply at some places, but at that price, I could start thinking about a SARM. I've never taken a SARM, and that makes it difficult for me to compare one to this considering they're in the same price range. Other than a SARM, Magnitropin is in a league of its own and really says what its supposed to do and surpassed my expectations. If it was a bit lower at $39.99, I think it's a no-brainer.

Side Effects

Heartburn when taken closer than 30 minutes prior to a workout, but that's it.

Conclusion

Magnitropin far exceeded my expectations. Without the intention to really "bulk," I gained a crazy amount of weight in lean mass in a very short amount of time (shorter than I've ever done) while not changing my diet and only increasing the intake of my foods due to the insane hunger I had. The only thing that hurts Mag's rating is its price. I still, however, highly recommend Magnitropin. Myokem struck gold with this beast in a bottle.

February 4, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lasting Energy
  • Little To No Crash
  • Consistent
  • Awesome Focus
  • Yohimbine Sensative Users Take Note
  • Prop Blend
  • Could Cause Slight Jitters

First, I want to give a huge thanks K5Matthews, Momo, and everyone else at CTD Sports for providing me with the opportunity to log their reformulated, and re-birthed preworkout in Noxipro.

I had never tried the previous version of this, Noxipro Chrome, but I had heard good things about CTD Sports and I wasn't disappointed.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 40

Proprietary Blend 4097mg *

Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings per Container: 40

Proprietary Blend 4097mg *

Beta-Alanine, L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (2:1), Fibersol®-2 (soluble corn fiber), Creatine Monohydrate, 2-Amino-4-methylpentane Citrate, Infinergy™ (Dicaffeine Malate), Caffeine, Higenamine HCl, Naringin, Capsisum annum Fruit Extract, Alpha Yohimbine (std. min. 90% from Rauwolfia vomitoria) Huperzia serrate Club Moss Extract

It's a proprietary blend, which I hate since the dosages aren't disclosed, but the profile is impressive and with this, we can see what Noxipro is supposed to do; provide a good pump while delivering an impressive amount of stims and focus, which is exactly what they promise with this product.

Most of the ingredients above should be recognizable to people who have taken a preworkout before, but there are a few ingredients here that have only started to show up on the scene.

Fibersol-2 is a food bulking agent that is a mostly undigested soluble fiber (maltodextrin). I personally try to stay away from maltodextrin, and didn't appreciate its inclusion at first, but after some thought, I figure they're actually using Fibersol-2 (not super high GI maltodextrin) to slow the absorption of the ingredients in this preworkout. Fibersol-2, in theory, could provide a sustained release of its ingredients instead of a massive influx of everything and having you run out of fuel mid-workout. If this is the case, it does its job very well, because this pre lasts and lasts.

The AMP (2-Amino-4-methylpentane) Citrate is what really takes this pre to the next level. The focus, intensity, and endurance this ingredient delivers is just fantastic.

Naringin is a flavonoid from grapefruits that is a potent anti-oxidant.

Thermoes and fat burners : Yohimbine and Capsicum (Capsisum). You can definitely feel the Yohimbine in this, and the thermo effects of Noxipro are real. I was sweating like I had never sweat before on this stuff, and in the winter here in Boston, that's a huge plus, but it's a great feeling in general.

Huperzine (Huperzia): without going into scientific terms, this basically allows you to focus, and focus longer.

The taste is meh. It tastes exactly like other preworkouts that include maltodextrin; it's artificially sweet and not very tasty.
Noxipro mixes very easily.
1.75 - 2 scoops was the perfect dosing for this. I honestly never felt anything very strong at 1.75 and felt nothing at 1. 1.75 - 2 scoops was perfect and really delivered those thermos and kept you focused while keeping your endurance up during your workouts.

Pump - 5/10 - Meh. I never really received much of a pump with this product, even at the 2 scoops level.

Endurance/Energy - 9/10 - The energy and endurance was fantastic! It really helped me push through my 1.5 - 2 hour, intense sessions instead of leaving my burnt out mid-way through. The only reason it isn't a 10/10 is because I did get burnt out once in awhile.

Focus - 9/10 - The focus with this product, at 2 scoops was, again, fantastic. I felt zoned in and never really stared into nothingness instead of focusing on my weights.

Noxipro is a decent value with 40 servings at $27.99 online. That means you can dose at 1.4 scoops per workout and stay at the usual $1 per workout limit, but as I said earlier, I needed 1.75 - 2 scoops of this stuff, so I would go over that $1 limit.

Side Effects

There weren't any sides other than the occasional panting during heavies such as deadlifts or squats due to the yohimbine.

Conclusion

I had a great run with Noxipro and recommend it to anyone that is looking for an intense preworkout that delivers great thermogenic properties along with focus, intensity, and endurance. I think that means I pretty much recommend it to everyone. I think it's a huge plus that it doubles as a fat burner because of its thermoes as well.

December 13, 2014

• Easy To Mix
  • Good Combo Of Proteins
  • Great Profile
  • Digestibility
PES Select is a whey and casein blend that aims to spike muscle protein synthesis with whey and added leucine peptides and then sustain that anabolism with casein. On their website, PES goes on to cite studies and pretty damn thoroughly explain why a 50%/50% blend of whey to casein is superior to whey alone. One thing to note, however, is that nowhere doesn't it specifically state that Select contains a 50/50 blend. PES does explain why they use the ingredients to do and how their ingredients are superior. Now this is a good segway into their profile.

Thei...

Their profile (snickerdoodle flavor) is as follows:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (31 g)
Servings Per Container: 27
Total Carbohydrate 1 g <1%
Dietary Fiber 1 g 2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 24 g 48%

As you can see, it has pretty much the perfect profile. You honestly can't get much better, if any, than that.

Ingredients:
Muscle Targeted Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, [comprised of casein protein, and whey protein], Whey Protein Concentrate 80%, Leucine Peptides), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Guar Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium

They actually list their whey protein concentrate percentage, and it's of the highest quality at 80%. Both of those things impressive and rare in this industry. As a great bonus, they added free form leucine peptides since the amino acid leucine is what spikes muscle protein synthesis. That's freakin' awesome! Although, I would think that with added peptides, they'd like to tout how much leucine is in their product per scoop, but they do not and I'm thinking that may be a bit shady. It makes me believe that they sprinkled it in just to list it on their profile and it really does not provide much of a benefit at all, BUT I don't deduct a point for this because with all of the solid products PES puts out (in my mind), I trust them, for better or worse.

No crappy and counter-productive fillers such as maltodextrin and mono and diglycerides. No cheap caseinates either. Win!

One thing I did have a problem with, is that they don't include protease enzymes for people that have problems consuming milk proteins. I don't drink milk (I don't care for it and never have) much anymore, so I probably lack the enzymes to break all of this down. I didn't think I did lack the enzymes, but after a while, my stomach consistently got screwed up after a few hours of drinking this.

Snickerdoodle - 8.5/10
- This tasted just like a snickerdoodle cookie! I'm not much of a dessert person and I enjoyed this. Only problem was, I got sick of it after about half of the tub. It was just too overpowering in the morning when sweetness wasn't a desire.

Milk Chocolate - 6/10
- Milk chocolate didn't taste decadent like a chocolate should, instead, it was just too sweet. I much prefer taking unsweetened cocoa powder and putting it into a vanilla protein powder.

As always, it's hard to gauge effectiveness with protein powders, especially since I get enough protein to recover from workouts. With that said, I did have side effects as I discuss below, but my recovery was the same while on this.

This is inline with other high-quality blends. You only get 10/10 if it is way cheaper than it should be.

Side Effects

I really had problems digesting PES Select after awhile. It was so bad that it destroyed my performance in the gym when taking it before workouts. It weighed me down and felt like I needed to vomit. This didn't happen initially, so I'm not taking too many points off as this could just be a problem I had, but I didn't like that feeling and makes me not want to buy this again. As I said earlier, it would be great if they included some enzymes to help with this issue.

Conclusion

I still rate this a 9/10 because the blend SHOULD be a 50/50 blend (whey to casein) with how they talk about it, and my recovery didn't diminish while on this product. The leucine peptides are huge if they aren't indeed sprinkled in. Even though I had side effects, this could have been my personal reaction.

I sincerely wish they'd state the amount of leucine per serving as well as the whey and casein (even though 50/50 is insinuated) percentages, however.

November 26, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Stamina
  • You Build A Tolerance To It

Alright, so I finally have gotten some time to do a review. I've seriously been working out for a couple of years now. My diet began with a paleo diet and after about a year, I began modifying it based on my needs, my health, what foods affect me in what way, what I enjoy, and my goals. My health issues such as dermatitis, my severe turbinates and allergies I used to suffer through are gone, and I'm not allergic to cats and certain dogs anymore. As some of you may know, I've been around SR for a long time, but rarely posted in the forums until recently and never wrote a review, but I think it's time.

Performance & Endurance:
Beta Alanine 1,600 mg
Choline Bitartrate 250 mg
Pumps & Vascularity: 500 mg
Micronized Glycerol Monostearate 1,000 mg
Agmatine Sulfate 500 mg
L-Norvaline 100 mg

Energy & Drive:

Caffeine, 4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citate, B-Phenylethylamine HCL, Hordenine HCL, Higenamine HCL, Rauwolfia Vomitoria Extract (std. min. 90% Rauwolscine)

580 mg

Nothing spectacular, but solid profile nonetheless. I hate prop blends in general, and I would like to see how much caffeine and AMP I'm consuming, but that's not really a big deal. I do feel that the ingredients are a bit under-dosed at 1 scoop, however.

The new Watermelon flavor is decent tasting. It's definitely a hell of a lot better than their old flavor (I think it was Fruit Punch or was it Watermelon still?). It's nothing I look forward to, but it's nothing I mind either. Tip: It's much better tasting with ice-water, but so are most things.

The first time I tried this, WOW! I had a solid PR day and kept bangin' those out while on HyperMax. It wasn't because it gave me increased strength or anything, but the focus was INTENSE! I was zoned in, had much less stress, and my endurance increased.

Pros: Increased focus and endurance
Cons: Pump isn't great, you build a tolerance to the AMP, and the Yohimbine can get to you during a strong session at 1.5 scoops (which is somewhat necessary because of the dosing). Even at 1.5 scoops, you really don't feel the Beta Alanine. I'm not sure why, but that's something that I sincerely miss because that really got me ready for a session so that's a huge downside.

I unfortunately, began to build a tolerance to the wonderful AMP that supplied that insane focus and endurance that I would look forward to every day. That is the downside of AMP unfortunately. With this new version and the added glycerol, the pump is improved and OK, but still nothing great.

You can get this for $29.99 on Nutriverse. If you dose at 1.5 scoops, that's about a dollar a workout and that's around what you should be paying for a Pre in my opinion. I'd have given a 10/10 for value if it gave me 3.2g of Beta Alanine (the proven dosage) for around a dollar a

Conclusion

HyperMax is a solid product that's more than just a stim. At first, it's one of the best things you've ever taken, but the focus quickly wears down and just keeps you nearly the same as a cup of coffee. It gives you an OK pump that does last quite a while and does raise your endurance and focus levels. I do miss the Beta Alanine tingles that this doesn't seem to deliver, but all-in-all, if you're looking for a preworkout that contains AMP, doesn't break the bank, and gives you some pump, I'd say you should give this a shot.