drew

Banned

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online 2 months ago
  • Moderate community participation
  • Linked social media account
  • This member has been banned for violating our site rules.

Reviews by drew

Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!

I'm a 25 year old 6'2 male whose weight fluctuates between 180-190. My goal is to add lean mass. I was on a mass strength/ hypertrophy program (4 days/week) when using this product. My diet was not great, many times I did not hit my calorie requirement but I still got stronger!

I like the PM Blend, I think it did help me to relax (melatonin,GABA, passionflower) and the tribulus definitley increased me libido. I also enjoyed the benefits from the B6, Magnesium, and zinc content this product contains. I think this helped my strength and energy levels during the day.

I just took the suggested amount of capsules ( 4 capsules) a night. I missed a few doses here and there on weekends. But for the most part I too this product consistently. Obviously the capsules are tasteless.

This product did not do much for my sleep. But I have trouble sleeping and most sleep products don't work for me anyways. However, I experienced strength increases in the gym and size increases as well. My lifts went up around 10 percent or more. This product helped me the most with my recovery though. My soreness diminished drastically and I was ready to go and motivated for the gym sooner than normal. I would lift very heavy and high volume, and come back the next day and lift just as hard and with a high volume as well with the same or better energy level. Even when I was not getting adequate sleep I was still recovering and making gains.

The value is great! 120 ct for 39.99$. That's right around a 1.30/dose. So about 40$ for a month. I think it's a great value for what you get.

Side Effects

I did not notice any side effects honestly. My libido was increased, and for most that's a positive side effect.

Conclusion

This was a great recovery product for me. It really helped to diminish soreness and helped me to continue progressing. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking to get stronger and recover more quickly.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slightly Increased Test
  • Increased Libido
  • Faster Recovery
  • Better Recovery
  • Diminished Soreness
  • Strength Gains
  • Did Not Increase Sleep

Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
Comment has been reported and is currently pending review.

Thanks to Recor for sending it out!

Big thanks to Reaction Nutrition for allowing me to try this product out! My goal is size and strength gain. I took this product hoping to gain a neural edge and blast through my plateaus. I was excited to take this product, I'm somewhat of a stimulant junkie and was ready to see what effect Pre Action would have on me.

I like that the product has creatine but it is extremely under-dosed, even for just the maintenance phase. If you are wanting looking for a product to reap the benefits of creatine and a pre-workout, I would look elsewhere. Pre Action has plenty of caffeine so this helps its effects as a stimulant.

I just took the recommended dose with water, I never took over 1.5 scoops. I did feel a difference with 1.5 scoops though. I had more energy and endurance. I had the Orange Xplosion and it tasted great!

This product gave me a clean but small adrenaline rush. I really did not feel a significant increase in endurance with 1 scoop. The pump was there but it paled in comparison to other products. As far as just being stimulated though, I felt that. I was energized and able to focus for at least the first 30 minutes of the workout. Gave me a nice neural drive, I was really able to focus on big lifts on days that I did low rep, high weight work. I think the biggest pro was the increase in focus. I gained over 3 pounds of muscle while using this product but I trained like an animal and I was on a caloric surplus. I took this product for less than 2 months.

It's very cheap on Amazon--22.99! Great value for 40 servings. That's fifty-eight cents a scoop!

Side Effects

This product definitely raised my aggression and irritability post workout. It was hard to sleep if I took it too late in the afternoon and definitely evening.

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid product, but nothing exceptional.
  • Good Focus
  • Mixes Great
  • Underdosed Ingredients
  • Underdosed Creatine
  • Increased Irritability

*Introduction ----
What's up SR, I'm back with another review. I've been training off and on for ten plus years. While taking this prodcut my goal was to bulk or to add lean mass. This product was given to me by a friend so I gave it a try. For me, this product did not do much with just one scoop. I had to up the dose to get any effect, and when I did the side effects were so strong that it nullified the good effects.
*Introduction ----
*Ingredient Profile
A few thing stood out to me here. I liked that it has 2000 mg of Carnosyn beta-alanine. But I must say it didn't feel like it until I upped the dose. I also liked that it had creatine nitrate and BCAA's.Taking this product on an empty stomach probably did not help with the stomach problems that I had from this. Creatine can do this if taken on an empty stomach. The ingredient profile actually looks good on paper, but I just did not feel the effects that i would if I were on another product with a similar profile.
----Taste/Mixability/Dosing--
I took anywhere from 1-3 scoops with water 30 minutes before workout. I ate usually ate somehing one or more hours before taking this product. I do not reccommend taking more than 1.5 scoops though, I will explain why in the next section. Also, the taste was pretty bad. Must have had something to do with the bark extract. I used the watermelon flavor.
*Effectiveness/Side Effects

I did one scoop the first few times I used this product and felt virtually nothing. I eventually upped my dose to one and a half scoops and felt a small effect. I felt slightly more focused and had a slight tingly feeling from the beta-alanine but still nothing special. I eventually used two scoops and I definitely noticed some effects. I was hyper-stimulated. I had a big wave of energy running through my body. I also felt a mild pump. The problem was that I was also feeling very bloated which made me feel sluggish. Mentally I was stimulated and had energy but physically my stomach was upset. I also felt the beta-alanine too strongly. I felt really hot and itchy. It almost felt like I had a rash. Also, I was so stimulated I was anxious and almost paranoid. With all this combined, the negative side-effects outwieghed the good. These side-effects plagued me and made it difficult to perform at my peak level.
*Value
25$ for 30 servings isn't bad. But if you have to up the dose like I did the value drops.
----Conclusion---
When I took too little there was no effect. When I took an effective dose the side effects outweighed the benefits. Based on my experience, I do not recommend this product. Get something that is cleaner and doesn't taste bad.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Ingredients
  • Good Energy When Does Is Increased
  • Upset Stomach
  • Not Enough Pump
  • Underdosed
  • Doesn't Live Up To Claims

*Introduction
(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
I was 24 at the time and my goal was adding lean mass. I'm a hard gainer and i will admit I wasn't eating the way I should've been. But regardless of my eating habits jack3d micro was unimpressive and did not do anything spectacular for me. It definitely did not have the same effect the original jack3d had on me.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
There are two proprietary blends.
-Super Performance System, 1 Scoop=2247 mg, 2...

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
There are two proprietary blends.
-Super Performance System, 1 Scoop=2247 mg, 2 Scoops=4494 mg
-Micronized L-Citrulline, Betaine, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, Grape Seed Extract
-Micro Engineered Energy Matrix
-Choline Bitarte, Caffeine (150 mg), Nelombo Nucifera Extract
I like that it has the 150 mg caffeine. I did feel the stimulant effects of caffeine but not much else. There is no creatine and no beta-alanine, which have become staples in a pre-workout for me.

*Taste/Mixability/Dosing
Taste was average for me, I always mixed the blue raspberry with water. I took two scoops day one and felt very focused. After three or four workouts I had to up my dose to feel much, By the end three scoops were not doing much for me. I would not recommend taking more than two scoops though. I developed a tolerance quickly and this product just honestly didn't do much for me.

*Effectiveness
Like I said previously, it hit hard the first few workouts. I felt an adrenaline rush and I was hyper-focused. I was able to maintain a good level of focus throughout the workout so the endurance was good the first few times. I didn't feel much of a pump or notice vascularity more than normal. After this I had to up my dose to get something out of it and I wasn't going to take over three scoops. Eventually the effects dwindled and this product didn't feel a whole lot different than taking a caffeine tablet. My strength increased slightly over the month that I took this but not much. This lack in strength increase was due mainly to lack of quality nutrition and quality sleep. But I don't think this product would have much effect on my strength increases either way.

*Value
For me the value was not great because I had to take a higher dosage to get the desired effect or at least close to it. 40 servings for $23.99 is a great value though if this stuff works for you. That's less than a dollar a scoop.

*Side Effects
I didn't notice any side-effects besides being more irritable than normal later on in the day after my workout.

*Conclusion
This product did not work great for me but it may be a good product if you are just looking for a pure stimulant. Everyone is different though so someone else could have a substantially better effect than I did.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Than No Pre Workout
  • Low Energy
  • Need Too Many Scoops
  • Nothing Special
  • No Beta-alanine

-Intro-
Took this when around a year ago when I was just getting back into lifting heavy after not doing it consistently for at least a year. I took this with the intention of adding lean mass and I definitely saw some results!

-Dosing-
I took the CAPSULES. I dosed exactly as the label suggest. I took six capsules three to four times daily for the first seven days. This was the loading phase. After I took six capsules one to three times daily for maintenance. I did miss a couple maintenance days but I didn't notice any negative effects.

-Label-
Creatine Monohydrate- 4.5 g/ 6 capsules. L...
-Intro-

-Dosing-

-Label-
Creatine Monohydrate- 4.5 g/ 6 capsules. Loading Phase- 13.5g-18g/day. Maintenance Phase-4.5g-13.5g/day

-Effectiveness-
I took this along with Now Beta-Alanine, Now D-Ribose, and Now GPLC Glycocarn. I increased my caloric intake as well as my training frequency and intensity. I was doing resistance training three to four times a week and getting a solid 8 hours of sleep a night. I went from from eating 3000 calories one day, 2000 the next to eating 3000 plus calories daily. I saw about 7-8 LBS of weight gain in the month( or maybe a little longer) that I was on these products. I definitely felt energized, stronger, and more focused when hitting the gym. I went from doing 50-55s (dumbbells) with good form on the bench press to doing 65-70s with good form. And for my lower rep day I was doing 80-85! My Barbell back squat skyrocketed and my other lifts increased as well!! My endurance was also through the roof and I realized little to no bloating. Another one of the benefits was increased vascularity. I know this progress was large in part to my big break from heavy resistance training (BEGINNERS OR SOMEONE DE-CONDITIONED WILL SEE RESULTS MORE RAPIDLY) and this was also the first time in a long time I had taken any supplements much less a stack.

-Conclusion-
This is a solid creatine product that I would recommend to anyone who is trying to increase their lean muscle mass. Of course, this is most effective when taken on a clean high calorie diet and with a sound training program.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Got Big
  • Little To No Bloating
  • Increased Strength
  • Pills Are Kind Of Hard To Swallow

*Introduction
I'm a 25 year old hard gainer and my goal is to add lean mass. This product helped me to achieve that mainly by helping me with recovery and optimizing my natural testosterone levels.

*Ingredient Profile
Zinc 30 Mg (200%)- Great way to get this micro-nutrient which is essential for optimizing natural test levels. Also this helps improve the release of IGF-1.
Magnesium 450 Mg (113%)- Another micro-nutrient that is key to testosterone. It improves the body's anti-oxidant capacity and also decreases inflammation. It's good for joints along with many other benefits.
Vitamin B6 ...

*Ingredient Profile
Vitamin B6 (525%)-Another essential micro-nutrient, don't always get it in my diet.

*Taste/Mixability/Dosing
No taste it is capsules. I took the three capsules about five nights a week and still got benefits although it recommends 7 nights a week. I still noticed it helped my recovery.

*Effectiveness (7/10)
I really didn't notice it helping with my sleep much. I got a little drowsy but for me that feeling wore off quickly (30 minutes to an hour). I have trouble sleeping anyway though and everyone is different. I had to use melatonin to sleep. It did help with recovery though, I was noticeable less sore and able to really get after it in the gym consistently. I was able to lift heavy and lift in high volume without joint pain or excessive soreness. This helped me to continue progressing without additional recovery days or deload weeks. I got stronger and added mass with this product.

*Value (9/10)
It is 90 servings for $13.55, you can't beat that! Basically it is $13.55/month for men because the recommended dosage is 3 caps a night. For women a month and a half. The recommended dosage is two caps a night for women.

*Side Effects
No negative side effects. I did notice an increase in libido though.

*Conclusion
I would recommend this to someone who doesn't always get these micro-nutrients ZMA has (B6, zinc,and magnesium) in their diet. And for anyone who is looking to improve their recovery. The most noticeable effect for me was definitely improved recovery.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Provides Decent Amounts Of Very Inportant Micronutrients
  • Optimizes Natural Test Levels
  • Great Value
  • Helps Recovery
  • Didn't Have A Major Effect On My Sleep

I'm 25 years old and I've been doing some form of resistance training ever since I was 11-12 (training programs for sports). Always enjoyed exercising, I enjoy the process of attaining my goals. As of now, I'm a hard gainer looking to bulk and I've seen some gains (more strength than size) but I have put on some size. I think it is mainly due to my caloric surplus and resistance training, but this product has helped me maximize the quality of my time spent in the gym. This product definitely stimulated the nervous system for me. It helped me focus in and give my all every rep.

Macro/Micro Nutrients
-Calories-50
-Carbs- 11g- Awesome, a plus for me because I'm bulking. Also helped because I don't like working out completely on an empty stomach.
-Magnesium-120 mg (30 %)
-Zinc- 20 mg (133%)
-Potassium- 20 mg (<1%)
-It's nice that it has some micro-nutrients too that you may not always get in your diet.
Strength-Endurance Blend
-Beta-Alanine(carno-syn), Creatine Ethyl Ester Hcl, Creatine mono, COQ10 (to name a few)
-felt the tingling from the Beta-Alanine
Natural Energy
-Caffeine, guarana, etc.
-Felt the caffeine working, stimulating the CNS.
Anabolic Solidification
-L-Glutamine, BCAA's
Endocrine Ignition
-Tribulus, ZMA, etc.
-Felt some increase in libido
Pre-launch
-Bioperine

I mixed one scoop with 4-6 ounces of water every time. I threw it back and I started to feel the effects within fifteen minutes every time. I usually ate about an hour before taking it. i took it only on resistance training days which was 4-5 days a week. Taste was not great but tolerable. I did take a little more than a scoop (maybe 1.1 or 1.2) and that made a noticeable difference my couple workouts. I wouldn't recommend it but taking slightly more than a scoop made me feel energetic and focused that much more.

Noticeable increases in focus, endurance, vascularity, and libido. Pumps weren't off the charts but I felt them. I would way a moderate pump compared to most pre-workouts. It helped me to progress almost every session, (I had one deload week). The most noticeable effect was the added focus and energy. It helped me build muscle because I had that extra energy and focus and pushed my limits.

Very good, 25$ for 35 servings. Less than a dollar a scoop.

Side Effects

Sleep. I took it later in the afternoon sometimes and had a hard time falling asleep.

Conclusion

This is a solid product. It's not a miracle worker. You still have to work hard and take care of yourself, but it can help you maximize your workouts if you are already doing the basics (eating, sleep, training). I would recommend this to someone trying to add strength and/ or size and is having trouble breaking a plateau.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Energy
  • Excellent Focus
  • More Motivation
  • Increase Sex Drive

I actually took the asteroid stack about five years ago when I was in college and 19-20 years old. I was lifting 4-5 days/ week. Playing basketball 1-2 times a week for cardio. I was eating plenty of calories due to the all-you-can-eat dining halls. It wasn't the most healthy food in the world but definitely helped me bulk. This stack along with jack3d helped me to reach my goals and then some!

Powerfull (testosterone booster)- I took it just like the asteroid stack guide suggested. I remember taking it at night and it helped me fall asleep. Also seemed to help with recovery

Anabolic Pump (Nutrient Repartitioner)- Helped my body to consume calories for maximum benefit. Helped with recovery as well.

Prime (testosterone booster)- Another test booster. Helped with growth and recovery.

I dosed just like the guide it came with suggested.
    Weeks 1-2
    Prime- 3 caps, 3 times a day with meals
    Powerfull- 2 Caps pre-workout, 2 before bed (not always on an empty stomach, was taking casein as well)
    Anabolic Pump- 1 cap, twice a day 20 minutes before meals---wasn't always exactly 20 minutes before meal, sometimes with or after but I was consistent taking the product twice a day.

Weeks 3-6

Weeks 9-12
    Prime-2 caps, 3 times a day with meals
    Powerfull-3 Caps pwo, 2 before bed
    Anabolic Pump-1 cap, 3 times/day 20 minutes before meals

I also took Jack3d pre-workout throughout most of the time I was taking this stack.

----Effectiveness-9.5
    This was five years ago but I still remember it as the most progress I have ever made in 3 months. I was making gains prior because I was a 19-20 year old kid that was lifting heavy and eating a high amount of calories. But this took me to the next level. I could never get past the low 180's in body weight before this. I was a 6'2 180 pound hard gainer. I might've weighed 185 tops before this. I weighed a solid and lean 195 before I was even done with this stack. I think when I was finally done or within 2-3 months after I was weighing a solid 205. I was strong, lean, and I felt great! I could lift for hours and play basketball for hours as well! I experienced increases in strength, endurance, muscle mass, energy, and mood. I also seemed happier. I don't recommend this but I even went out and drank on the weekends and still saw amazing gains.

----Value-6
    I paid 100+ (3 supplements) so really not a bad value for 3 months worth of this stack. I gave it a 6 just because for me that is too much to spend on a stack if you're on a tight budget.

Prime-150 caps (normally 41.99)
    Powerfull-90 Caps (normally 25.99)
    Anabolic Pump-90 Caps (normally 59.99)

Conclusion

I had amazing results with this stack when I was 19-20 years old. But everyone is different. See how far you can go with eating the right way, being disciplined in your training, and getting adequate sleep. Once you start to hit a plateau consider taking this to help you get to the next level. I trained hard , ate lots of calories and got good sleep when I took this. I would recommend this to young, experienced lifters looking to bulk and/or increase strenght
    • Builds Intense Strength
    • No Unwanted Side Effects
    • No Pct Required
    • Accused Of Taking Roids
    • Increased Focus
    • Increased Vascularity

I heard about SR through a coworker at a fitness center about six years ago. I've been a Personal Trainer for about a year and a half now. Played basketball all through high school, I've always had great cardio and good strength. My goals now include hypertrophy, bulking, and increasing strength. I try to eat a clean diet high calorie diet but haven't always eaten enough until I recently started consistently logging my calories. I've always been a bit of a hard gainer but through heavy lifting , motivation, diet and sleep I have seen some improvements. The first time I took this product it completely blew me away. I thought having done supplements like Jack3d and Animal Pump that I said felt the hardest hitting stimulants. This was a whole new level.I could've trained for 3 hours that day if I didn't have obligations after my session. My muscles felt extremely pumped and vascular.

Beta-Alanine- definitely felt the tingly feeling and increases in endurance

definitely felt the jolt from the 300 mg caffeine

D-Aspartic Acid- Did give me a noticeable increase in aggression which was great during my workout but caused me to be more irritable after my workout. Even at night if I worked out in the afternoon.

Arginine alpha ketoglutarate- Definitely felt the pump. incresed vascularity.

Creatine Mono- Don't know how effective this was. I didn't dose everyday and it's a small amount.

Advantra Z- Probably helped me stay lean. Supposively this is a replacement for ephedra.

Mucuna L-Dopa- Could feel the increase in libido from this.

Tastes fine and mixes fine. I always took a scoop with about 6 ounces of water and chugged it. It always hit pretty quick (15-30 minutes) this way. I usually didn't eat within an hour before taking it for maximum effect.

It worked extremely well. It always kept me focused through my workouts. I did build up a slight tolerance but it still always gave me that pick me up and helped me focus on my workout. Always felt like I got a good pump. The biggest plus was probably endurance, sometimes I did not want to leave the gym and when I did leave the gym I ran outside when I got home! Also energy and focus, this supplement helped me to push my limits on every exercise, every rep, every set.

Pretty good value for the amount you get. 30 servings/ 35$

Side Effects

Tingly and itchy from the beta alanine (I like it though). Maybe all the caffeine and test boosters made me too wired sometimes.

Conclusion

Great product if you are looking for energy, focus, and a good pump.
      • Increased Focus