dmf8625

First Bloods

Votes Cast

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Forum Posts

Deals Shared

TROOPer Level

Completed Missions

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. dmf8625 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 169 days.

Reviews by dmf8625

Overall
Thanks to Ghost for sending it out!
  July 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent Profile
  • Amazing Taste
  • Great Profile
  • No Water Retention
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness
  • Contains Artificial Colors
  • Contains Artificial Sweeteners

Gains On Gains On Gains

New school meets old school, clinically dosed, packed to the nines, transparent AF, muscle builder conceived to make gains faster than Photoshop.
GHOST Full Disclosure Label
First ever yield transparent Creatine, delivering a full 5G of yielded Creatine
Max clinical dose Betaine
Carnosyn Beta-Alanine
Full 200MG dose Epicatechin
Max clinical dose Astragin

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

F...

Gains On Gains On Gains

GHOST Full Disclosure Label
First ever yield transparent Creatine, delivering a full 5G of yielded Creatine
Max clinical dose Betaine
Carnosyn Beta-Alanine
Full 200MG dose Epicatechin
Max clinical dose Astragin

First, a big thank you to the guys and gals over at Ghost for joining us here at SR.com and making your creatine/muscle building product Size available for us TROOPers to try and review. I have been following this company since their creation, mainly because of the YouTube ambassadors that they have partnered with. Being from a printing and marketing background, I can appreciate what Ghost has done with their marketing/outreach techniques since launching the company along with the details and added extras that the labels and tubs have. Being a dietary supplement consumer, I also applaud Ghost on being a fully transparent company from the beginning and not short-changing the consumer with inferior ingredients or improper dosing. Let's see if this proper follows that same path.

As with all Ghost products, Size provides full label transparency and contains patented and registered versions of ingredients when they are available. This product contains five grams of what Ghost calls "Full Yield Creatine", which is a blend of monohydrate and HCL at 2.5g each. This is where the brand is blending new school and old school ingredients with the hopes of providing a product that gives the user the best of both worlds. Many who have been taking supplements for a while know that the monohydrate version of creatine has been studied and proven to be effective for years now. The HCL version is somewhat new and has less scientific research behind it. For those who prefer HCL, they seem to like it because it's more soluble and said to be better absorbed, thus requiring a smaller serving. Personally I have never used a pure monohydrate creatine product on its own. I started with HCL and have stayed with it since I began weightlifting.

Moving past the creatine, the remaining ingredients are added extras to help with muscle growth and recovery. Each scoop of Size gives you a clinical dose of Betaine. Per my friends over at PricePlow: Betaine, also known as Trimethylglycine (TMG), is a natural chemical compound that is found in several biological systems. It primarily serves as an organic osmolyte, which is something that takes water into cells to protect against osmotic stress. In addition to this it is also a methyl donor. TMG got the name betaine after its discovery in sugar beets. Structurally, it is a small trimethylated amino acid existing in zwitterionic form (a neutral molecule with a positive and negative charge, these are also called inner salts) at a neutral pH. The amino acid is glycine, hence the name, trimethylglycine. In addition to being found in sugar beets, it is also found in wheat bran, wheat germ, spinach, wheat bread, and shrimp. (https://blog.priceplow.com/betaine)

Next we have CarnoSyn Beta Alanine at two grams. While many will notice this ingredient is dosed below the normal 3.2 grams that we are accustomed to and think of as the "clinical" dose, Ghost follows the thought path of splitting up the doses for maximum nutrient absorption. This also helps avoid the sometimes unpleasant "tingles" many users get, when mega-doing Beta Alanine. As for effects, it's well known that Beta Alanine boosts endurance, but it also increases work capacity, strength, and time to exhaustion. In other words, Beta Alanine allows you to work out more intensely for longer periods of time without succumbing to fatigue. This ultimately lets you get more work done, yielding more gains!

The next ingredient is one that I have only heard of but never tried in a supplement before. It is Epicatechin 90% dosed at 200mg. Ghost says "Epicatechin is one of the hottest muscle building ingredients on the market" and claims this is the ingredient that really sets Size apart from anything else on the market. They also mention that just this ingredient alone is sold for more than what an entire tub of Size costs. As for what Epicatechin is supposed to do, I turn to my friends at PricePlow again for this: "Found prevalently in dark chocolate, epicatechin is a potent flavonol that's gained popularity for its ability to enhance lean mass gains and performance. Most notably, epicatechin has the ability to

Enhance strength and muscle growth
Improve glucose tolerance
Increase endurance
Blunt fatigue
Elevate nitric oxide production

Part of what makes epicatechin a prime-time muscle builder is that it's a rather powerful inhibitor of Myostatin by way of increasing levels of Follistatin, Myostatin's "archenemy." Basically, Myostatin prohibits muscle growth, and Follistatin inhibits myostatin signaling, which ultimately results in less myostatin and more muscle growth!"

Our last active ingredient is AstraGin at 50mg. "AstraGin is an all-natural absorption-boosting ingredient derived from Astragalus membranaceus and panax ginseng extracts, both staples of traditional Chinese medicine. AstraGin enhances the rate at which certain compounds and nutrients are absorbed within the intestinal wall. NuLiv, the company who developed AstraGin, has conducted several research trials showing that the novel compound effectively improves uptake of creatine, beta alanine, citrulline, amino acids, and several other compounds. Size contains the full research-backed 50mg dose of AstraGin to increase the effectiveness of all its ergogenics even further."

The remaining ingredients will vary depending on if you purchase the neutral (unflavored) version or the Warheads branded Sour Watermelon flavor. The Sour Watermelon flavored version includes an additional 2.5 grams of natural and artificial flavors, citric, malic and tartaric acid, along with your artificial sweeteners of sucralose and Ace-K plus artificial red food coloring.

Taste >> I received the Warheads collab Sour Watermelon flavor and it was fantastic! I have tried a sample of their Legend PWO in this flavor and thought it was amazing. Glad to see the same flavor transferred over to this product and they were able to achieve the same result with different active ingredients. It is delicious and sour from the first sip until the last. No complaints here and I looked forward to drinking every day. Definitely one of the best tasting supplements on the market today in my opinion.

Mixability >> No real big issues here. One scoop in some cold water and shake for about five to ten seconds. If I let the bottle sit for a minute or two, some sediment would be visible on the bottom but another quick shake and it is ready to drink again. If you are the type of person who would drink this all at once, then there is nothing to be concerned about.

Dosing >> Depending on your thoughts about creatine consumption, this product could be taken any time of day. Ghost recommends consuming within 30 minutes after exercising on training days. They also state for best results, use on non-training days as well. They also recommend mixing this with a whey protein shake, which is why the product also comes in an unflavored version. I followed their dosing protocol on training days and consumed my scoop on non-training days in the afternoon as a nice refreshing beverage.

When it comes to the effectiveness of this product, I experienced two stages throughout my use of the tub. For the first week to ten days, Size provided me with piece of mind that I was getting my full daily dose of creatine in along with having a delicious drink to look forward to after training or during the afternoon on non-training days. During this first stage, everything seemed okay but nothing seemed or felt spectacular or different. My training sessions were the same as was my recovery. No crazy personal best lifts were achieved, just the same slow and steady progress that I was making before starting this supplement. After some of my more intense workouts, I would still have some muscle soreness for a day or two just as before. Body composition was also relatively unchanged during this time.

As I entered the second week of using this product and beyond, that is where I started to notice a significant difference during my training sessions and more importantly, in my recovery. With consuming Size post workout, my training sessions the following days started to become more enjoyable and I was eager to get back into the weight room. This was likely because the effects of Size had my body feeling stronger and more willing to lift some heavier weights than I did the session before. This excitement and the possibility of setting a new PR reinvigorated my desire to go to the gym as much as possible again. With this new found enthusiasm in the gym, some might be concerned about the ability for the body to recover from this new stimulus of pushing it far beyond what it is used to. This is where Size really shined for me as my muscle soreness from the workouts decreased substantially the more I used this product. The soreness that used to last a day or two for my most intense workouts was almost non-existent during week three and four of this product. I started to feel "healthier" and stronger with each passing day during these weeks and had a better outlook on the other parts of my life because I was not sore or in a bad mood. Indirectly, this supplement helped with my family and work life because it made me more enjoyable to be around and open to participating in other activities that I would normally be too sore to think about doing.

In terms of body composition while using this product, I did not notice any extreme changes in the mirror but felt most of the progress was being made internally. My muscles did not seem to fail as quickly during the training sessions when compared to before I started taking Size but my muscle definition did not noticeably change for any part of my body. Some of this lack of change or definition can be attributed to loose skin that I have from losing weight and I did not expect this product to magically solve that issue by filling it up with more muscle mass. I realize that I will probably never look like the fitness models we see on magazines or Instagram and I'm okay with that. As long as I can continue making progress in the gym and boost my recovery for the next session; I am happy. Ghost Size was effective at giving me the confidence that I was stronger and capable of lifting more weight without the fear of being laid up in bed for the next week trying to recover.

In terms of price/value, Ghost has taken the route of having strict control over who is able to distribute their products. At this time, the only places Size and all other Ghost products can be purchased are either directly through their own website (https://www.ghostlifestyle.com/), from the GNC website or directly from brick and motor GNC stores. Unless there happens to be a sale in a GNC store, the price is the same no matter where you shop. Each tub is 30 scoops and retails for $39.99. GNC has free shipping and you can save 10% if you choose to have this product auto-delivered. If you purchase this from the Ghost website, you can find a discount code from one of their brand ambassadors that will save you 20%.

In terms of value, Size really stands out when it comes to the amount of Epicatechin included in each tub. Looking through sites like Amazon that sell Epicatechin in pill form, you would be paying between $35 and $40 just for that ingredient alone at the 6000mg (30x200mg) dosage. Then you have to factor in the separate costs for the forms of creatine along with all the other ingredients you get plus whatever value you may place on having an amazing tasting product.

If you look at this product as only being a creatine supplement, then it is going to be extremely expensive and likely a pass for most people. However, this includes much more than just creatine and should be viewed as a supplement that will improve your performance and most likely lead to better recovery and more muscle gain while meeting your daily creatine requirements as an added bonus.

Side Effects

None experienced during my run of this product. Be cautious if you know your body does not react well to a certain type of creatine included. Since this also contains Beta Alanine, there is the possibility that some people could feel the tingling sensation after consuming. Also note that the Warheads Sour Watermelon flavor does contain artificial colors and sweeteners, if you are allergic and/or trying to avoid those.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I see this supplement as being a great addition to anyone's stack no matter where you are in your fitness adventure. For the newbies hitting the weights for the first time, I believe this will help amplify your newbie gains along with helping you recover and lessening muscle soreness. For the intermediate lifter that has been training consistently and tried many supplements but can't break through a plateau; maybe Size is the perfect cocktail of post workout ingredients that you have been missing. For the advanced lifter, this supplement may be your first experience in using Epicatechin and all the possible benefits it can provide. If you are the type of person who has a cabinet full of failed supplements that didn't produce the effects they claimed; Ghost Size could be the one that replaces them all and gets you back on the GAINS train! Choo Choo

Once again, thank you to Ghost and SR.com for making this review possible. Size combines all the greatness of research backed ingredients with the amazing sour candy taste of Warheads. I looked forward to drinking this each day and letting my body handle the rest.

Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  July 11, 2018

• Uses Artificial Sweeteners
  • Only One Size Tub Available
  • Use Artificial Flavors

From the brand:
Our whole food meal replacement, MRE is now available in lower calories. In the military, M.R.E. stands for Meals Ready to Eat, these meal packs are given to soldiers out in the field for fuel during intense combat situations. We built upon that concept and offer to you a delicious tasting whole food meal replacement packed full of healthy food choices that will replenish your system when you need it the most.

From the brand:
MRE Lite will deliver the same great taste and excellent source of whole foods as our original MRE formula, but with much lower carbohydrates for the person keeping a close and watchful on his or her macronutrients. That means if you're dieting and on restricted calories, you too, can enjoy the wonders that MRE can do for your physique.
MRE Lite contains no whey protein allowing for easy digestion. Instead, you'll get beef, salmon, egg, and chicken protein. Plus, the healthy benefits of brown rice protein, pea protein, and MCT oil. Each serving is just 134 calories with 24g of protein and just 2g of sugar.
No Whey Protein
Just 2g of Sugar per serving
Lactose Free
Mixes easily without a blender
Keto friendly

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to RedCon1 for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to run and review many of the products that the company produces. Today I am going to speak about my experiences with their no whey, animal based protein powder/meal replacement named MRE Lite. With new protein powders being released every few weeks it seems like, this one caught my eye as RedCon1 did something different that I have not seen from anyone else. By many accounts, the original MRE product was a huge success for the brand and now we have the Lite version that removed most of the carbs. Let's see if the reputation and results carried over to this product.

Each 29 gram scoop will provide you with the following macros:
Total Carbohydrate - 4 Grams
Dietary Fiber - 1 Gram
Sugar - 2 Grams
Protein - 24 Grams

The main active ingredients include: Beef protein Isolate (bovine), Salmon protein (fish), Chicken protein, Egg Albumin (egg), Brown Rice protein, Pea protein, Coconut water (coconut), MCT oil.

As you can see from the ingredients, this supplement took a different route in providing you with protein sources that do not come from milk. You have whole food sources that I never thought could be turned into a powder and actually be drinkable. With that in mind, I was a little hesitant at first but those fears quickly vanished once I tasted this product for the first time. The macros are similar to what you would find in a whey protein blend product on the market but that is where the similarities stop.

You then have the "fillers" which include natural and artificial flavors, cellulose gum, ground cinnamon, salt, sucralose and ace-K.

This supplement is also listed as lactose free and keto friendly, if you happen to be looking for those characteristics in a product.

Taste >> I received the banana nut bread flavor from the rep and it was delicious. As I mentioned in the title, who knew animal protein sources could be flavored to taste like an amazing baked sweet treat? Definitely not I, but I am a believer after trying a scoop of this. I like banana and cinnamon flavored products, so this was a perfect fit for me and I would recommend it to anyone who also likes these flavors. This flavor is definitely something different on the market and worth trying at least once.

Mixability >> No issues here with this product for me. I always used a blender bottle when mixing a scoop in water. Sometimes I would have the blender ball inside, sometimes not. For the most part, the blender ball did not make a difference in the outcome of the product. The shake may have come out slightly smoother with the blender ball included but hardly a noticeable difference in my opinion. No huge chunks were ever left in the cup after shaking and it was always smooth going down.

Dosing >> As with most protein powders/meal replacement products, the dosing is left up to the individual and how this product will best fit with their lifestyle. Since it is low fat, consuming post workout is an option along with basically any time of day. The brand recommends mixing one serving in eight to ten ounces of cold water and consuming one to two times per day in between meals.

As with dosing, the effectiveness of a protein/meal replacement product can only be determined by the individual using it. If the food you typically eat does not contain a lot of protein, this product will be effective at increasing your intake. Or if you are a person who has trouble consuming enough whole food to meet your goals, this product will be effective at allowing you to quickly consume some protein and calories without using up too much volume in your stomach. This is also a great option for those who are trying to avoid whey based products or those that contain lactose.

As I mentioned in the ingredient profile section, the macros are similar to what you would find in a whey protein blend product, so MRE Lite was easy to fit into my macros and hopefully will be the same for you. While this could be used post-workout, I personally used it as a mid-day/early evening snack or as a beverage to drink along with my whole food meal. When the whole food meal was lacking in protein content, a scoop or two of this made the meal complete and helped satisfy my hunger. As a snack, this product was great at satisfying any cravings I had for something sweet in the middle of the day or before dinner. That may sound odd considering this product is packed full of animal proteins but RedCon1 did a fantastic job with the flavoring system to make this effectively comparable to a sweet treat in my shaker cup. In regards to fullness, this product seemed to be a little more effective than a comparable whey protein product with a similar number of calories per serving. It was slightly more satisfying while not sitting heavy in my stomach. If I had to put a number to this effect, MRE Lite would keep the feeling of hunger away for an additional 30 to 60 minutes as compared to drinking a whey protein shake of similar calories.

In terms of digestibility, I have no complaints here for this product. Whether taken on an empty stomach or while eating other foods; there were no instances of upset stomach, bloating or discomfort from consuming one or two scoops of this at a time. There are no digestive enzymes included in this product but I do not believe you need them unless you are a person who knows one of the protein sources does not agree with you. In that case, this product is probably not the best option for you to purchase.

Price always seems to be fluctuating with this product as I have tracked it through my run of the tub. Muscle and Strength had issued a temporary price cut dropping the 30 serving tub to $30 with all flavor selections available. While that promo is now over, the new one for the site is two tubs for $65, while one will cost you $45. Another outlet that did have a lower than average price was Vitamin Shoppe, which had it listed at $31.99 for either the blueberry cobbler or dutch apple pie flavors. That promo is over as well and the price is currently back to $40. If you want the selection of all the available flavors, the best place currently to go is I'll Pump You Up's website where all five flavors are listed for $34.95 per 30 serving tub. Along with the two flavors mentioned above and the banana nut bread flavor I received, you can also choose from oatmeal chocolate chip and pecan pie. I'll Pump You Up also offers a 7% military discount which will help some of us on the price.

You can also purchase directly from the RedCon1 website where the price is listed at $44.99 per tub. If purchased from their site, you can pay for your supplements using an interest free payment plan that will spread the cost out over eight weeks. RedCon1 also seems to run some great sales and promotions at least once per month, so be on the lookout for those. If you follow a website like PricePlow, they will always notify you when a promotion gets started.

Side Effects

None personally experienced. As with any supplement, discuss with your physician before taking if you have a medical condition or are taking any prescription medications. Stop use and discuss with your physician if any negative effects occur. Do not exceed suggested dose. Do not take if pregnant or lactating.

Conclusion

In conclusion, MRE Lite is another well thought out and executed product from RedCon1. They took the successful MRE product and removed the carbs for those who don't want them but kept the amazing taste and effectiveness of the product. This is a different option for those who either can't consume whey or are looking for another alternative to increase their protein intake and/or have an easy meal replacement option to grab when in a hurry. The flavor I received is amazing and the product was effective in the ways I wanted and expected it to be. With the product only coming in the one size tub, that does hurt the value and cost per serving when compared to its whey competitors. Hopefully the brand produces a larger tub if this product is as successful as the original MRE powder is.

Once again, thank you to RedCon1 for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. Your team is really thinking outside the box when it comes to products like this and many of the others you produce.

Overall
Thanks to BPI Sports for sending it out!
  July 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Portability
  • Transparent Label
  • Under-dosed
  • Color Stains

From the brand and product webpage:

REFUEL. RECOVER. REBUILD.

Boost your water with Best Aminos to get extra amino acids to help improve performance, lean muscle building and recovery.

CONVENIENCE

Best Aminos liquid water enhancer is designed to make supplementing quick & easy. Just squeeze it in your water and go!

MUSCLE

BCAAs help increase protein synthesis and prevent the breakdown of lean muscle mass, even while you diet.

TASTE

Best Aminos comes in two great flavors, Snow Cone and Fruit Punch, with zero added sugar and zero calories.

RECOVERY

BCAAs are ne...

From the brand and product webpage:

REFUEL. RECOVER. REBUILD.

CONVENIENCE

MUSCLE

TASTE

RECOVERY

BCAAs are needed after tough workouts so you can continue to perform at your best, day in and day out.

Thank you to BPI Sports for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review some of your products. Today I am going to be talking about BPI's Best Aminos liquid product that comes in a bottle similar to Mio and other water enhancing products. I remember when these were released and thought "Hey, now there's something new to the industry." Aminos that are easy to take with you and no fear about powder being spilt anywhere. Do gains and recovery now come in a portable squeeze bottle? Let's see.

The first thing you will notice about this product is the supplement facts panel is transparent and the content of each amino acid is disclosed. Other BPI products that I have used in the past have always had some type of prop blend listed; so it is nice to see the company changing things up. Bravo for full disclosure!

Per serving (1/2 tsp. squirt) you have:

L-Histidine 12.5mg
L-Phenylalanine 12.5mg
L-Threonine 12.5mg
L-Methionine 12.5mg

Each bottle is listed as having 24 servings (squirts) per bottle. Adding up all the aminos listed per serving, you are receiving 250mg (100mg of BCAAs) per squirt and 6000mg (6g) per bottle. This is almost a complete EAA product but it is missing L-tryptophan as the ninth amino acid. The remaining non-active ingredients are: purified water, citric acid, malic acid, natural & artificial flavors, sucralose, hydrochloric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative) and either red or blue food coloring (depending on the flavor you choose).

In terms of my thoughts on the ingredients, this product seems quite under-dosed when compared to what most people think about when it comes to a serving of an amino acid product. When looking at some common powdered amino supplements, most in the industry have a standard of at least 5g of BCAAs per serving and some brands go as high as 10g per serving. Even many EAA products include a minimum of 5g of BCAAs per serving along with another one to three grams of the remaining six aminos. If I was to use an entire bottle at once, I would only be consuming 6g of total aminos, which is equal to about one serving out of a 20 to 30 serving tub of a powdered amino product. The squirt bottle is very convenient but a 24 to one serving ratio seems like a steep hill to climb when thinking about purchasing this product.

Taste >> I received the snow cone flavor and it is pretty good. The initial taste is very strong and sweet when mixed in the recommended six ounces of water. After some experimenting, I found the flavor to be most enjoyable when mixed with 16 to 20 ounces of water (basically a full shaker cup) or a standard plastic water bottle.

Mixability >> Things don't get much easier when it comes to mixability for this product. A quick squirt into your shaker cup or water bottle and you are basically good to go. The liquid dissipates immediately into the water and one or two shakes are all that is needed for a consistent flavor throughout.

Dosing >> Per the brand, Add one (1) serving (1/2 tsp) into 6oz of water, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. Warnings: Not intended for use by persons under age 18. Do not exceed recommended dose. Get the consent of a licensed physician before using this product, especially if you are taking medication, have a medical condition, you are pregnant, nursing or thinking about becoming pregnant. DISCONTINUE USE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY. KEEP THIS PRODUCT AND ALL SUPPLEMENTS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

My specific dosing is detailed in the effectiveness section.

Now to the most important part of any supplement, was it effective and did it work as advertised? Sadly this is where the product lost a lot of points for me. I used this product continuously throughout the day for the entire six bottles that I received and was mainly hoping for a noticeable difference when it came to energy, muscle building/preservation and soreness/recovery.

While I had these bottles for use, I never drank plain old water. I would add a squirt of the aminos to any bottle that I was drinking; whether at home, at work or at the gym. The convenience of the squirt bottle made it easy to travel with and quick to add to my water. On my workout days, I would add a squirt into my pre-workout bottle; add another intra-workout and at least one more post workout. Once outside of the gym, I would continue using this whenever I could. In total, I would estimate I was using approximately eight to ten servings per day on lifting days.

On my off days from the gym, I used these aminos all throughout the day as well. Almost every bottle of water I drank included at least a squirt or two of this product. I never tired of the flavor once I learned how much water to use. Whenever I did cardio on my off days from lifting, I always included a few squirts for flavor and potentially an increase in energy, muscle preservation and hopefully quicker recovery. For non-lifting days, I was probably using anywhere between five and eight servings per day.

With all these servings being used, I was going through the individual bottles pretty quickly. Each bottle lasted anywhere from three to five days for me. That quick depletion does not help this product when it comes to the cost and value discussion. I discontinued use of all other powdered amino products during the time to get the full experience from the BPI product. With this product being the only form of amino acid supplementation that I was using, I cannot say there was ever a WOW moment. I also cannot point to any one instance throughout the entire run where this product outperformed any other powdered amino acid supplement on the market other than its easy portability. I experienced no significant or noticeable increase in my energy, muscle building/preservation or improvement in recovery and reduced soreness while using this product. If anything, I think my muscle building/preservation and soreness/recovery was slightly worse since my intake of aminos was lower from using this product exclusively. I believe the lack of results can be attributed to the low dosages of the amino acids in each squirt and for the entire bottle. This product may work better in combination with another higher dosed powdered amino acid supplement but at that point, the only positive this product would have is the squirt bottle convenience and maybe the flavor.

This product can be purchased either as single bottles or in a pack of six bottles. The standard retail price listed on the BPI website for a pack of six is $21.99 and a single bottle lists for $4.49. I have noticed that with BPI products, there is almost always some type of discount code available in cyberspace. They have many sponsored athletes that can be found on social media who have discount codes and the website will often have them available when you visit. The savings can range from 20%-35% off from what I have seen lately (Currently 35% off for this product). Free shipping is available from the BPI website for orders over $49 and they have a 30 day free returns policy.

Some other websites will sometimes have lower prices on this product, such as iherb.com where you can pick up a single bottle for $3.67 currently. They don't have the six pack option available. Amazon also looks to have similar prices to the BPI website. You may be able to save on shipping if you are a Prime customer.

Side Effects

None experienced while using this product. Do note that the artificial food coloring will likely stain your clothes if you happen to get a little wild with a squirt or you get some splash-back when adding it to your bottle.

Per the recommendation of the brand, DISCONTINUE USE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY

Conclusion

So in the end, what did I get from these little amino squirt bottles? Not much to be honest and that is disappointing because I was really excited to try these when I saw them put up for the TROOPer program. The concept is great but the execution in terms of dosing and effectiveness falls short for me. Every time I added a squirt or two to my water, I knew I was in for a tasty treat but I learned not to expect much more from the amino acids included. To put things into perspective from a cost standpoint, my local 99 cents store sells the Mio water enhancing squirt bottles like this and those provide me with the same basic benefit as the BPI Best Aminos did. Yes, BPI's product does contain some aminos while Mio products do not; but at more than double the cost per bottle, I will stick with getting my aminos from better dosed powdered products, buying Mio bottles for a dollar each to flavor my water and save the rest of my money for something else.

Once again, thank you to BPI Sports and SR.com for making this review possible. I enjoyed my snow cone flavored water while it lasted.

9.3
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  June 22, 2018

• Filling
  • Helps Recovery Over Night
  • Not Much Of A Variety Of Flavors
  • Desired Flavor May Effect Price

From the brand:

Dymatize Elite Casein helps keep your muscles supplied with a steady stream of amino acids, the building blocks of muscle. This helps avoid the catabolic state of muscle protein breakdown that begins to happen when your muscles are deprived of the right nutrients. Casein is a unique protein derived from milk that breaks down slowly in your digestive system, keeping you fuller longer and providing a sustained release of muscle-building amino acids. This makes casein the ideal choice any time your body goes without protein for an extended period, especially just before bedtime.

First off, thank you to Dymatize for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. For those unfamiliar, casein proteins absorb much slower than whey proteins, allowing for a longer-term release of amino acids into the bloodstream. Dymatize is known for their high-quality ISO 100 and Elite Whey proteins but their casein seems to fly under the radar in my opinion. Let's see how this tub went for me and if it deserves the same acclaim as the others.

As you would expect from a single source protein powder, the ingredient profile is pretty straight-forward here. Your first ingredient and the vast majority of each scoop is micellar casein. A brief description of this protein found from doing a Google search is: Casein protein is the protein found in the curds of milk and is slowly absorbed by the body. This contrasts to the most popular supplement on the sports nutrition market, whey protein, which is used for its fast absorption rate. Casein has earned the name 'the bedtime protein because it is most commonly consumed before sleep to provide the body with a slow releasing source of protein over an extended period of time.

The benefits of casein can be summed up with: Supplementing with casein just before going to sleep, it can be absorbed throughout the night, benefiting the body's needs for protein synthesis over the 6-8 hours of rest. When you are asleep you are not ingesting food or protein. By supplementing with casein before bed, you will have protein in your system throughout the night to increase protein synthesis and help increase muscle growth. This can be beneficial to anyone who is training regularly.

Casein protein ingestion before sleep has been proven to result in an increase in protein synthesis after a workout. Casein protein is also higher in calcium contents and can be a good source of fat loss. If you are an individual who engages in long, strenuous workouts then casein supplementation can be very beneficial for your caloric needs.

The slow absorption makes casein great for night time ingestion. A study done by Snijders et al. (2015) demonstrated that post-resistance training gains in muscle mass and strength are shown to be further increased after daily supplementation with 27.5 g of dietary casein protein consumed prior to sleep. Casein supplementation can further augment the skeletal muscle adaptive response to prolonged resistance training.

Outside of the protein, the remaining amount of each scoop is made up of the fillers which include the flavoring, thickeners and artificial sweeteners. Pretty standard stuff for any type of protein powder; whey, casein or a blend.

As for the macros, those may vary slightly depending on the flavor that you choose. Per scoop will yield you around 130 calories with one and a half grams of fat, three grams of carbs (zero sugar) and 25 grams of protein. The scoop size will also vary slightly based on the flavor but the protein content by weight is around 70-75% for this protein. Another large brand that makes a casein protein similar to this also has a protein content of around 70-75% per scoop. In the end, you are getting your serving of casein protein along with the ingredients to make it taste good. Most people do not want a plain unflavored protein powder, so Dymatize must add those extras for the consumers to enjoy the product with hopes they keep coming back for more.

Taste >> This product is available in four flavors: cinnamon bun, cookies and cream, rich chocolate and smooth vanilla. I was sent the cinnamon bun flavor and loved it! Personally, I love cinnamon and go through quite a lot of it each week. The taste of this protein nailed the cinnamon aspect with the added sweetness you would expect from the rest of the cinnamon roll and icing. No complaints here and I would probably not even bother with the other flavors currently available because this one is so good.

Mixability >> For anyone new to taking a casein protein, don't expect the mixability to be the same as whey. Casein mixes much thicker and often requires more water and arm work to achieve the desired consistency. While most whey proteins can be mixed in a blender bottle without the blender ball, I would recommend using the blender ball when making a casein shake for the best results. Yes, you can get everything mixed decently well without the blender ball if you use a good amount of water but for the smoothest shake without the risk of little clumps; use the blender ball. I did for every shake that I made and each one came out perfect, no surprises. Please note that my shakes were always made with water and using milk or a milk-alternative may produce different results.

Dosing >> Per the label, mix one scoop with 10-12 ounces of your favorite beverage. For optimum results, drink in the evening before bed, in place of small meals, or any other time when steady amino release is desired.

As with any protein product, the effectiveness is going to depend on the individual, how they used the supplement and what their goals are. Personally, this product excelled in the two ways that I used it. The first was when I knew there was going to be a big gap between meals and I needed long lasting energy. Depending on my schedule, I would mix one to two scoops of this protein and drink before my plans. This would keep me full and provided energy without any additional food intake for up to eight hours without any stomach pain or other problems. I did not need to focus on or think about food during this time and my full attention would be with the task at hand.

The second way I used this protein was as it is normally suggested, before bed. If I had some extra protein macros at the end of the night, this was a perfect before bed snack to tide me over. No problems with digestion during the night and I would not wake up the next morning with hunger pains or the feeling that I needed to eat right away. With the sweet taste, this product was also effective at knocking out any sweet tooth craving that I would have after dinner. Instead of reaching for candy, ice cream or a baked cinnamon roll; a scoop or two of this worked out perfectly.

In terms of building muscle or losing fat while using this product; those aspects are determined by many other factors in a person's life and no protein supplement should make or break one's progress. Did this product help me build muscle? Possibly, or at least it helped me maintain my current muscle mass because it helped make sure my protein intake was met each day. Did this product help me lose fat? Again, possibly or at the very least it helped me maintain my current status. I could also make a case that it was effective at keeping me from gaining weight because it replaced unhealthier sweet snacks at night that are just full of sugar, fat and carbs with little to no protein.

This product comes in multiple flavors and two tub sizes. The smallest size is a two-pound tub that can be found online for around $27 at the current time (AllStarHealth.com). This size tub gets you about 26 servings. As with most proteins, the flavor can sometimes change the price and/or be on a special discount. The other size available is a four-pound tub, which the same website currently has listed for $45. This size tub gets you about 51 servings. If you want a specific flavor, you may have to pay a little bit more at a specific retailer if the lowest cost one is out of stock or does not carry the flavor you want.

**Please also note that Dymatize recently went through a re-branding of their products and some products with the older labeling and possibly different formulas/ingredients are still on the market. The older packaging used black containers while the newest products are white and blue. As retailers work to clear out the inventory of the older label products, you may be able to find an excellent clearance deal on those. Just pay attention to the listed best by dates for the previous versions.

Side Effects

None experienced. While casein does not digest as quickly as whey, I did not experience any stomach issues while taking it. There are very few carbs and no sugar listed for each scoop, so I can only assume the lactose content is low or non-existent.

Conclusion

In the end, Dymatize's Elite Casein turned out to be everything I would hope and look for with this type of protein. The flavor was great and something I could drink on a continual basis. I do hope they come out with some more exotic flavors in the future to compete with the other big brands in this category. Only four flavors does not leave much room for change. The effectiveness in the two ways that I used this product was as expected and helped me achieve the desired outcome I was looking for. The price is in-line with the current market for casein protein from the big, reputable brands. With no negative side effects experienced; overall, we have winner with this product if you are looking into supplementing with casein protein. Once again thank you to Dymatize for sending a tub out to me for this review.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  June 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Multiple Flavor Options
  • Non GMO
  • Great Macros
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • Desired Flavor May Effect Price

Update 6/5/2018

VMI Sports just announced that this product will be available in a larger 70 serving tub along with the 25 serving tub that I reviewed. This announcement greatly helps the value per serving for this product when purchased directly from the VMI website.

From the brand:
ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate is the industry's first 100% cold pressed & filtered whey protein isolate formula to fuel muscle growth, recovery, and hydration.

Update 6/5/2018

From the brand:

Thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to run and review many of the products that the company produces. My thoughts in this review are going to be on their whey protein isolate product ProtoLyte. Not only is this protein a lean and clean formula, it also has some added extras to improve your hydration. As many of us know, a dehydrated lifter or athlete is not going to be able to perform at his or her best. Gains and hydration, could it be dream come true?

The ingredient profile for ProtoLyte is simple and short, which is a great attribute to have with a protein powder in my opinion. First, as expected, is the whey protein and VMI uses a non GMO cold processed whey protein isolate (WPI). In the protein world, this is one of the best forms of whey that any product can use. No heat or chemicals have been used to separate the protein from the carbs and fats that do not belong in a product like this.
After the protein, all that is left is the flavoring/sweeteners along with a thickener and the digestive enzymes. An approximately 29 gram scoop yields 25 grams of protein, leaving just of four grams of fillers and non-active ingredients, which is a fantastic ratio in my opinion. When buying a protein powder, I do not want to pay for fillers when the purpose is muscle building protein. There are some proteins on the market where 40%+ of the tub is filler but not here!

Lastly, you have some additional added TRAACS and Albion registered hydration ingredients. These are included for "superior hydration and performance" according to the brand. Some people may get their daily value of these ingredients from the food they eat but for those who don't, a scoop or two of this protein will help you meet your goals.

Taste >> After looking at the VMI website to see which flavor options are available and with all of them sounding good to me; I left it up to the rep to choose the flavor to send. I received the vanilla peanut butter flavor and it was fantastic. Normally brands go the chocolate peanut butter route and one of the flavors usually overpowers the other. This was a nice change of pace with the vanilla and peanut butter flavors being equal. It was unique and awesome with no problems taking down an entire tub of this flavor while not getting bored with the taste.

Mixability >> Needless to say with the minimal ingredients list and high-quality whey protein used for this product, there was no issue with mixing. I always used a shaker cup with water and no blender ball. Ten seconds of shaking produced a completely mixed ready to go drink. No clumps, nothing on the sides of the shaker and nothing that settled to the bottom.

Dosing >> As with most protein powders, the dosing is left up to the individual and how additional protein will fit their lifestyle. This was a perfect option for taking post workout because of the high-quality protein and how easy it was to drink with the amazing flavor. The brand recommends one scoop in eight ounces of liquid.

With the macros being almost pure protein with less than one carb and no fat, this product was effective for me if I needed to fill some protein macros at the end of the day but did not have any carbs or fat leftover. My favorite snack at night if I had the macros available was to add a scoop or two of this protein into a Nutra Bullet along with some ice and liquid to produce a home-made frosty. This was effective at satisfying any sweet tooth feeling that I had.

No issues with digestibility either. There is no lactose in each scoop of this product because of the high-quality protein used but they still added some digestive enzymes for those that might be extremely sensitive. I usually only see these enzymes is whey concentrate products and those with lower quality protein blends, so it was a nice little bonus to see some included here.

At this moment, All Star Health has the lowest retail price for a tub of this protein at $34.99 with a choice of only three of the flavors. In terms of total cost, that website charges a flat $5.95 shipping rate. You can also find this product on Amazon in certain flavors for $39.99, including free shipping. If you want the option of being able to choose from all the available flavors, the only consistent place to go would be VMI Sports' website, where each tub retails for $49.99. Shipping is an additional $7.99. They do offer a 20% military discount. Each 1.6 pound tub will get you 25 scoops though, almost a month if used once per day. They just released information on a larger 70 serving tub that is listed on the VMI website for $89.99.

Side Effects

None experienced. Just sadness when the tub is gone. Lactose free with added digestive enzymes, so not much fear of gas or bloating for most of the population.

Conclusion

To wrap things up, this product is a superior whey protein isolate with some added extras that puts it over the top of others on the market. I would have never thought about having a protein with added minerals and electrolytes for improved hydration but now that I have experienced this product, I wish other brands would follow in VMI Sports' path. The taste of the flavor I received was amazing and the product made a perfect supplement to my training and lifestyle. There may be some sticker shock when a person first looks at the price and the size of the tub, but some research will show that VMI Sports is in the same ballpark as other similar high-quality isolates (lower price than some, higher price than others). And in my opinion, they stand out amongst some because of the multiple flavor options that are available. Some of the other comparable isolate products only have the standard chocolate and vanilla flavors available. If you are a whey protein isolate person who is tired of the same old brand/flavors that you have been using, take a look at this product from VMI Sports for a change to your taste buds. Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. You have hit a home-run with ProtoLyte!

2.0
Thanks to Alcyon Health for sending it out!
  May 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Available On Amazon
  • Under-dosed Ingredients

From the brand:
ErosVigor - LiquidCap Sexual Enhancement & Performance Supplement for Men & Women. This one is for the overachievers. That extra rep at the gym. Round two beneath the sheets. We believe in optimizing your body - to be stronger, to perform better, to last longer - and with ErosVigorTM, we can help you get there. ErosVigorTM is an all-natural performance supplement designed to bring out the very best in you. Our blend of amino acids and plant-derived ingredients is specially formulated to maximize sexual performance, increase strength, and provide you with long-lasting sustained energy.

First, thank you to Alcyon Health for participating here on SR.com and sending me out ErosVigor to try and review. I have seen this product listed in the TROOP vault for quite a while and decided to pull the trigger and give it a go. Who couldn't use some added performance in the gym, in the bedroom and throughout your day? Lately, my energy levels have been low with sporadic motivation to go to the gym and lift. My libido, stamina and performance could all use a kick in the a$$ and I am hoping this product provides it.

The ingredient profile is simple and straight-forward for this product. Four ingredients with fully disclosed doses in one capsule.

Yohimbine HCL - 5mg

Naturally-derived from the African yohimbe tree, yohimbine supports vascular health by increasing blood flow studies find yohimbine to be an effective treatment for erectile disfunction studies also indicate that yohimbine may support fat loss by increasing the body's metabolic rate.

L-Arginine Ethyl Esters - 250mg

A versatile amino acid, l-arginine EE gets converted into nitric oxide in the body, essential for vascular health and arousal. it also supports muscle growth, recovery, and healing scientific studies show taking l-arginine improves sexual performance among men with low nitric oxide levels.

L-Carnitine Base - 430mg

Also known as vitamin BT, l-carnitine is the amino acid responsible for converting fat into energy studies show l-carnitine increases sexual response and arousal.

Niacin - 20mg

Otherwise known as vitamin B3, niacin is an effective vasodilator, improving blood flow in the body when taken in combination, l-arginine, l-carnitine and niacin are effective in the treatment and prevention of erectile dysfunction.

As you can see, this product contains ingredients that many of us are familiar with because they can be found in other products like pre-workouts or fat burners. In terms of the dosages, I am happy with the Yohimbine amount because too much of that ingredient can ruin the entire product. Many people try to avoid Yohimbine at all costs because of the negative side effects associated with taking just a little more than your body can handle. As for the L-Arginine and L-Carnitine doses, those seem low when compared to the amounts we typically see used in pre-workouts or fat burners. Knowing this is a different type of product and being in a category that I have not used before, I will give the company the benefit of the doubt for the dosages that they choose. Lastly, we have Niacin (or B3) which is quite common in supplements and this product includes 100% of your daily value. For anyone low in this vitamin, this product will provide an added insurance policy to your regular food intake.

Taste >> Product is in capsule form, nothing to taste.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to report here. Open the tub and pop a capsule.

Dosing >> Not much information is provided by the brand for dosing other than take one capsule daily. No recommendation on time of day or specifically before training or when sexual activity is expected. Since there are no stimulants in this product, you could take it any time of day. Just be cautious of the Yohimbine and how your body reacts to that ingredient.

Since this product did not give any specific times to consume the daily dose, I decided to start taking my one capsule in the morning when I woke up. I followed this dosing protocol for the first seven to ten days of taking this product. During that time, I felt no effects or improvement in my energy levels, stamina, libido or sexual desire. My performance also did not change when it came to my morning cardio or my weight training sessions later in the day. Not even the dose of Yohimbine was felt during this time.

For the next seven to ten days, I decided to move my dosing into the afternoon. This was after my morning cardio and when my body and mind was more awake and functioning. This change in time also moved the dosing closer to my weight training sessions, which I was hoping would have a more pronounced effect on my lifting. Sadly, this was not the case and much like the morning dosing protocol, nothing was felt or noticed compared to when I wasn't consuming this product. My energy levels, stamina, libido and sexual desire were unchanged and still low.

I then decided to up the dosage and consume two capsules per day. One in the morning upon waking and another in the afternoon. While the product recommends only one capsule daily, I didn't want to just keep consuming the product and seeing no effects when there were other options to try. Since the label is fully disclosed, I felt confident in being able to increase my dosage and not experience any side effects. While that was true, I also did not experience any benefits from doubling the dosage of this product. No added performance boost in the gym or the bedroom. Libido and stamina stayed the same throughout the entire tub. No change in blood flow noticed or felt during training or when doing other activities *wink wink*. Everything in my body felt the same throughout all the experimentation with this product while I had it.

At this time, it looks like you can purchase this product either directly from the brand's website or from Amazon for $32 per 45 capsule tub. Going through Amazon does include free shipping as does the brand's website for standard delivery time. You can upgrade to expedited or priority shipping for either an additional $5.00 or $10.00.

Side Effects

None to report. Does contain Yohimbine, so be cautious if that ingredient causes side effects for you personally.

Conclusion

In the end, this product was just a pretty looking capsule inside a white tub with other similar looking pretty capsules. The ingredient profile was fully disclosed, which is always a plus for me. I did not experience any side effects, even with doubling the recommended dosage. Other than that, there is nothing positive I can report from using this product. As I mentioned in the ingredient profile section, the doses of the Arginine and Carnitine seemed low but I wanted to give the company the benefit of the doubt for a product in this category. After using an entire tub, I am left wondering if higher doses of those ingredients would have provided some effectiveness to this product for my body. Unless this gets reformulated, I will never know because I would not purchase it with my own money. Thank you again to Alcyon Health for being a part of SR.com.

Overall
Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
  May 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pill Form
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Widely Available
  • Value Per Serving
  • Spotty Effectiveness
  • Artificial Colors

From the brand: "Olympus Labs Amnes1a - Multifaceted Sleep Aid & Improved Mood! Increase Quality Of Sleep & Decreases Levels Of Stress! Sleep Like A Demigod Or Demigoddess!"
Claims made by the brand for this product include:

-Sleep like a Demigod or Demigoddess
-No Withdrawals Or Unwanted Side Effects
-All Natural Approach In Sleep Optimization With Key Synergistic Ingredients
-Fueled by KannaEase

First off, thank you to Olympus Labs for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I decided to give this product a try because my main battle with recovery and progress in my training is sleep. I have issues most nights with falling asleep and staying asleep throughout the entire night. As many gym-goers and athletes know, if your body is not able to rest and repair, then you probably will not be able to make progress in your training. And who wants to be stuck in a rut? After trying some other sleep supplements with sporadic results, I decided to see what Olympus Labs has to offer. This is my first product that I have tried from this brand, so let's see how it went.

Information provided by the brand:

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Sake Yeast) - 500 mg - Research has indicated that this type of yeast contains a high number of adenosine analogues. Adenosine does a number of things in the body, but one of its primary functions is to maintain balance between the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adenosine supports a good night's sleep and stimulates levels of GH. The stimulation of this powerful hormone is one of the things that sets Amnes1a apart and makes it a potent anabolic formula as well as an effective sleep aid.

Dioscorea Pseudojaponic (Dioscin) - 300 mg - Dioscin originates in Wild Yam and Sarsaparilla (also known as Smilax) and is a natural steroid that stimulates GH release, which, as indicated above, takes this formula from being a sleep aid and makes it a serious muscle builder.

Valeriana Officinalis (Valerian Root) - 450 mg - This herb has a long history of use as a relief to anxiety and as a natural sleep aid. Valerian contains three active ingredients: Valerenic Acid, Valenol, and Valepotriate, with Valerenic Acid being the most important in this case because it attaches to GABA receptors, which help your mind and body relax so you can fall asleep faster and sleep through the night.

Passionflower Extract - 300 mg - This is another herb that can increase levels of GABA, which promotes feelings of relaxation. Passionflower is a standard ingredient in many natural sleep aids as well as having an extended use in traditional medicines as a remedy for various sleep disorders.

Melissa Officinalis (min 5% rosmarinic acid) - 300 mg - This is more commonly known as lemon balm and has a long use in traditional medicinals as a remedy for sleep disorders. It's a regular ingredient in many herbal sleep formulas because it can reduce stress and promote relaxation and it's included here due to its proven effectiveness.

L-Theanine - 100 mg - This amino acid shows up most often in high stim pre-workouts because it smooths out the effects of the sometimes extreme caffeine/stimulant blends. Why is it here? It can help the mind relax so you can the sleep you need.

Kanna Ease Sceletium Tortuosum - 25 mg - A mind that's racing with thoughts is not the way to get to sleep. Kanna Ease is an herbal extract that acts as a stress reducer and as a remedy that will calm the mind. Initial studies on this ingredient have shown that it has additional cognitive benefits and promotes a positive sense of well-being, but its function here is to work synergistically with Theanine as a mental relaxant.

Melatonin - 3 mg - This is a well-known sleep aid that, in its natural state as a hormone in the body, has a primary role in the regulation of the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adding this into the Amnes1a formula means it will help you achieve the correct amount of sleep for you as well as help you fall asleep easier.

Magnesium - 133 mg - This essential mineral is needed in order for your body to function normally. People that are magnesium deficient will experience restless sleep and wake up frequently throughout the night. Normal levels of magnesium help you achieve deep, restful sleep without constantly waking up because it supports normal levels of GABA, the neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation and sleep. Additionally, magnesium helps control stress and can help reduce levels of the catabolic hormone cortisol - good news for any bodybuilder or athlete!

As you can see, the ingredient profile for this product is fully disclosed, which is always nice and somewhat expected in the supplement industry today. Most of the ingredients in this product are completely new to me and we have a few common ones as well, like L-Theanine, Melatonin and Magnesium. The originality of the ingredients is initially what attracted me to this product; since the others I have used have not produced the desired results.

Taste >> Product comes in capsule form, nothing to taste.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Pop the pills and get ready for bed.

Dosing >> As suggested on the bottle, take 4 capsules one to two hours before bed. Do not exceed 4 capsules in a 24 hour period. Warning: Not intended for use by persons under age 18. Do not exceed recommended dose. Get the consent of a licensed physician before using this product, especially if you are taking medication, have a medical condition, you are pregnant, nursing or thinking about becoming pregnant. DISCONTINUE USE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY. KEEP THIS PRODUCT AND ALL SUPPLEMENTS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

In my battle to relax and get a good night's sleep, I have tried many different methods and supplements and am willing to give almost anything a try. Past experiences with supplements have left a lot to be desired and I am hoping this one is the "magic pill" I have been looking for. Please note that I tried taking this supplement on an empty stomach and with food. The effects listed below were the same for both instances. Most sleep supplements that I have tried say to take the product on an empty stomach for the best effectiveness. This one did not make any statement about taking on an empty stomach in the dosing instructions, so I tried both options to see if one was more effective than the other.

Sadly, after running through an entire bottle of this, I did not find the consistent sleep and relaxation effects as promised. I basically look for two main points with any sleep aid I try. The first is the product's ability to knock me out relatively shortly after consuming it. The second is for the product to keep me asleep through the entire night without restlessness. I am willing to deal with some morning grogginess or fog if the product is effective in those two other areas. That is mainly because my work shift does not start until the afternoon, so I have some time to push through a slow morning if the product causes that.

Unfortunately, this product did not deliver consistently on either of the two main points I look for. In terms of the knock-out ability of this product, there was none. The dosing instructions say to take one to two hours before bed. On many occasions I would still be wide awake three hours later. Unless I was already quite tired from the day, this supplement did not provide a relaxation or drowsy effect for a large percentage of the doses.

In regard to the second effect of being able to keep me asleep through the night without restlessness, this product was slightly more effective in comparison to being able to knock me out. Some nights I would toss and turn a little less compared to previous nights before taking this supplement. Most of the other nights were no different from before; awake multiple times and not be able to get back into a deep sleep. Towards the end of the bottle, I increased the dosage from four capsules to five to see if any of the benefits would be better. Unfortunately for those couple of nights, nothing changed in terms of effectiveness with the increased dosage.

Overall, the results of using this product were inconsistent and mostly disappointing. I wouldn't say it was never effective but there was always doubts when taking it at night whether it was going to help or not. That is the reason I rated the effectiveness a five. A four states it didn't do anything while a six means it seemed like it was working but not much of a boost. It didn't do anything on some nights and worked a little on others, hence the reasoning for my five rating.

It looks like the common price across the internet for a bottle of this is $34.99. Take your pick of retailers from Amazon, A1 Supplements, I'll Pump You Up, Suppz.com plus others. Each bottle includes 120 capsules, which is 30 servings if you consume the four capsules at a time as suggested. If you purchase this from Amazon, it currently has free shipping included while the other supplement sites will charge you for shipping if you do not meet a certain dollar amount threshold.

Side Effects

Outside of spotty effectiveness, nothing negative experienced during the bottle.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I had high hopes for this product because it was something new to the sleep supplement market that I have not tried before. Sadly, Amnes1a did not provide consistent results for me during the product run. The cost, availability and ease of use is all there for this product but the most important factor of effectiveness did not deliver in my situation. The information provided about the different ingredients in this product was exciting and I wish they worked as intended. I did not have any negative side effects while using this product and maybe your effectiveness will be better but this supplement is a pass for me. Once again, thank you to Olympus Labs for being a part of the SR.com TROOPer program and sending me out a bottle of Amnes1a to try.

Overall
Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
  May 26, 2018

• Regularity
  • Stool Softening
  • Gentle
  • Feeling Of Wellbeing

Was the Gentle Cleanse not enough for you? If so, should you step up to the Gentle Detox leagues? This review is going to be very similar to my review of the Gentle Cleanse product from the same company. (https://supplementreviews.com/herbal-nitro/gentle-cleanse/review/knock-55910#toprev) That is because I had the same results during this product run as I did with the previous.

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro...

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I picked up this bottle to run and compare to my experience with My Gentle Cleanse from the same brand. I had no cons to list while running the cleanse version and I know the detox version is supposed to be a little more aggressive.

Same as the Gentle Cleanse product, all the ingredients are hidden behind a prop blend. Again, this is not that big of a deal for me with a product like this. I do not believe there has been scientific studies done on these ingredients to prove what an efficacious dose is, as it likely depends on the individual and how their body reacts. Each capsule does contain six ingredients for a total of 493mg per capsule. They are:

CASCARA SAGRADA -- Also used in the form of Casanthranol USP as a purified mixture of anthranol glycosides, Cascara is a botanical laxative of natural origin. When taken in small quantity, its laxative effect on the large bowel has been shown to lead to favorable changes in absorption, secretion, and motility. The bark, or historically called "sacred bark," helps increase the peristaltic action of the colon, and can help relieve and regulate the bowels.

SENNA LEAF -- Senna is an herbal laxative and a vital aid in gastrointestinal motility. When compared to Cascara Sagrada, its role in colon motility is more focused on the peristaltic action, or push, with a reduced absorption of water and electrolytes. Senna's powerful sennosides (anthraquinone glycosides) are highly and globally sought for their help in natural alleviation of constipation.

DANDELION -- Dandelion, today and for ages, has been used for minor digestive problems and diuresis. With dandelion's naturally high phenolic content, it should not be passed over because of its botanical antioxidant activity. The flower has also been shown to favorably affect different processes in the adipocyte life cycle-by attenuating adipose tissue growth and promoting lipolysis, it can play a beneficial role in oxidative stress.

ARTICHOKE -- Artichoke is a species of thistle that is often used for food, especially in Mediterranean diets. It has also long been implemented in herbal medicines, particularly for its antioxidant benefits and its choleretic and diuretic activities. In some studies artichoke leaf extracts have also demonstrated "antioxidative and protective properties against hydroperoxide-induced oxidative stress.

MILK THISTLE SEED -- Milk Thistle, otherwise known as silymarin, is a popular herbal supplement with liver-targeting activities. Silymarin extracts have been shown to inhibit several P450s in vitro, enzymes that catalyze the oxidative metabolism in the human liver, which significantly help cellular metabolism and can lead to the altering of immune and inflammatory responses.

SARSAPARILLA ROOT -- Sarsaparilla root is widely used for its capability in detoxicating, clearing heat and relieving dampness. It has been used as an herbal treatment to scurvy, rheumatism, psoriasis, and more; while one of its most prominent benefits is its rich phenolic content (which can act as an antioxidant) and concomitant anti-inflammatory activities.

Taste >> Nothing to report here. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Move along

Dosing >> The recommendation is one pill a day with a full glass of water. The time of day you take it will vary based on the individual and their daily activities. Based on my experience with the Gentle Cleanse product, I took each serving at night before I went to bed.

As I mentioned in the Gentle Cleanse review, normally I would have one bowel movement in the morning shortly after waking up but on some rare occasions that wouldn't happen for the morning and would be pushed off until the afternoon or evening. I would say that my body was pretty consistent but could always use some improvement at times.

Now on to my experience while using this product. After how my body reacted to taking the Gentle Cleanse product, I knew that I was going to take each pill at night before bed and not experiment with taking it in the morning as I did before. Since I typically eat most of my food in the evening, I would take my one capsule after my last meal right before bed. Using this dosing protocol did not cause any issues with sleeping or waking me up in the middle of the night to go. By taking this at night after eating all my food, it felt like the ingredients had all night to work through my body and produce the intended results. Just like the product before this, that is exactly how everything worked out. I would wake up around 9AM the next morning and everything would be ready to move on a consistent basis. There was never an urgent "Get out of my way!" occurrence during use of the entire bottle but I could definitely tell things were moving. There was no issue even if I happened to sleep a little later on my days off from work.

Just like with the Gentle Cleanse, along with my morning bowel movement I would consistently have a second about three hours later just before leaving for work. Nothing else was different the rest of the day, so I can say this product was effective at making my bowel movements more consistent and increasing them by one per day, just as the Gentle Cleanse product did. No pain, discomfort or issues to report from using this product. Again, there were a few times that my stool was softer than normal, but I am not sure if that was because of this product or the food I ate the night before. Since this was not a consistent effect, I will just briefly mention it in this section.

It looks like the only place that you can currently purchase this product is directly from the Herbal Nitro website. The list price is $15.99 and free shipping if you order over $75 worth of product. Otherwise shipping looks to be between $4 and $6, depending on how quickly you want to receive it. I find this to be a great value when you factor in each bottle contains 30 capsules and you may not have to use it every day. Between $0.50 and $0.75 per serving for a product that will get things moving and provide effective relief is top notch in my book. You can also purchase this product along with the Gentle Cleanse as a bundle package for $22.50 on the website, compared to $32 if you purchased them separately.

The company also provides a 30 day "stress-free guarantee", so if you are not happy with the product just contact them and they will work something out with you. I would also do a quick search of the online coupon sites before purchasing. When I was researching the cost for this review, I noticed there were some coupons posted for their website that could save you more money. Plus if you happen to use the Ebates program, purchasing from this site will currently get you 15% cash back.

Side Effects

None to report. I took this at night before bed and it did not cause any issues with sleep. Some of the other reviews have mentioned stomach noise and gas but I did not experience those or at least they weren't severe enough to wake me up at night. And no mid night or early morning bathrooms trips needed.

Conclusion

In the end, this product worked as intended with no side effects and would be a great investment for those who would like to be more regular on a consistent basis. I feel thankful to have not had any of the side effects that the other reviewers mentioned during their use. Not sure if that will be the case for anyone else who tries this product but it was a winner all around for me. If you are someone who is regular on a consistent basis with only occasional problems, I would recommend trying the Gentle Cleanse product from this company first. If that does not work, this Gentle Detox product would be the next step. There seems to be a higher possibility of side effects with this product based on other reviews, but thankfully I did not experience any of those. Since each bottle is 30 servings, occasional use could have the bottle last three months or more for under $20. As this product is the same cost as the Gentle Cleanse, produced the same results and still had no side effects for me; my rating is going to be same.

Overall
    Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
      April 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gentle
    • Effective
    • Cheap
    • Feeling Of Wellbeing
    • Stool Softening

Ever feel like things just haven't been moving along lately? Feeling a little backed-up or that you are carrying around something extra that you'd rather not? If so, Herbal Nitro and My Gentle Cleanse may have you covered.

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I picked up this bottle because there are times when I feel the internal plumbing is not working as efficiently as I would like it to. After reading the other positive reviews here on the site, I decided this product was something I needed to try. Let's see how it went.

While all the ingredients for this product are hidden behind a prop blend, it is actually not that big of a deal for me with a product like this. I do not believe there has been scientific studies done on these ingredients to prove what an efficacious dose is, as it likely depends on the individual and how their body reacts. Each capsule does contain five ingredients for a total of 487mg per capsule. They are:

CASCARA SAGRADA -- Historically known as "sacred bark," this plant has a natural laxative effect, and helps relieve and regulate the bowels.

SENNA -- An herbal laxative that helps the peristaltic action (the push) of your colon-mostly in the small intestine.

FENNEL -- A widely used herbal plant that's useful in more than just cooking. Fennel seed is great for its essential fatty acids and its digestive, antioxidant abilities.

DANDELION -- This pretty plant has a high phenolic content (it's an antioxidant), and helps with minor digestive problems.

ALOE VERA -- This plant has been considered a global panacea and used as a healing product for ages. Among its other uses, Aloe can be a soothing aid in bowel discomfort.

Taste >> Nothing to report here. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Move along

Dosing >> The recommendation is one pill a day with a full glass of water. The time of day you take it will vary based on the individual and their daily activities. I personally took most of the servings from the bottle each night before I went to bed.

Before I get into the effects of taking this product, I will briefly detail what a typical day would be like. Normally I would have one bowel movement in the morning shortly after waking up but on some rare occasions that wouldn't happen for the morning and would be pushed off until the afternoon or evening. I would say that my body was pretty consistent but could always use some improvement at times.

Now on to my experience while using this product. The first few servings I took of this product was in the morning shortly after waking up. For those times, I would always have my morning bowel movement then another later in the afternoon. Since I work swing shift, that afternoon trip to the bathroom happened when I was at work. While that is normally not an issue; work tasks and staff coverage could sometimes pose an issue if I really needed to leave and use the restroom. With that in mind, I decided to switch my intake to the evening before I went to sleep.

Since I typically eat most of my food in the evening, I would take my one capsule after my last meal right before bed. Using this dosing protocol did not cause any issues with sleeping or waking me up in the middle of the night to go. By taking this at night after eating all my food, it felt like the ingredients had all night to work through my body and produce the intended results. Thankfully, that is exactly how everything worked out for me. I would wake up around 9AM the next morning and everything would be ready to move on a consistent basis. There was never an urgent "Get out of my way!" occurrence during use of the entire bottle but I could definitely tell things were moving. There was no issue even if I happened to sleep a little later on my days off from work.

Along with always having my morning bowel movement, I would consistently have a second about three hours later just before leaving for work. This would rarely happen before I started taking this product, so I could tell this was a result of taking My Gentle Cleanse. Nothing else was different the rest of the day, so I can say this product was effective at making my bowel movements more consistent and increasing them by one per day. No pain, discomfort or issues to report from using this product. There were a few times that my stool was softer than normal, but I am not sure if that was because of this product or the food I ate the night before. Since this was not a consistent effect, I will just briefly mention it in this section.

Side Effects

None to report. I took this mainly at night before bed and it did not cause any issues with sleep. Some of the other reviews have mentioned stomach noise and gas but I did not experience those or at least they weren't severe enough to wake me up at night.

Conclusion

In the end, this product worked as intended with no side effects and would be a great investment for those who would like to be more regular on a consistent basis. I feel thankful to have not had any of the side effects that the other reviewers mentioned during their use. Not sure if that will be the case for anyone else who tries this product but it was a winner all around for me. If you are someone who is regular on a consistent basis with only occasional problems, this product would be worth having around for those times. Since each bottle is 30 servings, occasional use could have the bottle last six months or more for under $20.

Overall
      Overall
      6.6
        April 23, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Flavor Selection
      • Lots Of Fillers
      • Low Protein Percentage
      • No Digestive Enzymes

BSN Syntha-6 protein powder. Surely many people who have lifted weights sometime in their life has either heard of, seen the red tubs or consumed this protein. Now there is an "Edge" version. Do you like living on the "Edge"?

Not much to say here for this product. Many of us who have been using supplements for years know the BSN name, probably either for their NO Xplode pre-workout or because of Syntha-6 protein powder. This review is going to be for the "Edge" version, which basically means the macro profile is a little bit leaner and cleaner than the standard Syntha-6 protien.

The macros will vary slightly depending on which flavor you choose and mine is going to be based on the Chocolate Milkshake flavor that I purchased. There are a total of seven flavors available for this protein in the approximate two pound tub.

Serving Size 1 Scoop (38g)
      Servings Per Container: 28

Protein 24 g

Calcium 15%
      Iron 10%

Ingredients:
      Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Concentrate), Sunflower Powder (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- & Di-Glycerides, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural & Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Salt, Potassium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.

As you can see from the label, this powder is about 63% protein by weight per scoop. This is compared to the regular Syntha-6 version of this flavor which is only ~47 % protein by weight per scoop. Calories are less in this version at 150 per scoop compared to 200 for the original. Fat is only 3.5g compared to 6g. Carbs come in at 6g per scoop for the Edge compared to 15g for the original. Out of those carbs, 1g is fiber and 2g is sugar. This compared to the original which has 5g of fiber and the same 2g of sugar. The Edge version gets you 24g of protein per scoop compared to only 22g in the original.

Moving into the ingredients section, the protein portion is comprised of a blend of you guessed it, six types of protein. The first three are all whey based with WPC, WPI and Hydrolyzed Whey Protein. There is no mention on the label or BSN's website of how the whey protein is processed. Since this product is not trying to be the cleanest protein on the market, it is safe to say that Ion-exchange was likely not used, in my honest opinion. These whey proteins are used for the fast-acting amino acid infusion into the body to start muscle repair after a workout. All the different versions of whey included in this product have slightly different digestion rates and bioavailability values. After the three types of whey protein, we have calcium caseinate, micellar casein and milk protein concentrate. These proteins combined are the slower digesting forms of this product, meant to keep a steady flow of amino acids running through your system for multiple hours. Some people swear by protein blends for increased muscle protein synthesis while others swear by having whey and casein proteins at separate times of the day.

After the protein matrix, the rest of the ingredients are the thickeners, flavoring agents and sweeteners that make this product live up to BSN's taste claims. These ingredients make up the other 37% of the scoop and are not the most natural of ingredients if that is a characteristic you are looking for in a protein powder. Please note that are also no digestive enzymes included in this product.

Taste >> This is where BSN makes its name when it comes to proteins. Their claim is "ultra-premium protein matrix with amazing milkshake-like taste and texture." Personally, I believe that is achieved with the large amount of thickeners, flavoring agents and sweeteners that I mentioned in the ingredient section. Since this is not the cleanest or most macro friendly protein powder on the market, I would expect to be blown away by the flavor. The chocolate milkshake flavor mostly lived up to the claims. Strong chocolate flavor and thick consistency when following the recommended liquid amount of 4-5 ounces per scoop. If the water or milk is ice cold, you definitely get the milkshake feeling while drinking. Sadly, that feeling does not last long because the shake is only 4-5 ounces. You can add more liquid as I did a few times but it dilutes the flavor and just makes a thinner shake as expected. If you increase the water but want the same taste and consistency, you will need to add more powder.

Mixability >> Throughout the use of my tub, I tried mixing this powder two ways. The first was using the 4-5 ounces of water in a shaker bottle without the blender ball. This route gave a final product that was about 90% mixed in my opinion. There would still be some clumps throughout the liquid and some leftovers on the sides of the shaker bottle. When I did the same but added in the blender ball, the shake ended up much better with everything mixed and nothing left on the sides of the cup. If you don't have a blender ball or some other type of mixer in your shaker cup, the shake is still drinkable but you might have to chew a few small clumps and/or you might feel them in your throat.

Dosing >> As with most protein powders, the dosing is left up to the individual and how additional protein will fit their lifestyle. Most people who have been lifting weights for many years go the route of having a protein shake after training. Since this product has a low recommendation for liquid amount, it is easy to down a scoop quickly. BSN also mentions that this can be used anytime day or night because of the different types of protein included.

As with dosing, the effectiveness of a protein product can only be determined by the individual using it. If the food you typically eat does not contain a lot of protein, this product will be effective at increasing your intake. Or if you are a person who has trouble consuming enough whole food to meet your goals, this product will be effective at allowing you to quickly consume some protein and calories without using up too much volume in your stomach. For those hard gainers, this product does contain some extra carbs and fat compared to some others on the market without going overboard. If you really have a hard time meeting your caloric goals, I would recommend going with the original Syntha-6 version instead of this one. This product was also effective for me at satisfying my sweet tooth that would sometimes kick in towards the end of the evening. I could mix up a scoop or two in some cold liquid and trick myself into thinking I was drinking a milkshake.

In terms of value, this protein comes in some odd sizes compared to what the market is used to. Normally protein powders are sold in two pound and five pound tubs or somewhat close to those weights. This protein however is sold in either 2.25 or 3.86 pound tubs. The smaller size tub gets you 28 servings while the larger tub gets you 48 servings.

A lot of stores and websites carry this product, so there may be a better deal out there or a big sale might pop up compared to what I am currently finding. The 28 serving tub looks to be going for between $25 and $30 on most websites and varies depending on the flavor, equaling out to about one dollar per serving. The 48 serving tub pricing will again vary depending on site and flavor selection. Currently I can find prices ranging from $38 up to the mid $40 range on average. Buying the larger tub will obviously drop your per serving cost to below one dollar each compared to buying the smaller tub. With so many stores and flavor options, the chances of finding a great deal are much higher if you take some time to look around and/or possible find someone who has an inventory that is approaching expiration.

Side Effects

Personally, I did not experience any side effects with this protein supplement. I can drink pure WPC products without issue, so I had no fear in picking this one up. As a bit of caution to others, since the first protein listed in the ingredients is a concentrate, I would recommend anyone sensitive to lactose to try and get a sample of this protein before buying an entire tub, especially because it does not contain any digestive enzymes.

Conclusion

To wrap things up, this protein is a great option for those who are more concerned with flavor than having the cleanest, most macro friendly protein powder available. With only ~63% protein per scoop, you are paying for a lot of non-active fillers but damn they taste good! If you have been using the regular Sythna-6 protein but are tired of taking in 15g of carbs per scoop and only 22g of protein, here is a great option to stay with the same brand and flavoring system but save some calories, macros and up your protein intake. Lastly, for those who may be new to consuming a protein powder and really value taste over everything else, this product has the flavor options for you and will likely deliver on the promise of "milkshake-like taste and texture". I can only speak to one flavor but I am confident a large company like BSN would have comparable quality across all flavor options of the same product.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.[\b]