dmf8625

SR TROOPer

• Reputation is high. (+2019)
  • Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by dmf8625

March 29, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers Or Additives
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Great Pumps
  • Possible Increased Recovery
  • Patented Ingredient Used
  • Over Half Empty Tub
  • Value Is Questionable To Some

From the brand:

AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate is the purest, most powerful nitric oxide pump supplement there is.

How would we describe our agmatine supplement, AgmaPure? It's the next generation product of agmatine sulfate - the purest, cleanest & most powerful nitric oxide pump available.

From the brand:

Currently, AgmaPure is the most unique green agmatine sulfate in our industry. It's of the highest purity, produced by natural biological process and away from the neurohazard impurity Arcaine, which exists in almost all the other brands of agmatine sulfate. Most other agmatine supplements contain impurities - that's NOT the case with AgmaPure.

SLEEVE-SPLITTING PUMPS
AgmaPure creates an immediate boost in nitric oxide delivering hard, dense pumps.

BETTER ENDURANCE
Agmatine sulfate improves blood flow and nutrient transport to working muscles, resulting in significantly greater endurance.

FASTER RECOVERY
Improved nutrient delivery ensures vital nutrients to muscles post workout, which speeds up recovery.

HEIGHTENED FOCUS
AgmaPure also acts as a neurotransmitter / neuromodulator in the brain, which improves focus during training.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. I picked up this supplement because who doesn't love some additional pump during their workout? I sure do but sadly some of the pre-workout products on the market are lacking in this area or they are using inferior ingredients. I have used supplements with agmatine in the formula before but I was limited by whichever dosage the formulator decided to put into the product. This pure individual product from VMI allows me to control the dosing to hopefully achieve my desired result for whichever workout I have planned for that day. Please read on to see how my experimentation went with this tub.

As a side note, when you receive a tub of this supplement, it will look mostly empty like there was a mistake in production. Having seen this with my tub, I decided to weigh out the entire container before my first use. Thankfully the contents measured out at exactly the 30 grams that the tub is expected to contain.

This is a pure and simple single ingredient product. The provided scoop supplies 500mg of agmatine sulfate in the registered form of AgmaPure. The following information is taken directly from the AgmaPure website (http://www.agmapure.com/).

What is AgmaPure?

Maximum Purity & Special Bioferment Technology

Agmapure has reliable craft to produce high-purity agmatine and NO bad breath and bacterial vaginosis. In the biotransformation process of Agmapure, the system utilizes water as medium, the reaction conditions basically lie in the active enzyme, and finally there isn't any hazard byproducts responsible for the foul odor of putrefying flesh and bacterial vaginosis. So it's quite convenient to control and won't bring up any concern about environmental pollution.

No Harmful Residues

The process is green and safe, without introducing in any unwanted and unknown impurity. No matter how accurately the process parameters are set and controlled, the byproduct Arcaine harmful chemical, always remains in the synthetic Agmatine product unavoidably. But for the biotransformation process of Agmapure, the specificity of the utilized enzyme is in high efficiency, so there is no byproduct produced during the process.

Solid Foundation
Agmapure has a validated reference standard and assay method proving efficacy and safety for athletes.

We always follow up on a regular basis the reaserch progress of Agmatine, collect and invent various methods of biosynthesis and analysis to upgrade our products and consumer experiences for better safety and stability

Technical Cooperation

Agmapure has established long and steady technical cooperative relations with universities, research institutes, which promote the upgrade of our products

We has combined experience in the fields of diplomacy, government and industry and technology. We are developing new scientific research basis and new functions below the premise that assures quality.

What are the benefits of AgmaPure?

Increase Pumps & Insulin Response

As a competitive inhibitor of all nitric oxide synthase isoenzymes, Agmapure stimulates some types of Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) and acts directly on endothelial cells to increase the NOS, which induces them to cause vasodilatation, specifically iNOS and nNOS, leading to increased blood flow to the muscle experienced by acting as a competitive inhibitor. Agmapure is a definite contributor to an overall good looking muscular physique lead to a full look to the muscle and increase muscle pumps: agmatine may improve nutrient partitioning, leading to more muscle glycogen stored and consequently more water retained in the muscle. As an imidazoline receptor agonist, Agmatine also showing insulin-like effect that may help improve insulin response through enhanced insulin production which is a key to a leaner, harder, more muscular body in bodybuilding circles.

Cardiovascular Benefits

Agmapure have cardiovascular benefits Due to its stimulation of NOS. It has a potential hypotensive benefit that may help aid in cardiovascular health. This hypotensive role is beneficial for bodybuilders or athletes that use stimulants or hormone based compounds that may cause elevations.

Anti-oxidant

As a known antioxidant, Agmapure aid the body in shedding unwanted free-radicals that have built up during the course of normal daily activities lead to more free radical buildup than with the average person. It helps to keep entire body in a better state of health by limiting the activity of glutamate, over excitation of the brain.

Analgesic effect

Agmapure has potential to modulate pain sensitivity due to its ability to inhibit hyperalgesia (increased sensitivity to pain) and itsneuroprotective activity. Therefore, it may potentiate the effects of analgesics used during recovery from injury in sports training. It offers a plethora of health benefits for athletes, elderly individuals, and people suffering from chronic pain or drug addiction. It can boost your workouts by making you more inclined to work.

Nootropic Effect

Agmapure has a decidedly Nootropic effect that can help those looking to achieve a mental edge, whether it is in the gym or in day to day life. It can also help support a healthy mood, anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and also stack well with other Nootropic supplements. The primary method of action for agmatine is by crossing the blood-brain barrier, entering into the central nervous system and then binding to NMDA Glutamate receptors which is the chief neurotransmitter involved in synaptic plasticity and memory function, this may be responsible for a number of the associated cognitive benefits of this supplement.

Neuroprotective Role

Agmapure is a neurotransmitter due to its antioxidant effect and its prevention of over excitation by glutamate. Agmatine influences brain function in a variety of ways. It inhibits hyperalgesia which protects against brain injury and neuron damage. It also enhances motoneuron and nerve recovery and is used to treat facial nerve damage because it accelerates healing and results in more complete nerve rehabilitation. It reduces stress placed on the brain, especially in the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. It also enhances motoneuron and nerve recovery and is used to treat facial nerve damage because it accelerates healing and results in more complete nerve rehabilitation.

Taste >> This supplement only comes in an unflavored version from VMI and since I always mixed it with a flavored pre or intra workout supplement, there is nothing I can report here. Whether I used 500mg or 1500mg, the powder did not affect the flavor of the other supplement that I was mixing it with.

Mixability >> Much like taste, the mixability of this product was overshadowed by whichever other supplement I was mixing it with. At any dosage that I tried (one to three scoops), the only change in mixability I noticed was slightly more foam in my shaker bottle. Nothing outrageous or that would hinder the drinkability of the product.

Dosing >> As per the brand, you can mix one to three scoops either pre-workout for improved pumps, intra-workout for better endurance or post-workout for improved recovery. I personally experimented with the dosing of one to three scoops at two different times on strength training days. Those details will be explained in the effectiveness section.

Before I speak about the effectiveness of this supplement, I wanted to provide some background information about myself and my training that others could use as a comparison to get a better idea of how this product may work for them. In terms of body size, I am 6'3" and during my use of this supplement weighed between 225 and 235 pounds. I have also been training for 15+ years and have used many different supplements during that time. With that information known, now onto the effectiveness that I had with this product.

In the beginning I started out using one scoop stacked with my pre-workout (which happened to be 5% Nutrition Kill It Reloaded for some of the time). That pre-workout already had a decent amount of pump ingredients included in each scoop but no agmatine. During this trial of stacking these two supplements together, one scoop of AgmaPure did not provide any noticeable difference in my pumps or endurance during the workout. After trying the one scoop dose for about a week's worth of workouts, I decided to up the dose to two scoops mixed with the same pre-workout. This is when the pump and feeling of muscle fullness had a significant increase along with a little bit better endurance during the workout. This seemed to be the sweet spot for me as I also tried three scoops pre-workout a few times but did not notice any changes over the two scoop dosage.

The other time I experimented with this supplement during my usage was intra-workout. While I had this product, my intra-workout drink was either an amino acid product or some keto BHB salts (also from VMI Sports). Much like the pre-workout dosing, I started off with one scoop mixed in whichever intra-workout I was using at the time. At this dose, I noticed my pump would stick around slightly longer into the workout than before but not at the same intensity that I had at the beginning from my pre-workout. When I was using one scoop in my intra-workout, I was also using either one to two scoops in my pre-workout as well. The effectiveness also was not changed based on if my intra-workout stack included amino acids or BHB salts. I followed this dosing protocol for a couple of weeks before I switched things up again.

My last experiment before I emptied the tub of this was increasing the dosage intra-workout while decreasing the dosage pre-workout. During this time, I would use two scoops in my intra-workout drink while either using only one or zero scoops pre-workout. Since the pre-workouts I was using at the same time had a decent pump ingredient profile, I wanted to see if AgmaPure was a supplement that could sustain the intensity of my pumps throughout the entire workout and possibly carry-over into post workout recovery. With two scoops intra and zero scoops pre, I had a great pump from the beginning until the end of my workout. The endurance benefits of this combined with those I received from the pre-workout that I was using at the time was phenomenal. Lastly, the best experience I had with this supplement was when I used two scoops intra and one scoop pre. This combination gave me the best pump and feeling of fullness throughout my entire workout and stuck with me for about 30 minutes after I finished lifting. I also seemed to recover a little bit better with this dosing protocol. Not sure if it was because of the increased blood flow post workout or something else but it was a nice little added bonus. Sadly, I was only able to use this dosing protocol a few times because my tub ran out. I wish I would have found this combo sooner in my experiment because it was amazing.

The retail price listed on the VMI Sports website for a 30g tub of this product is $24.99. They also provide a 25% discount to military and first responders through their website, so that helps a little with the price. You can also find this supplement on Amazon and some other sites like www.bestpricenutrition.com and supplementwarehouse.com for $19.99 at the current moment. Some sellers on eBay will occasionally have this listed for around $15 as well. Please note that you can find regular generic agmatine sulfate on the web for much less but those products do not have the quality and science behind them as the AgmaPure version does.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects while using this product at any dosage level I tried (one to three scoops) or when I changed the timing of the dosage either (pre versus intra).

Conclusion

In conclusion, this first tub for me was all about experimenting with different dosing protocols to find the one that worked best for me. I received some benefits from most of the trials that I did but unfortunately it was the last one that proved to be the best and my tub was almost gone by that point. Hopefully from reading this review, I can save others the lost servings from various trials and they can get the maximum benefits out of each tub purchased. In my opinion, this would be a great supplement to add to your stack if you love the pump and have some extra money to spend each month; especially if you happen to have a pre-workout that is lacking in pump ingredients.

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. The only thing I would like to see changed is an added option with more servings per container. Since the tubs are mostly empty at the current time, it seems like you have plenty of room to put more product in each container and give the customer the option of a better value per scoop if they are willing to buy more.

March 18, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Cravings
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Versatile
  • No Artificial Colors Or Flavors
  • Only Two Flavors Available
  • Very Low Potassium
  • Temporary Foaming

From the brand:

Keto BHB is a sugar-free, stimulant-free hydration and performance aid that helps boost energy, focus and fat burning thanks to a powerful combination of patented goBHB exogenous ketone salts and L-Tyrosine. BHB Salts, or Beta Hydroxybutyrate Salts are an alternative, readily accessible source of energy to help control cravings & support the ketogenic lifestyle. Supplementing with BHB salts may help burn fat, decrease appetite, increase metabolism & energy production all while preserving muscle & supporting recovery.

6g goBHB I 300mg L-Tyrosine I TRAA...

6g goBHB I 300mg L-Tyrosine I TRAACS Minerals & Electrolytes

ENHANCES FAT BURNING
BHB salts are exogenous ketones that help shift your body from burning glucose to burning fatty fatty acids for fuel, which may ease the transition to a ketogenic diet.

IMPROVES ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
Exogenous ketones provide your muscles with readily accessible energy that can support performance during training or competition.

AIDS HYDRATION
Keto BHB contains essential electrolytes, in the form of TRAACS minerals & electrolytes from Albion, to replenish electrolytes lost when transitioning to a ketogenic diet as well as to support cellular hydration and proper muscle function.

VERSATILE
Keto BHB contains ZERO caffeine or any other stimulant, therefore it can be used any time of day or night to help increase energy, reduce cravings, heighten focus and boost your mood.

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. My thoughts today are going to be about my experience with their Keto BHB product. Based on my food choices for the past six months or so, I have been following the keto lifestyle protocol of consuming zero direct carbs while increasing my fat intake and keeping protein to a moderate amount (much lower than I am used to). With that said, I do not know if I am technically in a state of ketosis because I have not invested in the supplies to test my blood on a regular basis. With that in mind, I wanted to give this supplement a try to see if it could improve my overall feeling of well-being while being very low carb and possibly improving my weight training sessions at the same time. Let's see how everything goes.

I have included a photo of the supplement facts panel at the bottom of this review for your reference.

As you may have figured out from the name of this supplement, the heart and soul of this formula revolves around the 7.2g of BHB salts. This is broken down evenly between the calcium, sodium and magnesium forms at 2.4g each per serving. To ensure quality ingredients are being used, VMI decided to use the patented goBHB version of the exogenous ketone salts. These are manufactured and distributed by the company Compound Solutions. The following information is taken directly from the Compound Solutions website (https://www.compoundsolutions.com/gobhb.html)

What is goBHB?
GoBHB is a ketone body, a breakthrough energy supplement from Compound Solutions. When eating a low carbohydrate diet, the liver converts fats to ketones, which serve as an alternative energy source for the brain, heart and muscle. With goBHB, you are ingesting a ready-to-use ketone body, giving athletes and busy professionals more energy, performance, and focus.

Boost Mental and Physical performance
Ketone bodies include acetoacetate, acetone and beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) which facilitate mental and physical performance. goBHB is a ketone body delivering an immediate boost of energy and performance to athletes, busy professionals and "Biohackers" looking for an edge.

HOW DOES goBHB WORK?

Beta-Hydroxybutyrate is a ketone body providing a direct energy source to the brain and muscles. You do not have to be in a ketogenic state to benefit from goBHB. Even those with low carbohydrate diets can experience the benefits of higher energy and better performance.
Translation: It's a non-carb energy source

Other than the BHB salts included, this supplement also has 300mg of L-Tyrosine. L-Tyrosine is an essential amino acid which supports brain function. It can be converted by neurons in the brain into the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine (noradrenaline), hormones which are depleted by stress, excessive work and certain drugs. By replenishing norepinephrine in the brain, mental energy levels are enhanced and a feeling of contentment often occurs. L-Tyrosine boosts certain neurotransmitters in the brain and has been used to support stress reduction and depression. L-Tyrosine is converted in the body into other key biologic compounds, including L-dopa, CoQ10, thyroid hormones and melanin. Tyrosine can also enhance athletic performance. L-Tyrosine is an important component of protein and helps form the bioactive factors vital to cellular growth and maintenance. Tyrosine supplementation has the potential to increase athletic performance in a few ways. One of the mechanisms possibly contributing to fatigue during exercise is an increase in central serotonin levels and an increase in the ratio of serotonin to dopamine. Tyrosine may help decrease this ratio and compete with tryptophan (the amino acid precursor to serotonin) at the blood-brain barrier. Increased dopaminergic activity may decrease the perception of fatigue. Also, during highly stressful conditions, catecholamine levels can become depleted, and tyrosine may be particularly useful under these conditions.

Personally, I find this dosage to be a little low and in a perfect world I would like to see this ingredient dosed closer to 1000mg but would also settle for something in the range of 500mg to 750mg. The remainder of the ingredient profile is the hydration elements in the form of TRAACS minerals & electrolytes from Albion, to replenish electrolytes lost when transitioning to a ketogenic diet as well as to support cellular hydration and proper muscle function.

Taste >> I received the Star Berry Savers flavor, which based on the packaging should be a mix of red berries/fruits (strawberries, cherries and raspberries). Overall the flavor is enjoyable but nothing out of this world. No specific fruit flavor really stands out when drinking this and it is not overly sweet either. There is also no negative Stevia "bite" or aftertaste that sometimes comes with products that use that ingredient. The flavor system also allows for this supplement to be watered down beyond the recommended 8-16 ounces of water and it still tastes good.

Mixability >> I have included a few photos of my experience when it comes to the mixability with this supplement. After tossing a scoop into my shaker bottle, you can see some of the powder begins to dissolve on its own while most of it still sits on top of the water. After a few shakes without a blender ball, everything is cleanly mixed with no floaters, sinkers or any residue on the sides. The only minor issue that occurs is about a couple inches of foam forms on the top after shaking. If you give it ten to fifteen seconds, all that foam disappears and you are ready to go.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "Suggested Use: Mix one scoop in 8-16 oz of water (adjust water to personal taste preference), then shake or stir well & consume prior to physical exercise. For best results, use two scoops per day. Do not consume within four hours prior to sleep/bedtime. Avoid consuming in conjunction with other caffeinated products." They also say on their website "Consume 1 serving preferably on an empty stomach prior to exercise, or in between meals for a low calorie ketogenic snack."

I will speak about how I dosed this product in the effectiveness section.

Before I begin speaking about the effectiveness of this product, I wanted to give a brief overview of the lifestyle and eating protocol that I follow. I typically eat most of my food in the evening between 10pm and midnight. During the other hours of the day, I am either sleeping or just drinking water while I am awake. Sometimes that water will include some aminos or some type of flavor enhancer. On my lifting days in the gym, I typically workout in the early to mid-afternoon hours. This means that at least 12 hours has passed since I last had a whole food meal.

I used this supplement a couple of different ways throughout the tub to see how it performed in different areas of my everyday life. The majority of the scoops used from this supplement were as an intra-workout drink. I typically use either a BCAA or EAA supplement intra-workout to help with energy and recovery. When I had my tub of the Keto BHB, I wanted to see how it worked as a replacement for the amino acids. For this purpose, I would have to say that this supplement performed quite well. It gave me a nice little boost in energy mid-way through my workout without the consumption of more caffeine. The most noticeable effect for me was the hydration elements that each scoop provided. While taking this intra-workout, I never experienced or even came close to having muscle cramps or feeling light-headed from a lack of electrolytes or de-hydration. Using this instead of amino acids also did not affect my recovery or muscle soreness at all. Plus, this was a nice refreshing drink to sip on while working out in a hot and stuffy gym.

The other way I used this supplement was on my off days from weight lifting and when I only do LISS cardio. Depending on how the day was going, I would either throw a scoop in my water bottle sometime in the middle of the day as a little pick me up or I would sip on it during my late afternoon/early evening cardio session. As most of my food is eaten towards the end of the day, these scoops were taken on an empty stomach and while being somewhat fasted (even though drinking this would technically break my fast). While I did not have the chance to use that many scoop in this way, Keto BHB was perfect as a mid-day energy drink type supplement but without consuming extra caffeine and with the bonus of the additional electrolytes that your average Rockstar or Monster do not provide. When used during my LISS cardio sessions, this provided me just enough energy to keep my desired intensity throughout the entire duration while staying hydrated and avoiding all muscle cramps without affecting my sleep later that evening.

As for the claims on the tub, I cannot speak to how this supplement increased the ketone levels in my body because I did not perform any blood test to measure those. I can only go off based on how I felt before, during and after consuming this supplement while being fasted. Another claim on the tub is about appetite suppression and I do feel this supplement was effective at that goal. When I used this as an intra-workout, my training sessions were typically in the afternoon and there would still be four or more hours remaining until I started eating again. Prior to my use of Keto BHB, I would sometimes finish my workout and be ravenous for food. But when I had myself a scoop of this during my training, there were no extreme feelings of hunger felt. Some days I would even have to remind myself to eat in the evening because my body gave me no signals that it was hungry; even after a tough workout a few hours earlier.

A tub of this supplement with 20 servings retails for $45.99 on the VMI Sports website and currently about the same on Amazon as well. They also provide a 25% discount to military and first responders through their website, so that helps a little with the price. There is also currently a seller/store on eBay that has both flavors available for $37.95 with free shipping and sometimes there is an additional $5.00 off coupon available from this specific seller/store. (https://www.ebay.com/itm/VMI-Keto-BHB-Salts-Exogenous-Ketones-Ketogenic-Fat-Burner-20-Servings-2-FLAVORS/292898936732?hash=item443223179c:m:m779b_NiaESbjkeSwWC5Tvw:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true)

Side Effects

None personally experienced. As the brand mentioned in dosing, do not consume this too close to bedtime as it may cause some issues with falling asleep. Other possible problems I could foresee would be if you are allergic to Stevia, beet root or Beta-Carotene.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I believe this supplement is a good entry into the keto market but there are multiple areas for improvement to make this a top tier keto product. I would love to see some additional Potassium added to the formula along with some more tyrosine. I also hope they come out with some additional flavors (ideally for me, bring the rainbow candy flavor over from their other products) to compete with others on the market. VMI may also need to look into the size of the scoop for this product as it consistently came in heavy when I weighed it out. I would also like to see the tub come with at least 30 servings without having to increase the price too much. Since the tubs are currently only about half full, there is plenty of room for the additional servings in my opinion. Aside from that, this supplement performed excellently for me with the different ways that I was able to use it. The flavor I received was enjoyable and flexible enough to use different amounts of water. I am also glad that VMI decided to use the goBHB version of the ketone salts so I know the quality is there, along with the TRAACS minerals & electrolytes from Albion.

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. With a few changes to the formula and some additional flavors, this supplement should be a top seller for your company in the future.

Overall
Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!
  March 9, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Accurate Scoop
  • 30 Servings Per Tub
  • Powder Has A Chemical Smell
  • Artificial Colors Used
  • Short Focus Window

From the brand:

There's a new contender for the ultimate pre-workout - Kill It Reloaded! This is a hardcore pre-workout that's armed, dangerous and out to take over the category. Our new and improved KILL IT is designed to give you more pump, more energy and laser sharp focus. Loaded with 325 mg of caffeine, utilizing 2.5 grams of the industry's most stable glycerol powder, GlycerolPump, along with 4 grams of pure L-Citrulline, Kill It Reloaded is bound to be your new old favorite pre-workout..

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found her...

From the brand:

First off, thank you to 5% Nutrition for participating here at SR.com and sending me out a tub of Kill it Reloaded to use and share my thoughts on. This is part of the first group of 5% Nutrition supplements that I have ever used but that doesn't mean I am unfamiliar with them and the brand as a whole. I used to watch all of Rich's YouTube videos before his untimely passing and always saw him using his products before and after workouts (albeit at much higher dosages than what I used). Please read on if you are interested in my first experiences with this brand and what could be their premier pre-workout supplement.

First, I have copy and pasted a full breakdown of the supplement facts for this product. There is also a photo of the panel included at the bottom of this review. Unlike the original Kill It, the Reloaded version has a fully disclosed label (which is always a positive for me). The amount of ingredients has also increased in this new version compared to the original (10.5 grams per scoop in the original versus 17.1 grams in Reloaded).

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (17.1 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 30

Caffeine Citrate - 50 mg
DiCaffeine Malate Infinergy - 50 mg

Other Ingredients:
Malic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Red #40

My friends over at PricePlow did a fantastic job in their blog post (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/5-nutrition-kill-it-reloaded) detailing the ingredients included and also pointing out all of the changes made from the original version to this one. The highlights of the ingredient profile for me with this product have to be all the pump ingredients included. The four gram dose of L-Citrulline is pretty nice on its own but when you include a huge dose of GlycerPump (2.5g), that is going over the top and should equal a good time for most people. Those ingredients paired with the big dose of Taurine should give you the endurance and pumps to last through the longest workouts.

Moving beyond the pump and endurance ingredients, we have a pretty average Nootropic blend in my opinion. Nothing massively dosed or unique to the industry with these three ingredients but still nice to have in a pre-workout supplement. The next batch of ingredients is different forms of creatine that when added together equals about half of the daily dose that many people use. If you supplement with creatine, this shouldn't be your only source but nice to have to further saturate your muscles and possibly provide some muscle power benefits during your workout. The last blend of ingredients for this supplement is the stims and 5% has stuck with just caffeine but in three different forms. The 367mg of raw ingredients yields about 325mg of total caffeine and the theory is they should come on at different speeds to provide a smooth and long last feeling of energy. The remaining ingredients are all the flavors, artificial sweeteners along with some artificial coloring in the flavor I received. I would really like to see the artificial color removed from this product as I don't feel is serves a beneficial purpose and possibly limits the market to who would purchase this.

Taste >> This product comes in four flavors and I received the Cherry Berry flavor. As mentioned in the "Con" section at the top, there is a chemical smell to the powder when you open the tub. Thankfully that disappears upon mixing and you are only left with an enjoyable cherry/mixed red berry flavor. No specific fruit flavor stands out when drinking and there was nothing unpleasant that I experienced during the entire tub. Very easy to go through an entire 30 serving tub without tiring of the flavor.

Mixability >> Everything was great with this aspect. As you can see from the photos, when you dump a scoop into your shaker, almost everything sinks to the bottom. After about ten seconds of shaking, I would say about 99% of the powder is mixed in the water. Very few small granules can be seen at the bottom of the shaker. There is also some foam that appears that you can see in another photo but that dissipates quickly and is not an issue when consuming.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "Advanced users mix 1 scoop with 8-10oz. cold water and consume 30 minutes before your workout. If you are new to pre-workouts, determine tolerance by consuming 1/2 scoop. Once tolerance has been determined, you can go up to 1 scoop. "

All of my servings were consumed on an empty stomach with there being at least a 12 hour gap before I started my workout.

First a little background about the type of training I did while using this supplement. I typically lift weights between three and four days a week. For the first three training sessions of the week, I am doing full body workouts including some heavy movements for different body parts each day. For example, the first session would have a heavy movement focused on my back (deadlifts or rows), the second day would have the heavy movement focused on my chest and shoulders (bench press and/or overhead press) and the third full body session would have the heavy movement focused on my legs (squats or leg press). After the heavy movements were done, the other body parts would be worked in the hypertrophy range. These workouts normally last about 90 minutes and I would sometimes do TABATA cardio afterwards. If I went in on a fourth day, that would just be a "free" day to add some more volume to any body part(s) that were feeling good or that I wanted to improve but nothing heavy.

In baseball terms, this supplement was a home run for me and just short of a grand slam. The only aspect that kept it from being a grand slam was the focus. That would seem to wear off after about 30 to 45 minutes into the workout. If that is how long your weight lifting sessions normally run, then this is a non-issue and you will probably love this supplement. As mentioned, my sessions last longer than that, so towards the end would sometimes be a struggle to get everything done that I wanted to.

Moving beyond that one downfall for effectiveness, this product performed wonderfully in the other areas that I look for. The pumps and feeling of fullness came on quickly, lasted the entire workout and seemed to flow from one body part to the next quite easily. I could feel some extra blood flow during the lower rep sets then it really got going when I moved into the hypertrophy work. I can't speak much to the vascularity that this supplement provides because my current body weight doesn't lead to that effect. If you are a person who can achieve and/or are looking for vascularity during your workouts, this is definitely a product worth looking into. In terms of energy for each scoop, I have no complaints here during my tub.

The different forms of caffeine hit me at different times and I had everything I wanted from the beginning to the end of my weight session with no side effects or crash afterwards. There was still some energy leftover from the caffeine when it was time to do my cardio after lifting weights. With 300mg to 350mg of caffeine becoming pretty standard in pre-workouts on the market, this should satisfy your average stim-junkie but shouldn't blow your head off. If you want more stims in your pre-workout; either increase the dosage of this product or 5% Nutrition also has a higher stim supplement you can look into.

Lastly, I was happy with this supplement's effectiveness when it came to muscle power, muscle endurance and hydration elements during the workout. Aside from those times when the focus aspect had left me, my body had everything it needed to push the weights I wanted through the number of sets and reps that were planned. With the lower dose of Beta-Alanine, I did not feel any immediate tingles after consuming or during the workout but I still believe it served its intended purpose. No issues with cramping or light-headedness during the weight lifting or cardio afterwards.

This product is available at various different online stores and for the most part the pricing is pretty consistent. Keep in mind each tub contains 30 servings versus many others that only have 20-25 nowadays. You can find it for $40 plus shipping unless you order more than $99 on the Rich Piana website. Or you can go to Amazon where it is currently $36 with free shipping. A quick search of eBay revealed a couple high positive feedback sellers who have this listed for just under $30 with free standard shipping.

Side Effects

I personally did not experience any negative side effects throughout my use of the tub. With fourteen active ingredients, be sure to take a look at the label before buying just to make sure nothing is in here that you know you do not react well to. As with any caffeine containing supplement, I would not consume this too late in the day or you might have some issues with sleep.

The flavor I had also contained some artificial colors (Red 40), so be aware of this if you are allergic to them or just trying to avoid these ingredients.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Kill It Reloaded was a fantastic product that almost crushed every aspect I look for in a pre-workout supplement and the only place it missed in effectiveness may not be an issue for others who have shorter workouts. When compared to the original version, Reloaded has more ingredients and an open label which are positives for me. I enjoyed the flavor I received along with the effectiveness in most areas that I desire. At a true one scoop serving for 95%+ of the general population and with 30 servings in each tub, this supplement is a fantastic deal at only around $1.00-$1.35 per scoop.

Thank you again to 5% Nutrition for participating here at SR.com and sending me this supplement to review. Rich and his people should be proud of this product and I wish he was still here for the knowledge and entertainment he provided

R.I.P. Rich Piana

Overall
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  March 6, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Many Trademarked Ingredients Used
  • Fat Reduction
  • Raises Body Heat
  • Increased Metabolism
  • Makes A Good Sweat
  • Low Caffeine Content
  • Broken Capsules
  • Lost Servings
  • Artificial Colors
  • Contains Yohimbe

What It Is
A powerful fat burning, thermogenic weight loss supplement scientifically formulated to help you shed unwanted body fat.*

What It Does
Shredded Steel delivers a precise combination of six research-backed, patented ingredients, along with other all-natural compounds which are known to accelerate fat burning, boost metabolism, increase energy levels, enhance mental focus and clarity, and suppress appetite.*

What It Is

What It Does

Let me begin by thanking SteelFit for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. As with many new supplements that hit the market, I first learned of Shredded Steel through the guys over at Stack3d.com and PricePlow.com. Seeing some new ingredients on the label piqued my interest and I knew this was something that I wanted to give a go if the opportunity was available. Please read on if you are interested in my experiences with this product.

There is an image of the supplement facts panel included at the bottom of this review and all of the details about each ingredient were taken from the SteelFit USA product webpage (https://steelfitusa.com/product/shredded-steel/). If you would like some additional details about one or more of the ingredients, the PricePlow website did a further breakdown and explanation of the formula which can be found here: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/steelfit-shredded-steel

L-Carnitine Tartrate: An incredibly bioavailable form of carnitine proven in scientific studies to support weight loss, athletic performance, and even recovery from exercise. Research notes that L-Carnitine Tartrate increases fat oxidation during exercise, which has the added effect of sparing muscle glycogen, allowing you to save it for later in the workout when it's needed for the final push.*

Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine): A metabolite of choline (an essential nutrient needed for brain health) that is naturally occurring in beets. Betaine serves many vital functions in the body, but none is more important than its role as a "methyl donor." Betaine contains three methyl groups and donates one of them to methylate homocysteine into the essential amino acid methionine. Betaine also has been noted to impart many other health benefits, including improving cognition and cardiovascular function as well as supporting liver health. Betaine has also been shown to support athletic performance, increasing strength, power, and lean mass. And, it's even been shown to reduce body fat while increasing muscle mass, too.*

Ashwagandha Root Standardized Extract (Withania Somnifera) (5% withanolides) (KSM-66): Ashwagandha, also known as Withania Somnifera or Indian Ginseng, is a powerful adaptogen that promotes balance in the body. KSM-66 Ashwagandha is the highest-quality ashwagandha extract on the world market today and has been clinically proven to reduce stress, improve memory and cognition, improve sexual performance, enhance sports performance and control weight management.*

Caffeine Anhydrous: One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. Caffeine ignites the central nervous system, setting off a flurry of activity that increases energy levels, boosts mood, and stimulates the metabolism, helping you burn more calories and feel better while doing it. Caffeine even helps reduce your appetite, eliminate the temptation to cheat and ruin your diet.*

Theacrine (as TeaCrine): Developed by Compound Solutions, TeaCrine is a chemical cousin of caffeine derived from Kucha. TeaCrine provides smooth, long-lasting energy that pairs well with the immediate energy burst of caffeine to form an energy high that lasts for hours on end. One other huge benefit to TeaCrine is that it does NOT come with the tolerance build up that caffeine does, meaning that you get the same boost in energy, mood, and focus without having to increase the amount you consume continually.*

Organic Atlantic Kelp (Ascophyllum Nodosum) (Whole Plant): Iodine is an essential trace mineral that plays a crucial role in proper thyroid function, and subsequently metabolism. Shredded Steel includes 150mcg of iodine derived from a type of seaweed called kelp to support proper thyroid function and cognition, aiding metabolism and energy production for enhanced fat loss.*

Alluvia Purple Tea (Camellia Sinesis) Leaf Extract (Standardized to 3% GHG): One of the newest, and most intriguing, ingredients to enter the world of weight loss supplements is Alluvia Purple Tea. Derived from a new crossbred variety Camellia sinensis, the same leaf from which black, white, and green teas are derived, Alluvia contains red and purple anthocyanins, similar to those found in dark-colored fruits, that impart a wide range of health benefits.*

Early studies on Alluvia Purple Tea have documented anti-obesity actions, reduction of conditions that lead to metabolic syndrome, and anti-aging benefits for the skin. Two human clinical studies to support weight loss, decreases in body mass index, fat mass, hip size, waist size, and subcutaneous-fat thickness while improving body composition and lean body mass.*

Researchers believe that one of the primary ways Alluvia exerts its fat loss benefits is through the inhibition of lipase, the enzyme that breaks down fats for digestion. By preventing your body from properly digesting fats, it passes through and out of the GI system intact, meaning you derive very little, if any, calories from the fat you eat.*

Evodiamine Fruit Extract (Evodia Rutaecarpa): Used in traditional Chinese medicine as a warming technique, Evodiamine mimics the characteristic anti-obese effects induced by capsaicin. Evodiamine may induce heat loss and heat production at the same time and dissipate food energy, preventing the accumulation of perivisceral fat and the body weight increase.

Cognizin Citicoline: A patented form of citicoline, a highly bioavailable form of choline that's been shown in clinical testing to increase brain energy, attention, focus, and memory.Cognizin helps "turn the lights on" in your mind so that it's operating faster and more efficiently so that you can get more work done, better, while on a reduced calorie diet.*

Grain of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine): A spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen.*

Yohimbe HCL (Pausinystalia Yohimbe): One of the most well-known and effective ingredients for shedding that "stubborn" body fat, and it's one of the tried and true supplements dieters turn to when looking to drop those "last five pounds."*

Yohimbe is a potent central nervous system stimulant and alpha-2-adrenergic receptor antagonist. Fat cells have two types of receptors called alpha and beta receptors. In layman's terms, when alpha receptors are stimulated, they block fatty acid release (halting fat burning), while beta receptors activation leads to the freeing of fatty acids, allowing them to be oxidized (or "burned") for energy.*

Yohimbine "clogs" the alpha receptor ports on fat cells, allowing the fat burning catecholamines like epinephrine and norepinephrine to dock on beta receptors, liberating stored body fat to be burned for energy. Additionally, Yohimbine also has been shown to reduce appetite, ramp up energy expenditure, and enhance lipolysis.*

Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum) Fruit Extract (Bioperine) Yielding 95% Piperine: An industry-leading black pepper extract (standardized to 95% piperine) that is included to improve the absorption of other nutrients its paired with in supplements. Additionally, Bioperine may also support fat loss by increasing thermogenesis.*

My favorites from the ingredient profile are the inclusion of the Paradoxine (Grain of Paradise) along with the KSM-66 Ashwagandha. Based on my previous experiences with these ingredients from other supplements, I know I react well and enjoy the effects of these. The Paradoxine really gets my body heated up and ready for action while the KSM-66 provides a nice mental feeling while it is in my system. I also like that there is not a ridiculous amount of caffeine in each serving like some other fat burners/thermogenics on the market. With how easy it is to consume vast amounts of caffeine throughout the day; I don't need or want a huge dose in a product like this, especially when there are so many other innovative ingredients out there to use.

Taste >> Product is in capsule form. Nothing to report here.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to say here. Just pop the desired number of capsules with some liquid and you are done.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "As a dietary supplement, take one serving (3 capsules) in the morning with your first meal or protein shake. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily. Shredded Steel can be combined with Steel Core and/or Hydra Steel for a more customized weight loss solution. Do not take Shredded Steel within 6 hours of bedtime."

Just for reference, with my current schedule I wake up in the late morning/early afternoon and that is when I take my serving.

This section will be broken down into the two different dosing protocols that I used. When I first received the product, I started with just two capsules upon waking. With some potent and highly dosed ingredients (including Yohimbe) in Shredded Steel, I didn't want to go overboard from the beginning and screw myself up. For the first week or so I used just the two capsules and that provided some nice effects. Most notable was the immediate boost in energy from the caffeine along with a longer lasting energy and focus from the TeaCrine. This was also paired with a feeling of well-being and mental clarity, which I can only assume was the result of the KSM-66 and Cognizin Citicoline. If I happened to not be very active during the first part of my day after taking the two capsules, I would notice a slight increase in body heat and the ability to start sweating from my underarms with very little movement. If I was active during that first part of the day, my body heat would increase noticeably and the sweat would come on right away during the physical activity. These feelings would stay with me for the entire time that I was active but would decrease significantly once I stopped (which could be between one and two hours).

After that first week or so using the two capsules, I decided to move up to the three capsule dosing suggested on the bottle. As one might expected, the effects were similar to what I previously mentioned when using the two capsules but kicked up another notch. More of an energy boost from the beginning that lasted even longer than before. The feeling of well-being and mental clarity was about the same intensity but it lasted longer into the day when compared to the lower dose. My body heat and the ability to start sweating also had a noticeable difference with the extra capsule. Now when I was just sitting around, I could feel the sweat coming on from my underarms and lower back. If I was active on the three capsule dosage, my body heat was through the roof (in a positive way) and I quickly became a sweaty mess. During the colder days of my run with this supplement, the ability to warm up and get loose with this extra body heat was fantastic! I was able to save time and become more efficient during my physical activity while still being safe and not putting my body at risk of injury.

When all is said and done during my use of the bottle, I was able to decrease my scale weight by four pounds without losing any strength on my compound lifts and following an intuitive eating protocol. Having this supplement as a tool in my tool belt during this time let me train at the same intensity that I am used to while reducing some body mass and not having to significantly worry about my food intake and macro tracking.

At the moment, it looks like the only place this supplement can be purchased is from the SteelFit USA website (https://steelfitusa.com/product/shredded-steel/). The list price is $69.95 but is on sale for $39.95 at the moment with free domestic shipping on orders over $99. They have also partnered with Sezzle, which allows you to pay for your supplements with four interest free payments.

Each bottle includes 30 servings if you use the three capsules each time. If you are able to get results with only two caps per day that will help with the value of this supplement.

Side Effects

The first time I used this supplement, I had a dizzy feeling about an hour after consumption and that was while taking only two capsules. Nothing absolutely horrible but it did slow me down for a short time. After that first experience, I did not experience any more side effects for the rest of the bottle, even when moving up to the three capsule dosage.

As a forewarning, this supplement is going to raise your body temperature and likely cause you to sweat if you do any physical activity (and possibly if you do nothing). Also, Yohimbe seems to be either a love it or hate it ingredient in the sports supplement industry. Be aware of the dosage in this product if you know you do not react well to this ingredient and its effects.

Conclusion

To wrap things up on this review, I am very happy with my experience from running a bottle of Shredded Steel and look forward to picking up another in the near future. The ingredient profile is comprehensive and well dosed even at just two capsules. If you are on the smaller side, the low dosage may just be your sweet spot for this supplement. For reference, I am 6'3" and 220+ pounds. I did have one slightly negative experience with this product when I first took it but I would chop that up to the different ingredients in this product that my body has not experienced before. After that first serving, everything else was smooth sailing and I have no complaints. As with many thermogenic/fat burning supplements, the value is in the eye of the beholder and if you feel this is a product that is needed for your current goals. With the variety of ingredients and dosages included, especially for the trademarked compounds, this supplement is positioned in the market where I would expect it to be. You can find less comprehensive products for a cheaper price and more comprehensive ones for a higher price. Do your research on individual ingredients to figure out the best combination for your desired outcome.

Once again, thank you to SteelFit and SR.com for making this review possible. You guys continue to come out with new and innovative products that are effective for me and backed up with scientifically proven ingredients. Looking forward to see what the future brings from this brand.

Overall
Thanks to 5% Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 25, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Calming Effect
  • Variety Of Ingredients
  • Easy Mixing
  • Deep Sleep
  • No Knockout Effect
  • Melatonin Might Be Too High For Some

From the brand:

"There's no such thing as overtraining. You're either under eating or undersleeping." - Rich Piana

From the brand:

Lucky for you, Knocked The F Out has the sleep part covered! You can take all the supplements and protein powders on the market, but if you're not recovering, you're missing out on your true potential. Want maximum results from grinding away in the gym? Getting a deep restful sleep is key. It's when the body is inactive and in a relaxed state that it can focus its energy on the rebuilding and repair process. Studies have shown that without enough nightly sleep, stress hormones including insulin and cortisol increase, which can lead to increased fat storage and wasting muscle tissue. Losing sleep has a long term impact on hormones, metabolism, and immune function. That's why without a good night's rest, building muscle and burning fat will stall. We've put together the best combination of herbs, amino acids and natural ingredients to combat the causes of disrupted sleep - with hardcore lifters in mind.

First off, thank you to 5% Nutrition for participating here at SR.com and sending me out a tub of Knocked The F*ck Out (KTFO) to use and share my thoughts on. This is part of the first group of 5% Nutrition supplements that I have ever used but that doesn't mean I am unfamiliar with them and the brand as a whole. I used to watch all of Rich's YouTube videos before his untimely passing and always saw him using his products before and after workouts (albeit at much higher dosages than what I used). I am always looking to try different sleep supplements because that is one area I struggle with when it comes to training and recovery. With most people living very busy lives, our minds always seem to be going and it can be hard to turn them off at night to relax. I have had limited success with other sleep supplements and I am excited to see how this one works out.

Serving size: 1 scoop (5.1g) Servings per container: 30

Passion Flower Extract (Passiflora incarnata)(herb) -- 200 mg
Hibiscus Flower Extract (Hibiscus sabdariffa) -- 200 mg
L-Phenylalanine -- 75 mg
L-Theanine -- 75 mg
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (from Griffonia simplicifolia Extract)(seed) -- 30 mg
Melatonin -- 8 mg

Other ingredients: Natural flavors, silicon dioxide, sucralose, citric acid

Also included below is a quick summary of each ingredient and what it is supposed to do in the body. This information is courtesy of: https://www.mz-store.com/better-sleep/5-nutrition-knocked-the-foo-out-sleep-aid-153g

GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) - is one of the most potent amino acids, which are active in the area of the nervous system. It is essential to relax and rest. Its basic mechanism of activity is the reduction of the activity of neurons (and thanks to this the feeling of relaxation, not only mental, but also physical) by obvious affinity to GABAergic receptors. In combination with effort, it may increase the secretion of the growth hormone.

L-tyrosine - is used to a large extent against stress and stress-related ailments (it counteracts both mental and physical stress. Physical stress in understood as the feeling of pain, on which tyrosine may have suppressive influence). It also has positive influence on maintaining cognitive functions and it improves the state of the circulatory system (it decreases blood pressure).

Chamomile flower extract (Matricaria Chamomilla) - as we all know, chamomile has been used for a very long time to support general relaxation. Nothing strange in that. Research indicates clear anti-anxiety and relaxing effect. It is also interesting that it may decrease the effect of snoring, which not only increases the comfort of sleep, but also protects from dangerous sleep apnea. Moreover, thanks to the high content of bioactive ingredients (mainly from the group of polyphenols), chamomile also has anti-inflammatory effect. It also influences the improvement of immunity (works well in the commonest colds) and the prophylaxis of the circulatory system.

Inositol- inositol deficiencies are common among people with depression and generally low mood (moreover, studies proved increased activity of drugs for depression and compulsive disorders, which additionally confirm its positive influence on the improvement of general well-being). Diseases and episodes of nervous origin (panic attacks, stress and premenstrual syndrome) also demonstrate lower intensity in supplementation with inositol, according to the research. It also influences the improvement of the condition of the circulatory system (decreases the level of LDL-C) and improves insulin-dependent metabolism.

Lemon Balm Leaf and Stem Extract (Melissa officinalis) - another natural ingredient, well-known to us from often prepared infusions, which help to deal with stress. Once again traditional ingredients demonstrate wonderful properties. It increases the feeling of calm and relax to a large extent, at the same time decreasing the feeling of sleepiness and may decrease the perception of pain (it is most often associated to specific affinity to GABAergic receptors). It is also suspected that it may influence the increase of the level of acetylcholine, which entails positive effect in the nervous system and when it comes to cognitive abilities. It also demonstrates high antioxidant properties.

L-tryptophan - is a precursor of many important compounds in the organism. In the context of widely understood relax, the most important compounds, which are produced during its metabolism are melatonin and serotonin. Consequently, it influences proper regulation of the daily cycle (melatonin) and the improvement of well-being, anti-stress and anti-anxiety effect (serotonin).

Mucuna Pruriens Extract (L-DOPA) (Mucuna pruriens) - the main active ingredient provided with this plant is levodopa, which is a direct precursor of dopamine. Due to this, it works in the nervous system, improving cognitive abilities and demonstrating protective properties on the nervous system. It also regulates proper level of serotonin and catecholamines. Moreover, it considerably decreases the level of prolactin (its excessively high level is the problem, which people after steroid cycles deal with). Research also indicates that it improves glucose metabolism in blood.

Passion Flower Extract (Passiflora incarnata) - an ingredient used for ages in traditional Indian medicine. The base of its activity is the influence on GABAergic receptors. Due to this, it has anti-stress effect (in testing the effectiveness in relation to generalized anxiety disorder, it was equally effective to one of drugs - oxazepam, showing no side-effects). This is attributed to a large content of flavonoids, which at the same time demonstrate high antioxidant activity.

Hibiscus flower extract (Hibiscus sabdariffa) - it improved sleep length and quality in the research. It also has protective influence on the circulatory system (mainly due to the high content of anthocyanins, which inhibit ACE proteins. It also indirectly modulates the processes of nitric oxide production), improves lipid profile (by activating AMPK enzyme, consequently decreasing the synthesis of hepatic fatty acids).

L-phenylalanine - one of exogenous amino acids. It is an indirect precursor of many neurotransmitters (dopamine and catecholamines), necessary for the proper activity of the nervous system.

L-theanine - is an amino acid, which to a large extent influences the improvement of the nervous system and the perception of relax. What is exceptional about this amino acid is that it can cross blood-brain barrier, which influences much better effectiveness of activity. Its mechanism of activity is the most interesting. Theanine stimulates the production of alpha-1 brainwaves in the neuronal area and this mechanism is responsible for increased feeling of relax and attention. It influences the improvement of sleep quality and length. It considerably decreases the amount of stress-related biomarkers. It also has neuroprotective effect. It influences the improvement of blood pressure by modulating the production of nitric oxide.

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (from Griffonia simplicifolia Extract) - the basic mechanism of activity of 5-HTP is the fact that it is a precursor of serotonin, effectively crossing blood-brain barrier. Due to this, it influences general improvement of well-being to a large extent. In the context of falling asleep, it decreases the time needed to achieve sleep and increases its quality (according to PSQI index), it also decreases nervous tension and anxiety perception.

Melatonin - a neurohormone, the basic activity of which is regulation of the biological cycle of the organism. Its high content in the product is especially important for people, who lead an irregular lifestyle (work during the night, frequent travels etc.), as it does not decrease natural production of melatonin (even after stopping its application), but only stimulates its secretion, facilitating the improvement of daily rhythm. Basically, it decreases the time needed to fall asleep and improves sleep quality. Additionally, it has neuroprotective effect (it demonstrates extreme antioxidant properties).

Additionally, the formula was enriched in vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) - it takes part in the correct signalization in the nervous system (it is the component of enzymes taking part in the conversion of precursors to active neurotransmitters), which also conditions proper homeostasis of the nervous system.

Overall I like the variety of ingredients included and hope they work synergistically to give me a good night's sleep. Some of these ingredients are dosed lower than competing supplements on the market except for the melatonin in my opinion. For most people this is either a love it or hate it ingredient as higher doses can have some negative or weird reported side effects. Most products that I have seen in this category have between one milligram to five milligrams. With eight milligrams in each scoop of KTFO, that may be a red flag to some but I am interested to see the effects and I have not previously had any bad experiences with high doses of this ingredient.

Taste >> At the moment, this product is available in only one flavor, Honey Lemon Tea. The powder itself has a strong lemon scent which also carries over to the taste. I don't get much honey flavor while drinking a scoop of this. Overall the flavor is enjoyable and is similar to a strong cup of tea; much better than most of the other sleep supplements that I have tried before.

Mixability >> With each scoop only being about five grams and mixing it in the warm water makes this section effortless. The powder almost mixes itself if you pour the warm water into your cup then add the scoop. A few swishes with a spoon and you are ready to go. (See the attached photo at the bottom of the review)

Dosing >> Per the brand: " Mix one scoop in 8 oz. of warm water and drink 30 minutes before bedtime." There is no information on whether this product would be more effective taken on an empty stomach or with food. Since I eat all of my food towards the end of the day, all of my servings were taken with some food in my stomach.

When it comes to the effectiveness of this supplement, it lived up to everything but its name. At no point during the entire tub did this every "knock me the f*ck out". After finishing a scoop of this in warm water, I could continue to stay awake for multiple hours if I needed to and sometimes I did when I just couldn't fall asleep while lying in bed. I also tried sitting in a dark and silent room after finishing my serving to try and achieve the knockout effect from this supplement but that did not work either. If I got wrapped up in a TV show or book late in the evening after taking this supplement, it had no effect on making me drowsy.

Moving aside from that intended effect, I was pleasantly surprised how KTFO performed in other areas. While it did not induce any drowsiness for me, there was a feeling of calmness I noticed while using this product. During the use of my tub, I would sometimes use it for multiple nights in a row then take a night or two off. That is how I noticed the calming effect this supplement produced. On the nights that I did not take a scoop, it was definitely harder to wind down and fall asleep, no matter how tired I was.

Once I did fall asleep, that is where KTFO really shinned as I quickly entered a deep sleep or REM. After getting past the initial stage of not being able to fall asleep, the next thing I would know is its morning. No waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and no staring at the ceiling at 3am. My sleep was uninterrupted, peaceful and sometimes there were pleasant dreams that I was able to remember the next day. Four hours of sleep on a scoop of this felt like eight. If I happened to be able to get eight hours of sleep on a night that I took this; the next day was outstanding and I felt like I had all the energy in the world without the use of any stimulants.

There was also no morning grogginess or hangover at any point during my time with this supplement. Whether I had four or eight hours of sleep the previous night, I was ready to go the next morning when my alarm went off. No hitting the snooze button and no additional time needed to shake off a morning fog or immediately reach for some caffeine.

This product is available at few different online stores and for the most part the pricing is pretty consistent. Keep in mind each tub contains 30 servings versus some others that only have 20-25 nowadays. You can find it for $32.95 plus shipping unless you order more than $99 on the Rich Piana website. Or you can go to Amazon where I have seen it for as low as $22 with free shipping from multiple different sellers. Illpumpyouup.com is another well-known site that stocks this supplement and has been known for some good sales.

Side Effects

I did not experience any negative side effects while using this supplement. As mentioned earlier, be aware of the dose of melatonin in each scoop of this product if you know that you do not react well to this ingredient.

Conclusion

In the end, KTFO is the best sleep supplement that I have tried thus far. I still haven't found one that knocks me out from the start as the name implies for this but everything else was great. A fully disclosed label with a variety of ingredients, an enjoyable taste that I did not need to slam each time because it tasted like dirt, effectiveness that performed well in most areas that I was looking for and a reasonable price that could allow someone to use this every night if they wanted to without breaking the bank.

Thank you again to 5% Nutrition for participating here at SR.com and sending me this supplement to review. I am very happy I got the opportunity to give this supplement a try along with your pre-workout recently.

R.I.P. Rich Piana

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  February 5, 2019

• Tub Near Expiration Date
  • Cheap Fillers
  • Crazy Mixing Time Expectations

From the brand:

TOTAL BODY protein is an advance formula of protein that assists in building lean muscle, muscle definition and weight management. It is a Gluten Free, Grass Fed Whey Matrix containing seven different important protein components to help nourish your muscle for up to 8 hours. TOTAL BODY protein shake has better absorption and all the Amino Acids to help your daily nutritional needs.

Thank you to TBN L...

From the brand:

Thank you to TBN Labs for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to run and review many of the products that the company produces. Today I am going to speak about their Total Body Protein product. This is an extended release/protein blend product that is supposed to keep muscle protein synthesis (MPS) elevated for multiple hours with the varied release of amino acids into your body. This is also the first product that I have used from TBN Labs and I'm excited to try them out.

As a side note, the tub I received was only about two months away from its listed expiration date and there was no manufacture date printed. From past experience, I have seen the difference between the manufacture date and expiration date on protein powders at one to two years. Not really sure how "old" the tub I received is and how TBN Labs does its manufacturing. I'm not someone who worries too much about the expiration dates printed on supplements or food products, as long as it still smells and tastes ok. But if you are someone who won't touch a product after it passes the printed expiration date, be aware when purchasing a tub of this as you may need to use it quickly.

Each 30 gram scoop will provide you with the following macros:

Total Carbohydrate - 5 Grams
Dietary Fiber - 1 Gram
Sugars - 4 Grams
Protein - 22 Grams

The protein blend is made up of whey protein concentrate (WPC), whey protein isolate (WPI), Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Alpha & Beta Caseins and Caseinates, Milk Protein Isolate (MPI), Egg Albumin and Glutamine Peptides. Personally, I would like a little more disclosure when it comes to the proteins for this product such as the grade of WPC being used. Is it a WPC-80 or WPC-34? The WPI should at least be a 90% grade, so no issues there. I am also not a big fan of Caseinate protein products because they are lower quality in my opinion. I would much rather have just Micellar Casein instead of the different Caseinates included in this product. The Egg Albumin is the medium digesting protein in this product, which bridges the gap between the faster digesting whey proteins and the slower digesting casein proteins. Finally we have the Glutamine Peptides listed last in the "grass-fed whey matrix". This is definitely an ingredient I do not want to see listed in a protein powder after the industry went through the whole amino spiking incident some years back. In short, companies were including lower cost amino acids like glutamine, taurine, glycine and/or creatine to fool nitrogen testing for the amount of protein that each scoop of the product included. Is TBN Labs doing that with the Glutamine Peptides in this product? I don't know which is why I would like to see some more disclosure on this product. If I was a person who was extremely meticulous on counting macros, I may count each scoop as only having 20 or 21 grams of protein versus the 22 grams listed.

The remaining ingredients are the fillers to help with sweetness, mixability, mouthfeel and flavoring. I am not thrilled to see two cheap ingredients located just after the protein blend (maltodextrin and dextrose). I assume those are used as part of the sweetness aspect of this protein along with Stevia because there are none of the common artificial sweeteners included such as Ace-K or sucralose.

The last piece of this section I will touch on is the inclusion of digestive enzymes (Aminogen and Papain). "Aminogen is a revolutionary technology designed to improve protein digestion and increase amino acid levels absorbed from dietary protein. Clinical research has shown Aminogen to increase BCAA retention levels by 250%, nitrogen levels in muscle by 32% and overall amino acid plasma levels by 100%. Researchers also found all amino acids, essential & conditionally essential, including branched chain amino acids, are released in greater amounts when protein is digested with Aminogen. What's more, Aminogen is 100% natural and ideal for anyone looking to build quality muscle or achieve lean body definition." "Papain is a proteolytic enzyme extracted from the raw fruit of the papaya plant. Proteolytic enzymes help break proteins down into smaller protein fragments called peptides and amino acids." (https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/papain)

Taste >> I received the Coconut Cream flavor and really enjoyed it. Nothing was overpowering in this flavor system and it is something I could drink daily for a long period of time. No complaints here and the flavor mixed nicely with other food ingredients that I used when making a smoothie (such as fruits, greens and cacao powder). This protein is also available in nine other flavors, so there is likely something for everyone with Total Body protein.

Mixability >> No issues here with this product for me. I either used a blender bottle or a Ninja blender when mixing a scoop in water. Sometimes I would have the blender ball inside, sometimes not. For the most part, the blender ball did not make a difference in the outcome of the product. The shake may have come out slightly smoother with the blender ball included but hardly a noticeable difference in my opinion. No huge chunks were ever left in the cup after shaking and it was always smooth going down. As you may expect when using the Ninja, everything was smooth no matter what else I added to the smoothie. The directions on the label mention shaking or blending for two to five minutes, but I think that is overkill and highly doubt anyone would need that long (or would be able to shake a bottle for upwards of five continuous minutes).

Dosing >> As with most protein powders/meal replacement products, the dosing is left up to the individual and how this product will best fit with their lifestyle. Since it is low fat, consuming post workout is an option along with basically any time of day. The label references using before and after workouts and/or before bedtime to "help nourish and replenish muscles during sleep." All of my servings were taken at night because that is when I eat all of my food for the day.

As with dosing, the effectiveness of a protein/meal replacement product can only be determined by the individual using it. If the food you typically eat does not contain a lot of protein, this product will be effective at increasing your intake. Or if you are a person who has trouble consuming enough whole food to meet your goals, this product will be effective at allowing you to quickly consume some protein and calories without using up too much volume in your stomach.

Since I eat all of my food at night, this was typically used to help fill in my protein goal for the day, either as a shake or smoothie alongside my whole food meal. With each scoop being ~73% protein by weight, this was effective at increasing my protein intake without having to worry too much about consuming unwanted fats or carbs. This is not the absolute cleanest protein on the market but nothing is outrageous when it comes to the macro breakdown and effectiveness provided. I did not notice any specific effect when it comes to feeling fuller longer because of the extended release protein, but that is probably because I eat so much food along with this supplement in the evening. If you are a person who eats more of their food earlier in the day, this may help satiate you for longer when compared to a supplement that only has the faster digesting whey protein.

In terms of digestibility, I have no complaints here for this product. Whether taken on an empty stomach or while eating other foods; there were no instances of upset stomach, bloating or discomfort from consuming one or two scoops of this at a time. I typically don't have any issue with products like this, even if they don't include the digestive enzymes. With the inclusion of two enzymes in this supplement, that helps lower the risk of negative side effects even more for those who may have an issue.

It looks like the main place you can purchase this protein supplement is from the TBN Labs website (https://tbnlabs.com/product/total-body-protein/). Amazon has some of their products but it looks like the selection is much smaller than buying directly from them. All ten flavors come in either a two pound or five pound tub. The two pound tubs contain 30 servings for $34.75 (plus around $13.50 for shipping). The five pound tubs contain about 75 servings if my math is correct for a price of $64.75 (plus around $16.25 for shipping). There might be discount codes out there on social media to help lower these costs a little. Their Instagram page also says there is a 100% money back guarantee.

Side Effects

None personally experienced. As with any supplement, discuss with your physician before taking if you have a medical condition or are taking any prescription medications. Stop use and discuss with your physician if any negative effects occur. Do not exceed suggested dose.

Conclusion

In the end, my first experience with a TBN Labs product was mostly positive. I have a few issues with some of the ingredients included along with a slight concern about how close the expiration date was on the tub I received. The limited availability of this supplement also hurts the brand slightly and does not provide much exposure to those who are unfamiliar with this company. Standard retail price when you factor in shipping costs also took off a few points from this review. On the other hand; the macros, taste, mixability and effectiveness lived up to what I expect from milk based protein powders in today's supplement market. No side effects are also a big positive for me, especially with the various protein sources that we don't have much disclosure on. If you are a fan of extended release/protein blend powders or are looking to try something different from your whey only supplements, Total Body Protein is worth some research.

Once again, thank you to TBN Labs for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. With a few changes, this supplement could become fantastic and compete with the big name brands in the market.

December 31, 2018

• Low % Of Active Ingredients
  • Incorrect Scoop Size
  • Missing Servings

From the brand:

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses a combination of two different Carnitine supplements to help ignite your metabolism, enhance calorie burning, and accelerate fat loss without the use of any stimulants whatsoever.

750mg Acetyl L-Carnitine 750mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate

INCREASED FAT BURNING
Carnitine enhances your body's ability to burn fat for fuel, potentially transforming you into a pure fat burning machine.

IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION

750mg Acetyl L-Carnitine 750mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate

INCREASED FAT BURNING

IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION
The combination of proven fat loss agents in L-Carnitine, Grains of Paradise, Green Tea, and Gamma-Butyrobetaine (GBB) can provide rapid results leading to superior body composition.

ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
Carnitine allows your body the ability to burn fat for energy while training, allowing you to last longer during your workouts, for increased calorie burning and performance.

NON-STOP USE
L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT contains no stimulants whatsoever, meaning there's no tolerance build up and you never a need to cycle on and off.

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. Today I am going to speak about a product that I have used in liquid form but is now also manufactured in a powdered version from VMI and that is their L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT. I had a good run with the liquid version, so trying the powdered form was a no brainer for me. When I used the liquid version, my main focus was to see how this would perform in terms of weight loss. I had a different purpose for the powdered version though, which I will explain in the effectiveness section.

This product thankfully has a fully disclosed label for the active ingredients. The 1500 in the name is in reference to the 1500 milligrams of carnitine included in each serving. That amount is split evenly between two forms consisting of L-Carnitine L-Tartrate and Acetyl L-Carnitine (750mg each). On the VMI webpage of this supplement, there is an FAQ which includes the question "What is Carnitine?" Their answer is: "Carnitine is a substance naturally produced by the body that's found in all cells. It can improve the body's ability to metabolize fat for energy, thus transforming you into a true, blue fat-burning machine. L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses two highly bioavailable forms of L-Carnitine (Acetyl L-Carnitine & L-Carnitine L-Tartrate), for maximum effectiveness to help promote weight loss."

Acetyl L-Carnitine or ALCAR (750mg) is thought to be the most bioavailable form of L-Carnitine. Unlike other forms which typically help convert stored fat to energy, ALCAR readily crosses the blood-brain barrier & acts within the brain itself. Its primary actions are related to cognitive function.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate or LCLT (750mg) is Carnitine bonded to Tartaric Acid. It's rapidly absorbed by the body, making it ideal to include as part of a pre-workout. Can also aid in physical performance, potentially reduce muscle soreness & aid in post-workout fat oxidation.

Next we have Green Tea Leaf Extract (50mg). Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea's health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins - plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)-the compound most responsible for green tea's reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body's heat production and fat oxidation.

Next is the Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride (25mg). I was a little disappointed to see this wasn't the registered/trademarked version GBBGO. In terms of this ingredient's purpose, "A precursor to L-Carnitine, GBB may naturally increase the production of L-Carnitine by your body. Increasing natural L-Carnitine not only aids in fat burning but also has the potential to enhance exercise performance and recovery!" It has also been called "Super Carnitine" because of its ability to increase carnitine production by up to 300%!"

Next we have the Grains of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine)(15mg). Props to VMI for using the registered Paradoxine version of this ingredient. This is a spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen. From the ingredient's website: How do Paradoxinework? >> In humans, there are two types of adipose tissue, WAT (white adipose tissues) and BAT (brown adipose tissues). WAT is the sites of energy storage, while BAT is responsible for cold-and diet-induced thermogenesis, which helps to control body-energy expenditure, as well as body fat content. Paradise extract (especially including 12.5% 6-paradol) was found to promote WAT transformation into BAT. (http://www.paradoxine.com/index.php)

Lastly, we have BioPerine(2.5mg). This ingredient is included in multiple supplements because of its ability to increase nutrient absorption. From the BioPerine website: "A thermonutrient such as BioPerine would potentially improve the process of nutrient absorption by enhancing thermogenesis.
The leading theory of food-induced thermogenesis relates to the autonomous nervous system. The autonomous nervous system is represented by two main receptors in the gastrointestinal tract, the alpha and beta adrenergic receptors." If you would like more information about this specific ingredient, you can see the research on their website at https://www.bioperine.com/.

As I mentioned in the liquid version review, the ingredient profile on paper would best be described as average in my opinion. I wish the green tea extract, the Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride and the Grains of Paradise Seed Extract were dosed a little higher in each serving. I also have the same concern from the liquid version when it comes to the percentage of active ingredients per serving. Each serving is 2.9g (2900mg) but the active ingredients only take up just over 1500mg of that. The rest is in the flavoring and other ingredients.

Taste>> I received the rainbow candy (aka Skittles) flavor and loved it. VMI was even able to eliminate the spicy aftertaste that was present in the liquid version. The smell and flavor is very close to their goal of Skittles. With almost 50% of each serving being non-active ingredients, I would have been disappointed if this flavor missed the mark. I first started at the high end of the recommendation with ten ounces of water and the flavor was good but weak. As expected when I reduced the amount of water used, the flavor got stronger and I enjoyed it more. My ideal outcome was one serving with six ounces of water.

Mixability >> No issues here. At less than 3g per serving with almost 50% non-active ingredients, I didn't expect any problems with this product. I only used a shaker bottle when drinking this but could not foresee an issue if someone decided to mix this in a glass with a spoon.

Dosing >> This is where one issue with this product presented itself. Each full scoop is supposed to be equal to one serving of this product (approximately three grams). Just out of habit, I will typically measure the scoops of new supplements that I received. For this product, one full scoop measured out to be six grams (double the stated serving size). I contacted the SR rep for VMI and brought this to their attention. This led to me speaking with the President of VMI Sports (Tom) over the phone and sharing my findings. During that phone call, Tom stated that they are aware of the discrepancy and that it was a production mistake to include a scoop that is too big. He also stated that once the problem was found, all the tubs have been removed from the site and it will not be available until the problem is fixed.

Outside of those issues, the dosing is pretty flexible for this product. You can use in the morning, afternoon or early evening. It can be used before cardio, before weight training or any other physical activity. I would not suggest taking it too late into the evening because you probably don't want to be sweating in bed while trying to fall asleep. I personally used a combination of one and two servings during my time with this product.

My goal for the effectiveness of this supplement was a little different than when I used and reviewed the liquid version of this product. During the liquid use, I had the goal of being in a caloric deficit and losing body. This time, I was not as concerned about body fat loss as before, mainly because this product was used during the holiday season. I did not expect to be in a caloric deficit during this time and had no intention on losing body fat.

What I did use this product for was helping my body warm up faster as the temperatures in my area dropped due to winter arriving. This is where the HEAT in the name lived up to its promise and provided me the effectiveness I was looking for. By being able to warm up faster before my training sessions, I was able to move into my heavier lifts quicker than before when I wasn't using this product. This allowed me workouts to be more intense because I wasn't spending the extra time with lighter weights to get my body warm and avoid inquiry. The extra carnitine was always nice to have as well and may have provided me with some extra stamina and endurance during my training sessions.

When this product comes back in stock, purchasing a tub directly from the VMI Sports website will cost you $22.99. CampusProtein now shows this product in stock and available for purchase while the VMI site is still out of stock. Not sure if the CampusProtein version is the one with corrected scooper or not. The current price from them is $23.99 but there is currently a 15% discount available for this item.

In the big picture of training and supplementation, a product like L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is likely going to be a third tier supplement for most people. First tier would be products like a protein powder and pre-workout. Second tier may be an amino acid product and something like a fish oil or multi vitamin. Once you have all those supplements taken care of and if there's still some money left in your budget to spend, a fat burning/cardio supplement like this would be a good option.

An individual situation I can see that changing is if you know you're deficient in carnitine because of your food choices. At that point, you will have to decide if you want a lower dosed carnitine product with the added extras like this or a higher dosed pure carnitine supplement like VMI Sports Carnitine 3000.

Side Effects

There were no negative side effects that I experienced with this product. As noted and expected, you will probably sweat A LOT after taking this and doing some type of physical activity. Just be aware of that if you work out in a public gym and are self-conscious about how others may look or perceive you when you are sweating up a storm. Also, please be sure to have a towel handy so you can wipe down the machines and benches after using them as a courtesy to others. No one wants to wallow is your sweat puddles while trying to work out.

The warning from the brand is: For Use as a Dietary Supplement Only By Healthy Adults of the Age of 18 and Over. Do Not Use This Product If You Are Pregnant, Nursing, Or May Become Pregnant. Do Not Consume If You Have A Pre-Existing Medical Condition, Or You Are Taking Any Prescription Medication. Please Consult A Physician Prior To Use. Do Not Use If Safety Seal Is Broken. Use Only As Directed. Do Not Exceed Recommended Use. Store in a Cool, Dry Place (60'F to 80'F).

Conclusion

To wrap things up, I enjoyed my time with this product and like the powdered version a little bit more than the liquid version. In terms of taste, the flavor I had was spot-on and even did not have the spicy after-taste as the liquid one did. For the purpose that I was using it for, it performed excellently. I did lower the rankings in some areas because of the manufacturing and quality control issues that I experienced with the incorrect scoop size and missing some servings in my tub. For those looking to get warm quickly before your cardio and/or weight training sessions, this is definitely a supplement I would recommend looking into.

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me plus another thumbs up to the owner Tom for willing to take the time to acknowledge my concerns with this product and speak with me over the phone about them. Shows me they really care about their products and the consumer when something is not as it should be.

Overall
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  December 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed Label
  • Cool Label
  • High % Of Active Ingredients
  • Increased Pump
  • Better Endurance
  • Strong Energy
  • Premium Ingredients
  • Contains Artificial Colors
  • May Be Expensive To Some
  • Some Trademarked Ingredients Not Used

From the brand:

Want to get accused of being a fake natty with your juicy pump?
SUPERHUMAN was developed for gym enthusiasts looking for a COMPLETE pre workout formula that is MAX DOSED and OVER DELIVERS and leaves you being accused of being a fake natty.

1 Scoop of SUPERHUMAN guarantees the most ANABOLIC workout experience of your life.
100% Original Formula. Non Proprietary Blend, Max Dosed Premium Ingredients, NOTHING on the market like it.
Best of all, this formula is so complete we added an "Anti-Crash Matrix" No more crashing after taking your pre workout.
Mos...

From the brand:

Want to get accused of being a fake natty with your juicy pump?

Most formulas have a really strong pump formula but are pretty weak when it comes to energy or muscular performance or Vice Versa.
SUPERHUMAN pre workout has 4 equally strong components - and each matrix is maximum dosed.
SUPERHUMAN Energy
SUPERHUMAN Pump
SUPERHUMAN Strength
SUPERHUMAN Focus

Throw in the anti crash and absorption and you have the best pre workout on the planet and we GUARANTEE that.
Sure we could have simply had a pre workout that contains 5 or 6 fully dosed ingredients like many of the big guys do and saved our money to market all over the world.

But we so confident we created the best all round PRE WORKOUT on the planet that we know you will tell your friends and other guys at the gym about it

Don't take my word for it. Try it for yourself and if you are not happy for any reason we offer a 60 day money back guarantee.

First, my thanks go out to Alpha Lion for sending me a tub of their SUPERHUMAN pre-workout to try and review. I remember when the first batch of this product was available to us TROOPers and at first glance, this seemed like a fully loaded, well dosed pre-workout. At that time, I did not need any pre-workout so I left it for others to claim hoping another opportunity would become available in the future. Thankfully that is exactly what happened here and I picked up this tub to give the product a run. I also have not used a 2-amino containing pre-workout in quite a while, so I was interested in seeing how that may change my current workout intensity and duration. Let's dive in...

As I mentioned in the intro, the first time I checked this product out on SR.com, I thought to myself "Damn, this thing looks to be loaded!" Having never heard of Alpha Lion or this pre-workout before, I knew it was something I wanted to give a shot at some point. A few things caught my eye on the supplement facts panel. The first was the inclusion of 2-aminoisoheptane (also known as DMHA) stacked with a hefty dose of caffeine (350mg). I knew if all went well, this combo would provide some serious and long lasting energy for my training sessions and likely beyond as well.

Next I liked what was included in the pump matrix with a nice dose of Citrulline Malate (7g) but unfortunately the ratio is not listed. Some may assume it is the typical 2:1 that is seen in many other similar products but it would have been nice if the brand detailed that out for us. Beyond that ingredient, we have the inclusion of two relatively new and up-and-coming trademarked pump ingredients. That is the VASO6 (150mg) and Nitrosigine (750mg). VASO6 is produced by our friends over at Compound Solutions who are well known for many other trademarked ingredients such as TeaCrine, Dynamine and Peak O2. The product page for this ingredient can be found at https://www.compoundsolutions.com/vaso6.html Nitrosigine is a Nutrition 21 trademarked ingredient and more can be found about this ingredient at https://nitrosigine.com/about/

The remaining ingredients on the label are pretty standard in my opinion and great to have in order to put this supplement into the category of being a complete pre-workout at one scoop. Unless you are 400 pounds of shredded human being, I could not see any reason why more than one scoop of this product would need to be taken for a training session. What I did find a little odd is Alpha Lion did not use the CarnoSyn version of Beta Alanine. With multiple other trademarked ingredients used in the formula, using the most well-known version of Beta Alanine seems like it would be a great fit for this product. Beyond that, we do have a little higher dose than most pre-workouts at 3.5g, compared to the pretty common 3.2g dose. The Betaine Anhydrous is another ingredient where a trademarked version is available (BetaPower) but was not used in this product. While it would have been nice to have, I understand that certain compromises need to be made in order to keep the cost under control. Below is a list of all the ingredients included in this supplement.

Superhuman Energy Matrix:

Caffeine (from Anhydrous and citrate): 350mg >> The compulsory ingredient in pre-workouts, Caffeine in SUPERHUMAN is dosed at an optimal level of 350mg including sources from both Caffeine Anhydrous and Caffeine Citrate (faster acting).

2-aminoisoheptane: 100mg >> The most cutting edge stimulant of the post-DMAA era, DMHA has made its way into the most popular pre workouts of the day. It's benefits include intense energy and tunnel vision focus.

N-Methyl Tyramine HCl: 75mg >> NMT is a human trace amine. Basically, it's a neuromodulator substance found in plants that tends to be similar to our neurotransmitters substances. Used almost exclusively in pre workout and fat burning supplements, NMT is comparable to octopamine, hordenine, and synephrine.

Superhuman Pump Matrix:

L-Citrulline Malate: 7g >> You can obtain citrulline from food or your body can manufacture it from ornithine, another amino acid you obtain from food, through a biochemical process called the urea cycle. This cycle helps rid your body of ammonia, a waste product of protein digestion. After your digestive system metabolizes citrulline malate into citrulline, enzymes in your liver cells convert it into another amino acid called arginine, and other enzymes then convert arginine into nitric oxide in a process that also produces new citrulline molecules. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator that can help protect you from cardiovascular problems by lowering blood pressure and improving blood flow to your organs, according to experts at the University of Southern California. Although your body can make citrulline in this way, research suggests that consuming extra citrulline may have significant health benefits. (https://www.livestrong.com/article/545080-what-is-l-citrulline-malate/)

Green Tea Extract (leaf) (asVASO6): 150mg >> The most hyped pump ingredient of 2017, debuting with Olympus Labs RE1GN, VASO6 is a nitric oxide booster that is optimally paired with Citrulline. This potent combo has headlined many of the industry leading pre workouts in recent memory.

L-Taurine: 1g >> Found in vast quantities in the brain, heart, and skeletal muscles, taurine is a semi conditional that provides multiple benefits to the hard-training athlete. First and foremost, taurine functions as a cell volumizer, encouraging your muscles to absorb extra water, which leads to improved hydration, stamina, and muscle fullness. Since taurine is also present in the brain, it can enhance focus and reduce brain fatigue, helping you stay in the zone no matter how long you're in the gym. For a little more information, check out this article: https://www.tigerfitness.com/articles/post/taurine-pre-workout-supplement

Nitrosigine (Inositol Arginine Silicate): 750mg >> Also known as Arginine Silicate, Nitrosigine has been shown to be much more effective than Arginine at much lower dosages. Arginine is responsible for the muscle pump effect that you feel when working out, and Nitrosigine has been shown to have a very positive effect at improving muscle pump and blood flow.

L-Norvaline: 60mg >> L-Norvaline supports the body's arginine concentrations. The ultimate purpose for norvaline is to assist in the regulation of both nitric oxide (NO) and blood flow. NO is a natural molecule that increases vasodilation. What does this mean for you as the lifter? This means your blood vessels will dilate and your blood pressure will reduce. This process is known as vasodilation. With norvaline, vasodilation will be greater which translates into bigger pumps that will last long after your workout is over. This greater amount of nutrient rich blood flowing to the muscles for longer periods can also positively affect your recovery which means you'll see better results in the long-term.
Norvaline extends nitric oxide boosting effects by stunting arginase activity. Arginase is an enzyme that removes arginine and converts it into urea. Arginase can also restrict or regulate the production of nitric oxide. Norvaline stunting arginase means it helps promote unrestricted nitric oxide levels. According to a study from the Department of Medical Physiology and Microcirculation at Texas A&M University, norvaline increases NO production by 55%! (https://primevallabs.com/l-norvaline-explained/)

Superhuman Strength Matrix:

Beta Alanine: 3.5g >> Responsible for inducing hyperemia (also known as the "beta tingles," Beta Alanine has been shown to improve strength and endurance with continuous use. SUPERHUMAN has included a massive 3.5g dose which is nearly double the dose that is normally seen in pre workout supplements.

Betaine Anhydrous: 2g >> Betaine anhydrous (sometimes also referred to as trimethylglycine or "TMG") is a compound derived from the amino acid choline and is naturally occurring in plant species (especially sugar beets). In recent years, Betaine anhydrous has garnered a healthy amount of praise in sports supplementation, specifically as a pre-workout augmenter and potent performance enhancer.

Betaine anhydrous appears to have a multitude of benefits for athletes and gym-goers alike.

It has been gaining reputation as a pre-workout performance enhancer (for power and energy boosts) and also as a possible adjunct for fat-loss regimens. The primary reasons to supplement with betaine anhydrous include:
Increased power output
Increased capacity to perform anaerobic work
Increased energy levels
Promotes cellular hydration (similar to creatine)
May reduce LDL cholesterol/blood lipids
May help reduce body-fat tissue (needs more conclusive research)
(https://www.jackedfactory.com/betaine-anhydrous/)

Anti-Crash Matrix:

L-Theanine: 350mg >> L-theanine is an amino acid found most commonly in tea leaves and in small amounts in Bay Bolete mushrooms. It can be found in both green and black tea. It's also available in pill or tablet form at many drugstores. Research indicates that L-theanine promotes relaxation without drowsiness. Many people take L-theanine to help ease stress and unwind.

Superhuman Absorption Matrix:

Black Pepper Extract (95% Piperine): 10mg >> More information on this trademarked ingredient can be found at https://www.bioperine.com/

Taste >> I received the Kandy Kryptonite flavor, which is modeled after cotton candy. While it wasn't the best cotton candy flavored supplement I have ever had, it was still delicious and a joy to drink before each session. Very sweet with no bad aftertaste or anything to complain about; which is very impressive considering they only use about 13% non-active ingredients per scoop.

Mixability >> No big issues here. It is a decent sized scoop at almost 18 grams per serving with a lot of active ingredients, so I did not expect perfect mixing. Having said that, there were never any clumps or large amounts of sediment left over on the final sip.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "WARNING: Don't be the FOOL Who Over-Doses on Pre-Workout! You NEVER need to take more than one scoop! Mix SUPERHUMAN with 12-16 ounces of water and drink 15-30 minutes before lifting things up and putting them down repeatedly." They also recommend starting with a half scoop then working your way up to a full scoop.

** As a side note, I measured one level scoop on my generic food scale at home and it usually came in at between 14 and 15 grams while a full serving is 17.65 grams. While this is not an issue for me (especially with the amount of stimulants included in each scoop), I just wanted to make others aware in case they don't feel the full effects from using just a level scoop.**

Initially I started out with 3/4 of a scoop (13 to 14 grams) for the first couple of workouts just to be on the safe side. Since this was my first time in a while using a DMHA containing pre-workout, I wasn't sure how my body would react. Even at the reduce dosage, SUPERHUMAN still provided me with enough active ingredients to have solid workouts. The first thing that hit me was the energy and increased focus, which came on about 20 minutes after finishing. These were smooth and long lasting with no huge spike in heart rate or any negative feelings. As the workout got going, everything else started kicking in and my body was feeling great. The strength and power aspect was always there during my heavy movements along with what felt like improved recovery between sets. As the weight increased during these heavy sets, I felt like my mind and body was prepared for the next set well before the designated rest time. This allowed me to increase the intensity of my workouts without sacrificing weight or injuring myself. As I transitioned into the other body parts and hypertrophy training, that is where the pump matrix ingredients started to make themselves known. Even at the reduced dosage, my vascularity improved and the feeling of muscle fullness was present for each body part trained and it stayed with me until the end of the workout (which was usually biceps and triceps). Even after the lifting portion was completed, I often still had the energy and focus to do some TABATA cardio, which is not normal with some of the less comprehensive pre-workouts that I have used.

After the first week of workouts went well with no side effects or crash from the 3/4 scoop, I increased the dosage to the full scoop to see how things would go. As one might expect, most of the positive aspects I described while using the 3/4 scoop were amplified while still not having any side effects. The energy and focus would come on at the same time and pace but would last a little longer with the full scoop. This was nice when I had something else that needed to be done after the workout as my energy levels were still elevated without needing to consume anything more. The strength, power and endurance aspects were pretty much the same when compared to the lower dosage; maybe a slight increase here and there but nothing astounding by comparison. However, the pump and muscle fullness aspects had a notable increase when I moved to the full scoop. The vascularity in my arms and shoulders showed up much sooner than before and the muscle fullness was present after the first working set most of the time. A big surprise was the amount of muscle fullness I could still achieve in my arms at the end of the workout and how it would stick around afterwards while using the full dosage.

In the end, I think most people would have great results using the 3/4 scoop dosage, which happens to be just under a level scoop based on my measurements. For reference, I am 6'3" and weigh around 220 pounds (100kg) and the lower dosage worked well for me during my somewhat long workouts. If you have less body mass than I do and/or your workouts are more body part focused and last less time than 90 minutes, a 3/4 scoop will likely provide you with a great workout and help the tub last longer (which helps with the value and cost per serving).

SUPERHUMAN is available on the Alpha Lion website for $43.00 per tub, which includes 21 servings. You can save 10% if you sign up for their subscription service, which includes a delivery every 28 days. They also have a 60 day money back guarantee. They also have an interest-free installment plan where you can pay for a tub over a four month period.

This product has also recently made it to the Suppz.com website and currently has a list price of $39.99 with all three flavors available. Suppz provides free shipping on orders over $79 as well and they often have some type of discount code floating around the internet to save you some extra cash.

Depending on how many workouts and the dosage you use for each, a tub can last you between three weeks (6 days a week at full dosage) or more than two months (3 days a week at 3/4 dosage).

Side Effects

I personally did not experience any negative side effects throughout my use of the tub. With so many active ingredients, be sure to take a look at the label before buying just to make sure nothing is in here that you know you do not react well to. Since this supplement does contain a pretty potent energy matrix with a decent dose of caffeine and the DMHA, I would not consume this too late in the day or you might have some issues with sleep.

The flavor I had also contained some artificial colors (Yellow 5 and Blue 1), so be aware of those if you are allergic to them or just trying to avoid these ingredients.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this was my first time using a product from the Alpha Lion brand and it was a home run for me. SUPERHUMAN has a great supplement facts profile with nice doses of the ingredients many gym junkies look for, including some trademarked ingredients so we know the quality is there. They could have used some more trademarked versions of certain ingredients but that is just nit-picking for many. The flavor I had was great and a joy to drink each time. The effectiveness was there at both of the dosages that I tried with no side effects at either. The standard retail cost might be a little steep to some but this is truly a one scoop pre-workout and many might be able to succeed at only 3/4 of a scoop per workout. The only recommendation that I have is to remove the artificial colors from the formula. There is no need for these in this product, they provide no benefit to athletic performance and they add limits to your potential market of buyers.

Once again, thank you and welcome to the SR.com community Alpha Lion. You created a great performing and cool looking pre-workout with SUPERHUMAN and I look forward to trying some other products from your brand.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  November 13, 2018

• Artificial Sweeteners
  • Single Purchase Source
  • Mixability Issues

From the brand:

EAA Energy is an all-day recovery and energy formula designed to be sipped throughout the day to keep you in an anabolic state and give you a clean boost of energy.* We've include all 9 essential amino acids (EAAs) that are required to maintain and build muscle, a hydration optimizer to support muscle function and health, and an energy matrix for long-lasting energy.

Thank you to the team over at Nutr...

From the brand:

Thank you to the team over at NutraBio for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. This review is going to be for one of their newest and most hyped product releases that I can remember from this company and that is their EAA Energy product. If you have followed their social media during the time leading up to the 2018 Mr. Olympia, you would have probably seen the "teasers" about something big going to be released at the Mr. O competition. This is also a bodybuilding.com exclusive product, which means it can only be purchased from that one website and nowhere else for the time being. As this will be my first experience with an EAA product, I'm very excited to see how this goes and compare the results and feelings to my usual BCAA supplementation. Here we go...

As with every NutraBio product they produce, the label is COMPLETELY transparent, down to the amount of artificial sweeteners and natural colors that they use. In terms of the active ingredients included in each serving of EAA Energy, the fellas over at PricePlow.com did an amazing blog post breaking down all the contents of this product. Since those guys are much smarter than I about supplements, the ingredients and what they do; most of this section is attributed to their blog, which can be found here (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/nutrabio-eaa-energy). I have copy and pasted the information for those who do not wish to visit the separate website.

EAA/BCAA Blend 8.2g:
EAA Energy starts with an 8.2g EAA and BCAA Blend. The beauty of combining both EAA and BCAA is giving the consumer a full spectrum of amino acids needed for proper protein synthesis and repair. EAAs are called "essential" amino acids because the body cannot synthesize them on its own, so they need to be ingested via proper diet or supplementation.

Taurine (1.2g)
Taurine is an amino acid that promotes healthy electrolyte balance, insulin sensitivity, cardiovascular health, hearing function, and immune modulation. Although we can produce Taurine in our own body we still need to supplement to reach an adequate amount. NutraBio gives us a large amount of taurine at 1.2g, which will provide a strong dose to reap the aforementioned benefits of the amino acid.

L-Alanine (600mg)
L-Alanine is a nonessential amino acid that fights fatigue and stress imposed on the body. This was put into EAA Energy to give the body an extra push during training, or used as an everyday supplement for recovery. L-Alanine is a useful ingredient to lower blood sugar, assist protein building, and help supply energy to the body during periods of oxidative damage (cardiovascular activity). Regulating blood sugar, supporting muscle development, and improving our immune system are all perks that can help a trainee perform at an optimal level in the gym.

CocoPure Coconut Water Powder: (500mg)
Coconut Water Powder is the perfect addition to EAA Energy for restoring hydration and replenishing electrolytes during exercise. Electrolytes are minerals that play several important roles in the body, including maintaining proper fluid balance. During exercise, we lose amino acids and electrolytes and need to put them back.
Adding coconut water powder to EAA Energy lets us put back what we lose during training. Coconut water powder also provides benefits towards digestion and energy.
But there's a story behind this CocoPure. When NutraBio was looking for coconut water powder, they found it very difficult to find what they wanted. There was a lot of sugary stuff out there. Finally, they made it happen with CocoPure, a more highly-refined source of coconut water.

Infinergy (100mg Di-Caffeine Malate yielding 75mg Caffeine)
Infinergy is a combination of caffeine and malic acid put together to form di-caffeine malate. The duo is broken down into a 75% caffeine and 25% malic acid ratio by molecular weight. Due to the makeup of the ingredient, absorption is slowed down (as is the "energy curve"), digestion is easier on the body, and the longer release helps minimize the caffeine crash.
Due to this sustained energy release, it prevents less crashes then caffeine anhydrous. The mild form of caffeine helps to nullify the jitters one can experience from caffeine in stimulated supplements. The key benefits include reducing sedation by increasing adenosine, reducing fatigue, improving concentration, and boosting physical performance.

PurCaf Organic Caffeine (79mg Green Coffee Bean Extract, yielding 75mg caffeine)
PurCaf is a water-soluble organic caffeine source for natural energy drinks. This organic ingredient is extracted from green coffee beans and is 100% free of synthetically-created chemicals. NutraBio is known for making clean formulas and this is a major reason why it is included as a secondary stimulant to di-caffeine malate.
In comparison to synthetic caffeine anhydrous, the purity of the ingredient will provide similar energy and performance while only needing a slightly larger dose (since PurCaf is 95% caffeine by weight). PurCaf allegedly reduces stress on your adrenal glands preventing the body from burning out your central nervous system. Some attribute this to the chlorogenic acids provided in the other 5% part of the product.

AstraGin (50mg)
AstraGin is a plant-based compound to increase the absorption of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients in intestinal cells. AstraGin increases the quality of nutrients, amino acids, and compounds to enhance training performance and recovery.
Studies have shown AstraGin to repair the health of intestinal walls, and improve ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) by 18%, increase insulin sensitivity by 38%, and glucose absorption by 57%.

Wow! This supplement is loaded, and as of this time, the most comprehensive EAA product I have seen on the market with a bunch of extras goodies to put it over the top. Since Mark Glazier and the people over at NutraBio are far smarter than I and know their science when it comes to ingredients and formulations, I have no recommendations on how this supplement could be made better other than just adding higher doses of what's already included.

Taste >> I requested and received their much hyped cherry limeade flavor and it is wonderful! I am a big fan of this flavor in supplements but some companies have really screwed it up in the past, even with products that had far less ingredients than EAA Energy. NutraBio knocked it out of the park for this supplement and flavor profile. I enjoyed the flavor when used with 16 and 24 ounces of water.

Mixability >>First off, be aware that this is a very fine powder, so be careful as it will get everywhere if you happen to spill some. This is where this product struggled a little bit during my use of the tub. Each scoop was always mixed in a metal shaker bottle (without the blender ball) with ice and cold water. No matter the amount of water used, there would always be some debris left on the sides of my shaker cup. If left to sit, there would also be some product that would settle at the bottom. Not sure if it was the coconut water powder, some aminos or a combination of both. Even with the debris that could be seen in the water, that did not affect the flavor or mouthfeel while drinking the product. There was also a little bit of foam present immediately after shaking but that went away quickly.

Dosing >> Per the brand: "Directions For EAA Energy: Mix 1 scoop with 10-16 ounces of water. Consume before, during or after exercise or sip throughout the day as a healthy energy drink substitute. Try adding 3 scoops in a gallon jug to bring with you wherever you go."

As a side note, I weighed out a level scoop of this when I first received the tub and it is right on the 14.5g listed serving size. More points to NutraBio for giving us accurate scoops in this product.

As many supplement junkies know, a loaded ingredient profile and amazing taste is all well and good but the product must perform for those aspects to play a role in the decision to actually buy a product. As mentioned previously, this was the first EAA product that I have used during my many years of training and supplementation. With the current on-going debate between the BCAA and EAA camps, this was the perfect opportunity for me to see if I could notice a difference between the two. Please note that almost all of the servings were taken on an empty stomach.

EAA Energy performed well during all the different situations in which I used it. The first was as an energy drink replacement in the early afternoon. My normal go to would be a sugar free Rockstar or Monster when I am looking for this type of pick me up. A scoop of this was a great replacement for those and provided me with some additional benefits that the energy drinks do not. The flavor was just as good, if not better, than the energy drink and the only main difference was the lack of carbonation. Other than that, EAA Energy provided me with better ingredients from the aminos along with more hydration elements and longer lasting energy even though the caffeine count was lower by comparison. The cost per serving was also better, coming in at $1 each when most energy drinks purchased as singles would cost me between $2.00 and $3.00.

The second situation in which I used this supplement was before an early evening cardio session. If I did not have a scoop earlier in the day as described above and I felt like I needed a little kick in the pants to get through my cardio session, I would mix a scoop in 24 ounces of water and sip on it throughout my walk. This would give me just the right amount of energy and drive to push through the session without feeling run down or causing any negative side effects on my sleep later in the evening. Having the influx of aminos also gave me peace of mind that I was heading off muscle catabolism while staying hydrated at the same time.

The last situation that I can report on is when I used this supplement during golf outings. As I typically do not eat any food until later in the evening, my golf game can sometimes suffer if I have not planned properly the night before and the morning of. What I did during this time was have a scoop at the beginning of the round mixed with 24 ounces of water and I would sip on it throughout the first nine holes. I would then take another scoop at the turn mixed in 24 ounces of water again for the remainder of the round. In this instance, EAA Energy provided me with the perfect amount of fuel to stay strong and focused from the beginning to the end of my round. No muscle cramps experienced, even during relatively hot days and no feelings of dehydration while the supplement was in use. Plus it saved me money from having to purchase overpriced food or drink from the golf course if I hit a wall during the round.

With this being the caffeinated version of the EAA product from NutraBio, I did not use it as an intra-workout supplement mainly because I did not want or need the extra caffeine on top of what I received from my pre-workout. If you happen to use a lower caffeine pre-workout and would like a little extra boost part way through your training session, I could see this product working out perfectly for you. As most of the pre-workouts that I use contain between 250mg and 350mg of caffeine per serving, the extra 150mg from a scoop was unnecessary for me. My intra-workout supplementation stayed the same as before with just a standard non-caffeinated BCAA product being used. By not using this supplement intra or post-workout, I cannot specifically speak to its impact on muscular endurance and hydration during the workout or muscle soreness after the workout/next day. I will say that I did not notice a huge difference in my muscle soreness when I used a scoop as an energy drink replacement or prior to cardio. My soreness the following day was about the same in comparison to using a well-dosed BCAA product.

If you are looking to purchase this supplement, there is currently only one place that you can go and that is Bodybuilding.com. NutraBio has partnered with BB.com to make this an exclusive product; which makes this section easy to write and the purchasing process even easier for anyone looking to pick this up. No need to search around the web for the lowest price or promo codes.

Each tub contains a true 30 one scoop servings and the current retail price is $30. During the use of my tub, I saw different promotions available for this product on the BB.com website. At one time, you were able to take another 20% off the price and at another they threw in a free shaker. I also believe some of the BB.com brand ambassadors have a discount code that may be able to save you some extra money.

In my opinion, this is currently to best priced, most complete EAA Energy supplement on the market. Another EAA product from a well-known company that many people have been talking about lately has less total aminos per serving, not as many "extras" and is priced at $39.99. NutraBio entered this market like a "savage" and claimed the crown for the best overall EAA Energy supplement, in my opinion.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced during my use of this product. Please note that I consumed almost all of my servings on an empty stomach and had no negative reactions or feelings of uneasiness. Only possible problems I could foresee are if you are allergic to coconut or beets. There are no artificial colors used, so no need to worry there. Also, do not consume too close to your bedtime since each serving does contain 150mg of caffeine.

The warning from the brand is: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Contains 150mg of caffeine per serving, about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Do not use more than the recommended amount and avoid using with other caffeinated products or if you are sensitive to caffeine because too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and occasionally, rapid heartbeat. Consult your physician prior to using this product if you are pregnant, nursing, under 18 years of age, taking medication or have a medical condition. Immediately discontinue use and contact your physician if any adverse reactions occur. Discontinue use two weeks before surgery.

Conclusion

To wrap things up, I enjoyed my time with EAA Energy but cannot report anything absolutely amazing in relation to my first go around with an EAA formula, beyond the flavor in my opinion. We have a completely transparent label, that to my knowledge, no other company in the industry can match which lets me know exactly what I am consuming. The formula is the best of any EAA product that I have seen on the market and is loaded with the extras that make it unbeatable on paper. It was effective during all the different scenarios in which I used it and never caused any negative side effects. I did experience some mixability issues but those did not rise to the level of making this product unpleasant or hard to drink. My biggest disappointment during this time was the lack of noticeable effects from having a complete EAA formula when compared to my previous experiences of using just a standalone BCAA product. Maybe the effects of the additional aminos would be more prevalent to a person in a larger caloric deficit and/or someone in contest prep. Either way, this product includes a nice dose of BCAAs along with the added extras and still tastes great; so the inclusion of the other six amino acids has no downsides for me. The price from the current lone online retailer in terms of an EAA product is fantastic in comparison to others on the market. If you can get by with a simpler BCAA product, this is going to look slightly more expensive to you by comparison. With that in mind, NutraBio also manufacturers a standalone BCAA product that will provide you with a better value per serving.

Thank you again to NutraBio for sending me out this product to review and being a long term partner with SR.com

Overall
Overall
4.5
3.0
Thanks to Penta Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Natural Ingredients
  • No Side Effects
  • Includes Probiotics
  • Prop Blend

WHY OUR DAILY CLEANSE?

If you've thought about a cleanse, but were hesitant to commit to a strict dietary or juice cleanse, our Daily Cleanse Herbal Detox is perfect for you. It's simple, gentle, and it actually works.

ELIMINATE TOXINS EVERY DAY!

WHY OUR DAILY CLEANSE?

ELIMINATE TOXINS EVERY DAY!

Cleansing your body of wastes and toxins is just as important as eating healthy and exercising. The average person takes in all types of toxins on a daily basis. Toxins can be in the air we breathe, the water we drink, and unfortunately, in a lot of the foods we eat. But that is why it's important to cleanse your body daily as well.

Our Daily Cleanse Detox directions are easy to follow. You simply take 3 capsules daily with 8 ounces of water. The Penta Detox Complex does the rest. That's it.

First, I want to welcome Penta Nutrition to the SR.com community and thank them for sending me out their Daily Cleanse product to run and review. I am always excited when I see a new brand offer up their products to us TROOPers, especially a digestive health supplement. Personally, I feel this is an aspect of my health that can always be improved and that is why I chose to give this supplement a shot. Let's see if I was regulated on the daily.

Each three capsule serving includes a blend of ten ingredients for a total of 2250mg in the "Penta Detox Complex". While I would love to see this complex fully disclosed, I am willing to let that slide on a product like this if it is effective.

The ingredients in the complex are: Psyllium Husks, Bentonite Clay, Black Walnut Hull Powder, Oat Bran Powder, Flaxseed Powder, Prune Fruit Powder, Aloe Vera Leaf Powder, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Apple Pectin Powder and Glucomannan Powder.

According to the brand, these combined ingredients are supposed to: Improve digestive health, alleviate bloating, promote weight loss and detoxify the body. The dietary fiber and probiotics help to balance good bacteria and promote movement of material through your digestive system. The Bentonite Clay absorbs and removes toxins heavy metals, impurities and chemicals. The Black Walnut Hull Powder contains high amounts of antioxidants, iodine and essential fatty acids which boast anti-fungal, antiseptic, astringent and antiviral properties. The Flaxseed Powder is a rich source of healthy fat, antioxidants, and fiber that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. The Prune Fruit Powder helps to add bulk to your stool and may speed up the rate that waste moves through your digestive track.

In short, each serving should get things moving in your body if they are stuck; along with possibly being faster and more efficient while riding your body of all the unwanted stuff that shouldn't be in there. The standard American diet typically does not contain even fiber for our bodies to properly regulate themselves and this supplement claims that it can help with that process with just three capsules per day. Everything sounds good so far but how does it perform in real life?

Taste >> Nothing to report here. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Move along

Dosing >> Suggested use is three capsules daily with eight ounces of water or as directed by a healthcare professional. The time of day you take it will vary based on the individual and their daily activities. With my previous experiences of similar products, I decided to take all my servings at night.

With no mention from the brand whether the best results would be achieved by taking this product on an empty stomach or with food, I initially started off with my three capsules on an empty stomach before having my one large meal at night. I did this for the first half of the bottle and did not notice or feel anything different compared to before I started this supplement. Thankfully there were no side effects during this time but I cannot point to any positives either. The number of daily bowel movements stayed the same along with the amount of stool excreted each time. I also did not notice any improvement in the digestion of my meal or my gut feeling/acting any differently than before. These effects were the same whether my meal was carb heavy or mostly just protein and fats.

With no noticeable effects taking this on an empty stomach, I decided to switch things up a little for the second half of the bottle. During this time, I consumed my three capsules after finishing the first part of my meal. I thought by having some food in my stomach before taking the capsules would cause a different reaction and possibly produce a noticeable result. Unfortunately this change in dosing did not give the product any signs of effectiveness that I can pinpoint. Everything remained the same as described in the previous paragraph. I guess the only good thing I can report in this section is I did not have any side effects from this product during either dosing protocol.

At the moment, it appears the only place this product can be purchased is directly from the Penta Nutrition website. It is currently listed at $39.99 per bottle, which is a 30 day supply if you use the standard three capsule dosage. Free shipping kicks in at the $50 mark; otherwise it is an additional $6.99 for priority shipping.

While this is not the most expensive daily cleanse type product I have seen, it is much higher than a couple of others that I have reviewed on this site. Based on the results, I couldn't see myself picking this product over the two others that I am aware of at this price point.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects during this trial. With consuming at night, there were no uncomfortable feelings or noises from my stomach and it did not cause me to wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Be aware if you have a nut allergy as this product does contain an ingredients from walnuts. Also take not that the gelatin for the capsule is bovine, if you are trying to avoid ingredients like that.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this 30 trial of Daily Cleanse was a dud for me. No tangible results or effectiveness to report but also no side effects either. The additional probiotics were nice but those can be purchased separately at a much lower cost. The current price point is also higher than comparable products that I have used which provided me with better results. The ingredients included and claims made by the brand look good but my body just wasn't going to have any of it :(

Once again, thank you and welcome to the SR.com community Penta Nutrition. While this product was not a home run for me, I look forward to trying some of your other products available to us TROOPers.