dmf8625

First Bloods

Reputation

Total Reviews

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. dmf8625 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 349 days.

Reviews by dmf8625

February 18, 2018

• Prop Blends
  • Marketing Hype
  • Unexplained Ingredients And Their Effects

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

I was sent a tub of this directly from BSN for winning a drawing from their online community that I am a part of. I did not get to choose the flavor and this showed up by surprise. This product seemed like many of the other stimulant based amino acid products on the market, so I decided to give it a try.

Serving Size 1 Scoop (15 g)
Servings Per Container 28
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Carbo...

Serving Size 1 Scoop (15 g)
Servings Per Container 28
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 1 g <1%
Vitamin D 500 IU 125%
Sodium 170 mg 7%
AMINO ACID INTERFUSION 10g **
Micronized BCAA Blend (L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine), L-Alanine, Micronized Taurine, Micronized L-Citrulline
EFFORSORB ENDURA COMPOSITE 2.3g **
Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cholecalciferol
ENERGY & FOCUS BLEND 325mg **
Caffeine Anhydrous, Longan Extract (fruit)(as EUPHORIA FRUIT EXTRACT), Lindera Extract (root)
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Daily Value not established.
OTHER INGREDIENTS:
Natural and Artificial Flavor, Silicon Dioxide, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Red 3
CONTAINS: Soy.

As you can see from the label, this product is nothing but prop blends for the active ingredients. The label states there is 10g of amino acids per scoop but does not say how many of those are BCAAs. In the amino acid blend, the BCAAs are listed first followed by some cheaper aminos to round out the dosage.

The next blend called the EFFORSORB ENDURA COMPOSITE seems like a lot of marketing to me. The ingredients do not seem like they would benefit the body in any way. All I could find on the BSN website is the blend is used as a delivery system. No further explanation on how or why.

The last blend contains the caffeine along with some "ancient exotic Chinese ingredients". BSN does tell you that each scoop as 125mg of caffeine from anhydrous and I was able to find the dosages for the two extracts (each at 100mg). Makes you wonder why BSN put all these ingredients under a blend on the label when they disclose the amount of each on the web.

Overall, I would like much more disclosure on this product in terms of the aminos along with a better explanation about the EFFORSORB ENDURA COMPOSITE blend. You do get a nice dose of Vitamin D in each scoop, so that is a positive if you are lacking that vitamin in your diet (as many people in society are).

Taste >> The flavor I received was strawberry orange. In my opinion, they forgot the strawberry flavor as all I get is orange. Personally, I am not a huge fan of orange flavored supplements, so this is not my favorite amino product to drink. It is palatable to drink with no bad after-taste or bad mouth feel.

Mixability >> Be warned!! This powder is very fine and will get everywhere if you are not careful. Not sure exactly why the powder is this way, as no other amino product I have used is like it. The fine powder does seem help with mixability though. In my experience throughout the entire tub, everything almost dissolved after a few shakes in my shaker bottle. Anything that was left over after the first few shakes was gone after shaking it again once everything settled. Not a lot of foam to report, which disturbs me a little bit since I associated foam many with having a high dose of Leucine.

Dosing >> I personally used this product two ways. The first and most common was as an intra workout drink. One scoop in a full shaker of cold water and it would last me through the workout. I also used this as an energy drink replacement in the mornings and mid afternoons. Same dosing of a scoop in a full shaker of water. While not as strong as some energy drinks on the market in terms of caffeine, it was enough to give me energy for a few hours. Plus I knew it was better for my body that a high sugar energy drink.

In terms of effectiveness, beyond the caffeine kick is up to debate. Are you a person who believes BCAAs and other aminos help build muscle or at least stop muscle breakdown. I personally did not notice any differences of improved muscle recovery or focus beyond what the caffeine provides. Since most of the ingredients are hidden behind prop blends, I have no idea of they are dosed high enough to be effective. Beyond knowing I was receiving a nice dose of vitamin D, this product working is up in the air.

Currently this is listed on BB.com for $19.99 for the 28 serving tub. From what I have seen on the market, this price is pretty standard for an energy amino product. If you are a person who is looking for something that contains more than just BCAAs, then you might want to look at this. Personally, my value rating is lower because of all the prop blends and not being able to know the dosages of each ingredient that I am receiving. I also did not really enjoy the taste of the flavor I received, which also effected my value rating of the product. Please also note, most energy amino products have at least 30 servings, while this one is only 28 (and you will probably get less because of spillage from the fine powder).

Side Effects

None to report and I could not foresee any unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients. The most likely to cause any issue would probably be the extracts in the energy and focus blend.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I am glad that I received this product for free because it is not something I would personally spend my money on if I had a choice. In 2018, prop blends should not exist anymore in my opinion, especially on an amino product. I also believe this product has a lot of marketing hype behind it and I would trade that for a solid full disclosure formula any day of the week. The strawberry orange flavor could also use a re-work with more strawberry added in.

February 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Restful Sleep
  • Relaxation
  • Mood Support
  • Social Media Discounts Available
  • Fat Burning Claims Are Questionable
  • Only 25 Servings Per Tub

I picked this product up after seeing a Facebook ad with a 75% off discount available. Since sleeping is where I struggle the most in terms of recovery from training, I am willing to give almost anything a shot. I have yet to find a product that can knock me out and keep me asleep at night. If this one can do that plus the bonus "fat burning" ingredients, then I would be a happy lifter.

Magnesium (as Bisglycinate Chela...

Magnesium (as Bisglycinate Chelate) - 30mg
KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract - 300mg
Garcinia Cambogia (std. to 60% Hydroxycitric Acid HCA) - 300mg
InnoSlim (Panax notoginseng [root] and Astragalus membranaceus [Root]) - 250mg
Green Coffee [Bean] std. to 50% Chlorogenic Acids - 250mg
Mucuna Pruriens [Bean] std. to 20% L-Dopa - 150mg
Melatonin - 5mg
BioPerine - 5mg

As you can see from the above, this product has a full disclosure label with no prop blends or hidden gimmicks. In today's market, if the product is not open label, I'm not spending my money on it.

What first attracted me to this product (besides the price) was the inclusion of KSM-66. That ingredient has been making a lot of news in the industry and showing up in quite a number of sleep, mood, test and adrenal support products. Thankfully this company chose not to pixy dust this ingredient and include a nice 300mg. Some products I have seen like to market this ingredient on the label but only include 100mg or less.

The other ingredient that I was excited about for help with sleep is the Mucuna Pruriens, although I would rather see the standardization to 98% L-Dopa instead of the 20% used in this product. That is my wish but I understand for cost reasons why the 20% was used. More on that later.

Taste >> Nothing to taste. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> Same as taste, nothing to mix.

Dosing >> Per the bottle, take two capsules before bed and do not exceed four capsules per day. During my use of the bottle, I did not need more than two capsules to reach the intended effects.

In my opinion, the effectiveness for this product should be split into two categories. The first would be the effectiveness of this supplement as a sleep aid and relaxation product. In those terms, I am mostly happy with the results that I received. While this product does not have a knock-out effect like some sleep products do, it does help with more restful and complete feeling sleep during the night. I did not feel those effects every night that I took this supplement but on more than a majority of those nights. I would like a supplement like this to work every night that I take it but I know that is a lot to ask for any supplement, especially a sleep aid.

The second category for effectiveness should be the fat burning claims that this product makes. In my opinion, the ingredients included for the non-stim fat burning are more hype than useful. These ingredients are ones that get mentioned on shows like Dr. Oz but have little or no research studies showing their effectiveness. I think the company tried to create and sell a product merging the worlds of fat loss and better sleep together. Personally, I do not think that is possible and it did not work with this product.

Currently this product is listed on Amazon for $34.99 per tub. Each tub has 25 servings of two capsules each. At retail price, this product is on the pricey side in my opinion, mainly because it only has 25 servings versus other sleep products that have a more standard 30 servings. As I mentioned though, this company always seems to have ads pop up on my Facebook page with some type of discount. If you follow their page or somehow interact with the brand on social media, you will likely see a discount available in the near future.

Side Effects

No negative side effects to report. Please note this product does contain melatonin for those who may be trying to cut down or cut out that ingredient from their lifestyle. The only reaction I could foresee is from someone who is allergic to one or more of the ingredients. Luckily the label is full disclosure so you can see what is included.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this was a nice supplement that helped me with restful sleep more times than it didn't. I marked it as recommended YES in this review because it is different and helped me. I am still up in the air about the "fat burning" claims that this product makes, which is why the overall and effectiveness ratings were in the average range. I put the value ranking towards the lower end specifically because of the retail price that any normal person would pay not having read this review and knowing that social media discounts are out there.

Thank you for reading this review and let me know if you have any questions

February 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Almost Always A Salespecial Can Be Found
  • Transparent Label
  • Moderate Caffeine Dose
  • Thermogenic
  • Under-dosed On The High Quality Ingredients
  • Contains Yohimbe

This review is going to focus on the capsule version of this product as they make a powdered version now as well. I was originally contacted by the company directly and given a free full bottle in exchange for a review on BB.com. After I finished that entire bottle, I used a few more bottles as well.

Amount Per Serving %DV

Alpha-Glycerolphosphorylcholine Powder (std. min. 50% A-GPC) 50 mg
Theacrine (as TeaCrine) 25 mg
Yohimbe Extract (as Pausinystalia yohimbe) (bark) 20 mg
BioPerine (Black pepper fruit extract) 5 mg
Huperzia Serrata Extract (std. min. 1% Huperzine A)(club moss)

As you can see from the label, this product is full disclosure for all the ingredients which is one of the first things I look for in a product. The bullet point ingredients that caught my eye was the caffeine content, the Coleus Extract, the Alpha GPC, TeaCrine and Yohimbe. I can not think of a product on the market that includes all of those ingredients.

I do have some issues with the dosing of some ingredients because they are much lower than I would prefer to see. In the scope of pricing, I understand that EVL would need to under-dose some items to keep the price point reasonable. I do like that there is not a stupid amount of caffeine in each serving. It seems fat burners are turning into caffeine pills for some companies. In a perfect world, I would like to see the Coleus Extract increased by 50 or 100mg. The Alpha GPC I would like to see much higher, in the range of 200-300mg. The TeaCrine would be great at 100-125mg. The Yohimbe is at a good point to attract the masses without potentially causing any side effects.

Taste >> Since I have only taken the pill form of this product, there is nothing to report in the taste category.

Mixability >> Nothing to mix here.

Dosing >> Per the bottle >> As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving in the morning on an empty stomach and 1 serving 4-6 hours later in the afternoon. Do not exceed 2 servings in a 24-hour period. To support overall health, drink 8 glasses of water over the course of a day. TRANS4ORM may be taken for up to 8 weeks but should then be discontinued for a minimum of 4 weeks.

Personally, I used this product once a day in the morning before my cardio. Prior to re-reading the label today, I did not realize the recommendation of cycling this product. I'm not sure if that is because of the Coleus Extract and the effects that may have on test levels. Or is it recommended just so a person does not build up a tolerance to some of the ingredients? I couldn't find anywhere on EVL's website an explanation for that.

This product worked pretty well for me and how I used it. The moderate amount of caffeine was just enough to get me going for my morning cardio and lasted long enough to get me through the session as well. With only 175mg from natural sources, there was no crash afterwards and I was ready to move onto the next task. The dose of Yohimbe also did a good job of heating me up during the cardio and quickly getting the sweat going. I know that may not mean much to some, but a nice sweat gives me the impression that I am actually doing something and achieving my goals.

The one aspect that I was disappointed with was the mental focus that the bottle claims to provide. As I mentioned in the ingredients section, I do not feel the Alpha GPC and TeaCrine is dosed high enough to have this intended effect. At the same time, I realize that upping the dosage of these expensive ingredients would have an effect on the price and value of this product.

Overall, there has to be some give and take on this product when it comes to effectiveness.

Currently on EVL's site, you can get a 30 serving bottle for $19.99 or double that to a 60 serving bottle for just $5.00 more. Even better, BB.com currently has a special going on where you can get two 60 serving bottles for $42.

Side Effects

Personally I did not experience any side effects with this product. Is does contain Yohimbe, so those who do not like that product and/or try to avoid it should be cautious. The dosage is not ridiculous, so most should be ok.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this is a nice product for either someone new to taking fat burner products and/or someone looking for a fat burner that is not just a caffeine pill. I could foresee this product being a replacement for morning coffee if you don't have time and have to leave the house quickly. With this product being available at many different websites, there always seems to be some kind of special going on that will help you save some money and lessen the effect on your wallet if you are hesitant to give this a try. As you can see from my rating; this is a middle of the road product in my opinion. Worth a shot if you are looking for something new but don't have much money to spend.

February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label
  • Stimulant Free
  • Banned Substance Tested
  • No Artificial Dyes Or Colors
  • Must Be Stacked With Something Else
  • Clumps
  • Not A Stand Alone Pre

I received a full tub of this product for winning a contest from my friends over at PricePlow last year and just used the last few scoops. I received this along with a tub of Muscle Pharm Assault but chose to use this on its own to see if it would function as a stand along pre-workout like the label says. Previously I have never been a big fan of Muscle Pharm because of the prop blends and lack of transparency. After the re-brand that they went through, labels became full disclosure and I was willing to give them another shot.

Serving Size: 6 g (1 Scoop)
Servings Per Container: 30

L-Citrulline Malate 3 g
Nitrosigine (Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate) 750 mg
Agmatine Sulfate 750 mg
Taurine 500 mg

As you can see, this product has a transparent label so it is easy to see what each scoop gives you. The first thing I was impressed with is that out of a six gram scoop, there are five grams of active ingredients and only one gram of non-actives. It is nice to use a product that is not only 60%-70% actives and the rest fillers. This one is over 83% active ingredients per scoop. Well done Muscle Pharm.

However, I was disappointed about some of the ingredients and/or dosages that they decided to use. First is the L-Citrulline Malate. I am much more a fan of pure L-Citrulline when it comes to pump products. Not knowing the ratio of Citrulline to Malic Acid in this product, I have no idea how much actual Citrulline I am receiving (maybe two grams or so). My other issue is with the dose of Taurine. If this product really wants to be a stand alone pre-workout at one scoop, I feel the Taurine dose needs to be closer to the two grams mark.

Taste >> This product only comes in two flavors. Fruit punch and blue raspberry. I received the blue raspberry flavor and the best I can say is the taste was average. I have never really had a blue raspberry flavor that stood out or blew me away. All of them in any product I have tried have just been "eh" and this one was no different. It was not bad tasting, just nothing to write home or scream joyfully about. I can drink no problem but it's not my favorite flavor.

Mixability >> At only six grams per scoop, there was no issue with mixability when using the recommended amount of water (8-12oz). I always used a shaker bottle with this and it only took a few shakes for everything to be mixed and ready to go. After a few swigs, everything was gone and we are ready to go. Part way through the tub, I started using two to three scoops at a time in the same 8-12oz of water and there still was no issue with mixability. Please note that this product will clump in the tub if left sitting for a few days. Not a huge issue though as a simple shake of the tub before use breaks everything up again.

Dosing >> My first few uses of this product as a stand alone started with the standard one scoop dose. I did that go give this product a shot at being what the label claims as "Stimulant-Free Pre Workout Designed To Deliver A Superior, Sustainable Muscular Pump" At one scoop, I felt almost nothing in terms of pump, focus or drive. From that point I started experimenting with multiple scoops and eventually found it to be a nice pre-workout at between 2.5 and 3 scoops for shoulder, chest or arm days. At almost three scoops, I was getting close to nine grams of the Citrulline Malate and almost my desired 1500mg of Taurine. If this product was stacked with another pre-workout like Muscle Pharm Assault, then one scoop would likely be sufficient.

As I mentioned in the dosing section, the effectiveness of this product did not start to show itself until I started using two and a half to three times the suggested serving. Unless you are a small person and/or react quite strongly to the active ingredients listed, one scoop on its own is basically worthless in my opinion. One scoop mixed with another pre-workout might be effective but I never went that route. When I started using the additional servings for my workouts, the product started to show it effectiveness. I would get decent pumps for chest, shoulders or arms and the extra taurine provided some energy and a mood boost.

The final word in relation to effectiveness is again going to depend on how a person chooses to use this product. At one scoop on its own, not effective from my experience. At multiple scoops on its own, somewhat effective from my experience. At one or multiple scoops stacked with another pre-workout, effectiveness personally unknown but will likely add a nice little extra pump and boost to your workout.

Currently BB.com has this listed at $30 for a 30 scoop tub. If you are trying to use this as a stand alone pre, you will likely need at least two scoops per workout. That only gets you 15 workouts per tub at $2 a workout. For that price per workout, there are much better products on the market with more ingredients at higher dosages. If you already have a good pre-workout and are just looking for a little extra pump with one scoop of this, then at $1 per serving is not terrible. In the end, the value to each individual is really going to depend on how you plan on using the product. For my use at two to three scoops per workout, it is a pass for me.

Side Effects

No side effects to report and I can not foresee any side effects for anyone else unless your body has a reaction to one of the active ingredients. There are no artificial colors in the blue raspberry flavor. It is colored by using Spirulina Extract.

Conclusion

In conclusion, think about how you plan to use this product before purchasing. That will determine the effectiveness and value that you can expect to receive from the tub based on my experiences. While I am happy that Muscle Pharm has turned a corner and started to become more transparent with their products; their next step needs to be efficacious dosing in each and every scoop. I am glad that I received this product for free, as it allowed me to experiment more freely without having to worry about wasting my money by going through the tub too quickly.

February 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Multiple Flavor Options
  • Almost Always On Sale
  • Not For The All Natural Crowd

For the Flavdrops, I initially purchased these to help fill an order to meet MyProtein's free shipping threshold. I ended up ordering three containers because I just couldn't decide which flavors I wanted. In the same order, I was buying some unflavored protein powder that I would use with these along with other foods.

The ingredient profile is pretty simple on these and only varies slightly depending on the flavor and type of sweetener that you choose. The basis of each bottle is Carrier (Propylene Glycol), Natural color (Beetroot, Carmine [Strawberry & Raspberry flavors only]), Natural Flavoring, Sweetener (Sucralose), Water.

The main ingredient of Propylene Glycol is defined as a colorless, creamy liquid, it's classified by the chemical formula C3H8O2. Another name for it is "propane-1,2-diol," which is sometimes used when listing it as a compound on ingredient labels. As it's found in food as an additive (in the U.S., at least), the U.S. Department of Agriculture refers to it via the E-number E1520. It's completely soluble in water.

There are options for all natural and stevia sweetened versions of some of the flavors. In terms of macros, the bottles do not list any and the website claims there is no calories, carbs or fat.

Taste >> I personally have purchased three flavors of this product. Maple, peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter. Each one tastes pretty much what the label says it is going to taste like. There is only a slight difference that I noticed between the peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter flavors. In my opinion, they could have upped the chocolate a little more. Overall, none of them were bad tasting and there were no surprises when I used them in various different food items.

Mixability >> Never had a problem mixing these with anything that I used them for. I used them in protein shakes and oatmeal, both mixed using water. For the shakes, I would squirt in a few drops after adding my protein powder to the water and shake as normal. Always mixed perfectly and the taste dispersed throughout the entire shake. On the oatmeal, I would add in the drops after I cooked the oats and simply give it a quick stir. Easily mixed and flavored the entire bowl.

Dosing >> The dosing of these is left up to the user. Depending on how you are using them and the size of the food product you are looking to flavor; a few drops can be used to reach the desired flavor most of the time. For my uses, I would add one dropper full of the flavoring to my shakes and oatmeal. If I were to count out the drops, I would estimate anywhere between four and six each time. If you want a really strong flavor, just add more drops. It's all up to you!

This is one product where you can specifically control the effectiveness because everything revolves around personal taste and how strong you want the flavor. As I mentioned, it only took one dropper full of the flavoring to get the desired taste I was looking for. I feel that one dropper full to flavor a shake or a big bowl of oatmeal is reasonable. With that in mind, I would have to say this product is 100% effective at its intended purpose of flavoring plain foods. There is nothing I can complain about in this category.

The great thing about the MyProtein company is they almost always have some type of sale going on. If you sign up for their mailing list, you will be advised on all the different sales they run throughout any given month. Sometimes you do need to act quickly though as the largest deals may only last anywhere from a few hours to just one day. As I am writing this, they have a sale where some items are 50% off. These Flavdrops are currently 33% off and some flavors are marked down even more! The retail price listed on the website is $6.49 per bottle but you should never pay that with the endless discounts the website provide. Some flavors right now can be purchased for as low as $3.34 a bottle, which is a great value in my opinion. One bottle typically lasted me about a month when used multiple times per week.

Side Effects

None to report. Unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients, I can not foresee any problems happening with these. I went through all my bottles with no issues.

Conclusion

To wrap this review up, these Flavdrops are a great way to change up the flavor of everyday plain foods like shakes and oatmeal. You can buy multiple bottles and rotate flavors so you never have the same one each day. If you happen to have purchased some unflavored protein in the past, these would make it far easier to drink. Or if you are a person who is tired of plain oats and doesn't want to add any caloric items to flavor them up, these are a must have.

Thank you for reading this review and leave a comment if you have any questions

Overall
Overall
4.5

Pros:
 Cons:
  • May Help With Deeper Sleep
  • Effectiveness Is Questionable Without Blood Work
  • Unexplained Erections

This product initially showed up in my Facebook news feed and the company was offering a full bottle for just $2 from Amazon. There was no mention of the deal requiring a review to be left once received and used. As a sucker for a deal, I figured it was worth a shot to try this and see if anything happens. This is another company I have not heard of before and I do not know how they ended up on my Facebook news feed. Barring any side effects, I figured my loss was only going to be $2. Let's roll the dice!

Surprisingly this product has a transparent label and I am able to detail all the ingredients and their dosages.

Magnesium (Magnesium Oxide) - 200mg
Saw Palmetto Berries - 50mg
Hawthorn Berries - 50mg
Cissus Quadrangularis - 50mg

Other ingredients: Cellulose, Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate

Out of all the ingredients, the one I was most excited about was the Tribulus Terrestris. Per Examine.com, Tribulus terrestris is a plant from Ayurveda where the root and fruits are used for male virility and general vitality, respectively. The roots enhance libido and sexual well being without affecting testosterone while the fruits appear to be potently protective of organ function.

Other products that I have seen with this ingredient have not been dosed this high. I normally only see 250mg-500mg in test boosting type of products.

Taste >> Nothing to taste. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> Nothing to mix, simply consume the pills with water or whichever beverage you prefer.

Dosing >> Per the bottle, the suggested use is to take three capsules before bed. There is no reference to starting with one capsule and working your way up like many pill form products. I personally used three capsules each time for the entire bottle (30 days).

To me, the effectiveness of a test booster is hard to determine unless you get blood work done consistently. For this product, I will speak to the effectiveness of how I felt during the night after taking it and in the morning when I woke up.

In the evenings, I would take this right before bed as instructed. Some nighttime test products I have used before specifically state to try and take them on an empty stomach. This bottle does not mention anything like that. I typically always have a large meal before bed, so this was always taken with food in my stomach. As this is not a sleep supplement, there is nothing to report about it helping me fall asleep. Once I got to sleep, some nights it was effective at helping me achieve a deeper sleep and not waking up as much. Other nights I noticed no difference in my sleep quality. Some nights while taking this I did have some odd dreams but it was not consistent, so I can't confirm those dreams were because of this supplement.

In terms of waking up the next morning after taking this, there was never any issues. This product did not cause a morning fog and anything that hindered my ability to function in the morning. One of the claims on the bottle is the product will provide more energy but I did not specifically notice any increased energy in the mornings. Overall, nothing changed in the mornings while taking this product.

Overall, the only way I can confidently say this product is effective is if I had my blood work tested before and after taking this. Since I didn't, all I can report on is my sleep quality and feelings during use. Sleep quality did seem to improve some nights and I never had any negative reactions

Currently on Amazon, this product is listed at $17.95 for the 30 serving bottle. As I mentioned earlier, I received the full bottle at a discounted price of $2. At retail price, I likely would not purchase this product unless I specifically knew it was having an effect on my test levels shown via blood work. At the discounted price, I figured I couldn't lose. If this product went on sale to be around $10 or so, I would consider buying another bottle but likely would not pull the trigger right away. For someone who has tried other test boosting products but none of them have worked, this might be worth an $18 one month trial.

Side Effects

ANY LADIES READING THIS, BE WARNED...BONER TALK AHEAD

The only side effect that I can report for this product may also be a sign that it was working. On some days that I would awake in the middle of the night, I would notice I had an erection for no reason at all. This has not happened before taking this product and the only thing that changed was this supplement. I am not reporting this as a bad side effect, just something that happened and wanted to make others aware of who may try this product.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I am middle of the road on this product. Does the side effect I mentioned above mean this product was working? I don't know and probably will never know unless I chose to run another bottle with blood work. For my $2, it was worth a shot and it did help me sleep better some nights during the month of use.

Thank you for reading my review and leave a comment if you have any questions.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Thermogenisis
  • Recently Reformulated

Please note that this review is for the first version of Genius Burn before it was reformulated. The version currently on Amazon is the 2.0, which I have not tried and can not compare to the original. I found this product from a social media ad providing a discount for giving it a try. After learning a little about the company and seeing the product label, I figured it was worth a try. It was different from many of the others I have used and I am just a sucker for trying new supplements whenever I can get a deal. The company motto is Supplement Smarter, so I figured lets try being smart for once.

With a total of 9 trademarked ingredients in this supplement, the supplement facts panel is nothing short of an essay. Since this version is no longer available, I will save the reader some time and post a photo of the label in this review and quickly list the ingredients here (per 1 capsule):

IFAS503 Camellia sinensis extract - 125mg
Paradoxine Aframomum melegueta - 25mg
Capsimax - 12.5mg
AstraGin - 12.5mg
Huperzia serrata - 2.5mg

Many of these ingredients I have never heard of or used before. The ones I was most excited about seeing on the label was the Ashwagandha, the TeaCrine, the Capsimax and the Huperzia serrata. Having used products with each of these ingredients in them before, I knew my body would react well to them with the dosages listed.

Taste >> Product is in pill form. Nothing to taste

Mixability >> Nothing to report. Simply open the bottle and consume the desired number of pills.

Dosing >> The bottle states to start off with 1-2 capsules 1-3 times a day before meals. Since there is no caffeine or other aggressive stimulants in this product, I did not foresee a problem with over-dosing any of these ingredients by starting out with two capsules from the beginning. As a larger person, I typically go for the higher dose from the beginning then scale back if I need to. For this product, the two capsule dose was perfect for me and I never changed the dosing throughout the bottle. That gave me 30 servings of this product as there is a total of 60 capsules per bottle. I typically used 3-4 servings per week, so the bottle lasted me about two months.

I personally always used this product in the morning on the days that I did fasted cardio and it has the perfect amount of focus and energy to get me going and keep me going throughout the entire session. My morning cardio was always LISS where I would also read the morning newspaper. I would take the pills about 15 minutes before I started my cardio. Not long into the session, I would slowly feel my body heat up and I would also notice a change in mindset that allowed me to focus and comprehend more of the newspaper articles that I was reading. At times I would almost zone out and be so entrenched in my newspaper that I would forget I was walking on a treadmill. Luckily I never got off track and had an accident during those times. At the same time, my energy would increase and I would lose track of time because my body did not become tired from the walking, even though it was in a fasted state. The energy would then carry over into the early afternoon before calmly dissipating. I never felt a crash when coming down from this, which I think is mainly attributed to the TeaCrine and L-Theanine. Overall, I did not specifically use this product as suggested on the label before meals because I thought it would be more effective during my cardio sessions and it was.

Value/Price is where I have the biggest concerns with this product. I know the Genius Brand is presenting itself as a premium level company with all natural and effective products, all of which come with a price to pay. As a consumer, you need to realize that all those trademarked ingredients in this product come with a price tag because they have been proven to work. Currently the 2.0 version is listed on Amazon for $49.99. They sometimes run some deals through Amazon where you can take 20-30% off. Deals will also pop up on social media websites, sometimes with a 50% off coupon. If you are lucky enough to stumble upon one of those deals, that helps make this product's price more palatable. Otherwise I find it hard to see the value when paying retail price unless you have tried everything else and this is the only product that works for you.

Side Effects

I personally did not experience any side effects with this product. I would warn people that just because this product is caffeine free does not mean that it is stim free and you should be cautious about taking it too late in the day. If taken too late, your ability to fall asleep could become hampered because your body has not wound down enough. Another warning I would give to others is the Capsimax will heat you up and make you sweat. With that in mind, be cautious about what activities you have planned after taking this and if excessive sweating will cause an issue.

Conclusion

In conclusion, The Genius Brand is relatively new to the supplement world and they are taking a different approach by using as many trademarked ingredients in their products as possible. Taking into account the cost of all those ingredients and having them dosed effectively, this is definitely a premium brand that is focused on a specific type of consumer. If you have the money and dedication to continue your fitness journey, Genius Burn along with others from the same brand are a top notch choice. Other than the regular retail price, I have nothing negative to say about my experience with this product and hope maybe the price will come down as the volume of orders increase for this company.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.

• Great Focus
  • Mood Booster
  • Questionable Value

In regards to this product, I received it at a discount from a company on Amazon looking for my honest review. This is from a company I have never heard and could find only on Amazon at the time. Most of the time companies like this produce products that are full of prop blends and are under-dosed in everything but caffeine. I was surprised to see this product had a transparent label and good doses of a few quality ingredients.

----Ingredient P...

Excluding the vitamin b12, this product has 14 active ingredients listed (see photo attachment for supplement facts labe). Surprisingly this product only contains 200mg of caffeine, which is average or below what most of these fly by night fat burners include. As I go down the list, I am impressed that there are ingredients included like KSM-66 Ashwagandha, DMHA, Bitter Orange and Mucuna Pruriens. I mostly only see those is high end products from larger well known companies. Seeing 100mg of DMHA told me right away that this product was going to be no joke at its full serving. I also enjoy the effects from the KSM-66 in terms of stress response, mental clarity and performance. Everything else down the label is just icing on the cake for me.

** On a side note, I will be interested to see what happens to the ingredient list if they have to re-formulate this product to take out the DMHA.

Taste >> There is none. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> Nothing to report here. Just open the bottle and swallow the number of capsules you want.

Dosing >> The bottle recommends starting with one capsule to access tolerance and I would definitely stick behind that statement. If you have never used DMHA before and/or are sensitive to its effects, a smaller serving to start is definitely recommended. Not many pre-workouts on the market to my knowledge have a DMHA dose this high in them and this product has it in just three capsules. Personally, I know my tolerances for many of the ingredients in this product and I used three capsules each time.

When I initially was contacted about the opportunity to review this product and given the discount, I initially thought there was no way this was going to be effective. A company I have never heard of offering their product at a low price in return for an honest review. I think we all have heard of this type of Amazon scam. I am happy to say that I was proved wrong! This product gives you the focus, energy and mood boost as promised on the Amazon page. I typically use this product for leg day as I do not want anything with pump ingredients in it but I still want high energy and focus. This product gives me a boost to get going with my workout and lasts all the way through without any crash. I feel like I am zoned in during the lifts and sometimes forget that I even have music playing. This product will also get you sweating a lot and in a hurry! The only claim that I can not attest to is the appetite control. Since I workout in the morning, I typically do not have an appetite when not taking this product. After taking it and completing my workout, I feel the same as I do after any other workout where I use a different product. All in all, this product does everything I want it to and almost everything that is claims to do on the website.

I was able to receive this trial for just $1.35 but the retail cost on Amazon right now is $39.99 for a bottle of 30 servings of 3 capsules each. Since I only use this product one day a week, I find it to be a tremendous value at the retail cost. 30 servings would last me 30 weeks, which is more than half the year. For the person who would use this everyday or multiple times a week, the value argument changes based on what other products are available on the market. If you are a person who really likes the effects of DMHA and want it in a pill form fat burner product, this is the one for you. However, if you do not need or want DMHA in your fat burner, then there are plenty of other choices on the market in this price range and cheaper. You will have to ask yourself what ingredients you really want and will help you get the results you are seeking.

*On a side note, I would be interested to see what happens to the price if this is re-formulated to remove the DMHA.

Side Effects

The main side effect that I can report is this product will make you SWEAT! I typically consume it before I leave the house for the gym, which is about five minutes away. Shortly into my warm-up, the sweat starts coming and I haven't even begun to start lifting weights. This product will really heat you up and get you wet quickly! I list this information here in the side effects section especially for anyone who may be subconscious of sweating around others in the gym. And also for those who may take this product as a fat burner but do not go to the gym afterwards and instead goes to school or work.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I love this product for my leg day workouts because it provides me everything I want for that type of workout. I have not and probably would not use this as an everyday fat burner because of the retail cost and the type of ingredients it contains. I would much rather keep my sweating in the gym and save these for workouts versus just sitting around or doing everyday activities.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions or comments.

February 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Best Tasting Sleep Supplement I Have Had
  • Bad Side Effects
  • Unusable For Me

As for this supplement, I initially picked this up from Tigerfitness.com during their large Black Friday sale in 2017. Normally MTS products do not go on sale too often and I am kind of a cheap a$$ sometimes when it comes to products that I have not tried before. The sale took 20% off the price and there was free shipping. I thought about it for a while and finally pulled the trigger to purchase this sleep aid and give it a try.

Sleeping is where...

Sleeping is where I struggle the most in terms of my fitness lifestyle and overall health. I have tried many sleep supplements in the past and none have worked. After following Marc for a while on social media and YouTube, I felt confident that he knows what he is talking about and that he can formulate products effectively. MTS Sleep Aid became my next attempt at finally getting a restful nights sleep consistently.

Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI)
30mg Calcium (from Calcium Biglycinate Chelate)
32mg Magnesium (from Magnesium Gluconate)
3000mg GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)
200mg Valerian Extract (Valeriana officinalis) (root)
200mg Ashwagandha Extract (Withania somnifera) (root) (SKM-66)
130mg 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) (Griffonia Simplicofolia Seed Extract)(Seed)
50mg Chamomile Flower
50mg Lemon Balm Extract (Melissa officinalis) (ariel)
50mg Hops (flower)
150mg L-Theanine
3mg Melatonin

As with all MTS products, the label has full disclosure as you can see from the above. There are a few ingredients that really caught my eye with this product that gave me confidence that it was going to work. The first was the large dose of GABA, which in simple terms tries to calm the central nervous system (CNS) and get the body in a more relaxed state.

Another ingredient that I like and have had good results with in other supplements is the KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract. According to the manufacturer, the benefits include: Helps promote a healthy response to everyday stress, over-work and fatigue*
Helps support normal levels of mental clarity, concentration and alertness*
Helps support normal levels of vigor and performance*
Helps enhance sports performance*

I was also excited about the good dose of 5-HTP, as I have used that ingredient on its own with some effectiveness in relaxation but at smaller doses. I was interested to see what a larger dose would do for me.

Taste >> As anyone who has taken sleep supplements in powder form before, you could probably agree with me that they are not the best tasting supplements we have ever had. Many of the ingredients have a taste that is hard cover and typically leave you with an "earthy" taste in your mouth. MTS Sleep Aid however was the best tasting sleep supplement that I have tried so far. The flavor is fruit punch and it is as good as I can expect from this type of supplement. Is it an amazing fruit punch flavor like you will find in an amino product or pre-workout, no. But it is far more enjoyable than others in this category. Typically I would say if a sleep supplement tastes good then it is under-dosed and contains a lot of artificial ingredients. Since this product is open label, I know that is not true for this one.

Mixability >> Much like taste, mixability in sleep supplements does not come easy for well dosed products. Most of the time it is recommended that you mix the scoop and drink quickly before the ingredients settle. While settling does happen with this product if you let it sit, the mixability seems better than other products I have tried. The label says to mix with 8 oz of water, which should only take you a few swigs to finish. No aftertaste or grit/film is left in your mouth after finishing.

Dosing >> In my opinion, this is definitely a one scoop product based on the dosages on the label. Based on the reaction I had with this product, I could not imagine taking any more than one scoop at a time. Unless you are 300+ pounds of all muscle, taking more than one scoop seems like a waste and possibly dangerous based on my experience.

This is where the product loses almost all its points for me. The main objectives I want accomplished from a sleep supplement is for it to knock me out quickly and make it so I stay asleep the entire night. Unfortunately, MTS Sleep Aid does not accomplish either one of those tasks. On top of that, it gives me a horrible feeling shortly after consuming it.

First, I will speak about the two objectives that it fails to meet. Each time I have taken this supplement, there has been no drowsiness noticed no matter how long I wait before attempting to go to sleep. I would really like something that knocks me out quickly and makes my eyelids feel like sandbags. Strike one here.

Moving on to the second objective of keeping me asleep the entire night. Normally I do not sleep soundly and wake up multiple times during the night. While taking this supplement, nothing changed. I woke up approximately the same number of times during each use. Strike two.

Lastly, I will touch a little bit about the horrible feeling I get after drinking this. No exaggeration, less than a few minutes after taking this and sitting down, my chest tightens up and breathing becomes difficult. The first time this happened to me, I honestly thought I was having a heart attack! Not cool. Strike three! And I'm out!

Currently listed at Tigerfitness.com for $39.99 per tub and each tub is 30 servings. For the person that this product is effective for, that price per scoop seems reasonable compared to other products on the market. I have seen some sleep aids at the same price but the tub only contains 20 or 25 servings. Do note that Tigerfitness.com has a money back guarantee; so if you are not happy, you can reach out to them and they will make an effort to help.

Side Effects

As mentioned, this product loses almost all its points due to its ineffectiveness and whatever points are leftover are lost with me because of the side effects I experienced. As I briefly mentioned in the effectiveness section, I get a horrible feeling right after drinking this product when mixed with the recommended 8 oz of water. I am left feeling like an elephant is sitting on my chest and I have to put a lot of effort into breathing just to get a normal amount of oxygen into my system. I contacted the company about these effects and was told it is likely because of the GABA but there is nothing to worry about. I beg to differ! Feeling like you can't breathe and/or are having a heart attack is something I definitely worry about! This feeling does eventually pass after 5-10 minutes, but if you are not expecting it in the first place, it can be quite scary.

I will say there are no side effects experienced in the morning, specifically because the product is ineffective during the evening. Whatever effects I feel in the morning are because of restless sleep, not because of taking this supplement.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I had high hopes for this product and thought this could finally be the magic potion I have been looking for to get a good nights sleep. Sadly, I not only struck out on this product being effective; I damn near took myself to the emergency room thinking I couldn't breathe. Maybe these side effects can be lessened if I drink the product slower and/or use more water but I honestly do not want to try it anymore.

I had a horrible reaction to this product but by no means do I think this will happen to everyone who tries this supplement. If you have made it this far, please take into consideration this was just an honest review based on my experiences and the product may work great for you. Just keep in mind the feelings I mentioned in case those happen to you as well and have a little solace that they will pass.

Thank you for reading and leave me any comments or questions that you may have. Cheers

February 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stim-free
  • Targerted Fat Loss
  • Appetite Control
  • Libido Support
  • Bad Feeling If Over-dosed
  • Increased Sweating

Hello all! Full intro from the forum can be found here >> https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

I purchased this item because I had been seeing a lot of research and articles mentioning Yohimbe/Yohimbine and I wanted to give a try myself to see if the claims are true. I have taken other products that included this as an ingredient but never had it in pill form on its own. I needed some extra product to add to my order to reach the free shipping mark, so I decided to throw this in and give it a try.

The ingredient profi...

The ingredient profile is short and to the point for this product. 8mg of vitamin C and 2.5mg of Yohimbe Bark Extract (std. min. 98% Yohimbine HCL) per capsule. Other ingredients include Microcrystalline Cellulose, Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Silicone Dioxide.

For a little background information on Yohimbe, below is some information directly from the Tigerfitness.com website:

"Yohimbe is harvested from trees grown in Africa and is used and sold as a supplement for fat loss and male sexuality. Yohimbine is a component of yohimbe and is the main alkaloid (and main active component) within yohimbe that produces the desired effects such as fat loss and male function.

We want the Yohimbine HCl-the ACTIVE EXTRACT-- not yohimbe bark which tends to not be accurately dosed. Thus, DO NOT BUY the bark, get the HCl version, that way, we know what dose we are getting and can control the amount carefully, thus minimizing any side effects and maximizing results."

Taste >> This product is in pill form, so there is no taste associated with it.

Mixability >> Like taste, mixability does not apply to this product. Simply open the bottle and consume the desired number of capsules.

Dosing >> This is where things can get tricky with this supplement. It is recommended on the bottle that you start off with one capsule to asses your tolerance then increase the dosage if no undesirable side effects are felt. The increase will also depend on your body weight as the smaller person will likely feel the effects of this product at a lower dosage. Below is what is recommended by the person who created the brand of this supplement, Marc Lobliner:

"Based on the studies we have examined, I recommend working up to 0.2mg/Kg of bodyweight. So that means a 220lb bodybuilder (divide by 2.2 to get Kg) is 100Kg and would work up to a dose of 20mg of Yohimbine HCl, or eight capsules of MTS Nutrition Yohimbine HCl. I would typically start this person at one capsule and work up towards the full dose each consecutive session the person had no undesirable side effects."

Personally, I have never felt the need to use more than three capsules at any one time. For reference, I am 6'3" tall and approximately 225 pounds. I also want to avoid the side effects of this product at all costs, so any added benefit of creeping closer to my tolerance is not worth the negative effects if I happen to go over.

As for effectiveness, this product does exactly what it is intended to do. Once you find your ideal dose, the effects can be felt each and every time and they can not be attributed simply to a stim buzz. In terms of fat loss, this will make you sweat quite profusely, even when I took only one capsule. As I added more, thermogenisis continued to increase. If you do not like to sweat or are subconscious about sweating in a gym, think twice about taking this product.

This product was also effective for me with appetite control. Taken in conjunction with cardio, there were times I had no appetite at all. This is extremely rare because I LOVE food and can eat continuously if I wanted to. If you are someone who is contest prepping and on low macros, this would be a great product to add to your supplement stack.

Claims made by this product that I can not attest to personally are the "targeted fat loss" and libido support. The science shows that Yohimbine is supposed to target the mid section area for men and the hips/thighs for women. I did not notice any significant change to my mid section by using this product beyond what I expected to see from being in a calorie deficit. In regards to libido support, I know Yohimbine increases blood flow throughout the body, which could possibly help men with certain types of issues where lack of blood flow and the bedroom mix. Based on the science, this could help with that but I have no experiences to share.

Beyond all the personal stories I have shared about effectiveness, below is what the product claims on the website, again from MTS CEO Marc Lobliner:

"HOW DOES Y-HCL WORK?

Yohimbine works on the alpha receptors. Alpha receptors inhibit fat breakdown, so wherever they are abundant, you have a harder time losing fat in that area. For example, they are in high concentration in men's lower back and abs and in women's hips and thighs. Yohimbine HCl acts as an alpha receptor blocker. Since alpha receptors inhibit fat breakdown, and Yohimbine HCl inhibits alpha receptors, the net result is that you get an INCREASE in fat breakdown. Thus, you get a significant increase in fat breakdown directly from an area that normally is the hardest place to lose it from."

"As I was discussing with Joe Daniels of Swing This Kettlebells, Yohimbine HCl's effects work the best in the absence of insulin, and its effects start to diminish the more insulin is present. But this doesn't mean that you cannot eat carbs! Insulin will usually be under control on a lower carb diet, like most trainers will put you on. Obviously, cardio first thing in the morning is a good time and even post workout. What you can do is take the Yohimbine HCl DURING your weight training workout 15-20 minutes before you are done. Then, hop on the cardio post weights and BAM-FAT BLAST!"

Currently this product sells on Tigerfitness.com for $9.99 for 90 capsules. Depending on your tolerance and how many capsules you need to use each time will determine the value for this product. Most often I only used two capsules at a time, so a new bottle would last me 45 days. For a product that produces good results and will last me over a month, $10 is a great value looking at the big picture of my supplement stack. For the smaller person and likely a good number of females, you will only need one capsule, therefore a single bottle will last you three months if you take it every day.

Side Effects

Side effects are definitely present with this product when you take more than your body can handle. This is the main reason it is recommended you start off with only one capsule at a time. Gym bros who have the mindset of "If one is good then three must be better" will likely pay the price for that stupidity. Taking too much Yohimbine will cause your heart to race and make it feel like you are having a heart attack. You will also likely be sweating a lot and your mental acuity will be diminished until the concentration decreases. I would relate an overdose of this product to the worse feeling you can remember from having a cold and/or the flu. You will feel like garbage and not be able to function

Conclusion

In conclusion, even with all the possible side effects I listed above, I would definitely recommend this product to any avid gym goer, especially if you have hit a plateau in your weight loss goals. Just be smart with the dosage in the beginning and slowly work your way up if you feel the need to. Also be aware of other products that you are taking and if those also include a form of Yohimbe. I can not stress enough, you do not want to feel the effects of an overdose.

If you have any questions, leave me a comment and I will get back to you.

Thank you for reading!