dmf8625

First Bloods

Votes Cast

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Forum Posts

Total Reviews

TROOPer Level

Completed Missions

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. dmf8625 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 227 days.

Reviews by dmf8625

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  June 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Multiple Flavor Options
  • Non GMO
  • Great Macros
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • Desired Flavor May Effect Price

Update 6/5/2018

VMI Sports just announced that this product will be available in a larger 70 serving tub along with the 25 serving tub that I reviewed. This announcement greatly helps the value per serving for this product when purchased directly from the VMI website.

From the brand:
ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate is the industry's first 100% cold pressed & filtered whey protein isolate formula to fuel muscle growth, recovery, and hydration.

Update 6/5/2018

From the brand:

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to run and review many of the products that the company produces. My thoughts in this review are going to be on their whey protein isolate product ProtoLyte. Not only is this protein a lean and clean formula, it also has some added extras to improve your hydration. As many of us know, a dehydrated lifter or athlete is not going to be able to perform at his or her best. Gains and hydration, could it be dream come true?

The ingredient profile for ProtoLyte is simple and short, which is a great attribute to have with a protein powder in my opinion. First, as expected, is the whey protein and VMI uses a non GMO cold processed whey protein isolate (WPI). In the protein world, this is one of the best forms of whey that any product can use. No heat or chemicals have been used to separate the protein from the carbs and fats that do not belong in a product like this.
After the protein, all that is left is the flavoring/sweeteners along with a thickener and the digestive enzymes. An approximately 29 gram scoop yields 25 grams of protein, leaving just of four grams of fillers and non-active ingredients, which is a fantastic ratio in my opinion. When buying a protein powder, I do not want to pay for fillers when the purpose is muscle building protein. There are some proteins on the market where 40%+ of the tub is filler but not here!

Lastly, you have some additional added TRAACS and Albion registered hydration ingredients. These are included for "superior hydration and performance" according to the brand. Some people may get their daily value of these ingredients from the food they eat but for those who don't, a scoop or two of this protein will help you meet your goals.

Taste >> After looking at the VMI website to see which flavor options are available and with all of them sounding good to me; I left it up to the rep to choose the flavor to send. I received the vanilla peanut butter flavor and it was fantastic. Normally brands go the chocolate peanut butter route and one of the flavors usually overpowers the other. This was a nice change of pace with the vanilla and peanut butter flavors being equal. It was unique and awesome with no problems taking down an entire tub of this flavor while not getting bored with the taste.

Mixability >> Needless to say with the minimal ingredients list and high-quality whey protein used for this product, there was no issue with mixing. I always used a shaker cup with water and no blender ball. Ten seconds of shaking produced a completely mixed ready to go drink. No clumps, nothing on the sides of the shaker and nothing that settled to the bottom.

Dosing >> As with most protein powders, the dosing is left up to the individual and how additional protein will fit their lifestyle. This was a perfect option for taking post workout because of the high-quality protein and how easy it was to drink with the amazing flavor. The brand recommends one scoop in eight ounces of liquid.

With the macros being almost pure protein with less than one carb and no fat, this product was effective for me if I needed to fill some protein macros at the end of the day but did not have any carbs or fat leftover. My favorite snack at night if I had the macros available was to add a scoop or two of this protein into a Nutra Bullet along with some ice and liquid to produce a home-made frosty. This was effective at satisfying any sweet tooth feeling that I had.

No issues with digestibility either. There is no lactose in each scoop of this product because of the high-quality protein used but they still added some digestive enzymes for those that might be extremely sensitive. I usually only see these enzymes is whey concentrate products and those with lower quality protein blends, so it was a nice little bonus to see some included here.

At this moment, All Star Health has the lowest retail price for a tub of this protein at $34.99 with a choice of only three of the flavors. In terms of total cost, that website charges a flat $5.95 shipping rate. You can also find this product on Amazon in certain flavors for $39.99, including free shipping. If you want the option of being able to choose from all the available flavors, the only consistent place to go would be VMI Sports' website, where each tub retails for $49.99. Shipping is an additional $7.99. They do offer a 20% military discount. Each 1.6 pound tub will get you 25 scoops though, almost a month if used once per day. They just released information on a larger 70 serving tub that is listed on the VMI website for $89.99.

Side Effects

None experienced. Just sadness when the tub is gone. Lactose free with added digestive enzymes, so not much fear of gas or bloating for most of the population.

Conclusion

To wrap things up, this product is a superior whey protein isolate with some added extras that puts it over the top of others on the market. I would have never thought about having a protein with added minerals and electrolytes for improved hydration but now that I have experienced this product, I wish other brands would follow in VMI Sports' path. The taste of the flavor I received was amazing and the product made a perfect supplement to my training and lifestyle. There may be some sticker shock when a person first looks at the price and the size of the tub, but some research will show that VMI Sports is in the same ballpark as other similar high-quality isolates (lower price than some, higher price than others). And in my opinion, they stand out amongst some because of the multiple flavor options that are available. Some of the other comparable isolate products only have the standard chocolate and vanilla flavors available. If you are a whey protein isolate person who is tired of the same old brand/flavors that you have been using, take a look at this product from VMI Sports for a change to your taste buds. Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. You have hit a home-run with ProtoLyte!

2.0
Thanks to Alcyon Health for sending it out!
  May 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Available On Amazon
  • Under-dosed Ingredients

From the brand:
ErosVigor - LiquidCap Sexual Enhancement & Performance Supplement for Men & Women. This one is for the overachievers. That extra rep at the gym. Round two beneath the sheets. We believe in optimizing your body - to be stronger, to perform better, to last longer - and with ErosVigorTM, we can help you get there. ErosVigorTM is an all-natural performance supplement designed to bring out the very best in you. Our blend of amino acids and plant-derived ingredients is specially formulated to maximize sexual performance, increase strength, and provide you with long-lasting sustained energy.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

First, thank you to Alcyon Health for participating here on SR.com and sending me out ErosVigor to try and review. I have seen this product listed in the TROOP vault for quite a while and decided to pull the trigger and give it a go. Who couldn't use some added performance in the gym, in the bedroom and throughout your day? Lately, my energy levels have been low with sporadic motivation to go to the gym and lift. My libido, stamina and performance could all use a kick in the a$$ and I am hoping this product provides it.

The ingredient profile is simple and straight-forward for this product. Four ingredients with fully disclosed doses in one capsule.

Yohimbine HCL - 5mg

Naturally-derived from the African yohimbe tree, yohimbine supports vascular health by increasing blood flow studies find yohimbine to be an effective treatment for erectile disfunction studies also indicate that yohimbine may support fat loss by increasing the body's metabolic rate.

L-Arginine Ethyl Esters - 250mg

A versatile amino acid, l-arginine EE gets converted into nitric oxide in the body, essential for vascular health and arousal. it also supports muscle growth, recovery, and healing scientific studies show taking l-arginine improves sexual performance among men with low nitric oxide levels.

L-Carnitine Base - 430mg

Also known as vitamin BT, l-carnitine is the amino acid responsible for converting fat into energy studies show l-carnitine increases sexual response and arousal.

Niacin - 20mg

Otherwise known as vitamin B3, niacin is an effective vasodilator, improving blood flow in the body when taken in combination, l-arginine, l-carnitine and niacin are effective in the treatment and prevention of erectile dysfunction.

As you can see, this product contains ingredients that many of us are familiar with because they can be found in other products like pre-workouts or fat burners. In terms of the dosages, I am happy with the Yohimbine amount because too much of that ingredient can ruin the entire product. Many people try to avoid Yohimbine at all costs because of the negative side effects associated with taking just a little more than your body can handle. As for the L-Arginine and L-Carnitine doses, those seem low when compared to the amounts we typically see used in pre-workouts or fat burners. Knowing this is a different type of product and being in a category that I have not used before, I will give the company the benefit of the doubt for the dosages that they choose. Lastly, we have Niacin (or B3) which is quite common in supplements and this product includes 100% of your daily value. For anyone low in this vitamin, this product will provide an added insurance policy to your regular food intake.

Taste >> Product is in capsule form, nothing to taste.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to report here. Open the tub and pop a capsule.

Dosing >> Not much information is provided by the brand for dosing other than take one capsule daily. No recommendation on time of day or specifically before training or when sexual activity is expected. Since there are no stimulants in this product, you could take it any time of day. Just be cautious of the Yohimbine and how your body reacts to that ingredient.

Since this product did not give any specific times to consume the daily dose, I decided to start taking my one capsule in the morning when I woke up. I followed this dosing protocol for the first seven to ten days of taking this product. During that time, I felt no effects or improvement in my energy levels, stamina, libido or sexual desire. My performance also did not change when it came to my morning cardio or my weight training sessions later in the day. Not even the dose of Yohimbine was felt during this time.

For the next seven to ten days, I decided to move my dosing into the afternoon. This was after my morning cardio and when my body and mind was more awake and functioning. This change in time also moved the dosing closer to my weight training sessions, which I was hoping would have a more pronounced effect on my lifting. Sadly, this was not the case and much like the morning dosing protocol, nothing was felt or noticed compared to when I wasn't consuming this product. My energy levels, stamina, libido and sexual desire were unchanged and still low.

I then decided to up the dosage and consume two capsules per day. One in the morning upon waking and another in the afternoon. While the product recommends only one capsule daily, I didn't want to just keep consuming the product and seeing no effects when there were other options to try. Since the label is fully disclosed, I felt confident in being able to increase my dosage and not experience any side effects. While that was true, I also did not experience any benefits from doubling the dosage of this product. No added performance boost in the gym or the bedroom. Libido and stamina stayed the same throughout the entire tub. No change in blood flow noticed or felt during training or when doing other activities *wink wink*. Everything in my body felt the same throughout all the experimentation with this product while I had it.

At this time, it looks like you can purchase this product either directly from the brand's website or from Amazon for $32 per 45 capsule tub. Going through Amazon does include free shipping as does the brand's website for standard delivery time. You can upgrade to expedited or priority shipping for either an additional $5.00 or $10.00.

Side Effects

None to report. Does contain Yohimbine, so be cautious if that ingredient causes side effects for you personally.

Conclusion

In the end, this product was just a pretty looking capsule inside a white tub with other similar looking pretty capsules. The ingredient profile was fully disclosed, which is always a plus for me. I did not experience any side effects, even with doubling the recommended dosage. Other than that, there is nothing positive I can report from using this product. As I mentioned in the ingredient profile section, the doses of the Arginine and Carnitine seemed low but I wanted to give the company the benefit of the doubt for a product in this category. After using an entire tub, I am left wondering if higher doses of those ingredients would have provided some effectiveness to this product for my body. Unless this gets reformulated, I will never know because I would not purchase it with my own money. Thank you again to Alcyon Health for being a part of SR.com.

Overall
Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
  May 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Widely Available
  • Pill Form
  • Value Per Serving
  • Spotty Effectiveness
  • Artificial Colors

From the brand: "Olympus Labs Amnes1a - Multifaceted Sleep Aid & Improved Mood! Increase Quality Of Sleep & Decreases Levels Of Stress! Sleep Like A Demigod Or Demigoddess!"
Claims made by the brand for this product include:

-Sleep like a Demigod or Demigoddess
-No Withdrawals Or Unwanted Side Effects
-All Natural Approach In Sleep Optimization With Key Synergistic Ingredients
-Fueled by KannaEase

First off, thank you to Olympus Labs for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I decided to give this product a try because my main battle with recovery and progress in my training is sleep. I have issues most nights with falling asleep and staying asleep throughout the entire night. As many gym-goers and athletes know, if your body is not able to rest and repair, then you probably will not be able to make progress in your training. And who wants to be stuck in a rut? After trying some other sleep supplements with sporadic results, I decided to see what Olympus Labs has to offer. This is my first product that I have tried from this brand, so let's see how it went.

Information provided by the brand:

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Sake Yeast) - 500 mg - Research has indicated that this type of yeast contains a high number of adenosine analogues. Adenosine does a number of things in the body, but one of its primary functions is to maintain balance between the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adenosine supports a good night's sleep and stimulates levels of GH. The stimulation of this powerful hormone is one of the things that sets Amnes1a apart and makes it a potent anabolic formula as well as an effective sleep aid.

Dioscorea Pseudojaponic (Dioscin) - 300 mg - Dioscin originates in Wild Yam and Sarsaparilla (also known as Smilax) and is a natural steroid that stimulates GH release, which, as indicated above, takes this formula from being a sleep aid and makes it a serious muscle builder.

Valeriana Officinalis (Valerian Root) - 450 mg - This herb has a long history of use as a relief to anxiety and as a natural sleep aid. Valerian contains three active ingredients: Valerenic Acid, Valenol, and Valepotriate, with Valerenic Acid being the most important in this case because it attaches to GABA receptors, which help your mind and body relax so you can fall asleep faster and sleep through the night.

Passionflower Extract - 300 mg - This is another herb that can increase levels of GABA, which promotes feelings of relaxation. Passionflower is a standard ingredient in many natural sleep aids as well as having an extended use in traditional medicines as a remedy for various sleep disorders.

Melissa Officinalis (min 5% rosmarinic acid) - 300 mg - This is more commonly known as lemon balm and has a long use in traditional medicinals as a remedy for sleep disorders. It's a regular ingredient in many herbal sleep formulas because it can reduce stress and promote relaxation and it's included here due to its proven effectiveness.

L-Theanine - 100 mg - This amino acid shows up most often in high stim pre-workouts because it smooths out the effects of the sometimes extreme caffeine/stimulant blends. Why is it here? It can help the mind relax so you can the sleep you need.

Kanna Ease Sceletium Tortuosum - 25 mg - A mind that's racing with thoughts is not the way to get to sleep. Kanna Ease is an herbal extract that acts as a stress reducer and as a remedy that will calm the mind. Initial studies on this ingredient have shown that it has additional cognitive benefits and promotes a positive sense of well-being, but its function here is to work synergistically with Theanine as a mental relaxant.

Melatonin - 3 mg - This is a well-known sleep aid that, in its natural state as a hormone in the body, has a primary role in the regulation of the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adding this into the Amnes1a formula means it will help you achieve the correct amount of sleep for you as well as help you fall asleep easier.

Magnesium - 133 mg - This essential mineral is needed in order for your body to function normally. People that are magnesium deficient will experience restless sleep and wake up frequently throughout the night. Normal levels of magnesium help you achieve deep, restful sleep without constantly waking up because it supports normal levels of GABA, the neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation and sleep. Additionally, magnesium helps control stress and can help reduce levels of the catabolic hormone cortisol - good news for any bodybuilder or athlete!

As you can see, the ingredient profile for this product is fully disclosed, which is always nice and somewhat expected in the supplement industry today. Most of the ingredients in this product are completely new to me and we have a few common ones as well, like L-Theanine, Melatonin and Magnesium. The originality of the ingredients is initially what attracted me to this product; since the others I have used have not produced the desired results.

Taste >> Product comes in capsule form, nothing to taste.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Pop the pills and get ready for bed.

Dosing >> As suggested on the bottle, take 4 capsules one to two hours before bed. Do not exceed 4 capsules in a 24 hour period. Warning: Not intended for use by persons under age 18. Do not exceed recommended dose. Get the consent of a licensed physician before using this product, especially if you are taking medication, have a medical condition, you are pregnant, nursing or thinking about becoming pregnant. DISCONTINUE USE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY. KEEP THIS PRODUCT AND ALL SUPPLEMENTS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

In my battle to relax and get a good night's sleep, I have tried many different methods and supplements and am willing to give almost anything a try. Past experiences with supplements have left a lot to be desired and I am hoping this one is the "magic pill" I have been looking for. Please note that I tried taking this supplement on an empty stomach and with food. The effects listed below were the same for both instances. Most sleep supplements that I have tried say to take the product on an empty stomach for the best effectiveness. This one did not make any statement about taking on an empty stomach in the dosing instructions, so I tried both options to see if one was more effective than the other.

Sadly, after running through an entire bottle of this, I did not find the consistent sleep and relaxation effects as promised. I basically look for two main points with any sleep aid I try. The first is the product's ability to knock me out relatively shortly after consuming it. The second is for the product to keep me asleep through the entire night without restlessness. I am willing to deal with some morning grogginess or fog if the product is effective in those two other areas. That is mainly because my work shift does not start until the afternoon, so I have some time to push through a slow morning if the product causes that.

Unfortunately, this product did not deliver consistently on either of the two main points I look for. In terms of the knock-out ability of this product, there was none. The dosing instructions say to take one to two hours before bed. On many occasions I would still be wide awake three hours later. Unless I was already quite tired from the day, this supplement did not provide a relaxation or drowsy effect for a large percentage of the doses.

In regard to the second effect of being able to keep me asleep through the night without restlessness, this product was slightly more effective in comparison to being able to knock me out. Some nights I would toss and turn a little less compared to previous nights before taking this supplement. Most of the other nights were no different from before; awake multiple times and not be able to get back into a deep sleep. Towards the end of the bottle, I increased the dosage from four capsules to five to see if any of the benefits would be better. Unfortunately for those couple of nights, nothing changed in terms of effectiveness with the increased dosage.

Overall, the results of using this product were inconsistent and mostly disappointing. I wouldn't say it was never effective but there was always doubts when taking it at night whether it was going to help or not. That is the reason I rated the effectiveness a five. A four states it didn't do anything while a six means it seemed like it was working but not much of a boost. It didn't do anything on some nights and worked a little on others, hence the reasoning for my five rating.

It looks like the common price across the internet for a bottle of this is $34.99. Take your pick of retailers from Amazon, A1 Supplements, I'll Pump You Up, Suppz.com plus others. Each bottle includes 120 capsules, which is 30 servings if you consume the four capsules at a time as suggested. If you purchase this from Amazon, it currently has free shipping included while the other supplement sites will charge you for shipping if you do not meet a certain dollar amount threshold.

Side Effects

Outside of spotty effectiveness, nothing negative experienced during the bottle.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I had high hopes for this product because it was something new to the sleep supplement market that I have not tried before. Sadly, Amnes1a did not provide consistent results for me during the product run. The cost, availability and ease of use is all there for this product but the most important factor of effectiveness did not deliver in my situation. The information provided about the different ingredients in this product was exciting and I wish they worked as intended. I did not have any negative side effects while using this product and maybe your effectiveness will be better but this supplement is a pass for me. Once again, thank you to Olympus Labs for being a part of the SR.com TROOPer program and sending me out a bottle of Amnes1a to try.

Overall
Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
  May 26, 2018

• Regularity
  • Stool Softening
  • Gentle
  • Feeling Of Wellbeing

Was the Gentle Cleanse not enough for you? If so, should you step up to the Gentle Detox leagues? This review is going to be very similar to my review of the Gentle Cleanse product from the same company. (https://supplementreviews.com/herbal-nitro/gentle-cleanse/review/knock-55910#toprev) That is because I had the same results during this product run as I did with the previous.

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro...

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I picked up this bottle to run and compare to my experience with My Gentle Cleanse from the same brand. I had no cons to list while running the cleanse version and I know the detox version is supposed to be a little more aggressive.

Same as the Gentle Cleanse product, all the ingredients are hidden behind a prop blend. Again, this is not that big of a deal for me with a product like this. I do not believe there has been scientific studies done on these ingredients to prove what an efficacious dose is, as it likely depends on the individual and how their body reacts. Each capsule does contain six ingredients for a total of 493mg per capsule. They are:

CASCARA SAGRADA -- Also used in the form of Casanthranol USP as a purified mixture of anthranol glycosides, Cascara is a botanical laxative of natural origin. When taken in small quantity, its laxative effect on the large bowel has been shown to lead to favorable changes in absorption, secretion, and motility. The bark, or historically called "sacred bark," helps increase the peristaltic action of the colon, and can help relieve and regulate the bowels.

SENNA LEAF -- Senna is an herbal laxative and a vital aid in gastrointestinal motility. When compared to Cascara Sagrada, its role in colon motility is more focused on the peristaltic action, or push, with a reduced absorption of water and electrolytes. Senna's powerful sennosides (anthraquinone glycosides) are highly and globally sought for their help in natural alleviation of constipation.

DANDELION -- Dandelion, today and for ages, has been used for minor digestive problems and diuresis. With dandelion's naturally high phenolic content, it should not be passed over because of its botanical antioxidant activity. The flower has also been shown to favorably affect different processes in the adipocyte life cycle-by attenuating adipose tissue growth and promoting lipolysis, it can play a beneficial role in oxidative stress.

ARTICHOKE -- Artichoke is a species of thistle that is often used for food, especially in Mediterranean diets. It has also long been implemented in herbal medicines, particularly for its antioxidant benefits and its choleretic and diuretic activities. In some studies artichoke leaf extracts have also demonstrated "antioxidative and protective properties against hydroperoxide-induced oxidative stress.

MILK THISTLE SEED -- Milk Thistle, otherwise known as silymarin, is a popular herbal supplement with liver-targeting activities. Silymarin extracts have been shown to inhibit several P450s in vitro, enzymes that catalyze the oxidative metabolism in the human liver, which significantly help cellular metabolism and can lead to the altering of immune and inflammatory responses.

SARSAPARILLA ROOT -- Sarsaparilla root is widely used for its capability in detoxicating, clearing heat and relieving dampness. It has been used as an herbal treatment to scurvy, rheumatism, psoriasis, and more; while one of its most prominent benefits is its rich phenolic content (which can act as an antioxidant) and concomitant anti-inflammatory activities.

Taste >> Nothing to report here. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Move along

Dosing >> The recommendation is one pill a day with a full glass of water. The time of day you take it will vary based on the individual and their daily activities. Based on my experience with the Gentle Cleanse product, I took each serving at night before I went to bed.

As I mentioned in the Gentle Cleanse review, normally I would have one bowel movement in the morning shortly after waking up but on some rare occasions that wouldn't happen for the morning and would be pushed off until the afternoon or evening. I would say that my body was pretty consistent but could always use some improvement at times.

Now on to my experience while using this product. After how my body reacted to taking the Gentle Cleanse product, I knew that I was going to take each pill at night before bed and not experiment with taking it in the morning as I did before. Since I typically eat most of my food in the evening, I would take my one capsule after my last meal right before bed. Using this dosing protocol did not cause any issues with sleeping or waking me up in the middle of the night to go. By taking this at night after eating all my food, it felt like the ingredients had all night to work through my body and produce the intended results. Just like the product before this, that is exactly how everything worked out. I would wake up around 9AM the next morning and everything would be ready to move on a consistent basis. There was never an urgent "Get out of my way!" occurrence during use of the entire bottle but I could definitely tell things were moving. There was no issue even if I happened to sleep a little later on my days off from work.

Just like with the Gentle Cleanse, along with my morning bowel movement I would consistently have a second about three hours later just before leaving for work. Nothing else was different the rest of the day, so I can say this product was effective at making my bowel movements more consistent and increasing them by one per day, just as the Gentle Cleanse product did. No pain, discomfort or issues to report from using this product. Again, there were a few times that my stool was softer than normal, but I am not sure if that was because of this product or the food I ate the night before. Since this was not a consistent effect, I will just briefly mention it in this section.

It looks like the only place that you can currently purchase this product is directly from the Herbal Nitro website. The list price is $15.99 and free shipping if you order over $75 worth of product. Otherwise shipping looks to be between $4 and $6, depending on how quickly you want to receive it. I find this to be a great value when you factor in each bottle contains 30 capsules and you may not have to use it every day. Between $0.50 and $0.75 per serving for a product that will get things moving and provide effective relief is top notch in my book. You can also purchase this product along with the Gentle Cleanse as a bundle package for $22.50 on the website, compared to $32 if you purchased them separately.

The company also provides a 30 day "stress-free guarantee", so if you are not happy with the product just contact them and they will work something out with you. I would also do a quick search of the online coupon sites before purchasing. When I was researching the cost for this review, I noticed there were some coupons posted for their website that could save you more money. Plus if you happen to use the Ebates program, purchasing from this site will currently get you 15% cash back.

Side Effects

None to report. I took this at night before bed and it did not cause any issues with sleep. Some of the other reviews have mentioned stomach noise and gas but I did not experience those or at least they weren't severe enough to wake me up at night. And no mid night or early morning bathrooms trips needed.

Conclusion

In the end, this product worked as intended with no side effects and would be a great investment for those who would like to be more regular on a consistent basis. I feel thankful to have not had any of the side effects that the other reviewers mentioned during their use. Not sure if that will be the case for anyone else who tries this product but it was a winner all around for me. If you are someone who is regular on a consistent basis with only occasional problems, I would recommend trying the Gentle Cleanse product from this company first. If that does not work, this Gentle Detox product would be the next step. There seems to be a higher possibility of side effects with this product based on other reviews, but thankfully I did not experience any of those. Since each bottle is 30 servings, occasional use could have the bottle last three months or more for under $20. As this product is the same cost as the Gentle Cleanse, produced the same results and still had no side effects for me; my rating is going to be same.

Overall
    Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
      April 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gentle
    • Effective
    • Cheap
    • Feeling Of Wellbeing
    • Stool Softening

Ever feel like things just haven't been moving along lately? Feeling a little backed-up or that you are carrying around something extra that you'd rather not? If so, Herbal Nitro and My Gentle Cleanse may have you covered.

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I picked up this bottle because there are times when I feel the internal plumbing is not working as efficiently as I would like it to. After reading the other positive reviews here on the site, I decided this product was something I needed to try. Let's see how it went.

While all the ingredients for this product are hidden behind a prop blend, it is actually not that big of a deal for me with a product like this. I do not believe there has been scientific studies done on these ingredients to prove what an efficacious dose is, as it likely depends on the individual and how their body reacts. Each capsule does contain five ingredients for a total of 487mg per capsule. They are:

CASCARA SAGRADA -- Historically known as "sacred bark," this plant has a natural laxative effect, and helps relieve and regulate the bowels.

SENNA -- An herbal laxative that helps the peristaltic action (the push) of your colon-mostly in the small intestine.

FENNEL -- A widely used herbal plant that's useful in more than just cooking. Fennel seed is great for its essential fatty acids and its digestive, antioxidant abilities.

DANDELION -- This pretty plant has a high phenolic content (it's an antioxidant), and helps with minor digestive problems.

ALOE VERA -- This plant has been considered a global panacea and used as a healing product for ages. Among its other uses, Aloe can be a soothing aid in bowel discomfort.

Taste >> Nothing to report here. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Move along

Dosing >> The recommendation is one pill a day with a full glass of water. The time of day you take it will vary based on the individual and their daily activities. I personally took most of the servings from the bottle each night before I went to bed.

Before I get into the effects of taking this product, I will briefly detail what a typical day would be like. Normally I would have one bowel movement in the morning shortly after waking up but on some rare occasions that wouldn't happen for the morning and would be pushed off until the afternoon or evening. I would say that my body was pretty consistent but could always use some improvement at times.

Now on to my experience while using this product. The first few servings I took of this product was in the morning shortly after waking up. For those times, I would always have my morning bowel movement then another later in the afternoon. Since I work swing shift, that afternoon trip to the bathroom happened when I was at work. While that is normally not an issue; work tasks and staff coverage could sometimes pose an issue if I really needed to leave and use the restroom. With that in mind, I decided to switch my intake to the evening before I went to sleep.

Since I typically eat most of my food in the evening, I would take my one capsule after my last meal right before bed. Using this dosing protocol did not cause any issues with sleeping or waking me up in the middle of the night to go. By taking this at night after eating all my food, it felt like the ingredients had all night to work through my body and produce the intended results. Thankfully, that is exactly how everything worked out for me. I would wake up around 9AM the next morning and everything would be ready to move on a consistent basis. There was never an urgent "Get out of my way!" occurrence during use of the entire bottle but I could definitely tell things were moving. There was no issue even if I happened to sleep a little later on my days off from work.

Along with always having my morning bowel movement, I would consistently have a second about three hours later just before leaving for work. This would rarely happen before I started taking this product, so I could tell this was a result of taking My Gentle Cleanse. Nothing else was different the rest of the day, so I can say this product was effective at making my bowel movements more consistent and increasing them by one per day. No pain, discomfort or issues to report from using this product. There were a few times that my stool was softer than normal, but I am not sure if that was because of this product or the food I ate the night before. Since this was not a consistent effect, I will just briefly mention it in this section.

Side Effects

None to report. I took this mainly at night before bed and it did not cause any issues with sleep. Some of the other reviews have mentioned stomach noise and gas but I did not experience those or at least they weren't severe enough to wake me up at night.

Conclusion

In the end, this product worked as intended with no side effects and would be a great investment for those who would like to be more regular on a consistent basis. I feel thankful to have not had any of the side effects that the other reviewers mentioned during their use. Not sure if that will be the case for anyone else who tries this product but it was a winner all around for me. If you are someone who is regular on a consistent basis with only occasional problems, this product would be worth having around for those times. Since each bottle is 30 servings, occasional use could have the bottle last six months or more for under $20.

Overall
      Overall
      6.6
        April 23, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Flavor Selection
      • Lots Of Fillers
      • Low Protein Percentage
      • No Digestive Enzymes

BSN Syntha-6 protein powder. Surely many people who have lifted weights sometime in their life has either heard of, seen the red tubs or consumed this protein. Now there is an "Edge" version. Do you like living on the "Edge"?

Not much to say here for this product. Many of us who have been using supplements for years know the BSN name, probably either for their NO Xplode pre-workout or because of Syntha-6 protein powder. This review is going to be for the "Edge" version, which basically means the macro profile is a little bit leaner and cleaner than the standard Syntha-6 protien.

The macros will vary slightly depending on which flavor you choose and mine is going to be based on the Chocolate Milkshake flavor that I purchased. There are a total of seven flavors available for this protein in the approximate two pound tub.

Serving Size 1 Scoop (38g)
      Servings Per Container: 28

Protein 24 g

Calcium 15%
      Iron 10%

Ingredients:
      Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Concentrate), Sunflower Powder (Sunflower Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Mono- & Di-Glycerides, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Tocopherols), Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural & Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Salt, Potassium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose.

As you can see from the label, this powder is about 63% protein by weight per scoop. This is compared to the regular Syntha-6 version of this flavor which is only ~47 % protein by weight per scoop. Calories are less in this version at 150 per scoop compared to 200 for the original. Fat is only 3.5g compared to 6g. Carbs come in at 6g per scoop for the Edge compared to 15g for the original. Out of those carbs, 1g is fiber and 2g is sugar. This compared to the original which has 5g of fiber and the same 2g of sugar. The Edge version gets you 24g of protein per scoop compared to only 22g in the original.

Moving into the ingredients section, the protein portion is comprised of a blend of you guessed it, six types of protein. The first three are all whey based with WPC, WPI and Hydrolyzed Whey Protein. There is no mention on the label or BSN's website of how the whey protein is processed. Since this product is not trying to be the cleanest protein on the market, it is safe to say that Ion-exchange was likely not used, in my honest opinion. These whey proteins are used for the fast-acting amino acid infusion into the body to start muscle repair after a workout. All the different versions of whey included in this product have slightly different digestion rates and bioavailability values. After the three types of whey protein, we have calcium caseinate, micellar casein and milk protein concentrate. These proteins combined are the slower digesting forms of this product, meant to keep a steady flow of amino acids running through your system for multiple hours. Some people swear by protein blends for increased muscle protein synthesis while others swear by having whey and casein proteins at separate times of the day.

After the protein matrix, the rest of the ingredients are the thickeners, flavoring agents and sweeteners that make this product live up to BSN's taste claims. These ingredients make up the other 37% of the scoop and are not the most natural of ingredients if that is a characteristic you are looking for in a protein powder. Please note that are also no digestive enzymes included in this product.

Taste >> This is where BSN makes its name when it comes to proteins. Their claim is "ultra-premium protein matrix with amazing milkshake-like taste and texture." Personally, I believe that is achieved with the large amount of thickeners, flavoring agents and sweeteners that I mentioned in the ingredient section. Since this is not the cleanest or most macro friendly protein powder on the market, I would expect to be blown away by the flavor. The chocolate milkshake flavor mostly lived up to the claims. Strong chocolate flavor and thick consistency when following the recommended liquid amount of 4-5 ounces per scoop. If the water or milk is ice cold, you definitely get the milkshake feeling while drinking. Sadly, that feeling does not last long because the shake is only 4-5 ounces. You can add more liquid as I did a few times but it dilutes the flavor and just makes a thinner shake as expected. If you increase the water but want the same taste and consistency, you will need to add more powder.

Mixability >> Throughout the use of my tub, I tried mixing this powder two ways. The first was using the 4-5 ounces of water in a shaker bottle without the blender ball. This route gave a final product that was about 90% mixed in my opinion. There would still be some clumps throughout the liquid and some leftovers on the sides of the shaker bottle. When I did the same but added in the blender ball, the shake ended up much better with everything mixed and nothing left on the sides of the cup. If you don't have a blender ball or some other type of mixer in your shaker cup, the shake is still drinkable but you might have to chew a few small clumps and/or you might feel them in your throat.

Dosing >> As with most protein powders, the dosing is left up to the individual and how additional protein will fit their lifestyle. Most people who have been lifting weights for many years go the route of having a protein shake after training. Since this product has a low recommendation for liquid amount, it is easy to down a scoop quickly. BSN also mentions that this can be used anytime day or night because of the different types of protein included.

As with dosing, the effectiveness of a protein product can only be determined by the individual using it. If the food you typically eat does not contain a lot of protein, this product will be effective at increasing your intake. Or if you are a person who has trouble consuming enough whole food to meet your goals, this product will be effective at allowing you to quickly consume some protein and calories without using up too much volume in your stomach. For those hard gainers, this product does contain some extra carbs and fat compared to some others on the market without going overboard. If you really have a hard time meeting your caloric goals, I would recommend going with the original Syntha-6 version instead of this one. This product was also effective for me at satisfying my sweet tooth that would sometimes kick in towards the end of the evening. I could mix up a scoop or two in some cold liquid and trick myself into thinking I was drinking a milkshake.

In terms of value, this protein comes in some odd sizes compared to what the market is used to. Normally protein powders are sold in two pound and five pound tubs or somewhat close to those weights. This protein however is sold in either 2.25 or 3.86 pound tubs. The smaller size tub gets you 28 servings while the larger tub gets you 48 servings.

A lot of stores and websites carry this product, so there may be a better deal out there or a big sale might pop up compared to what I am currently finding. The 28 serving tub looks to be going for between $25 and $30 on most websites and varies depending on the flavor, equaling out to about one dollar per serving. The 48 serving tub pricing will again vary depending on site and flavor selection. Currently I can find prices ranging from $38 up to the mid $40 range on average. Buying the larger tub will obviously drop your per serving cost to below one dollar each compared to buying the smaller tub. With so many stores and flavor options, the chances of finding a great deal are much higher if you take some time to look around and/or possible find someone who has an inventory that is approaching expiration.

Side Effects

Personally, I did not experience any side effects with this protein supplement. I can drink pure WPC products without issue, so I had no fear in picking this one up. As a bit of caution to others, since the first protein listed in the ingredients is a concentrate, I would recommend anyone sensitive to lactose to try and get a sample of this protein before buying an entire tub, especially because it does not contain any digestive enzymes.

Conclusion

To wrap things up, this protein is a great option for those who are more concerned with flavor than having the cleanest, most macro friendly protein powder available. With only ~63% protein per scoop, you are paying for a lot of non-active fillers but damn they taste good! If you have been using the regular Sythna-6 protein but are tired of taking in 15g of carbs per scoop and only 22g of protein, here is a great option to stay with the same brand and flavoring system but save some calories, macros and up your protein intake. Lastly, for those who may be new to consuming a protein powder and really value taste over everything else, this product has the flavor options for you and will likely deliver on the promise of "milkshake-like taste and texture". I can only speak to one flavor but I am confident a large company like BSN would have comparable quality across all flavor options of the same product.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.[\b]

Overall
      Thanks to Wildflower for sending it out!
        April 22, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Joint And Muscle Relief
      • Strong Cooling
      • Calming Sensation
      • Easy Application
      • Strong Smell
      • Application Residue
      • Possible Sticker Shock

CBD products are all the rage right now. Should this one be included in the discussion?

First, thank you to Wildflower for participating here with the TROOP program to allow me to try and review this CBD+ Cool Stick. Having lived in the state of California where marijuana and CBD has been legal medically for many years and recreationally within the past year, I was somewhat already aware of CBD products, their intended uses and effects. The Cool Stick was my first experience with any CBD product personally, although members of my family have been using CBD products for quite a while. I decided to review this item because of nagging aches and pains from increased activity from my job and the gym while trying to lose weight. Let's see how this goes shall we?

The main active ingredient in this product is the 300mg of CBD (Cannabis plant extract). For those unaware, products containing CBD are not measured in servings or ounces but by how many milligrams of CBD the entire product contains. I am not sure if there is a way to test that a product actually contains the specified amount of CBD. The trust is left up to each individual and the reputation of the company that produces it. Luckily for us, Wildflower says that "All Wildflower CBD products have been rigorously third party laboratory tested for content and safety, so you can be sure you're getting only the very best products made to the highest ethical and safety standards. Certified lab tests are available upon request. Wildflower goes above and beyond so that you can be content in the knowledge that we never compromise on safety or quality. Our plants and topical ingredients are all certified organic, non-GMO, and have never come into contact with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides."

The other ingredients include coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya, vitamin E, Arnica, CBD oil, peppermint essential oil and menthol crystals. These are what allows the product to become its stick form and also gives the stick its smell and cooling sensation that I will discuss later. The amount of these ingredients is not listed on the container and since they are not really the active ingredients, I am ok with that.

Per Wildflower's information, CBD is known to be a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant agent. We use only the premium parts of the cannabis plant and a superior C02 extraction method to bring you the purest flavor and terpene profile possible.

There is nothing to report for taste and mixability on this product. Dosing/application is left up to the user. You apply the stick to whichever parts of your body that is currently in pain and allow it to take effect. I do not believe you can over-dose this product but there are probably only certain parts of your body that you will want to apply this product to. One swipe of the stick provides a nice layer of product on your skin, whether there is hair in that location or not. I personally used it on parts of my body that do and do not have hair, and there was no issue with either.

For the effectiveness section, let me first start out by saying I did not know what to expect since this is the first CBD product that I have used. I initially decided to start using the product on my right lower leg. Last year I got an infection that started in that area that ended up putting me in the hospital for a few days for IV treatment. Since that time, that part of my leg has felt a little different than before and seems to feel more strain quicker than my left leg. This difference is especially felt during activity such as walking on a treadmill or just everyday walking for a long period of time. My first application was after a LISS cardio session. That part of the leg was hurting as it normally does and I applied the Cool Stick from below the calf to the ankle on all sides. I noticed an immediate cooling sensation and about five to seven minutes later the pain started to dissipate. Shortly after that, I decided to sit down and that caused the rest of the pain to disappear. The pain free feeling stayed with me for the rest of the day; even with the additional walking as part of my normal day. I also tried applying the stick to my leg before cardio sessions and it stopped the pain from ever occurring. My ideal application was before cardio but sometimes I would forget and use it after. Luckily the effects did not take too long to start relieving the pain. I continued to use the stick on this part of my body for the remainder of the trial.

The second way I used the Cool Stick was on my lower back after weight lifting. Typically, my back day in the gym is my most difficult and I am usually feeling the DOMS the next morning. What I did with the CBD Cool Stick is apply it to my lower back before going to bed. Each time I did this, I was able to wake up the next morning with far less muscle soreness in my lower back. It did not remove all the DOMS but probably a good 90% or so. This made those mornings much more productive and allowed me to recover faster for my next workout. My lower back was the only other part of the body I used the Cool Stick on because I typically do not have DOMS after any other workout.

As a side note and secondary effectiveness of this product for me, the aroma from the menthol and peppermint oil put me in a calm and relaxed mood. Some other reviews have mentioned the aroma being overpowering but I enjoyed it and it added a second level of effectiveness for me. Think of Vicks Vapor Rub when you have chest congestion. The aroma gave me the same feeling even though I was not congested and it was relaxing in my case, even during LISS cardio.

This is the section where most of the previous reviews have had an issue and presumably took some points off the rating. Coming from a state that has had marijuana and CBD products around for quite a while, the price tag is a little bit less of a concern to me. Going to a dispensary in my area and purchasing just a few CBD products will likely set you back at least $150 or more by the time all the taxes get added on. The standard retail price for this product at most website is $60 but after some Google searching, I was able to find a site (https://alchemistcbd.com/products/wildflower-cbd-cool-stick) listing this product for $48 (a 20% discount from the price we typically see). In the end, is it more expensive than multiple tubes of Bengay or Tiger Balm, yes but this is a more natural option and personally more effective in my experience.

Side Effects

Possible side effects include the strong smell of menthol and peppermint being with you for some time after application. Personally, I did not mind this but it may be a turn off to some. Second is the residue that transfers from the application site to anything else that it touches (ie: clothing or furniture). Be cautious of any clothing you put on after applying this product as it will stick and possibly stain.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I had a great experience with this product and would recommend it to anyone who wants a more natural pain reliever and/or other traditional products on the market have not worked for them. Alternative medicine like this product and the sticker shock may cause some people to move past this option but I would advise them to reconsider and think about how much being pain free is worth to them.

Overall
      (SR paid for product; OxyXtreme did not participate)
        April 19, 2018

• Prop Blend
      • Under-dosed Ingredients
      • Too Sweet

With all the product options available in the Weight Loss > Thermogenics category for the TROOPer program, I decided to take a chance on this one because it was from a company that I have not tried before. I am always open to giving a brand a try and here was my opportunity for OxyXtreme. Was it a good decision? Let's see...

First off, thank you to Clipper83 and SR.com for purchasing and sending me this tub of OxyXtreme as the company is not participating here on the site. In regards to this product, I picked it up mainly as a morning pre cardio supplement to help increase thermogenesis and give me a boost to make it through the cardio session and tackle the rest of the day. After doing some research, it looks like this product was first created in pill form as a fat burner/mood stimulant and now it is a powder and labeled as a pre-workout as well. Let's see how this trial went.

First off, all the active ingredients for this product are wrapped up in a prop blend as seen here >> 3,300mg: Beta-Alanine, l-arginine, agmatine sulfate, panthergy, n-methylpentyl-iminoglutaric acid, caffeine, caffeine citrate, cocoabuterol, cocoa seed extract, guarana seed extract, rauwolfia root extract, hordenine HCI, huperzia serrata club moss extract. Other Ingredients include Natural and artificial flavor, maltodextrin, citric acid, calcium silicate, l-tartaric acid, sucralose, silica, red #40.

With all the actives in a blend, we have no idea the doses on anything; not even the total amount of caffeine per scoop. Most companies at least disclose the amount of caffeine if everything is in a blend.

In regard to the active ingredients and how this product claims they work:

N-Methylpentyl-iminoglutaric Acid: Increases mood, focus and mental energy. Increases your overall sense of well-being.

Agmatine sulphate: More pumps and vascularity at the gym. A harder and leaner body.

Alpha yohimbe -Rauwolscine: Helps burn fat. For men, the stomach area. For women, the hips and butt.

Cocaobuterol: Helps with fat loss and increases in lean muscle mass.

Hordenine hcl: Helps the body release more adrenaline and noradrenaline. More fat burning and more energy are the result!

Huperzia serrata Club Moss Extract: Helps to improve mental alertness, focus and concentration. Perfect for in and out of the gym!

Beta-alanine: Increases muscular endurance. Increase the amount of reps and overall exercises per session!

L-Arginine: Increase nitric oxide in the body.

Caffeine: Powerful stimulant to increase alertness and make you feel more 'awake'

Cocoa seed extract: Helps support increases in weight loss.

Guarana: Helps improve weight loss, athletic performance and reduces overall fatigue.

With each scoop only being 3300mg, many of these ingredients have to be severely under-dosed in my opinion. The blend is lead off with Beta-Alanine, which we most commonly see dosed between 1600mg and 3200mg. We also have Agmatine for pumps and that is usually dosed around 1000mg or more. Another common ingredient in the blend is L-Arginine, which for nitric oxide production is pretty useless in my opinion unless you are dosing it at 5000mg or more.

Taste >> I received the cotton candy flavor of this product and boy is it STRONG! The tub does not say anything about how much water to use per scoop, so the first time I tried it I used eight ounces. That was a punch in the mouth in terms of flavor and sweetness. The flavor reminds me of the original pink Bubblicious bubble gum that I used to chew as a kid, not really cotton candy as I expected. I have had some cotton candy flavored supplements that really hit the mark with flavor but this one did not. After a few more rounds, my ideal taste was found by using a full shaker (`24 ounces) of water per scoop. Not necessarily ideal when trying to get a scoop down in the morning before cardio but a little planning made it work.

Mixability >> Since this product has a relatively small scoop, mixability is not an issue, especially with the amount of water that I ended up using. Even when I was using a smaller amount of water, everything mixed just fine.

Dosing >> Per the tub, "Take one scoop 30min before workout on an empty stomach. If looking for an anytime energy boost, take 1/2 scoop." I always dosed at a full scoop before my cardio session and sometimes a half scoop as a mid-day energy boost.

A little background about my current lifestyle and goals right now. I am aiming to lose weight/fat at a slow and controlled pace with a goal of one to two pounds per week. I currently do LISS cardio seven days a week and follow an intermittent fasting eating protocol. I will finish eating at around midnight each day then fast until around 2000 hrs the next day. During my feeding window, I will typically focus on protein and fat with carbs depending on if I weight trained that day or plan to weight train the next day.
      These are the claims that the brand makes about this product that I found online:
      Improve Your Mood
      Increase Energy
      Burn Fat
      More Endurance
      Razor Sharp Focus
      Skin Bursting Pumps

I will try to touch on each one briefly in terms of effectiveness from my experience. First about mood improvement. When using this in the morning before my cardio, I would notice a slight mood improvement part way through my session. Not sure if that was because of the supplement or because my body was getting moving and starting to wake up for the day. When I took a half scoop in the middle of the day, the mood improvement was less noticeable and non-existent some days.

At the full scoop dose, the increase in energy was there and noticeable during my cardio. Before I started to use this product, I would start to tire out towards the end and lose my pace. With this, I could push through the end and still have energy left over afterwards for any other tasks I wanted to complete. At the half scoop mid-day dose, the energy uptick was short lived and provided no long term benefit. In regard to burning fat above and beyond what I expected from only caloric deficit and training, this product did not produce any noticeable results. No certain part of my body lost more fat than another and scale weight continued to progress as if I wasn't using this product. I did not notice an increase in body temperature that I could specifically relate to consuming this product and no increase in heart rate beyond what I normally experience while doing LISS cardio.

The increased endurance was there as well, likely as a byproduct of the increased energy from multiple ingredients included. As the energy curve started to decrease, the endurance effect went down at the same time. Since I was not lifting weights, I can not speak to any increase in muscle endurance from the Beta-Alanine. In response to the claim of "Razor Sharp Focus", razor sharp is a little of an overstatement for me. An increase in focus was there during my cardio sessions but not nearly as sharp as I have experienced from other supplements, some of which do not quantify the focus as "razor sharp". It was there and nice to have but nothing to celebrate and write home about.

Lastly, we have the skin bursting pumps claim, which in my opinion is completely false. As I detailed in the ingredients section, this product is severely under-dosed in any of the pump ingredients included in the prop blend. And it doesn't include any of the more effective ingredients like Citrulline, Glycerol or Betaine. Now I wouldn't expect to get a pump from cardio, which is why I decided to also mix in some bicep and triceps work when taking a scoop of this. I would pause my cardio part way through and do some high reps of arms to try and get a pump going. I would do this multiple times during my cardio to try and get this effect. No matter the weight and reps I used for this trial, there was no pump to report.

To wrap up the effectiveness section, I want to say everything I experienced was mostly from taking a full scoop. I would have liked to try one and a half or possibly even two scoops to see what the effects were like but since all the ingredients are in the prop blend and the caffeine amount was not known, I never went down that road. Also, even though this product does claim to be a pre-workout supplement, I never used it in that fashion. Based on the results I received from using a scoop prior to cardio, I can confidently say this product would not have been enough for a full weight lifting session for me. I am used to complete pre-workouts (see NutraBio Pre) with clinical doses of multiple ingredients. For the new user to the pre-workout market, this would be a great product to start with. Sadly you won't be able to test your tolerance with specific ingredients since we don't know the dosages of anything; but you will get some energy, focus and mood boost during your workout.

For value, it looks like the typical retail price for a 30 serving tub of this product is between $19.95 and $24.95 online. I know part way through my tub, A1 Supplements had this on a B1G1 Free deal for $24.95. At the time of this writing, that deal is no longer available but may pop up again.

Side Effects

None to report. No tingles from the Beta-Alanine. No crash from the energy ingredients. Use a lot of water if you don't like extremely sweet tasting products. Does contain artificial color.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this product was middle of the road for me. There was nothing extremely negative about it but nothing overly positive to report either. It is not a product that I would personally purchase and use for pre-cardio and especially not for a weight training session. I would not recommend this to the experienced gym goer who is used to harder hitting, more extreme products. I would recommend it to someone new to the gym and taking pre-workouts. Also for someone who needs a little extra kick and motivation to do their morning cardio but don't expect increased fat burning unless you react extremely well to this product.

Once again, thank you to Clipper83 for making this product available on the site. And to any company rep that may happen to read this review, please open up your label so the consumer can see the dosages of each ingredient or at least let us know how much active caffeine is in each scoop. And I would recommend cutting way back on the flavor and sweetness of this powder.

5.5

• Many Possible Benefits
      • Money Back Guarantee
      • Repairs Muscle
      • Claimed Benefits Not Experienced

This is a product that showed up on my Facebook news feed with a special of two tubs of protein for $2 with free shipping. This was a similar deal to what I received on this brands Fish Oil that I have also reviewed on here.

As mentioned above, I received two tubs of this product as part of a Facebook deal. Personally, I have never used a collagen protein powder until trying this one; only read about them in the news and the benefits associated. Since this deal was only going to cost me two dollars, I figured it was worth a shot and even if this product turned out to be a complete bust, I really wouldn't lose anything (barring any negative health reactions).

The ingredient profile and supplement facts is pretty simple for this product. Each scoop which weighs in at about eight grams provides you with seven grams of protein and 28 calories. The protein comes from the "Multi-Collagen Complex" which consists of hydrolized bovine collagen peptides, chicken bone broth collagen concentrate, hydrolyzed fish collagen peptides and eggshell membrane collagen. This 7.8g complex is the only source of ingredients providing the seven grams of protein per scoop. There are no other ingredients included for flavoring, sweetness, mouth feel or mixability.

Moving into the collagen protein and the claims made, the front of the tub talks about five types of collagen (I, II, III, IV, X). When searching the web for the benefits of collagen protein, I came upon this website (https://www.amymyersmd.com/2017/05/top-7-health-benefits-collagen-get/#close) which lists these benefits:

Helps Repair a Leaky Gut
      Strengthens and Repairs Hair, Skin and Nails
      It's Anti-inflammatory to Prevent Joint Pain
      Supports Weight Management
      Helps Protect Your Heart
      Supports Bone Formation, Growth and Repair
      Improves Detoxification and Liver Function

I will go more into my thoughts about these claims in the effectiveness section.

Taste >> This product only comes in an unflavored version and by itself in water, it is nasty tasting. Since there is no other ingredients included for taste or sweetness, you are drinking the pure protein contents. It did not cause me to throw up or come close but it was just an unpleasant thing to drink if you did not add anything else. It is actually recommended to use this in juice, coffee, tea or a smoothie recipe. I usually mixed it in with a scoop of whey protein and that solved the taste issue. If possible, mix this powder with a strong tasting beverage to help counteract the flavor (or lack there of). If you do not want to mix it with other beverage, my other recommendation would be to add some cinnamon to the powder and mix.

Mixability >> On its own, the protein powder would mix pretty well in a shaker cup but would produce some foam. This would dissipate if left to sit for a short while. The powder is very fine, so by itself there was no issue with sediment at the bottom or on the sides of the shaker. When mixed with a whey protein, everything would mix according to the characteristics of the whey. If the whey would mix well on its own, adding a scoop or two of the collagen product would not affect it except for the additional foam.

Dosing >> As with most protein powder supplements, the dosing is left up to the individual and how they decide to use it to achieve their desired goals. In comparison to most protein powder supplements where one scoop will get you between 20 to 30 grams of protein, each small scoop of this product only gets you seven grams of protein. With that in mind, most people will likely use multiple scoops each time, especially if this is going to be their only source of protein for the meal.

The claims made by the brand is this powerful Collagen Protein combination supports healthy and beautiful hair, skin, and nails along with providing joint support and aiding in digestion. From doing some research on the web, these seem to be the common claims across various articles that I read but none of them have been scientifically proven. Personally, I picked this product up because of the special discount I received and figured at worst this would be just another protein supplement for me to use. And that is exactly what it ended up being. As a male, I do not specifically notice or keep track of the health of my skin, nails or hair. Before taking this supplement, everything was fine and normal in my opinion. My nails were not brittle, my hair was not falling out and nothing about my skin was an issue. After going through two tubs of this protein, I can say nothing has noticeably improved or gotten worse.

In relation to the claims of providing joint support and aiding in digestion; my starting point included a little joint pain in my knees and no problems with digestion. The pain in my knees has been a constant issue for many years because of sports injuries from high school football along with other repetitive activities over time. I was hoping for some benefits from using this supplement in this category but sadly nothing changed after using the two tubs. The lingering pain is still there and I can not report any significant or even minor improvement. Since I had no digestion problems before taking this supplement, I can not speak to any effectiveness after taking it for this review. Some people report good results from collagen protein improving their digestion issues in a gentler way than traditional laxatives.

In the end, the only positive rating I can give this product for effectiveness is being an easy way to increase my protein intake without having to worry about the other macros since there is no carbs or fat in this product. Basically this supplement is like a high quality whey protein isolate with some possible additional benefits for your hair, skin, nails, joints and digestion.

At the special Facebook discount I received for this product, it has a great value since I was able to receive two pounds of protein for only two dollars. That is a one time deal and is not something I will be eligible for again. Putting that aside, the retail price currently on Amazon is just over $29 per tub with free shipping. The more tubs you buy, the bigger discount the company offers you. Buy two, save 10%. Buy three, save 15%. Buy four, save 20%. Since these only come in one pound tubs, that is the only way you are going to be able to save any money on this product. Even with the biggest discount available, you would still be spending over $23 per one pound tub. For the effectiveness that I received from using this product, that cost is too expensive for me to consider ever buying again. Maybe that price could be more feasible for someone who has some major health problems and this product provides amazing benefits, but not for me. There is a money back guarantee listed on the Amazon product page but I do not know how that process works with the brand.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects from using this supplement. It is sourced from various types of animals and contains egg, so be cautious of that if you are allergic to or trying to avoid any of those products.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I am thankful that I received this product at such a great promotional price. The various claims/benefits did not show themselves for me while using this product. After the first tub, I looked at this product as just a macro filler to help me get my protein in each day. I stopped expecting any of the other benefits claimed and just used the powder until it was gone so nothing went to waste. This was my first experience with a collagen protein and will likely be my last because I did not see or experience any significant benefits compared to a traditional whey or milk based protein powder. I did not have any negative effects from consuming this, which is why I did not rate it a "No" for the "Recommended?" section but the price will definitely keep me away from purchasing this again. As I mentioned in the value section, this product does list a money back guarantee; so if you are on the fence about trying a collagen protein, this may be the one to go with. If you don't like it, send it back to Amazon and get a refund. "Nothing to lose" as the company claims.

9.2
      Thanks to MDRN Athlete for sending it out!
        April 3, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Value If On Sale
      • Great Focus
      • Great Pumps
      • Pharmacist Formulated
      • Proper Doses
      • Expensive Without A Discount
      • Artificial Flavors
      • Artificial Sweeteners
      • Artificial Colors

First off, thank you to MDRN ATHLETE for partnering with SR.com and allowing me to try your "NEXT GENERATION PRE-WORKOUT" Once I saw the supplement facts panel, I knew this was a product that I wanted to try. Not only is this pre loaded with all the goodies many of us gym junkies have come to know and love but this also includes the new and exciting stimulant Dynamine! If you have not heard of this ingredient yet, I will explain more in the ingredient profile section but basically this is Compound Solutions newest discovery to try and mimic the effects of DMAA without any of the negatives. Compound Solutions is also the company that brought us TeaCrine (which is also included in this product).

****As a note in terms of manufacturing and quality control for this product, I did weigh out the entire tub when I received it brand new. The total amount of product that is supposed to be in the container is 324 grams. The tub I received weighed only 317 grams, which equals out to being about a half scoop short. While this difference is within acceptable tolerance; if you are a person who is paying a premium price for a premium product, you probably want to know that you are receiving the full 20 servings.

If my math is correct, this product is over 85% active ingredients and less than 15% flavors, colors, sweeteners etc. That is a great start in my book and should be for others if you happen to look at stats like this for a supplement. The first batch of ingredients for this product is a VitaBlend. Nothing too exciting here. Just solid doses of Vitamin C and a few B vitamins. The guts and glory of this pre are:

SwoleMatrix

L-Citrulline -6 grams

L-Citrulline is an amino acid that is converted to L-arginine in the kidneys. It has been shown to raise plasma levels of arginine over a longer period of time than supplementing with L-arginine itself. Clinical studies have shown l-citrulline to:
      -Improve both aerobic and anaerobic performance
      -Delay fatigue and reduces muscle soreness
      -Increase nitric oxide levels
      -Increase growth hormone by 66.8%

CarnoSyn (beta-alanine) -3.2grams

Beta-alanine is a modified version of the amino acid alanine. When beta-alanine is ingested, it turns into the molecule carnosine, which acts as an acid buffer in the body and offers protection against exercise-induced lactic acid production. (Large doses of beta-alanine may cause a tingling feeling called paresthesia. It is a harmless side effect.) Studies have shown beta-alanine to:
      -Enhance muscular endurance and workload
      -Reduce muscular fatigue
      -Buffer lactic acid

Betaine - 2 grams

Betaine (trimethylglycine) is a component of beet root and an active metabolite of choline. Betaine is gaining more and more popularity in the fitness industry as a performance enhancing supplement shown to increase endurance and strength. Similar to creatine, betaine acts as an osmoregulator, increasing intracellular hydration and protecting against muscle damage from intense training.

Agmatine - 1 gram

Agmatine is a multi-function powerhouse. It is derived from the amino acid l-arginine and is sometimes called "super-arginine". Agmatine is stored in neurons and aids in central nervous system functions as a neuromodulator and neurotransmitter. It also plays a vital role in NO synthesis, hence its popularity as a pump inducing addition to many supplements. Some of agmatine's many benefits include:
      -Increased nitric oxide production
      -Aids in mental clarity and focus as a nootropic
      -Helps promote insulin sensitivity driving nutrients into the muscles
      -Reduces short term neuropathic pain

NueroHack Complex

N-Acetly-L-Tyrosine (NALT) - 750mg

NALT is a more soluble form of l-tyrosine, an amino acid that is involved in producing catecholamines like dopamine and adrenaline. More dopamine and adrenaline can equate to better focus and more energy during your workout, enhancing mind-muscle connection and eliminating distractions in the gym.

Alpha-GPC - 300mg

Alpha-GPC is an exceptional natural nootropic providing a boost in mental function, focus and cognition. Alpha-GPC works by supplying choline which is a precursor to acetylcholine. We've included this choline source to work synergistically in our NeuroHack complex providing laser focus, mental clarity, cognition and enhanced mind-muscle connection.

Dynamine 40% - 250mg

The NEWEST ground-breaking stimulant to hit the supplement industry! Dynamine is methylliberine, a purine alkaloid found in the kucha tea leaf. Its molecular structure is similar to theacrine (aka TeaCrine) and is believed to behave in similar ways in the body. Like theacrine, methylliberine may amplify feelings of energy, mood and focus by activating dopamine receptors and other key neurotransmitters, inhibiting adenosine receptors, all without elevating heart rate or blood pressure.

TeaCrine 40% - 125mg

The KING of long-lasting crash-free energy and the perfect addition to caffeine. TeaCrine is a patent-pending compound containing pure theacrine, which can be found in natural sources such as the Camellia assamica var. kucha tealeaf, coffee and certain exotic fruits. A nature-identical compound, TeaCrine delivers energy, mental clarity, and improved motivation and mood. It does not increase heart rate or blood pressure and is not a stimulant.

L-Theanine - 100mg

L-Theanine is a relaxing but non-sedating amino acid that works synergistically with stimulants like caffeine as it can 'take the edge off' high stimulant use. A combination of l-theanine with caffeine has also shown to be synergistic in promoting cognition and attention.

Huperzine-A - 50mcg

Huperzine-A is a compound extracted from the herbs of the Huperziceae family. It is known as an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, which means that it stops an enzyme from breaking down acetylcholine which results in increases in acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is known as the learning neurotransmitter, and is involved in muscle contraction as well. Increasing levels of acetylcholine is routinely used as a technique amongst weight-lifters and scholars.

Caffeine - 300mg

No introduction needed here. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation. Enhanced energy, strength, endurance, cognition and focus are all benefits resulting from caffeine intake.

Absorption Aid

BioPerine - 5mg

What good is the best formulated pre-workout on the market if you have trouble absorbing all those nutrients. Enter BioPerine. BioPerine is a patented extract obtained from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum) standardized to a minimum 95% Piperine. It has been used as a bioavailability enhancer for over 20 years and in general, BioPerine was found to enhance absorption of nutrients by at least 30%.

As you can see, a fully transparent label with everything dosed as any gym junkie would expect and everything is there for a purpose. Plus there are multiple ingredients where the registered version is used, signifying the highest quality form available. While searching the internet on this product, the main complaint that I have seen about the ingredients is that there is no creatine included. Personally, I am ok with that as I can get my creatine in many other routes. I can understand this complaint but do not believe it takes anything away from how this product has been formulated. In a perfect world, I would like to see the Alpha-GPC dose increased a bit (mainly because I really like that ingredient) but in the real world this product looks amazing on paper.

Taste >> When deciding the claim this product, I looked on their website and seen this comes in three flavors (Tiger's Blood, Cotton Candy and Sour Gummy). All three of those sound amazing to me so I left it up to the rep to decide which flavor to send. I received the Tiger's Blood flavor, which seems to be their primary focus with this product in terms of advertising and marketing. Many of the photos and posts I see of this product have this flavor front and center. While the name Tiger's Blood really doesn't give you an idea of what flavor to expect; I knew from past experiences that this should be a tropical taste with some coconut. Honestly, the only flavor I taste with this product is coconut. I believe there is supposed to be some cherry or berry flavor as well but I do not get that. This is the same no matter how much water I chose to use. I experimented with eight ounces all the way up to 24 ounces of water per scoop. Even at 24 ounces of water, the coconut flavor was still strong and enjoyable. If you enjoy coconut flavored products, the Tiger's Blood flavor is definitely for you.

Mixability >> This product is no tiny scoop! Each serving is just over 16 grams of product and I mixed using a range of water amounts. No matter the amount of water used, this supplement mixed almost perfectly. There was very little foam and what foam was there dissipated quickly. After about ten seconds of shaking in a blender bottle (without the blender ball) I would say 95% of the product was dissolved. After shaking you could see a few granules start to settle at the bottom but extremely minimal. Well done by MDRN ATHLETE in this category for a product with a high percentage of active ingredients and few fillers/garbage.

Dosing >> Per the tub, take one scoop with 8-10 ounces of water 20-30 minutes before training. Start with 1/2 scoop or less to assess tolerance. They also warn that some individuals may experience the harmless tingling, which is nice of them.

Before I get into the effectiveness section, I am going to detail a little about the training style that I used during this product run. I typically lift weights between four and six days a week. The exact number of sessions will depend on what other commitments I have for that specific week. I follow somewhat of a bro split when it comes to lifting, separating out back, chest, legs, shoulders, arms and if I train on a sixth day, that is a freebie and I will hit whatever I feel like. If I only train four days in a week, I will combine back with biceps and shoulders with triceps, then have legs and chest. My workouts will start with a heavy compound movement for the muscle group then move into more hypertrophy training using free weights and machines. I also typically do LISS cardio seven days a week. Sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening after weight training.

Now that we got that information out of the way, one scoop of this pre was great for each and every workout that I did. No matter the length or difficulty, this product was there to push me through the entire workout. In the energy department, I experienced a great mix of energy from the beginning thanks to the caffeine and long-term energy from the Dynamine and TeaCrine. The energy profile would even take me beyond the workout for another few hours. This was perfect if I happened to be doing cardio after the workout because I did not need to take something else to get me motivated for the cardio session. The long-lasting energy was also great if I happened to be going to work after the gym. I would not crash and still have the energy to complete the tasks at work.

Outside of the energy, this pre also provided great pumps, muscle power, muscle endurance and focus during my workouts. The dose of Citrulline is higher than what I have seen and used in many other pre-workouts. That combined with the full dose of Beta-Alanine along with the Betaine and Agmatine made my muscles work and feel amazing, especially if I happen to be doing higher reps. The last aspect I will speak about is the focus that I had in the gym while using this. I knew what to expect in terms of focus from my previous use of TeaCrine in other products but adding in the Dynamine and Alpha-GPC was icing on the cake. I would show up, put my headphones in and everything in the gym around me just seemed to disappear. My focus would solely be on the exercise that I was doing and the goals I had for each set. I would sometimes not even realize what song was playing on my phone and it was easy to ignore any incoming alerts. It was also easy to ignore other people in the gym around me; which most of the time is ok unless someone is trying to get your attention to ask for help or a question. These feelings combined with the energy profile made it feel like I could stay in the gym and lift for hour after hour.

From what I can find on the web, you can purchase this supplement directly from the company's website or from the company on Amazon. The 20 serving tub is listed for $43.00 on both sites. You can also purchase a sample pack from the company's site which includes one serving of each flavor (three total) for $7.00.

At the listed retail price, the cost per serving is $2.15. Personally, my threshold for a top tier pre-workout is at the $2 per serving mark. Many other fully loaded products that this competes with are around that price point. As this is a relatively new company, they may need to do some experimenting on pricing to find their sweet spot in the market. Part way through my tub, the company posted a 20% off discount for first time customers, which is still currently listed as active as of 4/3/2018. With that discount, the cost per scoop moves down to $1.72 which is definitely worth it for the ingredients and doses you get. At the discounted rate, my value rating would be a 9. At the retail price, my value rating drops to a 7.

Side Effects

With all the good I had to say about this product in the effectiveness section; there were some odd side effects that I need to speak about. The first happened only if I drank the pre-workout quickly. No matter the amount of water I used, if I consumed the entire scoop in under five minutes, I would experience some tightness in my chest. I would relate it to that feeling when you have a chest cold and can't take a deep breath. When I experienced this, I could still take a deep breath without any trouble but the tightness feeling stayed with me for about an hour. This side effect did not occur if I took my time and sipped the pre-workout over about thirty minutes.

The other side effect worth mentioning is this product seemed to cause me to yawn throughout my entire workout. It was not because I was tired but the need to yawn was always present after consuming this. This did not affect my energy levels or productivity in the gym but was just more of a nuisance. During the times when I had tightness in my chest, I could say it was my body's natural reaction to try and get more air into my lungs. On the days where I did not have the tightness feeling, the yawning was still there and I have no idea why.

Another possible side effect that I will bring to your attention has to do with the energy carry over that I experienced and talked about. If you consume this product in the morning or early afternoon, this effect is great and will likely be useful for you. However, if you take this in the evening, the energy carry over may be a negative and affect your ability to wind down at night for bed.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I am very happy with the results I received from running this product. The effectiveness I received in the gym was top notch and right up there with many of the other premium pre-workout products that I have used in the past. I also loved the energy and focus carry over from the combo of the caffeine, Dynamine and TeaCrine. The draw backs on this product is the retail pricing and the side effects I experienced. With the discount currently available, the pricing aspect is removed. The first side effect was solved with some planning while the other remained an issue for the entire tub. My recommendations to the company: I would scale back the coconut flavor in Tiger's Blood to allow some of the others to come through and I would drop the artificial colors. There is no reason that this product needs to be such a vibrant color. Once again, thank you to MDRN ATHLETE and SR.com for allowing me the opportunity to run this product!