dmf8625

First Bloods

Votes Cast

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Forum Posts

Deals Shared

Try Requests

Reputation

Products Added

TROOPer Level

Completed Missions

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. dmf8625 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 109 days.

Reviews by dmf8625

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  October 13, 2018

• Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher
  • No Measuring Instrument
  • Low % Of Active Ingredients

From the brand:

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses a trifecta of three different Carnitine supplements to help ignite your metabolism, enhance calorie burning, and accelerate fat loss without the use of any stimulants whatsoever.

INCREASED FAT BURNING
Carnitine enhances your body's ability to burn fat for fuel, potentially transforming you into a pure fat burning machine.

IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION

INCREASED FAT BURNING

IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION
The combination of proven fat loss agents in L-Carnitine, Grains of Paradise, Green Tea, and Gamma-Butyrobetaine (GBB) can provide rapid results leading to superior body composition.

ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
Carnitine allows your body the ability to burn fat for energy while training, allowing you to last longer during your workouts, for increased calorie burning and performance.

NON-STOP USE
L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT contains no stimulants whatsoever, meaning there's no tolerance build up and you never a need to cycle on and off.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. Today I am going to speak about the first liquid carnitine product that I have ever used, L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT. After reading multiple mixed reviews over the last few months about this product here on the site and with recently finishing a similar thermogenic/sweat producing supplement, I decided it was time to give this guy a shot. I planned on using this product before my LISS cardio sessions in the evening. As I mentioned in the other review, my main attraction to this product was the inclusion of Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride and Grains of Paradise. While the other supplement had some additional ingredients, let's see if this is a case of where less is more.

This product thankfully has a fully disclosed label for the active ingredients. The 1500 in the name is in reference to the 1500 milligrams of carnitine included in each serving. That amount is split evenly between three forms consisting of L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, and Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg each). On the VMI webpage of this supplement, there is an FAQ which includes the question "What is Carnitine?" Their answer is: "Carnitine is a substance naturally produced by the body that's found in all cells. It can improve the body's ability to metabolize fat for energy, thus transforming you into a true, blue fat-burning machine. L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses three highly bioavailable forms of L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine, Acetyl L-Carnitine & L-Carnitine L-Tartrate), for maximum effectiveness to help promote weight loss."

L-Carnitine is naturally occurring in the body and involved in hundreds of processes. Commonly known to help the body produce energy by freeing up fatty acids, and can help aid in promoting weight loss.

Acetyl L-Carnitine or ALCAR, is thought to be the most bioavailable form of L-Carnitine. Unlike other forms which typically help convert stored fat to energy, ALCAR readily crosses the blood-brain barrier & acts within the brain itself. Its primary actions are related to cognitive function.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate or LCLT, is Carnitine bonded to Tartaric Acid. Its rapidly absorbed by the body, making it ideal to include as part of a pre-workout. Can also aid in physical performance, potentially reduce muscle soreness & aid in post-workout fat oxidation.

Next we have Green Tea Leaf Extract (50mg). Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea's health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins - plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)-the compound most responsible for green tea's reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body's heat production and fat oxidation.

Next is the Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride (25mg). I was a little disappointed to see this wasn't the registered/trademarked version GBBGO. In terms of this ingredient's purpose, "A precursor to L-Carnitine, GBB may naturally increase the production of L-Carnitine by your body. Increasing natural L-Carnitine not only aids in fat burning but also has the potential to enhance exercise performance and recovery!" It has also been called "Super Carnitine" because of its ability to increase carnitine production by up to 300%!"

Next we have the Grains of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine)(15mg). Props to VMI for using the registered Paradoxine version of this ingredient. This is a spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen. From the ingredient's website: How do Paradoxinework? >> In humans, there are two types of adipose tissue, WAT (white adipose tissues) and BAT (brown adipose tissues). WAT is the sites of energy storage, while BAT is responsible for cold-and diet-induced thermogenesis, which helps to control body-energy expenditure, as well as body fat content. Paradise extract (especially including 12.5% 6-paradol) was found to promote WAT transformation into BAT. (http://www.paradoxine.com/index.php)

Lastly, we have BioPerine(2.5mg). This ingredient is included in multiple supplements because of its ability to increase nutrient absorption. From the BioPerine website: "A thermonutrient such as BioPerine would potentially improve the process of nutrient absorption by enhancing thermogenesis.
The leading theory of food-induced thermogenesis relates to the autonomous nervous system. The autonomous nervous system is represented by two main receptors in the gastrointestinal tract, the alpha and beta adrenergic receptors." If you would like more information about this specific ingredient, you can see the research on their website at https://www.bioperine.com/.

In my opinion, the ingredient profile on paper would best be described as average. In comparison to the similar product that I recently completed, VMI has provided me with more overall carnitine and different forms but less GBB and Grains of Paradise. Another concern I have is the percentage of active ingredients in each serving of this product. Each serving is 15 milliliters, equal to 15 grams by weight from what I can find on the web. The total amount of active ingredients per serving is less than 1.6 grams. I do realize this is a liquid supplement, so a large portion needs to be water but I feel VMI could have increased the dose of either the GBB, the Grains of Paradise, the green tea or preferably all three without much change to the mixture. But hey, I'm just a consumer with an opinion and VMI Sports is a successful company in the crowded sports nutrition market.

Taste >> I was most looking forward to trying the Juicy Stripes, Gummy Bear or Rainbow Candy flavors of this product but I was sent the Orange Pineapple. At first, I was not really excited about this flavor because I am not a fan of orange flavored products and I was hoping the pineapple stood out. To be honest, with the product being a small liquid shot, there isn't much flavor to taste. For some reason the flavor reminds me of slightly melted Otter Pops that I used to eat as a kid, with a slight spicy aftertaste. Very easy to drink and move on with your activities.

About a week after I started taking this product, I received another package from VMI Sports which included a bottle of my number one desired flavor, Juicy Stripes. Based on the name and artwork on the bottle, my guess is this flavor was designed to reflect that of Fruit Stripe gum, which I used to chew as a kid. You may remember the package had an oddly colored zebra on it. They nailed it with this flavor! The smell and taste is a perfect reminder of this gum. This is an instance where I wish the serving size was larger so I could enjoy the flavor more.

Mixability >> Nothing here to mix with this product. Just give the bottle a quick shake, pour out your serving and you're ready to go. The liquid has a slightly thicker consistency than plain water but nothing that would cause an issue.

Dosing >> Per the brand: Shake Well Before Using. As A Dietary Supplement, Take One Serving (1tbsp) Preferably On An Empty Stomach, Prior To A Meal Or Prior To Exercise. Do Not Consume More Than One Serving At A Time, And No More Than Two Servings Within A 24-Hour Period.

My dose was on an empty stomach before evening LISS cardio.

In regards to the product's claims and the effectiveness that I received, this supplement was somewhat of a mixed bag for me. Was I transformed into a "pure fat burning machine"? No, not really. Let's be honest, becoming a "pure fat burning machine" is something that only a small percentage of genetically gifted people can achieve and that ability is still highly dependent on nutrition and training. I am not one of those people but will try any supplement that can get me closer to that goal. During use of this supplement, my goal was to be in a caloric deficit for as many days as possible. While that was the case for most of the 30 or so days, there were a few that I did overeat (mainly on carbs). This supplement did keep my overall weight loss goal on track even with the couple of setbacks. Over the approximate 30 days I was on this supplement, I was able to lose about seven pounds of scale weight without a decrease in strength. From past experiences, I know that I can lose between four and ten pounds of scale weight in about a 30 day period without any drastic measures with much of it depending on my consistency with food intake and training.

I did enjoy the increased thermogenic effect that this supplement had on my body during my LISS cardio. Shortly after consuming my serving, I would feel some warmth spreading throughout my stomach and lower back. As I started moving more, that feeling would spread to my entire upper body and I would have a noticeable increase in sweating compared to when I wasn't using this product. It never got to the point of being uncomfortable for me and I did not have to worry about the sweat making a mess that would impact others because I was working out at home. If you train in a public area, you will likely have to be more cautious about this increase in sweating and cleaning up after yourself. While this increase was not as intense as the previous thermogenic/sweat producing supplement that I reviewed, it was still noticeable and I enjoyed it. I know that an increase in sweating does not necessarily mean you or your body is achieving better results, it is a nice mental queue to me that I am "putting in work".

Lastly, I did notice a slight increase in stamina and endurance during my LISS cardio while using this supplement. Not sure if that was a placebo effect from mentally knowing the carnitine should allow me to burn fat for energy or if it was actually the additional carnitine in my system was producing this effect. Either way it worked and I was able to extend my cardio sessions longer than I had planned without having a negative effect on my recovery from weight training. This allowed me to increase my calorie burn and progress with my weight loss goals even with the couple of setbacks that I mentioned earlier.

As a bit of additional information for others considering this supplement; the additional thermogenic ingredients could help you with your warm-up before training if you live in a colder climate or train early in the morning before your body is moving efficiently. This supplement could also be effective if you follow specific diets that do not have foods which provide your body with enough natural carnitine. For some additional research information about carnitine, you can check out this blog post about how this ingredient may be underrated (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-research/l-carnitine).

Purchasing a bottle directly from the VMI Sports website will cost you $24.99. A1 Supplements currently has all seven flavors available on its site for $18.75. Each bottle comes with 31 servings in it. Sometimes a lower price may pop up on Amazon or eBay for a specific flavor, which may save you another dollar or two.

In the big picture of training and supplementation, a product like L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is likely going to be a third tier supplement for most people. First tier would be products like a protein powder and pre-workout. Second tier may be an amino acid product and something like a fish oil or multi vitamin. Once you have all those supplements taken care of and if there's still some money left in your budget to spend, a fat burning/cardio supplement like this would be a good option.

An individual situation I can see that changing is if you know you're deficient in carnitine because of your food choices. At that point, you will have to decide if you want a lower dosed carnitine product with the added extras like this or a higher dosed pure carnitine supplement like VMI Sports Carnitine 3000.

Side Effects

There were no negative side effects that I experienced with this product. As noted and expected, you will probably sweat A LOT after taking this and doing some type of physical activity. Just be aware of that if you work out in a public gym and are self-conscious about how others may look or perceive you when you are sweating up a storm. Also, please be sure to have a towel handy so you can wipe down the machines and benches after using them as a courtesy to others. No one wants to wallow is your sweat puddles while trying to work out.

The warning from the brand is: For Use as a Dietary Supplement Only By Healthy Adults of the Age of 18 and Over. Do Not Use This Product If You Are Pregnant, Nursing, Or May Become Pregnant. Do Not Consume If You Have A Pre-Existing Medical Condition, Or You Are Taking Any Prescription Medication. Please Consult A Physician Prior To Use. Do Not Use If Safety Seal Is Broken. Use Only As Directed. Do Not Exceed Recommended Use. Store in a Cool, Dry Place (60'F to 80'F).

Conclusion

To wrap things up, I really enjoyed this product and had a great experience during my run. From the beginning, I knew this was not going to be a miracle supplement that would instantly transform me into a "pure fat burning machine" but all the other product claims were met and/or exceeded. Personally, I do not think my body is low on carnitine based on the foods I regularly eat but a serving a day of this gave me some extra peace of mind that I had all the tools necessary to continue on with my weight loss goals. If you are a person whose body is low on carnitine and you are trying to lose some excess fat, this is definitely a supplement that I would recommend looking into even more. The label is transparent, it is easy to consume, the two flavors I had were enjoyable (especially the Juice Stripes) and the effectiveness was inline and/or above what I had hoped for (even with what I initially thought were some under-dosed ingredients).

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me plus going above and beyond with the extra bottle of my desired flavor! Fantastic customer service and making each individual feel special during the fulfillment process.

Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  September 19, 2018

• Mixability Issues
  • Light Flavor
  • Average BCAA Dosage

From the brand:

Branch Chained Amino Acids are the building blocks for our muscle cells; without them, we don't exist. But as we train, work, sleep, and just live our lives, they become depleted. Even if we eat consistently throughout the day there are still gaps that need to be filled to optimize our performance. This is where Breach takes the lead on muscle growth and repair. Alongside the BCAA's found in Breach we included a vitamin and electrolyte mix so you stay hydrated and utilize Breach as an all-day muscle building and hydrating sports drink.

----Introducti...

From the brand:

First off, another thank you to Redcon1 for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today I am going to speak about my experiences with their BCAA product BREACH. While on the outset, this may look like a standard BCAA supplement; one look at the label told me there was a little more to it with the added extras. While the recent conversations about amino products have mostly focused on EAAs being superior, most of those formulas are still heavily weighted with these three amino acids. My main focus while using this product was intra-workout consumption. Let's see what, if any, difference it made in my training, recovery and hydration. Redcon1 also put together a nice FAQ page about this product that answers ten common questions a consumer may have (https://redcon1.com/pages/breach-faq).

As with every performance based (non-protein) supplement I have seen from Redcon1, we have full disclosure supplement facts for the active ingredients.

The formula starts off with the dosage of the BCAAs at five grams using the industry standard 2:1:1 ratio. Five grams is the "common" dose that most companies consider to be effective. For me, this is the absolute minimum that I would expect in a product like this. That is because some of the newer brands to hit the market have products with increased doses from six grams up to ten grams per serving. For BREACH, we are off to an average start here.

Here is a small excerpt about this ingredient from a GNC article: "BCAAs are the essential amino acids leucine, isoleucine and valine, which comprise around 35% of your body's muscle protein. They're "essential" because your body doesn't make them on its own-you have to get them from food and workout supplements. Like other amino acids, they're the building blocks of protein. But these particular aminos may also help preserve muscle glycogen stores, which fuel your muscles and minimize protein breakdown during exercise. Translation? BCAAs can help you get more out of your daily gym sessions." (http://www.gnc.com/health-articles-tips/sports-performance/what-are-bcaas.html)

Following the aminos, we receive a one gram dose of coconut water powder for hydration. Some products in this category have a larger dose of this ingredient while most have a much smaller dose, commonly ranging from 100mg to 500mg. "Coconut water powder is able to replenish lost micronutrients such as potassium, sodium, and chloride (Chavalittamrong et al., 1982). When added to a post-workout nutrition program, coconut water is able to aid in rehydration (Ismail et al., 2007) and provide the body with lost electrolytes. Non-exercise related, coconut water also has added health benefits such as lowering blood pressure (Alleyne et al., 2005) and lowering triglycerides and cholesterol levels (Sandhya et al., 2006)."

Our next ingredient is a one gram dose of Glycerol. This is an ingredient I normally see if pre-workout supplements to help with the pump. There is a trademarked version of this ingredient (HydroMax) but it does not appear that BREACH uses it. Glycerol transforms your muscles into ultra-absorbent sponges that allows them to soak up extra water, creating a state of "hyperhydration." This creates massive cellular swelling, which aside from improved performance, makes for some pretty sick "water-based" pumps as well. It is a little different to see this ingredient included in an amino product and that is one of the points that caught my eye and led me to claim it.

We now move onto the ingredient Taurine, which is included at the one gram dose. Found in vast quantities in the brain, heart, and skeletal muscles, taurine is a semi conditional that provides multiple benefits to the hard-training athlete. First and foremost, taurine functions as a cell volumizer[1], encouraging your muscles to absorb extra water, which leads to improved hydration, stamina, and muscle fullness.[2] Since taurine is also present in the brain, it can enhance focus and reduce brain fatigue[3], helping you stay in the zone no matter how long you're in the gym. For a little more information, check out this article: https://www.tigerfitness.com/articles/post/taurine-pre-workout-supplement

We finish off the formula with 500mg of combined electrolytes (340mg potassium and 160mg sodium). Personally, I am a big fan of the potassium dosage as that is an electrolyte that myself and many others struggle to consume enough of. "Providing the counterpunch to sodium is potassium, the electrolyte that forms the other half of the electrical pump responsible for regulating electrolyte balance and neurotransmission.[2] Much like sodium, potassium is lost is vast quantities during intense exercise, setting you up for increased fatigue and cramping. Consuming sufficient potassium ensures sustained performance, mental clarity, and carbohydrate metabolism."

Our remaining ingredients are the fillers including flavoring, artificial sweeteners and stabilizers. A nice bonus is BREACH does not use any artificial colors, which are useless in my opinion. Each scoop of BREACH is 11.5 grams with 8.5 grams of that being the active ingredients; giving us a yield of ~74% "good" stuff with 26% being fillers. This is about average in my opinion when compared to similar products on the market. I would much rather see the ratio be at least 80% actives but I know companies need to make some sacrifices to achieve the desired flavor, mixability and stability of the product in the tub. If this product outperforms other amino acid products on the market, I can look past the lower than desired percentage of actives. After all, results matter!

Taste >> There are currently six flavors available for this product and I received the strawberry kiwi flavor as requested. Unlike some other amino acid products I have used, this flavor was not "punch you in the mouth" strong. When mixed with the recommended amount of water, it had a nice refreshing taste of both strawberry and kiwi (as you would expect from the flavor). There was also a slight undertone of coconut towards the end, likely because of the coconut water powder. Since the flavor was not too strong in the beginning, this was not an amino product that could be watered down multiple times like some others. Overall, I enjoyed it but wouldn't mind if it was a little stronger so I could water it down at least once while still receiving some leftover flavor for my water.

Mixability >>This is where the product struggled a little bit during my use and the amount of water used did not change this. I started with the recommended eight to ten ounces for one scoop and there would always be some debris left on the sides of my shaker cup. Then if left to sit, there would also be some product that would settle at the bottom. Not sure if it was the coconut water powder, the glycerol, some aminos or a combination of them all. I also increased the amount of water used a few times to see if that would improve mixability, but it did not. This issue was mainly solved with a quick shake in between sips.

Dosing >> This product is billed as a one scoop product that can be taken any time of day. When BCAAs were first introduced to the market, much of the research showed their benefits when taking during training (intra-workout). That is how I used this product throughout the entire tub, except on a few occasions where I used it during other sports activities.

After using the entire tub, the best way I can describe this supplement is solid. To me, it is an average BCAA/intra-workout product for those who do not use a carb based or stimulant containing intra. There was never a WOW moment while using this during my workouts, good or bad. As mentioned, the BCAA dosage is on the lower end when compared to some others on the market but that did not seem to affect my muscle soreness or recovery. I am not prone to cramping during my workouts and never did while using this product either. I enjoyed the peace of mind knowing I was getting in some extra electrolytes from each scoop along with the possible health benefits from the coconut water powder.

I did not notice any significant change when it came to endurance during my workouts when compared to similar products or any cellular swelling from the Glycerol or Taurine. With no side effects experienced and a pleasant taste, this was a product that I looked forward to drinking during each workout and would be interested in trying the other flavors as well.

The other times outside of the gym when I used this supplement was during rounds of golf. With being in the heat of summer, spending four plus hours outside in 90*+ heat can really zap my energy and performance on the course. That normally starts about half-way through my round (even sooner if I am not playing well LOL). Instead of my normal energy bar or sports drink, I would take a scoop of BREACH. This is where I believe the hydration aspects of this product were more beneficial. I would sweat much more and for longer when compared to my time spent in an air conditioned gym. One to two scoops of BREACH throughout the round kept my body feeling good, performing as it should and gave me the energy to finish the round without the need for stimulants.

As with all Redcon1 products that I have seen and tried, prices can and will fluctuate across the web and your desired flavor may have an effect as well. Each tub includes 30 servings and I have seen tubs pop up on eBay for as low as $19.99 with free shipping. As of now, Amazon has the Watermelon flavor listed for just under $19 but the Tiger's Blood for almost $35. This is a perfect example where shopping around will definitely benefit you with this product. IllPumpYouUp.com currently has four flavors listed on their site for $19.95. If you want the selection of all the available flavors for the same price, you will have to go to websites like Muscle and Strength or directly to the Redcon1 site.

Side Effects

I did not experience any negative side effects during my use of this product. The only issues I could foresee for others would be if you are allergic to coconut or you know your body does not react well to glycerol. There are no artificial colors included as well, which is always a positive in my book.

Conclusion

In the end, the decision to purchase this supplement is going to come down to price for me. Unless you are a person who really looks out for one or more of the added extras (ie: Coconut Water, Glycerol, Taurine), this would not be my top recommendation but still an option. As I mentioned in the effectiveness section, there was never a WOW moment while using this that would move BREACH to the top of my list. I know that may be an odd statement to make for a BCAA/intra-workout product but we supplement junkies can always hope, right? It has a transparent label, good flavor, no issues with the powder itself, no side effects and can possibly be found at a reasonable price plus no artificial colors! In school, BREACH would pass the test but it is not on the honor roll.

Overall
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  August 24, 2018

• Might Be Pricey To Some
  • Low % Of Active Ingredients

Metabolic Catalyst + Energy*
Helps Increase Fat Oxidation and Perspiration*

Steel Sweat Metabolic Catalyst allows you to increase performance in aerobic exercise while protecting the body against oxidative stress and aiding in recovery.* Steel Sweat contains potent ingredients which are known to increase thermogenesis, boost metabolism, optimize energy expenditure, increase fat oxidation and perspiration.*
Features and Benefits

Boosts Metabolism*
Increases Thermogenesis*
Enhances Cardio Performance*
Water Loss*

Let me begin by thanking SteelFit for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. My thoughts today are going to be their relatively new thermogenic/metabolic catalyst product Steel Sweat. I remember seeing the announcement for this product on Stack3d.com, thought it looked interesting and made a mental note to do a little research and possibly give it a try. Within the same day after seeing this announcement, SteelFit made this product available for the TROOPer program. Thankfully a bottle was still available when the opening got down to my level and I picked one up.

I was about to claim a similar product currently in the TROOP vault from another brand but was hesitant because of its mixed reviews from the TROOPers who have already tried it. Being as I had a good experience with another product from SteelFit (Hydra Steel https://supplementreviews.com/steelfit/hydra-steel/review/water-gone-55509) previously, I decided this was the one to try instead of the other one available. I planned on using this supplement specifically for LISS cardio workouts either in the morning or late afternoon. This will also be my first experience with two relatively new ingredients included in this product, Gamma-Butyrobetaine Hydrochloride (GBB) and Grain of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine). Let's see how it went.

As with many products that I have seen from SteelFit, the supplement facts panel for Steel Sweat is fully disclosed. As I mentioned in the intro, the two ingredients that peaked my interest with this product is the GBB and Paradoxine. Those seem to be the new talk of the town in the supplement industry when it comes to weight loss/fat burner ingredients that are effective. I also like that this product does not include a huge dose of caffeine when compared to similar 'fat burners". Only 100mg of caffeine per scoop seems like a nice addition to this product to give you a little hit of energy without pushing you towards a cracked-out or wired feeling. Lastly, I am happy to see that this product used the trademarked versions of multiple ingredients; giving me the confidence that quality was not short-changed in the manufacturing of this supplement.

As a side note, I am not thrilled about the percentage of active ingredients compared to the inactive fillers. Each 5 gram scoop contains approximately 1.7 grams of active ingredients (~34%). The remaining 66% of the product is in the "other ingredients" section for flavoring, sweeteners and artificial colors. I much prefer a product that has a higher percentage of actives and less fillers but I know there has to be some compromise with the company when trying to flavor certain ingredients in this supplement. However, artificial colors need to go! There is no use for them in this product and the company limits the market for those who refuse to buy artificially colored products.

Below is a breakdown of each ingredient with the information provided by the brand via their website:

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid): A water-soluble vitamin and powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C helps the body form and maintain connective tissue, including bones, blood vessels, and skin while also supporting carnitine synthesis.

Niacin (Vitamin B3): Like other B vitamins, Niacin helps the body break down carbohydrates, fats and proteins into energy. Vitamin B3 is a water-soluble vitamin important for lipid metabolism and gives a warming effect to the skin.

Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride): Vitamin B6 is necessary for proper nerve function and for metabolizing nutrients. It also helps to support carnitine synthesis and mitochondrial function.

Dipotassium Phosphate: A highly water-soluble salt that acts as a potassium source to replenish what is lost from sweating.

Sodium (as Sodium Chloride): Regulates muscle contraction and nerve function while acting as a sodium and chloride source to replenish what is lost from sweating.

L-Carnitine Tartrate: L-Carnitine is an essential, non-toxic, natural nutrient that helps burn fat for fuel. This form of carnitine is known for having excellent bioavailability and provides cellular energy and recovery from exercise. L-Carnitine Tartrate absorbs more rapidly than L-Carnitine when taken orally, making it useful for time critical situations like before cardio activity.

Evodiamine Fruit Extract (Evodia Rutaecarpa): Used in traditional Chinese medicine as a warming technique, Evodiamine mimics the characteristic anti-obese effects induced by capsaicin. Evodiamine may induce heat loss and heat production at the same time and dissipate food energy, preventing the accumulation of perivisceral fat and the body weight increase.

Caffeine Anhydrous: One of the most commonly used stimulants among athletes. It provides stimulation of the central nervous system to support alertness and energy during a workout and can support strength for some during resistance exercise. An increase in wakefulness, focus, better body coordination and can increase performance in cardiovascular and anaerobic exercise.

Gamma-Butyrobetaine Hydrochloride (GBBGO): A precursor to L-Carnitine, GBBGO may naturally increase the production of L-Carnitine by your body. Increasing natural L-Carnitine not only aids in fat burning but also has the potential to enhance exercise performance and recovery!

Grain of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine): A spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen.

Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis) (80% Catechins & 50% EGCG): Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea's health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins - plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)-the compound most responsible for green tea's reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body's heat production and fat oxidation.

Alpha Lipoic Acid: Known as The Universal Antioxidant, enhances mitochondrial function with a strong antioxidant effect, supporting the functions of L-Carnitine and promoting muscle cell nutrient intake and protein turnover. Alpha Lipoic Acid also helps shift glucose into muscles and away from fat cells, increasing energy and reducing stored fat.

Capros Indian Gooseberry Fruit Extract (Phyllanthus Emblica) (standardized to minimum 60% tannins): Capros is a super antioxidant (ORACFN of 47,000 moles TE/g) and an excellent cardiovascular support product, which is all natural, derived from the edible fruits of Phyllanthus emblica, organic and non-GMO. Capros has been shown to promote endothelial function, thereby supporting healthy arteries and blood vessels.

Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber Officinale Roscoe): Ginger is a root herb from the tropical plant Zingiber Officinale. Known for its sharp scent, it has long been an important culinary spice in Asian cuisine and herbal medicine. Ginger seems to influence body weight and composition by boosting the body's thermogenesis and energy expenditure, increasing the breakdown of fat in adipose tissue, and reducing the absorption of dietary fat in the intestine.

Dihydrocapsiate (from Sweet Peppers) (CapsiAtra): A compound found in CH-19 Sweet Peppers that activates the sympathetic nervous system via receptors in the GI Tract to Increase Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) and Increase Fat Oxidation (Lipolysis).

Taste >> This product currently is available in three flavors and I was most interested in the strawberry mango or cherry lemonade flavors. The SteelFit rep came through and sent me the strawberry mango flavor and it is delicious! When drinking a scoop, the first taste and smell you get from this flavor is very tropical, as I would expect with these two fruits mixed together. However, that tropical sensation is quickly replaced with a spicy/peppery taste in the back of your throat. It does not hurt nor is it uncomfortable, just surprising if you are not expecting it. The brand also warns of this happening on the label in the dosing instructions. Since each scoop is only mixed in six to eight ounces of water, it is gone in a few sips and you are ready to get started. The spicy/peppery taste does linger for about five to ten minutes after you finish drinking but it was not uncomfortable or hindering for me in any way.

Mixability >> Since each scoop of this product is relatively small at five grams, mixability was not an issue. I typically used between the six and eight ounces of water for each scoop and a couple of shakes had everything mixed. If left to sit, some sinkers would begin to appear but nothing outrageous or out of the ordinary. Just another shake or swirl between sips was all that I needed to do.

Dosing >> Per the brand: As a dietary supplement, mix one serving (one level scoop) of Steel Sweat with 6-8 fl. oz. of cold water (adjust for taste preferences). Stir or shake well and consume 15-30 minutes before cardio or weight training. To further enhance your performance while training, it is recommended to drink plenty of water and/or a performance beverage such as Steel Fuel to stay hydrated. Do not consume Steel Sweat within 4 hours prior to bedtime. Some individuals may experience a harmless warming sensation in their throat after consuming the product, which is attributed to the Grains of Paradise.

Now to the most important part of this review, did the product perform as advertised? Why yes, yes it did! Some background information to keep in mind while reading this portion, I only used this as a cardio supplement even though the brand says that it can also be used prior to weight training. All of my cardio done during this supplement run was low intensity, steady state (LISS) on a treadmill. This was also done in a fasted state with no solid food in my stomach for at least 12 hours. Sometimes I may have had some BCAAs before but that was on rare occasions. The brand does not specifically say to take this on an empty stomach or with food, so I would say experiment and see what works best for you and your schedule.

My experiences with this product were noticeable within 15 minutes after finishing my scoop. I would consume this right before I was ready to get on the treadmill and by the time I put my shoes and socks on, I could already feel some warmth moving throughout my body. At the beginning, it was most noticeable around my chest, back and stomach. As I started my cardio session, the heat picked up its intensity and started to spread to all parts of my body. At this point, nothing was uncomfortable for me but I could tell that something was different because of taking this supplement.

As my cardio session crossed the 15 minute mark, the beads of sweat started to appear all over my body. Prior to taking this supplement, I would not start to noticeably sweat until at least 30 minutes into the session and mainly only from my under-arms and lower back. While using Steel Sweat, I was perspiring from my head down to my knees! Places where I would never sweat from before, like my upper back and shoulders, started to drip just from LISS cardio. I could only imagine the effects of this product if used during higher intensity cardio or while lifting weights.

I did notice the effects started to fade a little when this supplement was used on a daily basis. After about two weeks of using a scoop a day, I noticed the sweating was a little less intense and nowhere close to my first experience where I was dripping everywhere. I'm not sure if this was because my body built up a little tolerance to some of the ingredients or my body became more efficient at cooling itself during cardio. This issue was corrected by taking a few days off of the supplement after a few weeks of continuous use. If you are someone who will only use this sparingly, this issue may not occur.

The last bit of information I want to include about effectiveness is I had no undesired carry over effects from this product after finishing my cardio session. When I finished my session, which normally last about an hour, I would not continue sweating or feeling warm as I went about the rest of my day. Reading some reviews of a similar product; people would sometimes continue sweating or feeling warm hours after taking the supplement when they were at work or just trying to go about their daily lives. That is one of the side effects that made me hesitant about trying the other product and I am glad that Steel Sweat did not have those effects for me.

At the moment, it looks like the only place to purchase Steel Sweat is from the SteelFit website (https://steelfitusa.com/product/steel-sweat/). The current price listed is $34.95 per 30 serving tub. That pricing brings each scoop in at just over one dollar, which is not too bad of a deal for a product like this, especially since it did not have any negative side effects for me. That price is higher than the other similar supplement I was thinking about trying, but that one seems to also carry the risk of some undesirable effects. As this product becomes available at more outlets across the web, the price may decrease slightly, thereby making it an even better deal when compared to the competition.

In the big picture of training and supplementation, a product like Steel Sweat is likely going to be a third tier supplement for most people. First tier would be products like a protein powder and pre-workout. Second tier may be an amino acid product and something like a fish oil or multi vitamin. Once you have all those supplements taken care of and if there's still some money left in your budget to spend, a fat burning/cardio supplement like this would be a good option.

Side Effects

There is also a little bit of caffeine included in each scoop, so be cautious of taking this too close to your bedtime. Lastly, since this will likely make you sweat more, don't forget to drink more water to stay hydrated and don't forget about those electrolytes

Conclusion

To sum up my thoughts on Steel Sweat, I am very happy with this product as it produced the effects and results that I expected. It has a fully disclosed label with hefty doses of some key ingredients while still tasting good and not being a chore to drink; likely thanks to the large percentage of fillers included. The effects came on quickly, lasted the desired amount of time I needed and left me with no side effects afterwards that would have inhibited the rest of my day. There was a slight decrease in the effects after multiple weeks of continuous use, but a short break solved that issue. The price is a little higher than some competing products but the dosages are better and there were no side effects, which is a trade-off I am willing to make. With the supplement being so new, that downside may change as more online retailers pick up this product. If you want to increase the intensity of your cardio or weight training workouts and "get your sweat on", this is definitely a supplement worth trying.

Once again, thank you to SteelFit and SR.com for making this review possible. I am glad I waited to claim this supplement instead of going with the other one available. I looked forward to using a scoop each day and will pick up some bottles to try the other flavors available.

Overall
Thanks to Ghost for sending it out!
  July 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent Profile
  • Amazing Taste
  • Great Profile
  • No Water Retention
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness
  • Contains Artificial Colors
  • Contains Artificial Sweeteners

Gains On Gains On Gains

New school meets old school, clinically dosed, packed to the nines, transparent AF, muscle builder conceived to make gains faster than Photoshop.
GHOST Full Disclosure Label

Max clinical dose Betaine
Carnosyn Beta-Alanine
Full 200MG dose Epicatechin
Max clinical dose Astragin

First, a big thank you to the guys and gals over at Ghost for joining us here at SR.com and making your creatine/muscle building product Size available for us TROOPers to try and review. I have been following this company since their creation, mainly because of the YouTube ambassadors that they have partnered with. Being from a printing and marketing background, I can appreciate what Ghost has done with their marketing/outreach techniques since launching the company along with the details and added extras that the labels and tubs have. Being a dietary supplement consumer, I also applaud Ghost on being a fully transparent company from the beginning and not short-changing the consumer with inferior ingredients or improper dosing. Let's see if this proper follows that same path.

As with all Ghost products, Size provides full label transparency and contains patented and registered versions of ingredients when they are available. This product contains five grams of what Ghost calls "Full Yield Creatine", which is a blend of monohydrate and HCL at 2.5g each. This is where the brand is blending new school and old school ingredients with the hopes of providing a product that gives the user the best of both worlds. Many who have been taking supplements for a while know that the monohydrate version of creatine has been studied and proven to be effective for years now. The HCL version is somewhat new and has less scientific research behind it. For those who prefer HCL, they seem to like it because it's more soluble and said to be better absorbed, thus requiring a smaller serving. Personally I have never used a pure monohydrate creatine product on its own. I started with HCL and have stayed with it since I began weightlifting.

Moving past the creatine, the remaining ingredients are added extras to help with muscle growth and recovery. Each scoop of Size gives you a clinical dose of Betaine. Per my friends over at PricePlow: Betaine, also known as Trimethylglycine (TMG), is a natural chemical compound that is found in several biological systems. It primarily serves as an organic osmolyte, which is something that takes water into cells to protect against osmotic stress. In addition to this it is also a methyl donor. TMG got the name betaine after its discovery in sugar beets. Structurally, it is a small trimethylated amino acid existing in zwitterionic form (a neutral molecule with a positive and negative charge, these are also called inner salts) at a neutral pH. The amino acid is glycine, hence the name, trimethylglycine. In addition to being found in sugar beets, it is also found in wheat bran, wheat germ, spinach, wheat bread, and shrimp. (https://blog.priceplow.com/betaine)

Next we have CarnoSyn Beta Alanine at two grams. While many will notice this ingredient is dosed below the normal 3.2 grams that we are accustomed to and think of as the "clinical" dose, Ghost follows the thought path of splitting up the doses for maximum nutrient absorption. This also helps avoid the sometimes unpleasant "tingles" many users get, when mega-doing Beta Alanine. As for effects, it's well known that Beta Alanine boosts endurance, but it also increases work capacity, strength, and time to exhaustion. In other words, Beta Alanine allows you to work out more intensely for longer periods of time without succumbing to fatigue. This ultimately lets you get more work done, yielding more gains!

The next ingredient is one that I have only heard of but never tried in a supplement before. It is Epicatechin 90% dosed at 200mg. Ghost says "Epicatechin is one of the hottest muscle building ingredients on the market" and claims this is the ingredient that really sets Size apart from anything else on the market. They also mention that just this ingredient alone is sold for more than what an entire tub of Size costs. As for what Epicatechin is supposed to do, I turn to my friends at PricePlow again for this: "Found prevalently in dark chocolate, epicatechin is a potent flavonol that's gained popularity for its ability to enhance lean mass gains and performance. Most notably, epicatechin has the ability to

Enhance strength and muscle growth
Improve glucose tolerance
Increase endurance
Blunt fatigue
Elevate nitric oxide production

Part of what makes epicatechin a prime-time muscle builder is that it's a rather powerful inhibitor of Myostatin by way of increasing levels of Follistatin, Myostatin's "archenemy." Basically, Myostatin prohibits muscle growth, and Follistatin inhibits myostatin signaling, which ultimately results in less myostatin and more muscle growth!"

Our last active ingredient is AstraGin at 50mg. "AstraGin is an all-natural absorption-boosting ingredient derived from Astragalus membranaceus and panax ginseng extracts, both staples of traditional Chinese medicine. AstraGin enhances the rate at which certain compounds and nutrients are absorbed within the intestinal wall. NuLiv, the company who developed AstraGin, has conducted several research trials showing that the novel compound effectively improves uptake of creatine, beta alanine, citrulline, amino acids, and several other compounds. Size contains the full research-backed 50mg dose of AstraGin to increase the effectiveness of all its ergogenics even further."

The remaining ingredients will vary depending on if you purchase the neutral (unflavored) version or the Warheads branded Sour Watermelon flavor. The Sour Watermelon flavored version includes an additional 2.5 grams of natural and artificial flavors, citric, malic and tartaric acid, along with your artificial sweeteners of sucralose and Ace-K plus artificial red food coloring.

Taste >> I received the Warheads collab Sour Watermelon flavor and it was fantastic! I have tried a sample of their Legend PWO in this flavor and thought it was amazing. Glad to see the same flavor transferred over to this product and they were able to achieve the same result with different active ingredients. It is delicious and sour from the first sip until the last. No complaints here and I looked forward to drinking every day. Definitely one of the best tasting supplements on the market today in my opinion.

Mixability >> No real big issues here. One scoop in some cold water and shake for about five to ten seconds. If I let the bottle sit for a minute or two, some sediment would be visible on the bottom but another quick shake and it is ready to drink again. If you are the type of person who would drink this all at once, then there is nothing to be concerned about.

Dosing >> Depending on your thoughts about creatine consumption, this product could be taken any time of day. Ghost recommends consuming within 30 minutes after exercising on training days. They also state for best results, use on non-training days as well. They also recommend mixing this with a whey protein shake, which is why the product also comes in an unflavored version. I followed their dosing protocol on training days and consumed my scoop on non-training days in the afternoon as a nice refreshing beverage.

When it comes to the effectiveness of this product, I experienced two stages throughout my use of the tub. For the first week to ten days, Size provided me with piece of mind that I was getting my full daily dose of creatine in along with having a delicious drink to look forward to after training or during the afternoon on non-training days. During this first stage, everything seemed okay but nothing seemed or felt spectacular or different. My training sessions were the same as was my recovery. No crazy personal best lifts were achieved, just the same slow and steady progress that I was making before starting this supplement. After some of my more intense workouts, I would still have some muscle soreness for a day or two just as before. Body composition was also relatively unchanged during this time.

As I entered the second week of using this product and beyond, that is where I started to notice a significant difference during my training sessions and more importantly, in my recovery. With consuming Size post workout, my training sessions the following days started to become more enjoyable and I was eager to get back into the weight room. This was likely because the effects of Size had my body feeling stronger and more willing to lift some heavier weights than I did the session before. This excitement and the possibility of setting a new PR reinvigorated my desire to go to the gym as much as possible again. With this new found enthusiasm in the gym, some might be concerned about the ability for the body to recover from this new stimulus of pushing it far beyond what it is used to. This is where Size really shined for me as my muscle soreness from the workouts decreased substantially the more I used this product. The soreness that used to last a day or two for my most intense workouts was almost non-existent during week three and four of this product. I started to feel "healthier" and stronger with each passing day during these weeks and had a better outlook on the other parts of my life because I was not sore or in a bad mood. Indirectly, this supplement helped with my family and work life because it made me more enjoyable to be around and open to participating in other activities that I would normally be too sore to think about doing.

In terms of body composition while using this product, I did not notice any extreme changes in the mirror but felt most of the progress was being made internally. My muscles did not seem to fail as quickly during the training sessions when compared to before I started taking Size but my muscle definition did not noticeably change for any part of my body. Some of this lack of change or definition can be attributed to loose skin that I have from losing weight and I did not expect this product to magically solve that issue by filling it up with more muscle mass. I realize that I will probably never look like the fitness models we see on magazines or Instagram and I'm okay with that. As long as I can continue making progress in the gym and boost my recovery for the next session; I am happy. Ghost Size was effective at giving me the confidence that I was stronger and capable of lifting more weight without the fear of being laid up in bed for the next week trying to recover.

In terms of price/value, Ghost has taken the route of having strict control over who is able to distribute their products. At this time, the only places Size and all other Ghost products can be purchased are either directly through their own website (https://www.ghostlifestyle.com/), from the GNC website or directly from brick and motor GNC stores. Unless there happens to be a sale in a GNC store, the price is the same no matter where you shop. Each tub is 30 scoops and retails for $39.99. GNC has free shipping and you can save 10% if you choose to have this product auto-delivered. If you purchase this from the Ghost website, you can find a discount code from one of their brand ambassadors that will save you 20%.

In terms of value, Size really stands out when it comes to the amount of Epicatechin included in each tub. Looking through sites like Amazon that sell Epicatechin in pill form, you would be paying between $35 and $40 just for that ingredient alone at the 6000mg (30x200mg) dosage. Then you have to factor in the separate costs for the forms of creatine along with all the other ingredients you get plus whatever value you may place on having an amazing tasting product.

If you look at this product as only being a creatine supplement, then it is going to be extremely expensive and likely a pass for most people. However, this includes much more than just creatine and should be viewed as a supplement that will improve your performance and most likely lead to better recovery and more muscle gain while meeting your daily creatine requirements as an added bonus.

Side Effects

None experienced during my run of this product. Be cautious if you know your body does not react well to a certain type of creatine included. Since this also contains Beta Alanine, there is the possibility that some people could feel the tingling sensation after consuming. Also note that the Warheads Sour Watermelon flavor does contain artificial colors and sweeteners, if you are allergic and/or trying to avoid those.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I see this supplement as being a great addition to anyone's stack no matter where you are in your fitness adventure. For the newbies hitting the weights for the first time, I believe this will help amplify your newbie gains along with helping you recover and lessening muscle soreness. For the intermediate lifter that has been training consistently and tried many supplements but can't break through a plateau; maybe Size is the perfect cocktail of post workout ingredients that you have been missing. For the advanced lifter, this supplement may be your first experience in using Epicatechin and all the possible benefits it can provide. If you are the type of person who has a cabinet full of failed supplements that didn't produce the effects they claimed; Ghost Size could be the one that replaces them all and gets you back on the GAINS train! Choo Choo

Once again, thank you to Ghost and SR.com for making this review possible. Size combines all the greatness of research backed ingredients with the amazing sour candy taste of Warheads. I looked forward to drinking this each day and letting my body handle the rest.

Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  July 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Filling
  • No Whey
  • Low Carb
  • Low Sugar
  • Uses Artificial Sweeteners
  • Only One Size Tub Available
  • Use Artificial Flavors

From the brand:
Our whole food meal replacement, MRE is now available in lower calories. In the military, M.R.E. stands for Meals Ready to Eat, these meal packs are given to soldiers out in the field for fuel during intense combat situations. We built upon that concept and offer to you a delicious tasting whole food meal replacement packed full of healthy food choices that will replenish your system when you need it the most.

From the brand:
MRE Lite will deliver the same great taste and excellent source of whole foods as our original MRE formula, but with much lower carbohydrates for the person keeping a close and watchful on his or her macronutrients. That means if you're dieting and on restricted calories, you too, can enjoy the wonders that MRE can do for your physique.
MRE Lite contains no whey protein allowing for easy digestion. Instead, you'll get beef, salmon, egg, and chicken protein. Plus, the healthy benefits of brown rice protein, pea protein, and MCT oil. Each serving is just 134 calories with 24g of protein and just 2g of sugar.
No Whey Protein
Just 2g of Sugar per serving
Lactose Free
Mixes easily without a blender
Keto friendly

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to RedCon1 for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to run and review many of the products that the company produces. Today I am going to speak about my experiences with their no whey, animal based protein powder/meal replacement named MRE Lite. With new protein powders being released every few weeks it seems like, this one caught my eye as RedCon1 did something different that I have not seen from anyone else. By many accounts, the original MRE product was a huge success for the brand and now we have the Lite version that removed most of the carbs. Let's see if the reputation and results carried over to this product.

Each 29 gram scoop will provide you with the following macros:
Total Carbohydrate - 4 Grams
Dietary Fiber - 1 Gram
Sugar - 2 Grams
Protein - 24 Grams

The main active ingredients include: Beef protein Isolate (bovine), Salmon protein (fish), Chicken protein, Egg Albumin (egg), Brown Rice protein, Pea protein, Coconut water (coconut), MCT oil.

As you can see from the ingredients, this supplement took a different route in providing you with protein sources that do not come from milk. You have whole food sources that I never thought could be turned into a powder and actually be drinkable. With that in mind, I was a little hesitant at first but those fears quickly vanished once I tasted this product for the first time. The macros are similar to what you would find in a whey protein blend product on the market but that is where the similarities stop.

You then have the "fillers" which include natural and artificial flavors, cellulose gum, ground cinnamon, salt, sucralose and ace-K.

This supplement is also listed as lactose free and keto friendly, if you happen to be looking for those characteristics in a product.

Taste >> I received the banana nut bread flavor from the rep and it was delicious. As I mentioned in the title, who knew animal protein sources could be flavored to taste like an amazing baked sweet treat? Definitely not I, but I am a believer after trying a scoop of this. I like banana and cinnamon flavored products, so this was a perfect fit for me and I would recommend it to anyone who also likes these flavors. This flavor is definitely something different on the market and worth trying at least once.

Mixability >> No issues here with this product for me. I always used a blender bottle when mixing a scoop in water. Sometimes I would have the blender ball inside, sometimes not. For the most part, the blender ball did not make a difference in the outcome of the product. The shake may have come out slightly smoother with the blender ball included but hardly a noticeable difference in my opinion. No huge chunks were ever left in the cup after shaking and it was always smooth going down.

Dosing >> As with most protein powders/meal replacement products, the dosing is left up to the individual and how this product will best fit with their lifestyle. Since it is low fat, consuming post workout is an option along with basically any time of day. The brand recommends mixing one serving in eight to ten ounces of cold water and consuming one to two times per day in between meals.

As with dosing, the effectiveness of a protein/meal replacement product can only be determined by the individual using it. If the food you typically eat does not contain a lot of protein, this product will be effective at increasing your intake. Or if you are a person who has trouble consuming enough whole food to meet your goals, this product will be effective at allowing you to quickly consume some protein and calories without using up too much volume in your stomach. This is also a great option for those who are trying to avoid whey based products or those that contain lactose.

As I mentioned in the ingredient profile section, the macros are similar to what you would find in a whey protein blend product, so MRE Lite was easy to fit into my macros and hopefully will be the same for you. While this could be used post-workout, I personally used it as a mid-day/early evening snack or as a beverage to drink along with my whole food meal. When the whole food meal was lacking in protein content, a scoop or two of this made the meal complete and helped satisfy my hunger. As a snack, this product was great at satisfying any cravings I had for something sweet in the middle of the day or before dinner. That may sound odd considering this product is packed full of animal proteins but RedCon1 did a fantastic job with the flavoring system to make this effectively comparable to a sweet treat in my shaker cup. In regards to fullness, this product seemed to be a little more effective than a comparable whey protein product with a similar number of calories per serving. It was slightly more satisfying while not sitting heavy in my stomach. If I had to put a number to this effect, MRE Lite would keep the feeling of hunger away for an additional 30 to 60 minutes as compared to drinking a whey protein shake of similar calories.

In terms of digestibility, I have no complaints here for this product. Whether taken on an empty stomach or while eating other foods; there were no instances of upset stomach, bloating or discomfort from consuming one or two scoops of this at a time. There are no digestive enzymes included in this product but I do not believe you need them unless you are a person who knows one of the protein sources does not agree with you. In that case, this product is probably not the best option for you to purchase.

Price always seems to be fluctuating with this product as I have tracked it through my run of the tub. Muscle and Strength had issued a temporary price cut dropping the 30 serving tub to $30 with all flavor selections available. While that promo is now over, the new one for the site is two tubs for $65, while one will cost you $45. Another outlet that did have a lower than average price was Vitamin Shoppe, which had it listed at $31.99 for either the blueberry cobbler or dutch apple pie flavors. That promo is over as well and the price is currently back to $40. If you want the selection of all the available flavors, the best place currently to go is I'll Pump You Up's website where all five flavors are listed for $34.95 per 30 serving tub. Along with the two flavors mentioned above and the banana nut bread flavor I received, you can also choose from oatmeal chocolate chip and pecan pie. I'll Pump You Up also offers a 7% military discount which will help some of us on the price.

You can also purchase directly from the RedCon1 website where the price is listed at $44.99 per tub. If purchased from their site, you can pay for your supplements using an interest free payment plan that will spread the cost out over eight weeks. RedCon1 also seems to run some great sales and promotions at least once per month, so be on the lookout for those. If you follow a website like PricePlow, they will always notify you when a promotion gets started.

Side Effects

None personally experienced. As with any supplement, discuss with your physician before taking if you have a medical condition or are taking any prescription medications. Stop use and discuss with your physician if any negative effects occur. Do not exceed suggested dose. Do not take if pregnant or lactating.

Conclusion

In conclusion, MRE Lite is another well thought out and executed product from RedCon1. They took the successful MRE product and removed the carbs for those who don't want them but kept the amazing taste and effectiveness of the product. This is a different option for those who either can't consume whey or are looking for another alternative to increase their protein intake and/or have an easy meal replacement option to grab when in a hurry. The flavor I received is amazing and the product was effective in the ways I wanted and expected it to be. With the product only coming in the one size tub, that does hurt the value and cost per serving when compared to its whey competitors. Hopefully the brand produces a larger tub if this product is as successful as the original MRE powder is.

Once again, thank you to RedCon1 for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. Your team is really thinking outside the box when it comes to products like this and many of the others you produce.

Overall
Thanks to BPI Sports for sending it out!
  July 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Portability
  • Transparent Label
  • Under-dosed
  • Color Stains

From the brand and product webpage:

REFUEL. RECOVER. REBUILD.

Boost your water with Best Aminos to get extra amino acids to help improve performance, lean muscle building and recovery.

CONVENIENCE

Best Aminos liquid water enhancer is designed to make supplementing quick & easy. Just squeeze it in your water and go!

MUSCLE

BCAAs help increase protein synthesis and prevent the breakdown of lean muscle mass, even while you diet.

TASTE

Best Aminos comes in two great flavors, Snow Cone and Fruit Punch, with zero added sugar and zero calories.

RECOVERY

BCAAs are ne...

From the brand and product webpage:

REFUEL. RECOVER. REBUILD.

CONVENIENCE

MUSCLE

TASTE

RECOVERY

BCAAs are needed after tough workouts so you can continue to perform at your best, day in and day out.

Thank you to BPI Sports for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review some of your products. Today I am going to be talking about BPI's Best Aminos liquid product that comes in a bottle similar to Mio and other water enhancing products. I remember when these were released and thought "Hey, now there's something new to the industry." Aminos that are easy to take with you and no fear about powder being spilt anywhere. Do gains and recovery now come in a portable squeeze bottle? Let's see.

The first thing you will notice about this product is the supplement facts panel is transparent and the content of each amino acid is disclosed. Other BPI products that I have used in the past have always had some type of prop blend listed; so it is nice to see the company changing things up. Bravo for full disclosure!

Per serving (1/2 tsp. squirt) you have:

L-Histidine 12.5mg
L-Phenylalanine 12.5mg
L-Threonine 12.5mg
L-Methionine 12.5mg

Each bottle is listed as having 24 servings (squirts) per bottle. Adding up all the aminos listed per serving, you are receiving 250mg (100mg of BCAAs) per squirt and 6000mg (6g) per bottle. This is almost a complete EAA product but it is missing L-tryptophan as the ninth amino acid. The remaining non-active ingredients are: purified water, citric acid, malic acid, natural & artificial flavors, sucralose, hydrochloric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative) and either red or blue food coloring (depending on the flavor you choose).

In terms of my thoughts on the ingredients, this product seems quite under-dosed when compared to what most people think about when it comes to a serving of an amino acid product. When looking at some common powdered amino supplements, most in the industry have a standard of at least 5g of BCAAs per serving and some brands go as high as 10g per serving. Even many EAA products include a minimum of 5g of BCAAs per serving along with another one to three grams of the remaining six aminos. If I was to use an entire bottle at once, I would only be consuming 6g of total aminos, which is equal to about one serving out of a 20 to 30 serving tub of a powdered amino product. The squirt bottle is very convenient but a 24 to one serving ratio seems like a steep hill to climb when thinking about purchasing this product.

Taste >> I received the snow cone flavor and it is pretty good. The initial taste is very strong and sweet when mixed in the recommended six ounces of water. After some experimenting, I found the flavor to be most enjoyable when mixed with 16 to 20 ounces of water (basically a full shaker cup) or a standard plastic water bottle.

Mixability >> Things don't get much easier when it comes to mixability for this product. A quick squirt into your shaker cup or water bottle and you are basically good to go. The liquid dissipates immediately into the water and one or two shakes are all that is needed for a consistent flavor throughout.

Dosing >> Per the brand, Add one (1) serving (1/2 tsp) into 6oz of water, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner. Warnings: Not intended for use by persons under age 18. Do not exceed recommended dose. Get the consent of a licensed physician before using this product, especially if you are taking medication, have a medical condition, you are pregnant, nursing or thinking about becoming pregnant. DISCONTINUE USE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY. KEEP THIS PRODUCT AND ALL SUPPLEMENTS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

My specific dosing is detailed in the effectiveness section.

Now to the most important part of any supplement, was it effective and did it work as advertised? Sadly this is where the product lost a lot of points for me. I used this product continuously throughout the day for the entire six bottles that I received and was mainly hoping for a noticeable difference when it came to energy, muscle building/preservation and soreness/recovery.

While I had these bottles for use, I never drank plain old water. I would add a squirt of the aminos to any bottle that I was drinking; whether at home, at work or at the gym. The convenience of the squirt bottle made it easy to travel with and quick to add to my water. On my workout days, I would add a squirt into my pre-workout bottle; add another intra-workout and at least one more post workout. Once outside of the gym, I would continue using this whenever I could. In total, I would estimate I was using approximately eight to ten servings per day on lifting days.

On my off days from the gym, I used these aminos all throughout the day as well. Almost every bottle of water I drank included at least a squirt or two of this product. I never tired of the flavor once I learned how much water to use. Whenever I did cardio on my off days from lifting, I always included a few squirts for flavor and potentially an increase in energy, muscle preservation and hopefully quicker recovery. For non-lifting days, I was probably using anywhere between five and eight servings per day.

With all these servings being used, I was going through the individual bottles pretty quickly. Each bottle lasted anywhere from three to five days for me. That quick depletion does not help this product when it comes to the cost and value discussion. I discontinued use of all other powdered amino products during the time to get the full experience from the BPI product. With this product being the only form of amino acid supplementation that I was using, I cannot say there was ever a WOW moment. I also cannot point to any one instance throughout the entire run where this product outperformed any other powdered amino acid supplement on the market other than its easy portability. I experienced no significant or noticeable increase in my energy, muscle building/preservation or improvement in recovery and reduced soreness while using this product. If anything, I think my muscle building/preservation and soreness/recovery was slightly worse since my intake of aminos was lower from using this product exclusively. I believe the lack of results can be attributed to the low dosages of the amino acids in each squirt and for the entire bottle. This product may work better in combination with another higher dosed powdered amino acid supplement but at that point, the only positive this product would have is the squirt bottle convenience and maybe the flavor.

This product can be purchased either as single bottles or in a pack of six bottles. The standard retail price listed on the BPI website for a pack of six is $21.99 and a single bottle lists for $4.49. I have noticed that with BPI products, there is almost always some type of discount code available in cyberspace. They have many sponsored athletes that can be found on social media who have discount codes and the website will often have them available when you visit. The savings can range from 20%-35% off from what I have seen lately (Currently 35% off for this product). Free shipping is available from the BPI website for orders over $49 and they have a 30 day free returns policy.

Some other websites will sometimes have lower prices on this product, such as iherb.com where you can pick up a single bottle for $3.67 currently. They don't have the six pack option available. Amazon also looks to have similar prices to the BPI website. You may be able to save on shipping if you are a Prime customer.

Side Effects

None experienced while using this product. Do note that the artificial food coloring will likely stain your clothes if you happen to get a little wild with a squirt or you get some splash-back when adding it to your bottle.

Per the recommendation of the brand, DISCONTINUE USE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY

Conclusion

So in the end, what did I get from these little amino squirt bottles? Not much to be honest and that is disappointing because I was really excited to try these when I saw them put up for the TROOPer program. The concept is great but the execution in terms of dosing and effectiveness falls short for me. Every time I added a squirt or two to my water, I knew I was in for a tasty treat but I learned not to expect much more from the amino acids included. To put things into perspective from a cost standpoint, my local 99 cents store sells the Mio water enhancing squirt bottles like this and those provide me with the same basic benefit as the BPI Best Aminos did. Yes, BPI's product does contain some aminos while Mio products do not; but at more than double the cost per bottle, I will stick with getting my aminos from better dosed powdered products, buying Mio bottles for a dollar each to flavor my water and save the rest of my money for something else.

Once again, thank you to BPI Sports and SR.com for making this review possible. I enjoyed my snow cone flavored water while it lasted.

9.3
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  June 22, 2018

• Filling
  • Helps Recovery Over Night
  • Not Much Of A Variety Of Flavors
  • Desired Flavor May Effect Price

From the brand:

Dymatize Elite Casein helps keep your muscles supplied with a steady stream of amino acids, the building blocks of muscle. This helps avoid the catabolic state of muscle protein breakdown that begins to happen when your muscles are deprived of the right nutrients. Casein is a unique protein derived from milk that breaks down slowly in your digestive system, keeping you fuller longer and providing a sustained release of muscle-building amino acids. This makes casein the ideal choice any time your body goes without protein for an extended period, especially just before bedtime.

First off, thank you to Dymatize for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. For those unfamiliar, casein proteins absorb much slower than whey proteins, allowing for a longer-term release of amino acids into the bloodstream. Dymatize is known for their high-quality ISO 100 and Elite Whey proteins but their casein seems to fly under the radar in my opinion. Let's see how this tub went for me and if it deserves the same acclaim as the others.

As you would expect from a single source protein powder, the ingredient profile is pretty straight-forward here. Your first ingredient and the vast majority of each scoop is micellar casein. A brief description of this protein found from doing a Google search is: Casein protein is the protein found in the curds of milk and is slowly absorbed by the body. This contrasts to the most popular supplement on the sports nutrition market, whey protein, which is used for its fast absorption rate. Casein has earned the name 'the bedtime protein because it is most commonly consumed before sleep to provide the body with a slow releasing source of protein over an extended period of time.

The benefits of casein can be summed up with: Supplementing with casein just before going to sleep, it can be absorbed throughout the night, benefiting the body's needs for protein synthesis over the 6-8 hours of rest. When you are asleep you are not ingesting food or protein. By supplementing with casein before bed, you will have protein in your system throughout the night to increase protein synthesis and help increase muscle growth. This can be beneficial to anyone who is training regularly.

Casein protein ingestion before sleep has been proven to result in an increase in protein synthesis after a workout. Casein protein is also higher in calcium contents and can be a good source of fat loss. If you are an individual who engages in long, strenuous workouts then casein supplementation can be very beneficial for your caloric needs.

The slow absorption makes casein great for night time ingestion. A study done by Snijders et al. (2015) demonstrated that post-resistance training gains in muscle mass and strength are shown to be further increased after daily supplementation with 27.5 g of dietary casein protein consumed prior to sleep. Casein supplementation can further augment the skeletal muscle adaptive response to prolonged resistance training.

Outside of the protein, the remaining amount of each scoop is made up of the fillers which include the flavoring, thickeners and artificial sweeteners. Pretty standard stuff for any type of protein powder; whey, casein or a blend.

As for the macros, those may vary slightly depending on the flavor that you choose. Per scoop will yield you around 130 calories with one and a half grams of fat, three grams of carbs (zero sugar) and 25 grams of protein. The scoop size will also vary slightly based on the flavor but the protein content by weight is around 70-75% for this protein. Another large brand that makes a casein protein similar to this also has a protein content of around 70-75% per scoop. In the end, you are getting your serving of casein protein along with the ingredients to make it taste good. Most people do not want a plain unflavored protein powder, so Dymatize must add those extras for the consumers to enjoy the product with hopes they keep coming back for more.

Taste >> This product is available in four flavors: cinnamon bun, cookies and cream, rich chocolate and smooth vanilla. I was sent the cinnamon bun flavor and loved it! Personally, I love cinnamon and go through quite a lot of it each week. The taste of this protein nailed the cinnamon aspect with the added sweetness you would expect from the rest of the cinnamon roll and icing. No complaints here and I would probably not even bother with the other flavors currently available because this one is so good.

Mixability >> For anyone new to taking a casein protein, don't expect the mixability to be the same as whey. Casein mixes much thicker and often requires more water and arm work to achieve the desired consistency. While most whey proteins can be mixed in a blender bottle without the blender ball, I would recommend using the blender ball when making a casein shake for the best results. Yes, you can get everything mixed decently well without the blender ball if you use a good amount of water but for the smoothest shake without the risk of little clumps; use the blender ball. I did for every shake that I made and each one came out perfect, no surprises. Please note that my shakes were always made with water and using milk or a milk-alternative may produce different results.

Dosing >> Per the label, mix one scoop with 10-12 ounces of your favorite beverage. For optimum results, drink in the evening before bed, in place of small meals, or any other time when steady amino release is desired.

As with any protein product, the effectiveness is going to depend on the individual, how they used the supplement and what their goals are. Personally, this product excelled in the two ways that I used it. The first was when I knew there was going to be a big gap between meals and I needed long lasting energy. Depending on my schedule, I would mix one to two scoops of this protein and drink before my plans. This would keep me full and provided energy without any additional food intake for up to eight hours without any stomach pain or other problems. I did not need to focus on or think about food during this time and my full attention would be with the task at hand.

The second way I used this protein was as it is normally suggested, before bed. If I had some extra protein macros at the end of the night, this was a perfect before bed snack to tide me over. No problems with digestion during the night and I would not wake up the next morning with hunger pains or the feeling that I needed to eat right away. With the sweet taste, this product was also effective at knocking out any sweet tooth craving that I would have after dinner. Instead of reaching for candy, ice cream or a baked cinnamon roll; a scoop or two of this worked out perfectly.

In terms of building muscle or losing fat while using this product; those aspects are determined by many other factors in a person's life and no protein supplement should make or break one's progress. Did this product help me build muscle? Possibly, or at least it helped me maintain my current muscle mass because it helped make sure my protein intake was met each day. Did this product help me lose fat? Again, possibly or at the very least it helped me maintain my current status. I could also make a case that it was effective at keeping me from gaining weight because it replaced unhealthier sweet snacks at night that are just full of sugar, fat and carbs with little to no protein.

This product comes in multiple flavors and two tub sizes. The smallest size is a two-pound tub that can be found online for around $27 at the current time (AllStarHealth.com). This size tub gets you about 26 servings. As with most proteins, the flavor can sometimes change the price and/or be on a special discount. The other size available is a four-pound tub, which the same website currently has listed for $45. This size tub gets you about 51 servings. If you want a specific flavor, you may have to pay a little bit more at a specific retailer if the lowest cost one is out of stock or does not carry the flavor you want.

**Please also note that Dymatize recently went through a re-branding of their products and some products with the older labeling and possibly different formulas/ingredients are still on the market. The older packaging used black containers while the newest products are white and blue. As retailers work to clear out the inventory of the older label products, you may be able to find an excellent clearance deal on those. Just pay attention to the listed best by dates for the previous versions.

Side Effects

None experienced. While casein does not digest as quickly as whey, I did not experience any stomach issues while taking it. There are very few carbs and no sugar listed for each scoop, so I can only assume the lactose content is low or non-existent.

Conclusion

In the end, Dymatize's Elite Casein turned out to be everything I would hope and look for with this type of protein. The flavor was great and something I could drink on a continual basis. I do hope they come out with some more exotic flavors in the future to compete with the other big brands in this category. Only four flavors does not leave much room for change. The effectiveness in the two ways that I used this product was as expected and helped me achieve the desired outcome I was looking for. The price is in-line with the current market for casein protein from the big, reputable brands. With no negative side effects experienced; overall, we have winner with this product if you are looking into supplementing with casein protein. Once again thank you to Dymatize for sending a tub out to me for this review.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  June 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Multiple Flavor Options
  • Non GMO
  • Great Macros
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • Desired Flavor May Effect Price

Update 6/5/2018

VMI Sports just announced that this product will be available in a larger 70 serving tub along with the 25 serving tub that I reviewed. This announcement greatly helps the value per serving for this product when purchased directly from the VMI website.

From the brand:
ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate is the industry's first 100% cold pressed & filtered whey protein isolate formula to fuel muscle growth, recovery, and hydration.

Update 6/5/2018

From the brand:

Thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to run and review many of the products that the company produces. My thoughts in this review are going to be on their whey protein isolate product ProtoLyte. Not only is this protein a lean and clean formula, it also has some added extras to improve your hydration. As many of us know, a dehydrated lifter or athlete is not going to be able to perform at his or her best. Gains and hydration, could it be dream come true?

The ingredient profile for ProtoLyte is simple and short, which is a great attribute to have with a protein powder in my opinion. First, as expected, is the whey protein and VMI uses a non GMO cold processed whey protein isolate (WPI). In the protein world, this is one of the best forms of whey that any product can use. No heat or chemicals have been used to separate the protein from the carbs and fats that do not belong in a product like this.
After the protein, all that is left is the flavoring/sweeteners along with a thickener and the digestive enzymes. An approximately 29 gram scoop yields 25 grams of protein, leaving just of four grams of fillers and non-active ingredients, which is a fantastic ratio in my opinion. When buying a protein powder, I do not want to pay for fillers when the purpose is muscle building protein. There are some proteins on the market where 40%+ of the tub is filler but not here!

Lastly, you have some additional added TRAACS and Albion registered hydration ingredients. These are included for "superior hydration and performance" according to the brand. Some people may get their daily value of these ingredients from the food they eat but for those who don't, a scoop or two of this protein will help you meet your goals.

Taste >> After looking at the VMI website to see which flavor options are available and with all of them sounding good to me; I left it up to the rep to choose the flavor to send. I received the vanilla peanut butter flavor and it was fantastic. Normally brands go the chocolate peanut butter route and one of the flavors usually overpowers the other. This was a nice change of pace with the vanilla and peanut butter flavors being equal. It was unique and awesome with no problems taking down an entire tub of this flavor while not getting bored with the taste.

Mixability >> Needless to say with the minimal ingredients list and high-quality whey protein used for this product, there was no issue with mixing. I always used a shaker cup with water and no blender ball. Ten seconds of shaking produced a completely mixed ready to go drink. No clumps, nothing on the sides of the shaker and nothing that settled to the bottom.

Dosing >> As with most protein powders, the dosing is left up to the individual and how additional protein will fit their lifestyle. This was a perfect option for taking post workout because of the high-quality protein and how easy it was to drink with the amazing flavor. The brand recommends one scoop in eight ounces of liquid.

As with dosing, the effectiveness of a protein product can only be determined by the individual using it. If the food you typically eat does not contain a lot of protein, this product will be effective at increasing your intake. Or if you are a person who has trouble consuming enough whole food to meet your goals, this product will be effective at allowing you to quickly consume some protein and calories without using up too much volume in your stomach.

With the macros being almost pure protein with less than one carb and no fat, this product was effective for me if I needed to fill some protein macros at the end of the day but did not have any carbs or fat leftover. My favorite snack at night if I had the macros available was to add a scoop or two of this protein into a Nutra Bullet along with some ice and liquid to produce a home-made frosty. This was effective at satisfying any sweet tooth feeling that I had.

No issues with digestibility either. There is no lactose in each scoop of this product because of the high-quality protein used but they still added some digestive enzymes for those that might be extremely sensitive. I usually only see these enzymes is whey concentrate products and those with lower quality protein blends, so it was a nice little bonus to see some included here.

At this moment, All Star Health has the lowest retail price for a tub of this protein at $34.99 with a choice of only three of the flavors. In terms of total cost, that website charges a flat $5.95 shipping rate. You can also find this product on Amazon in certain flavors for $39.99, including free shipping. If you want the option of being able to choose from all the available flavors, the only consistent place to go would be VMI Sports' website, where each tub retails for $49.99. Shipping is an additional $7.99. They do offer a 20% military discount. Each 1.6 pound tub will get you 25 scoops though, almost a month if used once per day. They just released information on a larger 70 serving tub that is listed on the VMI website for $89.99.

Side Effects

None experienced. Just sadness when the tub is gone. Lactose free with added digestive enzymes, so not much fear of gas or bloating for most of the population.

Conclusion

To wrap things up, this product is a superior whey protein isolate with some added extras that puts it over the top of others on the market. I would have never thought about having a protein with added minerals and electrolytes for improved hydration but now that I have experienced this product, I wish other brands would follow in VMI Sports' path. The taste of the flavor I received was amazing and the product made a perfect supplement to my training and lifestyle. There may be some sticker shock when a person first looks at the price and the size of the tub, but some research will show that VMI Sports is in the same ballpark as other similar high-quality isolates (lower price than some, higher price than others). And in my opinion, they stand out amongst some because of the multiple flavor options that are available. Some of the other comparable isolate products only have the standard chocolate and vanilla flavors available. If you are a whey protein isolate person who is tired of the same old brand/flavors that you have been using, take a look at this product from VMI Sports for a change to your taste buds. Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. You have hit a home-run with ProtoLyte!

2.0
Thanks to Alcyon Health for sending it out!
  May 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Available On Amazon
  • Under-dosed Ingredients

From the brand:
ErosVigor - LiquidCap Sexual Enhancement & Performance Supplement for Men & Women. This one is for the overachievers. That extra rep at the gym. Round two beneath the sheets. We believe in optimizing your body - to be stronger, to perform better, to last longer - and with ErosVigorTM, we can help you get there. ErosVigorTM is an all-natural performance supplement designed to bring out the very best in you. Our blend of amino acids and plant-derived ingredients is specially formulated to maximize sexual performance, increase strength, and provide you with long-lasting sustained energy.

First, thank you to Alcyon Health for participating here on SR.com and sending me out ErosVigor to try and review. I have seen this product listed in the TROOP vault for quite a while and decided to pull the trigger and give it a go. Who couldn't use some added performance in the gym, in the bedroom and throughout your day? Lately, my energy levels have been low with sporadic motivation to go to the gym and lift. My libido, stamina and performance could all use a kick in the a$$ and I am hoping this product provides it.

The ingredient profile is simple and straight-forward for this product. Four ingredients with fully disclosed doses in one capsule.

Yohimbine HCL - 5mg

Naturally-derived from the African yohimbe tree, yohimbine supports vascular health by increasing blood flow studies find yohimbine to be an effective treatment for erectile disfunction studies also indicate that yohimbine may support fat loss by increasing the body's metabolic rate.

L-Arginine Ethyl Esters - 250mg

A versatile amino acid, l-arginine EE gets converted into nitric oxide in the body, essential for vascular health and arousal. it also supports muscle growth, recovery, and healing scientific studies show taking l-arginine improves sexual performance among men with low nitric oxide levels.

L-Carnitine Base - 430mg

Also known as vitamin BT, l-carnitine is the amino acid responsible for converting fat into energy studies show l-carnitine increases sexual response and arousal.

Niacin - 20mg

Otherwise known as vitamin B3, niacin is an effective vasodilator, improving blood flow in the body when taken in combination, l-arginine, l-carnitine and niacin are effective in the treatment and prevention of erectile dysfunction.

As you can see, this product contains ingredients that many of us are familiar with because they can be found in other products like pre-workouts or fat burners. In terms of the dosages, I am happy with the Yohimbine amount because too much of that ingredient can ruin the entire product. Many people try to avoid Yohimbine at all costs because of the negative side effects associated with taking just a little more than your body can handle. As for the L-Arginine and L-Carnitine doses, those seem low when compared to the amounts we typically see used in pre-workouts or fat burners. Knowing this is a different type of product and being in a category that I have not used before, I will give the company the benefit of the doubt for the dosages that they choose. Lastly, we have Niacin (or B3) which is quite common in supplements and this product includes 100% of your daily value. For anyone low in this vitamin, this product will provide an added insurance policy to your regular food intake.

Taste >> Product is in capsule form, nothing to taste.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to report here. Open the tub and pop a capsule.

Dosing >> Not much information is provided by the brand for dosing other than take one capsule daily. No recommendation on time of day or specifically before training or when sexual activity is expected. Since there are no stimulants in this product, you could take it any time of day. Just be cautious of the Yohimbine and how your body reacts to that ingredient.

Since this product did not give any specific times to consume the daily dose, I decided to start taking my one capsule in the morning when I woke up. I followed this dosing protocol for the first seven to ten days of taking this product. During that time, I felt no effects or improvement in my energy levels, stamina, libido or sexual desire. My performance also did not change when it came to my morning cardio or my weight training sessions later in the day. Not even the dose of Yohimbine was felt during this time.

For the next seven to ten days, I decided to move my dosing into the afternoon. This was after my morning cardio and when my body and mind was more awake and functioning. This change in time also moved the dosing closer to my weight training sessions, which I was hoping would have a more pronounced effect on my lifting. Sadly, this was not the case and much like the morning dosing protocol, nothing was felt or noticed compared to when I wasn't consuming this product. My energy levels, stamina, libido and sexual desire were unchanged and still low.

I then decided to up the dosage and consume two capsules per day. One in the morning upon waking and another in the afternoon. While the product recommends only one capsule daily, I didn't want to just keep consuming the product and seeing no effects when there were other options to try. Since the label is fully disclosed, I felt confident in being able to increase my dosage and not experience any side effects. While that was true, I also did not experience any benefits from doubling the dosage of this product. No added performance boost in the gym or the bedroom. Libido and stamina stayed the same throughout the entire tub. No change in blood flow noticed or felt during training or when doing other activities *wink wink*. Everything in my body felt the same throughout all the experimentation with this product while I had it.

At this time, it looks like you can purchase this product either directly from the brand's website or from Amazon for $32 per 45 capsule tub. Going through Amazon does include free shipping as does the brand's website for standard delivery time. You can upgrade to expedited or priority shipping for either an additional $5.00 or $10.00.

Side Effects

None to report. Does contain Yohimbine, so be cautious if that ingredient causes side effects for you personally.

Conclusion

In the end, this product was just a pretty looking capsule inside a white tub with other similar looking pretty capsules. The ingredient profile was fully disclosed, which is always a plus for me. I did not experience any side effects, even with doubling the recommended dosage. Other than that, there is nothing positive I can report from using this product. As I mentioned in the ingredient profile section, the doses of the Arginine and Carnitine seemed low but I wanted to give the company the benefit of the doubt for a product in this category. After using an entire tub, I am left wondering if higher doses of those ingredients would have provided some effectiveness to this product for my body. Unless this gets reformulated, I will never know because I would not purchase it with my own money. Thank you again to Alcyon Health for being a part of SR.com.

Overall
Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
  May 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Widely Available
  • Pill Form
  • Value Per Serving
  • Spotty Effectiveness
  • Artificial Colors

From the brand: "Olympus Labs Amnes1a - Multifaceted Sleep Aid & Improved Mood! Increase Quality Of Sleep & Decreases Levels Of Stress! Sleep Like A Demigod Or Demigoddess!"
Claims made by the brand for this product include:

-Sleep like a Demigod or Demigoddess
-No Withdrawals Or Unwanted Side Effects
-All Natural Approach In Sleep Optimization With Key Synergistic Ingredients
-Fueled by KannaEase

First off, thank you to Olympus Labs for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I decided to give this product a try because my main battle with recovery and progress in my training is sleep. I have issues most nights with falling asleep and staying asleep throughout the entire night. As many gym-goers and athletes know, if your body is not able to rest and repair, then you probably will not be able to make progress in your training. And who wants to be stuck in a rut? After trying some other sleep supplements with sporadic results, I decided to see what Olympus Labs has to offer. This is my first product that I have tried from this brand, so let's see how it went.

Information provided by the brand:

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Sake Yeast) - 500 mg - Research has indicated that this type of yeast contains a high number of adenosine analogues. Adenosine does a number of things in the body, but one of its primary functions is to maintain balance between the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adenosine supports a good night's sleep and stimulates levels of GH. The stimulation of this powerful hormone is one of the things that sets Amnes1a apart and makes it a potent anabolic formula as well as an effective sleep aid.

Dioscorea Pseudojaponic (Dioscin) - 300 mg - Dioscin originates in Wild Yam and Sarsaparilla (also known as Smilax) and is a natural steroid that stimulates GH release, which, as indicated above, takes this formula from being a sleep aid and makes it a serious muscle builder.

Valeriana Officinalis (Valerian Root) - 450 mg - This herb has a long history of use as a relief to anxiety and as a natural sleep aid. Valerian contains three active ingredients: Valerenic Acid, Valenol, and Valepotriate, with Valerenic Acid being the most important in this case because it attaches to GABA receptors, which help your mind and body relax so you can fall asleep faster and sleep through the night.

Passionflower Extract - 300 mg - This is another herb that can increase levels of GABA, which promotes feelings of relaxation. Passionflower is a standard ingredient in many natural sleep aids as well as having an extended use in traditional medicines as a remedy for various sleep disorders.

Melissa Officinalis (min 5% rosmarinic acid) - 300 mg - This is more commonly known as lemon balm and has a long use in traditional medicinals as a remedy for sleep disorders. It's a regular ingredient in many herbal sleep formulas because it can reduce stress and promote relaxation and it's included here due to its proven effectiveness.

L-Theanine - 100 mg - This amino acid shows up most often in high stim pre-workouts because it smooths out the effects of the sometimes extreme caffeine/stimulant blends. Why is it here? It can help the mind relax so you can the sleep you need.

Kanna Ease Sceletium Tortuosum - 25 mg - A mind that's racing with thoughts is not the way to get to sleep. Kanna Ease is an herbal extract that acts as a stress reducer and as a remedy that will calm the mind. Initial studies on this ingredient have shown that it has additional cognitive benefits and promotes a positive sense of well-being, but its function here is to work synergistically with Theanine as a mental relaxant.

Melatonin - 3 mg - This is a well-known sleep aid that, in its natural state as a hormone in the body, has a primary role in the regulation of the body's sleep/wake cycles. Adding this into the Amnes1a formula means it will help you achieve the correct amount of sleep for you as well as help you fall asleep easier.

Magnesium - 133 mg - This essential mineral is needed in order for your body to function normally. People that are magnesium deficient will experience restless sleep and wake up frequently throughout the night. Normal levels of magnesium help you achieve deep, restful sleep without constantly waking up because it supports normal levels of GABA, the neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation and sleep. Additionally, magnesium helps control stress and can help reduce levels of the catabolic hormone cortisol - good news for any bodybuilder or athlete!

As you can see, the ingredient profile for this product is fully disclosed, which is always nice and somewhat expected in the supplement industry today. Most of the ingredients in this product are completely new to me and we have a few common ones as well, like L-Theanine, Melatonin and Magnesium. The originality of the ingredients is initially what attracted me to this product; since the others I have used have not produced the desired results.

Taste >> Product comes in capsule form, nothing to taste.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Pop the pills and get ready for bed.

Dosing >> As suggested on the bottle, take 4 capsules one to two hours before bed. Do not exceed 4 capsules in a 24 hour period. Warning: Not intended for use by persons under age 18. Do not exceed recommended dose. Get the consent of a licensed physician before using this product, especially if you are taking medication, have a medical condition, you are pregnant, nursing or thinking about becoming pregnant. DISCONTINUE USE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY. KEEP THIS PRODUCT AND ALL SUPPLEMENTS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

In my battle to relax and get a good night's sleep, I have tried many different methods and supplements and am willing to give almost anything a try. Past experiences with supplements have left a lot to be desired and I am hoping this one is the "magic pill" I have been looking for. Please note that I tried taking this supplement on an empty stomach and with food. The effects listed below were the same for both instances. Most sleep supplements that I have tried say to take the product on an empty stomach for the best effectiveness. This one did not make any statement about taking on an empty stomach in the dosing instructions, so I tried both options to see if one was more effective than the other.

Sadly, after running through an entire bottle of this, I did not find the consistent sleep and relaxation effects as promised. I basically look for two main points with any sleep aid I try. The first is the product's ability to knock me out relatively shortly after consuming it. The second is for the product to keep me asleep through the entire night without restlessness. I am willing to deal with some morning grogginess or fog if the product is effective in those two other areas. That is mainly because my work shift does not start until the afternoon, so I have some time to push through a slow morning if the product causes that.

Unfortunately, this product did not deliver consistently on either of the two main points I look for. In terms of the knock-out ability of this product, there was none. The dosing instructions say to take one to two hours before bed. On many occasions I would still be wide awake three hours later. Unless I was already quite tired from the day, this supplement did not provide a relaxation or drowsy effect for a large percentage of the doses.

In regard to the second effect of being able to keep me asleep through the night without restlessness, this product was slightly more effective in comparison to being able to knock me out. Some nights I would toss and turn a little less compared to previous nights before taking this supplement. Most of the other nights were no different from before; awake multiple times and not be able to get back into a deep sleep. Towards the end of the bottle, I increased the dosage from four capsules to five to see if any of the benefits would be better. Unfortunately for those couple of nights, nothing changed in terms of effectiveness with the increased dosage.

Overall, the results of using this product were inconsistent and mostly disappointing. I wouldn't say it was never effective but there was always doubts when taking it at night whether it was going to help or not. That is the reason I rated the effectiveness a five. A four states it didn't do anything while a six means it seemed like it was working but not much of a boost. It didn't do anything on some nights and worked a little on others, hence the reasoning for my five rating.

It looks like the common price across the internet for a bottle of this is $34.99. Take your pick of retailers from Amazon, A1 Supplements, I'll Pump You Up, Suppz.com plus others. Each bottle includes 120 capsules, which is 30 servings if you consume the four capsules at a time as suggested. If you purchase this from Amazon, it currently has free shipping included while the other supplement sites will charge you for shipping if you do not meet a certain dollar amount threshold.

Side Effects

Outside of spotty effectiveness, nothing negative experienced during the bottle.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I had high hopes for this product because it was something new to the sleep supplement market that I have not tried before. Sadly, Amnes1a did not provide consistent results for me during the product run. The cost, availability and ease of use is all there for this product but the most important factor of effectiveness did not deliver in my situation. The information provided about the different ingredients in this product was exciting and I wish they worked as intended. I did not have any negative side effects while using this product and maybe your effectiveness will be better but this supplement is a pass for me. Once again, thank you to Olympus Labs for being a part of the SR.com TROOPer program and sending me out a bottle of Amnes1a to try.