dknight

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online 3 years ago

Reviews by dknight

January 25, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength/endurance
  • Great Pump
  • Simple But Effective Profile
  • Large Tablets
  • Chalky Tablets
  • Only Saw Real Results At The End Of The Cycle
What's up SR bros! I have been meaning to write this for about a week now so I apologize for the tardiness but I really had to sit and think how I was going to go about assessing this product and here it is. (Side note: I ran this for 4 weeks after already running AD-3 for 4 weeks.)

Taste/Dosing(9): First off there is no taste because it is a pill, so no real score there. As far as dosing it is very simple, 3 pills pre-workout. Not hard. Though the pills were on the large side, but lets be honest if you have taken Animal Pak then 3 pills is nothing.

Ingredients(9): I am not going to...

Ingredients(9): I am not going to spell everything out because this product is not new and the ERs have already done that but for those of you who don't know this is a DAA based supplement with some extra vitamins and nitrates. Simple, easy and proven.

Effectiveness(7.5): Ok so just so we get this out of the way yes I am only 21 years old so my test is already high, and no I did not get blood work done so this is all based on my own personal opinion.

Strength: No major increases in the strength department which I was a little disappointed about. A few pounds were added to my squat and deadlift at the end of my 4 week cycle but really that is about it. I really should have done a full 8 weeks.

Pump: MASSIVE PUMPS!!!! nough said.

Aggression: A lot of people claim to get very aggressive on DAA but I have to say I did not see a change in my disposition at all.

Acne: Not really, I think the acne that I did have was from my AD-3 because it not really increase from the addition of D-Pol.

Weight: I did take this on a bulk and I managed to put on a few extra pounds with its addition to my stack. Though a lot of that should be attributed to diet because I was eating everything.

So with all of that added up I saw some strength gains towards the end of the cycle as well as putting on a few pounds. But outside of that I cannot say how much D-Pol did for me. But again with that said you have to keep in mind I did not get blood work done and I am only 21 years old.

Value(8): You can get a month supply for around $22-$23 and with this day and age we live in that is a good price for just about any supplement especially for something that has as much science behind it as DAA.

Overall(8): I did enjoy my run with D-Pol and I will probably give it another shot when I am a little older if it is still available for a full 8 week cycle.

December 20, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Dry Muscle Gains
  • Heightened Libido
  • Improved Sleep
  • Bonerz Off The Chain
  • Increased Acne
What's up SR brothers! So here is my well past due review of Lecheek's AI AD-3 PCT. I would first off like to thank SSGdimsmash and the guys over at Lecheek for allowing me to run my first log with this great product.

So a little background information on myself first, I am 21, this is my first use of any kind of test booster, and I am currently in the middle of my winter bulk (which is really a lean bulk).

I kept my stack with this very very simple so I was able to tell the exact effects of AD-3. My stack consisted of a multi, fish oil, PWR, ON Gold Standard, and ON Casien.

Now...

Now onto the review.

Ingredients(9): I am not going to go in depth into the ingredient profile since joeflah13 already did a great job of that. But at just a small glance, Testosterone Booster: Androst-3,5, dien-7,17 dione. Liver Support: Milk Thistle. GH Support: Velvet Bean. A very simple, and effective profile.

Dosing(10): About as easy at dosing can possibly get, just take two pills before you go to sleep. That's it, that's all. No crazy amounts of pills, not multiple times a day. Easy.

Taste(N/A): Just capsules so no taste what so ever.

Effectiveness(8.5): So to fully cover all the aspects that AD-3 covers I will be breaking down all the effect into seperate categories.

Sleep(10): I really cannot tell you how much AD-3 improved my sleep. For the past two years or so I have had some sleeping issues, usually not being able to fall asleep or once I do not being able to stay asleep. AD-3 really did improve my quality of sleep, helping me achieve very very deep sleep. As well as giving me very vivid dreams almost every night of the cycle.

Recovery(8): From the better quality sleep I was achieving I did see a small increase in my recovery time, but it was really nothing more then that.

Libido(10): Can you say morning bonerz? But really it wasn't just moring wood, I had an extremely high sex drive all the time while on AD-3. This was a very welcomed effect because I was under an extreme amount of stress from school which was having a negative effect on my sex drive. AD-3 seemed to boost it right back up.

Strength(6): I did not notice much in the way of strength increase from AD-3 alone. Maybe five pounds on my squat and deadlift but nothing on bench or anything else.

Body Composition(9): As previously said I am in the middle of a lean bulk for the winter so the objective for this cycle was lean gains which is excatly what I got. Started my cycle at 192.5lbs and ended at 200.3lbs at roughly the same bf%. I never got my bf% measured but I am guessing I started around 11% and ended about 12.5%. So eight pounds gained and only a percent or so being fat, I'll go ahead and chalk that one up as a win.

Sides: The only negative side that I experience from AD-3 is a small amount of acne on my face and chest but I will just consider this a sign that my test levels were increased.

Value(9): Now I recieved my first bottle for free so you can't get a better deal then that but if you are going to buy one the going rate on lockout is around $25. So that comes out to less then a dollar a day, I'll take that deal all day long.

Overall(9): Outside of the disappointing strength increases most everything about AD-3 was above reproach, great sleep, test boost, and lean size gains. I am now running this with d-pol for the next month and I cannot wait to see what the combination of the two brings for me.

dk

November 20, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Decent Pumps
  • Cheap
  • Increase Vascularity
    What's up SR brothers, I am proud to bring you the latest review by yours truly dknight. So I decided to give PWR a run after reading the review put up by hulk. He pretty much sold the product to me, which is good because I have been looking for a new PWO of choice. So lets begin shall we?

Ingredients (9): I have been told that PWR has recently been reformulated with the DMMA which I could take or leave. I have had both good and bad experiences with DMMA. I however did purchase the old formula so it contained 40mg DMMA. Other then that PWR had a pretty basic formula 300mg of Caffiene, 1600mg Beta-Alanine, a pump blend mostly containing AAKG (which I respond to very well)and a few other goodies but that is the basics of it.

Dosing (10): Very simple dosing here just a scoop about 15min before your workout as with most PWO. The difference here is they mean one scoop. It was rare that I went over one scoop, I had to be really dragging arse to go scoop and a half or more.

Taste/Mixability (7): I got the blue raspberry and it was ok tasting, slightly metallic aftertaste and a little grittyness towards the bottom of the shaker but honestly who cares? Taste and mixablilty is not what sells me on a PWO and if is a make or break category for you then grow up.

Effectiveness (10): This stuff was off the hook!!! With out a doubt the best PWO that I have tried to date. The beta-alanine tingles set in almost the second you are finished drinking. About 15 min later extreme tunnel vision kicks in so you better hope that you are near some weights that you can destroy because that is all I was thinking about. As for enegy I never felt cracked out like I have with other DMMA containing PWOs but I did fell like I had the energy to lift all day and night. All I wanted to do was lift, lift, lift and lift some more. Did I mention that I wanted to lift?

As for pumps I saw some pretty decent pumps from this product, nothing crazy like Nitrox or yok3d when properly dosed but they were pretty solid for a PWO. The effect I was most surprised with was my vascularity, PWR made me extremely vascular more so then any other pre that I have tried. I believe it has to do with the AAKG because I have responded well to it before when I have added it myself but I guess I just wasn't expecting the level that I actually achieved. So yay for unexpected results!

Value (9): I paid around $23 dollars for a 30 serving tub, and with using only one scoop per workout it truly is a full month supply. Great deal in my eyes.

Overall (9): So overall this is probably one of the best bang for your buck PWOs you can get, if not the best. I had great focus, great vascularity, and still enough money in my pocket to buy a $5 footlong. I have found my new PWO of choice.

dk

October 2, 2012

• Amazing Taste
    • Great Focus
    • No Increased Vascularity
    • No Increase In Endurance
    So after the great reputation that Purus Labs has built with D-pol and MM I decided to give their new PWO Condense a shot. I was looking for something new to try and this seemed like a solid choice to try out.

Profile(9): As dosed with 2 scoops
    ATP-Sustaining, Lactate-Buffering, Blood Oxgenating, Mitochondrial Efficiency Complex:
    -5g Betaine Anhydrous

-5g Betaine Anhydrous
    -4g Beta Alanine
    -960mg Nitatene
    -400mg Caffeine

In my opinion this is a very good looking profile, everything is well dosed and it's not a prop blend so you know exactly what is going into your body giving you complete control of dosing. Not to mention that I enjoy the fact that there is no creatine in the profile so this allowed me to fully dose my precious Green Mag while taking this, knowing I wasn't going too extreme on the creatine.

Taste/Mixablility(9): I got the Crisp Apple flavor and it was probably one of the best tasting PWOs I have ever had. Very clean, not too sugary, and was just pretty mild all around. I almost looked forward to drinking it. As for mixablility I put 2 scoops in about 12-14oz of water along with my creatine. It mixed well, never had any chunks though an occasional grain or two would slip by, but that could possibly be solved by the addition of more water.

Effectiveness(7): There were some effects of Condense that I really enjoyed and there were others that I felt were lacking. The energy was great. It was very clean, not jittery, or cracked out feeling probably due to the lack of 1,3 Dimethyl in the profile which was another attribute I greatly enjoyed. The other key effect I experienced was great focus. Within 15min of taking Condense I was ready to lift and that was the only thing on my mind.

The two effects that I felt were lacking was the pump and the increase in endurance. I have never taking a Nitrate based pump product before and it appears that I do not respond well to them. Some people respond very well to them, I am not one of them. I noticed only minor pumps towards the end of my workout and almost no increased vascularity (though I am already decently vascular to being with). Which isn't a deal breaker for me but it is always a welcomed effect. Second and even more disappointing was the lack of endurance. Based on the claims of the product I was really hoping it would help me push through my powerlifting scheduele but I was still finding myself wore down around the same time as usual.

Value(8): I paid about $25 for Condense on Lockout and it lasted me almost exactly a month (changing up between 1.5-2 scoops) which comes out to 83 cents a day. This is not the cheapest or the most expensive PWO on the market but for the clean energy, focus and well balanced profile it isn't a terrible deal (though in my opinion all PWOs are overpriced).

Overall(8): Overall I did enjoy Condense, besides the lack of pump and what I consider to be the empty promise of endurance I really don't have any big complaints It was a good value, well dosed energy booster which is what I am looking for in a PWO.

August 16, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Mix
    • Great Endurance Boost
    • Consistent Strength Gains
    • Little Water Retention
    • Affordable
    • Muscles Appear Fuller
    • Tastes Weird Mixed With Protein
    Alright so here is a review that is well over due. I used Controlled Labs Green Mag for the first time a few months ago after the overwhelming support from the a lot of the expert reviewers and I must say I was not disappointed at all. In fact I can say that I am now off the kre-alyk bandwaggon and now on Green Mags!

I took Green Mag for the first time with a very simple stack because I really wanted to see the effects. I was cycling off pre-workouts at the time and the rest of my stack consisted of Animal Pak, ON 100 gold standard, ON casien, and fish oil. Very simple stack.

Ingr...

Ingredients (10): I was very impressed at the ingredient profile, I am not going to go into an in depth look at what all the ingredients are but I will say that it had a very unique blend of creatine consisting of Magnesium Creatine Chelate, and Dicreatine Malate, along with a couple other goodies which are Betaine Anhydrous, L-Taurine, and L-Tyrosine. So pretty fun profile.

Doseing (10): Pretty simple, I split my dose between pre and post workout. Pre-workout I took half to 3/4 scoop 15 min before my workout, then another half to 3/4 scoop immediately post workout. You can take it all pre or post I just prefer to split it up.

Taste/Mixability (9): I had green apple which I found rather pleasing. It was slightly sour pretty much exactly like a granny smith apple which I enjoyed considering I absolutely love granny smith apples. The only con about the taste is that post workout I would mix it with my chocolate malt protein which was yes my own choice but none the less a very odd flavor. Pretty much sour chocolate, not great. Mixability however was great, no clumps or grittyness that I noticed.

Effectiveness (10): I really had high expectations from all the glowing reviews that I read and it really lived up well. I have tried just about every type of creatine on the market and this was better then everything in my mind, yes even the almighty creapure. I saw very consistent strength gains starting in the third week of the eight week cycle and all the way through. Not to mention my endurance in the gym went through the roof, I wasn't even on a PWO and I just didn't want to leave they gym because I wasn't fatiuged it was great (especially considering I was training for a lifting comp and the though mudder at the time). But what I was most impressed with was the muscle fullness. I would wake up and my arms and legs expecially would look really pumped and dense.

Value (9): I got a 80 serving tub for around $35 which is not the cheapest creatine on the market but it is by no means a bad deal. I'm more then willing to pay a few extra dollars for the best creatine I have had to date.

Overall (9): I love this creatine and have already used it again a couple times since my first experience with it. As I said in the beginning, move over kre-alyk, green mag is taking over.

May 11, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Works Fast
    • Increases Muscle Hardness & Density
    • Increases Recovery
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Little Pricey
    • Dose High To Get Desired Results
    Alright, so with my age at 20 I know it would be pretty much pointless for me to run a natty test booster but I was interested in trying something new and I am quite a fan of USPlabs and their products this seemed like a good choice for me. As state already by other reviews I will state again that this is NOT a test booster. Prime is a natural compound that uses tribulus aquaticus (in the same family as tribulus terrestris) and chebulic myrobalan to keep your body anabolic. This means it is best taken with lots and lots of clean food.

Prime states that it increases appetite muscle ga...

Prime states that it increases appetite muscle gains, promotes dense muscle, increase recovery, and increase strength and I will be adressing my results in all of these categories.

My stack was pretty simple and included orange tirad, fish oil, ON gold standard, and energy aminos (pre-workout). Also note that I was cycling off creatine at the time.

Taste(N/A): Pills, so no taste.

Dosing(7): Dosing is relativly easy but kinda high, USP suggests 2 pills a day with 3 major meals so a total of 6 a day for 6 days a week. Though based on other reviews I ran the 6/9 protocal meaning 9 on training days and 6 on off days. So the dosing pretty must depends on your preference.

Effectivness(7):
    Increase appetite: I did not really notice any increase in my appetite while on prime though that being said I am one of those guys who is hungry all the time as it is so it would be tough to increase something that is already very high.

Increase muscle and strength: Here is where Prime kinda lost me, to be honest I really didn't see any strength or muscle gains. No major increases on any of my core lifts and no real weight gain. Pretty disappointing in that aspect.

Increase muscle density and hardness: This was probably the best effect of Prime, though I didn't see any really size increases my muscles look much more dense and hard especially in my shoulders, arms and legs. This also greatly increased my vascularity which was an unexpected yet welcomed effect. Even when I wasn't lifting my vains were bulging out, even in my shoulders and lower abs. Pretty cool.

Increased recovery: My recovery while on this seemed to increase slightly, usually by about a day. Especially when it came to legs instead of my usual three days of soreness it was cut down to about two with just slight soreness on the third.

Value(5): Now I recieved 2 bottles of 120 count Prime for about $38 a piece so with shipping I was looking at about $80 with shipping. Now the way I ran it each bottle only lasted me about 3 weeks, give or take a day or two. So I got about 6 weeks out of the two bottles. This means that it comes out to $60 a month which is pretty steep for any product, especially one with the mediocre results I saw.

Overall(6): While Prime did help out with muscle density and recovery I did not see the strength gains that it promises so with that and its high price tag I have to say I was not that impressed and will more then likely not be running it again.

February 16, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Body Composition
    • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
    • Prevents Carb Crashes
    • A Little Pricey
    So I have to say I was pleasently surprised by Anabolic Pump. Based on other reviews I looked at before purchasing some people seemed to love it and other claimed to have no effect on them but I was very intreged by AP so I went for it and was very happy I did.

First off AP is a Nurtrient Partitioning Agent known as a SIMS (Selective Insuline Muscle Sensitizer) which in simple terms is a product that takes nutrients from food (in this case carbs) and suttles it to your muscles faster and reduces the amount that turns into fat cells. Meaning theoretically on AP you should both see a decrease in body fat and an increase in muscle size and strenght. Which is of course what we all want, right?

Dosing: Very simple dosing instructions, for the first week take one pill twice daily about 6-8 hours apart and 15-20min before the meal. Then after the first week you are good to start taking 3 pills a day, one 15-20 min before a carb heavy meals which I took as being 40-50g of carbs or more and I did the easy thing and just took it before breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Effectiveness(10): I ran two bottles of AP back to back, so for about two months straight and was more then satisfied by my results. Initially I didn't really notice anything besides the fact that I could eat a ton of carbs without feeling bloated or sluggish. By about the third week noticable body and strength results really kicked in. All of my core lifts have went up significantly over the past two months adding about 30lbs on my deadlift, 20lbs on my bench (which helped me break through a platue, yay!), and about 30lbs on my squat. I know I can contribute most of this to AP because I didn't added anything different to my stack besides it. I ran it with Animal Pak, Kre-alyk, Myofusion, and fish oil which is pretty much my standard stack. As far as weight loss is concered I only lost a few lbs but I know it was purely fat considering my bf% went down from 8.5% to roughly 7%, which is astonishing to me considering the large amount of carbs that I was consuming on a daily basis. There is also a noticable difference in my body composition. The skin around my chest, shoulders abs, and legs look much tighter and they appear more difined.

Side effects(10): There were no noticable sides that I experience. No running to the bathroom, or problems sleeping, none of that. Though I was disappointed to never experience a "food pump" as it claims to give.

Taste(10): Easy, its a pill there was no taste. I know some people complained that the pill as a gross taste but I have no clue what they are talking about, I didn't taste anything.

Value(8): AP is rather pricey, it can range from 35-55 dollars depending on where you get it. I got mine from massnutrition.com for around $37 which I didn't think was terrible but most other places you are looking around the $45 range which is a tad expensive for this product.

Overall(9): Overall I am very pleased with Anabolic Pump, I gained solid muscle and strength, lost body fat and got to eat a ton of delicious carbs along the way!

January 3, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Helps Recovery Time
    • Great Nutritional Breakdown
    • Decent Taste
    • Little Too Expensive
    ON hydrobuilder is without a doubt one of the most effective protein supps on the market today. I took this while I was trying to cut down a little while trying to lose as little muscle as possible and I have to say this did a great job helping to acheive that goal.

Ingredients(10): The ingredient profile is very impressive on this product. It has several different types of protein from fast active whey isolate hydrolyzed egg to slow releasing casein so your body has protein to feed off of for hours after your workout. Along with the different proteins it has 5 grams of high quailty creapure creatine and 13 grams of essential amino acids.

Mixability: Mixes very easily in water, no chunks or gritty feeling. Taste is decent, not as good as some but by no means bad.

Effectiveness: This stuff does exactly what it says its its going to do, just build muscle. I was able to cut down a few pounds of fat using HIIT and ending my workouts with a scoop of Hydrobuilder (which is the only time it needs to be used, otherwise its a waste of expensive protein). Its amazing at only 180 cals you dont have to worry about gaining any weight but you get the creatine to build muscle and the high quaility protein to accelerate recovery time. Exactly what I was looking for.

Value: Now this stuff is expensive about $35 for 20 servings but you get what you pay for. Yes you are going to spend a little more on it but in my mind it is worth every penny. I actually got a very good deal on it, 7 servings at $11 but it was bogo so really 14 servings for $11.

Overall: Yet another quality product from ON. If I am looking to do a lean bulk or just lose a little fat again I will definitely be investing in this product again.

December 26, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Good Results
    • Good Stamina
    • Strength Increase
    • Great Price
    • No Water Retention
    • No Bloating
    • Nothing
    I took SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 when I was on a lean bulk and getting ready for a powerlifting competition. I was competing in the pure division which means Ph and test booster clean for your entire life so I was looking for something that would help me put on some muscle without gaining too much weight, namely fat or water weight.

Personally I am a fan of keeping very simple and clean stacks. I have taken creatine mono before and was happy with the results but once again I was looking to keep bloating down so I decided to give this stuff a try. Along with it I took fish oil, animal pak, jack3d, and myofusion post workout. Worked out about 6 days a week, cardio 3 times a week, and eating between 3500-4000 calories a day.

For those who don't know Kre-Alkalyn is basically mono with a PH buffer. Creatine mono breaks down very rapidly in a highly acidic environment (i.e your stomach) so the PH buffere gives it a chance to break down slower and be dispersed evenly to your body thus minamizing bloating.

Dosing: Very simple dosing just two in the morning first thing when I wake up and broke two capsules into my PWO 30min before lifting.

Effectiveness(10): This stuff was unreal! Now I trained very hard while I was on it and ate very cleanly but I know a large part of my gains go to this supp. I have never gained muscle or strength so easily. I wish I had measured my arms and chest before and after because there was a very apparent increase. Guys at the gym kept telling me I looked much fuller and thicker but still had a dry look. My deadlift shot up from 465 to about 505 in a month, and my parallel squat went from 335 to about 385. I have never seen gains like that before which was very nice considering that those were two lifts I was going to be competing in.

Pumps(8): Now I know that creatine is not really used to give you a huge pump at the gym but I did notice a slight increase in my pump while at the gym.

Recovery(10): Great for recovery, I could power through my workouts without fatiging as much as normal even though I was doing less reps and much heavier weight then normal. I also saw a decrease in soreness which allowed me train back twice a week and boost my deadlift so much.

Value(10): The value on this stuff is great! I got a months supply for about $13 which comes out to about 10 cents a capsule. Unbeatable in my book.

Overall(10): I will never do a lean bulk or prepare for a competition without this stuff again. I gained about 5 lbs in a month between diet and this supp. Saw a great increase in my major core lifts. And even though its not super important I was able to keep most of the definition in my abs. So if you are looking to add a little muscle and not gain a bunch of weight I would say Kre-Alkalyn is the way to go! Hope this helps.

December 10, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Very Effective
    • Unreal Energy
    • Awesome Price
    • Minimal Ingredients
    • Quality/price Ratio
    • Assess Your Tolerance
    Ok, this is my first review on this site so I'll do the best that I can to be detailed and articulate. I have take quite a few different pow's 1mr, noxplode, noxplode 2.0, presurge, and several others and I can honestly say that Jack3d has been by far the most consistent and effective for me. For this past tub my stack was Jack3d, kre-alkalyn, animal pak, hydro-builer (post-workout), myofusion (daily protein), and fish oil. I lift about five or six days a week, doing cardio proabably 3-4 times.

Word of warning for those who are sensitve to stim jack3d has 100mg of caffiene per scoop and 1,3 dimethyl so it is rather strong. Know your tolerance before you take it.

Dosing: I have a pretty good stim tolerance so I would generally do 2-2.5 scoops in 8oz of water with two scoops of kre-alkalyn powder about 30min before lifting.

Taste/Mixability (9): While I do not find taste to be the most important thing about a pre-workout I do enjoy the taste of jacked and I have had most of the flavors, watermelon being my fav. And it mixes rather well sometimes you get a grain or two but there are worse things in the world.

Effectiveness (9): As I said this is probably the best pwo I have ever taken. I always feel like I am ready to tear the gym apart when I take it. Even after a long day at work this stuff gets me pumped to lift! The increased vascularity is very noticiable even if you have a lot of vains already such as myself. I always get a great pump from it even after just a couple of sets. I always see a decent strength increase from tub to tub, nothing shocking of course since it is just a pwo but usually a nice bump up. The most noticable increase I find is usually on my full body lifts such as parallel squat and deadlift. I will attribute that to the monsterous amounts of energy that Jack3d gives me.

Value(10): Jack3d is an awesome value! I find that the average price is between $23-$28 dollars depending on where you buy it and you get 45 scoops per container. In my opion that makes it one of the best bang for your buck products, period.

Ingredients(8): I have to give this an 8 because USP labs give the "Proprietary Blend" amount, not the amount of each product which I am not a huge fan of. But on the other hand I am a fan of how clean Jack3d is. It has very few ingredients listed meaning in my book it is clean, no fillers, and just overall good. Main ingredients are AAKG, creatine mono, caffiene, 1,3 dimethyl, and Schizandro.

So to sum up the review if you are looking for a high stim pwo I recomend this one. I love Jack3d and will continue to train with it.