dk5bdubs

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+23)
  • Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online this week

• 40 Serving Container
  • Great Pump
  • Pricey Depending On Dosage
  • May Be Too Strong

This is my first review here on supplementreviews.com but it is by no means my first go-around with reviewing and using supplements. I've been following along with the reviews posted on this site by so many others and I figured that it was time for me to chime and become an active member in this community. As someone who trains all 7 days per week, I use my fair share of supplements so I know that my experiences can help provide some real-world feedback to everyone else.

The first thing to note about this pre-workout is the label that in...

The first thing to note about this pre-workout is the label that indicates you can go with either 1 scoop (11.2 grams) or a max. of 2 scoops (22.4 grams). The very first time that I tried this, I really debated hard on which way I wanted to go and read a lot of comments from others on what they thought the ideal dose was for them. Knowing my history and tolerance of other pre-workouts & supplements that I have taken, I decided to go right in with 2 scoops. And while 1.5 might be what is considered the "sweet spot," I felt absolutely tremendous taking the full 2 scoops. What I like about this product is that nearly everything is fully disclosed with the exception of the "ThermoFocus Blast." Other than that, I can clearly see what this product contains and how much of each particular ingredient I am getting. And by going with 2 full scoops, I each workout was providing me with 8,000mg of citrulline, 4,000mg of betaine anhydrous, 3,200mg of beta-alanine, 2,000mg of taurine and 500mg of raw coconut water concentrate under "The Truth Matrix." You'll see that this product does not contain creatine so if someone wanted to add this into the mix, they could certainly do so at their discretion.

In addition to the two groups I mentioned above, the product also has the "MaxVo2" matrix that contains theobromine, higenamine hydrochloride and cocoa extract.

Putting all of these together gives you a massive 22.4 grams if you use the 2 scoop serving like I did.

I used the Galaxy Pop flavor. It is not at all overly fruity by any means. The flavor is very subtle but definitely to the point where you can taste what I would call a "blend" of fruity flavors. You really could compare the flavor to a popsicle in that the overall flavoring is similar but again by no means that sweet. 2 scoops, which yields a pretty large serving size of 22.4 grams, mixed in quite well for me with 20 ounces of room-temperature water. I used ice cold water and room temperature water and found that I enjoyed the taste more with the room temperature version. In the 20 ounces of water, I would shake on & off for about 8-10 minutes which is how I normally mix up my pre-workouts. I like to give them enough time to dissolve in the water and that was the case with this supplement. After my shaking period, there were no extra particles floating around and everything mixed in quite well. As I finished my drink, there was no residue whatsoever left in my shaker cup. Using two scoops didn't leave any sort of chemical or overburdening taste in my mouth as I found that two scoops made for a very enjoyable drinking experience.

This is where the product absolutely exceeded my expectations, and by a long shot! I've used a lot of other pre-workouts in the past that have been intended to be muscle-builders and others that have been marketed more towards providing stimulating effects. But I felt that DVST8 offered the best of both worlds and the ingredients that it contained really impressed me as well as how great & clean the energy was that it provided. Two scoops provided quite a hefty dose of stimulants but there were never any days where it felt like it was too much. The energy would slowly start to come over me as I would get ready for my workout and it didn't seem to fade even the slightest bit as I trained. No matter how long my training session was for, I felt the same amount of great energy throughout. I never felt over-stimulated and I didn't experience any post-workout crashes after any of the times that I used this. In fact, the energy lasted me for quite a while after my workout was over and just as calmly as the energy came on, it tapered off in the same manner. As this product contains a stimulant DMHA, some users may need to slowly ease into this stimulant as DVST8 contains more than just caffeine. Many pre-workouts only have caffeine in them, so taking a new stimulant should be something that others consider before going all-in.

When I would compare this to other pre-workouts that I had used in the past, I felt that those others sometimes left me feeling like I didn't have it all "clicking" during my workout. But every single time that I used DVST8, I felt like I was on top of my game and that I was firing on all cylinders in the gym.

The sticking point on this product is how much it costs and the fact that there are not many retailers carrying it in stock right now. And for someone like me who is using 2 scoops, you certainly can run through a tub quite quickly and it can be pricey. But over the years, I've come to realize that you are getting what you pay for and I am absolutely able to justify the pricing for this pre-workout into my budget. I definitely take advantage when this product goes on sale at sites like www.suppz.com but even if I purchased at full price, I still feel as though I personally am getting my money's worth. For those users who might only use 1 scoop, you will definitely be getting more workouts for your dollar.

Side Effects

I personally didn't experience any side effects from DVST8. Considering that two scoops provides you with 3,200mg of beta alanine, some users might experience the tingles that can accompany this supplement. But I've used beta alanine for years and do not experience those tingles any longer. Even with 2 scoops and the amount of stimulants that it provides, I didn't have any crashes after my workouts or any headaches from too much caffeine. I know some users can feel too jittery if they max out with the servings but the full 2 servings for me provided steady, clean energy that slowly tapered off as my day wore on. I never experienced an elevated heart rate or anything of that nature either. 2 scoops suited me quite well and as I never had any side effects, this is what kept me wanting to use this supplement repeatedly.

Conclusion

I'm not sure how many people are familiar with the Inspired Nutraceuticals brand as I know they are a bit "underground" at the moment. But I firmly believe that once the masses start getting their hands on supplements like DVST8 that this will all change. I know building a brand takes time and with a ton of players in the pre-workout category, setting yourself apart from the others is no easy task. But that is exactly what DVST8 has done as this pre-workout tops every single other that I've tried to date. I love the combination of stimulants that this product provides as my focus was laser-like throughout all of my training sessions. And the focus was something that never diminished or suddenly wore off. This was a product that kept my body running at full speed no matter how long I trained and that feeling makes the price point even more acceptable for me personally.