dgm831

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+10)
  • Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since December, 2013

• Primarily Whey Isolate
  • Contains Fillers
  • Incorrect Scooper Size
  • Bad Container
This product is a good budget whey and is certainly something to look into if trying to watch expenses.

I bought 10 lbs for $65 shipped about 6 months ago, so value is 10/10

The vanilla flavor tasted good, not great, but thats because Im picky with vanillas. It was more of a sweet cake batter vanilla than a vanilla bean or a butterscotch vanilla. But it was certainly drinkable and usable for proats, pancakes, cottage cheese, etc..
Taste: 8/10

Effectiveness, well its protein so its effective: 10/10

I bought 10 lbs for $65 shipped about 6 months ago, so value is 10/10

Taste: 8/10

Effectiveness, well its protein so its effective: 10/10

Mixing, This protein mixed great, with only minor clumping but very smooth, especially in proats. Which got me suspicious of its actual protein content because it mixed almost too easily but no stomach problems, no blood sugar spikes, so it seemed legit
Mixability 10/10

Others: I also like that this protein has an added vitamin blend to it. More and more proteins these days are taking their vitamins out of their mix to increase their profit margins.

Negatives:
-The scooper didnt measure to a 34g serving (68g is a serving consisting of 2 scoops)
-The gigantic 10lb bag didnt close because the ziplock wasnt glued on all the way to bag.
-Maltodexterin fillers (to be expected from budget whey but still a negative none-the-less)

I would recommend this protein, I cant vouch for Chocolate or Strawberry but Vanilla tasted fine, worked for me, fit my budget, and help me reach my protein needs in a day.

September 11, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Creamy And Rich Flavor For An Isolate
    First off i would like to say that i did not buy a tub of this it was a sample that came with the Whey Matrix from APW

Anyway, I got a sample of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein Isolate

taste: 9/10 I drank it after my workout by mixing it with 6oz of unsweetened plain almond milk. It tasted very good, though i wish there was more of a peanut butter taste, it was there. It was also very creamy and surprisingly thick for an isolate.

Mixability: 10/10 mixed fine with 6 oz of almond milk in my shaker cup, no problems there.

Value 10/10: APW whey is very cheap and great for w...

Anyway, I got a sample of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein Isolate

Value 10/10: APW whey is very cheap and great for when your a broke college student. like i said earlier though i didnt buy the isolate, it was just a sample pack.

other notes: I dont know if it was the protein or something else i had eaten in the day but about 5 hrs after i drank the protein i had a very upset stomach, the only reason i say this is because i got 2x5lb jugs of the regular Whey Matrix one of them was perfect and the other one was well...(^%$#@

Like i said with my other APW review everything is great, but im just concerned with the seeming inconsistencies of their products, like having one good jug and one bad one, and a sample possibly messing with my stomach.

July 24, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Mixes Easy
    • Powder Clumps Easy
    I jumped on the deal SNS was having 2x containers for $30. I took this pre-workout on days when i use stims (workouts at 5am)

Taste: 10/10 i got blue raspberry, it tasted actually really good! I wasnt expecting it to be though, but good job on flavoring SNS

Mixability 10/10: also mixed really easy, i hardly had to stir it

Effectiveness: 9/10: i would say it worked really well i had better concentration and energy when i used it. It does exactly what it says it does and no big crash or on Crack feeling like some pre-workouts give people

other notes:
    - when i first opened the t...

Mixability 10/10: also mixed really easy, i hardly had to stir it

other notes:
    - when i first opened the tub the powder was clumped like none other. I was told that is normal for nootropics though. so i just broke it up with the scooper and shook it up a bunch which did the trick.
    - when taking preworkout i also threw in BCAAs and Creatine mono

July 10, 2011

• Clumping
    • Inconsistant Product
    This protein was well worth what i paid for (10 lbs for $53 shipped with coupon). With that being said, you do get what you pay for in some cases.

Taste: 8/10 I bought cake batter flavor. It is a little too sweet for my taste but i can deal with it because of how inexpensive it was, plus i was sick of chocolate and strawberry, which at the time i bought this were the only other flavors available (now they have more).

Value: 10/10 like i said above 10lbs for 53 shipped, pretty good deal if you ask me.

customer service: 6/10 I bought the 10lbs, however i Originally only received 5lbs at first in the mail. After Emailing customer service 2x with no response and calling multiple times i finally got a hold of a person on i think the 3rd call. Once i did talk to a rep he immediately sent me an additional 5lbs. So good customer service when you actually can talk to someone.

Mixability: 5/10 this the the one real flop with the protein. Since i had 2x5lb jugs, the 1st one had too much xanthan gum in it because it clumped really bad in a shaker cup or power mixer. But it mixed fine when putting into a blender, oatmeal, or cottage cheese. As for the 2nd tub i had no problems what so ever with mixing. The inconsistencies kind of annoyed me but it was cheap so i cant really complain.