deumcole

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online 2 months ago

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by deumcole

Overall
Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 14, 2016

• Hardness
  • Increased Libido
  • Recovery
  • Some Strength Gains
  • 8 Weeks Would Be Optimal
Shout out and "thanks" to the Spartan Nutrition reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
Each pill (one serving) contains 50mg of Androsterone and a "TestaSorb Advanced Delivery Matrix".
Shout out and "thanks" to the Spartan Nutrition reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
Androsterone is pretty much what you're going to find these days, in terms of prohormones. The stronger and more desirable compounds have pretty much all been banned, leaving very little in terms of variety left on the market. 50mg is a pretty standard dose, but I think something along the lines of 75mg would be better. Reason being, that the reported effective dose range is from 300mg-400mg per day. Given the fact that the recommend dose (according to Spartan Nutrition) is already 5 caps per day, you're going to have to down 6-8 caps on a daily basis. At that rate, you'll whip through a bottle in a couple weeks or so.

DOSING: C
I stated previously, I don't think 50mg is enough. Five caps (at least) spread throughout the day is fine, but again it isn't enough.

EFFECTIVENESS: B
First things first, my dosing protocol. I don't necessarily use a unique protocol, but it certainly isn't what I think most prospective users are accustomed to seeing. With things like Andromax, I'm a big believer in front loading the cycle. That way you saturate your body (as best you can) with the compound, get it to a point where enough of it has built up in your system to start being effective, then taper down as the cycle goes on. In addition, due to some other things I may or may not be taking, past the first two weeks I only took Andromax on days I trained. One reasoning behind that, is to give yourself an easier time coming off cycle, but the main reasoning in this instance was to make the one bottle last as long as it could (I was sent only the one bottle). At the end of all of this, my dosing protocol was a s follows:
Weeks 1 & 2
250mg on off days
400mg on training days
Week 3 & 4:
300mg on training days
Overall, I would say it worked as advertised, just not as well as some would think. The changes in muscle mass and density were barely noticeable, and "alpha male intensity" wasn't noticeable at all. The major caveat here, is that I am on "other things" at the moment, but I pretty much know what to expect from those "things". If I was provided enough for a 6-8 week cycle (a full cycle), I probably would have more positive things to say. But I wasn't, and I don't.

VALUE: F
Andromax runs around $70 for 140 caps, which is enough for four weeks (according to their dosing instructions). However, as I stated before, their dosing instructions are on the low end. Furthermore, even if you follow their instructions, you'll still fall short of an optimal cycle length. It was expensive to begin with, but now it's just ridiculous. You can get "other things" for the same price, and they will work beyond a shadow of a doubt.

OVERALL: C
First-time users might have a better experience than more seasoned users, but in the end it's still too expensive. You'll just end up throwing money at gains you'll most likely lose over the next few months.

Overall
Thanks to Rhino Rush for sending it out!
  September 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Energy
  • Prop Blend
Shout out and "thanks" to the Rhino Rush reps. I liked their energy shots enough when they came out, so I figured I could give their Pre Workout a try.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
The profile itself is good. The ingredient selection is good, and I would only change the "Tri-Creatine Matrix" if I could (just pick one), and really nothing else. The major issue, is that the ingredient profile is still divided up into proprietary blends. I can guess why a company like Rhino Rush would do this, but aside from the "RUSH-RX Igniter" blend, I don't believe there's any real need to use proprietary blends...

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
The big selling point of Rhino Rush (as far as I can tell) is their claim to being "Ephedra Powered". As most of know, ephedra has been removed from all over the counter supplements. Rhino Rush seems to be trying to get ephedra back in some capacity. As with their energy shots, and they're using a different part of the ephedra plant (or a different plant altogether in some cases) to get it into their supplements. The question I had with the energy shots still remains: is it really as effective? Having used the real stuff (via Primatene and Bronkaid) for my asthma, I kind of have an idea what it feels like. Once again, I'm not convinced this version of ephedra (ephedra viridis) works. I mean, maybe if I had syphilis, cuz that's the first use that popped up when I searched the good ol' intrawebz.
The "ephedra" aside, it really isn't a bad product.

MIXING: B
There's definite settling at the bottom. Not that much, but enough to notice.

TASTE: B
I received the "kiwi strawberry" flavor, and I'm not sure it tasted anything like a kiwi or a strawberry. It wasn't bad, though, and enjoyable to a point.

EFFECTIVENESS: B
As I stated earlier, the ephedra bit aside this is a good product.
Energy, pumps, focus, etc. were all good. Whether I used one scoop or two, I was able to experience enough of each category to determine that: A) It was working, and B) That it was good.
It's just that ephedra part
Typically when I use ephedra, I get all the energy and sweatiness but more importantly my breathing improves noticeably. The energy from Pre Workout can be explained by other ingredients, and even the sweatiness can be explained by the "Meta-Therm Matrix". But my breathing never improved, at all.

VALUE: C
The price is high at $40 for roughly 30 servings. That's higher than some products that are better, but it tanks the value in that I'm not convinced you're getting what you pay for: the ephedra. When you miss on your big selling point (in my opinion), the value goes down.

OVERALL: B
At the end of it all, Rhino Rush's Pre Workout is a good product that works. The major downers, though, are the price and the fact the ephedra seems to be a big dud. If they had removed the ephedra from the equation altogether, than I would look at this product in a better light. However, they have not and you must judge it accordingly.

Overall
Thanks to PurAthlete for sending it out!
  August 27, 2016

Cons:
Shout out and thanks to the Pur Athlete reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
Overall a simple profile.
It's about what I expect from a product that touts itself as an "endurance" supplement, while still presenting itself more as a shake than anything. The calories are light (enough), and the proteins and carbohydrates are agreeable (18g and 20g respectively). Everything else falls in line pretty much, and there's nothing that jumps out at you.
The ingredient breakdown is simple, and you find quickly that it is more a whey protein and maltodextrin supplement than anything.

It took a minu...
Shout out and thanks to the Pur Athlete reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
Overall a simple profile.

MIXING: B
It took a minute to get Endurance to mix completely. On the first try you'll get some small clumps that float to the top, but if you shake it again they go away.

TASTE: C
I received the "citrus splash" flavor, which is citrus-y. The consistency messes with the flavor, and on its own is tolerable. However, when used as part of a bigger shake (think pre-workout) the taste fades easily and becomes unnoticeable.

Label claims are as follows:
Continuous recovery
Optimized Hydration
Then you got the name of the product, "Endurance".
Overall I will say it worked as advertised. I typically used one or two scoops pre-workout, and during the hottest days of summer it kept me on pace in my workouts. When the gym is at its hottest, hydration becomes a priority more than anything else. You'll easily go through two shirts within a given workout, and if you're not on top of your hydration you'll get drained quickly. I still sweated a ton, still whipped through clothes like a runway model, but I never felt drained. I liked that.
In addition, the one obstacle I've ran into since I made the jump to geared powerlifting is all the energy spent putting gear on and taking it off. I'm not squeezing into squat suits three sizes too small, but it still thick canvas. When I was using Endurance, I can take my gear off than still have the energy (and want-to) to finish the workout.
At the end of it all this may all be attributed to simply ingesting more calories pre-workout, but I still believe it was a little more than that. Endurance isn't a miracle worker, but it'll work.

VALUE: F
$80 for 26 servings. Ouch.
I kind of got the feeling that all that goodness wouldn't last, and it didn't. I can buy quality bulk powders of whey protein hydrolysate and maltodextrin for a fraction of the price (less than half, in fact). That's a deal breaker, end of story.

OVERALL: C
Endurance has a simple profile, it works, but is way overpriced. Despite the good, I can't recommend this product in good conscious. It is just flat-out too expensive.

3.0
Thanks to Muscle Feast for sending it out!
  August 14, 2016

• Mixes Well
  • 3 Scoops Per Serving
  • Over-priced
  • Under-dosed
  • Underperformed
Shout out and thanks to the Muscle Feast reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: C
Under-dosed as damn near every turn.
Shout out and thanks to the Muscle Feast reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: C
Under-dosed as damn near every turn.
The ingredient profile is simple, and under other circumstance quite effective. You got your BCAAs present, and dosed close to efficacy for the most part. L-Leucine falls short, but not by that much, L-Isoleucine is dosed well above efficacy (according to Examine.com), and there's little to no research for L-Valine. After that, there is nothing but disappointment unfortunately. All but caffeine falls well short of efficacy, and at times woefully short (L-Citrulline for example). Most of the ingredients require at least double what is present to be considered effective, but the 150mg of caffeine per serving makes taking multiple servings at once ridiculous.
On top of all that, there seems to be a handful of artificial dyes present. It's just not necessary to have a "blue flavor" look blue. I'm not a child, despite how I act sometimes.

TASTE: C
I received the "Blue Bomb" flavor, which I'm going to assume is a blueberry flavor. It didn't taste much like blueberry, but it didn't taste bad. That's a "pass" in my book, though not a convincing one.

MIXING: A
Despite the crap above, the lone highlight so far is the ease in which Amino Boost mixed up.

EFFECTIVENESS: C
At the end of the day, 150mg of caffeine will provide some sort of boost. So there's that, and not much else.
The only saving grace, if you will, is the lack of label claims. Amino Boost literally makes no claims as to what it's supposed to do. The Muscle Feast site might provide a different story, but as far as the container before my eyes go Amino Boost doesn't claim to do anything (beyond the name). To which, as stated, it does provide a boost. However, there was opportunity for so much more.

VALUE: F
Amino Boost runs around $20 for a 250 gram tub, which contains roughly 23.8 servings. That's great, but I still wouldn't pay for it. To get the effective does of all the good ingredients, I would ingest an absurd amount of caffeine that would surely have a negative impact.

OVERALL: F
Up until this point, I've had good experiences with Muscle Feast. Looking back, that may be due to the fact I had used bulk ingredients as opposed to their own formulations. Which, in turn kind of makes the woeful performance of Amino Boost even more disappointing. They have good ingredients on hand, and for the most part should know at what doses they work. Shouldn't they? In the end, while boost make me smile, this one does not. I would have been better off sucking on Rock Star energy drinks all day.

Overall
Thanks to Nutra Clipse for sending it out!
  July 31, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased LDL
  • Increased HDL
  • Decreased Glucose
  • Decreased Triglyceride's
  • Intense Flushness
Shout out and thanks to the Nutraclipse reps; a healthy heart makes for a happy life.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
Overall Heart Pro has a good ingredient profile.
The first, and most recognizable ingredient would be Niacin (Vitamin B3). Typically effective doses "occur" around "at least" one gram. The dose provided in Heart Pro is 500mg per pill, which equates to the 1g minimum effective dose when taken properly.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: B
Overall Heart Pro has a good ingredient profile.
The other ingredient that caught my eye was the Natto-whatchamacallitNattokinase. It comes from the Natto (boiled soybeans and other goodies), but remains largely "under-researched". What studies are available, shows an effective dose of no less than 500mg in humans. Heart Pro provides 200mg per pill, which equates to at least 400mg daily (when taken according to directions). It falls short of the effective range, however the lack of information is problematic.
Banaba Leaf Extract is the big puzzler. According to Examine.com, 3,000mg is the effective dose. Heart Pro provides an astonishing 24mg. The caveat here, is that Examine.com's page on Banaba Leaf is marked as "in-progress". So, either more research is on the way, or Nutraclipse herped-a-derp here.
The banaba leaf extract aside, everything else seems to fall in line.

DOSING: A
Heart Pro has a very easy dosing schedule to follow. Two servings are to be taken, one (two pills) in the morning and one in the evening. The servings can be taken with or without food.

Label claims are as follows:
Increases HDL Cholesterol
Increases Insulin Sensitivity
Decreases Triglycerides
Decreases Blood Sugar
Right off the bat there's some conflict, as a side effect of Niacin is an increase in insulin resistance (if taken irresponsibly). However, on a budget I am, so I have no real way of testing this particular claim.
All other claims are tested via blood test. Also, there is one caveat moving forth: I am currently taking some things that may or may not lend to high cholesterol. The impact of these things on cholesterol remains undetermined at best, but it should be noted nonetheless.
Before Test (one weeks before beginning Heart Pro)
HDL: 53
LDL: 116
Triglycerides: 142
Total Cholesterol: 197
Blood Sugar: 88

After Blood Test (taken during final week of Heart Pro)
HDL: 58
LDL: 106
Triglycerides: 130
Total Cholesterol: 190
Blood Sugar: 80

Small changes across the board, but all things take into consideration I was rather pleased.
The biggest obstacle I faced was consistency in my doses and the friggin Niacin flush. I ended only able to take the morning dose, and more often than I wanted to admit, I missed doses entirely. At best, I was able to take two pills once per day. I rarely took the nighttime dose, and on occasion didn't take anything. Couple that with the earlier caveat, is probably why the numbers didn't change a whole helluva a lot. The other thought, is that my numbers weren't all too bad to begin with. I'm either near or within the optimal range in both tests, and sort of stayed there.
As stated, the one obstacle I had the most issues with was the Niacin flush. Whether I took one or two pills, if I didn't time it just right with a meal I as a red and itchy mess. The uncomfortable nature of it lead to the other obstacle I faced: consistency. My daily schedule is sort of flipped, compared to most. I get a late start my day, but I finish late as a result. Tuesdays were typically the hardest for me, as I often wouldn't get home until 10-1030pm.
All things considered, the fact I was able to get some results is a nice surprise. Past the halfway point, I felt like I wouldn't get anything out of it for the aforementioned reasons.

VALUE: A
If a product works as advertised, it can then only be expensive and not overpriced. The asking price of about $50 for a 30-day supply is on the high side, but if all the reviews have shown one thing, it is that Heart Pro does work.

OVERALL: B+
As stated, the reviews have shown one thing: it works. Whether a little or a lot, Heart Pro is effective. The one side effect is manageable if you take Heart Pro with food, but overall there's little downside with a big upside.

Thanks to Pumped Sports for sending it out!
  July 21, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Focus
    Shout out and thanks to the Pumped Sports reps, all the way in New Zealand.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
    Right down the line, everything looks to be in order. All ingredients seem to be dosed at or around the minimum effective dose, and all is fully disclosed and accounted for.
    Looking at the ingredient profile, you get the impression they intended this to be as close to a "one scooper" as possible, as ingredients such as caffeine and Agmapure are dosed rather high (200mg and 1000mg respectively). Doubling the servings become, interesting, but no undoable.
    All in all, I've got little to complain ...
    Shout out and thanks to the Pumped Sports reps, all the way in New Zealand.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
    All in all, I've got little to complain about with Loaded.

MIXING: A
    There is little to no settling in 700ml of water (personal choice), and servings mix up quick. You won't be standing there shaking your shaker cup, looking like a moron.

TASTE: B
    I received the "pineapple" flavor, and it does a good job of getting close. It wasn't overwhelming, and it ball-parked the taste enough to where you understood it was supposed to be a pineapple flavor.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
    It got the job done, end of story.
    Now a days, pre-workout products in general don't seem to be quite as effective as before. Granted, a good product will still shine through, but the grey area is all but gone. Products now either work, or they don't. Plain and simple. Loaded works.
    Energy wise, it's hard to go wrong with 200mg of caffeine, especially if you've already had an energy drink or cup of coffee by the time you've gotten around to working out. I usually have had one energy drink in the morning (usually one of those Starbuck's double shot things), and when noon rolls along energy levels are starting to dip. Loaded picked it up quick and had enough to help me through some trying training days. On the chance I used two servings of Loaded, I was a rock star in the gym.
    Pumps were noticeable, despite not training for them. I've said it before, but a lot of my training revolves around singles, doubles, and triples. Every now and then, I'll take something for 4+ reps. Despite this, pumps came through in whatever way they can. Not a necessity for myself, but always an added bonus.
    All said and done, Loaded works.

VALUE: A
    SupplementReviews.com's price finder-thing has Loaded listed at $34.99 for 30 servings (size I received). As compared to the good products out there I've used, that's about right.
    There's quite a bit to the product, so naturally the price is going to be high compared to most similar products period. Sprinkle in all the trademarks and copyright tags, and the price would seemingly go up. Even so, as stated earlier the price is comparable to other products I consider good, such as Myokem's Nitramine and LGI's Fully Loaded.

OVERALL: A
    I find it hard to give Loaded anything but a top score. Good, transparent ingredient profile, effective, and taste good. It checks off a lot of boxes for me, so Loaded is a go.

Thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations for sending it out!
      June 25, 2016

Cons:
      Once more, shout out and thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations.
      This review is for Mono Pump, their other pump/immune booster product. However, unlike 24HR Pump, Mono Pump doesn't seem to last 24 hours.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: D
      The exact same main ingredient as in 24HR Pump. Only this time, "other ingredients" are rice flour, magnesium stearate, and gelatin.
      Ultimately, my opinion remains largely the same. It's great that there's only one active ingredient, but that can't be all when the ingredient is used in deodorants and to combat herpes.
      At the end of it all, I'm curious more than anything....
      Once more, shout out and thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: D
      At the end of it all, I'm curious more than anything.

DOSING: C
      Again, my opinion remains largely unchanged. Three caps are the recommended dosage according to the label, but their own reps counter that by saying five caps is the effective dose.

EFFECTIVENESS: C
      Mono Pump grades out better, by the slightest of margins. It reminds me of a time in a high school algebra class, where my teacher gave me the "C" grade instead of the "D" grade I really had. It was a high enough "D" that he just went ahead and saved my ass from taking that useless class all over again. Not all heroes wear capes, you know.
      Anyways, unlike with 24HR Pump I jumped straight in at five caps per day, period. I was determined to get something out of this bottle, so I did what I know best: hammer away at the proverbial nail. It might have worked.
      I noticed a pump more than I had at any point with 24HR Pump, but still nothing close to "extreme muscle fullness". I even began getting stupid/bold with dosage, creeping up to six, seven, and even eight caps pre workout. Once again, the differences between each dose were so slight to might not have existed at all, but there was an improvement in the pump.
      As you can probably tell, this is most likely the weakest "C" grade I have ever handed out.

VALUE: F
      Still not good. The price remains the same, maybe one dollar difference between Mono Pump and 24HR Pump, and the pill count per bottle remains the same.
      It's a decent price, but you'll be whipping through this tuff way too fast to get any value out of a bottle.

OVERALL: D
      More caps does equate to better results, but I'm not sure how much better. The price is ok, but the value is horrendous at the moment. You're better off looking elsewhere, which is a bit of a bummer. I was hoping this one worked this time.

3.0
      Thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations for sending it out!
        May 31, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
        • Bigger Users Will Need More Pills
        • Can Be Expensive At Higher Dosages
        Thanks to the Nutraceutical Innovations' rep for sending out 24HR Pump and Mono Pump. This review is for the all-day version of the two, the aptly named 24HR Pump.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: D
        On the bright side, there seems to be only one active ingredient: 650mg of 1-Lauroyl-glycerol, or Monolaurin. However, it's the exact same ingredient in the exact same dose for both Mono and 24HR pump. Whether that's a positive or a negative remains to be seen, however in both instances it is the only ingredient mentioned in the main body of the Supplement Facts table. I found this odd, to say the least. The big difference lies in the "Other Ingredients" portion, where 24HR Pump has a whole host of what I could only discern as "stuff". Not quite fillers, but I'm curious as to why some of these ingredients didn't make it up to the main body of the Supplement Facts, seeing as how some of them are supposed to work towards supporting certain claims the product makes.
        As for the ingredient themselves, they mostly support the claim of 24HR Pump being an "immune system booster." Monolaurin, the seemingly lone ingredient worthy of mention, seems to be "one of the most popular nutrients to assist in combating various viruses." However, these viruses include things like measles and a lot of herpes. Okay. Oh, and it's popular in things deodorant. (http://www.wellnessresources.com/health/articles/monolaurin_a_natural_immune_boosting_powerhouse/, http://www.livestrong.com/article/529477-what-is-monolaurin/)
        All that being said, I had troubles locking down the ingredient responsible for the "extreme muscle fullness" or the "enhanced muscle growth". So

DOSING: C
        Dosing on the label states you can take up to 3 caps, either first thing in the morning on non-training days or 25 minutes pre-workout. However, the reps informed me that 5 caps is where others have noticed results. I don't know if the "others" were beta-testers of other reviewers like myself, but I feel the label should have or should be amended to reflect this new information.

EFFECTIVENESS: D
        Initially I started out at the supposed max of 3 caps per day. I'm a bigger guy, so I figured I should start at the top. Once the note was added to the ER Control Panel, I started taking 5 caps.
        In either case, I noticed little to nothing. I was dealing with a bit of a head cold at the time, but I contribute any success in combating it to the Mucinex and Allegra I was taking. As for pumps, 3 caps yielded diddly squat. At 5 caps I began to notice something, but barely anything to be honest.
        All in all, it was unfortunately a dud.

It's not good.
        Each bottle contains 90 caps, and will cost roughly $32.99, and I believe one other retailer carries it at roughly $30.99.
        At three caps, that $33 for a 30-day supply. At the reported effective dose of 5 caps, that slightly more than two weeks. Even if it did work, that's $60 for a month's supply at least. Since I would undoubtedly need a little more than 5 caps in the future (bodyweight ranges from 265-270), the price is just out of the question.

OVERALL: D
        Top to bottom 24HR Pump just didn't work for me. Maybe I should've been slamming 7 or caps like I did with Yok3d way back when, but that no way to live.

Overall
        Thanks to LiveLong Nutrition for sending it out!
          April 6, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Affordable
        • Possibly Under-dosed
        Ah yes, raspberry ketones. A while ago they were all the rage among stay at home moms glued to celebrity "doctors" on the television, and even among the fitness community to a degree. The hype has died down some, but you can still find companies touting raspberry ketones as the end-all-be-all in weight loss supplementation. However, the keyword there is "supplementation", a word lost on more of us than we would care to admit.

Nonetheless, here is a review for raspberry ketones.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: TBD
        This is a little trickier than I would like to admit.
        This product is, as advertised...

Nonetheless, here is a review for raspberry ketones.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: TBD
        This is a little trickier than I would like to admit.
        This product is, as advertised, raspberry ketones and nothing else served up in the form of 100mg capsules. The tricky part comes in determining if that 100mg is the correct dose or not.
        "There is no human evidence for the effects of raspberry ketones. Studies on rats have used a dosage range of .545-2.18g/kg, which correlates to a human estimated dose of 80-340mg/kg for humans. This dose is very high compared to other fat burning compounds, so for that reason the standard supplemental dose of raspberry ketones for humans is in the 100-200mg range. There is no solid evidence for the effectiveness of the doses listed below. Rat dosages correlate to the following human doses:
        870-3,700mg for a 150lb person
        1,100-5,000mg for a 200lb person
        1,500-6,200mg for a 250lb person
        There is no human evidence for the effectiveness of raspberry ketones. Raspberry ketones cannot be concentrated in the human body the same way they are concentrated during studies done outside the body, on single cells." (http://examine.com/supplements/Raspberry+Ketone/)
        As you can see, there's a rather interesting dilemma. Doses ranging from 100-200mg seems to be the standard, but studies on rats suggest the effective dose for humans may be higher. A lot higher. That doesn't bode well for anybody.

EFFECTIVENESS: C
        At the time I took this to stave off an inevitable weight gain. I was getting ready for a meet, and I was weighing around 250lbs. However, at some 12 weeks out I was already up to 260lbs or so. The weight limit was 275, and I was not interested in growing out of my weight class. I needed to maintain that 260lb as long as possible, and I used the raspberry ketones to hopefully achieve that. Given that I ended up weighing 273lb after a full day of driving and not eating, the jury might still be out.
        As a result, I can't say for certain the raspberry ketones worked or not. This was typical of previous runs with raspberry ketones (from other companies). I really don't know why I thought this time would be any different to be honest, but you got to try, right?

VALUE: B
        The price for one 90ct bottle ranges from roughly $15 to just under $20. Given the fact you may need a lot of this to get any noticeable results, really makes value difficult to judge as well. You may literally need a fistful of pills to get something, but it is offered at the (supposedly) standard dose.
        In any event, $15 is fairly cheap. Given what some of us here spend on supplements, you could sneak it in there no problem.

OVERALL: C
        I still don't know if it worked or it didn't. It didn't hurt things, but I'm not sure it helped. The jury is, without a doubt, still deliberating.

Overall
        Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
          April 6, 2016

Cons:
          Shout out and thanks to the My Protein reps. They graced with with a multitude of products, and for that alone the SR community should at least give them a chance.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
          Simple is the word you're looking for.
          The two main (and possibly only ingredients) are whey protein hydrolysate (from milk) and soy lecithin. It is, as advertised, hydrolyzed whey protein. If you were to get a hold of a flavored version, which is currently unavailable, then flavorings would round out the ingredient list.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
          Simple is the word you're looking for.
          The nutrition breakdown is favorable to most if not all, I would imagine. It's very light in the calories (110kcal) and largely protein (24g) as would imagine.
          No faults to be had, the ideal in my opinion.

TASTE: B
          I did receive a chocolate flavor batch, though the unflavored version is currently all that is available.
          The chocolate tasted like you would expect. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad, and that's fine by me.

MIXING: A
          As is the case with similar products, it mixed right up with ease. In addition, it was very smooth to drink.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
          As with similar products, we're looking at very simple things here: digestion and versatility.
          As life goes on, I begin to realize my stomach is a smidge sensitive with certain things, protein powders being one of them. I'm either no worse for wares, or blowing the place up with toxic fumes. My stomach barely noticed Hydrolyzed Whey at all. That makes me happy.
          Versatility is on point as well. It sneaks in easy to larger shakes/smoothies, goes down easy on its own as a post workout drink, and fits in ideally in between larger meals. I personally would like the calories to be bit more, but most people aren't 265lb looking to add 10 more pounds.

VALUE: B
          The listed price from My Protein is about $70 for a 5.5lb (80 servings) bag. However, as stated in other reviews, there's always some sort of discount special being run. So, it can be had for less.
          While I will say it walks that line between expensive and over-priced, I wouldn't call this over-priced. Given the median sale price provided by Lava, you begin to realize that the price tag isn't so daunting.

OVERALL: B+
          Hydrolyzed Whey is overall a solid product. Simple ingredient profile, happy stomach, and a competitive price are all you can ask for these days. It checks off those boxes with ease and is worth at least one try.