deBruijn

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online today

Reviews by deBruijn

(SR paid for product; FINAFLEX did not participate)
  November 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Clumping

I was not familiar with Finaflex before but this brand struck me as not that bad from what I read. The ingredient profile didn't look that bad but this was hands down the worst pre workout I ever had; awful taste, insane clumping.

36 years old financial auditor trying to balance life with three kids and a busy job. Trying to get in some quality time at the gym in the meantime. When I manage to squeeze in some gym time I can use all the supplement help that's out there. I try different pre workouts all the time, so i can make a pretty good comparison. I received stimul8 Muscle through a bounty program cash out. I normally thank Sr.com and Clipper for the opportunity, but I have to say, this time it's bittersweet

Although the ingredient profile consists of some prop blends, it doesn't look that bad altogether. Not a revolutionary pre workout, but a fairly decent one that gets the job done.

Vitamin D at 1000IU

Muscle Performance
    Beta Alanine (Carnosyn), Creapure Creatine, Peak ATP

Energy-Focus Support
    Caffeine, L-Theanine, Alpha GPC , Theacrine , club Moss ( 1% Huperzine A)

Some well known and loved ingredients, like Citrulline, are missing and ofcourse it's annoying to not know how much of each ingredients you are getting. Are you getting enough of each ingredient? How much caffeine is in there? This bothers me pretty much. The ingredients put together however should provide a decent pre workout. As it turns out they did not.

This tub of Stimul8 Muscle experienced the worst clumping I have ever seen. I even took a photo. The silicon packet was intact. Not sure what was wrong here and if this is normal with this product. It turned out it was probably the taste and the effectiveness that clumped, what was left was a worthless pre workout.
    The worst part was definitely the taste. I am not one to complain on the taste department. If a product works I am not that picky, but this was absolutely gruesome. A bitter nasty medicine like taste with a nasty apple aftertaste.

As you might expect from what you have read thus far, this product lacked in the effectiveness section so the effectiveness section will not be that long. All I experienced was a bit of an energy pick me up similar to a cup of coffee. Focus..pumpnone of the above. I did however spend my workouts with a nasty taste in my mouth. I hope this product came from a wrong batch. I can't be sure because this is the first review of Stimul8 Muscle on SR. It does however get a 1 out of 10 rating at bodybuilding.com. If this is the way this product is meant to be, Finaflex has some serious tweaking to do on the recipe of their product.

The cheapest place SR. shows on the site is Allstarhealth for 24,99 dollars or 0,83 a serving. The product I got is by no means worth the price of a mid-lower range priced pre workout. I found Amazon even sells this product for 17,95 dollar or 0,60 a serving. This still is not worth it.

Side Effects

Nausea, bitter aftertaste.

Conclusion

Unknown with the brand Finaflex before. Stimul8 Muscle has some serious formulation issues. Where this product was lacking in the effectiveness section, the taste and clumping made this a product a will avoid in the future. Let's just hope this was a faulty batch or a faulty container, because this was one nasty PWO. As stated, the silicon package was intact. The container was sealed shut. I overscooped on purpose just to get through this one sooner. Not a good experience at all. Back to a proper PWO.

Overall
    Thanks to NuLivScience for sending it out!
      October 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduced Inflammation
    • Stackable
    • Science Backed
    • Probably Effective At A Higher Dosage

This product seemed to work at times, but on other times it just didn't. The science seems solid (on paper) but I'm just not totally convinced

I am familiar with Nulivscience Astragin and I am convinced this works. It's added to a lot of products and seems to do a good job for me. A good reason to give Actigin a go.

ActiGin has an interesting and unique profile which consists of just two ingredients: a proprietary blend of Panax Notoginseng and Rosa Roxburghii with 100mg of the blend in each pill.
    Panax Notoginseng supposedly reduces inflammation in the muscles and relaxed blood vessels which in turn increases recovery. Rosa roxburghii has also shown benefits for athletes, with enhanced muscle glycogen recovery and decreased post-workout oxidative inflammation. Altough research on Panax Notoginseng is not that abundant, the science seems to back up the claims. The best dose is somewhat unclear as not that much research exists.

Just one pill without any aftertaste.

As stated a bit undecided on the effectiveness. Before posting this review I read some other reviews and noticed the effectiveness seems dependent on an empty stomach. Others seemed to have superb benefits with two pills where the standard dose is one pill.
    I used this product as directed and at times really felt an impressive decrease in DOMs. At other times there was no noticeable effect at all. Could be the dependent on the amount of food in my stomach. Then again I don't like fasted workouts which seems this product is excellent for. Perhaps upping the dose would be a good choice but thus would make this product pretty expensive.

The price noted in other reviews seems a lot higher than I currently found. ActiGin is available on Amazon for just 28 dollars. This does not seem like a lot of money. It's hard to compare because it is quite a unique product. 28 dollars for 60 servings comes down to under 50 cents a serving. When I would be convinced of this product I would happily pay this amount. When you take two pills -which I believe is the way to go- it's 1 dollar a serving.

Side Effects

Bit of a dry mouth, nothing big

Conclusion

A unique product backed by decent science. Not convinced though. I think upping the dose to two pills would provide decent results. Perhaps I will give this a try. At the recommended serving of one pill I am undecided on the effectiveness. For fasted exercise this would probably work.

October 9, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fat Reduction
    • Exotic Ingredients
    • Good Thermo Effect
    • Leaner More Defined Look
    • Stim-Free
    • Cool Looking Bottle
    • A Little Expensive
    • Might Be Expensive To Some

Trying some Myokem products from the Troop program recently and yet to be disappointed. Thyrovate is legit again, although Neco Adipem showed better results on the scale.

I have tried different types of non stim fat burners in the past. Some with results and some without any. Thanks to Myokem for supporting the TROOPs . I have been trying to reduce my body fat in the recent past. Two new kids put a big dent in this ambition.

I tried Neco Adipem recently which I absolutely loved. I was curious how Thyrovate would stack up against this produt.

Fellow Troops like Darkman did an excellent job on the ingredient section. I added some of my own knowledge. Overall an excellent combination of ingredients that prove the help with fat reduction or show great promise. Most importantly properly dosed.

Japanese Mugwort Extract (300mg)
    Shown to exhibit weight loss in mice while consuming foods high in fat. 300mg seems an excellent dose for a 200lbs person.

iFAS503 (250mg)
    This is a patented combination of Green Tea, Tuber Fleeceflower, and Parasitic Loranthus. Green tea does a killer job in the weight loss and anti carcogenic department.

Olive Leaf Extract (200mg)
    Olive leaf extracts are a natural boosters of the thyroid hormone. The high oleuropein content helps to lower cholesterol and also regulate glucose levels. Seems to benefit in fat reduction. In the worst case you have some protection against high blood pressure and a good skin.

Weak Jumby Pepper (140mg)
    This has been shown to exert strong lipolytic properties. One study showed it to be 20 times stronger than caffeine at stimulating lipolysis.

Sensoril Ashwagandha Extract (125mg)
    Sensoril is the patented form of Ashwagandha extract. Ashwagandha is a "feel good" herb that helps eliminate anxiety and stress. Reduces Cortisol and has many other benefits. Look them up, quite amazing product. I use them as a standalone most of the time. Can interfere with some forms of anti depressants (MOAI), so be careful.

Paradoxine Grains of Paradise Extract (80mg)
    Research has shown that grains of paradise extract may significantly increase energy expenditure and accelerate the loss of brown adipose (fat) tissue. I read that grains of paradise can increase body temperature which I definitely experienced.

Wakame Extract (20mg)
    Basically sea weed. Eaten as a salad in Japan. Research has shown that wakame improvescarbohydrate metabolism.

Bioperine (5mg)
    Absorption agent fairly standardly dosed.

No taste. Two pills in the morning and two in the evening. Love the design of their packaging. Makes it look like a legit medicine with those black pills.

Well, this product was definitely effective. I lost some weight and my body fat % dropped a bit without any noticeable adjustments to my diet. What was most notable was the increase in body temperature. I think this were the grains of paradise at work. Never had a product with them before. Actually love it to feel a product working. I understand sweating profoundly like a pig can cause some unwanted attention, but Thyrovate just gave that bit of heating up as this product is supposed to do. Just don't forget to bring your towel to the gym, cause the sweating increased for sure. I lost about 1,5kg in body weight and 0,4% in bodyfat which is not bad but not amazing. I should note however that I ran Neco Adipem before, so the easy kg's were already gone. Before I started taking Thyrovate I actually hit some sort of platform so this came just at the right time.

Thyrovate is available on Myokem's website for 49,99 usd. Amazon currently sells for 39,99 usd. For a non stim weight loss product that actually works this is quite a fair price. I feel however that 49,99 is just a bit too much. For 39,99 I would consider buying this product.
    Again with Myokem the availability is limited. On the other hand, everybody can order from Amazon.

Side Effects

No side effects. Just some sweating, suck it up.

Conclusion

Myokem just delivers good products. The availability is not that good and their products are not cheap. But.you get value for your money which is not always the case in this industry. Quality stuff which I would use again.

September 19, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Promising Science
    • Cool Bottle
    • Great Pumps
    • Increased Appetite
    • No Side Effects
    • Great Vascularity
    • Some Dry Mouth

Trying some Myokem products recently and was never disappointed. Magnitropin is one of the good ones but from past reviews I expected even more. Guess this is a case of managing expectations. After all, this is a natural test booster, not a pro hormone. Overall one of the best test boosters I have tried.

I h...

I have tried different types of natural test boosters In the past. Some with success, some without.
    When Magnitropin appeared in the Troops program I couldn't wait to give it a try. I have read very positive reviews on SR before. The lack of availability of Myokem products caused me to not purchase this myself. I wanted to buy some Myokem products before but they were sold out on online stores and not widely available overall. Huge thanks to Myokem for letting me run this product.

As a EU resident, the EU program has some drawbacks where the biggest one is that many brands do not ship products which is understandable. Some brands like Myokem do, which is great. What's also great is that the ingredient profile is extensively written down in reviews by US members who received there products 1-2 weeks before I did ;) Good job Muscleman100..Darkman and others.

1.45g PAEDERIA FOETIDA EXTRACT: Paederia foetida is a plant that goes by various names, including Chinese fever vine, and is the best test booster. Has antioxidative and antiinflammatory properties which is always a plus. One study suggests testosterone increasing properties

300mg CISTANCHE DESERTICOLA EXTRACT: Cistanche deserticola extract has been found to improve muscle recovery, strength, and endurance.

300mg GENTIANA LUTEA EXTRACT: Gentiana lutea extract improves your digestion while stimulating your appetite, encouraging greater food intake to fuel growing muscle mass.

102mg EPICATECHIN: Studies suggest that epicatechin has been found to increase your resistance to fatigue and can effectively promote muscle growth and increased strength by stimulating muscle protein synthesis.

7.5mg BIOPERINE BLACK PEPPER EXTRACT: Black pepper extract is a potent source of piperine which allows supplements to spend the right amount of time circulating in your body.

As with most natural test boosting ingredients, research is somewhat ambiguous or needs more research. I normally break down my reviews by comparing amounts of mg to researched amounts to spot underdosed ingredients. Because of the lack of scientific research in humans on the ingredients this is not possible for this specific ingredient panel. Myokem chose to go with ingredients that show promise; The ingredient profile is well designed. More and more products contain epicatechin which seems to product some results. Magnitropin uses a fair amount.

No taste. Three pills in the morning and two in the evening.

This products was effective in some aspects in the test spectrum. I read some reviews and noticed the effectives I experienced was in line with other reviews, but not with all. I especially experienced an increase in appetite and ate quite a bit more. Definitely dug in my protein bar supply a lot. The most pronounces effect came in fuller muscles and especially vascularity. Darkman compares it to "a newbie using creatine for the first time, just without the bloat". I think this perfectly describes the effects..with some added vascularity. I even noticed veins in places I never have, like on my shins. And some (minor) increased strength. What I found to be great about magnitropin was the lack of side effects. I have tried some other test boosters in the past and I am one of the biggest fans of Arimistane as an ingredient. Arimistane however causes joint pains. Magnitropin caused no side effects at all. Overall I do think I think Armistane based products provide better results in muscle hardening and a leaned out look.

Magnitropin is available on Myokem's website, Amazon for 55 dollars or just under 2 dollars a day.I think BPN carries Magnitropin but currectly sold out. This is not cheap but with Myokem you are getting a quality product. I still find it odd that such a reputable brand with such high quality products is not available at more places. I get that a lot of consumers would rather go for any cheaper alternative, but as consumers get more and more informed (like from Sr.com) I think the willingness to pay a premium for quality products increases. Myokem competes in this high quality segment of the market and I strongly believe they could benefit from greater availability.

Side Effects

No real side effects. I read some other reviews and was quite surprised not to read that no other Trooper experienced a dry mouth. Especially in the first week I had this a lot.

Conclusion

Another great product from Myokem. It is weird to state I was slightly disappointed after proof reading my own review, but past reviews on Sr.com were so raving I guess I expected even more. Overall a big thumbs up for one of the better test boosters out there.

August 28, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Increase Endurance
    • Better Hydration
    • Well Dosed
    • Broad Ingredient Profile
    • Lots Of EAA

Myokem wins the BCAA/EAA game in every way possible. A high amount of amino acids, time released leucine, hydration, astragin.you name it. Only real small downside is the availability

I always add some BCAA/EAA product to my standard stack. Amino Acids protect against muscle breakdown, repairs muscle tissue(reduces DOMS) and is well used as an intra to fight muscle fatigue. I was looking to buy some Myokem products before, mostly seeing the good reviews on SR.com, but the availability was a bit of a problem. I have been trying some EAA products in the recent past. Started with Redcon1's Grunt which was a very nice product. Primeval EAA max topped this but mTor outshines them both.
    Huge thanks to mTor for letting me run this product.

Reaper61 just recently posted a very nice review and listed the ingredients.
    one scoop is 13.7g

Instantized BCAAs
    2.5g leucine
    1.25g L-isoluceine
    1.25g valine
    Time Released Leucine 3g (Active-TR)

EAA's

Hydration Matrix
    Taurine 1g
    Potassium gluconate 150mg
    Sodium Chloride 75mg

As mentioned in the introduction the ingredient profile is solid and covers more aspects than comparable products. The comparable products mentioned (EEA Max and Grunt) contain less BCAA's;5 vs. 8g and way less EAA's (approx.. 1g vs a whopping 2,5g!). The ingredient profile differs in one aspect. mTor contains Tyrosine as compared to Tryptophan . Also, taurine is included as compared to EAA Max. Grunt doesn't contain electrolytes at all.

A nice addition, and a novelty from mTor is the addition of time released Leucine which releases after about three hours. Great stuff.

I received the blue raspberry. Tasted as expected. Not too much foam when mixing and just a little settling. No issues on this part.

This product works as expected from the excellent ingredient profile. On days I managed to squeeze in a gruelling workout my Doms were way less than expected and experienced before. I usually scoop some BCAA/EAA in with my pre to sip on during a workout and drink a serving every day. On hydration this product really shines, excellent stuff.
    What stood out most though was the immense reduction in Doms (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), really unprecedented. Used as an intra I noticed some increase in time to fatigue during training; shorter resting periods and a bit more reps. Where is was completely happy with EEA MAX from primeval; When it comes to effectiveness mTor pro is the best BCAA/EAA product I have used period.

mTor Pro is available on Myokem's website and Amazon and surprisingly enough that's it. The price is 30 dollars or one dollar a serving on both. For a standard BCAA product this would be a bit expensive, but this is comparable to the other mentioned BCAA/EAA products. For the amount and the abundancy of ingredients you are getting this is a more than fair price. A small problem with mTor pro is the fact that is not available through most known supplement resellers and probably not known to the mass public It's actually reported as discontinued at A1supplements.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

A real impressive product. I don't think any other brand will be able to top mTor in the near future. An ingredient profile that covers all area's you could wish for and effectiveness as could be expected from this broad and superb ingredient profile.

August 20, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Value When On Sale
    • L-Glutamine
    • Creapure Creatine
    • Always On Sale
    • Only One Flavor
    • Expensive When Not On Sale
    • Limited Availability

Myprotein is not a brand with flashy marketing and outrageous claims, but their products are solid. High quality and fairly priced. Their protein is one of the highest quality proteins out there. Hurricane XS Bars pack more protein than your regular bar And contain 5g of Creapure creatine.

I try to watch my...

I try to watch my nutrition intake more and more. In the last period I try to get in some more protein and some less fat and sugar. I find bringing a bag of powder and a shaker cup to the office a bit of a threshold. Protein bars provide the advantage that they are easy to carry and require no preparation

Hurrican XS bars contain more protein than your regular bar; 28 grams. The most common amount of protein ranges between 20-22 grams. The nutritional profile besides the protein looks decent, comparable to other brands
    Energy 257 kcal
    Fat 6.2 g, of which saturates 3.2 g
    Carbohydrate 23 g, of which sugars 12 g
    Fibre 5.4 g
    Protein 28 g
    Salt 0.21 g
    When compared to other bars, a popular quest bar for instance, the amount of fat is a bit lower, the amount of carbs a bit higher -but considering the size of the bar 70 vs. 60 grams actually about the same-. Dietary fibre is much lower; an average quest bar contains 14g of fibre. As said the amount of protein is much higher; 28 grams versus 21 grams.
    What makes this bar really different is that it contains 5g of Creapure creatine, 3g of L-Glutamine and 1g of L-Leucine. The Leucine seems like a little sprinkle on top, but the creatine and glutamine are actually decently doses.

The bars only come in one flavour, which is chocolate orange. The taste is absolutely amazing. I guess some would say they are a bit chewy, but I love them. The only downside is that there is only one flavour available. After two boxes you would like to change it up a little. I hope they add some other flavors in the future. My wife on occasion took one, but found them a bit heavy to digest. A bit too much. Three quarters of a bar was sufficient for her.

This bar really fills you up. Being a fairly big guy, normal protein bars leave me wanting a bit more. Hurricane XS actually deliver a bit more. Hurricane XS is marketed as a post workout bar. In my honest opinion you could eat one at any time of the day. How do you measure the effectiveness of a protein bar; They keep me satisfied, deliver a lot of protein compared to other bars and taste deliciously. They kept me satisfied for a longer period of time than other bars i tried in the past. What's important to note is that myProtein is really high rated at independent test sites like Labdoor. Their whey is one of the purest out there.

Compared to other (popular) protein bars, Hurricane XS are a bit more expensive. The regular price is 30 euro's a box (34 dollars). For 12 bars, that's 2,80 a bar. A quest bar goes for 2,08 a bar. The price difference can be explained from the ingredient profile. A Hurricane XS bar contains more protein And has some added creatine and Glutamine. Also, myprotein Always has some sort of sale going on. At this moment there's a 30% discount on the bars which is a steal for what you are getting for that amount of money

Side Effects

None at all

Conclusion

An impressive bar. A bit bigger than most, with more protein And a decent amount of added creatine (creapure) and glutamine. Myprotein isn't a brand that has flashy marketing campains, but their product are solid and of high quality. For people that crave for a bit more than your average bar, Hurricane XS bars are excellent.

Overall
    Thanks to Roar Ambition for sending it out!
      August 19, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Strength & Endurance
    • Clean Ingredient Profile
    • No Sides
    • Sense Of Well Being
    • Includes Shellfish
    • All Effects Pretty Mild
    • Bit Pricey

Tried some test boosters in the past. Testofuel rates somewhere in the upper middle. Not bad at all, but had better.

35 years old financial auditor trying to balance life with three kids and a busy job. Trying to get in some quality time at the gym in the meantime. When I manage to squeeze in some gym time I can use all the supplement help that's out there.

I read that while you get older test levels decrease. An increase in test levels is beneficial for so many things that I have tried some different test boosters before with different results....

Testofuel has a clean and fully disclosed ingredient profile. Watch out if you have shellfish allergies, contains oyster. Overall looks like a fairly composed product of ingredients that all possess some testosterone increasing benefit

D-Aspartic Acid 2300 mg
    I guess the prime ingredient in Testofuel is D-Aspartic Acid dosed at 2,3 gram. D-AA can be used as a testosterone booster for infertile men, and by athletes as a temporary booster. The standard dose for D-aspartic acid is between 2,000 - 3,000mg, so 2,3 gram is a fair amount. Further study is needed to determine whether D-AA should be cycled. There appears to be an temporarily increase in testosterone which reduced to baseline within a month in otherwise healthy men with normal testosterone High doses also seem to decrease free testosterone and total testosterone in resistance trained men. Most scientific evidence shows increase in fertility.

Asian red panax Ginseng (100mg)
    An ingredient with many benefits; decrease of blood glucose, increase in cognition, erections, overall well being being the most apparent. 400mg dose appears to confer most cognitive benefit. An improvement in erectile dysfunction is seen with 3g of (Korean) Red Ginseng. This ingredient seems to be dosed a little low, although obviously not aimed at erectile dysfunction

Fenugreek seed (100mg)
    Fenugreek has many benefits like a decrease in fat mass, increase in libido. An ingredient commonly used in a lot of test boosters. A lot of information on the lack of evidence for the testosterone claims is circulating on the internet. 100m is a common dose.

Oyster powder (100mg)
    A bit of an odd one out, very interesting. I haven't seen oyster powder in a test booster before. Oysters are the richest source of zinc, which is crucial to your ability to produce testosterone. also has the ability to boost muscle pumps by increasing nitric acid in your blood.

Other
    The ingredient profile is topped off, actually started with, some added vitamins (D3 at 5000IU, K2 at 18mcg, B6 at 5mg and magnesium and zinc at 200 and 10 mg. These are known to aid in testosterone production, especially zinc and magnesium.

No taste, just pills. Four red pills a day. The advised dose is 4 pills spread across the day which I found to be somewhat challenging. This is a bit of a different dosing scheme than most supplements.

I guess I expected a bit more. The effect advertised are Real Muscle Growth
    Naturally and safely increase your testosterone level, which is essential for real muscle growth, Increase Strength, Reduced Bodyfat, Improve your Mood, Boost Self-Esteem
    I did experience some increased strength although minor. In the gym I could take on a little more kg's. and my muscles felt a bit harder overall. I think my mood was slightly heightened. Although not advertised, some of the ingredients suggest an increased libido, which I did not experience at all. I did feel slightly less tired; a bit more energetic. Again however in a mild fashion.
    Overall I feel this product worked for me, but in a minor sense. I have some experience with test boosters containing Arimistane, which I believe did an overall better job. Arimistane is mainly meant as an estrogen blocker and not a test booster but I feel this is a different approach to the same objective. I never used DAA before and maybe this ingredient does not work for me personally that well. I believe Arimistane is subjective to some investigation by the FDA. If it gets banned I believe testofuel is a perfect alternative. For now I will stick to arimistane products when I feel like a pick me up in the test department.
    What I would like to add; advertised on the testofuel site is that there are a number of studies showing D-AA can elevate anabolic hormone levels by as much as 45% in 13 days and 60% over 90 days. Perhaps a longer run time of this product would provide better results.

Sold on the own website for 45 dollars. I believe this is a bit pricey for one month's supply. Not crazy, just a bit much. Doesn't seem to be widely available.

Side Effects

None at all

Conclusion

Testofuel has a nive clean label with a well balanced panel of test boosting ingredients. The oyster is fairly unique. While it did provide some noticeable results, I have had better. It's a nive DAA+ product. So while most of the advertised benefits were more or less there I would rate them all pretty mild.

August 15, 2018

• Good BOGO Deals
    • Increased Recovery
    • Electrolytes
    • Can Be Expensive If No Deals

Mostly bought this product to compare different EAA products. Used Redcon1 Grunt before and was quite happy. Fellow troopers pointed out other EAA products and decided to give them a try. Primeval Labs EAA Max outdid Grunt period. Watch out for deals, the regular price is a little too steep

I always use BCAA's as a staple. They seem to work good to reduce doms and increased recovery speed. Some brands recently came out with products containing EAA's as well. I read some interesting stuff about EAA's and tried Redcon1 Grunt at first. I was keen to find out if the addition of EAA's would provide some benefit. I read an article that stated that just using BCAA's is just like playing baseball with just an pitcher andwell not a complete team. Since a am from Europe and nobody plays baseball here the metaphor was mostly lost on me, but the bottom line was that EAA's are a superb addition and I decided to give it a try. Grunt worked well for me, but I got some suggestions from fellow Troopers that there are perhaps better EAA product out there (Think is was Smashley, so thanks). Currently running mTor from Myokem. Never got around to writing my review on Primeval Labs EAA Max, which I used in between, so here it is.

1 scoop is 12 grams. 9.5g of which (5,5g BCAA and 0,825g EAA). I am not sure how much EAA's would be ideal. This seems a small dose, but can't be sure. I haven't found any info or research on the ideal amount of EAA's. The amount of BCAA's is in the medium range of BCAA products. Some contain more.

BCAA

L-Phenylalanine (200mg)
    L-Tryptophan (50mg)
    L-Histidine (25mg)
    L-Methionine (25mg)

That's almost the same profile regarding the amino acids as Grunt with minor differences (0,5g less Leucine, 25mg less Threonine, 50mg less L-Phenylalanine ). But in addition, EAA Max contains

Electrolytes
    Magnesium 17mg, Sodium 39mg , Potassium 52 mg

Cluster Dextrin, 2g
    Cluster Dextrin, sometimes known as Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD), is a new advanced breed of maltodextrin. Cluster Dextrin passes through your stomach faster than other carbohydrate supplements, making it more readily available for your body to burn as energy. For some extra energy during workouts, focussed on the intra workout part.

D-Ribose, 500mg
    D-ribose is a pentose sugar that plays a role in the production of energy intermediates, aimed at ATP regeneration.

EAA Max is not only winning in the ingredient department, the mixability is far better than Redcon1's Grunt. Where Grunt leaves some residue (hard suger like residue), EAA max mixes perfectly. I tried two different flavors. The cherry lemonade and Orange Sherbert are both ok. Not amazing but a solid 7. The cherry lemonade mixes nicely with different types of pre workout flavors. I usually drink my pre workout for before workout and toss an intra and some water in for during my workout.

Primeval Labs EAA Max is meant for recovery, but maybe more for intra workout considering the electrolytes and cluster dextrin.. As for effectiveness I was really satisfied. Dom's definitely were less while EAA MAX. I was perfectly satisfied with Grunt, but the electrolytes and cluster dextrin in EAA Max are an extra bonus and make EAA Max a very good intra workout. Eletrolytes are definitely felt when it comes to hydration.

The normal price is $29,99 for 30 servings. $1 a serving can be a bit much for a Amino product. I think a little bit too much. There seems to be a sale going on somewhere at all times. I got two tubs for $45 at a limited time price cut, which is a very good price point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

My purchase of EAA Max was mostly meant to compare different EAA products. I definitely feel products that contain EAA next to BCAA's provide a benefit. I did enjoy Grunt and believe it really assisted in recovery. I feel EAA Max from primeval is a little better. It basically packs the the same ingredients with some added bonuses. For now Primeval labs EAA Max is my favourite and tops the EAA game. Watch out for deals though, the regular price is a bit steep.

Overall
    Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
      August 14, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Convenient Packaging
    • Stimulant Free
    • Burns Fat
    • Enhances Definition
    • Easy To Stack
    • Appetite Supression
    • Potentially Too Expensive

Update 08/16/2018:
    Turns out someone buys Neco Adipem at Torem and sells it on Amazon with a big markup.. lol. Well don't buy it on Amazon!
    -----

Excellent product with premium patented ingredients at a premium price that delivers premium results. Torem doesn't mess around. If you are willing to pay the price you can actually get results. I'll choose this over over-hyped non effective stimmed up fat burners every day. Solid stuff

Update 08/16/2018:
    -----

Been looking to lose some unwanted fat, mostly around the midsection. Nice time to experiment with some of the abundant fatburners out there. I have tried some before, with different results. The main thing It made me understand is not to expect too much from a fat burner.

Most Troop supps are not available in Europe. After contact with Torem they had no issue at all sending it out to Europe after a slight contribution to the shipping cost. Much thanks to Torem and the Troops program!

Inno SlimTM (250mg
    InnoSlim regulates glucose, fat cells, and muscle cell metabolisms. Regulates glucose absorption and helps the body overall when it comes to nutrition absorption. 250mg is the advised dose.

Advantra Z (50 mg)
    Advantra Z is a fully trademarked product that has been shown to increase athletic performance and fat burning capabilities. Made from bitter orange. I was unknown with this ingredient before and did some research. Results look promising, I found that it may (in rare instances) cause an increased heart rate among healthy people. I did not experience this at all. For effects, the recommended dosage is 100mg a day. Since Neco Adipem should be used twice a day this amounts up to exactly 100mg.

Garcinia Cambogia (100mg)
    Tropical fruit rich in hydroxycitric acid. Not a fat burner, but many studies do report subjective appetite decrease

Green Tea Extract (250 mg)
    Studies have shown green tea to increase metabolism. Fat burning effects are highly synergistic, almost dependent, on not consuming caffeine habitually. Well, for me this doesn't work out that well. I simply need my coffee. Nonetheless, Green tea extract is one of my favourite ingredients when it comes to fat loss. After trying several fat burning supplements I know It works for me personally, even with my daily coffee.
    Significant effects in humans are noted only at high doses, such as 400-500mg EGCG equivalent per day. Beware when you purchase green tea extract, the amount of EGCG is crucial. Neco Adipem delivers 70% which is really potent. Next to the weight loss, green tea extract has many other (bonus) benefits, lower blood pressure, cancer prevention and many more.

Actigin (25 mg)
    ActiGin is improve exercise performance by clearing out aged, non-dividing cells,
    mitigating exercise-induced inflammation, as well as improving glycogen storage and usage by muscle tissue. My guess is Actigin is added for the glycogen storage capabilities.

Capsimax (50 mg)
    Is a concentrated highly-active, natural capsicum extract from red hot chili peppers Capsimax delivers effective levels of capsaicinoids without the gastric burning sensation of unprotected red hot peppers. 50mg is a good and standard dose.

Neco Adipem comes in a cool package. Doses are divided in pouches that contain 2 pills. One pouch before breakfast and one pouch before dinner. Easy dosing and easy to swallow pills.

You absolutely get what you pay for here. Compared to other fat burning supplements I have tried this one is hands down the best. I usually have some food cravings two hours after dinner. Those completely disappeared.
    During the course of taking this product my abdominal section got way more defined. It was nice to see some abs in the mirror again. The first week I did not notice that much. Week 2 and three things really kicked off and I could wait to step on my scale in the morning because the effects were measurable too. I lost 3 kg, that's 6,5 lbs in your weird American non-metric system My fat percentage dropped almost 1,5% point, and I actually reached a two year low just under 17%. Still not satisfied with that but I have had to work a lot harder to drop some fat before the introduction of Neco Adipem. This all considering no change in diet or exercise routine.
    That being said, this product is almost stim free (undecided on the Advantra Z). You can easily stack this with what you want. Fat burners that pack some stim are hard to combine with a PWO, with Neco-adipem this is no issue at all.

It sells for 95! Dollars at amazon.com, but at the time of writing this review is on sale at their own site for 48 dollars. The regular price at the site is 57 dollars. Quite the difference.
    Of course Neco Adipem is not cheap. Even at the sale price of 48 dollars this is quite an amount of money for a supplement.
    Consider however the price of other fat burning supplements -and more important the results-. If you are serious about losing weight/fat I believe you are better off investing some money in a product that actually works. There are so many fat burning products out there with shady stim ingredients, immense claims, and with a total lack of any results. You can either go that route and hope you stumble across an affordable product that works or go for a sure, but costly, option. I would go for the latter.
    That being said, the price on Amazon is ridiculous A real punch in the gut. Not sure why it is that much higher there. Even for the mentioned results, 95 dollars is just too much.

Side Effects

None at all

Conclusion

A premium product that is expensive but delivers. Stacking the effectiveness against other fat burners I tried before this is definitely a winner. If you have the money and want a fat burner that actually works don't be afraid to spend it on Neco Adipem.

Overall
    Thanks to Barbender Nutrition for sending it out!
      August 14, 2018

• Effective Dosages
    • Decent Pump
    • Decent Focus
    • Underdosed In Areas
    • Energy Not Sustained

Unknown with barbender nutrition. Overall a pleasant surprise. A very solid pre workout with an amazing taste. No exotic or new ingredients, straight up decent oldcsool profile.

36 years old financial auditor trying to balance life with three kids and a busy job. Trying to get in some quality time at the gym in the meantime. When I manage to squeeze in some gym time I can use all the supplement help that's out there. I always use a pre workout. Not a fan of most exotic stimulants, but no fan of underdosed pre workouts either.

Most Troop supps...

Most Troop supps are not available in Europe. After contact with Barbender and a the payment of (part of) the shipping costs I received a bottle of Torque. Much thanks to Barbender and the Troops program!

The ingredient profile is decent, the ingredients are alle well known culprits for a pre workout.
    3g of Beta Alanine
    Increases muscle endurance. Large doses of beta-alanine may cause a tingling feeling called paresthesia. Never experienced this personally before. Harmless anyway, some find it annoying. Recommended dosage is 2-5g. 3g is a fair dose.

3g of L-AAKG
    Should increase nitric oxide activity / blood flow in the body. Evidence is mixed, but added to many pre workouts. Recommended is 2-5 g. 3g is a fair dose.

3g of L Citrulline Malate
    One of my favourite ingredients in a pre workout. Benefits are abundant. Increases energy, Nitric Oxide production. Buffers lactic acid accumulation and raises Growth Hormone (GH) levels post workout. The recommended dosage is 6-8 g. Most pre workouts stay below this amount. Some do include 8g, but not that many. I would like to see the Citrulline malate to be dosed at at least 5g. 3g does the job but could be better.

500mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
    The best absorbed form of L-Tyrosine. Increases dopamine levels. Basically makes you feel euphoric and focused. 500mg is a fair dose.

280mg of Caffeine
    Personally around my sweet spot. Less just doesn't work for me, more can cause jitters. Especially for people that like their coffee during the day, more than 300mg is a bit much. Happy with this amount of caffeine. A higher dose can cause a crashing feeling for me personally after my workouts.

1.25g of Betaine Anhydrous
    Betaine (trimethylglycineis a component of beetroot. A single dose of betaine reduces homocysteine levels and is shown to increase power output. promotes cellular hydration, much like creatine does. 1.25mg is a fair and standard amount.

5mg of Bioperine
    Standard dose of absorption agent. The ability to increase the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. 5mg is a dose commonly used.

Torque really shines in the taste department. The powder is really fine and mixes excellent. I had the watermelon flavour which actually tasted like watermelon. Watermelon flavour tends to be a bit sweet but Barbender nutrition really outdid competitors on the flavour department. The right amount of sweet and sour. Definitely watermelon, great taste.

I wasn't sure what to expect since I am not familiar with barbender nutrition. The ingredient profile looks goods without any exotic stimulants. Just fairly dosed on the most common and proven ingredients. It turned out to be a nice surprise. Energy levels were good without that cranked up feeling. The pump section was good and the focus level was also good. I specifically use the word Good as I had better; energy wise, pump wise and focus wise. This was however with different types of pre workouts. Torque does a good job in all departments, so a good overall pre workout. I would like to see the amount of citrulline malate upped just a little. One downside of Torque is the longtitude of the energy which waned a bit during workout. My workouts aren't that long, but for people used to longer training sessions this could be a downfall.

Torque isn't widely available. You can get it through the Barbender website and on amazon. For 30 dollars a tub this comes down to 1 dollar a serving which is a fait price for a pre workout considering the ingredient profile.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A decent standard pre workout without to many extra's or new ingredients. A combination of proven ingredients at a good dosage turns out to work just fine. Where this product really shines is in the flavour department.