dconti

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 10 months, and was last online this week
  • Low community participation

Reviews by dconti

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  October 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Claims Were Met
  • Energy
  • Great Value
  • Excellent Pump
  • Great Energy And Focus
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Insane Ingredient Profile
  • Can Be A Bit Expensive Without Deals

Lab Tech delivered on Full Spectrum RX. This is definitely one of my new favorite products. The ingredient profile is almost revolutionary with how much of each ingredient is inside each scoop. The effects were amazing, making me feel like I could stay in the gym all day. The taste, mixability, and digestibility were all amazing as well and I experienced zero side effects. The price is fair for what you get. If you train intensely, you will find that this PWO can help you get through some of the most intense workouts you've been through while making you feel like you can keep going.

I am a 28 y.o male athlete and train 3-4x a week. The PWO I took before Full Spectrum was Total War by Redcon1 and while I really fell in love with it, I decided to give this a try through the trooper program. Many aspects were similar like mood, peak energy levels, focus, and pump. However, I found Full Spectrum RX to be superior to Total war in the categories of recovery time in between sets, aggression, and sustained energy. I felt like I was able to lift more weight and do more sets when I took Full spectrum. I really felt like lifting when taking full-spectrum and couldn't wait to get to the gym when I would take this beforehand.

This ingredient profile is massive. Labtech really nailed their formula with Full spectrum as it contains all the ingredients you want in a preworkout as well as a few bonuses. The label is super transparent with no proprietary blends and its apparent that Lab tech did their research on each ingredient as most if not all the ingredients are clinically dosed or higher.

Pump/Endurance Matrix Blend:
Citrulline Malate 2:1: 8g This is a lot Citrulline compared to most PWOs especially being in the malate form. After taking this product I'm convinced the malate form is superior to the l-citrulline form. From my research, 6-8 grams is optimal.
Beta Alanine: 3.5g: 3.2 grams is the standard. With that said you will probably notice the tingles whether you are sensitive or not.
L-Taurine: 2250mg
Agmatine Sulfate: 1.5g: 1g is the standard. For bigger guys like me I think 1.5 is optimal for big pumps.
AAKG: 1250mg
Beet Root Extract: 1g Beneficial to overall health. Not only does it help increase blood flow and is good for the heart, it can generate a nice pump when working out.

Energy/Focus Matrix Blend:
Caffeine Anhydrous: 350mg Caffeine

L-Dopa: 250mg Precursor to dopamine, helps with mood, focus, and stress

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: 250 mg Helps with stress.

L-Theanine: 200mg Takes the edge off the stimulants present.

2-Aminoisoheptane (DMHA): 175mg -Stimulant to provide energy and focus.

L-Norvaline: 100mg - inhibits the breakdown of arginine.

Dendrobium Nobile Extract: 50mg This one is a tricky one. My favorite PWO Craze V1 had this ingredient listed and they claimed it was responsible for the Adderall like effects, when in fact it was being spiked with an amphetamine analog. I do not get the same focus from this PWO as I did with craze, but I can't say whether or not it is effective since there are so many different stims in this PWO.

Higenamine Hydrochloride: 50mg fat burning

Naringin: 50mg Antioxidant

Phenylethylamine Hydrochloride: 50mg helps with focus, mood, and cognitive enhancement.

Noopept: 30mg - Anti-anxiety and mood enhancement.

Octopamine Hydrochloride: 30mg aids in alertness and fat burning.

N-Methyl Tyramine Hydrochloride: 25mg Stimulant/fat burner.

Synephrine Hydrochloride: 20mg - Stimulant/fat burner.

Rutaecarpine: 10mg Facilitates the breakdown and elimination of caffeine to help combat sleeplessness

Huperzine A 1%: 10mg Cognitive enhancement

Alpha Yohimbine: 1mcg Energy, Everyone reacts to this ingredient slightly different. Being that is was dosed very lightly, I did not experience any of the side effects commonly associated with this ingredient.

Mood/Absorption:
Black Pepper Fruit Extract: 5mg This is the standard

6 7-Dihydroxybergamottin (DHB): 5mg

Additional:
Natural flavors and dyes
Sucralose: artificial sweetener

Taste: 10/10 I really like the taste and don't really see much room for improvement. I received black Cherry Lemonade. To me it tasted like a red starburst or the cherry lemonade crystal lite.

Mixability: 10/10 Mixed flawlessly, with just a little fine sediment as expected with some of the ingredients. A couple shakes is all it needs.

Dosing: 10/10 I started with 1 scoop and never exceeded that. It is recommended that you start with 1/2 scoop, but I am used to taking stim workouts. Under no circumstances would I take more than 1 scoop though. 1 scoop really gets you going. I also like the inclusion of black pepper extract as this has been shown to maximize absorption making the ingredients even more effective.

I like to take most preworkouts 30-45 minutes before I hit the gym. The reason I choose this window is that I like the beta-alanine itching to wear off before I start lifting. With the amount of beta-alanine in this PWO (3.5 g), I felt that the tingles/itching took roughly 45min to wear off since the amount is slightly over the standard dose.

Pump 8.5/10: I found the pump to be very good. I have had better pumps from pump-based preworkouts, but as this is a stim-based PWO it does a really good job at getting the blood flowing and does increase vascularity. Don't expect to get vein-bulging pumps from this PWO, but you will definitely experience some visible vascularity.

Intensity/aggression 9/10: When I took this stuff, within 15 minutes I was dying to get to the gym. It was very hard to sit still and all I felt like doing was moving weights. Now with most PWO when I experience this "Hulk mode" I begin to lose my ability to focus, lose mind-to muscle connection, and almost always crash. But with Full spectrum RX I felt like I reaped all the benefits from Hulk-mode intensity, without the unwanted side-effects.

Focus: 9/10: Definitely some of the best focus I've experienced. I was able to experience that tunnel vision-like focus like I experienced with only a few other supplements. It does not give that Adderall-like effect like craze v1, but it's pretty close which is why I give it a nine.

Endurance 10/10 I recovered faster in between sets and was able to work out longer without crashing
Mood 10/10 This puts you in a great mood with almost a perfect balance of aggression and focus.

Energy 10/10 Insane energy and I didn't crash from taking this. I took approximately 2-3 times a week to prevent building a tolerance. I probably wouldn't recommend a full scoop every day. I believe it's important to give your body a rest from stims occasionally. It might also be better to take a pump preworkout on days you don't need it, since I don't know how effective half scoop doses are for pumps.

The price from Labtech directly is 49.99 but they do run promotions which can bring the price down below $40 dollars. You get 30 1-scoop servings per tub. If you can get this on sale, I think the value is amazing since the ingredient profile is so strong. If you are debating between another preworkout and this one, and they are priced similarly, go with this one, you won't be disappointed.

Side Effects

None. I was worried that this PWO might be too stim heavy. I normally like to keep caffeine 300mg or less. Lab tech really engineered this formula well, because with all the stims I do not feel stimmed out and I do not crash. I believe that the additions of the mood enhancers and nootropics really help lengthen and smooth out the energy from this stim-loaded PWO. I only took this product 2 (sometime 3) times a week to prevent building a tolerance. For me it's important to do this or these high stim products do make me crash after using them too frequently.

Conclusion

I defiantly recommend this product to any serious lifter. It is loaded with the best ingredients available, tastes good, and really packs a punch. I gave my friend a scoop who takes PWO regularly and he said he was practically bouncing off the walls. For novices to stim PWOs, I would recommend trying something a little less stim heavy or starting out with a half scoop. I will most likely buy this product again unless they change their formula.

August 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
  • Increased Stamina
  • Scoop Size

I used this as an intra-workout for primarily leg day, but also on upperbody days occasionally. It did exactly what the research says. It helped reduce DOMS and helped sustain energy levels throughout the workout. I would have given this product a higher overall rating but the taste was bad. I had to dilute it much more than the recommendation on the label to make it tolerable. It had a very strong chemically taste. Overall it was a solid product with a great price. I will continue using this product until something else in the same price range comes along with better flavor.

I am going on 28 years old and I am 6'4 198 lbs ~15%bf. I bought this BCAA supplement to help with soreness from DOMS. When I first started working out legs again (I took time off from knee tendonitis), I was experiencing extreme soreness for days after leg day. I was debating whether to try BCAA or Glutamine to help combat this. What I learned while taking this product is that it did indeed help with muscle soreness but only when I was eating a healthy diet. This product isn't going to help with soreness if you are not getting enough protein or amino acids in your diet. If you eat too much salt it will also not help with inflammation associated with that. What I did notice is that when I finally started getting on a real meal program, that my DOMS was reduced when I took this supplement. It also does a great job at delaying fatigue in your muscles by keeping your body anabolic for longer during your workout, when taken as an intra-workout. Overall I was very pleased with this supplemnt's results, however some people might not be able to handle the bad, chemical after taste. I can stomach just bout any supplement as long as I'm seeing results, however I know many people can't do this.

serving size 1/2 scoop (the 1/2 scoop = 1 serving annoyed me) 7g
Calories: 5
L-Leucine: 2500 mg
L-Isoleucine: 1250 mg
L-Valine: 1250

Other: Citric Acid Anhydrous, Artificial Pink Lemonade Flavor, Sucralose (Artificial Sweetener), Beetroot Red Coloring, Acesulfame K (Artificial Sweetener)

I would prefer all natural sweeteners such as Stevia and natural flavorings. I would also like for them to disclose the source of the BCAAs, as it is not mentioned on the product labeling. I would assume that these are animal based, since animal based are cheaper to manufacturer, but I'm not sure.

Taste 3/10: I had to dilute this tremendously to make it tolerable. Not too bad when mixed with a whole shaker full of water. Mixing with 8-9 ounces of water per the directions was far too flavor potent. This drink does have a chemically aftertaste which is made better by dilution. I only tried the pink lemonade flavor. It could be improved a lot.

Mixability 9/10: Now for any good BCAA, it should not mix well in water due to its hydrophobic properties. This one would not mix well when shaken, but it you leave it alone for 5-10 min it mixes completely. I liked seeing it not mix well to begin with because it's indicative that it contains quality BCAAs. Another thing that was really nice about this product is that it doesn't clump. I had this tub for a good while since there are 100 servings but not even a single clump formed in the tub after opening it.

Dosing 9/10: The dosing was typical of a good BCAA supplement 2:1:1 L-Leucine: L-Isoleucine: L-Valine. I prefer this ratio as it seems to be backed by science more than the other ratios out there. The one thing I didn't like abut this product is that 1/2 scoop equals 1 serving. I would have given a 10/10 if they just had a smaller scoop to make dosing more straight forward. I took approximately 3/4 of a scoop (7.5g) on leg days and 1/2 scoop (5g) on upper body days. I felt the need to increase my dose on leg days since I'm a pretty large guy and I know some people take up to 10 g per serving.

These BCAAs did what they were supposed to do. They helped delay muscle fatigue when used as an intra-workout, and also reduced delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) for days to follow. It did not provide a surge of energy or make me feel stronger, but I did notice an increase in stamina. It will help you recover faster, which is associated with gains, but it's not going to pack on mass like increasing your macro intake does.

I think the best thing about this product is the value. For between $35-40 you get 100 5g servings. I've seen products with half as many servings go for the same price.

Side Effects

Upset stomach from poor flavor. This can be avoided if you dilute with more than the recommended 8-9 ounces of water.

Conclusion

For the price, this one is hard to beat. I will likely buy again because of the great value and quality. The only downside for me was the taste. The taste was very chemically. The aftertaste was bad, but subsided after a few seconds, so at least it wasn't lingering. I definitely noticed results from this product in regards to decreased DOMS and delayed muscle fatigue when using it as an intra-workout. I would recommend this product to someone who is result driven and can handle a poor flavored supplement. If you are really particular on the flavor of your supplements, you should avoid this one.

August 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incresed Focus
  • Incresed PUMPS
  • Mental Clarity
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Gritty
  • Mixes Poorly

I bought Big Noise because I've really enjoyed all of Redcon1's products. This one fell just short of the mark for me personally. It does work and the price is ok, but I feel like there are better products out there in the same price range. The pump that I got from big noise was good, but when stacked with Total War the pumps were almost too much. I liked it as a stack on certain days but it was nothing out of the ordinary when dosed alone.

I started taking this because my favorite PWO right now has been Total War by Redcon1 and this supplements says that it can be stacked with total war for more intense pumps. It also says that it can be used as a standalone supplement. I am 6'4 198lbs ~15% with an active lifestyle. I found this product really amazing on upper body days, but I did not like it on lower body days because my legs would get too much peripheral edema at times making them feel really tight especially when stacked with total war. It defiantly helped feel and look more vascular during lifts, but I didn't really see much increase in performance.

Gylcerol Monostearate (3g): Used to hydrate the body, improve endurance, and increase muscular pumps during physical activity. Studies have shown that consuming 0.7 to 2g of glycerol increases plasma and intramuscular volume, which increases muscle size during physical activity.

Betaine Anhydrous (BetaPower) (2.5g): Effective and reliable for reducing homocysteine concentrations when taken daily at 3g or more. It has unreliable evidence for enhancing performance at this time.

Astragalus Membranaceus (1g): This is typically used for the common cold, upper respiratory infections, allergies, and to strengthen and regulate the immune system. Proper dosage is unknown at this time. My seasonal allergies were very good when taking this product, but it could be the placebo effect or just a coincidence.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g): A metabolite of L-Arginine. It makes your muscles feel really full and causes vein bulging pumps. The 1 gram in this product is my preferred dose. When stacked with total war the agamtine was almost too much for me (2g). When my legs get too pumped they get really stiff. For upper body days, this was not an issue for me.

L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine (300mg): A cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. 300 - 600mg is the recommended dose.

CDP Choline (250mg): A nootropic. 500mg - 2g is the recommended dose, but with all the other cognitive enhancer, a full dose is probably not needed. I think this is the ingredient responsible for enhancing my mood (i.e relieve stress).

Rhodiola rosea root extract (200mg): A traditional Chinese herb used to promote physical/cognitive vitality. Dosages as low as 50mg have been shown effective against fatigue, however the recommendation is 288-680mg.

Huperzine A (200mcg): Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; 50-200mcg is the recommended dose.

Taste: 8.5/10 The taste is similar to total war, but the flavor is a a little different (not as good) and it is a bit more chalky.

Mixability: 1/10 This is probably the worst mixing supplement I've ever tried. The powder actually repels water. This is surprising to me since all the other Redcon1 products I've tried mix flawlessly. I've heard the Gylcerol Monostearate ingredient is responsible for the powder being hydrophobic.

Dosing: 7.8/10 As per usual Redcon1 has clinically dosed this supplement for the most part. For this product I would have preferred it to have no agmatine if used as a stack since total war already has 1g of agmatine. If used as a stand alone I would like it to contain citruilline malate. This is my biggest problem with big noise is that its not really an ideal standalone PWO, nor an ideal stack. It seems to kinda be caught in limbo.

I will split this section up in 2 parts. 1) Big Noise alone 2) Big Noise Stacked with Total War. In both cases I took Big noise ~45 min before working out.

1) Big Noise standalone
When taking big noise alone I felt a a good pump 8/10. I definitely felt my focus increase from the nootropics. It kind felt like caffeine, but a more relaxed kind of energy. I took it with a headache a few times and it worked really good to alleviate the headache, almost like caffeine (Excedrin) does for me. It also felt like my muscle fatigue was slightly delayed, but only to the point where I could maybe do 1 additional auxiliary lift. It didn't make me feel like superman. Mood was defiantly enhanced; I think mainly from the mental relaxation of the nootropics. It doesn't put you in the mood to lift necessarily, but it does help relieve the feeling of anxiety to some extent. The pump was similar to any other decent pump PWO. I definitely felt more vascular and felt like blood was flowing when taking this. This product is by no means a pick-me-up or replacement for sleep as it will not provide that kind of energy.

2) Big Noise/ Total War stack
Just for the record, I love total war as a pwo. I decided to try big noise to see if total war could be made even better. I found the pump to be more intense than with total war alone. Sometimes the pump was too much, especially on leg day. I prefer to be around 1g to 1.5g max of agmatine and the stack contains 2g so you really get a big pump that some may say is uncomfortable. I did 3 sets of heavy farmer's carries and my arms almost felt like they were going to burst (not literally). This stack defiantly gave me the biggest pump that I've ever had, but sometimes it was too much. I did not notice a difference in energy levels or focus as compared to total war alone. I think the stims in total war kind of suppressed the effects of the nootropics in Big Noise; there didn't seem to be any synergistic effect. I did notice a minor improvement in delaying muscle fatigue, but nothing significant compared to total war alone.

I bought my tub of 30 servings for $27, but the price usually ranges from $29.99-$39.99. For about a dollar a serving, it's not a bad deal, but if you are looking for a standalone pre-workout, I would recommend something else. If you are really looking for that vein bursting pump, this is a really good option if you stack it with Total War. I can't imagine anyone being truly disappointed with the stack.

Side Effects

May cause uncomfortable peripheral edema from high dose of agmatine in total war/big noise stack. No side effects when taken alone.

Conclusion

I will probably not buy this product again because I feel like the pump taking Big Noise alone was too little, and the Pump taking it with Total War was too much. I would recommend that if you are going to stack with total war, use a full scoop of total war and start out with an 1/2 scoop of Big Noise and work up to a full scoop to prevent uncomfortable peripheral edema. It is priced right, but I could defiantly live without taking this product. I will say that taking this and Total war before a show could be very beneficial for aesthetic purposes because I always felt huge after my workouts while on this stuff. My girlfriend even would notice that I was bigger/fuller on days that I took this product with total war. In summary, if you want a huge pump, pair this with Total war, just dont pay full price. I wouldn't spend more that $30 on a tub.

July 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Whey
  • Tastes Great
  • Great Mixability
  • Keto-friendly

Pecan pie flavor: 9.5/10. On the sweeter side, but not overwhelming

Update 07/24/2018:
Pecan pie flavor: 9.5/10. On the sweeter side, but not overwhelming
-----

This product delivered. I used it as a morning meal replacement when I got lazy or bored with making egg whites. This protein is unique in that it is composed of 6 different protein sources, none of which are whey or casein. I have digestive issues with whey so I decided to give this a try. The taste and mixability were phenomenal. The result were what i expected from a quality protein source. I gained lean mass while taking this product and did not ever experience any bloating with this product as I do with whey. This protein is designed to be a meal replacement, not a post-workout protein. It is a slower digesting protein, which makes it much more suitable as a meal replacement to curb appetite and remain anabolic. There are many other proteins out there that would serve better as a fast digesting, post-workout protein. I would recommend this protein to anyone who doesn't like milk-derived protein as well as anyone who is looking for a really good tasting meal-replacement protein.

I am an athletic build 6'4" 198 lb 15% bf male. I bought this protein for a number of reasons. First of all, I have not had a single bad supplement from Redcon1 yet. I am becoming more and more a fan of this brand every time I try a new one of their products. Secondly, I do not like to consume dairy or dairy-derivatives such as whey or casein protein because of allergy and digestive issues, as I had also mentioned in my Muscle Meds Carnivore review (https://supplementreviews.com/musclemeds/carnivor/review/favorite-56103). This protein contains no dairy sources. The protein is composed of beef, salmon, egg, chicken, brown rice protein, pea protein. With all of those different sources of protein I was skeptical on the results and flavoring, but as you will later see my worries were put to rest. The last reason I bought this is because I have been getting sick of eating so many egg whites for breakfast and wanted to supplement a different source of protein for some variety. The cost of this beverage is about the same as buying egg-whites so I decided to give it a try.

Primary
Beef protein Isolate
Salmon Protein - My first supplement containing salmon protein. Don't worry no fishy smell or taste!
Egg Albumin- Egg protein is my favorite. I kind of wish this was the main protein source.
Brown Rice protein
Pea Protein
Coconut water- adds electrolytes helping you remain hydrated
MCT Oil -medium chain triglycerides, as opposed to long chain triglycerides (LCT), which are found in most foods. MCT is comprised of primarily caprylic and capric fatty acids, and is a light-yellow, odorless, translucent liquid at room temperature. MCT oil occurs naturally in coconut oil and other foods. It has been used to add calories to infant formulas. Recently, athletes, bodybuilders, and diet gurus have jumped on the MCT bandwagon, for it fat burning and an energy sustaining properties.

I am very happy that this product does not have dairy or soy derived protein sources.

Other
Natural and Artifical flavors - MRE tastes very natural no chemical or weird aftertaste
Cellulose Gum - used to make foods thick and creamy, without all the fat. It may help to suppress the appetite. It does help to thicken the shake up, giving it a richer taste.
Ground Cinnamon- For Flavoring; there is not enough cinnamon in this supplement to have an effect on Blood Glucose Insulin Sensitivity
Salt - Flavor and electrolyte source
Sucralose - artificial sweetener
Acesulfame-K - artificial sweetener

I wish more companies would use stevia as their sweetener. Although Sucralose and Acesulfame-K are artificial, I will still consume them. I will not consume any supplements containing aspartame.

Taste 10/10
I had the banana nut bread and blueberry cobbler flavors and I would say they both were delicious. Easily the best tasting protein I've ever tried. I mix it with just water and the taste is perfect in my opinion. I actually look forward to drinking this protein as a treat. No more plugging your nose and chugging your shake as fast as you can with this stuff. I have just ordered the pecan pie and dutch apple pie and I am really excited to try them. I will post in the comments or update the review after I try them.

Mixablity 10/10
This is also probably the best mixing protein I have ever used. A few shakes in the shaker and it is completely dissolved. It is almost hard to believe how well it mixes. No clumps and the protein is very smooth in taste. I have only mixed with water so can not comment on how well it mixes in milk. It is a pretty thick shake too, likely from the Cellulose Gum.

Dosing 9/10
24 grams of protein, 4g carbs, 2 g fat per 29 gram scoop ( i know that equals 30 grams but the container says 29 grams). 134 Calories, 0g cholesterol. The scoop is fairly small so I assume there to be very little to no fillers. This lite version is the low carb version of MRE. For the full carb-loaded meal replacement, Recon has original MRE. I have heard the original MRE is just as good quality and I may give it a try when I decide to go through my next bulk.

I have noticed that my appetite has been less since I switched to this protein. This could be due to the fact that the protein I was taking prior to this one was fast digesting. I have steadily gained muscle and reduced fat while taking this supplement. I don't feel any difference in regards to recovery with this product vs any other common protein source. I like that Redcon1 has an MRE and MRE lite. This makes it easier to convert from bulking to cutting phases. For those looking to shred, this product does contain low-sugar and low-fat so you may want to consider a different protein during a shred that is fat-free and/or carb-free. My current goals are to maintain.

A 30 serving tub is usually priced between $30-$40. So price per serving is around $1.00-$1.33 per serving. I am fine with paying this price because I really like this protein and I am using it to replace my egg white intake which is about the same in price. I think it's a decent value being that it is a whey alternative. I have not seen any larger sized tub of MRE lite.

Side Effects

I had zero digestive issues with this protein, no gas, and no bloating.

Conclusion

I will keep continuing to buy this protein as long as the price point and quality remain the same. I love how well my stomach feels after drinking this shake. I don't get the bubble guts like I do from whey. I don't think there are better flavors or better mixability by any other company. I also really like that there are 6 sources of protein, helping me feel confident that I am getting a fully spectrum of amino acids. I would be interested to know exactly what the AA spectrum looks like as well as the protein bioavailability of this blend of proteins so that I can compare them to whey, however Redcon1 does not have this information readily available. Thank you for reading my review and feel free to ask any additional questions.

May 26, 2018

• No Proprietary Blends
  • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime
  • Artifical Sweeteners
  • Artificial Flavors

I have been in the search for a solid pre-workout for a while and have finally found it. I want my preworkout to enhance my focus, mood, enurance, and develop a strong muscle-mind connection. I don't like products that give "rage" energy or make my heart flutter. Total War is an amazing product. I love how there are no proprietary blends, the ingredients are clinically dosed, and it has long-lasting clean energy feel without the crash. This product allows me to lift with higher intensity and delays fatigue significantly for me. The energy lasts hours and is very smooth. I do not get that invincible, rage type of energy but more of an alert, aware, and motivated type of energy. My mind/Muscle connection is greatly enhanced with this product.

Amazing ingredient profile:

6g Citruline Malate (clinically dosed)(my favorite ingredient; really helps to delay fatigue)
3.2g Beta-Alanine (clinically dosed) perfect amount in my opinion i.e I get the benefits without the intense itching and tingling.
1g Agmatine Sulfate, perfect amount again in my opinion. Causes me to get very vascular vein popping pumps.
1g Taurine
250mg Caffeine Anhydrous
125mg N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate
100mg 2 Aminoisoheptaine (DHMA)
100mg Di-Caffeine Malate (This is a smoother form of caffeine and is longer lasting than the caffeine anhydrous)
50mg Theobroma cocao extract
25mg Higenamine HCL
10mg Bioperine (very important for absorption of other ingredients)
Contains artificial flavorings and sweeteners

No Creatine[b/] I prefer PWOs without creatine and dosing creatine separately so that I can effectively cycle creatine, so if you want creatine in your PWO than you might want to look for a different product

Blue Lemonade Taste 9/10. One of the best flavors Ive had in a PWO. No bad bitter aftertaste
Doesn't dissolve that well due to some of the ingredients being fat-soluble. Doesn't clump though which is awesome.
I take a full serving which is 1 Scoop. I am pretty sensitive to caffeine so I was worried that the stims would be too much, but the other ingredients really help smooth and deliver clean energy without the jitters.

Overall 9/10 I love this product and it is now my new favorite. The reason I don't give it a perfect score is that it will never compare to some of my old PWOs that have since been reformulated. I definitely notice that I can go longer in the gym and my energy and mood is much better when taking this product.

When I take it about 45 min before a workout I notice that I not only get trough my workouts much quicker, but I can do a few more auxiliary lifts that I would normally be to gassed for. I think this effect is mainly from the citrulline. For me the perfect time to start my workout is right after the tingles go away from the beta-alanine. I know a lot of people probably would disagree with this but, I think you have to give it a little longer because some of the other ingredients take longer to kick in in this formualtion. The stims lasts much longer than most pwo so don't be worried that they will wear off if you wait 45 min before you lift.

This product gives excellant tunnel vision focus 8.5/10. A perfect score would be the focus that I got from craze v1.

Pump I would give 8.5/10. For a stim-based PWO, the pump is huge. Probably the best pump Ive ever had from a stim pwo (I assume the agmatine and citruilline both were responsible for this) My veins were popping huge during my workout and I never felt short of breath or a lack of oxygen ie. Lightheaded from poor blood flow.

Energy 9.0/10. I LOVE the type of energy total war gives you, not necessarily the amount. It feels very clean and it lasts a long time so don't take it too close to bed. I had a high motivation to move weight around it was consistant through out the whole work out. I did not crash at all from this product. I was nervous about this part because I do crash from other stim heavy PWOs. For stim junkies you may be disappointed because you are not going to feel really buzzed or raged out from this product. It's much more smooth and steady than most high stim pwo.

This stuff puts me a a great mood too, although I won't rate mood since a lot of external factors contribute to that.

For around 40 dollars you get 30 servings which is a pretty good deal. You can get a tub for 30 bucks when they run specials. Great value in my opinion for a far superior product compared to some of their competitors.

Side Effects

None. I was worried that it would be too high stim for me since I can't handle too much caffeine plus of all the other stims and nootropics, but this wasn't the case. I would recommend taking total war before 4-5 pm if you want to be able to fall asleep by 10-11 pm. I was worried that the DHMA would cause heart palpitations like DMAA did for me, but it gives me a much more clean energy feel without the side effects of DMAA.

Conclusion

I would recommend this to anyone who is a serious athlete. The stim cocktail is amazing. I get such long-lasting, clean energy without the crash or jitters. It is not going to give you the energy like DMAA (wanting to rip peoples' heads off), but a more clean and alert type of energy. It has a lot of nootropics which help with focus and mind/muscle connection. I have just been notified that total war has had some changes to the ingredients so when I try the new reformulation I will leave a new review. I really hope it's as good as this version. It is obvious that Redcon1 does their research when formulating their products, since their ingredients are not underdosed like most other products out there. I love that there are not proprietary blends or fillers in this product. My one thing that I would change is to sweeten with stevia instead of artificial sweeteners. Last remark would be that although this product appears to have a lot of stims, stim junkies may not like the effects since it is a very different kind of energy than most stim-heavy PWOs.

May 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Beef Protein Based
  • Dairy-free
  • Soy-free
  • Low Carbs
  • No Cholesterol
  • No Fat Try Finding That Doesnt Have Fat
  • Great For Post Workout
  • Artifical Sweeteners
  • Artificial Flavors

I have a sensitivity to Whey and Casein Protein due to the fact they are derived from Milk. They often leave me feeling bloated and I am convinced it causes me have acne breakouts. I first tried MuscleMeds Carnivore almost 10 years ago when it first came out. Back then they only had a couple flavors (blue raspberry and fruit punch) that tasted horrible and produced a lot of foam when mixing. After my first tub, I switched proteins and kept switching them for about 3-4 years. When I heard the Musclemeds created new flavors I tried them again, and ever since then it's been my favorite protein. I get all the benefits from Whey protein, with none of the side effects that I get from Whey.

Per 36g gram scoop:
110 CAL
0g Fat
4 Carb (0g sugar)
23g Protein
340 mg sodium
90mg potassium
2.5 g creatine Monohydrate
Anabolic Nitrogen Retention Technology intermediates (unlisted quantity)
BCAAs (unlisted quantity)

I would like to see an exact dosage of bcaa on the container.

For digestive enzymes, Im not enirely sure if they are needed for beef-based protein. I have no trouble digesting this and have had good gains so I expect it to be absorbing properly.

Being that it is sugar-free I would like to see the implemation of waxy maize or other quick acting carb to replenish glycogen levels after intense training. Right now I eat a banana to satisfy this need. It really helps prevent getting shakey when you leave the gym.

For the price I'm paying ($0.75/serving), I don't mind if it lacks some of the other ingredients found in other supplements. I can just supplement those seperatly for the the same price as one of those fancy proteins. My favorite thing about this protein is that is doesn't come from milk (allergies) so that's why I would rather take this along with some other supps instead of one of those fancy whey proteins.

This protein is not going to be one of those all inclusive supplements. Additional creatine, and other things may need to be added to your diet if you like taking those things. It does what it says it does which is delivers quality protein to your muscles at the speed of whey.

One more thing is that I would definantly not recommend this as a meal replacement, due to its very low carb and fat free profile. The one time I tried taking this as a meal replacement I had very soft stool.

This product has really improved over the years as far as mixability and taste goes. I give the Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter flavors a 9.5/10. As far as all the other flavors go, I would steer clear from them. The Blue Raspberry, fruit punch, Strawberry, and Vanilla Caramel were gross. When this product first came out it created a lot of foam when shaking (sometimes taking 20 minutes for the bubbles to go down), causing me to feel bloated and gassy. After trying a different product for a while, I eventually tried Carnivore again and it was obvious that they had fixed this issue (foam settles immediately after mixing now). Dosing is average. It contains 23g of protein per 36g scoop. It also has 2.5g of creatine and according to the container contains a good amount of BCAAs. What's really nice about this product is that it has 0g of sugar, fat, and cholesterol. Main thing to remember here is to stick with the chocolate or chocolate peanut butter flavors, I found some of the other and discontinued flavors to be repulsive.

I find Carnivore to be a very effective protein as long as you have a sound diet. Recovery is enhanced from the creatine and BCAAs. I usually take a scoop and a half post workout, and sometimes drink it for breakfast when I run out of egg whites. If your goal is to bulk, this protein will not be as effective for you since it has no fat and low carbs. Carnivore is great for maintenance and cutting phases. I would recommend some sort of post workout carb to stack with this to restore glycogen levels. I usually just eat a banana with my post-workout shake for those quick sugars.

For a beef Protein, I find it to be very reasonably priced. I try to buy it on sale and usually buy it from Amazon. They currently have a 100 serving bag for 75 bucks and some change. For less than a dollar a serving, I find it to be an outstanding value. Shop around because I have found a huge price difference based on where you buy it from.

Side Effects

None. Like I mentioned earlier it used to make me gassy due to the amount of foam that was produced during shaking, but Muscle Meds fixed this issue a a while back. I would highly doubt if there are any old batches still in circulation. The reason I switched back to this product was because of the side effects I get from Whey (ie. bloating, gassy, acne). I get none of those side effects from this product.

Conclusion

I will continue with taking carnivore as long as MuscleMeds continues to produced quality products. The only reasons why I didn't rate this a 10/10 is because it contains some artificial sweeteners and flavors. I also prefer around 30g of protein post-workout so that means I have to take a little more than 1 scoop to get my desired amount of protein. This protein is also not a great bulking protein due to the low fat and carb content, so if bulking is your goal I would not recommend this product. If you are looking to cut or put on lean mass, this protein works wonders. If you are one of those people that gets side effects from whey like me, you will love this product too.[b/]