davidian

December 7, 2017

• More Vascular
  • Good Pump
  • More Endurance
    Good evening SR community. I know it's been ages since submitting my last review, but I have finally had some time to sit down and take my training a bit more seriously which means I can give supplements a fair run and provide accurate reviews. Today I will be reviewing Nutrex Research stim-free pump product N-Vein. Let's get down to it.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9/10

Most of the other reviewers have broken down the ingredient profile quite well, so I wont go into that much detail about the individual ingredients. What I like about N Vein is the relatively simple ingredient profile using quality raw materials. They use proprietary Dextrin, Glycerol and nitrates (in this case sodium nitrate) which are all proven ingredients. There's also some electrolytes thrown in there for hydration which is always a welcome addition to any supplement really, as most of us are drinking upwards of a gallon of water a day anyway. The individual ingredient amounts are solid and based on if not clinical doses then certainly doses that have come to be accepted as effective anecdotally by the lifting community. Perhaps the only addition I would make to this profile would be a clinical dose of CarnoSyn beta-alanine, but apart from that this is what you are looking for in a stim-free pump product.

TASTE - 9/10

I gave this 9/10 because being unflavoured it should be good to go with pretty much any other pre, or just mix it up in some Gatorade and chug it. I did find that with some Fruit Punch or the lemon/mango flavoured pres I doubled this up with I would get a bit of an unpleasant aftertaste, hence the drop in mark. I feel if you want to make something unflavoured it should go well with anything, otherwise chuck in some natural flavours so you can chug it on its own. On that note, if you did chug it on its own in water it kinda tasty like water that has been left in a bottle in the sun for 6 months, not the best.

MIXABILITY 8/10

N Vein mixes well, but requires agitation due to the glycerol. You cant just dump it into a cup and swirl it a couple of times and it's done. If you don't use a mixer/blender or shaker cup, it will clump a bit. For that reason I have given N Vein 8/10, although I understand the limitations of using glycerol in terms of mixability. On that note, the storage stability of N Vein is excellent. I've had some real junky glycerol-containing supplements that gum up a week after you open the can, or sometimes already come gummed up (hello Pre-Gro). Bonus points to N Vein for not doing this.

DOSING

I dosed N Vein at 1 scoop when dosed with other pres. I upped the dosing a few times when dosed on its own, but didn't see much of an improvement in effectiveness when doing this, so I just switched back to 1 scoop. Unlike some other pump products, I didn't find that there was a sweet dosing window for effectiveness. I took N Vein anywhere from 10 to 30 mins prior to working out and the results were always consistent.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.3/10

The pump provided by N Vein is legit. It would only take me 1 set of proper concentration on contractions and hypertrophy to trigger N Vein's ingredients to work. To be honest I noticed the pumps the most on arm and upper body days, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't working hard on lower body days. In most cases, I am not really looking for a massive pump from a lower body workout, because back pumps suck and not having taurine in the ingredient profile leaves you exposed to the potential of that happening. Anyway, back to the pumps. They were solid, they would last all workout, and if I took a longer break or got distracted by a 10min phone call or whatever, N Vein kept the pumps going and it took just 1 set to get the blood rushing back into the muscles and filling them up nice and hard. I normally have a shower about an hour or 2 after my workout (after my meal and putting my kid to sleep) and after taking N Vein and having a good gym session I could still feel the pump in the shower, so yes the pump was definitely long lasting for me.

I did notice some vascularity in my arms and shoulders, as well as my quads, that was exaggerated when taking N Vein. I am not a very vascular person, and most pump products don't do much for me in this regard, so it was surprising to see this, and much welcome.

Finally, I also noticed that when taking N Vein I would drink more water. Whether this means N Vein helps keep you hydrated or not is up to you to decide, but I know I am hydrated before I go to gym, and if something makes me want to drink more and continue to be hydrated, then I would say that product helps with hydration. If that product also has electrolytes added to it, then that's even better. Top points for N Vein here.

VALUE - 9/10

For what you get, this is great value. You get 3 patented ingredients dosed at levels that work, along with electrolytes and the Potassium Bicarbonate and DiMagnesium Malate for increased fatigue reduction when you need it most. Most places will have this for under or right on $20 a tub, for 30 true 1 scoop servings. Stim-free pump only products are generally cheaper than their stimmed counterparts, but that doesn't mean you have to compromise on ingredients. If you double this up with a good stimmed product in the $20-30 range, you'd be outlaying $50 for 30odd servings of PWO that's right up there with the kitchen sink PWOs out on the market and if you pick the right stimmed product you know you'll be getting quality ingredients. In my opinion that's worth paying for.

CONCLUSION - 9.2/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on Nutrex's N Vein and found it to be a very effective stand-alone stim-free pump product. I also found that doubling it up with stimmed PWOs would produce a truly awesome PWO combination if you choose your products thoughtfully. The price of N Vein is definitely in the good to great value category. Having said all that, I would definitely purchase N Vein again with my own money, and I would definitely recommend N Vein to others. Thanks to Nutrex for a great product and thanks for reading my review.

July 23, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • High Quality Ingredients
    • Dye Free
    • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
    • Disclosed Label
    • On The Expensive Side
    • Exclusive To One Retailer
    • Not For Stim Tolerant
    When I purchase my tub of Pre-Kaged by Kaged Muscle, I was really excited to try what appeared on the label to be one of the most complete all-in-one pre-workouts on the market. Pre-Kaged is built in the mould of other all-in-one clinically-dosed PWOs such as NutraBio's Pre and my personal all-time favourite Muscle Marinade from Purus Labs. When it comes to full-spectrum PWOs like Pre-Kaged, you expect big things. So let's see how Pre-Kaged fared.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.2/10

On the surface, this ingredient profile looks amazing. The label is so comprehensive they need to put it sideways to fit all the info in. There's sticker after sticker of high-quality, patented ingredients. There's stickers telling you that it was made in the best facilities in the universe, and that no dumbbells are harmed in the production of this product. It's almost too good to be true. But when you dig into it, it's not all what it seems. Don't take that the wrong way, I still give the ingredient profile 9.2/10, which is a great score, but I feel like there are some things that could be improved/changed. I'll break them down below:

Pro-Pump complex - The level of L-Citrullene is great, but that's it. If you don't respond to it, then you're going to be hard pressed to get a pump. In all honesty though, I do respond to L-Citrullene so I don't have an issue with this blend.

Muscle Fuel Matrix - In other words, BCAAs. 3.5g of them. But it's a bit tricky, cos the next complex is 3g L-Leucine. So really, 6.5g of BCAAS, right? If that's true, then this is a good amount.

Endura-Burn Matrix - Beta alanine at half the clinical dose. Even though it's the patented Carnosyn, I still feel you need the clinical dose for maximum effectiveness. The capsicum extract didn't do much for me, apart from giving me a funny aftertaste.

Strength & Power - A bit underwhelming. 2g of BetaPower is nice, I would like 2.5g in my PWOs though. The Creatine HCl is also under-dosed IMO, I feel with creatine you gotta put in 5g of creapure, or none at all.

Hydrate & Defend - As others have said, 500mg coconut water extract is about half what most people want. I didn't feel a hydration benefit from Pre-Kaged, so im going to agree with them. The other 'stuff' is just that, 'stuff'.

Neuro-Focus Matrix - The taurine is good, the caffeine is a little bit below pare for most people. I would have liked to have seen some other focus ingredients in here, as I didn't feel the tunnel-vision focus I was expecting from this sort of product.

There are minimal dyes and flavours, meaning your shaker and insides don't get stained, which is always a plus. I have to give it to Kaged Muscle for being able to pack so much into a PWO and still make it 1 - mix well and 2 - taste bearable.

Taste - 7/10

I had the fruit punch flavour. It tasted good, but was not amazing. I got through the tub without hating it, but without loving it, hence the middle of the road rating.

Mixability - 8/10

Pre-Kaged mixed up well in a shaker cup, although there was some grit down the bottom that could be swirled up, but you could never leave your shaker completely clean. Not that all unexpected with such a comprehensive ingredient profile.

Dosage - As this is a true one-scooper that's how I dosed it. If you need to take more than 1 scoop of a PWO that is 32g then the PWO just isn't effective in my opinion.

Effectiveness - 8.8/10

The effectiveness of Pre-Kaged is broken down into the respective categories that a PWO should have:

Energy - 8/10

With not enough caffeine in my opinion, and not many supporting energy or focus ingredients, it was always going to struggle to blow you away. And so it was. The focus and energy was increased, and there was no jitters or crash, but it just wasn't 'enough' for me and I assume for many other (as I am not a stim junkie).

Pump - 9.5/10

The pump was real, and I attribute a lot of that to me responding well to L-Citrullene. If you didn't respond well to L-Citrulline then you might not see the same results.

Endurance & Hydration - 8/10

With the BCAAs and the coconut extract, I was expecting more from the endurance aspect of Pre-Kaged. I was a little disappointed in this regard. The endurance and hydration was no better than your standard intra BCAA drink, which you can pick up for really cheap.

Strength & Power - 8.5/10

Again, nothing earth-shattering, but competent. I didn't feel like I was hitting extra reps or doing heavier weight because of Pre-Kaged. I think a lot of this component ties in with the energy, if you are in the zone and focused then you tend to lift more weight or lift more reps. If you don't have that tunnel-vision focus, then I don't think you can truly benefit from extra reps/weight.

Recovery - 8/10

I didn't feel an increase, or decrease, in my recovery from normal with Pre-Kaged. I must point out that half way through my tub of Pre-Kaged I added in BioGro into my recovery stack, which I respond really well too, and it was noticeable within a week that my recovery was improving. That's the benchmark for me, and although Pre-Kaged is not touted as a recovery product, the addition of the BCAAs should
    improve your recovery. They did, but I wouldn't say any more than your standard intra BCAA product.

Side Effects - 0/10

Nothing to report here, all good as you would expect with high-quality ingredients.

VALUE - 7.5/10

When you're talking a PWO that's going to cost you $1.50 a serving, you're talking top tier. When you're talking top tier pricing, you demand top tier performance. I have no issues paying $1.50 a serving of PWO if the performance warrants it. For the profile of Pre-Kaged you'd go yeah sure, all those quality ingredients cost a lot, I'm happy to shell out for it. BUT it must perform to a level that matches 1 - the quality of the ingredients and 2 - the price. Otherwise you could just get a high stim PWO and some intra product for the same price and get a better result. I felt for the price Pre-Kaged did not perform to a standard I would expect, hence the middle of the road rating. I have not really seen Pre-Kaged on sale, so the $1.50 a serving price tag seems to be the standard. I'd pay that much per serving for my absolute top PWOs, I would not pay that much again for Pre-Kaged.

CONCLUSION - 8/10

I was really excited to get into Pre-Kaged. I like the comprehensive PWOs that have everything included and use high-quality ingredients. Pre-Kaged worked well for me, but I was a little disappointed with the overall performance for what promised to be the top level of PWOs, among the best I've ever used. I was happy to pay the extra for this product, if the performance warranted it. In the end I have to admit that while I did enjoy my time on Pre-Kaged, I will be looking elsewhere for my next full-spectrum PWO. Would I buy this again with my own money? Probably not unless it was on special. Would I recommend this product to others? To serious experienced gym goers? Probably not. It would be a good PWO for someone who just goes to the gym and wants an everything in one PWO.

June 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Very Effective
    • Well-dosed Ingredients
    • Hard To Get Out Of Tub
    Good evening SR community, today I will be reviewing a sleep product/GH booster product that I picked up on a mega sale from a supplement company I'd never heard of in ANS, but with what looked like a solid profile that I had faith would deliver. On to the review.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.7/10

First look at this ingredient profile is positive. There's 9g of product per serve, which is quite high for a sleep formula/GH booster. That says to me that there's a good deal of something good in here, or a lot of filler. Hopefully the former. The 9g is in a prop blend, which is not unusual for sleep formulas, as they seem to be a close-guarded secret. While I generally dislike prop blends, in sleep formulas that still have a bit of 'black magic' in their effectiveness, I understand the reasoning.

First on the list in the prop blend is GABA, so you're going to have to assume there's a bit of it in there. With 9g to play with there's a good chance the clinical dose, or close to it, is present. Next is Phenibut, which again, there's a lot of room to play with the 9g so I would guess that there's a decent slug of this in there. Following that is some L-Taurine and N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine which once again has plenty of room to fit in to the prop blend. Finally the ingredient profile is rounded off with Melatonin, which doesn't require much so I'm going to assume that the clinical dose is included. As usual there's some fillers and flavouring in there, but there isn't much in the way of dyes which was evident when mixed, and I like to see that. I want to finish off the ingredient profile by saying that I have rated it so high and have indicated that I believe that clinical doses, or close to them, are in Soma GH not only because of a 9g prop blend to fit them all in, but because the product was bloody effective (see effectiveness section) so I have no reason to doubt the ingredients.

TASTE - 9.8/10

I had the Pineapple flavour, which was the only flavour I could get, and it tasted amazing. Mixed up I would look forward to drinking this every time, right to the end of the tub. On a few instances I actually just ate this straight up, and I like sweets like Nerds and really sharp tasting lollies, so I loved this stuff. I love it how most supplement companies make their sleep formulas taste great, it's a great way to finish off the day.

MIXABILITY - 1/10

That's right, 1. This stuff was a brick when I received it. Like an actual brick. I am lucky I have scales at home and I could weight this out, and I had to chip it out of the tub with a knife. The product was so unusable that I actually rang the company I bought it from and they agreed and gave me a further discount on the product and 15% off my next order, so it was legit. The only reason I did not give this a negative score is because I bought a further 2 tubs of this stuff and it seems to be less of a brick and at least scoop-able, so perhaps I had a bad batch first up as it was not old stock. Once you chipped it out and got water on it, it mixed up quite nicely with minimal grit, you just needed to let it sit for a few minutes.

DOSING

Being a Phenibut-containing product I am always weary of how I dose this product and for how long. With Soma GH I didn't have to dose above the 9g 1 scoop, ever. I did not dose Soma GH more than 3 nights in a row, because that's how I like to dose Phenibut products, and then take 1-2 days off or use a different sleep aid that doesn't contain Phenibut. Doing this does not give me any addictive issues with Phenibut and maintains its effectiveness throughout the tub. Dosing was always done 20-30 minutes before bed time, at which point I would feel the melatonin taking over and went to sleep easily.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.8/10

Soma GH is one of the most effective sleep aid products ive ever taken. 1 scoop in and 20-30 minutes later I could feel the melatonin and other ingredients working and feeling sleepy, at which point I would head to bed. Getting to sleep was never a problem, normally I can get to sleep within 10 minutes of getting in bed, this was slightly less with Soma GH but not instant lights out stuff. Once I was asleep though it was night night Irene, I was right out until my alarm went off. I have a 1 year old son that sometimes wakes up through the night and there were instances where I completely slept through it, including my wife waking up and checking on him and coming back to bed, despite the monitor being on my side. And normally I am what I would classify as a light sleeper. This stuff legit knocks you out. Upon waking I would feel a little bit groggy, but within 15 minutes and having a shower and some breakfast I was ready to go. This was a similar situation if I'd had 7 hours or 9 hours of sleep.

In terms of GH boosting and recovery, Soma GH was quite effective for me. I'm currently doing a full Smolov program for squats, and that is a lot of work, on top of my other body parts. I'm also clearing forested land on the weekends to build a new house, so lots of physical work outside of the gym too. I found Soma GH gave me not only the sleep but also the recovery in my body to be able to go again the next day. A lot of sleep aids do a good job of knocking you out but aren't so great on the recovery aspect, Soma GH was great on both.

Overall, Soma GH had the 2 punch combo of being a great sleep aid and getting you to sleep, with a generous prop blend that included proven ingredients at what felt like clinical or close to clinical doses, as well as providing excellent recovery properties at a time where I personally required them.

VALUE - 9.5/10

Soma GH appears to be on run out or out of stock at most places at this point in time, including on ANS's website. Their price is $50, some other places are selling it in the $30s. I picked up my tubs for $13 each, which was on run out and a steal. At $30-40 for 35 servings, this stuff would be a steal. An effective steal.

CONCLUSION - 9.6/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on Soma GH, so much so that I bought another 2 tubs of the stuff. It is an effective sleep aid and GH booster/recovery product, with a generous prop blend (9g) with ingredients that appear to be dosed at clinical doses or near clinical doses. Obviously the first part of my standard conclusion is answered, yes I would buy this again with my own money. Would I recommend this product? Absolutely I would, it's one of the top-tier sleep aid/GH boosters out on the market. Thanks for reading guys.

Overall
    Overall
    9.2
    9.3
    9.5
    Thanks to Pumped Sports for sending it out!
      April 8, 2017

• Focus
    • Clean Profile
    • No Dyes
    • Consistent Pumps
    • Well-Rounded
    • Consistently Effective
    • Improved Focus
    Hello SR community, today I will be putting in my review for Pumped Sports preworkout product, Loaded. First of all thanks to Pumped Sports for participating in the TROOP program, and also for being very approachable to any questions and very prompt to respond. Customer service is not dead it seems.

For my time on Loaded I was training 5 days a week looking to recomp and get some strength back after 3 months of dieting.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9/10

The ingredient profile of Loaded is very solid. Pumped Sports have used patented versions of Beta Alanine, Agmatine, Nitrosigine and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate). To me this shows commitment to quality ingredients, something we are seeing more of in the supplement industry these days, which is only a good thing.

I feel like Pumped Sports went a little bit of a kitchen sink approach with Loaded, and for that reason I had to take some points off, as some of the ingredients seem underdosed. Sometimes it's better to have a couple less ingredients but dose the ones you have at the industry-accepted doses. I understand the potential synergistic effects of combining pump or focus or energy ingredients, but on the whole I find this to be marketing spin most of the time and in the end those types of products don't seem to perform to the same level that a simpler but clinically dosed product does.

Having said all that, when you look at the ingredient profile and see the Beta Alanine, the list of pump ingredients and >250mg of caffeine, you're pretty much guaranteed to get something out of this product. The lack of dyes was very refreshing and something every supplement company should take note of.

TASTE - 9.5/10

I have pineapple flavour and the taste was really nice and refreshing. It didn't get tired through the tub and I was never not looking forward to drinking this product.

MIXABILITY - 10/10

Flawless. No issues with mixing, or even just swirling in a cup. I never had an instance of grit or clumps at the bottom of the shaker. The lack of dyes means your shaker cup isn't stained.

DOSAGE

I dose Loaded at 1 scoop and found the effectiveness of the product was pretty good at that level. At various stages, when I was very tired prior to gym, I'd dose a heaped scoop, and found the energy to be very solid at that point, bordering on what my body could tolerate (I am not a stim junkie). I did also experiment with using half a scoop of Loaded and a full scoop of Nutrex N-Vein, but I didn't find this combination to be as effective as just a scoop of Loaded would be (for pump obviously). I found that taking Loaded 15mins before a workout was the most effective option for me.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.3/10

Pumps - Loaded gives you very solid pumps that you don't have to work too hard for to achieve. A couple of early sets of 15-20 reps and the blood is flowing and the pumps are coming. I'm not a very vascular person, so I didn't see the vein-popping that some people see with pump products, nevertheless the pumps I did see were very solid. Pumps lasted well after the workout, and should you lose your pump waiting for a machine or something in the gym, all it would take is 1 set and they're back again.

Focus - The focus and stim ingredients in Loaded ensure solid focus. From the time the PWO kicked in you were on a mission to lift dem weights. I found that making sure I knew exactly how my workout was laid out prior to hitting the gym was the most effective way to utilise the focus effects of Loaded. When you're lifting a lot of repetitive sets like 8 x 3 and 10 x 3, the focus component of a PWO is critical, especially on days when you're not feeling it 100%.

Energy - Loaded gave me a solid energy increase that lasted through my workouts and wouldn't begin to drop down until about 2 hours after ingestion. My favourite part of Loaded's energy profile was that the energy build was smooth and consistent, not a smack to the face bang bang here's the energy, nor did it make my heart want to explode if I went extra hard on high rep sets in the gym. One benefit I've found with products who build the energy rather than shock you with it is the lack of crash, and I didn't have any crash with Loaded, even at 1 heaped scoop.

VALUE - 9.5/10

Loaded is not widely available, but Tigerfitness are flogging it for $35 for a 30 serving tub. That's very very solid value for what you get with quality ingredients.

CONCLUSION - 9.2/10

Pumped Sports Loaded is a combination of a number of high quality ingredients that show Pumped Sports commitment to quality. While the ingredient profile smacks a bit of a kitchen sink approach and hope it works, the fact is that Loaded does work and does deliver in all effectiveness departments (Pumps, Focus and Energy). Combine that with the excellent sale price ($35 on TF.com) and you have a very solid PWO to put into your supp arsenal. A lack of dyes will keep your shaker cup and your insiders happy too. If I have a criticism of Loaded it would be that I would take out a couple of the ingredients that are there for pump and energy and replace them with higher, clinical doses of the quality ingredients they have already included in their profile. Things like upping Carnosyn to 3.2g, Agmapure to 1.5g or Nitrosegine to 1g or slightly more would be a couple of things I would look at. All in all though, Loaded worked for me and I was very happy with the results. Would I buy this product again with my own money? Absolutely, availability would be the only thing holding me back. Would I recommend this product to others? Yes, this product suits such a wide variety of users that most people will find a place for it in their sup cupboard. Thank you once again Pumped Sports for participating in the TROOP program and sending me this product to review.

March 14, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Calming
    • Deep Sleep
    • Good Recovery
    • No Grogginess
      Good evening once again SR community, tonight I will be putting in my review for ProSupps night time sleep/GH boosting product, Crash. I have been a big fan of sleep/GH boosters for a long time, and there are a lot of them out there these days, many of them are very powerful. So when ProSupps offering came up on sale, I thought hey yeah I can give this a go.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 8.5/10

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 8.5/10

There's nothing amazing in Crash, and it's all hidden up in a prop blend. Now, normally I really dislike prop blends, but in the case of sleep/GH boosters, it seems to be the standard across the board. While I still don't like them, I understand how a unique sleep/GH formula can make the difference between 1 that works, one that doesn't, and one that leaves you with a terrible sleep hangover. So while I would normally crucify a prop blend like this in a PWO, postworkout or intra product, I am less inclined to can it in a sleep aid.

The profile itself is largely based on GABA, according to the prop blend (it's the first ingredient). 2 x pills will get you pretty much 1g of the prop blend, and I'm going to assume GABA is a large component of this. Aside from the GABA, there's some Valerian Root in there, some L-Tryptophan and some 5-HTP which I thought was interesting for a sleep aid. As an anxiety sufferer, 5-HTP is a daily supplement for me at 150mg, so it was nice to see this included in Crash, and for me at least I know it's something that works for me in terms of relaxing me down and contributes to a good night sleep. Overall though, Crash has nothing amazing or ground-breaking in its formulation, hence the score.

TASTE + MIXABILITY

N/A for these guys seeing they are tabs. No nasty burps but I felt the green tea extract warmed me up a little bit, which wasn't great for someone like me who is already a hot sleeper and it being our summer over here.

DOSING

ProSupps states that most users get 'desired effect from 1 x pill'. They're not wrong. For the majority of my time on Crash I was dosing at 1 x pill per night, although I did experiment with 2 pills. The obvious benefit of dosing at 1 pill means you can get 60 days of use out of a single can, which is very attractive for the value. I found the difference to be minimal, although I would only go 2 pills when I knew I was going to get 8+ hours sleep to make it worthwhile. I found 1 x pill was plenty for me on any given normal night. I found that giving Crash 45mins to work was the sweet spot for me.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.2/10

Crash certainly crashes you out and gives you a good night sleep. I would take Crash with a casein protein shake about 45mins before bed, and by the time I got into bed I was already sleepy and fell asleep quite quickly. When I took 2 pills I didn't feel the effects come on any quicker, but once asleep I would be asleep for longer. To put things into perspective, during my time on Crash I moved house to a farmhouse out in the country, next door to my proposed new house which is woodland that requires clearing, which means hours on a chainsaw every weekend and moving lots of heavy logs, as well as going to gym. Safe to say, most nights I was shot by the time I got into bed. For me, recovery was critical, I needed to recover from gym and working the land so that I could get back up in the morning and go again. I felt Crash helped me with my DOMS and general recover too. Perhaps the most impressive thing I noticed from Crash is that the deep and restful sleep allowed my mental wellbeing to remain level, at a time where it would be very easy to get stressed out and allow bad thoughts to take over. In my experience the best thing for stress and anxiety are 1 - lots of exercising and 2 - deep, restful sleep. At a time when I was under stress for long periods, I was able to rely on Crash to ensure I had a good nights sleep and recovery to continue on the next day. This is not to say that Crash was anything groundbreaking and the best sleep aid I've ever had, but at the time when I needed it to perform, it did. You cant ask for much more from any supplement.

VALUE - 9.5/10

I picked this up on a BOGO for $29.95 for 2 at NP. That's a crazy good price, but most other places seem to have this around the $30 mark. Sleep aids tend to be a little expensive on a per dose basis, and as Crash didn't have any groundbreaking ingredients, I think the value is pretty standard for products in this category. If you dose at 1 pill per night you get 2 months out of a can of Crash, and that's exceptional value.

SIDE EFFECTS - 0/10

No issues at all when taking Crash. Whether I took 1 or 2 pills there was no sleep hangover. I would need a minute or 2 to wake up in the morning, but then I was good to go. There was a warm feeling soon after taking Crash that I put down to the green tea extract, but as that is a design of the product I don't class that as a side effect.

CONCLUSION - 9.1/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on ProSupps Crash. On the surface of it, Crash appears to be a fairly standard sleep aid/GH booster. I found Crash to be very effective for me as a sleep aid and recovery aid, at a time where I was demanding a lot of supplements and my own body. Whilst the profile is a prop blend and a little simple, it works, and at the end of the day that's what matters. Would I buy Crash again with my own money? If it was on BOGO then yes definitely. Would I recommend Crash to others? Yes, I cant really say anything negative about Crash. Thanks for reading guys and thanks to ProSupps for another great product.

March 6, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Pumps
      • Some Energy
      • Fully-disclosed Ingredients
      • Minimal Dyes
      • Minimal Energy Kick
      Good evening SR community, today I will be doing a review for a company I had never heard of before in Advanced Muscle Science or AMS, and their preworkout product Bad Mofo. At least the name will give you a laugh if nothing else, but this product promises insane pumps and focus, so it must be good, right? Let's find out.

WORKOUT PLAN

WORKOUT PLAN

For my time using Bad Mofo I was following mostly a 5 x 5 strength program, with a late change to a 5 day split basics workout to try and get some recomp and heavy weights back into me. Most workouts consisted of the big main lifts, followed by hypertrophy on the accessory exercises.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.2/10

The pump components of Bad Mofo a bunch of stock-standard and fully disclosed, well dosed ingredients that are pretty much guaranteed to give you a pump. 3g each of citrullene malate, arginine AKG and Di-Arginine malate, along with 500mg of agmatine sulfate are pretty much just going to get you a pump regardless. I wouldn't even bother increasing the citrullene to 6g as is the most accepted dosage, because of the other pump ingredients. Seriously, if you don't get a pump from this lifting isn't for you. Then you get 200mg of caffeine, 100mg bitter orange extract and 20mg synephrine. Nothing really jumps out at me from the energy and focus side of things there, in fact pretty weak by todays standards. I would have added in some Beta Alanine to round this one off at the very least and re-done the energy/focus component. There is no creatine at all in this, which I am OK with because I feel you need to add in either 5g of Creapure or nothing at all.

There were minimal dyes in Bad Mofo, which is good, but the one thing I will point out is that the serving size is '1 scoop'. What is 1 scoop? In this day and age you need to put down the grams of product per scoop, because people like me just don't trust that your scoop is the right size, because sometimes it's not. Anyway, the long and short of it is the ingredients add up to pretty much 10g, and 1 scoop on my scales was 10g, so the end story is there's minimal fillers, so everything checks out.

TASTE/MIXABILITY - 9.5/10

I had the Fruit Punch flavour. It was pretty damn nice and not chemical or overpowering. I didn't get tired of this flavour through the whole tub. Mixing was great, no clumps or grit left in the bottom of the container.

DOSING

I initially dosed Bad Mofo at 1 scoop, which was OK for the first 3-4 workouts. But then I had to up the dosage to 1.5 scoops and higher. I was hesitant to go harder than that, which ill explain in the effectiveness section. I found I got the most out of Bad Mofo dosing it about 10-15mins before working out.

EFFECTIVENESS - Pump 9.5/10, Energy 5/10 overall 7.5/10

I'll break down effectiveness into the 2 categories on the front of the label, Insane Pumps and Focus:

Insane Pumps - 9.5/10

Well yeah, with that pump ingredient profile you'd get a pump out of this sitting on the couch at home and not going near a weight. Pumps were there in the first 1-2 sets, and stayed for the whole workout. Switching from hypertrophy to 5x5 through your workout dropped the pump, but a single higher-rep set brought it back on again, which was nice. Pumps were lasting and consistent pretty much every workout. I will point out that im not a really vascular person, so the vein-popping wasnt out of this world, but the fullness and expansion of the muscle volume certainly was. This included stuff like back and hammys, which are traditionally hard to get to pump on.

Insane Focus - 5/10

A total flop. I had some increased energy in the first 3-4 workouts at one scoop, but the focus was never really there. So I increased it to 1.5 scoops and then almost 2 scoops at some stages, but at that point you're getting close enough to 400mg of caffeine into you, and really it's diminishing returns at that point. If close to 400mg of caffeine in a PWO isn't getting you the energy and focus you want, then really it's time to look elsewhere. I'm not a very stim-tolerant person, so someone who is stim-tolerant wont feel much from this. AMS would be well served to go back and re-think the energy and focus part of Bad Mofo as I feel it wasn't very imaginative. With a poor energy/focus component, Bad Mofo is flying on 1 engine instead of 2.

VALUE - 9/10

Bad Mofo is cheap. NP is selling it for $23, so under $1 for 30 servings. For me I had to get up to almost 2 scoops so the value was decreased, but for a pump product with a little bit of energy it's still great value at that price. You would need to add some sort of energy supplement to Bad Mofo to really get a kick in the gym in my opinion.

CONCLUSION - 7.5/10

AMS had a good go at Bad Mofo and have created a very solid pump profile. It's nothing ground-breaking, and it's not using any patented ingredients, but it most definitely works. As far as the energy component goes, Bad Mofo is not going to make you a bad focused mofo in the gym. I feel like AMS did a great pump profile and the energy and focus was kinda an after-thought, so they just chucked some caffeine in there and hoped for the best. It's still a very solid pump product and well-priced, but you will need to supplement with a pure energy supplement to get the most out of it in my opinion. Would I buy this product again with my own money? I would probably look elsewhere at something that was a pure pump product with patented ingredients at around the same price or cheaper. Would I recommend this product to others? If they were looking for a pump product with a little energy, yes. This would make a good beginners PWO who wants to feel the pump but doesn't need the hardcore stims. Thanks for reading guys!

January 30, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • DOMS Reduction
      • Increased Hydration
      • Prop Blend
      Hi Guys, today im going to review a product that I picked up on a super special and thought hey you know what, Dymatize are a pretty good brand, it's worth a punt. What you'll find out through this review is that sometimes it's better to keep your money in your pocket, no matter how good the deal looks.

INTRODUCTION

INTRODUCTION

For the time I was using MPS Muscle Builder I was at the end of my cutting phase and was getting very low on energy and strength reserves, so an intra/post product like MPS Muscle Builder that worked would be a huge benefit to me. For the second tub of MPS Muscle Builder I was on a maintenance diet and utilising a 5x5 program to start getting some of that strength I lost during my cut back.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 5/10

Yeah, im going to can this product right here. So the serving size is 1 scoop/18grams, and it actually is about 18g, so that's good. You get 3 grams of carbs, 2g of protein, but this I dont get, because in the bottom section of the label there's 2.4g of 'pH targeted' WPI. So is this 2g just your 'standard' protein thrown in for fun? Either they are double-dipping on their protein level and counting it twice, or they are adding in 2 different types of protein, for whatever reason. 7g of a prop blend BCAA mix is good, apart from the prop blend but I can take it with BCAAs as the ratios arent really a secret to anyone, and a couple of novel ingredients thrown in to help with hydration at the end. There are very minimal dyes in this, which is a tick in my book because aint nobody got any time for dyes staining their shaker and ass all up.

Anyway, so I said I was going to can the product? Well you take into account a scoop is 18g, 10.2g of that is the MPS Matrix with the BCAA's and 'pH targeted' WPI, and you're left with 9.8g of stuff. 3g of that is 'carbs', so now you're left with 6.8g of 'stuff'. Even if you take the protein on the top section of the label into account, that's still 4.8g, or almost 5g of 'stuff'. That's just not acceptable in my book. I cant honestly put this stuff into my body knowing that in every scoop there's 5g of stuff I dont know what it is going into me. Sorry Dymatize, but you need to re-work the formulation to not have so much unknown stuff in it, or list it on the label.

TASTE - 7/10

For something with 5g of unknown stuff, you'd reckon at least some of that would be put to good use to make this taste better than the tears of a crying Pats fan when they lose the SuperBowl next weekend. Unfortunately, you'd be disappointed. I had the Fruit Punch flavour, and it tastes very medicinal with a nasty after taste. You could chug it down, but you would want to do it rather quick so you could get over the taste quickly. Nowhere near any of the best tasting BCAA/intra supps out there.

MIXABILITY - 8.5/10

Mixing was OK, if you left it in the shaker it would settle (probably some of that 'stuff') and you would need to swirl it around again, but not too bad.

DOSING

I took 1 scoop initially as an intra-workout, but I seem to have an issue taking carbs and sugars during my workout, as they give me a nasty headache/blood pressure issues. This product did that but it's not the products' fault, I know this is just how my body responds so I wont be taking marks off here.

EFFECTIVENESS - 8/10

MPS Muscle Builder was a solid without being spectacular performer in terms of a recovery product. I did feel that my DOMS was reduced whilst taking this product. I did feel some hydration improvement, especially post workout where I would slam this and then want to drink water aswell, trying to rehydrate myself again. I cant really comment too much on MPS Muscle Builder as an intra product, as I didnt take it enough times to make proper judgement.

It's always tough to judge the effectiveness of these sorts of products. Unless you get an elimination of DOMS, or amazing recovery and strength gains, I always feel like there's a bit of 'yeah, it may be working, but I may also have just changed my diet a bit, or trained a little differently' with them. Having said that, when I switched to 5x5 workouts again and was trying to push heavy weight, I thought my DOMS would be worse, and for that I have to give MPS Muscle Builder some credit.

SIDE EFFECTS - 0/10

Nothing to report here. Aside from a pretty average taste, I never had an upset stomach or needed to do a dunny stop half way through a workout or an explosive dump after a workout or anything like that. I had no issues stacking MPS Muscle Builder with pre's, and other posts if required.

VALUE - 7/10

It's tough to find this product anywhere online at the moment, most retailers are saying it's out of stock, which leads me to think it may be discontinued soon. M&S are flogging it for $25 a tub (20 servings) which is too much. I picked it up on sale for $9.95 a tub, which was good value on the face of it, but with so much unknown stuff in it I wouldnt pay for this product again.

CONCLUSION - 6/10

Sometimes when you see stuff on sale and you think hey this looks good I might try this out, you get lucky. Other times you get MPS Muscle Builder. With a very suspicious ingredient profile, average at best taste, although the effectiveness was good enough, I still couldnt see myself looking at this product again in the future. Would I buy this product again with my own money? No. Would I recommend this product to others? No. Thanks for reading guys.

December 19, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Easy Mixing
      • Underdosed
      Hello team SR! Today I will be reviewing a product I picked up pretty much only because it was on what appeared to be a pretty good sale and I was on holidays and trying to stock up on supps. The product in question is Bodytech's amino acid profile, Critical Aminos XT. Let's get down to it.

BACKGROUND

Earlier this year I was on holiday in Hawaii, and because supplements are so damn expensive in Australia, I decided to stock up with as much as I could while I was over there and bring it back home. One of the places I went to was the Vitamin Shoppe, because it was close and I didnt have to wait for stuff to arrive in the mail. At the time VS were having a line drive sale on all Bodytech stuff, but Critical Aminos XT is the only thing I purchased from them.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 7/10

The ingredient profile is neither great, nor particularly bad. There's 2.5g of Glutamine, less of each of the other aminos listed on the profile (see ingredients) but to me it's nothing ground-breaking. Which is OK for an intra/amino drink, because hey, there's really only a few main ingredients you want from this kind of product anyway.

The dosages are way down. Instantly when I was looking through this product I thought OK, I will need to double scoop this straight off the bat, so take that into account when looking at value. I think a single scoop is a waste of time with this ingredient profile.

Dyes man. The dyes suck. They stain your shaker cup, they stain your sink, they stain your lips and your insides too. There's just no need for them.

Props to Bodytech for providing a full disclosure of ingredients (no prop blends), but to be fair, there's really not much you'd want to hide in an intra product, everyone know what's in there anyway. If someone had a prop blend intra I wouldnt buy it on principle.

Finally, what's the go with 'about 45' servings? What is that? Seriously, is this backyard bob mixing stuff up in his garage? How does a supplement company get away with not listing the exact number of servings in its product?

DOSAGE

Straight up when you look at the ingredient profile, you know you're going to be taking at least 2 scoops, so I wont even go into dosage on 1 scoop. At 2 scoops, you're getting a solid 5g of glutamine, which is probably what's going to do all the help with your DOMS and recovery. There's a smaller level of other aminos, which are nice, but doubling them up definitely makes it something you would actually want to take. Again, the glutamine is really the workhorse in this product.

On training days I would fill my shaker up with this about 30mins before training, and continue to sip it through my training and for about an hour afterwards. On non-training days, i'd fill up my shaker cup at some point during the day and sip for an hour or so.

MIXABILITY - 9.5/10

Critical Aminos XT mixed easily in a shaker cup with minimal shaking/stirring. Minimal residue left in the cup. Staining was a pain.

TASTE - 7.5/10

I bought the fruit punch flavour. It was OK, nothing to write home about, and when mixed in 20-24oz like I normally would do, it was pretty easy to drink down. I didnt try mixing at the recommended dosage of 6-10oz, but I would imagine it would be quite a strong and dye-filled flavour at that concentration.

EFFECTIVENESS - 7/10

Hydration - I felt that Critical Aminos XT made me drink more during my workout, mostly due to the taste that was a little bit sugary and artificial, and I felt like I always needed something to drink to keep my mouth from getting too sticky and dry. This is OK, it's one way to keep yourself hydrated, but it's also cheating a little bit, especially seeing there are no real hydration additives in the product.

Endurance - I felt the endurance aspect to be quite comparable to other similar intra products. I have been taking intras constantly for the past 3-4 months, and I havent seen a drop off in endurance effectiveness while using Critical Aminos XT, so I would have to admit it does a good job here.

DOMS - This is where the product lost some marks from me. Going from taking a supplement with 10g+ BCAA's per serving, to Critical Aminos XT, well the Glutamine just couldnt make up the difference. My DOMS increased whilst on this product, and while i'm sure my DOMS were better than they would have been with no intra/recovery/glutamine product, I still felt a drop off in effectiveness from my previous product, hence the lower score.

SIDE EFFECTS - 1/10

There's a mark here basically for the dyes. They run through me and make my poo a funny colour. It's just not really cool in 2016 to have them.

VALUE - 7/10

Critical Aminos XT retails at the VS for $19.95. I picked it up for $9.95 during a Bodytech line drive sale and I thought that was a pretty solid price. With approx. 45 1 scoop servings, you half that and for $10 22 servings is not bad value for something that's OK. My recommendation is if you can pick it up for $10 consider it, but any more than that dont worry as you can get glutamine on its own for much cheaper.

OVERALL - 7/10

Critical Aminos XT was a middle of the road intra product that at 1 scoop is underdosed and needs to be taken at 2 scoops minimum. That does knock down the value so the only time I would consider this product would be on a solid sale. Would I pay for this product with my own money? No, i've done it once and even at $10 I would probably look elsewhere. Would I recommend this product? Not really, I think there is better performing and better value products out on the market.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
        November 7, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decent Pump
      • Good Focus
      Good evening SR community! For tonight's review I will be looking at Outbreak Nutrition's PWO, Virus. Firstly, I would like to thank Outbreak Nutrition for being so kind to send me a tub of Virus as part of the TROOPS program. I understand how difficult it is to send product to Australia, so the gesture is much appreciated. On to the review!

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 8/10

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 8/10

There's really nothing in Virus that is ground-breaking or earth-shattering, but there are a lot of proven ingredients. And no prop blends, which is thankfully becoming the standard in supplements these days. The basics are caffeine, dosed at 214mg (not sure the reasons behind that specific dosage, anyway) which is a medium-level and suitable for most users. Some stim junkies love a higher level of caffeine and/or other stimulants, but I have always thought that being cracked-out on stims masks deficiencies in product performance, and is also a short-term thing, much like meth. You get too used to a high-stimmed product quickly as opposed to a well-dosed stim product, which you will continue to benefit from throughout the tub in my opinion.

Cymbidian goerringii was an ingredient that I hadnt come across before, and many thanks to fellow reviewer War Machine for giving everyone some background on it. I felt Outbreak really hit the jackpot with this ingredient combined with patented AGMass Agmatine sulfate, as my pumps were really solid from first to last scoop. I am all for patented, more potent versions of common ingredients (AGMass, CarnoSyn, Creapure etc) as they seem to pack more of a punch and be more effective. Combine them with Hordenine or Astragin for added absorption and you're getting maximum bang for your buck and no filler.

Finally on the ingredient front, I felt the other ingredients were well-dosed and being a prop blend it's great to see exactly how much of each ingredient is in there. Virus also didnt stain my cup, so minimal dyes are used, which is another benefit.

DOSAGE

I dosed Virus at 1 scoop for pretty much the entire tub, moving up to 1 heaped scoop towards the end. I must mention that prior to taking Virus I was taking an adrenal reset product (BPS Adrenosurge) and that stuff really works, for the first week on Virus the stims were hitting me really hard, it was legit. Once I was back to having stims in my system I felt 1 heaped scoop was sufficient. I didnt feel the need to go higher, then again I am not a stim junkie.

MIXABILITY - 9.5/10

Virus mixed easily in a shaker cup with minimal shaking/stirring. Minimal residue left in the cup.

TASTE - 7/10

I received the Orange flavour. When you open up the tub it smells like orange Tic Tacs (you guys have them in the states?) which made you feel like you were in for a good time. When you took a swig though, there was a bit of a nasty chemical taste, like bad cough medicine, and you really had to just chug the thing down. I dont think i've ever had a supplement that smelled so good but tasted so average. It wasnt the worst by any means or undrinkable, it just wasnt as nice as the smell indicated it might be.

EFFECTIVENESS - 8.5/10

Energy & Focus (8.5/10) - I felt Virus kick in about 10mins after taking. It was a slow build up and the stims and focus ingredients just kept building in the body until it got to a 'good place' where it was time to get to the gym and lift. 20-30mins prior to workout was the sweet spot for me. Energy and focus was consistent throughout the tub, I never really felt the need to increase my dosage.

Pump (8/10) - On the face of it, I wasnt expecting to get much if any pump from Virus. Unproven herbal extracts and what appeared at the time to be under-dosed agmatine didnt really excite me. Well Virus made a believer out of me. On top of the excellent energy and focus, I had excellent pump throughout my workouts. They were a little short lived and died down quick after my workout, but during a shoulder or chest session they were legit, probably at the level that nitrates get me to, gotta be impressed with that.

Thermo effect (5/10) - I noticed increased heat around the face/head and some increased sweating while taking Virus, but it was nothing out of this world nor was it something I was particularly concerned about. Middle of the road.

Endurance (7.5/10) - I give endurance an average mark because 20-30mins after taking Virus I was ready to lift, but it did really die off after 70-90mins of lifting, and it was tough to keep focus after that time. I would have to say Virus provides suitable endurance without being spectacular.

SIDE EFFECTS - 1/10

I have to put a mark in here because if I took a heaped scoop on an empty stomach I would feel some discomfort in my gut for a while after ingestion. This would disappear within about 30-40mins but it was still something I could do without. After some workouts I would feel a little out of it, but I think that was more my intensity than Virus.

VALUE - 6/10

As other reviewers have stated, at roughly $65USD for 28 servings, it's nasty value. However, walk into any bricks n mortar store in Australia and you will be lucky to find any PWO on the shelves for under that price. Online stores are similar in price. The invoice on the delivery docket said it cost them $64.99AUD, so i'm going to use that for a local sale price. Based on that, this offers average to good value for a PWO in Australia. Any wonder I buy my supplements from the states and ship them?

OVERALL - 8/10

Virus is a good pre-workout, without being a ridiculously good pre workout. The fully-disclosed ingredient profile is a big plus, so are the lack of dyes, and the ingredients are dosed well in my opinion. Most importantly, they work. The downer to Virus is the price and the fact stim junkies probably need more in the way of stims to make this work for them. On sale, this would be a handy pick up for when you arent sure if you need stims or pump PWO, you will get a good mix of the 2. An improvement in the flavour system would also be beneficial. Now the moment of truth, would I buy Virus with my own money? If on sale I would definitely consider it. Would I recommend Virus to others? Again, if they werent stim junkies and wanted a stim+pump everyday product and it was on sale, yes. Thanks once again to Outbreak Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to log their product and I look forward to logging more Outbreak Nutrition products in the future.

September 14, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Excellent Profile
      • Effective Ingredients
      • Clinically Dosed
        Good evening SR community, today I will be reviewing a product that has been sitting in my cupboard for a while, because I bought it thinking the profile was nice, but not really knowing where to slot it into my supplement regime. The product in question of course is Lecheek Nutrition Amino Test, which, the best way I can describe is a recovery/BCAA product with the addition of D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) which therefore turns it into a test booster too. It sounds a lot jammed back into one product, and as per usual for a reputable company like Lecheek, the ingredients have been well-dosed and are proven effective. Let's get into it.

BACKGROUND

I decided to run Amino Test in the first 4 weeks of a test-boosting stack. I ran Amino Test alongside BPS Endosurge Turbo, as DAA + Endosurge Turbo is without doubt the best combination natural test booster that i've ever taken. I also ran BioGro at 4 scoops/day during this period, because to be honest nothing helps me with recovery and DOMS like BioGro does. I know it has its knockers (so does DAA - read on) but for me it works and I dont care what anyone else thinks. My workouts for the most part were a combination of Smolov (6x6, 7x5, 8x4, 10x3 compound lifts) and 5x5 along with some more hypertrophy stuff towards the end.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.7/10

The profile is pretty much spot on for a recovery + BCAA + DAA product. 20g of essentially Dextrose for post-workout fuel, 6g of BCAA's dosed at 2:1:1 is a little on the low side for me personally, but pretty standard for BCAA profiles, and 3g of DAA is the recommended dose (well 3.2g but I feel 3g is close enough). Very low level of dyes, which is excellent. I should point out that the flavour additives they used made my pee stink like the product, I dont know if this is just my body or if it's something that's common, but it was weird to have my pee smell like the product I just drunk. IDK.

TASTE - 8/10

I had the grape flavour. It's not out of this world amazing, but it's also not disgusting and undrinkable. 8/10 is about right, not offensive, but could be improved. It was drinkable all the way through the tub.

MIXABILITY - 7.5/10

With DAA you're always going to have issues with mixability, and this rings true for Amino Test. Constant swirling of the shaker cup is required to get all the DAA bits out of the bottom. Not too much of an issue, but in this day and age of perfectly mixing supplements, there's a higher standard and I know you can get DAA that mixes in well.

DOSAGE

I dosed Amino Test at 1 scoop post-workout. I did dose it a few times as 1 scoop intra, but I have a bad side effect when I have too much sugars/dextrose intra-workout, as in my head feels like it's going to explode from the sugar rush. This might just be my own side-effect, so I am not going to mark it down for that, but I could not take it as an intra, which was fine for my supplement regime. The scoop was spot on in terms of getting out 1 serving (30.9g).

EFFECTIVENESS - 9/10

I'll break effectiveness down into the different categories that the product offers:

Post-workout fuel - 8/10

It gets you that sugar into the muscles quick, but because it's flavoured, adding in protein isnt an option. It would be good to have either more BCAA in there, or some protein. I usually drop in 50-60g protein pretty quickly after a workout, and needing to drink 600ml of this, then putting down protein took a little while. Not that it really affected my recovery (see below) but I like to get the protein in to help with the healing and DOMS as soon as I can. There's nothing special about 20g of dextrose, hence the standard score.

Recovery - 8.5/10

The dextrose and 6g of BCAA's seemed to help with my recovery. I wouldnt say out of this world, but definitely they did have an effect. Previously PES Amino IV had 15g of BCAA per serving, that was out of this world, I dont expect every product to have that, but I reckon 10g of BCAA per serving in Amino Test would be magic.

Test Boosting - 9/10

I know, I know, it's really hard to determine test boosting properties, but I have done enough natty stacks I like to think I know how to pick out the effectiveness (without doing blood work). By week 3 I was feeling the traditional test boosting properties, a little more aggressive and short-tempered, more alpha feeling and a more fullness to my muscles along with increased libido, indicating the test boosting supps were working. For that Amino Test gets a solid score here. People used to say DAA was the bomb, then they said it's rubbish, but if it works for you then it doesnt matter, and DAA works for me (other test boosters dont, that's life).

Overall Effectiveness - 9/10

Amino Test has a solid profile and when the individual functions of the ingredients are combined, the results speak for themselves. You get the fuel, the recovery and the test boosting all from the one place, that's hard to beat. Importantly, the ingredients are well-dosed at levels that make them actually worthwhile to take, and there is minimal filler and crap thrown in because it sounds cool or purely just to fill out the product.

VALUE - 11/10 if you buy right now, 10/10 any other time

Seriously people. 10/10. 11/10 you gotta be kidding me right? Well read on. You get 30 servings in a tub. Most places literally give this away to you for $30-40 a tub. If you go to Nutraplanet right now you can buy it for $20.99. Yes. That deserves 11/10 for value. You get a month's supply of flavoured DAA, plus you get a months supply of BCAA's, and on top of that you get some dextrose, all in a tub that doesnt taste like a dogs anus. Normally a quality BCAA product that costs you around $1/serving is considered good value, well, if you are thinking about running a test booster stack containing DAA and want some recovery, I cannot see why you would look at any other product out there. The value is that good.

SIDE EFFECTS - 1/10

One point here because it made me pee stink like the product. Strange stuff.

OVERALL - 9/10

Lecheek have hit the nail on the head with Amino Test. The ingredient profile in terms of a recovery product is very standard, but no rubbish and really it has everything anyone is looking for in a BCAA profile these days. When you add in DAA for test-boosting properties, I cant see a reason not to look at this product for your recovery + DAA needs for a month of your stack. When you factor in incredible value, you get a product that you really cant go past. Multi-functional, effective doses, great value = Amino Test. Would I buy this product again with my own money? Absolutely, if I was running another DAA stack I really wouldnt even need to look elsewhere. Would I recommend this product? Yes. I would recommend this product to anyone wanting to run DAA and wanting a recovery product. Instead of buying 2 products you can get it in one.