chefneilde

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 9 years, and was last online 2 months ago

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by chefneilde

Thanks to TEK Naturals for sending it out!
  February 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Lost
  • Improved Joint Mobility
  • Reduced Joint Swelling
  • Might Be Too Expensive For Some
I've used several "fat burner" supplements over the years, TEK Naturals Natural fat burner actually works.

At first I was somewhat worried about this product after inspecting the label. I'm not a fan of heavy stimulants (300mg of caffeine and 150mg of green coffee extract), I never felt over dosed. This gave me enough of a jolt to get through the day with plenty of energy without being over caffeinated with negative side effects.

As directed I took one cap three times a day for the 1st week but my preferred dosing was 3 in the morning with breakfast for the remainder of the bottle. I even used it as my pre-workout 1st thing in the morning. So I didn't have to take a pre workout this past month. It gave me enough energy to power though my workouts before work and had no crashing sides after lunch.

I didn't have some sort of miracle weight loss this past month but the results were notable. I didn't change my workouts or my diet.
I lost 9#'s on the scale and I did lose some fat. My pants got a looser around the waist and my shirts fit a little bit better than before. Nothing crazy but hey it worked.

A few other things that I had improvement on were unexpected. My mental clarity improved, I was more focused and oddly enough my joint flexion improved. I have suffered from arthritis for over a decade. I ran out of my staple joint supplement and I didn't replace it in my arsenal. I have had no joint issues since taking this product. When and if TEK reprints their label they should include helps improve joint mobility and reduces joint swelling.

The only negative I felt was on my 1st week of use I took three tabs spread out through the day. I had 2 nights that I couldn't fall asleep until 4am. I adjusted my dosing and my sleep cycle returned to normal.

I received this product from the TROOPS program and I didn't research the price until writing this review. I found it on Amazon for $59 and on the TEK web page for as low as $50.99 if you subscribe to their site. Each bottle has 90 pills at 3 per day as directed, for 30 servings. I think that this is one of those products that you should run for at least 2 months to see improved results.
I've never been price sensitive for products that work but I think that this is a little overpriced, maybe not.
Would you pay more for something that works? I've paid a lot more for products that don't work.
This worked for me. Your mileage may vary?

Label

Garcinia fruit extract 150mg
L-carnitine 145mg
Cayenne pepper fruit powder 100mg
Turmeric root powder 100mg

I recommend TEK Naturals natural fat Burner. It had effective results with proven ingredients that didn't leave me over stimulated after I adjusted the dosing. It is strong enough to use as a pre workout and even helped my joint flexion. You might want to pick up a few bottles to see best results though. This is not an inexpensive product but I feel it is worth the investment.

2.5
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  July 2, 2015

Cons:
    Thanks to Nutrabio and SRs troops program for letting my try out PRE extreme non stimulant watermelon flavored pre-workout.

Ive been a fan of Nutrabio for over a year now. They are a great company with a strong reputation for building innovative supplements.

So far Ive purchased 3 of their proteins, BCAAs, multi and creatine. I appreciate the full disclosure labels and how they approach the industry featuring no fillers or expectorants. The fact that they use fully inspected GMP FDA inspected lab means a lot to me. I feel better knowing that this isnt made in some guys bathtub in the middle of the desert.

NutraBio's label claims that PRE sets the standard for hard hitting amino acid based pre-workouts. It's designed to push you through the most treacherous workouts with ease. It's able to achieve this because it's formulated with a potent array of amino acids combined with an all-inclusive stimulant complex designed specifically for athletes. Compare it to any pre-workout on the market and they just can't compete.
    = Sounds good, but It didnt work that way for me.

Label & Results
    They have a few versions of this product
    Stimulate free, carb free, with carbs and caffeine

PRE has a large list of ingredients with all amounts disclosed.

Rapid Glycogen Pre-load System
    Highly branched chain dextrin

Athletic endurance and performance complex
    L-Citrulline malate and Beta Alanine

Focus & Drive Complex
    N-acetyle-L- tyrosine (nalt), DMAE, Pikatropin, Huperzine A

Nutrient Absorption Enhancer
    Bioperine

As you can clearly see on paper, this has everything that you would want in a pre-workout.
    I like the addition of the HBCD but honestly fat guys dont need more carbs than they already get. I guess if youre going to not use caffeine, adding fast acting carbs would be a good substitute.
    Unfortunately for me, it just didnt work very well. I was yawning, no pumps, no beta tingles or anything positive at all. I had better workouts when I took nothing at all. I added in powdered caffeine and that helped a little. My best workouts were when I took another caffeine loaded pre and one scoop of this underachiever.
    Usually I lift early in the morning. On a few occasions this past month I lifted at night just to test this out. Even after being awake for several hours nothing.
    It was a long boring month using this supplement. I wanted this to work but it didnt. I ended up taking 3 & 4 scoops the last few workouts just trying to put this bottle out of its misery. On the bright side it mixed really well and the watermelon tasted great.

This is expensive. The invoice price from Nutrabio says 52.95 for 20 servings. On their website they currently have it on sale for $45.04. I realize higher quality sourced ingredients, produced in a certified lab are going to cost more. I also know that if I were to build this product myself with the same quality raws it would cost me more to produce. Still at the end of the day its $45 for only 20 servings. My suggestion is to eat some carbs and drink some amino acids pre workout. That could save you a few bucks and you will get the same results.

Summary
    This product did nothing for me. I could be that one guy who is different, so you mileage may vary. I have used hundreds of supplements over the last 10 years and this one just didnt do it for me.
    Its expensive and it didnt work even once.

The big question, would you buy this again? NO
    Would you recommend this to a friend? Maybe
    If they were rich, worked out at midnight and had to be up at 6am the next morning, then maybe.

If youre going to drop some money on NutraBios website pick up some protein isolates. Unlike Pre Extreme, they are well worth it.

February 28, 2015

• Weight Loss
    • Fat Loss
    • Appetite Suppression
    • Very Strong
    • May Experience Sides
    • Blends
    • Upset Stomach
    Thanks to finaflex for setting me up with the opportunity to log PX Pro Xanthine 500-xt. I finished one bottle of this (2 were provided) and ran it along with their CLA/ALC as a fat burning stack. Finaflex asked me to use their review format and rating system and I will follow their guidelines. However, I think this product needs some additional information to help viewers make an easier purchasing decision.

PX White (Pro Xanthine 500-XT)
    On a scale of 1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree)

1) This product was a great source of long lasting, clean energy... 3
    Pretty good ...

PX White (Pro Xanthine 500-XT)
    On a scale of 1 (strongly disagree) to 5 (strongly agree)

1) This product was a great source of long lasting, clean energy... 3
    Pretty good level of energy

2) This product did not produce a jittery effect... 5
    No jitters at all

3) This product helped control my cravings/appetite... 5
    I had to remind myself to eat

4) This product enhanced my mental focus... 2
    I don’t think I had much improvement at all with focus

5) This product affected my mood in a positive manner… 2
    I can’t say that this product helped my mood at all. Several days this past month I didn't feel like getting out of bed or lifting anything.

6) This product helped me lose weight and reduce fat in my midsection… 4
    This worked well for weight loss

Results
    I knew this log was on the horizon so I decided to start a reduced carb diet 2 weeks before my log began. I think with fat loss supplements sometimes a minor change will come from diet and that can return big results. I didn’t want to lose 10#’s of water weight and give all the credit to the test product.

1st day of supplementation I weighed in at 254lbs on my last day I weighed 242 lbs. I looked and felt leaner. During my run I had a physical and all my numbers came back better than ever. I lost 6#’s in the last week of dosage. This stuff works!

Profile & dosing
    The PX label claims to provide appetite suppression, concentration enhancement, antioxidant properties, hours of clean energy and belly fat reducer. I can say that this product was honest and successful with those claims, though some of the claims stood out more than others. As an appetite suppressor and fat reducer this product shined, energy and concentration not so much.

Proprietary blend of ingredients listed under two different headings antioxidant energy amplification - Mood elevator & focus.
    I cannot pronounce 90% of the ingredients and honestly the writing is really small. The only things I can make out on the label are: Green tea extract and Blueberry extract.

Under the mood elevator and focus section, thiamine disulfide butyrate (sulbutiamine). This is a synthetic derivative of vitamin B1 (thiamine) it has been used in Japan to treat various things from chronic fatigue to erectile dysfunction and helping memory loss. They also listed a handful of other ingredients by their chemical name.

I dosed this 1st thing in the morning on off days or post workout. My second dose was with lunch about 5 hours later. I always had 2 tabs a day.

Sides
    My 1st day of use I took pre workout and vomited. I decided not to do that again. I didn’t have any other extreme issues like that for the remainder of the bottle.

The first 2 weeks of use my libido went up – way up. I asked our friendly SR rep about this and he said that he hasn't heard anyone else mention that before. I guess I’m special? Sadly it didn’t continue till the end.

My sleep patterns changed and became more erratic. I was extremely lethargic and struggled to get in good workouts because of it. I was fine during the day but I just couldn’t sleep at night.

The last week of use, I seemed to always have an upset stomach towards the end of the day. I’m not sure if it was the supplement or not. The sides disappeared after I discontinued use. Nothing else major enough to be noted.

I didn’t have any sweaty, weird, cold sweats like I’ve had with other thermos. Major bonus.

I’ve seen this priced $23 - $38 depending on where you shop. Anything that works, priced under $40 and lasts 30 days is a good deal for me.

Final thoughts
    With thermos and other fat loss pills, I tend to like less stim heavy products. This one affected me a little different than other products that I have ran in the past. It’s strong, not too strong but on the upper limits of what I can tolerate. However, it was not strong enough to take instead of a pre-workout supplement. It did upset my stomach if I took it fasted. For some reason it would keep me up all night. I had to rely on sleep supplements to get some rest. I lost my desire to work out or even get out of bed on some days. I had to remind myself to eat (on days when I was off of work). I can’t say my mood improved.
    This did help me lose some weight and is a good value if you’re in the market for a product like this.

October 25, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Vastly Improved GI Health
    • Possible Boost To Recovery
    • Gas And Bloating
    • Container Design
    • Needs A Better Scooper With A Longer Handle
    Thanks to the gents at finaflex who took care of me by letting me run this as a log. I just finished a nutrition class last month and one of the sections that we touched on was fiber and its importance in the body. Oddly enough the next day I came across the contest for muscle fiber and thought I’d give it a shot.

Muscle fiber has a simple but interesting profile so I jumped at the chance to sample something new.

I have experience with digestive enzymes, pro & prebiotics but have never run a fiber supplement before. I have had limited success using l-glutamine in the past, it seemed to only work well for me when I tripled the dosage.

What is fiber?
    Fibers are substances in food (essentially from plants) that are not broken down by the digestive processes that take place in the stomach or small intestine. Muscle fiber features both kinds of fiber soluble and dietary or insoluble fiber. Fiber that is soluble in water (dissolves in water), adds bulk to stools; dietary or insoluble fiber aids in the increased transit time of fiber through the digestive system.

Why is fiber important and what can it do for you?
    Fiber isn’t digestible by the human body so it acts as a broom sweeping up the poorly digested foods and waste throughout your digestive tract. Fiber keeps our intestines physically fit, without fiber in our diets undigested food can accumulate and cause constipation and other digestive problems. Another reason why fiber is important is that it can reduce colon cancer risks, constipation, hemorrhoids and minimizes the absorption of sugars which helps folks with diabetes.

Dosing & FLAVOR
    Whenever I start a new product I strictly follow the directions on the label. The label instructs 1 – 4 scoops a day. Every dose consumed of muscle fiber was combined with a protein shake.

1st week I stayed at one scoop- effects were slight but my deuces were larger, no improved recovery

2nd week upped to two scoops – My recovery seemed to improve slightly and I was only having one duce a day. My pre-workouts normally have me running to the rest room during warm ups. That didn’t change but with muscle fiber they were solid so I had that going for me.

3rd I stayed at 3 scoops, same results as week two, maybe slightly better recovery

4th week I went to four scoops but only for 3 days. I didn’t like the excess gas so I dropped back down to 2 scoops a day for the remainder of the tub.
    I did go 3 days without any supplements or muscle fiber but that was only because I was on a mini vacation.
    Over all dosing was easy, no real flavor or taste and it mixed easily in my shake.

1 scoop provides
    5 calories
    3 carbs
    6 grams of fiber
    500 iu of vitamin D3
    2.5 grams of fructooligosaccharide (carbohydrate, chemically derived from vegetables that mimics insulin and acts as a prebiotic)
    5 grams of L-glutamine

This seems a little under dosed to me on L-glutamine (but it has never really worked for me in the past so no big letdown for me). However, it worked really well for me only using 2 scoops. 4 scoops was too much distress on my bowels so I stuck with 2 scoops for the majority of the bottle. Recommended daily fiber intake should be at least 25 grams a day, with some doctors recommending up to 45 grams a day.

I found Muscle fiber on-line for $30. With 60 servings in a bottle at 2 scoops a day it turns out to be a pretty good deal at $.50 a day. I’ve never taken another fiber product before so I don’t have a whole lot to compare it too. $30 is usually my breaking point for most non staple supplements, this fell right on the money.

Results
    I hit several PR’s this past month. As a disclaimer, I was running a few other quality products too. I did feel better and just generally healthier. I wasn't dropping 3 or 4 deuces a day like I normally would but the ones I laid down were monsters. My recovery has always been hit in miss, simply because of my schedule and training flow. I do think this helped with recovery but nothing that knocked my socks off.

Final
    I’m going to give this product another whirl in the near future. This product is a true dietary supplement. With all the crazy diets that we run, fiber is one category that is rarely mentioned. If you on a high protein diet, chances are that you’re not getting enough fiber in your diet. This could be your easy solution.
    I’m not sure if it will become a staple in my daily stack but I liked the results it provided. And the moral of this story is one big deuce a day beats several smaller ones.

June 21, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Intense Energy
    • Cray Likes It
    • Superior Taste & Mixability
    • Excellent Value
    • Long-lasting
    • Very Potent
    • Jitteriness
    • Cray Likes It
    • Nauseous At Times
    • May Be Too Strong For Some
    Speedx3
    I would like to thank Srg & Lecheek for hooking me up with a log opportunity with speedx3 and pumpx3.

Speedx3

This is my second go around with speedx3. I ran the original version a few years back, I believe it was a 90 serving portion that lasted me so long that the contents got hard/gummy. I had no issues like that this time, so whatever they did to improve the contents worked. Comparing the new(er) version to the OG, I would say they made some solid strides. The flavor was improved and they kept the over the top stimulant heavy profile in full force. For lifters who need the extra in your face stims this product is for you. However it was too strong for me.

I'm no light weight (I just lift them... lol) this stuff had me bouncing off the walls with a ¾"˜s of a scoop. I varied my scoops from a ¼ to a full rounded scoop. I never ventured over one scoop, it wasn't needed. Dosing a full scoop on an empty stomach really messed up my workout. The few times that I did run a full scoop, I felt like I drank a few Starbucks coffees, feeling sick to my stomach and losing all production in the gym. I found that if I ate something light with or before dosing it was more effective for me. Anything from yogurt to cereal or a protein bar worked well for me.

Flavor
    It tastes as good as it gets. Enough said

Profile
    KEY ingredients: Caffeine beta-alanine, agmatine sulfate, pikotropin & yohimbine
    This is a proprietary blend but in my opinion it is effective.

This is a HUGE value for a couple reasons
    1. I found this on several different sites for less than $30 for a 40 scoop tub, less than a $1 a serving
    2. Only on a few occasions I dosed a full scoop. Most of the time a ½ or ¾ of a scoop is all I needed & I work out early in the morning. Making the jar last way longer than 40 workouts.
    3. I didn't build up a tolerance to this like I do with most pre's. It's strong from the 1st to the last scoop.

Final
    Weights are my escape from reality and having a bad day in the gym is one of the worst things that could happen to start my day. I had a few days when I felt sick to my stomach because I took too large of a scoop. If your one of those guys that needs a huge boost during your workouts then this is for you. I however am pretty motivated to lift without using heavy stim based products; a little goes a long way for me. This is a solid product but I felt it was too strong at times for me. This is a great value because of the price, its effectiveness even at ½ dosages. If you're on a budget and you're in the market for a strong pre-workout check this out.

May 3, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Consistent
    • Solid Company
    • High Quality Ingredients
    • Great Pumps
      Pumpx3
      I usually don't sign up for the free log ops but for some reason I threw my hat in the ring on this one, glad I did. I ran 1 bottle each of pumpx3 / speedx3 and in my opinion pumpx was the star of the stack.

I've grown to love pump products over the years and this is one of my favorites. Easy to drink, no issues with the dosage or weird timing and worked every time.
      Pumpx3

I've bought several other pump products that didn't deliver consistent results. They only worked if you ate 20 minutes before, took the contents out of the tabs, timed it perfectly against the lunar cycles and hoped for the best. Most of the ones I've tried have been a complete disappointment.
      This worked for me every time.

Profile
      According to the label Pumpx3 is a nitric oxide precursor that improves vascularity, pumps and helps increase strength. I would have to agree with that statement 100%. I like Lecheek's style of labeling without any proprietary blends or gimmicky ingredients. I won't run through and list the entire profile but it has agmatine (agmapure) sulfate, 2 types of creatine and a mix of antioxidants.
      I'm glad they didn't add any stimulants to this mix.

Results and Dosing
      I generally workout early mornings and several times even if I was tired going in; the pump got me moving without any need for caffeine. I used this a few times late night, had no issues with sleep, I lifted strong and felt great. Most days I stuck with ½ a scoop but I did experiment with 2 scoops towards the end of the bottle.

I think one level scoop is solid and I didn't see much of a difference by adding in a second scoop. This really got my blood flowing smoothly and I was feeling good and looking vascular. Keep in mind I'm not a body builder type lifter and to put it nicely, not a lean person. I had veins bulging from my shins to my shoulders, forearms and even neck after several different workouts, pretty cool for a big guy to get these effects. Even on my last day using only a half scoop I still had positive results.

Sides
      No negative sides at all. No sleep issues, stomach distress or muscle cramps.

This is more of a "just for fun" type product. If you have an extra $25-30 in your pocket, I'd give it a shot. I don't think it is a staple supplement, it does help you enjoy your workouts a little more, and it made me want to hit arms a little harder than I normally do. My theory on the whole pump product category is if you feel good in the gym, you spend more time in there, put in more work, and then you'll get stronger. Is it a necessity? No, but most of the things we take are just because we want to lift stronger, look better and feel great. I'd pay $30 a product like this that works every time.

Final
      Some people respond better to certain ingredients than others, chalk me up as a responder for this one.

Lecheek is a solid company and they are on the right track. Simple straight forward profiles with effective ingredients that help you perform and feel better in the gym. This isn't going to blow you away but it's a fun addition to any stack at an affordable price.

March 17, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great On A Cut Or Recomp
      • Bad Attitude
      LGI Secret A Bridge

This is a brand new, unique product from LGI. Secret A Bridge is marketed as a natty with 3 natural compounds that all work in the same direction using different pathways, sounded too interesting to pass up. Since this is the 1st review for this product, I'm going to add a few more details than I normally would.

Diet
      LGI Secret A Bridge

Diet
      I adjusted my diet the week I started this product. I kept it simple, no sweets, no protein bars only whole foods with the exception of one protein shake a day on workout days. I cut back on simple carbs but didn't eliminate or count them. I didn't count any macros but I did keep a journal just so I can hold myself accountable to what I was eating. I did fall off the diet for 3 days when I had to travel for work but other than that I was strict and solid. I started off weighing 262 and as of this morning, my last dosage 249. Keep in mind that I'm a chef and I haven't even thought about cutting back on my food intake for the last year. Most of the changes in my weight are simply because I started writing down what I was eating and stopped binge eating cookies by the handful. I'm happy with the results from one month of this diet, adding SAB helped.

Lifting
      I hit a few PR's for reps but didn't go after any big lifts this last month. I added 2 reps onto my old box squat PR and added 3 reps on to my good morning squat. I didn't progress on bench or military and my deads are still pitiful. I've been more focused on keeping my form proper and getting everything out of each set than chasing numbers. My normal workouts usually have me working up to 80% for a 5 or 90% for a double. Depending on how I'm feeling that day I will usually take one of my major lifts to complete failure. I didn't gain a ton of strength but I didn't expect it this month. Cutting body fat and keeping my strength up was a great though.

One major positive for me was huge improvement of recovery. I changed up my program 2 weeks before I started this to a modified conjugate, hitting squats, rows and bench twice a week deads and military once a week. SAB was the only different product in my stack; I know it helped me recover quicker.

Google is my friend.
      Laxogenin 50mg
      (anabolic/androgenic ratio similar Anavar, but without the side effects of liver toxicity or testing positive for steroidal therapy. Athletes claim to have seen strength increases in 3-5 days, and muscle mass increases in 3-4 weeks.) I would agree 100% with this statement. It seemed to kick in pretty quick and I felt a boost in my workouts within a week.

Marketing claims for this compound say it is the only product ever designed to increase mass and strength without steroidal influence and that it doesn't test positive for steroids.
      Tests showed that protein synthesis increased by over 200%, the key to lean muscle growth and accelerated repair.
      In testing, 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin has balanced cortisol response, which is the major cornerstone to healthy recovery and reduction of muscle wasting. It's also been shown to balance cortisol on calorie restricted diets, helps control glucose and increases thyroid function.

The fact that this helps build muscle, increases protein synthesis, improves recovery and controls cortisol makes this perfect for cutting.

It also says that laogenin is used to help treat some forms of cancer.

Diosgenin 100mg
      Diosgenin has been used for 100's of years treating many different ailments ranging from menstrual cramps and problems related to childbirth, as well as for upset stomach and coughs to cancer, cramps, nausea and morning sickness, inflammation, osteoporosis, menopausal symptoms, and other health conditions, however NO STUDIES SHOW THAT THIS WORKS.

Several studies have found that it has no effect at all. That is because the body cannot change diosgenin into progesterone; it has to be done in a lab.

One article said something about controlling estrogen but they didn't have any studies listed as a resource for that statement.

Pub med states that diosgenin may be useful for ameliorating the glucose metabolic disorder associated with obesity.

The addition of this herb is kind of up in the air for me. I guess if you're menstruating and have cramps or something this would be a great addition. No bleeding or cramps for me.

Dioscin 150mg
      Dioscin, a natural steroid saponin, shows remarkable protective effect against acetaminophen-induced liver damage in vitro andin vivo.
      Several different write ups speak to how this will help protect your liver.

Dioscin has been shown to promote anticancer activity against several forms of cancers. However, its detailed molecular mechanisms have not been clarified.

Not that I need to state this but for the record Pubmed is way over my head.
      I just wanted to give everyone a little heads up on the ingredient back ground.

All three of these ingredients are natural, have been used to help treat cancer and other various diseases.

As directed on the bottles take 1 – 2 caps per day. I ran 2 tabs the whole way through.

I tried out several different methods this past month and they all seemed to work about the same for me. It didn't seem to matter whether I took them both in the morning pre-workout or split between breakfast post workout and lunch. For anyone wondering how to take these; I recommend one in the morning and one later in the day.

On a side note I did use the LGI Damage control along with this. I know it wasn't really needed but my body seams to function better when I use these types of support supplements along with my daily multi. Sucks getting old.

Sides
      I mentioned this in my log

Positive sides
      Improved recovery, kept and built some muscle during reduced calories

Negative sides
      Violent mood swings from happy carefree to depressed like flipping a switch, decline libido as the day goes on (strong in the morning - dead at night), mild acne in weird places.

I seem to get these same mood swings from test boosters and AI products.

I got this for $39 as a pre release sale + 5% off that and a few other goodies made this a pretty good deal for me.

The price has jumped up to $50 on lockout, I think that is too much to pay for this product. If you can find a better deal or they have one of their 10% off sales, I'd jump on it.
      If not, I'd hold off until the price comes down.

Final
      I found it to be effective after one bottle; I'd like to see how it does at a single dose per day making the bottle a longer. I think best results should come from a recomp or cutting diet while using this. I would say it falls somewhere between a test booster (daa based like d-pol) and a mild pro hormone in results.
      I will run this again and next time I will stack it with a good creatine.

Look out for a chef with a bad attitude.

July 12, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Huge Strength And Size Gains
      • Makes You Really Hungry
      • Very Dry Sore Joints
      • Expensive To Run Correctly With All The Support Supplements
      Epi Elite

This is my 3rd PH and most successful run yet. I cannot compare this to other brands of EPI because this is the 1st time that I have used this compound. I can say that I had a lot of fun this past month this is just the beginning of my sampling of PH/DS.

Epi Elite

My goal was to do a recomp diet but that changed after the 1st week. Stress and amazing hunger kicked in and I just went with it. It turned into a full on dirty bulk. I gained a huge amount of size and every lift went up. I am stronger now than I have ever been and I'm also fatter than I have been in years. If I could do it over again I would have been more careful with the amount of food I ate, but that's all water under the bridge now. Next time I'll try keep it lean and clean. I'm not going to lie, it did feel good to go all out and eat everything in sight. Over the next few months I'm going to keep my strength gains and cut the fat as much as possible.

This is how I ran it, I know it's a huge stack of supplements and some may scoff at the ridiculous amount of money I spent on this but when I do something I go all in or nothing.

Facts
      Cycle plan
      1st week = two days at 20mg rest of the 30mg
      2nd week = 30mg
      3rd week = 40mg
      4th week = 40mg
      5th week = 50mg + 2 days at 60mg

On Cycle stack
      T-force (for 1st - 2 weeks), Super cycle, Taurine, super odorless garlic, Aegis (liver support), Achilles (joint support), Super cissus (joint support), Orange Oxi mega (greens), Fish oil, coq-10, Orange triad (multi), Body Mortar (BCAA), Carbion (post workout carbs), ON 100% whey, Powerfull (pre-bed sleep aide)

pct
      Torem
      1st week 120/120/120/90/90/90/90mg
      2nd & 3rd week 60mg
      4th week 30 mg cut it two days short of a full week.

Post Cycle stack
      Super cycle, Size on (creatine), super odorless garlic, Super cissus (joint support), Fish oil, coq-10, Orange triad (multi), Body Mortar (BCAA), Oxyelite Protein, Bio-grow (3 tubs), Powerfull (pre-bed sleep aide), D-pol, T-force(added in on week 3), ad3 pct (added in on 3rd week, 4th week reduced dose to one each night)

Stats
      Started Cycle I weighed in 246#'s (just finished with 2 bottles of Versa 1 and gained 6#'s from that)
      Ended Cycle at 262#'s
      Ending PCT at 254#'s

Lifts
      Squat up from 365 to 380 (365# PR gained the week before cycle started, Versa 1)
      Deads up from 355 to 385
      Bench – paused up from 275 to 295
      Military press up from 175 x 2 to 175 x 6 & 200 x 1

Positive Sides
      As you can see above my size and lifting stats jumped way up, I'm very happy with these results. I was sleeping like a rock; getting 6-8 hours of quality sleep every night waking up fresh. Even though I slept great it didn't show up in the gym or work with a ton of energy. I didn't feel like lifting but the weights always seemed light. My recovery was insane, I was lifting in the 80-95% range on all of my lifts and killing it with minimal soreness or DOMS. Strangely I could still see veins up and down my arms, shoulders and forearms which is amazing to me considering the amount of weight I gained. Hitting PR's every workout pushed me to want to go to the gym, I just didn't want to stay there as long as I normally do.

Negative Sides
      I didn't have very many negative sides; I took several support supplements to prevent anything funky from coming up. I did experience very dry sore joints, despite using several different joint aides. I also felt very tired and bloated, but I think that had more to do with my diet than anything else. It seemed like I was always tired and countered that by using a pre-workout each and every workout. Normally I rarely use a pre-workout when I lift arms or chest but not this month, I needed it to push through.
      During PCT was another story, I experienced several sides from short tempered mood swings to severe depression. No physical sides just mental. I didn't suffer any libido issues at all. During PCT I wasn't in the mood for hoochie koochie but everything still worked just fine.

$$$$
      Is all of this worth the money? It was for me.
      The PH itself is cheap, less than $30/ bottle. That isn't what is going to set you back; it's all the support stuff. I spent enough money to feed a small village in Africa for a month, but I think the results I got were worth it. I added 30#'s to my deadlift in a month, breaking PR's that I've been struggling with for over a year. I eat for free at work so the cost of food wasn't an issue for me. If you're paying for all of the food, you could be in big trouble.

summary
      I had a good time with this supplement. Now that I have truly experienced the dark side; I don't think I want to go back. Is this for everyone, no. If you're thinking about taking the next step look into EPI, this one is legit. Have all your support, pct (SERM) supplements lined up and credit card ready to go. It's going to cost you but If you have the cash, give it a shot.

May 27, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • 100% Absorbed & 99% Utilized By The Human Body
      • Increased Recovery
      • Too Many To List
      • Low In Calories And Carbs
        I have finished 10 containers of various flavors of Humapro and 4 tubs of the tablets. I stocked up with some good deals that I found on the net and another SR member was cleaning out his closet and sold me 6 jugs for $140.

I've seen the debate several times is this a protein or an amino acid blend?

I've seen the debate several times is this a protein or an amino acid blend?
        I would like to quote Garlick "our favorite supplement guru" who summed it up perfectly in my log "You do know that all protein really is just amino acids that have been bound together in a particular form in order to create a protein molecule?? So you're question isn't quite correct in asking, is Humapro Amino or protein, well it could be both.

What the real question is, do the aminos together, bind to make a whole protein, and they don't. So officially, Humapro is not a protein, but rather an amino matrix, which is an "almost protein" molecule. It's a grouping of amino acids that's extremely close to complete.

The way it works, is basically that whey protein, when ingested, has to have some amount of it removed in order to be used by the body in order to build human proteins.

Humapro uses vegetable enzymes instead of animal products in order to create an amino matrix that's very close to human protein molecules. So close that it's essentially 99% complete. There's an additional 1% that needs to be added by your body in order for it to convert "officially" to a human protein molecule.

This makes absorption extremely fast, and use extremely efficient.

This also means, it's theoretically better than whey or soy proteins, because it doesn't break down, and remove waste from the molecule, but rather uses it directly.

Now, this is all fairly theoretical in how this works, as there have been studies, but most are sponsored by the company that makes Humapro, so it's hard to be 100% sure that this is actually how it would work in use."

Dosing / Results
        I have run this several ways: as a standalone protein product, an amino product, stacked with whey protein and blends, stacked with and without BCAA's, and mixed with carbs. I've tried this Pre – Intra – Post workout and pre bed.

I lift early in the morning and I hate lifting with heavy stuff in my stomach. I had best results while using it with my pre workout mixing it directly with my pre(jack3d/micro/ect...). The flavors blend really well with most pre's and isn't heavy on the stomach. I never once had any GI problems with Humapro.

I like to use whey post workout but hate it pre workout so Humapro works perfect for me.

If you're constantly pushing for size and strength gains I don't think this is something that you'll want to use as a primary protein supplement but alongside other proteins. If you're cutting this could be a perfect addition to your stack. An Ultra-low calorie amino/protein supplement to give your macro counts a boost without adding a ton of calories.

I had solid results in the last 8 months setting PR's on a regular basis. I'm not foolish enough to give even 1/2 of the credit to Humapro but it was one staple in my stack for a very long time.

Price
        Is it worth the price? It's expensive but worth every penny. Good deals are few and far between these days. Lockout has 5% or 10% off deals all the time, look for a sale and jump on it. I think the tabs are the best way to go If you're looking for something less expensive and easy to dose. $50 for 450 tabs or $.50 for the equivalent of 25 grams of protein, that's less expensive than most powdered proteins.

My favorite was taking the tabs with me on Vacation instead of packing a jug of powder. With the upcharge on luggage these days packing a 2# jug in a suitcase just doesn't cut it anymore.

Taste
        All the flavors are light and fruit based on the tangy acidic side. Nothing overly sweet and no creamy flavors like vanilla or chocolate. Everyone has different tastes but this is how I rank the flavors best to worst: orange surprise, sour grape, apple cider, peach/mango and pineapple. None of them are bad but I couldn't say that I loved anyone of them. I would recommend the orange 1st and I'll never get the pineapple again but that's just me.

Summary
        This is a unique product but it's not going to change how we use protein supplements. I think it is a good addition to a stack if you have the extra cash or you're a vegetarian (made from vegetable enzymes). For best results Humapro shouldn't replace your whey or protein blends but be used alongside them as a supplement, to your supplements.

February 13, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Lost Body Fat
        • Safe On Liver
        • No Bad Side Effects
        • Good Starter Ph
        • Great For A Cut
        • Deca Dic
        • No Major Strength Gains
        Deca-Sarm RDE is the 1st phase of the workhorse stack from AMS. After reading several reviews and logs on different SARMs it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. After I bought the stack, I did a little more research and found out that this isn't a SARM at all, but a Deca Style pro-hormone with "SARM-like" sides. I have never run anything like this before and even though this isn't what I thought it was, it did look like a good introductory PH for me to test out.

The Plan

The Plan
        Use the Deca-SARM for one month on a lower carb diet and get lean and mean. Then roll into 1-andro (2nd phase) crush some PR's and finish up with a serm and pct.

I was looking for a safe, easy to dose ph with minimal sides to help me gain some strength. My goal was to "recomp" gain some strength and lose some fat. I did lose some body fat but the strength gains were less than I hoped for. My workouts were based on the 5/3/1 program. The program does take several months to gradually progress but I pushed as hard as I could each day.
        I ran a lower carb diet, less than 250 grams / day, keeping my fat around 50 grams and protein around 250 grams. I stuck to the diet except for a few minor slips through the holiday season. I also used body mortar, joint fixx, nocturnabol and super cycle from the AMS line along with Humapro, Jack3d micro and various other support supplements.

Profile and Dosing
        This stuff is pretty cool. Place on tab on your tongue, hold it for about 20 seconds, it dissolves, swallow what's left. Take another tab 8 hours later the same way.
        They call this RDE or rapid dissolve effervescent; I call it muscle candy. The taste is pretty good first thing in the morning and I looked forward to "dropping the tab" as soon as I woke up. The quick dissolving tabs are supposed to help bio-availability and make it a little easier on the liver.

19Nor-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one is the chemical name for this PH. I've read, goggled, and researched this till my eyes turned red. I'm not a chemist and I won't pretend to be. 19 nor Androstene attaches to your muscles and converts via a two-step process to 19 nor testosterone.

Naringenin (extract from grapefruit) is added to this to help reduce negative side effects and increase bio-availability. This addition is why it has the SARM added to the name. Is it equal to a "real" SARM? I'm not sure but I didn't get any weird side effects.

When I started I weighed in at 235lbs. I gained a 11lbs within the first two weeks; I think it was my body adjusting to the new diet. After everything was finished I tipped the scales at 233lbs. No crazy weight loss but I looked a lot leaner in the mirror and my wedding ring was really lose and would constantly fall off my finger. The only other time that this has happened with my ring is when I was on the keto diet while on recreate. I would say that even though the scale didn't really change, this was one of the most effective fat loss products that I have ever used.
        While I had success with the mirror, I can't say I had the same results in the gym. I matched one previous PR but wasn't killing it like I thought I should have. I was pushing for results it just didn't happen. I was able to hit all my planned lifts on the 5/3/1 but my stamina was way worse than usual on drop sets.

Sides
        I didn't feel much the first week just a little placebo aggression. By the end of the second week I didn't have a ton of energy and really relied on my pre-workouts to get through my sessions. It felt to me equal to what one month of D-pol did as far as results. The third week I upped the dosage and my libido started to dive. I could still get it up but I just feel like myself, from what I've read this is called deca-"dic". I backed off and went back down to two tabs a day and my little buddy went back to normal. I did notice some strange cramps in my pecs and triceps. I seemed to always have DOMS no matter how much protein or BCAA's I would take. I didn't get any weird pimples, pains or anything like that and my joints seemed very fluid. So I would say this is very mild as far as negative side effects are concerned.

Regular price on the AMS website is going for $63/bottle, yeah right. Lockout has it for $39.95 minus our usual SR discount. Got mine from the AMS website for 50% off: 2 bottles of deca-sarm, 2 jugs of body mortar, 2 each 1-andro, 2 each arom-x for $130. This is a pretty good deal considering what the regular prices run.

PH runs are expensive and the results are only going to be there if you put the work in. If you can get this on sale I'd give it a shot. I think Deca-SARM is a pretty good supplement if your diet and training are dialed in. When I run this again I'm going to use 2 bottles back to back instead of jumping in to the 1-andro. The leaning effects are better than any thermo I've ever run, but the strength gains just were not there like I hoped. I'd say this is a very mild starter PH for someone on an all out cut. If you're budget conscience, I'd say skip it and pick up some DAA and Recreate instead.