ccoward

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online this week
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by ccoward

Overall
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  January 25, 2019

• Premium Ingredients
  • Disclosed Label
  • Better Endurance
  • Increased Pump
  • Cool Label

Just here for the love and coffee! With a flavor like Hulk Juice, I just had to give this a try to see how green i could get. I do want to apologize to Alpha Lion for the late review, bctuthill explained it pretty well.

Alpha Lion Superhuman is broke into 5 different categories, being: Energy Matrix, Pump Matrix, Strength Matrix, Anti-Crash Matrix and Absorption Matrix.

The high notes are: 7000mg of L-Citrulline Malate, 350mg of Caffeine, 3500mg of Beta Alanine and 350mg of L-Theanine. These are particulars that i look at initially. I'm not big on reading all the fine details as I personally feel its a waste of time. Just glad to see fully disclosed and no prop blends.

Dosing is ONE scoop with water about 15-30 minutes before your workout. 20 minutes for me. Mixability was a 9 out 10. Very little residue in the cup. Taste was a 10 out of 10 for me. The Hulk Juice was phenomenal.

As for effectiveness, it was top notch. By the time i walked into the gym i was ready to get after it. Most importantly, the tingle was not too intense where i was scratching myself, it just the right amount. I felt a smooth energy during my entire workout and still had plenty left in the tank when i returned to work. Which was OK because it was not the jittery energy that kept me jumping at my cube, i stay focused and was able to be more productive at work as well. Best part of all, there was no crash. Just smooth transition into the rest of the day as if i had not taken any high potent pre at all. I definitely felt like i had better workouts and increased stamina while at the gym.

At $40, the value is an excellent price for the product and results you are going to get out of this.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill side effects while taking this. My wife didn't mind the green look, kind of turned her on.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I highly suggest anyone looking to try an new pre and can get there hands on the SuperHuman by Alpha Lion, don't hesitate and pick yourself up. You can thank me later.

Overall
    Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
      January 14, 2019

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Excellent Appetite Suppression
    • Great Mood Enhancement
    • Superior Diet Support
    • Slight Stomach Issues

A little late to party but sneaking in just before the auto-cancel! This was my first product from Myokem and to say i'm pleased is an understatement. I was in the market for a fat burner before the holidays hit to try and lessen some of the damage so after reading some of the other reviews i had to give Pyroxamine a try.

First off, gold star for transparent label. No need to break it all down but I'll list the two groups.
    670mg of a Thermogenic Fat Loss Matrix along with 5mg of Nutrient Bioavailability Enhancer

A few new ingredients for ...

A few new ingredients for me were the following:
    CARALLUMA FIMBRIATA - used as an appetite suppressant and thirst quencher.
    EVODIAMIN - thermogenic to increase metabolism
    COGNIZIN CITICOLIN - help with focus during workouts

Taste and Mixability are N/A since these are capsules. Dosing is 1 capsule in the morning on an empty stomach and if tolerated, take a second 4-6 hours later. Says you can also take 2 capsules in the morning if you wish but to not exceed 3 capsules for the day. Be sure to stay hydrated while taking this. I started with taking one in the morning only for the first few days then added in the second capsule before my workout at lunch.

As for effectiveness, myokem hit it out of the park with Pyroxamine. The most noticeable part of taking this was the appetite suppression. It was almost immediate and really helped curb my appetite, most importantly it helped me slow down with my eating along with not overeating. The next high point was the clean energy, i just had that "good" smooth feeling while taking it. Not too amp'd up where i was jittery, sweaty or crashing later. I was still able to fall asleep in the evening no problem. Of course the increase in metabolic rate helped me drop about 4 lbs, most importantly my stomach significantly flattened. The ONLY knock on this, was at times i felt like it tore my stomach up but it was not all the time. So it was not so much so where i had or wanted to stop taking it.

At $50 for 60 capsules, this is about mid-range for all the fat burners. For the results you get, it's definitely worth the money.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill side effects.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Myokem produced an excellent product and i was sad to hear this version was discontinued due to a banned ingredient. I would definitely recommend trying there new version if/when they come out with it.

Overall
    Overall
    5.4
    Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
      November 28, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
      • Barely Effective
      • Lacks That Umph

What up SR! Shoutout to SR like always and another one for Loud Muscle Science for the opportunity for another sample. A completely different supplement, I tried Launch Sequence by them because of all the reviews and it was Money!!!! So i was super pumped to give Bionic Test +RX a try to see how effective it would be. Any type of gain/improvement in the gym is always a plus!

I'm not sure I need to write much of a breakdown on each of the ingredients as WarMachines review was 110%!! Bionic Test +RX is made up of two proprietary blends, one for Red Blood Cells Volumization (200mg) and Libido Volumization(1300mg). The other ingredient is 200mg of an estro blocker.

The red blood cells prop is supposed to help provide more oxygen to the body and the libido prop blend is supposed help in hormone production to aid in strength and muscle mass.

Like everyone else, i really dislike prop blends. I want to see a fully disclosed label on every supplement. MSGA!!

Taste and Mixability is N/A as these are pills. Dosing is 2 capsules per day during the cutting phase and 2-6 capsules per day during the bulking phase.
      I took 2 capsules per day every morning when i got to work and when i woke up on the weekends.

As for effectiveness, i did not notice any leaning out with taking 2 capsules a day for the month i took it which was the majority of the results i was looking for. For a short period of a few days at the end of the 2nd week i did notice a slight boost of energy while in the gym and was able to lift slightly more and finish out a couple more reps. But for prolonged gains during the month, it did not increase anymore and after those few days i went right back to my "normal". With how i work out these days, i more so just maintain with a slight gain here or there so anytime i take something new it is fairly easy for me to tell if it is working.

At $35 for a bottle, that seems like a pretty fair price. That is towards the lower end of pricing on OTC test booster compared to others that are double the price. So anything starting with a 3 always catches my eye.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i had high hopes for this product but was let down. I know everything works different for everyone so for the price, it wouldn't hurt to spend the money, but it would not be something i recommended to people on a daily basis. Loud Muscle Science now has a record of 1-1 with me, but I would not hesitate to try another product from them.

September 26, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Meal Replacment
      • Amazing Taste
      • Mixes Effortlessly
      • Prime Ingredients
      • -amazing Taste
      • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops
      • Only Use When Burning A High Amount Of Carbs

Shout our SR and VMI! A MAJOR thank-YOU to VMI for allowing me the opportunity to sample their product Major Mass Lean Mass Gainer. I have never really tried a mass gainer before and after losing some weight recently due to changes in my eating habits, I wanted to put back on a few pounds so I decided to give this a try.

Along with your typical amino acid profile, it contains the following is based on 2 scoops:
      7g of Fat
      58mg of Cholesterol
      125mg of Sodium
      211mg of Potassium
      29g of Carbs
      20g of Protein

Major Mass has a 20/30/10 protein,car...

7g of Fat
      58mg of Cholesterol
      125mg of Sodium
      211mg of Potassium
      29g of Carbs
      20g of Protein

Major Mass has a 20/30/10 protein,carb,fat ratio. It also features Digestisorb to aid in digestibility and reduce bloating. Another feature is the multi-carb blend from Carb10 & Maltodextrin which combines multiple sources of low to moderateeglycemic carbs.

Dosing is 2 scoops (30 servings) or 4 scoops (15 servings). You can take this product pre or post workout. I typically took this product post workout and sometimes as a snack in the afternoon. The label does state to drink 2-4 servings for best results. Mixability was really high as I had no clumping and very little left in the shaker. Taste was by far superior than other proteins. I sampled the peanut butter cookie and it was amazing. I seriously do not think I could get tired of it. It was like a sweet treat for me.

As for effectiveness, I was very pleased with my results. As I stated earlier, this was my first time using a weight gainer so I was not real sure of what to expect. I was just hoping to actually gain some weight back quicker than it normally takes me. Although I'm a naturally slim guy, I still like to keep my carbs down, so I stuck to 1 serving day for most days with a few days mixed in a second for a snack. During the time it took me to finish the tub, I was able to put back on 5 lbs while not gaining any type of spare tire around the waist. It helped me go back up in my weight slightly where I had been lacking as well. So to say that I was extremely pleased would be an understatement.

The cheapest I found online was for about $50. Weight gainers are typically more than your standard protein so it did not seem high to me. For the quality of the product you are receiving, I think $50 is a great value for this. Especially if you are only taking 1 serving a day, sometimes 2.

Side Effects

I experienced zero side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, VMI put out another excellent product and I would not hesitate to tell anyone to give this a try. I highly recommend!

Thanks to Roar Ambition for sending it out!
        September 10, 2018

• Lacks Focus

Huge shoutout to SR and 4 Gauge for allowing me the opportunity to try the 4 Gauge Pre-Workout! As you can tell from all the reviews I have posted, I'm in love with taking pre's so I'm always looking for a new one to try to see if I can find the next "bigger and better" thing. When I first saw the tub for $ Gauge, I said that's the one!

150mg of caffeine anhydrous
        200mg of L-Theanine to help keep you energized.
        1000mg of creatine monohydrate
        6000mg of L-Citrulline DL-Malate
        300mg of Red Beet to help with the pumps
        100mg of Rhodiola Rosea to...

150mg of caffeine anhydrous
        200mg of L-Theanine to help keep you energized.
        1000mg of creatine monohydrate
        6000mg of L-Citrulline DL-Malate
        300mg of Red Beet to help with the pumps
        100mg of Rhodiola Rosea to help you focus
        500mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine
        300mg of Coconut Water to help with hydration

Simple ingredient profile, and fully disclosed. No prop blends!! I do not need a label with 50 ingredients on it, I just want it to work. At the end of the day, that's what all of us want.

Serving Size is 2 level scoops about 20-30 minutes before your workout. You can take up to 3-4 scoops if needed. Mixability was pretty good. It seemed to dissolve pretty well with little to no waste left in the cup. Fruit Blast is the only flavor for 4 Gauge. I'm not really sure of a good way to describe it. It had a good flavor, but a little tarty.

When seeing the tub and after readings the claims, I was extremely pumped (no pun intended) to take 4 Gauge. I never took more than the 2 scoops, but I would take it about 20 minutes before I left to the gym. After getting the gym, I felt just a slight increase in energy at best. My pumps did not increase any more than normal. My endurance did not increase nor did the amount of weight I was pushing. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed with how it worked for me.

At $45 for a just a sub-par pre, that's too steep for me. Especially with only 20 servings. If it was one of my top pre's of all time, I'd say it would be worth it.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was not very impressed by 4 Gauge when comparing my results to its claims. I know everyone reacts to things differently, so maybe it might work for you. However, I would not buy at the regular price of $45, I'd wait to look for cheaper. If this does work for someone, I'd like to know what other pre's they like as well so I could compare them to my personal list I like. Just curious!

Overall
        Overall
        9.2
        9.5
          July 26, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Reduced Fatigue
        • Endurance
        • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate

What up SR familia! Shout out to SR and VMI again! VMI keeps climbing up the charts for top brands. BCAA drinks have really become a staple in my workout regime so after trying this from a sample when i picked up another VMI supplement, I wanted to give their Aminogex Ultra a full try.

Let's start of saying a fully disclosed label. ZERO!Sugar and NO Aspartame!@
          25mg of B6 and 30mcg of B12. 7g of Instantized BCAA's. (3.5g of Leucine, 1.75g of Isoleucine, 1.75g of Valine.
          1.25g of Betaine
          400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
          TRAA...

Let's start of saying a fully disclosed label. ZERO!Sugar and NO Aspartame!@
          1.25g of Betaine
          400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
          TRAACS - are organic minerals that absorb better than non-organic minerals.
          50mg of each - Potassium Glycinate, Magnesium Glycinate, Calcium Glycinate
          50mg of Sodium Chloride

Dosing is 1 scoop with 8-16oz of water. You can use 2 scoops if you'd like and it is meant to take before, during, or after a workout. Also in between meals on non-workout days. I typically took this while working out and as an extra drink sometimes during the afternoon. Mixability was great, no clumps, grains or extra powder floating around on top. As for taste, i received the Sweet Iced Tea. I was unsure of how good it would be and it was very pleased with it. It's not your momma's sugary iced tea but it's right up there with it. It's definitely a nice change of pace from all the usual flavors.

As for effectiveness, BCAA drinks are almost as hard to judge as protein powders but you are still able to notice a few things. What i noticed was feeling refreshed while working out, and felt less fatigued. Importantly, my DOMS decreased. I also drank this after playing basketball and the next morning i felt less sore as well. As i get older, the less sore feeling becomes more and more important so any help i can get I will take!

As for value, I found it for $24 online. I think that is a very reasonable price and just slightly under what most BCAA drinks are at. For the quality of what you are getting, I think its a great purchase price.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think VMI put out another excellent product. If you are looking for a new BCAA drink, i highly recommend you check out the Aminogex Ultra. I think I will be trying out the Pink Lemonade next.

July 24, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Quality Ingredients
          • Tastes Great
          • Mixes Perfectly
          • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
          • Non GMO
          • Great Macros
          • Affordable

VMI does it again with another solid product!!! shout out to SR for allowing me the opportunity to give this a try. I dont typically buy isolates on the regular, just when i feel like splurging a little more on protein so when i saw VMI had their whey isolate up for grabs i jumped on it!!

ProtoLyte by VMI has 25g of whey isolate protein per scoop. Less than 1g of carbs, 40mg of sodium, 166mg of Potassium and 0 grams of fat all with only 100 calories.

Protolyte also comes with 4g of L-Glutamine to help with muscle r...

Protolyte also comes with 4g of L-Glutamine to help with muscle recovery.

It also contains electrolytes & enzymes thru TRAACS to help with hydration.
            -500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate
            -300mg of Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate
            -8mg of Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate

Dosing is 1-2 scoops either post workout or in place of a meal during the day. I typically drank this post workout or an afternoon shake as a snack. Mixability was excellent. No clumping and easy to dilute. I received the Vanilla Cake Batter as a sample and i thought it was pretty darn good. I'm not a huge fan of cake batter because it can be very hit or miss but the vanilla touch really helped it out i thought.

Like all proteins, it is very hard to judge the effectiveness especially if it something you take on a regular basis already. What i did notice was how light my stomach felt after having a shake, whether it was one or two scoops. I was not bloated or felt full, just a nice light snack with a great taste and guilt free!

As for value, i found this for $40 online for 2lbs. That seems like a fair price for a whey isolate. That comes to .06 cents per gram of protein. The normal whey protein i buy comes to about .04 cents per gram and that is getting it on sale.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i thought VMI put out an excellent product and highly recommend others to give this a try. If you do, try the chocolate fudge cookie and let me know how good it is if i haven't got my hands on it before then.

Overall
            Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
              July 12, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Increased Vascularity
            • Leaning Effect

What's up SR! I know I am still under the time frame but I'm extremely late to posting my review compared to how quickly I usually post. Thank you very much SR and Olympus Labs for hooking me up with Massacr3. Olympus Labs also hooked me up with Ep1Logue. I read several great reviews on these two so when they popped up I jumped on the opportunity. I had been looking for something different to try other than pre and aminos.

Massacr3 is made up of the following:
            300mg of Laxogenin. This is for building muscle an...

Massacr3 is made up of the following:
            300mg of Laxogenin. This is for building muscle and boost performance all without harming the body. Along with the PhytoFUSE System they claim it helps deliver better absorption
            300mg of Vaso6 to help increase nitric oxide levels.
            150mg of UroBolin is supposed to limit damage to muscle.

Taste and Mixability are both N/A as these are capsules. Dosing is 2 capsules about 30 minutes before your workout. Make sure to take on empty stomach on non-workout days.

As for effectiveness, it is hard to tell the difference of what the Massacre and Ep1logue did for me. At first, I did not notice much of anything but by the 3rd week was when I started noticing small changes. I felt slightly stronger in all of the lifts. What I noticed the most was that I started to look leaner and more defined without losing any weight on the scale. Which for me, that is really what I care about the most. Not how much I can lift. My DOMs seemed to decrease as well during my time of taking this.

As for value, I found this for $50 online ($100 when you buy ep1logue with it) which I thought it was a little on the higher end, and for the amount of gains I received, but maybe taking for a full 8 weeks would change my mind. Like I mentioned earlier, I really started noticing the last few weeks of the month cycle.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I thought Olympus put out a great product and suggest anyone looking to try this to give it a go but be sure to pick up the Ep1logue with it. Also if you can, get the 8 weeks worth and let me know how it goes!

Overall
            Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
              July 1, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Feel Healthier
            • Properly Dosed Ingredients
            • Quality Ingredients

Big shout out to Nutrex and SR for the opportunity to test Vitadapt by Nutrex! I'm hit and miss on if i'm taking a multi-vitamin and really need to get back on the wagon so when i saw Nutrex had their multi-vitamin available I did not hesitate to pick it up.

With clinical doses of 24 vitamins and minerals. I could list all of them below but their is no need with all others going into detail on the ingredients. Everything is completely disclosed just to top it off. Something that really stood out to me while reading up on Nutrex Vitadapt was their statement on the Vitamin D and how most people are indoors more and more and it really made a lot of sense. I can't really drink milk anymore as I have got older so its nice to pick it up in additional ways. Vitadapt is set up with "adaptogens" (KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Schisandra Chinensis, and Rhodiola Rosea) to really aid in how your body reacts too and recovers.

Dosing is 1 serving (3 capsules) in the morning with your first meal. If a really intense workout for the day, you can opt to take a second serving. For myself, i only took one serving as I typically just workout on my lunch break. Mixability is N/A since these are capsules. Taste is N/A as well for the same reason. I did not notice a funky smell and the capsules were not overally large so it made them pretty easy to swallow.

As for effectiveness, a multi-vitamin is really hard to judge just like protein. One of the best ways I can tell is the color of my pee to see how bright yellow it is to determine how much of the vitamins I am absorbing. Although i didnt completely absorb all of the product like a previous multi i tried, i did however just have a slight tent color so i absorbed most of it. Unlike a few others i have tried where i feel like a mutant. To note, while taking Vitadapt I felt a slight uptick on my overall "health" feeling so that was a nice feeling to have.

At $24 for a month supply, I think you are getting a pretty good deal with the clinical doses and fully disclosed label. A solid product makes it that much sweeter of a deal.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Nutrex produced another solid product as usual. I have really come to like what this company is doing and the products they are putting out. Definitely one of top tier brands. If anyone is in the market for a multi-vitamin be sure to give Vitadapt a try.

Overall
              Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
                June 22, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Fully Disclosed Label
              • Deeper Sleep
              • Pill Form

Shout out to SR and Olympus Labs for the allowing me to sample AMNES1A. This is only the second night time product I have tried so I am still a newb to these supps. The last one worked pretty well so I thought I would give this stuff a try.

AMNES1A is made up of the following:
                133mg of magnesium
                500mg of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to help induce a deeper sleep.
                450mg of Valeriana officinalis to help you fall to sleep quicker.
                300mg of Melissa officinalis is to help improve move and reduce stress.
                300mg of Dioscorea pseudojaponica claims to h...

AMNES1A is made up of the following:
                133mg of magnesium
                500mg of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to help induce a deeper sleep.
                450mg of Valeriana officinalis to help you fall to sleep quicker.
                300mg of Melissa officinalis is to help improve move and reduce stress.
                300mg of Dioscorea pseudojaponica claims to help you build lean mass and improve recovery.
                300mg of Passionflower Extract is to help with relaxation.
                100mg of Theanine
                25mg of KannaEase promote better feeling and reduce stress.
                3mg of Melatonin

Taste and mixability is both N/A since this is a capsule. Dosing is 4 capsules 1 to 2 hours before bed. I took this product an hour before bed.

As for effectiveness, I had some excellent sleep while taking this. I already sleep really well, but this stuff knocked me out within an hour so I had to be careful when I took it in the evening so I could stay up later if I needed too. What I liked about AMNES1A was I did not wake up feeling drowsy the next day. Woke up as if it was a normal night and ready to hit the day. I did not notice my mood was any better but I'm a pretty easy going guy so not a good judge there. My body did seem to feel slightly better the next day so I would say it helped with the recovery, which I wasn't so sure how much or if I would even notice.

As for value, at basically $50 for a month supply, it seems a little steep for me. Especially compared to other similar products. I don't mind to spend $50 on other products, but not to sleep better. However, with that said. I sleep pretty well most anyways so maybe that plays a part in it for others looking for sleep.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I thought AMNES1A was a solid product. If someone does not mind spending the $50, then I highly recommend picking this up for a try. You won't be disappointed.