ccoward

• Moderate community participation

Reviews by ccoward

September 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Amazing Taste
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • Prime Ingredients
  • -amazing Taste
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops
  • Only Use When Burning A High Amount Of Carbs

Shout our SR and VMI! A MAJOR thank-YOU to VMI for allowing me the opportunity to sample their product Major Mass Lean Mass Gainer. I have never really tried a mass gainer before and after losing some weight recently due to changes in my eating habits, I wanted to put back on a few pounds so I decided to give this a try.

Along with your typical amino acid profile, it contains the following is based on 2 scoops:
7g of Fat
58mg of Cholesterol
125mg of Sodium
211mg of Potassium
29g of Carbs
20g of Protein

Major Mass has a 20/30/10 protein,car...

7g of Fat
58mg of Cholesterol
125mg of Sodium
211mg of Potassium
29g of Carbs
20g of Protein

Major Mass has a 20/30/10 protein,carb,fat ratio. It also features Digestisorb to aid in digestibility and reduce bloating. Another feature is the multi-carb blend from Carb10 & Maltodextrin which combines multiple sources of low to moderateeglycemic carbs.

Dosing is 2 scoops (30 servings) or 4 scoops (15 servings). You can take this product pre or post workout. I typically took this product post workout and sometimes as a snack in the afternoon. The label does state to drink 2-4 servings for best results. Mixability was really high as I had no clumping and very little left in the shaker. Taste was by far superior than other proteins. I sampled the peanut butter cookie and it was amazing. I seriously do not think I could get tired of it. It was like a sweet treat for me.

As for effectiveness, I was very pleased with my results. As I stated earlier, this was my first time using a weight gainer so I was not real sure of what to expect. I was just hoping to actually gain some weight back quicker than it normally takes me. Although I'm a naturally slim guy, I still like to keep my carbs down, so I stuck to 1 serving day for most days with a few days mixed in a second for a snack. During the time it took me to finish the tub, I was able to put back on 5 lbs while not gaining any type of spare tire around the waist. It helped me go back up in my weight slightly where I had been lacking as well. So to say that I was extremely pleased would be an understatement.

The cheapest I found online was for about $50. Weight gainers are typically more than your standard protein so it did not seem high to me. For the quality of the product you are receiving, I think $50 is a great value for this. Especially if you are only taking 1 serving a day, sometimes 2.

Side Effects

I experienced zero side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, VMI put out another excellent product and I would not hesitate to tell anyone to give this a try. I highly recommend!

Thanks to Roar Ambition for sending it out!
  September 10, 2018

• Lacks Focus

Huge shoutout to SR and 4 Gauge for allowing me the opportunity to try the 4 Gauge Pre-Workout! As you can tell from all the reviews I have posted, I'm in love with taking pre's so I'm always looking for a new one to try to see if I can find the next "bigger and better" thing. When I first saw the tub for $ Gauge, I said that's the one!

150mg of caffeine anhydrous
    200mg of L-Theanine to help keep you energized.
    1000mg of creatine monohydrate
    6000mg of L-Citrulline DL-Malate
    300mg of Red Beet to help with the pumps
    100mg of Rhodiola Rosea to...

150mg of caffeine anhydrous
    200mg of L-Theanine to help keep you energized.
    1000mg of creatine monohydrate
    6000mg of L-Citrulline DL-Malate
    300mg of Red Beet to help with the pumps
    100mg of Rhodiola Rosea to help you focus
    500mg of Acetyl-L-Carnitine
    300mg of Coconut Water to help with hydration

Simple ingredient profile, and fully disclosed. No prop blends!! I do not need a label with 50 ingredients on it, I just want it to work. At the end of the day, that's what all of us want.

Serving Size is 2 level scoops about 20-30 minutes before your workout. You can take up to 3-4 scoops if needed. Mixability was pretty good. It seemed to dissolve pretty well with little to no waste left in the cup. Fruit Blast is the only flavor for 4 Gauge. I'm not really sure of a good way to describe it. It had a good flavor, but a little tarty.

When seeing the tub and after readings the claims, I was extremely pumped (no pun intended) to take 4 Gauge. I never took more than the 2 scoops, but I would take it about 20 minutes before I left to the gym. After getting the gym, I felt just a slight increase in energy at best. My pumps did not increase any more than normal. My endurance did not increase nor did the amount of weight I was pushing. Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed with how it worked for me.

At $45 for a just a sub-par pre, that's too steep for me. Especially with only 20 servings. If it was one of my top pre's of all time, I'd say it would be worth it.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was not very impressed by 4 Gauge when comparing my results to its claims. I know everyone reacts to things differently, so maybe it might work for you. However, I would not buy at the regular price of $45, I'd wait to look for cheaper. If this does work for someone, I'd like to know what other pre's they like as well so I could compare them to my personal list I like. Just curious!

Overall
    Overall
    9.2
    9.5
      July 26, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Endurance
    • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate

What up SR familia! Shout out to SR and VMI again! VMI keeps climbing up the charts for top brands. BCAA drinks have really become a staple in my workout regime so after trying this from a sample when i picked up another VMI supplement, I wanted to give their Aminogex Ultra a full try.

Let's start of saying a fully disclosed label. ZERO!Sugar and NO Aspartame!@
      25mg of B6 and 30mcg of B12. 7g of Instantized BCAA's. (3.5g of Leucine, 1.75g of Isoleucine, 1.75g of Valine.
      1.25g of Betaine
      400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
      TRAA...

Let's start of saying a fully disclosed label. ZERO!Sugar and NO Aspartame!@
      1.25g of Betaine
      400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
      TRAACS - are organic minerals that absorb better than non-organic minerals.
      50mg of each - Potassium Glycinate, Magnesium Glycinate, Calcium Glycinate
      50mg of Sodium Chloride

Dosing is 1 scoop with 8-16oz of water. You can use 2 scoops if you'd like and it is meant to take before, during, or after a workout. Also in between meals on non-workout days. I typically took this while working out and as an extra drink sometimes during the afternoon. Mixability was great, no clumps, grains or extra powder floating around on top. As for taste, i received the Sweet Iced Tea. I was unsure of how good it would be and it was very pleased with it. It's not your momma's sugary iced tea but it's right up there with it. It's definitely a nice change of pace from all the usual flavors.

As for effectiveness, BCAA drinks are almost as hard to judge as protein powders but you are still able to notice a few things. What i noticed was feeling refreshed while working out, and felt less fatigued. Importantly, my DOMS decreased. I also drank this after playing basketball and the next morning i felt less sore as well. As i get older, the less sore feeling becomes more and more important so any help i can get I will take!

As for value, I found it for $24 online. I think that is a very reasonable price and just slightly under what most BCAA drinks are at. For the quality of what you are getting, I think its a great purchase price.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think VMI put out another excellent product. If you are looking for a new BCAA drink, i highly recommend you check out the Aminogex Ultra. I think I will be trying out the Pink Lemonade next.

July 24, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Tastes Great
      • Mixes Perfectly
      • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
      • Non GMO
      • Great Macros
      • Affordable

VMI does it again with another solid product!!! shout out to SR for allowing me the opportunity to give this a try. I dont typically buy isolates on the regular, just when i feel like splurging a little more on protein so when i saw VMI had their whey isolate up for grabs i jumped on it!!

ProtoLyte by VMI has 25g of whey isolate protein per scoop. Less than 1g of carbs, 40mg of sodium, 166mg of Potassium and 0 grams of fat all with only 100 calories.

Protolyte also comes with 4g of L-Glutamine to help with muscle r...

Protolyte also comes with 4g of L-Glutamine to help with muscle recovery.

It also contains electrolytes & enzymes thru TRAACS to help with hydration.
        -500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate
        -300mg of Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate
        -8mg of Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate

Dosing is 1-2 scoops either post workout or in place of a meal during the day. I typically drank this post workout or an afternoon shake as a snack. Mixability was excellent. No clumping and easy to dilute. I received the Vanilla Cake Batter as a sample and i thought it was pretty darn good. I'm not a huge fan of cake batter because it can be very hit or miss but the vanilla touch really helped it out i thought.

Like all proteins, it is very hard to judge the effectiveness especially if it something you take on a regular basis already. What i did notice was how light my stomach felt after having a shake, whether it was one or two scoops. I was not bloated or felt full, just a nice light snack with a great taste and guilt free!

As for value, i found this for $40 online for 2lbs. That seems like a fair price for a whey isolate. That comes to .06 cents per gram of protein. The normal whey protein i buy comes to about .04 cents per gram and that is getting it on sale.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i thought VMI put out an excellent product and highly recommend others to give this a try. If you do, try the chocolate fudge cookie and let me know how good it is if i haven't got my hands on it before then.

Overall
        Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
          July 12, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increased Vascularity
        • Leaning Effect

What's up SR! I know I am still under the time frame but I'm extremely late to posting my review compared to how quickly I usually post. Thank you very much SR and Olympus Labs for hooking me up with Massacr3. Olympus Labs also hooked me up with Ep1Logue. I read several great reviews on these two so when they popped up I jumped on the opportunity. I had been looking for something different to try other than pre and aminos.

Massacr3 is made up of the following:
        300mg of Laxogenin. This is for building muscle an...

Massacr3 is made up of the following:
        300mg of Laxogenin. This is for building muscle and boost performance all without harming the body. Along with the PhytoFUSE System they claim it helps deliver better absorption
        300mg of Vaso6 to help increase nitric oxide levels.
        150mg of UroBolin is supposed to limit damage to muscle.

Taste and Mixability are both N/A as these are capsules. Dosing is 2 capsules about 30 minutes before your workout. Make sure to take on empty stomach on non-workout days.

As for effectiveness, it is hard to tell the difference of what the Massacre and Ep1logue did for me. At first, I did not notice much of anything but by the 3rd week was when I started noticing small changes. I felt slightly stronger in all of the lifts. What I noticed the most was that I started to look leaner and more defined without losing any weight on the scale. Which for me, that is really what I care about the most. Not how much I can lift. My DOMs seemed to decrease as well during my time of taking this.

As for value, I found this for $50 online ($100 when you buy ep1logue with it) which I thought it was a little on the higher end, and for the amount of gains I received, but maybe taking for a full 8 weeks would change my mind. Like I mentioned earlier, I really started noticing the last few weeks of the month cycle.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I thought Olympus put out a great product and suggest anyone looking to try this to give it a go but be sure to pick up the Ep1logue with it. Also if you can, get the 8 weeks worth and let me know how it goes!

Overall
        Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
          July 1, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Feel Healthier
        • Properly Dosed Ingredients
        • Quality Ingredients

Big shout out to Nutrex and SR for the opportunity to test Vitadapt by Nutrex! I'm hit and miss on if i'm taking a multi-vitamin and really need to get back on the wagon so when i saw Nutrex had their multi-vitamin available I did not hesitate to pick it up.

With clinical doses of 24 vitamins and minerals. I could list all of them below but their is no need with all others going into detail on the ingredients. Everything is completely disclosed just to top it off. Something that really stood out to me while reading up on Nutrex Vitadapt was their statement on the Vitamin D and how most people are indoors more and more and it really made a lot of sense. I can't really drink milk anymore as I have got older so its nice to pick it up in additional ways. Vitadapt is set up with "adaptogens" (KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Schisandra Chinensis, and Rhodiola Rosea) to really aid in how your body reacts too and recovers.

Dosing is 1 serving (3 capsules) in the morning with your first meal. If a really intense workout for the day, you can opt to take a second serving. For myself, i only took one serving as I typically just workout on my lunch break. Mixability is N/A since these are capsules. Taste is N/A as well for the same reason. I did not notice a funky smell and the capsules were not overally large so it made them pretty easy to swallow.

As for effectiveness, a multi-vitamin is really hard to judge just like protein. One of the best ways I can tell is the color of my pee to see how bright yellow it is to determine how much of the vitamins I am absorbing. Although i didnt completely absorb all of the product like a previous multi i tried, i did however just have a slight tent color so i absorbed most of it. Unlike a few others i have tried where i feel like a mutant. To note, while taking Vitadapt I felt a slight uptick on my overall "health" feeling so that was a nice feeling to have.

At $24 for a month supply, I think you are getting a pretty good deal with the clinical doses and fully disclosed label. A solid product makes it that much sweeter of a deal.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Nutrex produced another solid product as usual. I have really come to like what this company is doing and the products they are putting out. Definitely one of top tier brands. If anyone is in the market for a multi-vitamin be sure to give Vitadapt a try.

Overall
          Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
            June 22, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Fully Disclosed Label
          • Deeper Sleep
          • Pill Form

Shout out to SR and Olympus Labs for the allowing me to sample AMNES1A. This is only the second night time product I have tried so I am still a newb to these supps. The last one worked pretty well so I thought I would give this stuff a try.

AMNES1A is made up of the following:
            133mg of magnesium
            500mg of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to help induce a deeper sleep.
            450mg of Valeriana officinalis to help you fall to sleep quicker.
            300mg of Melissa officinalis is to help improve move and reduce stress.
            300mg of Dioscorea pseudojaponica claims to h...

AMNES1A is made up of the following:
            133mg of magnesium
            500mg of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to help induce a deeper sleep.
            450mg of Valeriana officinalis to help you fall to sleep quicker.
            300mg of Melissa officinalis is to help improve move and reduce stress.
            300mg of Dioscorea pseudojaponica claims to help you build lean mass and improve recovery.
            300mg of Passionflower Extract is to help with relaxation.
            100mg of Theanine
            25mg of KannaEase promote better feeling and reduce stress.
            3mg of Melatonin

Taste and mixability is both N/A since this is a capsule. Dosing is 4 capsules 1 to 2 hours before bed. I took this product an hour before bed.

As for effectiveness, I had some excellent sleep while taking this. I already sleep really well, but this stuff knocked me out within an hour so I had to be careful when I took it in the evening so I could stay up later if I needed too. What I liked about AMNES1A was I did not wake up feeling drowsy the next day. Woke up as if it was a normal night and ready to hit the day. I did not notice my mood was any better but I'm a pretty easy going guy so not a good judge there. My body did seem to feel slightly better the next day so I would say it helped with the recovery, which I wasn't so sure how much or if I would even notice.

As for value, at basically $50 for a month supply, it seems a little steep for me. Especially compared to other similar products. I don't mind to spend $50 on other products, but not to sleep better. However, with that said. I sleep pretty well most anyways so maybe that plays a part in it for others looking for sleep.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I thought AMNES1A was a solid product. If someone does not mind spending the $50, then I highly recommend picking this up for a try. You won't be disappointed.

Overall
            Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
              May 31, 2018

Cons:

If you're in the market for a solid pre, fully-disclosed and effective as they come, then go pick up PRE by NutraBio.

Shout out SR familia and NutraBio for the opportunity to sample yet another great product! I picked up this PRE and IntraBlast at the same time. A preworkout is a staple for me, as it is many others so you will notice or have noticed I sample a lot of pre-workouts.

First off, this is a fully disclosed label like all NutraBio products. No artificial flavors, dyes or preservatives. 6g of citrulline, 3.2g of beta-alinine and 7.8g of NO to get the pump you like! This has your typical vitamin C, B3, B6 and B12.
              The Power strength and endurance profile is made up of leucine, beta-alinine, creatine mono, betaine anhydrous, dl malic acid, and creatine magnapower.
              The NO pump profile is made up of citrulline, agmatine sulfate and nitrosigine. The nitrosigine is complex of bonded arginine and silicon that enhance performance. Nitrosigine is engineered to last up to 6 hours.
              The focus and stim matrix is made up of tyrosine, choline bitartrate, 350mg of caffeine from purcaf organic caffeine and infinergy. TheaPure Theanine and Huperzine.
              The electrolyte & hydration profile is made up of taurine, calcium potassium phosphate citrate and sodium phosphate.

Dosing is 1 scoop 20-30 minutes prior to your workout in about 12-14 oz of water. I took mine with about 6 oz of water and about 15-20 minutes before I went to the gym. Mixability was great, just slightly grainy but that is typical for most pre's. No clumping so that's what is important. Taste was top notch!! I received green apple and it taste just like a green apple jolly rancher!

As for effectiveness, by the time I was ready to hit the weights I could feel the slight tingle settling in. Not so much its uncomfortable, but enough to let you know it's there. I did feel slightly more focused, but not as much as I would have liked and an increase in energy as well. What I really noticed was the increase in my pump. It felt like my skin was going to pop at times. I did not feel as if the hydration portion worked that well, as I had to rely on my intra blast to for that. Overall, I give it about a 7.5. I really liked this pre, but I have had a couple others that really make me focus and zone in and that is the main reason I had to give it a little lower rating.

At $40 for the quality of product you are receiving, I think that is an excellent price! The more pre's I try and compare the prices/ingredients I've noticed you def get what you pay for..so spend the little extra $$ and get the "better" stuff.

Side Effects

I experienced no ill sides while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, NutraBio produces like always. I highly recommend this product for others to try with the superb ingredients.

Overall
              Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
                May 30, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Fully Disclosed
              • Great Profile
              • No Proprietary Blends
              • Reduces Cramping
              • Uses Both BCAAEAA Blend

Shout out to NutraBio and SR for hooking me up with this intra/post workout. I have been very watchful for a BCAA that contains EAA's well so when I saw this I was glad I got the opportunity to give this a try.

Intra Blast is a complete product with clinical doses of 16 ingredients. 20g of aminos, 10g of EAA and 7g of BCAA
                7.4g of BCAA (3.8g-Leucine, 1.8g each of Isoleucine and Valine)
                5g of glutamine for muscle replenishment.

7.4g of BCAA (3.8g-Leucine, 1.8g each of Isoleucine and Valine)
                5g of glutamine for muscle replenishment.
                850mg each of Lysine and Threonine. 450mg of Histidine. 300mg of Phenylalanine, 100mg of Methionine. 55mg of Tryptophan
                2000mg of betaine anhydrous and 1000mg of OKG to improve performance and reduce fatigue.
                To help with electrolytes and hydration it contains 2g of Taurine, 525mg of Calci-K, 157mg of Sodium Phosphate and 140mg of Albion.

Did I mention no artificial sweetners, dyes and flavors?!

Dosing is 1 scoop with 12-16oz of water to sip while working out. Intra Blas can also be drank during the day in between meals. Mixability, like most amino mixes, it does leave a little on top when being stirred so I recommend using a shaker. As for Taste, I sampled the sweet tea. I give it about a 7 out of 10. When I first received it and saw sweet tea, I was very hesitant to drink during my workout thinking it might make me sick but once I took a drink I knew I would be OK. It reminds me the lipton ice tea from a Keurig.

As for effectiveness, while taking this after a workout/run I felt refreshed. While taking this during my workout I noticed reduce fatigue as I did not get as tired during my sets as I had been. I also noticed that I was less sore after my workouts, especially the next day even after hitting it harder. So I'd have to say I was very pleased with the results.

I found this for $40 online. For the clinical doses, EAAs, premium ingredients and being "natural" it is easily worth the $40. IMO you are getting a steal for this.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking Intra Blast.

Conclusion

In conclusion, NutraBio put out another superb product. They know what they are doing over there so if anyone is in the market for a intra workout, go check this product out. You will not be disappointed.

Overall
                Overall
                5.8
                4.5
                Thanks to High T for sending it out!
                  April 29, 2018

What up SR!! While reading some other reviews i ran across a couple of guys who picked up some supps for their wife so i did the same. It now looks like we shouldn't do that, so I will not being doing this again. However, since i had already picked it up and my wife tried it out for a month, i know i still need to give this a review. So, a little about my wife, she is a petite 5'4" 32 yr old that despises going to the gym. She likes to workout out at home with the elliptical and a few dumbbells...she is hit and miss consistency.

I recently ...

I recently picked up the HighT for Men and enjoyed it so when i saw the HighT for women I thought she might as well, so i asked if she was interested and she said yes so i picked it up.

Ingredient profile is as follows:
                30iu of Vitamin E
                4mg of Niacin
                8mg of B6
                48mcg of B12
                2Mg of Zinc
                30mg of Hmrlignan (which increase blood levels of enterolactone and is associated with breast health is what i found after looking this up)
                900mg of Prop blend. (which i dont like, i'd prefer to see a complete breakdown of each)
                - Coco extract, maca root extract, a-akg, damiana leaf extract 5:1, mucuna puriens extract, panax ginseng root extract, passion flower, rhodiola rosea extract.

Taste and Mixability are both N/A since these are pills. dosing is 2 capsules daily with water. Of course a light exercise and good diet is always recommended.

HighT Women claims to increase strength/stamina, energy/vitality, and endurance. As for the strength and stamina, my wife claimed she does not see an improvement in either area. She said she felt just about the same. In regards to energy/vitality, she said it actually made her sleepy. The first few days she took it in the morning and then moved to around lunch time to see if that would change anything up but still nothing so she started taking this right before bed. I asked if she felt more refreshed during the morning and nothing more their either. Then finally to libido, I'm a little upset to say the least lol, it did not improve that for her either.

I looked up the price online and the cheapest i could find it was $37 before tax. To me that seemed a little steep from the results she had but when comparing the price to the mens, that seems like a reasonable price.

Side Effects

She received no side effects from taking this other than getting sleepy about an hour after.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think I was more disappointed for my wife than she was. I was really hoping she would fall in love with it and maybe get that extra boost of energy and join me at the gym but that is OK. I know everyone reacts to things differently so it may work for others. However, it did not help her out in area HighT Women claimed on the bottle.