bzyczek

• Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Forum Posts

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Try Requests

First Bloods

Votes Cast

MVRs

TROOPer Level

Total Reviews

Reputation

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. bzyczek will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 146 days.

Reviews by bzyczek

I'm a 39 year old Gym rat who enjoys working out 5 times a day. I want to gain in muscle so that I can look more impressive in the mirror. No I'm not that shallow but I have never worked out before and in the past 4 years I have gained so much muscle that I never seen myself like this before. Obviously most of it it's thanks to the extra protein I started consuming in the past 2 years ... This is the one I used the most because of the ease of purchase ... It's almost available in most of the stores ... and since Walgreen's was the closest to my work ... this was the best choice ...

140 Calories, 1 gram of fat, 10 mg of Cholesterol, 2 grams of Carbs.

With those little numbers you get 30 grams of Protein per scoop.

6 grams if BCAA's
5.5 grams of Glutamine

This is very impressive ...

There has been a lot of history between Muscletech and Protein spiking but there is a note on the box that all 30 Grams of protein are 100% pure protein and it comes with added amino acids which are NOT loaded.

Do I believe them ... honestly I would assume they have learned their lesson ... Here is a link so that you can read for yourself and be a informed consumer.

I have also added an image of their promise that there is 30 grams of pure protein and that they had added on top of it the extra amino acids. Image attached.

This protein powder very easily mixes with milk. It's very smooth to drink and the taste is really good. The Vanilla is not overwhelming and it doesn't have a very sweet taste like some other protein I've tried before. I'm not big on Vanilla but I kept buying it because my colleague at work will NOT drink chocolate so we always bought these and shared.

All that lean protein after the gym is all you need to get that lean mass. The added amino acids is a big plus for recovery if they are really adding it extra to the 30 grams. I am looking better each day and it does help me the next day. I'm ready for another 2 hours at the gym the next day.

I compared this protein with the number one contender MyProtein isolate ... Although on paper MyProtein looks cheaper they are in fact actually very close in price, you get a lot more protein per scoop. I think this protein comes out to be a dollar more expensive than MyProtein. You can buy Six Start Isolate for 19$ at BodyBuilding.com for 18 servings. That comes out 1.05 per serving. ... Is it worth to pay that dollar extra in total for the added amino acids ... you be the judge ...

Side Effects

None, No gas, No farts, No worries.

Conclusion

Really good Protein Powder for the money. I just wished they didn't have the history that they do. If everything on the ingredient profile is true and honest than I would probably put this protein on top of all Isolates. There is nothing I can do to prove them so I'm just going to assume they are telling me the truth until guilty. Until than I personally highly recommend this product.

Also, FYI

I have read on Amazon that they recently have changed the formula and the taste might not be as good as it used to. The supplement facts might have also changed since my purchase. I will post a picture of the facts I used from my tube. The vanilla and chocolate might have changed slightly since than.
  • Tastes Great
  • Very Smooth
  • No Gas
  • Sued For Protein Spiking

Hello, 39 year old gym rat here trying to get a little bulked up for the summer. Every time I stopped by Sam's club to look at protein powders I see these bars staring at me and begging me to get some ... So me being weak I purchased a sample pack of Clif Builder's protein bars. After I finished it I decided that the Chocolate Mint was my favorite and bought another pack through Amazon.

This ingredient profile is based on the chocolate mint flavor ... it might vary from flavor to flavor.

Total Fat: 9g

Total Carbohydrates: 29 g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Insoluble Fiber 2g
Sugars 22g

The two ingredients they use for sugar is Brown Rice Syrup and Dried Cane Syrup. What's funny is that the bar says that it is low glycemic but what researchers say about Brown rice syrup is that "According to the Sydney University GI database, Rice Syrup has a glycemic index of 98, which is extremely high". So, I'm kind of perplexed why Cliff is stating that this bar is low glycemic ...

Other Carbs 5g

Protein 20g

Protein is sourced primarily from Soy Protein Isolate.

There are few Vitamins and Minerals
Vitamin C, E, B1, A, B3, B5, B2, B6, D, B12, Potassium, Calcium and Magnesium.

In all honesty if it wasn't for the taste I'm not a big fan of this product. It feels more like a candy bar with protein than anything else.

One little addition I should mention is that this bar contains beet juice concentrate ... and those that are big on NO know what it does ... I'm not sure how much of it is in the protein bar but I personally welcome this addition.

I personally enjoyed the Chocolate Mint flavor the most. It's really tasty and easy to consume. Almost like a candy bar but with a shot of protein.

It does help me stay full for a while while I'm out and about and don't have the time to eat. When I started eating them I usually had one for brunch but than I realized how many calories and sugar I was taking in, therefore I came to a conclusion that it's not the best substitute for real food. It does help when you are really hungry and you don't have time to get anything else worth while. I guess maybe this bar can also be used as a reward system if you did good and wanted to treat yourself.

I found these on amazon at a price of 8 dollars for 6 bars comes out to 1.33 per bar. I think you can get it cheaper at Sams club but than you have to get the other flavors. It seems even if you get 12 for 16$ at Walmart it will still come down to 1.33 a bar. Compared to other bars this is a real good price. I'm not sure about the value though. Even when it is that less expensive from it's competitors is there value for me paying that for sugar and calories? I still think it's a good offer so I valued this product high if you are looking for a Vegan alternative.

Side Effects

I didn't experience anything out of ordinary after eating these bars.

Conclusion

I like this bar for the taste but I'm not very hyped about the ingredients profile. I'm not big on Soy and I'm not vegan so there is no benefit there for me personally. Let me quickly share why ... Soy protein is pretty much cheap ... maybe that is why the protein bar is cheaper than others ... Soy protein also inhibits absorption of other supplements so another drawback ... and lastly the process is terrible (metal contamination or pesticide) ... The carbs and sugar are way to high for me to fully enjoy the bar without feeling guilty. I'm probably going to have to look for another alternative since I do want to look good for the summer.
  • Organic Ingredients
  • Candy Bar

I'm a 39 year old gym rat who goes to the gym 5 times a week recently. There are some weeks that I even go the 6th day if I don't have anything planned for the weekend. As you may have noticed by my age my testosterone might be lower than what it was. So I figured why not get this highly recommended supplement by SR and see what it does. I wouldn't mind getting a little bit of that young beast in me :P.

This has a pretty simple ingredients profile ... you have 3.12 grams of D-Aspartic acid and than Nitratene at 480mg. D-Aspartic acid is a testosterone booster that will help you temporarily increase those testosteron that do the magic. Nitratene is a patent ingredient by Purus Labs that claims it's better than L-Arginine to create NO but yet there is not much evidence to prove the claim. I read a nice article once that Nitrates are the primary source of NO ... so I'm guessing this patent has them ...

I've been taking 3 tablets 40 minutes prior to my workout ... I have been stacking this with NO3Drive for better absorption.

Few days after taking this you will notice a change in your lower part of the body and if you don't, than your significant other definitely will. I mean seriously I have never seen him like this before ... maybe the first time when I did it but I was so apprehensive I never looked down there. I'm serious here ... it REALLY helped me ... So I thank you Purus labs and my fiance thanks you :P This is pure honesty here ...

As for as my other muscles, I started noticing a change later on week 2 and up ... I do feel more "powerful" in the gym. I have raised my reps and slowed down a bit for that better gain. When I started this product I was barely doing 10 reps and fast ... Now i'm doing 12 reps and I'm slowing them down. I really do feel "good" it does tend to do something to you physically and mentally.

As far as NO and the veins ... I have not seen much of a change on me ... and for a simple reason ... I have to much body fat ... It's hard for them to "pop out" through all that lard :P

As for as my physique, I'm not sure if it's the supplement or just pretty plain hard work makes me feel like i'm growing. I'm not sure how you define muscle hardness like others did. The only "hardness" I experienced very vividly was below my belt as I have mentioned before.

The product shines here ... 23$ for a 30 days serving size which makes it .77 cents per serving. I went ahead and purchased 2 more tubes of this product because I feel that for the price it does make you feel good.

Side Effects

I didn't get any ... maybe my age ... but no acne to report. I am going through a mood cycle though. I'm not sure if it's just things that are happening in my life recently or that I'm a bit more in tune with my feelings. I figured next cycle I will be using estrogen blocker because of these "moods".

Conclusion

I really like the product a lot. If I wouldn't I would not be buying more of it ... I think just for the feel good and the libido it's worth the price at my age. I know men out there are spending way more just to feel "more" in bed. I'm also considering doing my next cycle with a estrogen blocker so to see if I can yield an even better result.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength/endurance
  • Strong Test Booster
  • Awsome Results
  • Simple But Effective Profile
  • Below Belt Hardness
  • Moods

39 year old gym rat ... Lately I have been going to the gym even more since I started doing pre-workouts ... I'm just almost never out of energy. I bought this pre-workout because it has almost everything that I would want with clinically recommended doses. What stood out from all other pre-workouts was the value ... you just can't beat it.

PowerMax Complex:

Citrulline Malate 8g - One of the best supplement for boosting NO production. The 8 grams is what is the ideal recommended dose.

Beta-Alanine 3.2g - This what is going to give you...

PowerMax Complex:

Beta-Alanine 3.2g - This what is going to give you the tingles but in return it will help keep your fatigue away. This is also ideally dosed per recommendations.

Creatine Monohydrate 2.9g - The most studied supplement that will provide you with a boost of strength. It has many other attributes, so anyone wanting to gain muscle should take their time and read more about this supplement.

Creatine Hydrochloride 50mg - Supposedly easier on your digestive system than Creatine Monohydrate and a bit "stronger". What 50mg supposed to for you I'm really not sure.

Di-Creatine Malate 50mg - Another form of creatine bonded with malate acid.

Supposedly with these three forms of creatine you have three different ways for your body to absorb this powerful supplement. I just don't understand how the 50mg of the other 2 should be doing and helping. I would love it if someone could shed some light on this for me.

Energocore Complex:

Taurine 2g - A decent dose of a second most abundant amino acid in your system. It get's depleted rather quick while working out so getting a good spike before working out probably highly recommended. There is a good dose of 2 grams.

Caffeine Andydrous 350mg - 3 and a half cups of coffee to bring your energy level to it's heightened point so that you will never want to stop lifting. This dosage in oh the high side personally but it does make me feel gooooood.

White Tea Leaf Extract 100mg - per SR it's a rich source of polyphenols and bioflavonoids (catechins) like EGCG that can fight oxidative stress, improve insulin response, reduce fat mass, and reduced risk of cardiovascular disease. Why it's added here I'm not sure ... but i don't mind if it helps me fight stress that will come with heavy lifting. This dose is one of the most I have seen in the pre-workouts registered here.

Rhodiola Rosea 50mg - Another good supplement that should help you with the stress of working out and the pain that comes with it. The does it O.K. there could have been more of it.

Cordyceps 25mg - This is an interesting addition of a Chinese herb that supposed to help you with longevity ... Some people use cordyceps as a stimulant, a tonic, and an "adaptogen," which is used to increase energy, enhance stamina, and reduce fatigue. Super under dosed in this case where minimum should be 1 gram.

Black Pepper Extract 5mg - Helps you absorb that massive list of ingredients.

Turbofocus Complex:

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 500mg - This will make you feel happy and ready to produce the volume you need to make your muscles bigger. This is the minimum dosage.

Ginkgo Biloba Leaf 60mg - This will help your with your memory and over all brain health. I'm not sure how it will help you with the gym but if you continuously take this you should start remembering how many reps you did the day before ;). I don't think it will have an instant effect but over time it should help.

DMAE (deanol bitatrate) 40mg - DMAE should help you with your mood, memory and everything that has to do with brain functions.

MyoRecovery Complex:

L- Leucine 2g
L- Isoleucine 1g
L-Valine 1g

4 g total of essenital Amino-Acids that will aid your body in protein synthesis ... It will help you with recovery and make you feel better quicker.

The taste is HORRENDOUS! I'm not sure who did the QA for this product. But, they must have had a peculiar taste buds to approve this. I have put a scoop of this product in a tall glass with full of water. Now this tube has 30 servings ... So this torture lasted me for 30 days ...
It did not grow on me ... I dreaded every time I had to jug this down ... My personal recommendation is to stay away from blue raspberry. I will be buying the other flavor because this pre-workout just can't be beat.

After you finished with torturing yourself this is where the product shines. I felt strong, pumped and in a mood to do some hard work. I really like how the product does what it supposed to and keep me energized and focused. I could be in the gym for a very long time before I feel fatigued. I really think this product does well all around. Citrulline will give you the pump you need, that creatine will give you the strength and beta-alanine will give you the tolerance to push for that extra rep. I really felt good at the gym while I've been taking NRG.

This product is sold at Amazon 30 servings for 23.99$. That makes it 80 cents per serving. I don't think there is a pre-workout out there with such a massive ingredient list that sells it that cheap.

Side Effects

Occasionally a nasty burp.

Conclusion

This is my personal go to product for pre-workout. It's just a no-brainer for me. You get all those ingredients for just 80 cents a day and it works. Until I find something that will really be worth to pay more for ... I will stick with this pre-workout as my number one choice ...
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Ingredient Label
  • Focus
  • BCAA Included
  • Good Pump
  • Excellent Value
  • Some Moisture
  • Horrible Taste

I'm a 39 year old recreational soccer player. Year ago I have thorn my hamstring and I couldn't get better until recently. For a year I had let the hamstring sit and have not played but after few months I went to play and it still hurt. So I started researching and seeing if there is anything out there that can help me recover from this nasty injury quicker, and I noticed ActiGin. I started looking into supplements that have ActiGin and noticed this product. I wasn't to convinced to buy it since I'm already spending a lot of money on supplements. What convinced me to purchase it was another ingredient called AstraGin. I was about to start my D-Pol and I figured that AstraGin is going to help with the absorption of Vitamin D. These two ingredients convinced me to dish out my hard earned money to buy the product ... and that's I found myself writing this review ;).

Also, I stacked this with:
D-Pol and B4GYM or NRG pre-workouts

Vasolialation Matrix: 700mg

L-Citrulline - The good old staple boy of the NO standard.
Agmatine Sulfate (AGMAPURE) - Another main ingredient for NO and many other benefits.
Gynostemma pentaphyllum Extract - Wikipedia has some good info on this ingredient. it's Antioxidant, an Adaptogen, regulates Blood pressure, assist Cardiovascular functions, helps with Cholesterol reduction, and lastly helps with Diabetes.

It seems like a very under dosed for citrulline and agmatine ... especially since I don't know how much is of what. Citrulline ideal dose is 8 grams and agmatine minimum is 500 ... so if this was just agmatine it would make it somewhat a normal dose. Since this is a booster to your pre-workout I recommend you find something that has these two ingredients so that the ingredients that will follow in this review can kick in.

GPLC Matrix: 527mg

GlycoPro - aka GPLC and it helps with NO production.
GlycoCarn - This is an interesting ingredient that supposed to work with arginine to substantially increase your nitrite oxide levels. That is why I recommend you stack it with a pre-workout that has citrulline in it. Why citrulline you ask and not arginine ... because citrulline is what your body converts to arginine ...

Absorption Matrix: 110mg

AstraGin - This will help you absorb all those nutrients mentioned above.
ActiGin - This magical ingredient should help you with inflammation and recovery
PteroPro - a patented ingredient profile that should also help with quicker absorption.

I'm guessing that AstraGin and ActaGin are 50 mg each. This is the recommended dosage by NuLiv Science. Also, 10mg is of PteroPro which is probably recommended dosage since it's ProSupps patented product.

Capsules have no taste ... but they are harder to swallow than tablets. These are not that big so nothing challenging (thank goodness). I took this (3 capsules) with my D-Pol 40 minutes prior to my workout. Ten minutes later I drank my pre-workout ...

This product is definitely doing what I bought it for. My hamstring has finally slowly started healing. I'm not sure if this is ActiGin working but I have really noticed that my aching hamstring has subsided. I also have noticed that my back does not ache like it used the next morning after the game. This product really shines in recovery. I honestly don't know if I can say that it does what it says with the NO. I do notice that when I play or I do one hour cardio I don't breathe heavy and my fatigue is not as overwhelming as before. I have read that the ingredients especially GPLC has a significant effect on your heart rate and blood lactate levels. This I can confirm with strong confidence that it does really hep. I do tend to run longer and not feel as "drained" during the end of the game as I used to.

I bought this product from Amazon for 26.99 and that comes out to 90 cents a serving. I personally believe that 27 dollars for a supplement isn't something to sneeze at but it was worth it. You might have an idea of how unbearable it is for someone that loves soccer not to be able to play. Will I continue to use this product when I'm all good ... I might, but only on the days were I'm planning to do a lot of cardio. I think this is when the product really shines so you get your return on investment. I will also add that other products that just sell ActiGin go for the same exact price so you definitely get more for the buck.

Side Effects

None to speak of.

Conclusion

Do not take this alone and think it will give you NO, It will not! This is a booster to your other supplements (pre-workout) that you should stack with. I would recommend anything that has a lot of citrulline.

This product is great for three things in my opinion ... Recovery, Fatigue and better nutrient absorption ... It will help you recover even better than what you are used to using BCAA's. If you like to run and have that really terrible fatigue in the end this product will also help you there. GPLC went trough studies and it does confirm that it helps to lower the LAC levels so that you experience less muscle tension which can also lead to muscle damage. Lastly, Actagin and PteroPro will help you absorb any ingredients from other products that you would stack this with. In my case it was D-Pol and the pre-workout ... These ingredients do help because when I took the pre-workout my Beta Alanine tingles subsided over time ... when I started stacking with this product they came back again ... so it would seem to me that I must have started absorbing more of this amino. So this is a sure way of me validating that these ingredients do in fact work.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Stamina
  • AstraGin
  • ActiGin
  • Needs To Be Stacked

Hello, I'm a 39 year old who is about to go through his mid-life crisis ... So what do I do ... HIT THE GYM! ... So i'm a year away from for-filling my dream which is a 6 pack ... I know it's there but I just need to shred the fat that is around it, so to show its beauty to the world. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to get something to help me with gaining muscles so I started turning to pre-workouts for that. I'm yet to achieve my goal but I'm definitely getting there faster with B4GYM and I'll tell you why ...

There is a lot to list ......

There is a lot to list ... so sit back because there will be a lot to read.

Strenght & Endurance Matrix :

Creatine Hydrochloride 2g - Supposedly easier on your digestive system than Creatine Monohydrate and a bit "stronger". I have read that 2 grams equals 5 grams of the latter so this could be a good dose. I personally feel like there could be more of it and it wouldn't hurt but I get my creatine somewhere else so I personally can't complain. Creatine is the most studied supplement that can assist your strength.

Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn) 2g - A little bit under dosed portion because the sweet spot is 3.2g. I do like the fact that it's CarnoSyn and not some prop blend. This will give you the tingles and help you with fatigue so you can keep on pushing.

Betaine 1.5g - It promotes protein synthesis ... so you gain muscle while reducing fat because of its crucial role to process fat. The amount in this supplement is the minimum ...

Taurine 1g - A decent dose of a second most abundant amino acid in your system. It get's depleted rather quick while working out so getting a good spike before working out probably highly recommended.

N-Acetyl L-Cysteine 600mg - NAC is converted to glutathione which acts as a powerful antioxidants in the body that helps fight free radicals. This is a good dose of this Amino.

AlphaSize Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline 150mg - Choline is overall good for your brain. Helps you stay focused and the task you about to take on. Alpha GPC is one of the more effective, and efficient, choline sources when compared with the likes of choline bitartrate.

Massive Pump Matrix:

Citrulline Malate 6g - One of the best supplement for boosting NO production. It would have been nicer if there 8 grams of this ingredient but 6g is nothing to sneeze at.

Beta vulgaris L. 500mg - It has hight nitrate content which is essential for NO.

Agmatine 500mg - A lot can be said about this supplement that you should read on if you haven't already. The dose it these pre-workout is the minimum and it would be nice to see it at 1 gram.

Recovery Matrix - BCAA's:
L- Leucine 3g
L- Isoleucine 1.5g
L-Valine 1.5g

5 g total of essenital Amino-Acids that will aid your body in protein synthesis ... It will help you with recovery and make you feel better quicker.

Laser Focus Matrix:

L-Tyrosine 1.5g - This will make you feel happy and ready to produce the volume you need to make your muscles bigger.

Caffeine Andydrous 300mg - 3 cups of coffee to bring your energy level to it's heightened point so that you will never want to stop lifting.

Huperzine A 50mcg - Do you want to feel that euphoria when you get to the gym ... well this will definitely help you get that feeling. You won't feel like you being punished but the opposite ... it will make you feel like the pain is a reward.

Absorption Amplifier:

BioPerine 5mg - Helps your body absorb all those ingredients mentioned above.

It mixes quick but you have to add a lot of water. So downing it will not be quick. I bought raspberry lemonade It doesn't taste that good I did have to struggle to drink and I wasn't looking forward to it. There is a little bit of foaming.

This product did a lot of good things for me. It did give me a lot of strength and endurance. I definitely spend a lot more time in the gym because of it. I can do a lot more for a lot longer before I get fatigued and can't go on any longer. I noticed increased strength while doing my routine I have been systematically increased weight. I think the product shines more on the focus side for me. Maybe that is where i needed it the most. I feel really rewarded while I'm at the gym ... I'm usually very happy and even though I go through extreme routine a smile never leaves me throughout that time. I think that's what helps me in being systematic and coming in at least 4 times a week.

I bought a tube of 20 servings from Amazon at the price of 34.95$ that makes it 1.75 per serving which is not all that expensive considering all the active ingredients. Although now that i checked you can buy it for 28.45 at amazon which makes it 1.42 per serving ... now I have to say that is a bargain. So if it stays at that price I would highly recommend this product to anyone, especially to the peeps that like Pre Jym workout (I had to mention it at least once).

Side Effects

Just the aftertaste and a occasional nasty burp. Also, the tube sucks because it's long so the last few scoops are a mess to get out which isn't really a problem just annoying and irritating.

Conclusion

I like this product and for the price, so I think for now it's on my top 3 list. I get everything I would need to keep myself strong, pumped and focused for a workout. That's exactly what a pre workout should be. I highly recommended it for the ingredients and the value. You should not be disappointed.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Fatigue Repellent

I am a 39 old male who is looking to cut the pains and help with getting slimmer. I bought this product mainly because it was cheap. I wanted this product to taste great so that I can drink more water while working out and doing my cardio. Also, I wanted more of BCAA to help me with the DOMS and sore muscles.

Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine - 2,500 mg
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine - 1,250 mg
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine - 1,250 mg

Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine - 2,500 mg
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine - 1,250 mg
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine - 1,250 mg

This form of bonded aminos is supposed to help your body for quicker delivery to your muscles. Is faster better? I guess, since I personally have a pre workout that also comes with aminos and after the gym I usually add protein shake to my diet. I should be getting a lot of these aminos anyways. I would assume that these faster bonding aminos can help me while I'm working out with protein catabolism. Although they could have added a bit more of this basic BCAA since my pre workout has the same exact amount. Fundamentally this means I always have extra aminos that are ready to help me go leaner and stronger. Yes, please.

Agmatine - 250 mg

I'm not sure what this dose will do for you ... I thought this was more intended for the NO and the pump ... but than again I heard a lot of good things about agmatine. Those it feel like I'm paying more for it? Nope, so I say ... Yes, please.

CLA - 1,000 mg

I honestly think that this is a good addition to someone like me ... who wants to train and loose that fat because of the slower metabolism at my age (I aslo eat like a pig but let's just blame my metabolism). This is great ... Yes, please!

Just to note you have 6,250 mg of active ingredients which leaves 3,750g unaccountable for.

My previous reviewers were questioning where the rest of the grams that are in the scoop ... I don't think all of it is Dyes although they do exist in this product. They made it sounds so terrifying but it's probably the same as any other product that has dyes. A lot of the non active grams are Oligopeptide-Enzymatic technology blend, also you have maltodextrin which is usually just basic carbs which do not hurt to have while you are working out. The dye is listed last so it is probably the least amount.

The taste of this BCAA product is actually pretty good. It has a little bit of an odd taste ... it could be because of the CLA ... I'm not sure ... I can't put my taste buds on it. Since i drink a lot of water while working out I tend to drink through halfway and add more water to keep the taste. After a while it doesn't taste so good anymore ... but the initial is actually pretty good.

I honestly am having a hard time judging these BCAA's as for as performance goes. This particular product does not really help you stay hydrated while you are working out but the agmentine and the CLA are probably giving a little bit of more energy output. I would not want to stop taking them because since I've been taking on extra my soreness and DOMS have been very small and not as intense as before. I get sore but not to the point where every step is a nightmare. I'm not sure how much more energy I'm getting out of this product because I do supplement my training with a pre-workout and d-pol. I think the most important factor for me personally is that I stay hydrated while spending two hours at the gym.

This is where the product shines ... I bought 60 servings for 35$ on Amazon. That comes out to 58 cents per serving. That is pretty cheap if you ask me.

Side Effects

The only thing that it does to me is that I drink more water so than I have to go pee more often.

Conclusion

I like this product for the value. It's not only cheap but it has a lot to offer based on the fast acting BCAA's and the CLA. Since they are so into loosing and gaining lean muscle I would have loved it if they added Carnitine with the CLA.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Above Average Taste
  • Has CLA And Agmatine
  • Dyes

Hello, I would like to review this product myself even though it already got a lot of reviews. This is one of the first products I bought based on the reviews I have read before me using this site. A little about me, I am a 39 old male who has been doing strength training for around 3 years straight. I have played soccer most of my life so pain and DOMS are nothing new to me which is why I wanted to try this product out.

A quick note about this product is that it's more of a Intra-workout than recovery in my humble opinion. Two important reasons why ... Carnitine and Electrolytes which I will go over in detail later on.

Athletic Enhancement Matrix:
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 1g

Simply put used by the body to provide more energy. What I personally like about this supplement that it helps your body get to the fat easier ... and trust me I have plenty of it.

L-Carnitine Fumarate 1g

I actually had to dig on this ... and this is what I found "tartrate tends to lean more towards hormonal support (testosterone levels) during resistance exercise, while fumarate lends more to cardiovascular support." Now this could be bro science but that's the best I can do for now.

Bottom line ... 2 grams which is the recommended standard dose of Carnitine will provide energy and help you burn fat, Yay!

Endurance Enhancement Matrix:
Citrulline Malate 500mg

Not sure what this is supposed to do for you at such low dosage ... It's primarily used as a NO supplement to help you with pumps. The minimum dosage is 6 grams so that is really below par ... but than again they might know something we don't.

Anti-Catabolic Matrix:
Whey protein hydrolysate 2.5 grams - comprised of:, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Essential Amino Acids (EAAs): L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, Amino Acids: L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Tyrosine

Nice addition of extra protein to help you just in case you are running low and you don't want your muscled to "eat" itself. Hydrolysate protein can be absorbed more rapidly so you can get it quick even when you in the middle of your workout.

Performance Enhancing Electrolyte Matrix:
Sodium Phosphate 115mg, Potassium Phosphate 85mg, Magnesium Aspartate 50mg, Calcium Aspartate 50mg

Electrolytes helps your body get the water that it so desperately needs while working out, almost identical to a bottle of Gatorade.

Mental Edge Enhancement Matrix:
Rhodiola Rosea Extract and Vinpocetine

Rhodiola is a "adaptogen" to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress. Vinpocetine supposedly helps with getting blood to your brain ...

Natural Energy/Antioxidant Matrix:
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 50mg and Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 250 mcg

Vitamins, who can say no? If your body does not need them well out the yellow drain it goes ...

This is where the product really shines. I have bought the tangy tangerine flavor and it tastes excellent. I'm going to miss it now that I am done with the product. I am in the process of trying other BCAA since I'm new to this scene but I always looked for Compete on the days I was going to play soccer.

I like this product a lot and how it helps me stay energized to do legs and cardio. This product will make you sweat a little bit more I'm thinking because of Carnitine, so be aware. I perosnally don't mind it since we all sweat at the gym, and for me it's even better because at least I know i'm doing something right. I sincerely hope that some of that sweat is carrying my fat away from my body. The is a great intra-workout product and I'm glad I have found it here and listened to my peers that mentioned it before me. This really has almost everything you would need while you are working out ... great taste, electrolytes and energry to burn that fat and help you gain that muscle.

I bought the 300 grams 50 serving tube for 37$ which is not cheap. It's not the most expensive either. I do love the fact that i get so much out of it and it's not just BCAA. I think if you just look at the price than yes you will find something cheaper out there ... but if you want to look at value than this product might actually stand out ...

Side Effects

You will sweat ... but that is about all the negative things I can say about the product.

Conclusion

Honestly I landed on this site because I was looking for something that will help me out while working out and prevent the sourness I usually get afterwards. I read most of the reviews before I purchased it and wondered if the hype is true. Honestly it is ... at least for me ... So I'm going to be a lemming and follow the crowd .... no shame in that if the product does what most said it will ... Honestly I'm also relieved that most of the reviews were true and honest ... and now I'm a believer myself.

The end :P
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Sound Ingredient Profile
  • Promotes Endurance & Recovery
  • Fat Buster
  • Hangover Killer
  • Dyes May Be An Issue For Some People
  • Expensive If You Use Two Scoops
  • Did Not Help With The Heat

My first Pre-workout product that I used in my 3 years strength training. Being uninformed at the time I was apprehensive to use creatine so I went with this product as a starting point.

Volt Performance Matrix 2.3g
Beta Alanine, L-Citrulline, Agmatine Sulfate

- VERY under dosed ... I think you would like to give this to your girlfriend who doesn't want to build muscle but last long enough as you do in the gym ... You do get the tingles from the Beta Alanine so i would assume there is at least 2 grams of that ...

Cirtulline you wil...

Volt Performance Matrix 2.3g
Beta Alanine, L-Citrulline, Agmatine Sulfate

Cirtulline you will need at the minimum 6 grams and Agmatine at the minimum 500 milligrams to have some affect on your body. Here you get I would estimate of 300 milligrams for both.

Creatine-Free substitute for someone who is starting or wants to cycle of Creatine for a while. (if you take 5g a day of creatine you don't need to cycle just fyi)

Electric Energy Blend 206mg
Caffeine Anhydrous, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Rauwolfia Root extract

Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract - it is a "adaptogen" to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress

Rauwolfia Root extract - Relaxes you

Olive Leaf Extract - I don't really understand the addition ... After further reading about the ingredient, it will help you with your blood pressure, kidneys and digestive function.

Not much caffeine ... which is good or bad depending on you and what you need .... I'm thinking your prob getting 200 mg of caffeine from this product ... which is low but good enough to get you going. Again I would recommend this to someone who just wants a little boost but nothing overwhelming.

It seems that all these products are trying to get you to last longer (haha) in the gym. What I don't really like is that it does not tell you how much you get of what ... so the dosing of other two ingredients (Citrulline and Agmatine) might be very low compared to others.

The taste is good one of the better pre workouts I have tasted, mixes well, I take 1 scoop and a half at a time 20 minutes before working out. I do notice some brown stuff in the mix most of the time ... I have attached a photo of it. You be the judge.

10 -15 minutes i feel tingling sensation throughout my head ... I know this product works well because when I did my legs I had stamina to do cardio after which has never happened to me before. So the ingredients do help you to last longer and that I can say with all honesty. It will not help you gain strength but it will make you do more reps before you feel the burn. There isn't much there to help you stay focused are positive either.

When I purchased this product it was rather inexpensive ... Right now it's 27$ for fruit punch so still inexpensive compared to others. For the ingredient profile I think it's a bit on the expensive side since you really don't get that much for the money. I don't think it's the most inexpensive product you can get out there.

----Side Effects---

The tingling sensation, but that is normal and expected from Beta Alanine. I feel it around my eyes and ears and my girlfriends says she feels it on her legs. What i don't like about this product is the dye. I splashed some on my counter and it was really hard to wash off.

Conclusion

Ok product for the money. It's main market is for people who want a Creatine free product with low caffeine. It does help you go a bit longer than usual. It's very mellow compared to other pre workouts and it might work for someone that does not want to feel the muscle burn after doing large amount of reps but not much else.
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Insane Beta Alanine Tingles!!!
  • No Focus
  • Underdosed
  • Dye

Hello I'm a gym enthusiast who has been working out for 3 years. I have been playing soccer most of my life so I consider myself and active person. I have take protein for the past 3 years since I started working out and have been reading a lot on protein since then.

25G COMPLETE PROTEIN COMPLEX -

Multi-Stage 5 Protein Blend of fast, medium and slow release proteins. This means that your body is going to get fed for a long period of time.

5G GLUTAMINE + 5G BCAA / SERVING

This is a fantastic combination if you are going to drink this be...

25G COMPLETE PROTEIN COMPLEX -

5G GLUTAMINE + 5G BCAA / SERVING

This is a fantastic combination if you are going to drink this before bed. It will provide your muscles with the protein to regenerate plus Glutamine that you will need after a intense workout. There is a whole article on this in this website I recommend you read over. BCAA will help you recover quicker too. This is all standard stuff ... Although they add the Glutamine as extra the BCAA comes with the protein.

I mix this with milk ... and I love peanut butter ... so for obvious reasons i picked the chocolate peanut butter flavor. I do have to shake it for a bit for the powder to resolve but it's worth it ... and you get a workout just doing it ;) I do really like the taste of this blend.

Like all Blends this product does what it's supposed to do. Feed your body protein throughout give or take 8 hours and than provide some Glutamine and BCAA to help you with recovery.

Right now you can by 2lb of Chocolate Peanut butter for $34.98($17.49/Pound) it's not bad, there are cheaper out there. If you buy a 4lb (49 servings) of this stuff you will pay $53.97 ($13.49 / Pound) that's a lot better and more competitive with the others. Although, If you compare it with the blend that is currently on top at this moment you get 5 grams per scoop less and it's a bit more expensive. They do add the Glutamine blend but they do not mention anything about the BCAA so the number you see in the advertisement comes off naturally from the protein, no bargain there :(.

Side Effects

I have not noticed any or I might just be used to taking protein. You might burp a little if you drink it to fast because it's that good. Obviously if you mix it with milk like I do before bed you should warn your significant other that the bed will be warmer at night :).

Conclusion

I really like this product so far for its taste ... the price for 4lb is ok but I feel like there are better bargains out there. If you love Peanut butter flavor I really did enjoy the taste. I don't think personally I will be purchasing this product again since I'm very into getting the most for the money and this is product is very average price per value.
 Cons:
  • Good
  • Good Recovery
  • Great Tasting