bte2

• Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Try Requests

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. bte2 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 293 days.

Reviews by bte2

I received a tub of BPI's Best BCAAs from a friend of mine who worked as a rep for BPI, but it sat on my shelf for a few weeks. Not really sure why, but I never got around to taking it. At the time I was taking Mesomorph pre workout and AST VP2 protein and was seeing great results, but when I ran out of protein I was starting to get incredibly sore after workouts. I didn't really have the money to get more protein at the time so I decided to start taking the BCAAs mostly to aid in recovery from my workouts.

The key ingredients in BPI's Best ...

The key ingredients in BPI's Best BCAA are as follows:
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Leucine) 2.5g
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Isoleucine) 1.25g
Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Glycyl-Alanyl-Lysine-L-Valine) 1.25g
-Notice the branch chain amino acids listed above are in the form of oligiopeptides. The purpose of using this form is that it increases the body's absorption rate of the BCAAs, thus raising the bioavailability.
Agmatine (as Oligiopeptide-Enzymatic Technology Agmatine Sulfate) 250mg
-Amatine sulfate accelerates the nitric oxide pathway for the purpose of supplying muscles with necessary nutrients.

The BCAA also includes a 1g proprietary blend that they call the CLA MATRIX. It includes:
Safflower Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil and CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)
-CLA acts in a way similar to fatty acids in fish oils, acting to metabolize stubborn fat on the body.

The flavor I received was Green Fusion. On the tub there are apples and pears depicted, but the flavor was much, much heavier on the green apple taste. I actually didn't mind though, I'm a big fan of green apple tastes so I thought it tasted amazing. I have tried the Passion Fruit flavor since and did not care for it as much. It was decent upon my first taste, but the more I drank it the more I disliked it. The Passion Fruit left a much stronger aftertaste which I found annoying. The Green Fusion flavor is much sweeter than the Passion Fruit though, so if you're not big on sweet things then I would suggest steering clear from the Green Fusion.
I thought the BCAA's mixed incredibly well. I assume that's due to the water soluble properties of the oligiopeptides. I usually mixed a single scoop of BCAA with 10 oz water and drank it throughout my workout like gatorade.

I wouldn't say that the BCAA's intensified the pump I was getting from my pre workout at all, but it did help me maintain higher energy levels longer into my workouts. I was experiencing pretty hard crashes from the pre workout prior to starting the BCAAs, and I think the BCAAs helped minimize the severity of the crash. In the time that I was taking them I did experience some strength gains, but while supplementing with a pre workout and increasing my diet intake (because I had no protein supplement) I can't attribute those gains to the BCAAs specifically.
The one category where I felt the BCAAs were lacking was in recovery. Since I was getting real sore after my workouts before taking the BCAAs (because the lack of protein) it was really easy for me to judge the recovery effectiveness of the BPI Best BCAA. During my workouts, I believe the BCAAs helped delay the onset of muscle fatigue because like I said, I was able to get deeper into my workouts without getting drained. However, I would have to say that the post-workout recovery benefits were very slight if anything at all. I was still getting incredibly sore after my workouts, so the BCAAs didn't really deliver in that respect.

This BCAA is sold in two sizes, 30 servings and 60 servings. Amazon has the best prices on this specific BCAA from what I've seen. You can buy the 30 serving tub for $19 and the 60 serving for $31. These come out to $0.63/serving and $0.52/serving respectively. Across the board I'd say that these prices are good compared to most BCAAs out there. Certainly not expensive compared to some others.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any notable side effects during the 4 weeks I took this product.

Conclusion

Although I really enjoy the taste and was happy with the increased energy I received during my workouts, I believe that recovery is a very key component to a good BCAA and for that reason I have to give this product a lower rating than I would have liked to. The price is very reasonable, but I would've been happier paying more for a product that aided more in recovery. If you're looking for a more of a BCAA that provides additional energy during workouts and minimizes the effects of a pre workout crash, then this would be a good product for you.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Above Average Taste
  • Minimizes Crash
  • Sub Par Recovery

The time came around for me to get a new pre workout, I wanted something to give an extra boost to give me the most out of my workouts. I'd had several BPI products before (protein, BCAA and fat burners) and got great results out of them. That being said, I thought I'd give their 1MR pre workout a shot, considering its very reasonable price tag.

Thiamin (135mg)

Niacin (25mg)
-In the body niacin, or B3, is also a catalyst for convertin...

Thiamin (135mg)

Niacin (25mg)
-In the body niacin, or B3, is also a catalyst for converting food into fuel. Both thiamin and niacin increase your metabolism rate (so your body burns more calories on its own) to supply you with more energy.

Unfortunately the rest of the ingredients are packed into a 5,558mg proprietary blend of: Beta-Alanine, L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Taurine, Creatine (as Creatine Monohydrate), Caffeine Anhydrous, L-Tyrosine, Paulinia seed, Yerba mate leaf, Kigelia africana root, Citrus sinensis, Psoralea corylifolia seed, Adhatoda vasica leaf, Zingiber officinale root, Schisandra chinensis (fruit), Visnea mocanera leaf and Vitis vinifera seed. Because its a prop. lend, the amounts of the ingredients are undefined but I did a bit of digging and apparently the amount of caffeine is around 200mg. That pretty low compared to most pre workouts out there.

I'e had both the snow cone flavor and watermelon, and can't decide which one I disliked more. I think part of the reason why I didn't enjoy the taste at all was due to the mixability, so I'll get into detail about that. I normally prefer to mix my preworkouts with only ~4oz of water to get a real strong and intense taste to wake me up, but with that little water this product did not mix well at all. You'd think adding more water would solve the problem but even at 10 oz of water and a single scoop, the stuff still wouldn't entirely mix!! And it was weird because in my experience, when a pre workout doesn't mix well, the undissolved powder normally sinks and sits at the bottom...but not this one. Yes some of the undissolved powder did fall to the bottom, but a lot of it would just sit at the top of the drink which made it impossible to avoid the grainy powder with any sip I took. I found this extremely frustrating as it made the flavor much worse in my opinion. I never quite found a way around the mixability issue with 1MR. As for dosing, I began by taking 1 scoop, but eventually began taking 2 in an attempts to get more out of the product. This caused me to fill up on water before my workouts due to the amount that was needed to dissolve the product.

To be honest, I didn't get nearly as much out of this product as I was expecting to. I would wait and wait for a pump to kick in but it would never hit. I never got tingles from the beta alanine and was disappointed at how little of an effect the caffeine supplied. Because I didn't really get that drive from the product, my focus wasn't really all there during my workouts either. It made it hard for me to stay motivated and really make the most use out of my workouts as a result. I fell into a bit of a plateau in the 4 weeks that I was on it. I did gain 1 lb, but that could have just been attributed to water weight from the creatine monohydrate which is water retentive since I didn't witness any strength gains or increase in my numbers. One positive though, I didn't experience a crash from the 1MR in the time that I took it.

The pricing on BPI's 1MR is very low compared to other pre workouts on the market. You can find it some places for just under $20, and as cheap as $13 on Amazon. At 28 servings that comes out to $0.46 per serving. That's far better in terms of $/serving compared to most other pre workouts out there.

Yes, the price is very very good, but note that could a red flag indicator of the product quality.

Side Effects

As I stated before, I never got the jitters or a crash of any sort from the 1MR so that's a plus. It did however upset my stomach pretty bad on occasion, certainly more so when I increased the dosage to more than one scoop. This could in part due to the high volume of water that I had to consume to get the 1MR down, but I did get some bowel issues as well. Had me on the toilet pretty frequently which was annoying.

Conclusion

Overall, I didn't get as much out of the 1MR as I was hoping to - I'd say BPI dropped the ball on this one. Unless they come out with something new that seems to deliver more, I think I'lll just stick to BPI's proteins and BCAAs from here on out and steer clear of their pre workouts. Can't say I would recommend this product to others out there. Hope you found my experience helpful!
  • Makes My Stomache Hurt
  • Digestion Issues
  • Lack Of Pump

A friend of mine used to be a rep for BPI and asked if I was interested in giving RoxyLean a run, being a part of the company's new product line. At the time I had just come off of a pretty successful bulking phase and I was looking to lean out some, so the timing seemed to be just right. Knowing BPI is a pretty reputable company and that I'd have to pay to get something like this somewhere else when I could just bum free samples off my good friend, I decided to give it a go. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it is a thermogenic that claims to burn fat by increasing your metabolic rate, regulate appetite and provide energy/focus throughout the day.

Thiamin (185mg)
-Also known as Vitamin B1, Thiamin helps convert carbohydrates into glucose for the body to use as energy. In addition to carbs, B1 also helps the body metabolize fats and proteins.

Niacin (30mg)
-In the body niacin, or B3, is also a catalyst for converting food into fuel. In this product the purpose of it would be to increase your metabolism rate (so your body burns more calories on its own) and to supply you with more energy like Thiamin. You'll find that these two are a fairly common ingredients listed in many weight loss products.

Now unfortunately RoxyLean does come with a loaded 510mg proprietary blend. The contents are as listed: Caffeine Anhydrous, Leon, Adhatoda (leaf), Yohimbe, Goldenseal(root), Salicin (root), Scutellaria baicalensis (root) and Rauwolfia (root). Because its a prop. blend the amounts of each are not listed individually, but BPI does claim that RoxyLean has as much caffeine as 3 cups of coffee.

B vitamins are also known to play an important role in immune function, especially when the body is under stress. That being said, its good to see thiamin and niacin in here because taking in that much caffeine every day can be stressful on the body.

The recommended dose is one 725mg pill daily, and please believe me when I say YOU DO NOT NEED ANY MORE THAN ONE PILL A DAY. I'll get more into why in the effectiveness/side effect categories. But each pill is powder encompassed by a gel coating, I suppose you could cut it open and mix the powder with a drink of your choice if you want to avoid taking the full dosage. I didn't bother, so I can'y speak on the mixability potential. Be warned though, the pill itself does taste/smell awful. Doesn't necessarily leave a gross lingering taste in your mouth, but I'll say that you'll want to get it down the hatch quickly.

So there are two things that RoxyLean claims to do: One is that it promotes weight loss and the second is that it boosts energy levels. Ill go over the effectiveness of the product in each respect.

As for the immediate effects contributing to weight loss, I did notice that my appetite was suppressed when I took the product. Normally I'm starving by the time noon rolls around, but with RoxyLean there were days I'd push my lunch break back to 2:00 no problem. So if you're trying to take a shortcut to pack on lean muscle fast by bulking and taking RoxyLean at the same time to "trim away the fat", trust me you're not gonna be able to eat like you plan to.
As for long term effectiveness, I took the product almost every day for 4 weeks and lost a total of 5 lbs in that time. I apologize that I don't have numbers for you, but I (and others) could tell that my body fat % had noticeably decreased. Very happy with the results

I gotta say I underestimated the energy boosting ability of RoxyLean the first time I took it. 30 minutes after taking it I was halfway through my morning coffee when it hit and WOW the jitters were real. Idiot me didn't realize there was already three coffees worth of caffeine in one pill. So, I gotta say the energy was definitely there. Kept me alert and focused throughout the day and really helped keep me from falling asleep in my classes lol. My overall productivity during the day certainly went up while on RoxyLean. I wasn't as drowsy/sleepy even after my workouts which was a plus. I have a pretty busy schedule most days of the week which can be pretty draining, so I was really happy with the boost of energy RoxyLean gave me. Best part was that I never really experienced a crash with it either. Don't know how that's possible with how much caffeine is packed in there but I wasn't gonna complain.

You can find RoxyLean on most sites retailing at $30.00 for 60 pills. At $0.50 per pill I'd say that's a pretty good value considering you'd have to pay 4-6x more for a Starbuck's coffee. So pushing the fat trimming ability claims aside, its a good deal for an energy boost if nothing else lol

Side Effects

If you have a low caffeine tolerance, this probably is not the product for you. Mine's pretty high and I even got the jitters from it on occasion. When coffee or pre workout is taken within 8 hours or so of consuming RoxyLean or if the RoxyLean is taken on an empty stomach, I'd say you're guaranteed to get the jitters pretty bad. Keep in mind that caffeine is a diuretic, and with the amount that is in RoxyLean dehydration could be a potential side effect for some. Personally I didn't experience dehydration, but I was very conscious about my water intake while on the product. A lot of people won't care about this next side effect but for those of you concerned about looking pretty in the gym, RoxyLean WILL make you sweat a lot more. At least that's what I experienced. I suspect that the increased sweat can be attributed to the boost in metabolic rate from the product. Now for the side effect that really bugged me. RoxyLean caused some digestion issues for me since day 1. Had me running to the bathroom more frequently and most of the time wasn't very pleasant. I think that's about as far as I need to go there. The last warning I have about the RoxyLean is that it should always be taken in the morning. If taken later in the day it'll keep you up all night. (Could also be a good thing if you have lots of work/studying and need to pull all-nighters like myself...)

Conclusion

Overall, I was pretty impressed with RoxyLean. Because I stay up very late working most nights, I was especially thrilled about the energy boost I was getting out of it, mostly because I didn't realize to what extent it would hit. However, this product is not ideal for everyone out there. If you have a low caffeine tolerance or suffer from anxiety, RoxyLean coud put you in a very uncomfortable spot for hours on end. Also, I think it's important to note the side effects again in the conclusion. While some of the side effects can be circumvented one way or another, the many of them (especially the bowel issues) made it very hard for me to continue the product daily as BPI recommends. All in all the results were good, just had to pay a bit of a price along the way.
  • Decrease In Body Fat
  • No Crash
  • Jitters
  • Bad Digestion
  • Increased Sweating
  • Restlessness

I had been using the same protein for a while and wanted to mix things up a bit and try something new. I was looking to gain mass as well as strength, heavy lifting 5-6 days a week and wanted to make sure I was getting something that would ensure speedy recovery between workouts. A friend of mine recommended AST VP2 to me, saying that he experienced positive results while taking it so I decided to give it a shot.

AST VP2 has a protein blend of Hydrolyzed and Non-Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate. Some people feel like they get less bloated while taking Hydrolyzed protein - I personally don't notice a huge difference between hydrolyzed and non-hydrolyzed, but I wouldn't say I felt bloated while taking VP2. It also contains milk specific growth factors beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, immunoglobulin, proteose-peptone, and glycomacropeptides (GMP). VP2 also has Aminogen digestive enzymes that help increase the breakdown and absorption of the supplied protein. In addition to these ingredients, the product does include artificial sweeteners for taste. All in all, a pretty solid lineup of well-designed ingredients.

The taste was excellent. I got the Cookies n' Cream flavor and had no complaints with it. They do offer a pretty wide variety of 7 flavors but I can't speak on any of the others yet. I think I'll give the Double Rich Chocolate a go next.
A full scoop mixes decent with about 6 oz. of water and 8 oz. of milk depending on which you prefer. Less than those amounts won't necessarily result in clumping, but if you'e using a blender bottle you'll run into issues with the shake foaming up. Sometimes I had to let the shake sit for a few minutes until the foaming subsided but other than that foaming. Even after that the consistency was a little foamy but I didn't mind because I thoroughly enjoyed the taste.
The recommended serving size of 1 scoop is 28g total and contains 23g of protein. I just stuck to that dose for the duration of my time supplementing AST VP2, taking one full scoop with either water or milk immediately following my workouts.

Personally, I noticed great results while taking the VP2. The tub lasted me about 6-7 weeks and over the course of that time I was able to tack on nearly 5 lbs of lean mass. I didn't make any serious changes to my diet and had been at a plateau for a month or two prior to taking the VP2, so I'd have to credit the product and say that it helped me get where I wanted to be. For most of that 6 week period I was also taking Mesomorph pre-workout. If you don't know of it, its a great pump and the intensity and quality of my lifts were improving I believe due to it. And despite the rise in intensity of my workouts, I wasn't getting all that sore day-today as I was expecting. From what I could tell, the VP2 was great for muscle recovery and allowed me to keep training hard with heavy weight 5-6 days a week. By the end of the 6 weeks my numbers had gone up so overall I'd say I was real happy with the effectiveness of it.

The price seems to vary from place to place, but I purchased my tub online for just over $30. I am seeing now though that you can get it for around $25 from other sites. If we call the retail price $30 at 32 servings that comes out to $0.93 per serving. Not the best but not the worst deal out there you can find. You can usually save more when you buy a larger tub but unfortunately the VP2 only comes in the 2lb quantity. Also something to note, if you buy it in store you can expect to pay more.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any noticeable side effects with VP2. Unlike some proteins I've tried I wasn't gasy or left with bad breath after drinking it so I'd say there's really not much (if anything at all) to expect from this as far as side effects go.

Conclusion

Other than the fact that the consistency was a tad foamy and they only sell in one quantity, I really have no complaints on VP2. I enjoyed the flavor and noticed awesome results at a fairly decent price so I'd have to say that I was very impressed with the product overall. I would absolutely recommend it and certainly see myself purchasing again in the near future. If I do go with another flavor I'll be sure to update y'all on the taste.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Phenomenal Recovery
  • Taste Great
  • No Side Effects
  • Wide Variety Of Flavors
  • Increased Strength
  • Digests Easily
  • Only Available In One Size
  • Foamy Consistency

After riding out a bit of a plateau, I was looking for something that would give me that extra edge in the weight room to really get me going again. I wanted something intense and was recommended APS's Mesomorph, so I decided to give it a shot!

The ingredients of Mesomorph are broken down into 3 proprietary blends that intend to serve different functions.
1. Synthenox-Carnosine/Beta Alanine Complex (6,500 mg)

1. Synthenox-Carnosine/Beta Alanine Complex (6,500 mg)
-This "fatigue fighter" component of the pre-workout is a blend of Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate and Arginine AKG. With 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine I absolutely experienced tingling well into the later stages of my workouts.
2. Mesoswell-Cell Volumizing ATP Matrix (4500 mg)
-Mix of Di-Creatine Malate, Taurine, Creatine Nitrate, Ascorbic Acid, Creatinol-O-Phosphate and Agmatine Sulfate. Note that it does not contain Creatine Monohydrate like lots of other pre workouts. Creatine monohydrate is extremely water retentive so if you're afraid that you bloat or cramp up easily, the Creatine Nitrate in Mesomorph should serve as a better alternative for you.
3. Neuromorph-Neuro Energized Stimulant Matrix (1,870 mg)
-Composed of Glucuronolactone, Caffeine Anhydrous, Theobromine, Naringin, and Geranaburn. 300 mg of Caffeine Anhydrous is a pretty hefty amount. I was happy to find this out as I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance.

In my experience, Mesomorph is far better in terms of mixability than most other products on the market. And I'm not one to drown my pre-workout in water, I prefer only about 4 oz. for a real potent cocktail that'll wake me up on my way to the gym. But even with as little as 4 oz. of water, the whole 15.5g scoop had no issues with mixing.
As far as taste goes, I had the watermelon flavor and it really exceeded my expectations. Like I said I prefer a strong taste, but add a bit more than 4 oz. of water you'll have yourself a pretty tasty mix. I'd go as far as saying that I actually enjoyed the taste. Can't speak on the other flavors but they do have a wide variety of nine flavors.
I began by following the recommended dosage of 1 scoop (15.5g) 30 minutes prior to working out when I started on the product, but I did build up a resistance to it and was taking 1.5 scoops halfway through my third week. For your personal reference, I sit at 200 lbs myself.

WOW. Mesomorph gave me exactly what I was looking for; that extra drive to really get you amped to get in the gym and toss weights around like nothing. The intensity, energy and focus were all there. Now, beware I did get what a lot of people describe as a tingling sensation all over my skin with the mesomorph. I actually like that "popping out of your own skin" feeling, but I know a good amount of people find it very uncomfortable. For those of you who fall under that category, I wouldn't describe the tingling (which I experienced from the recommended 1 scoop dosage) as overbearing, but I would certainly classify it as slightly more than mild. Mesomorph contains 3.2g of Beta Alanine which is more than a lot of mainstream pre-workouts, which explains the extent of the sensation.

My workouts typically last 90-120 minutes, 5-6 days a week, and mainly consist of heavy free weight exercises like bench, squats, deads, etc. Mesomorph gave me the focus to get through my entire workouts, I would say mentally it was just what I was looking for. Before the mesomorph I would fumble around on my phone between sets and waste my time chit chatting. While on it, my time between sets was spent focusing on the next one and getting ready to crush it. As far as focus goes, its all there.

After about 3 weeks, I did notice a decrease in terms of intensity and energy with the same 1 scoop dosage. The mesomorph wasn't hitting me with the that same pump that it used to, so that when I decided to up the dosage. I did notice a slight decline in my focus as well, but I believe that issue rooted from the lack of energy and intensity that I was no longer receiving with my increased tolerance. After upping my dosage I quickly began experiencing a number of side effects which I will get into later in this review.

A 25 serving supply of Mesomorph retails at $34.99 on most sites without a discount. That comes out to $1.40/scoop. Not the best but certainly not the worst deal on the market. Runs about middle of the road in comparison with other products.

Side Effects

When I was taking one scoop per workout I didn't notice any notable side effects, but when I raised the dosage I immediately experienced a few. With 1.5 scoops my workouts started out the same as before with the same focus and energy, but about an hour into my workouts I would get hit with nausea and my workout would go out the window. Along with the nausea I also experienced bowel irritation and the combination of the two made it almost impossible to maintain that intense focus and drive. Post-workout I would crash hard once I got home too. I felt extremely exhausted even though I'd only get halfway through my lift before having to call it a day. If you're one who works out in the morning like myself, this made it extremely difficult to get work done and stay active through the day after the gym. I consistently experienced these symptoms for almost 2 weeks before I couldn't handle it anymore and had to call it quits on the product. I tried going back to only 1 scoop per serving, but I was no longer getting the intensity that I desired because of my tolerance build up.

Conclusion

All in all, Mesomorph is a solid product if you're looking for something with high intensity to give you that edge in the gym to get an extra rep or reach a new goal. I was able to gain strength and tack on 2 lbs of lean mass in the 3-4 weeks I was taking the product. Extremely effective through the first couple weeks of use, however, after increasing the dosage to compensate for the tolerance build up I was not able to get the same pump I originally had without facing the consequences of the side effects. I would recommend starting with a 1/2 or 3/4 scoop so that your tolerance doesn't rise as quickly.

1. How did you find out about SR?
-I have been using SR for years to research products before purchasing. I had just never made an account until now!

2. What prompted you to write this review?
-Looking back on products that I have used, Mesomorph sticks out to me as one of the most effective, if not the most effective pre workouts I have ever used. I know that I really appreciate an honest and unbiased review of a supplement that I am considering, the good and the bad. That being said, I wanted to pass on my honest opinion about Mesomorph for any potential buyers out there who are looking for some feedback on it.

3. What are your fitness goals?
-I am just now back in the gym after having to take 8 weeks off due to a shoulder injury. As of now I am looking to bulk and gain the mass/strength back that I lost during that time.

4. What other products are you planning to review?
- There are a number of products that I am considering reviewing. GAT Nitraflex, MTS Clash, Metabolic Nutrition's CGP Creatine, GNC HMB, and I can write a review for just about any BPI product. My girlfriend is a BPI rep and supplies me with everything she gets her hands on.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Drinkable
  • Extreme Mental And Physical Activity
  • Aggressive
  • Crash
  • Some Nausea