brenth6112

Reviews by brenth6112

6.3
  March 10, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased HardLean Muscle
  • Vascularity
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Improved Libido
  • High Cost
  • No Noticeable Estrogen Control

Good afternoon SR. Up for review is Myokem's "high performance hormone modulator", Alphadex. Myokem claims that Alphadex controls estrogen, increases hard, lean muscle, and increases strength. Who wouldn't want to try this, especially coming from a company that has proven it is serious and has dished out several top notch supplements. I would like to thank Myokem once again to send their stuff out to be reviewed.

Serving Size- 1 capsule
Servings per Container- 56

Alphadex Estro-Control Matrix- 455mg
Safflower seed extract(std min 10% Trach...

Serving Size- 1 capsule
Servings per Container- 56

Alphadex Estro-Control Matrix- 455mg
Safflower seed extract(std min 10% Tracheloside)
Brassiopsis glomerulata extract(20:1)
Garcinia mangostana extract(std. min. 9% Gamma Mangostin)
Acacetin
Black Pepper Extract(std. min. 98% piperine)

Yeah. Myokem's website will tell you what this stuff is. Myokem's products like to have some foreign ingredients. They like to be innovative and use some strange combinations. They do a good job of explaining it and breaking it down. I'm honestly not sure what to make of it. I think this approach will need more trials and some more exposure to really pinpoint the effectiveness of each specific ingredient.

The capsules are reasonably sized and easy to consume. No burps or any other issues. I followed the dosing on the label which was 1 cap in the morning and one cap in the evening with food. Easy peasy.

That combination of ingredients actually provided to good results. My strength increased steadily as it should but the fun part was the tone and dryness it gave to my physique. I appeared much more vascular and my muscles just had more "pop" in them. It's like any excess flab around them was removed. They had much more of a grainy appearance. I also had more of an overall "alpha" feeling in the gym as well as outside of the gym. It added a nice element to my training where I just seemed more confident and energized.

As with other products that are known to control estrogen, I was expecting to experience some dry joints but I really never got that. I was paying attention to it during the run but I only really dealt with my normal amount of joint pain that goes away after time or a little treatment. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Good thing because I don't really want my joints to hurt but bad cause Im not sure how much my estrogen was being controlled. It is also worth noting that libido was increased a little. Nothing crazy, but noticeable nonetheless.

Im curious to see how this would react with a stack of something like a Magnitropin or a high end natty test booster.

Simply just not a very good value here. Im not sure how much the ingredients cost but for what looks like a minimum of low to mid 40's for a bottle, it's hard to justify buying it for the results it gave. If you need to control estrogen after coming off a PH run or something like that then it may be of more value but it you are a typical supplement user then it's going to be hard to find a reason to buy this over another "growth enhancer" that could be less than 30 dollars.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

So, as the title states, this was an enjoyable run. I like the innovation brought by Myokem and I would always love to try something new. I would like to see the price get worked down to somewhere in the 30's if possible though. That would allow more users to use it and for more feedback to be brought about to see how the ingredient profile works. IF you have the extra cash on hand and are looking for some added training intensity, leaning, and libido, I would recommend you find the best price you can and see for yourself.

March 2, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nice Appetite Suppression
  • Consistent Results
  • Sound Profile

Good evening SR. Next up for review is the "advanced thermolipolytic & focal catalyst" by Purus Labs, TheaTrim. A big thanks goes out to the people at Purus for sending out a few bottles for the ER team. I'm always excited to try anything from them and this was no different.

----Ingredient Profile--

----Ingredient Profile--
    The meat and potatoes of the profile lies within an InstEnergy Rapid Absorption Excitatory Blend. This 278mg blend is comprised of Infinergy Dicaffeine Malate, TeaCrine Nature-Identical Theacrine, and Caffeine. The rest of the ingredients are fully disclosed which is a big plus for me and many others. I like it.

The pills were medium sized and gel coated and were very easy to swallow. No burps or anything like that to note. Comes with 60 pills that you can dose to your liking. The warning label advises to not take more than 4 pills a day. I dosed at mostly 2 pills and sometimes 3.

The main effect I received was a nice dose of energy at 2 pills. About the boost I would get from a Monster. I dosed in the morning to avoid sleeplessness and to provide a nice boost to start the day. It was the only stims I would take in the morning. No energy drinks and no coffee. The energy would last till about lunch time with no signs of a crash. It would simply wear off. With 3 pills the energy was really good and would last a tad bit longer.

Accompanied by the energy was a slight increase in focus and a clear mind. That was probably just from the fact that I had the energy to think clearly. At 3 pills the focus and clarity were much more noticeable and very enjoyable

I was able to manage by food intake quite well. Urges during the day and at night were tamed and I was able to get an appropriate amount of food without any unnecessary junk. I enjoyed that it didnt completely zap any hunger but rather just the urge to overeat.

As far as a thermo, I would say it's mild at best. At 2 pills the was an increase in body temp but not to the point of increased sweating but rather a warm feeling. At 3 pills I would get some armpit sweat and sometimes a some sweaty palms.

You can find a bottle of Theatrim from about 25-30 dollars. Value is in the eye of the beholder but compared to like products this is a very competitive price and with the proven record of Purus, you can trust that you are getting a quality product. 1 pill a day will last 60 days, 2 pills for 30 days, and 3 pills for 20 days.

Side Effects

I really had no side effects. No anxiety, nausea, sleeplessness, or increased heart rate. Everything was smooth.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed my run with TheaTrim. It seemed to have all the good you would want from a thermo. If you are looking for the strongest thermo ever then you may have to look elsewhere but if you're looking for consistent energy, a mild increase in focus, clarity, appetite suppression, and thermo then look no further. The profile includes both proven ingredients and the boldness of using an innovative ingredient with Teacrine. At 25-30 bucks for about a month, I would recommend you pick this up and give it a go sometime.

February 5, 2015

• Great Focus
    • Good Endurance
    • Tastes Good
    • Easy To Find
    • Full Disclosure
    • Perhaps Too Much Caffeine
    • Pump Was Meh

What's up SR. Up for review today is a preworkout made by Double Dragon Labs called Juiced. I had never heard of the company before this opportunity ans was very curious to see what they were bringing to the table. Juiced isn't really innovative or different. Just about what you would expect to see. Thanks Double Dragon Labs for sending this out!!

Serving Size- 1 Scoop(5.5g)
    Servings Per Container- 30

Creatine Monohydrate- 1500mg
    Beta Alanine- 1500mg
    Agmatine Sulfate- 500mg
    Caffeine- 300mg
    Higenamine HCl- 15mg
    Alpha Yohimbine- 2mg

Yeah, th...

Serving Size- 1 Scoop(5.5g)
    Servings Per Container- 30

Creatine Monohydrate- 1500mg
    Beta Alanine- 1500mg
    Agmatine Sulfate- 500mg
    Caffeine- 300mg
    Higenamine HCl- 15mg
    Alpha Yohimbine- 2mg

Yeah, that's it. Pretty sweet huh? I mean what more do you really need. A fully disclosed label with proven goods. I would rather see them lose the creatine, and add more beta alanine and maybe more agmatine. Either that or drop the caffeine from 300mg to somewhere in the 150-200mg range. It would just make the dosing more versatile.

Lemon Lime was ok. A little too intense and not as enjoyable as it could've been. It was manageable though. Fruit Punch was great. I just wish more companies would be willing to experiment a little with the flavoring. Mixing was perfect which made it very easy to drink. I dosed it either on the way to the gym or right before warmups.

Overall, Juiced did everything I want a preworkout to do and that's drown out all life distractions and give me the energy to get through tough workouts. It was very consistent and I was able to count on being able to take it and now it was going to kick in and help me put in some good training. I had some decent pumps on the higher rep days but this is a very small part of my training. It started working quickly too. So to summarize that, the focus and energy were great, the endurance was good, and the pump was ok.

The price range is run of the mill sitting at around 30 bucks for 30 servings. It performs well at a scoop even though I went with 1.5 scoops most of the time. It's readily available and easy to get.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All in all I enjoyed the entire run of Juiced. It was a reliable and effective product from start to finish. It was enjoyable to drink, especially the fruit punch. It's not going to cost you an arm and a leg. It has a fully disclosed label with effective ingredients. I recommend you give this preworkout by Double Dragon Labs a try sometime.

January 31, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Consistent
    • Easy To Find
    • Increased Focus
    • Tastes Ok
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Well Rounded
    • Weak Pumps
    • Doesnt Completely Mix

Hello SR world. The product up for review today is Max Out from iForce Nutrition. Im glad they reached out with this because Ive been wanting to try it. Their intra Compete is still at the top of my list so I was anxious to give this a shot. As always, a big thanks goes to iForce

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7.4g)
    Servings Per Container: About 30

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)-60 mg
    Niacin-25 mg
    Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)-100 mcg
    Magnesium-5 mg
    Sodium-10 mg
    Potassium-415 mg

Adrenaplex™:1,625mg
    Malic Acid(1000mg), Caffeine(300mg), B-Ph...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (7.4g)
    Servings Per Container: About 30

Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)-60 mg
    Niacin-25 mg
    Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)-100 mcg
    Magnesium-5 mg
    Sodium-10 mg
    Potassium-415 mg

Adrenaplex™:1,625mg
    Malic Acid(1000mg), Caffeine(300mg), B-Phenethylamine HCL(250mg), Synephrine HCL(75mg)

NitroPlex™:2,600mg
    Glycerol Monostearate(2g), Potassium nitrate(600mg)

Cogniplex™:700mg
    Rhodiola Rosea, (3% Rosavins) (Roots)(500mg), DMAE (dimethylaminoehtanol)(200mg), Huperzine A (99%)(150mcg)

Hydraplex™:175mg
    Potassium Phosphate(100mg), Sodium Phosphate(50mg), Magnesium Phosphate(25mg)

So a fully disclosed formula that seems to cover all the bases. They chose proven and effective ingredients. I think 300mg of caffeine is a bit much for one scoop. I would like to see it somewhere in the 200 range but overall you can't really complain with this approach. I also love the hydration complex. It seems like you're starting to see more companies use electrolytes in their products and with good reason.

I had the Blueberry Pomegranate flavor and it was ok. Not necessarily enjoyable but pretty easy to drink. I think I would rather take just a plain blueberry and they can keep the pomegranate lol. It mixed good. No clumps but there always seemed to be some leftover residue at the bottom. Didn't affect things too much as preworkouts are quick and easy. Dosing was easy. I never needed more than 2 scoops and usually stayed around 1.5. I would drink it either on the way to the gym or right when I got there. I was always ready to go by the time I finished warming up, which is usually about 20 minutes.

Max Out was solid from an effectiveness standpoint. It wasnt overly impressive in any one area but it was a great all around product that consistently delivered and provided great workouts. It claims to provide focus, strength, energy, pumps, and hydration and it did all of that. The pumps lacked somewhat but I don't think it was a main focus. They have a product called Hemavol that is supposed to cover the pumps so if that's what you're into then look into a separate pump product.

So this is what I don't like. I did find it on priceplow for 32.99 but it seems like everywhere else I look Im seeing 36-37 dollars. That just makes it extremely hard to compete with these other top preworkouts that can be less than 30 dollars.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really did enjoy my run with Max Out. It wasn't overly impressive but it was consistent and gave me everything I needed to have effective workouts no matter what time of day and how long the day was. The profile is solid and the taste is ok. The price runs a bit high so try to find you a sale and see if you can work it out. I recommend this to anyone looking to increase their performance in training.

January 11, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Works Fast
    • Slick Packaging
    • Deep Breathing
    • Great Endurance
    • Smooth Great Taste
    • Awesome Focus
    • Good Strength Output
    • Consistent
    • Little To No Crash
    • Lasting Energy
    • Great Value
    • Prop Blend
    Good Evening SR. Tonight I'm going to review one of the best all-around PWO's Ive ever used, Noxipro. CTD was kind enough to send this out to a few ERs and I was lucky enough to take part in the action. Thanks CTD for all that you do. You have created a gem. As the title says, I never did use any previous version, but I regret that after this run. Let's take a look at what we have here.

Serving Size- 1 Scoop(5.4g)
    Servings Per Container-40

Proprietary Blend-4097mg

Serving Size- 1 Scoop(5.4g)
    Servings Per Container-40

Proprietary Blend-4097mg
    Beta-Alanine, L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate(2:1), Fibersol-2(soluble corn fiber), Creatine Monohydrate, 2-Amino-4-methylpentane Citrate, Infinergy(Dicaffeine Malate), Caffeine, Higenamine HCL, Naringin, Capsicum annum Fruit Extract, Alpha Yohimbine, Huperzia serrata Club Moss Extract

So most of these ingredients will be familiar to most, some not so much. With everything being enclosed in the blend it's hard to tell what you're getting. The 2-Amino-4-methylpentane is supposed to be something like DMAA just without the health risks and more mild. Overall I have to trust that CTD did their research because the combo of everything made for an awesome product. It does have the yohimbine in it so proceed with caution if you have been known to respond negatively to it.

I had the Fruit Punch flavor and, although Im about tired of fruit punch, it was really good. Not much kick to it and very smooth and easy to drink. One of the most enjoyable PWOs Ive ever tasted. I don't really care too much, but it never hurts to have something that you dont dread taking before every workout. Mixing was perfect. Minimal amount of energy needed to shake it up Not a lot of foam or any nonsense like that. Easy peasy. Dosing was simple. The instructions say 30-45 minutes before the workout but you really don't need that much time. I took it after I got to the gym just before warmups. I stayed at 1.5 scoops for the majority of the run which I will explain later on.

This is what everyone really cares about. Just so happens that this is the best aspect of the product. You can bash the prop blend all you want, but when you ingest 1 or 2 scoops, none of that matters anymore. Like I mentioned above, it hits you quick with a rush of energy and focus. Everything that might be going on in your life takes a backseat and you are ready to accomplish what you set out to do in the gym that day. I noticed and pretty nice increase in body temp and even in a cold gym, I built up a nice sweat and was able to loosen up well during my warmup period. Im not much of a pump guy, but increased fullness and vascularity were both present regardless of the amount of volume I hit that day. Speaking of volume, one thing that stood out more than ANY other PWO Ive used, was my ability to control my breathing and the ability to breath deeply. I recall after hitting a high rep deadlift set I went from feeling like I was going to die, to my breathing recovering very quickly. It was a great feeling and as I took note of it, I noticed that it was like that no matter what I was doing. The effects mentioned endured for the entirety of my training sessions. It felt like I entered another world and then came back to life at the end. The focus was just unreal.

You can get it for 30 bucks and under. You could find cheaper products out there for less but you will have to try this for yourself and decide if you want to buy anything else. It's hard to determine the value on the ingredients because of the blend but in a matter of dosing, 1.5 scoops is enough and you're going to get 30 servings. A dollar per workout is easily manageable and was worth it every time.

Side Effects

I workout at night most of the time and I never lost any sleep. No crash and it never upset my stomach of caused any heart problems or anything like that. So, no side effects.

Conclusion

As you could probably tell, I was very impressed by Noxipro. I use PWOs religiously and it's rare that one comes along that knocks me off me feet like this. It tastes great, has proven ingredients that give great energy, focus, strength, endurance, and pump. At 30 bucks for 40 servings, this is one that you will want to try. I highly recommend you go ahead and pick this up and let the fun begin.

January 7, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Endurance
    • Tastes Great
    • Versatile
    • No Dyes
    • Fillers
    • Artificial Flavors
    • Better Hydration

Happy New Years SR. My first review of the year is going to be for Intralyte made by Proccor. I would first like to thank the good people over at Proccor for sending out products from their new lineup. The name implies that this product is to be used as an intra and, while this is the best time to use it, it is really more versatile than that. It's basically a product stacked full of different electrolytes and minerals and can be a good addition when water just isnt cutting it during a workout.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (2.9 Grams)
      Servings Pe...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (2.9 Grams)
      Servings Per Container: 60

Sodium Chloride - 50 mg
      Disodium Phosphate - 50 mg

Other Ingredients:
      Natural Flavor, Sucralose

So the claim to fame is the use of Albion TRAACS Minerals with the calcium chelate and magnesium chelate. Supposed to be the most bio-available and well-researched minerals available. The bypass the stomach and go straight to the small intestine for complete absorption. Overall I like the idea of what they're trying to do which is to buffer lactic acid and fatigue, hydrate and supply the body with minerals needed for training. All of which make for good goals as an intra. There is also a lot to be said for the lack of fillers and dyes. Nobody likes paying for that stuff.

I had the Natural Lemon Lime flavor and it was really good. It's just the right amount of tart and citrus. Reminds me a lot of gatorade but just a stronger taste. It mixed up perfectly, but beware of a small explosion when you pop the top of the shaker. Some type of chemical reaction occurs when you mix it up and it's quite strong lol. I dosed it mainly 2 scoops during my workout. I also would add in about 5 scoops to a gallon of water and drink it throughout the day. During my powerlifting meet, I kept a gallon of it on hand and it was perfect to sip on during the meet.

I found it to be in the "good" category as far as effectiveness. It is very enjoyable and does what it claims to do but nothing that is overly impressive. I suppose you have to judge it on what you are trying to get out of it. It doesn't have ingredients for a pump or stimulants for energy so the effects are naturally going to be more subtle. One thing I noticed is that I didn't have to pee as much during the run and I seemed to be absorbing more of the water I was drinking. Another thing it could've been is that I didn't feel the need to drink as much water during my training. It's these more subtle thing that let me know that the product was working. I did see a slight increase in endurance and even some better recovery as well, particularly the few hours after training. I never really do a large amoount of high volume training so I couldnt really judge the effects of the lactic acid buffer.

I searched the most popular retailers and only found this on illpumpyouup.com and the proccor.com. IPYU had it for 25.99 and Proccor has it for 29.99. If you dose it as 2 scoops intra then that's 30 workouts. I held on to this for a long time and seemed to think that it would be a good value at 25 bucks. Maybe once it becomes more available and competitive you will see the price drop to the low 20's, in which case this would be great to have in the gym bag.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So overall, I would say that Intralyte was a success. I like the approach of the ingredient profile and love seeing an intra that doesnt look like 90% of the others in the category. The taste was on point and something you could drink at any time of day, whether you're working out or not. There are no dyes, fillers, or artificial flavors so you are very unlikely to have adverse effects from it. I would recommend that you give it a shot and see how you like it. For anyone interested in more info, check out the site. http://www.proccor.com/index.php/products/intralyte.html

Overall
      Overall
      9.3
      9.2
      9.5
        December 27, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Value
      • Taste Good
      • Great Focus
      • Made For A Variety Of Users
      • Solid Profile
      • Good Recovery
      • Versatile
      • Proprietary Blends

Hello SR family. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and in the spirit of giving, Im going to give my review of USPlabs AminoLIFT. First Id like to say thanks to USPlabs for letting a few ERs give this a run. As the title says, it's an amino supplement with caffeine and one that USPlabs should be proud of, as this was good from start to finish.

Serving Size- 1 scoop(8.2g)
      Servings Per Container-30
      Calories-0g
      Vitamin B1-15mg(1000%)
      Vitamin B6-20mg(1000%)
      Vitamin B12-120mcg(2000%)

AminoEssentials+ Blend-6.2g which includes: Micronized Taurin...

Serving Size- 1 scoop(8.2g)
      Servings Per Container-30
      Calories-0g
      Vitamin B1-15mg(1000%)
      Vitamin B6-20mg(1000%)
      Vitamin B12-120mcg(2000%)

AminoEssentials+ Blend-6.2g which includes: Micronized Taurine, L-Alanine, Glycine, L-Glutamine, L-Leucine, L-Citrulline, L-Lysine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Methionine, L-Histidine, L-Threonine

Focused Energy Blend-402mg which includes Choline Bitartrate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Green Tea Extract, Yerba Mate Extract. Total Caffeine is 100mg per scoop.

So I really do like this profile. I dont mind the blends too much. It's just how it is. There is a difference between a straight BCAA supplement and an intra and this is definitely the ladder and will be best utilized during a workout. I like the inclusion of the essential amino acids in an intra product as Ive always found those products to be more effective as an intra, and hey, they are called ESSENTIAL amino acids for a reason as your body needs them from outside sources. I also like the inclusion of the small amount of caffeine. I think it's more suited for a variety of users and gives many options for usage which I will explain below. The B vitamins are good to have in thee as well for an extra boost in energy levels.

I had the Fruit Punch flavor and it was enjoyable. I was kinda meh on the whole idea of another fruit punch on the market but it was good for what it was. Mixing was on point. No issues there.

As far as dosing, this is really where the product shines. It has about as much caffeine as a 6oz cup of coffee so you could drink a glass in the morning before work, mid day for an extra boost, preworkout when you don't want a bunch of stims, mixed with a preworkout depending on the type of PWO, and of course during a workout. I actually used all of these dosings and it worked very well in each occasion. My favorite was mixing it with a PWO. I would a half scoop of a scoop of PWO and a scoop of AminoLIFT and they complimented each other nicely. If I used it solo I would mix two scoops. Never used anything over that.

As mentioned above, the effectiveness was there on any time I choose to use it. It provided great endurance and focus during training even when taken solo and reduced soreness for the days after. It was great to have a glass in the morning with breakfast as well and definitely got the day moving in the right direction. If I had a tough session the day before and was feeling it I could take this in the middle of the day for some extra recovery and a solid mental boost. Any way you slice it, it straight up delivered

Ive seen some crazy low prices around. I get the insider emails sent to me and they were having a lot of sales when it first came out but have not seen many since. An average price is under 15 bucks and you may see it up in the 20 range. Even for 20 bucks, it is well worth buying and you shouldnt be disappointed.

Side Effects

No side effects. Again I never used any more than 2 scoops which is 200mg of caffeine. Most people will not have adverse effects at that dose.

Conclusion

So there you have it. It's always nice to run a product that no doubt aids in having effective training. I hope this prodcut sticks around and we see some innovation flavors come out. It has a solid profile with proven ingredients and will appeal to a variety of users. It has many uses and performs well in each of them. The price is as low as you will find for suck an effective supplement. There is definitely something to this amino plus caffeine idea. I highly recommend you give this a go and will hopefully be running it again in the future.

December 22, 2014

• Rich Chocolate Tasted Very Good
      • Clumpy
      • Foamy
      • Undisclosed Blends
      • Bad
      • Bad Gas
      • Tropical Punch Flavor Needs Work But Is Close

Hello again ladies and gents. Im back at it to review the second half of my RCSS protein run. The good folks at RCSS were kind enough to send out 2 tubs of their new beef isolate protein. It was my first ever use of such a protein and I was really looking forward to trying it. With that being said, it was, with all due respect, one of the worst experiences I can remember. It wasn't all bad, but Im glad it's over. Let me explain.

Serving Size- 1 scoop(35g)
      Servings Per- 28
      Calories-128(129 in the chocolate)
      Fat-0g(1g in the chocolate)
      Carbs-9g(...

Serving Size- 1 scoop(35g)
      Servings Per- 28
      Calories-128(129 in the chocolate)
      Fat-0g(1g in the chocolate)
      Carbs-9g(7g in the chocolate)
      Protein-23g

There are also a few undisclosed blends in the active ingredients list that include a "Steak & Potatoes Blend" which is hydrolyzed beef isolate and sweet potato powder, a "Strength & Recovery Blend" which is simply the BCAAs of leucine, isoleucine, and valine and creatine monohydrate, and a "Nitrogen Retention Blend consisting of L-glutamine AKG, L-ornithine AKG, and AKG. I dont really know what to think of it because there's no way to know how much is there. They may be trying a little too hard to wow people with the amount of blends and different ingredients. Sometimes more is less and less is more but that will vary so much on the individual.

Oh man, this was by far the worst part. I was sent the Rich Chocolate and the Tropical Punch. The mixing of both of them was very bad. No matter how much I shook it up there would be big chunks that would always settle at the top and I had to just bear down and power through it. It wasnt so bad to manage with the rich chocolate because the flavor was actually pretty good, but with the Tropical Punch it was almost unbearable. The sad thing is that the Tropical Punch flavor seemed like it would have potential with a little tweaking but add a not perfect flavor with almost no mixing made for a bad experience.

I dosed it at mostly one scoop but went with two some days if I needed the protein and always downed it postworkout

Even though it was a struggle to drink, it still performed as well as any other protein. Nothing special but kept soreness at bay and kept my recovery at a level to where I could consistently train hard in the gym.

Im seeing the average price to be in the low 30's for a two pound tub. Not a bad price but I wouldn't buy it. Just not worth it.

Side Effects

I would say that about an hour after every use I would get some very raunchy gas. It never gave me any stomach pains but i would have a gassy episode that would last for about 15 minutes. Something did not agree with my digestive tract at all.

Conclusion

So the excitement I had to try this was quickly gone. I gave it an honest run but I just cannot recommend this for anyone to use. I think it needs to be taken back to the drawing board and figure out a way to get this stuff to mix. I won't blame them for the stomach issues as it might just be me but I can say that for right now, Im much happier with the various whey proteins that are out there.

December 21, 2014

• Rapid Digestion
      • No Sides
      • Fits Any Diet
      • AstraGin
      • Mixes Well
      • Tastes Meh

What's up SR? It has been awhile but Im back to get down on the review for Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Isotropic Max. This protein has been out for awhile now but they produced a new flavor. It was my first run at it and it was about what I expected. A big thanks goes to Derek and the RCSS crew for sending out this tub o' gainz!! Let's get into it.

Serving Size-1 scoop(31.5g)

Calories-110
      Fat-0g
      Carbs-3g
      Protein-25g

As with many, if not all, products from RCSS they include Astragin which is supposed to help with absorption. Pretty simple profile as would be expected from an isolate. No issues.

I was sent the Strawberry Decadence and it was about average. Could've been better or worse. It was getting old towards the end and I wanted to have another flavor pretty bad. I would like to see some creativity with the flavors instead of the usual vanilla, chocolate, strawberry approach. I wasn't expecting much flavor from an isolate and this may not be a #1 priority for anyone wanting to choose an isolate for their protein.

It mixed perfectly every time as an isolate should and I used it mainly postworkout. The flavor didn't appeal to me at any other time during the day to be honest.

Isotropic Max did it's job. Soreness was reduced and recovery was at a level that it would be with other proteins. It was available in case my diet slacked and I needed grams of pure protein without the other macros that come with food.

So you're looking at somewhere in the 30-40 dollar range for 28 servings. Over a dollar a serving will be steep for most. You really have to stop and think about if it's worth it or not. Could you just eat more food? Could you just use a cheaper concentrate protein? That will depend largely on the person and their individual goals.

Side Effects

No side effects to not. Stomach handled it well. No bathroom issues or anything like that.

Conclusion

So overall I will say that I didn't necessarily enjoy this run but ti was nice to have some protein on hand to slam down after some vigorous training when I wasn't in the mood to cook. I think most would enjoy a flavor other than strawberry but it tastes about as expected. If you are on a strict diet like a low carb, low fat type thing then this, and any other isolate, would be worth looking at, but you will have to pay a price.

November 8, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mostly Lives Up To Claims
      • No Side Effects
      • Body Comp Gainz
      • Strength Gainz
      • Great Pumps
      • Great Endurance
      • Cool Bottle
      • 24 Days Of Use
      • 6 Pills A Day
      Hello ladies and gents of SR. Up for review today is Myokem's new "myostatin inhibitor" Magnitropin. I put that in quotations because this is what catches everyone's attention, but it really is much more than that. A big thanks goes out to Team Myokem for letting us give this a go. Let's do it.

PROFILE-9

Serving Size-3 pills
      Servings Per Conainter-48

Magnitropin Proprietary Matrix-2.166g
      Paederia foetida extract 20:1
      Cistanche deserticola extract 20:1
      Gentiana lutea extract 10:1
      Epicatechin
      Black pepper extract(95% piperine)

So yeah, not a lot of familiarity here with the ingredients. M...

PROFILE-9

Serving Size-3 pills
      Servings Per Conainter-48

Magnitropin Proprietary Matrix-2.166g
      Paederia foetida extract 20:1
      Cistanche deserticola extract 20:1
      Gentiana lutea extract 10:1
      Epicatechin
      Black pepper extract(95% piperine)

So yeah, not a lot of familiarity here with the ingredients. Myokem seems to be innovative and not just throw the same ingredients as everyone else in their products. With how they worked together, you will most likely become more familiar with them in the future.

Check out myokem.com/magnitropin for an explanation or you can check out some of the previously written reviews as they go into great depth.

DOSING-7
      3 pills twice a day with food. On training days I took with breakfast and preworkout meal as the bottle suggested. On non training days it was with breakfast and dinner. It's not that it's hard to to that for most, but it could be much easier. Pills were easy to consume. No issues.

EFFECTIVENESS-9
      Claims to increase appetite, increase exercise performance, reduce myostatin, increase muscle growth, and increase libido.

Appetite- Not much of a difference to be honest. I didnt eat any more than I usually do but did feel slightly more hungry. I didn't gain any weight, but was not trying to.

Performance- I set PRs throught the run so the strength gains were consistent. My training consists of the big three(squat, bench, deadlift) with supplementary and accessory movements afterwards. A lot of times I will be dead towards the end but I felt like I could get in some solid work throughout the entire workout and even have the energy to be able to stay after and do my mobilization that is tough to do sometimes.

Body Composition/Pump- I will honestly tell you that I have never looked as good in the mirror as I did during this run. I would feel loose, lean, and hard with very good vascularity during my workout. I did also look more lean at any given time of day, even in the morning when Im just waking up. As I mentioned above I didnt gain or lose any weight but yet I made some great progress in body comp. It also provided a great pump with the preworkout dose every time, even with lower volume training.

Libido- Not much of a change really. Maybe if I a little older I would see it, but at 27 it didn't do much for me. This was the least of my worries going into the run, and is what I believe not a top priority for most users.

SIDE EFFECTS-10
      No side effects

VALUE-8
      You can find it for 50 bucks pretty easily. This is more than the average you would pay for a natural test booster of around 30 bucks but I found this more effective and overall enjoyable than any test booster. Another thing that brings the value down is the fact you only get 24 days of use. It is definitely expensive and will vary person to person on if they can afford it or not.

OVERALL-9
      As I keep saying, I was very impressed and enjoyed the entire run. I love the innovation that Myokem continues to bring. They really do seem concerned with bringing the best quality and letting the results speak for themselves. We've all seen the myostatin inhibitor pictures of dogs and cows and have wondered how this would really work. While those things are not necessarily what you can expect, Magnitropin is a start at least lol.