bogusforlife

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today
  • Member has only posted 2 reviews
  • Low community participation
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by bogusforlife

----Introduction----
In the interest of full disclosure, I received this product via a forum promotion quite some time ago. After putting it through its paces to get what I would consider a fair assessment of the product, I reviewed the supplement as agreed upon and, after doing so, I shelved a bit under half a tub (~10 servings) to work through the surplus of other pre-workouts I had accumulated through various deals (BOGO free, BOGO 50% off). After recently finishing a tub of PreSeries Bulk, I found myself looking through my pantry for something else to try instead of moving onto my second tub of Bulk and that's when I decided it was time to finish off my Pre-Kaged. In doing so, I found myself enjoying the product even more than I did during my first go-round and felt it worthy to be reviewed on this site which has gained a ton of traction as the go-to source for unbiased feedback.

----Ingredient Profile----
For anyone remotely familiar with pre-workout supplements, it's easy to see that Pre-Kaged is a homerun on paper. With 6.5 grams of pure l-citrulline, a whopping two grams of taurine, solid doses of two forms of l-tyrosine and a sweet spot (for my preferences) of 274 mg's of PurCaf, which is 90.5% caffeine by weight netting ~248 mg's of actual caffeine, the additional BCAA's, hydration and antioxidant blends are just icing on an already ergogenic cake. Factor in the lack of artificial additives and you'll have a hard time finding a more well-rounded product.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
For the longest time this product was only available in fruit punch. I cannot remember a time when a fruit punch flavor would be at the top of my list of preferred flavorings so I was not overly excited about this one either. With that said, it's a surprisingly mild flavor that is identifiable as fruit punch but not overbearing by any means. The product mixes relatively well considering the serving size but a few swirls of additional water when drinking the last few drinks is necessary to avoid leaving any residue behind. Being mindful of my caffeine intake, I did start out by measuring each scoop of powder to ensure I was getting the desired dosing. I found that filling the scoop to the top ended up being slightly more than the serving size indicated so I usually opted to fill it to the just below that to keep myself in check.

----Effectiveness----
My initial assessment of Pre-Kaged was very positive but I would be lying if I said that the original price point didn't make it hard for me to justify buying another tub. After making my way through the second half of the tub, I found myself enjoying my workouts even more than I recalled from before. I recall having increased energy levels previously but didn't really note much in the way of increased focus or mood improvements but, for reasons I can't quite explain, those two aspects seemed much more prominent this time around. I look forward to the gym even more knowing that my energy, focus and mood will be boosted which carries over into the start of my work day which is always a plus.

Additionally, I found the pumps and vascularity to be quite noticeable when training fasted previously but I am now using 25 grams of Cutler Nutrition's Total Carb and the pumps have been taken to another level completely. The synergy between the l-citrulline and the fast-digesting carbs is a combo I don't see myself straying from anytime soon.

I never notice huge increases in endurance from pre-workouts as I find nutrition and adaptation to my training program are what really drive my ability to squeeze out more reps in a given workout. I do see myself recovering between sets a bit quicker when using Pre-Kaged and my recovery between gym sessions seems to have increased slightly as well. With that said, the majority of any lifter's progress will be dictated by their training and diet so don't expect a pre-workout (even one as well-rounded as Pre-Kaged) to be a substitute for consistency in the most important aspects of your protocol.

----Value----
As mentioned above, the price point was a barrier before simply because of the myriad of options available with competitive price points. Based on my newfound level of enjoyment of this product, I am confident that I'll be pulling the trigger on a tub (or two) and giving their new crisp apple flavor a try in the near future. Thankfully, the sales I have seen for this product more recently have made it much more cost-effective than when originally launched and it's obvious that Kaged Muscle did not cut any corners with patented ingredients and effective doses of all key ingredients.

----Side Effects----
No adverse side effects to be reported here.

----Conclusion----
Pre-Kaged is a winner. I can say with confidence that supporting a company like Kaged Muscle that is trying to buck all of the trends that, in my opinion, have plagued the supplement industry for some time now, is a worthwhile decision. Pre-Kaged covers all the bases you would expect a pre-workout to cover and then some. I recommend this product to anyone looking for a clean, well-rounded product that does not try to geek you out via an overload of caffeine and/or novel stimulants that may or may not be on the market a year from now.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Nice Amount Of Caffeine
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Dye Free
  • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
  • Disclosed Label
  • On The Expensive Side
  • Not For Stim Tolerant

----Introduction----
I'm a fitness enthusiast who has been in the gym and using supplements for over 10 years. I love the feeling of progress and find the weights to be a great stress reliever. I'm not pursuing any particular goal other than staying consistent and staying injury-free as long as possible. Putting on more mass has always been my focus and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

----Introduction----

I've represented two different companies via online forums in the past. I am certified as a personal trainer through NASM but do not have plans to pursue that as a career due to familial responsibilities.

I decided to post this review because I was looking up reviews on Inspired Nutraceuticals DVST8 White Cut and was reminded how beneficial authentic reviews from experienced users can be in making purchasing decisions. I'm hoping my input will prove valuable to other as well.

----Ingredient Profile----
The profile on PreSeries Bulk is one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time. It's rare to see ergogenic aides dosed so generously with less than 300+ mg's of caffeine and more than 20 servings per container. I am very conscientious of my caffeine intake and have ultimately passed on many other well-dosed products due to the stimulant content.

Not only is the caffeine content moderate, a 2:1 ratio of l-theanine to caffeine puts it in a small category of products that don't aim to load you up with a stimulant kick only to drop you off just as quickly after the workout. The inclusion of the other ingredients for testosterone support and those which require continued dosing to benefit from (like beta alanine) don't hurt the product but are difficult to rate in a pre-workout setting where immediate benefits should be the focus.

Overall, as my title implied, I think it's a clean and well-rounded profile that seems to genuinely aim to improve your performance without relying on heavy-laden stimulants.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
This product is average at best in the taste department. I have never let the taste of a supplement, other than protein powder, affect my use of a product and this is no exception. Transparent Labs clearly didn't overdload it with artificial sweeteners and the majority of the flavor seems to be driven by the citrulline-malate which has a very tart taste on its own.

Mixability for this product was decent. As expected with so many ingredients and such a large serving size, there will typically be residue left in your cup that can easily be taken care of with amother ounce of water swirling around afterwards.

I never went above one not quite heaping scoop so the container lasted quite a while only working out an average of four days a week.

----Effectiveness----
I enjoyed my workouts using this product for the most part (see side effects below). I didn't feel like it improved any one area of my workouts to a truly noticeable degree but that should be expected given the jack-of-all trades approach the product clearly took.

Energy was decent considering the relatively moderate stimulant content and the focus was increased more so than what caffeine alone produces but I don't think this will appeal to most seasoned pre-workout users. I would be hard-pressed to attribute any increase in endurance and pumps to this product.

----Value----
I purchased this product because it was on sale as a buy one, get one 50% off at esupplements.com. I just finished the first tub within the last month or so and am contemplating if/when I'll crack open the other tub. While the product is packed with ingredients and 30 servings per tub, it's hard to justify this product over others on the market with similar offerings and more tangible benefits during the workout itself.

----Side Effects----
I am not entirely sure what caused it but towards the last half of the tub I started experiencing nausea like clockwork, roughly 30 minutes after ingesting my scoop in the mornings on an empty stomach. I can't help but think the dose of beta alanine might have been the culprit as the nausea almost always started when the paresthesia (tingles) kicked in.

----Conclusion----
I commend Transparent Labs for their commitment to producing clean products with proven dosages of validated ingredients. I can't recommend this product considering the lack of standout performance improvements and the standard pricing which is much higher than other tried and true products I've used.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Research Backed Ingredients
  • Fully Dosed
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • No Dyes
  • Pricey
  • Negligible Performance Improvements