bnichols25

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 3 years ago

Reviews by bnichols25

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  April 22, 2016

• Great Pumps
  • Use Of Dyes

When I saw "yeah buddy" up for review, I knew I try it. I have had Myo-blitz as well as other RCSS products and had good experiences with those products. I am 5'11, 185 lbs. I have a very busy schedule and the boost from PWOs are always helpful.

Ingredient Profile 7.5/10

Ingredient Profile 7.5/10

"Yeah Buddy" has a lot of your typical ingredients like beta alanine, agmatine, L-citruline, and caffeine. The ingredients are partially disclosed which is a little bit better than not at all. It also contains Theacrine which is similar to caffeine. It seems to lessen discomfort involved in working out. Adhatoda Vasica is another interesting ingredient that is supposed to act as a bronchodilater.

I didn't like that there were such big words in the blends. They are confusing for me and would for sure confuse someone who is even more of a novice.

This product does contain Yohimbine. I have never had an issue with Yohimbine but I would be careful if you have never taken a product containing Yohimbine.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 6/10

I had the electric lemon flavor. It was super sweet in my opinion but the lemon was very weak. It seemed like they went heavy on the dyes. It mixed fine.

Effectiveness 7.8/10

"Yeah Buddy" was pretty effective for me. I always need a jolt before workouts since my work requires me to wake up early. It got me in the zone and helped me focus. I usually took it about an hour before I got of work and went to the gym and it seemed to work well like that.

Energy 7/10: I got decent energy but it was a little inconsistent. I shook the tub every time but still had a wide range of energy from it. I never had any problems with it keeping me awake at night either

Pump 9/10: I really enjoyed the pump and vascularity from "Yeah Buddy". Sometimes I would look at my forearm several hours after working out and notice my veins popping.

Bronchodilator 5/10: I didn't notice any effect on my breathing. If it helped any, it was negligible for me.

Value 7/10

I checked several sites and found price ranging from $30-35 before shipping. I didn't feel like it was expensive but it was slightly above average.

Side Effects

I did experience a few crashes after my workouts. I would occasionally feel light headed during workouts but I can't definitively attribute that to "Yeah Buddy".

Conclusion

If you are a fan of the RCSS lineup I would definitely give "Yeah Buddy" a shot. My expectations were met with this product and I think they will meet yours too. You can expect good energy, great pumps, and decent taste. I would like to see less dyes or none at all as I personally don't care what color my pwo is.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  March 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Intense Energy
  • Prop Blends

bnichols25 here with another VMI sports nutrition review. I am 5'11 185 lbs. I workout approximately 3-4 a week. I work in a fast paced work environment and drive a lot so I NEED the extra boost from PWO. I have taken many pwo from original Jack3d to lower stim products.

Ingredient Profile 7/10

Ingredient Profile 7/10

First off, prop blend. We all dislike them but its just something we have to live with in this industry. I really like what is included in the two blends. It has a lot of your typical ingredients like Beta alanine, choline bitartrate, rauwolscine, and caffeine. Also, pikatropin for focus. I am not going to spend a lot of time in this section because with a prop blend there is no way to tell how much of what is in it. It seems like there are areas that might be under dosed. Another poster stated that a rep told them it had 400mg of caffeine so that means that there is more than 400mg of choline bitartrate. This would leave a little over 100mg for the rest of the ingredients.

Some people would prefer to not of creatine but I do like having creatine in my pwo. Even if its only a gram, I think it is still beneficial.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 8/10

I liked the tiger blood flavor. It was a combo of watermelon, strawberry, and coconut. At first I was completely overwhelmed by the taste but I just added more water and I actually enjoyed the taste. I also had samples of the ecto cooler and hawaiian hurricane. I didn't care for the ecto cooler but the hawaiian hurricane was pretty good. Never had issues with mixing.

As far as dosing goes, I used a single scoop all the way through my tub. I never felt like my tolerance built up or anything. I made sure to only take it earlier in the day because it kept me awake at night one time.

As a side note, I just wish they would have taken it easy on the dyes. I don't need my pwo to be bright green or red.

Effectiveness 8/10

Krush it definitely gave a big boost of energy for me. I think it relies heavily on caffeine to produce this energy but it was still effective nonetheless. Even with the amount of caffeine, I didn't feel like it was just jittery, nervous energy. I was able to lift more and stay longer. I actually hit some current personal records while on Krush it. ( I was also taking arimistane at the time).

Value 6.5/10

For $35 you can 30 servings. I feel like that is above the average cost of a pwo although if you only use 1 scoop or less like I did, it works out to be 30 whole servings. Price point does hurt this product since you can get a good pre workout for less than 30 bucks.

Side Effects

The only side effect I had was a little trouble falling asleep at night a time or 2 but no big deal.

Conclusion

I enjoyed my tub of Krush It and I really like VMI Sports as a company. If you like high stim pwo then I recommend you give this one a shot. I think the formula could be improved with some creatine though. Last but not least, I want to give a big thanks to VMI for allowing me to try Krush It as well as all the samples.

Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  February 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Libido
  • Strength
  • Vascularity
  • Dry Look
  • Painful Joints

Bnichols25 back again to review Arimistane by VMI Sports Nutrition. I want to give a huge thanks to the folks at VMI. Not only did they send me Armistane and Krush it through the TROOPS program, but they also sent me several samples of their protein and pump product. I really like what I have seen/experienced from VMI Sports Nutrition so far.

As I stated earlier, I took Krush it, Rally (by Too fit USA), and various proteins while using Arimistane. My past experiences with similar products include erase and AD3-pct.

...

Ingredient Profile 8/10

Super simple profile of 50mg of Arimistane (Adrosta-3, 5-Diene-7,17-Dione). I had decent results with AD3-pct which had 25mg more Arimistane so I was worried that this might be slightly under dosed. But after taking VMI's Arimistane, I believe they must have a high quality source of ingredients. Regardless, 50mg per dose (25mg/pill).

Dosing was also as easy as it gets. 2 Pills per day with a meal or before a workout. They suggest taking half a serving (1 pill) for the first 3-5 days which I did. I also dosed it at 1 serving per day throughout my whole bottle. It does state that you should not exceed 3 pills per serving or 4 per day.

Effectiveness 9/10

Arimistane greatly exceeded my expectations. VMI claims that you will experience "increase maximum power output, enhanced libido, and a lean, hard, dry look". All of these claims were right on the money.

I want to start with their first claim of increased max power output. Simply put, I was lifting much more than before. My bench press was where I noticed this most (since I was having knee trouble and couldn't squat much), but I was able to throw weight around that I haven't lifted in 3 ish years back when I had more time to lift.

I also experienced a libido boost and I had more desire than normal. This was right on par with similar products I have taken in the past but VMI did it with less ingredients.

The last claim they made was that dry lean look. By the end of week 2 I could tell a big difference. Abs were much more noticeable and I looked more muscular. I had a slight increase in vascularity but nothing major. I definitely enjoyed this aspect of the product and for that reason I had to bump effectiveness to a 9.

Value 8.5

After a quick look, it seems like you can get this for around $25 bucks for a 30 day supply at 1 serving per day. I felt like it was effective at 1 serving per day so a month long cycle for that price is pretty good.

Side Effects 5/10

This area is the biggest drawback for me. Somewhere around 2 weeks into my bottle, I started having so much trouble with my knees that I couldn't squat for a week. Also, this last week, I am experiencing pain in my wrists. Not sure if that can be attributed to Arimistane but I haven't had any trouble before with them.

Conclusion

I really enjoyed my bottle of Arimistane. I might suggest some good joint support if you plan on buying this product. I also want to add that I feel like VMI is a top notch company with some great products. I hope to try some more of their supplements in the future. If you want that dry, lean look and increased strength in the gym, Arimistane might be the product for you.

Thanks to Too Fit USA for sending it out!
  February 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • All Natural
  • Bad Mixability
  • Grittiness

Bnichols25 back with another review for the SR Troops. While taking rally I was also taking Krush it and Arimistane from VMI sports. I was hoping to find a product that would decrease soreness and assist in recovering. I have a demanding job so I need my legs to work even the day after a tough leg day.

----Ingredient Profile 9/10---

----Ingredient Profile 9/10---
I really liked the profile, which is why I selected it to try. 30 grams of cyclic dextrin and 15 grams of "peptopro"( basically a really processed casein that absorbs faster and easier. I was also intrigued by the organic freeze dried coconut water. Coconut water has been gaining popularity for its ability to rehydrate so I thought that sounded great. Rally contains creatine, bcaa's, glutamine, and beta-alanine as well which are all well documented so I won't cover that in this review.

Rally did include some more interesting ingredients that I will briefly describe below:
Tart Cherry: A rich antioxidant that is believed to reduce inflammation and muscle soreness.
Tumeric: An herb used to reduce inflammation.
Ginger Root: Another herb that is full of antioxidants and reduces inflammation. May increase circulation as well.
Grape seed extract: These seeds are thought to help regenerate cells.
Sumac Bran: Contains high amounts of antioxidants and lots of healthy micronutrients.

Lastly, I want to remind you that Rally is all-natural, made in the U.S.A. plus more stuff you can read on the label.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 3/10

This category really hurts the overall product. When looking for a post-workout or intra-workout especially, I want something that is at least decent tasting and goes down easy. Rally was a difficult shake to drink. I can't nail down what ingredient that caused problem but little bits and pieces of something just would not dissolve. I would sometimes have to chew on it so that it wouldn't get stuck in my throat. To me, the taste wasn't terrible but its hard to get past the grittiness and pieces that wouldn't dissolve.

Effectiveness 8/10

When used correctly I think this product can really be effective. I tried several different ways of dosing but I eventually decided that one serving immediately following my workout was best. 1 scoop before and 1 scoop after a workout worked fine too but I was drinking so much that I would have to take bathroom breaks during my workout. I occasionally drank a serving on off-days if I was still feeling sore or if I just needed to fill my macro needs. Overall I was pleased with the effectiveness of this product.

Value 3.5/10

Price point is going to be a tough barrier for consumers. $55 bucks for 20 servings is just way too much. If your like me, you would rather spend $25 on a pre workout and have another $30 for a protein or another post-workout. I understand that they are marketing this as a top of the line, all-natural post workout but I just don't think it is worth $55.

Side Effects

Occasionally while taking Rally I had some stomach issues. About 20 minutes after drinking some I would feel sick at my stomach. No bowel movements just upset stomach.

Conclusion

There are a lot of aspects I like about this product such as the all-natural ingredients and made in the U.S.A. factor. All ingredients were fully disclosed and seemed to be of high quality. But the one thing I keep thinking about is trying to choke that stuff down after a workout. If the Too Fit guys can figure out the gritty problems and lower that price point, I think a lot more people would enjoy Rally.

Overall
Overall
4.5
4.5
Thanks to Liporidex® Fitness Formula for sending it out!
  February 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Vitamin Blend
  • No Noticeable Effects On Rest
  • Minimal Appetite Suppressant
  • Prop Blends

Time for my second edition of Liporidex reviews. Earlier I post my review of Liporidex Max and today I am giving you my take on Liporidex P.M. a stimulant free fat burner. As I mentioned, I took Max alongside this. I actually started P.M. about 7-10 days later because it was shipped later. I have never taken a completely stimulant free fat burner before so I wanted to give this one a shot.

Ingredient Profile 6/10

Ingredient Profile 6/10

When I first saw this product I was intrigued because not only does it have fat burner ingredients, it also has a ZMA "built in". I think this is a great idea since a lot of times when a person is cutting they might not meet their micronutrient needs. P.M. is comprised of 3 different complexes as well as a vitamin blend.

Vitamin Blend 8/10
I really liked the inclusion of Zinc and Magnesium. It also contains 200mcg of chromium and 150 mcg of iodine. After doing some brief research on iodine I really think that everyone should supplement with extra iodine for its potential benefits and lack of availability in food. This complex was my favorite part of the product.

Fat Burning Complex 5/10
There is only a certain number of options for fat burning ingredients when your putting together a stim free fat burner but we all mostly know about carnitine and raspberry ketones. I thought the pomegranate extract was a little bit different but not sure how effective it is.

Appetite Suppressant 4/10
No product has much of a chance in this category for me as I have never found an effective appetite suppressant. African Mango, Rosemary, and passion flower made up this category. The rosemary provided ursolic acid which helps retain muscle while cutting.

Wellness Complex 5/10
This complex included Magnolia bark, Resveratrol, Black pepper, and co-enzyme Q10. This complex was a very under dosed I believe but maybe it still has some benefits.

2 pills before bed. Super easy.

Effectiveness 4.5/10

I really thought I was getting some results with this but almost a week after finishing up Liporidex max it seemed like I gained a lot of water weight back. I felt slimmer in the mornings when I woke up but that is the case with or without this product. I didn't feel any appetite suppression while taking this product. Also, I never felt groggy or sleepy before bed or when I woke up. This was really good since I get up early and do a lot of driving in the mornings. I really wanted this product to work for me but it simply didn't give me results.

Value 3/10

$49.99 for a 30 day supply. That is just too expensive when there are so many other products on the market for much cheaper.

Side Effects

The only side effect I noticed was extreme thirst in the middle of the night. I guess the black pepper got me?

Conclusion

I really want to thank the team at Lipordex for the opportunity to try 2 of their products but I think they fall a little short of their claims. I like certain aspects about this product but I think a reformulation could increase the effectiveness of this product. I hope that others find this product more effective but it just did not work for me.

5.7
Thanks to Liporidex® Fitness Formula for sending it out!
  January 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Effective Fatburner
  • Not Enough Caffeine

Intro

I want to start out by thanking the team at Liporidex. I received a pm saying that there was going to be an opportunity with the TROOPS program to try this product so I decided to give it a shot. I have been working out for about 8 years but have taken a break from supplements but am back in the game. While taking this, I also to Liporidex PM fat burner.

Intro

I really liked a lot of what was in Liporidex, I just wasn't sure about the amount per serving. Obviously it would be easier to know if it is effective doses if it was not a prop blend. It is broken up into a Thermogenic blend, Metabolic blend, CNS enhancement blend, and a performance blend.

Thermo blend 7/10: I don't like having green coffee been has the main ingredient of this blend and most of the ingredients I liked made up a smaller percentage of the blend. Overall the thermo portion was decent.

Metabolic Blend 6/10: This product is marketed as an extreme energy fat burner and pre workout but I got almost zero energy from it. I was very disappointed by the lack of energy in it. I would have also liked to have seen some form of yohimbine in this too.

CNS Enhancement 8/10: I love Choline Bitartrate as well as the other ingredients. I think this blend is under dosed but not bad.

Performance Blend 8/10: There is virtually no way to measure how well this worked but does include proven ingredients.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing N/A

2 pills in the morning, 1 in the afternoon. Simple and typical dosing for a fat burner.

Effectiveness 7.8/10

Although I felt like a lot of the ingredients were under dosed, I actually got really good results. My weight was mostly unchanged but I can tell that I lost fat. My abs shown a lot better, even my face seemed thinner. Judging by my grade for the ingredient profile you might not think that this product would be all that effective but maybe the purity/quality is so much better than the average fat burner. If this product had more caffeine or another form of stimulant, I would have given this a much better score.

Value 4/10

I may be wrong but I couldn't find any online retailers that carried this. The only place I could find it was on the co. site. It was selling for $50 a bottle. That is extremely high IMO for a 4 week supply. Maybe Liporidex is working on getting products more available to customers and will get that price down in the future.

Side Effects

I had zero side effects.

Conclusion

I really liked the product and the results. I believe that with some tweaking this could be an even better product. If this product is going to be marketed as a max energy fat burner and pre workout, it needs to have more kick to it. I shouldn't get a better caffeine buzz from coffee.

Liporidex products are made in the US and produced by a GMP facility so I have more trust than most brands. I wasn't sure how effective the product would be since it was a prop blend but it really seemed to work. When taking this alongside Liporidex PM I feel like results will be much better.

February 9, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Mix
  • Good Combo Of Proteins
    Today I have another review for a protein powder! This time for PES Select Protein. I want to thank the guys at PES and now that thats out of the way lets get it on!

============== Profile 10/10 ================

============== Profile 10/10 ================

I just reviewed Nutrabio's Casien last week and so this protein will get a lot of comparisons with it. Other than the fact that it does not have the ingredients disclosed down to the flavoring, I really like this product's profile better. I like the idea of "Nature had it right" especially when they are talking about milk. 20% whey and 80% Casien. Also, plenty of grams of protein in each serving as well as a minimal amount of carbs.

============= Effectiveness 9/10 ============

This product is intended to fill my macro needs that I lack in my diet. This product does just that. It will obviously help build muscle if I would otherwise be missing out on my protein. Not much else to say.

=========== Taste/Mixability 8/10 ===========

I had the cookies and cream flavor and it was decent. I kinda got tired of the taste after a while though. It also mixed decently. I never used a mixer ball thing and I had no issues with it. I think that the snicker doodle flavor sounds fantastic and I might would recommend trying that instead unless others say wouldn't recommend it.

============== Value 8/10 ===============

For around 25 or 26 bucks you can get a tub (27 servings). So that comes out to just under a $1 per serving. Thats not a bad ratio at all. As always I wish the price could come down some because I know the ingredients really can't cost that much.

============= Side Effects ===============

I didn't have any side effects with this protein.

============== Conclusion =================

This is a solid protein from a solid company. I would recommend it as a very good macro filler with a decent taste, which is always a plus. I think that there could be benefits from taking casein and whey together as they say but not sure how profound the difference is.

February 3, 2014

• 100 % Micellar Casein
    • Great Profile
      My apologies to the folks at Nutrabio on the long wait for this review. Things got a little crazy but I am a man of my word and here is my review. This is a simple product so I will keep my review simple as well.

============ Profile:10/10 =============

Complete ingredient disclosure is always a big positive, all the way down to the flavoring. 25g of protein is a good amount and no cheap caseinate. Best casein profile I have ever had.

============ Effectiveness 10/10===========

============ Profile:10/10 =============

============ Effectiveness 10/10===========

Obviously a difficult section to review since the use of protein powder is to fill in your macro needs but it did do the job never the less. Casein is slow digesting so good to take at night. I used it during the day as well though.

=========== Mixability/taste 9/10==========

This protein blended just fine. I had the vanilla flavor and it was just fine as well. Nothing odd to report in this section.

============ Side Effects ===============

I did have an increase in gas. I haven't had many casein proteins but it seemed to do that to me. Other than that I had no side effects.

============= Value 8/10 =============

On their site it is selling for 28 bucks. I am sure thats not the cheapest place to buy it though. That would come out to just barely over a dollar per serving (not counting shipping). Not bad considering the quality of this product.

============== Conclusion =============

I will keep this product in mind when looking for a protein for my stack in the future. I think Nutrabio is a very ethical company that can be trusted in an industry that has lost a lot of credibility. I would recommend that you take a look at their products next chance ya get.

3.0
        December 16, 2013

What's up SR?

I have an interesting product to review today. XFA has been getting a lot of attention around here lately and I was given the opportunity to try it and log/review it. So I would like to thank the guys Molecular Nutrition for this chance.

============= Background ==============

What's up SR?

============= Background ==============

While taking XFA I was on a recomp. I wasn't really watching my macros closely or anything just tried to eat healthy and stay active. I didn't stick to any kind of lifting routine either. At the beginning of the cycle I was focusing on higher weight and lower reps but near the end I switch back to higher reps and lower weights.

Beginning 1 rep max

Bench: 225lbs
      Squat: Around 285 (didn't actually max but that is the most I had done)
      Deadlift: 315lbs

Around the middle of my cycle I maxed out and here are the numbers:

Bench: 245
      Squat: Same (knee problems)
      Deadlift: 400lbs

These numbers might look a little strange or inflated but I had taken about an 8 month break from working out before this summer and I was still getting comfortable with heavy weights so that definitely needs to be taken into consideration.

============== Profile ================

XFA contains Vitamin E, C and magnesium as well as a blend of Arachnid Acid, Omega 3, and Boswella Seretta Resin. I am not going to rate this section but I don't like the fact that it has a blend. Arachnid Acid is already unknown and mysterious sounding as it is.

=============== Dosing ===============

I played a little with the dosing/timing (as usual) and I ended up just taking 4 right before my workout and that worked as well as any other method I tried.

=============Effectiveness 9/10===============

This product really works. When I first heard of it I was like "huh? Arachnid acid? that is complete garbage". But after giving it a go, I have been educated. I was able to maintain my weight but gain a noticeable amount of muscle. I would get a weird pump about 15 minutes after taking XFA almost like I had just worked out.

The best way to tell if this stuff is working is the DOMS. The first bottle of this stuff I would stay sore for at least 3 days after each workout. It was almost like I could workout half as much as before and get the same results. But the thing is that even if I wanted to workout the same amount, I couldn't physically do it.

==============Side Efects 7/10===============

I know that most people don't mind the DOMS or even like it but for me it isn't always good. I'm a dairy farmer and it really made things difficult some days. I didn't have any joint pain that I can attribute to XFA but I was having knee problems that have given me trouble before. I am a week or so out of my cycle though and I am still having trouble with the knee so I don't think XFA was the problem. All that being said, the 7 is really just for the DOMS if you can call it a side.

===============Value 3/10==============

This is the main problem I have with XFA. I know that if you compare prices with other Arachnid acid products it is about the same as Animal test but doesn't have the test boosting/estrogen blocking ingredients like test. Then you have X-gels. X-gels are a little bit cheaper but don't have the other "goodies" that are in XFA.
      I haven't tried Animal test or x-gels but I feel like XFA lacks something at the price it is going for.

============== Conclusion =============

I am not going to try to sway anyone to buy this product but I for sure have nothing bad to say other than the price. It is effective and it is expensive. Thats the bottom line. If you are wanting to try arachnid acid, I would do lots of research and find the product that fits for you.

December 2, 2013

• Full Disclosure Of Ingredients
        I would like to thank the folks at Nutrabio for giving me the opportunity to try this product for free. This company has impressed me a lot and although this particular product did not get high marks, I was still very sad to get that last scoop out. I will explain why in the review.

============= Profile 8/10 ==============

============= Profile 8/10 ==============

Although I do think this product could be revamped, there are a lot of things I like about it. It has a lot of stuff that don't actually have anything to do with N.O. levels as far as I know of but they are beneficial for endurance and recovery. I think instead of Arginine AKG a gram of Agmatine would be more effective.

Also, in this category you have to discuss the full disclosure of ingredients. Even the amount of sweetener and flavorings. I am not going to list all the certifications of quality that this company is associated with for that manufactiong but its a long, impressive list.

=========== Taste/Mixability 10/10 ===========

I had the kiwi strawberry. It was not a strong flavor but just enough to get the job done. I always enjoyed drinking it.

===========Effectiveness 7/10 ============

This is a very difficult category to review but I gave it a 7/10 in large part due to the lack of pump I got from this. But thats not all this product does. It also helps with endurance, recovery, and power. The first time I used it I got a huge rush from the beta tingles. Its difficult to rate the recovery from this because I was taking X-factor advanced as well. So DOMS were pretty bad.

===============Value 6/10=============

On their site it goes for $40. And if you take it as directed it will only last you 15 days as they tell you to take 2 scoops a day even if you do not workout that day. I feel like I was being generous by giving a 6 but I only took 1 scoop on non-workout days. If you wanted to only take it as a no-stim PWO you could just take it prior to a workout and get more servings out of it obviously.

==============Overall 7/10==============

I think this product could use a little tweaking or maybe marketed more as a no-stim PWO. I really like the company and feel like if you are looking for a trustworthy company to buy from, this is your best bet. With recalls on supps and ridiculous marketing in the industry it gets to be frustrating but Nutrabio is really a light on a hill haha.