bicketybam

• Reputation is very low. (+4)
  • Member was only active for less than a day, and was last online 6 years ago

• Adequate Taste
  • Good Pump
  • Increased Strength
  • Some May Find It Lacking The Stimulants Of The Competition
This is my first review on this site. I had received some free samples of another PW ang googled it to see if it was worth trying. While I was here, I decided to check the reviews on the PW I am currently taking and saw that there was only one. Since I have been taking this for 4 weeks now, I figured I would relay my experience.

14 years ago I used to weight train on a regular basis. Back then, I was turned on to a supplement called creatine and I bought it from EAS. I did a loading phase and then took it regularly prior to lifting (mixed it with grape juice). It worked incredibly well and it helped me break through every plateau I had. I eventually stop weight training and that was that.

Fast forward to a few months ago when I decided to start seriously weight training again. First thing I did was to try and find this creatine I had taken years before. I soon came to find out that there are a zillion different creatine products. I decided to start with EAS since I was familiar with them. That led me to the Phos Force product.

Dosage recommendation is two scoops in 8 oz of water, to be taken 30-60 min before your workout. It says up to 2 doses may be taken per day. For the first 2 weeks I used 4 scoops prior to workout. I also would take it 20 minutes prior - not 30 to 60. It is a but tough to mix. Make sure you put the powder into water and not the water into a bottle containing the powder. That will lead to Phos Force rock candy. I mix it the night before using room temp water. Once it is mixed as best as it can, I put it in the fridge. Even at that, expect to have to rinse some granules out after you down the initial drink. Taste is average. Not great and not terrible (fruit punch).

EAS states that 2 scoops contain the caffeine equivalent of a cup of coffee. From what I understand, this is nothing compared to some other pre-workouts. If you are looking for something to get you all amped up, this isn't the stuff. However, I find it to be perfect for me. I get up at 5:10 am, and I am at the gym by 5:40 am. This stuff makes me feel awake and ready to lift, but not jittery or hypertensive.

It took 2 weeks of pre-loading, but the pump I now get from just 2 scoops is very impressive. I record all my sets, reps and weights, so I know how much this has helped. I will say that I do not have anything to compare it to, but so far it has been just what I expected.

To date, I have no experience any side effects, other than gas. But it's not so bad and I can wait until I on my way home to blast away. I also end my workouts with 35 minutes of cardio. I drink a ton of water while I am weight training, so I have no ill effects during my cardio. I can tell you my upper legs/thighs/glutes feel like granite when I am done.

In conclusion, I gave this product all 7's because I am sure there is something else better. I am just inexperienced with today's supplements. The cost seemed fair at $1.25 for 2 scoops. One tub will last 2 weeks (one week if you take 2 servings per day). If you are new to PW supplements, or weight training in general, this would be a good one to start with. Also, if you are not looking for a ton of stimulants, this is also a good bet. I am very happy with the product and I will continue to use it.

Overall
Overall
  October 15, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • Rapid Recovery
  • Helps With Good Diet
  • A Little Pricy But Worth It
  • Serving Size Too Much
I am going to keep this short. First, I just got back into weight training, so I do not have anything to compare this to. I've been taking this product for 4 weeks and I don't plan on stopping. That said, I will give you my impressions.

Mixability - I use a blender and I have no issues.

Taste - I use the chocolate and I think it tastes awesome. I look forward to drinking this after my workout and will also use it as a meal supplement on the weekends.

Mixability - I use a blender and I have no issues.

Recovery - I just started working out after a 14 year layoff and I have been pushing myself. I should be extremely sore the next day and I am not. I have to think this product has something to do with that. It allows me to lift as heavy as I can without the fear of being crippled the next day. A little sore? Yes. But nothing like I have experienced in the past.

Side effects - made me really gassy in the beginning. And it was the really smelly type of gas. But it completely went away after a week.

Value - As others have said, it's pricey. I only take 2 scoops. 40 grams of protein is more than enough for me. Honestly, it is a good value for me because I really like the product.