bhurd

• Easy On The Stomach
  • Stamina Increase
  • Doesnt Mix The Best
  • Never Mixes With Water
I got this creatine free as a promotiong on bb.com for buying a 5lb tub of ISO-100. If not for that I would not have bought this on its own, nor would I.

This is your old school regular Mono Creatine. The thing I can appreciate about this brand is that, it is processed to 180 microns. Which in turn makes this a very fine creatine (doesn't mean it mixes well I'll rate that later.) This looks like sugar (good thing, helps absorption), where I've seen others that look like chalk and clumpy.

There's not a whole lot to Monohydrate Creatine that is hidden. It helps ATP which is what helps your muscles contract and keep the energy for contractions high(er). Whenever/whatever mono creatine you consume, you'll always want about a gallon of water a day. Nothing less than 64 fl oz. for sure. with that being said...

Effectiveness 7.5/10

Didn't notice a substantial amount of strength compared to not even using it. I've used several other creatines and my favorite being any Creapure Mono (not blended). This did what I expected from it but nothing special. No noticable muscle size increase. Just helped me get the extra rep or 2 at the end of each set.

Pumps/vascularity 5/10

Didn't get any good pumps or enhanced vascularity while using this. Not even a water bloat pump. (I know its just creatine, just saying though.)

Side-Effects 8.5/10

I've heard people complaining of kidney pain, and stomach problems on this. I never notice any side's from any creatine other than minor bloating. If you're getting kidney pains simply up the water intake and drop creatine use to workout days only.

Price 10/10

Of course anything for free is great. If you can get this for free and you're in need of creatine, why not. This will suffice for a month. You can stretch it to 60 days @ 5g, but I take 10g for 30 days. Works better for me (with this brand anyways.)If you can find it for under $10 including shipping, then grab it. But while ON Creatine (creapure) is going for under $10-15 I'll take that anyday.

Taste 8.5/10

Unflavored. I typically take the 2 scoops to the head and wash it down with grape juice. (that means I ingest 2 scoops orally, without first mixing it in a liquid substance lol) So if I had to rate it that way, then I say it's gritty and dry tasting (duh). No lingering after taste though so thats nice.

Mixability 7.3/10

I sometimes mix this in the morning with my protein shake. Makes it more gritty and it does sink to the bottom, so you have to shake/stir it and then drink it while its still swirling in your glass/shaker to get the most out of it. Unless your he type that takes drinks of their shake instead of just pounding it, in that case you have to shake/stir prior to each drink. (whack)

Overall 7.9/10

Not a bad deal for free. Nothing special to it, just plain old Mono. No real big advantage in this compared to not using it at all. Did help me get the last rep or 2 in the set but thats about it. Better ones out there for about the same price, but like I said before, if its free go for it.

P.s. No other supps were taken while I was using this, other than whey protein.

April 28, 2012

• Less Soreness Upon Waking
  • Helped Recovery
  • Great All Around
  • Helps Prevent Hunger During Sleep
  • More Expensive Than Whey But Understandably.
  • A Little Gritty
This product does what it's suppose to do. I love this when I don't feel like having cottage cheese. Or if I would rather have something "tastier" than plain cottage cheese.

Gold Standard Casein Protein is not the best tasting CASEIN protein I've ever tasted. But it definately works.

I take it just before bed. When I wake up. I can always feel the difference in my muscles and stomach. 99% of the time when I take this, I can eat a hearty and healthy breakfast. Normally I cant eat very much when I wake up, not sure why but I feel bloated and full when I wake up after only dinner.

Ju...

Just some really GENERAL info for those of you that don't know what casein is, here you go. It is a slow digestive protein, meaning, that when you ingest it, it delivers "energy/nutrion" to your muscles throughout the night. This way, you're not feeding off your muscles during your 8 hour fasting phase while you're sleeping for energy. In other words, its like your still eating, every 2-4 hours even while you're sleeping.

In Optimum Nutrion's 100% Casein Protein, there is 24g protein, 120 cal, 1g fat, 3g carbs. A pretty decent amino acid profile on the label and only 10mg of cholesterol.

Taste 7/10:

Tastes really thick even with 12oz of water, anything past 12oz just makes it watery and chalky. Not too bad once you take it for about 2 weeks. Also, I use just a shaker cup for about 25 seconds.

Effectiveness 8/10:

Compared to cottage cheese, definately can replace it, it amps up appetite upon waking, but it is way more expensive in comparison. tase better than cottage cheese too. Definately works though.

Value 7/10: Not as pricey as others compared to effectiveness. But when you compareit to cottage cheese, its pricey.

Mixability 8/10: Other than the chalky taste, it mixes well with just a shaker cup. After all, it is casein. It is to be expected. (thickness, chalky taste)

Overall 9/10: mainly because, if you find the deals ON offers, you can really get this for a great price and it works. I would highly recommend this as a SUPPLEMENT to anyone who's looking for something other than cottage cheese, and a higher protein profile along with good aminos.

I do feel better when I wake up in the morning after taking this for whatever reason.

April 23, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Effective
  • Awesome Price
  • A Lot Better Focus
  • Minimal Ingredients
  • Clean Feeling Of Energy
  • Taste Wasnt To Bad
  • No Fillers
  • Dosage Instruction Need Improvement
This was my first Pre supp ever, So my ratings are a little biased but, the effects of this supp is no lie.

The active ingredients are Arginine Alpha-Ketolutarate, Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, caffeine, 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCl, Schisandra Chineensis(berry) Extract (standardized for Schizandrol A).

I took this supp on an empty stomach 30-15 mins prior to my workout. I followed the dosage on the label. It says after so long to go up to three scoops. I never went past 1, after I tried 2 scoops.

I found that using 2 full scoops gave me the jitters, probably because I dont eat before I workout. (I have a very slow metabolism, and I want the blood in my muscles not my stomach digesting food for hours.) And because I only took this when I didn't have enough motivation to get to the gym. (took me 8 months to finish the tub.)

On just one scoop of this product, I did notice I had great concentration and focus in the gym, and while running. I absolutely hate running, but when I would take this, I felt very euphoric and half the time forget I was running. It probably gave me an extra 1/2 mile boost to mile 1.5 mile run. I seem to be way more self-motivated on this. However towards the end of the tub, I started taking it more regularly, (2-3 weeks, 4x/week) and I did notice that the euphoric, self motivated effects weren't as strong, so u can work your up to 3 scoops if taken regularly. I try not to rely on stims for motivation.

While working out on this, I didn't notice much increase in size or pumps. It may bebcause it kept my endurance up, and I could workout a lot longer without fatigue, and I don't typically like going over 1.5 hour wokrouts. Im sure there is a science as to why the pumps weren't coming as quick, but im not going to attempt to explain what i think it may be. lol

Overall 9/10: Good price for good results.

Taste 8/10: White blue Raspberry was pretty good tarty flavor. No bad lingering after taste.

Effects 9/10: First Pre I've taken. Nice Euphoric and motivational feelings from this with no crash at all. I never felt addicted to it, but like I said, never took it more than 3 weeks straight. If you do get addicted its the caffeine more than likely, and just slowly come off of it by taking less scoops towards the end. Caffeine withdraw is a horrible withdraw. Killer headaches, vomiting dizziness.

I should also add I cant contribute getting gains to this, because as I'm sure it helped, I eat and supp and ton of protein. Not a whole lot of Creatine in this either, so no problems with bloating.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good Pre supp, at a good price.

April 23, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Increase
  • Muscle Size Increase
  • Strength Gains
  • Helps Tone
  • Tastes Great
  • Serving Size Too Much
  • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!
  • A Little Pricy But Worth It
  • Price
  • Very Pricy
I Love this protein! First things first, the price is unbelievably to high for this, but it does work. I mean after all, all the protein by GNC is made by Optimum Nutrion.

Taste 9/10: Have tried cookies and cream, chocolate, and vanilla. I think it actually taste better that 100% Gold Standard to be honest.

Mixability 10/10: Mixes just fine with a spoon and a glass.

Mixability 10/10: Mixes just fine with a spoon and a glass.

Effectiveness 9/10: It says to use 3 scoops for 60g protein. I never do that anymore, I used 2 for 40g. Plus it makes it last a little bit longer. I Did try the three scoops and it didn't make a difference in my strength gains. I did notice I put on mass fairly quickly and strength gains did go up.

I love the fact that it has 7.7g Leucine in it along with ~4g of Glutamine. (Per serving)

7g carbs, 280cal 1g fat.

Have to admit if this wasn't so expensive, this would be my go to protein.

Overall
Overall
0.0
  April 22, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Youre 40 Bucks Poorer
    • You Can See Pills In Your Poo(unless Think Thats A Good Thing)
    • It Doesnt Do Anything For You
    • Price
    • No Gains
    • You Have To Crush The Pill First
    • Never Worked
    First and foremost, let me start by saying that I gave this a comple goose egg because MY body would not digest this.

I cannot say anything about this product except:

I took this product with plenty of water roughly 64 oz. and typically drank grape juice to get it down. After about 3 weeks I was not noticing any kind of anything whatsoever. For some reason I looked in the bowl after i took a duece, and low and behold there it was...the white pill I had thought I was using.

I cannot say anything about this product except:

By then I didnt feel right returning the bottle thinking the sales person wouldn't believe me so I just finished the bottle (noting changed by the end of the bottle) but I let him know what happened. He said he never heard that before (good thing I didn't try to get my money back)

For this reason I can only give it a zero. I've heard that others have had possitvie effects on this supp.

Use at your own discretion!

April 22, 2012

• Low Cals And Carbs
    • Lactose Free
    • Mixes Well
    • Great Product
    • Little Pricey
    This supplement is one of my top favorite proteins and I have tried multiple brands and types.

This one I found my body responds very well too. For starters, I love the fact its bioavailability is very high, almost all of the scoop is pure protein. It totals up to 85% protein per scoop, 24g protein. There is only 1.5g of carbs per scoop, which is good for the dieting lifter. 0g of Fat, Cholesterol, and Sugar. Another key thing to look at is the first ingredient is 100% hydrolized whey isolate protein, which is what you want to look for, for fast delivery to your muscles immediately after your workouts.

To sum up Id put it like this

Taste: 10/10 I buy the cookies and cream and gourmet vanilla I switch every other tub.

Mixability 10/10: I use water always, and follow the directions, 4oz/scoop. I've never had a problem with clumping and all I use is a spoon and a glass, Tastes too rich to me with even 1% milk. But you can expierence for yourself. The cookie crumbles normally sink to the bottom, and actually taste like cookie crumbs not some nasty powdery substance.

Effectiveness 8/10: I give it an 8 because there is really no bcaa's or added creatine to the supplement. Just good ol' hydrolized whey.

Side Effects: 10/10 Obviously its just whey protein, not really heard of side effects with a protein powder. I could only suggest don't rely soley on protein powders for your main source it is exactly what they are called supplements. Get as much lean meat source protein as possible and drink up, water that is.

Price 9/10: With protein it is true for the most part, you get what you pay for. This isn't too expensive. You can normally find good deals on it just look around, I typically use bb.com.

Overall 9/10: I would suggest this protein to anyone asking where to find a great one. A little pricey but like I said you get what you pay for. Great tasting, effective high bioavailability protein. Defintely worth trying at least once.

No im not affiliated with this company, nor have I recieved anything whatsoever to review this product or any other brands. Just a bodybuilding enthuisiast.