bctuthill

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by bctuthill

Thanks to Robinhood Supplements for sending it out!
  February 14, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Anti-inflammatory Benefits
  • Seemingly Unprofessional Product

I'm loving the onslaught of new CBD products in the market, but Robinhood Supplements will need to work on this one a bit before I think it can legitimately take off.

CBD's are the biggest supplement to hit the industry in quite a while and with good cause considering their extensive nootropic and anti-inflammatory characteristics. Because of this, I was excited to try Robinhood's iteration of CBD drops when they became available.

I have a bad left knee that constantly bothers me and CBDs have worked in the past so it was my hope I'd see the same effect with these.

Lately I've been changing my workouts a bit to become more cardio-oriented and incorporate more body weight exercises that I hoped would lead to better joint health. I usually am in the gym first thing in the morning for an hour, 5 days per week.

As far as I can tell this is just CBD oil in what seems to be a non-CBD oil substrate. CBD is the non-psychoactive ingredient derived from cannabis.

Taste: Not good. This seems like a very amateur attempt at creating a CBD dropper. It tasted like oily grass and was really unappealing.

Mixability: NA

Dosing: Robinhood uses a dropper method to ingest their product, which turned out to be very difficult to fill from the bottle. I tried taking this at night initially but it was really gross. After a few days of just dealing with it, I decided to go a different route. What I did was melted some butter, added the product to the butter, then poured it in a ramekin and let it cool into a spread again. From there I typically used an average butter slice amount nightly, added to my vegetables or bread-- whatever could use butter. This was much more palatable but did away with any ability to really measure and dose accurately.

I did notice a slight improvement in my knee pain while taking this, but it paled in comparison to the transdermal products I'd used in the past. I wasn't really thrilled about the dosing options I faced after trying this a few times. Once I added it to the butter it was easier to ingest, but it made me feel like a pot head adding my weed butter to my dinner-- even though this has no psychoactive effects. Besides the knee pain dissipating slightly I wasn't aware of any obvious nootropic effects. I think the dosing was too low to have a major effect on anything.

According to their website, Robinhood supplements is currently only accepting orders on a case by case basis. Therefore I am not certain of the market price and it's value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Yes to CBD's but no to this one at this time. I hope Robinhood can refine their process a bit further to create a worthy product, but they just aren't there yet. Until they are, I will not be repurchasing.

I'd like to thank them for letting me try this anyway though; it's always a pleasure and I hope they are more successful than I think they are positioned to be currently.

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.4
Thanks to Universal for sending it out!
  February 12, 2019

• Good Ingredient Profile
  • Horse Pills
  • A Little Expensive

A sizable bag of pills with intimidating size to fulfill all your nutrient needs. Not for the faint of heart or those who gag easily.

Universal Animal Paks are the rusty dingy gym of the supplement world. You won't find a sauna or tanning beds here, but there's plenty of iron and determination. It has everything you need but your girl won't be interested in coming with you.

Truth be told, I'd tried this before these came up on the TROOPs dash. I was probably 17 though, so 16 years later I didn't feel as though I was cheating the system. From what I remembered then, not much has changed-- which was exactly what I hoped for. Animal Paks were a gateway supplement for me; and while I think I only used them once before, they'd piqued my interest and shortly thereafter I was in the height of my athletic career while trying to gain an edge on the field by a commitment to the weight room.

Today, my needs are different. I want to stave off viruses from the biological warfare device that sleeps down the hall, keep my energy heightened through boring afternoon meetings and reconciliation reports, while still being able to push and pull more weight than ever.

I'm not going to spend a ton of time in this section-- the ingredient panel is massive. It covers the full spectrum of anything you've seen in a MV before and then some. The only thing really missing is a greens pill I'd say. The first section of the ingredients are your typical MV panel. FOllowing that is the Amino Acid Complex which spans each BCAA/EAA and then goes well beyond that to include others like Aspartic Acid, Arginine, and Glutamine. Next is the Performance Complex which is headlined by a Uni-Liver blend of liver and beef protein isolate. The Anti-Oxidant Complex follows that which includes CoQ10, ALA, and Pine Bark Extract. Last is the Digestive Enzyme Complex. It's a very robust and full-spectrum panel of ingredients.

Taste -None, pill aftertaste is all
Mixability - N/A
Swallow-ability- Pride breaking pills. These things are pretty much all huge and the aren't easy-swallow capsules. Altogether each pack contains 11 pills, about 8 of which are as big a pill as you've ever seen.
Dosing - Taken daily with lunch. This ensures digestion is triggered and improves absorption.

Multivitamins are tough to measure, but I think Animal Paks work about as well as anything on the market. It definitely gave me a bit more energy in the afternoon than I normally had prior to taking it or after finishing. It meant another coffee wasn't always necessary which further helped me sleep at bed time. I also noticed my joints felt a bit better, though I'm not sure what's responsible for that... maybe the pine bark? And, I managed to stay pretty healthy all things considered. My son has literally been sick since thanksgiving and I don't think there's anything that could get me out of all of that, but the little bugs I did seem to pick up during my run just came and went within a few days, so I can't complain. As for the weight room effects, I'd say the biggest benefit was that it seemed to be easier to wake-up each morning and get to the gym. I had a heightened sense of natural energy that was consistent throughout the day.

The best price I was able to find was $22 for 30 servings. I would normally look to pay less for a MV, but considering the content of Animal Paks I believe the price to be fair. I'm just not sure that the results vs. price ratio is in their favor. If I were a professional athlete it might be different, but a grown man clinging to glory makes it harder to justify versus things with a more noticeable impact.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I say try it. It's going to work; you don't stick around this long by producing garbage products. This is an old-school product and it has produced reliable results for a long, long time to many, many people.

February 5, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • Electrolytes
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Occasional Mixability Issues
  • Little Pricey

What's the most important thing after picking up the weights? Putting them down and giving your body what it needs to recover. RELOAD makes that easy and if you can afford it, will help you hit new records on a more regular basis.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending this out to me. I apologize that I'm just getting in this review on time by the skin of my teeth. Next to a pre-workout to get me up and moving early in the morning, supplements aimed at improving recovery are my favorites to try. NutraBio is iconic when it comes to quality, so when the opportunity arose to try this, I jumped at the chance. While taking it my lift schedule changed a bit. I had been going 6x weekly until recently, but now because of conflicting schedules I'm stuck with a Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday split. I also play flag football on Monday nights in a league that's way too intense for a bunch of washed up old guys, but still a lot of fun. FFB is also what tends to cause me the most soreness.

RELOAD is, well, loaded. It breaks down into four main categories, all of which are fully disclosed. First is the Anabolic Growth BCAAs (8g). NutraBio uses the standard 2:1:1 ratio, and invested in using naturally fermented and vegan Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. Next up is the Muscle Recovery Accelerator (7.5g) which is comprised of Glutamine (5g), Carnitine (1.5g), Ornithine (500mg), and Glycine (500mg). This section is interesting. Glutamine stores deplete quickly in rigorous training and NutraBio provides a full Kyowa quality dose to replenish your body. Next, Carnitine L-Tartrate is used to help your body use triglycerides for cellular energy instead of carbs. This nicely complements the Ornithine which assists in the same Krebs cycle that the Carnitine is helping provide additional fuel sources for. Next up is the Strength and Endurance Matrix (8.2g), comprised of Betaine (2.5g), Creatine Monohydrate (2.5g), CarnoSyn (1.6g), Malic Acid (1.1g), and MagnaPower Creatine (500mg). This section largely relies on synergy between the ingredients. None of the doses are clinical, but they are effective with one another and well suited for the product. The half dose of Monohydrate is substantiated by the MagnaPower which requires far less to be useful. Last is the Electrolyte & Rehydration Optimizer (1.9g) which consists of Taurine (1.5g), plus calcium, sodium, and potassium phosphates. This one is pretty simple-- electrolytes and Taurine to help shuttle them around the body.

Overall this ingredient panel seems to hit on everything. Muscle recovery, forced water retention, hydration, etc. are all considered.

Taste: I received Passion Fruit and found it to be pretty good. It didn't blow me away and leave me wanting more, but it was tasty enough and more on the tangy side than sweet-- which I prefer.
Mixability: About par for my expectations, maybe a bit below. There was always a bit of cloudy accumulation which needed to be continually shaken. About halfway through a 20 oz serving this would go away.
Dosing: I took this at different times throughout my run. Some days I took it right after working out before my protein shake, other times I'd used it as a drink with my lunch, and others I took it on its own in the afternoon. Overall I think the lunch method was the best application. It seemed to me that taking it with food made it more likely the ingredients would be absorbed compared to the other alternatives I tried. I took it once daily regardless of the specific time.

I found RELOAD to be very useful. After about a week of consistent use I found myself recovering much faster and feeling as though I could attack the same muscle groups on repeat days, even though I never normally feel that way. My endurance in football also noticeably increased and I felt more easily hydrated throughout the day when drinking water. The creatine also seemed to work well and I had an increase in muscle volume after about 2 weeks.

The best price I found online $39.99 for 30 servings. This is significantly more than I would want to pay, but you're getting a lot of value for your dollar. Given the results, I'd consider it worthwhile if you can afford it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I found this to be a great product, and while it is expensive it is far from a rip off. You're getting a lot of value in every bottle and you'll notice positive effects within the first week. I imagine that prolonged use of this product for 90+ days would yield some pretty impressive results if you're also continually pushing yourself.

January 31, 2019

• Carnosyn
  • Gmp And Fda Inspected
  • No Other Ingredients
  • High Quality
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Parasthesia

Beta Alanine is something worth taking if you're an athlete of any kind; it will assist you in pushing through a tough workout, making the 4th quarter feel more like the 2nd, or making the final push at the end of your race. That said, some are better than others and NutraBio represents arguably the industry's best option for this single ingredient product.

What's up SR - this will be a quick one today. It's a simple product applicable across all types of athletics, except the fakers. If you're in the business of exhausting yourself daily, this will be one worth checking out. It's going to help give you that last little bit of effort on each set, helping you make the last few reps or steps as good as the others. Something like this can be brought by many brands, but NutraBio is reliably going to deliver you the highest quality available.

100% Beta Alanine - no flavors, fillers, sweeteners or additives.

Taste: Tasteless. This can be added to any beverage and doesn't seem to change the flavor at all.

Mixability: Other Beta Alanine products I've used in the past have had trouble dissolving but that did not seem to be an issue here. The NutraBio product dissolved fairly well in gatorade or water which were the two solvents I normally used.

Dosing: Beta Alanine isn't something that you take and it just kicks in right away. You might notice a difference after a one time dose but it builds overtime to work better and better. I normally took one scoop in the morning and one in the afternoon with food.

I noticed the effects of this most in my flag-football games. In the gym lately my workouts have been cut short due to scheduling, but the football games are consistently the same amount of time. I found myself having a much easier time keeping up my endurance on long drives and being able to switch from offense to defense without needing a break. It gave my stamina a huge boost and I felt like I was playing at the top of my game more reliably throughout. Unfortunately there didn't seem to be much of an after-effect in improving my recovery time, but that's not really what it's for anyway!

The best price I was able to find for this was $33.99 for 180 servings of 2g. Clinical dose is 3.2 grams, so this bottle allows you to exceed clinical dose at 4mg with 90 servings. That's about $0.33/serving and worth the price all day.

Side Effects

Tingly skin like whoa. This is normal, but I hate it and so do most other people. It usually lasts 15-20 minutes and starts to go away as you begin exercising.

Conclusion

Give it a shot. One container will get you through an entire season for most sports, and the investment in this quality product is low enough that anyone should probably ive it a shot and see how they react. It could be a game changer for you.

Overall
Overall
7.1
  January 23, 2019

• Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • No Prop Blends
  • No Dyes
  • Effective Dosage
  • Initial Mixing Issues

This is a very straightforward BCAA product, with the exception that the ingredients are vegan and naturally fermented. It's essentially a direct, mirroring competitor to Kaged Muscle's BCAAs with fewer servings.

I don't always use BCAAs but when I do I notice the difference in recovery time especially-- or at least I expect to! Coupling that with NutraBio being a top 3 brand within the industry in every category (my opinion), when I saw this on the dash I jumped on it immediately. It's about as vanilla as it gets from NutraBio, with nothing but your normal BCAAs with the added fermented/vegan twist.

What we have in BCAA 5000 is nothing unexpected. 5000 mg of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. This is sweetened with sucralose but there are not any artificial dyes included.

Taste: I received the Grape flavor and found it to be really good. It wasn't overly strong and I often dislike the taste of BCAAs-- not the case here though. In a full 20oz shaker the taste was light and refreshing.
Mixability: Somewhat subpar at first, when shaken the BCAAs tend to form into tiny clusters and only after you've taken a few sips and continued to shake in between do things finally completely dissolve. Smooth sailing from there.
Dosing: I used this twice daily most days, first during my lift and second as a drink at lunch. That's probably the best testament to the flavor... if it didn't taste good I wouldn't wash down a good meal with it.

This definitely had an impact on reducing my muscle soreness and speeding up my recovery, which is the main thing I turn to BCAAs for anyway. It also was useful in limiting rest time between sets it seemed. I didn't notice a difference in muscle growth beyond what is normal and expected. This is mainly just useful for recovery both long and short term, and hydration. It shines in those areas.

The best price I found for this was $29.99 for 60 servings. I think that's good but would actually prefer NutraBio's intrablast at twice the price for the full spectrum of BCAA/EAAs instead. That could just be me, but I always have better results when taking the full spectrum of amino acids.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall NutraBio delivered on this as expected. It's high quality, with no bells or whistles, and tastes good. If I were in the market for BCAAs as a standalone I'd probably look here first and have already directed others to try this product and received good feedback. Thank you NutraBio for the patience on this review and opportunity to try it.

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  January 17, 2019

• Premium Ingredients
  • Decent Taste
  • Insane Pump
  • A Bit Pricey

I want to apologize to Alpha Lion for the delay in this review. Recent changes to the site have seemingly belittled the value of reviews written here in a supposed response to SEO changes on Google. It's not fair to the brands participating but this took away a lot of my motivation to get this written in a timely manner. I've long thought about starting a company of my own in the supplement industry and since starting up as an SR.com TROOPer it's always been my plan to begin here, if I begin at all. The reviewers on this site are knowledgeable and reliable, at least for the most part. Products have been claimed and neglected, never reviewed, and that's inexcusable; but to my knowledge there is no better platform for a new company to enter the market and gain quick notoriety for having a quality product. We have a base of readers and participants that span the globe, as well as many brands who are proud to advertise their product's SR.com ratings in their own marketing because they know what they get here is real feedback, no BS. This site should be figuring out how to work what it does into Google's algorithms to increase SEO presence, not removing core functions of the site to cater to a platform that's been exposed for bias at many levels. Most of the people who read reviews and participate here know there is an effort to limit access to supplements in the market, the motive of which is debatable and surrounded by conspiracy theories. At the end of the day, if someone is looking for supplement reviews they'll find their way here.

Alpha Lion has knocked it out of the park with this one. SuperHuman is a well rounded product that will get you pumped up going into the gym and provide steady energy to last through even the toughest workouts. As someone who tends to lift early in the morning, I always take a PWO to get myself moving and this one left me more than satisfied. I'm looking forward to buying this again but hope that they plan to expand their flavor offerings soon.

Super Human breaks down the ingredients into 5 sections, based on intent. First is the Energy Matrix which includes (350mg) caffeine citrate and anhydrous, (100mg) 2-aminoisoheptane aka DMHA, and (75mg) N-Methyl Tyramine HCl. The latter two ingredients are great and both will aid in not only increasing energy but will often have a positive impact on mood. Many companies are moving away from DMHA due to health concerns, but my experiences with it have been great and I hope we see that trend start to fizzle out. Next is the Pump Matrix headlined by (7000mg) Citrulline Malate, and followed by (150mg) VASO6, (1000mg) taurine, (750mg) nitrosigine, and (60mg) Norvaline. The combination of the CM with VASO6 and Nitrosigine was fantastic. Everything in here is effectively dosed, and all of the ingredients play well off of each other. Taurine is a great add because it will help prevent cramping from the extreme pumps you'll be getting. The Norvaline should play a similar role as well. Next is the Strength Matrix, which could also be considered the Endurance Matrix and includes (3500mg) Beta Alanine and (200mg) Betaine Anhydrous. This dose of Beta Alanine exceeds the clinical dose and both ingredients will be effective in limiting recovery time and allowing you to work harder with less immediate muscle pain. Next is the Anti-Crash "Matrix" of one ingredient: (350mg) Theanine. A great dose and something that will limit an energy spike and jitters from all the stimulants, effectively allowing them to work for a longer period of time. Last is the Absorption Matrix with (10mg) of black pepper extract. If I had to have a gripe over anything with this product, this would probably be it. Black Pepper Extract is fine, but Astragin is more effective in my opinion. We're splitting hairs though.

Dose: 10 minutes before working out, on my way in every morning around 4:15am.
Mixability: Above average, some suspended particles but no clumps, easy to consume but might need some shaking/swirling with each sip.
Taste: I receivedHulk Juice and it was overall pretty good. It's essentially sour patch kid flavored and they were right on the money, not too sweet, not too sour. Probably the best attempt at this flavor of the 3 others I've tried to-date (Total War and Batch 27). It's something I do get sick of pretty quickly though, but who really drinks PWOs for their awesome flavor anyway? Nobody.

Super Human was awesome. Within 10 minutes I was feeling awake, no cobwebs. By the time I was done with my 10 minute elliptical warm-up I was jacked up and ready to lift. I didn't experience any chest tightness from the heavy amount of stimulants, but I was full of energy. I could stay tuned in and focused throughout my entire workout regardless of whether it was 45 minutes or two hours. I hit some PRs on the bench press and was able to incorporate more supersets into my lift while still having limited fatigue from doing so. After my lift I never experienced any real crash either. The pumps were awesome and I saw a big improvement in both vascularity and muscle fullness during my lifts. Overall I'm very happy with it.

Super Human is on the pricier side at $39.99 for 21 servings at suppz.com. You can find a 10% offcoupon through price plow as well to drop it slightly to $35.99. Overall I'm OK with the price though. You're really getting a lot in here and there are literally no filler ingredients. Everything serves its purpose and does so well.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'd like to see Alpha Lion expand and think they warrant more attention. They did a great job with this product and I hope to see them in more stores very soon. If you're on the hunt for a new PWO I would definitely recommend considering this and giving it a try. Thank you again to the company- great job with this!

December 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure
  • Smooth Energy
  • Versatile
  • Single Purchase Source

This is a versatile product that is useful for just about anyone. Where most products that are similar are essentially an energy drink, this provides legitimate value in helping you recover.

What's up SR- I'm still trying to catch up on here with some of my reviews thanks to a very busy year-end! Today I'm talking about NutraBio's bodybuilding.com exclusive: EAA Energy.

I've written reviews for similar products in the past, and I am a big fan of this category, but this one takes the cake. Most others offer trace measurements of the ingredients you need for recovery, and are really only useful for the caffeine kick-- essentially an over glorified energy drink or cup of coffee. Not the case here. NutraBio, per usual, decided to step it up a notch compared to the comp.

The ingredient profile in EAA energy is fairly straight forward. To begin, we have an 8.2g panel of BCAA/EAAs that are fermented and micronized. The BCAAs represent 6g of this in a 2:1:1 ratio. The remaining and oft forgotten EAAs are an essential complement with much lower measurements, but effective nonetheless. If you've only ever taken BCAAs I'd encourage you to try this or really any other product that offers the full spectrum of essential and branch chain amino acids. I guarantee you'll see a difference in your recovery time.

Following this we have 1.2g of Taurine, I assume to aid in blood flow and thus recovery; 600mg of L-Alanine, a non-essential amino acid (meaning it can be produced within the body); 500mg of CocoPure Coconut Water Powder to aid in hydration; 100mg of Infinergy yielding 75mg of caffeine, and 79mg of PurCaf organic green tea extract yielding another 75mg of caffeine. To aid in absorption there is 50mg of AstraGin, which in my opinion is far superior to the standard bioperine/black pepper extract.

Taste: I received Cherry Limeade, and like most NutraBio flavors, found it to be pretty good. It was a good balance of tangy and sweet, and not overpowering by any means. I've always shied away from lime and lemon flavors because they're tough to get right, but NutraBio did a good job with this.

Mixability: I had no issues here, compared to other similar products. After the initial shake there would be a bit of settling, but after a few minutes everything seemed to dissolve. I normally drank this with 16oz. of water.

Dosing: For me, this was most useful in the afternoons. It gave me a pickup in substitute of a cup of coffee, and it helped me increase my intake of amino acids. My wife, however, stole a few scoops as a preworkout and then went and bought her own tub. She's been enjoying using it for that.

For an energy drink, this was superb for me. The caffeine lasted about 3 hours but was never intense. I have a fairly high tolerance but not as high as others on this site. I wouldn't be able to use this as a PWO like my wife was able to, but it certainly kept me rolling in the office and being productive. I also noticed it seemed to have a positive impact on reducing my muscle soreness, always a plus. I can't say if it helped me much with hydration since I am constantly drinking water throughout the day, but it certainly couldn't have hurt!

At $29.99 on bodybuilding.com, EAA energy is about $1/serving. I'm fine with this. It's effective and while slightly more expensive than similar products, it blows them away in comparison.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're a fan of AminoEnergy by OptimumNutrition, go buy a bottle of this next time you run out. I'd give ON a slight edge in the flavor department but that edge is razor thin, whereas you're in a whole different division when it comes to the actual ingredients that will help you recover in EAA Energy. This is a superior product from a superior company. I hope they come out with an all natural version because they did a great job doing that with their pre and intra workout products already.

Go buy!

Overall
Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  December 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Mixability
  • Convenient
  • Benefits Of Whey Protein And A Cup Of Joe

I'm always trying to up my protein intake; I'm also struggling to stay awake far too often. Could this be my stone for killing two birds? That was my hope when I picked it up on the TROOPs Dash and I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint. It's versatile and handy to have around. Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for letting me give it a shot!

Hi Everyone- As I mentioned in the summary, I often find myself struggling to hit my macros and also to stay awake-- particularly at the end of the day. This product looked like it could help me in both categories so I decided to give it a go. It isn't the first protein + caffeine combo I've used, but it may have proven itself to be the most effective. It boasts a respectable ingredient panel along with easy to follow macros that will fit easily into most regiments. Let's see how it did...

Protein Coffee Drink Mix's (creative name) ingredient panel is interesting and handy. In each serving you get 20g of protein and only 2.5g of fat (.5 saturated), 7g of carbs, and 3g of sugar (0g added)-- all within 130k/cal total. Each scoop also hits you with 120mg of caffeine-- the equivalent of about 2 cups of coffee! If that wasn't enough already, you also have a panel of vitamins and minerals to go with it all. None of these are worth going into depth on since they are all 30% of your daily recommended intake or less (most are 20%), but it's a well rounded panel nonetheless.

What I really appreciated was that the first three ingredient are whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and coffee. There was no soy in this product besides the lecithin. If they used soy protein it would be game over, but instead they invested in quality ingredients. Kudos there.

This is sweetened with sucralose, which I prefer, but many others avoid.

The taste of this was pretty great. When mixed on its own it could sometimes taste a bit chemical-ly but not overbearingly so. Mixability overall was very good and only resulted in small chunks when done in a shaker.

The best preparation method for this seemed to be adding it to milk and ice in the blender. The result was arguably indistinguishable from a Frappuccino. ... I think. I don't drink very many Frappuccinos, but I imagine them to be sweet and easy on the palate... like this.

Other ways I prepped it were with a scoop of chocolate casein and another time with a scoop of salted caramel whey. When prepared as written above, these recipes were all quite tasty.

This is the 3rd or 4th protein/caffeine combo I've used. I'd say it actually takes the crown of them all. This would actually provide me a boost in energy whereas others struggled in that department. Also, the fact that isolate is the primary ingredient makes it a really clean way to up my protein intake. I could never use this as a sole protein source and therefore can't attest to it's individual impact on muscle growth and DOMs, but in the scheme of tracking how much protein I'm ingesting, this made it easier and tastier than normal.

The best price I could find this was for $29.99 plus $15.99 for shipping from Amazon. That's really a nonstarter for me considering you're only getting 14 servings. If it were free shipping I might be able to justify the price there since it provides more than your standard cup of coffee and would then cost about the same, but at $45... I can't. This product is very hard to find though, and maybe once it's proliferated a bit you'll see the price drop accordingly.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I say give it a shot if you can find it without the shipping charge. As far as protein coffee goes this one is great, and it's an awesome follow up to a morning lift or a great way to fit in some macros + energy in the afternoon. The taste is superb and won't leave you unhappy.

Thanks again to Muscle Nutrition for sending this out!

Overall
Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
  October 30, 2018

• Mental Focus
  • Tricky Serving Size

This is a very straight forward supplement. It does one thing and does it well: provide you with reliable, clean, sustained energy.

What's up SR and thank you to Nutrex for shipping this out for feedback.

What's up SR and thank you to Nutrex for shipping this out for feedback.

I'm sure like most of you, the afternoons can become a time warp where everything slows down as your fatigue from the day builds up. I work in an office and a lot of the work I do in the afternoons can tend to be a bit boring, so that is when the early wake-ups start to catch up with me. I'm constantly looking for ways to perk up that doesn't include dehydrating coffee or sugary energy drinks.

Because of this, I was excited to try Outrage when it popped up on the Troops Dash.

Outrage is a 2.25 proprietary blend, which consists of Arginine AKG, Carnosyn, Taurine, NALT, and Caffeine. There's no indication of the caffeine which is one thing that really bugs me. Many companies have started listed caffeine content separately when using prop blends and I think it would be a good idea for Nutrex to do the same. I believe there is inevitably some liability for a company if a buyer consumes too much caffeine as a result of not being told how much a product contains.

Taste was fine across all 4 flavors I received: Green Apple, Fruit Punch, Blue Raspberry, and Lime Margarita. They all have a similarly strong flavor profile to that which you get in a 5 Hour Energy. It's not unpleasant but you certainly wouldn't want to drink any more than a shot of any of them. Because you're drinking such a little amount, it's tough for me to say which ones I liked more or less. There wasn't a noticeably lingering aftertaste to any of them.

Mixability - N/A

Dosing - This was a bit tricky. A serving is half a bottle, as indicated by a little line on the side of the bottle. The problem is I usually drank it right from the container, so dosing became a bit of a guessing game. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less. I think it would be worth considering for Nutrex to make the servings equal to the bottle size without the need to split it into two doses.

Nutrex advertises "hardcore energy rush and intense focus in minutes". That's pretty much spot on. The caffeine hits hard and fast and the Acetyl-L-Tyrosine acts as a worthy nootropic to focus that energy into the task at hand.

As I mentioned earlier, most of the work I save for the afternoon is the busy work... reviewing spreadsheets, data entry, reporting, etc. This can quickly become very tedious and if you stare at a spreadsheet long enough those lines begin to cross. Outrage helped me power through though. If I found myself dragging, I put down the energy shot and within 2-3 minutes I was back at it working faster than when I started.

Overall the energy seemed to last about 3 hours before tapering off. Once it did I would notice a significant dip in energy levels that are common with coming down from caffeine. I think it might be a good idea for Nutrex to add Theacrine to help combat this.

Bodybuilding.com has 12 bottles for $26, a total of $24 servings. You might be able to get a cheap coffee for $1, but any other alternative is going to be far more expensive than this price point and Outrage is simply a better, easier alternative. I think this is a worthwhile price, all day.

Side Effects

Some jitters, but nothing significant. Surprising to see since I am fairly stim tolerant, but caffeine can effect you differently depending on when and how you take it. This would also be helped by the addition of theacrine.

Conclusion

I recommend that anyone give this a shot. It could easily be used as a mild preworkout if you just need a push off the couch, but it is very adaptable to the office, job site, or even to gamers. It might not be best in sports due to jitters, but if dosed slowly it may not be a problem. The bottle is small enough to take anywhere, and easy enough to dose even if you are just eyeballing it like I did.

Thanks again to Nutrex for sending this out; I think I may have a case of these stored in my office in the near future!

Overall
Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
  October 19, 2018

• Felt Stronger
  • Hard Muscles
  • Increased Libido
  • Enhanced Vascularity
  • Increased Sex Drive
  • Better Endurance
  • Pricey

Hades is no joke. You've got anabolics, aromatase inhibitors, cortisol reducers, testosterone support, libido support, immune support, all in one bottle at effective doses. The price tag is high until you consider the benefits and what you would pay trying to get all these benefits in one stack.

What's up SR and thank you to Savage Supplement for this Kick @$$ anabolic agent! I'm a big fan of natural boosters and this one is no exception. I like to cycle on and off of these things, but Hades became available as I was wrapping up another product and I had to jump on it. Despite being taken in the wake of another natural test booster, Hades was noticeably different and improvements at multiple levels were apparent quickly.

Vitamin D - 4000iu - This is a great baseline for testosterone support and muscle growth, helping establish an anabolic environment.
Magnesium Citrate - 150mg - A very important mineral used to transmit messages from your brain to your muscles. Without this you'd seize up!
Zinc - 50mg - Also important for testosterone support, and a great immune system booster
Ashwagandha - 1500mg - A tremendous dose of one of the most important supplements for men to use at all times. Great for libido, testosterone support, and especially stress reduction.
Tribulus P.E. 95% Saponins! - 500mg - The higher the saponins the greater the health benefit for this commonly used ingredient for test and libido boosts. Commonly you'll see 40-60% saponins, so this is a great, highly concentrated ingredient
Indole-3-Carbinol - 150mg - I believe this is included for it's sub-component DIM, which is also included later in the ingredient panel. Often when you have a parent substance that needs to be metabolized it can yield a more potent effect as the body isolates the key ingredient on its own.
Tongkat Ali (Long Jack) - 80mg - Another common test and libido booster that my personal experiences have always found to prove effective at leaning out stubborn areas of body fat.
5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin - 75mg - A plant based steroid with historically low absorption tendencies when taken orally. I've had success with other products containing this and found it to be great for leaning effects, increasing strength, and improving vascularity.
Androsta-3,5-Diene-7,17-Dione - 50mg - I'm worried about this one. While it is incredibly effective, great for leaning and getting cut up, and thwarts all attempts from your body to spike estrogen levels, it seems like the FDA is on a mission to ban this stuff for no reason whatsoever. If you are on the fence about this product, this ingredient alone should push you to buy ASAP!!
ForsLean (95% Forskolin Extract) - 50mg - Brand name boom sauce for cutting fat and increasing testosterone levels slightly. It can also stave off asthma symptoms and help you pump up the cardio.
Methyl-EAA - 30mg - My first time using this... it's supposedly a derivative of the commonly known D-Aspartic Acid but up to 50x more potent. That would mean that the mere 30mg here is the equivalent of 1500mg of DAA. Not a massive dose, but effective, especially in tandem with everything else in here.
Diindolylmethane (DIM)- 25mg - I first saw this as a potential substitute for Arimistane. It works to keep estrogen levels low and reduce water retention as a result, while testosterone levels can continue to rise.
Boron Citrate - 5mg - Supposedly a test booster, but nothing I've ever found to be particularly effective.
Bioperine - 5mg - Included to aid in absorption

Overall this ingredient panel is incredibly comprehensive and robust. There are a few things that are dosed slightly below what I'd want to see, but in tandem with everything you should be noticing a litany of positive effects from each. Savage also took the right path in investing in high quality ingredients, especially with its tribulus and Forskolin extract.

4 capsules by morning, along with a shake containing a solid ratio of proteins, fats, and carbs. I took the pills with my first sip in hopes it would heighten absorption, and took with food to spark the metabolism cycle.

No Mixability, No taste.

Incredible. Within a week I was noticing increased vascularity around the clock. My muscles were harder and more defined. My lifts lasted longer and I moved more weight with less down time between sets. Thanks likely to the DIM and the Arimistane, the improvements just continued to build on each other. It seemed like every day I was waking up ready to lift with more eagerness and tenacity each time. This was especially impressive since I hadn't given myself much of a break between starting this and finishing another test booster.

A slight ding here I suppose, but only at first glance. This is for sale for $59.99 on svgsupplements.com and I believe there are discounts available of 10%. It's definitely expensive, but you really have nothing to compare it to. There's simply more in here and there is more being offered than any other single product that I can think of. You'd need to buy 2 or 3 different products to get the same effects as what you get from Hades alone. That's worth the price all day long.

Side Effects

slight joint discomfort by week 3 (arimistane/DIM)

Conclusion

Go buy it, then go to war with the weights. This stuff is legit and won't let you down. I'm already recommending it to the guys at my gym and in my office and will definitely be a repeat customer.

Thanks again to Hades for offering this up and I look forward to seeing where they go from here!