bctuthill

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today

Reviews by bctuthill

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Endurance
  • Artificial Dyes

Hi Everyone, BCTut here, finally closing out the last of my long overdue reviews. I want to apologize to VMI for taking so long, especially because they are an awesome brand and I typically love their products. Today I'm going through one of their intra-workout drink formulas, Aminogex Ultra- a blend of essential and branched-chain amino acids-with a best-taste guarantee!

Aminogex Ultra is mainly a BCAA drink with a nice hefty 7 grams of total BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. Following the BCAAs is Betaine with a solid 1.25g dose. Betaine is great because of what it prevents. It has a potent ability to lower homocysteine levels. This is good because homocysteine can be responsible for things like blood clots, heart disease, and renal disease. From there is 400mg of Albion's MGG (magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate) and 150mg of TRAACS electrolytes by Albion.

I started by mixing a scoop with a full shaker bottle during the middle of my workouts when taking this. I received the cherry lime Italian ice flavor which was really good, but a little too sweet for me. I found that a half scoop was a little tastier for my palette and moved to a half scoop twice throughout my workout. I also got a lot of samples from the company of the other flavors and really all of them were very good. I let my wife try a sweet tea sample and she said she wasn't a fan of it though.

I felt great when taking this! Time between sets was easily diminished and I never found myself dragging when I'd been sipping on it. I didn't notice any major changes in how much I was lifting overall, but I did feel like I was moving the weights in a more controlled fashion.

I also noticed that the DOMS I normally feel after compound lifts like cleans were noticeably diminished. I didn't try to push it any harder than normal, but some days I'll return to a muscle group or a lift after completing a full week's rotation and still be a little sore. This never happened on Aminogex.

As for cardio, the electrolytes were huge. I've always been able to notice the impact electrolytes have, and it was no different here. In heavy cardio sessions I would get tired and take a short 5 minute break, down some aminogex, and find that my legs had energy again and allowed me to go further than I had initially before taking the break. Maybe some of it is runner's high, but I hate cardio and the Aminogex seemed to make it a lot easier to handle.

Right now this is for sale on Amazon for $24.71. With 30 servings in the bottle and the effectiveness I experienced, I'd say this is well worth it!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think VMI really knocked it out of the park with this stuff. It's a good price, works very well, and tastes great. My only knock on the product is the artificial dyes. VMI always goes heavy on the dyes for the love of everything no more!! Personally I'm not sensitive or allergic, but other people are and I just don't like them in my food. They add nothing to the flavor and only see to cause controversy. However, dyes or not, I highly recommend picking this up the next time you need an intraworkout drink. Thanks again, VMI!

Overall
Overall
6.9
Thanks to Muscle1, Inc. for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dry Gains
  • Cortisol Reduction
  • Increase In Libido
  • Sheds Fat
  • Dry Joints

Hi Everyone, BCTut here again, this time reviewing P-Cycle 7 by Muscle1. This is a product touted as their PCT for following one of their PHs, Strength1 or Mass4-or any test boosting compound I suppose. To me, this is a good product, but not a standalone PCT. I'll explain

What you have in P-Cycle 7 is Arimistane. Lots of companies make identical compounds, and where you're really competing is in the bioavailability, dosing, and quality. The dose itself is 25mg per pill. That seems to be industry standard.
To increase bioavailability th...

To increase bioavailability they've added black pepper extract and grapefruit extract, which actually has more function to it than just aiding in absorption.
The active ingredient in grapefruit extract and also found as an isolated compound in P-Cycle 7 is 6, 7 -DHB. This compound aids in the absorption of steroids (as a category) and extends the half-life of the products you're taking.

Dosing according to the label was 1 capsule 2-4 times daily. That's how I followed it; typically I'd end up taking 3 pills throughout the day at each major meal.

This stuff worked well as Arimistane usually does, but I didn't think it came through as a standalone PCT. I had some sides that I'd consider major when on my cycle on Strength1, and this alone didn't stop them. However, when I added in a natural test booster that was high in ashwaghanda and DAA, then my sides went away and I felt back to normal.
What this did well, was everything it should as an aromatase inhibitor. It doesn't work by producing testosterone inherently, it works by helping you skew the ratios of estrogen to testosterone beyond what your normal homeostasis ratios are. When you take something that raises your testosterone, your body releases aromatase to convert some of your test to estrogen. The arimistane binds to that aromatase enzyme and makes it useless, thus increasing testosterone levels from a secondary position.
The result is everything I noticed on P-Cycle: firmer muscles with less water retention, increased libido (some people might have the opposite), less moodiness, and a higher level of confidence in general.

I can only find this for sale on Muscle1's website. It's listed at $80 which is just way too high. You can get the same product from VMI Sports for less than $30. However, I think the product by VMI may have been discontinued.

Side Effects

Dry joints. They hurt, it sucks, but every arimistane I've ever taken has done this. You can try adding joint support, but most likely the best you will get is something to take the edge off.

Conclusion

Because of the price only, I would recommend you go and select a different product with the same active ingredient. Without consideration of price, I think the product is great. I didn't find it noticeably better or worse than arimistane produced by competitors, but it was certainly effective as I'd expect it would be. I want to thank Muscle1 for letting me try it and hope they can find a way to make it a little more affordable.

Overall
Overall
5.5
Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label
  • Once A Day
  • Improved Focus
  • Reduced Stress
  • Portable
  • Underdosed Ingredients

Hi everyone, BCTut here ready to give you the highs and lows of a really interesting multi-vitamin by Magnum Nutraceuticals. I say "interesting" because of the sheer array of ingredients that go into this mix. Touching on a lot of key areas is great- but does it translate into results and effective dosing? That's the big question here

Primer has the most extensive ingredient panel of any product I've ever reviewed. The panel is subdivided into 6 categories: Cell Repair, Amino Prime, Brain Food, Digest Rx, Power Fats, and Hydration Plus. Because of how many ingredients there are I'm not going to bore everyone with each one. Instead, I'm going to highlight each of the categories and some of the noble or key ingredients that are included. I'll post the full panel as a picture at the end of the review for those who are curious to see more.

Cell Repair: This category represents most of the common multi ingredients: Vitamins A-K, folic acid, biotin, etc. There are a few lesser known items in there though: i.e., Norwegian Kelp. One of the biggest benefits of Norwegian Kelp is that it attracts and accumulates nutrients and minerals from sea water. The collected bounty includes things like magnesium, folic acid, and calcium- thus potentially skewing the stated levels of those ingredients in Primer and making them slightly higher than anticipated. It's also a good source of iodine which helps your thyroid and assists in hormone production. Also found is N-Acetyl L-Cysteine. I see N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine a lot, but haven't seen this much. Supposedly it's really effective in promoting an increase of anti-oxidants, and in studies has demonstrated potential to help get rid of acne and lessen symptoms of addiction.

Brain Food: This category is mainly driven by L-Tyrosine, a common nootropic known to help reduce cortisol levels and slightly increase cognition. It also contains Vinpocetine which has a claim for being capable of improving memory, and Huperzine A which can inhibit an enzyme that leads to cognitive decline.

Power Fats: This is a 1.2 g serving that is 1 part fish oil, 2 parts seed oil; 2 parts omega 3, 1 part omega 6. Good for the heart, the joints, the brain, and everything in between.

Amino Prime: This is a long spanning list of amino acids and other compounds ranging from BCAAs to Arginine to Tribulus Terrestris. Unfortunately, none of them are really dosed well enough to do anything on their own. Though, you'd probably see a slight improvement in blood flow and recovery from the blend all working together and sharing common effects.

Digest Rx: Mainly what you have here is Amylase, an enzyme that is found in your spit and begins the digestive process for your body. Also found is protease, great for reducing muscle damage; lactase, another digestive enzyme; lipase, a third digestive enzyme; and cellulase, an enzyme produced by fungus and bacteria.

Hydration Plus: In here you get a blend of great minerals like magnesium, zinc, selenium, potassium, and calcium. You get a third more calcium than you'd get in a glass of milk and about as much potassium as half a banana, but the other ingredients are dosed pretty low.

Primer comes in really handy pill packs. I love when companies do this because it makes it really easy to take things to work or on trips. The company recommends taking 1 pack daily, but not more than 2. If possible, take it before working out. I work out in the morning on an empty stomach and know better by now than to take any pills in the morning on an empty stomach. Instead, I took it when I'd get to the office and after my workout. A couple of times I had sore joints and started to get little bugs while taking this and doubled the dose with another in the afternoon.

While taking Primer I was able to stay generally healthy and didn't sustain any injuries. That's really what I'd take a product like this for. However, at the end of the day it's really just an insurance policy. I still try to eat properly and recruit my nutrients there, but supplements like this I'll take as back up. Primer was more robust than just a multi-vitamin, but except for some of the nootropics included, nothing was dosed very heavily. Whether it was because of the timing of my dose or the inclusion of those nootropics, the place I noticed the effects most was in the office. Over the past few months I have been totally overloaded at work. When taking Primer I'd notice I got more accomplished. I get to points some days where I literally have so much work to do that I can't prioritize any of it. When that happens I need to step back, hash it all out on paper, and then reapproach it. While taking Primer I was actually = busier than ever, but didn't have any struggles prioritizing the most important tasks.

A secondary benefit to Primer was that it seemed to help my joints a bit and kept me healthy. Overall I was slightly less sore, and while I did get sick during the time I was taking it, it was unavoidable with a child in preschool and I bounced back quickly.

Primer is expensive. The cheapest I could find was 45.99 on a site called LuckyVitamin.com. For 30 servings, it's just not worth it for what you're getting with the doses.

Side Effects

There were no side effects.

Conclusion

Overall the thing I liked most about Primer was the packaging and ease of use. I also appreciated the attempt to hit on many different areas of nutrition, but at the end of the day it just lacked the proper dose in too many categories to become a staple item in my rotation. I think the intent is good, and that there is definitely a market for this because of the portability, but a little more focus on key ingredients and dosing those better would help. My humble opinion is that Magnum might have success targeting consumers on sites like bodybuilding.com, but for informed athletes they'll need to focus less on perception and marketing and more on the dosing of the ingredients and focusing on fewer goals within one product. Thanks everyone.

Thanks to Muscle1, Inc. for sending it out!
  November 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Strength
  • Non-Methylated
  • Does Not Convert To Estrogen
  • A Little Pricey
  • Some Lethargy
  • Loss Of Libido

Hi Everyone- BCTut here with my review on Muscle1, Inc.'s new prohormone, Strength1. I took this after being off anything that would affect my test levels for about 45 days, so I should have been a pretty blank slate. It was my first try with a prohormone, but I'm experienced with using NTBs and SARMs. This experience left me thinking I'd probably stay in my lane and only use those two categories in the future.

Each pill contains 110mg of 1-andro. The average dosage according to my research is typically 300-800mg/day depending on your body weight and amount of experience with similar products.

No taste and no mixing, these are pills.

I dosed this stuff on the high side. For the first week I took 1 pill twice daily in the morning and at night. After the first week and not seeing effects, I increased my dose to 2 pills twice daily. At 225lbs, I began to see effects at this dose.

The company only recommends dosing 2-3 pills daily, so after the second week I was beyond the recommendation for daily intake.

While I think Strength1 was clearly working, it wasn't intense by any means and I did have sides that I'll get into later. I did notice that the first clear indicator of the pills taking affect was an increase in muscle density. Next I noticed an uptick in my weights on major lifts like bench and squat. I never go to my 1rm, but I noticed that I was moving heavier loads in general. I also have bad knees, hips, and shoulders, so a lot of my training is focused on form and reps instead of weight. For instance, 315 is a lot of weight for me to squat typically. While on Strength1 I was able to rep up to 385x5 without trouble. My incline bench usually plateaus at 225; I was able to boost that to 265. Decline/Reverse Grip I was able to push up to 335x3. Sled pushes and pulls had me hauling 10-12 plates on the sled up from 8-9.

Despite moving such heavy weight, I will say that I felt a little less motivated. I usually watch the clock as a queue to hurry up and finish so I have time to get ready for work. On a few occasions I found myself watching and wondering if I should just leave. That was unusual for me.

I was very clear headed while taking this product too. Little spats with the wife where I may have spazzed out at some point, I found myself just not doing. I was a little more helpful around the house than I usually am and just seemed to have more patience. No more "why did you throw away my drink"/ "I thought it was old"/ "there were ice cubes in it!". My drinks still get thrown away if they leave my sight for even a split second, but no need to cry about it on Strength1!

So you gotta figure my wife would've been pretty happy with me for being so helpful and not complaining, right? Wrong. Let's get into the sides.

Side Effects

Remember that song "Detachable Penis" by King Missile? That's how I felt. Like my wiener had just up and abandoned me. I had absolutely no sex drive. It was downright bizarre. Despite being so domesticated and strong looking, my wife hated me while I was on this stuff!
I also noticed I was losing some hair. I have a lot of hair, and I think it's started to grow back now, but I was really shedding while on-cycle. At one time I was doing some work and brushed my hair away from my face only to have 10-12 hairs fall onto my keyboard. Scary!

After completing my cycle I hopped on an NTB as a PCT and my sides quickly started to go away.

What I didn't notice were things like gyno, water retention, moodiness, etc., so I don't think any estrogen conversion was happening. I think this stuff was actually just powerful enough to shut me down and stop my LH production.

Right now Strength1 is being sold for $89.99 on their website. I wasn't able to find it elsewhere. I think the price is a little steep. If you don't care about the sides I experienced and can afford it, you might think differently for a product that clearly worked from an increased weights perspective.

Conclusion

For me, personally, I think this stuff worked but I wouldn't do it again because of the sides I experienced. If you aren't expected to have sex regularly and aren't a diva about your hair like I am, you will probably like it. I think Muscle1 overall seems like a pretty reputable company based on their feedback to other reviews. So I'll just leave it at that. Not for me, but might be worth a go for you!

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  November 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stimulant Free
  • Convenient Packaging
  • No Jitters
  • Easy To Stack
  • No Appetite Suppression

Hi Everyone, BCTut here! I've absolutely sucked lately with getting my reviews done. Despite hating excuses or apologies, I do want to apologize to the reps at TOREM for needing to wait so long.

I picked up Neco-Adipem in the summer hoping it would get me all cut up! There had been a ton of good reviews on the product already and I was excited to give it my 2 cents. Unfortunately, I didn't find myself blown away by its effectiveness, however, I do think there are a lot of perks to this and it's a quality choice for those looking for a non-stim weight loss option....

Without further ado

Perk #1: Brand name ingredients everywhere! For an industry that's largely under-regulated, brand name ingredients are a nice addition since it removes a lot of the doubt about whether you're really consuming everything you think you are.

Perk #2: All those brand name ingredients are broken down with a total transparent ingredient panel.

Leading the pack is InnoSlim and Green Tea Extract, both with 250mg/serving. Green Tea Extract is probably one of the most common natural weight loss supplements of all time. What's strange to me is that I thought there was caffeine involved any time you use green tea. Apparently not, or it's just unlabeled. InnoSlim is a combination of Panax Notoginseng and Astragalus Membranaceus. For the life of me, I can't figure out the difference between InnoSlim and AstraGin. They're both made by the same company and use the same ingredients. Maybe different ratios. Either way, this is basically a simple nutrient repartitioner. It will reduce the amount of glucose absorbed by the body and increase fat oxidation by activating the adiponectin enzyme.

Following these two ingredients, we have Capsimax and Advantra Z both dosed at 50mg. Advantra Z is basically just bitter orange. Originally released in 1996, it was touted as the next big thing for energy, fitness, and dieting. The active chemical within it is called synephrine and is supposedly a near identical naturally occurring chemical to the popular (and subsequently banned) substance ephedra. Because of the affiliation between Advantra Z and Ephedra, there has been a lot of discussion about the safety and potential sides of this product. Personally, I noticed nothing concerning-even remotely. There have also been many studies done that suggest its safety, but just about all of these have been done by sponsors of the original manufacturer. Meanwhile, Capsimax is red chili pepper extract. It works by increasing thermogenic activity in the body and in turn, assists with oxidizing fat cells.

Last in there is ActiGin at 25mg. This stuff will work nicely alongside the innoslim by helping to deliver glucose to the muscles in higher numbers, instead of converting it to fat stores. This should give you a little bit of a buffer when it comes to watching your meals, and will also aid in recovery.

These are pills, so no taste and no mixing.

Dosing is the best thing about this product. Each serving is delivered in a single serving packet and it's really easy to throw in your bag if you plan to take it mid-day.

You can take 1 pack a day for standard dosing, or you can take 2 packs a day with your first and last meals.

Here's where I didn't see Neco-Adipem deliver. Despite the star-studded panel of ingredients at effective doses and their awesomely easy delivery method with the single-serving packets, I didn't notice any weight loss! To be fair, I also didn't change a thing about my diet; but wouldn't logic dictate that if your diet remains steady and you add a supplement to the mix you would see results if it's effective? Based on earlier reviews from the other troopers I was anticipating a drop from my usual 225lbs to maybe 215-210lbs. I usually lose weight pretty easily when I try to, so 10-15lbs isn't out of the realm of possibilities by any means. Unfortunately, my last weigh-in was 226lbs. I noticed a decrease in my muscle definition and vascularity though. It almost seemed like I was just a little malnourished. Throughout my time taking this stuff, I consistently was in the gym 4-5 days per week for at least 90 minutes without socializing. I didn't feel like it made a positive or negative impact in any noticeable way. There wasn't any appetite suppression to help me with the fact that I seem to get violently hungry every night at bed time, no thermogenic effect noticed when taken mid-day, late day, or PWO, and no weight loss according to the scale.

I would be interested to try this again alongside a test booster though. I think in combination the two could work well together. If I have the chance and experience different results, I'll make an update here. I'm just not really sure why this *wouldn't* work!

Not bad. I think this used to be much more expensive, but on Amazon you can now order 60 servings for $55. If you're only taking 1 serving per day that's a hell of a deal, and if you're taking 2 it's still less than most weight loss supplements!

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, despite my lack of visible effects from taking this, I feel more left out than that it doesn't work. I just can't imagine that the ingredients they put in there wouldn't be useful and have a strong effect somehow. Since I'm in the minority for not being blown away by this stuff, I'd still suggest giving it a try and seeing for yourself. Personally, I plan to give it another run sometime soon.

Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!
  October 17, 2017

• Affordable
  • Decent Pump
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Some Rare But Exciting Ingredients

I know... You guys probably are looking at my rating and thinking I'm drunk, but I'm not. I'll explain myself. I want to thank Micronamin for more than just their patience as I get caught up on my reviews and for the opportunity to test their product. Micronamin is a veteran owned business and donates a portion of their proceeds to charity in support of other veterans; that's something I think we can all get behind and support.

12 Gauge is absolutely loaded. I really like how the label is fully disclosed but also categorized for its intended purpose. The ingredient list altogether is super long, so I don't plan on getting into the real nitty gritty of every single one. Instead I'm going to focus more on how they complement each other within their subcategories.

The top category is the Superior Endurance Formula with 4g of Citrulline Malate at a 2:1 ratio, close to a clinical dose of beta alanine (3g), a common 1g of taurine, and paltry 300mg of agmatine sulfate. I say paltry in reference to the agmatine there, but I actually really like the whole group from top to bottom. This combination of "pump" ingredients will cause some vasodilation but not so much that it necessarily steals the show from the energy and focus areas. Keep in mind that the more your veins and arteries dilate, the lower your blood pressure becomes. I think by dosing the pump ingredients where they are, 12gauge is being effective in providing increased transport of nutrients to the muscles and the brain, but also governing that effect to a degree so that you still a heady energy rush that comes by maintaining or slightly heightening blood pressure in the body. This is purely speculative though; I'm no scientist. Simultaneously, the strong dose of beta alanine does nothing to provide a pump, but does have a significant impact on endurance. The dosing effectively means that this PWO is equally at home in a cardio driven session or anaerobic lift.

Next we have the Advanced Strength Formula-a combination of Creatine Monohydrate (1.5g), Creatine HCL (750mg), Creatine Ethyl Ester (750mg), and Alpha GPC (300mg). I love to see Alpha GPC in here, and while it's grouped with the strength bunch and rightfully so, it can also have a big impact on cognition and focus. One study cites Alpha GPC as being responsible for increasing weight lifting capacity by as much as 15%. Creatine Monohydrate is an obvious classic, but at 1500mg this isn't going to replace daily supplementation for the desired effects of an extra couple reps per set, but it can't hurt. When complemented with the HCL and Ethyl Ester you might not need the typical 5g though. C-HCL is as much as 60% more biologically available than Mono, and water soluble which not only means it will actually mix in liquid instead of suspend, but also won't lead to water retention. Lastly, CEE is widely popular and many claim it to be more effective than Mono, but there isn't much to back claims from the lab. That aside, C-HCL, CM, and A-GPC are all tried and true ingredients and there's certainly nothing *wrong* with CEE.

Now for the "Insane Energy Formula". Aptly named. This consists of DMHA, Caffeine Anhydrous, Caffeine citrate, and DiCaffeine malate, all dosed at 100mg. DMHA, aka Octodrine, is becoming wildly popular and is a replacement to the formerly popular DMAA. It's an amphetamine mimicking stimulant that works great in the gym, but some users have complained of crashing. From there we have the 100g of standard caffeine anhydrous which is just wonderful stuff as an ingredient goes but will lead to a crash pretty reliably. Caffeine Citrate is a 1:1 ratio typically, and normally used to treat breathing problems in premature babies. For the purpose of being a workout supplement, that may translate, but I'm not sure that it would have any additional effects for a healthy adult beyond the typical CNS response to caffeine. Lastly DiCaffeine Malate of Infinergy has added benefits of making caffeine less harsh on the digestive system, while aiding the effectiveness of anhydrous.

The "Precision Focus Formula" is where all the nootropics are housed. You've got 350mg of NALT, one of the most popular nootropics used now for everything from cognition to focus to well-being to not being as sensitive to cold. Theanine (250mg) is meant to continue aiding in mental clarity and well being. Adranifil is particularly interesting. It's only 30mg, but this is the derivative of modafinil, the active ingredient in Provigil. I've never seen this in a supplement, and at this dose I'm not sure how much it will do, but Provigil itself is pretty nuts. You take it and are simply awake for the next 12-15 hours no matter how boring whatever you're doing is. Yohimbine HCL isn't really a nootropic and is more commonly used for fat burning. In this setting I believe it helps with absorption. Lastly, vinpocetine is meant to aid in all the classic nootropic things of increasing cognition, the feeling of well-being, etc., but 5mg is considered a low dose and there is only 2mg in here.

Last are the "intensifiers"; a various assortment of good things. Maca root is a classic natural test booster, but at 25mg the effects will be minimal as well. Niacin is going to aid in adding to the tingly feeling of the beta alanine and make you heat up. At 25mg you should feel these effects. Beet Root will aid in increasing pump levels, but is kept at a low dose of 20mg here. Lastly, White Willow Bark will help prevent or correct erythema and stop migraines, but you'd probably need 5x the 10mg dose in 12gauge to really have those effects.
    Long story short 12 gauge is loaded.

I mentioned that you all would probably think I'm drunk because of the low overall rating despite the sky high effectiveness and price ratings. This is why.
    Dosing: 20 minutes before your workout, on the way into your workout, whatever-this stuff kicks in quick. 1 scoop will do the trick.

Mixability: My batch of 12 gauge was so clumpy that I literally had to just reach into the bag, grab nuggets of PWO and stuff them into the scooper until I had a little tiny hockey puck of powder. Not surprisingly, it took me like 10 minutes of non-stop shaking to get the chunks broken down enough to even be suspended.

Taste: I know these guys are aware the taste of 12 gauge isn't great, but after reading the other reviews I'm wondering if I got a bad batch. It literally tasted and smelled like stomach acid. I tried to drink it on its own a few times but never managed to be able to. To get it down at all I had to mix it with something else like powdered BCAAs, plug my nose, and drink as fast as possible. It was simply brutal.

I consider 12 gauge to be one of the most ridiculously loaded, high intensity PWOs I've ever taken. If you take any given ingredient you can probably find it in a greater amount in other top-end PWOs but in collaboration, it's peerless. I felt like from the moment I gulped it down I felt a rush of energy. Throughout my workout it just kept coming. Every time I felt like I was falling off and losing some energy it was like something else would hit me. I had cold chills, tingles, I was flush, I was pushing heavy weight better than ever, and I was laser focused. The sweat was absurd. I actually felt bad. I normally get a good sweat going as is, but when crushing the weights on 12 gauge I kind of felt like a super jacked up slug, but instead of leaving a trail of slime as I moved around it was a trail of sweat. Kind of a weird analogy to say the least, but I kid you not-unprecedented levels of sweat. I loved it but I'm pretty sure I just grossed everyone else out.

The first few workouts were almost a little too intense. After those first few though, things kind of settled down and I knew what to expect. 12 gauge delivered reliably.

As far as pumps go, it was exactly what I expected. I could see increased vascularity during my workout, but it took a little longer to achieve a full pump. It never hit the point some other pump-focused PWOs have that feature 6-8 grams of citrulline, for example. But it was serviceable to say the least.

One other thing worth noting was this was equally effective during cardio and weight training sessions. I could pump out a couple extra levels on the elliptical or kick it up a notch on the treadmill and had no issues with the boredom that usually plagues me in cardio sessions. Nothings better than when you can do some cardio and not absolutely hate your life or at best consider it a necessary evil, and actually enjoy it instead.
    I also experienced minimal crashing with 12 gauge. I always lift before work and each time I was able to complete my lift, get ready and go to work, and hit the ground running right away without a fall off.

Here you've got 30 servings for about $25 on Amazon. For the ingredient panel and effects that's a really competitive price. You've got all the perks of the upper echelon of PWOs but at a really manageable price.

Side Effects

Stomach issues were mainly it. I'm not sure if it was a result of the ingredients or the taste though, as it could really be either one. Regardless, they were minimal and typically just meant a 5-minute interruption to take care of business.

Conclusion

So if I'm the outlier with a bad batch that clumped and tasted like absolute garbage, then this is definitely something you need to try. If it is in fact something that everyone's experiencing then I really couldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy. At the end of the day the effectiveness was about as close to a 10/10 as you can get, but the fact that it's literally undrinkable makes it a deal breaker for me. Either way, until Micronamin changes the flavor of at least lemon-lime, expect to win AND lose when you go out and buy this.

Thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 9, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Pump
    • Increased Focus
    • Transparent Label
    • Increased Recovery
    • Hydration
    • A Little Expensive
    • Very Tart Flavor May Not Be Good To Some

Hi everyone, and thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for their patience as I get caught up here. When I claimed Hydra-Focus on the TROOPs page, it was because my interest had been piqued by the label. They are clearly not shy about blurring the line between intra and pre workout products and the ingredients they should have. I thought it could make for some seriously sustained pump sessions and boy, oh boy, was I right. They took a unique approach to what should be found in your shaker intra-workout and I think the strategy will pay off big for them with consumers.

-...

Typical Intraworkout: a few grams of BCAAs, maybe a 2:1:1 ratio, maybe some glutamine, heck maybe even a lil' taurine in there.

Hydra-Focus: Kitchen sink! Seriously... it's a ton of stuff and it's all fully disclosed and takes hydra focus well out of the realm of your typical Intra-Workout.

A couple quickies: sodium (220mg) and potassium (170mg). These aren't huge doses of either, but respectable and enough to make a dent. Sodium is important in helping your body retain water, and potassium is important to prevent or alleviate cramping. You'd really need significantly more of both to make a real impact, but these aren't your headliners when you look at the label and only serve as part of the supporting cast.

Citrulline Malate: 4g; That dose of 4g knocks the socks off a lot of PWOs I've seen. Huge props to Mind Muscle for this one. It's most likely a 1:1 ratio leaving 2g of pure citrulline, but in conjunction with your PWO you're going to be quite swollen; and on it's own, you'll get a nice aid in blood flow as the citrulline works to increase your body's NO levels and dilates your blood vessels.

Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine: I'll clump all three together as your essential BCAAs. They always come to the party in tandem and none are as fun without the others in tow. You're looking at a solid 7g here total in a 2:1:1 blend. Literally, this alone is what constitutes most intra-workouts. They'll be helpful in shortening your recovery time between sets and decreasing DOMS between sessions.

Glutamine: The black sheep of the intra-game? Maybe. But I love it. You see a lot of Glutamine haters on the boards and I have no idea why. When you train hard your glutamine levels drop significantly. So, while you can get it in food fairly regularly, the likelihood of you really ingesting enough of it to make an impact is slim. Additional supplementation is necessary. 2.5g is not a huge dose, but it's enough to make an impact. You can take up to 15g per day, but I've always fared well with 5g when it's part of my rotation. Other people respond differently, but I weigh over 200lbs and so that should have an effect on most folks.

N-Acety-L-Tyrosine (NALT): Here's where things get weird (in a good way). Now we're crossing the threshold of Mind Muscle not just being concerned with your physical ability to recover and attack the plates, but also your mental clarity and focus. NALT is a hugely popular nootropic and it can have a big impact on your mindset. It's function all revolves around adrenaline processing and dopamine. It can help your memory stay sharp under stress, improve cognition, heighten a feeling of well-being, and even trick you into feeling warmer than you should. 1g in here is a lot. Some studies I've seen have relied on 350mg/day and documented positive effects. According to examine.com the ideal dose is 100-150mg/kg of body weight. That would be about 10g for me so I suppose it must just have a wide range where it can be effective.

Choline Bitartrate: I'll dock Mind Muscle one on this, but give the A for effort. Choline can be effective as a nootropic as well, but its preferred form would be as Alpha GPC. In this form there aren't currently any studies that signify a major effect. 500mg here.

Raw Coconut Water Concentrate: This is going to help put the Hydration in Hydra-Focus. They say concentrates aren't as good as the fresh stuff, but considering the fresh stuff is wet.... not sure how that would work surrounded by powders. Probably not too well. In any case, this stuff is going to be really helpful in keeping your body stocked up in electrolytes and keep running. 500mg total in here. I'm not entirely sure what the recommended dose would be but I doubt you can have too much and 500mg sounds reasonable.

This is meant to be consumed during your workout. It comes with a giant scooper in a big tub. I never had any issues with mixing whatsoever.
    I received "Orange Smarty" flavor. I think it was their only flavor at the time, but now they also offer "Blue Slush"! It tasted exactly like an orange smarty. It was pretty cool to be so on-point with the flavor, the only problem was I didn't really want to drink orange smarty[ie?]s.
    However, it started to grow on me over time. I actually really liked it when I started to water it down a lot, so then I started just splitting my dose up further. By the end of the tub I looked forward to the flavor.

When I stacked this with a PWO that also had pump ingredients, the results were out of this world. When I stacked it with a PWO without pump ingredients, it still put up a good effort. This could easily be used as a sole pump product for some, but anyone with a tolerance established will only one to use it in conjunction with other pump stuff... assuming that's the effect they're looking for.

As for the NALT effects, it was awesome. It did a great job of helping me dial into the workout and stay focused. The only exception to this is what I'll address in the side effects section. Besides that I was able to get in and get right to work. I'd move from set to set and lift to lift without losing a beat except to catch my breath.

Recovery between sets and post workout was noticeably diminished and this shouldn't be a surprise. Between the healthy dose of BCAAs and Glutamine, and the vein-dilating dose of Citrulline to help them fly around to your muscles, it's the likely result.

I believe this is only available on Mind Muscle Nutrition's website right now. It's marked down from $45 to $35 and honestly, I think that's where they need to keep it. $35 is a fair price for this with 30 servings. It's kind of in a category of its own, so it might get hurt when competing as a BCAA drink, but it's really much more than that.

Side Effects

The only side I encountered was a rush to the bathroom at some point during the workout. That was only a problem when I stacked this with other pump ingredients. Well worth it.

Conclusion

The only thing I'd like to see is for the choline bitrate be replaced by alpha-gpc. If Mind Muscle can find a way to do that without raising the price that'll be a serious game changer. Even without that, it already is a bit game changing. I'd recommend you go give this stuff a shot!

Overall
    Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
      October 5, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Maintains Healthy Blood Sugar
    • All Natural
    • Improves Insulin Sensitivity
    • Improved Digestion

Hi everyone, I'm working hard to catch up on my reviews but certainly running up hill while doing so. I want to thank Nature Restore for their patience and say well done for a great product. Nature Restore seems to be killing the healthy supplements game, providing a host of natural ingredients for anything you may need to tackle the iron, slim the waistline, and more. This one I was skeptical on; it sat in the TROOPs dash for a while before I selected it but I was ultimately blown away by it effects!

GlucoseOne is powered by a 982mg pr...

GlucoseOne is powered by a 982mg proprietary blend of InnoSlim, Pine Bark Extract, Mulberry Leaf Extract, Gymnema Sylvestre Extract, Carcuma Longa Extract, and Coptis Chinensis Extract. Got all that? Great. What do they do?

InnoSlim: This is a name brand prop-blend unto itself that is basically AstraGin. Honestly, not sure of the difference between the two. Both consist of Panax Notoginseng Extract and Atragalus Root. It promotes weight loss by reducing glucose absorption levels and increases the ability for the body to oxidize fatty acids.

Pine Bark Extract: AKA Pycnogenol, this has benefits to general health, has anti-diabetic properties, and can also enhance nitric oxide levels. For the ladies, it's also been shown to assist in reducing the symptoms of endometriosis-- a disorder that effects the uterus. It has very reliable and note worthy effects in its ability to increase blood flow, reduce swelling, increase attention span and cognition, decrease sensory pain, decrease LDL cholesterol, improve skin quality, and improve overall mood. It's really one of those super drugs. I think it's heavily dosed in GlucoseOne because you really don't need much at all to be effective, and it's listed as the 2nd ingredient in the blend.

Mulberry Leaf Extract: AKA Morus Alba, this one's used to boost the immune system, has cognitive enhancing effects, and anti-cancer tendencies. It has also been shown in studies to provide minor improvements to skin quality.

Gymnema Sylvestre Extract: There isn't much research available on this one, but it has been used as a traditional medicine to control blood sugar level, lower lipid counts, and provide for general weight loss.

Carcuma Longa Extract: (the main bioactive ingredient in Tumeric) There isn't much research here either, but as a derivative of Tumeric we can glean the effects to include a long list of anti-diabetic, anti-alzheimers, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, pro-skin, pro-mental health; the list goes on-- count it as another super food.

Coptis Chinensis Extract: (AKA Goldthread plant) Very little research here, but seemingly effective in fighting digestive disorders, parasite infections and psoriasis.

Kind of a wild blend here. There are a lot of things that could be coined as homeopathic remedies, and really there isn't much that stands out to me besides the pine bark. However, in using other Nature Restore products, it seems the sum of their ingredients exceeds what you'd expect when looked at individually.

No taste, no mixing.

Dosing is 2 pills, 30 minutes before a large meal. Heed that directive!!

So as alluded to in the title, timing is everything with GlucoseOne-- at least in my experience. First time using it was AWESOME. I took it a solid 30-35 minutes prior to housing a pizza. Normally I'd regret my cheat day decision and lay uncomfortably on the couch for the next few hours. This time, I housed the pizza and, not only felt totally fine, but looked jacked as hell! My veins were huge! Bigger veinage than any PWO or pump supplement I've ever taken. Kinda useless when just doing the dishes, but still awesome.

The second time, I didn't have quite the effect. I took it more or less with my first bite. I still saw some of the effects, but not nearly to the same degree. My biggest struggle with this supplement on-going was remembering to take it right when I was starting to get hungry. When I did that, BOOM. When I didn't... boom. It was there, it was doing something, but I didn't feel like I'd been photoshopped to look more vascular like I did when I timed things right.

The other thing I noticed reliably was the absence of morning hunger pains when I'd take it the night before. I also noticed feeling more refreshed in the morning. Almost all of my bad meals are eaten at night (doubly bad, I know), but that's jut how my day goes. Eating the junk at night must make it harder for me to sleep while it's all being digested and this did a great job at stopping that entirely.

Really good: $18.95 on Amazon and Nature Restore's website for 30 servings. You can also get a 20% off coupon for your first order when ordering from the site. Given that I only really ate this during cheat meals or generally big meals, one bottle lasts a long time.

Side Effects

Nada

Conclusion

In terms of impact on you PR and reps, this isn't going to do much. In terms of feeling good, and being able to eat things once and a while that you'd normally feel guilty for, this is a godsend. It might have an impact as well if you take it for a big meal at lunch then lift at night, but I'm an AM lifter and always took it late. All the same I loved it and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a decent natural nutrient repartitioner give it a try!

9.2
      6.8
      Thanks to The Genius Brand for sending it out!
        September 25, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increase Strength
      • Muscle Fullness
      • Fat Loss
      • Huge Increase In Libido

The effectiveness of a natural Test Booster often depends on the user. As a rule of thumb, they aren't meant for folks in (at least) their late 20s. For me, I took my first NTB about a year ago now and quickly decided it was easily my favorite supplement category. NTBs usually have a gradual ramping up to full effectiveness, but Genius Test kicked in so quickly I was actually able to use it twice from 1 bottle; not fully, but i'll explain further what I mean.

Great lineup here...
      KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root: Ashwagandha is great stuff, and K...

Great lineup here...
      KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root: Ashwagandha is great stuff, and KSM-66 is its best version. Genius Tests touts itself as less of a testosterone booster and more of a male optimization supplement. This primary ingredient is in keeping with that marketing tactic. Ashwagandha won't cause your body to produce a ton of testosterone, but what it will do reliably is help reduce cortisol levels and keep hormones in a healthy balance. In my experience it has always been helpful in promoting sound mind, and aiding in keeping my energy levels high and recovery periods low. Altogether I just feel healthier, less moody, and more confident when supplementing with Ashwagandha.
      PrimaVie (Shilajit Extract): This is a male superfood that's growing in popularity. According to examine.com, it can have a minor impact on boosting super-antioxidant dimutase levels, increase follicle-stimulating hormone levels, decrease LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol, and provide a minor increase in test levels and sperm quality. I'm happy to have all the above, thank you!
      Fenugreek Seed Extract: One of my favorite NTBs. This always seems to slim me down, dry me out, and boost the libido. In science it has shown a propensity to do all of those things during studies, and has demonstrated the ability to increase HDL Cholesterol, increase insulin sensitivity, reduce blood glucose levels, have a notable increase in libido, and for the ladies: can apparently double the level of milk production in nursing mothers.
      Quercetin: Quercetin is an ingredient that is less effective on its own, but becomes more effective in combination with other compounds; essentially reducing the need to use quite as much. Either way, it does have some very useful health benefits. It helps reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (Good) cholesterol, and has a notable effect on reducing exercise-induced stress response.
      Diindolylmethane (DIM): More good stuff. It's been shown extensively that it regulates estrogen levels, but specifically, to keep them steady and without radical fluctuation in either direction. It will act as an aromatase inhibitor by actively targeting more potent forms of estrogen and preventing conversion of testosterone to estrogen via the aromatase enzyme. A dose as low as 100mg has been shown decrease estrogen levels. Tread carefully though. DIM can go Benedict Arnold on you and switch sides to start upping estrogen levels. Make sure you don't run supplements with this compound for more than 6-weeks at a time.
      LJ-100 (longjack): This one's all about the bedroom and body-recomp. The most common effects include slight increases in power output and lean mass, slight reduction in cortisol levels along with an increase in general feelings of well-being, and an overall boost to any and all things related to intra-sheets performance.
      Boron Citrate: At just 10mgs in Genius Test, this stuff is effectively dosed and has shown clinical evidence of being able to boost free testosteron while reducing estrogen.

Altogether we have some common themes. There are ingredients in there to boost testosterone, but the ingredient panel as a whole seems to be more focused on overall health and well being. As we get into the effectiveness, you'll see that I think this stuff worked across the board.

No taste or mixability

Dosing: 4 pills daily, split throughout the day. 2 with your first meal, 2 later in the afternoon with food.

I was very impressed with this one. I initially thought I was doing a disservice to the product because my schedule had begun to get hectic and I kept taking 2 pills in the morning, then forgetting about the afternoon. Despite doing this, I started feeling the effects within days. I had more energy, less water retention, and a more prominent sense of confidence. Eventually I got my act together and started remembering the second dose. That's when the strength gains took off. I started repping significantly more, and needing much less recovery time. The bed room became a proving ground and overall both myself and my wife were very please at the effects. After about 3 weeks the effects started to level out and I started to notice a bit of acne starting. I figured I'd probably turned a corner with effectiveness and decided to cut my run. I noticed the fall off, let some time pass, then ran another test boosting product; this time not with natural ingredients. I hated it. I was shut down within days and I noticed I was actually losing some hair too; all without a noticeable increase in strength. So, I cut that out and tried to run a pct. The pct wasn't working so I threw in the Genius Test for the few days I had left. I stuck to 2-pills a day and within 48-hours my libido started to return and my hair stopped falling out. If I wasn't happy with Genius Test already, I certainly was at this point!!

Here's my only negative for Genius Test: It's too expensive.

The going rate looks to be $57.99 for 30 servings.

I do think you can stretch the servings to last longer and I recognize they are using many name-brand products, but I just have a hard time justifying the cost here.

Side Effects

Slight acne developing at the top end of the dose and at the end of the run.

Conclusion

Overall I really liked this stuff and $60 isn't a lot for you to spend, I'd say give it a shot. You'll notice yourself lean out quickly, strength will increase, and you'll feel great overall. Just make sure you have a partner around that can help you subdue your urges to start humping legs. Follow me? Thanks for letting me try this stuff and keep up the good work Genius!!

Overall
      Overall
      2.0
      2.0
      Thanks to Primal Muscle for sending it out!
        September 21, 2017

Cons:

Not long ago, an article was published on SR.com that detailed common threads you'll find within a sector of the supplement industry that preys on mis-/under-informed consumers by making outrageous claims of effectiveness backed by stock model athletes, useless misleading graphs, and vague/unsubstantiated claims. Primal Muscle seems to hit on everything you'd expect to see from a scam product. Even the literature that comes with the product alludes to the fact that the Tridenosen product, at least, can't be effective when you read between the lines.

----Ingredient...

Tridenosen's "active" ingredients are housed in a 1012mg (~1g) proprietary blend. It consists of:
        - Alpha AKG
        - Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate (ATP)
        - Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)

Alpha AKG: This is actually good stuff. Supplementing with it will help increase nitric oxide levels in the blood, leading to more vascularity, lower blood pressure, and more nutrients reaching your muscles in a shorter time frame. The end result is shorter recovery time, fewer DOMs, and an increase in endurance. To be effective, you really need 1500-3500 mg. Unfortunately, you aren't getting that here. What you are getting, is maybe just enough to get your veins to pop for a short period of time and make you think something's happening. But, that's only going to be the case if you're uninformed and inexperienced with taking supplements created to boost Nitric Oxide levels.

CoQ10: Also good stuff. This is good for your heart, will help with endurance, and could help you lose some weight too. Recommended doses are between 50mg and 1200mg daily for adults. It's possible you're getting an effective dose in tridenosen, but it seems unlikely because of the other characteristics of the supplement in general.

ATP: Now, this is great stuff-- essential to life type stuff. Unfortunately, it's has no oral bioavailability. You might as well eat sawdust pills. Your body uses ATP to provide energy to the body at the cellular level, but it creates it itself and really needs no help in doing so. Supplementation of ATP has been done in the past and still happens currently, mainly on horses, but always through injection.

Pills- no taste or mixing

Dosing: 2 pills, 2-4 times daily.

This did nothing. It probably won't do anything for you either. If anything, you might see a slight increase in vascularity if you are particularly responsive to Arginine, but even that is unlikely. Even in their marketing brochure, which claims this is more powerful than steroids, it's obvious their "science" can't work. Here's a direct quote: "What these brilliant scientists did was coat the ATP molecules with a "PH balanced" pharmaceutical coating that protects the fragile ATP molecules from being destroyed by stomach acids." Well, if your stomach acids are responsible for breaking down food and supplements into compounds ready for absorption, wouldn't that dictate that preventing them from being broken down means they'll pass right through you? The results would incline you to say yes.

What's more is that their entire marketing strategy is geared towards one-time commitments. For example, they offer a 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee, but never disclose what will happen if you aren't satisfied. They also offer a free first bottle if you "subscribe and save"-- but you're on the hook for shipping either way. Even their models and success stories are from paid users. Read the fine print: "the people featured have been remunerated" (paid).

If this cost a dollar it would be too much. If it was free it still isn't worth the pills. What does it really cost? $65 marked down from $120... Ha!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'm not surprised this didn't do anything; but if you buy this after reading this review, you shouldn't be. Don't be fooled by the positive reviews on Amazon-- there are over 100 positive ones. The real science doesn't lie that this stuff won't work.