basorre

MVRs

Forum Posts

First Bloods

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Total Reviews

Completed Missions

TROOPer Level

Votes Cast

Reputation

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. basorre will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 271 days.

Reviews by basorre

6.3
Thanks to Roar Ambition for sending it out!
  July 20, 2018

• Gastrointestinal Sides

First off I would like to thank Roar Ambition for giving me the opportunity to try this product.

4 gauge is a pre workout from Roar Ambition that claims to be all natural and provides with a non proprietary blend formula. Its 4 in 1 formula is claimed to help you with Power, Focus, Stamina, and Pump. Extremely promising hopes from this pre workout.

I would also like to state that as we all may know, all supplements react different to each and every one of us. Results may vary.

I am a 34 year old male at around 206lbs. I lift around 5x's per we...

I am a 34 year old male at around 206lbs. I lift around 5x's per week and I am pretty set on the schedule I work. My routine does not change a whole lot as with the times I hit the gym. I decided to try 4 gauge because, I am always interested in trying new products with positive claims. For the duration of the product, I consumed as directed.

4 Gauge has a pretty good ingredient profile. The ingredients listed are those that are proven time and time again to deliver good results in workouts.
The following is the list of ingredients per one (1) scoop:
L-Citrilline Di Malate 6000mg (This is your pump ingredient and a pretty decent dose)
Creating Monohydrate 1000mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 500MG (This will help you reduce muscle damage and fatigue)
Red Beet Root Extract 300MG (Nitric Oxide Booster and performance enhancer)
Coconut Water Powder 300MG (Hydration)
L-Theanine 200MG (Will help with your focus during grueling routines)
Caffeine Anhydrous 150MG (Gives you that boost)
Rhodiola Rosea 100MG (Has been shown to fight fatigue, depression, and boosting cognitive function)

The flavor that was included was Fruit Blast. It was a strong flavor that had a definite Coconut flavor with fruit punch added in. In my opinion, it was a pretty good flavor. There was a slight aftertaste of sourness in it as well. All was manageable.

Using a typical 20 ounce shaker bottle, I mixed the product as instructed on the label. It mixed well with no clumps in the shaker at either begging or end of drinking.

Dosing states that you should mix 2 level scoops 20-30 minutes prior to training. Once tolerance is assess, an additional 2 can be added for more energy. so from the ingredient profile standpoint your getting double the doses.

6.3/10
The product, when taken as directed, worked surprisingly well. I was not wired during my workouts and I did have a good pump going. My veins were noticeable from the first warm up set I completed. Energy was on point and I was able to go into the gym and not crash afterwards. Clean focus is all that I took out of this product. The only downside to the effectiveness is that it says its perfectly safe to take up to 4 scoops. To me that seems a little excessive as far as that goes. I could not honestly go any higher on the score I gave it due to the fact that I did have to discontinue use because of some of the non main ingredients in the product. I will explain this in the side effect section of the review.

The only place I was able to find 4 gauge at the moment was from their own website. It was around 45 dollars which is a little over $2.00 per serving. While this may seem a little pricey, it isn't completely a deal breaker.

Side Effects

This part of the review pains me to think about it. In the evening after my first dose of taking 4 gauge, I started to have stomach issues. Initially I played it off as my wife's cooking (she tried a new dinner). The stomach issues did not go away after I went to the bathroom. I lay in bed all night bloated and extremely gassy.
Day 2: I again took my dose and went to the gym. The workout was great. In my office all day I had bad gas, I still could not figure out what was going on. I again thought the protein shakes and broccoli were just disagreeing with me for some reason.

Day 3: Again, same gym routine with no issue. Gassy day at work followed by same issues at home. That evening, I could not even lay on my side. It felt like when I did my stomach was going to blow up. My wife, bless her soul, had to deal with my bad side effect all night as I struggled to figure out how to survive the night in one piece.
I finally looked further into the ingredients as by now, I noticed I have not had any negative issues with any supplement before. I checked out the "other" ingredient profile. I then found the culprit. Sugar alcohol Erythritol and Xylitol were listed as some of the ingredients in the mix. These ingredients are found in many Sugar Free snacks and products that are in the market. The side effects of these ingredients are extreme gastrointestinal discomfort and sometimes diarrhea.

Conclusion

overall 6.0/10
I feel bad about having to give this promising product a lower score. It delivered in the areas that it claimed and I had energy and the focus I need in a pre workout. The negative however, outweighed the positive and for that I could not even continue to take the product. Now as I have said before, results are not typical to everyone. I just happened to be the unlucky person who apparently is extremely sensitive to sugar alcohols.

Thanks to Rage Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Better Recovery
  • Increased Focus
  • Pump
  • Only 20 Servings

If you are someone who loves high stim preworkouts that will help you get through even the most grueling workouts, then Formula X is the Pre workout for you. The price is a tad higher than some of the equivalent products on the market, however, you get what you pay for and the quality can be felt in this product.

I would first like to thank Rage Nutrition for sending me a full container of this product to try. I have had my eye on this product for some time and was luckily in the market for a promising Pre workout with some kick. Here lately I have been looking for stuff that is pretty up front with what I am taking and this product did not appear to hide the facts.

The best part about the ingredient profile with Formula X is there is no "fluff" in it. It is straight up dosed with the amounts of the ingredients disclosed. this is a plus.
Profile:

Isopropyl norsynephrine 50mg
Huperzine A 10mg
Bioperine 5mg
Rauwolfia vomitoria extract 3mg

Formula X has a very heavy hitting list of ingredients as you can see in the list. It is throwing in Stimulants, pump ingredients, and focus factor ingredients all in one product not to mention the Bioperine to help with bioavailability of the ingredients to help them all work together in one happy ingredient profile. The Alpha GPC is also interesting as it helps with your focus and brain function. In conjunction with Huperzine l-tyrosine, lazer sharp focus will ensue. Agmatine Sulfate and Citrulline are included to aid in the Pump and N.O. boosting.

TASTE:
Candy Fusion was the flavor that I received. I believe that this is the only flavor currently offered by them. The Taste was not horribly bad. It did leave me with a chemical-like aftertaste that at times made me feel a little queezy. Nothing that I could not overcome though, just to be clear.

Mixability:
Using a standard shaker bottle, I was able to load and mix with ease. There was no clumping involved and no residue left over from shaking. This is more than likely due to no "fillers" in the mix.

Dosing:
The product says 1 scoop. I took one scoop (which is called the "PR Smasher") about 15-30 minutes prior to training. This is typical with most supplements. Company also says that 1/2 scoop and even 3/4 scoop will be sufficient to boost your workouts. I took the full scoop as opposed to the lesser due to a higher tolerance for stims.

8.0/10
I will admit, this product smashed me. My energy levels in the gym were extreme. I was lifting the weights and taking names. My strength was noticeably on point. Sometimes you go to the gym and are not feeling it so your workouts (preworkout) isn't boosting. There was a noticeable difference in my endurance and strength.

My focus and endurance was very good. I would find myself out of my body almost. The only thing in the gym to me was Myself, Iron Maiden, and the weights. I did not dilly around at all. I was in and I was lifting and I actually got all of my sets in on my time allotted (work life) with time to spare. I was able to do more pullups and I was not fatiguing as I usually did.

The pumps I received were very nice. A few sets and my arms were filling up and my veins were coming out. Leg day yielded great results with my squats. Recovery from my workouts were reduced as well. I typically lift 5 days a week and take off two consecutive. I felt I could have thrown another day in there and wouldn't even regret it. I didn't challenge myself in heavy cardio as I felt the stims were pretty high and I personally have concerns for my body in that aspect. When I run I don't use stimulant products. (just me though)

6.5/10
I did not give it a high score on the price, but I didn't give it a bad score. The most inexpensive price I found was 39.99 at their website. This is with the 20% off coupon they provide. This is not an extremely high price for the quality of the product. 2.00 per serving is about what it is adding up to be. I have grown to acknowledge that if you are going to make a highly effective and quality product that will yield a solid effect on the supplement community, it more than likely will not be cheap.

Side Effects

I only had one minor issue while taking this. Gym time was annihilation hour, however when I left and went to the office I was still in game mode. I did not get stable from the stims for a few hours after getting to work. In all reality, it helped me focus a little more at work so this may or may not be a bad effect. However if I had morning court, I would not be sitting still.

Conclusion

8.0/10
Formula X is a product that, if you have Pre workout money laying a round, you should definitely purchase. I am blessed with 3 jobs so I will have some toy money for this when I decide to get again, and I will. You will get all that you are needing out of a solid Pre and have some extra energy after. I suspect as time progresses, more flavor and even possibly more products will come out of this company as they seem to know what is in the interest for the lifters.

Overall
Thanks to Humanix for sending it out!
  July 9, 2018

VANAPHASE claims to be the next generation of vanadyl sulfate products. Claiming to help with Glucose levels in normal range and to utilize the carbohydrate storages for optimal muscle growth!

First off, I would like to thank Humanix for providing me with the chance to try VANAPHASE. This time of year, I try my hardest to keep my body in check and in healthy running order. With that said, I wanted to try a product that had an extremely simple profile and has been shown to work alone. So VANAPHASE hit my radar. I have taken similar products in the late 90's and I vaguely remember the results of these. However, I do not believe I had such positive results as I did on this run. I will give you the run down of the good and the bad of VANAPHASE. Keep in mind, I am not scientist so I am trying to leave out the big words I do not know!

Vanadium: 10mg- Vanadium
Vanadium is a metal that comes from natural foods like soybeans, shellfish, and mushrooms. After doing extensive research on the metal, doctors discovered that it could help support blood sugar levels. Basically from my research, the vanadium will shuttle all of the nutrients from the food you eat directly to the cells that need them. You will also keep your waist line in check because it will help with fat and glucose storages. The vanadium doesn't do anything crazy in your body. It simply works through insulin. VANAPHASE is essentially a glucose disposal agent. It should also be noted that the Humanix uses Bis-Glycinato Oxo Vanadium which means better absorption. Their DRcaps also help to get passed the acid in your stomach and make it to the second level of GI Tract, again, making better absorption.

There was no taste with these pills. No mixability issues either. The dosing was simple One(1) capsule with breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. They further state not to take on empty stomach nor between meals. This posed a problem initially for me. Because I do fast a better part of the morning hours. So normally this would mess up my breakfast fast. So for this, I got off my fast for the duration of the supplement.

7.0/10
This product, for the most part delivered on all that I have read. I felt leaner and harder while taking this product. My waist line did appear to be smaller. I am currently sitting at a 32 waist size, I was around a 33. I know that doesn't seem like a huge difference, but tell that to my pants. From dieting and being careful on my eating, I also was able to see some flatness taking place in my lower ab section. This may or may not be a factor of extreme focus on diet. I am currently the same size as while taking it and I have been off a few days. No negative changes have occurred in my physique. As far as the claim of vascularity, I have yielded positive results as well. My pumps were amplified and I just felt good during the use. I felt pretty strong and no lag in my normal daily routines. My only regret is not getting some sort of blood test before and after to check my levels. Regretfully, I was unable to do so.

7.5/10
The best price I found for a 30 day supple of VANAPHASE was actually on their personal sight it was around 36.00 or .41 cents per serving. That is not bad as far as price per serving goes in my opinion.

Side Effects

As far as side effects goes, I had small, but workable issues. I went off my fasting routine in the mornings so that I could take the product as it was instructed for maximal results and for fair reviewing. So after my breakfast meal was consumed (eggs, oats, ect), I would have really bad issues with what appeared to be an acid reflux-type issue. I would have a burping issue and it led me to feel like throwing up. It only took place earlier in the day and after I ate more, I was able to feel better. I did not feel like I was in any bodily danger so that is why I continued to take the product.

Conclusion

Overall: 6.5/10

In conclusion, I would recommend this product to anyone that is interested in using vanadium or any glucose disposal products. It is fairly inexpensive and the results I achieved where pretty good to me. As far as any side effects, please keep in mind results vary and always eat while taking the product. It may also be beneficial to check your blood levels before and after as well.

June 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stamina
  • Strength
  • Not Readily Available

European Pre workout that packs quite a punch!

At 34 years old, I am often intrigued by the different supplements that are out there in the world. While looking around some German lifting sights, I came across an ad for T1 Virus. At first I thought it was very gimmicky, then I did some research on the product and found that it seemed pretty decent. I then found the best place to order and a few weeks later, I got my shipment from a nice supplement company in Germany. Now to the review, I hope you enjoy.

This product ...

European Pre workout that packs quite a punch!

This product is pretty straightforward on the ingredient profile. It is however in German. This is not a problem, as you can quickly figure out what the ingredient is.

Fuel Blend:
Vitamin C 150mg
Calcium 150 MG
Magnesium 100 MG
Niacin 30 MG

Power/Strength & Endurance Matrix:
I'll give you a little definition of the general benefits as well as the ingredient profile. It is fairly lengthy I apologize, but I feel like it all needed to be on the list.

Beta Alanine Polyhydrate 3000mg (Buffers acid in muscles and increases physical performance)

Creatine Polyhydrate 3000mg

Betaine HCL 2000mg (Amino that can fight heart disease and helps promote muscle gain through promotion of Protein synthesis.)

Taurine 2000mg (helps with cardiovascular functions)

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 600mg (Brain and lung support. Also helps with Endurance)

Alpha GPC 150mg (has ability to enhance growth hormone production. Helps with cognitive functioning as well)

Pump/Vascularity & Energy Amplifier:

Citrulline Polyhydrate 6000mg ( nitric oxide booster)

Arginine Polyhydrate 4000mg ( nitric oxide booster)

Glyceromax 1500mg ( pump agent. Glycerol is able to significantly increase your blood volume, which will further boost your pump during exercise.)

Red Beet Powder 500mg (Nitric oxide booster. Rich in nitrates)

L-Norvaline 250mg ( Research has shown that l-norvaline can increase you body's nitric oxide production by 55%)

Resveratrol 200mg ( resveratrol keeps the blood vessels healthy and elastic, which is good for dilation in veins)

Weissdornblattextract 200mg (hawthorne Leaf Extract) (increases blood supply to muscles)

Hydrate and Defend:

Coconut Water 500mg (Helps with hydration during workouts)

Hesperidin 100mg ( Hesperidin stimulates stem cells to develop into muscle cells, which faster and more pronounced muscle growth and significantly speeds up your recovery after intense workouts. T1 Virus contains the full dosage of hesperidin.)

White Willow Bark Extract 100mg ( Anti Inflammatory agent)

Focus & Drive Intensifier

L-Acetyl Tyrosin 1500mg (increases strength)

Eria Jarensis Extract 250mg ( stimulant similar to DMAA)

caffeine 200mg (stimulant)

Dimethylaminoethanol 200mg (Focus enhancing abilities)

Absorption enhancer
Sodium bicarbonate 50mg (helps with acid in stomach)
Piperin 5mg (basically helps all of the abovementioned ingredients to absorb better)

If you notice the "Polyhydrate" behind the ingredients. Polyhydrate is something GN Labs created that protects from gastric acid destruction.

Taste:
I unfortunately chose the flavor Lemon Cola. It is definitely a unique flavor. Reminds me of a Ricola Cough drop. It isn't a horrible flavor, it is just different.

Mixability:
The product itself was harder than a brick bat in the container. I assume this is because it took a journey from Frankfurt Germany to Western Kentucky. I took it all out and softened it back up. After it was broken up, the product mixed well in my 20 ounce shaker bottle. There was no residue in the bottom of the cup once I was finished.

Dosing:
The dosing was pretty straightforward. One serving 15-30 minutes prior to training. The serving size is 3 scoops. The scoops are pretty small so when you first use it, you don't think you are getting enough product.

8.5/10
This product is a sleeper cell waiting to attack. It does not hit you as some products does and makes you attack the weights right out of the gate. It creeps up on you and gradually makes you feel like a beast. The first workout I had with T1, I was doing upper body. I completed my normal routine without a hiccup. I noticed I still had energy to go so I did some dips. I was able to complete 4 sets of 10 dips without full fatigue! I followed that off with Pushups and again, stamina for days. Not only was my first workout strong, but it continued until the bottle was empty. I was completely satisfied with this product. Leg day was not even a challenge anymore when I am supplementing with this. I am focused and I feel confident in my lifts.

7.5/10
The price of this product varies between 40 and 50 dollars depending on where you purchase it. I was able to find it for around 42 dollars(US) which was close to 2.50 per serving. That may seem High for 17 servings, but if you take into consideration the results you achieve, it is worth it in my opinion. Keep in mind also I lift 4 days per week and have one cardio day. I don't use pre-workout on cardio days, so that bottle lasts the month.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall----8.0/10
T1 virus is one of the strongest products I have tried as far as a Preworkout. The ingredients seem to work extremely well together to get you through the hardest workouts. I have ordered more of this as well as the non stim "anti Virus". If you are able to get online and purchase this, I would highly recommend it. It was a bit gimmicky if you watch the adverts for it online, but they were not kidding around when they talk about how strong it is.

Thanks to Mythos Supplements for sending it out!
  June 12, 2018

Cons:

An highly potent pre-workout with no frills, just ingredients. Costly, but you do get what you pay for in this product.

First off, I would like to thank Mythos Supplements and the SR for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. I would not have heard about it without them. I'm 34 and seeking out some non stimulant pre workouts. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out. My pre workouts have always been loaded with fillers and caffeine. so it was a change to try this out. A week before taking, I laid off any caffeine so that I had a advantage on the effects of this product. Today I am going to be giving my experience with Antaeus. I hope you enjoy.

There is no fillers in this pre workout whatsoever, none.

Citrulline Malate: 8.3 Grams (Enhances Muscle Pump, Performances & Nitric Oxide Booster and Increases Muscle Vascularity.)

Beta Alanine is at 4.2 Grams (reduces muscle fatigue to improve performance.) may also cause tingling sensation in your body

Beet Root 2.3 Grams (Has high nitrate content. Used to help with Nitric Oxide boosting).

L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 2.1 grams (Also aids in N.O production)

Glycerol Monosterate 10 Grams (Used for vascularity, pumps, and overall performance.

L-Arginine HCL 6.0 (Nitric Oxide boost)

Servings per tub are 15 (I was given two tubs in my experiment)

So as you can see this has pretty decent amount of pump Inducing ingredients. What you do not see is caffeine. This is because Mythos Supplements states that Caffeine restricts blood flow to decrease effects of the pump. By eliminating the caffeine, you are getting better pumps.

Ok, this is the part that was a struggle for me.

TASTE: "Flavored after the pulp Antaeus left in his wake" The taste was definitely lacking any sweet fruity flavors. It literally reminded me of drinking a V8 with a strong hint of beets or some other Dirt product. The taste of this definitely makes you hate life for the moments while you are drinking it. But having said that, it was not unbearable to do. Knowing that there is good stuff in the drink will help get you through it!

Mixability: The product Decent in my shaker bottle. It does leave grittiness, so you need to constantly shake it in order to get 100% of the product. It is dark "blood" red colored. So it does give you an image that you are drinking the blood of your enemies before battle. (fun thought)

Dosing: Dosing is very simple, take one scoop (33 grams) before training and go hit the weights.

With the bad taste, comes the great effects! Shortly after taking this Pre (10 minutes or so), I began to feel the skin tingly effect of the Beta Alanine. Once in the gym, I was ready to crush some weights. After a few warm-up sets, I could feel pump action. My strength gradually increased and my veins came out more prominent than usual while taking this product. I was actually seeing the veins in my shoulders again and that was a good feeling. So the lack of caffeine definitely proved that more vascularity occurs. I can't really say anything bad about how it effected my gym performance. The effect of the pump also stayed with me a while after my gym trips. I would like to think that was due to the higher amounts of the ingredients and lack of the caffeine. I would look down every once and a while and still see my arm veins just bulging out!

Ok, the value of Antaeus is a little pricy and at the moment, you can only purchase this through their website. $2.00 per serving is currently the price of Antaeus. Even though it is $30.00 per tub of 15 servings, don't let that deter you from buying this. You get what you pay for is the motto and I firmly believe that statement. To get a product with all of the effective ingredients of a good pre-workout minus any fillers, it is going to cost a little bit for that quality.

Side Effects

I had no real concerning sides while taking this product. The Beta Alanine "rush" was expected as with most of the products containing them. Due to the flavor of the product, I did have some earthy taste in my mouth for a while and when I burped, it was definitely rough. Again, nothing to worry about.

Conclusion

OVERALL: 8.1
Antaeus was a great Pre-workout that I will likely buy again and set aside for my stim free Workout programs. The ingredient profile is clean and clear as to what is in it. It did not leave me wondering if I was getting a meaningful workout or not as I felt the pumps, strength, and energy after taking it. Mythos Supplements has produced a very well rounded product. Again, the only thing that I really did not enjoy about Antaeus was the taste. I have tried several hundreds of supplements over the years and it definitely is unique in its own. It may not be suitable for those who have a picky taste. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Overall
Overall
6.9
Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
  June 1, 2018

A stimulant free fat burner for those who do not want the jitters associated with caffeine.

First, I would Like to thank Olympus labs for giving the opportunity to run this product. With my vacation season coming up in a month, I decided to start trying to loose the weight that I had gain previously. My starting weight last month when I began taking the product was 217lbs. My goal was to attempt go get down to around 205lbs without using any caffeine or any other stimulants. So I figured Olympus Labs Assass1nate would be an ideal candidate to hel...

First, I would Like to thank Olympus labs for giving the opportunity to run this product. With my vacation season coming up in a month, I decided to start trying to loose the weight that I had gain previously. My starting weight last month when I began taking the product was 217lbs. My goal was to attempt go get down to around 205lbs without using any caffeine or any other stimulants. So I figured Olympus Labs Assass1nate would be an ideal candidate to help.

The ingredient profile consists of the following:
Hovenia Dulcis 700mg:
Also known as Dihydromyricetin, has been found to activate AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) which will stimulate fatty acid oxidation and glucose uptake. This ingredient will be partially responsible for the thermogenic effect of Assass1nate.

Rosa Canina (Trans-Tiliroside) 500mg:
This ingredient has been used over the years as an antioxidant, diuretic, anti inflammatory, anti obesity, and interestingly enough, anti gout. (ill speak more on this later)

Rosmarinus officinalis (carnosic Acid) 500mg:
Carnosic Acid helps with producing enzymes that break down fats in the diet helping weight loss management
It has been said it is used to stimulate glucose uptake in skeletal muscle which provides further speed up the process to supplement with ASSASS1NATE with your big meals as it is directed to do so.

Orthosiphon Stamineus 300mg: (appetite suppressant)
The Orthosiphon Stamineus has been found to increase the hormone Leptin. This regulates how your body utilizes stored energy. It directly burns fat by preventing the storage of fat. It also reduces appetite.

Oleoylethanolamide 200mg:

This ingredient is produced in the body. It is typically found in the intestines. It actually is responsible for giving you the feeling of being full after eating.

Olive Leaf Extract 200mg:

Olive leaf extract has been shown to reduce blood pressure and is an anti inflammatory.

Lutein 125mg:
Lutein is found in high quantities in spinach and kale and also in the milk of grazing cows. it is known for helping prevent macular degeneration. It also possesses strong anti-oxidative that can improve physical activity levels. Lutein has also been found to stimulate energy metabolism.

Taste:
There is a typical pill taste that you get with nearly every capsule. It is nothing that would turn one off of the product.

Mixability:
Nothing to mix. Easy to swallow pills allow for smooth swallowing

Dosing:
It is required to take 4 capsules with your biggest meal of the day. For me that would be lunch as I do a hybrid fast until then.

6.5/10
I began taking the pills immediately upon arrival. For the month, I was on a complete caffeine free diet. It took a few days for me to actually notice anything was going on. After about day 3, I was able to notice that my body was heating up a little more than normal. Working out was surprisingly smooth as I was non stimming it. As previously mentioned, I would take the pills in mid day when I would consume my largest meal of the day. I dosed at the same time each day. My appetite grew smaller and smaller while taking this as well. This really helped with the hunger pains associated with eating minimal throughout the day. As I mentioned in the ingredient profile, the anti inflammatory and anti gout properties associated with Roa Canina actually proved to work. I had issue with my right foot with some mild gout. About 2 weeks after taking Assass1nate, the pain and swelling actually went away for me. It could also be my diet, but I cant leave this out since the ingredient is in here.
In conclusion of my run with Assass1nate, I can say my last weigh in as of 2 days ago was 210. I lost 7lbs while supplementing with this product. That is a pretty decent loss.

Checking around the price is at a consensus at 34.99. That is around .29 a pill or 1.16 per serving. To me, if it has the possibility to allow you to lose weight a way other than high caffeine, then that isn't a bad price. An energy drink is going to cost you around $2.00.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking the pills. I was able to use a non stim pre workout with this and no bodily effects were noted.

Conclusion

Overall 6.9/10
Assass1nate did what it said it would do. I took it as directed, with a large meal, and was able to maintain energy, thermogenesis, as well as appetite suppression. At the end of the day, I did not crash from taking the pills later in the day. I lost overall 7lbs with taking these along with a sensible diet. As we all know though, each person is different on how they respond to a product so basically results are going to vary from person to person.
To conclude, I was pleased with the results that was given to me. I will note though, if you decide to try this non stim approach, I would recommend getting a non stim Pre as well. It is actually encouraged through the company.

May 17, 2018

• At Time

Dark Metal has a unique take on their supplementation campaign. This particular product "Acid", is in their recovery line of products. I decided to give it a try since I have had the pre-workout (Manson) and rather had an interesting time with it.

I am a person who generally go into the gym and tries to dominate the weights and basically annihilate my body to try to achieve gains. I am also that person who when Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) kicks in I cant walk or move for a few days. After being turned on to this by a friend of mine, I decided to give it a try in order to overcome the soreness.

Why I chose this product?

I chose to buy BCAA's because they don't have to go through a complicated digestive process like the aminos you get from Whey and other foods. BCAA supplements are free form and they don't require digestion and are absorbed in the blood stream. I then picked "Acid" to try out because it was not expensive and a friend had suggested it to me. I also was tired of feeling sore and tired.

The ingredient Profile is pretty straightforward: 4:1:1 ratio with L Taurine. All together, provides a nice recovery product.

Acid has 4 grams of L Leucine.

This amino is effective for maintaining blood sugar levels and increases growth hormone production. L-Leucine combines with isoleucine and valine to protect and provide fuel to your muscles, and also helps to increase your endurance level and boost energy.

1 gram of Iso-Leucine (helps with endurance and healing)
1 gram of Valine (helps with repair and mental functioning)
1 gram of Taurine (can help with stress levels and promotes fat loss)

I purchased Mosh Pit Punch flavored for my run. I can say, the flavor was pretty good. It was the typical fruit punch we get in most of our supplements. At times you could tell there was an chemical aftertaste, which I was fine with. It just tasted like amino acid pills crushed up. It wasn't consistent, so it may have been me not stirring up the product before I scooped. Using a 20 oz bottle, the powder mixed well and there was no residue on the bottle or clumps. 1 scoop was poured each time and I would take it while I was lifting on gym days and when I was out in the heat walking.

During the whole time I used the product, I felt pretty good. My soreness slowly disappeared and I didn't feel tired in the gym. Since I wasn't as sore, my strength and endurance improved as well. Since I have done away with caffeine completely, I feel that there was a little energy boost from this product there as well. Also, given that I have reduced my caloric intake for dieting purposes, sipping on this during my workout also made me feel more full in both appetite and muscle fullness. Since I was supplementing with this and calorie cutting I also feel like I did not lose any muscle size/definition to the catabolic effects of dieting.

I purchased my Acid off of Amazon and it was around 16.98. This will break down to about .56 a serving. I feel it is a pretty good price for an amino based product. I feel this is about an average price for this type of supplement.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects from using this product

Conclusion

Overall rating 7.5

Overall, I was impressed with Dark Metal Acid. The name was a little silly, but this brand has some silly names so it didn't distract me from the ingredient profile. I was able to take this product with my diet, and no caffeinated products whatsoever and get a good workout and not be sore the next day. This product delivers a good dose of BCAA's that are required to get the job done in the gym. The taste was not bad at all when you mix it up properly before you scoop it out.

April 24, 2018

• Very Little Side Effects
  • Great Value
  • Slight Energy Boost
  • Low Pumps
  • Very Slight Bloat

I am always willing to try new things. Any time I stop by Wal-Mart or GNC (ect.), I alway check out what the deals are. I was able to find this little guy a while back and today I'll try to give it a review.

Body Fortress has been around for a while now. I typically see this brand at Walmart. I don't know if it is an equivalent to their "Great Value" products. I was in there earlier in the year and noticed the Super Advanced NOS Blast was sitting there on clearance for about $17.00 for 35 servings. I've seen it advertised online for anywhere around 25-30, so being a Pre-workout enthusiast, I bought it. Now I know on the label it says Pre workout amplifier. In my opinion I would list it as full preworkout.

16 Oz. Fruit Punch
Serving Size 1 Scoop (13 g)
Servings Per Container about 35
Sodium 15 mg 1%

Crea-ATP Matrix 2.5 g (2,550 mg) ***
Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine Hydrochloride

Nitro-Dilate Complex 2.5 g (2,500 mg) *** (Provides the PUMP)
L-Arginine 1.5 g ***
L-Citrulline Malate 750 mg ***
Agmatine Sulfate 250 mg ***

Neuro-Max Blend 1.5 g (1,525 mg) ***
L-Taurine 1 g ***
Choline Bitartrate 375 mg ***
Caffeine Anhydrous 150 mg

It has what is called Crea-ATP Matrix in it. This is combining Monohydrate with HCL creatine. It has potential given that HCL tends absorb better in the intestines. This may be the reasoning that the amount is lower that what is normally associated with creatine.
I like the way the label is listed. While it is a "complex" it does show the amounts of ingredient in it.
Agmatine Sulfate is also going to help out with that L-Arginine, and L-Citrulline Malate to produce the pump effect.

I got the fruit punch flavor. It was a typical taste that you would normally get from a pre-workout. Using a shaker bottle, the mixing was not really an issue but it was not consistent. There was a little bit of clumping going on. I shook it for about 45 seconds to a minute. I eventually had to just chew the chunks, which provides a whole new experience. If you can manage this, it really was not too bad. 1 scoop about 30-45 minutes before my training is what I took. I don't generally increase scoops due to me being caffeine free. (one scoop did the trick for me)

7.00/10
I gave it a 7 for the fact that I could tell this stuff was working and it did get my workouts going, but it was not completely solid results. I feel that if there was some more L-Arginine in the mix and maybe if the monohydrate was taken out and replaced with a little more creatine HCL, the product would have been a solid 8.00. The reason I say that is because I did feel a little bloated. I can't say for certain it was the monohydrate, but it can't be ruled out. I have had some Creatine Monohydrate in the past that did bloat me. The HCL will require less amount in dosing and has a better absorption rate so in my opinion would in turn cause less bloat.
While I did have some bloating, I did feel stronger the longer I took the product. So that is a plus 1 in my book. I did not have a significant pump as i normally do, so that was a little disappointing.

9.0/10
I am going to give it a 9 in value because it is nearly .50 per serving for me. I cant get a cup of Coffee or an energy drink for that daily. I was pleased that I paid less that $20 for a supplement with over a month in servings. I will buy it again if I see it that low.

Side Effects

As mentioned above the only side I had was the slight bloating.

Conclusion

Overall Rating:
7.5/10
Body Fortress Super NOS Blast was an inexpensive product that yielded some good, not solid results. The product itself was decent. Like mentioned above, it could have a little more L-Arginine and Creatine HCL, but that is completely preference of me. The pump wasnt as strong, strength was there, and it did give me some bloat but It would be a great beginner preworkout Amplifier as described on the product, or in my opinion, a preworkout. Either way, it is nothing that should be overlooked if you have a few dollars and want something in a lower end budget.

April 23, 2018

Cons:

The Beyond Raw series at GNC has produced some single ingredient products that you can basically mix with each other to ultimately create your ideal concoction. Today we will look at L-Arginine

L-Arginine is an amino acid that contributes to increase Nitric Oxide levels in the body. This promotes vasodilation which in turn makes you pumped. Beyond Raw contains 3 grams of L-Arginine per dose. 3-6 grams is typically the daily dosing amounts that I could find being used when I initially researched this amino. L-Arginine, due to its increased blood flow effect is also used in treating Erectile Dysfunction (The more you know!)

5 calories
    1g carbs
    3 grams L-Arginine

Non flavored L-Arginine makes it simple to throw it into your pre-workout or even into some juice before your workout. Using a shaker, I had no issue at all with mixing. One scoop Provides a full 3 gram dose of L-Arginine.

I was pleased with this product. I initially wasn't expecting much of an impact since I have tried other supplements with good, but not great pumps. So I was going into the product with a clich expectation. So on day one I mixed it in with a Pre-workout that did not have any L-arginine in it. I took it roughly 30-45 minutes prior to my gym session. After getting into the warm-up phase of the lifting I definitely noticed the pump coming along nicely. I'm typically a veiny guy, but this particular product I believe brought them out even more. My workout pump was full for sure. The pump lasted well beyond the workout also, which is a great thing. I never went beyond one full serving due to me being a tight wad with my supplements/money. When I ran out of my tub, I took time off of it so I could get my body free of supplements. I noticed that the pump wasn't as good.

7.0/10
    I paid around .53/serving. I have never bought just a straight up L-Arginine product before so it was hard to actually judge a value on it. However, I don't necessarily think it was a bad price since I got such a good pump off of it. The tub also lasted 30 workouts so in all reality that does seem a solid value. If for some reason you up your dosing, the value may drop.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

8.0/10

As a single ingredient supplement, I was pleasantly surprised with the effects of the L-Arginine. I would definitely be interested in trying this along with the rest of the line that they have. It appears to be a high quality product that I will continue to purchase

April 23, 2018

• Your Blood Work Will Love This
    • Helpes Prevent Possible Sides
    • Very Effective
    • Great Value
    • No Acme
    • Smells Funny

Anytime you are running something out of the ordinary, lets say a PH, it is always wise to have along some herbs and extracts that are going to help with any sides that may incur. Some common sides with a PH is: acne, aggression, mood swings, libido loss, lower testosterone after cycle, headaches, higher blood pressure, and sometimes even liver damage due to the toxicity. It is always key to have support with and after to be on the safe side.

Competitive Edge Labs created Cycle Assist to solve any of the issues that one may have when on a Prohormone. I have taken, over the years plenty of Prohormones and have experienced the sides that came along with it. It was only when I found this product that I realized I could control a few of the effects.

To me, the ingredient profile is the most important part of a supplement. When a company labels each ingredient and the amount per of that ingredient you are getting per dose, that is a plus. "Propriety doses" are things you need to look out for when your organs and well being is on the line. Each serving of Cycle Assist provides the following:

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 4 capsules (Serving suggestion is 8 capsules per day, so double your getting double what is shown)

Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving:

N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine - 750 mg

Milk Thistle (Standardized to 80% Silymarin) - 500 mg

Those two right there, are important ingredients to help with liver function

Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) - 500 mg 5000% (cholesterol support)

Hawthorn Berry Extract (Standardized to 1.8% Vitexin) - 450 mg (blood Pressure support)

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCL) - 50mg 2500 % (blood pressure support)

Saw Palmetto Extract (Standardized to 45% Fatty Acids) - 160 mg

Celery Seed Extract (10:1) - 75 mg (Helps with lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, and improve circulation as well)

Grape Seed Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins) - 75 mg

Policosanol - 20 mg

Zinc Gluconate - 15 mg 100%

Being a pill, it doesn't have a taste. It does however, have a smell in the bottle from all of the stuff in the pills that may give you a since of doom while taking it. Especially if you open the bottle and get a whiff before you actually take them. but other than that, it is extremely tolerable. The Capsules are standard size and go down with ease.
    4 pills per serving and recommended dose is two servings per day.

8.6/10
    I can tell you this particular product worked for me. My first cycle I ever took did not include a comprehensive ingredient label as this one. I basically just took Silymarin (milk thistle) and some Hawthorne. I suffered dearly. My Urine turned toxic almost, I had extreme back pumps and my blood pressure skyrocketed. A friend of mine turned me on to Cycle Assist and I haven't gone back. The whole time I was on the most recent cycle, I took my pills spaced apart from around 8am-8pm (12 HRS). I did not get any of the previously mentioned sides. I was late starting because of shipping issues, but I was able to start up on about day 5. By this time, I initially notice the urine change. So I prayed to the supplement Gods to hurry on the delivery. I was able to get it and start it up before anything else occurred. That side went away quickly and nothing else took place. It should also be noted that the PH I was using has been the same that I always use. I did not change that up.

9.0/10
    I can't put a price on my Liver, so I gave it a solid score on Value. I paid roughly $1.32 per day on this. That is with using 2 servings. If you are using a mild cycle, then you could cut that price in half. I have seen this for sale on some sites for around $30.00 which is a little less what I paid.

Side Effects

I did not have any side effects while taking this. I did have an issue getting the pills down at first due to the smell in the bottle.

Conclusion

Overall score on this is a solid
    9.0/10
    Like I have mentioned, I cannot stress the importance of taking an On cycle supplement when you are taking a PH or any equivalent cycle. I have gone without and can tell you it was barely tolerable. Competitive Edge Labs did a pretty good job with this product and the ingredient profile seems to be just enough to help my body out in a time of stress. Blood pressure and liver functioning issues can be decreased and overall avoided by simply supplementing this product with the cycle. An interesting fact about this product is that it can also be used a PCT support as well. I will continue to buy this every time I start a new cycle.