aironstone

• Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since February, 2017
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by aironstone

Thanks to Orgono for sending it out!
  November 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps With Joints
  • Helps With Ligaments
  • Helps With Tendons

I wanted to give a huge thank you, to SR and Orgono, for allowing me to try the product. I always have some joint or tendon problems. I grew up playing soccer and lifting , so my hips really took a beating. Once I started lifting while I was in the military that also did not help with the wear and tear. So my joint pain may not be deadly 5/10 most days, but it is chronic.
    And let me tell you what Orgono was and was not able to do.

Fairly simple ingredient list for this one, each 15mg
    Silic Acid 6mg
    Glycine 1.5mg
    And a prop blend of 1.8mg ...

And let me tell you what Orgono was and was not able to do.

Fairly simple ingredient list for this one, each 15mg
    Silic Acid 6mg
    Glycine 1.5mg
    And a prop blend of 1.8mg of
    Horsetail extract
    Rosemary Leaf extract

From my understanding the real working ingredients here are Silic Acid and Glycin those two are supposed to help you with the joint and tendon problems and pains.
    The prop blend (For what reason those doses are not disclosed, I do not know) is here to help with any inflammation.

I only drank the product, straight from the little shot glass provided at 15ml , twice a day.
    Ok I will say this one time and that will be embarrassing enough.
    The product tastes a lot like the makeup powder girls use on their face. If you have ever had the pleasure of having a sloppy one-night stand your sophomore year, you would know what I am talking about.
    Regardless it's not disgusting by any means, just too chemically for my liking.
    I really should have considered adding it to other beverages to see how that would go.

Well, after the first week is when I felt some sort of alleviation of my symptoms. I usually have a nagging pain in my hips and down my hip flexors. If it gets too bad I settle for something with Cissuis. However after about a week of 15ml twice a day, I really felt relief. I noticed that after my soccer games or running, in general, my hips and legs do not feel the same pain as before. (normally after those workouts is when it would be at it's worst).
    I did not notice any sort of amazing recovery properties, I was still sore and had to recoup. But I certainly noticed the relief of pain.

About 2 weeks after I finished the product, I just got back from a soccer game, my pain levels are not as bad as what they used to be. Yet they are not as low as they were while I used the product.

$42.55 is the lowest price for the 67 serving bottle, that I was able to find. Considering you'd need 2 servings a day, that gives you about $1.28 per day. Not too steep for the relief of your pain, but some other joint products can do better as far as price.
    However since this is a niche product that people use for pain relief, I would say it is worth it.

Side Effects

Makes you remember all the awful times you ended up with make-up in your mouth.

Conclusion

If you have the problems with joints and tendons and they are chronic, I would encourage you to give this a try as it may be just the relief you need.

Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!
      November 23, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Herbal Blend
    • Immune System Support
    • Energy
    • Great Price

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      Yet again I would like to thank SR and Maxler for allowing me to try this product. Normally I am not too good with taking my vitamins but for the review I took them every day.

Here is what I enjoyed seeing:
      Aminos
      Standard doses for the vitamins
      Full dose disclosure for all of the ingredients

VitaMen has an ingredient list that is highly similar to, and also improved from, Optimum Nutrition's Opti-Men.

No taste, just pop 3 pills first thing in the morning, before br...

Here is what I enjoyed seeing:
      Aminos
      Standard doses for the vitamins
      Full dose disclosure for all of the ingredients

No taste, just pop 3 pills first thing in the morning, before breakfast and you're good to go.

Now it did not cure my stis, but I was able to experience quite a few benefits while taking this vitamin. First off my daily energy was improved at about week two. I am not talking about the preworkout type energy where I am wired! What I am referring to is a general state where I am not drowsy or foggy headed throughout the day, even if it's 2 pm after lunch! As far as immune support I was pretty good, a week after not using the supplement I got a cold sore on my lip as I said it did not cure my STIs!

Ok so if you have Amazon Prime or know someone who has prime, you will be able to get this vitamin for 11.95 and free two day shipping! God, people used to pay more than that just for shipping alone! That comes out to around 40 cents a day which I think is an amazing price point for a good vitamin.

Conclusion

Overall a great product with a great price. I typically enjoy vitamins in soft caps rather than hard tablets, but at such a great price and good product, I would not complain.

Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!
        November 13, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Jitters
      • Lasts For Several Hours
      • Provides Quick Alertness
      • Conveniet To Use
      • Taste Bad
      • A Sugar Free Verion May Be Desired
      • More Flavors Would Be Great

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      Huge thank you to Vital 4U and SR for letting me use this product. I mostly used it during the mid day slump at work.

180mg of caffeine and some other herbs and grasses. As far as the profile goes there isn't really anything revolutionary here.

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

OK this is a great product, but it is definitely not for the people who mind a bad taste. I'm not one of those people and I do enjoy a good coffee, but I really did not enjoy my experience drinking this product. I would never mix it, because I did not want to extend the pain of drinking it. I'd just open the packet and down it as fast as I could, followed by a glass of water.

To be honest I did not expect this product to perform as well as it has. 180mgs of Caffeine is not all that much for a stim junkie. I think due to the natural herbs the product worked really well. I'd take it around 2 o'clock at work and by 230 , I would be back in the game working hard. No jitters or lags and the energy would last I would be wired and typing up emails and making phone calls like my life depended on it.

At what comes out to be around $1.50 a packet deal, I really don't see a problem with this price. A triple double chai mocha latte at Starbucks will cost you an arm and a leg as well as your firstborn but will not give you nearly as, much energy as Screaming Energy!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'd really recommend this product to anyone who could use a little energy or as a beginner pre-workout. At $1.50 a packet I do not see why you wouldn't give it a try!

Thanks to Advanced Molecular Labs for sending it out!
        October 10, 2016

• Clinically Dosed Ingredients
      • Increased Day Strength
      • Convenient Because It Is Complete
      • Mental Focus
      • Affordable
      • Not Enough Pump

Huge thanks to SR and AML for letting me review this product. Lately I haven't been able to workout every day so I haven't taken the product every day, which in turn allowed me to get a better feel for it.

Alright so off the bat we see that the profile isn't without holes and has prop blends, With few selected ingredients being disclosed. They happen to be the usual suspects, the one that every gym junkie wants to know about!

"Bro, how much caffeine this Preworkout have? I'm a stim junkie?"
      400mg
      "Bro , does this pre have creatine ? Creati...

"Bro, how much caffeine this Preworkout have? I'm a stim junkie?"
      400mg
      "Bro , does this pre have creatine ? Creatine gives you sick gainz!"
      5 grams of Creatine monohydrate
      "Damn brosef stalin thats sick! How about beta alanine ? I love those tingles!!??!"
      Standard 2g dose here.
      "Wow thats awesome, so how about pump bro? It got any of that sick veiny pump?"
      6g of citrulline malate

I also see a few other ingredients that i liked in the formula although the dosages weren't disclosed. ATP is one of them. The rep mentioned something about theacrine (I love this thing even with its awful taste!) and p-synephrine but I couldn't find them on the label.

I don't know how I feel about the prop blend here, part of me does thing that there is no magic formula that should be "protected by prop blends" .
      On the other, if you do not hold a patent and pretty much anyone can copy your formula 1:1, why make it easy for them?
      So I'm still on the fence here!

I received the fruit punch flavor, which I'm normally not a fan of but it was ok not delicious or anything but not gross either.
      The product does settle at the bottom after shaking rather quickly so I had to keep on stirring it while drinking it. Nothing crazy but some ingredients , such as Citrulline, just don't mix all too well.
      I found that the product would take a while for me to kick in. So I would time it anywhere 40 to 50 minutes pre workout.

Now is this the best preworkout of all time? No, the best pre workout of all time is the one you took for the first time and thought you were riding the magic unicorn stallion into the kingdom of gainz. But in the world of new large scoop formulas AML's preworkout does put up a good fight. My energy was really high on this preworkout at times almost felt euphoric I would be able to go to the gym early in the morning or after a long day at work all the same. I forgot all about that negging voice "ooh take it easy today you don't want to pull your (insert muscle name here)" and just felt good finishing up my reps even when they were hurting. Although there is 6g of citrulline my pump and vascularity were ok, nothing more. Somehow I anticipated more.

As mentioned by many others the cheapest website to order this product on is luckyvitamin.com.
      At $30.71 Per 20 servings, each scoop comes out to $1.53.. Good thing is that you'll never have to double scoop. At that price point it seems sort of expensive, but when compared to other Full One Scoop formulas, the selling point is about the sale $1.50-$2.00 per scoop.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A decent full one scoop pre workout gives you the energy and focus you need, I wish pump was more profound! On par with competition and puts up a good fight!

Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending it out!
        August 26, 2016

• No Proprietary Blend
      • 2 Scoop Formula
      • Advertised Effects Not Present At Recommended Dose
      • Under-dosed Ingredients

Huge thank you to SR and Platinum Labs for giving me the opportunity to try Defcon 1 Second Strike. I ran this product over the course of 4 weeks taking it 2-3 times a week, I did not use any other pre workouts. I have heard good stuff about it from friends in the gym so I was excited to give it a go!

First off I'd like to point out the full disclosure label that Platinum Labs provides with Defcon 1. I really enjoyed seeing theobromine, synephrine and betaine in the mix, which are all decent ingredients in PWO along with the standard caffeine, beta alanine and taurine. However many of the dosages for the ingredients render them useless for PWO qualities. With L-Citrulline at 500mg (standard dose 4-8g), theobromine at 100mg ( about 1/5th of what I would take) and betaine anhydrous at miserly 50mg (750mg - 2g is regular dosage). I would much rather have the standard dosage of just one of those ingredients than a little bit of everything , Defcon 1 tries to be a jack of all traits but as usual is master of none.

I did enjoy caffeine at 180mg, it's a good dosage in sense that people who have low tolerance can take it without being jittery and stimheads could doublescoop for desired effect.

I had the Tigers Blood flavor which I loved, tastes like watermelon/strawberry/coconut mix, I don't know how many endangered tigers died for my pwo but their death was totally worth it!
      There were no problems with mixability, nothing floating or foaming.
      I started with one scoop, but quickly doubled my dosage which seem to have at least some sort of effect on me.

At standard 1 scoop, I felt nothing. I mean there was no difference between my PWO free workouts and the ones when I took Defcon 1. After bumping up to 2 scoops, I did feel an energy boost and certainly felt the beta-alanine tingles. I would not say my endurance and strength increased in any manner as the weight I lifted did not change, nor did the rep range. As far as effectiveness goes, at 2 scoops I felt a very slight improvement to my workouts. I could see how this product could be good for a beginner however, but it is def not for someone who has experience with stims under their belt.

The lowest I found Defcon 1 was for 27.99 on TFsupplements. At that price point , under 1 dollar per scoop, Defcon 1 would be a great purchase for a beginner/intermediate preworkout user.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Defcon 1 is a decent beginner pwo, however for an experienced user the dosages of many ingredients are just not sufficient. Although the price point is fair, I would have to say that in order for me to purchase this product in the future, I would like to see standard dosage on all ingredients, even if it is done at the expense of another underdosed ingredient.

Overall
      Overall
      Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
        July 27, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixes Well
      • Zero Fat And Carbs
      • Great Value
      • Lactose And Gluten Free
      • No Fillers
      • Super Clean Protein
      • I Use It Daily
      • Good Price
      • Dissolves Effortlessly

Hey there supplement enthusiasts! Back at it again with another review, I'd like to thank SR and NutraBio for letting me try 100% Whey Isolate. I was really excited to try the product, especially after recently witnessing NutraBio's CEO defend his products ruthlessly against Jym and Jim Stoppani.

NutraBio claims to be transparent and pure and their ingredients show how they live up to their claim.

100% Whey Isolate comes in about 29g scoop, with 28.18g of it being Whey Protein Isolate (non-denatured) and "more sciency stuff here". The flavoring takes up less than 1g, to be specific the Natural Orange Flv, xanthax gum, beta carotene, sucralose, annatto powder (this is for the orange flavor only, other flavors may have more or less, but not significantly). So you may think "wow 28.18g of protein per scoop, that's amazing!!!" , but the truth is not all the protein is absorbed! BUT NutraBio actually display that on their label, mentioning that only 90% of their protein materializes. That's a really nice touch, as I'm more than sure that most manufacturers just show you the amount of protein before the breakdown as part of nutritional info.
        The macros per scoop are Cal 110, Protein 25g, Carbs 1g. Fats are so marginal they aren't mentioned.

Orange flavor was superb, I've enjoyed Isoflex Orange Dreamsicle and ProAction Orange Creamsicle but this was a great flavor , not too strong and chemically yet the flavor was strong enough to not confuse it. I really enjoyed drinking it with milk rather than water, the thickness really reminded me of an orange milkshake.

Mixability is really simple here, most good isolates are almost fluffy and can dissolve by just swishing the liquid around. No surprise that 100% Whey Isolate would dissolve after a few shakes.

Dosing is rather simple, 1-3 scoops can be taken through the day or whenever you want to "satisfy your protein requirements"... my personal recommendation is POST WORKOUT!!!

Protein is protein. Great protein is great protein! No crazy gains, but I did notice that it sits light with your stomach, even if taken with milk, and I am usually hungry again within an hour and ready to eat my meal!

Now I received a 2Lb tub but after some research, I found that the 5Lb is more cost effective. With 80 servings for 79.99 USD, you're basically paying 1 a serving. I think that is well worth the spending considering you know what you're getting and how much you're actually going to absorb per scoop, not just the total protein value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As far as good protein goes, 100% Whey Isolate has to be up top. I really like the taste but, in the light of recent events with Jym (which I highly praised before=I), I more so deeply value the real transparency and not "transparency" that tries to confuse/mislead the consumer.

P.S.
        The protein isn't really "not widely available" I found that even GNC carry it now, therefore it shouldn't be hard to find.

June 2, 2016

• Great Bcaa Profile
        • Has Protein
        • Keeps You Lean
        • Shortens Recovery Time.
        • Not Alot Of Fillers

I've had the pleasure of trying plenty isolates in the past year only a few stuck out at me. Previously I used to be a huge proponent of Isoflex and Isopure, given that both provide 25-27g of protein per scoop. Phormula-1 is lower dosed as far as grams of protein per scoop, however in my experience the Hydrolyzed protein does compensate for those couple of grams.

The ingredient list seems to be rather deep, from my understanding a scoop (depending on the flavor) provides 23 grams of protein isolates, but not just any isolate this is 100% Hydrolyzed Protein Isolate. The hydrolyzation means that this protein acts as pre chewed protein and has better digestion and absorption rates, which is why I only took it immediately after my workouts (not before and after like the bottle suggests)

As far as taste, this is a decent 7.5 out of 10 on most flavors. The CTC and fruit loop flavors are decent but the taste is too blend when mixed with water. The typical vanilla and chocolate flavors are good but nothing to be yearning for, this isn't Syntha-6
        One thing I was impressed with is the mixability of Phormula-1. A scoop of this protein will dilute in 4 oz water as well as it will in 8oz.
        Dosing is simple, I only used this post workout, 1 to 2 scoops. 23g of protein, although Isolate and Hydrolyzed doesn't seem like a lot to me. Sometimes I'd throw in 1st Phorm's Ignition into my post workout shake, that certainly added sweetness to the flavor.

Whenever it comes to protein its hard to gauge exactly how much better or worse the product is than the last protein you took. I did notice that at 2 scoops I would feel significantly less sore after my workouts, than when I would take 2 scoops of ON's Gold Standard. As per recommendation on the bottle I also used this product with Ignition, 1st Phorms Carb product which is basically straight sugar at 46 grams. When these too are combined I felt much better recovery and my muscles were very full.

Now online this product is about $60. But if you visit a real store out in the mall, I know its crazy you might even have to talk to someone, you'll probably get a better deal. And I'm not talking about S2, which is 1st Phorms parent company or the other way around. I get mine for around $45, which is steep for 30 servings, but than again this is comparable to the higher end proteins. At $1.5 a scoop, Its right there with our pro complexes, Isopures and such premium names.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

If you are a daily gym goer, who isn't counting macros or cares about the fastest protein rates this is def a protein you can skip, there is certainly a better bang for you buck. If you have a few bucks to burn, are serious about your protein sources or planning to step on stage this might be something you'd want to try.

Thanks to Antaeus Labs for sending it out!
          June 1, 2016

• Innovative Ingredient
        • Works Well In Combo W Other Products
        • Temporary Lethargy

I'd like to give a huge thank you to SR and Antaeus Labs for allowing me to try BAIBA. I ran this product on its own and in combination with Antaeus' Lipomorph. The review will touch up on effects of both, while mainly focusing on BAIBA.

Only one ingredient here, BAIBA aka -aminoisobutyric acid. Research shows that BAIBA helps with "browning" of the white fat cells, in turn making them more active and susceptible to being utilized as energy. In layman's terms BAIBA makes bad fat become good fat and then destroys it!

----Taste/Mixability/D...

Since the product comes in powder form with no scoop, Antaeus designates we take 500mgs, I just went for of teaspoon twice a day. The nice touch here is that the powder has no taste or texture. You can mix it with any of your pow/amino/protein drinks or just take it off the spoon with some water.

This part is tricky, although I did experience weight loss while on BAIBA, it was during the combination of BAIBA and Lipomorph. When combined with Lipomorph, I felt the thermogenic effects were amplified. Lipomorph, as you may tell from my review of it, will make you hot!!! The combo of 2, is SweatCity 2.0. Unfortunately when I took BAIBA on its own, I only experienced lethargy, which is no bueno.

For $33 you can get a can that will last you a month, which isn't a bad value, I wouldn't recommend it however. Go with Antaeus' other stim free product Lipomorph, better value for your money.

Side Effects

Lethargy! I am not specifically sure why, but I would get really drowsy or tired for about half an hour after taking BAIBA. Even when combined with a pwo, I felt like I was not at my best and my pwo could have hit harder.

Conclusion

Overall BAIBA seems like a very innovative ingredient in the weight loss supplement market. However due to other competitors (which work better) and no concrete understanding of proper dosage.

Thanks to Antaeus Labs for sending it out!
          May 30, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Weight Loss
        • Thermogenic Effects
        • Makes You Sweat Thru Your Clothing

Big thanks to SR and Antaeus Labs for allowing me to try Lipomorph. While I was running the product I kept a clean diet with 40/40/20 macronutrient intake.

Lipomorph has an interesting profile of ingredients that many of us have never had an experience with. Being a stim free fat burner, many ingredients focus on activating the white fat cells and transforming them into active brown or beige fat cells. BAIBA and Octopamine both primarily focus on the activation and conversion of the above mentioned cells. Technically, since brown fat is utilized for energy, this would mean you could take a pill and do nothing and then just burn off the fat when you utilize the newly created energy. Another interesting ingredient is Menthol. Claiming that menthol can mimic long term cold exposure which would activate the brown fat cells. (There may be some anecdotal evidence to that even from my experience)

Explanations for every ingredient in Lipomorph

Since this is a pill product there aren't any issues with taste or mixing. 1-2 pills twice a day. I took mine, morning and afternoon.

Let's start with the biggest factor here. THERMOGENIC effects are superior to majority of the products I've tried. You will heat up and you will sweat. Lipomorph had me taking my jacket off in 50 Degree NY cold in March. People were looking at me like I was on crack and I'm pretty sure I played the hot sweaty part. I also appreciated the lack of tiredness, allow me to elaborate. Normally stim free fat burners, especially if they work, will end up leaving me dead tired(this was the case with BIABA, I used standalone in my upcoming review). I normally end up compensating with some coffee or and energy drink, but this wasn't necessary with Lipomorph. As far as yielding results, I will certainly there was fat loss that was associated with Lipomorph and not just my dieting. I can not finger point to how many pounds, I'd say over the period of a month, about 1-2lbs (out of 5lbs lost) can be attributed to Lipomorph.

At Lockout the product is sold for $37, that's for 60 pills. So at 2 pills a day that would last you a month, were looking at $1.23 a day. Honestly if you're looking a good stim free burner, I don't think this is a bad price, especially considering the interesting ingredients that many have never seen previously.

Side Effects

Heat! Thermogenic Heat!!! It will make you hot, don't wear nice shirts with it.

Conclusion

Overall Lipomorph is a good product with a very rare profile. I certainly would recommend this to anyone who wants a stim free fat burner and doesn't mind getting hot and sweaty.

Thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending it out!
          May 3, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Fully Dosed
        • High Quality Ingredients
        • Actual 1 Scoop PWO
        • Citruline Was Dosed Well
        • Dye Free
        • On The Expensive Side
        • Beta Alanine Under Dosed As A Standalone
        • Not For Stim Tolerant

This is a second product I got to try from Kaged Muscle, first one was the In-Kaged. I will discuss Pre-Kaged stand alone and in combination with In-Kaged. I'd also like to thank SR and Kaged muscle for giving me the opportunity to try the supplements and write the review.

I will give my opinion on few of the ingredients and the formula itself, as few members have already done a fantastic job defining all the ingredients in detail.

First off let's note that since Pre-Jym, it has become more and more popular to produce larger properly dosed and fully disclosed formulas (thank god). People don't mind paying more if they are getting quality...SURPRISE!

A great touch on the whole formula is the fact that majority ingredients used are Brand Name and hold patents, again improving the quality since you know exactly what you're getting!

L-Citrulline is very well dosed at 6.5g, surely you should feel the pumps!

The Caffeine utilized is Organic PurCaf at 274mg, I can't say it was somehow superior to regular caffeine, but it's organic so it must be good! However if not utilized in combination with In-Kaged, I feel like 274mg was too little for me.

Just like Ford Model-T this comes only in one color, red..ish and its Fruit Punch flavored.
        The taste is better than your normal generic FP flavor, but not anything I'd care to try again.
        There was no problem with mixability and dosing is fairly simple, one scoop about 30 minutes before your workout.

As far as effectiveness the product works differently stand alone vs when combined with the In-Kaged.
        When utilized alone, I felt a fantastic pump and was able to push for longer. My endurance increased certainly. Unfortunately my energy increase was ok at best, I felt a slight hit but nothing amazing.( But then again I'm a stim junkie). Also there was no increase in focus, which I love in my preworkout.

With In-Kaged
        Let's put it in bodybuilding terms, when used with In-Kaged its becomes pre-workout on steroids. Everything improved, sickening pumps, endurance increase is superb and the 100mg of caffeine give me the energy I wanted. Also I would start sweating a ton more when both products were combined, way more than when I'd normally just use In-Kaged. That tunnel vision focus I so yearn for, is still nowhere to be found.

At 34.97 a tub and 20 servings, I feel like due to lack of energy and focus I'd have to go with something different. The pump and endurance alone wouldn't make me stay.

When combined with In-kaged it's a combination worth trying, but the price goes All The Way Up, kinda like Fat Joe.

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

A great quality formula, with strong endurance and pump. Unfortunately, if you're stim tolerant, it won't hit you or give you the energy or focus you need. Combining it with In-Kaged to overcome the stim tolerance may become too expensive.