abailey108

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online this week

Reviews by abailey108

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  November 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Increased Hydration
  • Great Macros
  • Foamy
  • Can Be Hard To Mix

If you are looking for a solid Why Isolate that tastes good and fits right into your macros, looks no further than Protolyte from VMI Sports. This whey iso sits well in the belly while keeping the calories and the carbs at a low.

I'm pretty much digging VMI Sports these days. The couple of products I have tried have not disappointed me one bit. I greatly appreciate their willingness to donate so many of their products for us to try and review. I usually use Whey Concentrate, mainly because it works for me and tends to be cheaper. But I do enjoy trying a nice Isolate every now and then. I saw this product available along with the fact that there was a peanut butter based flavor and knew I had to give it a shot.

I got the Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream flavor that has a slightly different profile than the others for calories and carbs. For some reason the facts for this flavor arent on the VMI website. But anyhow, this flavor has 109 calories per scoop with 4g carbs. Most the other sit around 105 calories and 1g carb. I'll talk more about a why that might be in the next section. With all that you get 24g of protein which I still think is pretty darn good. They also added 136mg of potassium along with the TRAACS ingredient you might be familiar with from other VMI products. This is basically a formula for added energy and hydration which I do believe works pretty well. As I said in my review for Aminogex, google TRAACS and you can go to the website and read all about it. You could probably spend a few hours reading through all that info if you really wanted to. Overall, I think this formula is very solid and I think the results speak to that.

I got the Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream flavor and loved it. I'm pretty picky with the peanut butter flavors because Reese's candies are about the only candies I'll ever eat and I really like peanut butter. My favorite flavored protein powder to this day is cookies and cream combat powder from musclepharm. When I saw VMI had a mixture of C&C and Peanut Butter there was no doubt in my mind that I had to try it. It didn't disappoint me. The flavor was spot on, and put some almond milk in there once in a while.... oh man it's tasty. Maybe those few extra carbs added to the awesomeness of this flavor or maybe it was the little specs of cookie you could see floating around. You do have to shake this stuff up pretty good and even then the mixability isn't great, jut good enough. I didn't experience quite as much foaming as some other people did, but it was there a little bit. I usually had this in the morning and postworkout.

Not too much to say in this section as it is a protein powder. The most important things to me were that even at 2 scoops, this stuff was very easy on the stomach. Didn't feel overly full or bloated and no GI issues at all. I do think the TRAAC stuff and the added potassium really separate this from your run of the mill protein product. Hydration and energy are always our friend.

Protolyte can get expensive, but right now All-Star has it for $34.99 which is a very fair price compared to the $49.99 at VMI's website. I think we all expect to pay a little more for an ISO, and given the fact that this is an above-average one, I think its fair.

Side Effects

No bloating, no out of the ordinary BMs, nothing.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a solid ISO to give a try, I'd suggest starting with Protolyte. Between the profile, flavor and lack of negative side-effects, this is definitely a winner. VMI Sports is definitely on the right track with their products and this one was no different. As always, thank you to them and SR for giving us the opportunity to try this stuff out!

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.2
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  November 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Endurance
  • Taste

Aminogex Ultra is a solid performing BCAA product that I think we can all find a place for in the cabinet. My three top things about it were flavor, reduced DOMS and increased hydration. I played around with it by taking it sometimes and then not taking it and I really could notice the difference.

I am always on the lookout for a well-valued, quality BCAA product to keep in my supplement cabinet. I noticed this product had some good reviews and was made by a solid company. Therefore, it was time to give it a rip. Big thanks to VMI and SR for yet another opportunity. It is always appreciated. I had some real good workouts while I used Aminogex. I found this app on the appstore called FitBod and it is actually pretty decent if anyone wants to check it out. It caters just about anyone in the weight room and is very flexible. Anyways, let's talk about my experience with Aminogex.

The meat and potatoes of this profile are the InstAminos and the TRAACS by Albion. The InstAminos consist of leucine, iso-leucine and valine at 3.5g, 1.75g and 1.75g respectively. I like that ratio, especially based on the results I had while using Aminogex. TRAACS stands for The Real Amino Acid Chelate System. It consists of potassium glycinate, magnesium glycinate and calcium glycinate. Also from Albion is magnesium glycinate glutamine. In all honesty, just google TRAACS by Albion. They have a very elaborate website that explains everything in great detail. That way I won't bore you to death. All in all this comes across as a solid BCAA profile with some added hydration benefits. They also included Betaine at 1.25g and as others have stated, this may be a bit underdosed but better than nothing. I like it.

I received the Cherry-Lime Italian Ice flavor and it was pretty darn good. As usual, I like to mix it with a little extra water to dull the flavor a little bit. And it is extra tasty on ice. It tasted how I imagined it would based on the name. Mixability was above average. Usually some sediment on bottom of shaker if not drank quickly enough, but not a whole lot. I usually dosed this in the morning if I was fasting and working out, or during my workout. Sometimes both.

I messed around with dosing this on and off to really try and get a good idea of how well it worked. And it was noticeable. When I would take it in the morning while fasting, I had a lot more energy and actually felt like my hunger was curbed a little bit. That's a win win. During and after workouts, soreness was 100% effected by Aminogex. My workouts wouldn't be as intense without it and DOMS was clearly much more present the next day. I will admit I occasionally used it as a cocktail mixer with some Tito's, which with ice, was excellent. Getting some BCAAs in me with a cocktail made me feel better about it. All in all, Aminogex had a very noticeable effect on my workouts and that's why I loved it.

All-Star health has this for 23.99 right now which is a pretty remarkable value. At this price point I highly recommend giving it a try.

Side Effects

Nothing noted.

Conclusion

VMI is proving to be a real reputable company in my opinion. Aminogex is everything you should need in an every day BCAA product and I think you will notice the results pretty quick. I appreciate VMI and SR for letting me try this one and highly encourage you to do the same!

July 5, 2018

• No Bloating/water Retention
    • Strength Gains
    • Fair Price
    • Prop Blend

Well I have made it to my final Beast Sports review. I can't believe anyone is still reading them. It's what happens when you procrastinate and leave things till the last minute. Luckily I keep notes on my products while I use them in anticipation for getting busy and not immediately getting my review up. I will work to get better at that. Anyhow, Creature was what I expected from a creatine blend, despite once again seeing ingredients mixed into a prop blend. I never like to load creatine regardless of how much it helps, and I didn't to it with Creature. That being said, I still saw some nice gains that are typical of creatine usage and enjoyed my time with this one.

This being my fifth review in a few days, I think you know everything you need to know about me. In terms of Creatine, I always use creapure as I find it yields the best results. Like I said above, I don't usually do a loading period, I just jump right into it. The hardest part about creatine for me is keeping up with taking it every day, and then wondering if I'm screwed when I miss a day. What can you but try.

The Creature advanced Creatine blend is made up of 5 different types of Creatine, including Creapure, which is what I usually use. The blend totals at 4,000mg, which with two doses a day, is a good number for me. I would usually shoot for 5-10g of creatine a day in my prime. 8g is a perfect number. No way of telling how much of each type is in a scoop, but I like the mixture of types they used. Creapure, Di-Creatine-Malate, Creatine Anhydrous, Crea-Trona (which I havent seen before) and Creatine Gluconate. There is a second 90mg ingredient blend that has Banaba and Cinnamon Bark in it. Others have broken down these ingredients already so I won't go on about them. Overall I like the Creatine Blend.

I received the Beast Punch flavor and it was pretty good. I like things not overly sweet and this one was just like that. Mixability was as I would expect for a creatine product, maybe a little bit better than average. Always a little something left at the bottom of the shaker but nothing major. I usually dosed this one scoop pre workout and one scoop post workout.

Well quick and to the point this stuff worked. The gains were there. Nothing massive, just what I expect from a nice run with Creapure. Big thing here was no bloating. That's a huge plus for me when it comes to creatine. Everything was on par with my usual use of creatine and that is fine with me. Probably my shortest effectiveness section but that's the real deal.

I've found this for as low as 16 bucks. Can you really complain with that?

Side Effects

More peeing. No bloating.

Conclusion

Try it. It's a good creatine blend option. Beast sports ended up being about 50% success for me. Thanks for reading all my crazy last minute reviews. Huge thanks to beast for sending all these products out and being patient for my reviews. Thank you to anyone who read this and especially anyone who read all of my recent ones!

6.6
      July 5, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Disclosed Active Ingredients
    • Mixes Easily
    • Effective Dose Of BCAAs
    • Helped Reduce Muscle Loss
    • No Proprietary Blend
    • CLA Dosage

I really liked the concept of BCAA Ripped Black. I love BCAAs and I have always liked the two ingredients they added to this one, CLA and MCTs. BCAA Ripped Black performed well for me but I just couldn't get down with the coffee flavor! Man, that is the last flavor I want to taste during or after a workout. But that's a personal preference.

If you are sick of reading my Beast reviews by now, I don't blame you. I claimed a whole stack because I liked how it all looked and I didn't have anything else going on. I worked out almost every day while I was using all this stuff, with a nice mixture of cardio and lifting.

I'm not going to spend much time on the profile because it is fairly simple. You have your staple BCAAs at 2500, 1250, 1250mg respectively. Nothing out of the ordinary there. The two unique ingredients they added are CLA and MCTs. These are two pretty well known ingredients these days. CLA is commonly used to help trim body fat and promote overall health. MCTs are almost like another version of CLA. There are tons of healthy effects from MCTs supposedly. The CLA seems a little underdosed to me. The more I thought about this profile, I started looking at it as an awesome morning drink instead of some sort of intra/pre/post workout product.

I mainly used this as an intra/post workout product because I think BCAAs are best during those times. Some would argue they are good any time, which is probably true. I think if I bought this again, especially the coffee flavor, it would be a morning drink for me. The coffee flavor is actually pretty good, but that's a flavor I want in the morning and nowhere near a workout. No issues with mixability.

This performed like I expected a BCAA product to perform. I felt hydrated with a little bit extra energy. It helped a little after and during the kind of poor workouts I was having with the PWO I was using. In terms of muscle fatigue and recovery, it performed like any decent BCAA product I have used. I could tell there was improvement versus using nothing. In terms of the CLA and MCT's, its hard to notice anything from those, but I still like the idea that they added them, even if a little underdosed.

$22 for 20 servings is a little steep in my mind. It's a decent product but I think the servings need to be increased at least a few scoops.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

Well if I had my way I'd have one tub of this not in the coffee flavor and one tub in the coffee flavor for the morning. Overall I'd recommend it. I like the profile and the taste. I just would like to see the price point adjusted a little bit. One review left for the Beast sports lineup. Thanks for reading.

Overall
    Overall
    4.3
    4.5
      July 4, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Libido
    • Price
    • Prop Blend
    • No Strength Or Mass Gain
    • Short Run Time At Max Dose

Well I think the title of my review pretty much breaks this one down. Super Test did not adequately perform for me. It has a prop blend for the important ingredients, is rather expensive and seems possibly underdosed.

Well I'm finally getting around to pumping all my reviews out. I seem to do better when I have a couple to do. Im 34 years old and try to work out in some fashion every day. Sometimes this isn't easy with three young kids and a full time job, but I do what I can. I am pretty experienced in the world of natty test boosters. I can't compare it to PHs because I've never gone down that road, but I know not to expect anything like that. At 34, I'm always looking to keep my test levels up.

Fenugreek and KSM-66 are the only big test boosting ingredients that we know that actual amount of. Everything else is jumbled into an unfortunate prop blend. At 2 servings a day, you get 600mg of fenugreek which seems like a pretty average dose. KSM-66 is also dosed at 300mg per serving which is a bit on the low side. I do find it ironic that these are the only two main test booster ingredients that they disclose on the label, and both of them are known to help boost libido. I find that funny because a slight libido boost was about all I got out of Super Test. The next thing on the label is the big prop blend which includes tribulus, which some people are skeptical of, but I have had decent luck with. Problem is, the prop blend is 800mg and has a bunch of other stuff, so i cant imagine you are getting much of anything. They did throw in some other nice side ingredients like milk thistle and cranberry extract. I like that stuff but I dont know how much you need it in a test booster. Overall, I think the ingredient profile is lacking.

I chose to take all of them in one dosing in the morning and kept it consistent throughout the run. The whole 3 week run.

This is going to be a short section but there is nothing I can do about it. I really didn't get anything out of this product. Nothing at all the first week, and a small boost in libido for the remainder of the 3 weeks. I used a really nice test booster pretty recently before this one so I had something good to compare it to. I'll always take a little boost in libido, but that can be accomplished much easier than purchasing a $30+ product. I did not notice any leaning effects or changes in strength at the gym. Perhaps if I used it for longer than 3 weeks it would have yielded better results. I wish all test boosters came in 8 week containers because I think they would get better reviews and produce better results.

Way too much to pay for something like this. 22 days worth for around $40 is not worth it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Well sometimes you come across a bust. Its always unfortunate but that's what this site is for. No matter how poor a product performs for me i always appreciate when companies give us a chance to try it (unless its a $120 test booster). I would suggest taking a pass on this one. Thanks to SR and Beast for yet another fantastic opportunity!

July 4, 2018

• Increased Mood
    • Decent Appetite Control
    • No Thermogenic Effect
    • Only 20 Day Supply At Max Dose

2 Shredded provided average results for me at best. I think it would be a great product for someone who is not stim tolerant and is new to the fat burner world. It did taste really good and provide me with some clean, non-jittery energy whenever I needed it. I didn't notice any abnormal fat loss or weight loss.

If you read my last review, you may have seen that I picked up a couple different products from Beast Sports Nutrition. I was intrigued by the lineup and as far as I can remember have never used any of their products before. I have always enjoyed a good fat burner type of product that can replace coffee in the morning and be something easy to have on your way out the door. I also enjoy having something to sip on in the afternoon for another round of energy. Thank you to Beast Sports for participating in the program and to SR for bring SR.

Unfortunately we have the good old proprietary blend on 2 Shredded, so without knowing how much of anything there is, it is hard to make an overall judgement on the quality of the profile. Some of the key players are beta-alanine, caffeine, green tea extract, dandelion extract, toothed clubmoss extract and a new one to me, horsetail extract. That last one I had to look up on the google and do a little reading. I guess horsetail extract has some anti-microbial, anti-aging and possibly anti-anxiety properties to it. Not totally sure where that fits in with a fat burner/thermo, maybe the anti-anxiety part to help put you in a good mood. If I had to guess at the caffeine amount per scoop, I would say 150ish mg. But again, that is a complete guess based on how I felt when I took it. There are some quality ingredients in this profile, but at a total of 2323.5mg, I am hesitant to think that things are dosed well. And it seems a little heavy on the cognitive enhancers versus weight loss ingredients.

I had the orange mango flavor and really enjoyed it. It was especially awesome on ice. Very refreshing on a summer day with not too much sweetness and a very watery feel. Mixability was never an issue. Sometimes you would get a little something left at the bottom. Sometimes I would get a real bitter aftertaste, maybe the orange peel extract. But it never really bothered me. I usually dosed this first thing in the morning and sometimes once again in the afternoon. I never tried more than two scoops at a time. For longevity reasons I would try and limit it to one.

The best thing I got from 2 Shredded was a consistent smooth increase in energy and a little better sense of well being. The company makes a lot of claims about this product on their website that I don't think the product entirely lived up to. The claims are as follows:

BURNS BODY FAT
    I did not notice any out of the ordinary fat loss with 2 Shredded. Along the same line, I really didn't notice much of a thermogenic effect, which I feel would help fat loss with the increase in body temperature and sweating. I did not produce any extra sweat. Overall I do not feel this claim was met.

CONTROLS APPETITE
    I did notice a decent appetite suppression with 2 Shredded. When I would use it in the morning, I could go pretty easily without eating until lunch. Keep in mind I'm pretty used to skipping breakfast so I would say the appetite suppression was slightly above average.

INHIBITS WATER RETENTION
    Honestly I did not notice anything in this department.

SUPPORTS A HEALTHY THYROID
    Hard to tell. I did get some increased energy which could be part of a "healthier" thyroid, but other than that, I'm not sure.

INCREASES DAILY ENERGY
    Like I said, there was definitely an increase in energy similar to having some coffee. It did not make me sweat or give me the jitters, just a little boost, which is fine.

One thing that is not part of these claims is the increased well being feeling. I did notice that a little bit and I think that makes sense given the ingredient profile.

This is on sale for $18.99 right now on the Beast website. That is a pretty darn good price, just keep in mind if you use 2 scoops a day you will barely get 20 days out of a tub.

Side Effects

Nothing negative.

Conclusion

Overall this stuff was just OK. I do think it would be a great entry level product for someone who has never used a thermo/fat burner before. It would be a good way to gauge stim tolerance if my guess on the caffeine per scoop is right. Since I think this could be right for some, I'll go ahead and give it my recommendation. Good refreshing flavor and some decent effects. Thanks to Beast for sending this and the others out. Thanks for reading.

Overall
    Overall
    5.8
    5.5
      July 3, 2018

• No Pump
    • Minimal Focus
    • Too Many Stims
    • No Energy

Overall I found Beast Mode Black to be pretty disappointing compared to my expectations from reading the label. I was excited to give it a try, though Ill admit 400mg of caffeine per scoop seemed like a little much. I'm very stim tolerant so I figured I'd give it a go. The packaging and flavor were pretty impressive, but that was about it.

I claimed a couple different products from Beast when I saw them all pop up. They had a nice looking lineup of products that I thought would all complement each other very well for a month or so. I was doing a mix of cardio and lifting while using Beast Mode Black. Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out and waiting patiently for me to get the review out. I always wait till the last minute for some reason which is my bad. Summer came on strong.

Fully transparent label on Beast Mode Black which I always appreciate. For the most part I was pretty familiar with all the ingredients. The first major one is Carnosyn Beta-Alanine at 1600mg. That is kind of on the lower side of the spectrum. I would have liked to see this dosed a bit higher. Agmatine Sulfate is dosed at 600mg. This also seems a little underdosed. Taurine comes in at 500mg which is middle of the road. The big 2 ingredients that stood out to me were the 400mg of caffeine and DMAE at 300mg. You would think these two ingredients together would pack a pretty good punch, but for some reason it didn't really happen. FruiteX-B is some sort of joint support that I had never heard of. It seems like an odd addition to a pre workout like this one. Overall some things are underdosed except for caffeine which definitely is not.

I received the Blue Raspberry flavor and it was pretty much what you would expect. A little bit too sweet but overall the flavor was pretty good. Right in line with the majority of other blue raspberry flavors. Mixability was average with quite a bit of sediment left at the bottom of the cup. I dosed this at one scoop before my workouts. I never dared to try more. Occasionally I would do a half or three quarters of a scoop but didn't notice much of a difference.

The effectiveness really lacked in Beast Mode Black for me. At the very least I expected a good jolt of energy for my workouts with all that caffeine and DMAE. It just never happened. My workouts felt lethargic and kind of boring. That is something I do not enjoy one bit. I didn't even get into them enough to really get a good pump going. It was very odd. I did try another PWO during the course of this one just to make sure something wasn't wrong with me, and sure enough I had a good workout. With Beast Mode Black, I could tell it was too stim heavy and I generally just didn't feel good. I did finish the container though and get through it. The best way to describe it, "Blah."

I will say that the price is decent on this one. $29.99 for 30 true servings. Can't go wrong with that.

Side Effects

Not really any major side effects other than the stimmy feeling that was almost lethargic. No major crash.

Conclusion

Well I think I got my point across on this one. Pretty disappointing results. This one definitely wasn't for me. I thought I was going to be going crazy in the gym with all the stims, but I think in the end, it's a little too much. I like to see caffeine in the 300mg range. These companies keep going up and up with the caffeine levels. I think at some point they need to just stop with that nonsense. It's getting into the unhealthy range in my opinion. I can't give the recommendation on this one unfortunately. Thanks for reading. I will have a few more reviews up from this product line soon.

Overall
    Overall
    6.9
    6.7
      May 11, 2018

• Mixable
    • Once Daily
    • Capsimax Spice
    • Mixability Of Capsimax

Reclaim provided a decent, clean energy boost, but didn't really get anywhere past that.

Hey guys. This is the third product I tried from Outbreak Nutrition. Always a thanks to them and to SR for getting this and the others out. I am pretty experienced in the thermogenic and stim game. I'm not really saying that is anything to be proud of, as I probably should take a break pretty soon. But I want you guys to know that I am very stim tolerant. That being said, lets get on with it.

The profile is fully disclosed whic...

The profile is fully disclosed which I always appreciate. I don't want to get into huge detail with each and every ingredient, I'll just touch on some of the more unfamiliar/important ones for me. First off, each scoop contains 300mg of caffeine. This is a decent amount for a thermo, but personally I think these companies should go easier on the caffeine when more than likely they know you are also using a pre workout at the gym. Pres are getting up into the 400mg range, and then you mix in a thermo at 300mg.... I feel like that is a little too much. Granted I still did it. One interesting ingredient is Juglans regia extract at 80 mg. I had never heard of this one. Apparently this is identical to DMHA. Interesting. Definitely didn't feel that effect. The other ingredient I don't see every day is Citrus Aurantium. This is bitter orange, and is supposed to be a "better" alternative to ephedra. I used ephedra back in the day and I would beg to disagree. Anyhow, the rest of the profile is available in the picture.

I got the Fruit Punch flavor, and while I enjoyed it for the most part, man did I get some "spicy meataball" aftertastes. My mouth was on fire sometimes after a sip. I guess this is probably due to the capsimax, but that is just an educated guess. Mixability was mediocre, as the last few sips was where I would always experience the spiciness. If i remembered to shake it up hard before the last few sips, it was a bit better. I usually dosed this at one scoop in the morning if I had a morning work shift, otherwise I would dose in the early afternoon when I had a nightshift. Long story short, I kept it separated from my preworkout by a couple hours.

Well, to keep it short and sweet, there was a definite clean energy boost associated with Reclaim, but it was a little underwhelming compared to some of my favorite thermogenics. It was good enough for a morning boost, like a coffee, but it never really went past that. This could be both a good thing and a bad thing. Thermos that put you over the edge with jitters and a bad comedown are never fun, but not feeling the boost you expect is also not fun. That is why I chose to rate the effectiveness at a 7. In terms of weight loss, it definitely helped me lean out a very little bit, but I would expect that from all the extra caffeine and other stuff. Bottom line, it came in a little bit short of some of the better thermos I have used in my past. I was not on a strict diet but I was exercising like a mad man, and I managed to lose a little weight, but in reality, I think I would have lost most of it without Reclaim's assistance. Appetite suppression was decent, I'll admit that, but again, average among other products. On a positive note, I did not notice a crashing effect from Reclaim.

$34.99 seems to be the going price for Reclaim. I put this at a 6.7 based on the scale definitions. Its an average price for a thermo, but it wasn't quite as effective as some of the other.

Side Effects

Nothing other then your mouth being on fire for a few seconds when you get to the bottom.

Conclusion

Look, it was decent, but overall it was "meh." Like I said, I have tried many a thermo, and this one just fell into the average category. It's not one I'd pick if I was ready to shed some money on a thermo product. BUT, it wasn't awful either. As I have said in my other reviews, I still think Outbreak Nutrition is awesome and that they are on a path to greatness. This one just fell a little short for me. Thanks for reading as always and go CELTICS!

May 7, 2018

• Strong Effect On Libido
    • Cortisol Reduction

Outbreak Nutrition certainly seems to be headed in the right direction. "Rise" was a very potent test booster with many noticeable effects.

I got the opportunity to try a couple of products from Outbreak Nutrition. The first one I reviewed was their Pre. In this review I will talk about their testosterone booster, Rise. I think the packaging alone got me to jump on trying these products. As I said in my other review, I like this whole apocalyptic theme that Outbreak has gone with. Nice to see something a little different than the rest of the stuff out there.

This ingredient profile has some pretty good stuff in it. Typical Magnesium and Zinc at 200mg and 30mg. The big hitter in the profile is AgresTest or Fadogia Agrestis. I had a quick read about this stuff on examine.com and found it interesting. Not much human testing has been done. On rodent testing there was definitely an increase in testosterone and even more of an increase with libido. There were some warnings about it due to lack of testing thus far. The next ingredient is KSM-66 or Ashwagandha Extract. There is quite a lot of info about this stuff, from relieving stress to curing pain to treating cancer. 500mg seems to be the perfect number for doing Ashwagandha. Next is Fenugreek at 500mg, which I am a little more familiar with. This herb is commonly used in test boosters for its libido and testosterone boosting properties. Again, I like the 500mg. Longjack comes in at 300mg and Boron Citrate at 100mg. The last ingredient, which I am very fond of, is Androsta-3,5-diene-7, 17-dione. The anti-estrogen properties of this ingredient have always worked well for me. Overall, I really like this profile.

No taste or wierd smells to these pills. They aren't overly big, but you have to get 6 of them down so you might want to try and split it up into 2-3 sips. I dosed all 6 every morning around the same time after waking up.

STRENGTH

Strength was definitely increased. In the one month I used Rise, the numbe rof strict pullups I was able to do increased by about 4. I have never been very good at pullups because I am a big guy, so this was a nice feeling. I also set PRs on deadlift and bench. I'm not going to complain with that. The strength increase was there.

LIBIDO

"Rise" definitely scored high in this department. I had that stuff on my mind a lot more than normal and was always wanting to have some fun. It started to kick in more and more with each week.

COMPOSITION

I actually lost some fat during the month i used Rise, and I wasn't really trying to. I was eating OK but no kind of strict diet. I felt my belt loosening up on me as the month went on. With that being said, I think this would be a great product to use during any type of program. Be it cutting, recomping or bulking, I think it would work for you.

Overall, my alpha feeling was feeling higher than average and I could tell this stuff was working.

$34.99 for a month supply of Rise. I think this falls in line, maybe a little bit ahead, of similar products in its category.

Side Effects

I did not notice joint issues like some people did. I did however have some acne breakouts, but they were extremely small and not very noticeable. I never have acne issues so it was a good sign that something was going on. I also was hungry all the time.

Conclusion

Outbreak has another winner here. I love a product that is versatile like this one is. You can use it any time and it will work with whatever goals you are trying to achieve. Like I said in my last review, I think Outbreak Nutrition is doing a great job all around. Products are solid, packaging looks awesome, website looks nice, and best of all, they participate on SR.com and let us all get a chance to review their stuff. I give Rise my full recommendation. Thanks for reading. Go CELTICS!

May 1, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Supports Endurance
      • Creative Name
      • Good Focus

This stuff blew me away. I was stunned with long-lasting, focused workouts including cardio and lifting.

Well when I see a Pre labeled as "The Apocalyptic Pre-Workout," you know I am giving that a try. Pathogen is a pre workout product from Outbreak Nutrition who like to theme their products on the apocalypse, or a walking dead type situation I guess. Kind of a cool theme to run with and set yourself apart somehow from the other thousands of supplement companies starting to show up. Thanks for them and to SR for sending this one out.

----Ingre...

Pathogen has a very straightforward and complete profile in my opinion. All the ingredients are fully disclosed on the label with no prop blends. The first ingredient is Citrulline Malate at 6000mg. I think that is a pretty darn good dosage, and this is one of the things that Outbreak said they changed for the better in Pathogen. Beta Alanine is next coming in at 3200mg. This is about average for a dose. It was enough for some tingles, but nothing over the top. Choline Bitartrate is dosed at 500mg which seems to be considered a clinical dose. This helps improve cognitive functions. Each scoop has 350mg of caffeine, which for me, is the sweet spot. Those are just some highlights of the profile, which I think is a good one.

Dosing is as simple as it gets, take a scoop before you hit the gym. I never did anything more or less than one scoop because of how much I enjoyed the feeling it gave me and the workout it provided. Mixability was never an issue with Pathogen, always mixing well with a couple shakes of the shaker cup. The "Double Barrel Berry" flavor was pretty spot on and very refreshing. Maybe a hint too sweet for my personal preference, but definitely pretty good. No nasty aftertaste either.

Outbreak calls Pathogen the Apocalyptic Pre-Workout. I'm not really sure what this means, but it definitely seems right. This stuff was awesome. My workouts felt like a had some sort of extra gas tank attached to me and I could just keep drawing from it. I often did 30 minutes of cardio, followed by 45 minutes of lifting, and finished with 15 minutes of hard cycling on one of those indoor bikes with the big screen that you steer your bike on. Even after all that, I wanted to keep going. And man did I sweat like a machine. I was entirely soaked by the end of each of my workouts. I am using a different pre now, and it is night and day. I literally find myself missing Pathogen during each and every one of my workouts. The beta tingles were very minimal but definitely present. Pump factor was good considering I never really respond much to pump ingredients. But the most clutch part of Pathogen was the endurance, focus and sweat.

As of now, it looks like $34.99 is about the going rate for a tub of this stuff. There are definitely deals that can be found, like the ones on Outbreak's own site, where you can get some percentage off and buy stacks and stuff like that. I think this is a pretty excellent value for 28 servings of a top notch pre.

Side Effects

I did not suffer any side effects AND never felt much of a crash.

Conclusion

Overall, this was one of the most solid pre workouts I have used in a long time. I don't think I will be able to avoid ordering some more in the future. My workouts were so enjoyable and long lasted when I was using Pathogen. I'd definitely want this stuff around if the walking dead ever happened and I had to fight off zombies every day. I'll have to figure out where their warehouse is in case that ever happens. Thanks to SR and Outbreak Nutrition for making this stuff and sending it out to some of us! Go Bruins, Go Sox, Go Celtics!