Zsteinf

TROPHY CASE

Try Requests

TROOPer Level

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Total Reviews

Completed Missions

Votes Cast

Reputation

MVRs

First Bloods

Answers

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. Zsteinf will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 224 days.

Reviews by Zsteinf

Overall
Thanks to HighT for sending it out!
  November 8, 2017

• A Little High Price But Not To Much

First off, shout out to King Fisher and letting me try HighT Black Testosterone Booster. I am a 39-year-old man who recently had his testosterone checked with some blood work. The doctor said I was at the normal level for a man close to 40, but I should expect a decrease once I hit 40. My normal level of testosterone is a lot lower than earlier years, so I wanted to feel 20 again and I decided to boost my testosterone.

Serving size is 4 capsules per day but it did not list a specific time of the day to take capsules. I took 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon, usually after a workout. The capsules include the good vitamins that help you increase testosterone which is Vitamin E 30IU, Vitamin B6 8mg, Vitamin B12 48mcg, and Zinc 1.5mg. I would like to tell you that all this information came straight from my head, but that is far from the truth and anyone that knows all these ingredients in their head, should be in a school teaching. I have seen some of this before, but a lot of it is new to me. I did have to do a lot of research on this product as I have not heard of a lot of these things. I was able to find most of the research from a website that has done extensive research which is NCBI science labs. I have tried to translate this into something that was easy for me to understand so hopefully this is the same for you. The ingredients break down to items specifically put in for a testosterone boost are what they call:

-Razberi-K Metabolic Enhancer 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl) butan-2-one or better known as Raspberry Ketones 200 mg. Raspberry ketone can be found in raspberries, cranberries, and blackberries. It is a naturally produced item found in these fruits and is linked to a fat burning compound. Raspberry ketones are claimed to cause the fat within cells to be broken down more effectively, helping the body burn fat faster. They are also claimed to increase a hormone that helps to regulate metabolism. The reason for the 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl) butan-2-one is because the body does not consume raspberry ketone orally very well so it has to be broken down into this format in order for the body to accept it better orally.

-Caffeine Anhydrous 200 mg which is caffeine powder and this is about 2-4 cups of coffee.

-HighT Black Proprietary Blend 900 mg which is Fenugreek Saponins (or known as Trigonella Foenum Graecum). Fenugreek is a herb found in the Eastern countries. The health benefits of fenugreek are extensive which include relief from anemia, loss of taste, fever, dandruff, stomach disorders, biliousness, respiratory disorders, mouth ulcers, sore throat, diabetes, inflammations, wounds, and insomnia. Fenugreek seeds also have minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, copper, zinc, manganese, and magnesium. The benefits of Fenugreek for men have been known to help with treating arthritis, sexual arousal and dysfunction, increase testosterone, and enhance athletic performance.

-Eurycoma Longifolia Extract Eurycoma longifolia is from a shrub-tree found in the rainforest. Eastern men claim that tea from this shrub-tree help with sex and virility. The plant is in high demand so now a protected species. Eurycoma has a large amount evidence to support its claims and has also shown to be an anti-estrogen and pro-erectile benefit. This plant can also give you more energy, help with fatigue and enhance overall physical and sensual performance. Evidence has also shown to elevate testosterone and increase muscle strength in men.

-Rhodiola Rosea Extract salidrosides is a flowering plant grown Europe, Asia, and North America. Rhodiola is a Chinese medicinal herb which is believed to help with physical/cognitive vitality. It claims to cut fatigue and exhaustion. This product does not have a lot of research to prove it works.

-Tribulus Terrestris saponins is again another plant root and fruit used for male virility. The Tribulus Terrestris believed to help libido and sexual well. Some people use this plant as medicine. Tribulus Terrestris is used for performance and bodybuilding. Also, believed that it can help with infertility.

-NO3X Nitric Oxide Booster 1800 mg which is L-Citrulline Malate and Arginine-Alpha-ketoglutarate. Nitric oxide can help stimulating vasodilatation to increase blood flow to muscles. Nitric oxide also expands the blood vessels to help with decreasing plaque growth and clotting.

The ingredients all seem natural and from Eastern medicine. I was not able to find any evidence of side effects and all have been through a testing. I have found a few of these items in other testosterone booster but I have not found any to this extent which helps me further understand why effective.

This was in a pill form so no taste or mixability, but the pills did have a funny smell to them but no problem. The dosing was 4 capsules per day.

The product suggests using it for at least 8 weeks. With 120 capsules and taking the recommended 4 per day, you will be able to use a tub for 30 days which is less than the 60 days than recommended. I would like to give you this long, drawn-out story of how I got a wonderful feeling back as when I was in my early 20's, but I can not say that. What I can tell you are the effectiveness for me. I was able to feel better, stay more dedicated to my diet, workouts, and felt a little younger. I did not need as much sleep or downtime as I normally have. I was able to stay focused and felt like I could do more. I felt younger but I lack the scientific evidence to say HighT was the reason and I did not have more blood work done to show if a spike in testosterone. I do know that testosterone boosters do take a while to start but once it does, you can feel better if an effective product. I have tried a few testosterone boosters in the past and did use them for at least 2 months. I can say a lot of testosterone boosters are out there that do not boost your testosterone as it says it will. For me, good testosterone boosters are hard to find. HighT, I feel, was a good testosterone booster because I did start to feel better but it did take about 2-3 weeks. All the ingredients do seem to help boost testosterone with natural ingredients that are not found in many boosters, with a lot of evidence and testing to help support its claims. Like I said, no way to prove I was better. All I can tell you was I felt better and a little younger.

The average price is $40 but I did find it as low as $38.49 and I also found 152 capsules through GNC but the price was $58.99. With the normal price of $40 for 120 capsules or 30 days, this works out to $1.33 per day. I believe this is well within the norm for effective testosterone boosters on the market. It may seem a little high, but if you need to boost your testosterone without the injections, worth the money. I have tried other effective boosters, which as I said earlier that are hard to find. The effective boosters can go as high as $100 for 30 day supply so I find this a good priced effective testosterone booster.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

This is one of the hard to find effective testosterone boosters I have taken. It does come with a lot of good ingredients that I believe help more into the boost. I have tried several in the past and I found only one effective testosterone booster and this was before taking HighT black. I do not have a low amount of testosterone for my age but I do not have the same amount as when I was in my early 20's. I would like to say that my whole life changed for the better because of HighT, but other than the testosterone shots, I have not found much like HighT Black as effective. HighT does take some time to get you feeling like you should, but once it does, I did feel better. This is a great product for anyone looking to get there testosterone up.

Overall
Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
  November 8, 2017

• Taste Good
  • Some Water Retention

Thank you Nutrex for letting me try the pre-workout Outlift which turned out to be a great product. I usually take a pre-workout before most workouts and do like to mix it up with stimulants and non-stimulant pre-workout mixes. I have always enjoyed lemonade and blackberry flavoring so thought this would be a good one to try so decided to give it a chance.

Nutrex Outlift has Sodium 240 mg, Choline Bitartrate 1.5 g, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 750 mg, Sodium Nitrate 500 mg, Kaff2 (or caffeine) Citrate 400mg, Betaine Nitrate 300 mg, Caffeine Anhydrous 200 mg, and Rauwolscine 2 mg. Sodium is, of course, salt. The recommendation for salt is 1500-2300 so this is within a healthy amount depending on how much salt you have in a day. Choline Bitartrate helps with memory to impact brain health and focus. L-Tyrosine is an amino acid used for noradrenaline and dopamine and has been known to be anti-stress for acute stressors. Sodium nitrate is a different kind of salt used in hot dogs, bacon, and other cured meats to keep preserved. In higher doses (not in Nutrex Outlift), nitrates are also used to kill rodents. Sodium nitrate is a colorless and odorless that can help in making potassium nitrate, fertilizers, and explosives. Kaff2 citrate or Caffeine citrate (Cafcit) is a central nervous system stimulant. Caffeine citrate is used to help premature babies breathe more regularly because it has effects on the lungs and metabolism. Caffeine is effective stimulant used in a concentrated caffeine powder to stimulate performance or weight loss. A teaspoon of caffeine powder is the equivalent of 28 cups of coffee. Betaine can increase performance, endurance, and muscular fatigue. Nitrates help your body use oxygen more efficiently. Rauwolscine help with fat burning and increase in energy.

These ingredients do not seem to be a problem as they are within the healthy amount in a day. One ingredient, Sodium Nitrate is used in products, such as fertilizers, explosives, and to kill rodents, but the amount of Sodium Nitrate is in the healthy amount. I noticed the weird name of Kaff2 Citrate so had to dig into it a little more. Kaff2 appears a Nurtrex name for Caffeine Citrate. With the 2 different types of caffeine (caffeine Anhydrous and Caffeine Citrate), so you are getting a lot of caffeine so be careful if you are caffeine sensitive. The 2 caffeine combined is 400 mg which will be over 6-10 cups (depending on what type of coffee you consume), which for my spouse, is way over the amount she will consume in a whole day (which is normally 2-3 cups of coffee).

I got the blackberry lemonade that was definitely a good taste and would not say that it tasted like blackberry or lemonade, but the taste was good. I never had a problem mixing it with stirring or shaking. Instructions say to only take one scoop a day and not go over 2 scoops in a 24 hour period. I was able to stay within the time frame and did not use more than 1 scoop. The 1 scoop was plenty for a workout and did not feel that I needed more than 2 scoops in a 24 hour period.

For me, this is a pretty cut and clean topic. The Nutrex Outlift did exactly what to do. Instructions say to mix the tube before scooping it and to take 30-45 minutes before workout. Caffeine Citrate is not seen as much as Caffeine Anhydrous because it is a little more expensive. The reason I take pre-workout 30-45 minutes before a workout is due to the body reacting to the ingredients. Caffeine Anhydrous can take 60-120 minutes for the body to get the peak response where Caffeine Citrate can peak at 30 minutes. For me, this is what I want for a pre-workout. I want my energy fast but I also want it to stay for a while. This is what the Nutrex Outlift did for me. I was able to get energy fast and still have some energy after the workout. Since 400 mg of caffeine, you need to be careful with caffeine intake. Caffeine has never been something that bothers me so for me, no side effects. The focus was dead on for me and I also got the pump I was looking for. The only problem noticed was a little water retention because of the salt, but not enough to put in the side effects section. The Nutrex Outlift was an effective pre-workout that did what it claimed to offer

Nutrex had it at $40 but I found it as low as $30 on other websites. There are 30 servings in a tub so, at the $30 price point, this works out to $1 per serving. This is a good price and within my normal cost for a pre-workout. The value is worth the cost.

Side Effects

Other than the normal stimulants, no side effects noticed.

Conclusion

All in all, this was a good pre-workout. The Nutrex Outlift says it will increase pump, energy, muscle fuel, and train longer. I was able to get all of these when doing my workouts. On my days that I did not do legs, I do cardio and I was able to have enough push to get the most out of my cardio workouts. This is a product that is worth the money and time. I would recommend it to anyone that is not sensitive to caffeine.

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  November 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 8 Week Supply
  • Burns Fat
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Will Get You Buy For A While
  • Depending On Dosage

First off, thank you to LabTech for the chance to try a good thermogenic. I was drawn to Labtech Thermo Fuel because I wanted to lose some weight. The tube stats it will boost metabolism, control appetite, and relieve stress. The older you get, the more metabolism you need and I always need stress relief. These 3 things combined could help me with my daily workouts and day-to-day lifestyle.

A serving is 2 capsules and you can take up to 4 capsules per day, so depending on how much you take in a day, this amount can increase. 350mg Caffeine Anhydrous, 100mg 2-aminoisoheptane or DMHA, 100mg Relora, 50mg L-Tyrosine, 30mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine, 30mg L-Theanine, 30mg Ashwagandha Root, 30mg White Willow Bark, 30mg 7-Keto DHEA, 20mg Synephrine, 15mg Dandelion Root, and 10mg Schizandra Berry. Caffeine Anhydrous is a caffeine powder that is a stimulant used for weight loss. A healthy intake of caffeine is 400mg which is found in normal coffee (Folgers, etc...) at 4-5 cups so this is within the fine daily intake. DMHA is another stimulant that increases energy which actives dopamine and noradrenaline in the body. A safe amount of DMHA is 100mg which Labtech Thermo Fuel includes. Relora is a bark plant extract found in Chinese herbs. Tyrosine, Theanine, and Carnitine are amino acids. Tyrosine stimulates the same thing as DMHA, so the 2 work together. Ashwagandha Root is like ginseng and is what gives the capsules the smell which is similar to farm animals. White Willow Bark comes from willow trees and is similar to aspirin. This helps with headaches and pain. DHEA is something that produced by the body which can increase the amount in the body to help with muscle growth and sex drive. Synephrine found in plants and some animals and used to help with weight loss. Dandelion, of course, comes from the dandelions plant and lacks specific evidence to support anything but believed to help with weight loss. Schizandra Berry is found in Russia and China and linked to stress relief.

All in all, not bad ingredients. You can find a lot of these products in other supplements so be careful when taking pre-workouts or other stimulants. Labtech Thermo Fuel puts its own little spin on their product with the amounts and ingredients mixed in together versus other thermogenic. The amount of caffeine combined with the other stimulations did give me some problems which are in the effectiveness. One other thing that stuck out was the Dandelion so if you have allergies to this stuff, you may want to avoid.

This was in a pill form so no taste or mixability. The pills did have a funny smell to them but no problem. The dosing was to start slow with 2 capsules per day, two before breakfast and two before lunch, and increase to 4 per day. I did start with the 2 capsules per day and did increase slowly from that point. I did the 2 per day for 10 days and then increased to 3 per day for 10 days. I then tried 4 per day for 6 days but then decided to come back down as I was getting some side effects, which is discussed later. The dosing could be up to 4 a day, but everyone is a little different so the dosage will depend on your body's response.

I want to break this up into 2 parts. The first part of Labtech Thermo Fuel will be about the reactions from the increase and decrease of capsules which resulted in a different amount weekly and daily. The second is the effectiveness of Labtech Thermo Fuel, once I got a good balance on capsules per day for workout days and day-to-day. So, the first part of Labtech Thermo Fuel, how many capsules did I take in a day.

I did follow the capsule intakes recommended. I started off the first 10 days taking one capsule in the morning before breakfast and one capsule in the afternoon before lunch. During this time, I did not have any negative side effects. Thermogenic can make you a little jittery and does make your body feel a little hot and sweaty. This is something to expect and I would not consider it a side effect. Now, after this point, things got a little different for me. I started the next 10 days with one capsule before breakfast and 2 before lunch. I noticed no changes in the morning, but after lunch, it would get different due to a workout after lunch where I do take a pre-workout before my workouts. When I started taking 2 capsules before lunch and taking pre-workouts about 2 hours after, I would sweat a lot more than normal and would get more than usual jitters. I figured that my body would balance out as time went on. After 10 days, I started taking 2 capsules before breakfast and lunch. I continued with my normal pre-workout about 2 hours after lunch. I did this for 6 days and never got my body to balance out with the 4 capsules per day. The only thing I could relate this too was the amount of caffeine I was putting in. I found myself for 6 days with the jitters, hot body flashes, and sweating so I knew I had to come back down on the number of capsules per day. For about 2 weeks, I tried different capsules per day and varying what time of day to take them. I finally got to a good point and figured out what was best for me. Here is how I got to a good balance. I would take one capsule in the morning because I enjoy coffee in the morning so the coffee with one capsule was fine with no side effects. In the afternoon, I would only take one capsule on days I would take pre-workout and I would take 2 capsules on days I did not work out. I did not go up to 4 capsules again per day, except for the 6 days early on. The effectiveness of how much to consume in a day will differ for everyone based on how the body reacts to it. For me, this was the best fit.

The second part of Labtech Thermo Fuel is once I got a good balance of dosing, what were the results. I wanted Labtech Thermo Fuel because it said to boost metabolism, curb appetite and relieve stress. I wanted the boost in metabolism and curb appetite because I wanted some weight loss and Labtech Thermo Fuel came through. I started off at 230.8 pounds and finished at 225.4 so this is a weight loss of over 5 pounds in one month. The weight loss was not fast and included ups and downs along the way. If you want to stick with weight loss, you keep trying regardless of the ups and downs. At the end of about 6 weeks, I was down in weight and my tight pants now need a belt. The only thing that is a little questionable is the stress relief. I would say I did not feel a full stress relief, but what I did find was on those days you get upset and want to hit the gym hard, I was definitely able to do. So, stress relief on a day-to-day life, not really.

This is a place where the value went up and down. I was able to find it online at several websites at the price of $51.99. This seems a little high at first, but this price depends on how many capsules you use in a day. This amount comes with 120 capsules, so if you take 4 a day, it will last 30 days but if you take 2 per day, you will get 60 days. Now, given that I was able to find a good body mix of 2-3 capsules per day, I would get around 50 days. The value for me based on the 45-50 days. The cost at 45-50 days will run around $0.86 - $1.04, which for me wanting to lose weight, a great buy. You will have to include a good diet and exercise, but this cost is well worth the money. Value wise, I give it a 10.

Side Effects

As mentioned earlier, thermogenic can give you the jitters, hot flashes, and sweating, but that is a normal reaction to the thermogenic. The only time I noticed any side effects was when I increased the capsules to 4 per day which was a higher than normal jitters, hot flashes, and sweating. I did also notice an increase in headaches, but for me, headaches are just a normal part of my life. A lot of the side effects are due to how much other caffeine you take or use in a day.

Conclusion

For me, Labtech Thermo Fuel was a great thermogenic. I knew what I was getting myself into when using thermogenic, which is jitters, hot flashes, and sweating. As I increased the capsules per day, I noticed more of this so I finally got to a point where I was only taking 2-3 per day. A great price for Labtech Thermo Fuel since it took longer than a month to go through a tub. The big benefit for me was the weight loss. I was able to lose a little more than 5 pounds, which is a big amount for me in a month. Weight loss is important to some people so they are willing to pay just about any price to get the weight down. If you know how your body will react to thermogenic than Labtech Thermo Fuel could be the one for you if you want to lose weight. This is something I would highly recommend.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 23, 2017

• Good Focus
  • Supports Endurance
  • Felt Dehydrated

Big shout out to the people at Outbreak Nutrition. It is always good to get a product that is worth the money and something you will use again. One of the things that first got my attention was the cover of the package and the name. I needed something to get my energy and focus going at the gym. Every now and then, we all need a little extra in our workout.

Ingredients are 5g Citrulline Malate, 3.2g Beta Alanine, 1000mg AGmass, 500mg Choline Bitartrate, 350mg Caffeine, 125mg Tasteless Teacrine, 100mg Theobromine and 100mg Juglans Regia. L-Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into L-arginine in the kidneys. Beta-alanine is the building block that helps buffer acid in muscles which can aid lean-mass gain. Agmass is agmatine sulfate which promotes nitric oxide in recovery and it improves metabolic functions. Choline is used for cognitive boosting properties and is a liver health agent, able to reduce fatty liver buildup that is found in high amounts in eggs, the yolks in particular. Teacrine is a compound which can be found in natural sources such as, coffee, and exotic fruits that delivers energy, mental clarity, and improved motivation and mood. It does not increase heart rate or blood pressure and is not a stimulant. Theobromine is used as a heart stimulant. Juglans regia, or better known as walnut, has high medicinal value and offers health benefits.

The ingredients in Pathogen are good items. The only thing is that it does contain a walnut-like ingredient so not for use for those with nut allergies. Even though the Teacrine is not a stimulant, Pathogen is still a stimulant pre-workout.

No problems with the taste and mixability. I got the double berry flavor and it fine. The Pathogen mixed well regardless if shaken or stirred. Instructions called for 1 scoop, which is what I stayed with. I know some people would go up to 2 scoops, but I made sure to stay with the 1 scoop. It called for an 8-ounce water mix but sometimes I would go with 16 ounces if I needed a little more hydration. Instructions say to consume prior to workout that I followed. If I had a long run or workout day, I would consume Pathogen during the workout within 15 minutes of the workout. The taste, mixability, and dosing were no issue.

The Pathogen did exactly what it was meant to do. I would always have enough energy and focus to get me through a workout. Somedays, I felt the tingle in my body and/or a pump but that was not every day. This is good for me because I do not like that feeling all the time. I did increase weights as I worked out (I keep a log on an app to make sure I am going up or maintaining the use of free weights) and never a day of fewer weights. The ingredients do contain caffeine but not more than I am accustomed to which was no problem. Studies show that 400mg of caffeine a day is a safe amount (this is usually found in about 4 cups of normal coffee like Folgers). If you are sensitive to coffee (my spouse usually has about 4 cups of half-cafe per day), you will definitely fill the jitters.

Effectiveness was great. The only downfall I had with Pathogen was feeling dehydrated and thirsty. I would not take Pathogen on days I had long runs because I sweat a lot and need to stay hydrated. Like I said, this is the only downfall I had with Pathogen so I would not recommend Pathogen with days that have a lot of cardio or sweating.

I was able to find Pathogen online from $32-$35 which is an ok price for a pre-workout. I have found my self to spend around $20-$25 so it is a little higher. I will get a good pre-workout if it is worth the money and I fill that Pathogen is in that area. The tub has 28 servings so it can get you at least a month if you workout 5-6 days a week. The cost is about $1.14-$1.25 per serving which I believe is a fair price. You can always find pre-workouts out there that are cheaper, but you usually get what you pay for. I have spent this much on some other products, but I have sometimes found myself getting things that are low in effectiveness. Pathogen, in my opinion, is not one of those pre-workouts. If you check the website, you will see that Pathogen is hard to come by so you will want to grab it when it is in stock.

Side Effects

Like I said earlier, the only real side effects were feeling dehydrated.

Conclusion

Pathogen is good pre-workout that is worth the try. It did exactly what I expected. The ingredients were fantastic. The taste was fine and mixability was great. The dosage of 1 scoop was just right for me. The effectiveness was good as it kept me focused and did help with the increase of free weights. I believe it is a normal value that is worth the money. The side effect of low hydration happened on high cardio days but was fine when doing a normal workout, which did have a low amount of cardio. I believe the advertising and tub covers were a good catch for the eye. This is a pre-workout I would recommend to anyone. I would like to give the Virus pre-workout a try and definitely something I will look into.

September 20, 2017

Cons:
The other day I was walking through Wal-Mart doing my normal shopping for food when I say an advertisement for 2lb protein powder at $14.44. Of course, I had to look into it deeper. It turned out to be a Wal-Mart made product which is called Equate. Wal-Mart has a few specific items that are Wal-Mart brands which include things like Equate and Great Value. I have tried Equate and Great Value products a lot because I have found things like pills, food, etc... to be cheaper than the brand name items. Sometimes when doing this, you get some stuff that will taste or work just as good as the name brands, and I have even found some that taste better than the name brands. At times where I have also bad stuff. When it comes to Equate and Great Value, they are not always a great value or equal in production. I decided to try the 2lb protein powder because $14.44 is absolutely worth the shot.

Ingredient
Here is the catch, all the ingredients in the container are 2 scoops so that is what I will use for the information. The container has 18 servings if you use 2 scoops. The serving size of 2 scoops or 51g has Calories 180, Total Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 160mg, Potassium 200mg, Total Carbohydrate 9g, Sugars 3g, and Protein 30g. Let us break down the things like protein source and recovery blend. This is a protein blend with concentrate and isolate. The recovery blend lists creatine monohydrate 1.5g, taurine 1.5g, and L-glutamine 1.5g. The ingredients list these items as included in every serving so it seems to be a mix blend. Equate also says that this may contain other items like milk, soy, shrimp, crab, eggs, wheat, and peanuts. As long as you do not have food allergies, it's not a bad protein powder.

The Equate protein blend came in 2 flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla. I only tried the chocolate. The chocolate did taste similar to the other chocolate flavored protein powders when mixed with milk but not so much when mixed with water as it was like a cheap chocolate candy bar. When mixed with water, the Equate protein powder did not do well at all. The taste was bad, it did not mix well as with chunky powder left, and with 2 scoops, it just made things worse. If mixed with milk-based products or milk itself, it did do better. The problem I ran into was that the 2 scoops mixed with milk definitely tasted and mixed like an ice cream shake. The instructions say to mix it with 8-12 ounces of drink choice, which was bad with water and was way too thick with the milk. I would use 8-12 ounces of milk but would find myself mixing in about 8 ounces of water with it to make the shake a lot easier to drink. These problems did create a downfall for the protein mix.

As with most protein powders, hard to decide effectiveness. I did not notice real changes when compared to other protein powders other than a lower recovery after a workout. I usually feel pretty good after a workout but while using this protein, I would feel a little tighter and sore but other than that, no real changes noticed.

Now, this is what caught my attention. For a 2lb container, $14.44 is CHEAP. This works out to $7.22 per pound which is lower than my normal protein powder that is at $12.50 per pound. Here is the catch though (always a catch). In order to get the 30 grams of the protein shown on the cover, you have to use 2 scoops. With 2 scoops of powder, you are getting 18 servings. With 18 servings at $14.44 for 2lbs of powder, it works out to $.80 per serving with 30 grams of protein. Again, compared to other powders that can run from $1.00 to $2.00 for 30 grams of protein, a lot cheaper. The question here is the cheaper price worth the purchase. In my opinion, no. My normal protein powder is close to $1.00 for 30 grams of protein so for me personally, I would like to stay with my normal protein powder and pay the extra quarter for my preferred brand.

Side Effects
I did not notice any real side effects other than gassy but that can be found in a lot of other protein powders.

Conclusion
As I talked about in the intro and value, at least worth a shot to try the Equate protein blend. I have tried Equate product in the past and had no problems. Also, when I say it at $14.44, I had to check it out. We here at SR want to get the best thing for our buck, but we are not willing to sacrifice product for the cost. The most important thing here for SR is, what are we putting in our bodies. I read the ingredients and found it ok so no harm, no foul. The one thing I wish I would have noticed was that to get 30 grams of protein, you need 2 scoops which only works out to 18 servings. When looking at cost per serving, I will always check things like BCAA's and pre-workouts but I failed to catch it here. With all this being said, would I recommend Equate protein blend, not really. If I am in a situation when money is tight then I will probably get it again. Other than that, I would not buy it again. I will probably stick with my normal protein powder.

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  September 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stimulant Free
  • Increased Focus
  • No Jitters
  • Convenient Packaging
  • Burns Fat
  • More Focus
  • Potentially Too Expensive
  • Slight Appetite Suppression
I want to start by thanking the people at Torum for letting me review this product. I am always looking for ways to lose weight and I am willing to try anything that will help. So, many weight loss pills out there claim to do something great, but then they fail to produce. I feel that Torum was able to produce exactly what it claims to produce: "Curbing your appetite, Boosting your metabolism, Amplifying your body's burn potential, and Optimizing glucose transportation to muscle and fat cells." Let us break this down and take a look at what happened over 4 weeks.

Ingredi...

Neco-Adipem is made of a few ingredients which are nice because if your supplement is loaded with ingredients, you may want to look at something else. Neco-Adipem contains InnoSlim 250 mg, Green Tea Extract 250 mg, Garcina Cambogia 100 mg, Advantra-Z 50 mg, Capsimax 50 mg, and ActiGin 25 mg. The Neco-Adipem is a stim free supplement.

InnoSlim is Astragalus membranaceous and Panax notoginseng. Astragalus membranaceous is one of the herbs in traditional Chinese medicine. Used for a variety of purposes and supposedly increases lifespan. It has anti-inflammatory effects and is especially beneficial for the kidneys. Panax notoginseng exerts a number of beneficial effects including the nervous, immune, and cardiovascular systems. Widely used in Asia to help lower cholesterol and to expand coronary arteries in order to promote blood circulation and prevent blood clots.

Green Tea Extract (98 % Polyphenois, 70% EGCG) is an alternative to coffee for that caffeine buzz, since each cup has anywhere between 35-100 milligrams of caffeine, depending on how long it's been steeped. Green tea is also a great source of antioxidants that help support immune function, cardiovascular health, and fat loss.

Garcina Cambogia is a Tropical fruit extract which is a popular weight-loss supplement. People say it blocks your body's ability to make fat and it helps with your appetite. It could help keep blood sugar and cholesterol levels in check, too. You will find it in bottles on the shelf at the store as well as mixed with other ingredients in diet products.

Advantra-Z is an orange bitters extract. The extract of bitter orange and bitter orange peel has been marketed as dietary supplement purported to act as a weight-loss aid and appetite suppressant.

Capsimax or Cayenne pepper extract, also known as red pepper or chili pepper, is an herb. The fruit of the capsicum plant used to make medicine. Capsicum is used for various problems with digestion including upset stomach, intestinal gas, stomach pain, diarrhea, and cramps. Also used for conditions of the heart and blood vessels including poor circulation, excessive blood clotting, high cholesterol, and preventing heart disease.

ActiGin is from the Rosa Roxburghi plant extract. It has antioxidant properties of the fruit plant which associated with several putative health promoting effects. The Cili fruit is full of vitamin C and is widely used in health supplements and medicine. The Vitamin C found in Rosa Roxburgi is higher than other kinds of fruit such as grape, apple, and pear. It also has higher content vitamin P than general vegetables and fruits. It can be used in health supplements for its strong anti-oxidation, anti-inflammation, antivirus, anti-aging, anti-fatigue effects and to enhance immunity.

This was in pill form so no problems here. The pill was easy to take and no pill got stuck in mouth or throat.

Now, this is the big point. I did find Neco-Adipem to be effective. Now, understand, this is not a magic pill that will help you lose weight without trying. I was at 234.4 pounds and was at a plateau. I had struggled for some months to get past the 233-235 pound mark. I wanted something to help me break that plateau. I continued with my normal diet of 1800-2000 calories per day with about 180 grams of protein and under 150 grams of carbs. I have started to prepare for a run so I needed enough energy to keep me going through the day. I took the pills as subscribed, I had a capsule at breakfast and a capsule before dinner. I did feel full after a meal and having more energy. I was able to get down to 228.8 pounds so I was losing about 1-1.5 pounds per week which are more than I had lost more than prior to the plateau. The one thing that I noticed was I had a lot more mental focus during the day and not just at exercise. Within a few days of taking Neco-Adipem, I would have energy in the morning and was able to pay attention to more details. I was not losing focus on things like reading, driving, and exercise. For that purpose alone, I felt Neco-Adipem was defiantly effective. Plus, throw in the weight loss, an effective product.

I was able to find the one month supply on Amazon for $55 and the Torum website at $59. The one month supply comes with 60 pill containers and each container has 2 pills so you wind up 4 pills per day which work out to less than $2 per day. This is a little high when compared to other weight loss pills but since this product does produce results, I would say could be worth a try. I believe it is worth the money if you have hit a plateau or need a little extra help. If I had the extra money, I would probably buy one.

Side Effects
I did have a few days of the upset stomach around week 3 which lasted 4 days. I can not say because of the pills. It well could have been a bug or other things. I just wanted to mention it. Other than the 4 days, no other side effects noticed.

Conclusion
Neco-Adipem is a good product and is at least worth a try. The price is a little high but if it accomplishes what it says it will, then worth the money. We all wish a magic pill you could take and lose weight regardless of exercise or diet, but if this pill did exist, they could sell it for hundreds of dollars and make A LOT of money. Since this does not exist, we look for alternatives. This product can carry out what it says, but you must continue to stay with a diet plan. I would like to try Neco-Adipem for more months to see if it will continue. Like I said earlier, the one thing I liked was that it helped me stay focused all day. I sometimes struggle with the mental focus, not just in exercise, but also throughout the day. If you are looking for these things, money well spent.

August 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None Found
Like the review title says, I'm 39 and I'm starting to feel myself going down instead of up. Everyone keeps telling me that I need a testosterone boost or shot. The shots were too expensive so I decided to try the pills. The cover of the tub states that it will boost testosterone as soon as 7 days! The question I have is, would this testosterone pill help me?

The first section the Anticatabolic Complex which consists of Rhodiola Extract at 386 mg and Ginkgo Extract at 2.7 mg. Rhodiola is a perennial flowering plant. It grows naturally in wild Arctic regions of Europe, Asia, and North America. Rhodiola a traditional Chinese medicine herb which is to promote physical/cognitive vitality. It claims to cut fatigue and exhaustion. Rhodiola is also neuroprotective (which affects the nerves) and has been known to help longevity. Ginkgo is a large tree with fan-shaped leaves. Ginkgo is found in Asia and grown in Europe and the United States. Ginko is one of the most used herbs because of it for memory disorders including Alzheimer's disease. Used for conditions that seem to cut blood flow in the brain, especially in older people. These conditions include memory loss, headache, ringing in the ears, vertigo, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, mood disturbances, and hearing disorders. Some people use it for other problems related to poor blood flow in the body, including leg pain when walking and Raynaud's syndrome (a painful response to cold, especially in the fingers and toes).

The second section is the Free (Active) Testosterone Stimulator which consists of Boron Citrate at 100 mg and Supplying 5mg Of Active Boron. Boron is a dietary mineral which is to increase testosterone when supplemented at doses higher than from food. Boron is found less in the food we consume due to the farmers growing different products that fail to use Boron. After a 10 day test done on subjects that were taking Boron, the scientists compared their subjects blood results to other subjects that were not taking Boron and found out that: free testosterone levels had increased by 28%, free estrogen levels had decreased by -39%, and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels rose by 10%.

Other than ginkgo, I question the ingredients. As most testosterone or boosters supplements, they usually contain questionable products from Asia. Little to no evidence to prove that these Asian herbs will produce what they claim to. As far as the ginkgo, it seems a good supplement and is easily found in pill form. I am not sure that the ginkgo is going to help with testosterone.

There's good amount of scientific evidence speaking for the health benefits of boron. The ability to increase testosterone levels in healthy human men. That is, why people recommend taking a boron testosterone supplement. A dose range that can increase testosterone levels (without becoming toxic) falls in between 3-25 mg/day. The question here is that this testosterone booster is at 100mg so, is this product becoming toxic? The boron only pills I found online are in the 3-25 mg. Boron is a good product but other options available that can help boost testosterone.

No taste as because of a pill. Instructions say to take 4 pills a day (2 in the morning and 2 at night). The tubs come with 30 servings (a serving was 2 pills) so it would last 15 days.

This is the problem part. At no time did I feel that the testosterone booster helped. I know that it takes a while for testosterone to change and despite what the logo says on the tub (as quick as 7 days to feel the boost) I tried it for a while. I was actively taking it as prescribed and I tried it for 2 months. After 2 months of taking it, I decided to stop because nothing was working. I have tried some different testosterone boosters since trying this one and most of them have at least given me a boost (not for sure if that was due to the caffeine in it or not). The only thing for me to try to help is trying the shot. I would not recommend this to have effectiveness.

The cost was $10 per tub and one tub would get you 15 days so you would spend $20 for a month supply. Testosterone pills or shots can get high (some I have found start at $100 for a month supply or shot). So, for the cost, cheap but if ineffective, a waste of money.

Side Effects
No side effects noticed.

Conclusion
I have recently had blood work done and the testosterone level is in the middle range of having enough and getting lower. I do feel that I need to have a boost in testosterone to keep my goals. Multiple micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) that give to testosterone synthesis, such as vitamins A, C, D, K2, zinc, magnesium, iodine, calcium, etcThese items are not found in the Six Star Testosterone Booster. The Six Star Testosterone Booster only has 1 ingredient (Boron) that seems to help with Testosterone Boost. The problem with the Boron in Six Star Testosterone is that is at such a high level, hurting more than helping. Boron is a proven product to help with testosterone increase, but a lot more options to help. The research I have seen a list of 5-10 ingredients that can help with testosterone boost but Six Star Testorenoe Boost only has one. A person can have a testosterone boost without "feeling" the boost. I would not recommend Six Star Testorenoe boost because I did not feel that it helping, especially with feeling younger, more energy, and sex drive. Find a testosterone boost that has more nutrients and more testosterone ingredients.

August 11, 2017

• Cheap
    Introduction:
    For years all I did was take protein shakes after a workout. Later I learned a bit more about amino acids, recovery, and creatine. I have now learned to add creatine to my workouts. Some people have said that creatine is a steroid, but they need to know the difference between the 2 things so I want to cover this creatine product and why it is not a steroid.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10
    The PrimaForce makes what they call a "Creaform" which is Creatine Monohydrate. The PrimaForce Creaform is a basic creatine monohydrate which consists of 5 grams of creatine monohydrate in one scoop. Creatine comes in different forms. Monohydrate can upset some stomachs so there are other options. Types of Creatine are Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, Tri-Creatine Malate, Buffered Creatine, Micronized Creatine, Liquid Creatine, and Conjugated. Later, I will discuss the monohydrate and why I prefer it. Creatine ethyl ester is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. The attachment of an ester is significant because esters are found in the fat tissue of animals. Tri-creatine malate is a compound made from creatine monohydrate and malic acid. The substance is so named because the compound is made from three creatine molecules attached to one molecule of malic acid. Buffered creatine is a patented product that combines creatine and magnesium. Micronized creatine causes your body to retain water in your skeletal muscles. This water retention will leave your muscles looking bigger and fuller, but may also leave you more susceptible to dehydration. Liquide Creatine does not require loading and has no water retention. Conjugated creatine is a creatine that is combined with something else. This combination can be anything from a protein to an amino acid or anything else a manufacturer wants to combine the creatine with.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
    The mixability is pretty normal. One scoop is 5 grams of creatine. No taste so I would usually add it to another mix (pre-workout, water mixes, protein powder, etc...). Mixability was also easy. Fine with any liquid I would use it with.

For the most part, the PrimaForce Creaform served its purpose of promoting lean mass, maximizes strength gains, and enhance recovery. I could not say that I had a huge gain in these 3 things, but do feel that creatine serves a purpose in weight lifting. The thing I want to focus on is the use of creatine monohydrate and why I prefer this form of creatine. Creatine is like the protein but is not a true protein and is known as a "non-protein" nitrogen. Creatine monohydrate is found in some food like meat and fish. When we lose creatine, energy can shut and our muscles are no longer able to produce force. Increased creatine in the muscle will increase performance. Creatine is a well-researched supplement. Creatine Monohydrate is the standard by which to compare, no form of creatine has shown more powerful or potent. Creatine Monohydrate is the cheapest of the other creatines and easier to find. With all this being said, I prefer the Creatine Monohydrate over the others. I could list all of them but that would be a class that would take some time.

I was able to get this at my local pharmacy. PrimaForce Creaform was $15 and contained 80 servings. This works out to about $.19 per scoop which is cheap compared to other supplements you may use. Creatine Monohydrate comes in many forms. It can come in pills or mix. Some creatine monohydrate is in protein some powders or pre-workouts. This price is pretty close to the other available options, but like I said, a cheap supplement.

Side Effects:
    None noticed

Conclusion: 9/10
    I have researched creatine monohydrate and found many ideas and views on what is best for this supplement. The main thing I found out is low scientific evidence to prove one way is better than another. All I can do is tell you what I did. Some people take it before, during, or after a workout while others take it anytime they can. I would take mine after my workout. I would mix it in with my protein shake so that the creatine would have a good taste. The ingredients say to take one scoop a day. I would use the creatine just once a day and only one scoop which was 5 grams. I will usually cycle off after about 3 months.

Now, I said this at the beginning and I want to take the time to point out that creatine is not a steroid. Creatine is naturally produced by the body and found in foods like meat and fish. If you consume too much creatine, side effects can occur, but as long as you take the right amount of creatine, you should not have side effects. Everybody is different and responds in different ways. The major difference between creatine and steroids is that steroids are a person made function that increases testosterone. Steroids have many side effects regardless of how much you consume. Testrone is naturally in the body but steroids change that which can cause an increase in muscle mass. Creatine is legal while steroids are not, so if steroids are illegal, then I would recommend not doing it. Creatine is a completely different structure compared to that of steroids so please do not put these two things together.

With all this being said, I found the PrimaForce Creaform is a good source of creatine. It mixed well and tasted fine when mixed with something other than just plain water. It did help my recovery and while taking it, I did feel that some muscle growth and I did find myself increase in weight lifting. This is a good product and is part of my everyday workouts. I do know that some reviewers that will have different ideas of what is right and what is wrong. I am not trying to start a debate, just letting you know how I used it. I am not saying my way is the only way. I am just letting you know what I have done.

August 4, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Low Price
    • Sports Performance
    • No A Pre-workout But An Ok Sports Drink
    • Prop Blends
    • Call It A Gatorade
    Introduction:
    I am a guy that always likes to try new stuff. I usually stick with the same protein powder, BCAA, and vitamin's but I will go through all kinds of pre-workouts. I know that pre-works can get pretty expensive so I like to find some that are effective and low cost. I found C4 Sport in a local store that usually has the only supplements I can find without making a 20-mile drive. I have used C4 a few times in the past, but I was not a "huge fan." I knew C4 was a well-known name and since I found some that were inexpensive, I thought I would give it a try. The biggest thing was I could get 30 servings for $20. I also assumed that since C4 made it, this is going to be like the C4 Ripped but I found that indeed a different product.

Ingredient Profile: 5/10

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (9.5 g)
    Servings per Container: 30
    Total Carbohydrates 1g
    Vitamin B6 35mcg
    Vitamin B12 35mcg
    Phosphorus 180 mg
    Magnesium 23 mcg
    Sodium 120 mg
    Potassium 180 mg

As usual, these vitamins can be found in most multi-vitamins. Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 play an important role in a range of physical and psychological functions. They are most known for helping to maintain a healthy metabolism, nerve function, liver function, skin health, and eye health. The body uses phosphorus to form strong bones, get oxygen to tissues, create energy, change protein, fat, and carbohydrate into energy, and move muscles. Magnesium is a mineral that's crucial to the body's function. Magnesium helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and the heart rhythm steady. Your body needs Sodium to work properly. It helps with the function of nerves and muscles. It also helps to keep the right balance of fluids in your body.
    Potassium is a mineral that is found in the foods you eat and an electrolyte. Electrolytes conduct electrical impulses throughout the body. They assist in a range of essential body functions, including blood pressure, normal water balance, and muscle contractions. Basically, these vitamins give you energy and electrolytes.

The C4 Sport has 2 additional Performance Blend and Energy blend. The C4 Sports Performance Blend contains Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Arginine AKG, DiSodium Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, DiPotassium Phosphate. Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most popular supplements used by people looking to build lean muscle mass, maximize performance and increase strength. Beta-alanine is used for improving athletic performance and exercise capacity, building lean muscle mass, and improving physical functioning in the elderly. AAKG, also commonly known as Arginine AKG or arginine alpha ketoglutarate, contains the essential amino acid, and L-arginine to perform various important functions. Further, known to be a key player in protein synthesis. Disodium phosphate is a food additive that combines the phosphorus and sodium. Magnesium is important for the normal functioning of cells, nerves, muscles, bones, and the heart. This medication is a mineral supplement used to prevent and treat low amounts of magnesium in the blood. Magnesium is important for the normal functioning of cells, nerves, muscles, bones, and the heart. Disodium phosphate used to enhance food characteristics. Disodium phosphate is used in packaged foods, including macaroni and pasta, some cheeses, meat products, canned sauces, Jell-O, evaporated milk, and some chocolate. These ingredients together help produce contain products that can be found in some protein shakes. They also work with the vitamins in hopes of producing lean muscle mass and strength.

The C4 Sports Energy Blend contains Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Pridoxal-5-phosphate, Methylcobalamin. Taurine is an amino acid that I have heard some people say come from bull urine or bull semen, but the truth is this conditional amino acid, taurine, does not come from the bodily fluids of bulls. Natural taurine actually comes from meat, fish, and dairy and is otherwise found as synthetic supplements. Most abundant in the brain, eyes, heart, and muscles, and much like glycine, is considered a conditional amino acid as opposed to an essential amino. Anhydrous caffeine is simply dehydrated caffeine and anhydrous means "without water." Available in pill or tablet form, or as a soluble powder. Anhydrous caffeine is found in a number of non-prescription medications such as Vivarin and No-Doze. Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, or P5P, is the active form of vitamin B6 (which was mentioned earlier). Methylcobalamin, also known as Methyl-B12, is a form of the common vitamin B12 (which was mention earlier). It differs from typical B12 in that it has an additional methyl group, and contains metal-alkyl bonds. Methylcobalamin is one of the two coenzyme forms of vitamin B12.

I give this a 5/10 because the ingredients seem a little off compared to most pre-workouts. I couldn't find anything in the ingredients that would give you more energy. Not that the ingredients are bad, but a lot of these ingredients can be found in a multivitamin or a protein shake (if you add some creatine to it).

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 7/10
    The taste was fine and similar to what I usually put in with a water mix. Nothing fancy. Mixability was ok. It did mix alright with water when shaken but always had a little bit of powder at the bottom. Usually had to add some more water to it so that I could get all the mix. Dosing was one scoop per day and contained 30 serving so it could get you buy for a month. It was blue raspberry and taste just like blue raspberry water mix-in.

This is where things failed to go the way I had hoped. At no time before pre-workout did I ever get more energy or pump. This is not a pre-workout and doesn't fit the in the same category of one. I do like to take an electrolyte amino acid during a workout and this was similar to what I was already taken during the workout. C4 Sport kept me hydrated and it was good to have something other than water. I gave it a 1/10 because it kept me hydrated, but as a pre-workout, 0/10.

I was able to find it at Walmart only, which for me is good because of nothing else close enough to get pre-workout. At $20 per container for 30 servings works out to $0.67 per serving. Price wise, pretty cheap. The problem is its failure to be considered a pre-workout. I know I called it a pre-workout earlier because it says to take it 30-45 minutes prior to workout, but the only real thing I can compare it to is Gatorade. I gave it a 1/10 because it was inexpensive, but it is no value since it fails to be a "pre-workout".

Side Effects:
    I did not notice any.

Conclusion: 3/10
    The only real thing I can say here is that the C4 Sport is not a pre-workout. If you are looking for a water mix-in, then this differently fits that group. If you are out on a run or in a workout and need hydration, then go for C4 Sport. Do not get filled by the product out there that says "consume 30-45 minutes prior to workout" because not always a pre-workout.

July 31, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Hydration Was Great
    • Note Expensive
    • But A Little High
    When a person starts to change their lives and try to be healthy, they learn a lot of things about what you need to do to be healthy. When I first started to workout, I just thought that all you needed to do was not eat fast food and exercise. As a young adult, you might get away with that. As a wiser adult, you learn more about your body and what you should do and not do. I wish when I was younger, I knew what I know now. I have now learned that health comes from more than just not eating fast food and exercise. Healthy living is proper eating, proper diet, and good exercise. When it comes to diet and exercise, a key thing is what you should do to help yourself. I have learned that amino acids, hydration, and recovery are important to the new life style. I found a nice priced recovery product called Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast and available in the health section at all Wal-Marts. Wal-Mart stuff is not always bad.

Total Carbohydrate 2 g
    Vitamin A 596 IU
    Chloride 513 mg
    Sodium 100 mg
    Potassium 45 mg

These are the first listed ingredients and are also found in the Hydration and Performance Blend. Calories and Carbs are low so this is a good mix for those on a lean diet. Vitamin A helps with bone growth, reproduction, immune system, and skin. Chloride is an electrolyte in the blood that keeps the cells in balance. Sodium, or salt, will help your body work properly so that your nerves and muscles function as it balances fluids in your body. Potassium, which can be found in bananas, is a mineral in foods. Potassium is not a natural mineral produced by the body so eating food with potassium will help your body and also gives you electrolyte. Taurine (which is part of the Hydration and Performance Blend) is an amino acid which will be a block of protein.

The second listed ingredients are the "BCAA/EAA Strength Complex" which is L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Phenylalanine, DL-Methionine. All of these items are some form of amino acids. The first amino acids listed are the essential amino acids (EAA)Leucine is an essential amino acid that the body cannot produce so you can get it with meat, eggs, beans, etc... It can also help with weight, lean muscle, and cholesterol. Lysine is an essential amino acid that is linked to treating the herpes virus and recover from workouts. Threonine is an essential amino acid that helps with normal growth for protein balance in the body. Threonine is also used to treat some nervous disorders which include multiple sclerosis. Methionine is an essential amino acid that helps the body process and eliminates fat. Three branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) in the body, which are isoleucine, valine, and leucine. BCAA's help promotes muscle recovery after exercise. Isoleucine is actually broken down for energy within the muscle tissue. Valine promotes normal growth, repair tissues, regulate blood sugar, and provide the body with energy. Valine can also work with the central nervous system to help with proper mental functioning. Phenylalanine is an amino acid that has three forms: L-phenylalanine, D-phenylalanine, and DL-phenylalanine. Of these forms, only L-phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that is found in proteins. Phenylalanine can also help with Depression, ADHD, Parkinson's disease, Chronic pain, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, and Alcohol withdrawal.

The last listed ingredients are called "Muscle Recovery Matrix" which is L-Glutamine and L-Carnitine. Glutamine is an intestinal and immune system health compound that is linked to muscle building. Carnitine is a substance that helps the body turn fat into energy.

When reviewing a product, I usually look for something that I should be concerned with or something that might do more damage than help. In this situation, Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast is a good product. It has a lot of good ingredients and covers the BCAA's and good EAA. It has things to help replenish hydration without a lot of calories or carbs. The Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast is a good mix with the necessary ingredients.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
    The only flavor I was able to find was lemon lime. It seems that you can find any drink in lemon and lime. I am not a big fan of lemon and lime and I usually go with another flavor if available. This one, on the other hand, was good. It reminded me of Gatorade, but without the sugar. The instructions say to mix one scoop with 6-8 ounces of water or 2 scoops to 12-16 ounces of water. I would use the 2 scoops with about 20 ounces of water and I always received a good flavor. No grittiness or after taste. I would drink it as part of my workout as I need water anyway and this contained hydration, so a good one to use during a workout for me. All in all, good. The instructions list one scoop at 360 grams so 2 scoops would be 720.

When doing a review, I want to be able to tell you that I "lost so much weight" or "I had great muscle growth." I would like to write a big review with a bunch of highlights. This is one of those situations that it will not happen. That is, ok. The BCAA/EAA did seem to work and I do not like taking a lot of pills, so good to have a drink instead. For me, the real effectiveness came in the hydration. I am big on hydration and getting plenty of water. When you run or workout, water is important. I sweat a lot so I do drink a bit of water. I get tired sometimes of drinking just good old fashioned water. The Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast always kept me hydrated. I never felt like I was failing to get water. I did seem to have less sweat and that is always a positive because who likes to leave a sweaty bench. I like having flavors that I enjoy and the Lemon Lime was able to do that. Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast was effective but no real way to say "the most effective mix I have ever had." As far as muscle recovery, it did it's job and nothing seemed to go wrong here. No real downfalls or side effects.

A product found at Wal-Mart can be priced well and was priced at $17 for .79 pounds with 30 servings. This works out to about $0.57 per scoop which is lower than what I find on other amino drink products that range from $.55 to $1.00 per scoop. The only catch to this is how many scoops you use. I would use 2 scoops so that would have me buying two containers per month to get me through one month without having to go back and buy more. Be sure to check any of these amino mixes because they may need more than one scoop too. Either way, I found the price to be reasonable but not always the cheapest.

Side Effects
    No side effects noticed.

Conclusion: 9/10
    I have enjoyed using the Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast. The ingredients and taste were good. I live in a town where few places are available to go to get supplements. I do try what is available in my town and I get some hits and some misses. Compared to some of the other Amino mixes, this one did give me hydration. Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast was not loaded with energy but it did help with recovery. I liked the way it helped during workouts and it always left me feeling like I was getting hydrated. The only bad thing I found was that the value could be a little better. If I only used one scoop, then the value was great but I was using 2 scoops per day so that did bring the value down a little. I would like to buy just one contained to get me through the month but I would need to buy 2. The value was still good, just failed to be a 10. I did have muscle recovery and was not sore the next day. I would recommend this in the future and I will continue to use it.