Zsteinf

Try Requests

TROOPer Level

Completed Missions

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Total Reviews

Votes Cast

Answers

Reputation

Forum Posts

First Bloods

MVRs

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. Zsteinf will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 163 days.

Reviews by Zsteinf

Overall
Thanks to wildflower for sending it out!
  January 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Soothing
  • Warming Sensation
  • Helps Relieve Cold Symptoms
  • Relief From Occasional Aches And Pains
  • Relaxing And Calming Effect
  • Cool Looking Vape Pen
  • Bit Too Expensive
  • No Instructions On When To Use

Thank you for the people at Wildflower. This is a pretty inventive idea. The question is does it work and is CBD as good as they say.

I wanted to try this because of the CBD in it and there have been good reviews on it. This product has 500mg CBD oil which is whole cannabis plant extract, vegetable glycerin, essential oils, root extracts, polysorbate, glyceryl stearate, and lecithin. I want to cover the other ingredients before I talk more about the CBD. Vegetable glycerin is a liquid found in a vapor that is sweet tasting. The essential oils give it its smell. Polysorbate helps bond things together to stay in oil form. Polysorbate can be toxic if too much is consumed. Glyceryl stearate is used in cosmetics and as a lubricant to help keep the oil moving inside the product. Lecithin is being used to keep the ingredients together and not separate like oil and water do. CBD (or cannabidiol) is not weed and will not test positive for a background check. Differences exist between THC (weed) and other items found in the cannabis plant like CBD. With THC or marijuana eliminated from the cannabis, then you get different cannabis. Cannabis has shown many benefits such as relief from pain, more focus, and helps with the body healing and recovering.

The two things that concern me, 1) Does CBD work and 2) Are the other ingredients good for you? There has been a lot of research on CBD and its benefits. I am interested in trying more CBD's to see if the benefits do occur. The other ingredients are questionable. I understand that they all serve a purpose to make the vapor work. What I found online shows that these ingredients (other than the CBD) can be toxic and harmful if not consumed or used correctly. Wildflower should list how much of each product is being used so we know if we are using something that can be toxic.

You can get this in CBD or THC vapor format. I got the CBD immunity. The taste (smoked, not consumed in drinking) on this was similar to what you do if you were to brush your teeth or mouthwash. The mixability is already done because of smoking. The dosing is something that I found inconvenient. The instructions do instruct you on how to consume the vapor. You place the tip of the product to your mouth, inhale for about 5 seconds, the vapor will shut off automatically if you consume longer then 5 seconds, and after 150 draws you should notice a drop in flavor identifying you have reached the end of oil vapor. Nowhere did they instruct you on how often to do it. They did not give instruction on how many per day. They did not give instruction on how many puffs you should take when you are using it. I tried everything I could to research how much immunity to take in a day and was not able to find anything. This was something that was lacking. You cannot give somebody a product and not tell them how much to use or when to use it. This was a huge problem for me because I just smoked until it ran out, not knowing if I were doing it too much or not enough. As far as this category, I am going to give it a low ranking.

The effectiveness of this product is something that is hard to measure. What I can tell you about the effectiveness was that I felt my immunity was good. A lot of stomach bugs, influenza, and what I call "crud" going around now. Anytime I felt like sickness was coming on I would go ahead and take a few puffs just to try to fight it. Like I said earlier, I was not sure how much to use so I had to go off what I felt like I should use. During the time of using it, I did not catch influenza, stomach bug, or crud. The main reason I wanted to try this was for the CBD, which is part of the cannabis plant. I struggle with a lot of headaches because of a hemorrhage I had a few years ago. I wanted to try the CBD because I am looking for something other than hydrocodone to help with my pain. I have researched CBD and all the research seems to show a positive effect on the body. I cannot say that the CBD helped with anything. I did not feel like my headaches were getting any better. I know that people now are looking for ways to promote marijuana, but I just do not know if the CBD is a good route to go. If I am able to try something in another form other than vapor, this may be something that's better for the CBD. As of now for a vapor, I did not find the CBD effective. Again, this is just my opinion. So, effectiveness, I am going to give it to meh.

The only place I could find it was on the Wildflower website at $60. Hard for me to rate the value because I do not know how to use. The instructions say that after 150 puffs, you should start to see it not working. If this is the case, you are getting $.40 per puff. So, based on how much you should consume in a day or how many puffs you should take when consuming, it can be expensive or cheap. I am just going to give it a low ranking because I am only guessing that it should last a month. I also give it a low ranking here because I never felt it was working.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

I would love to give this a good rating. I had some concerns about the ingredients. I do think CBD is effective if consumed properly. Taste and mixability were great. I'm guessing that the effectiveness was good but I cannot say it was. The value is a low ranking because the price is high (but could be changed if I know more about how to use it). How to consume was easy because instructions were given. No instructions on how much to consume so it was hard to figure out. So for the conclusion, this is not something I would spend money on because I just don't know enough about it. I believe this a great product if some of these issues could be changed or updated.

Overall
Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 12, 2018

• Convenient
  • Chicken Protein
  • Feels Like A Snack
  • Flavor Can Get Old Fast
  • Taste Good At First But Eventually Bad Taste

Thank you to Barndad nutrition for a different kind of protein. When you do construction you never know where you're going so you need a quick easy snack. This is why I decided to try.

Chicken protein isolate

6g fat
15g carbs
1g sugar
190 calories

ChickPro Meat Crisp (is what Barndad calls it) is Chicken Protein Isolate, Pea Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Litesse Fiber, Canola Oil, Seasoning (Fructose, Maltodextrin, Salt, Brown Sugar, Onion Powder, Honey, Spices, Sugar, Torula Yeast, Garlic Powder, Yeast Extract, Natural Smoke Flavor, extractive of Paprika, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, sucrose). The core ingredients are chicken protein isolate and pea protein isolate so I will not cover the other ingredients. The other ones are for taste and to preserve it. A protein isolate is from milk used as a by-product of the cheese-making process. Protein isolates contain more pure protein. Chicken protein isolate powder provides the pure protein in a small chip/snack like form that is allergen free. Chicken is used in diet plans due to the protein amount and flavor, so a great idea to try chicken in an easier way than just cooking chicken. Pea protein is another form of protein, but not a complete form of protein since it comes from peas. Pea protein isolate is a protein sold in powder form and found in vegan supplements.

The mixability and dosing were already done as packaged together. The big question here is the taste. It is kind of hard to explain so I am going to do the best that I can. The flavor I got was the sweet barbecue. The taste is similar to what you get from a barbecue flavored chip. The weird taste was the real flavor outside the barbecue sweet taste. Crunchy and seemed to stick to my teeth a lot. The easiest way I can explain the crunch is like a thick corn chip. When having this for the 1st time, the 1st few bites I enjoyed but by the end of a package, I had about all I could take as far as it goes with taste. This is definitely a unique taste for me but the only thing I can compare to is a thick, crunchy, barbeque flavored corn chip.

The effectiveness part of this is pretty easy for me to explain. High in protein so something that fit in with my diet plan. It left me feeling full but not for an extended amount of time. I would usually get about an hour or two before I was ready for something else to eat. They say a meal replacement. but I would not consider it a meal replacement so that part not effective. I would put it into a class of a snack. As far as it goes with a protein source, I would put it in a class like a protein shake so an effective source of protein. I give the protein part as effective.

I was able to find online for around $24-26, but I did find it on luckyvitamin.com for $22 for the 8 containers per box. This works out to $2.75 per container. I am giving this a low ranking as a snack but a decent rating if used as a meal replacement.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed

Conclusion

So, in conclusion, not something that I would recommend for a meal replacement, which is what it claims. This is a pretty expensive snack. The cost is too high for me if being used as a snack. If a meal replacement, the price is ok. It does have a high amount of protein in it without having to have a protein shake or cooking chicken to eat later. A quick 20 gram of protein is definitely something that is a high value. But in the end, I give it a low ranking because of cost and the taste is off.

Overall
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 1, 2018

• Helps Recovery Over Night
  • Filling
  • Great Mixability
  • Good BCAA Mixture

Thank you Dymatize for a wonderful casein protein. I have tried their products before and have never been disappointed. This is the first time I have tried their casein and was as satisfied as I had been in the past.

This is a protein powder with 100% micellar casein. This is a gluten-free product and it contains 5.4g of BCAA and 2.3g of Leucine.

Total Fat 1.5g

Cholesterol 20mg
    Carbs 3g
    Sugar 0g
    Protein 25g

This is a pretty straightforward casein protein. Of course, every company makes their products a little different but for me, this was a good casein powder mix with good nutrients.

Dymatize has several options available for flavoring which include chocolate, vanilla, cookies/cream, and cinnamon roll. I was able to get the cinnamon roll and I wouldn't say it tasted like a cinnamon roll, but a good flavor. More like cinnamon flavoring than a cinnamon roll. The mixability was similar to any other casein that I have tried. Ingredients say to mix one scoop with 10-12 oz. of beverage, which I usually ended up with 12-14 oz. because I don't like a really thick shake. Casein is so thick like ice cream custard shake than your normal protein shake so always make sure to have plenty of liquid in it. I had no problem with the mixability just got to shake it really well. The dosing is one scoop which is 25g of protein. The dosing was no issues.

Like with any other protein shake, I cannot say that I was putting on a ton of muscle or having any weight loss. It definitely did what it claims to do which is easy to recover and feel full after taking the casein. I was taking Dymatize at night right before bed and it kept me from wanting to go back to the kitchen for snacks. The only downfall I had was going to the bathroom at night but not because of medical problems. Since you have to add a lot of beverage to it, it made me have to go pee. This was an easy thing to correct because I would take it about 1-2 hours before I would go to sleep and I would go pee right before I went to sleep. If I forgot to take it early, I would have to go in the middle of the night but this was my problem, not a Dymatize problem. So, effectiveness wise with the ingredients, I would say effective protein.

I was able to find Dymatize Elite Casein for $35-$50 for a 2 lb tub with 26 servings. At $35 for 26 servings, $1.35 per serving which is higher than my whey protein that is around $1 per serving. Casein protein is a high-priced protein because it takes more to make than whey protein, so at $1.35 per serving that is a good price. I have not found a good casein out there that is under $1.25 (I have found $1 serving casein, but they were not good) per serving so at $1.35, a great value. Since this is a great product at a good cost, I give it a high value.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I have always heard good things about Dymatize nutrition and they always deliver the good product. I would say a great casein protein shake and would highly recommend it to anybody. Always hard to measure effectiveness so you have to go off ingredients and this one was dead on. The taste, mixability, and dosing are pretty similar to other good caseins out there. If casein protein is a part of your diet, this was definitely one to try. Dymatize nutrition makes a good product so you usually get a good product.

Overall
    Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
      January 1, 2018

• Lose Weight
    • Hard To Measure Amounts

Big thank you to the people at adaptogen science for giving me a chance to try your product. I always enjoy something that stimulant free so this was a definite try for me. First time to try this supplement, so I was interested in it.

Pretty basic ingredients. It has L-Carnitine Base at 3000mg and what they call Water Shred Complex 50mg which is Paradoxine Grains of Paradise and Lean GBB (or Gamma butyrobetaine estyl ester chloride). It has 0 grams of sugar and calories. Carnitine is an amino acid found in almost all the cells in our body. The wonderful thing about this amino acid is it burns energy by using fatty acids for metabolism. Carnitine has also been used for people with kidney issues. Paradoxine Grains of Paradise (not grains of paradise capsicum) is the Aframomum melegueta plant that for medicine in Western Culture. Aframomum is for fat reduction. It has also been used for hormones, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory. Lean GBB is a precursor for Carnitine to increase the Carnitine to help with results. It can help with weight loss and athletic performance. All these ingredients work together to help Carnitine work better. Ingredients in the L-Carnitine liquid are good and I give this a high rating.

The taste was fruit punch flavor which tasted like fruit punch water mix. Mixability was not an issue as it was already mixed in a liquid form. Getting the right amount of liquid to consume was a little difficult to measure. I have kids so I already have the little shots available in 1 tablespoon. It was easy for me to do but difficult for those that don't have those things readily available. The dosing was 1 tablespoon in the morning and 1 tablespoon in the afternoon. For me the only problem here was sometimes I didn't have my shot available so it was a little bit harder to do. When you're dealing with the liquid it can sometimes not be as easy is a pill that you can take around. This was a small detail but I still give it a high rating.

I always need some stuff that stimulant free of energy and this is what it was. I did occasionally use a pre-workout with this just to get a little extra boost but as far as it goes with energy no problems. I did not lose weight but it did help me maintain my current weight. The last month I have not stuck in my diet very well (I always struggle to eat well during Thanksgiving and Christmas). What this product did do was keep me from putting on weight. My workouts and cardio remained the same, just bad diet. Usually, in this situation, I put on about 5 pounds but this did not happen. It did give me a little appetite fullness that I would need but if I stayed on point with my diet, I would have lost about 5 pounds. These ingredients did help curb appetite and I felt it would have helped with fat loss if a diet was followed. Definitely, something I thought was working. I give this a high rating.

The prices range from $19 (on eBay and jet.com) and up to $32. It has 31 servings of the 2 scoops per day which are $1.63 per serving. This is a stimulant free fat burner and boosts metabolism, which is a good product for me. I found other stimulants free fat burners ranging from $20 up to $50, so it's less expensive one. This one is worth the try for people looking for this kind of product. I am going to give this a high value.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed

Conclusion

All in all, good product which is stimulant free. The ingredient was great and I also enjoyed the taste. I did feel that the product was working, just hard for me to measure due to break in a diet. The value was good because less expensive than other stimulant-free products. The only downfall for me was a way to get the shots needed in a day due to measuring amount to take when away from home. I usually find myself struggling to bring a huge tub with me when I was out and about but for me, that's a minor detail. I will give it a good value overall.

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
    9.1
    5.9
      December 26, 2017

• 5 Different Protein Sources
    • Aids Recovery
    • Taste Great
    • 5 Different Protein Sources

Thank you to the people at SR for giving me a chance to try some products and give it a review. This is my third review for protein from international protein. I wanted to try what this company had to offer and was able to get 3 of the 4 protein powders available from SR.

If you've ever used international protein, you will find that all their protein shakes are loaded with good ingredients. I will give it a break down below.

Total fat 2 grams

Carbohydrates 3mg
    Calcium 220 mg
    Sodium 110 mg
    Potassium 230 mg.

International Protein breaks down all the amino acids inside the protein powder, which is nice. I will list the ones in there but not all the milligrams of each one. All of the Internation Protein powders I tried list all of this amino acids and amounts in them. Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Tryptophan, Valine, Histidine, Alanine, Threonine, Leucine, Glycine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, Cysteine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, and Proline.

This product is what they claim a protein synergy 5 which is 5 different proteins together. I have never tried all 5 together in one mix. They list the protein synergy 5 as positive nitrogen balance of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, egg white albumen, and micellar casein. It also has sweetener as well as soy. I do not always break down the protein in the powders but since this product has all 5 mixed together, I find it necessary. Each protein has its own benefits, but each protein also may not fit your diet. Hydrolyzed isolate is whey protein that contains water to help absorb into the body easier. Whey protein isolate will remove the fat and lactose from the protein. Whey protein concentrate has a low-level of fat and cholesterol but is higher in carbohydrates. Egg white is the outside part of the egg which is the white part and the yoke removed. Casein is found in the curd of milk and slowly absorbed by the body. I do not want to break down the benefits and which protein you should use because that is a forum discussion that would take a long time to discuss. I just want to list what each one is so those that are new to protein get a basic understanding.

I understand the purpose of this product and what International Protein is trying to do. In theory, good idea. The only problem I see is that all 5 of these proteins together seem to cancel each other out so you are getting a protein pot. I know this is a forum topic, I just wanted to list my thoughts.

I was able to get this one in strawberry which I am not a big fan of strawberry flavoring but that is a small detail. For me, it tasted like a typical strawberry protein mix. This product mixed well with any milk or water-based products. I was able to shake and stir with no issues. I do sometimes pre-mix my protein for later in the day and this one did not stay mixed and would need re-shaken. The ingredients say that 1 1/3 scoop would give you 33 g of protein. The tub is a Ziploc bag so I found it hard to scoop but that is a minor issue. The only thing I would change with this is one scoop big enough to get the 1 1/3 into just 1 scoop. I did not run any problems with mixability, taste, or dosing.

As with most protein products, hard to always check the effectiveness because not something that is measurable. As far as it goes with recovery and feeling full, I was able to get good results. I take a scoop before a workout and a scoop after a workout. I did not get any problems along the way and felt this was an effective protein mix. The Protein Synergy 5 was as good or better than most that are out there on the market.

Little hard to find online. I went to the international protein website and it listed all the products but I still struggled to find it for purchase there. I was able to find a 2-pound tube on Amazon for $50. I did find some other websites that had it as high as five $75. At the $50 for the 2-pound bag is a little high for me. The cost is about a $1.50 per scoop which is higher than my normal $1.00 per scoop. For the money and the value, I find this high and that is why I rank it low.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I am giving this a high rating because the mixability and taste were good. I also thought the ingredients were excellent. This is one of the better proteins that I have had. They have several options to choose from for flavors. The cost was high so that gives it a lower ranking. The idea for the 5 proteins together is good but not for the ones with a specific diet. Good product and idea but high price.

December 19, 2017

• Quality Ingredients
    • Mixes Easily
    • Awkward Scoop

Thank you to the people at International Protein for letting me try your product. The International Protein product is brought in from Australia. Can protein with energy help you?

The protein mix is called ISO-CUTS because it is a combination of Thermogenic and whey protein isolate.

Calories: 150
    Fat: 0.5 grams
    Sugar: 2 grams
    Protein: 33

Calories: 150
    Fat: 0.5 grams
    Sugar: 2 grams
    Protein: 33

Garcinia cambogia (HCA) 638 mg, TEAVIGO green tea extract 109 mg, green tea extract 30mg, Carnitine 33 mg, Inositol 0.003g, Choline 3.2g, Chromium Polynicotinate 132g, Isoleucine, 2337mg, Leucine 3777mg, Lysine 3329mg, Methionine 896mg, Phenylalanine 1056mg, Threonine 2526mg, Tryptophan 640mg, Valine 2081mg, Histidine 576mg, Alanine 1856mg, Arginine 832mg, Aspartic Acid 3777mg, Cysteine 6051mg, Glutamine 6051mg, Glycine 576mg, Proline 2177mg, Serine 1696mg, and Tyrosine 1088mg.

The protein powder is a Whey Protein Isolate. The TEAVIGO green tea is similar to the normal green tea. The TEAVIGO green tea is a company that makes green tea with a minimum of 94% purity. TEAVIGO claims that its green tea is free from caffeine, herbs, and pesticide. The TEAVIGO green tea is about 1 cup of coffee. The other green tea extract is normal green tea. Normal green tea improves mental alertness and thinking. Green tea is linked to many benefits such as headaches, liver disease, and Crohn's disease to name a few. The normal green tea is about 2 ounces of coffee so the 2 different green teas combined are about an 8-ounce cup of coffee. Garcinia or hydroxycitric acid (HCA) might help with fat storage, control appetite, and increase exercise endurance. Inositol and choline are like vitamin B complex (vitamin B8) even though no a vitamin. Inositol is a natural glucose isomer that will transport fat throughout your body. Choline helps the liver and used for many medical issues. Choline is also used for bodybuilding and fatigue. Chromium is for improving blood sugar control, weight loss, increasing muscle, and decreasing body fat. Chromium is also used to increase energy. The ISO-CUTS also has vitamins and amino acids which is Carnitine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Tryptophan, Valine, Histidine, Alanine, Threonine, Leucine, Glycine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, Cysteine, and Proline. This protein mix has a lot of good ingredients and I find no faults with the ingredients.

I got the Caramel Latte flavor which was good but I am not a huge fan of Caramel. Either way, good. The ISO-CUTS was available in 2 other Latte flavors which are Chocolate and Vanilla. The ISO-CUTS mixed well with any milk-based products or water. I was able to shake and stir with no issues. The ingredients say that one serving is 1 1/3 scoop, need to change the scooper to be big enough so there is not a need to get 1 1/3 scoop, to give you 32g of protein. The protein mix is in a bag instead of a tub so I found it hard to scoop but that is a minor issue. I did not have any problems with mixability, taste, or dosing.

It can be difficult to do the effectiveness because not all things are measurable. What I look for is recovery and I had good results. I took one serving before workouts since it did contain energy and I did not use a pre-workout. The energy that came with the ISO-CUTS was not the same as a pre-workout, but I did feel good enough to finish my workout. I did not have the pump or the burst of energy that I normally get from pre-workout (regardless if the pre-workout is a stimulant or no stimulant). Using the ISO-CUTS before the workout did not give me any problems. I was able to get the results I look for from my protein mix and the effectiveness was as good or better than the other protein shakes I have used.

A little hard to find online. I went to the international protein website and it listed the 2lb bag at $60. I was not able to find it on Amazon or other major websites but I did find a 2-pound tub for $55 on some supplement websites that I have not used before. At $55 for a 2-pound tub is pretty high for me. The cost is about $1.83 per scoop. I usually try to keep my cost around a dollar per scoop, so this is a lot higher than normal. For the money and the value, I find this to be high.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I am giving the middle rating because the mixability and taste were good with 2 other flavor options available. I also thought the ingredients were excellent. I would not say that the energy was great so for the energy, not a high rating. I can get my energy from a pre-workout and that energy is more than what I got from ISO-CUTS. The value is getting a low rating because the cost is just too much. This is one of the better proteins that I have had but not for the money. If the price was lower, this would get a high rating.

December 8, 2017

• A Little High

Thank you to the people at International Protein for letting me try your product. I am always looking to try different protein and this is one that is not made in the USA. The International Protein product is brought in from Australia.

The container has 31 total servings per package. The serving size is 1 1/3 scoop or 40g.

Per 40g serving
    Fat 0.3 g
    Saturated Fat 0.1 g
    Potassium 406 mg
    Sodium 100 mg

The ingredients are Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate (...

Per 40g serving
    Fat 0.3 g
    Saturated Fat 0.1 g
    Potassium 406 mg
    Sodium 100 mg

The ingredients are Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolysed Whey Protein Isolate (Whey Peptides), L-Glutamine, and L-Arginine. It does have Sweetener (Sucralose) and Soy Lecithin. The container does not break down the exact amounts of the proteins so it would be nice to know how much hydrolyzed. The amino listed is long and International Protein says the mix contains the largest amount of amino. The amino includes Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Tryptophan, Valine, Histidine, Alanine, Threonine, Leucine, Glycine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, Cysteine, and Proline. This protein mix has a lot of good ingredients and I find no faults with the ingredients.

I got the chocolate flavor but other flavors are available in banana, strawberry, cookies and cream, Turkish delight, and vanilla. For me, it tasted like a typical chocolate protein mix. This product mixed well with any milk-based products or water. I was able to shake and stir with no issues. The ingredients say that one serving is 1 1/3 scoop that would give you 33g of protein. The protein mix is in a Ziploc bag so I found it hard to scoop but that is a minor issue. I did not have any problems with mixability, taste, or dosing. The only thing I would change is to have the scoop be the full serving instead of getting an extra scoop of 1/3.

As with most protein products, hard to do the effectiveness because not something that is always measurable. With recovery, I was able to get good results. I take a scoop before a workout and a scoop after a workout. Using the Amino Charged PWI before and after the work out did not give me any problems. I was able to get the results I look for from my protein mix. The effectiveness was as good or better than the other protein shakes out there on the market.

A little hard to find online until I searched it as Amino Charged PWI. I was able to find it on the normal supplement websites, Amazon, and the International Protein website. I was able to find the 2-pound bag on Amazon for $50 (there is a banana flavored 2lb bag for $22). Other websites had it as high as $75. The $22 bag of 2 lbs is good. Since most listings are at $50 for 2lbs bag, I will use that to configure cost. The cost for a $50 bag with 31 servings works out to $1.61 per serving. This amount is higher than my normal $1-$1.25 per serving. The question here is value, not just cost. This protein mix has a high amount of amino so how much is that worth to you. I usually take my amino in pill form so I did enjoy it being in my protein mix. I usually spend $15 for a month worth of amino pills so I can get my normal protein and amino at about $1 to $1.25 per serving so the Amino Charged PWI is higher than my normal amount. Given the ingredients and the flavor, I would say that it has a good value but not a great value. Value wise, in the middle for me.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I'm giving this a higher rating because the mixability and taste was good. I also thought the ingredients were excellent. This is one of the better proteins that I have had. They have several other protein options to choose from as well as flavors. This is one that I will definitely use in the future and would recommend.

3.4
    Thanks to ALP Nutrition for sending it out!
      December 8, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Flavor
    • Ingredients
    • On The Go Capsules

Thank you, ALP nutrition for a sample of one of your products. I was not for sure exactly what this product was but thought it was worth a try. What is the ALP nutrition sport?

ALP nutrition sport is loaded with vitamins and even breaks the vitamins down to specifics. ALP nutrition sport has Vitamin C, Vitamin B3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B9 (folic acid), Vitamin B12, Biotin, or Vitamin B, Magnesium, and Zinc. These vitamins are well-known so I will not get into all the vitamin benefits. I would like to highlight the following vitamin and other items. The ALP nutrition sport has Selenium, CoEnzyme Q10 and Alpine herbal extract. Selenium is a vitamin shown to support the other vitamins found in ALP nutrition sport. Selenium can help with aging, support the immune system and preventing colon and prostate cancer. CoEnzyme Q10 is a compound made in the body which may be low. The benefits of CoEnzyme Q10 are long and they include helping with cancer, headaches, heart failure and fertility. This is a compound that is definitely beneficial. The last ingredient is Alpine herbal extract. Alpine herbal was hard to find and the ALP nutrition did not list exactly what this ingredient is and its benefits. The only information I could find was skin health. This was the only ingredient that I question. What is its purpose and what exactly is in it?

As far as it goes with mixability and dosing, it is already mixed. You would just consume it like a shot at a bar. The taste is good with a citric or an orange kind of flavor. It came in a container with only 15 shots that you take daily. I was only able to get 15 days of this product. It did not give specifics on when to take it so I just took it after lunch which is before my workout.

The effectiveness appeared fine. Like a multivitamin with a bit of energy. I cannot say that this was something that helped me with weight loss or more power when working out. It did give me a bit more energy but not something that you would find in a pre-workout so I would not treat it like a pre-workout. This is something that could be effective if in addition to some other supplements you might be using. It did leave me feeling like I had high immunity to a sickness that comes along in the winter. I definitely felt healthier. I could not say that ALP nutrition sport was medically helping me as I did not get scientific evidence. In order to get that information, you will need full blood work done.

I was able to find a 15 day supply on the ALP nutrition website at a cost of $40 (or 30 English pounds). Amazon had it at a higher price for a 15 day supply at $51. This works out to around $3 a day. This is high for me so the value was low ranking because more than I would be willing to pay. Even if I had extra money, I would still not get it due to the high price.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

For the most part, it did what it said it could do. Loaded with healthy and good vitamins needed for the body. I had high immunity while using ALP nutrition sport but nothing that could not be found in a good multivitamin. I did get an increase in health energy without a stimulant or thermogenic ingredient. A good product just high in price and due to price, I would not buy in the future.

Overall
    Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
      November 23, 2017

• Appetite Control
    • Burn Fat
    • Solid Thermo Effect
    • Lack Of Availability

Thank you to the people at outbreak for another good product. I decided to try this because you could take ut in the morning and would not have to take it the rest of the day. A good break from having to take a bunch of pills and instead have a mixable thermogenic to take in the morning.

The ingredients listed are Acetyl L-Carnitine 1000mg, L-Tyrosine 500mg, Caffeine 300mg, Coleus Forskohlii 100mg, Rhodiola Rosea 150mg, Juglans Regia 80mg, Theacrine (as TeaCrine) 50mg, Capsimax Capsicum 50mg, ActiGin (Panax notoginseng and Rosa Roxburghii) 25mg, and Citrus Aurantium 30mg. Acetyl L-Carnitine is an amino acid being used for fat loss as it uses fat to get energy. L-Tyrosine is also an amino acid used to help with weight loss by helping keep you full. Caffeine increases energy. A healthy amount of caffeine intake is 400mg or 5-6 cups of regular coffee so this is within the fine daily intake. Coleus Forskohlii is a herb that helps boost testosterone, fat loss, and is also linked to high blood pressure. Rhodiola Rosea is a Chinese medicine to increase energy, weight loss, stress, and helps with focus. Jugland Regia can release dopamine and serotonin for stimulation and focus. Theacrine has the same effects for energy like coffee but does not increase blood pressure or heart rate. Capsimax Capsicum is to burn fat and increase metabolism. ActiGin is Panax notginseng and Rosa roxburghi. Panax notginseng is another Asian medicine that helps with blood circulation and physical growth. Rosa roxburghi is for antioxidants and mental focus. Citrus Aurantium or Synephrine is a stimulant that can help with weight loss and it increases metabolism.

This is a mixable morning thermogenic. I got the dark berry blend which I enjoyed and the taste was good. The instructions say to mix it with 8 ounces of water and one scoop before you have a morning meal. It says to drink it within 10 minutes once you mix. I was able to shake it and stir it without any problems. I would let it sit for a couple of minutes before I took a drink because I needed it to break down a bit and if you drink it right away it may not break down. The mixability was good. The dosage says to take one scoop in the morning before you start your day. I would highly recommend taking it in the morning instead of later in the day because I forgot to take it in the morning and it did keep me up a bit later that day. This was a good taste, mixability, and dosing.

For me, this is what I expected from a thermogenic. I take it in the morning which got me going and I was still able to drink coffee without getting jitters. I enjoy coffee in the morning, but while taking Reclaim, I didn't have as much coffee as I normally do. I usually start the day off with about 4 to 5 cups of coffee but with Reclaim, I would only have two or three. In the morning it did make me a little sweaty but nothing that was too unusual for a thermogenic. I did get jitters occasionally but nothing that I could not handle. I also got a morning push which is what I need sometimes in the morning. The thermogenic was effective and did what supposed to do. The tube says weight loss and I had a weight loss of 2.25 pounds. I wouldn't say that this product would help you lose weight, but this was a good amount for me in 30 days.

I had a tough time finding this product available online. I was able to find it at outbreak and on one other site for the same price. The price on this is $35 which works to a bit over a dollar a day. It does come with 30 servings. So, for a value, I would put it in the group of basic thermogenic out there. Cheaper than some other ones I have seen that did the same thing with the same amount. The value was good.

Side Effects

No real side effects noticed. As long as you know what you are getting into with the thermogenic which is jitters, sweating, and other things then you will be just fine. Other than that no real side effects noticed.

Conclusion

For anybody looking for a thermogenic with some energy, this is definitely one for you. Reclaim is a stimulant so you are going to get some jitters and other things. The thermogenic products out are pretty similar to this. The price is pretty much dead on. It did work for me and give me the energy that I needed for a whole day. I did like the fact that I only had to take it once in the morning and I do not have to take any more for the rest the day. I also liked having it in a mixer cup with water as opposed to taking a pill all day long. At a dollar a day, a good price. I would recommend this product to other people looking for a thermogenic. Outbreak makes good products and I will continue to try anything the outbreak makes.

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
    3.0
    Thanks to BN Labs for sending it out!
      November 22, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Protein Per Serving
    • No Soy
    • Organic Ingredients
    • Does Not Digest Well

Shout out to the people at BN Labs for a chance to try their protein. All I knew about being a vegan was no meat. I was hoping to find something that would taste well enough to help me forget about bacon but this was not it.

Ingredients are nothing that this protein mix is short of. The tube did show the ingredients in 1/2 or 1 scoops, so for this breakdown, I will list it as 1 scoops.

Protein: 27 grams
    Calories: 134
    Sugar: 0
    Cholorestrol: 0

Protein: 27 grams
    Calories: 134
    Sugar: 0
    Cholorestrol: 0

Good numbers. You can see that the protein amount is good and the other items are low compared to other protein mixes. Now, the interesting part, what is the protein blend? All the ingredients are natural and organic. The protein blend consists of vegan items like organic hemp seed, organic Spirulina powder, organic pea protein, and organic whole grain brown rice protein. Hemp seed is not weed and will not test positive for a background check. Differences exist between THC (weed) and other items found in the cannabis plant like hemp. With THC or marijuana eliminated from the cannabis, then you get different cannabis. Cannabis has shown many benefits such as relief from pain, more focus, and helps with the body healing and recovering. Hemp seed is also tied to weight loss, digestive benefits, and heart health. Spirulina powder is algae. Algae is high in protein and is found to have more protein than what is found in items like chicken and beef. Algae also have antioxidants. Pea protein is used as a substitute for dairy-like products. Pea protein helps with heart and kidneys. Whole grain brown rice has protein but does limit some of the amino acids found in the normal protein blend. Brown rice has some amino acids and high in natural vitamins. I enjoy rice but I am not a big fan of the brown rice and I usually go with a healthy white rice. This protein blend does not taste like rice. It also has organic cocoa, organic guar gum, natural flavors, organic coconut cream and organic stevia. This product is dairy free, 100% vegan, no GMO, soy free, gluten-free, and no artificial flavors. This is a healthy protein powder and helps many with any special diets or people looking for vegan items. This is a good protein blend with lots of beneficial items that give the body great alternatives to the common protein blends with dairy and meat based items. If you are on a strict diet for weight loss or you have allergies then this is a protein blend for you.

First, let us talk about dosing. It lists both half a scoop and one scoop. If you read the ingredients, the one scoop is where I want my protein shakes to get the amount of protein I am looking for. I usually do one scoop before a workout and another scoop after a workout. So, dosing wise pretty close to most other proteins shakes out there so a good ranking.

Second, mix-ability has I usually had problems. I had to use a lot of water or milk like products that are vegan to get the protein powder to mix. I would usually mix it with 12-16 ounces to get it where I like. No liquid item used seemed to make it easier to mix. At no point when I stirred did I ever get a good mix. You have to shake it pretty well to get a good mix and even then hard to mix. For mixability, I would give this a pretty low ranking.

Third, is the taste and I give it a bad ranking. At no point did I ever feel that the taste was good. I tried lots of liquids to improve the taste but was never able to get a good taste. No matter what liquid I used it would still leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. Even after taking it, for a few minutes to an hour I would get a nasty taste left in my mouth. Several times that I tried the protein shake I thought I was going to throw up. The smell was just as bad as the taste. I cannot say that this would happen for everybody, but this was me and I found it hard to take. I did try to mix it with some other normal proteins and was able to get a better taste but this defeats vegan protein. I always was left with my stomach feeling bad and was gassy. I was able to get it in the chocolate flavor but I never felt it had a chocolate taste to it.

As with other protein mixes, the effectiveness is difficult to break down since you are not going to get instant results. A good protein powder will help your body recover from a workout. This result was noticeable and the effect gives this protein a good rating since this vegan protein shake did do that. It had good ingredients and left me feeling refreshed after a workout. It was quick to have my body recover and it did not leave me feeling sore after workouts. Effectiveness, I would give it a good ranking. The vegan protein tub says it will help with digestive issues and it did keep me regular (which means I had normal and regular pooping).

This is an expensive product. I was able to find it online at $50 for a 2lb tub. Most protein powders can be found around $30-$40 for a 2lb tub. So this is a little high because it is $1.67 per serving when I am used to $1.00-$1.25 per serving. Because of all this, I would not give it a good value ranking.

Side Effects

I did have some stomach issues. Usually, after having a protein shake, I would have gas, nausea, and would need to go to the bathroom within an hour or 2. I have had some of the problems with other shakes, but this is worse than the rest.

Conclusion

The vegan protein has good ingredients and healthy. I do not have a problem with the ingredients. The problems I found was the bad taste and the side effects. I tried everything I could to make it taste better without adding other protein to it but was not able to. No matter what I mixed it with, always hard to consume. I cannot recommend this to anyone who is not used vegan products. Not bad ingredients, just bad taste. The problem I ran into with value ranking is knowing that this is something I would never buy even if I had the extra money. Because of the side effects and taste, I would give this product a low overall ranking.