Zsteinf

SR TROOPer

• Member was only active for 2 months, and was last online today
  • Moderate community participation
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Comments

*Rookie League

Votes Cast

Try Requests

TROOPer Level

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. Zsteinf will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 312 days.

Reviews by Zsteinf

August 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • None Found
Like the review title says, I'm 39 and I'm starting to feel myself going down instead of up. Everyone keeps telling me that I need a testosterone boost or shot. The shots were too expensive so I decided to try the pills. The cover of the tub states that it will boost testosterone as soon as 7 days! The question I have is, would this testosterone pill help me?

The first section the Anticatabolic Complex which consists of Rhodiola Extract at 386 mg and Ginkgo Extract at 2.7 mg. Rhodiola is a perennial flowering plant. It grows naturally in wild Arctic regions of Europe, Asia, and North America. Rhodiola a traditional Chinese medicine herb which is to promote physical/cognitive vitality. It claims to cut fatigue and exhaustion. Rhodiola is also neuroprotective (which affects the nerves) and has been known to help longevity. Ginkgo is a large tree with fan-shaped leaves. Ginkgo is found in Asia and grown in Europe and the United States. Ginko is one of the most used herbs because of it for memory disorders including Alzheimer's disease. Used for conditions that seem to cut blood flow in the brain, especially in older people. These conditions include memory loss, headache, ringing in the ears, vertigo, dizziness, difficulty concentrating, mood disturbances, and hearing disorders. Some people use it for other problems related to poor blood flow in the body, including leg pain when walking and Raynaud's syndrome (a painful response to cold, especially in the fingers and toes).

The second section is the Free (Active) Testosterone Stimulator which consists of Boron Citrate at 100 mg and Supplying 5mg Of Active Boron. Boron is a dietary mineral which is to increase testosterone when supplemented at doses higher than from food. Boron is found less in the food we consume due to the farmers growing different products that fail to use Boron. After a 10 day test done on subjects that were taking Boron, the scientists compared their subjects blood results to other subjects that were not taking Boron and found out that: free testosterone levels had increased by 28%, free estrogen levels had decreased by -39%, and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels rose by 10%.

Other than ginkgo, I question the ingredients. As most testosterone or boosters supplements, they usually contain questionable products from Asia. Little to no evidence to prove that these Asian herbs will produce what they claim to. As far as the ginkgo, it seems a good supplement and is easily found in pill form. I am not sure that the ginkgo is going to help with testosterone.

There's good amount of scientific evidence speaking for the health benefits of boron. The ability to increase testosterone levels in healthy human men. That is, why people recommend taking a boron testosterone supplement. A dose range that can increase testosterone levels (without becoming toxic) falls in between 3-25 mg/day. The question here is that this testosterone booster is at 100mg so, is this product becoming toxic? The boron only pills I found online are in the 3-25 mg. Boron is a good product but other options available that can help boost testosterone.

No taste as because of a pill. Instructions say to take 4 pills a day (2 in the morning and 2 at night). The tubs come with 30 servings (a serving was 2 pills) so it would last 15 days.

This is the problem part. At no time did I feel that the testosterone booster helped. I know that it takes a while for testosterone to change and despite what the logo says on the tub (as quick as 7 days to feel the boost) I tried it for a while. I was actively taking it as prescribed and I tried it for 2 months. After 2 months of taking it, I decided to stop because nothing was working. I have tried some different testosterone boosters since trying this one and most of them have at least given me a boost (not for sure if that was due to the caffeine in it or not). The only thing for me to try to help is trying the shot. I would not recommend this to have effectiveness.

The cost was $10 per tub and one tub would get you 15 days so you would spend $20 for a month supply. Testosterone pills or shots can get high (some I have found start at $100 for a month supply or shot). So, for the cost, cheap but if ineffective, a waste of money.

Side Effects
No side effects noticed.

Conclusion
I have recently had blood work done and the testosterone level is in the middle range of having enough and getting lower. I do feel that I need to have a boost in testosterone to keep my goals. Multiple micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) that give to testosterone synthesis, such as vitamins A, C, D, K2, zinc, magnesium, iodine, calcium, etcThese items are not found in the Six Star Testosterone Booster. The Six Star Testosterone Booster only has 1 ingredient (Boron) that seems to help with Testosterone Boost. The problem with the Boron in Six Star Testosterone is that is at such a high level, hurting more than helping. Boron is a proven product to help with testosterone increase, but a lot more options to help. The research I have seen a list of 5-10 ingredients that can help with testosterone boost but Six Star Testorenoe Boost only has one. A person can have a testosterone boost without "feeling" the boost. I would not recommend Six Star Testorenoe boost because I did not feel that it helping, especially with feeling younger, more energy, and sex drive. Find a testosterone boost that has more nutrients and more testosterone ingredients.

August 11, 2017

• Cheap
    Introduction:
    For years all I did was take protein shakes after a workout. Later I learned a bit more about amino acids, recovery, and creatine. I have now learned to add creatine to my workouts. Some people have said that creatine is a steroid, but they need to know the difference between the 2 things so I want to cover this creatine product and why it is not a steroid.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10
    The PrimaForce makes what they call a "Creaform" which is Creatine Monohydrate. The PrimaForce Creaform is a basic creatine monohydrate which consists of 5 grams of creatine monohydrate in one scoop. Creatine comes in different forms. Monohydrate can upset some stomachs so there are other options. Types of Creatine are Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, Tri-Creatine Malate, Buffered Creatine, Micronized Creatine, Liquid Creatine, and Conjugated. Later, I will discuss the monohydrate and why I prefer it. Creatine ethyl ester is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. The attachment of an ester is significant because esters are found in the fat tissue of animals. Tri-creatine malate is a compound made from creatine monohydrate and malic acid. The substance is so named because the compound is made from three creatine molecules attached to one molecule of malic acid. Buffered creatine is a patented product that combines creatine and magnesium. Micronized creatine causes your body to retain water in your skeletal muscles. This water retention will leave your muscles looking bigger and fuller, but may also leave you more susceptible to dehydration. Liquide Creatine does not require loading and has no water retention. Conjugated creatine is a creatine that is combined with something else. This combination can be anything from a protein to an amino acid or anything else a manufacturer wants to combine the creatine with.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
    The mixability is pretty normal. One scoop is 5 grams of creatine. No taste so I would usually add it to another mix (pre-workout, water mixes, protein powder, etc...). Mixability was also easy. Fine with any liquid I would use it with.

For the most part, the PrimaForce Creaform served its purpose of promoting lean mass, maximizes strength gains, and enhance recovery. I could not say that I had a huge gain in these 3 things, but do feel that creatine serves a purpose in weight lifting. The thing I want to focus on is the use of creatine monohydrate and why I prefer this form of creatine. Creatine is like the protein but is not a true protein and is known as a "non-protein" nitrogen. Creatine monohydrate is found in some food like meat and fish. When we lose creatine, energy can shut and our muscles are no longer able to produce force. Increased creatine in the muscle will increase performance. Creatine is a well-researched supplement. Creatine Monohydrate is the standard by which to compare, no form of creatine has shown more powerful or potent. Creatine Monohydrate is the cheapest of the other creatines and easier to find. With all this being said, I prefer the Creatine Monohydrate over the others. I could list all of them but that would be a class that would take some time.

I was able to get this at my local pharmacy. PrimaForce Creaform was $15 and contained 80 servings. This works out to about $.19 per scoop which is cheap compared to other supplements you may use. Creatine Monohydrate comes in many forms. It can come in pills or mix. Some creatine monohydrate is in protein some powders or pre-workouts. This price is pretty close to the other available options, but like I said, a cheap supplement.

Side Effects:
    None noticed

Conclusion: 9/10
    I have researched creatine monohydrate and found many ideas and views on what is best for this supplement. The main thing I found out is low scientific evidence to prove one way is better than another. All I can do is tell you what I did. Some people take it before, during, or after a workout while others take it anytime they can. I would take mine after my workout. I would mix it in with my protein shake so that the creatine would have a good taste. The ingredients say to take one scoop a day. I would use the creatine just once a day and only one scoop which was 5 grams. I will usually cycle off after about 3 months.

Now, I said this at the beginning and I want to take the time to point out that creatine is not a steroid. Creatine is naturally produced by the body and found in foods like meat and fish. If you consume too much creatine, side effects can occur, but as long as you take the right amount of creatine, you should not have side effects. Everybody is different and responds in different ways. The major difference between creatine and steroids is that steroids are a person made function that increases testosterone. Steroids have many side effects regardless of how much you consume. Testrone is naturally in the body but steroids change that which can cause an increase in muscle mass. Creatine is legal while steroids are not, so if steroids are illegal, then I would recommend not doing it. Creatine is a completely different structure compared to that of steroids so please do not put these two things together.

With all this being said, I found the PrimaForce Creaform is a good source of creatine. It mixed well and tasted fine when mixed with something other than just plain water. It did help my recovery and while taking it, I did feel that some muscle growth and I did find myself increase in weight lifting. This is a good product and is part of my everyday workouts. I do know that some reviewers that will have different ideas of what is right and what is wrong. I am not trying to start a debate, just letting you know how I used it. I am not saying my way is the only way. I am just letting you know what I have done.

August 4, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Low Price
    • Sports Performance
    • No A Pre-workout But An Ok Sports Drink
    • Prop Blends
    • Call It A Gatorade
    Introduction:
    I am a guy that always likes to try new stuff. I usually stick with the same protein powder, BCAA, and vitamin's but I will go through all kinds of pre-workouts. I know that pre-works can get pretty expensive so I like to find some that are effective and low cost. I found C4 Sport in a local store that usually has the only supplements I can find without making a 20-mile drive. I have used C4 a few times in the past, but I was not a "huge fan." I knew C4 was a well-known name and since I found some that were inexpensive, I thought I would give it a try. The biggest thing was I could get 30 servings for $20. I also assumed that since C4 made it, this is going to be like the C4 Ripped but I found that indeed a different product.

Ingredient Profile: 5/10

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (9.5 g)
    Servings per Container: 30
    Total Carbohydrates 1g
    Vitamin B6 35mcg
    Vitamin B12 35mcg
    Phosphorus 180 mg
    Magnesium 23 mcg
    Sodium 120 mg
    Potassium 180 mg

As usual, these vitamins can be found in most multi-vitamins. Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 play an important role in a range of physical and psychological functions. They are most known for helping to maintain a healthy metabolism, nerve function, liver function, skin health, and eye health. The body uses phosphorus to form strong bones, get oxygen to tissues, create energy, change protein, fat, and carbohydrate into energy, and move muscles. Magnesium is a mineral that's crucial to the body's function. Magnesium helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and the heart rhythm steady. Your body needs Sodium to work properly. It helps with the function of nerves and muscles. It also helps to keep the right balance of fluids in your body.
    Potassium is a mineral that is found in the foods you eat and an electrolyte. Electrolytes conduct electrical impulses throughout the body. They assist in a range of essential body functions, including blood pressure, normal water balance, and muscle contractions. Basically, these vitamins give you energy and electrolytes.

The C4 Sport has 2 additional Performance Blend and Energy blend. The C4 Sports Performance Blend contains Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Arginine AKG, DiSodium Phosphate, Magnesium Chloride, DiPotassium Phosphate. Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most popular supplements used by people looking to build lean muscle mass, maximize performance and increase strength. Beta-alanine is used for improving athletic performance and exercise capacity, building lean muscle mass, and improving physical functioning in the elderly. AAKG, also commonly known as Arginine AKG or arginine alpha ketoglutarate, contains the essential amino acid, and L-arginine to perform various important functions. Further, known to be a key player in protein synthesis. Disodium phosphate is a food additive that combines the phosphorus and sodium. Magnesium is important for the normal functioning of cells, nerves, muscles, bones, and the heart. This medication is a mineral supplement used to prevent and treat low amounts of magnesium in the blood. Magnesium is important for the normal functioning of cells, nerves, muscles, bones, and the heart. Disodium phosphate used to enhance food characteristics. Disodium phosphate is used in packaged foods, including macaroni and pasta, some cheeses, meat products, canned sauces, Jell-O, evaporated milk, and some chocolate. These ingredients together help produce contain products that can be found in some protein shakes. They also work with the vitamins in hopes of producing lean muscle mass and strength.

The C4 Sports Energy Blend contains Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Pridoxal-5-phosphate, Methylcobalamin. Taurine is an amino acid that I have heard some people say come from bull urine or bull semen, but the truth is this conditional amino acid, taurine, does not come from the bodily fluids of bulls. Natural taurine actually comes from meat, fish, and dairy and is otherwise found as synthetic supplements. Most abundant in the brain, eyes, heart, and muscles, and much like glycine, is considered a conditional amino acid as opposed to an essential amino. Anhydrous caffeine is simply dehydrated caffeine and anhydrous means "without water." Available in pill or tablet form, or as a soluble powder. Anhydrous caffeine is found in a number of non-prescription medications such as Vivarin and No-Doze. Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate, or P5P, is the active form of vitamin B6 (which was mentioned earlier). Methylcobalamin, also known as Methyl-B12, is a form of the common vitamin B12 (which was mention earlier). It differs from typical B12 in that it has an additional methyl group, and contains metal-alkyl bonds. Methylcobalamin is one of the two coenzyme forms of vitamin B12.

I give this a 5/10 because the ingredients seem a little off compared to most pre-workouts. I couldn't find anything in the ingredients that would give you more energy. Not that the ingredients are bad, but a lot of these ingredients can be found in a multivitamin or a protein shake (if you add some creatine to it).

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 7/10
    The taste was fine and similar to what I usually put in with a water mix. Nothing fancy. Mixability was ok. It did mix alright with water when shaken but always had a little bit of powder at the bottom. Usually had to add some more water to it so that I could get all the mix. Dosing was one scoop per day and contained 30 serving so it could get you buy for a month. It was blue raspberry and taste just like blue raspberry water mix-in.

This is where things failed to go the way I had hoped. At no time before pre-workout did I ever get more energy or pump. This is not a pre-workout and doesn't fit the in the same category of one. I do like to take an electrolyte amino acid during a workout and this was similar to what I was already taken during the workout. C4 Sport kept me hydrated and it was good to have something other than water. I gave it a 1/10 because it kept me hydrated, but as a pre-workout, 0/10.

I was able to find it at Walmart only, which for me is good because of nothing else close enough to get pre-workout. At $20 per container for 30 servings works out to $0.67 per serving. Price wise, pretty cheap. The problem is its failure to be considered a pre-workout. I know I called it a pre-workout earlier because it says to take it 30-45 minutes prior to workout, but the only real thing I can compare it to is Gatorade. I gave it a 1/10 because it was inexpensive, but it is no value since it fails to be a "pre-workout".

Side Effects:
    I did not notice any.

Conclusion: 3/10
    The only real thing I can say here is that the C4 Sport is not a pre-workout. If you are looking for a water mix-in, then this differently fits that group. If you are out on a run or in a workout and need hydration, then go for C4 Sport. Do not get filled by the product out there that says "consume 30-45 minutes prior to workout" because not always a pre-workout.

July 31, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Hydration Was Great
    • Note Expensive
    • But A Little High
    When a person starts to change their lives and try to be healthy, they learn a lot of things about what you need to do to be healthy. When I first started to workout, I just thought that all you needed to do was not eat fast food and exercise. As a young adult, you might get away with that. As a wiser adult, you learn more about your body and what you should do and not do. I wish when I was younger, I knew what I know now. I have now learned that health comes from more than just not eating fast food and exercise. Healthy living is proper eating, proper diet, and good exercise. When it comes to diet and exercise, a key thing is what you should do to help yourself. I have learned that amino acids, hydration, and recovery are important to the new life style. I found a nice priced recovery product called Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast and available in the health section at all Wal-Marts. Wal-Mart stuff is not always bad.

Total Carbohydrate 2 g
    Vitamin A 596 IU
    Chloride 513 mg
    Sodium 100 mg
    Potassium 45 mg

These are the first listed ingredients and are also found in the Hydration and Performance Blend. Calories and Carbs are low so this is a good mix for those on a lean diet. Vitamin A helps with bone growth, reproduction, immune system, and skin. Chloride is an electrolyte in the blood that keeps the cells in balance. Sodium, or salt, will help your body work properly so that your nerves and muscles function as it balances fluids in your body. Potassium, which can be found in bananas, is a mineral in foods. Potassium is not a natural mineral produced by the body so eating food with potassium will help your body and also gives you electrolyte. Taurine (which is part of the Hydration and Performance Blend) is an amino acid which will be a block of protein.

The second listed ingredients are the "BCAA/EAA Strength Complex" which is L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, L-Phenylalanine, DL-Methionine. All of these items are some form of amino acids. The first amino acids listed are the essential amino acids (EAA)Leucine is an essential amino acid that the body cannot produce so you can get it with meat, eggs, beans, etc... It can also help with weight, lean muscle, and cholesterol. Lysine is an essential amino acid that is linked to treating the herpes virus and recover from workouts. Threonine is an essential amino acid that helps with normal growth for protein balance in the body. Threonine is also used to treat some nervous disorders which include multiple sclerosis. Methionine is an essential amino acid that helps the body process and eliminates fat. Three branched-chain amino acids (BCAA) in the body, which are isoleucine, valine, and leucine. BCAA's help promotes muscle recovery after exercise. Isoleucine is actually broken down for energy within the muscle tissue. Valine promotes normal growth, repair tissues, regulate blood sugar, and provide the body with energy. Valine can also work with the central nervous system to help with proper mental functioning. Phenylalanine is an amino acid that has three forms: L-phenylalanine, D-phenylalanine, and DL-phenylalanine. Of these forms, only L-phenylalanine is an essential amino acid that is found in proteins. Phenylalanine can also help with Depression, ADHD, Parkinson's disease, Chronic pain, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, and Alcohol withdrawal.

The last listed ingredients are called "Muscle Recovery Matrix" which is L-Glutamine and L-Carnitine. Glutamine is an intestinal and immune system health compound that is linked to muscle building. Carnitine is a substance that helps the body turn fat into energy.

When reviewing a product, I usually look for something that I should be concerned with or something that might do more damage than help. In this situation, Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast is a good product. It has a lot of good ingredients and covers the BCAA's and good EAA. It has things to help replenish hydration without a lot of calories or carbs. The Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast is a good mix with the necessary ingredients.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
    The only flavor I was able to find was lemon lime. It seems that you can find any drink in lemon and lime. I am not a big fan of lemon and lime and I usually go with another flavor if available. This one, on the other hand, was good. It reminded me of Gatorade, but without the sugar. The instructions say to mix one scoop with 6-8 ounces of water or 2 scoops to 12-16 ounces of water. I would use the 2 scoops with about 20 ounces of water and I always received a good flavor. No grittiness or after taste. I would drink it as part of my workout as I need water anyway and this contained hydration, so a good one to use during a workout for me. All in all, good. The instructions list one scoop at 360 grams so 2 scoops would be 720.

When doing a review, I want to be able to tell you that I "lost so much weight" or "I had great muscle growth." I would like to write a big review with a bunch of highlights. This is one of those situations that it will not happen. That is, ok. The BCAA/EAA did seem to work and I do not like taking a lot of pills, so good to have a drink instead. For me, the real effectiveness came in the hydration. I am big on hydration and getting plenty of water. When you run or workout, water is important. I sweat a lot so I do drink a bit of water. I get tired sometimes of drinking just good old fashioned water. The Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast always kept me hydrated. I never felt like I was failing to get water. I did seem to have less sweat and that is always a positive because who likes to leave a sweaty bench. I like having flavors that I enjoy and the Lemon Lime was able to do that. Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast was effective but no real way to say "the most effective mix I have ever had." As far as muscle recovery, it did it's job and nothing seemed to go wrong here. No real downfalls or side effects.

A product found at Wal-Mart can be priced well and was priced at $17 for .79 pounds with 30 servings. This works out to about $0.57 per scoop which is lower than what I find on other amino drink products that range from $.55 to $1.00 per scoop. The only catch to this is how many scoops you use. I would use 2 scoops so that would have me buying two containers per month to get me through one month without having to go back and buy more. Be sure to check any of these amino mixes because they may need more than one scoop too. Either way, I found the price to be reasonable but not always the cheapest.

Side Effects
    No side effects noticed.

Conclusion: 9/10
    I have enjoyed using the Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast. The ingredients and taste were good. I live in a town where few places are available to go to get supplements. I do try what is available in my town and I get some hits and some misses. Compared to some of the other Amino mixes, this one did give me hydration. Body Fortress Super Advanced Amino Blast was not loaded with energy but it did help with recovery. I liked the way it helped during workouts and it always left me feeling like I was getting hydrated. The only bad thing I found was that the value could be a little better. If I only used one scoop, then the value was great but I was using 2 scoops per day so that did bring the value down a little. I would like to buy just one contained to get me through the month but I would need to buy 2. The value was still good, just failed to be a 10. I did have muscle recovery and was not sore the next day. I would recommend this in the future and I will continue to use it.

July 31, 2017

• Decent At 2 Scoops
    • Underdosed At 1 Scoop
    • 30 Servings Are Closer To 15 Or 20
    As a 39-year-old individual, your age impacts your workouts and runs (unless you are Tom Brady who is turning 40 soon). I had come to the realization that as I get older, I needed to find ways to improve my workouts and runs. I have seen the Cellucor C4 Ripped at Academy, but I first hesitated since it seemed a little pricey. After seeing what all was available at Academy, and learning that C4 ripped was currently on sale, I decided to give it a try. I noticed the C4 Ripped for some time and thought that since the price was a little high, probably a good purchase. But, the old saying "you get what you pay for" is not always true.

Ingredient Profile: 7/10
    The first part of the ingredients lists vitamins. Vitamin C 250 mg, Niacin 30 mg, Vitamin B6 500 mcg, Folic Acid 250 mcg, Vitamin B12 35 mcg, and Calcium 28 mg. The vitamins can be found in almost every multi vitamin but they are all in different milligrams so this is not a substitute for a multi vitamin. These specific vitamins will give you energy and metabolism that will convert proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into fuel. Calcium is also linked to bone strength. Vitamins are part of a healthy diet. They assist with the immune system, metabolism, energy, growth, and enzymes for body function. Without vitamins, you would not be able to function.

The second part lists some amino acids. CarnoSyn Beta Alanine 1.6g and Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate 1g. CarnoSyn Beta Alanine is an amino acid that can be found in the liver. You will also find it in a lot of pre-workouts and supplements. This amino acid leads to assist with muscle fatigue. Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate or AAKG is important for metabolism of some amino acids and helps with energy. AAKG is also used by surgeons while performing heart surgeries that ensures no blood delivery issues during the surgery.

The third section is the specific "C4 Ripped Blend 1g" which consists of L-Carnitine Tartrate, Green Coffee bean extract, Capsimax Cayenne fruit extract, Coleus forskohlii root extract. L-Carnitine Tartrate is for energy that is used in sports and fat loss. Carnitine has also been linked to heart patients. Green Coffee Bean Extract comes from Coffee Beans. Coffee Beans are one of the most popular weight loss supplements because of the energy and metabolism burst. Capsimax Cayenne Capsicum which comes from red pepper or chili pepper as an herb. This herb is also used in medicine for to help patients problems with digestion, upset stomach, gas, stomach pain, diarrhea, and cramps. It may reduce joint, low back, and muscle pains, help headaches, weight loss and help athletes. Coleus forskohlii Forskolin is found in the plant. This is another item that has been used for centuries for blood pressure, chest pain, and asthma.

The last section is "Explosive Energy Blend 371mg" that is made of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg, and Velvet Bean seed extract. N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is known to have different abilities like brain function, muscle support, and recovery. Caffeine Anhydrous is what it says, caffeine. The difference that this has over caffeine is this caffeine does not contain any water. The velvet bean extract is a long used plant extract from plants that can be found in India (actually saw some while on a mission trip in India). The plant extract is used to boost mood and help concentration. It has also been linked to sex drive, lean muscle mass, and weight loss.

All in all, not a bad combination of ingredients. Every company makes a pre-workout that is a little different. They all contain some change in a number of ingredients and the amount of each ingredient. Only 2 ingredients make me wonder. The first is Capsimax Cayenne which is used in medicine to help people stomach issues which include cramps and diarrhea. The second was Coleus forskohlii that has been used for blood pressure, chest pain and asthma. Why would the C4 Ripped mix contain these items that have been linked to treating bad side effects? These side effects are not as bad as some side effects seen on commercials for doctor scripts that treat depression, brain issues, and pain problems. On a positive note, some ingredients are tied to sex drive!

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
    I tried the raspberry lemonade, which is my favorite flavor. When it comes to drinking mixes of raspberry lemonade, you sometimes get a bitter lemonade or little taste of raspberry at all. This one was definitely a good flavor of raspberry lemonade. The instructions call for 6 fluid ounces of water, but I usually use 8 since that is usually the amount of water I have ready to mix with. Regardless of 6 or 8 ounces, the flavor was always good. The C4 Ripped mixed well when stirring, but as usual, always better when shaken. There are 2 other choices which are cherry limeade and fruit punch.

This is where things get a little off. The instructions say to start off taking mix 30-45 minutes prior to work out with 1 scoop and after getting used to the 1 scoop, you may go up to 2 scoops. At 1 scoop, I had a small boost that quickly went away. At 2 scoops, I got tingly and felt a little dizzy. The best was 1.5 scoops. I would take the 1.5 scoop about 30-45 minutes before a normal workout day of less than 1 hour. On days that I had a workout longer than an hour, I would take it right before my workout to give the energy needed to get through a long workout. That may seem pretty easy to figure out, just take 1.5 scoops when needed. As time went on, 1.5 scoops started to wear down, but I wanted to avoid taking 2 scoops. The problem for me is that in 2014, I had a brain hemorrhage.

My hemorrhage happened in the gym, where I had taken a pre-workout prior to the workout. The hemorrhage was something other than the pre-workout. I had a pre-existing known as an AVM and it had caused my head to bleed and was putting pressure on my brain. I passed out at the gym and was in a coma for 4 days. As you may be able to tell, regardless of why the hemorrhage, I am a little afraid of using a pre-workout. When it comes to a pre-workout, I do my research. I want to avoid anything that may cause a side effect that could impact my now delicate system. I do take a lot of medications now that stop me from having seizures and help control the brain pain that I deal with daily. Ever since the surgery, I have had a headache every single day. I know some people say that and it means they have a few headaches a week. I have had a headache every single day for over 2.5 years. I just need to be careful of what I put into my body. I can handle caffeine without problems. I just need to keep caffeine low to avoid the headaches getting worse. The thing that bothers me is the Coleus forskohlii.

The Coleus forskohlii research shows that it has been used for blood pressure, chest pain and asthma. If this is true, should I be using a product that may cause blood pressure, chest pain, and asthma? I lack problems with this side effects, but you can understand why I worry about this. When taking C4 Ripped, I did not notice any of those side effects regardless of 1 or 2 scoops. The only side effects I noticed was aggressive tingles after using 2 scoops. A slight tingle at 1.5 scoops was noticed, but this tingle is a good feeling like after a good cup of coffee. I first wanted to stop taking pre-workouts because most of them have some sort of side effects, but I soon realized not as worse as what most prescribed medical medications might have. I am just a little more careful about these things.

So, as far as it goes with effectiveness, I found C4 ripped to be effective at 1.5 scoops but after a few weeks, I noticed a decrease in energy.

At first glance, the cost of one container is around $40. The catch on this one is how much is it per serving. 30 servings in one container which workouts to $1.33 per serving. The problem is that I would take 1.5 scoops per workout so the servings then go down to 20 servings. This now takes it down to $2 per serving. I have found other pre-works that I like at about $20 - $30 for 30 servings and it provides me the energy I need with one serving. This works out to $0.67 - $1 per serving. Overall, a small difference in price per serving, but this can add over time.

Side Effects: 9/10
    No real side effects noticed other than the tingle I would get after using 2 scoops.

Conclusion 6/10
    The C4 Ripped is an ok product. I did get some energy but it eventually wore down. The ingredients were not bad and contained ingredients that can be found in other pre-workouts. The 30 servings are more like 20-15 because you might need more than 1 scoop to get the boost you need. If you workout 5 times per week, you won't make it a month before you need another C4 Ripped. If you can get it on sale, you might want to try it to just see what happens.

July 25, 2017

• Taste Was Really Bad
    Overview: When I first started working out, I would usually have an energy drink that was available at most gasoline stations. I quickly learned that most energy drinks that were sold at gasoline stations were so bad, plus I wanted something to increase metabolism. At this point, I made a switch and found thermogenic where maybe what I needed. My main goal was to get some more energy and help me loose some weight. I was overweight and knew that I needed something to help with that. I have seen so many commercials about weight loss pills, which I have tried in the past with little help, so I wanted something different than pills. I decided I would take my chance on Body Fortress Super Advanced Shred Igniter, which claims to be a thermogenic stimulator blend. The advertisement on the cover said it helped with weight loss. I wanted to lose a lot of weight as I was at 230 pounds with a high amount of body fat so I was looking to lose about 10 pounds per month. Unaware of what a thermogenic was and what they did, but I decided to give it a try. Now, I know more about so let us take a look at what exactly is in Body Fortress Super Advanced Shred Igniter and what are thermogenic.

Ingredients: 8/10

Calories: 25
    Carbs: 6 grams
    Sugar: 2 grams
    Sodium: 10 mg
    Vitamin A: 38IU

There is Sodium, Sugar, and Vitamin A. Sodium is basically salt and it regulates in the body by your kidneys, and it helps control your body's fluid balance. It also helps send nerve impulses and affects muscle function. Sodium is also used for flavor. The sugar is flavor control. Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin that is also a powerful antioxidant. Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision, neurological function. Body Fortress Shred-Abolic Igniter then breaks it done into 3 categories: Anabolic Strenth Blend, Thermogenic Ignition Blend, and Metabolic Support Blend.

They have what is called an Anabolic Strength Blend which is made of L-Leucine 2 grams and L-Carnitine 750 mg. Leucine which is an amino acid that helps with fatigue, recovery, reduce soreness and improve the use of fat for energy. This is one of the key ingredients to go with the potential of muscle mass growth. Carnitine is an ammonium that can help with energy metabolism.

Next, is Thermogenic Ignition Blend which consists of 600mg which breaks into Green Tea Extract 250 mg, L-Tyrosine 250 mg, and Caffeine 100 mg. Tyrosine is an amino acid that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine where both of these can be used to help an individual with stress, brain, and body. Green tea Extract and Caffeine are both used to help your production of noradrenaline or to give you a spike in energy. Both Green Tea and Caffeine have been linked to fat burner, but may fail to result as a fat burner just for using these items.

And the last one on the list is Metabolic Support Blend which is Naringin 300 mg, Extract fruit and Citrus. The Naringin is similar to grapefruit and is because bitterness found in the powder. Grapefruit was part of the big diets in the 80's and 90's because the naringin is in grapefruit that could help with weight loss. Extract fruit and citrus are used for flavor.

The big question that gets asked is "what is thermogenic"? Thermogenic is a way to produce heat through metabolic stimulation for the body to get "hot" in hopes of losing fat. The ingredients of Body Fortress Shred Inginter can be found in other thermogenic, fat loss pills, and pre-workouts, but every company does a few things different. The key ingredients found in the Body Fortress Super Advanced Sherd Igniter is the thermogenic mix which made of Caffeine and Tyrosine.

One of the differences about Body Fortress Super Advanced Shred Igniter and other thermogenic is the grapefruit and its taste. Most companies avoid using much grapefruit these days because the taste is so bad. The second thing that sticks out to me is the amount of Green Tea which people think may be high in caffeine. You can get green tea extract pills and they can be in any amount but I usually find them in 250 mg or 500 mg. If you see the 250 mg or 500 mg, you think that is a lot, but lower than you might think. Research has been done to show that 250 mg of green tea extract is about 10 mg of caffeine. So, the Body Fortress Super Advanced Shred Igniter caffeine ingredients are about the size of an 8-10 ounce cup of coffee. A lot of companies use these two ingredients because they are believed to help with weight loss and they give people "a jittery feeling" which helps the people to feel that the product is working. The main ingredient for Body Fortress Shred Igniter is thermogenic which resort to a jittery and high-temperature feeling.

The amino acids in this container are easy to find in many protein shakes or BCAA pills. The naringin is there for a boost similar to coffee that is found in grapefruit. The last few items on the list are just for flavor.

Taste and Mixability: 1/10
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Shred Igniter was low to nothing in both taste and mixability. The mix was chunky and looked like it had some dirt or small rocks in it. The mix was bad with water or anything else because it never seemed to break down. I stirred and tried to shake, but it still failed to mix. The product was available in only one flavor and was listed as Citrus Punch. This mix tasted like I was chewing on a grapefruit part. The product was always chunky and hard to drink with a nasty grapefruit taste regardless if I used more water (which was 8-12 with one scoop) to help try to minimize the taste.

If you are just wanting to get an energy boost, then this was effective in giving me the results I was looking for in energy. The label called for one scoop on day one and increase to two scoops the following day. On the first day, I took one scoop with 12 ounces of water prior to workout which did give me the boost I was looking for. I did have more energy when I used it to start my day off or before workouts. I wanted to try this before workouts as I was avoiding the pre-workouts because you might get the jitters during the workout. The label said nothing about being a pre-workout, I just wanted the boost to keep going during the workout and some energy after the workout for the rest of the day. I increased to two scoops in a few days. To start the mix off, I would only take it at the beginning of the workout. Later on, I would take one in the middle of a workout and it would give me enough energy if I were doing a long workout that day. When I started taking two scoops, I tried the two scoops prior to the first workout because the label did say to start taking two scoops once you got used to the one scoop. The two scoop mix did give me a high that would come from too much caffeine so I avoided the use of two scoops at one time. I did start doing one scoop in the morning (if I missed my drink coffee) and one scoop for workouts because I did avoid two scoops for pre-workout because I avoid the extra hike up from caffeine while working out.

Goal one was to get some energy to help me get through the day. The Body Fortress Shred Ignitor was able to give the enough energy to help me get through the day that I was looking for. Goal two was to help with weight loss. The Body Fortress Shred Ignitor also helped me lose weight. I did lose 5 pounds, which was a little lower than I wanted but it did give me what I was looking for and I then knew that thermogenic was a good tool to use. Overall, the Body Fortress Shred Ignitor did what I was wanted so I would say the product was pretty effective.

The Body Fortress Shred Igniter was priced well at $15 for a.66 pound container. Compared to other energy boosters or pre-workouts, this one is fairly priced. I found it easy to find which is the local Walmart in my small town. For the money, a reasonable product.

Side Effects:
    No real side effects to the body as long as only one scoop was used but did leave my mouth feeling worse than before.

Conclusion: 7/10
    This was an item I started using to get a boost of energy that I wanted for workouts or starting the morning. The Body Fortress Shred Igniter was easy to find and cheap when compared to other thermogenic. Walmart is limited on options since I live in a small town and most supplements appear to be Walmart specific. The taste of this was bad all the time and regardless of how you mixed it or how much water you used, ALWAYS bad as far as it goes with taste and left my mouth feeling nasty. As far it goes with results, I found this to be productive. I always felt better after consuming it and did get the boost I was looking for in the morning or into the workout. So, production wise, a good thermogenic that was worth the money. Due to taste, please avoid this as the taste was awful. Due to other options available, you can still get your boost from something else with much better taste.

July 24, 2017

• Tastes Great
    • Good Price For Protein Powder
      Overview: What is a person to do when they know a little about protein powder but knew that protein was important to training? This was a question I was facing when I started to workout. I was lifting and knew that I needed a protein powder tool to help me achieve my goals. I wanted to know what protein powder was and what it would accomplish. I was pretty sore for a few days after a workout and felt I was lagging in muscle mass. I did know that protein powder would help my muscle recover faster. Protein powder would fail to be a guarantee for muscle mass growth, but a possibility. I was looking for a good isolate protein powder that is easy to buy and in the middle price range between the cheap and expensive, and I figured that Six Star Whey Isolate protein could be the protein powder to use. I had seen Six Star Whey Isolate Protein with an advertisement of professional athletes and the purpose was in order to just sell their product and it caused me to doubt its ability. The core things I look for in protein powder was taste, mixability, effectiveness, ingredients, side effects, and will it help me to reach my goals. When trying to find a quality protein powder you may wind up in a store like GNC where they may try to talk people into buying other products along with the protein mixes which I try to avoid. I wanted to find a protein product that was easily located and a good price point because let us be up front, we should avoid paying for more and more expensive stuff that provide the same results as other less expensive product. Six Star Whey Protein Isolate may be this protein powder that fits that criteria. Six Star Whey Protein Isolate is a MuscleTech product that is easy to find in most Walmarts and Walgreens. Listed as a low calorie, sugar, carb, and fat protein powder that fits the goals I was looking for. In this review, will break down the ingredients and see if it will help me hit the goal targets.

Ingredients: 9/10

Calories: 130
      Sugar: 1 grams
      Carbs: 2 grams
      Fat: 0.5 grams
      Protein in mix: 30 grams

The ingredients are a Protein Isolate Plus Blend which is 97% Whey Isolate Protein mixed with protein isolate peptides that come from a 100% pure protein. The protein isolate peptides are small proteins that have been linked to burning fat, building muscle, and improving performance. It also includes some amino acids which are Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, and Glutamine that are not included in the 30-gram scoop. Leucine, Isoleucine, and Isoleucine increase endurance and heals/repair muscle tissue. Glutamine helps muscle recovery.

Altogether, pretty good blend. It contains a high amount of protein isolate blend with a low amount of carbs, fat, and sugar. Compared to other protein powders, it has a low amount of calories. The macros are effective but are not included in every scoop so you may need to include some BCAA pills or mixes. The peptides are a good addition for me because I am looking to lose weight with its link to help with burning fat. At the bottom of the ingredients, it does state that this product includes milk, soy, and wheat ingredients so not a powder for those who are lactose intolerant or glutamine issues.

Taste and Mixability: 9/10

The Six Star Whey Isolate protein powder did mix well with water and milk like products. As most protein powders, it would stir together ok but would mix better if shaken. Six Star Whey Isolate was available in two flavors at local Walmart and Walgreens (chocolate and vanilla) and both flavors did taste well. Taste and mixability all ranked high. Other proteins, regardless of price, may have bad mixability and taste so stick with one that works.

Six Star Whey Isolate did give the protein and ingredients needed to reach my goals. When looking for the right powder, specifically I look for 2 different things; will this protein have the muscle recovery needed and is Whey Isolate Protein a good choice to reach goals.

1: I need something to help with muscle recovery (which may lead to more muscle mass) and be able to lose weight. While taking Six Star Whey Isolate protein, the results showed muscle recovery but since the amino acids were not guaranteed in every scope, I did take a BCAA pill. While on a one month period of a diet (with cheat days because be real, all have them from time to time) that was 1900 calories, 150-180 grams of protein per day (which was about 70-90 grams of protein powder) and lower amounts of carbs, sugar, and fat. With those things and using a tool, like Six Star Whey Isolate Protein, I was able to have weight loss and muscle recovery. At the end of the month, muscles did recover well and weight loss did occur. Six Star Whey Isolate, along with diet and exercise, helped me to cut weight with the loss of 7.5 pounds after the one month trial. Again, be honest, Six Star Whey Isolate protein was a helpful tool, but the only way to try weight loss is being on a good diet that is tailored to goals and exercises.

2: Six Star Whey Isolate is a protein whey isolate versus a whey protein blend. I prefer protein isolate to a whey protein blend because the amount of protein in an isolate is around 90% and whey blend is around 80% on protein content. Since Protein Isolate is higher in protein, it will give an Isolate Protein powder a mix with lower fat, cholesterol, and lactose. I also wanted Six Star Whey Isolate because I found it to be lower in carbs, sugar, and calories than some of the other whey blend so if needing to keep calories, carbs, and fat low, then Six Star Whey Isolate may be the way to go. So, when tracking everything eaten, always keep track of product that is lower in fat, carbs, sugar, and calories.

Six Star Whey Isolate is usually around $20 for a 1.5lb container which works out to about $13 per pound. Protein Isolate does run a little bit more in price (can usually run about $2-$4 per pound) but is still easy to find at local stores. The cost and ease may be the key thing people are looking for in protein powders. One of the cheapest protein powders found was about $18-$20 for a 2 lb container or $9-$10 per pound. Some other protein powders in the 2 lb range, can get a little higher ($15-$20 per pound) in cost depending on brand, sales store, and ingredients. As far as price, this product is definitely a go to protein since it is in the middle of sale price but include some key ingredients you may want. The budget can be tight so when wanting supplements to go with a workout, money can be a determining factor. So, avoid the expensive brands and get something that helps hit the goals.

Side Effects: No real side effects happened during use.

Conclusion: 9/10

This was a product that I was using on in my in weight lifting and cardio workouts. Since Six Star Whey Isolate protein is a middle priced protein powder and is easy to find makes this protein the perfect fit for me. Six Star Whey Isolate Protein was worth a try and provide to be a good protein powder. The mix is also low in sugar, high protein, low-fat and low carbs that had a peptides protein blend which made this product a great choice since I was able to lose weight and gain some muscle mass. I was only able to find 2 flavors (chocolate and vanilla) and both were excellent in taste and mixability. The only reason I started with Six Star Whey Isolate was that it's fairly priced and available at my local store, but Six Star Whey Isolate Protein was worth more than just that. Six Star Whey Isolate Protein is an excellent product that was worth the money paid and the is now a go to a protein that will be used often.

3.0
        July 14, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Readily Available At Wm
      • Great Amount Of Protein
      • Easy To Find At Wal-Mart
      • Bloating
      • Gritty
      • Hard To Mix Regardless Of Milk Or Water
      • Tastes Pretty Bad
      Overview: The current life of an active person is individuals trying to increase muscle mass and lose weight. A healthy way to evolve is in weight lifting to increase a more lean body. Some people have struggled with weight all their adult life and all want to change their life for the better. With the focus on the right things, short-term health or fast results are failed items in the past. With that being said, protein powder can be brought into the workout. Unaware of protein and what's its purpose is, it could raise problems. If learned how to use it correctly, it can help achieve lean, good muscle. Some people purchase protein that is cheap, easy to get, and with good flavors. For this review, Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein will be examined. Some people assumed, regardless of price and ingredients that all protein was this way and just kept taking protein powder that would keep from accomplishing the goals that were set. This product was used for about 6 months before looking into other protein options. What stood out here during the 6 months of use, was putting on weight. With monitoring a good diet, there can be struggles to understand the weight gain. Upon research about protein and its purpose, the results showed weight loss should occur instead of weight gain with the proper diet that includes protein. The purpose of this review is to help people know what product they should be using and what could be keeping them from getting the results they are looking for. Hopefully, this will save people some time and money.

Ingredients: 5/10
      The Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein cover shows "60 grams of protein," but what it failed to mention is the 60 grams of protein is in a 2 scoop mix. For the review of these ingredients, only the use of 1 scoop mix per shake will be demonstrated. If a 2 scoop mix is used in one shake, then double the ingredients listed below.

Calories: 200
      Sugar: 4 grams
      Carbs: 8 grams
      Protein in the mix: 30 grams
      The Protein Blend contained in this powder is whey protein concentrate and whey isolate protein. The outside label does show 12 grams of BCAA, which it lists on the back of it, to show all the BCAA ingredients in this product. The ingredient is a mixed "Whey Protein Blend" which includes what Body Fortress call a "Super Recover Blend" which is listed at 4.5 grams. The Recover Blend is added to the shake which has 1.5 grams of creatine and 1 gram of glutamine. It does contain some sugar, milk, and soy.

The big thing noticed here is the ingredients themselves that can cause problems which are high-calorie count, sugar, and carbs that are lower in other protein powders. If on a strict diet, the ingredients in Body Fortress Whey Protein make a big difference. If losing weight is the goal, a protein that is low in sugar, calories, and carbs should help with things like weight loss. While the difference in Body Fortress is a bit higher than other protein blends, those differences will have a big impact on weight loss goals, especially if a lot of scoops of Body Fortress Whey Protein is being consumed. If many scoops of Body Fortress Whey Protein is used, then the calories, sugar, and carbs can add into diet areas trying to be controlled. In other available protein blend products, a protein powder can have 130 calories, 1 gram of sugar, and 2 grams of carbs. If the math of a typical day on certain diet plans includes 3-4 scoops of protein powder per day, a difference can be seen. With that being said, look at the math below:

Body Fortress Super Advance Whey Protein with 4 scoops per day

Difference 5 days of shakes
      Calories: 260 Calories: 1300
      Sugar: 12 Sugar: 60
      Carbs: 28 Carbs: 140

Know consuming this much in 5 days, it adds up fast. If a strict diet is being done, 5 days of Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein could add to be one day of total food consumed. The increase in these four ingredients would be close to a day of candy and pop. Read the ingredients and know the differences between protein powders being put in a body. The problem that existed in this diet plan was the intake of too many calories, sugar, and carbs. While using on the Body Fortress Super Advance Whey Protein remember who get's the blame diet and consumption lay on the one who is eating food.

Taste and Mixability: 5/10
      The protein was unable to mix well. As most protein powders, shaking is always the best way. A mistake was made when the powder was in first before liquid which can cause problems getting it to become a shake. Chunky shake still continued, even when putting liquid in first. Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein was available in many flavors and they all were used. Regardless of the flavor and mixability, a chunky and hard to drink shake was made.

The failed results are more than the fault of Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein which purpose is to present the protein powder. The protein was used for about 6 months and an increase in weight happened. As more information became available, the diet and what is in the protein ingredients (as mentioned earlier), the Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein was free of some blame for weight gain as looking at other protein powders is important. If the right diet plan is done with using Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein, weight loss can happen. It needs to be understood that weight loss and muscle gain comes down to personal fitness and consuming Protein can help in muscle recovery. Protein is just a tool to accomplish goals with things like weight loss and muscle growth. When a workout plan has weight lifting involved, the muscles will need to be repaired after a workout and have a recovery. This is where protein powder and other supplements come into play. If protein powder is taken after a workout, along with other things like BCAA, people can get a lean body with muscle growth. If protein and supplements where the most important thing, then people would just take these things only and never workout. With that being said, the effectiveness of Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein in this diet plan and workout schedule failed. Please understand again, the fault of Body Fortress Advance Whey Protein can be on the person, this was just something that was used for a 6 month period and the results failed to occur. When other more appropriate protein powders were used to go along with the diet plan, after using Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein, weight loss did start occurring, so effectiveness is ranked low because of the change in the protein.

This protein powder was cheap when compared to other available protein powders on the market. Body Fortress products are easy to find at any Wal-Mar. At $17 for a 2-pound container is a lot cheaper than the average protein powders available. The Body Fortress Whey Protein mix is at $8.5 per pound and under the $15-20 per pound powders that was being sold. So, money wise, the Body Fortress Whey Protein is A LOT cheaper than a lot of available proteins on the market. If looking for an inexperience protein, then this is definitely the one to buy. If a diet plan that involves protein powder, is used with Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein adjustments made, this is absolutely the best value on the market.

Side Effects:
      Unfortunately, weight gain can happen. Some other things noticed after having a shake where stomach feeling funny and a little more gas.

Conclusion: 5/10
      This was a product being used early on in weight lifting. With knowing ingredient and how to use protein efficiently, this can be a great powder for anyone. When beginning use accord, some thought was assumed that all protein mixes were like this one, but after some time and talking with experienced protein consumers, many other options were available to choose from that would go along with the workout and diet plan being used. This item was easy to find and cheaper when compared to other protein products. Wal-Mart (which can be the only option for protein powders in a small town) usually is limited with what it carries. The options for most muscle-building products in Wal-Mart seems to be Wal-Mart specific. As far as it goes with taste and mix-ability, it could result in being unsatisfied. The shake was lacking smooth or creamy taste. Body Fortress Whey Protein is a good product for anyone who is looking for something inexpensive, and want a powder that has good core ingredients. Again, the core ingredients are good (protein blend, BCAA's added, creatine available, etc...) but the high calorie, sugar, and carbs can cause problems.

July 13, 2017

• Keeps You Full
      • Good Flavor And Easy To Mix
      • Good In The Middle Protein Powder
      • No Problems
      • No Problems I Found
      Overview: I am always looking for new and different things to help with my fitness. I wanted to find a good protein powder but due to the small town I live in, I was having a hard time finding a local protein mix that was easy to buy and one that wouldn't break the bank. I had tried some cheaper products at my local Walmart, but it wasn't giving me the results I was looking for. I have also tried expensive proteins before that I would order online because if I bought them at a local store like GNC, they would always try to talk me into buying other products. I wanted to find a half-priced protein powder that gave me the results I was looking for and that is easy to buy.

Ingredients (per scope provided): 10/10
      Calories: 150
      Sugar: 2 grams
      Carbs: 8 grams
      Protein in mix: 26 grams
      Fat: 1.5 grams
      Made of: Protein Blend of quality milk proteins which contain Whey Protein Concentrate, Protein Isolate (which is 97%), and Casein. It also includes some sugar, milk, and soy.
      Price: Phase8 is usually between $24-$26 for a 2lb jar which is $12-$14 per pound.

The cheaper brands provided at shops like Walmart usually run around $18 per 2lb containers but read the ingredients. If you are not paying attention to the ingredients you may be getting a product that is high in soy, sugar, calories, fat, and carbs. The Phase8 has low ingredients in the things I'm looking for, which are carbs, sugar, fat, protein blend, and calories. I have found proteins that have a lower carb count than the Phase8, but I didn't see much of a change in my weight while using this powder.

Taste and Mix-ability: 9/10
      The Phase8 powder did mix very-well with water and was very creamy when mixed with milk or milk-like products. Some protein powders do not stir together effectively but would mix better if shaken and this was the case with the Phase8. It was available in many flavors and all the flavors I tried did taste well. Taste and mix-ability all ranked high. Most of the protein products I used in the lower price point, did not mix or taste as good as the Phase8.

I felt like Phase8 gave me the protein I needed. I was specifically looking for 3 different things.

One- I was looking for something that would keep me full because some other shakes would leave me feeling hungry within 1-2 hours after drinking the shake. The Phase8 was good in keeping me full for typically about 4-6 hours. In my opinion, Phase8 label makes it look like it would keep you full for up to 8 hours but, it says it will give you up to 8 hours of amino acid delivery. The amino acid delivery for 8 hours is a good thing, it was just something I didn't notice for a while.

Two- I wanted something to increase muscle recovery after a workout which potentially results in muscle mass so, going with a protein shake was a way to accomplish this. The Phase8 label says it gives amino acid delivery for up to 8 hours and that is a key ingredient needed for recovery so it should be taken following a workout or anything you are doing that burns energy. Amino acid delivery has been found effective in senior adults that don't want to lose muscle mass with aging. I also was looking for something to go along with weight loss. When I was looking to cut weight while still keeping current muscle mass, this protein delivered.

Three- Phase8 is mainly a protein whey isolate versus a whey protein blend and this Phase8 was 97% isolate. The reason I prefer an isolate versus a protein blend is because the amount of protein available in isolate is around 90% and whey blend is around 80% which gives it a lower carb, sugar, fat, and calorie count than the whey blend, plus the isolate is easier to mix then the whey blend.

This protein mix was cheaper when compared to other available protein mixes and easy to find at any Walmart or local shopping stores. I did find the product online. Like I said earlier, there was cheaper product available at the store that was around $18 for a 2lb jar, but Phase8 was not much further behind at $24-$28. The more well-known brands, such as optimum nutrition and muscle milk, usually run from $27 to $30 per 2lb jars. The Phase8 was a good in-between protein that would run from $22-$24 per 2lb. For the money, I considered Phase8 a great product as it delivers on good ingredients, feeling full longer, and nice flavor options.

Side Effects: No real side effects that I noticed.

Conclusion: 9/10
      This was a protein powder I started using in place of cheaper protein mixes and avoiding expensive protein powders. The low sugar, fat, calories and carbs with a high protein count is a product well worth trying. I did try all the powders available and found all of them fine. I always felt better and did get the boost I was looking for pre and post workout. So production wise, it was a very good protein mix that was worth the money. I would consider some of the other MuscleTech protein products (this company makes the Phase8 products) that are available.