Zsteinf

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today

Reviews by Zsteinf

Overall
(SR paid for product; Cellucor did not participate)
  July 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Take Capsules
  • 30 Day Supply In Tube
  • Cheap Price

A testosterone booster that is about the same as others out there, not that great.

This is another product provided by the SR family so a thank you to them. I have tried many testosterone boosters and I have not found one that was worthy. This has natural ingredients for a testosterone booster. They have different ingredients but some same as other testosterones. The same for ingredient amounts found in other boosters but different to. I've tried a few and at 40 years old, I need a bit of a testosterone boost. This one was the same as most on the market.

Cellucor P6 Ultra does not contain vitamins or minerals that should increase testosterone naturally. The P6 Ultra is the name of the ingredient blend with 1450 mg and it does not break down each individual ingredient amount. I like to know more about how much of each ingredient is in the blend. The blended ingredients are KSM-66 Ashwagandha which is Withania somnifera, Fenugreek, Macam, Agaricus bisporus fruit, and Panax ginseng. The Fenugreek and Panax ginseng are found in many testosterone boosters. Ashwagandha or Indian Gingsing is a medicinal plant used for many years. It can aid in helping with cancer treatment, high blood pressure, and stress. Its sole purpose for P6 Ultra is to boost fertility and testosterone in men. Fenugreek seed (also called testosurge fenugreek) has evidence to increase testosterone and weight loss. Macam has many benefits which include boosting fertility, increase testosterone levels, energy booster, assist prostate health, will regulate hormones, build muscle, and good for bone health. Agaricus bisporus is a safe mushroom that is found in North America and cooks use it to enhance taste with food. This is a common mushroom used for potassium and sodium. The mushroom in the P6 Ultra is to help with high cholesterol, hardening of the arteries, and digestive problems. Other uses include prevention of heart disease, weakened bones (osteoporosis), and stomach ulcers. Panax ginseng can boost energy, lower blood sugar, lower cholesterol, help with stress, promote relaxation, and manage sexual dysfunction.

These items are in other boosters so there is nothing good or bad about these ingredients. Every booster out there has some or all these ingredients, it's just that companies will change which ingredients to put in and how much of each ingredient. The ingredients are fine but not great either. I give this a middle ranking.

This was in capsule form where you get 60 tablets and you take 2 per day anytime and you do not need to take food with capsules. The capsules are about the size of a multivitamin. The taste and mixability don't apply here because it is a capsule. The dosing is pretty similar to other testosterone boosters. I will give this a middle-ranking.

The P6 Ultra says it will support strength and virility. It's hard to measure a testosterone booster or verify its claims. With blood work done once a month, you will know if the testosterone is increasing or decreasing but is not something I want to pay once a month. As far as it goes with how P6 Ultra made me feel, I can't say that it was a positive or negative. It was in the middle. There was not a boost in energy. I had a no real feeling of strength. I can not say virility was good or bad either. If you take a testosterone booster with caffeine ingredients or other pre-workout ingredients, you may feel your testosterone is better. If P6 Ultra did increase in energy by adding pre workout ingredients, then the energy you get will not be because you have an increase in testosterone, it will be just an energy increase. I give this a middle-ranking because I don't know if it was good or bad.

The P6 Ultra was available on the Cellucor website for $20 to get a 30-day supply. This works out to $0.67 per day. This is a good price. I have found other boosters out there that contain the same ingredients for around $30 for a 1-month supply so this is a good price. I will give price a high rating but the value is middle because I do not think effectiveness was happening.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I give this a ranking of 5 out of 10. The ingredients are similar to other boosters out there. The dosing is the same as most. The effectiveness is in the middle because I don't know if it helped or not. It's a good product because it does have good ingredients but you can find them in most testosterone boosters. I would not say there was anything that was overwhelmingly good or bad. The cost is low but the value is middle. Since the price is low, I think it is worth a try for others out there as everybody's different but, for me, it was a middle testosterone booster.

Overall
Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
  July 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Takes Longer Than 30 Days To Get A Good Review

This is a natural anabolic that claims to build muscle, endurance, strength and burn fat but it may not do all four.

I want to start by thanking the people at Black Lion. I decided to try this because I wanted to build some muscle and get cut. This is a natural anabolic so it is a healthy way to build gains. Natural anabolic can help you grow muscle, so I wanted to give it a try.

I think it is important to discuss what a natural anabolic is. If you research anabolic online, the first thing to come up is an anabolic steroid. This is not a steroid. Natural anabolic is a natural way to get your body into an anabolic state which can help you build muscle but is not polluted like an illegal steroid. Now, let's look at the ingredients of Follidrone natural anabolic. The Follidrone is a proprietary blend of 1500 mg that include Ecklonia Cava extract, (-)-epicatechin, Flos Carthami extract, Citrus bioflavonoids which are tangerine and nobiletin, Quercetin-Niacin cocrystrals, and Octyl Gallate. This has products I have not used before or even heard of. It was interesting to find out what everything was. The 1500 mg was not broken down for each ingredient, so I am unaware of exactly how much each ingredient amount was. Ecklonia Cava is from a seaweed found in Japan. The Ecklonia Cava benefits verdict is still out there. This is a herb that has anti-oxidants to help with blood pressure, blood glucose, and inflammation. Epicatechin is a type of flavonoid in green tea. It can increase nitric oxide for improved vascular blood flow and endurance so it may build muscle growth and strength. Flos Carthami is an Asian medicine for cardiovascular issues to aid with coronary heart disease, stroke, and hypertension. Citrus bioflavonoids are citrus fruits that can work to cut blood pressure and weight loss. Quercetin-Niacin has many benefits but the purpose here is to increase endurance. Octyl Gallate is to support the Epicatechin. The Octyl Gallate is found in food additives and it is mainly used for anti-oxidants and preserves. The ingredients seem fine. I would like to know the milligrams of each item. I will give this a middle ranking.

This was 90 capsules which you would take 3 per day so it was a 30-day supply. Since this was a capsule, taste and mixability do not apply. The dosing is taken in one of two ways. You can consume 1 with every meal on days that you do not work out. On days you do a workout, you are to take 2 capsules before and 1 after a workout. I am not for sure if the 1500 mg per serving is enough or not because I do not know each ingredient's milligram amount is, so I will give this a middle ranking.

This is a grey area for me. The products claim it can do 4 things which are building muscle, endurance, strength, and burn fat. I will review each claim. With muscle, I can not say I was able to build more muscle. In a 30-day period, how much muscle can you gain? What I can say is that it takes more than 30 days to build a significant or large amounts of muscle (but muscle gains can occur). I can not say that I put on enough muscle to say it was successful but I also can not say that I did not have muscle gains. I can not rate this off a 30-day supply, so I will not say it was effective or not. As far as endurance, I can say that it was good but not great. This did not give me energy burst that a pre-workout can, but it was similar to endurance you can get when consuming carbs. I had enough endurance to get through a workout but not enough endurance to get me to throw a full day. I was able to get endurance without eating carbs so that is a positive. I give this a middle ranking. The strength issue is similar to the muscle gains. My workouts change from week to week so some weeks it is high reps, low weight. Other weeks are low reps, high weight. I did have some days that I was able to get more reps and more weight on certain muscle workouts (I didn't have an increase in every area of the workout). The increase in weights and reps was not so much that I could see a huge increase. The days of high reps, I could get 1 or 2 more reps. The days of weight increase could be 5 to 10 pounds on some lifts. This is not to say that it was because of the Follidrone, but like the endurance, it could benefit from a good supplement. I will give this a middle ranking. The fat burn, for me, is straightforward. I was able to lose only 1 pound in the 30-day supply. Again, not for sure if this was for diet (which did not change) or because of the Follidrone, so again, a middle ranking. The overall effectiveness is a middle ranking. The only way to properly rate this is with more time while using Follidrone.

Follidrone is available online for $50 to get a 30-day supply. In order to give this a fair ranking, I think you should look at this from a 3-month supply. In order for this product to be effective, you need more than just 1 month. For a 3-month supply, you will be spending $150. I give this a low ranking because I do not want to spend this much money on a product that I am not for sure is working. If this product does do what it claims to carry out than it could be money well spent, but I am not sold on it.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

This is a hard product to give a full rating because I think it takes longer than one month to see how effective it can be. The ingredients were fine. The dosing amount is unknown. The effectiveness is middle ranking. The value is low. The side effects were none. Follidrone makes some big claims on what it can do. Follidrone claims to build muscle, endurance, strength, and burn fat. I could really check only 2 claims (endurance and burn fat). The other 2 claims take more time (build muscle and strength). The endurance and fat burning I would give a middle ranking. In the end, I say that this is a 6 but the rating could change (up or down) with more time.

Overall
(SR paid for product; OxyXtreme did not participate)
  June 26, 2018

• Cheap Price
  • Under-dosed Ingredients
  • Slight Boost
  • Prop Blend

A middle pre-workout supplement.

Thank you to the people at SR for another product to review. This one was not provided by the manufacturer. It's been a while since I've tried a pre-workout so this one was worth a shot.

A middle pre-workout supplement.

This was a proprietary blend with 3.3 grams. The ingredients are Beta-Alanin, L-Arginine, Agmatine Sulfate, Panthergy N-Methylpentyl-iminoglutaric Acid, Caffeine, Caffeine Citrate, Cocoabuterol Cocoa Seed Extract, Guarana Seed Extract, Rauwolfia vomitoria Root Extract, Hordenine HCI, and Huperzia serrata Clumb Moss Extract. Beta Alanine is an amino acid that helps muscle fatigue. L-Arginine is for Nitric Oxide to give a vascular look for a pump due to opening up more blood flow to the muscles and body. Agmatine Sulfate is believed to aid growth hormone and provide a muscle pump. Panthergy works on mood and focus. Caffeine for a boost in energy. Cocaobuterol (which is cocoa powder) is a thermogenic fat loss. Guarana is another form of energy. Rauwolfia vomitoria can lower blood pressure. Hordenine for cognitive function, stimulate energy and improve mood. It can also be an appetite suppression. Huperzia Serrata is from a northern plant to work with brain functioning.

It appears to me that the 3.3 grams are to low. There is a lot of energy in this but maybe if the proprietary blend is broken up to focus on individual ingredients and the amount instead of making a blend. The ingredients are fine so I give it a middle rating due to the low dose of 3.3 grams.

I was able to get this in cotton candy which tastes like cotton candy. The taste was good so no problems. Mixability was good and the product broke down well. The dosing was ok. It was one scoop that I mixed with water (it did not list how much water) and it said to take it 30 minutes before workout. Everything was good and had no issues but I give it a middle-ranking overall because I think it should be a double scoop.

For me, this was a typical pre-workout. There was nothing outstanding or bad about the effectiveness. I did not have the jitters but I have a high tolerance for caffeine so it may be different for you. It was something that I would take about 30 minutes before my workout to get the best results. Sometimes I would take it right before the workout but didn't feel it was doing as well as it did 30 minutes before work out. It would help me get through my work out with the same effort I started with. This was an effective product with no issues so I gave it a good rating.

This was available for $23 up to $35 to get a 30 day supply. It will be $0.77 per serving so the price is good. Normally when taking a pre-workout, I get it for $1 per serving. I think this is a good value.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I have not been using a lot of stimulant pre-workouts lately so when I decide to get one, I want a great product. This was not a bad pre-workout but it wasn't the best I ever had either. The ingredients were good. The effectiveness was similar to other pre-workouts. Taste, mixability, and dosing is where I'd like it. The value is pretty decent compared to some other ones out there. No side effects noticed. I'm to give this a good rating, but I will say it is close to a meh rating.

June 16, 2018

• None

An inexpensive fish oil that does the job.

I have recently done a review on fish oil provided by the SR family and that product was not very high on my reviews. I decided to do a review on my go to fish oil that I have used for years. This fish oil is by Spring Valley and easily available at Wal-Mart or online.

An inexpensive fish oil that does the job.

This is your basic fish oil. The ingredients listed are for 2 soft gels per day, so that is what I will be using for ingredients. Calories are 25, calories from fat are 25, total fat is 2.5 g, and cholesterol is 15 mg. It has 2400 mg of the fish oil which consists of omega 3 fatty acids 720 mg, EPA 360 mg, and DHA 240 mg. The general rule of thumb for fish oil is taking a product that provides 700 to 1,000 mg of general fish oil with omega 3 fatty acids being 500 mg of combined EPA and DHA. The instruction says to take 2 soft gels per day so you will be consuming more than enough of the recommended amount. I give the ingredients a high rating because this does contain enough fish oil elements.

I have had no problems with taste or smell. Some fish oils will leave your breath smelling like tuna but this did not happen. Mixability is not an issue here as it is a soft gel. The dosing says to take two per, so I took 1 in the morning and at night. I give this a high rating as it follows the general amount suggested.

Fish oil has many benefits like it helps with ADHD, Alzheimer's, anxiety, arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, immunity, and weight loss. Athletes will use fish oil to speed up recovery, burn body fat, support testosterone levels, and promote muscle growth. Fish oil supplements also cut the risk of heart attacks, lower blood pressure, and prevent strokes. It's hard to rate the effectiveness. I felt that it did what a fish oil needed to do. I give it a high rating because you are getting all the benefits.

This has 200 soft gel capsules which convert into 100 servings (since you take 2 soft gels per day) so it will last you over 3 months. The cost was $30 which works out to $0.30 per day so the cost is very low. I give this a high-ranking.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

This was a good fish oil. The ingredients meet the recommended amount. The taste was fine. It was as effective. The value is high. There were no side effects. I give this a high-ranking so it will remain my everyday fish oil.

9.7
Thanks to Ultra Human for sending it out!
  June 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Weight Loss
  • Bad Smell

This was a wonderful weight loss supplement for the body to burn fat with ketones but an expensive price.

Thank you to the people at Ultra Human. I have tried ketones for a while and it's a hard thing to find effective ones. I don't want to get into all the things that you need to do to get your body into ketosis because that is a long discussion for another place. I was able to do ketosis through diet for a few weeks but the type of food you can eat was really hard, so I have not been trying a ketosis diet. I have done a low carb diet, so I wanted a good product to try with ketones because it gave the impression this would get you into ketosis if on a low carb diet.

Total Fat 3g
Carb 4g
Sugar 0g

The Ultra has two core ingredients, KETO 4X or Exogenous Ketone Matrix with 15,160 mg and Burn Ready with Pure C8 MCT with 9575 mg. The KETO 4x does not list the amount of each ingredient. The ingredients are Beta-Hydroxybutyrate forms of Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium. Beta-Hydroxybutyrate is one of 3 types of ketones for energy molecules. The Beta-Hydroxybutyrate is in salt form (which explains the calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium). The Beta-Hydroxybutyrate salt is derived from fat. This is a high amount of ketone items but I just don't know how much each item is in the KETO 4X. What Ultra is doing is helping the ketones to burn fat within the body. The Burn Ready with Pure C8 MCT is Chain Triglycerides 7500 mg, DL-Malix Acid 2000 mg, and Himalayan Pink Salt 75 mg. Medium-chain triglycerides or MCT, is naturally occurring item found in food like coconut oil and helps with weight loss and burning fat. DL-Malix Acid is a compound found in fruit for energy. Himalayan Pink Salt works for hydration and electrolytes. All the ingredients are natural elements found in things like food and vitamins. All the ingredients are great and I give this a high-ranking.

I was able to get raspberry lemonade flavor. I think the first thing to cover here is the smell. The smell was really strong and bad which unfortunately impacts taste. I did plug my nose to see if I could get the raspberry lemonade flavor that it came with but the smell was still a struggle. The taste and smell are not good. The mixability was not an issue because everything broke down really easily. The dosing was to start with half a scoop, then build-up to 3/4 of a scoop, and then a full scoop. I followed the dosing as suggested. I did the half a scoop for 2 days, 3/4 of a scoop for 2 days, and finished with a full scoop for the next few weeks. I have to say the taste and the smell were really bad, so I give that a low ranking but the mixability and dosing were good, so I give that a high-ranking. I will give it a middle-ranking overall because it is a happy medium.

As far as it goes with effectiveness, I think the ketones were unbelievable and my body was in ketosis state or felt it was in ketosis state. Ketosis is not the same thing as Atkins diet but it's still hard to do because the diet is so strict because it requires a high amount of fat. I am not going into all the details of ketosis and how to get there because it's really important for you to research it and see. What I can say is that this gave me the ketosis fill but without the structured diet. I would say that this product was highly effective because I did stay with a low carb diet of under 100 carbs per day, I had a high amounts of fat, and a medium amounts of protein. The first 12 days I was able to lose 7 pounds with no problem. It did slow down a little and I ended up losing another 2 pounds in the last 7 days. In the end, I lost 9 pounds (I went from 216 to 207) in less than a month. I'm not for sure if this weight loss had continued if I was using it longer, but I feel you should lose 5-10 pounds per month. I need to take another tube to see about future weight loss but I was able to lose 9 pounds in a month is really impressive. I've struggled with weight loss for a while and needed something to really help me. I want to stress that this is not a magic pill that will solve all your problems. Effectiveness of this product is from a low carb and high fat diet. I am not saying you only consume 5 grams of carbs per day but you can not eat pizza and subway foot long sandwiches and have this supplement work. Stay low carb. My diet is 100 grams or fewer of carbs per day and I did not consume a ton of protein because I do not want to lose or burn the protein but have a good amount around 100 grams per day (depends on weight). Remember, this is for weight loss and not muscle gain. Every person is different so it may not be as effective for you as it was for me. I am just explaining my experience. This was a wonderful product and I highly recommend it for anybody else. As I've said before in other posts, make sure that your diet and exercise are on point.

I was able to find this on several websites. The cost is normally $90 but was on sale for $70 and a tub has 16 servings so this is $4.38 per day. The cost is really high. Like I said in the effective section, if you are eating to many carbs, then this is a waste of money. If you are strict with your diet and exercise regularly, then this could be the thing to get you over the hump. For me personally, I find it hard to justify spending this much money. The cost is so much higher than what I normally spend on supplements, but it was the most effective weight loss product I have ever tried. I have to say the cost is way too high but the value is incredible due to the weight loss (hopefully this makes sense) so I will give it a middle ranking.

Side Effects

Jitters at first but went away.

Conclusion

This is the best and most effective weight loss product I have every tried and I have tried a lot, but there are some downsides too. The ingredients are solid. The taste and smell were bad. The dosing and mixability were good. The effectiveness was unbelievable. The cost is high. The value is middle. The side effects were minor. I am really torn on this product. It had so many good things but also some bad things. I am willing to handle the smell and taste if it is effective. I do not know if the cost is worth it since you might be able to lose the weight on a good old-fashioned diet (probably not as fast though). If Ultra Human could get the cost down to $2 per day, I would suggest and recommend it to everyone but with it being $4.38 per day, I do not think I would buy it again.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  June 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Full
  • Prime Ingredients
  • Great Recovery
  • Amazing Taste
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • -amazing Taste
  • Only Use When Burning A High Amount Of Carbs
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

A solid mass gainer with great flavor and "do your job" as Coach Belichick says.

I want to send a big thank you to the people at VMI who continue to deliver on their supplements. I have never done a mass gainer, so I wanted to try it. When I first got it, I was so excited because it was a 4 lbs tub but I later learned it was for 30 servings instead of the 60 servings I thought it was. I was a little sad but 30 servings are my normal, so the sadness was short-lived.

This is a protein blend powder with more calories, su...

This is a protein blend powder with more calories, sugar, and carbs than I normally use because I usually do a low carb, sugar, and calories protein powder like protein isolate. All the elements are a serving which is 2 scoops.

Calories from fat 45
Total fat 7 g
Cholesterol 58 mg
Total carbs 29 g
Sugar 10 g
Protein 20 g

As you can see, this is a high amount item but you need to understand before using this protein it is a "mass gainer" which will have higher amounts than a normal protein powder. This protein blend has whey protein concentrate, whole milk powder, whey protein isolate, and milk protein isolate. It also has a time released carb blend so you will not get overwhelmed with carbs real fast so you won't feel the way you do after having a foot long subway sandwich. There is also peanut flour (so do not take if you have peanut allergies), fat blend with several types of oils, and Graham Cracker crumbs (which gives you the "cookie" taste and texture from the protein shake). It also lists the typical amino acid profile. The ingredients are great and I like having the milk ingredients added to it which give it more of an "ice cream" shake taste. You also get a good protein blend. The time release carbs were wonderful as it didn't leave me feeling bloated and tired because a high amount of carbs at one time can do that to you. The 29 g of carbs is high and gets really high when you get up to 4 scoops at 58 g. The carb issue is discussed in the effectiveness section. Ingredients are good, so I give it a high-ranking.

I have to say that the taste on this was unbelievable and maybe one of the best ones I ever had. I was able to get the peanut butter cookie which tasted like peanut butter with some chunks of chocolate chip cookies in it. Tried it with water and the flavor was good but I found it best with almond milk. The mixability was fine but make sure you get enough liquid if you use up to 4 scoops at one time because the instructions say to mix with 2 scoops with 6-8 ounces of liquid. The protein shake did have little chunks in it but that was not due to the mixability but for the cookie taste and texture. So taste and mixability were no issues. Dosing on this threw me for a loop at first because I usually use 1 scoop to get 20 g of protein powder and this product required two but this was a minor problem. It has 30 servings per tub with 2 scoops. The outside of the tub shows 40 g of protein but understand you have to use 4 scoops to get the 40 g. 2 scoops is 20 g of protein so dosing was fine. I would use 2 scoops before a workout and 2 more after a workout. I give this a high-ranking, especially for the taste.

I wanted to try this so I changed my workout to a HIIT workout. In order to keep from putting on weight from the carbs, I had to extend cardio. So I did twice as much cardio as I normally do to keep from putting weight on. I was able to do this without having any weight issues. Also, because of the more carbs and sugar, I was able to keep going with my workout and not get tired or worn out which may happen with a low carb diet. I can't say I had a "mass gainer" in muscle and strength but I can say I feel the product did its job. I felt full, had great recovery, and had wonderful workouts. I feel stronger so I believe it is an effective product so I give it a high rating.

The VMI Mass Gainer sells for around $46 for 30 servings so it works out to $1.53 per serving which is 2 scoops. Be careful when you're looking for a mass gainer because this is not like your normal whey protein. I found some as cheap as $20 but read the label. The one for $20 only had 8 servings so if you increase it to 30 you spend $60. The cheapest was $40 by Cellucor with only 28 servings. The VMI Mass Gainer is one of the cheapest ones you can find online for a mass gainer. Mass gainers are expensive due to the quality that is in each product. This for me is a really good price for a mass gainer and because they can get as high as a $100 for the same amount of servings. Just make sure you read the labels. I give this a high-ranking due to the high price of a mass gainer and this is a reasonable price.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

This is a great product for a mass gainer. The ingredients are good. The taste is wonderful. No issues with mixability. 4 scoops is a lot of powder but as a small issue. It was effective. The price is very reasonable. There were no side effects. If you are looking for a mass gainer, this is the one. The only catch is the price you pay for a mass gainer is high when comparing it to the normal protein powders. I would only buy it again if I was training for a marathon, a gantlet, or something else with a high amount of energy from things like the carbs or sugar. If that is the case, I would buy only this mass gainer so it gets a high-ranking.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  June 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Label Disclosure
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Increased Power
  • Excellent Recovery
  • Horrible Taste

This is a good creatine blend to mix with water or add to another liquid supplement mix.

Thank you to the people at VMI who continue to produce good supplements. Creatine is a normal supplement in my workout and I wanted this because it is a creatine blend. This was a product that is easy to take and mix with my normal supplement products.

The SMART creatine has sodium 79 mg, magnesium 96 mg, and chloride 121 mg with the creatine blend being creatine citrate 1.2 grams, creatine pyruvate 1.2 grams, and magnesium creatine chelate or what that call Creatine MagnaPower 1.2 grams. Sodium is, of course, salt, that helps keep water for the blood. Magnesium works with the nerves and muscles to support an immune system. Chloride helps with electrolytes to support fluid in the body. All these work with creatine to help balance the body. Creatine can work to improve strength, lean muscle mass, and muscles recover. Due to the boost from creatine, it can increase energy. Creatine is like protein but it is known as a "non-protein" nitrogen. Creatine is made in our bodies, is in food, and supplements. Creatine citrate combination of creatine with citric acid to boost the workout so athletes will use this creatine. In this form of combining 2 elements, it has few side effects. Creatine pyruvate is a form of creatine used to absorb into the body better instead of the traditional creatine called creatine monohydrate. Creatine pyruvate is 60% creatine and 40% pyruvate. Magnesium creatine chelate or Creatine MagnaPower has creatine that will bond to magnesium which is different from Creatine monohydrate that bonds the creatine to water. All the ingredients are fine so I give this a good rating.

The flavor is "unflavored" but don't let it fool you to think it has no flavor. When I started taking it, I assumed that it had no flavor. I usually mix my creatine in with my protein shake. I thought my protein shakes had gone bad because it left a bitter taste. When I learned it was "unflavored", I started mixing it in with other supplements and that helped the bitter taste. I would say the flavor is more like powered salt. I would not recommend mixing it with only water because the flavor was salty. No problems with mixability as it fully dissolved. It suggests to mix it with 8 to 10 oz of water. The instruction says to have 1 scoop 15-20 minutes before workout and another 1-2 scoop with a recovery drink. The SMART creatine has 3.6 grams of combined creatine per serving. I followed the directions as recommended with no issues. The dosing was good and a normal amount for me to consume daily. I give this a good rating because you take it before and after a workout with good mixing and dosing.

I do feel that this was an effective creatine. Most of the creatine I've had in the past is just one type of creatine, but this was a great creatine blend. I also like the SMART mix because my earlier creatine would mix in protein powder because the creatine had no taste, but this one would help change the other supplement mixes to give it a different flavor so it was better than mixing the SMART creatine with just water. I felt that my body was able to absorb the creatine and it gave me what I needed the creatine to do. I like having a creatine before and after a workout so this was a good product to try. There are different debates on exactly how much creatine the body should take in a day and when to take it but I think this dosing before and after a workout is right where I would like. The one thing that I really liked was the other non-creatine ingredients that kept me hydrated which is wonderful for a guy that sweats a lot. This was a great creatine that was a very effective product.

I was able to find it easily online for $20 to $30 but it was on eBay for $14. This tube is 30 servings which works out to $0.47 if you can get it at $14 but a normal price is $0.83 per serving if you get the tube for $25. There is less expensive creatine on the market, but the ones I find cheaper usually contain one form of creatine. A creatine mix can get high. I think that at $0.47 per serving is a great price and at $0.83 is ok. The price can affect value, but with the ingredients and effectiveness, I give it a middle to high rating.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed

Conclusion

This is a great creatine product. It has multiple creatine which is good. The taste was nice if mixed with other tasty supplement mixes. The mixability and dosing were fine. It was effective. If you can get it at $14, then I highly suggest getting one. The cost is still reasonable at $25 for 30 servings. No side effects. This is a wonderful creatine and I would recommend and try it again.

9.2
  June 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Core Vitamins
  • None

A good multivitamin with the minimum amount of vitamins and does not go over. It has almost every recommendation vitamin.

I am doing a review on Equate which is easy to find at Wal-Mart. I am not very high on Walmart specific products but I have been taking multivitamins daily for years and I know it is something the body needs. This was a good multivitamin with the core vitamins and the cost is lower than many on the market today.

This is a long list and I want to list everything because it is a multivitamin. Vitamin A 3,500 IU, vitamin C 60 mg, vitamin D 1,000 IU, vitamin E 30 IU, vitamin k 25 mcg, thiamin 1.5 mg, riboflavin 1.7 mg, niacin 20 mg, vitamin B-6 20 mg, folic acid 400 MCG, vitamin B-12 6 MCG, biotin 30 MCG, Panathenaic acid 10 mg, calcium 200 mg, iron 18 mg, phosphorus 20 mg, iodine 150 MCG, magnesium 50 mg, zinc 11 mg, selenium 55 MCG, copper 0.5 mg, manganese 2.3 mg, chromium 35 MCG, molybdenum 45 mcg, chloride 72 mg, potassium 80 mg, nickel 5 mcg, silicon 2 mg, tin 10 mcg, and vanadium 10 mcg. The ingredients listed are ok amounts and you can not get a multivitamin to fill all your needs. For example, I need 5000 IU of vitamin D3 (per blood work) so I have to take added vitamin D3 outside of what I can get in a multivitamin. The body can absorb a certain amount of any vitamin so taking a high amount of vitamins is not very healthy, plus it is just a waste of money. Do your research on how much your body can take in before it stops absorbing it. The question about this low-cost multivitamin is if it meets the recommended daily intake. The recommended daily vitamin intake amount depends on age and gender so the amounts of each vitamin are not listed. The core daily vitamins listed below.

Vitamin A, Biotin, Riboflavin, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Vitamin C, Choline, Thiamin, Chromium, Magnesium, Selenium, Vitamin D, Folate, Vitamin B-6, Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin B-12, Fluoride, Molybdenum, Vitamin K, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, and Phosphorus. First, what is missing from that needs to be added? Folate, fluoride, and choline. Second, what is included that is not listed on the recommended intake. Folic acid, chloride, nickel, silicon, tin, and vanadium. Third, how much of each vitamin is too low or too high that is recommended. I am not going to look at each one, so I just looked at a few random ones based on my age and sex (39-year-old male). Information is below.

Vitamin A recommends max 10,000 IU and equate 3,500 so short of 6,500 IU. Niacin recommended max 35 mg and equate 20 mg so short 15 mg. Zinc recommended max 40 mg and equate 11 mg so 29 mg short. Copper recommended max is 10 mg and equate 0.5 mg so short 9.5 mg. Vitamin E recommended max is 90 mg and equate 27 mg so short 63 mg. As you can see, Equate is very short on the max but I did check to make sure it meets the smallest, which all did but it would take much time to list all. For example, vitamin E minimum is 15 mg. All this is interesting but not enough to worry me. It is good to know what is missing and what to add. I believe that Equate should add the recommended vitamins to its product. I give this a middle rating as it is not great, but it is not bad either. Equate, I believe, is giving the necessary vitamins without going over the max for safety but I believe that is good service. Also, if this amount is too low you are free to take 2 in a day without going over the max.

Taste and mixability do not count as it is a tablet form. You are to take this once per day which is normal multivitamin for dosing. I will give this a high-ranking.

You can not test the effectiveness of a multivitamin but can get some blood work done. I recently had blood work while taking this multivitamin and other than vitamin D, my levels were normal. Vitamins can leave you feeling better and some may give you an upset stomach. This multivitamin continued to make me feel healthy with no stomach issues. This was a very effective multivitamin, so I give it a high-ranking.

I was able to get 200 tablets and the cost is $8 so it is $.04 for a tablet. This is an extremely low-cost for me. I give the value a very high-ranking.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

This is the normal multivitamin that I have taken for years and will continue to take it. These does have core ingredients but not what you may need. It has what I look for and not enough vitamin D, so I do buy that separately. It was effective and dosing was no problem. No side effects. The value is great and the cost is very low. With so many options on the market, you may find a better fit at a reasonable price but this one is for me. Especially since my blood work came back normal, other than vitamin D mentioned earlier. I would recommend this for anyone that is an adult.

3.7
4.1
(SR paid for product; BPI Sports did not participate)
  June 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • If Effective
  • Great Value
  • Bad Texture

This is a product by BPI Health that has CLA and carnitine that says it will help with weight loss and cut the body fat. This did not happen for me.

Thank you to the SR family. This was not given to me by BPI Health. I have tried CLA products and some have been helpful and some have not. This is on the not list.

This is a combination CLA matrix and carnitine. The CLA matrix is safflower oil powder, avocado oil powder, coconut oil powder, and CLA or congested acid. The CLA matrix is 2.5 g and carnitine is 2 g. This has 20 calories, 20 calories from fat, total fat of 2 g, and vitamin D3. The oils have linoleic acid and work with the CLA. The oils have benefits that include lowering cholesterol and work with blood sugar. Conjugated Linoleic Acid or CLA is an essential fatty acid for good health. CLA is a naturally occurring thing that could be found in meat and cheese type products. They can increase metabolism and help with the fatty acids within a body. Good ingredients so give it a good rating.

I was able to get this in fruit punch flavor. There were no problems with the taste. Mixability was to take 2 per day. You were to mix with 8 oz of water and take one in the morning and one in the evening. The mixability was not that great. I usually had grains in after the mix. Even if I let it sit for a while, I still had problems with it. Dosing was fine and no issues. I give this a medium rating.

The BPI company claims that this will help reduce body fat, promote lean muscle, and support athletic performance. This was something that was not effective for me. I've taken CLA in the past that had some weight loss with them, but it did take a while for weight loss to start when using CLA products. With this product after 3 weeks, there was no weight loss or body fat decrease, so I did not have any lean muscle. The 4th week is when I did notice some change but nothing that I could say was from the CLA. I did lose one pound in the 4th week so nothing that was great. The athletic performance was fine and similar to what I've had in the past with CLA. I give this a low ranking.

This has 50 servings were you take 2 scoops per day so you're getting 25 days worth of this product in one tub. The cheapest I could find was eBay at $25. This works out to $1 per day. If this was an effective product I would say that it was a great value but since this was not effective, I will say it's a low value

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

This was not worth my time. The ingredients were fine and I've had success with CLA in the past but I don't know if this was due to the dosing recommendation. The taste and dosing were fine. The mixability was low. I did not find it effective. The value is not always about cost if it is working but for me, the value is low because it was not doing what I wanted it to do. There were no side effects so that was no issue. Everyone's body handles things differently but for me, this was not a recommended product but it could be for others. I give this a low ranking overall.

Overall
Overall
6.9
Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Chelated Minerals
  • Immune System Support
  • Low D3 And Magnesium Dose
  • Missing Vitamin K
  • Missing Other Vitamins Recommended

A good multivitamin that's easy to work into your daily product intake, but the cost is higher than most multivitamins.

Thank you Flex Nutrition for the 4th product of yours that I've tried. Flex Nutrition does have products I have tried that is good stuff and then some stuff I put in the middle of the pack. This was a good multivitamin but was missing some core stuff and the cost was a lot higher than I normally pay.

This is a long list and I want to list everything because it is a multivitamin. Vitamin A 10,000 IU, vitamin C 250 mg, vitamin D3 400 IU, vitamin D-3 400 IU, vitamin E 50 IU, vitamin B-1 100 mg, vitamin B-2 100 mg, niacin 100 mg, vitamin B-6 100 mg, folic acid 400 MCG, vitamin B-12 100 MCG, biotin 100 MCG, Panathenaic acid 100 mg, calcium 50 mg, iron 18 mg, iodine 150 MCG, magnesium 25 mg, zinc 15 mg, selenium 20MCG, copper 500 MCG, manganese 6 mg, chromium 250 MCG, potassium 10 mg, choline bitartrate 100 mg, inositol 100 mg, PABA 100 mg, citrus bioflavonoids 50 mg, betaine HCI 30 mg, rutin powder 50 mg, and trace mineral complex 1 mg. The ingredients listed are in good amounts and you can not get a multivitamin to fill all your needs. For example, I need 5000 IU of vitamin D3 (per blood work) so I have to take added vitamin D3 outside of what I can get in a multivitamin. Also, the body can only absorb so many vitamins so taking a high amount of vitamins is not very healthy, plus it is just a waste of money. I recommend doing your research on how much your body can take in before it stops absorbing it. I am going to do another review on the other multivitamin I have taken for years because it has a lot more vitamins and has many other things that this product does not contain. I wanted to know how Mega Multi compares to other multivitamins and if it meets the recommended daily intake. I am not trying to say Mega Multi is not good. I just want to compare it. The recommended daily vitamin intake amount depends on age and gender so the amounts of each vitamin are not listed. The core daily vitamins are listed below.

Vitamin A, Biotin, Riboflavin, Calcium, Iron, Potassium, Vitamin C, Choline, Thiamine, Chromium, Magnesium, Selenium, Vitamin D, Folate, Vitamin B-6, Copper, Manganese, Zinc, Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin B-12, Fluoride, Molybdenum, Vitamin K, Pantothenic Acid, Iodine, and Phosphorus. First, what is missing from Mega Multi that need to be added? Riboflavin, thiamine, folate, fluoride, molybdenum, vitamin K, and phosphorus. Second, what is included that is not listed on the recommended intake. Folic acid, inositol, PABA, citrus bioflavonoids, betaine HCI, rutin powder, and trace mineral complex. Third, how much of each vitamin is too low or too high that is recommended. I am not going to look at each one, so I just looked at a few random ones based on my age and sex (39-year-old male). Information is below.

Vitamin A Recommend Max 10,000 IU and Mega Multi 10,000 IU. Niacin Recommend Max 35 mg and Mega Multi 100 mg. Zinc Recommend Max 40 mg and Mega Multi 15 mg. Copper Recommend Max 10,000 mcg and Mega Multi 500 mcg. Vitamin E Recommend Max 1,100 IE and Mega Multi 50 IE

As you can see, Mega Multi is short on some max but I did check to make sure it meets the minimal amount, which all did. All this is interesting but not enough to worry me. It is good to know what is missing and what to add. I believe that Mega Multi should add the recommended vitamins to its product. I give this a middle rating as it is not great, but it is not bad either.

Taste and mixability are not a part of this as it is tablet form. You are to take this once per day so the dosing is good. I will give this a high-ranking.

There is no real way to test the effectiveness of a multivitamin. What I will say is that I have taken multivitamins daily for years. Some leave you feeling better and some may give you an upset stomach. This was one of the multivitamins that continued to make me feel healthy and I did not have any stomach issues. This was an effective multivitamin that did what I was wanting it to do. I give it a high-ranking.

I was able to get a 60-day supply (60 tablets) and the cost is $22 for the 60 tablets so it is $.36 for a tablet. This is a high cost for me. My normal multivitamin is an Equate basic multivitamin for adults (I am not an Equate rep, I am just comparing to my normal supplement) and it is $8 for 200 tablets. I give the value a low ranking because the cost does not out way the benefits of other multivitamins on the market.

Side Effects

No bad side effects. When I 1st started taking them I did start to get a mellow yellow pee but nothing that was unusual.

Conclusion

This was just not a product I would try again. This does have a lot of ingredients but not all the ones I look for and not all the amounts I need. It was effective and dosing was no problem. It had a minor side effect but no problem. The value is low because the cost is too high. I just can not justify purchasing this product because there are so many options on the market at more reasonable prices. I would not recommend it again.