Yourpald

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+36)
  • Member was only active for less than a week, and was last online 2 years ago
  • Member has only posted 2 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Yourpald

Overall
Overall
9.5
9.5
  April 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Recovery
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Slight Dehydration

Great results for literally pennies a serving.

I have been training for over twenty years and over that time I have developed a considerable amount of insight in regards to training and dietary supplementation. Over the past few years supplementreviews.com has been my go to site to find out about the latest products from my fellow fitness freaks. After years of using the site I've decided to contribute.

Great results for literally pennies a serving.

Nutrabio's 100% Creatine Monohydrate contains 5 grams of pharmaceutical grade HPLC micronized creatine monohydrate per serving. The label really drives home the point by stating ABSOLUTELY NONE as the other ingredients. This product is manufactured in the United States and the label states that it is free from banned substances and hidden ingredients.

Whether mixed with water or juice I found there to be absolutely no taste when mixed with the suggested 16 ounces or more. It comes as a very fine powder that is noticeably less gritty than some of the other creatine monohydrates that I've used over the years. As such, it mixes very well in either a shaker or stirred with a spoon. Nutrabio recommends using at least 16 ounces of liquid for a 5 gram serving once daily, and 16-32 ounces total per day total. I personally would suggest drinking at least 64 ounces of water throughout the day when using this or any other creatine mondhydrate product, and much more than that depending on your activity level. I do appreciate the fact that the label does not suggest a loading stage, wherein a person would take in excessively high doses of the product during their first week of use. I have done so in the past and found it to be no better than using just 5 grams per day from the start.

This product has been absolutely phenomenal in terms of effectiveness. Within the first week of using this product I noticed an overall increase in endurance, both in terms of resistance and aerobic training. Even as my physical output increased I felt my recovery time decrease while feeling more refreshed for my next training session. By feeling more refreshed in between sessions, I'm able to increase the intensity of my sessions and get the results I'm looking for. There was also an increase in my overall fullness of muscle definition within the first couple of weeks of using Nutrabio's creatine.

The value cannot be beat. Many supplements have come and gone over the years, but only a few have remained a staple among athletes. Creatine monohydrate is one of them, and Nutrabio provides an excellent product at an outstanding price point. This product is readily available through several retailers for pennies per serving. The company I bought mine from came to roughly 15 cents per serving. That is an absolute home run in terms of value considering the effects.

Side Effects

With adequate hydration I have experienced absolutely no negative side effects. That being said, it is not uncommon for me to drink over a gallon of water per day when I'm training heavily. I would suggest drinking lots, and lots of water when taking this product. How much so is according to your own level of output. There have been days where I have slacked on my water intake when taking this product where I have experienced cramping in my muscles. Drinking water quickly alleviated the symptoms and I've been more mindful of my water intake when using this product.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a cost effective supplement that does what it says, do not hesitate to try Nutrabio's 100% Creatine monohydrate.

April 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Good Recovery
  • Lasted Long Enough
  • Makes Great Shakes
  • Extereme Milk Chocolate!!
  • No Cons

ON's Gold Standard 100% whey protein delivers 24 grams of high quality whey protein by way of a blend (whey protein isolates, whey protein concentrate and whey peptides). As an added bonus one serving also includes 5.5 grams of branch chain amino acids along with 4 grams of glutamine and glutamic acid. It packs 120 calories per serving, with only 15 calories coming from fat; all the while maintaining a delicious taste in spite of only 2 grams of sugar per serving.

The taste is truly impressive, especially considering how little sugar is used. It tastes good with water, but I myself prefer to use milk. In my opinion it tastes better and the extra protein content doesn't hurt either! If I'm coming off of a very heavy training session I'll often make a smoothie using the Gold Standard, with some fruit, milk, peanut butter and steel cut oats. No matter which method I used, it mixes well and tastes great.

Gold Standard whey really shines when it comes to effectiveness. With a profile of 24 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of branch chain amino acids, and 4 grams of glutamine & glutamic acid it helps recovery on a variety of fronts. I have noticed a difference in my recovery time when I supplement my diet with a whey protein, and with all of the different companies I've tried I truly prefer Gold Standard.

The value is also excellent. I often buy the 5 lb tub at my local supplement shop for about $55, which takes the cost per serving to roughly 77 cents. I find this to be a great value for a supplement that truly delivers on it's product.

Side Effects

No negative side effects to speak of.

Conclusion

At under a dollar per serving this product truly performs. I would recommend Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard 100% whey to anyone involved in any sort of physical training. It works great and your body will thank you for it.