Xcmiler

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Xcmiler

Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  October 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gluten Free
  • Immunity Enhancement
  • Significantly Under-dosed Ingredients
  • May Need More Than One Serving Daily
  • Only One Flavor Available

I never tried Magnum Nutraceuticals products until they came up on the trooper program. I always thought that they were too expensive and a lot of the ingredient profiles were very "kitchen sink." I will say though that they do have a premium brand feel and some nice looking labels. So, when performance greens came up I wanted to try it after having good results with their protein product Quattro.

Each scoop of Performance Greens contains 40 calories, 1.5g of fat, 5.5g of carbohydrates (3g of dietary fiber), and 1g of protein. I do like the inclusion of the fiber. I will note that this is naturally sweetened with stevia. I am not going to go into every ingredient as there quite a few. I will only touch on the ones that are significant. One the first major ingredients is 1020mg of spirulina. Spirulina is one the big names in antioxidant superfoods. It has several touted benefits such as heavy metal detox, prevention of cancer, lowers blood pressure, boosts energy, allergies and weight loss. The dosage of this ranges from 1-8g depending on what you are using it for. Therefore, for this product can be somewhat underdosed depending on the reason you are taking it. The next major ingredient is lecithin at 2038mg. The major benefits of this are cortisol reduction, less stress and some cholesterol benefits. The dosage ranges from 500-2000mg so in this case Performance Greens is dosed well. These are the two larger dosed ingredients and the rest are dosed in very small amounts. For example, resveratrol is at 3mg, green tea extract at 25mg, chlorella at 203mg, and others at low dosages. There are about 75 ingredients in this product and based on spot checking a few, many are underdosed. Now, we will see if that affects the effectiveness of the product when I get to that section. Just keep in mind when taking this product that even though it contains green tea extract that doesn't mean you will get the full benefits of green tea extract (if at all with such a low dosage). This is the same for most other ingredients in this product. Now, a majority of other greens supplements does this as well so it is not just this one.

When you first mix Performance Greens there is kind of a berry greens smell to the mixed liquid. It does foam slightly but nothing that would cause an issue. When you first drink it there is a very sweet berry taste that is followed by a stevia aftertaste. I personally enjoyed it since other greens supplements I have taken have been awful. This was pretty good. In terms of mixability, I did notice that there were some small particles as I drank it but with all the ingredients but I expected that. As far as dosing goes, I always took one scoop sometime during the day. I will note that it does mention to refrigerate after opening and I did that over the course of the bottle.

Magnum Nutraceuticals Performance Greens makes several claims in their promotional material for their product. It is supposed to increase energy, regulate stress and cleanse support. There are several more but I will stick to these as the main ones I rate. They also mention restful sleep, which I did not notice a benefit. Balance pH levels, which I have no idea how I rate the effectiveness of that. They also claim a promotion of overall health, which is rather general. Accelerate recovery is another claim but I was taking other supplements for recovery and I really don't think this did much to help in that regard. Allow our bodies to function properly is the last claim, which again how do you rate this?

The first claim that is specific enough to actually rate is increased energy. I noticed that the mornings I took this I would have a slight increase in overall energy. It was by NO means anywhere near caffeine but I could tell when I did take it or when I didn't. I will note that I usually do a quasi intermittent fasting so I don't actually eat in the AM other than black coffee. So, that could have had something to do with the increased energy since this does contain some calories etc. The next is regulate stress. I will be honest I felt nothing in this regard and my stress levels were the same as they were before, during and after finishing the bottle. The next is the cleansing benefit and to be honest I did not notice much from that either. Unless the cleanse support is supposed to be on some "cellular level" but in terms of GI cleanse I noticed nothing. Everything was same from before, during and after.

About the only thing I noticed other than a slight increase in energy when taking this in the AM (but that may have been due to the calories in the product) was a shortening of sickness. I work in a school and if anyone else does you know sickness spreads like wildfire. I did get some type of cold that did not last as long as it usually does. Again, maybe it was this product or it could have been the Zicam, DayQuil, zinc, Nyquil and copious amounts of cough drops.

I want to note that this review may sound negative and that is because I did not feel much from this. And, from what I did feel I am unsure if it was this product or other factors. I DO still think this may be worth a try if you are in the market for a greens supplement. However, be realistic with what you expect from it unless you believe you can really feel that pH balance.

Magnum Nutraceuticals Performance Greens is currently going for $29.99 for 30 servings making it $1.00 per serving. I have never really seen Magnum Nutraceuticals products go on sale so that it is probably what you will most likely pay. Comparing it to some other greens supplements, Evogen Evogreens goes for $39.95 making it $1.33 per serving. Musclepharm Organic Superfoods is $41.99 and that is $1.40 per serving. Greens Freak is $29.99 making it $1.00 per serving. As you can see Performance Greens is competitively priced with similar greens products. It really comes down the ingredients you want and how much a you dedicate to a greens supplement in your budget.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Look, the bottom line here is if you are a frequent user of greens supplements this is worth a try. It is competitively priced and tastes pretty good. For me personally I doubt I would add it to my regime and would rather use that money to buy an apple or some vegetables.

-Xcmiler

October 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Competitively Priced
  • Improved Recovery
  • Unique Flavor
  • Special Offer
  • Foam When Using Blender Ball
  • Slight Chemical Aftertaste With Milk

Staunch Nutrition is a company that I never knew existed until they showed up in my instagram feed with their pre workout Koala Freak. I decided to give their pre workout a try and accidently bought their protein (more on that later). So, since there aren't many reviews for this company I decided to review their protein (I was not a fan of their pre workout).

Staunch Nutrition Whey Isolate comes in three flavors, they are hot chokkie, vanilla ice cream and caramel von mocha. Each tub comes with either 29, 30, or 31 servings depending on the tub. The protein source is whey protein isolate that is made with temperature cross-flow micro-filtration as per the Staunch website. I happen to have the caramel von mocha flavor so I will be discussing the ingredient profile for that version. Each scoop comes in at 100 calories, 0g of fat, 2g carbohydrates and 24g of protein. I will note that it is a little high in sodium at 190mg. It is artificially and naturally sweetened and does contain sucralose.

There is not really much to say about the ingredient profile but I do like that it is a whey isolate. I have recently switched over to using either whey isolate, plant protein or a protein blend that heavily favors whey isolate. In the past with whey protein concentrates (WPC) or blends with ratios that favor WPC I have had GI issues. With this protein I had no GI issues and felt it was lighter on my stomach. Overall, it is a solid whey protein isolate powder.

The flavor I had was caramel von mocha and I really enjoyed it. When you first drink it you are hit with a caramel taste then it turns to mocha followed by an almost cinnamon taste. It was quite good and unique. I will note their is a slight aftertaste that could be described as almost chemical. I am unsure if it was a mix of the milk and the protein powder. Unfortunately, I mostly use milk with my shakes so I am unsure if it was there with water. It mixed fairly well but I did notice when mixed with milk it was a lot thicker than other whey isolates I have used in milk. I always used skim milk to make this shake and thought it really brought out the flavor. It did foam slightly when mixed using the blender ball but it was not really an issue. In terms of dosing, I always used one scoop whenever I needed to fill my protein macros.

I found Staunch Nutrition Whey Isolate to be an effective protein supplement. I think the main reason was because of how much I liked the flavor. A lot of times if I am not really enjoying a protein flavor I don't use it as much and sometimes miss hitting my macros. This was not an issue with this product. The main benefit I noticed was slight improved recovery while I was taking this product. I think it had to do with me meeting my protein macros more effectively because I enjoyed the taste. This was most notable in my weight training as I have moved to four intense workouts per week. They are usually followed by some type of cardio either at the gym or at the park. When I first swapped to this routine I had an issue where my biceps would still be sore from chest/bicep day and that would effect when I did back. However, since adding a scoop of this protein I noticed increased recovery, which in turn lead to increased muscle. Overall, I found this to be an effective protein and it is just as effective as other whey protein isolates I have tried (Nutrabio, Magnum Nutraceuticals, Man Sports and Legion).

I could only find this in one place and that was from Staunch Nutrition's website. It retails for $39.00 making it $1.33 per serving. However, you can buy two and three bottles at a time to save some money. The two bottles brings it down to $1.25 per serving and three bottle it is $1.16 per serving. Comparing this to other isolate proteins Dymatize ISO100 goes for $0.99 per serving, BSN Syntha 6 Isolate is $1.12 per serving, BPI Sports ISO HD is $1.30 per serving and Nutrabio Whey Protein Isolate is $1.38 per serving. I think this product is competitively priced especially since it tastes a lot better than other proteins I have had. That includes all of the ones I price compared it to. So, I am willing to spend the extra money and this may very well become my protein of choice.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, I enjoyed my time with Staunch Nutrition Whey Isolate. It tasted really good but did have a slight chemical aftertaste. I found it to be very effective and was on par with previous whey protein isolates I have tried. It is competitively priced but please read the next section to see why the value score is so low. I would recommend giving this protein a try but beware of the "special offers" while checking out.

Wait, Why Is the Value Score So Low?
As previously mentioned, I accidently bought this protein and that was due to a "special offer" while checking out. For most online purchases, I will checkout with paypal and that is what I did here. If you have not used paypal before you are usually directed to the paypal website then directed back to the website of the place you are ordering from. Most places will drop you back onto the order page where you can review your order for the final time before submitting. Staunch redirected me to a page advertising their whey protein isolate as a "special offer" and while clicking through the page the order went right through including the protein. Now, I realize it was my fault for not fully reading the "special offer." The order completed rather than bringing me to a order finalization page, which I thought would occur. I did contact them but by the time they got back to me it had already shipped (they have really fast shipping), I could have returned it but I would have had to pay return shipping fees. I will note the only thing in my cart until the "special offer" was their pre workout. Due to this I have to knock the value down.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
  October 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • Good Pump
  • Great Energy
  • Good Focus
  • No Prop Blends
  • Limited Availability
  • The Scoopie Scoop
  • Okay Taste

I will be honest I never really looked at Nutrex products. I think I was just turned off by their old hemo rage ads with the "edgy" font, juiced up bodybuilder and not to mention those awful Vitrix ads. However, recently I have been seeing their products more and more with colorful bottles and more tasteful ads. I was intrigued when their outlift pre workout so when it came up for review I decided to try it.

Outlift Amped Cosmic Burst comes in a 20 serving container with each serving consisting of one scoop. The first pre workout ingredient is 8g of citrulline malate at a 2:1 ratio. The major benefit with citrulline malate is an increase in NO production leading to better pumps. In addition, because this has malate it can also reduce fatigue and muscle soreness. The dosage on this is really great and most pre workouts don't have close to this amount. This is followed by carnosyn beta-alanine at 3.2g dosage, which can blunt fatigue. This is the clinical dosage and I use it a lot with running but I haven't noticed too much benefit with it in the gym unless I am doing burnouts, supersets, or high reps. Next is 2.5g of betaine anhydrous, which can increase muscle fullness and size. You are getting the clinical dosage with this product. One thing to note is check other supplements to see if it has this as it can cause side effects at higher dosages (GI issues etc.). Next up you have creatine magnapower at 2g, which is supposed to have increased absorption over creatine monohydrate. However, I don't really buy into that and I would have rather had 3g of creatine monohydrate or 2g of creatine HCL (I would prefer creatine free in general). The next ingredient is 2g of taurine, which can help with recovery and increasing endurance.

The next ingredients fall under the nootropic, energy and absorption category. The first is 750 mg of n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, which has several benefits including boosting mood, focus, and alertness. This is followed by 500 mg of choline bitartrate, which again aids in focus while working out. Next is 350 mg of caffeine with 200mg coming from caffeine citrate, which is a fast acting caffeine and 150 mg from caffeine anhydrous. It is unique that this product uses two different caffeine sources. I will note that I do think the caffeine content is on the high side for me personally. After you have 50 mg of teacrine, which is a caffeine like metabolite that is touted to not have a tolerance build up like caffeine. Then there is 5mg of bioperine to increase absorption. Lastly, there is 1.5 mg of rauwolscine, which can aide in fat loss will training.

Overall, the ingredient profile is quite good with many of the ingredients having clinical dosages. I wish the creatine was either not there or used creatine mono/hcl in proper dosage. The caffeine is a little on the high side for me especially when combined with teacrine and rauwolscine.

When you first open the container you are hit with a starburst type smell. Looking at the picture on the bottle it is clear that is the flavor they are going for. It tastes almost like you took a package of starbursts and ate them all at the same time. Now, this might sound pretty good but there is a bitterness, which I think is from the teacrine. Overall, it was not bad and I was fine drinking it. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fine but there was a small amount of sediment on the bottom from what I presume was the creatine. As far as doing goes, I always took one scoop before my workout.

I want to make a mention here of the scoop. So, they went for this odd funnel scoop combo, which sounds great but it wasn't. The scoop would not always seal and it was hard to tell what an actual scoop was when attempting to use the funnel. Furthermore, it would get messy when trying to use it and some water bottles the funnel nozzle did not always fit or would get wet. If you want to see what it looks like (I cut the funnel off mine) it is called "the scoopie."

Nutrex Outlift Amped was an effective product. I want to rate the effectiveness based on the claims made by Nutrex about Outlift Amped. They claim that it promotes intense workout energy and I agree with that. I noticed that rather quickly after taking this I start to feel more energized and awake. I had to adjust when I took my pre workout because I usually drink it on the way to the gym then I do a 10 minute warm up. I noticed with this since it was more fast acting I would start drinking it when I was close to the gym and finish when I started my warm up. The energy would last for about two hours and drop rapidly after that leading to a mild crash. While working out the energy was quite good and I noticed that I sweat a lot more from what I presume was the rauwolscine. The first couple of times taking this the energy was a little overwhelming but as I got used to the product it was more even, so definitely assess your tolerance.

The next claim is amplified muscle pump and reduced fatigue. I definitely noticed a pump especially in my forearms and biceps. It was on par with other pre workouts that are dosed similar. As far as fatigue reduction went, I am not really sure how much I felt as I had a recovery supplement and protein at the time. I will note I did not see an improvement when taking this but I also did not see a drop in recovery. Lastly they claim enhanced power and strength, which I felt was there. However, I think a lot of it was due to the increased focus I had while lifting. I know sometimes when I go to the gym I just end up going through the motions but with this I was able to maintain my concentration, motivation, and focus.

Nutrex Outlift Amped goes for $39.97 making it $2.00 per serving. Comparing this to other popular pre workouts, Pre Kaged goes for $1.80 per serving and Pre Jym is $1.78 per serving. AthElite Nutrition Train is $1.71 per serving when using a coupon code. Cellucor C4 Ultimate is $2.00 per serving but can go lower with larger bottles. Overall, it is on the expensive side for a pre workout. The major thing is to look at the ingredients of the other preworkouts and decide which is more appealing to you.

Side Effects

I only experienced a minor crash and a headache every once and awhile after my workouts using this product.

Conclusion

Nutrex Outlift Amped was an effective pre workout supplement with an okay candy flavor. I did have some crashes and a headaches at times with the product. However, I noticed increase focus, energy, and muscle pumps that really helped my training. It is on the expensive side but definitely worth a try if you are looking for a pre workout to try. Thank you to Nutrex for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  September 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Drop Water Weight
  • Smooth Energy
  • Appetite Suppressant
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Jitters
  • Caffeine Dosage On High Side

Fat burners are something that I have taken over the years with minimal success. This is mostly because I don't always alter my diet and rely too heavily on the fat burner. So, when Alpha Shredder came up for review I decided that this time I would alter my diet while I took it. Here is the review.

Each bottle of Alpha Shredder contains 30 servings that consist of three capsules. Each three pill serving contains vitamin B6 at 1.4 mg and vitamin B12 at 23 mcg. I will note that the B12 is in the prefered methylcobalamin form. Following these there is 300 mg of caffeine anhydrous, which increases energy and has fat burning effects. I will note that for me this was a high dose especially when factoring in the dosing (3-6 pills per day). The next ingredient is 650 mg of L-Carnitine, which the major fat burning claim with that is turning fat cells into energy. I would have rather seen a different form of L-Carnitine such as ALCAR or LCLT. This is followed by green tea extract at a 250 mg dosage. The main benefits to green tea extract is fat burning and antioxidant effects. The next ingredient is green coffee bean extract at 200 mg dose. The main thing with green coffee bean extract is chlorogenic acid, which has been shown to reduce body weight in overweight people. Next, you have cayenne pepper at 75 mg dosage, which has been shown to have fat burning properties and fight inflammation. This is followed by 50 mg of Advantra Z, which is a patented fat burning ingredient containing citrus aurantium also referred to as bitter orange extract. This has been shown to improve athletic performance, stimulate thermogenesis, reduce weight, and suppress appetite. The next ingredient is 8 mg of yohimbine HCL, which is shown to increase fat loss and improve men's libido. I will note that the dose here is high since many solo yohimbine HCL products only contain 2.5 mg while this has 8. Bioperine is the next ingredient at a 5 mg dosage and the main benefit here is increased absorption of the other ingredients. The last three ingredients include 200 mg of dandelion root, which is a diuretic. Matcha green tea at a 200 mg dosage and MCT oil at a 200 mg dosage.

Overall, I liked the ingredient profile but I do think for me personally the caffeine content was too high. The yohimbine dosage could be a problem for some especially when using max dosage since it would end up being 16 mg. I know I would side effects at that dosage.

Taste and mixability do not apply to this product. In terms of dosing, I mostly used three pills per day, either all at once or spread out. I prefered to do two in the AM and then one late morning. This would allow me to still use my preworkout later in the day without consuming too much caffeine. I did attempt the maximum dosage "for best results" according to Alpha Lion but it was too much. So, I stuck to the three per day.

Throughout the course of the bottle my macros were roughly 2057 calories, 57g of fat, 207g of carbohydrates and 179g of protein. They were a little higher at the start of the bottle but lowered as I was using it. I started at 225 and ended the bottle at 218. I was happy with this since I did go on vacation towards the end of the bottle. While on vacation I did not track my macros but instead made healthy eating choices. So, I was happy with the seven pounds that I lost. I do wonder though how much of it was actual water weight due to the diuretic in the product. My clothes were looser and I would estimate that I dropped a half a pant size. I do think that I may have gained some weight back on vacation but the product was still effective.

I did use this a couple of times before fasted cardio. I definitely had an energy boost and sweat quite a bit. I only used this for gym cardio, which consists of 15 min on treadmill, elliptical, and stairmaster for a total of 45 minutes. I noticed that I felt like I could push myself a little harder due to the energy I had with Alpha Shredder. I did feel a little dehydrated after these cardio sessions probably due to the combination of the sweat and diuretic. I did try this once running on the trail but I had to cut the run short because I felt too dehydrated. I think that was a combination of this product and the amount of water I drank prior to the run. Overall, I did like it for cardio in an air conditioned environment.

Alpha Shredder retails for $37.99 making it $1.26 per serving. I do think that the price for this is fair since similar botique fat burners are around the same price. What I mean by boutique is a fat burner that is not widely available mostly sold on their own websites. Granite Supplements Lipocalypse is $49.99 making it $1.66 per serving (they recently raised the price of this by $14 for some reason). GHOST Infrared goes for $44.99 making it $1.49 per serving. Staunch Nutrition Burning Man goes for $39 making it $1.30 per serving. So, when comparing Alpha Shredder to other boutique fat burners it is quite competitive. Now, you can get fat burners for a lot cheaper on bodybuilding.com but to be honest they are rather cookie cutter. Look at the top fat burners on there and most are the "promoted" bodybuilding.com brands with sketchy reviews. Personally, I prefer to try the boutique fat burners and Alpha Shredder is definitely worth a try.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, Alpha Shredder is an effective fat burner. I lost seven pounds and about a half a pant size. I did go on vacation while taking the product so my results would have probably been better if I was home but I was still happy with the results. This is priced competitively when comparing it to other boutique fat burners and is actually cheaper than most of them. Thank you to Alpha Lion for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  September 21, 2017

• Improved Recovery
  • Light On Stomach
  • Gluten Free
  • Lactose Free
  • Okay Taste
  • A Little Pricey

I have seen Magnum Nutraceuticals products over the years but never tried them. They always seemed to have interesting profiles especially there preworkout, Limitless. So, when they put up their protein powder for review I wanted to try it to get a feel for the company.

Each scoop of the salted freakin' caramel of Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro has 140 calories, 1g of fat, 2g of carbohydrates, and 30g of protein. The protein source in this product is a blend of four different whey protein isolates. You have whey protein isolate (90%), milk protein isolate (90%), micellar casein "isolate" (it says isolate on the side of the bottle but not in ingredients) and egg protein isolate. I like how there are multiple sources of protein but I will note I did not notice a difference over just straight whey protein isolate. The rest of the ingredients are standard to what you would find in a protein powder. I will note that some of the ingredients are labeled as organic such as organic cane sugar and flaxseed. This also has bromelain for digestion and is sweetened with sucralose. One of the great things about this product is that it is lactose free, gluten free, and nut free. I personally like the ingredient profile especially since it has a slightly higher protein count.

I received the salted freakin' caramel version of Quattro. I would always use a blender bottle with a blender ball and after mixing it would have a slightly chalky vanilla caramel smell. When you first drink you are hit with an almost milky vanilla taste that is followed by a salty taste (in a good way) then a caramel aftertaste. I will be honest I thought it was just okay but bear in mind I prefer chocolate for a protein powder flavor. So, if you love vanilla and caramel this could be worth a try for you. The flavor was by no means bad it was just not for me. I will say it definitely was above average and I would say better than Nutrabio flavoring. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fine but there were some particles still left over I could feel as I drank it. As far as dosing goes, I really just used it to fill my protein macros so it really depended, it usually was one scoop a day. I will note that if you use more than 8 ounces of water I felt like it was too watered down, I usually stuck with 6-8 ounces.

Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro was definitely an effective protein powder. While taking it I noticed that I was recovering faster after my workouts. I have been doing an FST-7 workouts and I have been extremely sore. This product definitely helped me recover and gave me a clean protein source to use right after the gym. It was also light enough on my stomach that I was able to go running shortly (20-30 minutes) after taking it. Other protein powders will weigh me down and I will feel sluggish. The recovery aspect of the product really shined when I went on vacation without supplements. I continued with my training at a hotel gym and noticed I was a lot more sore than I usually am. This leads me to believe that Quattro was helping me recover. Granted, it could have been my diet was a little lax on vacation and I was not meeting my protein goals. But, still if this was the case then Quattro would still be effective in helping me reach my target protein macros.

I mentioned previously how light on the stomach this protein was. I did bring this on a long distance bike ride and drank it during the ride. With other proteins I have done this with I would sometimes feel weighed down and with this I never was. In terms of satiety, after two hours I was usually hungry again. Overall, a solid protein choice.

Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro currently goes for $38.71 for a 2 pound tub and $70.99 for a 4 pound tub on bodybuilding.com. This makes it $1.55 per serving or $1.39 per serving for the 4 pound tub. I will note that the flavors available in the 4 pound tubs are less than the 2 pound tubs. Comparing this to Nutrabio whey protein isolate, that retails for $39.99, which is $1.38 per serving for a 2 pound container. There are other isolates out there that are cheaper such as Iso-100, which is about $1.11 per serving ($0.99 if larger tub). However, many are not gluten free, lactose free, nut free, and kosher like Quattro is. I am unsure if the nut free means it is made in a nut free facility or contains no nut products. I will note that I rarely see magnum nutraceuticals products go on sale. I think this product is a little pricey but I would pay it depending on my supplement budget for the month.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, Magnum Nutraceuticals Quattro is an effective protein supplement. It is on the pricey side but it is high quality. It has some unique features being lactose free, gluten free, nut free and kosher. The taste of the salted freakin' caramel was just okay but vanilla and caramel lovers may really enjoy it. I would like to thank Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to Eternal Labs for sending it out!
  September 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Pump
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Increased Strength
  • Some Ingredients Need To Be Dosed Higher

Recently, I have been looking more into supplements that are naturally sweetened so when I saw Eternal Labs put up their pump supplement it intrigued me. I can't remember the last pump supplement I have taken but I wanted to give it a go. I will note that this is actually marketed as a stimulant free pre workout. Here is the review for Juicy by Eternal Labs.

At first glance one might think that Juicy had a proprietary blend. It does not and lists the ingredients and their amounts on the label. There are 30 servings (scoops) in each tub and each serving is 5.2 g. This product is naturally sweetened with organic stevia, which I liked. The ingredients start out with 2.5 g of Hydromax (65% glycerol powder). I will not there is a small typo on the label and it actually says "power." Glycerol powder has been shown to increase aerobic and anaerobic performance. In addition, it also aids in muscle pumps. There is one downside though as it can increase water retention. The next ingredient is Agmass Agmatine in a 1 g dosage. I really like the size of this dosage as many pump supplements only include 500 mg and here you are getting double that. Agmatine has multiple uses but the main benefit here is increased NO production. The next ingredient is 1 g of l-citrulline. I will be honest this is a pretty skimp dosage of citrulline. I know personally I do not notice much from l-citrulline unless it is at least 3 g. The major benefit to l-citrulline is an increase in NO production leading to more pumps. This is followed by 500 mg of beet root extract. The main benefit here is an increase in NO production due to the nitrate content of the beets. This was an interesting ingredient as I have experimented with beet juice in the past. The final ingredient is 200 mg of sodium chloride. This is salt, which can increase vascularity at least that is what I noticed with it especially in my forearms. I do like the ingredient profile but I do wish that it had slightly more l-citrulline other than that I was happy with it.

The flavor I received was peach mango and it was okay. You could definitely tell that it was sweetened with stevia. I felt like the flavor was almost a 50/50 to mango and peach. It was definitely above average for a naturally sweetened product. It had a different texture and was thicker than most pre workout products I have taken. I am presuming it is due to the glycerol as there seemed to be small floating particles I could feel in my mouth while drinking. It was by no means an issue just something I noticed. It did foam slightly when mixing but not enough to cause an issue. As far as dosing goes, I would either mix it with my pre workout or drink it right after. I stuck to one scoop and never saw the need to go above that even when taking this as a solo product with caffeine.

The two major claims of Eternal Labs Juicy is that in boosts strength and performance. I want to look at both claims and whether they were meet. Over the course of the bottle I noticed that I definitely got stronger. At the start of this product I started back up on an FST-7 type workout and noticed my strength dipped slightly due to increase in reps. As time went on I got stronger and eventually got close to where I was before starting FST-7. Now, some of that was probably diet and time but I do think this helped. For example, I usually jump 10 pounds on cable flyes for each set but adding in seven sets (was 3-4 previously) this was not the case. By the end of the container I was able to jump by 7.5 pounds. In addition, I don't know about you all but when I have a really good pump in the gym I just feel stronger. So, I think this helped in that regard as well since pump wise this was great.

In terms of endurance, if you have ever read my previous reviews you would know that I run quite frequently. One of the major things I noticed was an increase in hydration. In the Summer months, I always get drained when I run due to sweating. I noticed when taking Juicy I was thirsty less during my runs. This in turn let me run farther due to an increase in endurance. I only noticed this on long distance runs. On sprints (HIIT), I did not notice too much of an endurance increase. I can only presume I was sweating more during HIIT and even with the boost from Juicy it wasn't enough. I will note my legs did look a lot more pumped after my runs especially my calves. Overall, I was happy with the strength and endurance I had while taking this product.

Juicy retails for $39.99 making it $1.33 per serving. Comparing this to other similar pump products Core Nutritionals Pump retails for 39.99 for 28 servings making it $1.43 per serving. Man Sports Pump Powder retails for 29.99 and is $1.00 per serving. Hemavol is 29.99 for 16 servings making is $1.87 per serving. So, Juicy kind of falls in the middle of price for similar products in the market. If I was looking to buy a pump product Juicy would be one that I would look at. I think the major thing is to look at the ingredients and see which you personally prefer. For me personally, I don't think I would get a pump product as I would rather use my supplement budget on something else or even food.

Side Effects

The only side effect I noticed was a slight increase in water retention. This retention ceased when completed the container. This was expected based on my past experiences with glycerol.

Conclusion

Eternal Labs Juicy is an effective stimulant free preworkout/pump product. I noticed an increase in strength and endurance in both the gym and on the trail. In terms of value, it is competitively priced falling in the mid range of similar products. As far as taste goes it was just okay but above average for naturally sweetened products. This is definitely worth a try as a stimulant free pre workout and/or a pump product as an addition to a preworkout. Thank you for Eternal Labs for sending out the product and I apologize that the review took so long to finish.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!
  August 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Great Pick Me Up Alternative
  • Versatile
  • Prop Blend
  • Did Not Like The Taste
  • PWO Components May Be Underdosed
  • Mediocre Taste
  • No Sugar Free Version

After having a good experience with VITAL 4U multivitamin, I wanted to give their ready to drink (RTD) energy supplement a try. I am always looking to try different products especially RTD ones such as this. Here is the review.

Each package of Screamin Energy Ultra comes in 12 ready to drink (RTD) pouches. Each pouch is a single serving. I will note that this product does contain 13g of carbohydrates from sucrose. I originally missed that it had the sucrose but after tasting it, I noticed a sugary aftertaste and saw it on the ingredient panel. So, just be aware of it, those 13g of carbohydrates equate to 50 calories. The first vitamin ingredient is thiamin at a 1.5 mg dosage, which is 100% daily value. Thiamine can help with metabolism, immunity, and cardiovascular support. The next vitamin is niacin at 10 mg, which is 50% daily value. Niacin can aid in ED, skin health, brain function and improve cholesterol levels. The next ingredient is vitamin b6 at 2 mg dosage, which is 100% daily value. Vitamin B6 can improve mood, support the brain and eye health, and help with high blood pressure. The last vitamin ingredient is vitamin b-12 in the cyanocobalamin form at 24 mcg, which is 400% daily value. The main benefit to vitamin b-12 is increased energy levels, mood boost, and digestion aid. The vitamin ingredients in this product were pretty well dosed.

After the vitamin ingredients, you have alpha-GPC at a 25 mg dose. This particular ingredient can aid power output, an acute increase in growth hormone, and reduction in cognitive decline. The main issue here is that the 25 mg dose is way below effective dosages. The most common dosages used are 300-600 mg with 1200 mg being used for cognitive decline. I have to doubt that this will be much at a 25 mg dosage. The proprietary "Ultra Power Blend" follows this ingredient at a 551 mg dose. This consists of taurine, caffeine, L-Arginine AKG 2:1 and yohimbine HCL. The main issue with the proprietary blend is half of it is underdosed. There is 185 mg of caffeine in the product, which leave 366 mg left in the proprietary blend. At 366 mg the only other ingredient that could be close to clinical dosage is yohimbine HCL. As for the taurine and l-arginine AKG 2:1, they are much underdosed and will not have much benefit at this dosage. Overall, the ingredient profile is underwhelming but that was rather expected for RTD products. Most RTD products especially energy ones are underdosed in comparison to powdered versions.

Screamin Energy ULTRA comes in French caramel coffee as its only flavor. The flavor was honestly just okay. It definitely had a coffee flavor but I did not get much caramel. When you first take it, you are hit with a coffee flavor that dissipates into this odd sugary chemical type taste. I rather expected this based on similar packaged products I had. Overall, I did not look forward to taking this but the taste was bearable. Mixability does not come into play with this product but I will mention that it comes in 12 RTD pouches. As far as dosing goes, I really used one pouch as a coffee alternative and a boost before hiking or running at the park.

For an RTD energy product, I found this to be effective. It was a good coffee replacement that I felt had versatile uses. As I mentioned in previous reviews I do a lot of running at a park and this was perfect for that. I would usually take this on the way to the park or when I got there. It would kick in rather quickly (on empty stomach) and would last for the duration of my run. I noticed that I was able to run a little faster and I was not out of breath as quickly with just coffee. The energy would last through the entire run and would continue for about two hours after. I did try this before a weight-training workout and I thought it was just okay. I would not use this as a preworkout replacement but if you are only using coffee this could be a step up.

There was another way I found this to be effective and that was the convenience of the product. I was able to have an energy boost without the need for water or a bottle. I went camping overnight and this product came in handy without needing to heat water for coffee. I also had a spur of the moment workout where this came in handy. This honestly is one of those products to have on hand when you need convenient energy but the price is high.

The cheapest that I could find this was from Vital4U website where it retails for $21.00 with free shipping. This comes to $1.75 per pouch. This is on the expensive side. To put it into perspective I pay $.43 for coffee pods and $.80 for espresso pods. For a few cents more, you can get Pre Kaged ($1.80) or Pre Jym ($1.78). However, all of these you would need water to mix. The value comes down to whether or not you want to convenience of the RTD pouch. Personally, I could see myself having a case that I would take if I were going camping or long hikes.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Screaming Energy Ultra is an effective energy boosting product that is very convenient. As far as performance goes it is more effective than coffee. However, it comes at a high price that could potentially be worth it if you want the convenience of the RTD pouch. I would like to thank Vital4U for sending the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to AthElite Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Increase In Endurance
  • Natural Source Of Caffeine
  • Stevia
  • Half Clinical Dosage Of Beta Alanine

One of the great benefits to being a Trooper is the opportunity to try out newer products. Awhile back, I was looking through the bodybuilding.com Train Magazine and saw an ad for AthElite Train and it caught my eye. The profile looked intriguing to me with it being sweetened with stevia and including l-theanine along with caffeine. So, when I had a chance to give it a try I claimed it and here is the review.

AthElite Train comes in a relatively small can with 21 servings. Each serving is about 18 grams and they recommend one scoop per day. I will note that one-scoop servings does have 30 calories and 7 carbohydrates and it appears to be from dextrose. The first is ingredient is 220 mg of vitamin C, which is an antioxidant and can aid the immune system and in recovery. The next ingredient is niacin at 35 mg. The main benefit of niacin is vascularity and a potential increase in HGH production. It then includes vitamin B6 at a 15 mg dosage, which can help with homocysteine levels, improve mood, and blood pressure. The last vitamin ingredient is vitamin b-12 at 100 mcg in the cyancobalamin form, which can aid in energy production, help the digestive system, and can boost mood. Following that is has several minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium I presume to aid in hydration.

Following the vitamin ingredients, you have several of the main ingredients you find in your traditional pre workout. The first is 3g of fermented l-leucine. L-leucine is one of the branch chain amino acids that can aid in muscle recovery. In essence, it works by competing with the uptake of tryptophan in the brain when working out. This can lead to a reduction in fatigue, which in turn can help your performance in the gym. Following this, you have 3g of micronized creatine monohydrate. This is a good dosage and it is at the dosage I use when I take creatine. The main benefit to creatine is a rise in creatine levels, which in turn can aid in energy production within the body. Following this, you have 1.6g of carnosyn beta alanine. I was surprised by this dosage, as it is half the clinical dosage. I looked at AthElite website and it appears they are coming out with other products (intra and post) so I am presuming the other 1.6g might be in those. This is not surprising since both Kaged Muscle and Jym do this as well. Beta alanine can blunt fatigue and work as an acid buffer. The next ingredient is nitrosigine at the clinical 1.5 g dosage. This ingredient can aid in NO production and has cumulative effects overtime. Following this, you have 500 mg of n-acety-l-carnitine, which can aid with recovery and energy production. The one thing I will mention is that the clinical dosage is 600-2500 mg, which you are only getting 500 mg here. Next, you have green coffee bean extract yielding 250 mg of caffeine. This form of caffeine is from a natural source as opposed to synthetic. Personally, I prefer natural sources of caffeine, as I feel better on them and crash less. This is followed by 250 mg of l-theanine, which can aid in focus and concentration as well as smoothing out the feel caffeine. Then there is 10 mg of black pepper fruit extract, which is supposed to help with absorption of the ingredients. Lastly, there is 5 mg of huperzia serrata aerial parts extract yielding 50 mcg of huperzine a. Huperzine A can aid in focus while you are working out. Overall, I like the ingredient profile but I would have liked to see a full dosage of beta alanine and another pump agent.

AthElite Train currently only comes in one flavor and that is cherry limeade and I found it to be quite good. It tasted almost identical to Pre JYM cherry limeade but had those stevia undertones. Definitely be aware that you can tell that this is sweetened with stevia. Personally, this is not a problem with me as it is something I look for at times. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fairly well but there was some grit on the bottom. I am presuming it is from the micronized creatine monohydrate. I would just give it a quick mix every time I took a sip. Just to note I would always mix it in a blender bottle with 20 ounces of water and ice. As far as dosing goes, I just did one scoop a day before either my weight training or cardio. I did not feel the need to split the dosage with this product as I did with other pre workouts I have tried.

For the effectiveness, I decided to discuss four areas that AthElite Nutrition claim that Train can improve. They are intense energy, heightened focus, improved muscular endurance, and pump. When I took this, I really liked how it made me feel, I was not overly energized and it was smooth. I would feel it about 20-30 minutes are taking it and would last for about two hours and I would drop slowly. I never felt a crash off this and I still had some energy that I believe benefited me when I would go to the park after the gym. In this regard, I think it out performed other pre workouts such as Dymatize PWO and Pre Jym. Both of those I felt had a harsh caffeine feel and I would crash if taking full dosage acutely. I also noticed that I had a lot more focus over when I would just train with coffee. I would be more focused on my workout and less about everything going on outside the gym (or park). The focus felt similar to other pre workouts I have taken.

I recently added in more supersets and higher reps to my workouts so endurance has been an issue. I felt that this pre workout aided with endurance but it was not as pronounced as other preworkouts. I would really feel the burn sometimes when I was running with this product and I think that had to do with half the clinical dosage of beta alanine. It still definitely helped but not as much as other preworkouts or bulk beta alanine has in the past. The pump with this product was average. It was definitely a step above coffee but it was more of a flat pump if that makes any sense. I was definitely pumped but not to the level as I have been in the past using some other pre workouts. In recent memory, pre kaged gave me the best pump. This was still definitely good but not as good as others were in the past. Overall, this was an effective pre workout but I do wish it had more beta alanine and perhaps an additional pump agent.

In terms of value, it currently retails for $45.00 from AthElite Nutrition website making it $2.14 per serving. However, when ordering direct you can get 20% off and free shipping bringing it to $36.00 per bottle at $1.71 per serving. At this price, it is much more competitive and has decent value. Comparing this to other pre workouts, Pre Kaged goes for $1.80 per serving and Pre Jym is $1.78 per serving. There are a few differences between these, most notably JYM and Kaged use creatine HCL while Train uses creatine monohydrate. Both Kaged and Jym use citrulline or citrulline malate as their pump agent while Train uses nitrosigine. The big thing is to look at the profiles and see the ingredients you would rather have in your pre workout. Personally, I would probably interchange between Pre-Kaged and Train, as I prefer natural caffeine sources.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

I enjoyed my time with AthElite Train and will be trying it again along with the other supplements AthElite Nutrition releases. I do wish that it had a full clinical dosage of beta alanine and maybe another pump agent. However, this product was effective for increased energy, focus, endurance, and pumps. It may not be the best out there but it definitely was above average. In my eyes, the value is there but I really think that with this product it is very subjective. I do recommend giving it a try. I would like to thank AthElite Nutrition for sending the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler

August 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Comes In Three Bites
  • Protein Bar Aftertaste
  • Sucralose
  • Dyes

I am always willing to try different protein bars especially when they have a unique twist. So, after seeing several ads for the Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites I wanted to try them. So, here is the review of a box of birthday cake flavored bites.

For the ingredient section, I am going to focus on the birthday cake flavor as that is the box I had. Just bear in mind that each flavor of the product has slightly different macros. The birthday cake flavor has 240 calories, 7g of fat (4g of saturated fat), 25g of carbohydrates, and 20g of protein. The protein source is a blend of milk protein concentrate, whey protein isolates, and milk protein isolates. The main thing I want to mention is this bar as many ingredients that are typical of standard protein bars. So, if someone was looking for a more" natural" bar similar to Luna, EPIC, or Strong Bars I would look elsewhere. While the cake bites, bars are great they have many artificial ingredients including dyes and sucralose. Personally, this is not an issue for me and I will most likely buy the product again.

I had a box of the birthday cake flavor and some individual bars of the red velvet flavor and both were quite good. Each individual package comes with three bites with all of them being a serving. They are about the size of a peppermint patty but a lot thicker. The birthday cake bite has sprinkles on the outside while the red velvet is solid white. The birthday cake has a distinct vanilla flavor when you first bite into it followed by a good representation of a cake flavor. I will note that the texture is very reminiscent of a protein bar. The box says that they are whipped but this did not seem the case to me. As for the red velvet, they have a white exterior with a red color inside. These had a similar texture and vanilla taste that the birthday cake bites had. However, they did have that simulated red velvet taste. Both were quite good but I think I prefer the birthday cake and any future boxes I order will be of those. I will note that these do have that protein bar aftertaste. Overall, they were quite good and I enjoyed them. As far as dosing goes, I usually just had a package a day but it depended on my macros. I do like how they come in three bites so I could always save some bites for later in the day.

It is a challenge to rate the effectiveness of these as I only had one box. In addition, I look at protein bars and powders as food so noting a difference is difficult. I will say that having replaced a protein shake with these I did not notice a decrease in my baseline performance. This leads me to believe that this is an effective protein supplement. In previous reviews, I have mentioned that I will go the gym then to the park to run. I enjoyed having these so I could eat them on the way to the park. I noticed more energy than with my regular protein shake I would do. I figure that is probably due to the carbohydrates in the product. I felt like I was able to run a little longer and had a little more energy in reserve when I finished.

Optimum Nutrition markets these as a "sensible snack" and that is where I think the product is most effective. Before I started tracking my macros my biggest issue, was night eating and snacking. Once I began to track my macros, it was hard at times to not fall back into that routine of snacking/night eating. Using the Optimum Nutrition cake bites helped quite a bit. The main reason was they are split into three small servings. So, what I would is spilt up the bites and save some later in the day when I would want to eat past my macros. Since these were already portioned and factored into my daily macro totals, they were fine to eat and curbed my hunger. This is the major reason that I would buy these again and I think for this purpose they are definitely worth trying.

In terms of value, these retail for $19.99 for 12 packs making them $1.67 per serving. However, I have seen these on sale quite a lot and currently on bodybuilding.com, they are 20% off making them $15.99 per box or $1.33 per serving. At this price, it is definitely worth it especially since one serving is portion to the three bites. In the past when I tried to portion regular protein, bars I would just end up eating the whole thing with these I did not. Comparing these to other bars, they are cheaper as most bars retail for $24.99 for 12 making them $2.08 per serving. FIT Crunch, OhYeah!, MyBar and several others are $24.99. I think the value is definitely high with the Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Optimum Nutrition Cake Bites are a unique take on the protein bar. The macros I felt were adequate for my needs but be aware that some flavors differ. They taste quite good but do have a protein bar aftertaste. They were most effective for curbing hunger as a small snack since each serving is split into three bites. In terms of value, they are cheaper than most protein bars and are frequently on sale. These are definitely worth a try if you are looking to try something different in the protein bar category.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to IdealRaw for sending it out!
  July 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Caffeine Content Listed
  • Scoop
  • Organic
  • Silicon Dioxide

One of the great things about the trooper program is the ability to try different and unique supplements. So, when IdealRaw (part of the Hut Group) put up their organic Matcha Tea I had to try it. I had heard about the unique benefits of matcha so I wanted to put it to the test. Here is the review.

Each container of IdealRaw Matcha Tea comes in 30 servings at 2.5g each. In each scoop, there are 5 calories, 0 fat, 1 carbohydrate, 0 protein, and 70mg of caffeine. It is important to note that this product contains a scoop, as most other matcha products do not. In addition, some matchas do not make their caffeine content clear this one does. There are two ingredients and one is organic matcha green tea powder, which is culinary grade and silicone dioxcide. Before I go into the matcha I want to touch on the silicone dioxide. Silicone dioxcide is a natural compound of silicon and oxygen. It is present naturally in many foods we eat and is mostly used as a food additive. The primary purpose is to prevent clumping. I will note that studies on the safety of it show no health risk. I understand why IdealRaw put the silicone dioxide in the product but most other matcha products are pure with only one ingredient. I would have preferred a pure product.

Matcha tea is concentrated powdered green tealeaves rather than the loose green tea leaves in a bag like traditional tea. To my knowledge, there are two types of matcha tea they are ceremonial grade and culinary grade. IdealRaw uses culinary grade matcha tea. The major differences between them is ceremonial is strictly for drinking and has a sweeter mild flavor. Culinary grade can be used for drinking, cooking, and baking and has a less sweet taste. Matcha teas benefits are similar to that of green tea but is supposed to be enhanced since it is a concentrated version. It may help prevent certain cancers such as bladder, breast, and prostate. One example is a 22% lowered chance of breast cancer in women who drank green tea (1). Matcha tea can also aid in fat loss, recovery, energy booster and much more. I liked the ingredient profile especially the matcha tea as someone who regularly drinks regular green tea.

In terms of taste, you have to be aware that when you buy matcha it is going to taste slightly different from regular green tea. Matcha has a very earthy taste, as it is ground tealeaves so you get that tea taste along with that grass like taste. It also is a lot richer and thicker than regular tea from teabags. I personally prefer matcha tea. I was able to mix this in cold water but you really have to stir. I mostly would put it in a blender bottle with the whisk ball and it mixed fairly well. There was always some residue on the bottom but I would shake up the bottle and that mixed it back into the liquid. As far as dosing goes, I used this as a coffee alternative. I normally would do a scoop or two throughout the day.

It is hard to rate the effectiveness of this product since it does not really have a defined purpose as it has more general usage. So, I will rate it as a coffee alternative. Then I will talk about one aspect of the product that I felt over the course of the bottle. As a coffee alternative, I felt like this product was very effective. It gave me energy that lasted for several hours after taking it. The energy was not over the top as sometimes it is with coffee. Sometimes when I have coffee and espresso I will be hit with a caffeine rush and crash quickly. However, with the matcha tea it was a more stable energy that tapered off. I also used this before some cardio and I thought it was on par with coffee for that since my recent cardio has been more HIIT so it is shorter. Overall, matcha is something I would keep around to switch it up when I get bored of coffee on some days.

A major aspect of this I noticed was the energy I got from this was more calming in a sense. I was energized but it was much smoother. I think this had to do with the fact that there is high levels of theanine in matcha tea. You will see that in some energy supplements and nootropics they include theanine along with their caffeine. I find this to be preferred because it blunts the harshness of the caffeine and gives it a smooth feel.

IdealRaw Organic Matcha retails for $22.99 making it $.76 per scoop. However, you can buy three tubs for $59.99 making it $.66 per scoop. Comparing this to other Matcha Teas, Jade Leaf on Amazon goes for $18.95 and at a similar dosage to IdealRaw you are looking at $.37 per serving. I will note this comes in 100 1/2 tsp servings with each serving coming to $.18 but you need two servings to equal the amount in IdealRaw hence the $.37. Zen Spirit Matcha goes for $22.79 making it $.69 per serving. Ujido Matcha is $24.00 making it $.47 per serving. IdealRaw Matcha is more expensive than other Matcha Teas on the market. However, it does come with a scoop and most do not. I also noticed most other Matcha Teas do not have the food additive silicone dioxide while IdealRaw does. Overall, I think there are cheaper options and the scoop is not worth the extra price.

Quick comparison to coffee, I currently pay $.43 for coffee pods, which is cheaper than IdealRaw matcha. My Espresso pods are actually more expensive and they are $.80 per pod.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, I enjoyed idealRaw Matcha. I felt like it was an effective coffee alternative and gave me a smooth energy. This does contain a filler of silicone dioxide that I wish was not in the product, as other matcha teas do not include this. In addition, it is more expensive than other products but does include a scoop. The only reason I could see purchasing this over other matcha products is if you are invested in the IdealRaw brand and prefer a scoop. I would like to thank IdealRaw for sending the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

(1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16311246