Xcmiler

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Xcmiler

Overall
Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  April 6, 2018

• Good Recovery
  • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
  • Nice Labeling
  • Hydration
  • Dyes
  • Hard To Scoop

Steel Fit is a company that I had never heard of until they began to participate with the Troop program. I was drawn to this particular product, Steel Fuel, due to the inclusion of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate and the nice labeling. Here is the review.

Steel Fuel comes in a 30 serving container with each serving consisting of one scoop. The first major ingredients are 2500 mg of l-leucine,1250 mg of l-isoleucine, and 1250 mg of l-valine. These three amino acids make up the branch chain amino acids and can aid in recovery. Next up you have 1000 mg of l-citrulline malate, which can aide with NO production. Next, you have 300 mg of l-glutamine and 150 mg of l-glycine. I will note on the dosages here these are the amounts found in Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate that I will mention later. Then you have 1000 mg of taurine, 250 mg of raw coconut powder, 200 mg of sodium chloride, and 160 mg of potassium citrate. These all make up the hydration matrix, which I am glad they included (more on that later).

The most unique ingredient in the profile and the one that caught my eye was Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate also known as MGG. The breakdown of MGG is 50mg of magnesium, 300mg of glutamine, and 150mg of glycine. This ingredient has been shown to increase LBM by 7.04 pounds in a study mentioned in the patent for MGG. The study was conducted over 8 weeks and participants took 400mg of MGG. Steel Fuel contains 500 mg dosage of MGG.

Overall, I like the ingredient profile especially the inclusion of MGG. My only issue with it is the dyes, which I felt were on the heavy side.

Steel Fuel comes in three flavors, they are grape soda, watermelon lemonade, and Blue Raspberry. I received the watermelon lemonade and it was quite good. I got almost a candy watermelon flavor from it similar to watermelon jolly ranchers. There was a slight lemonade taste that added some tartness to the flavor. I also got kind of a creamy type taste from it, which I did not expect. Overall, I really enjoyed the flavor. In terms of mixability, I would use 1-1.5 scoops in about 28 ounces of water. It mixed fine and had minimal foaming. In terms of dosing, I took this on workout days either intra or post workout. I will note that the container is on the small side. The reason I bring this up is as I got towards the bottom of the container it became harder to scoop. It was not a big deal but something I noticed while taking.

The two major areas that I felt Steel Fuel helped in are recovery and hydration. In terms of recovery, this was most notable due to my workout change. I recently have had to cut back on the days I go to the gym and have gone with a 4 day a week routine. Due to this, I have had to combine certain days. For example, I am currently doing Back/Biceps and Chest/Triceps. What I noticed at first is that I was really sore after starting this change as the intensity of my workouts has increased. I noticed that Steel Fuel took the edge off when it came to soreness and improved my recovery. It was not mind blowing, but the best way to compare it would be if my soreness was an 8/10 this dropped it to around 6.5-7/10. Again, not huge but if you add it up over the course of the bottle it can add up.

In terms of hydration, I noticed that I felt the need to drink less water when I was consistently supplementing with this product. I also noticed I was less thirsty during my workouts and runs. The effects were very similar to what I felt when I was taking Xtend consistently. Overall, Steel Fuel was a nice addition to my supplements over the course of the bottle.

Steel Fuel retails for $29.95 and it is only available direct or on Amazon where the price was the same. You are looking at about $.99 per serving. Comparing this to other BCAA products Xtend BCAA is $0.93 per serving. Cellucor Alpha Amino is $0.83 per serving. VMI Sports Aminogex is about the same price ($.99) but I have seen it lower than that. Overall, I do think Steel Fuel is competitively priced. One of the main draws of this product is Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate, which you do not see often. Aminogex is the only other product with it I have seen in the BCAA/Intra category. I could see myself interchanging between Steel Fuel and Aminogex when I want to try different flavors. I would look at each label and see what other ingredients you would want and decide from there.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Steel Fuel was an effective product that tasted great. I liked the ingredients especially the inclusion of the MGG. My two gripes with the product are the container is too small and the heavy use of dyes. However, these won't stop me from using the product again and I will be trying the other flavors. I do recommend giving it a try.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to ProSupps for sending it out!
  April 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fits Into Macros Easily
  • Snicker Doodle Was Great
  • Gluten Free
  • Poor Texture
  • Bad Smell On Some Of The Flavors

Update 04/09/2018:
@BigHoop65 Give it a try because maybe it might resonate with you but honestly I doubt it haha. I mean that flavor was just something else.
-----

I haven't really used MySupps products before but I have been interested in their cookies for awhile. I never got around to purchasing them so when they showed up on the Tropper Program I had to try them. Here is the review.

Update 04/09/2018:
-----

ProSupps MyCookie comes in seven flavors they are Iced Lemon Pound Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, White Chip Chocolate, Carrot Cake, and Snickerdoodle. The macros on each cookie are the same and one serving is a full cookie. I liked that they did this because other similar products will show half the cookie as a serving. Each cookie contains 290 calories, 8g of fat (3g saturated), 36g of carbohydrates (4g fiber and 7g sugar), and 18g of protein. The label notes that this contains no trans fat, is gluten free, and uses no hydrogenated oils.

I received six of the seven flavors of the ProSupps MyCookie. I will go into detail about each flavor and then summarize my thoughts on the flavor and texture in this section. Just to get it out of the way, mixability does not apply and in terms of dosing I used these to fill my macros.

Iced Lemon Pound Cake (#6): This cookie has a VERY distinct lemon smell to it. It is white with a white icing on the top. When you first taste it you are hit with this very lemon taste that is almost too sharp. It is followed by a cream taste from these small cream chips it appears. After that taste these is an odd aftertaste that honestly was almost fishy. Texture wise it was like softer protein bar and I did not get any cookie type texture from it other than the shape. I did not enjoy this flavor.

Red Velvet Cake (#5): This cookie straight up smells like play-doh. It is a dark red, almost purple with cream icing. When you first taste you get this play-doh taste that is followed by an overtly sweet taste. This is then followed by a slightly mellow red velvet cake taste with hints of chocolate. Texture wise this again felt like a soft cookie shaped protein bar. I thought this flavor was just okay.

Chocolate Chip (#4): This cookie is a dark brown/tan color with what appears to be chocolate icing. I will be honest I get this chocolatey fish smell from the cookie. When you first taste it the cookie does not really have a taste then a slight cookie dough type flavor comes in. I did not get much chocolate from it and it is more cookie dough. Texture again was like a soft protein bar shaped like a cookie.

White Chip Chocolate (#3): This cookie is black with white icing across the top of it. It smelled like a typical protein chocolate protein bar. Taste wise this one is hard to place it was almost like creamy chocolate. This one was not bad and out of the previous three I just wrote about it is the better of them. Texture again was a soft protein bar shaped like a cookie.

Peanut Butter (#2): This cookie is tan brown with brown icing across the top of it. In terms of smell, it is a mix of fish, play-doh, and peanut butter. Just to make sure, I smelled coffee grinds before smelling this a second time and got the same aroma. When you first bite into this you get a mellow peanut butter taste that is followed by an almost creamy taste. Based on the initial smell I thought this would be awful but honestly I think it is the best one yet. Texture is the same as the other bars, I mean cookies.

Snickerdoodle (#1): This cookie is a tan with white icing and I also noticed some cinnamon throughout the top layer of the cookie. This flavor smells spot on and actually smells like a snickerdoodle cookie. I DO NOT get any of that fishy or play-doh smell I got from the others. When you first taste it you are almost hit with an oatmeal cinnamon type flavor. This is followed by a creamy taste and it finishes with that distinct snickerdoodle flavor. Texture wise this was actually closer to a cookie than any of the other bars by quite a large margin. This is definitely my favorite flavor and I could see myself trying this one again.

Overall, I was not too impressed with this product. Up until the snickerdoodle flavor these honestly felt like protein bars in cookie shape. The Snickerdoodle changed that it was the closest to a cookie. I will note that all flavors left that typical protein bar mouth feel after eating them. This was expected as I have noticed it with almost all protein bars I have tried.

To be honest in terms of macro filling this was an effective product. However, here is the thing I received 12 cookies in all and 2 of each of the flavors I mentioned before. Out of all of those flavors, I only wanted to eat one and that was the snickerdoodle. The others were just not that good and I did not enjoy eating them. If I had a box of 12 snickerdoodle this would be a different story. So, based on the flavors I got it was hard at times to actually eat these as they did not taste that great. Especially that lemon one, which was just awful. I think a product like this hinges on the flavor and texture since in order for it to be effective the user has to want to eat it. I really am having a hard time scoring this. My major recommendation is to maybe give these a try starting with the snickerdoodle flavor. Who knows, some users may like the other flavors but the only one I would use again is the snickerdoodle.

MyCookie retails for $24.99 for a box of 12 cookies making them $2.08 per cookie. Comparing this to other cookies Buff Bake cookies go for $22.99 for 12 making them $1.91 per cookie. Quest Cookies are currently going for $20.99 for a box of 12 making them $1.75 per cookie. Sinister Labs cookies are going for $24.90 for a box of 10 making them $2.49 per cookie. Lenny & Larry are going for $21.95 for a box of 12 making them $1.82 per serving. I do think that MyCookie is competitively priced but if one of the other cookies I listed here are your go to, I don't think you should switch. For people looking to try a protein cookie I would look at the macros, texture, and available flavors and try out a few different brands.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

I was not overly impressed with MyCookie and maybe it is because I went in with expectations too high. Based on texture these ended up feeling like protein bars in cookie form. The only flavor that was enjoyable was the snickerdoodle followed slightly by the peanut butter. I am unsure if I would try these again but I could see myself trying a new flavor. These might be worth a try but I would not commit to a box without trying the flavor first.

-Xcmiler

March 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vegetarian Capsule
  • Underdosed
  • Label Errors
  • Caused Nausea
  • Poor Vitamin Forms
  • Old Stock
  • Costumer Service

I am unsure if any of you have ever heard of Nutritox. They are a company that was either bought by or is affiliated with Man Sports. Now, probably a lot of you have heard of Man Sports as recently they have become more and more popular. I have used numerous products of theirs in the past and I was in the market for a multivitamin. I stumbled upon Nutritox when looking at Man Sports website and decided to pick up a few bottles to try. There are several types and the one I decided on was Nutritox Men's 2/Day Multi-Vitamin. Here is the review.

----Ingredien...

This particular version of their multivitamin comes in a 60 capsule that includes vegetarian capsules. I personally prefer vegetarian capsules to gelatin capsules used by other brands. Each serving consists of two capsules so you have 30 servings in each bottle.

I am not going to go into every ingredient in the multivitamin portion of the product. It does have all of your standard vitamins you traditionally see in a multivitamin. I will note that the forms of the multivitamins are rather subpar. For example, vitamin b12 is cyanocobalamin rather than the prefered methylcobalamin. The magnesium is a blend of magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate, the superior form listed second is the citrate. These are just a few but for a multivitamin marketed as a premium product it falls short with some of the vitamin forms.

They do include several unique underdosed ingredients that include saw palmetto berry extract. The dosage of this is 50 mg, the dosage most used with this ingredient is 160-320 mg. Next is panax ginseng root extract at a 25 mg dose. The dosage that I have seen on other supplements are 200-400 mg. Now, those two ingredients are in the vitamin portion of the ingredient label.

The following ingredients are in the underdosed "daily detox blend." First you have silymarin, which is from milk thistle at 40mg. You can get this ingredient on Amazon by NOW in a 240 mg dosage and the directions say to take 1-3 pills. So, one could conclude the recommended dosage is in the ballpark of 240-720 mg. Next you have "alpha lipoic" or "alpha lipoic acidalpha lipoic acid" at 25 mg. You might be asking why is it written odd well I have two bottles here with slightly different labels. I am going to presume that this is referring to Alpha-Lipoic Acid, which is most commonly dosed at 300-600mg. Then you have calcium d-glucarate at 25mg. The dosages I commonly see are 1500-3000 mg daily. Then you have turmeric root extract at 50 mg. The dosages I have seen used often are 500-1500mg. Then you have "N-Acetyl Cystein" or "N-Acetyl Cysteine" depending on the label at a 50 mg dosage. The clinical dosage is 600 mg. Lastly, you have you have inulin at 100 mg dosage. The recommended dosages I have seen of this ingredient are 5-40 GRAMS. As you can see everything in this blend is underdosed but it does come in a vegetarian capsule, for whatever that is worth.

I have two different types of bottles here and both have the same recommended dosage of two per day. That is what I took while I was taking this product. I will note that there were label changes and I uploaded pictures of the labels. There were also labeling errors on both labels, which to me shows low quality and poor proofing. I received two bottles with a manufacture date of 08/2015 and three bottles an expiration date of 8/20. I also uploaded a picture of the pills and there were clear differences with each. The 08/2015 MFG pills were lighter in color and the powder inside was more fine. The EXP date of 8/20 pills were darker and the bottle I opened had several broken pills. In addition, there were white chunks in some of the pills for what I hope was the filler ingredients.

Effectiveness and Side Effects

Since this isn't a Trooper review I will be changing up the format of the review and merging the effectiveness and side effect section. One of the reasons is due to me writing this review to share my experiences that includes significant side effects with the Nutritox Men's 2/Day Multi-Vitamin.

I purchased these vitamins this year at the end of January and received them in the first week of February. I had just finished taking a multivitamin I was reviewing and began to take these. At the time, I did not look at the dates on the bottle as I will be honest I trusted Man Sports. They are always talking about their "microbatch" and because they produce in small batches they are of higher quality. So, I thought that would be the case with this product. I was wrong.

After about a week of taking the product I noticed that I was rather nauseous after breakfast and lunch at times. Furthermore, I had this odd like uneasy feeling at times through the day. It is hard to describe kind of like you were mildly dizzy. It was not all the time but a decent amount of the time and I had thought I might be getting sick. However, due to how sporadic it was and I didn't end up getting sick, I thought it could be one of the supplements I was taking. So, I began to eliminate supplements what I was taking. It took awhile but eventually when I was nearing the end of the first bottle (08/2015 bottle) did I eliminate the multivitamin. Then my symptoms slowly went away. So, I began to look at the ingredient profile and didn't find anything out of the ordinary. The doses were not that high of the vitamins, I have taken multis that were a lot higher. The additional ingredients were so underdosed I doubt they could be the cause. At that time, the bottle I currently was using began to run low so I grabbed one of the other bottles and dumped what I had left in that bottle. The pills were the same light color. Then I began to troubleshoot the multivitamin.

I noticed that I was getting nauseous at times before breakfast and lunch. In the past I have had multivitamins that gave me an slight stomach ache. In those cases, I increased the size of my meal. So, I tried that with this and it did not work. I then tried to increase my water amount and that also did not help. I just went to the bathroom a lot while feeling nauseous at times. After that, I tried to split the dosage and that helped a little bit but it was still there. So, I looked over the bottle a little more and looked at the other ones and started to notice some differences. I checked for the expiration dates and found the 8/20 on three bottles. On the other two there was no expiration date just a manufacture date of 08/2015. Then I looked a little deeper and noticed differences in the label. The differences even went so far as the company location, the older bottle had East Liverpool, OH and the newer Dallas, TX. At this time, I decided to contact Man Sports using their contact feature on their website.

Man Sports does not list an email on their website. They do have a telephone number but do not have an email listed. To contact via the computer you can fill out a form. So, I did and asked them if the bottles I had from 08/2015 were still good. I can't recall everything I wrote but I believe that was it, I might have mentioned the differences in the bottles I recieved. One thing I dislike about this contact form is that they do not give you a confirmation of receipt. Some companies will email you with message "received, we will get back to you in X amount of time," Man Sports does not. So, I waited for about two weeks and never heard back. Then I sent them a message this week telling them about the nausea, the troubleshooting I did, and requesting a return. I again did not hear back from them. So, I decided to look back in my emails to see if I had their customer service email and I had it from last year. So, I emailed them the same message that I sent using the contact form this week. For transparency I decided to include all the correspondence with Man Sports. I will be taking out identifiable information and will replace them with parentheses mentioning what was there. The emails will be copy and pasted and nothing was changed other than the parentheses.

Xcmiler:
Hi, I contact you all a few weeks ago about the Men's 2/Day Multi-Vitamin but never heard back. I have been having issues when taking the multivitamin with nausea. I have adjusted the dosage, increased size of the meal, and increased water intake. After doing all of those the nausea persists. The vitamins are from the following orders (Order #) and (Order #) and I would be returning 4 bottles. Thank you, (Name)

Man Sports:
the order return must be with in 30 days of purchase to obtain and refund or exchange.

Xcmiler:
If you all had answered my original two contact requests using your website form they would have been. I will be honest I am disappointed with the level off customer service and you all lost a customer today. (Name)

Man Sports:
All emails get responses and if you had sent two they would have been seen just as this email was answered. We also have a phone number you could have reached. All I can offer at this point a discount on your next purchase, but if you are choosing to not be a customer of ours any longer I understand.

Xcmiler:
I sent two into the form and one was about the vitamins being old stock and never received a response.

After the last email I never heard back from the customer service rep. When I sent the first email I was expecting a thank you for contacting man sports, sorry to hear you are having those side effects here are some other troubleshooting options. No, I did not get that, instead I got a poorly written and unprofessional response. I will admit my reply could come off as antagonistic (was not my intention if it did) but I was upset and disappointed with Man Sports. I expected a higher level of service from a company that states they are "supremely confident." Then with their response they basically called me a liar about me contacting them using the form. I wish they sent a confirmation on the form but they do not. I will admit I could have called them but if this the kind of service I would have received on the phone it would have been worse. They did attempt to offer me a discount on a future order but at this point why would I order anything from them. Furthermore, they have sales so frequently that it is a rather empty gesture. There is not much more to say other than I hope whoever is reading this has a better experience with Man Sports and their products.

Nutritox Men's 2/Day Multi-Vitamin retails for $27.99 making it $0.93 per serving. I will be honest there is not much value here at all. The forms of the vitamins are subpar and the "daily detox blend" is significantly underdosed. Not to mention you potentially run the risk of receiving old stock bottles without stated expiration dates.

Conclusion

I do not know if Man Sports will ever see this review and quite frankly I do not care. I wrote this review out of disappointment I have with Man Sports. They were a company I thought were high quality and stood behind their products. But, I guess after 30 days they do not care anymore regardless if they were making a customer sick. Man Sports lost a customer, I will not being using or purchasing any of their products going forward.

-Xcmiler

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  March 8, 2018

• Keeps You Full
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Great Recovery
  • Has Real Marshmallows
  • Amazing Taste
  • Some Sides When Taking More Than Two Scoops

I do not usually take mass gainers but after reviewing VMI's protein isolate supplement I wanted to give this a try. Furthermore, the flavors on this product sounded great. So, here is the review.

Major Mass comes in a 60 scoop tub and I received the S'Mores flavor. There are three different serving sizes that are broken down in the supplement facts. At two scoops it contains 250 calories, 5g of fat, 31g of carbs, and 20g of protein. At four scoops it has 500 calories, 10g of fat, 63g of carbs, and 40g of protein. Finally, at eight scoops it comes in with 1000 calories, 20g of fat, 124g of carbs, and 80g of protein. I really like how they break it down in these different serving sizes. I think most people will end up taking between two and four scoops and having it broken down for macro purposes is great.

The protein source for this product is a protein blend that contains whey protein concentrate, whole milk protein, whey protein isolate, and milk protein isolate. I am hit or miss when it comes to whether I will have side effects from a blend heavy with whey protein concentrate. In the case of Major Mass, I did have slight side effects. It was nothing huge but I would not mind seeing more whey protein isolate in the blend. After the protein you have a time released carb blend consisting of maltodextrin, carbo 10, and dextrose. Than you have cocoa powder, dehydrated marshmallows, natural flavors, sucralose, and an enzyme blend.

The flavor that I had was S'Mores and it tasted fantastic. They really nailed the flavor of S'Mores even down to the subtle hint of cinnamon from the graham crackers. When you first drink this you are hit with a subtle chocolate taste that is followed by a slight cinnamon flavor and it ends with a marshmallow taste. Now, there are actual small marshmallows in the product similar to hot cocoa mix. While I did like them they sometimes made drinking the shake a little awkward since I did not want to swallow them whole. It was not at all bad but I am not really a fan of having anything in my shake that messes with the texture. This was similar to Ghost Whey, which had pie crust. In terms of mixability, it mixed fairly well but would foam very slightly when mixed with milk. I already mentioned the marshmallows and they did not dissolve or anything, which was expected. As far as dosing goes, I used this to fill my macros so it really depended on the day. I mostly used two scoops but some days I went up.

It is hard to rate the effectiveness of this product as I used it as a food to fill my macros. When taking two scoops I noticed that it kept me full for about two hours. Every scoop after two I noticed it was about another hour of keeping be sated. Now, whenever I went above two scoops I did get some side effects so I usually stuck to just two. I was happy with a scoop an hour for keeping me sated. I will note that with regular protein supplements I am hungry shortly after taking them. Another way this product was effective is the taste and my desire to actually take it. This protein tastes phenomenal and I looked forward to taking it. I have had protein shakes that were gross and it was hard to even choke down.

One area I felt that this was effective was improved recovery. I noticed that while taking this I was slightly less sore. In addition, when taking this after my workouts I would notice I was not as drained as I usually am with a standard protein shake. This was especially notable after running when I am usually wiped out but when taking this I was not as tired. Overall, this was a great protein product and I liked the versatility of it for filling my macros.

At the time of this writing I found Major Mass at Campus Protein for $38.99 for a full container. At one scoop you are looking at $0.64 and at the dosage I most used of two scoops it is $1.29. It is hard to compare the price of this to other mass gainer products. However, the two I could find that were close are Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer and Redcon1 MRE. I will do the comparison basing it off an equivalent of the $1.29 serving of Major Mass. A comparable serving Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer is a half scoop that will go for $1.48. Redcon1 MRE for two scoops is $1.60 per serving. So, Major Mass is competitively priced and I think it comes down to what you want and how you can handle whey protein blends.

Side Effects

I did have some slight gas, heavy feeling and bloating when I took more than two scoops at anyone time. At times when taking two scoops I would still get gas without the the heavy feeling or bloating. I think it has to do with the first protein being whey protein concentrate. I am hit or miss with side effects from whey blends and this one hit me a little bit.

Conclusion

Major Mass is a great tasting lean mass gainer that I am glad I got to try. It was effective for me in terms of recovery, keeping me full, and being great tasting. I did have some side effects from it but keeping my dosage on the lower side stopped them for the most part. I definitely recommend giving this a try! Thank you to VMI Sports for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to Furious Formulations for sending it out!
  March 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Properly Dosed Ingredients
  • Transparent Ingredient Profile
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Did Not Get Sick While Taking
  • Gelatin Capsule
  • Slightly Expensive

Multivitamins have been something that I have taken for years. I have taken whole food ones, vegan ones, cheap ones, and some expensive ones. I am always willing to try a multivitamin so when Furious Formulations put theirs up I had to try it. I had started this review earlier but with the snowstorms in NJ I am trying to finish it between power outages. Here is the review.

Furious Formulations Essential Multi comes in a 30 serving container with one capsule being a serving. One of the things I really like about this product is that it comes in a capsule. I much prefer capsuled multivitamins as in the past I have had tablets that did not dissolve. Furthermore, I have less stomach aches with capsuled multivitamins over tablet ones. I will note that this isn't a vegan capsule but instead a gelatin one.

The vitamins in here are pretty standard for what you would find in higher quality capsuled multivitamin. It does use some of the prefered forms of vitamins such as B-12 methylcobalamin over cyanocobalamin. Another aspect of this product I like are the dosages of the vitamins. All are around 100% daily value with some going a little higher into 600% daily value. I dislike when multivitamins have 1000-10000% DV on certain vitamins. I see this a lot with popular multivitamin brands that are on the market today.

Taste and mixability do not factor into this product since it is a pill. It does come in a capsule so I guess someone could open it and put it in water or a shake and drink it. I probably would not recommend that as it had a distinct garlic type smell. As far as dosing goes, I only took one per day with my largest meal.

Multivitamins are hard to judge if they are working or not. I usually judge them based on my energy levels and if I got sick or not. I will say I did notice a slight improvement in my overall energy after I would take this product. It was very subtle but similar to what I have experienced with other multivitamins. I will note that I have only experienced this with capsuled multivitamins and I think it has to do with the quicker release of capsuled multivitamins.

One of the reasons I rated this multivitamin high was due to me not getting sick at all when I was taking it. I am a teacher and if you have ever worked in a school you would know that sickness spreads like wildfire. While taking this product multiple staff and students were hit the flu and colds. A staff member I share an office with also got sick but I never did. In the past when I have taken multivitamins I have always been less likely to get sick. I still have but for whatever reason when I taking Essential Multi I never did. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know but I do feel like this contributed to me staying healthy while taking the product.

Furious Formulations Essential Multi retails for $19.99 direct from their website. This makes it $0.66 per serving. I am going to be honest that is just too much and falls out of my multivitamin budget even for it being capsuled. I do not see many sales on Furious Formulations website so $19.99 is the price you will end up paying for this product. If the price was lowered to $9.99 - $14.99 I could see myself buying this but at the current price I do not. Maybe if they were having a big sale I would pick it up. However, I have had similar results taking half the dose Nutrabio multivitamin which can be bought for $24.99 making it $0.41 per serving. The price is unfortunate because I felt like it was an effective product.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Essential Multi is an effective capsuled multivitamin. I noticed slight increases in energy and over the course of the bottle I did not get sick. The price of this is just too high for me to purchase this as a staple supplement. If it was lowered to $9.99 - $14.99 maybe I would purchase it. I will be honest based on the effectiveness if you have a slightly higher budget for a multivitamin maybe give this a try.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to Furious Formulations for sending it out!
  February 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Increase
  • Improved Recovery
  • Versatile
  • Can Be Costly At Multiple Servings

I had never heard of furious formulations until they put their products up on the site. There products looked interesting to try especially the Aminos, Baby! Since it has some patented ingredients (Spectra and Cherrypure). Here is the review.

Aminos, Baby! Comes in a 30 serving tub with each serving consisting of one scoop. Each scoop has 10 calories and 3g of carbohydrates. It also contains 80 mg of chloride and 110 mg of sodium. The first major ingredients is 6000 mg of BCAA, with 3000 mg of l-leucine and 1500 mg of l-isoleucine and l-valine. BCAA can aid with muscle recovery as well as blunting fatigue while you train. This also is a larger dose than most other BCAA products since many contain only 5000 mg. Next up is l-glutamine at 2000 mg, which can also aid in muscle recovery as well as gut health. This dose is rather small but I do like that they included it.

The following two ingredients are rather unique and ones I have only seen in a few products. The first ingredient is CherryPure, which is from cherries. The main benefit to this is increased performance in aerobic based workouts. In addition, it can also aid in a reduction of soreness and inflamation. The dosage used is 480 mg, which is the exact same dosage used in a study that showed these positive effects. I like when companies use these patented ingredients. The next one is Spectra Orac, which is an antioxidant blend. Spectra Orac has been shown to boost nitric oxide levels and increase cellular oxygen levels. It is a unique ingredient and the dosage in the product is 100 mg, which is the studied dosage.

Overall, I like the ingredient profile of Aminos, Baby! However, my only negative is that they use a yellow dye in it (FD&C Yellow #5).

I didn't request a flavor and I received the lemon mother pucker flavor of Aminos, Baby! I will be honest I am not really a lemon person. There was this medicine I took when I was younger that had this awful lemon taste so everything lemon is not my favorite. The powder smells like lemonade mix and once you mix it you get this lemonade type smell. When you first drink it you are hit with a very lemony taste that is very tart. The taste is followed by a slight lemon aftertaste that was just okay. If you like lemon flavor than definitely give this flavor a try. I know for me, if I were to try this again I will use another flavor. It mixed fairly well but there was some particles left at the bottom but I just shook it before taking a sip. In terms of dosing, I really only used one scoop of this during my workouts as an intra workout.

Aminos, Baby! Is an effective product for increased recovery and endurance. Before starting this product I switched up my workout routine to a upper/lower body routine. I did this due to some inconsistencies with getting to the gym due to work. I noticed that since swapping to this routine I was a lot more sore. However, when I added in Aminos, Baby! I felt a definite improvement. It was not huge but it definitely was noticeable. I have a feeling it was the BCAA combined with the CherryPure. I also noticed less soreness after my runs and I was able to push myself more at the park.

In terms of endurance, since swapping routines I have added in burn phases to my rep count. I noticed that I was able to keep up and hit my rep count were before taking this I usually had to cut it short. Again, I think the CherryPure with the reduction of soreness and inflammation aided me with endurance. On the trail, I did notice that I did not feel the burn as much and was able to go a little longer on some of my runs. It was not by much but even a few hundred feet will add up over the course of a month.

Aminos, Baby! Retails for $29.99 for a 30 serving tubing making it about $1.00 per serving. I could not find a coupon code for the site so that is the price you will pay. Furthermore, they also offer stacks of two tubs of Aminos, Baby! but this one is the same price and only include a shaker. There is a three pack that retails for $69.99 making it $0.77 per serving. Comparing this to other BCAA products Xtend BCAA is $0.93 or $0.72 per serving depending on tub size. Cellucor Alpha Amino is $0.83 or $0.80 depending on tub size. I think Aminos, Baby! Is competitively priced and definitely has some value.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Aminos, Baby! Was an effective product for me and one I will probably try again in a different flavor. It had two unique patented ingredients in their clinical effective dosages, which was great. It helped me with improved recovery and endurance in the gym and on the trail. Aminos, Baby! Also is competitively priced but not widely available. I definitely recommend giving this a try! Thank you to Furious Formulations for sending the product out.

-Xcmiler

(SR paid for product; Cellucor did not participate)
  February 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Dosages
  • Convenient
  • Slight Crash And Headache
  • Prop Blend

I have used Cellucor on and off over the years but I haven't really used them in quite some time. I do like the approach they are taking now with clinically dosed supplements but not enough for me to consistently buy them like I used to. So, I was looking to try the new ultimate line so when I saw it come up on the Trooper Program I had to try it. Here is the review.

C4 Ultimate On-The-Go comes in an 11 ounce bottle with the entire bottle being a serving. Each serving includes an ample dosage of niacin (60mg), vitamin B6 (1mg), folic acid (500mcg), and vitamin B12 (70mcg). It is pretty standard for a preworkout to include b vitamins as they can aid with energy. The first major ingredient is 6g of citrulline malate, which is nitric oxide booster. This ingredient will help with pumps and this is a solid dose for an RTD product. Next up is 3.2g of carnosyn beta alanine, which can increase endurance and defend against fatigue. The dosage here is a clinical dosage and more than most powdered pre workouts. After you have 1.5g of betaine anhydrous, which can increase strength, endurance, and power. The only thing here is a clinical dosage is 2.5g, which this product falls 1g short. Then you have 1g of arginine alpha ketoglutarate, which is another ingredient to aid with pumps. Next, you have 1g of taurine , which can aid in endurance as well as hydration.

After these ingredients you have the famous C4 prop blend or the "C4 Ultimate Energy & Focus Blend" at 708mg. The first ingredient is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT), which can can improve focus. After you have caffeine anhydrous at 300mg, which increases energy. Then you have alpha GPC, which can increase mood and focus. Next up is Zembrin, which is again there for focus but it can also reduce stress. Then you have rauwolfia vomitoria, which can aid with lowering body fat and increase mood. Lastly, you have huperzine a, which is can aid with focus.

I do want to note that there are slight formula differences between the RTD and powder form. In the RTD you are missing the following ingredients that are in the powdered version: creatine nitrate NO3-T at 1.5g, nitrosigine at 1.5g, velvet bean extract, and teacrine. I thought it was prudent to mention this as a casual look someone could assume they were exactly the same.

I had the blue snow cone flavor and it was just okay. The product has an odd chemical type smell similar to heavy artificial sweeteners. That smell is mixed with some blue raspberry snow cone type smell. The liquid is slightly thicker than water and is clear. When you first drink it there is a slight tart taste followed by blue raspberry taste and it ends tart. It is not bad but I would probably try out the other flavors. I will note that overall taste quality was similar to the regular C4 RTDs I have had. As far as dosing goes, I only used it as a pre workout on workout days or running.

I had a hard time writing the effectiveness section of this since I was unsure how I wanted to rate the effectiveness of C4 Ultimate On-The-Go. I had 11 servings and I used them over the past few weeks before the gym and before cardio. So, I decided to write my thoughts on the effectiveness of C4 Ultimate On-The-Go on my performance with cardio and weight training. I will start with weight training. I used this about 8 times before the gym and I always started to drink it about 20 minutes out. I would usually feel it kicking in when I got to the gym and after I had warmed up for 10 minutes it would fully kick. I noticed a definite surge of energy at the 30 minute mark after the first sip. I noticed that I would sweat more than usual and was able maintain a higher level of intensity that I do with just coffee and a protein shake. The energy would remain at a peak for about 30 minutes and then would slowly decline. So, for me it was about an hour after finishing the bottle. About 30 minutes after that (1 hour and 30 minutes after finishing the bottle) I would begin to level out to where I was before taking it. Then two hours after finishing the bottle I would begin to get tired. So, it lasted long enough for me to finish my workout but at times I did have a very slight crash. As far as pumps goes, I thought this was very effective especially on leg day. I noticed that my quads were noticeably larger and my calves were slightly more defined from the pump. I also noticed an increase in endurance on my higher rep exercises where I felt like I was able to get an extra rep or two. Overall, I am happy with the performance of this in the gym.

As for cardio, I definitely noticed an increase in endurance. I think a lot of that had to do with the beta alanine as it was quite strong in this product. I will note that a whole bottle was too much for cardio and I ended up only drinking half. I would save the other half for next time I would run and do cardio. I will note that for when I used this with running I would have more endurance but I would get winded easier. I think this raised my heart rate too quickly, which I did not like for running. If I were to use this product again I would either drop it to a quarter bottle for running or just stick with it as a gym pre workout.

C4 Ultimate On-The-Go retails for $44.99 for 12 bottles making is $3.75 per serving. I did find it slightly cheaper at campus protein for $38.99 making it $3.25 per serving. The major thing to realize here is that with RTDs you almost always pay more over the powder versions. C4 Ultimate the powder version goes for $39.99 for 20 servings making it $1.99 per serving. Comparing this to other RTDs, GAT Nitraflex is $2.20 per bottle and Pro Supps Mr. Hyde NitroX is $2.92 per serving. So, it does happen to be more expensive than other RTD products by at least a $1 per serving. I think you need to look at the ingredient profile to see if you think the extra cost is worth it for the C4 Ultimate On-The-Go over the others. I will note that C4 Ultimate On-The-Go does have clinical doses of beta alanine and citrulline malate while some other RTDs do not.

Side Effects

I did have a slight crash/headache and some gas on occasion while taking this product. I had 11 bottles, I spread them out and noticed a pattern with those side effects. It was nothing major but I thought it was worth noting.

Conclusion

C4 Ultimate On-The-Go is a convenient and effective RTD pre workout but it comes at a cost. I really enjoyed my time with this product but I do feel like it slightly too expensive. I do think if you have the extra money or find it on sale then it is worth a try. However, you are probably better off getting the powdered version on sale. Thank you to Clipper for sending the product!

-Xcmiler

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  February 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient Packaging
  • No Jitters
  • Burns Fat
  • Enhances Definition
  • Easy To Stack
  • Decreased Bloating
  • Headache
  • Slightly Expensive

Up until seeing Torem on the Trooper Program I had never heard of them. As I have gotten older I have been moving away from stim heavy products especially fat burners. So, when Neco Adipem came up on the Trooper program I wanted to try it. Here is the review.

Neco-Adipem comes in box with 60 pouches that contain two pills each for a total of 120 capsules. Each pouch contains two capsules and the ingredients begin with 250mg of InnoSlim. This ingredient can help regulate glucose and increase fat burning. Next is 25mg of ActiGin, which can increase exercise performance and minimize inflammation after working out. After is 250mg of green tea extract, which can increase metabolism and increase fat burning. Next, is garcinia cambogia at 100mg that can support appetite control and reduce the storage of fat. Then you have Advantra-Z (Synephrine) at 50mg, which can act as a mild appetite suppressant and increase fat burning. The last ingredient is Capsimax at a 50mg dosage, which can aid in appetite management, supporting metabolism, and burning body fat. I most of the ingredients except for the Advantra-Z as it gave me headaches.

I will also note that Torem used four trademarked ingredients, which was great. I know that is a strong selling point for some other brands. They also use a plant based capsule and their capsule filler is brown rice. They also mention that this is stim free but I was always under the impression that Advantra-Z aka Synephrine had stimulant like properties. I am not really sure of its status but there is no caffeine added to this product.

Taste and mixability do not apply to this product. As far as dosing goes, I worked my way up to two pouches a day but had significant side effects (headaches). So, I ended up settling on 1-2 pills per day for a maximum of a pouch a day. I would take the doses spread out with a large meal or I would get a headache.

The effectiveness of this product is somewhat difficult to assess. I will be honest if I did not figure out the dosages for the headaches this review would have been much different. Until I figured out my correct dosage (1-2 pills per day at meals) did I begin to see some effectiveness. I took this over several months and I lost about 10 pounds. Now, I started this just after Thanksgiving and usually from then until after new years my diet is awful. In addition, my training will usually lessen due to holiday events. So, losing 10 pounds over all of that was quite nice. Especially since historically I have always gained a decent amount of weight over Christmas break and this time I did not. I also noticed that when I took this with a meal that would usually leave me feeling bloated it was a little lessened. Not drastically but it was enough that I definitely noticed it. I also felt a little leaner overall and felt like I was not as "puffy" as I sometimes would get when my macros are not being strictly followed. All of this was again with only 1-2 pills so I am curious what this could do at the full 2 pouches per day.

I will also note that I noticed a very slight increase in recovery when I switched my workout up to upper body/lower body routines. Last year, when I did this I noticed I was slightly more sore but I am thinking the ActiGin may have helped. Overall, I feel like this is an effective product ONCE I found my correct dosage.

At the time of this writing I found Neco-Adipem on Amazon for $44 for 60 pouches. This makes it $0.73 per pouch. So, if you were taking two pouches you are looking at $1.46 per day for max dosage. However, there is only one in stock so I am unsure how long that price will hold. On Torem's website, this is going for $45 per 60 pouches so if it does go out of stock on Amazon it can be bought there for about the same price. I do want to note that the packaging had a premium feel to it. It comes in a box and each serving (2 pills) is packaged in small pouches. I really liked this since I would not have to carry around a ziplock bag of pills when on the go. I do think there is slight value here if the price stays at $45 per box. However, that is the absolute max I would pay for this and to be honest while it was effective I did not like the headaches. I also did not value the potential risk of a headache if I did not take the product with enough food. I feel like there is slight value you here IF you react well to Advantra Z and are looking for a premium fat burner. I doubt I would try this again (due to risk of headaches) but I would try another product from Torem as I do value their use of trademarked ingredients and the premium quality feel.

Side Effects

When I first began taking this product I noticed an increase in headaches. The headaches got more frequent and worse as I started taking the "best results" recommended dosage of two packs. At first, I did not pinpoint the headaches to this product but after eliminating other things I discovered it was Neco Adipem. Looking at the ingredients it was the Advantra-Z that was the cause. Reflecting on previous products I have taken with that ingredient I do remember some frequent headaches similar to this product. I tried to research it and I did see other people had headaches with Advantra Z and Synephrine.

Therefore, I lowered the dosage and only took this product with large meals and took at most 1-2 pills per day. I noticed that I could take 2 pills per day as long as they were spread out and taken with a large meal. If I took them too close together or my meal was not large enough I would end up getting a headache. My advice would be to start at a low dosage and work up if you are unsure how your body might react to Advantra-Z.

Conclusion

If you respond well to Advantra-Z and want a premium fat burning product then I would give this a try. Thank you to Torem for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler

Thanks to The Genius Brand for sending it out!
  January 20, 2018

• Helps With Recovery
  • No Widely Available
  • No Larger Size Tub
  • No Other Flavors

Lately, I have been seeing more and more of the genius brand. They are very popular on Amazon and I have tried their caffeine pills. I have been a fan of whey protein isolate and casein blends so when I saw this protein go up for the Troops I wanted to try it. Here is the review.

Genius Protein comes in a two pound, 30 serving container. At the time of this writing there appears to be only one flavor, which is lean coco. Each serving is 32g and you get 110 calories, less than 1g of fat, 3.5g of carbohydrates (2.5g of sugar), and 24g of protein. Genius Brand discloses the protein ratio in their ingredient panel so you are looking at 13.5g from whey protein isolate (fast digesting) and 13.5g from micellar casein (slow digesting). I really like how they disclose the protein content as many other companies don't. Following those you have 2g of natural evaporated cane sugar and cocoa for flavoring. After that you have natural flavors, organic stevia leaf extract, salt, xanthan gum, and silica.

It is a very clean ingredient panel and I do like how there are no artificial sweeteners. I did weigh out the scoop and it was very accurate. I have had protein powders in the past that had heavy scoops and I am glad this one was accurate.

Genius Protein comes in only one flavor, which is lean coco. When you first open the tub the powder has a very dry smell. Almost like smelling unflavored cooking cocoa with hints of chocolate. When mixed, it has like a powdered hot cocoa type smell with almost hints of cream. The first taste you get hit with is a subtle chocolate cream taste and it is followed by a very slight bitter chocolate taste. The bitterness is very similar to dark chocolate. To me it tastes like someone took a milk chocolate bar, dark chocolate bar, and hot cocoa mix and put in a blender. It just had a really good balance and one that I enjoyed. I will note that I didn't really notice the stevia taste, I could slightly taste it a minute or two after drinking the protein. In terms of mixability, it mixed fairly well in milk but I did notice sometimes powder would get stuck in the pouring spout of a blender bottle. In water, it mixed fine and I didn't notice any powder getting stuck anywhere. As far as dosing goes, I used it to fill my protein macros so it depended on the day.

I do want to note here, I do wish they have other flavors as I think this one is quite good. I would love to see what they could do with a strawberry flavor or even a vanilla.

For this review I am going to look at three things I think Genius Protein aided in. They are improved recovery, muscle building, and saiting appetite. One of the things I noticed while taking this protein was a slight increase in recovery. I started drinking this with instant coffee about thirty minutes before my workouts. I noticed that I was not as sore as I usually am, which leads me to believe that this had a recovery benefit. This was more notable because I recently switched to incorporating 5x5 aspects into my workout routine. Since adding those I was extremely sore and would have to take an extra day. However, since dosing this pre workout (and taking additional BCAAs) I haven't needed to take that extra day as much. This in turn has led into the next benefit of muscle building. The improved recovery I felt helped me increase strength and build muscle. This was most notable in dumbbell bench press were I jumped up 10 pounds on flat and 5 pounds on incline. Prior to this I was plateaued hence the attempt to add in 5x5 routine. Overall, I felt like this protein was very effective for recovery and muscle building.

Another aspect that I felt the protein was effective for was saiting appetite. A couple of times I would take this in the morning and I would not get hungry for at least three hours (four if mixed with milk). In the past when I have used a protein shake for breakfast I would be get hungry a lot quicker and would tend to snack. So, I feel like this is an effective snack type protein due to the inclusion of the slow digesting micellar casein protein.

The only place that currently carries this protein is Amazon. A 30 serving container retails for $37.95 making it $1.26 per serving. Comparing it to other similar type products, Nutrabio Muscle Matrix Protein retails for $39.99 for about 28 servings making it $1.42 per scoop. Then you have Pro Jym that goes for $1.40 per serving, Syntha 6 goes for $1.06 per serving and PES Select is $1.43 per serving. I think that Genius Protein is competitively priced and is cheaper than several of the popular brands. There is definitely some value in this product. Genius Protein would be a product I would recommend if person was looking for a naturally flavored whey protein isolate and micellar casein blend. I know since I shop on Amazon frequently, I could see adding this to my subscribe and save bringing the price down by 15% (depending on how many other items you have on the subscribe and save).

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Genius Protein is a great tasting whey protein isolate and micellar casein blend. I felt like it helped me with recovery, muscle building, and saiting my appetite. It tastes quite good and has a rich taste to it. I do wish there were other flavors and a larger tub size. I definitely recommend giving this protein a try!

-Xcmiler

(SR paid for product; Up Energy did not participate)
  January 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Versatile
  • Crash
  • Energy Did Not Last Long

I have had an on and off relationship with energy drinks over the years. I use them sparingly for a convenient energy boost during the day or quick pre workout. I remember seeing Up Energy on social media but never got a chance to try it. So, when it came up on the Troop program I decided to give it a try. Here is the review.

Up Energy comes in a can that appears like your typical energy drink can. Each serving is 16 ounces and is carbonated. In each serving there are 15 calories, 7g of carbohydrates, and 0g of protein. It also contains 140% of daily value of niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and pantothenic acid. Niacin has several benefits such as helping with joints, skin health,and improving circulation. Following niacin, you have vitamin B6 with the major benefit of helping with blood flow, which is important for during workouts. Next, is Vitamin B12, which can increase energy and boost mood. The last vitamin ingredient is pantothenic acid, which can help with heart health and can reduce fatigue. In essence, Up Energy included a B vitamin blend in the drink, which I liked. Some other energy drinks will just load their product with just B-12 and not the other B vitamins.

Up Energy also includes a proprietary energy blend that is 1.5g. The first ingredient in this proprietary blend is taurine, which can improve athletic performance and aid with post exercise inflammation. Next, is caffeine that can increase energy, there is 200mg of caffeine in this product. After caffeine, you have panax ginseng root extract, which may boost energy and reduce stress (there are other benefits as well). Then you have l-carnitine tartrate that can increase energy, weight loss (improved body composition) and exercise performance. The next ingredient is glucuronolactone, which has the potential to aid in improving physical and mental performance. Next is inositol, which has some benefits such as boosting mood but the amount in this product (and other energy drinks) won't do much. Lastly, you have guarana that can provide energy and enhance athletic performance. The main thing here is that it is a prop blend so other than the caffeine we don't know how the other ingredients are split between the 1.3g. Furthermore, most of the ingredients within this prop blend won't provide much benefit at these small dosages. I will note that the blue version does contain dyes and has a slight blue hue to it. Also, this product does contain sucralose and ace-k.

At the time of this writing Up Energy comes in two flavors they are white and blue. I know I have seen that there is a red one that will release fairly soon. The blue flavor has an almost tropical raspberry smell to it. The taste of it seems similar to like sweet tarts (do they even make blue sweet tarts?) and I thought it was pretty good. The white had a more like white grape smell. As for the taste it again was similar to sweet tarts but less fruity. It kind of tasted similar to a white monster or a Sprite. Again, it was pretty good. I could see myself drinking these for the taste. Just to note both flavors are carbonated but I felt like the blue was more carbonated than the white one. In terms of dosing, I used these as a coffee replacement and a preworkout.

For this review I decided to rate the effectiveness in the two ways that I took this product. I took it as a coffee replacement in the mornings and as a preworkout. I took this for three mornings in a row as a coffee replacement. The main thing I noticed was that it gave me a decent amount of energy. I would say more than regular coffee and slightly more than homemade espresso. The energy did not feel as natural as the coffee or espresso and was harsher. I feel like it was more of a spike of energy and then a rapid fall off. This was very noticeable as I would start drinking this at about 7:15 and by about 8:00-8:15 I would begin to crash. By about 9:00 I would tired and just feel like I needed a cup of coffee. I notice that with my coffee I don't usually crash and it lasts me until about 11:00. Maybe the caffeine dose was too high for me or my tolerances were impacting it. I just did not like the way this product felt as a coffee replacement. I have used other energy drinks in the past and some have had the same effect. The only two I noticed that didn't were celsius and VPX Redline ( bottle)

I also used this several times as a preworkout. I would start to drink this about 10 minutes out from the gym and by the time I got changed and warmed up it had hit me. The energy was very sharp and lasted for about an 45 minutes to an hour and then I would start to fall off. I noticed that when I stacked this with a BCAA product the fall off was lessened and delayed. However, with this as a solo product it dropped quickly and I was tired from a crash when leaving the gym. One thing I want to note is my usual pre workout contains 175 mg of caffeine so it is not far off what is in this product. I am not really sure what was hitting me with the crash maybe it was something in the prop energy blend. I will note that for short workouts I did like the energy it gave me but that post workout crash just killed it for me. So, for short workouts this was effective. On days I would usually go from the gym to the park I had to have a cup of coffee on the way to the park. Again, this is something I never usually do as I don't like a lot of stimulants before a run.

One case of Up Energy retails for $29.99 for 12 cans making it $2.49 per can. I will also note that there is a discount $10 discount for buying two 12 can packages at once. This bulk discount continues so 4 packages has a discount of $20. In addition, they also recently rolled out a referral link program where a person can use the link to get $5 off. So, two packs of 12 cans would cost $44.98 making it $1.87 per can. Comparing this to other energy drink or RTD pre workouts, C4 on the Go goes for $2.50 per bottle. BSN Endorush goes for $2.49 per bottle and VPX Redline RTD goes for $2.04 per bottle. Right now on Amazon, I can get 24 pack of monster for $32.98 making it $1.37 per can. On Amazon as well, celsius is $20 for a case of 12 making it $1.66 per can. So, to be honest the price of Up Energy is somewhat competitive and does have some value if energy drinks are a frequent supplement. I know for me personally I use them sparingly but liked to have them around just in case.

Side Effects

The only thing I noticed was I had a pretty noticeable crash after about 1 to 1.5 hours after taking the product. I felt like the crash was worse than what I get with coffee and my current pre workout (Legion Pulse One Scoop). I am not really sure why it was worse but I will note that it was not terrible.

Conclusion

I thought about not recommending this product because of the crash but I do feel like it is worth a try. The reason being is I had to go through a lot of RTD energy drinks before I found the two that worked for me (celsius and VPX). So, I do feel like this is a good starting point to see if this energy supplement works for you. Remember, supplements work different for each individual person. I did find this effective for short workouts but I still had that post workout crash. Bottom line, this is worth a try but for me I won't be trying it again. Thank you to Clipper for sending the product.

-Xcmiler