Wis3guy

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Wis3guy

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  October 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good

Hello guys, it's time to review another product. I am a 45 year old supplement junkie. Since August I have been really focused on healthy eating. This led me to sign up for RCSS King Whey bar. I received one of each flavor which is not enough to do a review. However they where good enough that I bought 3 boxes (they where on better sale that way). I work out with weight 3 to 5 times a week and try to do cardio everyday. However being a father, husband and dog owner it doesn't always happen. Below is my log of what I was doing while using these bars.

Pages 39 through 43, I really didn't mark when I took them but that is the general time frame

Ok, so what is exactly in these bad boys, and do we like everything in here? First the breakdown of nutrients.

10g of Fat: I guess it could be a little less but it probably helps it taste better. There is 6g's of saturated fat which is 30% of the daily allowance of a 2000 calorie diet, so you need to take that into account.

35mg Cholesterol: If your like me this isn't bad, once again only 12% of your allotment. I always hate protein powders that have 70+mg's of cholesterol as it does add up if your watching.

350mg of Salt: Not too much and I am sure it helps the taste.

21g of carbohydrates: 1g dietary fiber, 6g of sugar. So as I have mentioned I would like a little less sugar, as I have been researching sugar and how it really has not value. But it is highly addictive and can cause issues with some people. The total amount of carbs didn't seem to be a problem as I continued to drop weight.

20g of protein: Which is a nice dose to use in between meals. Some people might need more and decide to have a protein shake to go along with it, but for me this was plenty.

Now for the important part, where is the protein coming from?

Most of the protein comes from Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate. However there is some Soy Isolate listed as well. I would like to know what the actual breakdown is in the 20 grams we get. I also am not a big fan of soy, and was surprised it didn't effect the taste for me.

Ok, if you read my log you could find out that I have been off sugar since August 2nd. What this means is the first sample bars I got I freaked out. The Peanut butter cup tasted like a peanut butter cup. The next day I had the triple chocolate brownie and to me it tasted like my wife's brownies. Now, in a fairness when you are not using added sugar and you grab a bar with 6 grams of sugar it will crack out your taste buds. I must admit that as I used them more often I found that they did drop a little in flavor. If I used them as an occasional "Treat" then they where still great. I do think that they are still the best tasting bar I have had. The whole baked cookie thing they have going is great.

There is obviously no mixing issue as these are a bar. You just open and eat, they are already ready to go.

Dosing is also easy. I used these after workouts some days. Sometimes I took them in the car when I was out for the day. Lastly I used them as snacks to get me to my next meal in the afternoon and a couple of times at night. Pretty much anytime you want or need to add 20 grams of protein to your body.

How do you judge the effectiveness of a protein bar? I am not sure how to answer it, so I will tell you what I think. This bar has 20g of protein, which allowed me to get a bump in protein. I also used it when I wasn't home and wanted something somewhat nutritious. I continued to drop weight and gain strength while using these. Is it a direct correlation? I don't know, but it helped me get through some days where I just needed something that tasted like it should be bad for me.

As of 10/17/2017

$25.99 which is $2.17 a bar. They have a discount with auto order of 1,2 or 3 months. First 2 orders 22%, after that 18%

$26.99 which is $2.25 a bar.

So for me these are very reasonably priced. The other bar I would compare it to is Quest, which I buy at my local Hyvee store for $24.99 or $2.08 per bar. I get coupons for them which drops them under $2.00 a bar, and with RCSS you have to look for sales and you can get them under $2.00 a bar. So for a easy to take with no mixing required food source I think they are a great value.

Side Effects

Taste buds that where blown away? Ok that is not a side effect, but I had no negative side effects so all is good with the world.

Conclusion

I personally have already told people to give this a try. I do kind of wish there was less sugar in them, but at the end of the day if you want to you can find a way to make them fit. I wouldn't suggest eating multiple bars a day if your trying to cut weight like I am, but whatever works for you. I don't think they are priced too high, if you can find them on sale then good for you. RCSS also has a auto order program that gives you a discount as well. So as you can guess, yes you should try these. Yes I will probably have a box of these in my house. I have however learned that I don't need one everyday, and honestly that makes them taste better to me anyway.

Overall
    Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 16, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Good
    • Good Recovery

Hello again my SRReviews.com friends. I am finally ready to talk about my experience with Dymatize Elite XT. I am a 45 year old father, husband and workout junky. I have been trying to lose weight for a long time. I decided to add this to my supplement intake to see if it would help keep muscle. I lift weights 3 to 5 times per week, I also try and get cardio in almost everyday. I have drastically changed my diet since August 2nd. I have incorporated daily smoothies, dropped added sugar and really tried staying away from processed foods. As my log shows I am dropping weight and gaining strength, so lets see how this protein helped. Thanks to the Trooper program and dymatize for allowing me to try this out.

229#'s to basically 216#
      Pages 37 through 41?

So, Houston we have a slight problem. I received a 2 pound container that no longer seems to be available. They have moved to a 4#container. The issue is it is a little different profile. So please be advised some of these ingredients are not in it anymore........

First off we have calories. My version 130, new version 140. Not a big deal. I also am not going to tell you all the differences, just the ones I think might effect it.

This is a low fat 1.5 (2.5 on new) low sugar 4g (6g on new) low carb 7g (8g on new) blended protein supplement supplying 21grams of protein. The protein contained in this container is something to talk about. We have the following proteins included in this, (WPC, Soy Protein isolate, milk protein isolate, Egg Albumin, Micellar Casein). I think my issue is the Soy as I don't like the taste. The bonus factor is that they dropped the Soy protein and Egg Albumin. They do have Soy Lecithin in the new version. Both versions contain Sunflower creamer which I could do without. But all in all this did do a good job for me. Other than that the ingredients all seem reasonable. At the end of the day we have all heard and said this is a protein supplement, so if it helps add a little protein life is good.

An interesting add on is Nutrateric. Nutrabio states that this makes for a slower release, which means it should stay in your system longer. It also is gluten free which also seems to be the new thing in town.

I received the rich chocolate and thought it was ok. I really like the taste of MTS Whey and RCCS anything... After reading the profile I figured out the difference, this is a mixed blend that contains soy, I don't like soy.

I used my SRReviews shaker cup with the metal whisk inside. It suggests 8oz, which really made it thick to me so I generally used 12oz. This made it much more drinkable for me and it still wasn't watery. I didn't get clumps but it did kind of stick to the side of the shaker. This seems to happen with thicker shakes, or at least it does for me.

I used this no more than once a day. (they suggest 2 to 3 servings). One of the reasons I know I didn't think it was the tastiest is that I didn't use it everyday. As for using this, it is pretty simple people. I used water as stated above, you can use whatever you want. Protein supplements are to be used to enhance your daily protein. Final thoughts on dosing is, to me protein is always simple.

Protein effectiveness really comes down to a few things for me. Did it cause me any stomach discomfort? Nope, I could drink this and be on my way. Did it help with recovery? Yes, I believe that it did, as after I was no longer using this my old friend DOMS came back a little bit. Now I was also using Dymatize's BCAA drink as well, so take that into account. Lastly did it give me added results in the gym? As my log can attest to, Yes it did. I both dropped weight, as well as got stronger. My lifting weights either increased poundage or repetitions, or better yet both.

As of 10/16/2017

$39.99 which comes out to .77 a serving

$29.89 which is .57 cents

I assume these are the old versions and are on clearance.
      $58.79 for the new version or $1.13 per serving.

I will assume it will end up in the middle of those as old stock rotates through. Which means it's a good value for what you get. I like my proteins around a dollar per serving.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects while taking this protein. I think it is a relatively clean profile and honestly didn't expect anything else.

Conclusion

In conclusion I would say to give this a try. We all have seen Dymatize products, and we know they have been around for a long time. Currently I have used this protein and their BCAA product which both seemed to work just fine. I wouldn't say that this is a knock it out of the park, I'll never buy another protein ever. More of a I will wait and see what kind of sales come up on Black Friday (I tend to stock up once or twice a year). So if you are looking for a protein that you can use at different times a day, then I say go out and give this a try.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
        October 12, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Endurance

Hello, I am a 45 year old exercise buff, who is trying to get buff...... I have been on a cut since August and wanted to add this to my supplements to see if it would help keep muscle and lose fat. I workout 4 to 5 times a week varying between lifting and cardio. Currently I am doing more Low Intensity Cardio following my lifting. I am having pretty good results. I want to thank Dymatize and SRTroopers for allowing me the opportunity to try this product.

Pages 37-39 Although I didn't post my usage of this...

Pages 37-39 Although I didn't post my usage of this product.

20mg of Calcium (Calcium Glycerophosphate). Not sure why this is in here. Could possibly be good for your teeth, and reduction in acid?
        12mg of Magnesium Citrate Malate. This can help, but dosage is generally 200 to 400mg per day. So I am not sure about it.
        115mg Sodium Citrate and Sodium Chloride.
        65mg Potassium which could help with muscle cramps.

So I think this is to help make exercise easier. In which case for me it did. But I am not sure how much or if it is totally useful. Sometimes I think basic no frills stuff could be better.

AMINO BLEND 5.5G

Instantly Soluble BCAA 2.5G: L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine. I wish they would give you the ratio. I also wish they had bumped this to 5grams at least. But that is just my opinion.

L-Taurine @ 2G, This helps in blood flow, yet doesn't seem to increase blood pressure. Win, win...... Dosage is up to 3g's a day, so this is an appropriate amount.

L-Citrulline @ 1g, So as we know this is changed by our body into L-Arginine. Dosage is anywhere up to 9g. So this is on the low side. Also in trained individuals it has not been proven effective.

I received the Lemon Lime flavor and I liked it. I will say that at 8oz it was a little strong for me. I like it a lot more when I used 12 or more ounces of water. Please take into account that since August of this year I have had very little added sugar, so my taste buds are a changing people.....

I had a few gritty pieces left after shaking this. I think it mixed pretty well for a BCAA drink. I always shake and then drink so I think I always end up with less issues that other people.

I used this once a day throughout the container. I also noted to the rep that I forgot to mark when I started taking it, so the posted time frame might be short. I think dosing is pretty simple. One scoop 8 to 12 ounces of water whenever you need it. Like I said above, once a day, sometimes pre, during and post workout. I feel that this product is pretty versatile.

So the big question is did this work for me? The answer is yes, which has two separate results.

1. I had less DOMS when I was using this. I noticed that when I used during or after workouts I had better results than when I dosed this at other times. After I was off of this my DOMS increased, I would also assume if you used more you could get better results.

2. This seemed to give me a little more energy to get through the day after workouts, and enough to be motivated for my slow old man cardio. That's right, the older you get the more you can sometimes talk yourself out of a workout. Because I was cutting, my motivation was sometimes lacking.

As of 10/11/2017

All Star health $14.99 which is .50 cents a serving

Bodybuilding.com $19.99 which is .67 cents a serving

Both of which are less expensive than RCSS Amino Tone which comes it at $1.00 per serving. So as for value I think it is pretty good. Some people may require more BCAA's than this has, however I tend to use BCAA's as a water flavor additive. So for me I can stick with one scoop.

Side Effects

Zero negative side effects. Less DOMS is a positive thing. Also a loss of weight and gain in strength due to wanting to finish my workouts.

Conclusion

In conclusion I would say that I would be happy to suggest someone to try this. However I also think you need to look at what you are getting. If you are a high level or intensely active person this is probably dosed too low for you. I would say if you are like me, an average Wis3guy, who doesn't always like to drink water, then this fits the bill. I would like to see more BCAA's in this, however I am not totally unsatisfied either. I guess it all comes down to what you are looking for. I don't always utilize BCAA's so I can't see this as a monthly purchase, however I could see it as the occasional purchase, and more likely if I could find it on sale.

Thanks to EBN Sports for sending it out!
          October 11, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Better Endurance
        • Strength Gains
        • Stomach Issues

Hello all, time for another review. Thanks to the trooper program and EBN Sports premium for giving me the opportunity to try a new product for me. I am a 45 year old who has been on a constant cut. Yep those pounds crept up and I need them off. I lift weights and do cardio. If you read my log you know I have gotten into "smoothies" which basically means I get a lot more veggies. I decided to try this as keeping muscle as I drop weight is very important. If I drop muscle I drop the amount of calories I need. As well as becoming weaker. These are things that I don't want to do. So follow along with my impression of this product and how it may have helped.

pages 37-40

Vitamin C 60mg: 100% daily value: Vitamin C is always a plus. With the amount of fruits and veggies I am currently eating I don't know that I need it.

Vitamin B12 6mcg: 100% daily value: Another one that I am seeing people supplement with so it is ok.

Sodium (sodium bicarbonate) 250mg: 10%

Potassium (potassium bicarbonate) 200mg: 6%

I am guessing that the above 2 ingredients are where the fizzy part comes in.

Then we have a blend.

BACr Blend 6.17G

This is a mix of Creatine (Tri-Creatine Citrate) and Beta-Alanine (as Carnosyn)

This product states that it is 4 times more Bioavailable to the body than regular creatine, so dosage it probably good. I also like that they used Carnosyn as the Beta-Alanine. I believe that this is a purer? version. All in all I think the mix is ok, but I would still like a break down of the 2 components. I would like to see 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine, or at least know the amount so that I can add to it.

Oh my goodness. When you say no flavor it should be no flavor. This is a citrusy flavor, the interesting part is where it comes from. I am guessing but under "other Ingredients" we have citric acid..... Anyway, not a terrible thing to drink, just not unflavored in my opinion. Lastly it is fizzy, I have determined that I don't like fizzy.

The Mixability of this was pretty good for creatine. I did have some white stuff left, but I kind of expect that with any Creatine product. I also will remind everybody that I am a shake (in this case swirl) and drink guy. With the fizzy you don't want to shake it so I didn't.

The dosing of this is kind of annoying to me. 1.5 scoops per serving. My advice is make a bigger or smaller scoop. I personally would rather do 2 scoops than have to guess at a half scoop. That being said I do think I guessed pretty well as I believe I ended up with the correct amount of servings. Other than that it is easy, prepare drink let sit a few minutes (which I also did) then drink it down. They suggest to take first thing in the morning, which I did for a while. Then I tried some different times to see if it would help the side effect I was getting. Last thing to note is that this doesn't require a "loading" period which I appreciate.

I found that this product was effective for me. I was able to increase the amount of weight I was lifting as well as decrease the poundage the scale told me.
        weight = 229 to 216
        Bench went up 10 pounds. 6x8@135 to 6x8@145

Any time you can drop weight and increase strength (potentially muscle mass) life is good. I am 45 years old, so it is no easy job to do.

As of 10/10/2017:
        $47.99 plus ships free. Which comes out to $1.20 per serving
        or..... hahahahahahahahahahaha
        $179.00 on Amazon for the low low price of.... $42.50 per serving

My thoughts are that this is a new product, the price currently doesn't meet my budget for creatine. Now, I assume the price will come down when it goes to different websites, and if you are concerned about sugar (this has none), you might want to give this a shot. Myself, since the sides I had I would not buy this again. If I didn't have the sides I would consider this on a cut.

Side Effects

Ok, so this is where my old man genes come in? Or at least that is possible. This product gave me stomach issues. Almost like a sick feeling. Nothing I couldn't work through but not fun. I tried dosing at different times and still had the same issue. I am guessing that this was related to the fizzy. I don't drink pop or have any fizzy drinks and haven't for years. So it is possible in my mind at least that my body just didn't like the feeling. I tried leaving it sit longer than the suggested 2 to 3 minutes and it didn't help. However if this doesn't happen to you, it would make it a better product. I still had good results, just didn't like the feeling.

Conclusion

So I rate the a "meh" for me, but I will qualify that as I think this is an OK product. I am going to assume that most people will not get the tummy issues that I had. That alone would make me upgrade this a little bit. The next thing is price. Which I think might come down when they start selling this through other retail sites. For me at this point I will stick with plain old Creatine Monohydrate. I don't seem to have issues with it and I get similar results at a fraction of the price. Now if you like to try new things, or you like fizzy stuff, I would say you could give it a try. For me however I can't justify the price and my personal bodies reaction to it.

September 26, 2017

Hello everybody,

Hello everybody,

I am a 45 year old with a very busy schedule. Between the kids, the dog, and the wife, needlessly to say work I am always running. I work out 3 to 7 times a week. Currently I am in a massive cutting phase due to my drastic change in diet. Yes I have become one of those proponents of smoothies. I guess I could listen to my mother and just eat my fruits and veggies, but I obviously didn't. So with my Vitamix super blender I go forth. I also tend to suffer from occasional cold sores (now they seem to be stress related) and I find that I get different cuts and stuff that I never did before. I lift weights and do a lot of LISS cardio. As well as try and play tennis with my daughter. ( I am no longer the best player in the family). So as I said before I am a busy guy and am always looking for things that can help.

This is a single active ingredient. L-Lysine at 1000mg. Everything else in this product is what is used to make it into one gigantic horse pill.

There is no taste to this product. I also realize that depending on your tolerance you might want to go with a smaller dose pill. As it would be a lot easier to swallow.

Dosing: This is where I will depart from the "standard". So I will have to explain myself. Here we go.
        So if you read that it tells you 1000mg 3 times daily can help with cold sores. This is what I originally used this for back in high school. Now I will tell you that after a while I found that I had to up the dosage. I have used up to 9grams a day to control cold sores. Now, I honestly don't get cold sores nearly as often anymore, normally after I get sick (once or twice a year) I also don't get them on the same spot. It used to be my lip, now its my nose. Anyway from what I read you can safely take up to 9g a day for shorter periods of time. So dosing will depend on what you are trying to do.

I have found this to be very effective at reducing the time I have cold sores. Also I occasionally get a bloody nose due to dryness? I have found that if I use the 3 to 4 dose a day routine it quickly "Heals" the inside of my nose. I have also noticed that cuts and things heal faster if I am taking this. All in all I find it a valuable tool in my supplement routine.

as of 9/26/2017 I found this at Walgreen's for $9.98, and on sale at bed bath and beyond? for $5.48. So depending on where you can find this you can get a pretty good deal. It seems to be a relatively cheap supplement.

Side Effects

I don't have any negative side effects from this supplement. However if you look at different websites you can see that it can cause an increase in Cholesterol, and possibly kidney stones. So be careful before you use too much.

Conclusion

I would say that I have repeatedly told people the benefits of L-Lysine supplementation. It started back in high school with the "cure" for cold sores that I would get when I ate too much chocolate. Now after years and years I find that it helps in other things as well. I can see the benefit to helping heal faster on simple cuts and things as well. I probably didn't notice them when I was younger as I was already healing fast. As I age, my body can use all the help that I can give it. Through proper nutrition and careful supplementation I plan on staying as healthy as I possibly can. If this means I start looking at more simple supplements so be it. If you have any issues like I mentioned or just want to try a cheap supplement, go out and find yourself some L-Lysine from Nature's Truth.

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
          September 26, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Clinical Doses
        • No Prop Blends
        • Limited Availability

Hello All,

Hello All,

Once again it's review time. I am a 45 year old workout junkie. I work out between 3 and 7 times a week currently. During the run of this I drastically changed my eating and was looking to keep muscle and loose fat. I wanted something to give me that extra kick in the Butt on days that I knew I would be dragging. I want to thank Nutrex for offering this product up to try, as well as listing the ingredients, no prop blends. I have enjoyed their products. I should also mention the SRTrooper program, bringing us multiple opportunities to try new products and review them. I have logged this product and it follows Pages 35-39 August 10th through Sept 19th 2017.

Ok, how do we look at this, Outlift Amped has a lot of ingredients and they all are pretty much dosed as they should be. So I will talk about the ones I like to see. You can always look at the label as it is fully disclosed.

Caffeine: 350mg, yep that is right, if you want to play with the big boys you have to be sporting some caffeine. This comes in 2 varieties.
        Kaff2 Citrate (200mg caffeine) It is supposedly faster acting caffeine. I posted the Nutrex page below as they have a short breakdown of ingredients.
        Caffeine Anhydrous: 150mg. So adding them both up you get a pretty hard hitting stim heavy product. Which I like most days.

Citruline Malate 2:1 @8grams. This helps your endurance both for cardio and non cardio lifting. I know I previously stated that this can be dosed anywhere between 1 and 20grams. Yep that is a crazy difference. I think they should drop it to 6grams as I have less bathroom issues, but that is just me. A little more reading for you if you want. First one shows the possibility of 20 gram dosing throughout the day, with most studies being 6-8 gram single dose an hour before.

Beta-Alanine(Carnosyn) : 3.2 grams. Clinically dosed, and has shown to improve endourance. I like this stuff, and it is relatively cheap to add.

Betaine Anyhydrous: 2.5 Grams. This is suppose to help with power output, however the studies I found don't always agree. Go figure on that one, works for some not for others.

Theacrine: 50mg. This is another stimulant that also appears to not develop tolerance. I have responded well to this product since it started popping up in my supplements.

Bioperine: 5mg This is to help absorption, because as we know if you don't absorb it into your system it doesn't matter what you take.

All in all there are a lot of product in here. They all seem to be appropriately dosed and I liked how they set this up.

I was sent "cosmic Burst" and if you look at the picture, you can guess what it tastes like. I enjoyed this flavor except when I used it too many days in a row. I also tended to mix this a little more on the watery side as I don't need the strongest flavor.

I found that this mixed really well, however be warned. If you shake it too long some people have had the cover pop off. I know it warns you of it on the label so I always shook a couple times and popped the top to relieve pressure. That way I never had issues. I did notice some white residue left in the shaker after multiple doses. However this is a very fine powder in my opinion so I wasn't disappointed by it.

The dosing of this is pretty simple. 1 scoop with 8-12oz of cold water 30 to 45 minutes before workout. I typically used 12 to 14oz of water and drank it about 40 minutes before my workout. I don't think it is that hard to figure out. I did notice that some days it hit me at the 15 minute mark. However since it was a nice sustained energy it didn't adversely effect my workouts.

So did this get me up and running? I mean if it doesn't work who cares. I will say that I was totally satisfied with this product. I didn't get the cracked out feeling like Stimul8, and most days I could still do cardio. Now remember I went, no carb for about a week and then added a crud load of veggies in daily smoothies during this run. Here are some results..

Bench 5x5@145 finished the run 6x6@145 more reps more sets same weight.
        Incline DB Press 2x10@40, 2x8@40 finished run at 6x8 @50. More total reps more weight.

Weight went from 236# to 220.8 so I "lost effectively 16 pounds and gained a little strength. Who could complain about that........

As of 9/26/2017
        $39.97 @ www.bodybuilding.com
        $49.95 @ www.nutrex.com

So this is for 20 servings, basically one month if you use it 5 days a week. If your like the "new" me and don't always need it, it lasts even longer. Either way you can't be too unhappy when you look at what is in here. You are at basically $2.00 per serving. I don't think that makes it too expensive, just a little on the high side for everyday use. When you are competing with other products that are around $30.00. I still think this is a good value, and worth having around for those "Special" workouts.

Side Effects

I increased my weights, and decreased my weight. Not bad. The only negative side effect which is manageable is the necessary bathroom trips. But as I have noted before, I just can't deal with Citrulline Mallate. I think I can handle about 6grams this has 8. But I want to stress it comes out before and after workouts, no "accidents" that just happen if you know what I mean.

Conclusion

All in all I think that this product is a very powerful and effective Pre-Workout. I would think if you are not stim tolerant you might want to half dose this, and if you are bat crud crazy you could 2 scoop it, but if you need to do that you need a break from stims. I think as this hits the other websites the price might come down a little and make it even better. I would have no problem telling people to go and try this, in fact I already have. I feel that if it worked for me while I was cutting a lot of weight it would only work better for those of you who are not trying to cut. I will finish by saying this product does what the title says, It gets you "amped" and helps you "outlift" your greatest competition, yourself.....

Overall
        Thanks to Raw Iron Performance for sending it out!
          August 9, 2017

Cons:

Hello again, if you have noticed I have slowed down my pre workout use due to moving and life. However I am as the title says a 45 year old who is getting long in the tooth and in my opinion still trying to learn stuff. I have been working out 3 to 4 days a week but for most of it using 3 doses a week. If you look at my log you'll see I upped my workouts to get this done and reviewed. I also had an unforeseen 12 day vacation that the wife took me on, so this has been a long, long, long run. As always thank you to Raw Iron Performance and SRTrooper program for allowing me to run this. Lastly as you see I am currently not on any other supplements. Save 2000mg of Vitamin d daily and 1000mg of L-lysine. Not even protein shakes.......

Journal pages 30-35 contain info on Evolve.

So for those of you who want to you can look up every ingredient in here. However I figured I would hit the ones that I find important and or unique to me.

First I will say that they list all the ingredients so you know what is going in your body which is cool. The only thing not separated out is the filler flavor section, but hey not everybody can be NutraBio Right?

L-Citrullinge DL-Malate @6000mg: So this is used to increase blood flow. Dosages range from 1mg to 20mg per day. Smaller doses are for helping with some issues people have "down Below" to a sports benefit of increased endurance and such if used 1hr before workouts. Normal dosage seems to be between 6 and 10 Grams, I have noticed I tolerate 6g well, but if I go up I need to hit the bathroom before my workout.

Beta Alanine @2500mg: This helps in strength and endurance and is really a staple. The effective dose mostly found is 3.2g per day so this is a little low in my opinion. However this is the tingly face supplement so maybe you might like it better.

The next few I think are kind of basic, Choline Bitartrate, Agmatine Sulfate, Beet root Extract (blood flow), N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine.

Caffeine Anhydrous @ 300mg. This is a nice dose as most studies that I have read indicate at least 200mg. It could go higher for stimulant addicts, or a little lower for people who are sensitive and like to watch Opera re-runs. It dose make it harder to double dose though. I found when I didn't use everyday it worked well, at the last week when I went to everyday it started to go away pretty fast.
        Rhodiola, Kegilia Africanus Extract, Theobromine and Yohimbine HCL, finish out the ingredients. Two of which I want to acknowledge.

Kegilia Africanus Extract @ 75mg: This is one spot where DHMA comes from. It is used to stop all sorts of skin conditions as well as reduce swelling. I found multiple dosages with 75mg being right in the mix for effectiveness.

Yohimbine HCL @ 1mg: What the heck, why bother putting that in here. I found dosages between 5mg and 30mg. But 1mg? Why bother, I also noticed that it is best to take this everyday, and on an empty stomach. So in my humble opinion, ditch this or increase the dosage.

Taste is actually important to me as I age. When I look back at the crap I drank for results in my youth I am amazed. That being said, If it tasted like crap and worked way way better, we would all be on that. So the idea is to use 1 scoop with 8 to 12 Ounces of water.

8 Ounces = Very tart and strong.

9 Ounces = less tart and one of the better combos

10 Ounces = for most of the run what I used as it made the flavor right in the middle

11-12 ounces = seemed to become more "Sweet" with the more water I added.

The flavor I received is Raspberry Lemonade which does vary company to company. Since I normally took this in the morning I found it more enjoyable in the 9-10 ounce serving. Overall I liked the flavor and had no issues downing it, or drinking it over 10 to 20 minutes.

Mixability: I use a shaker cup with a ball whisk and had no issues with mixability. I didn't notice any grit and the product seemed smooth. However I did have some white clingy's on the sides of my shaker cup, not much but I did notice it.

Dosing: Pretty simple and straight forward. 1 scoop in 8 to 12 Ounces of water. If you can't figure that out you will get kicked out of planet fitness every time for being a meathead. Also to note I didn't go above 1 scoop as a single dose has 300mg of caffeine. They do suggest that if you are sensitive to caffeine you should start out with a half dose.

I found this product to be pretty effective. Is it the most powerful pre on the market, nope, I know of a few that hit harder. It did work for me though. I found that when I was only using it 3 times a week it worked really well. However when I started using it everyday it really started to lag off. So for those of you who would use it 4 to 6 times a week you will probably notice diminished results.

So currently on their website it is listed at $31.99 however their Facebook page has a discount for August 2017, 20% off with code August20. Making it $25.59
        Currently that is the only spot I find it. Not on my normal sites, www.tigerfitness.com, www.bodybuilding.com, or www.prosource.net

However with the discount it makes it about a buck a serving which I think is a great deal. There are 25 servings per container which should get most people through a month at least depending on usage.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects on this product. I felt good and energized for this run.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this is a fine Mid-level Pre-workout. If you are looking for really high stims then you need to look elsewhere. Also some of you might decide that you need to add to this to make it "perfect". But for me, if I could find it on sale I'd give it another go around. I can see how newer people might not adjust to the 300mg of caffeine, but that is what half scoops are made for. I would be ok with telling other people to give this a shot and see how it performs for them. One other thing to note is that I think I got 26 and a half servings out of this so that is a good sign that you are getting what you pay for.

Overall
        Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
          May 26, 2017

• Great Mixability
        • Taste Good

Hello to all, I am back for a review on thewhey Protein. I want to thank MyProtein and the SRTroop program for allowing me to use this product. I am a 45 year old father of 2 kids and a fluffy puppy. I try and do something everyday. During this run I started moving to a new state so weights went out the window and it was cardio and diet. I used this to help recover between exercising and moving stuff. I also teach class 3 days a week so I am busy. This product fit in when I needed a boost and didn't have time to cook, and post workout.

----Ingredient Profile-...

Ok so this has Whey Protein Isolate, Concentrate and Hydrolysate. So it is a blended protein, which to me isn't bad. It would be nice to know the breakdown but hey, stuff happens. At least we know we have 25g's of protein per serving. This is low carb (2g), low Cholesterol (10mg)(depending on who you listen to this may or may not effect you, either way it's low compared to those with 60mg Plus)), as well as low sodium (160mg). It also has 2 additional items that I like to see in my protein powders.

Aminogen: Is a blend of digestive aids, developed from two fungal strands, Aspergillus niger and aspergillus oryzae. Both are commonly used for their ability to break down protein. I have been seeing this in products for a while and to my mind it seems to help. I mean if you don't digest stuff properly you don't get it into your system.

DigeZyme: Is from the company Sabinsa, It is Gluten free as well as GMO Free and helps to break down carbohydrates, fats and fiber. As many of us know enzymes have been coming to the market to help us process our foods. I think of it as making it easier for our body to get the good stuff out of what we put into our mouths.

I used the Chocolate Fudge Flavor. I found that it was acceptable. However it is not as tasty as MTS Whey. I would say the flavor is more like NutraBio, light and easy on the palate. I used between 8 and12oz of water per serving. I will assume if you used milk you would get a thicker consistency. The important part for me is I didn't have to choke it down. (Anyone remember HOTSTUFF?)

The mix-ability of this this is really good. Put it in a shaker cup (I have a whisk ball) shake it and go. I really didn't have any issues with it settling or clinging to the sides of the cup.

"Mix 1 scoop with 6-8 fluid ounces of water or milk and consume immediately. Adjust the liquid content to suit your desired thickness". So if you can't figure out how to use it you need to relax. I used it as a single scoop and as a 2 scoop protein replacement. I used it for breakfast and I used it after workouts and various times a day. I did not use this everyday but more as a filler when I needed.

I found this to be a very effective protein. It kept me fuller at 2 scoops statistically longer and 1 scoop was easy to eat later. I had no digestive issues or gas issues which to me means it is a higher quality protein. I compare it with my top 5. NutraBIo, MTS Whey, RCCS King Whey and Prosource's NitroWhey. I think one should always realize that this is a supplement and if you use it correctly it gives you what you need.

As of 5/26/2017 I found it on sale on their website for $52.25 for 4.4 pounds. I think this is a good deal for me. Other protein that I use,
          MTS Whey 5 pounds $54.99 and Prosource Nitrowhey Protein, $47.50 for 4 pounds. Also look for sales, sales are always a good thing right?

Side Effects

I had no adverse side effects from this. However I did feel fuller from 2 scoops for a longer time than 1. Meaning when I used 1 scoop it seemed light and I would eat in a couple hours. 2 scoops felt heavier and I would skip eating for 4 or more.

Conclusion

I am assuming you could tell that I liked this product. All of us have had proteins that made us gassy or bloated or concrete stomached. This is not like that at all. As I stated above I use supplements as supplements to my whole food diet. I think this product is priced right where I can fit it into my budget. I think it taste good enough to drink when I need a protein boost. Most importantly I think it did what a protein powder should do, which is to aid in my recovery and keep me full until my next meal. So if you are looking for a nice and lite protein to try. Go to the web and order some of this up, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Overall
          Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
            May 12, 2017

Oh boy, here we go again. I am a 45 year old, who decided to let his wife house shop in another state..... Now during the process of moving and training I needed some extra help. I am currently trying to cut, and during this run my weights moved to another state leaving me with T25 and Martial Arts. Oh I forgot the fun part, moving and packing and prepping a house. I want to thank Nutra Bio and the SrTrooper program for the wonderful opportunity to add this to my stack. I really needed some extra muscle repair.

Ok, so for those of you ...

Ok, so for those of you who don't know. NutraBio tells you everything. I find that this is important as I actually want to know what goes into my body. So as it says on the label. No Fillers, No Excipients, No Additives, in a GMP and FDA inspected facility. You can't ask for more. I will start with how transparent this company is.......

"other ingredients: Flavoring (natural and artificial passion fruit flavoring 700mg. Citric acid 500mg. Sucralose 100mg. Acesulfame potassium 20mg)" How many companies do you know that go that much into it. They also sent me a nice article on BCAA and the practices they follow.

On to the BCAA's themselves:

1 scoop 6.36 grams.

L-Leucine at 2.5 grams. Leucine has become the big variable in BCAA products, some saying more is better, studies showing as little as 2.5G can increase protein synthesis. I have seen products with 10g of leucine, however I feel that since this worked, why worry. Besides if you follow protocol you are getting 5g of additional leucine per day.

L-Isoleucine at 1.25grams. Isoleucine can induce muscle protein synthesis as well as increase glucose uptake into a muscle cell. Dosages that I found are between 1g to whatever. So this product fits into the needed dose for results.

L-Valine at 1.25grams. Valine can not be produced b the body so you need to get it through diet or supplementation. There doesn't seem to be a dosage requirement on this one, but it does seem to be in the ball park for things.

I received the Passion Fruit Flavor as requested. I enjoyed the taste, to me it was light and refreshing. I have found as I get older flavor is more important as I don't like to suffer. So I appreciate lightly flavored products. Obviously if you use less water you will get a stronger taste.

NutraBio BCAA 5000 mixed perfectly fine for me. I always use a shaker cup with the whisk ball, so I usually don't have issues. However I did find it kind of long to shake the shaker for 30 seconds which is the suggested way to do it. That being said when I did that the product mixed well. I also always shake before I drink, so I really didn't have any settling of the product.

Dosing on this product is pretty simple. 1 scoop in 16oz of water 2 times daily. For best results shake in shaker for 30 seconds. I tended to dose this as my morning drink before cardio, and then later in the day. Also as mentioned above I drank it all day the day I moved. I liked having it to drink in the afternoon as the taste is good and it gives you that sweet taste without things that are bad for you.

What can I say. I liked this product. I felt that it reduced my doms and allowed me to keep moving and getting things done. While I had my weights, I was able to recover within a few days and be ready to hit those muscles again. After the weights went to Minnesota, I hit T25, and used the BCAA during the workouts. I felt that I returned to my normal peppy self much faster, in fact I was able to play tennis with the kids a few times, where as before I was sometime too tired to do other things. Lastly I kinda overdosed this on the day of the big move. I with the help of friends moved 95% of my house. Starting at 330 am with the first load (bless my daughter who was up to help). I maintained energy and worked the whole day. I did use the final 3 to 4 doses in one day though. Either way I wasn't sore the next day and not everybody who helped can say the same thing.

Current pricing as of 5/12/2017.....
          www.bodybuilding.com $26.99
          www.nutrabio.com $28.99

This is for 63 servings, Nutrabio suggest taking 2 servings per day so basically a buck a day. I think this is a very good value for what I received from the product. It is a basic formula but with Nutrabio I know what I am getting.

Side Effects

A lack of muscle soreness, hmm it is a side effect however who has time for soreness?

Conclusion

I would think it is pretty easy to tell that I liked this product. I found that for the price that I can get it and the help that it gave me in recovery that it is easy to add to your budget. Especially if you are on a cut and looking to cut calories. You have a solid basic product that you know won't have any funny added ingredients and that in it self can make your day go better. So if you are dieting or even just don't like water and need some flavor pick yourself up a canister of NutraBio BCAA 5000 and enjoy your drink to recovery.

Overall
          Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
            April 21, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Enhanced Recovery
          • Immune Support
          • Underdosed

Well hello again my SRreviews.com friends. I am a 45 (just turned) year old guy who is working on dropping fat and staying in shape. I try and train 4 to 5 days a week. During this run in the beginning I was lifting and hitting cardio. Towards the end I shifted into beachbody mode and started T25. I have taken some major life changes, (moving, relocating a business, etc). So I hoped that Glutagen would help in recovery so I could work out more. I also teach Martial arts 3 days a week. So I am busy just like the rest of you. A big thank you to the SRTrooper program and to RSP nutrition for allowing me to add this to my stack of recovery products. (I also started nutrabio's BCAA 5000 during this run)

The first listed ingredient is Niacin (as niacinamide) at 20mg. This has many listed uses, and is required for healthy cells. What I am not sure about is dosage, as if you are lacking niacin the dosage I found is 50mg and above. However this is found in eggs, fish, meat and etc... you get the picture? In my humble opinion most of us shouldn't be lacking this as long as we are eating healthy.

Vitamin b6 at 5mg, if you need more than by all means look at it. It is way under that max daily dose of 100mg, so it shouldn't hurt you and could help.

Magnesum 20mg. They have 3 versions in here and dosing is on the low end so I didn't really worry about it.

Glutagen Recovery Matrix 6000mg. This is the important part, as recovery is what I was looking for. The problem? One big proprietary blend.
          l-Glutamine, Taurine, L-leucine, L-valine, L-isoleucine, CopMax (creational-o-Phosphate), Bioperine.

Does anyone see an issue here, I do. L-Glutamine tends to be dosed at 5g per day, and Taurine between 500mg and 2000mg, oops we went over. We haven't even added the BCAA's that are in here. So although this product has a bunch of stuff, we are not sure if it has enough of the stuff it has, if you know what I mean. So for me this one comes down to a need for more clarity in the ingredient list. Drop the proprietary blend so I know what I am getting. It would make judging this supplement so much easier.

I asked for the Orange flavor because I felt like it. I found it to be a rather light and pleasant taste. Nothing overpowering like tang or chemically like some other products.

I felt this mixed well in my shaker cup. I have the metal whisk ball in mine so I normally don't have issues. I also added some Emergen c in different flavors and found it all worked. I didn't notice any real issues. If I didn't shake it occasionally or let it sit too long it did have some settling.

Dosing is 1 scoop in 8 to 10oz of water after training or physical activity. For best results take on non training days as well. I followed that protocol as it is simple. On non training days I just mixed it in when I wanted a flavored drink.

So this is a tough one, because I have increased my training I know I should be a litter more sore. I was also on Nutra Bio's BCAA 5000 during this run. I did think that this helped, but I don't think it is the best product out their for recovery. I think if I would of used 2 scoops a day it would of helped more. I believe I got more out of EVL Helix BCAA or Nutra Bio's Intra Blast. If you are a smaller person this might work better for you as well.

The other thing I was impressed was the immune benefits. I thought I was doing really well, and normally when taking glutamine I don't get sick, so I figured I was good with what I am on. However right when I came off this, I got sick. Cough, cold, turned into pink eye, pretty much gave me a little over a week of pain in the butt. I don't know if I would of stayed on this if I wouldn't of got sick, but I thought I would mention it.

As of 4-21-2017 the prices I found are as follows.
          www.rspnutrition.com @ $36.99
          www.Bodybuilding.com @ $20.69
          This is for 40 servings which isn't really that bad. As I stated above if your under 200# maybe this is a better deal. However for that price I can get Intra blast (only 30 serv) but it has more stuff in it as well.

Side Effects

I had no negative effects from this product during my run. It helped with recovery, but that is what it supposed to do.

Conclusion

Overall I find the ingredients very interesting. Some people say you really don't need extra glutamine, or BCAA's for that matter. However I think those of us weekend warriors that want to "try" something also want to feel or see something for our hard earned money. I don't think that this is a bad product, I just think that their are better products on the market for recovery. So if you are going to market yourself as a "Glutamine recovery complex" you should look at your competition and then meet them or beat them. If you are a smaller person, (under 200#) I would say you could give this a try. This is however Bro science as I don't know that my size made the product less effective or not. As always I thank the company and the troopers for allowing me to give this a try. I look forward to seeing what else they come up with.