Wis3guy

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Wis3guy

November 19, 2018

I wanted to add BCAA's to some stuff. Prosource had a sale and I figured why not?

Hello fellow supplement users. Many of us have heard of the value of added BCAA's to our systems. Some of us remember the spiking issues of some Protein Powders. In this case, I am spiking my own stuff with plan BCAA's to see if it helps in recovery. I am a 46 year old guy trying to have as much fun in the gym as I used to when injuries and DOMS where a figment of other peoples imagination. During this run I was lifting 4 days a week and trying to do cardio almost everyday. However the focus was to add strength. I bought this hoping that adding some BCAA's would make it easier to push a little harder.

500g tub with the following breakdown.

Serving size 1 scoop (8g's)

4g's L-Leucine
2g's L-Isoleucine
2g's L-Valine

This is a pretty straight forward supplement. It is BCAA's in a 2-1-1 ratio. I find that this ratio works for me and I like the serving size. If you wanted to go down I guess you could use a half scoop? I found that the 8g's worked for me, so I am happy with this configuration.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

Taste, so when I added this to pre-workouts I did get a leucine taste. However when I added it to protein drinks and to my smoothies I didn't notice any taste difference. It is a BCAA supplement, it is going to have a little taste.

The mix-ability was great I had no issues whatsoever. If you want you can take a scoop directly to your mouth and that works to. (taste is a little strong)

Dosing of this product was pretty simple for me. I used it anytime, sometimes in my pre-workout and sometimes in drinks I consumed later in the day. The serving size is 8g's. I know some people want more and some want less. The good thing is that this is a powder, so you can adjust it however you want to. It is a 2-1-1 ratio which for me seems to work fine.

During part of my run with this I was using a flavored BCAA Product from VMI. This is when it worked the best. (duh, doubling the BCAA's had a positive effect). I did notice a decrease in efficacy when I only was getting 5g's a day. I believe it still helped as when I went to zero my good friend DOM's came back to say hi. Now this did not totally stop muscle soreness, but I don't think anything I would take would do that. It does help soften the blow, and that is all that I am looking for. Products that shouldn't have any negative effects on me long term, but give me a little performance boost. I am not looking at becoming a professional athlete, I just want to enjoy my time working out and be able to walk the next day. Below I posted a few websites if you want to read more as data seems to be mixed.

As of 11/19/2018 this is selling for $22.95 for 500g's of powder. I bought it with a 20% discount, so you need to watch for sales.

Amazon has the optimum nutrition brand for $23.97

It seems that it is a good price. Once again you gotta look for sales. I am willing to pay what I paid for it, mainly because I trust the company and I don't see a big price difference between other products. It is a simple unflavored product.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product. Only thing is it changed the taste of some of the things I put it in.

Conclusion

If you want to have a product on the counter that can enhance other products. Give this a shot. I would wait until they are running a sale, but that is just the cheap old man in me. I found this product pretty useful, and it will not break the bank. I think that Prosource is a reputable company and this is a pretty straight forward product. I also think that the older you get these products tend to be more useful. I honestly can remember thinking that BCAA's didn't do anything for me. After age 40, I have noticed as I revisit some of the simple supplements that they now seem to "work". I give this particular product a thumbs up.

Overall
Thanks to Iconic Formulations for sending it out!
  November 15, 2018

Cons:

I wanted to try my first topical supplement. This seemed like a good fit for my goals of gaining a little strength. For me it worked.

Hello everybody, I am back for another review on a new type of product for me. This is my first topical supplement, neat huh? I am a 46 year old family guy who needs to stay in shape and probably improve so I can keep doing what I like to do. I used this run to try and gain some strength. I hit the weights 4 days a week and then did cardio as well. I started the run at 220#'s and ended at 222#'s. If you look at my log you will see that the poundage I am lifting went up. Biggest thing for me is Pull ups (couldn't do one in junior high, yep one of those kids). Went from 5x5 with a 1 band assist to 5x5 no assist. This is cool for me anyway. I also want to thank ICONIC Formulations and the SRTroopers program for allowing me to run this product.

Pages 84-87 covers this run.

Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin, Propylene Glycol Monolaurate, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tetrahydropiperine

What the heck? As you probably guessed I have never used a topical before. So the important ingredient is the 5z Hydroxy Laxogenin. I am guessing I am getting 20mg per pump (more description below) which led me to an 80mg daily dose. So playing google warrior I found dosage ranges between 50 and 150mg per day. With a clinical dose of 100mg. Big problem is it isn't absorbed very well, which is why I assume this product worked (for me anyway) is it isn't going through the digestive system. The profile seems ok to me as you can vary your daily application to your needs.

Here is an article on Laxogenin, it doesn't cover topicals but gives a view on 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin.

This is a topical, if you are tasting or mixing it you are doing it wrong.....

Dosing isn't difficult but it is confusing. At my bodyweight they suggest 4 pumps a day and show you where to apply it. After a shower and drying off, apply and let dry for 4 or 5 minutes. So for me pretty easy as I just showered dried off applied, then shaved, brushed teeth etc. By the time I was done it was dry. Here is the one issue, on the bottle it doesn't say how much Laxogenin you are getting. On the website it says each bottle contains "3g's of Laxogenin to allow for 100mg daily application". So I assume that is at the maximum 5 pumps. Which means at my weight I was getting 80mg's per day. Seems simple to put on the bottle 20mg's per pump.

In the month that I used this product my weights went up. That is the short and simple side. If you look at my log I did focus more on strength and so I would assume my strength would increase. However this seemed to up the desire to "hit more weights" if you know what I mean. I also was still able to do cardio, which as noted in earlier logs has been an issue as I get older. I also didn't get as sore from my workouts which I really noticed today as my body is feeling more sore than it has in the last month. I did go up in bodyweight as well, which I am not fond of but I guess 2 pounds won't kill me.

As of 11/15/2018 I found the following prices.

Company website at $49.99.

Amazon has it listed at $44.95.

For me this was a good value. 1 bottle at 4 pumps a day lasted about a month. For me that is in my price range, as I believe I saw positive results.

Side Effects

I had no real negative side effects. Only complaint is having to spread out that much lotion? Easier to take a pill than lather this on and wait for it to dry. But it did fit into my morning schedule with ease, so no down points. I forgot that I did get some joint pain, but I can't say this did it as I sorta overdosed on Halloween candy, then the joints hurt for about 4 days. As of today though I am back to normal, so I think it was more the sugar, but thought I should mention as if you read my log it is in there.

Conclusion

This was an enjoyable run for me. I think that even if it was only mental it gave me that drive and confidence to work a little harder. The result from that is totally obvious, I got results..... I think they should clean up the instructions in order to make it dummy proof, but other than that I had fun this month. I think that as I cut down the next few months ( I like to do things backwards, cut in winter play in summer) I will plan an 8 week run of this in the spring. I don't think this product costs too much, so with the sales I know will come up I will probably get a couple bottles so I am ready. If you are ready to try something different, pick up a bottle and lift some weight.

October 29, 2018

One of the most researched supplements on the market. It has been around for a very long time. This is a cost effective source of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate.

I am a 46 year old guy still trying to get in better shape and then stay that way. I have been working out with weights 4 days a week and doing cardio most other days. I have 2 teenagers, a wife and a Princess (fluffy dictator) that keep me very busy. I have been watching my diet on and off during the last year. I am finally able to push weights as my back is back in place...ha ha So that is why I decided to add back in some Creatine as I had been off for a while. I decided on Prosource as I have used it before and like their product. Below is my log in case you want a little more detail to what I do.

Micronized Creatine Monohydrate: 1000g container, suggesting 5g doses. (Creapure name brand)
    This is a top shelf creatine product. It is simple with no added ingredients. I like this product because of its simplicity.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

This is pretty much tasteless. It seems to mix as well as any creatine I have tried. I generally add it to my pre-workout or smoothie or protein shake during the day. As for Dosing, I don't follow the old school "loading" idea. I just use 5g's per day everyday. If you want to take it, it is easy to add to your daily routine. They do suggest taking one dose before and one dose after. I have done that, but for me I haven't noticed a difference so I just stick to the 5g's a day. (I do wish they would include a scooper though)((wife gets mad when she can't find her measuring devices.....)

Creatine for me gives me added recovery and strength gains and maintenance while dieting. I have used Prosource's product numerous times in the past and every time I have used it I have found benefits. I don't think it is like steroids or anything but for me, if I am pushing for something I find it easier with a daily dose of 5g's of Creatine. Some people are non-responders, if that is you, you might need to try some of the newer versions. Below I also posted a few links if you would like to read a little more on Creatine Monohydrate.

As of 10/29/2018 it is listed for $17.50 for 1000g's. For you math challenged people it works out to a little over 11 cents for a 5g serving.

My thoughts are that this is a great value for the branded "Creapure" creatine monohydrate. Most places will be in the 14 to 16 cents a serving. Now here is the kicker. At least 2 times per year they run sales, I bought this at a 20% discount. So, I paid $14 or 7 cents a serving. Remember you get 200 servings so you buy one on sale and you are good for over half a year.

Side Effects

I have no negative sides from my 5g dosage. However if you choose to load, or take more some people can get stomach discomfort and some people get dehydrated.

Conclusion

As you can probably tell, I like this product. I think the benefits of supplementing with creatine monohydrate are valuable. The plus side to this is it is a very cost effective brand to get the "good" creatine monohydrate. Prosource offers "Creapure" Micronized Creatine Monohydrate at a great deal. So for me it is one of those things that I think you should take. If you are going to take it you might as well go for a company you can trust and that is not over priced. So, next time you are looking at picking up Creapure, check out Prosource. Make sure you look for a sale though....

October 23, 2018

A review of supplemental protein. I work out often. I like to use supplements. This protein can help you hit your desired protein amount.

Here we go with another review of Protein Powder. Probably one of the most used supplements in my opinion. During this run I was lifting 4 days a week and doing some form of cardio on the other days. Wow that really seems familiar doesn't it.... Anyway, I picked up BPI's protein for 2 reasons. 1 it was a product that needed a review. 2, nutraplant had it on a great sale (cheapskate at heart). I used it to up my protein intake as well as add a chocolate cookie flavor to my morning smoothies.

We have a decent amount of protein per serving (25g's). With Zero Maltodextrin or fillers which is appreciated. They state "zero protein spiking" and verify it through ChromaDex. I guess that is good, but I didn't look into it but they seem proud of it. This has low sugar (2g's) which I also like as I am in a constant battle with the old expanding waistline. I would of liked to see less Cholesterol (lite me up if you want). One, because I don't personally think I need a lot of cholesterol as I generally have 3 eggs a day anyway. Two, in generally means a little lower quality protein (in my opinion, it generally has more concentrate and less Isolate). It is also low in fat, coming in at 3g's. So all in all it isn't a bad blend. I would like them to have a cleaner profile such as NutraBio, but I don't think this is really trying for that level of transparency. I would also have them drop Carrageenan out of the ingredients, but that is just me listening to a friend who has a reaction to it. (can cause swelling, joint pain etc.). Now for those of you who like labels, here we go.

Calories: 160

Protein: 25g's

Calcium: 300mg's

Sodium: 80mg's

Protein blend being:
    Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I bought what was on sale, which was Chocolate Cookie. I am not sure on the cookie part, but I did taste chocolate. Now this did not come across as a great chocolate taste. More of an ok flavor. I still like RCSS's proteins and MTS Machine Whey flavors better. So, drinkable just not a knock you out awesome type of thing.

I used anywhere from 4oz to 12oz of water (they suggest 5 to 6oz). I found that at 4 it did mix and gave a stronger sweeter flavor. However I generally used it at 12oz where I felt the chocolate cookie came out more and was less sweet. I guess it depends on your tastebuds. I also used it in my morning smoothies, which gave them a nice hint of chocolate. (feel free to check out my log to see what is in the daily smoothie).

Dosing with protein is simple. Take it when you want extra protein. Depending on what article you have read recently might change your mind. However for me I took it when I wanted to. I don't find adding a scoop of protein powder to water and drinking it is that challenging. It worked easily for me when I wanted to use it.

Effectiveness is an interesting thing to judge with protein. I kind of think it is like vitamins. You never know if you really need it or not. So I will break it down in the following ways. First off, when I added it to my morning smoothies I noticed that it kept me fuller a little bit longer. I normally have my second meal between 10 and 12. When I added protein it was always closer to 12. This is a good thing, since I probably have an unhealthy liking for food. Secondly this never gave me stomach issues. Some poor quality proteins have a tendency to give people gas or discomfort. I never had issues while taking this. This is also a good thing. Lastly for me, I noticed an uptick in recovery while taking this. Which is something all of us look for. It also means I probably don't get as much protein as I think I do from whole foods. So this was an added benefit. Bottom line is that this was effective for me. I think I have had better results with other products, but I have also had worse results. This one is right in the middle.

I found the following prices today (10/23/2018)

$24.80 on the old amazon website.

$31.95 on their website with an additional 35% with the code Halloween. ($20.77 if you don't like math or know how to ask SIRI)

$29.99 at nutraplanet, also to note it is a 4# tub, but only Granola Crunch or Banana Marshmellow exp 11/2018.

This seems to be priced at $1 a scoop for the 2.06#, I mean 1.8# umm 1.6# tub? I state this only because I found those numbers on different sites. However the tub on my table is 2.06#'s. In example my tub is 25 servings the tub on their site is 21 servings. Not sure what the deal is on that, but it is something to look at when purchasing. In comparing products this does seem a little high for what you get. I could get prosource's Nytrowhey for .91 cents a serving, not on sale (Whey Protein Isolate). Of course if I liked the discounted flavors that turns into .60 cents a serving, so it depends on what you find and what you like. I think this is a little high, but basically a meh price.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects during my use of this product.

Conclusion

My final thoughts on this product is that I would probably pass. If it happens to be on clearance, I would probably buy it. But it doesn't compete with my go to brands at regular price. I do think that protein powders have gotten better over the years and have also cleaned up their profiles. This one just seems to be in that mediocre MEH category. It wasn't bad, I could tell it worked, it just happens that there are better products out there that I like. So if you find this on sale, or are just looking for something different to try go ahead and pull the trigger. As for me, it will have to be on sale for me to consider buying again. It isn't a "bad" product, it just isn't an elite product.

October 18, 2018

• Slight Leaning Effect
    • 3 Carnitine Forms
    • Slight Increase In Focus

Pretty simple non stimulant fat loss aid. I think that this is something you need to take for longer than a month to notice results but I did feel it working.

Hello fellow supplement users. I am a 46 year old dad, trying to not have the "dad" bod..... I was lifting 4 days a week and doing some sort of physical activity everyday. I was given the opportunity to run a stack of supplements from VMI and would like to thank them for allowing me to do so. Also a shout out for our SrTrooper program as it continues to bring new products in for us to try. I logged the products, and if you are interested you can look at the link below.

l-Carnitine @ 1.5g's: Normal dosage is between 500mg's and 2000mg's so we are right where we should be here. This can be linked to fat loss in some people.

Acetyl L-Carnitine @ 750mg's: Dosed between 630mg's and 2500mg's. Which is at the lower end. This form is generally used for cognitive enhancement. Which helps explain the focus I had while using this.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate @ 750mg's: Dosed between 1g and 4g's. So we are low on this. This version is used more for sports performance, so I would like to see it bumped up to at least the 1g mark.

I think this is an interesting blend of L-Carnitine. It is only missing one version Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine (used to alleviate intermittent claudication and blood flow issues). I think it hits the ones linked to sports and sports performance. I believe they are all dosed pretty good, with LCLT being the only one slightly low. In my usage of the product I think it did what it claimed to do. Which means for me the product was effective.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Cherry Lime flavor and let me tell you. This was a kick in the pants every morning I took it. Now you could add it to a Pre-Workout (which I did) but taking in plain gives your mouth and body a wake up call. I was ok, just a little much for my liking.

This is a liquid that you shake, measure and shoot like a shot, so mix-ability wasn't an issue at all.

Dosing was fairly simple for me. I work out in the morning before food, so this was taken in the morning before working out. I know some of the other users varied the timing but this made sense to me. They say take one serving on an empty stomach before a meal or working out.

So this is supposed to boost metabolism and increase thermogenesis. I know research is kind of mixed on this so I am posting a couple websites for you to go investigate. I will just have to go off what I think it did for me. What I noticed is that I started sweating a lot easier than I did after stopping the product. Now does this help? Not sure, it made me feel like I was getting a good workout. (however, I noticed it even when walking the dog. I have a coton de tulear ((little white fluffy thing) so she doesn't walk fast). I also had more energy while working out. (I was stacking this with Agmapure, K-XR and Aminogen Ultra) so I can't guarantee this was totally responsible but I think it helped. Which I base off of using Carnitine products in the past. I did drop weight. About 2 pounds, but I also put them back on. Which is why I think you need to take this for a good 3 months.

As of 10/18/2018 I found the following prices. My opinion on value is that it is priced similar to other L-Carnitine products. At under 20 bucks for a month supply it isn't going to break the bank. That being said, I think it works better for some people than others. If it works I would run in for 3 months and see what happens. I can see myself using it next spring for the "summer" cut. If it doesn't work for you or you don't have a lot of patience the value goes down a little.

VMI has it on their website for $24.99.

Amazon has it for $18.99, fulfilled by VMI.... I always find that funny, probably because I am old.

Side Effects

Tastebuds puckering if that is a side effect.... Some mornings it was a nice wake up, others it was a little intense.

Conclusion

This is an interesting product. I think it has potential if used for an extended time. I don't think I would keep it as a "staple" on my counter. I do think I will use it, probably in the spring when I do a bigger cut. I think I would run 3 bottles if I do. I think this is one of those "extra" products. You know, people say it works, but there are non responders as well. I did enjoy using it and therefore I would tell people to give it a try. If it fits your budget run it at least 2 months and preferably 3. (just my thoughts, no scientific reason). Therefore when you find it on sale (black Friday?) buy 2 or 3 bottles and keep in around for that future cut we all know you will go on.

October 17, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Improved Recovery
      • Endurance
      • Taste

46 year old guy trying to stay fit. Aminogex Ultra, 7 grams of BCAA's with added Betaine and Glutamine to help kick the old muscle soreness to the curb. I found this product to help in that regards.

Repeat, 46 year old dad of 2, puppy walker of 1, husband of legal age marriage... (21 years if you don't do math). I am trying to stay as fit and active as I can for my kids, as I don't want to be that old guy who can't do anything..... I decided to run a stack of products from VMI. Thanks to the trooper program and the Trooper program I was able to do so. I think the products worked well together and appreciate the ability to try them. I was doing a 4 day lifting everyday cardio type routine. However in looking at my log I think I started missing some cardio.

Vitamin B6 @ 25mg's: With vitamins I am always on the fence, with this one because I eat banana's anyway I probably don't need it. It can help in performance and is well under the dose that could possibly lead to nerve damage I don't have a problem with it.

B12 @ 30mcg's: This can help with nerve damage, and dosing is 25 to 100mcg a day so why not have it in here. It is suggested the athletes who workout intensely supplement with this. I don't know if I fit the bill, but what the heck why not.

Instantized BCAA's @ 7g
        L-Leucine 3.5g's
        L-Isoleucine 1.75g's
        L-Valine 1.75g's

The building blocks of muscle. Depending on who you read or what you think this is a good amount. They used the 2-1-1 ratio which once again depends on you, I find that they work just as well for me as different ratio's I have tried. I did bump up the BCAA's about halfway through my run and noticed improvement so that is something to consider. I was happy with the results either way.

Betaine @ 1.25g's: This has been shown to help with performance, with the dosages studied being 1g to 6g's per day. I did notice improvement in my lifting and really like the inclusion of this ingredient.

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate @ 400mg: This can improve electrolyte balance, I didn't really find a dosage, so I am going to go by results. I seemed to stay hydrated even though I was taking a product that makes you sweat. So with no muscle cramping I think this helped.

Then we have 50mg's of the following:
        Potasium Glycinate
        Magnesium Glycinate
        Calcium Glycinate
        Sodium Chloride.
        The first 3 are included in (TRAAC's by albion). I am posting their website below if you want to delve into them a little more.

The last one Sodium Chloride really depends on your diet in my opinion. (not a doctor). If you are heavily exercising you sweat out salt so replacing it is a good thing as it keeps things balanced.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Tropical Mango flavor and found it rather enjoyable. Mango and some other fruit, with sweetness depending on how much I diluted it.

I had no issue with mix-ability. I use a shaker bottle with a metal ball in it. I do think I had a slight powder on the sides occasionally, but that happens with most things for me. Could be because I use the same shaker multiple times before I do a good washing, normally just rinse and air dry. (all scientists who want to inform me of bacteria etc... go away, I leave my pizza out over night as well).

Dosing is 1 level scoop in 8 to 16 ounces of water used before, during or after workouts. (can use up to 2 scoops per day). I used the product 1 time a day. I did use it during all time periods, but normally in the afternoon as a treat. This is when I found it helped the most as other times I have other things already in my system.

We have a BCAA product with added goodies. What did it do for me? Well, as I have been off product for a little over a week I can tell you 2 things. 1, I feel DOMS more than I did while taking this. 2, I seem to be dragging a little bit more than I was while taking this. Now, to be fair I also am not getting as much Stimulants as I was as my new pre-workout is weaker than the K-XR from VMI that I was using during the run. I also noticed that when I used this before workouts I seemed to both sweat more yet have more endurance. It seemed the weights where easier to lift as well, which I attribute to the Betaine. Once again I was stacking this, so I think this helped with keeping my hydrated even though other stuff was making me sweat. About halfway through the container I started adding a scoop of plain BCAA's to this and noticed an uptick in recovery. Which is one thing I would change. However if you where 2 scooping it you obviously wouldn't need to add them, but that would also really effect the value in my opinion.

As of 10/17/2018 VMI is selling the 30 serving tub for $34.99

$22.47 on the new goliath of everything.... Amazon!!!

This product is fairly priced for me. I look at my other amino product that I like (RCSS amino tone, $29.99 for 30 servings) and I see that this is right in there depending on where you get it. Realistically I find my products on sale or clearance so I think a dollar a serving is pretty good. I mainly used this to curb dumb choice snacking which would of cost more than a dollar.... So I give this good marks on price.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product. I did get reduction in Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), but that is what was supposed to happen and some would say therefore not a side effect. I figure, this is the smallest section of my reviews, I would add this just once..

Conclusion

In conclusion I first want to thank VMI and the SRTrooper program for allowing me to try this product. I had an enjoyable run, and although I can't guarantee that they work better together... I liked running a month of one brands products. I sometimes things are designed to work together. I think that as I get older I like to have both "treats" and things that help me move the next day. I think that this product hit the spot for that. I had noticeable reduction in soreness and seemed to be able to hit my workouts harder while using this. I think that just about anyone can benefit from some extra BCAA's then with the added ingredients I think you will really enjoy your month on AminoGex Ultra. Go grab a container and enjoy muscles that are less sore and workouts that are more fun....

October 16, 2018

• Consistent Throughout Workout

K-XR is a stim heavy pre-workout designed to get you moving. If you have the guts (and Tolerance) this will get you killing it in the gym.

Hello all, I am back with another product from VMI. I had the pleasure of running a VMI stack and found that they worked well together and helped me push through some fun workouts. I am a 46 year old guy who isn't totally ready to admit to being older (if you know what I mean). I have 2 kids a puppy and a wife that take a lot of time. I am generally on a cut as I can gain fat pretty easy. I tend to use supplements to help me with these goals.
          I logged the products as well, so if your interested feel free to check it out. During the run I was doing stuff everyday. I was lifting 4 days a week (Marc Lobliner 12 week functional fitness), as well as some form of cardio and such on the off days.

OK, my one knock.... Prop blends. I know, it shouldn't matter but it does. I am getting spoiled in my old age and I like knowing what I am putting in the old system. Anyway here we go, and remember you can always look up ingredients to see what they do and if you want to take them.

Niacin 35mg: Can help with blood flow. At this dose it shouldn't be harmful and can possibly help so it can stay.
          Vitamin B12 @ 35mcg: Can increase energy, however the effective dosage is probably closer to 1mg, so in this case I would drop this. I do however have a daily vitamin that also has this so I am slightly jaded.

Intense Pump Blend: 3.3g
          Carnosyn, Taurine, Theobromine

So the issue would be dosing. Carnosyn (beta alanine) is normally dosed at 3.2 G's and can be dosed higher. Taurine 500mg to 2000mg. Theobromine 25mg to 1000mg. Let's assume 3.2g's of carnosyn, which helps with blood flow (gives the tingles). Then the dosage is good. Which leaves 100mg for the rest. I will say that it worked for me so even if the dosages are low they seem to work together. I don't think I noticed much pump from the Theobromine, however I think I am too fat for pumps. I noticed a fullness when I added Agmapure, but without that added ingredient I didn't notice anything. I would like to see this breakdown. 3.2g, 1g, 500mg. But hey that is just me.

Maximum energy blend @ 637mg

Here we do have a little better idea as they state on the bottle 400mg of caffeine. ( although it is between Caffeine citrate and caffeine anhydrous). Then Infinergy (Dicaffeine Malate), Hordenine HCL, Rawolfia vomitoria root extract.

Once again this worked for me. I did not get the jitters nor did I crash. For me this "blend" seemed to work so I don't think that I would change it.

Focal & Cognitive Enhancing Blend @ 503mg

Consisting of Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia serrata club moss extract.
          This is to help your focus. Please read MarsheS review of this as my experience was different. I felt like I was "on" when I took this. My aside note is that I work out at home and don't have distractions. So for me I felt pretty focused as I went through my workout. At the end of the day I don't think I would change anything here either.

I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice and found it enjoyable. Kind of a tart sweet taste to me. Obviously depending on how much water you use makes the taste different.

I had no issues mixing this in as little at 6 ounces of water in my shaker bottle. That being said I normally used 10 to 12 ounces of water. (I work out in the morning and feel I need to get liquids into my system).

Dosing is as simple as it can be. 1 scoop 15 to 20 minutes before working out. To be fair, I used this everyday first thing in the morning (maybe a time or two later). I found that it normally started kicking in at the 20 minute mark for me. I also found that even if I waited longer it still helped my workouts. Other thing to note is that if you slam it and go I would feel the effects a little earlier.

I know that this is the important part of the review. However it is also kind of short and long..... So here is for the short side for you, it works.... Now those of you who are still reading, a little longer version. Looking back at my log, I consistently increased either reps or weight during the whole run of this. I also had extra energy and added some stuff on various days. Considering that the plan I was using was 5 sets of 10 or more I think that is pretty good. I also note that I did cardio after lifting. So even though it is high stim I didn't feel my heart explode, and yes I have one.... Or at least I haven't been told I am heartless since high school (you do the math). I also liked that for me I didn't crash afterwards, just a nice slow mellowing if that makes sense. So for me this was very effective, lastly this was my only caffeine intake for the day so I was glad it lasted a while.

As of 10/16/2018 VMI is running it for $34.99 a tub, 30 servings (unless you think you need 800mg's of stims...)

Amazon 1 time purchase has it for $29.99.

This is right in my friend zone. Basically a dollar a day, you can't go wrong with that. I think NutraBio has some that are a little more, however RCSS has YeahBuddy for basically the same. So I am content on paying for this, as it delivered the performance I want.

Side Effects

When stacking with Agmapure I had some pre workout runs to the bathroom. Without that I was way more normal but Caffeine can help loosen things up, at least for me. No emergency evacuation or accidents while working out though. Occasional tingles from the Carnosyn. I will also add that if you are stimulant sensitive to be aware this has a good kick....

Conclusion

This is pretty simple. If you are stimulant sensitive, try a quarter or half scoop. If you like stims use this for 30 productive workouts. I know that there are some prop blends in this and I would like to see the transparency that NutraBio shows, however this seemed to work. More importantly there didn't seem to be any effects that would make me question what is in here. (if you know what I mean). VMI seems to have come out with products that work for me and therefore I will cut them some slack on the blends thing. I look forward to running some of the other flavors down the road and would tell you all that you should give this a go as well. As a final thought/ side note, I am a VERY STIM tolerant person. I know some of the reviewers had issues with this, but I honestly didn't. So, use your head, check your ego at the door and use this responsibly.....

October 3, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Reduction Of DOMS
          • Purest Form Of Agmatine
          • Stomach Issues

Plain old Agmapure to help pumps. I also think it can help recovery. We will see how it goes. For me it is an "extra" goodie to throw in every once in a while.

Hello guys, I am back with a single ingredient review. I am almost done running a stack of VMI products and this is the container I finished first. I work out 5 to 7 days a week. I am finally not concerned about my back. I have gained weight and am trying to drop it. I started a lifting program by Tiger Fitness's CEO. So I was lifting 4 days a week. I used this product in varying ways. 1, 2, and 3 scoops per day. If you choose you can check out my log on how things went. My weight stayed relatively the same however the last week it has been dropping. Lastly I want to thank the SRTrooper program and VMI for allowing me to give this product a shot.

Pages 81-84

I love these 1 ingredient profiles it makes my job so much easier...

1 scoop = 500mg of Agmapure (augmatine sulfate)

This is pretty simple, and with this scoop size you have pretty good flexibility on how you choose to use it. I have no complaints on this one.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I added this to my pre-workout and my BCAA's and couldn't tell it was there. So for me no taste whatsoever. I also had no issues with mix-ability. It completely dissolved in everything I put it in. Dosing was pretty easy. I break down how I used it in the Effectiveness section. It sill is pretty simple, I think most people will use this post workout. Dosage ranges I found were anywhere from 145mg to 2670mg.

Ok so the important part. Did this work for me? I must say that I think it did it's job. I will talk a little bit on how I used it and why. I also posted 3 sites below that have more information and VMI's site as it talks about the product as well. I also want you to know that I don't really feel I get "Vein splitting pumps" I am too fat. In my opinion anyway, what I do get is a "Fullness" in the muscles worked. I also notice better recovery as I upped the dosage. This can also be used as a cognitive enhancer and also for pain relief. I think that is why I liked the bigger spread out dosing I ended up with.

1 scoop: Nothing big to notice here, I think it helped but didn't notice anything big. I used this with K-XR (VMI's pre workout) so I had good workouts and had some soreness. Side note I hadn't been pushing weights much at all this summer as I fixed my old body.

2 scoops: I noticed a much better feel of my muscles. Seemed to have more energy with this dosage as well.

3 scoops: taken separately due to side effects (will list below) This is where I liked the product the best. I used 1 scoop pre, 1 scoop post and one scoop with my BCAA's in the afternoon. This seemed to give me the muscle fullness I wanted. More importantly for me it seemed I recovered a lot better. I really wasn't sore even though I was doing more than I was before.

As of 10/3/2018 I found the following prices.

VMI has it for $24.99 which for me would be 20 servings (it is a 60 serving container), or a little over a dollar a day.

Good old Amazon has it for $14.99.

However the best is all star health at $11.11 which the best deal I found.

My opinion is that this is an extra type product, I think there are cheaper brands out there. For example Muscle feast has a 100g container for $18.99, but you have a 1500mg scoop. Which for me wouldn't work. https://www.musclefeast.com/products/agmapure-agmatine. So I think the VMI product is in the game, but could be cheaper.

Side Effects

So for me I had those, "I need to hit the bathroom and evacuate a section of my body". Interestingly I got used to single doses. However anytime I tried upping the single dose I needed to be near a bathroom. The problem with this is I can only assume it effects the absorption when this happens. Another reason why I liked the spread out dosing, as it didn't seem to have as big of an effect on me.

Conclusion

I am thinking you can pretty much guess my opinion on this one. I liked it and I think it helped. When I have some extra cash I will probably run it again as I do believe it helped Augment my training recovery. Some people will need the 3 scoops which makes this product a little pricey as it is an add on to your pre-workout (for most people anyway). I still think that it is worth looking at when you end up it a rut and want to "try" something different.

September 3, 2018

Supplemental protein is something most of us use. The question comes down to cost and quality. I decided to give this a shot as GNC is right next to Papa Murphy's..

46 year old trying to keep as mobile as possible. I got off track this spring by messing up my back. Exercise intensity went down, stupid food went up... You can guess the rest. I have been pain free for a while but haven't got back on track. I picked this up because I was picking up a pizza for the family. I have been trying to workout a little everyday and slowly getting back to it. I used this to increase my protein intake. My log is below however I didn't really keep track of dosing in it. Just gives an idea on what I do.

1 scoop (35.5g)

Calcium 130mg
          Iron .8mg
          Sodium 80mg
          Potassium 330mg

I hate to beat a drum, but hey this is just protein. This is a blend of Whey protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate. They don't have carrageenan in it which I appreciate. As it can cause issues for some people. It does have 85mg of Cholesterol, which is more than MTS, however if that is an issue you need to buy an Isolate and be done with it. Overall I am impressed with this product. It is also Banned substance free and certified Informed Choice. So that is a benefit also.

I bought the Chocolate Supreme and I was impressed. Realize that my last protein wasn't tasty so that could also effect my taste. It was very drinkable, not the best powder I have had but it was really enjoyable and I did go through it pretty fast.

I used this with water by itself and in my smoothies. This mixed really easily in as little as 6oz of water. Which leads me to believe that it is of higher quality than some of the old GNC stuff I have had in the past.

I generally single served this 1 to 2 times a day. I did occasionally have a 2 scoop shake just to see what it would do to me. Protein in my opinion is easy to dose. Take it when you want a treat or when you feel you need to add some protein throughout your day. For me it isn't rocket science so I try and not overthink it.

Effectiveness for protein powder is simple for me. Does it taste good so I will drink it? Yes. Does it give me stomach discomfort or other issues? no. Is it a quality product that I can trust? I think so.

I use powder as a supplement to my diet and as a treat to take the edge off of my sweet tooth. This product worked well for me. I liked the flavor enough that it would stop me from cheating in the afternoon. It also added some protein to my diet. I have noticed that I eat less protein when I am in full Smoothie diet plan. I assume due to the extra bulk in my tummy, this allowed me to get some back in without having a bloated feeling.

As of 9/3/2018 they have it listed for $24.99 for a 2# jug/25 servings and a 5# jug/64 servings for $49.99

Here is the deal, I actually bought this for $19.99 as I found out my GNC Gold card disappeared and if I signed up for a "new" account I saved $5.00. Another reason I bought it, it was pretty cheap. Obviously the bigger jug is a better deal, and if you can get it on sale even better. My normal comparison is MTS Machine whey which is normally $54.99 for a 5#jug. So this is cheaper, however MTS does taste better in my opinion.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a protein and are willing to give GNC another try then I suggest you pick this up. I found my run with this to be rather enjoyable. I mixed well and had enough protein to satisfy my needs. I can also only assume that it will go on sale in which case it will be an even better value. It is nice to see companies finally figure out that simple and clean is best. This product says what it is and it is what it is. No crazy claims, just simple basic no frills protein. Heck, if you haven't shopped for a while, pick up the card and save some money as the card is now free.... I am happy that I decided to give GNC another chance and I hope you will too.

August 20, 2018

Simple, I need to stop shopping. However, since I am the one that does the shopping I keep finding new things to try. This time a Protein Cookie from performance inspired nutrition. 22g of protein, 8 g of fiber and the darn things where pretty tasty.

I am back again with another PIN product to review. Spoiler alert, I actually liked this one, so we are shooting 2 for 5 so far. I have been lifting 3 days a week and doing cardio on the other days. I am unfortunately in a maintenance stage, or at least that is what I am calling it. The summer became busy, the end of summer is hectic. So I am always looking for something to snack on that isn't totally bad for me. In came these cookies, after liking the chips they offer I decided to give it a go.

One annoying thing is this is 2 servings per 1 cookie container. Come on people don't say 22g of protein only to later tell me that is for 2 servings. Make it a serving and let little people decide to eat half a cookie... I mean who does that anyway?

Per serving breakdown. (Chocolate Chip)

Total Fat: 6g

Sugars 6g
          Other carb 4g
          Sugar Alcohol 0g

Protein 11g

Ok so a couple things that bother me. As stated above you have to double this to figure out what your getting. Which ticks me off as far as the sugar goes. 12g is a lot of sugar for most of us. It does explain why they taste good though doesn't it. Another issue I have is the Other Carb? What the heck, if you don't know where it comes from maybe it shouldn't be there. I assume that it comes from multiple sources and they didn't want to have to list them all. However you know what assuming things can get you... The protein comes from WPC 80 and Whey Isolate, which is nice to see. They do use non dairy creamer which I am not a fan of though. I guess at the end of the day I used this as a treat, and they are healthier than Cold Stone Ice Cream......

I used four varieties of these and rank them as follows.
          Chocolate Chip
          Cranberry Oatmeal
          Peanut Butter
          Dark Chocolate Chip

They all tasted pretty good. They have that nice soft texture to them. I liked the Chocolate Chip the best and tended to stick with that flavor. They did remind me of Grandma's Cookies, (assuming it wasn't an old one). They where more "soft batch cookie" than say a Quest cookie. They also have more fat and sugar in them. There is no mixing involved as it is a pre-packaged cookie. As for dosing, one silly cookie is 2 servings. Which is annoying as the show 22g protein per cookie, 8g of fiber per cookie on the front. If you don't read the Nutrition Facts, you might miss that to get that you also have to double the other things. Still at the end of the day the dosing is easy. If you can't figure out how to eat a cookie, well, you probably have some other concerns as well.

This is added protein and fiber. I used them as snacks and they worked great. They took the sweet tooth edge off. They also filled me up enough to get to my next food intake. They are not as filling as Quest bars or cookies which have more fiber. They travelled well, even when left out in the heat didn't get destroyed, (sometimes protein bars melt). For me these where a really nice product to have available when I needed them.

As of 8/20/2018 they list the price at $27.49 for a box of 12, $2.29 a cookie.

I bought them at Hy-Vee for $2.49 per package. I didn't really have a problem paying for them as they where easy to pick up in store. Yep, I am a sucker for things placed at eye level..... In this case it worked out for me.

So the obvious thing is this isn't cheap, a protein shake is cheaper. However sometimes, in my case anyway I need something transportable and this fit the bill. For comparison they are more expensive than Larry and Lenny's which to me are similar.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from these cookies....

Conclusion

It is one of those things. I liked them, and I will probably continue to use them. I think if they could drop the sugar, and increase the fiber I would like them even better. But, I drink smoothies that most of you think are grass, take that into consideration. If you like a little sugar and are looking for something that is easily transported and tastes good than these will work for you. I have enjoyed using them and as I said above will still continue to use them as they are healthier than the cookies my wife and kids make. I like the idea of them donating to charity, and I like the marketing of a "clean" profile. So for me these work.