Wis3guy

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Wis3guy

February 15, 2018

Hello guys, I am back to do another review on an MTS product. This time I decided to join the "cool kids" club and get an All Natural protein to see if it would give me better results than the normal stuff I use, (MTS Machine Whey). Now realize I am a 45 year old guy with a wife, dog and 2 teenagers. What does that mean? Simple, I am crazy busy and crazy broke..... So take that into account. I have been on a continuous cut, which started being effective in August. I am working out using the Beachbody Insanity program. My main objective was to cut more weight and keep my muscles, using this protein to supplement my gains and losses.

This product starts on page 56 and ends on 63.

So this tells you what is in it. It is not as transparent as NutraBio, but honestly who is? So in the ingredient profile we have the following:

Grass Fed Non-GMO and rGHb free whey protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Ticaloaid Powder, Stevia

This gives us the following nutritional breakdown:

0g fat
5mg Cholesterol
170mg Sodium
220mg Potassium
2g Total Carbohydrates
26g Protein

What is my opinion of this? Well each 31g serving contains 84% protein. It is a very clean protein powder, in all of the new age tree hugging good for you awesomeness. It does have Ticaloid Powder which is used as a stabilizer thickener. Ticaloid has Carrageenan in it which for some people causes inflammation. I don't have that reaction so it's not a big thing to me.
I like the 26g's of protein per serving as it allows me to use it as I see fit. This is low fat and low carb so it can fit into anyone's diet plan.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

Taste? Well let me tell you, I liked this as a mix-in for my smoothies. However as a stand alone I was not impressed. I understand that it is ALL NATURAL, but honestly when mixed with water it had a bitter aftertaste that I was not a fan of. The chocolate flavor was just a little off, I could tell it was chocolate, just not sweet chocolate. Reminded me more of Dark Chocolate.

Mix-ability: This is a natural protein isolate it mixes very well. I used anywhere from 4oz to 12oz in my shaker bottle and it worked every time. No chunks and or floaters in this stuff.

My ratings of protein are pretty simple. Will I drink it? Because honestly if I won't it will never give me any results. How does it sit in my stomach? I don't have time for bloating or trips running to the bathroom. Lastly is it helping me recover? I use the added protein to hopefully build and repair muscle.

So now that you know that, how did it work? Pretty darn good, except for the first part. I really didn't ever look forward to drinking this. So I stuck it in my smoothies, sometimes my morning one I post, and more often in the afternoon in my other one. This product gave me no stomach issues or urgent needs to run to the bathroom. As for recovery, I think it helped. I am smaller and just as strong as I was when I started taking this. Which means score! for MTS

As of 2/15/2018 Tiger Fitness has it listed at $39.99 which is $1.38 per serving.

This seems to be the only place to get it. It is high cost compared to their Machine whey at $29.99 which is $1.24 a serving. That being said Nutrabio's All natural 2# container is $49.99 or $1.68 a serving. So there we have the conundrum. Compared to other products it is fairly priced, however to me the value isn't there as I didn't see better results on it compared to "normal" whey protein. So if I looked at my value I would say 6, compare it to other products in the same category I say 8. Which leads to my final answer of 7.

Side Effects

The only thing I didn't like was the sharp after taste. Other than that I had no negative sides.

Conclusion

So here is the problem. If you look at my ratings they are all over 7. Which normally would mean a positive sign of approval. However I gave it the "meh" face, because for me personally I won't buy it. I didn't see a vast improvement in any category that would bring me to spend the extra money. (remember the old cranky broke guy in the beginning?). Yep he is in full swing. That being said, if you are looking for "Grass Feed, ALL Natural, ETC...." then give this product a try. I on the other hand will go for a product that is cheaper and tastes better. Machine Whey. Yes, I know, not the same category. However I like that protein, and I don't notice a difference for my body. Maybe I'm not an elite athlete, or maybe the rest of my nutrition isn't on point enough to notice a difference. So there ya go, if you want natural give it a go, if not give it a pass. Either way it can help you reach your goals and look better AU Naturel..... Yep, I had to leave you with the visual!!!!

February 15, 2018

Hello people, I am back with another review. This one is sponsored by me, as I decided to do some spring shopping. I am a 45 year old who seems to be on a perpetual cut. I have been cleaning up my diet and using Shaun T's "Insanity" program. If you are looking at my log, this product start on Page 56 and runs current. I bought two containers of this, so I will update after month 2 as well. I started this at 200#, and ended 30 days later at 196.2#. I decided to run this as I have dropped 40#'s since August and wanted to see if this would give me a boost.

https:/...

I am going to talk about the ingredients that I think are most beneficial or that peak my interest. This label is fully disclosed so you can look into the ones I don't go into depth on.

L-Taurine @ 1g: So one of the benefits of Taurine is it can help with cramping when taking fat loss supplements. 1g is in the effective dose range, and I didn't cramp up. It also increases blood flow which in theory should help the other ingredients do their job.

L-Tyrosine @ 500mg: This is being used as an anti stressor in my opinion. Normal doses of 500mg to 2000mg are used prior to exercise to reduce stress. It also can help cognition, so you can stay more focused.

Caffeine Anhydrous @ 250mg: Everyone knows about caffeine. I liked the fact that I know how much I am getting, and that for me I didn't crash or get jittery on this. I used the pre-workout so I made sure not to use a pre-workout with more caffeine.

Coleus Forskholii extract @ 125mg: This can help with fat loss. The dosage is a little light as I found recommended is 250mg 2 times per day. However that is at 10% forskolii, and to give credit this product uses 20% forskolii root.

L-Theanine @ 100mg, Theobromine @ 50mg, Citrus Auranthium @ 50mg, Hordenine HCL @ 25mg and Hidenamine HCL @ 20mg. I have seen all of these in other products and have had varying personal luck with them.

Lastly in this product we have an anti-oxidant blend of the following, all at 4mg's.

Broccoli extract, spinach powder extract, cranberry fruit powder, pomegranate fruit powder and grape seed extract.

If you have been looking at nutrition, you see all the "cool" things in here. We all know we don't eat totally correctly and this probably gives our immune system a boost, which could help us drop fat easier. I am not sure it's needed but I did stay healthy while taking this. We need to remember that weight loss is a "stress" to our bodies, so adding something to take that stress away is a good thing in my opinion.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I bought both flavors of Drop Factor as I wanted to run it for 8 weeks. The Mango flavor is interesting, it is a little subdued and honestly smells more aromatic than it tastes. I had no issues drinking it, it just seemed it could of had a stronger taste. Raspberry Lemonade was a little bit better, the funny thing is the smell wasn't as good? It didn't smell bad just not as pleasant as the Mango.

Mix-ability of drop factor was pretty good. I was generally adding MTS Creatine to it so I did have some white bits left, but I believe that was the Creatine. I used a shaker bottle with the metal whisk every time. I also used 12oz of water 90% of the time. So take that into account.

Dosing is spelled out pretty good on the container. The whole safety thing is in full effect. Start out with 1/2 scoop then add when you asses your tolerance. The interesting thing is it says to take with your morning meal or before morning cardio. I did the second as I work out in the morning. I also started with the full dose of one scoop in the morning and one 6 to 8 hours later. Another thing to note is Drop Factor pills has Yohimbine HCL in it, the powder does not. However Tiger fitness sent a bottle of Yohimbine HCL with each jug of drop factor. I am guessing it's because some people don't tolerate Yohimbine HCL very well.

So as I posted about I dropped 3.8#s. Now if you have read some of my logs you can figure out that I have lost more weight on previous things. So why is this effective? I am taking into account that I am now skinnier. Let's be honest, it has to be easier to lose fat at 240#'s than at 200#'s. I also was injured for a week of this first months run so I looked at that as well. This is a Thermogenic fat loss support supplement. I will tell you I was sweating more than normal. I have dropped pant sizes, and maintained my strength so I think the weight I lost is fat. Is this a 10 on effectiveness? Nope, I am holding out for a product that is a magic pill, where I don't have to eat healthy or exercise and still drop weight. That is my perfect 10, but I really liked my run on this.

As of 2/15/2018 Tigerfitness has this at $36.99

As of 2/15/2018 Amazon has it for $39.99

So depending on tolerance this is a months supply. So the last few products I've used have been in this price range $.62 a serving or $1.23 per day for you non math guys. I honestly think this is a pretty good value. Partly because I think it helped me out in my weight loss journey, but also because Tiger Fitness sent free Yohimbine HCL, which they took out of the powdered version.

Side Effects

I experienced no unexpected negative side effects. I do think I tended to sweat a bit more, but what do you expect from a thermogenic agent?

Conclusion

If you are looking for a little added kick in the pants to spur yourself to a Speedo Swimsuit summer. Then look no further, pick yourself up some drop factor and hit the workouts hard, however don't send me pictures of the speedo. Spandex is a privilege not a right. This product helped me drop some rolls, and was a pretty effective pre-workout. If you are caffeine sensitive this might be a little much as with 2 servings a day you hit 500mg's of the good stuff. I think you need to look at weather you add in the Yohimbine HCL or not, it's a personal decision, for me I didn't get any bad side effects, so I used it and up the dose during my run. I like the fully disclosed label, and therefore give it my stamp of approval.

I will update in the comments what happens after the 2nd month on drop factor. Hopefully it keeps kicking the fat to the curb.

Overall
Thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 12, 2018

• Improved Recovery
  • Intraworkout Stamina
  • Reduced DOMS

Well, here I go again on a review....(anyone old enough tell me the band). I am getting closer to 46 years old, 195#'s and the ability to wear much smaller pants. I workout between 5 and 7 days a week. I am trying to lose weight and keep the muscle, which is why I wanted to try this product to aid in recovery. I currently am running Insanity and throwing in some lifting on some days as well.

Pages 56 through 62 covers my use of this product.

I also want to thank Destine Nutrition for participating in o...

Pages 56 through 62 covers my use of this product.

I also want to thank Destine Nutrition for participating in our SRTrooper program, as well as the Trooper program for getting us new stuff to try and allowing us to expand our knowledge.

Calcium @ 36mg: Can help with heart and nerve function, and in higher doses help with bone loss. I am guessing here it is the relaxation they where going after.

Magnesium @ 32mg: Normal dosing is 200 to 400mg, however this amount might help in making your systems relax a little bit, and this is a recovery product.

Sodium @ 25mg and Chloride @ 38mg: I put these together because they are using Sodium Chloride to give you those numbers. This could help with hydration, and hey why not put some stuff in here to keep moving.

Potassium @ 20mg: So this product can help your muscles not cramp up. However this is a pretty small dose. Normal daily dosage for adults is 4700mg so you are getting a sprinkling of what you need for the day.

Now on to the BCAA's........

They are using a 2.5g to 1.5g to 1g ration which is perfectly ok with me. So they have respectively L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-valine. I know that the big trend is added L-Leucine, but I haven't noticed a difference for me anyway on how well the product works and I have had some with a 10 to 1 ratio.

They also added the following.

Taurine @ 1500mg: This helps with blood flow and exercise capacity. Dosages up to 2000mg's is acceptable with 3g's a day being the upper safe limit.

Finally the new buzz product:

Coconut Juice Powder @ 300mg: So this is supposed to help with hydration. Dosages vary depending on what your reading so I think for me this is acceptable. I still am not totally sold on all the hype though.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the BerryLimeade and thought it was OK. Not a great flavor but it was drinkable and didn't make me unhappy about life. I think I've said that as I get older I get more finicky in what I'm willing to drink. This I am willing to drink.

The mix-ability of this in a shaker bottle with metal whisk ball was pretty decent. There is some slight foaming and a few sand pieces on the side, but if you shake and drink you should be ok.

I used this as a pre-workout, post workout and an afternoon treat. They say drink one serving before, during, or after exercise days, or throughout the day on non-training days. The take away is? Drink it whenever the heck you want to, and therefore it is very easy to use in my humble opinion.

So, did this work for me. I would say that I could tell that it was. Now I honestly think I liked it pre-workout best. I think that when I used it pre-workouts it made the "Insanity" a little bit easier. I still had less DOMS the next day no matter when I took it but I noticed the uptick in my workouts when I had this already coursing through my veins. I don't think I am alone when I say as we age one of the big things we miss is the ability to recover..... This helped me out and did the job.

As of 2/12/2018 their own website lists this at $44.99 for 30 servings.

So is it spendy? Yep. Is it worth it? Maybe, it's basically $1.50 and since I don't always want to drink plain water there are not a lot of healthy options. Now compared to Aminotone from RCSS which I liked it is $.50 a serving more but if I find it on sale I think it could be ok. Also once they start sending it to other distributers I will assume it will get closer to that $1.00 a serving we all like.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects while I was using this. I can't blame an amino supplement on tweaking my back can I?

Conclusion

At the end of the day one needs to figure out what works best for them. I have found that I like BCAA supplementation. I "feel" better when I get it and it also helps diminish the cravings for other non healthy tasty things. I firmly believe that this is a good product. What will hold it back for a little is distribution. I think when they get to more retailers the price will make it more competitive. That being said it does have some extras in it and I guess things keep getting more and more expensive, sometimes you just have to pull the trigger and give it a try.

Overall
Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 21, 2018

Hello again, it's time for another review. I am a 45 year old guy who is working on getting in better and better shape. While running this product I was doing Shaun T's "Insanity" program and lifting a few days a week. I am in re-comp mode and continue to drop weight. I saw this come up and wanted to add a different kind of protein to my stack. I want to say thank you to BarnDad Nutrition and the Trooper program for allowing me to try this product out. You can check out my log for a few of my smoothie recipe's.

Man I hate to say this but..... It's a "real clean" protein. We have ChikPro Chicken Protein Hydrolysate, Primera instant egg whites, Natural flavors, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Monk fruit and stevia. This gives us the following profile.
1g of fat (makes it easy for us dieters)
2g carbs (makes it easy to fit into any lifestyle)
0g sugar (I like this because I have been cutting sugar from my diet)
21g Protein (I might of liked 25g but that is ok you can always double scoop)

I think this is a novel idea to use something different than the classic "whey" we have all been used to. When we look at the numbers we get 75% protein per scoop. I like this number to be higher but it isn't bad, and I am guessing its the flavoring that knocks it down.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

So taste wise I asked for the orange smoothie flavor and it was interesting. If anyone remembers the Pre-Workout ultimate orange it kind of reminds me of that. I actually liked the taste and also used it in my smoothies which added a nice orange flavor.

Mixing this was not the best. In my shaker cup I always ended up with some clumpies. However when I put it in my smoothies using my Vitamix blender it was smooth and tasty. In their defense it does say that it "blends" easily. Also the clumps where not detrimental to drinking it so it is all good.

Dosing is as simple as a protein can get. Drink it when you want extra protein. That is what the directions basically say and kind of how I used it. I used this pre, post, days off and for snacks. I used 1 and 2 scoops and sometimes had it 2 times during the day. So I think it is easy to fit your schedule.

I rate this just as effective as my go to whey proteins. It added to my protein consumption for the day and I believe aids in recovery. I use protein supplements as a supplement.

So as of 1/21/2018 their website has this listed for $64.95 for 30 servings, or for you math challenged people $2.17 a serving.

Good ole Amazon has it for $47.68 or $1.59 a serving.

So is it worth the extra cost? I'm not really thinking so. I can get Nutrabio whey for $1.34 without looking too hard, and I can go to my favorite MTS machine Whey for about 84 cents a serving. Now if you are whey intolerant or you just want something different that is good for you go ahead. I also think that as it becomes more available it might drop in price.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

So what are my final thoughts for this bad boy. First I think it is a novel approach that gives us workout warriors a different option from the classic whey protein. I think as they become more popular and get out to the other retailers the price will become more competitive. I have found for me I don't notice a real difference between whey concentrate and whey isolate, so it also depends on your tolerance for things. This is also a Paleo Friendly protein for those of you who look for that. This is why I am on the edge. I do recommend this protein, as I think it can fit into anyone's diet plan. I just hope the price comes down a little. The only other thing would be to get it to mix a little better as well. In closing I answer the question posed in the title. Which comes first, the chicken or the Whey? For me the whey comes first with the chicken coming in a close second........

January 10, 2018

Cons:

Hello again from the guy in constant re-comp. So todays review is of RCSS Creatine XS. During this review I was running the Insanity program, a bunch of other supplements, as well as lifting a few days a week. The goal is simple lose unwanted fat and still maintain muscle mass and gain strength. I bought this along with a bunch of protein bars from RCSS and thought this would be a good time to run it to see what would happen.

Pages 49 through 52

I believe th...

Pages 49 through 52

I believe that this is another single ingredient review. It is a simple 2.5 Grams of Creatine Monohydrate. Now honestly I do wish he used Creapure branded product as it is known for its purity. But then again it worked so I can't complain to much.
    I also honestly wish it was a 5 Gram scoop as most people use at least 5 Grams. But if your using a pre-workout that has it this could be useful.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

How can an unflavored product get a 10 on flavor. Simple it didn't change the flavor of anything I added it to. Also it didn't taste like anything when I occasionally scooped it directly into my mouth.

This product mixed really well. However I find that with Micronized Creatine I generally don't have a problem. Plus if you have read my reviews you know I have a shaker bottle and I always shake and then drink.

Dosing is simple. They suggest 1 scoop with 4-6oz of your choice of beverage. As I noted above I always 2 scooped it as I wanted the 5 Grams of Creatine.

So did this work. Yes, I feel that I got stronger and lost weight at the same time. For those of you who don't want to read the log.

Weight: Start 208.6#s Finish: 203.6#s
    Strength: Bench sets of 3
    155, 160, 165, 170, 175, 180
    to
    160, 165, 170, 175, 180, 185
    So I jumped up and would start the following week at 165.

So is it all based by creatine? Nope, but I can tell you that after being off my stack, which included Creatine I did get my flat bench done, however my incline DB went to heck in a hand basket....... Also things are "Feeling" heavier.

As of 1/10/2018 their website has it for $19.99, however you can find occasional sales.

Bodybuilding.com has it for $9.38

Prosource.net has 500g for $11.95 of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate in their house brand. So RCSS is 3.1 cents per gram compared to Prosource's 2.4 cents per gram of the "best" CM you can buy. So honestly it is a little expensive. If I remember I got this cheaper because I bought a bunch of Protein Bars (which are delicious). So not the best value, but you can shop around.

Side Effects

I sound like a broken record, or I just pick good products. I had no negative side effects.

Conclusion

So what is the final decision? Simple if you can find this on sale, or you get a good deal I believe it is worth a try. It is such a cheap insurance policy that I don't see how you can go wrong. I seriously think that as long as you buy from a reputable company, which RCSS is in my humble opinion. Then you can't go wrong. Besides with one of the most researched compounds that help us build muscle, why wouldn't you throw some down and go be a "King" at the gym.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      January 9, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Immune Health
    • Mixes Perfectly

Hello all, I'm back again. The good news is since this is a single ingredient product it should be a lot shorter than normal. Anyway, on to the information. I am a 45 year old who has been trying to lose 40#. While at the same time gain strength. I was using a super stack of product last month as I hadn't run a stack in a while and wanted to see the synergy between products. I was running Shaun T's Insanity program as well as getting in some bench and bicep stuff depending on how I felt. During this run I continued to drop weight and gain strength. I grabbed this as I hadn't run Glutamine in a long time and figured with the added stress it might be beneficial.

Pages 47 through 54

Lastly thank you NutraBio for allowing me to run this product. Also for being willing to participate in the SRTrooper program. Another shout out to the SRTrooper program which allows me and a bunch of other guys to try products that we find interesting.

Wow one measly ingredient? I am not sure how to handle this.

L-Glutamine (Kyowa Quality) (as 100% pure pharmaceutical grade) 5 Grams:
      Other Ingredients: ABSOLUTELY NONE (I had to put that, because I like Fully disclosed labels and NutraBIo is awesome at this)

If you want to know some more about L-Glutamine you can click on either link below. I guess you could also google it yourself. Research is easy and fun to do. The important thing for me is knowing this is a high quality product.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I asked for and received the Raw Unflavored version. It didn't change the taste of anything I put it into. I also did a few scoops directly into my mouth. I want to say it has a slight sweet taste but no flavor if that makes sense.

The mix-ability of this product was great. Now remember I am a shake and drink kind of guy and I use a shaker bottle with the metal whisk. But I had no clumping or settling issues.

The dosing for me was interesting. I originally wanted 3 per day as that is the top dose that they suggest. However in reality I think I ended up more in the 1 to 2 servings a day. I added it to my morning pre-workout and then when I remembered some other drink of the day. The times I shot it straight into my mouth I rinsed it down with water, which was normally before bed. They say to take this on an empty stomach, and honestly that would be an issue if I tried more than 2x a day. Even with my diet on check I'm eating something every few hours. I also want to say (in case you don't click the links) there can be build up of ammonia in your blood serum. But that is 51 grams for a 150# individual

So if you read the above article you would be thinking, why did I buy this? However it also says that it is good for intestinal and immune system health. Now to be honest what I was looking for was my immunity. Not that I get sick a lot, but the kids and wife have been bringing stuff home and I didn't want to slow down my progress. So as far as that goes, during my run of this.... Everyone in the family has been sick at least once if not twice, except me. No, I didn't go to a hotel when they got sick. Because I am the stay at home dad, I was bombarded with everything they brought home to me. I also was at a couple of classes where people where not healthy. I can not say that this is the only reason I didn't get sick, but I will say it probably had some involvement in it.

As of 1/9/2018 it is listed for $22.99, you can also use this link to get information from them on their product. They also have a 2500G container for $99.99 which would bring your price down to 20 cents a serving.

This is an old label but is listed at $19.99 on 1/9/2018.

I don't think this is a bad value. Compared to Prosource's house brand it is a little more as Prosource's run 16 cents a serving. So to me it is in the ballpark of a fair price. Depending on how much you use it can end up being a bigger chunk of your budget. Since I don't think I would make it a staple, I feel it's ok for what I used it for. A 50 day pick me up.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

So a short re-cap of this lone ingredient product. Will it build muscle? I'm not sure. Will it help your intestines and immune system? I think so. Once again I do not believe that I would make it a staple in my supplements (but then again I cycle everything). However I do think that if you knew you wanted to hit it harder than normal for a short term, or that you know you get sick a certain time of the year. You might just want to pick up a bottle and take a couple servings a day.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
        January 9, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Definite Increase In Joint Health
      • Easy To Swallow

Hello, and welcome to the Wis3guy review channel. I am a 45 year old supplement junkie who is, cough cough cough, possibly starting to show signs of aging. Although I plan on not going quietly, and instead go kicking and screaming. Sometimes, just sometimes you might need a little help. During this run I was getting in a few days of lifting, but the main exercising was Shaun T's "Insanity" program. I had started to feel my right shoulder and left elbow in a not pleasant way and wanted to see if this would help. I also am still in re-comp due to healthier eating. As of today I am 40#'s lighter than I was in August, but I have also gotten stronger. So follow along and see how it went.

Pages 50 through 53 covers my use of this product.

Also I want to thank NutraBIo and SRTrooper program for allowing me to have the opportunity to give this a try. I know it seems redundant, however, telling people thank you is always a good idea.

Oh my goodness all that small print on the bottle, what should I do? I know the same thing you should. Go down to the Value section of my review and click on the NutraBio Link. They do a much better job than me anyway. That being said I will talk about a few of the ones that I think helped.

MSM (nope I'm not typing the long version) @ 500mg. So in looking at this it can reduce muscle soreness, and since I was able to hit it hard everyday I think this helped. However the dosage I found studied was 3000mg per day so I would think it would be neat to try that dose.

Meriva Curcumin Phytosome @ 200mg: So this is another one targeting towards inflammation and pain management. I wanted to add this as I have supplemented with Curcumin before and know that without "enhancements" it is poorly absorbed. One of the ones that is absorbed is this version, also if you add Bioperine to it it helps with absorption. So with those to things being in here I am ok with the dosage. Without them you start looking at needing grams of the product.

BioPerine @ 5mg: So this seems to be the dose that I am seeing in a lot of products lately. So I guess it is ok, however I did find that some suggest 20mg of bioactive Bioperine to help in absorption of Curcumin. But I fall back on whether it worked for me, which I believe it did.

Kollagen II-xs @ 200mg: So this patented product helps with inflammation and pain as well, notice a trend here. It has been shown to be effective with a dosage of 375mg to 500mg twice a day. Up to 1500mg to 2500mg which can lead to "significant" reduction in pain and inflammation. So from what I see it could add a bit more of this as well.

Hyaluronic Acid @ 100mg: This is a product that has found itself into a lot of products. I think because they discovered that it is in our joints already. The question is whether or not it actually works. Dosages I found where between 100 and 200mg. So we are there, I guess it can't hurt right? It does seem to work when injected into the joint, so hopefully it works with going through my system as well.

So the other things that are in here are as follows. Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Manganese, Potassium, Sodium, Glucosamine Sulfate (vegan), Chonroitin Sulfate USP, Gelatin, ApresFlex, Horsetail Herb S.E., and Boron. As I said above and below if these ingredients interest you go to the link in the value section and read up on it. Bottom line is even though some ingredients could be under dosed, for me it worked so maybe there is some synergistic thing going on.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

These are in capsule form and like some pills have no taste. Its mix-ability was great, as in it got into my belly before I had to worry about it, and then who cares? The stomach acid took easy care of it.

Dosing that I chose to follow was 2 capsules in the morning with my morning smoothie, and 2 capsules either with dinner or my evening snack. Nutrabio recommends taking them the way I did, or taking all 4 capsules with a meal. To me this was pretty simple. If you don't like split doses you take it once and forget about it. If you are a little more savvy, you split the dose. I did this as my bro science brain says that means I should be able to absorb more of the ingredients.

So this is the important part of the review. Because when we are in pain, our brain doesn't allow us to train to are optimal abilities. In my humble opinion that is. So since I was nailing my body with a lot of bodyweight exercise that puts stress on the elbow and the shoulder, what happened? Well believe it or not, it did not improve over night (a slight dig on the youngsters of today, who believe everything is immediate). However for me within week 2 the shoulder and elbow pain went away. I did have "Tired" shoulders but not the ache you get from joint discomfort. The other thing I want to note is now that I have been off the product for a week, the pain has not come back to old levels. I am starting to feel them a little during exercise but I haven't had the rebound pain that some people talk about. If you consider that the longer you do Insanity the more reps you do, I think this is a positive sign that NutraBio Extreme Joint Care worked for me.

NutraBio has it listed for $34.99 as of 1/9/2018. I also wanted to post this as it takes you to their page and they have a lot of information on the product. So if you want to know more head on over there.

As of 1/9/2018 these guys have this for $26.99, of course they have a discount code for 10% off for new customers. (JAN1018)

So to me, you can get this for $1.00 a day. I have used BioFLex before and that is close to the same price depending on where you get it from. So to me, for an occasional boost I think it is a fair price. I guess depending on your age and how severe your pain is will really determine how valuable this is. To me it is in the ball park, and because of the company making it, I would tend to say go for it.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects while on this product, or the week following being off the product.

Conclusion

In conclusion I would like to say that if you have some minor aches and pains that are starting to creep up on you due to age or injury... Go ahead and give this a try. It is not a miracle product, but it did make me feel better and therefore allow me to push a little harder all month. I would think that if pain is a limiting factor in your workouts, you would be willing to try anything. The bonus with this is it's NutraBio, they tell you exactly what is in the pills you are swallowing. They also manufacture in a GMP certified plant so you don't have to worry about "extra" stuff getting into your system. So if you are like me and slowly entering "middle" age then feel free to drop $30 or so on a product that just might make your workouts a little less painful.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
          January 4, 2018

• Increased Performance
        • Informed Choice Certified
        • Slightly Expensive

Hello fellow workout compadre's. I am a 45 year old guy whose goal last year was to drop 40 and get to 200#'s while gaining strength. Nobody has time for muscle loss. During this program I switched from lifting 4 to 5 days a week to doing Shaun T's Insanity and lifting 2 to 3 times per week. I was using this as a kick in the pants on the days I needed a boost. My weight went from 210# to 201.8#(5 days after final dose), bench went from final set of 3 x 180 to 3x185. I want to thank Dymatize and the Trooper program for allowing an old dog like me to have some pretty good fun for a month plus......
        Feel free to check out my log:
        Pages 47 through 53

Wow does this stuff have a bunch of ingredients. I am going to start with a few and see where I end up. At the end of the day, sometimes more isn't better, and sometimes it is.

Citrulline Malate @ 8 grams: So this hits at the high end of a single dose. Which if used pre workout can increase performance and help you not be as sore a few days later. The interesting thing for me is normally this sends me to the men's room. This product didn't. It increases Arginine levels in your bloodstream. It makes me re-think my idea on Citrulline Malate.

Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn) @ 3.2 grams: Clinically dosed and the "good" stuff instead of a cheaper aftermarket product. This also increases your ability to do more stuff. This is the stuff that gives some people tingles, however I like it and it goes away.

L-Taurine @ 2 grams: Recommended dosage is between 500mg and 2 grams, with 3 grams being an "safe" limit. So we are right where we need to be. This increases blood flow, and you know what that means. Yep, you should be able to perform at a higher level.

Betaine (BetaPower) @ 1.5 grams: This product can increase power output. However there is more research that needs to be done about it. Dosage is right in range, that being said the range is pretty big. Since my strength was coming up I can say it might of helped and it didn't hurt.

Nitrosigine @ 1.5 grams: From what I found this is effectively dosed and can increase Arginine levels in your blood. So another product in here to help me be better.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine @ 350mg: Normal doses are 500mg to 2000mg prior to exercise. This can help with cognition and stress induced problems. Since during exercise you are stressing yourself this should help you out.

Caffeine (Anhydrous) @ 300mg: We all know what this is and I like it. Some people might find this a little too high powered but I like me my stimulants.

Coconut Water Fruit Powder @ 200mg: Coconut water has been the new "it" thing. So it helps with hydration and just makes life better.

Theacrine (TeaCrine) @ 125mg: Stimulants that don't lose effectiveness? Heck yeah add that stuff in there baby. The dose in this product is in reasonable range, as I found anywhere between 50mg and 400mg. This is starting to be a standard addition to high end pre-workouts.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I asked for and received the Chilled Fruit Fusion. I found this to be a refreshing reminder of smarties. It was a light and tasty formulation for me.

The Mix-ability of this product was actually really good. I used between 10 and 16 ounces of water. They must of taken care of the clumping issue or I got lucky. Even the top of the can states "intense ingredients can clump". I never had a problem, I do tightly close my tub every time and occasionally I would give it a good shake in between uses.

The dosing of this is pretty straight forward as well. "add one scoop of powder to 12 ounces of water. Shake until powder is dissolved. Consume 15 to 30 minutes prior to workout." I used this product probably more between the 30 minute to an hour mark. Just the way my schedule works.

I found that this product was effective for what I used it for. It claims to increase energy, strength, pump and intensity. I would say for me it did all of them except pump. But then again I normally don't notice pumps to much. I did find that this gave me great workouts and didn't make my heart explode which is always a good thing. I made continued gains in what I was trying to accomplish, and you can't ask for more than that now can you.

As of 1/3/2018 these guys have it listed for $39.99.

These guys have it for $39.99 with a 20% off applied in the cart.

The down side is $2.00 per workout. This is a little steep for me. However I know that they have a lot of the bases covered for you. However I can get RCSS "Yeah Buddy" for around $1.00 per serving. It is cheaper than NutraBio's Pre extreme which is a little over $2.00 per serving. So it's right in the middle, and depending on your goals it might be worth it. Because I have been cutting down on daily use Pre Workouts I can fit this in my budget.

Side Effects

I did not experience any negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

So as I age I find that my criteria changes. When I was younger I wanted that Laser guided I'm gonna mess you up feeling. Now I want to feel that push to lift or exercise without my heart exploding. I also am looking for products that will help me get better in the long run. I think that this product fits the bill. Some people may not be able to afford this as their everyday product, but I think it has value to have a tub around. I like the fact that it is an "Informed Choice" product, so you don't have to worry about weird stuff in here. They also have fixed the clumping issue, or at least my container didn't clump. So if you have some cash, go out and order some of this, you won't be disappointed.

Overall
        Thanks to Millennium Sport Technologies for sending it out!
          January 3, 2018

Hello fellow supplement users. It is time for another review. This is the second product from Millennium sports, Peak Elite. I used this as a stack with Elite Cordygen NanO2 to improve my physical capabilities. I am a 45 year old father, supplement junky and body restructuring guy. Currently I am trying to drop the fat and get into better shape. During this run I was using Shaun T's Insanity program as well as adding a few days of lifting to see if I could also gain some strength. Since August I have been eating pretty clean, using smoothies and dropping sugar. I would like to thank Millennium sports and the Trooper program for allowing me the opportunity to run this stack.

Pages 48 through 52

We have a few different things in this product. I am only talking about 3 of them, Peak ATP, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Actigin. It also has Vitamin C and D as well as Pomegranate Juice Extract. But those are self explanatory to me anyways.

Alpha Lipoic Acid @ 300mg: Standard dosing is 300 to 600mg so we are in the "safe" zone. This product helps reduce Bio-markers of Oxidation, and is used in energy production. I figure it had to have some effect as I had more energy and didn't seem to get as run down as I normally would.

ActiGin @ 50mg: As I noted in my review of their Cordygen product this is an acceptable dose. Now since I was taking both I received a double dose, but I noticed no negative side effects from taking it.

Peak ATP @ 448mg: (yielding 400mg of Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate). From what I see this is a normal dose. As I listed above, some studies show it works, some show it doesn't. My personal opinion is that this product worked for me, and I guess that is what is important.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

These are V-Caps and had no taste. I never opened the caps so I don't think mixing is an issue either.

The suggested dosing for this product is 2 caps 30 to 60 minutes before exercise, and before breakfast on off days. It is to be taken on an empty stomach. Because I was stacking this product I used it 60 minutes prior to exercise and had no problems what so ever. I work out in the morning so it wasn't hard to remember to pop some pills.

So here is where we have some interesting things. I say in my experience that this helped me make it through a month of Insanity. I was able to work out 6 days a week and continued to improve the whole time. I dropped about 6 pounds and increased my bench press power by getting more reps. I also am posting 2 links you can look at, one saying that ATP works and one saying ATP isn't bio-available orally. Also to note, it took about 2 days of being off of this stack for me to come down to reality. I am better than I was a month ago, however I did notice a down tick in my aerobic abilities.

Suggests it may have benefits.

Suggests not orally Bio-Available

As of 1/3/2018 their website has this listed at $54.95, but on sale for $44.44 for a 30 day supple.

Since I ran this product with Elite Cordygen NanO2, I have to say that a $80.00 monthly stack is a little pricey. However I don't think that it is really over priced. I think this stack works as a plateau buster to help you get over that hump.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effect while taking this product.

Conclusion

So what happens after a month of my super stack? I say that I have 2 products that I can recommend to help get you over that hump. Maybe it helps get you off the couch and on the way to a fitter life. I can say that it made my month a lot easier on me mentally and physically. Mentally I was performing better than I knew I should be able to. Physically I improved and had great results. I know some people will think it is a little expensive to drop $80.00 on a stack, but considering you don't have to worry about too much caffeine, and still get great workouts it's not a bad idea. I still say that for me it will be a 2 or 3 time per year when I need that edge or want to bust a plateau. So if you have some extra cash and want to push your limits give this stuff a try.

Thanks to Millennium Sport Technologies for sending it out!
          January 3, 2018

Hello people, it is time for another review which is part of the "stack" I was using last month. I am a 45 year old guy trying to get into better shape. During this run I was using Shaun T's Insanity program. I also added some lifting every week with lower reps as the Insanity program is a crud ton of body weight exercises. I am eating healthy and trying to drop fat.

This product is on pages 48 to 52

This product is on pages 48 to 52

Thank you to Millennium sports and the Trooper program for allowing me to run this stack, it was neat to feel younger again.

Ok, what exactly do we have in here? Well I wasn't joking about the Fungus. This has 2 ingredients and I like them both.

Oxyceps-NanO2 @ 750mg: This is Cordyceps Sinensis at a 16-1 extract. What this means is your getting a equivalent dose of 12grams of whole herb. Looking up dosing most say anywhere between 3 and 15 grams. Looking at other products the most common I found was 750mg in pill form.

Actigin @ 50mg: This is a combination of Panax notoginseng root and Rose roxburghii. In looking at this, it is added to help enhance recovery times and boost endurance. 50mg is the suggested daily dose of this product, and hey it worked for me so I can't complain now can I

These come in a 2 V-Cap serving and as such I had no issue with taste or mix-ability.

The suggested dosing of this product is 2 V-Caps 60 minutes prior to workout or endurance event. It suggests to take before breakfast on "off" days. This is pretty simple as most of us know when we are going to be active.

So if you have never done Insanity, realize that it sucks. See everything is body weight, however, every exercise is timed. So it never gets easier, the better you get, the more reps you end up doing. The first time I did this I didn't make it through the warm up. This time with supplements, I was able to do the tapes and on some days have energy to lift either before or after. Now I shortened my lifting, but I still gained strength in my lifts. I also continued to drop weight. I went from 210# to 203.6#, I understand that this is not a "weight Loss" product, but it made working out easier, which made it more fun to do. I also want to say that I tried Month 2 of insanity without this and holy crap I was not happy. I had to modify and take more breaks. Long story short I went back to month one. Yes, I am doing month one better than last month, however I can see and feel the improvements I got while on this product.

As of 1-3-2018 their own website has this listed for $62.95, on sale for $44.95 for a one month supply. Currently Millennium Sports have given out a discount code which would make this half priced.

All Star health has it listed for $49.99

So is it worth it, well they suggest using for 12 weeks, I used it for a month and feel I had great results, I don't think it will be a staple product for me though. I do think that I would use this as a plateau buster, this product helped me through a month of hard workouts. I don't think I would stayed motivated without it. But it is a little pricey.

Side Effects

I had absolutely no negative side effects.

Conclusion

If you have a little extra cash, and are feeling like you need that extra boost. I say to give this product a try. I found that I had excellent results while using this product. Let us face reality, I am a 45 year old guy, I know that I need to find things that help me reach my goals. I found that using this product made me recover faster and feel "better" about my workouts. I don't think you can ask for more than that. Now, honestly I don't think I will use the on the regular, because I was stacking this with Peak Elite, I can't justify a monthly cost of $80.00. But I can see myself using this stack 2 to 3 times a year to give me that little kick in the pants when I need it.