Wesley1012

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+12)
  • Member was only active for less than a week, and was last online 4 years ago
  • Member has only posted 1 review
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Wesley1012

November 28, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)

A little bit about myself, I am a full-time college student working toward a degree in psychotherapy. I would consider myself to be healthy, in average shape relative to the other college students in which I am constantly surrounded by. I run a mile daily, but as for any other forms of exercise, I seem to fall short. I think it is worthy of mention to note I was victim to substance abuse throughout my entire teen years, stopping when I turned 20. This is important to consider because it is one of the reasons I began my research into vitamins/supplements in the first place, and how I found out about nootropics (Alpha Brain) in particular, because I was worried I had notably did quite a bit of brain damage through the years, and was frightened the damage might be irreversible. This is when I can across one of the top google ads highlighting Alpha Brain as the cure-all, better than the rest, 'smart pill' if you will. The website (onnit) was quite impeccable and fascinating to the eye. Numerous sponsors (more notably Joe Rogan) , and scientific 'evidence' that convinced me to go ahead and give it a shot. If I am to be completely honest here, I found out about SR through the google search engine as well, after receiving an email from another company that offered me a free sample of the nootropic Smart Caffeine by Natural Stacks. I wasn't sure why I had received the email, so I googled (of course) and stumbled across SR, which seemed to be quite a tight-knit community as well as one in which people take things seriously. A big motivating factor to signing up and looking for companies who offer free samples for reviews, is that I am a college student, unemployed, and financially not very stable. Thus, after much research into nootropics, racetams, and other supplements, I found high hopes that maybe I had stumbled across something that could truly benefit me in life.

So that I don't make this too long, I also find it worthy of mention that I used to be 300lbs, and have finally made it to a healthy weight, in which I am very happy, of 150lbs. Though of course with that much weight loss, comes loose-skin. I truly want to get in better shape and tone out my body to increase self-confidence.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)

The ingredients in Alpha Brain seem pretty solid, with quite a bit of research done on most of them. The label itself, is most appealing. I do believe the ingredients in the actual product have much potential, but the amount of ingredient (as in milligrams), just isn't enough to truly benefit from them from research. Not only that, but when buying a per-formulated product like Alpha Brain, you're basically paying for people to research and put the products all in one pill, not really the actual contents in the pill. Upon receiving the product I conducted more research, and realized all of the ingredients are available online , in much higher quantities, for much cheaper then Alpha Brains current price for 30 capsules.

The label suggests that you consume no more than 3 pills per day, with the serving size being 2 pills taken with a light meal. If you are heavier, it says you can increase the dose to 3, but to not go over that. There isn't much taste, as they are all encapsulated. It suggests you take them in the morning, but also allows you to take it at night if your goal is to induce a lucid dreaming state.

The effectiveness for me just fell completely short of every claim the company had mentioned. The only noticeable effects that I did have, which very well could have been placebo- was one, somewhat vivid dream I had. I really didn't have any noticeable boost in energy, focus, memory, or attention, as well as sleep. Unfortunately I would say I really did not benefit much at all, though I really had high hopes.

Like mentioned above, the value of Alpha Brain really just is unfortunately a complete waste of money when you really look at it. You could truly buy each ingredient in the product at other sites for a fraction of the price, with much better results.

Side Effects

No notable side effects whatsoever were experienced by me.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I am sad to say that Alpha Brain really falls extremely short of its claims. I really wouldn't recommend it to anybody, but that is just the brutal truth. The truth is, everyone's body reacts differently to different substances, but mine didn't react at all. Hopefully future people looking into nootropics can benefit from my review and take some of my advice, especially if they can relate to any of my experiences listed above.