WarMachine

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  December 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Disclosed Label
  • Premium Ingredients
  • Strong Energy
  • Increased Pump
  • Sharper Focus
  • Better Endurance
  • A Bit Pricey

Alpha Lion delivers solid on the great pre workout that is SuperHuman, delivering energy, focus, pumps, vascularity, and endurance all in one.

A special thanks to Alpha Lion for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their pre workout product SuperHuman. With pre workouts, I desire increased energy, sharper focus, fuller pumps, and perhaps an increase in endurance depending on the ingredients. I was curious to give SuperHuman a go after reading what appeared to be an extensive profile.

----Ingredient Profil...

The profile is fully disclosed with all ingredients and dosages.

First we have the Superhuman Energy matrix containing caffeine from Anhydrous and citrate at 350mg, 2-aminoisoheptane at100mg, and N-Methyl Tyramine HCl at 75mg

Next is the Superhuman Pump Matrix containing, L-Citrulline malate at 7g, Green Tea Extract (VASO6) at 150mg, L-Taurine at 1g, Nitrosigine (inositol Arginine Silicate) at 750mg, and L-Norvaline 60mg.

Third we have the Superhuman strength matrix consisting of Beta Alanine at 3.5g, and Betaine Anhydrous at 2g

Fourth is the Anti-Crash Matrix which had L-theanine at 350mg.

Finishing off the profile is the Superhuman Absorption matrix with Black Pepper extract (95% piperine) at 10mg.

Overall, the profile is solid with plenty of well known ingredients and dosed appropriately.

I received the Kandy Kryptonite. I had no idea what to expect, but I will say that is was very good. It tasted just like sweet tarts candy with a hint of sourness, but nothing unpleasant.

It mixed fine in water with no issue.

I took one scoop about 15 minutes before my workouts.

I'm gonna use my category format with this one.

Energy (8.5/10): The energy was real strong, clean, consistent throughout my training sessions, and did not result in a crash at any time. I was pounding away mercilessly at al training movements during each consecutive workout day after day.

Focus (7/10): While not a significant nootropic effect, I still had a good improvement in my focus. I was less distracted and had a more targeted mindset with clearer thought processes towards each one of my training sessions' goals.

Pump (8/10): I got a solid pump effect that was prominent with both high volume and higher intensity sets. Swole feel in all trained muscle groups and pump induced fullness were all noticeably increased. Lastly, I had more vascularity throughout.

Endurance (7/10): Wasn't expecting much of an endurance increased, but I did have a good reduction in my fatigue and cranked out more reps for longer sessions at times. Mhy endurance during my cardio sessions and days where I focus on high volume heavy compound movements are where the endurance boost was most evident. It was not the greatest endurance increase I felt, but still a benefit nonetheless.

In nutshell, Super Human delivered hard hits in all areas.

The one downside with Super Human is that the tub only comes with 21 servings as oppose to a full 30 day supply. The cheapest price I found Super Human was on Suppz.com for 40 dollars even. I feel that is a bit more of a steep price for a pre workout, especially if you aren't getting a full month's supply. At the same time, Super Human is also highly effective. I would say it is worth the investment for at least a try out, but you'll definitely wanna look out for sales on Alpha Lion's own website if possible.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In closing, while the price tag is a bit expensive, Super Human is a fantastic pre workout that will hit in all areas. The pump, focus, endurance, and energy enhancement benefits are sure to make you feel truly SUPERHUMAN.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!

GO PATS!!!!

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • No Prop Blends
  • Maintains Muscle Mass
  • Endurance
  • Initial Mixing Issues

Nutrabio BCAA 5000 is a great BCAAs product that's both effective and highly versatile, with a good value to match.

A special thanks to Nutrabio for their continuous participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their BCAAs product BCAA 5000. BCAAs are one of the most versatile supplements in the fitness industry. They help support the growth and repair of muscle tissue and can help support endurance. I mostly use BCAAs for recovery, but will use them for intra workout support at times for better endurance. Regardless what your fitness goals are, BCAAs can have their place in your regimen.

The profile is the basic 2:1:1 ratio you typically find in a majority of BCAAs products, but at different doses.

One scoop provides:

L-Leucine: 2.5g
L-Iso-Leucine: 1.25g
L-Valine: 1.25g

As you can see this adds up to a total of 5g of BCAAs. I personally would prefer subsequently higher dosages, but if the product has enough servings to compensate for multiple daily servings, the dosages aren't terribly low.

Per usual of Nutrabio, there are no added fillers or unnecessary, unwanted ingredients such as artificial additives.

I received the grape flavor. I found it to have the right amount of enjoyable sweetness without having any bad aftertastes or chemical aroma.

Mixability was a bit of an issue. I did experience some minimal clumping and sediment upon mixture with both water or a sports drink. As advised in previous reviews, you should allow a minute to allow it to settle. This will help encourage a more thorough preparation.

I used one scoop intra and one scoop post workout on training days. On non-training days, I stuck to using only one scoop consumed in the morning or during a work shift in the afternoons or evenings. I did not take it pre since I had a pre workout to cover that area.

As an intra workout supplement I found that BCAA 5000 helped give me a good endurance boost by helping to keep my fatigue to minimum, while helping to maintain a good pump. I was able to execute more frequent reps and sets with shorter rest periods in between intervals. I also had more stamina during my cardio and boxing sessions as well. Lasly, my post workout DOMS was noticeably reduced.

A post workout serving helped my recovery following intensive training sessions and during the days that would follow. I experienced less DOMS and fatigue induced lethargy in the mornings and throughout the day. I had more natural energy leading up to my training sessions each day.

The last thing to note is that even though I did not use a scoop pre workout, I did see a decent heighten in my energy during gym sessions.

Overall, BCAA 5000 delivered where I wanted it to.

Each tub contains 60 servings, which is a two month's supply if you use only one serving. However, even if you're a two serving user like me, that is still at least one month's worth. I've seen BCAA 5000 go for as low as 30 dollars on online retailers. For the amount of servings, efficacy, and quality of the product, this is an excellent value in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As expected similar from past products I've used from them, Nutrabio has delivered well with BCAA 5000. The enhanced endurance and recovery will be much welcomed in order to help achieve fitness goals regardless of what they may be. Furthermore, the value and amount of servings in each tub are excellent, making BCAA 5000 well worth the investment for those who use BCAAs as a regular part of their regimen.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to PWR Supplements for sending it out!
  December 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Moderate Increase In Endurance
  • Decent Value
  • Bit Pricey

PWR Rush delivers a good, clean surge of energy while helping to enhance our overall focus and cognition.

A special thanks to PWR Supplements for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their Nootrpic/Energy supplement PWR Rush. I've tried plenty of both nootropics and pwo supplements in my time. I was curious to try PWR Rush based on the fact that it looked much like a hybrid supplement that could potentially enhance my focus and energy. Being that I work in healthcare, have energy, cognition, and focus all at peak is essential.

The profile is simple yet straightforward with everything fully disclosed.

We have vitamin b12 at 300mcg, citrulline malate at 3,000mg, beta alanine at 3,000mg, acetyl l-carnitine at 500mg, l-theanine at 200mg, and caffeine anhydrous at 150mg.

The citrulline malate and beta alanine help with endurance and support energy levels. The caffeine, l-theanine, and acetyl l-carnitine all have positive benefits towards cognitive function and the caffeine helps additionally with energy. The vitamin b12 fits in both categories since it plays a role in cognitive function and energy metabolism.

PWR Rush is only available in Lemon Lime. I found it refreshing and with the right level of sweetness and tartness.

It mixed thoroughly well in water without any sediment issues.

I used only one scoop throughout the days of the cycle. During the first week, I used it as a pre workout by taking one scoop about 15 minutes before my workout. After a primary pre workout supplement was introduced, I shifted to using this as an early morning cardio session booster and work shift boost. Again, only one scoop was taken in all scenarios.

As a pre workout, PWR Rush was satisfactory in the sense that I wasn't expecting a huge pre workout considering the more slimmed down profile. Nonetheless, I did have a good clean surge of energy with better focus. I was able to blast through my workouts with a better mindset towards completing objectives without distraction.

As a morning cardio session booster, again I saw an increased level of energy, some endurance increase, and better focus.

Finally, when I used a scoop during extended work shifts, I was more energized and had a very good improvement in my concentration and cognition. I was able to perform all my clinical duties and processes with more drive and better attention to detail.

My natural energy levels were overall better and I also saw an improvement in mood on top of the enhanced focus, concentration, and a better more positive mindset.

Currently, PWR Rush is only available on PWR Supplements own website for 34.99. You get 30 servings in each tub. Considering you are getting an energy and nootropic supplement in one, and a highly effective one at that, I'd say that this is not a bad value. I would point out it is a little more pricey compared to some standalone pre workouts and nootropic supplement, but again, you're getting a product that can serve as both in one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While the profile may seem more conservative don't let that fool you. PWR Rush is a highly effective energy and focus enhancer that will come in great use for several occasions whether as a pwo or simple booster to complete your daily needs outside the gym. Look out for sales as I believe this product is well worth a try, especially if you prefer the more generously stimulant containing products. Of course, don't forget diet and training and be sure to be wary of your stim intake in addition to taking PWR Rush

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Good Mixability
  • Convenient
  • Benefits Of Whey Protein And A Cup Of Joe
  • Needs More Servings

Muscle Nutrition Protein Coffee Drink Mix gives you a good helping of high quality whey, while also supplementing you with plenty of essential other nutrients. The added caffeine is a great bous to help give you a good energy boost when you need. The price though is something that is not a welcome sight.

A special thanks to Muscle Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Also, an apology for the tardiness of the review. Today, I discuss Protein Coffee Drink Mix. As the supplement industry's most dominant and widely used category of products, protein supplements have made their way into every fitness buff's regimen at one point or another. It's a great way to help keep your macros in check and support all goals. Every now and then, there comes a product with some nice added bonuses. Such bonuses may include the addition of caffeine, multiple protein sources, or some added digestive enzymes. Truth be told, good 'ol classic whey will always be around.

In the meantime, let's see how Protein Coffee Drink Mix stands up....

Each single scoop serving provides the following:

Firstly, each serving clocks in at 130 calories. In addition, we have 2.5g of total fat, 7g of carbs, and 3g of sugar. You also get a good amount of other essential vitamins and minerals.

Second, each serving provides 120mg of caffeine.

Lastly, the total protein serving is 20g in the form of whey protein.

In summary, we have a special protein supplement with some nice extras and doesn't have any unnecessary fats, sugars, unfavorable carbs, or sodium.

This has one flavor, which is a classic iced coffee flavor with a pleasant mocha-like added aroma. I found it to be very good in water, but it was especially good in milk and almond milk. I mixed it with chocolate whole milk at one instance and it was a true preparation of deliciousness.

It mixed fully and thoroughly in all liquids and methods without clumps or any other problems.

Being that this had caffeine, I had to be more prudent and flexible on when I used a serving since I didn't want to overdo my stim intake as added from other sources such as coffee or pre workouts. Also, I want to note that I did not take this every consecutive day during my duration of using the product. Therefore, it lasted me close to three weeks as opposed to two weeks given the 14 servings in each tub. Still, I wanted to take full advantage of the caffeine kick. On weekdays, I would take a serving in the morning mixed with either water, milk, or almond milk before my workshifts. I did not take it on weekends since I have weekends off. With the exception of one day where I had to work an overnight shift, I had to make sure not to take this too close to bedtime since the caffeine would interrupt my sleep.

First I will discuss the energy aspect. The "pick me up" I got from the caffeine was a much welcomed benefits as it helped me get through my workshifts more efficiently. In addition, the energy also helped me feel more "primed" for my training sessions later in the day.

Second I will discuss the general protein aspect. As I would want from protein supplements, Protein Coffee Drink Mix helped reduce the morning DOMS and lethargy I would experience in the mornings following previous day intense training sessions. It also helped prolong my satiety through the day, helping my energy stay consistent an reducing my likelihood of unnecessary snacking if the pangs did hit. This I especially liked because when working in Healthcare, these hunger pangs are not only bothersome, but are also unpredictable since you don't focus on such a thing.

This is where the product takes a significant hit. Firstly, when I was researching the value, I noticed when clicking on the link that connects to Muscle Nutrition's direct page to Protein Coffee Drink Mix, the product was not listed. So whether the retail price of 29.99 stands or not is unknown.

Regardless, I did find it on Amazon and it is in fact 29.99. However, there is a 15.99 shipping charge. That alone is unacceptable. Not considering that though, even if the shipping were free and 30 dollars was the set price, that is still not the best of values. For starters, at only 14 servings per tub, you'd probably be better off just drinking your coffee straight up and taking your whey protein separately. Or, simply make your "coffee" shake with some fresh ground coffee mix and protein. Furthermore, the value is hurt more considering that while on Amazon, I saw that similar caffeinated protein supplements that contain more servings. One such example is Optimum Nutrition's Protein Energy that goes for 16.99 for a bag that contains 52 single scoop servings. If you were to take two scoops to equate Muscle Nutrition's product, that is still more servings for a lower price. I believe there is a shipping fee, but it is less expensive.

I understand that these specialty protein products do go for a little extra, but 30 dollars is not an efficient value for a mere 14 servings.

Now one thing I will give Protein Coffee Drink Mix the benefit of the doubt is that perhaps if the product is resumed by Muscle Nutrition, then the price may be changed or the tubs may be bigger. This is assuming that changes are made.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, Muscle Nutrition's Protein Coffee Mix wins in the taste and efficacy department. However, this win is met with a loss when it comes to the overall retail value of the product.

I would recommend investing in cheaper similar options or simply concoct your own "coffee protein" shake.

If I were to invest in this again, I would want to see a bigger tub and a slightly lower price at the very least.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
  November 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Extras
  • Too Expensive For Just Bcaas

A Mean O Daddy is an interesting looking newcomer to the BCAAs line of supplements, but doesn't quite match up with the other competition.

A special thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with the BCAAs product A Mean O Daddy. With their ability to assist in energy, endurance, and recovery, BCAAs have their potential place in every fitness buff's supplement regimen regardless of individual goals. With their versatility, I've used BCAAs pre, intra, and post but often stick with post workout supplementation for recovery. However, I will also try them intra as well for endurance and energy.

A Mean O Daddy contains a simple profile.

Each serving provides 6g of the BCAAs L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. The ratio is listed as 2:1:1. There is no indication of how much of each is provided as part of the 6g dose. Doing the math I would guess maybe 3g of L-Leucine, 1.5g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.5g of L-Valine?

The product is available in one flavor, which is Pissed Off Pineapple Ginger. While not the worst thing I've tasted, I was not a fan of this flavor. It had a strong bitter taste similar to that of straight up ginger with a subtle slightly sweet hint of pineapple flavor. It was not very enjoyable and left an unpleasant bitter aftertaste.

Despite a little foaming, the mixability was fine for the most part. I mixed it in water and sports drinks, and it was the same either way.

For the first two weeks, I stuck to using a single scoop serving post workout. For the remainder of the cycle, which was a little over another week, I increased to two servings post workout to see if I would get better results.

My efficacy is based solely on post workout supplementation as I didn't use this pre or intra workout.

A one scoop, A Mean O Daddy did improve my recovery and reduce my DOMS to a moderate degree, but was lacking in comparison to what I would've preferred.

Once I increased to two servings, as expected it was significantly better. My DOMS and overall recovery were much better and I also saw an increase in natural energy the following days. I felt less fatigued overall post workout and going into other training sessions in the following days.

Truthfully though, I would've expected better based on my experience with other BCAAs products.

Right now, A Mean O Daddy goes for 18.99 for a 30 day supply tub. This is cheaper than other products, but the value is hurt by the lack of efficacy and the need to use two servings for significant results. It is still worth the investment for those wanting to try a BCAAs product, but I would prefer an uptick in BCAAs dosage with better results for a more favorable value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, A Mean O Daddy does get the job done, but falls short in comparison to other BCAAs products. Some things I would like to see improved:

Higher BCAAs quantity per serving
Better Taste
The Addition Of Some Electrolytes For Hydration

At 18.99 it is worth a try, but be advised you may need two servings so the price can add up overtime. Hopefully the company takes my suggestions and improves the product in the future.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
  November 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Boost
  • Some Increased Aggression
  • Barely Effective

Bionic Test Rx did not benefit me to the degree I would have preferred and falls short in comparison to other natural test boosters.

A special thanks to Loud Muscle Science for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their testosterone booster Bionic Test Rx. Natural test boosters can aid in helping to keep the body in an anabolic state by supporting healthy levels of testosterone, which is key in hypertrophy as well as other things. Obviously, they will not put pounds of muscle on you, but I would look for upped libido, gym aggression, and potentially some support in gains of muscle and strength in relation to higher test levels.

The profile contains two prop blends as well as one single dosed ingredient.

The first blend is the "Red Cell Volumization Blend" dosed at 200mg. It contains the following ingredients:

Wheat grass: A source of antioxidants, shown to have benefits including lowering cholesterol, supporting skin and heart health, improving bloods sugar levels, and immunity support.

Folic Acid: Plays a vital role in the production and maintenance of red blood cells.

Vitamin B12: Also plays a role in the support and health of red blood cells.

Sun Dried Spinach (chlorophylls): An anti-oxidant and a source of chlorophylls, which provide a source of iron. Iron is critical to the production, structural maintenance, and activity of red blood cells.

Oyster Shells: A source of calcium and vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential to testosterone production while calcium plays a role in bone and tooth formation and other functions. It helps maintain the fluid balance of cells as well, relating to the volumaization aspect of this blend.

The next blend is the "Libido Volumization Blend" dosed at 1300mg. It contains the following ingredients:

Leuzea Carthamoides: A source of 20-hydroxyecdysterone derived from Maral Root, said to support the anabolic stimulation of hypertrophy in muscles. Evidence to support these claims however are limited.

Epicatechin: Extracted from green tea, acts as a potent anti-oxidant and shown to inhibit the hormone myostatin.

Bulbine Natalensis Extract: Shown to have positive effects in testosterone levels as well as a pro sexual effect.

Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed Extract: A well known pro sexual herb that has also been demonstrated to help increase testosterone, NO levels, and inhibit cortisol.

Tribulus Terrestris: Marketed as a testosterone booster, but better demonstrated for its pro sexual effect.

Mucuna Pruriens: Best known for its ability to increase natural GH levels, but has also been demonstrated to have a pro sexual effect by increasing testosterone and lowering prolactin.

Maca Root Extract: Suggested to increase semen volume, but known for its aphrodisiac and energy support benefits.

Ant Extract: Actually extracted from ants and believed to have anti-oxidant, aphrodisiac, and health aging benefits.

Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa Extract 35% Piperizine: Shown to have a significant aphrodisiac effect:

Concerning both prop blends, one can clearly educe that a large majority, if not all the ingredients are highly likely under dosed.

Finally, there is 200mg of the "Estrogen Inhibitor Blend", containing 200mg of 7-methoxyflavone. This ingredient is well known for acting as an aromatase inhibitor, thus supporting higher levels of free testosterone.

The instructions advise 2 capsules if you're on a cutting phase and 2-6 capsules if you're bulking. I am currently recomping and wanted to make the product last for a full 30 days, so I took 2 caps every day in the morning. I took the caps both with and without food, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Libido (8/10): My libido did feel significantly higher while on Bionic Test Rx. I had more frequent erections and overall desire and I also had a reduced refractory period. Clearly, the pro sexual effects of Bionic Test were apparent.

Gym Aggression (4/10): I did see a slight increase in gym aggression. I had an occasionally improved alpha male feeling in the gym, but it was inconsistent and not overly significant.

Strength and Mass (1/10): Again, a natural test booster itself will not give you notable increases in strength and mass. However, with naturally increased test levels, one could at the very least experience better recovery and muscle integrity. Alas, I did not experience any significant difference in naturally better gains outside those seen from my regular routine. The "1" score is to signify that I did have a very slight improvement in vascularity and pump.

Overall (5/10): Bionic Test Rx is great for libido, but nothing much more can be said about the benefits. Gym aggression showed slight improvement at best and I had no additional benefits to strength and mass. It helps very little with vascularity and pump.

The only place you can purchase Bionic Test Rx is through Loud Muscle Science's own website for a price of 65 dollars for a 60 cap count bottle. If you only take 2 caps a day, that's a full 30-day supply. Given the lack of efficacy, that is an unacceptable price and only becomes insanely absurd should you need as much as 6 caps a day. I would only invest in this if I could get at least 2-3 bottles for that price considering I may have potentially had better results with a higher dosage protocol.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would not recommend Bionic Test Rx as my first initial choice of test boosters. For only a libido boost, some increased aggression, and a minor pump it would be a far better investment for some simple hrony goat weed. Combined with the lack of efficacy and insufficient value, I'd say spend your money elsewhere.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  October 28, 2018

• Decent Value Compared To Competition
  • Good Recovery
  • Taste Great
  • High Qualtiy Protein Source
  • A Bit Pricey

Steel Whey is a great option and newcomer to the protein market that is well worth a try, especially for its quality and efficacy among protein supplements.

A special thanks to SteelFit for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today I discuss my experiences with their protein product Steel Whey. Protein supplements are one of the most frequently used supplements in every fitness buff's regimen. Protein is needed for a host needs within the body, but many of us are most concerned with its ability to support the growth of new muscle tissue. There are more protein supplements on today's market than one can count and I've used my fair share of them all.

Lets see how Steel Whey stand up.

Each scoop provides 150 Calories, 2g Fat, 5g Carbs, 1g of sugar, and 27g Protein.

As one can see, an immediate advantage to Steel Whey is that it does not add any unnecessary fats, carbs, or sugars to your daily intake.

The 27g of protein is derived from the source of WPC-80 whey concentrate. This form is the highest quality and complete source of whey concentrate one can have.

There is also a source of abundant amino acids, both essential and non-essential. For the sake of time and clarity, I copy and pasted the info directly from SteelFit's website.

Alanine (NAA): Not to be confused with the beta alanine, alanine is a nonessential amino acid that plays a critical role in glucose production and blood sugar regulation. Alanine also supports optimal functioning of the immune system as well as kidney stone prevention.*

Arginine (CAA): The most well-known function of arginine is to serve as the substrate for the production of nitric oxide, a powerful vasodilator that enhances blood flow and pumps during training and supports cardiovascular function. Arginine also plays a role in the healthy functioning of the pituitary gland and works with two other amino acids in L-Ornithine and phenylalanine.

Aspartic Acid (NAA): Aspartic acid serves a key role in the Krebs Cycle (TCA cycle) that provides energy to the body through its production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). This nonessential amino acid is also needed for the production of immunoglobulins, antibodies, and DNA. In case you weren't aware, immunoglobulins and antibodies are responsible for recognizing, binding, and eventually destroying harmful viruses and bacteria that invade the body.*

Cystine (CAA): Synthesized in the liver from the essential amino acid methionine, cysteine fulfills several important functions in the body. First and foremost, cysteine is needed for the production of glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body. This amino acid also helps slow down the aging process, and some research indicates it may be helpful in preventing dementia and multiple sclerosis.*

Glutamic Acid (CAA): Glutamic acid belongs to the same family of amino acids as L-Glutamine, the most abundant amino acid in the body. Glutamic acid plays a key role in immune function and digestion as well as serving as an important excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain.*

Glycine (NAA): Glycine is the smallest and simplest of the 20+ amino acids found in the human body and the second most abundant found in human proteins and enzymes. Formed in the liver from serine and threonine, glycine plays an important role in the central nervous system and the digestive system and is needed for the production of many important acids including nucleic acid, bile acids, and creatine phosphate.*

Histidine (CAA): Histidine is an aromatic amino acid used to synthesize proteins and affects numerous metabolic reactions in the body. It also regulates the pH value of the blood and helps form the myelin sheath, a protective coating that surrounds all nerve cells and protects them from damage.*

Isoleucine (EAA): The "weaker" and younger brother of leucine, Isoleucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis in the body, though not quite as powerfully as leucine does. However, where isoleucine does stand out is its role in enhancing glucose uptake by skeletal muscle as well as glucose utilization during intense exercise.*

Leucine (EAA): The "king" of amino acids, leucine is most well known for being the most powerful stimulator of the mTOR pathway in the body, which drives muscle protein synthesis.

Lysine (EAA): Lysine is needed for the production of antibodies, and has been found to be beneficial for protecting against the herpes virus. Additionally, lysine is also needed for the production of carnitine - a substance that helps the body use fat for energy. This essential amino acid also aids calcium absorption and is needed for protein synthesis.*

Methionine (EAA): Methionine is vital to the production of L-Cysteine, an incredibly potent antioxidant that combats oxidative stress induced by intense training. This essential amino acid also aids the liver with the digestion of fats and serves as a "building block" for the production of carnitine, adrenaline, choline, and melatonin.*

Phenylalanine (EAA): A precursor to tyrosine, phenylalanine is important in the synthesis of the important neurotransmitters. Due to this amino acid's role in neurotransmission, phenylalanine has been investigated as a possible treatment for depression and several other illnesses including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, and ADD.*

Proline (CAA): Manufactured in the liver from ornithine, glutamine, and glutamate, proline is a secondary amino acid that is one of the primary amino acids used to generate collagen, the fundamental protein of skin, bones, ligaments, and tendons. This amino acid also fortifies the artery walls and protects the endothelium layer, highlighting its importance in maintaining cardiovascular health.*

Serine (NAA): Formed from glycine, serine plays a central role in the proper functioning of the central nervous system and production of antibodies. It is also required for the production of phospholipids used in cell production. To top it off, this amino acid also serves a role in the function of DNA and RNA, fat metabolism, and muscle formation.*

Threonine (EAA): A precursor to glycine and serine, threonine is essential for protein synthesis, and it also supports proper functioning of the central nervous, immune, digestive, and skeletal muscle systems of the body. Threonine is needed to produce antibodies, which bolster the immune system, and the mucus gel layer that covers the digestive tract.*

Tryptophan (EAA): Tryptophan plays a critical crucial role in lifting mood, as the uses this amino acid to generate serotonin, one of the "happy hormones". Another important function of this essential amino acid is that it supports the synthesis of niacin, an essential B vitamin involved in energy production.

Tyrosine (CAA): Tyrosine is an incredibly important amino acid affecting mood, motivation, and reward. Moreover, tyrosine also plays a role in regulating pain sensitivity, stress, and appetite.*

Valine (EAA): The final component of the trio of BCAAs, valine is the least studied of the lot. As one of the BCAAs, valine helps drive muscle protein synthesis and is essential for glycogen synthesis in muscle tissue as well as energy conversion. On top of that, valine also has a supporting role in the proper cognitive function and immune system function.*

Overall, a solid and complete looking protein supplement.

The flavors available are chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry milkshake. I requested and received strawberry milkshake and found it to be delicious in every way. I have mixed it in water, milk, almond milk, and as part of homemade shake preparations with other ingredients. All were delicious, but I would say that for the standalone liquids, regular milk is the winner. As a part of my shake concoctions, it resulted in a delicious preparation, complimented by any fruits, nuts, or oats I included in the shake.

It mixed thoroughly without problems in any liquids.

I stuck to only using one serving a day since I wanted it to last as long as possible. Most often on training days, I would take it as part of a morning shake preparation or standalone with some milk. On non-training days, I would take a serving as part of a shake preparation sometime in the afternoon.

Both me and others would say that gauging the effectiveness of a protein can be difficult. However, as I've also said in previous protein product reviews, my score on protein supplements is based on how it helped support anabolism through recovery and dietary complement of macros.

Steel Whey helped improve my recovery by keeping my DOMS, soreness, and slight lethargy from previous intense lifting sessions to a bare minimum. I had more natural energy throughout the days, leading all through each consecutive training session.

With an efficient profile, Steel Whey was able to help ensure proper macro intake without adding unnecessary unwanted sugars, fats, or bad carbs all while keeping my protein intake up.

Steel Whey is not widely available and only through SteelFit's website can you purchase it for 39.95. Each tub comes with 26 servings making each serving about 1.50. It may seem expensive, but I think it is worth the price given the quality and effectiveness among other protein products. As always, try to catch on sale.

Side Effects

Conclusion

SteelFit has presented a highly effective and superb quality with Steel Whey. It taste great and provides the highest quality of whey protein concentrate to help you keep those anabolic engines firing. As I always say, keep your diet and training in check and be on the lookout for sales.

GO RED SOX!!

Thanks to Thin Fit Line for sending it out!
  October 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient Packs
  • Good Absorption
  • Decent Value
  • Complex Profile
  • Regularity Improvement
  • Limited Retailers
  • Low Dose On Most Things

Thin Fit Line presents an interesting newcomer to the multivitamin line of supplements. Like many newcomers to the market, HEROES PACK gets the job done, but has room for improvement.

A special thanks to Thin Fit Line for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their multivitamin supplement HEROES PACK. Multivitamins are a general staple in both my own and others' fitness supplement regimen. Multivitamins can help support general health and ensure adequate micronutrient intake. While we should always get the bulk of our nutrients from food, multivitamins do have their place and come in great use.

The profile is very long and complex as one would expect. So for time, please refer to the included image for a complete breakdown of the profile.

Overall, the profile has a good amount of all the essential vitamins and minerals. However, there is some substantial underdosing in areas. For example, the Vitamin D3 is a sparse 133mg. Being that D3 requirements can range from 4,000-8,000 IU for many users, this is clearly an unacceptable dose. In addition, the Vitamin C is a mere 332mg. Again, with a dosage requirement that is much higher for daily consumption, that is not an efficient dose. The additional vitamins and minerals could also be slightly higher, but are not as severely underdosed.

As with many "pack" class of multivitamin supplements, there are also extras. However, these extras could also use significantly higher dosages. For example, the fruit and veggies prop blend provides an abundance of nutrient dense fruit and vegetable extracts. Though, dosed at a total of 105mg, no doubt the underdosing is severe for all of them.

I will note that their is 6.7 million CFU dosage of the probiotic Lactobacillus Acidophilus for regularity support. You don't often see this in multivitamin supplements so it was good to see as an extra. I will say though, I prever probiotics in the billion CFU range.

Lastly, the other additional bonus ingredients are also dosed pretty low in comparison to their effective ranges.

The direction call for one pack daily with a meal. I took one pack in the morning with breakfast.

I base my score on multivitamins on how they benefited my overall health.

I will start by saying that I did see some improvement in my regularity thanks to the included probiotics and enzyme complex. Therefore, this area I can safely say did see some benefit.

I never fell ill while on HEROES PACK. As a result, my immune health potentially was improved.

I didn't see much change in my natural energy levels outside of anything else I was taking or normally experience. However, the potential benefit ot my immune health and helping me stay illness free I would say did have a carry over effect since being ill clearly doesn't do your energy levels any good.

Truth be told, the underdosing of a majority of the ingredients made it a less than satisfactory way to ensure proper micro nutritent intake. As a result, I was still remaining heavily prident on my micro intake from other sources. The inconvenience of the lack luster dosages was not welcoming.

Overall, I'd say it gets the job done provided your diet is in strict check, but doesn't have an advantage over other vitamin packs I've used.

The cheapest I found HEROES PACK was 28.95 on amazon.com. While it is slightly cheaper than other pack multivitamins that I've used, I'd say the value is still not the greatest considering the severe underdosing within the profile. I personally would recommend throwing down the few extra bucks for something more complete like Vital 4u or Myovite.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, while HEROES PACK is not complete miss, it is not a pack multi-v I would recommend over others. Keep your diet strict with plenty of nutrients coming from your diet and it does help to an extent, but the overall underdosed profile simply won't cut it in the long run.

GO RED SOX!!!

7.1
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  October 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Good Ingredients
  • Transparent Label
  • Little Pricey
  • Taste And Mixability Need Improvement

Alpha Dreams is a highly effective product that will help you get those much needed Zzzzs to ensure you are up and running in the morning to take on the challenges that await you both in and out of the gym.

A special thanks to Alpha Lion for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their sleep/recovery aid product Alpha Dreams. As we all known, sleep is a primary foundation needed for recovery and overall good health. We all need that deep restful slumber every night after a hard day's work. However, getting that covenant rest is not always easy. With stressors that stem from everyday life such as tedious work and school hours and familial responsibilities, we may not find the amount of desired time or quality for efficient sleep. Supplements such as Alpha Dreams can help to allow us to sleep with better quality and depth, helping to improve our recovery.

The profile is fully disclosed and each scoop provides the following:

The profile starts with some electrolytes in the form of TRAACs which is short for The Real Amino Acid Chelate System Albion. This is a patented trademark name for special more bioavailable forms of certain minerals an electrolytes. The dosages are included in the profile itself within the matrices that compose the profile itself.

We begin with the Amino Growth Matrix containing L-Leucine at 2500 mg, Lysine HCI at 2000mg, and L-Glutamine at 2000mg. All of these amino acids are well known for their positive influence on recovery, helping to enhance protein synthesis and tissue preparation.

Next we have the Brains Gains Matrix containing L-Tyrosine at 500 mg, GABA at 350mg, 5-HTP at 200mg, and Mucuna Pruriens containing 40% L-Dopa at 175mg. These ingredients help enhance the levels of growth hormone associated with sleep and have nootropic benefits, both allowing for enhanced reparation and improved body and mind recovery support.

Following is the ZMA Recovery Matrix consisting of Magnesium Glycinate Chelate at 400mg, Zinc Methionine at 150mg, and Pyridoxine HCI at 14.5mg. The combination of these three ingredients has been long demonstrated to enhance levels of anabolic hormones, particularly during sleep when hormones such as testosterone and GH rise. This in return supports muscular hypertrophy and overall recovery.

Aferwords is the Anti-Stress Matrix containing Ashwagandha at 150mg, Ascorbic Acid at 100mg and L-Theanine at 100mg. These ingredients are known for their adaptogenic and anti-cortisol benefits, among other benefits to health, that help reduce levels of stress that can hamper recovery through the reduction of anabolic hormones.

Moving along is the Electro Fuel Matrix that has the electrolytes sodium at 200mg and potassium at 40mg. Electrolytes such as these help maintain adequate hydration levels and play roles in nerve and tissue function.

Finally is the Tranquility Matrix containing Chamomile Flower at 75mg and Melatonin at 4mg. These two ingredients help enhance sleep and GH levels through anti-stress support and somatostatin inhibition.

I received the Tropical Thunder as the Cola Bling was not available at the time. Truth be told, I don't think the taste was bad, bad at the same time not something I would deem the best. To me, it was like drinking a diluted fruit punch with an aftertaste of coconut aroma. Again, not the worst thing I've tasted, but not the best either.

Mixability was alright, but needs improvement. Very often I was left with a little undissolved sediment that I could only avoid through rigorous and prolon stirring.

I took one scoop mixed with 8oz of water and consumed it 30 minutes prior to sleep.

I'll first discuss how this influenced my sleep.

It was a little slow getting to sleep. I was not a expecting a "knock out" effect like the original G8 by FinaFlex did, but I was hoping that maube this would have a subtle "starting to gradually feeling sleepy" kind of effect. I did eventually start to drift to sleep, though it was a little too slow for my favor.

The real beneficial sleep influences came mostly from staying asleep and improving the depth of my sleep. I was able to stay asleep all through the night without experiencing a disturbance of any kind. I also felt I was sleeping deeper and more soundly.

My recovery was much improved thanks to my overall more recuperative sleep. I woke up more refreshed, increasingly energized, and had less grogginess and DOMS from previous training session. This was highly welcomed especially when I have to go for early morning cardio/training session or early hour work shifts.

Some guys have reported vivid dreams while on this, but I experienced this only a few times. This wasn't a significant factor for me.

In summary, while getting to sleep was a somewhat slower than what I would've preferred, my overall sleep quality, duration, and recuperation were all much improved.

No doubt this is a highly effective and well formulated sleep aid and recovery support product. However, at a price of 60 dollars available only through Alpha Lion's website, Alpha Dreams is a pretty penny. The efficacy of the product I would say does translate into the premium class price, but no doubt this is gonna discourage some more price savvy users. I'd day you'll definitely want to look out for deals on this one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, despite the high price tag, Alpha Dreams is a great product to help improve your overall sleep quality and help enhance the recuperative and recovery effects from a deep restful slumber. Just be sure you are devoting enough time to sleep and try to catch this on deals.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to Penta Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • An Occassional Extra Bowel Movement
  • Bad Gas
  • Prop Blend

Supplements to keep our systems clean and healthily regulated can go a long way for our overall well being. However, Penta Nutrition Daily Cleanse fell drastically short.

A special thanks to Penta Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their detox product, Daily Cleanse. Our plumbing is constantly on overtime keeping the gunk and unwanted "stuff" out of our bodies. Of course, these systems play crucial roles in supporting our general health and well being through waste elimination and nutrient processing. Supplements on today's market can lend a helping hand in keeping us "regular" and assisting our elimination systems.

So how does Daily Cleanse hold up?

The ingredients are in one prop blend that are contained within a 3 capsule dosage that provides a total of 2250mg of the blended ingredients.

The ingredients include psyllium husks, bentonite clay, black walnut hull powder, oat bran powder, flaxseed powder, prune fruit powder, aloe vera leaf powder, lactobacillus acidophilus, apple pectin powder, and glucomannan powder.

The ingredients all possess properties that assist the regulatory and elimination systems through toxin binding, providing sources of fiber, and improving digestion.

For example, the bentonite clay binds to toxic agents such as heavy metals and chemicals and helps ensure they are eliminated through the body's natural processes.

Stool bulking agents such as the prune powder help make stool material bigger. This stimulates the peristalsis of the large intestine, allowing the stool to be eliminated faster with better regulation.

The fibers such as the psyllium husks and oat bran powder help provide effective colon cleaning properties by helping to remove stuck gunk within the walls of your bowels.

The other ingredients provide much of the same, but their benefits may differentiate.

The product instructs to take 3 capsules everyday. However, the timing is not specific. Throughout my cycle I experimented with timing to try and find out the best time for efficacy. I tried taking all three caps in the morning with or without breakfast, in the afternoon with or without lunch, and in the evening with or without dinner. So I tried it both with food and without food. For a couple of day, I actually tried spreading the caps by taking one at three different times.

However, when all was said and done, I did not find a significant advantage or difference in efficacy regardless when or with whatever I took it with. Towards the end of my run, I simply took all 3 caps in morning on an empty stomach.

I want to stress, my diet is quite clean and consists of plenty of legumes, vegetables, fruit, lean meats, whole grains, and nuts. So diet was not an inhibiting factor in this case

I did not experience overly significant benefits to my overall elimination and digestive systems' function. Only on some occasions did I experience an extra bowel movement that seemed slightly more bulky and more easily passed. Nonetheless, this was only at rare times and was not at all consistent. This indicates that my digestive health was essentially unchanged.

I didn't see much notable improvement in health and well being. I am already a considerably healthy person, but with detox products, I would expect to feel lighter and more elevated due to the toxins being removed. Unfortunately, I saw none of this

I did not have any reductions in bloating and I also noticed a significant increase in gas. Flatulence was a problem for me while on this. Not only was it uncomfortable, but the idea of withholding and concealing it to avoid embarrassment, is embarrassing in itself. This prompted me to nearly stop the product, but I continued on to ensure a fair and full review.

The product is only available through Penta Nutrition's website at 39.99. This is not at all a good value given the lack of results and bad gas from the product. For 40 dollars, you are much better off buying bulk fiber, activated charcoal, or simply just investing in cheaper cleanse and detox products.

Side Effects

Lots of unpleasant gas

Conclusion

Unfortunately, Daily Cleanse by Penta Nutrition simply didn't work for me. I'd say it's cheaper just to follow a healthy diet regimen, ensure adequate fiber intake, drink plenty of liquids, and invest in cheaper products.

GO RED SOX!!!!