WarMachine

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

(Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!)

----Introduction----

A special thanks to Catalyst By Strength.com for their participation in the ER/TROOPs program. Today, I discuss my experiences with their protein supplement Catalyst whey, which I'll just call Catalyst. Protein.....the prime foundation staple of many of our supplement regimens. Regardless what your fitness goals are geared towards, there is always an area where supplementing with some extra protein can be a necessity. Of course, nothing beats good wholesome food, but having a protein supplement on hand is always good reassurance. There are so many protein supplements out there that it seems like we're are usually never content with just one. For me, when choosing a good protein product, I like the cleanest and highest quality that I can get, as do most of us.

So how does Catalyst hold up to these demands?

----Ingredient Profile----

As with most protein products the profile is very straightforwards. Each scoop provides 24g of whey protein comprised of a combination of both isolate and concentrate. There is also 2g of sugar, 3g of carbohydrates, and 110 total calories.

The attraction point of Catalyst is that the whey source used is derived from grass-fed cows. Milk derived from grass-fed cows is said to have higher bioavailable nutrient content and contain higher levels of CLA with a more complete amino acid profile.

Worth noting that Catalyst whey also contains a small amount of dextrose and is sweetened with stevia.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received th Belgian Chocolate flavored and found it enjoyable. Though, it's definitely more enjoyable in milk than water. It mixed fine for me regardless how I prepared it and didn't leave any large undissolved globs.

Dosing with protein supplements depends solely on how much protein you need in a day. Me personally, I took 2 servings on training days, one in the morning and one sometime post workout following amino acids and creatine. On non training days, I would take one serving usually in the morning.

----Effectiveness----

As I explained in previous reviews of other proteins, how you gauge efficacy depends on how you feel it helped meet your protein requirements. Catalyst whey did a great job in providing me with the extra amounts of high quality protein I needed throughout the day and helped keep my recovery on peak. The great taste, convenience, and quality of Catalyst made meeting protein quotas more enjoyable and accomplished.

The extra CLA content is said to aid in fat loss, but my diet right now is not geared towards that so I can't comment on the benefits in those areas. Potentially, it can help in weight loss with diet and training in check given that it's low calories and doesn't add a lot of extra carbs or sugar to your intake.

----Value----

The cheapest I found Catalyst whey was around 35 dollars on amazon, though I don't know if it's still currently available on the site. Considering that's for a 2lbs bag that may last you upwards of a month and that the protein is very good quality and consistency, I'd say that's not bad a price. The drawback though is that if you use multiple servings, this price can eventually begin to add up.

----Conclusion----

Catalyst whey is definitely a whey protein supplement I would recommend to anybody who wants to include a high quality, good tasting, well balanced protein supplement into their regimen in order to keep macro quotas in check. Be sure you're getting most of your nutrients from good food and as always keep your training in check. Also, try to catch this product on sale deals since the price tag can add up depending on how often you use protein supplements.

GO BRUINS!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Great Tasting
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • Slightly Expensive

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

A special thanks to VMI for participating in the SR TROOPS/ER program. Today, I discuss their bulk Agmapure product. Agmatine sulfate has become the foundation of quality pump enhancing ingredients. At the right dosage and intensive training regimen, nothing seems to work better than good pure agmatine sulfate.

One simple ingredient:

Each scoop contains 500mg of straight up agmatine sulfate. In addition to pumps, agmapure has also been demonstrated to have positive effects of anabolic hormone levels and glucose metabolism.

Let's be...

One simple ingredient:

Let's be honest though, the increased pumps and vascularity are what most if not all of us look for when taking agmatine sulfate.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

The powder seems flavorless but I wouldn't know since I was always combining servings into plavored pre-workouts.

It mixed well within any liquid preparations I made and I had no problems with clumping or undissolved material.

The effective dose of agmatine can range between 1-3g in most users. Me personally, I enjoy 2g a day. With VMI's agmapoure, I combined two scoops into a pre-workout, adding a full gram to the agmatine that was already in the pre workout product itself, yielding my desired dosage.

----Effectiveness----

Speaking solely on the pump aspect of agmatine, I got some improved solid pumps and vascualrity from this product. My trained muscles felt much fuller and I had some serious veins popping everywhere.

Also, it seemed to provide a little extra endurance for my cardio sessions, so that's always a plus.

Not much more to say on top of that considering I'm only reviewing a single ingredients.

----Value----

The cheapest I found agmapure was 20 dollars. You get 60 500mg servings in each tub, so depending on how much you use, this tub can last anywhere between 1-2 months. I personally think this is a great value given agmapure's results and benefits.

----Conclusion----

Plain and simple, if you knowingly have good experiences with agmatine sulfate, VMI's agmapure is a solid bulk product to add to your pre-workout regimen to ensure you get those long sought after pumps and vascularity. Just be cautions how much you're taking and be aware of any agmatine your pre-workout may already have to ensure you're getting enough, but not too much.

TRAIN HARD
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Great Pumps
  • Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

Another special thanks to Nature Restore for their support here on Sr.com. Today, I discuss their cayenne pepper extract supplement. You don't hear cayenne pepper much in terms of supplements on today's market, unless you're a more herbal staple enthusiast. Nonetheless, like other pepper-based extracts, cayenne pepper has been demonstrated to have quite a few benefits. I myself, have used cayenne extract a couple of times standalone because of it's benefits to support metabolism. Of course, the other benefits are always welcomed.

One ...

One simple ingredient:

Each capsule comes packed with 500mg of cayenne pepper extract standardized at 0.45% capsaicin. I don't think I need to go in depth but as everyone knows capsaicin is the compound responsible for giving peppers their heat punch. (try a chocolate bhutla if you get the chance lol)

As I said before, cayenne has plenty of benefits. These benefits include antibacterial, anti-fungal, immunity support, metabolic enhancement, joint relief, blood clot prevention, and also can be used as part of detox.

----Dosing----

Nature Restore advises that only one capsule be dosed each day with a meal. I took my capsule first thing in the morning with breakfast since the morning is where I would want the metabolic enhancement benefits.

----Effectiveness----

I saw some good notable benefits while taking Cayenne. My skin seemed clearer with much less instances of occasional acne and redness in certain areas were relieved significantly. I also never got sick nor felt any kind of cold-weather induced lethargy so I can say the immunity benefits were there. While I don't often get joint pain, the cayenne helped alleviate the minor occassional joint discomfort I get from certain isolation movements and heavy squats.

The main thing I wanted to focus on was the metabolism effect. I did notice an increase of a thermo effect during my high intensity interval regimens and had a more "heated to the core" feeling. Also, I sweating more and I felt more energized for sustained periods of times, even without a pre-workout. My appetite seemed slightly diminished, so it does seem to have a potential appetite suppressing effect for those interested in that.

All in all, Nature Restore's cayenne pepper hit the mark where I expected it to.

----Value----

I've found that you can purchase cayenne for as low at 11.95 per bottle. This equates to about 0.13 per serving considering you get a 90-day supply. If you're are a regular user of cayenne extract, no doubt, that's an astounding value.

----Side Effects----

None, though I've heard of some users getting heartburn from pepper extract supplements so make sure you always take it with food.

----Conclusion----

Again, if you're a regular user and believer in cayenne pepper's benefits, then Nature Restore provides you with a great, high-quality plant-based supplement at a price you can't beat.

TRAIN HARD!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Thermo Effect
  • Joint Relief
  • Better Skin
  • Immunity Enhancement

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----

A special thanks to Nature Restore for their support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their product AstraGin. AstraGin has been around for a while now and we tend to see it pop up more often these days as an additive in other supplements. It's nutrient uptake enhancement properties make an ideal catalyst to aid in the efficacy of many supplement staples. Taken by itself, it's benefits can help promote good health as well.

So how does this product in particular stand up?

One simple ingredient:

Each capsule contains a dose of AstrGin...
    ----Introduction----

So how does this product in particular stand up?

One simple ingredient:

Each capsule contains a dose of AstrGin at 200mg.

A quick overview of AstraGin itself:

It's a natural plant based formulation derived from Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membrenaceus, which are two species of plants native primarily to China and Japan. These plants are studies to have anti-inflammatory properties and improve organ function.

AstraGin works by increasing the activity and number of the body's mRNA and transporter proteins that play a role in nutrient metabolism and uptake. Transporter proteins are regulated by mRNA that encode chemical messages to determine the absorption quantity of specific nutrients. Increasing these chemicals and proteins, enhances absorption through the increased activity of the body's overall absorption processes.

To sum it up, AstraGin increases the efficacy of transporter and mRNA proteins.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Focusing only on dosing since caps don't apply to taste and mixability, I dosed one cap a day in the morning with breakfast. Being that each gives you 200mg, one capsule is more than enough for anyone.

----Effectiveness----

From my passed experiences with AstrGin, I've noticed it too improve my recovery and give me a more pronounced pump feel from NO-inducing ingredients like L-Arginine or Agmatin. With Nature Restore's AstraGin, combined with additional amino acids, protein, creatine, and agmapure, I saw improvements in my recovery, vasculatiry, and muscle endurance.

I found that even when I may have been sleep deprived at certain times, my DOMS and next day lethargy were almost absent. I also noticed I had some more natural energy throughout the day, so that's always a welcomed benefits when you're full time at college and plan to hit the gym again that day. Clearly, I was recovering better since I normally find myself operating at a reduced percentage of efficiency when I don't get enough zzzz's.

With agmapure (agmatine sulfate), I felt an improved and more pronounced swole feeling in my physique with some good complimentary vascularity. It was nice to have the gym pump stay with you long after your workout.

Finally, provided I got my daily macros and micros on quota, I did see improvement in my cardio endurance and intra-workout weight training endurance as well. I was able to bang out more sprint intervals, boxing speed punch stints, and high volume speed sets with some more ease.

----Value----

Each bottle consists of 90 capsules, which equates to a three month supply since you only need one capsule a day. The only market price I could find was 34.95. I think this is a great value if you are a regular user in AstraGin and knowingly respond well to it, especially considering the quantity you receive in each bottle.

----Conclusion----

Nature Restore has a really great valued product here if you knowingly respond well to AstraGin. The increased absorption and uptake of several vital nutrients and supplements is sure to give you some good improvements in recovery, among other things depending on how you train and what you supplement with.

TRAIN HARD!!!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Feeling Of General Health
    • Improved Recovery
    • Enhanced Pump Feel
    • Some Endurance Increase

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----

A big time thanks to RCSS and BigRon himself for their continued support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their new BCAA formulation Amino Tone + Energy (AT-Energy). I've used the original Amino-Tone in the past and loved it. It was a superior intra-workout supplement which gave me some real good extra energy, hydration, and endurance. When I learned of this new product, I had to try it for myself.

----Ingredient Profile----

The profile is pretty extensive so you'll definitely want to refer to the inset image below.

The profile begins with a dosage of B-vitamin...

----Ingredient Profile----

The profile begins with a dosage of B-vitamins, followed by a 5,000 mg dosing of the BCAAs Leucine at 2500 mg, Iso-Leucine at 1250 mg, and Valine at 1250 mg. Next, there is an intra-support matrix dosed at 3785 mg blended of HICA, potassium, Taurine, and Magnesium. Following that is the stim-free support complex of 3180 mg containing inositol, coleus forskohli, raspberry ketones, choline, and L-alanine. Lastly is the 600 mg natural energy and stress relief complex that contains green tea extract, green coffee bean extract, maca, and rhodiola rosea.

Phew, that's a lot candy to put in an amino product, but for something like this I'd say the more the merrier.

No doubt, AT-Energy has plenty of good well known ingredients in its formulation with the potential to give you the benefits of BCAAs with added natural energy, fat loss, and endurance benefits. Some of these ingredients are in blends, but I think most are decently dosed.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the America flavor. It was symbolic of the classic red, white, and blue Rocket Popsicle that we knew from our childhoods that we would get from our local ice cream vendors. The taste was great, it definitely made me think I was enjoying a frozen treat. It was not too sweet, sour, or gritty.

Each serving mixed well in both water and sports drinks.

I used AT-Energy solely as an intra-workout product. I combined one scoop with 12 ounces of either water or powerade and sipped it during my workout, usually between weight sets.

----Effectiveness----

From my past experience with the original Amino-Tone and other BCAAs products, I gauge the efficacy of this product based on intra-workout support in the categories of complimenting energy enhancement, endurance, and recovery.

The first thing I will note is that I was using a PWO at the same time, but I will say that AT-Energy gave me some real nice noticeable complimenting energy which allowed me to power through some extra sets and movements in each workout session. I noticed the energy more so once I would finish consuming it which was a little before half completion of my workout.

The fatigue reduction I got was significantly improved. I noticed I had less of that lactic acid "burn" that you get with high volume sets, which usually result in me dropping the weight before my completed quota of reps if I don't rest enough between sets. AT-Energy helped reduce this and allowed me to bang out extra reps and reach rep quotas more often with less of the aftermath fatigue after each set. This reduction of fatigue made it easier to do my Time Under Tension sets with my heavy compound movements more effectively, especially squats.

My cardio endurance seemed a little improved, but I was not focusing much on HIIT cardio during this phase so perhaps with I had I'd be able to analyze this benefit more. I was still engaging in my boxing intervals and noticed some increased aggression and stamina during heavy bag training so that was a good plus.

Lastly, even though I took AT-Energy only intra-workout, I did notice the fatigue reduction and endurance enhancement carried over to my post workout recovery as I noticed I was recovering better with noticeably reduced next day DOMS. This is real important when your routine calls for multiple leg days.

I didn't assess any fat loss benefits because my current phase training is not geared at that at this time. A did experience a mild thermo effect but nothing dramatic.

In summary, AT-Energy hit all the nails on the head for my intra workout needs.

----Value----

The general selling retail price of AT-Energy is 29.99. You get 30 servings per tub so that's a dollar a serving. I think this is a fair value considering how well AT-Energy worked, but I would definitely look out for sales.

----Conclusion----

All I can say is, "YEAH BUDDAY" to Amino-Tone + Energy. Another great product from the RCSS line that delivers where you need it. Amino-Tone +Energy will help give you some extra energy, aid in fat loss, and help you crush out those extra sets while giving you all the goodness of BCAAs.

• Increased Hydration
      • Good Tasting
      • Good Recovery
      • Property Blend
      • Thermo Effect Could Be Better

(Thanks to Kyäni, Inc. for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----

A special thanks to Kyani Inc for their support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their omega-3 supplement Kyani Sunset. Omega-3 has been a staple supplement for many of us, especially those looking for joint support. By now, we've all been familiarized with omega-3 fatty acids' benefits including, skin, hair, joint, and anti-inflammatory benefits. Omega-3s have also been demonstrated in aid in fat loss and may even protect against certain cancers. Of course not all omega-3 products are created equally.

Lets see how Sunset stands up...

----Ingredient Profile-...
      ----Introduction----

Lets see how Sunset stands up...

----Ingredient Profile----

Each 3 capsule serving provides 1g of omega-3s, 5,000 IUs of vitamin A, 500 IUs of vitamin D, and 100mg of a mixed tocotrienol source of vitamin E.

Sunset is described as using Wild Alaskan Sokeye Salmon, which is touted to be one of, if not the purest forms of fish oil derived fatty acids. Kyani also explains on their website how they utilize methods to reduce mercury content. Mercury exposure is one of the prime risks of consuming certain seafood and taking these supplements. So, it helps to purchase both seafood and fish oil supplements from trusted brands.

The added vitamins are fat-soluble and compliment the benefits of fish oil.

My only complaint here is that I believe the fish oil concentration could be higher considering bigger individuals such as myself need a little more when it comes to daily allowance of fish oil. I understand that the source used is supposed to be more bioavailable, but given the variance of users I think a little more wouldn't hurt.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Since they are caps, there isn't any taste or mixability to talk about. The one thing I will note is that I didn't get any fish burps that I've sometimes experienced with certain omega-3 products.

The directions state to dose the product at one three cap serving preferably with an evening meal. Even though I anticipated I would need more, I stuck with this protocol to assess the bioavailability properties of Sokeye Salmon. Therefore, I took as directed at 3 caps with my last meal.

----Effectiveness----

Fish oil is one of those staple supps like multi-v's and protein that you don't necessarily "feel" working, but rather base your judgement on effectiveness on how you knowingly respond to such products.

For me, fish oil helps with skin health, fat loss support, immunity, and joint support. While taking sunset, I did notice that my skin, hair, and nails appeared stronger, thicker, and less frail from the common winter season dryness. I also saw a decrease in acne too, though I generally don't get acne as often anymore. As for joints, occasionally I do get minor aches and pains especially following a lot of isolation weight based movements in certain joints like my elbows and knees. Sunset I noticed help keep those aches and pains away even with extensive heavy weight-bearing movements. For fat loss support, truthfully I didn't pay much attention to this considering I am not currently on a cutting phase or fat loss regimen. Lastly, I never fell ill or felt any kind of seasonal lethargy I get with cold wintry weather, so it seems Sunset had some benefits in the immunity support area as well.

----Value----

As with many products that tout great claims from their respected companies, this is where Sunset loses some big points. The cheapest I found Sunset was 35.95. While I did enjoy the product's benefits, such a price tag is simply too much for me. For 36 dollars, one could purchase other fish oil products from respectable companies and with higher supply per container. The sources of fish may not be as pure as Sokeye Salmon, but that can be remedied through good diet and usually taking a little extra fish oil caps a day.

----Conclusion----

In conclusion, I think that Kyani Sunset is a very good fish oil supplement in terms of quality, purity, and efficacy. At the current price though, it is not a product one may wish to invest regularly in. Perhaps if Kyani's line of supplements becomes more available, the prices will be more reasonable, but until then it's best to watch for sales and maybe stick with your own fish oil supplement.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Fishy Taste
      • High Quality
      • Immunity
      • Hair Skin Nails
      • Natural Anti-inflammatory
      • Joint Strength

(Thanks to Hard Iron Labs for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----

A special thanks to Hard Iron Labs for their participation in the TROOPS/ER program. Today, I discuss their PWO Death Punch. I've used more pwo's products I think than any class of supplements, even more so than protein. Of course, being the stim junkie that I am, I had to jump on this opportunity, especially considering the name alone.

So, do we truly have a PWO that really delivers the "death punch"?

----Ingredient Profile----

A fully diclosed label? BIG POINTS!!!

----Introduction----

So, do we truly have a PWO that really delivers the "death punch"?

----Ingredient Profile----

A fully diclosed label? BIG POINTS!!!

Death Punch's profile is complete with plenty of well-known ingredients that we've typically seen in almost ever one of today's popular pwos. These ingredients include L-citrulline malate, creatine monohydrate, beta-alanine, betaine anhydrous, taurine, agmatine sulfate, caffeine anhydrous, N-acetyl L-tyrosine, and bioperine. Refer to the inset image below for a breakdown of dosages.

Death Punch quite literally covers the entire spectrum of PWO support with all of these ingredients including pump, energy, endurance, and focus. This is definitely on of the most favorable, complete, well dosed PWO profile I've seen in a while.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Death Punch currently comes in only one flavor; Blue Razz. I found the flavor to be good for the most part, but a little bit too tart if I didn't use enough liquid, usually water.

The products mixability was thorough and did not leave any undissolved grit or mess.

You generally would dose Death Punch as you would any other pwo. I took a full scoop about 25 minutes before hitting the weights.

----Effectiveness----

Gonna resort to the category method here.

Energy (9/10): Nothing like a Death Punch to ignite the engines!!! This stuff gave me a hell of an energy boost which lasted throughout my workout and had an efficient consistency without any dirty or overly wired up jittery feeling. Overall, solid energy boost.

Focus (8/10): Death Punch gave me some real nice laser vision focus almost similar to a nootropic's effects. I was definitely less distracted and plenty more locked on to my weight bearing movement objectives with each and every workout. No complaints here.

Pump (8/10): As usual I noticed the pump and vascularity effects with high volume training. Nonetheless, I got a solid overall pump that had my muscles feeling full and constantly primed to beast out my intended sets. Vascularity was more prominent mostly in the legs and chest with some improvement in the other areas. In short, Death Punch pumps you up nice.

Endurance (8/10): With my new semester at college and work having me feel drained a little more than usual, my endurance was starting to dip a little. Death Punch allowed me to regain that level of endurance that had lagged as a result of some missed rest time. This was good considering my stamina is vital for my TUT sets and boxing training that I still do.

IN summary, Death Punch truly lived up to its name and shined in all the intended areas.

----Value----

Death Punch, at the moment, is not widely available. The cheapest I was able to find was 39.90 for a full 30 serving tub. Hard Iron Labs does promote sales from times to grant lower prices, but if your were to consider the list price of the product, I'd say the value is not overly expensive considering the product's efficacy, but also keep a sharp eye out for those sales.

----Side Effects----
      none unless your count beta alanine tingles

----Conclusion----

Death Punch has earned its spot in my list of preferred pwos for what it delivers. It truly does deliver a death punch with the power to give your backside a big boost of energy, pop those veins for the ultimate pump, give you good endurance support, and ensure you remain honed in on your objectives in the gym through focus increase. Just be sure to catch it on sale and when it becomes more widely available.

• No Proprietary Blends
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Solid Dosages
      • Endurance
      • Limited Availability
      • More Flavors Would Be Nice

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----

I'd like to first thank VMI for their continued support here on SR.com. I'd also like to apologize for the tardiness of the this review. With that said lets get started.

----Introduction----

Arima-XD (A-XD) is an AI developed to aid in helping to block exogenous estrogen spikes and help create a healthier hormonal balance. For us guys, estrogen is always something we gotta keep an eye on since too high levels can lead to a host of nasty sides including gyno and fat gain. However, having it too low can have its own consequences including dry joints and libido loss. Estrogen may get a bad reputation for the most part, but like all our other hormones in both men and women, it's important to keep it at a favorably balanced level.

----Ingredient Profile----

Aside of a small amount of Vitamin E, A-XD contains ingredients including chrysin, DIM, Indole-3-carbinol, and calcium d-glucarate.

Chrysin is a flavone extracted from a species of passion flower. It is said so aid in blocking the production of estrogen via aromatase inhibition. The drawback is it's poor oral bioavailability. Luckily, A-XD contains the well known absorption enhancer AstraGin.

Calcium d-glucarate is nutrient compound that has been demonstrated to aid in estrogen balance by promoting the excretion of excess estrogen from the body. It also promotes overall cellular detoxification.

I3C and DIM are phytochemical compounds that promote the metabolism of estrogen, allowing for a more favorable ration between "good" 2-OHE1 estrogens and "bad" 16 OHE1 estrogen. Higher good estrogens are associated with the positive benefactors associated with estrogen. So, it would make since to try and balance out the ration to have more of these types of estrogen.

As stated earlier, there is also AstraGin for absorption enhancement.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

No taste or mixability to discuss since these are caps.

The dosing protocol calls for 2 pills taken preferably before bedtime. I myself ensured that the pills were taken about 20 minutes before bed about 1.5 hours after my last meal.

----Effectiveness----

I added A-XD to my estrogen support regimen during my trest + epiandro cycle. I was also taking ar1macare pro but the ingredients in A-XD I believed would aid in helping to further combat the potential of any side effects.

Since the ingredients also have anti-oxidant and detox promotion properties, I found myself experiencing much less side effects from my ph cycle when A-XD was added. I was less lethargic, my libido was more consistent and remained heightened, and existing acne cleared up faster, while new breakouts rarely occurred. Furthermore, thanks to the combined detox and estrogen modulation effects, I noticed my overall sense of well-being and alpha mindset focus seemed improved as well in compliment with the effects I was getting with the prohormones.

Overall, I am satisfied with the support A-XD provided me with.

----Value----

The best price I found for A-XD is about 33 dollars. You get a full-month supply and this price does seem on par with most AI/test boosters on market. I'd say this is not a bad value considering it's efficacy, but maybe a few extra bucks lower or bigger bottle size would be a better investment.

----Side Effects----

none from the product itself

----Conclusion----

In conclusion, A-XD is a product that will help keep that nasty estrogen low and keep those man gears whipping up to top condition. It's no substitute for more potent AI support, but definitely a good addition to any estrogen management therapy if your looking for a way to reduce your chances of estrogen related side effects by helping to create a more favorable estrogen ration environment. Of course, don't forget your diet and training are the most important factors.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

THANKS FOR THE 5TH RING PATS!!!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Libido

(Thanks to Kylea Health for sending it out!)
        ----Introduction----

A special thanks to Kylea health for their support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their whole foods powder supplement Total Living Drink Greens, which I will just refer to as Greens. We all need to supplement our diets with some extra nutrients occasionally to help keep our health at optimal functioning. These supplements can include multi-v's, herb extracts, and full formulations such as Greens containing nutrients derived from natural food sources with some extra bonuses.

----Ingredient Profile----

The ingredient profile is pretty vast so refer to the image f...

----Ingredient Profile----

The ingredient profile is pretty vast so refer to the image for a complete breakdown.

A serving provides plenty of good general nutrients consisting of essential vitamins and minerals. There are also some nice bonuses such as probiotics, herbs, and plant extracts for some added benefits.

It should be noted that this is a fully vegan formulation so the protein is derived primarily from plant sources, but thankfully no soy.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

The taste is a little difficult to describe. To best describe it, it has a earthy, very plant apparent taste with a touch of berry essence. In all honesty, you need to try it yourself to seriously know what that means. The taste is definitely natural and not bad in my opinion, even if you don't have a vegan style pallet.

The one thing I wasn't too fond of was the gritty consistency upon mixture. The mixture was thorough but the resulting shake had some notable grit to it, which I can clearly contribute to the natural plant source ingredients. It had a tendency to make a bit of a mess among my teeth upon consuming so it, so I often found myself chasing it down with some extra liquid or chewing some gum to help remedy that.

You mix one level scoop preferably with water and then bottoms up. How often you take it depends on your needs, but if you got your diet in check, I would recommend no more than one serving per day.

----Effectiveness----

Greens is advertised to have several benefits to support general health including immune support, bowel function improvement, digestive support, and detoxification.

I will say that the bowel and digestive support benefits are apparent as I found myself having less bloat episodes following heavy meals and did see more frequent and easier passing bowel movements.

As for immune support, I never fell ill while taking this supplement, but then again I rarely get sick so it's hard to determine the immune benefits just from that. Still, when you're a college student, you try not to get sick at all.

The detoxification and cleansing benefits were well achieved especially considering I am currently on a ph cycle, though not an overly harsh one. I saw much less frequent acne, gas, and I was urinating more with a clear consistency to my urine. Be sure to drink plenty of water to ensure these benefits are fully achieved.

The protein in the product was also a good addition to helping keep my macros in check through the day.

In all, Greens helped me in all of the areas I was expecting it too.

----Value----

Okay, here is where the product loses BIG points and why my scoring is all over the place. I searched far and wide and found that regardless where it is sold, a full 30-day supply of Greens is 99 dollars, Yes..99 BIG ONES. That's not including shipping costs.

As effective as I found Greens, I simply cannot see myself making such a costly investment even for something as complete as this product. A much lower price or perhaps a supply that is triple the currently available size would greatly improve the value.

----Side Effects----

none out of what was expected

----Conclusion----

Greens definitely helps keep your health up and running, but at the current price tag, you may as well stick with multi-v's, bulk probiotics, and cheaper fruits and vegetable nutrient powder preparations.

C'MON PATS!!!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Substantial Nutrients
        • Plenty Good Health Support
        • All Natural
        • Far Too Expensive
        • GrittyGrainy Consistency

(Thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations for sending it out!)

----Introduction----

Anther thanks to Nutra-Innovations for their support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their sleep/relaxant supplement Anabolic Unwind. I've used plenty of sleep supps in the past both powder and pill forms. Sleep is something we all need regardless and for those of us who pound away at our bodies both physically and mentally both in the gym and outside in life in general could always use more of it. Unfortunately, that can be easier said than done at times since factors such as stress, illness, etc, can prevent us from getting the Zzzzz's we need. Thankfully, we've got products out there that can aid us in helping us get that much desired shut-eye, aside of pharmaceutical drugs.

Question is, does Anabolic Unwind help in getting that shut-eye?

One big prop blend of 600 mg per capsule....*sigh*

Aside of my general disliking in prop blends, Anabolic Unwind contains some well-known ingredients known for their adaptogenic and stress reducing effects. There are also some ingredients that look unfamiliar, at least to me, and require a little research.

The main ingredient is Sarcosine, which is an amino acid derivative believed to possess potential anti-psychotic effects. However, research on these effects is inconclusive and Sarcosine is believed to be a potential carcinogen in some studies, though this is also inconclusive.

The next ingredient I had to look up was Oleamide. This is an organic compound believed to have interaction processes with other neurotransmitters, thus potentially inducing sleep.

Next is Baicalin, a glycoside demonstrated to have modulation properties with the GABA receptor, resulting in a sedative or relaxant effect.

The last ingredient I resarched was bis-maltolato-oxovanadium (ummmm....chemistry homework?). From what I looked up, this is intended to be a insulin mimetic, so I would guess this product is to aid in nocturnal glucose metabolism, aiding the transporting of nutrients into tissue systems undergoing reparation.

The remaining ingredients include L-dopa, ashwaghanda, rhodiola rosea, 5-HTP, L-Theanine, and magnesium. I don't think I need to explain the benefits of these ingredients since we've seen them more than enough times and should be familiar with their benefits in rest and relaxation promotion.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

No taste or mixability to discuss since they are caps.

Nutra-Innovations instructs that this can be used either as a sleep-aid or relaxant during the day. For me, I used it solely for sleep aiding. I took 4 caps about 30 minutes before bed, ensuring that my stomach was mostly empty.

----Effectiveness----

Despite my doubts due to the prop blend, I actually was surprised by Anabolic Unwind's effects. It didn't knock me out, but rather, it allowed me to more gradually and effectively fall asleep quicker and stay asleep throughout the night. This allowed me to get a deeper, more recuperative and restful sleep. I woke up more refreshed and less fatigued even days following my most intensive workout sessions. I also liked that I didn't get any sleep hangovers and that once I woke up, I was more fully alert rather than groggy and waning to return to sleep due to the lack of restfulness.

----Value----

This is where the product loses some significant points. The only place it seems that Anabolic Unwind can be purchased is from the Nutra-Innovations website at a price of 60 dollars. If you dose a full 4 caps like me, the product lasts just short of a full-month. However, even if you stretch it out to a full month, 60 dollars a bottle is just too steep in my opinion considering other sleep supps I've used with success run for much less.

----Conclusion----

In closing, Anabolic Unwind is definitely an effective sleep aid, but at the current price, it's hard to recommend it over cheaper options. I'd hope that if it becomes more widely available, the price tag comes down to a more favorable range. This would be most welcomed considering the product's efficacy.

GO PATS!!!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increased Following Day Energy
        • Causes Well-Rested Morning Feeling
        • Deeper More Recuperative Sleep
        • Prop Blend