WarMachine

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

Thanks to Interval Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration
  • Good Carb Source
  • Stim Free
  • Bit Expensive
  • Needs More Servings And Flavors

Intra Norish is a very good way to give you some solid energy without the stims. It's also a good intra workout supplement. The main problem is, the lack of servings doesn't do the price value justice.

A special thanks to Interval Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their stim free intra workout product Intra Nourish+ Clear. I've recently entered into a new recomp phase in order to shed some body fat and improve my definition. Therefore, I've also been doing frequent morning fasted cardio sessions, in addition to all of my normal weight training routine. I prefer the use of non-stim products when possible to help give me some good energy to get through the early morning cardio without having to intake any excess calories. Plus, I do enjoy good intra workout supplementation to help me drive through my normal weight training and more intensive cardio sessions. After seeing Intra Nourish+ Clear's profile, I figured this product was potentially the one for the job.

The profile kis fully disclosed with no prop blends.

Each servings starts with a source of electrolytes including magnesium at 25mg, sodium at 150mg, and potassium at 100mg.

Next there is beta alanine at 3200mg, taurine at 1000mg, acetyl L-carnitine at 500mg, and L-carnitine L-tartrate at 250mg.

The profile finishes with an Intra Recovery Matrix containing 13g of highly branched cyclic dextrin or HBCD and a form of hydrolyzed casseinate protein called Peptopro.

From the macro perspective, each serving will provide 52 calories from 10g of carbs and 3g of protein.

I would prefer a much higher dose of L-carnitine L-tartrate, but overall, a promising looking profile

I received the raspberry lemonade which I believe is the only flavor at the moment. I found it tasty and refreshing as it tasted exactly like raspberry lemonade.

The mixability was on par. I didn't have any problems with undissolved sediment or material. It mixed thoroughly and properly in water.

I performed my morning cardio sessions 4 times a week around 7-8am. For this use, I would take a scoop mixed with water about 20 minutes before my session began. Note that I didn't take an additional serving for intra supplementation for my following training sessions scheduled later in the day, since I only had 20 servings to work with.

On days when I didn't have morning cardio sessions, I would mix a scoop with water and consume during my workout as an intra supplement.

No servings were taken on non-training sessions.

For a morning cardio energizer, Intra Nourish+ Clear did a very good job in giving me a good boost of energy with the help of efficient carb and electrolytes sources. It did this without adding and unnecessary sugars, calories, or unfavorable carbs. This boost helped me bang out my morning sessions without the lag of getting up early slowing me down.

As an intra workout supplement, I felt some increased pump feeling as well as endurance. My fatigue between sets for each consecutive weight movement was reduced and I was able to perform more reps with less rest in between. I was able to bang out my HIIT volume sets more quickly and aggressively. I was also somewhat less fatigued overall after the entire training session.

For my more intensive cardio sessions and bosing, I was running faster and longer, stair climbing quicker, and boxing in each round more focused and aggressively.

The extra hydration really helped as I was sweating something serious with all this work.

This is where the product takes a bit of a dive. The cheapest price I found was 35 dollars on amazon. Each tub only has 20 servings as opposed to a more favorable 30 servings. If you train as frequently as me (6-7 times a week depending on goals) this product won't last very long. If you follow a single serving a day protocol then the product will last the full 20 days. However, that is still a lagging serving quantity considering the price. If you could get a full month's supply, the value would be significantly better.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles but that is expected

Conclusion

So despite the hit on value, Intra Nourish+ Clear is still a very good supplement that helps with energy, pump, and endurance. It will help give a good boost without stims or unnecessary sugars or unwanted micros or macros. If they could up the servings per tub, then I would recommend a regular investment in the product.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  May 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Purity
  • No Prop Blends
  • Increased Recovery
  • Needs A Little More Creatine

CGT-Max is great for overall recovery and helping to keep your gears grinding throughout your workouts.

As always, a special thanks to Nutrabio for their continued support and participation here on SR.com. Also, an apology as this review is a bit late. I've tried more Nutrabio products than I can count. So, to see a product that combines top quality ingredients known for their benefits in energy production and recovery, was exciting. Creatine, glutamine, and taurine have always been ingredients that I've responded to well. Being able to use them in combination seemed like a recipe for some solid results.

As per usual if not always with Nutrabio's products, the ingredient profile is fully disclosed with all dosages and ingredients.

CGT-Max beings with 5g of Creatine consisting of a complex of 4.17g of pure creatine monohydrate and 830mg of magnesium creatine chelate.

Next we have 4g of L-glutamine followed by 2g of taurine.

The only things I would want done different, is to add maybe one more gram of glutamine and perhaps double the creatine dosage since the benchmark dosage of creatine for most is 10g mainly for maintenance. A loading phase with creatine with dosages at 15-20g for the first week or two is often recommended, but usually this is up to the user's personal preference and experience with creatine. I personally, don't think it is mandatory and don't always use a loading phase. Often, I'll only use the loading phase if I am beginning a new cycle following a prolonged off-period. I was not beginning a new cycle since I was still using creatine before hand so for me, a loading phase with this product was not necessary.

I received the lemon lime flavor. I thought it was not bad, but it was a little watered down for me. Not the worst thing I have tasted, but not the best either.

It mixed fine with water or a sports drink without anh undissolved sediment or clumps.

I took two scoops on training days and one scoop on non-training days. On training days, I would take one scoop mixed with either water or a sports drink an hour before my workouts and a scoop immediately post workout. On non-training days, I'd take one scoop mixed with a sports drink and consume it in the early morning about 30 minutes before breakfast.

From a recovery aspect, CGT-Max hit home on this one. My post workout and next morning DOMS and lethargy were reduced significantly and I had an elevated feeling of natural energy throughout each consecutive day. As a result, I was going into each workout more pumped and primed.

The pre workout serving gave me more complimentary energy and endurance as well. My energy levels were clean and consistent and I had no crash or dirty wired up feelings I would sometimes get if I overdid the stims. Endurance was also noticeably improved. I had less soreness an fatigue between sets, even with high volume TUT intervals with heavy compound movements. I was able to perform more reps and more frequent sets with less rest in between. Cardio endurance was somewhat improved as was my boxing performance.

Th cheapest price I found was 19.99 on amazon. You get 40 servings per tub. I personally think the value is very good considering the efficacy and the amount of servings you get. Even if you use two scoops each day, it'll still last a good amount of time.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio has delivered yet again with another top notch high quality supplement with CGT-Max. It'll help give your energy, recovery, and endurance a good boost, without giving any unnecessary additive or filler ingredients. With its current price, it is well worth the investment especially when you enjoy the benefits of creatine, glutamine, and taurine.

GO RED SOX!!!!

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Increased Pump
  • Increased Focus
  • Transparent Label
  • Increased Recovery
  • Hydration
  • Improved Endurance
  • A Little Expensive

Hydra Focus is indeed the "All In One Intra Workout" product that will deliver the results you need to power through your workouts.

A special thanks to Mind and Muscle Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Also, I'd like to apologize for the tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with Hydra Focus. With intra-based workout supplements, the key features I look for is some added energy, pump, and endurance, and depending on the ingredients, maybe focus. Given the ingredient profile of Hydra Focus, I set the bar pretty high in terms of what I was expecting.

So does it deliver.....?

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends.

The profile begins with a serving of potassium at 170mg and vitamin B6 at 240mg.

Moving on to the main profile, we have a 2:1:1 ration dosage of BCAAs at 7,000mg, L-citrulline malate at 4,000mg, L-glutamine at 2,500mg, NALT at 1000mg, L-lysine at 1,000mg, L-theonine at 1,000mg, L-ornithine alpha ketoglutarate, choline bitartrate 500mg, L-histidine at 500mg, DL-methionine at 500mg, and DL phenylalanine at 500mg.

This is a great looking profile with plenty of well known ingredients. Overall with these ingredients, one could expect benefits in endurance, energy, pump, and focus.

I received the Blue Slush flavor and I liked it a lot. It reminded me of a blue raspberry ICEE drink, but without the sugar. I found the overall flavor to have the right amount of sweetness with just a little hint of tartness.

I mixed one scoop water and it mixed very well. I had no problems with undissolved sediment or clumps.

I took this as advised on the label. I mixed one scoop with about 18 oz of water and sipped it during my workout.

As an intra workout product, Hydra focus delivered top notch in every expected category.

I had a significantly better degree of focus even on the most intensive of training sessions. I had the classical, "honed in" mentality with some added aggression. I was able to concentrate more on completing my objectives in the gym in both volume and resistance oriented goals. I was also less distracted by miscellaneous random things that I would normally find annoying for distracting.

Overall endurance and fatigue were improved as I was able to [perform high volume ranges on several movements both compound and isolation. Plus, I had less soreness between sets and was able to bang out sets for quicker intervals with less rest in between. I was running, sprinting, and boxing for longer higher intensity intervals while maintaining frequent periods of reduced rest time in between.

I also got a good pump with hydra focus. Trained muscle groups felt fuller and more swole. Vascularity had a noticeable increase throughout my physique.

Finally, even though Hydra Focus is stim-free, it did help compliment and increase my energy levels throughout my workouts. This helped ensure I got everything accomplished without being burnt out at the end.

Hydra Focus is only available for 40 dollars directly from Mind And Muscle Nutrition's website. Seems like a bit of a high price tag, even for 30 servings. However, all things considered including the efficacy and the fact that you are getting a product that helps in several areas of intra workout training, I'd say this is still a pretty good value. As this becomes more available and as Mind and Muscle has sales and coupons available, the value will be much better. For the time being thought, i'd say it is worth the investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In closing, Hydra Focus truly lives up to the claim as the "All In One Intra Workout Formula". It helps to improve focus, pump, endurance, and energy in the gym to help ensure goals are met and you have higher potential of reaching new levels. Of course, it taste good too. Be sure to catch the product on sale for better deals.

GO RED SOX!!!!

Thanks to Nutrabolics for sending it out!
  May 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Profile
  • Immunity Enhancement
  • Good General Health Support

A Special Thanks To Nutrabolics for their participation here on SR.com. Today I discuss my experience with their multivitamin, Vitabolic. Multi-Vs, like protein, are another commonly included staple in many supplement regimens. Having them helps ensure we meed our recommended daily allotments of the essential vitamins and minerals. Of course, like our macros, getting what we need is best done through a proper diet with good wholesome food. Still, having a multivitamin for little diet insurance doesn't hurt.

The profile is very exten...

The profile is very extensive and would take me too long to detail all of the ingredients so instead, please refer to the included image for the profile breakdown.

The profile itself is fully disclosed.

It contains subsequent amounts of your daily recommended vitamins and minerals. In addition, it has some bonus additions in separate complexes.

The first complex is the Energy and Mood Enhancing Matrix consisting of rhodiola rosea, panax ginseng, green tea (50% caffeine), and L-theanine. Worth noting as just listed, the green tea provides some caffeine content so that is something to be wary of if you're monitoring stim intake.

The next complex is Adrenal Recharge and Stress Blocking Matrix consisting of ashwagandha and cordyceps mushrooms.

The final bonus complex is the Anti-Inflammatory and Immune Defense Matrix containing tumeric, devil's claw, cissus quadrangularis, garlic, and ginger.

Upon examination, this is a solid profile with plenty of well dosed ingredients and extras to support general health, immunity, energy, and stress management.

The directions call for 7 capsules to be taken with a meal. Seven caps is quite a large serving size. Nonetheless, I took all 7 caps with breakfast each morning.

Overall, while using Vitabolic I saw an increase in my natural energy levels and had a improved general sense of well-being and health.

Thanks mostly to the ingredients in the energy and mood complex, I had better levels of natural energy throughout the day. The mood elevating benefits were also apparent. I had some increase in focus and a better uplifted mood throughout the course of my run with Vitabolic. The ashwagandha and cordyceps also helped my energy and focus levels by helping me to better stave off stress even during stress inducing situations such as high paced tasks at my workplace.

I also had a better sense of general health and well-being. I never fell ill while on Vitabolic and some minor seasonal allergies that I sometimes get were non-existent. This helped significantly since I work with sick people all day, so it was reassuring to have my immune system supported with a little extra antioxidant help.

Lastly, the vitamins and minerals profile of Vitabolic allowed me to meet all of my micro requirements daily. I was meeting all of daily dosage quotas for most if not all of my essential vitamins and minerals when combined with my diet.

Vitabolic is a little expensive in comparison to other OTC Multivitamins. The cheapest I found it was 37.99. You get close to a full month's supply and the multivitamin itself is very effective and compliments your diet very well with the added extras. Still, 38 dollars is a bit much. Definitely not the worst value, but best to catch it on sales from the company or other vendor deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Vitabolic is an excellent multivitamin to include in your supplement regimen in order to help increase natural energy, support over general health, enhance the immune system, and elevate mood and focus. Just be sure to do some shopping for the best price and don't forget to keep your diet clean.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!

GO BRUINS!!!

Thanks to Health Is Wealth for sending it out!
  May 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Better Mood
  • Better Attentiveness
  • Sharper Mindset
  • Little Expensive

A special thanks to Health is Wealth for their participation here on Sr.com and an apology for the tardiness in this review. Today I discuss my experience with their nootropic BRAINMEND. Nootropics have been something that I've always found use for since I work in a field that requires keen concentration and sharper focus. I'm normally a well adapted person who doesn't get distracted easily. Though, every now and then, mental fatigue can cause my focus gears to get rusty. That's when a nootropic comes into play to keep the mind sharp and focused both in the gym and in life.

BRAINMEND contains a fully disclosed profile with no prop blends. For the sake of time, I will discuss the ingredients in regards to their action as a nootropic.

Vitamin B-12 at 250mcg: Important for the production of energy for RNA and DNA and can help slow age related cognitive decline.

Vitamin D3 at 25mcg: Plays a role in the support of cognitive functioning ad helps stimulate the growth of nerves and tissue in the brain.

Magnesium Malate at 75mcg: A form of magnesium attached to malic acid, important for nerve activity and cognitive support by inducing ATP production in brain tissue.

CQ10 100mg: Protects against free radical damage to brain tissue and improved mental sharpness.

PQQ at 20mg: Protects against oxidative damage and stimulates nerve factor growth.

Citicoline at 250mg: Increases energy in brain cells, and provides a source of choline to help stimulate and support overall cognitive function related to mental focus, memory, and concentration.

Ashwagandha KSM-66 at 200mg: A well known adaptogenic that helps support and protect cognitive function during times of stress and exhibits anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects towards brain tissue.

Bacopa Monnieri at 300mg: Supports cognition and memory and stimulates the protection of brain tissue protective factor such as neural antioxidants.

Lions Mane Mushroom at 200mg: Stimulates the production and action of nerve growth factor, helping to protect neurons from induced death and functional decline.

Reading this profile, one can say that in addition to supporting and increasing cognitive function, it helps to protect several structural and physiological aspects of your brain in general.

The directions advise for 2 capsules to be taken preferably with meals consumed early in the day when cognitive function effects can be more immediate. I took two caps each day with breakfast.

The benefits from BRAINMEND for me, like a majority of nootropics, were an increase of focus, energy, concentration, and general mental clarity.

On BRAINMEND, I had an improved, sharpened level of focus both in and out of the gym. I was performing all movements including rep ranges with higher concentration and a better "honed in" mindset. Outside, I was able to focus better on work related duties and studies relating to my further education without being easily distracted or disrupted.

I noticed some increase in my natural energy, but nothing stimulant like. Next day post workout fatigue and soreness felt a little reduced and I didn't have a lagging feeling from previous intensive training sessions.

Mood and mentality were clearer and most positive leveled. I had less bouts of irritability or feeling of being on edge even in stressful situations. I was calmer and more positively oriented with peers and colleagues.

I was less forgetting, which is a big time help when you're tasked with memorizing a boat load of values and concepts related to Nursing.

I was able to find BRAINMEND on amazon for as low as 37.99. In comparison to other equally effective nootropics I've used, which average a price of 50 dollars, that is a good value in my opinion. It is still pricey, but if you do want an effective nootropic that hits all marks, this is one of the cheaper products.

Like I always say, lookout for sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

BRAINMEND is a well dosed and highly effective nootropic that will aid in enhancing focus, memory, cognition, mood, and overall mentality. It will also help provide protection for the vital components of your brain. Just be sure to shop around for the best price.

GO BRUINS!!!

Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
  April 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Endurance Boost
  • Not A Good Taste

Rocket Fuel will get the job done and give you great energy, pump, and endurance. However, the price tag is a bit steep for a pre workout.

A special thanks to Flex Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their pre workout Rocket Fuel. I am no stranger to pre workouts and have used them on and off for years since the old days where the original pwo juggernauts were dominant. While those days have long passed, the market still has quite a few good ones to get the job done. I look primarily for energy, pump, focus, and endurance with pre workouts.

So let's see how Rocket Fuel stand out.

The profile is fully disclosed and is a bit simpler than most pre workouts I've used.

One scoop provides 5g of Citrulline Malate, 3g of Beta Alanine, 2g of Buffered BCAAs, 1.5g of Kre-Alkalyn (a buffered form of creatine), 1g of Tyrosine, and 325mg of Caffeine.

A simple, but solid well dosed profile. All of these ingredients we've seen more than enough times so I don't think I need to go over any. It was cool to see kre-alkalyn in a pre workout since I haven't seen or used kre-alkalyn in a pre workout. I personally think it is a more preferable form of creatine to take primarily pre workout since it has far less water retention and seems to work faster in my experience.

Fruit punch is currently the only flavor available. I personally was not a fan. It was over tart and had little fruitiness if any. It wasn't unbearable, but not overly likable either.

Provided you use enough water as directed, it mixes just fine.

Dosing is your standard pre workout protocol. Flex nutrition advises taking a scoop 30-45 before your workout. For me, I dosed it a little closer and took it 20 minutes before my workout. Note that I added additional beta alanine from Nutrabio totaling the beta alanine content to 5g.

I'm gonna use my typical categorical method that I use most often for pre workouts.

Energy (8/10): I was actually surprised by how good the energy was considering the more conservative profile. It wasn't any cracked out, speed high feeling, but the energy was strong, clean, long lasting, and no crash at the end. I had no problem punishing the iron each and every workout.

Focus (6/10): Apparently, L-tyrosine itself is not enough for me to have a significantly strong nootropic effect. Nonetheless, I did still have an okay improvement in focus. I had the typical increased mental clarity and higher concentration.

Pump (8.5/10): This was Rocket Fuel's biggest hit on the mark. The pump effect was incredible thanks mostly to the citrulline malate, kre-alkalyn, and D-ribose. Probably would've been killer with agmatine, during my high volume sets among other movements I had a significant swole feeling in all trained muscle groups and fuller muscle fiber feeling. Improved vascularity was noticeable mostly in my arms,, shoulders, quads, upper back, and chest.

Endurance (7/10): Along with the extra beta alanine and the other ingredients like the D-ribose and citrulline, I did have a notable reduction in my fatigue. I managed more reps with all sets and movements, both compound and isolation, and was able to recover between sets faster. Cardio and boxing sessions were also more intense.

The product is not widely available. A 33-serving tub will cost 49.49 from Flex's direct website. Honetsly, that's too pretty a penny in my opinion for a pre workout. It was highly effective, but I don't see it being worthy of a continuous investment at that price. If the price were to come down, then I would be more inclined to recommend it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Rocket Fuel is a great pre workout that will hit all the landmarks including great energy, improved endurance, some focus improvement, and awesome pump.

However, until the price tag comes down, I strongly recommend investing in the product sparingly.

GO BRUINS!!!

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  April 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Improves GI Regularity And Health
  • Digestive Enzymes And Antioxidants
  • Reduces GI Upset Symptoms
  • A Little Expensive

A special thanks to Redcon1 for their participation in the SR TROOPs. Today, I discuss my experience with their greens and gut health support supplement GI Juice. Keeping the internal plumbing and pipes clean and well maintained is vital for good general health and well being. Our gut system is involved in waste removal, fluid and electrolyte balance, metabolism of nutrients, and absorption of nutrients. Discrepancies with it can lead to pain, irregularity, fluid and electrolyte imbalances, and in severe cases, malnutrition. So keeping it healthy via a proper diets high in fiber and other nutrients as well as drinking adequate fluids and occasionally using supporting supplements is a good idea.

Each serving of GI juice provides a Green blend consisting of various fruit and roughage based ingredients tht provide nutrients to help support gut integrity and function. There is also an enzyme complex aimed at improving digestive functionality.

The Green blends is dosed at 11.25g containing Blueberry Fruit Powder, Black Raspberry Powder, Mulberry Leaf Powder, Pineapple Powder, Bilberry Leaf Powder, Papaya Juice Powder, Canu Canu, Luo Han Guo, Broccoli Powder, Carrot Powder, Purple Sweet Potato Powder, Kelp, Fructooligosaccharides, Chlorella, Papain, Bromelain, Pyrroloquinoline Quinone, and Acai Juice Powder.

The enzyme complex contains betaine HCL at 250 mg, amylase at 100 mg, protease at 100 mg, pepsin at 50 mg, papain at 50 mg , pancreatin at 50 mg, ox bile at 30 mg, lipase at 25 mg, bromelain at 10 mg, cellulase - 10 mg

Each serving also contains 5g of sugar, 28 calories, 2g of fiber, an 7g of carbs.

GI juice comes in pineapple banana flavor. A common complaint I have with most green supps is the earthy, dirt-like taste they will have. However, GI Juice raises the bar with this great tasting and refreshing pineapple banana flavor. It was the first time I actually looked forward to drinking a greens supplement.

It mixed well in water. I only used water since I did not want to add any unnecessary sugars from juices.

I took one serving of this mixed with water about 30 minutes before breakfast in the morning.

GI Juice helped very well with my regularity and gut's digestive functionality.

I was having more regular, frequent, large bowel movements with better feeling of relief afterwards. I did not have any residual flatulence nor any embarrassing gaseous episodes after bowel movements or large meal consumption. (Sorry for TMI)

I did not experience any stomach cramps, bloating, or general upset from large carb containing meals and had a better feeling of satiety.

I enzyme complex helped make stools more easily passable, despite some additional bulk from increased fiber intake.

Lastly, the additional antioxidants were a great boost to my immune system as I never fell ill while on the product and had some increased natural energy as well.

Overall, GI Juice kept my plumbing going strong and reduced any kind of GI problems that were possible from frequent eating and large macro intake.

The cheapest retail price I found was 34.99 on IPYUl.com. For 30 servings and for the high efficacy and great taste, the is a pretty good value. It would cheaper just to invest in some OTC probiotics if you were looking solely for GI support. However, GI Juice is also a greens and superfood supplement so that needs to be taken into consideration.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If your gut could use a little help keeping the plumbing well maintained and going strong while giving your immune system a boost as well, I would recommend GI juice. It will help you maintain regularity, reduce any kind of potential GI upset, and help fight off illness with the extra antioxidants. Be sure your diet is in proper order and you're drinking plenty of fluids for max benefits.

GO BRUIN!!!

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  April 27, 2018

• Gmp And Fda Inspected
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Amazing Value
  • High Quality
  • No Other Ingredients
  • Parasthesia

As always, a special thanks to Nutrabio for their continued support and participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their bulk Beta Alanine. Beta Alanine is best known for its endurance enhancing benefits. For me and athletes alike, endurance is important for maintaining proper conditioning and to keep the drive to pump the iron strong.

As you may have guessed, this has one ingredient:

Pure Beta Alanine at 2g per scoop.

I don't need to go in depth on what beta alanine is or does, but as a brief overview:

Beta A...

As you may have guessed, this has one ingredient:

Pure Beta Alanine at 2g per scoop.

Beta Alanine helps to increase endurance levels by increasing levels of intramuscular Carnosine. Carnosine exhibits strong anti-oxidant properties and has the ability to act as a buffering agent to lactic acid. The buffering of lactic acid results in a reduction in fatigue and higher overall muscular endurance. The effective dosage range is around 4-6g.

Per usual, no additional additives, fillers, colors, dyes, or any other unnecessary garbage added.

The powder itself is flavorless. I mixed it with a scoop of pre workout Rocket Fuel and it did not add any disticnt taste or aroma.

It mixed well when added to whatever preparation I used.

On training days, I mixed one scoop in with a serving of Rocket Fuel, totaling 5g of beta alanine combined with the beta alanine dosage in the Rocket Fuel. On non training days, I mixed two scoops (4g) with some aminos and consumed it sometime in the afternoon.

As I mentioned in some previous reviews regarding beta alanine's efficacy, I gauge on endurance and fatigue reduction.

The addition of Nutrabio beta alanine pre workout gave my endurance a significant boost. I was running and sprinting for faster more prolonged intervals and punching more furiously for longer rounds during boxing practice sessions.

During my weight training workouts, I was able to perform some extra reps on several heavy compound volume lifts. My deads, squats, bench, military press, and variations of all had longer rep ranges averaging about 3-5 extra reps. I also some increase in rep range on isolation movements such as lateral raising, curls, leg extensions, and skull crushers.

I was less fatigued between sets and post workout overall.

I was able to find Nutrabio Beta Alanine for as low as 31.99 on Amazon on other sites. For a tub that provides 180 servings of high quality, effective beta alanine, that is a fantastic value. Even at three scoops, it will still last at least two months.

Side Effects

Tingles, but that is expected

Conclusion

If you like beta alanine and need a boost in endurance, then Nutrabio's Beta Alanine is the best value for both quality and quantity. Be sure to be prepared for tingles and as always, keep diet and training in check.

GO BRUINS!!!

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
  April 21, 2018

• Better Carb Pump
  • Helps Prevent Fat Gain
  • Recomp Effect
  • 7 Pill Serving Size

A special thanks to Clippy and SR.com for providing Primalog as a TROOPs opportunity. Primalog belongs to a class of supps known as GDAs, or glucose disposal agents. These supplements are specially formulated to improve insulin response and enhance the shuttling of carbs and nutrients into muscle tissue, while reducing the absorption of carbs as fat. I've used a few GDAs to date including Slinshot, Glycolog, and the original Anabolic Pump. I use these products to help give me a significant carb pump, improve endurance, help with body composition, increase energy, and allow me to eat increased carbs and ensure they go into my muscle tissue and not be stored as fat.

The profile is fully disclosed with some well known ingredients.

Chromium at 300 mcg - An essential trace element that can boost overall metabolism of glucose and has a positive influence on insulin sensitivity.

Gymnema Sylvestre at 1g - This is an Asian herb that has been demonstrated to enhance insulin function and increase secretion. This results in better carb shuttling into the muscles and more favorable blood sugar levels.

Agmatine Sulfate at 750mg - Best known for its nitric oxide increasing properties but agmatine can also act as a nutrient partitioning ingredient by stimulating what are called the imidazoline receptors. Certain specific receptors of this class play a role in insulin regulation and response. By stimulating them, one can potentially enhance the uptake of glucose into skeletal muscle tissue.

Bitter Melon 4:1 Extract at 500mg - Bitter Melon contains contains compounds that are demonstrated to improve glucose uptake while exhibiting and anti-inflammatory effect on fat tissue. This can result in better carb utilization and higher fat loss potential.

Banaba Powder at 300mg - Contains a compound known as corosolic acid. Corosolic acid supposedly stimulates a gene known as GLUT4, which is a gene that plays a role in insulin regulation. Stimulation of GLUT4 can result in more efficient insulin activity and improved glucose uptake. Corosolic acid is said to also increase glycolysis, the metabolism of blood glucose.

Berberine HCL - 300mg - Berberine exhibits of host of benefits related to general good health. In the case of its inclusion into a GDA, berberine has been demonstrated to improve insulin sensitivity, especially in diabetics. The increased sensitivity results in more efficient glucose uptake into muscles.

Cyanidin-3-Glucoside at 250mg - Similar to Bitter Melon, this compound derived from certain dark colored fruits enhances glucose uptake by stimulating the activity of the GLUT4 gene. In addition, it also acts as an agonist to a class of receptors known as PPARs. These receptors play a role in insulin sensitivity and regulate the uptake of glucose into muscle tissue, resulting in higher energy and endurance levels.

Na-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid at 100mg - This fatty acid is a more bioavailable and soluble form of regular ALA. It helps to lower fasting glucose levels and stimulates mitochondrial activity in cells responsible for energy expenditure. It also possesses antioxidant properties.

Alpha Lipoic Acid at 100mg - This is traditional ALA. It has blood sugar lowering properties and antioxidant activity.

The directions instruct to take 7 pills 15-20 minutes before your pre workout meal on training days. On non-training days, you'll want to take it 15-20 minutes before your largest carb containing meal.

This is the exact protocol I used. On non-training days, the largest meal was my supper, which is usually the last meal of everyday for me.

I want to note that I did increase my carb intake while on this, but only of that of the meals Primalog was dosed in conjunction with. So, my pre workout meals and dinners on non-training days contained supplementary carbs.

Along with my pre workout meal, I experienced a very good carb pump and swole feel during my workouts. My vascularity was improved and the trained muscles felt fuller and more pumped with both high intensity and high volume sets.

My endurance was improved quite a bit. During HIIT and HV pyramid volume intervals, I was banging out more reps with heavier weight and had improved recovery between sets. Fatigue was reduced and post workout DOMS was lessened as well. On cardio days, I was running harder for longer intervals and boxing for longer more enduring rounds. I also saw an improved impact force with my punches.

Overall energy levels were higher and I was going into workouts with a more focused and aggressive mindset.

I liked how it prevented the occasional carb blat feeling I get after heavy meals. With Primalog, I felt little to no bloat even after heavy carb intake. This helped me to continue to lean out without the worry of possible fat gain.

Primalog is not cheap. The cheapest individual retail price I found on Amazon for 49.99. However, the best deal for value I found was on Illpumpyouup.com. Currently, the website is holding a BOGO deal where if you purchase a bottle for 64.95 (bad price on its own), you get a second free. Comparing the fact that purchasing two bottles from Amazon would cost 100 dollars (not including shipping), the deal on Illpumpyouup.com is clearly the winner.

The overall value for the efficacy in both cases is decent. Many GDAs today's market go for less or the same price. Of course, it would cheaper to just by some individual berberine hcl or other solo ingredient with similar effects, but full GDAs can be worth the investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While the high price tag and big serving size are not thrilling, Primalog is a great and effective GDA to try out. It'll help give energy, endurance, pump, and recovery all a significant boost, without having to worry about the consequential fat gain from excess carb intake. Just be sure you're training hard and eating the right type of carbs first and foremost.

GO BRUINS!!!

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
  April 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • Deep Sleep
  • All Natural
  • Affordable
  • Wake Up More Refreshed
  • Stay Asleep

A special thanks to Nature Restore for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their sleep aid product, Sleep Boost. Catching those much needed, well deserved Zzzz can be daunting with today's increasingly hectic lifestyles. Being that sleep is one of the most critical factors when it comes to recovery, and general health, ensuring that we get enough is important in keeping our bodies and minds functioning at their peak.

The profile of the formulation I received is a little different from what past reviewers had reviewed.
    ...

For starters, there are no prop. blends and this formulation is completely disclosed.

Magnesium glycinate at 200mg - A more readily absorbable and GI friendly form of magnesium. Magnesium is needed for a host of bodily biochemical processes and also plays a role in GH and IGF regulation during REM sleep.

L-Theanine at 50mg - Can improve sleep quality by exerting calming and anti-anxiety effects.

Melatonin at 3mg - A hormone that is naturally produced in your body to induce restfulness and sleep. Supplementing with it, can increase levels and therefore improve sleep quality.

5-HTP at 50mg - A precursor to serotonin that can have calming, mood elevating, and focus improvement properties. It can also promote relaxation and improve sleep.

Vitamin B6 at 5mg - A B-vitamin involved in several body functions including brain function, blood vessel production, and can support eye health. Works alongside magnesium during sleep cycles to regulate hormones and promote immune function.

Reishi Extract at 200mg - Can promote REM sleep induction and help promote deeper more restful sleep when combined with melatonin and other sleep promoting supplements. Has been demonstrated to be a potential treatment for insomnia.

Ziziphus jujuba fruit extract at 200mg - Research suggests that it can exert a sedative effect on the nervous system, inducing calming effects and aiding in rest.

Valeriana officinalis at 200mg - Proposed to have a sedative effect and also improve the effects of other sleep inducing aids such as melatonin and antidepressants.

Xylaria nigripes at 500mg - Also exerts a sedative effects and stimulates the GABA receptors in order to produce a feeling of calmness and relaxation, helping to promote rest.

The difference in this formulation includes the lesser quantity of melatonin, the inclusion of both 5-HTP and Vitamin B6, and a fully disclosed label. The only thing I would change would have the melatonin dosage higher than 3mg. I would prefer 6-10mg myself.

Take 3 capsules of this an hour prior to bedtime on an empty stomach. This is exactly how I took it.

While it didn't have a more pronounced knock out effect, sleep boost did help me achieve a deeper, more restful state of sleep.

I was sleeping significantly deeper and better. I had no bouts of restlessness or difficulties falling asleep or staying asleep. It allowed me to fall asleep quicker and remain asleep without being easily woken up or disturbed.

I was waking up more refreshed, less fatigued, more recuperated, and had higher levels of natural energy. All this helped to translate into ensuring that I continuously was able to go hard day after day in the gym.

You can get a bottle of Sleep Boost for as low as 14.95 on Amazon for a full 30 day's supply. Given the efficacy, quality, and the fact that it is all natural and non-habit forming, this seems like a great value for those needing some help with their sleep quality.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for some help getting those extra Zss more efficiently, Sleep Boost is a great and safe way to do just that. Sleep Boost will help you get to sleep faster, stay asleep longer, sleep deeper, and have you waking up more refreshed and ready to take on the day with more energy.

WARMACHINE OUT!!