WarMachine

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

Thanks to Aster Athletic for sending it out!

A special thanks to Aster Athletic for participating in the ER/TROOPs program. It's a rare, yet welcomed, oppurtunity to try out a lifting accessory for a change since these are something we can use throughout our lifting careeers as opposed to only when "it runs out". I myself am not a frequent accessory user. I've used wrist wraps in my eralier days, but haven't become a frequent user as opposed to lifting straps or knee sleeves. However, occassionally the wrists take a heavy strain from my routine lifts so grabbing a pair of these seemed like a good idea. I don't suffer from any chronic wrist issues, but have had some problems in the past that limited my activity with heavier loads.

Since this is an accessory, you'll notice I deleted the ingredient, taste, mixability, and dosing sections since they don't apply. I'll instead add my own section of design and usage.

---Design---

Anybody who has used wrist wraps before most likely knows how these would likely be designed. They are made out of a high grade elastic that wraps tightly around your and features a loop band that goes over your hand or thumb depending on your preference. They have the traditional Velcro secure seals to keep them in place.

As instructed with the included note in the package, you wrap these starting from the palm aspect of your hand and making sure it's good and snug so that the bulk of the material supports the entire wrist. They have an instructional video on their website put it's common since once become familiar with the design.

---Usage---

Wrist wraps are most often handy with push or isolation maneuvers that require efficient wrist stability such as the bench press, military press, skull crushers, and dips just to name a few.

I personally used these on those but also on push variations, floor presses, land mine presses, lateral raises, dumbbell curls, and Arnold presses. Just to note, when I say push variations I mean other forms of the exercises that would include different angles, different handles, or the use of barbells vs. dumbbells.

Needless to say, these babies got the gym done well. I had much better wrist stability on all the movements I used them on. They helped big time on heavy bench press power negative reps and the bench press and it's variations as well. The same can be said for all the exercises especially with overload sets.

I was able to perform isolation movements such as skull crushers and curls with better grip since sometimes during sets both high volume and high intensity, my wrists can sometimes feel like giving out prematurely due to exhaustion, costing me some reps. Aster's wrist wraps helped me bang out those extra reps more often.

To some it all up, they provided enhanced stability and support to my wrists on all lifts I used them on.

These are a bot on the pricey side compared to some other brands, but given the durable and high quality design, I can say with confidence that these will last a good while before succumbing to wear and tear. They go for 24.95 and are currently only available from Aster Athletic's website. Considering more high quality accessories, not just wrist wraps, will usually set you back a few more dollars, I think the value is very good.

Conclusion

If you need some extra support to help your wrists stay stable and healthy under those increasingly heavier loads, Aster Athletic's wrist wraps are a viable option worth considering. They are great quality and design and will get the job done provided you perform your lifts with proper form and safety.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Superb Wrist Support
  • Enhanced Wrist Stability
  • High Qaulity Design
  • Helps Lift More Efficiently Under Heavier Loads

To think I've been using these for almost two years and never reviewed them....

To think I've been using these for almost two years and never reviewed them....

I've been a regular user of Iron Bull's Tgrips for quite some time now. In the beginning, I've used and reviewed their 2.5 models and loved them. Not long after I was no longer challenged by those, I decided to max out and upgrade to 3.0. Anybody who has followed past logs of mine and has seen some workout vids I've posted has seen that I incorporate these products pretty much on any lift that I can. Indeed, these present a whole different challenge in their own right and really help to strengthen not only grip strength, but overall strength in general.

You'll see that I've excluded the ingredient profile, taste, mixability, and dosage sections since none of those apply to the review of an accessory. So instead I'll focus on how these are designed and how I specifically incorporated them.

Design

Anybody who has used other "bar thickening or grip enhancing" accessories like fat grips or global grips probably already understand the concept of the designs of these. Basically, you wrap them over the handle of whatever weight attachment apparatus you're using such as a dumbbell handle, barbell bar, cable crossover attachment, or fixed bar, to create a thicker more grip demanding apparatus. The result is a forcing of greater forearm recruitment, which in return results in greater recruitment of all arm muscles in unison. The result overtime is a stronger grip and arm strength which can carry over to other lifts that recruit maximum grip effort.

Usage

Beginners might assume you should only use these on lifts involving the arms. However, this is not a correct assumption. You can quite literally incorporate iron bull grips on any lift that involves grip involvement provided you are comfortable with it. I've used iron bull 3.0 on all variations of bench press (all angles and both dumbbell and barbell), cable crossover attachments such as the tricep rope extensions, bicep curls (dumbbell and barbell),
dumbbell lateral raises, overhead presses (dumbbell and barbell), fixed bar lifts such as skull crushers, pull ups, floor presses, rack pulls, shoulder shrugs, and all variations of dead lifts. I can say, it is with the dead lifts where you truly get the respect for these.

It's important to note that when you first start using these, you'll notice that you won't be able to lift your usually maximum levels with a majority of your lifts, which can be discouraging and lead you to discontinue or limit your use of the iron bull grips. Nonetheless, take it from me, don't be discouraged and continue using them. It's a matter of getting the fell for and adjusting your workouts to accommodate them. Realize you aren't training less, you're training under a whole different new type of resistance concept. Trust me, these will benefit you in the long run provided you make the necessary adjustments and keep using them properly.

Without a doubt, my overall grip strength has improved dramatically. My forearms and arms in general are much stronger and plenty more vascular. The enhanced grip strength has carried over to several lifts as I notice I am able to lift more weight with the standard handle widths thanks to the enhanced arm and forearm muscle strength involvement.

I noticed more grip stability on several push press maneuvers, particularly with dumbbells, and my isolation movements were more fluid and has improved range of motion. I would say, the dead lifts are where I improved the most. My maximums didn't dramatically shoot up, but the improved grip strength allowed me to heighten my raw lift maxes, which overtime led to me eventually putting up some more weight with straps.

My strength on my isolation movements such as bicep curls and lateral raises gradually increased and today I am putting up some heavier dumbbells on a majority of my lifts.

They've reconfigured the designs a little bit in terms of logos and material, but they're are still essentially the same as the original models. Also, they've renamed them alpha grips, but again, same thing as what I am reviewing. The 3.0 model currently goes for 40 dollars with free shipping. Seems a little high, but understand that unlike a supplement which eventually runs out, making you invest in the price again and again, this is a one time only investment and well worth it too. The strength enhancement and improvement in so many of your lifts is well worth this one time only payment. So go ahead and throw down the cash.

Conclusion

If you want an effective way to increase overall strength in both grip and arm muscular potential, then grab a pair of these, find something heavy, thicken that handle, and pick the MF'er up. Just be sure to take my advice and make the necessary adjustments to your workout routine and movements. Remember not to get unmotivated by the lack of initial heavy lifting and gradually increase the lifts with the grips as you would on any other lifts. Do that, and you'll see some significant improvements on many if not all of your standard raw lifts.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stronger Grip
  • Improved Arm And Forearm Strength And Vascularity
  • Increased Strength Overall
  • Takes Getting Used Too
  • Requires Initial Workout Routine Adjustments

A special thanks to Vaxxen Labs for including a tub of their whey protein as a generous bonus to my TROOPs order of their Fulcrum. Most of us from time to time would receive a couple of extra "goods" from our TROOPS orders in addition to the product claimed. Most of the time it could be samples of other products from the company's line, a t-shirt, or a shaker bottle. However, when you include a full container of another product, let alone protein, it's only right to post a review for it even if not under requirement.

Wheyxx is Vaxxen labs own introduction to the ...

Wheyxx is Vaxxen labs own introduction to the market of so many protein products currently available. As most others, I'll generally use a whey protein product as a way to ensure I meet all protein requirements throughout the day. As for effectiveness, I gauge on how this product benefited me in the recovery department and quality of supplementation.

Each scoop provides 125 calories , 2 g sugar, 3 g of carbs, 1.5 g of fat, and 24g of protein consisting of both concentrate and isolate sources. A simple and straightforward profile for a simple product. As noted on their website there is the inclusion of digestive enzymes and it's worth noting the use of sucralose, natural, and artificial flavors. I personally not a fan of either artificial flavors nor sweeteners, but no sense of knocking the product for this since plenty of other products do the same.

I received blueberry muffin and damn was it tasty. It had all the goodness of a typical freshly baked muffin and it tasted smooth, rich, and creamy in whatever you mixed it with. I used it in water, milk, chocolate milk, and almond milk. I'd say the chocolate milk concoction wins, but again they all tasted great. This also comes in birthday cake flavor and I can imagine it's just as good.

Mixability was good and it mixed well in whatever I used.

Like most protein products, the dosing depends on the user's protein needs. I used 1-2 servings on a daily basis. I preferred two servings on training days, one in the morning and one sometime post workout. On non-training days, one serving usually in the morning sufficed.

A great quality protein overall and did the job well in what I expected out of a protein product. Some users have complained that certain protein products, particularly whey concentrate based ones, have given them some GI issues like bloating, gas, etc. I saw none of this and it agrred with my GI system just fine.

The extra protein supplementation helped with my recovery and I had less DOMS throughout the day and in general. I was able to hit my workouts consistently without any significant soreness pre or post workout more often.

It was a great and tasty way to help meet my macro needs and the taste helped keep those cheat day cravings to a minimum. I also enjoyed how it didn't add any high amounts of additional fats, carbs, sugars, or calories to my daily intake, making the effort of keeping out the unnecessary bad stuff easier.

Overall, a solid protein that gets the job done.

A 2 lbs tub will set you back 36.99 from both their website and amazon. A little on the high side for me, but given how much I enjoyed it, the value is not a deal breaker. Plus, it's about the same price as your average protein product on today's market. Just be sure you're not relying solely on this protduct for protein intake and using too frequently.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Vaxxen's generous gift to me was definitely well received. Wheyxx is a great quality, delicious tasting way to help meet those macro needs. As I always say, jut be sure the brunt of your needs come from wholesome food. Also, I recommend mixing this with chocolate milk.

• Unique Flavors
  • Can Be Mixed With A Spoon
  • Good Profile
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Slightly Expensive

Thanks to Vaxxen Labs for sending it out!

A special thanks to Vaxxen labs for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their pre-workout Fulcrum. I was drawn to fulcrum due to its attractive profile of stims, focus enhancers, and nitric oxide boosters. In other words, it seemed like one of those potentially all-in-one kind of products, which for me is a rarity among pre-workouts these days because of the shortcuts companies would sometimes opt to take. With all the pre-workouts I've tried throughout the years I had a solid idea what I wanted from fulcrum.

----Ingredient Pr...

No prop blends or artificial dyes equates instant big points from me.

The fully disclosed profile consists of vitamins B6 and B12, L-citrulline malate, beta alanine, agmatine sulfate, red spinach extract (Oxystorm), N-acetyl-L-Tyrosine, caffeine anhydrous, 2-aminoisoheptane, alpha gpc, theobromine, halostachine, and huperzine serrata.

Plenty of good stuff for all you need in a pre workout including energy stims, focus and cognition enhancement, and pump inducers. While most of the ingredients are familiar, there were some I had to look up. Halostachine for example is a stimulant believed to have properties and effects similar to ephedrine, though there is a lack of evidence based research and it is deemed less potent but safer than ephedrine itself. Red spinach extract or Oxystorm as it is trademark named, is a nitrate containing substance said to have nitric oxide boosting properties similar to that of red beet juice, but has been regarded to be potentially more potent.

So other than those particular ingredients, the profile is quite attractive and complete in terms of dosages. Refer to the included image of the profile for a breakdown of the exact dosages of the ingredients.

The only flavor available is bombsicle. I personally wasn't a fan of it. Despite no artificial dyes, it still had a distinct chemical aroma taste which also carried over to an unpleasant aftertaste. I couldn't really "taste" any discreet flavoring associated with what bombsicle was intended to be.

The mixability was good as it mixed thoroughly in water with a little occasional sentiment, but nothing significant.

You would generally dose this as you would any other pre workout. I took one scoop about 20 minutes before hitting my workouts.

As I said in the intro, this seemed like an all-in-one type of product so I am going to use the category system to rate this product.

Energy (9/10): The energy was a vintage stim junkie's dream high. Solid, strong, clean, consistent energy throughout my workouts every day described the energy influence I experienced form fulcrum. Definite hit in this category.

Pump (8/10): Red spinach extract may in fact hold water in the pump department. Combined with agmatine, l-citrulline, and theobromine, fulcrum punches a one-way ticket to pump city. I had some real good vascularity everywhere and the pump swole feel was intense especially during high volume sets with squats and deads.

Focus (8/10): I was surprised by how good the focus was with fulcrum. The tunnel vision and focused mindset benefits were similar to that I would get from an OTC nootropic. I was never distracted and was able to complete all objectified workout goals with sharper focus and targeted mindset to eliminate distractions and ensure completion.

Endurance (7/10): Well...most pre workouts would give me a little endurance boost from time to time, but with fulcrum I did notice my endurance was somewhat better. My HIIT cardio and boxing sessions were less fatiguing and I was able to maintain immediate bursts of high speed movement for longer periods.

In summary, fulcrum hit all the major areas with authority. Definitely one of the better pre-workouts I've used to date that has done so.

The standard and only price I was able to find for fulcrum was 39.99. You get 25 servings in one tub which may or may not last you a month depending on how often you train. I train 5-6 days a week so for me, the product would last almost a month. Considering the efficacy of fulcrum and the fact that 39.99 is about the average price for most pwo products these days, this is not a bad value. Vaxxen I believe offers coupon deals on their website for purchases so I'd be vigilant to capitalize on those should you choose to try fulcrum.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles, but who cares?....

Conclusion

Fulcrum will no doubt go in my books as a new favorite for me in the pre-workout department. Intense energy, solid focus, and swole pumps are what you can expect from this great product. My only complaint, I would like vaxxen labs to improve the flavor and expand flavor options. Also, as I always say, make sure your diet and training are in check since there is no substitute for that.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Razor Focus
  • Improved Endurance
  • Tunnel Vision

Thanks to ProlifeStream for sending it out!

A special thanks to ProLifeStream for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their health and well-being support system supplement conveniently known as ProLifeStream (PLS). PLS is essentially a combination system of several well-known ingredients that have their own health benefits that range from categories such as immunity support, gut health, energy level support, etc. It also aids in detoxification with its all natural ingredients and probiotics. In short, it's an all in one way to help hit several areas in maintaining your body's highest state of well-being and optimal health.

As I mentioned, PLS is a system and this system is divided into two packages components of the included ingredients.

The first packet is the main packet and contains protein, a mixture of vitamins and minerals, a prop blend of several other added ingredients, and a digestive enzyme complex. The protein is dosed at 20 g and comes in the form of pea protein concentrate. Being that this is a health support product, it makes sense to include a plant based protein. The vitamins and minerals are bit under-dosed but that isn't surprising considering that most of these nutrients should come from your diet considering that this is not a primary multi-v supplement. Next we have a 6.15 g prop blend which contains a medley of ingredients primarily for their own benefits to health. Getting aside the prop blend monotony, the ingredients included help in detox, immunity support, digestive function and hormonal balance. Finally, we have a 72 mg inclusion of a digestive enzyme blend containing protease, lipase, lactase, cellulase, and amylase. Plenty of good stuff, just don't like prop blends.

The second packet comes in a singlet containing an 86.25 mg blend of a 15 billion CFU concentration culture of various probiotics. There of also 2 g of arabinogalactan. I had no idea what that was until I looked t up. It is a polysaccharide observed to have immune-enhancing properties and is said to possibly aid in other conditions such as cancer and viral infections.

Refer to the included images for a thorough visual breakdown of the profiles.

The main packet, or protein containing packet, is vanilla flavored and it appears to be the only flavor as of now. I found it okay, but nothing I would say delicious. I guess maybe pea protein alone is not very tasty vanilla flavored. In any case, it wasn't horrible and perfectly drinkable.

The mixability was good despite occasionally getting some small undissolved clumps which is easily remedied with the use of a blender or simply a little extra liquid.

As for preparation, I was instructed by the rep that in order to prepare it efficiently, combine the contents of the main packet and probiotic packet with the desired amount of liquid and mix thoroughly. Then, you'll want to allow it to sit undisturbed for at least a minute. I'm guessing this allows the probiotics to activate in unison with the other ingredients. Nonetheless, I followed these directions and took one serving every morning usually one hour after breakfast.

Since this product is intended to provide an array of benefits I'll discuss individually where I saw results most significantly.

The product's most profound benefit for me was the gut health support. I was having more frequent, fuller bowel movements and I felt less bloated and gassy overall. The more frequent bowel movements helped to get the detox influence into high gear. I felt less bogged down and sluggish even on days where I was lacking sleep.

As for immunity, I never fell ill while on the product and I noticed a couple of acne blemishes that I had seem to disappear more rapidly. Plus, I felt overall healthier and my seasonal allergies weren't as bad.

Thanks to the protein, PLS also had some benefit to my muscle recovery. The DOMS was less the next day and I felt more capable in my following workouts.

My natural energy levels were also heightened as I was less lethargic the proceeding days even after heavy workouts. Even without any stims, I still felt a better level of natural overall energy.

Now here is where PLS is gonna lose some major points. The only place you can purchase this system is through PLS's own website. A two-week (yes week) supply will set you back 99.97 or a hundred bucks. A month supply will cost you 189.75. Finally, an 8-week supply will have you throwing down 359.86. As effective as the product is, these prices ae a deal breaker for me. It is far too expensive an investment for the average man's budget. PLS does offer a subscriber discount, though I am unsure how they would apply that. In all, the price needs adjustment if you wish to become a regular user of this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

ProLifeStream health system works great in several areas that are optimal to your health and well-being. It helps rid your body of toxins, promote immunity, and heightens your natural energy. Unfortunately, when your health benefits, your bank account will suffer with this product. PLS is a great way to promote your highest level of well-being, but the price needs some serious adjustment.

GO RED SOX!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immunity Enhancement
  • Gut Health Support
  • Detoxification Effects
  • Far Too Expensive

Thanks to Propello Life for sending it out!

Another special thanks to Propello Life for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their vegan protein. Took me a little longer to finish this product mainly because since I only had 15 servings to work with, I wanted to include it a bit more sparingly to help it last. Nonetheless, we've all sought more natural and organic products at times for the sake of our health. Whether or not you're are a vegan or whatever your dietary practices may consist of, using a product with natural organic ingredients from time to time or as often as you can, is always a good way to give your health a helping hand. I am not a regular user of vegan based proteins, but I have used them in the past at times when i can get them on sale and I do in fact notice that many of them can have their benefits.

Propello's vegan protein consists of four plant based protein sources. They include pea, hemp, chia, and sacha ichi proteins. All of these proteins havbe their unique characteristics in terms of their nutrition.

Pea protein has a good overall complete amino acid profile and is particularly rich in lysine and arginine, which are two amino acids that are advantageous to active lifestyles. Pea protein also has a high iron content for proper hemoglobin formation.

Hemp protein is high in fiber, has good digestibility, immunity enhancing properties, and also has a favorable amino acid profile. it is also believed to have kidney protective properties. (no it won't get you high)

Chia protein has a high nutritional content, particularity rich in omega-3, iron, antioxidants, fiber and calcium.

Sacha Ichi protein is also nutrient rich in that contains omega-3-6-9 fatty acids, vitamins A and E, and fiber. It is highly digestible and has a more complete amino acid profile as well.

So you can clearly see that these particular plant based proteins are definitely health promoting.

Each serving provides 16 g of protein, 5 g of fiber, 8.5 g of carbs, 2 g of sugar, and clocks 110 calories. There is also the addition of CLA oil and the use of stevia as a sweetener. This is a real good protein choice for those who may be dieting given the carb and sugar quantity and the digestibility of the proteins themselves.

I received the spiced vanilla and liked it a lot. I mixed it in water and almond milk whenever I prepared it. It tastes great in water, but was delish in almond milk. I also tried it in coconut milk once and it was pretty good as well, though almond milk was more preferable to me.

The mixing was on par and I wasn't left with any undissolved clumps with any liquid.

Most often I took this in the morning by mixing one scoop with either water or almond milk. I didn't take it everyday, but when I did, it was in the morning about 15 minutes before breakfast.

I'm gonna base my effectiveness rating as I usually do with most protein products I review, while adding how I experienced any additional beenfits given the plant proteins qualities.

The one thing I liked about this protein was the digestibility. I never had any problems with bloating or gas that I may sometimes get from whey, and it actually helped me stay more regular thanks in part to the extra fiber.

In terms of my use for it in muscle in recovery, adding it to my routine greatly helped get in my additional protein requirements as a protein product should. The quality of the proteins was a superb natural way to get in my protein while benefiting my health at the same time. My recovery was also better and the morning DOMS or slight lethargy were significant reduced. Hemp protein is said to have anti-fatigue properties, so I think this played a major part in that.

As for the direct health benefits, I got over a mild illness I had a couple of weeks back seemingly quicker while using this product. Therefore, the immunity enhancing benefits of the proteins seems legit. I noticed a little bit more endurance with this protein so pea protein's extra iron is seemingly beneficial as well for those extra blood cells.

In all, I benefits in several areas with vegan protein.

Now this is where the product is gonna lose points. With quality and extra benefits comes a bit of a hefty price tag. Each tub contains 15 servings which is not much if you use this regularly. The price for a tub is 39.99 from their website. I wasn't able to find any other prices. This is not the best value at only 15 servings. If you were to receive a full month's supply at that price, than the value would be much improved.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While this protein is of high quality with plenty of additional health benefits, the price of the product can prove to be a deal breaker. If you are someone who prefers a more organic, natural product it is worth an occasional investment but can prove pricey on the long run. Still, Propello vegan protein is an overall great, all-natural product that delivers in several areas. Just needs to be cheaper or have a bigger container.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vegan
  • NON-GMO
  • Fantastic Taste
  • Digestibility
  • Immune Enhancing Benefits

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

A special thanks to Nature Restore for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their supplement Reishi extract. Like many species of mushroom fungi, Reishi has been the subject to several studies with claims of plenty of studies. I myself have little experience with mushroom derived supplements, so this was a product that I figured would be an interesting try.

Each capsule contains 500 mg of Reishi mushroom extract with a concentration of 30% polysaccharide.

Various tests, though many of them animal based, have ...

Various tests, though many of them animal based, have shown that Reishi may have benefits including liver and kidney function improvements, hormonal balance support, may fight diabetes related complications, relieve allergies and asthma related symptoms, immunity enhancement, and have anti-cancer and anti-hypertensive properties.

Well damn.....that's a lot of magic. But again, many of these studies have been done with animals. Few limited studies have been human based and as smashley noted in his review, results are mixed and may not necessarily be conclusive.

Still, with all these claimed benefits, surely Reishi must hold promise to some extent.

Skipping right to dosing since these are caps, I took one cap each day as directed usually with my last meal, but did take the capsule with other meals at times. Didn't seem to make a difference.

Once again, I've found myself in a dilemma in terms of, "How do I know this is working?". As I mentions in other reviews with things like multivitamins or herbal supplements, it mostly depends on how you feel on it in relation to what it may be claimed to do.

The main thing I noticed while supplementing with Reishi was the fact that, similar with the pomegranate extract, I never fell ill while on it after getting over a mild illness I was battling beforehand. So, we can safely assume that there is immunity enhancement properties that hold water with this product.

Next, I do in fact suffer from occasional seasonal allergies. I did see a small reduction in my allergy related symptoms (i.e sneezing, nasal congestion), but I wouldn't say it's a substitute for benadryl. Regardless, I could accredit the touted allergy reduction claims to an extent with Reishi given this what I experienced.

Thankfully, I'm not diabetic, have asthma, or suffer from hypertension so I can't discuss these benefits.

As for liver and kidney function, I was urinating a bit more frequently and immunity does have a strong correlation with liver function so, I'll give some credit to this area of benefits as well.

You can purchase a 90 day supply from Amazon. If you seem to respond to Reishi in a positive manner and feel you could benefit from regular supplementation from it, I'd say this is a great value for a supply that can last three months.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like I just said, if you're a believer in Reishi's benefits and feel like your health benefits form it, give Nature Restore's product a try. As I've advised before, make sure your primary nutrients come from your diet.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Boosts Immunity

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

Yet another special thanks to Nature Restore. This time around, I discuss my experience with their pomegranate extract supplement. I've always enjoyed pomegranate as one of my food staples when it comes to my fruit preferences for its taste and health benefits. Though, the hassle of cutting open the fruit and fishing out those tiny seeds and getting everything around you stained red can be daunting. So, this would be one of those times to reach for a capsule form. It may not be as enjoyable taste wise, but is saves a lot of trouble wouldn't you say?

----Ingredi...

Each capsule contains 500 mg of pomegranate extract with a concentration of 40% elligac acid, which is one of the main derivatives responsible for much of pomegranate's benefits.

Pomegranate itself is high in vitamins A, C, E as well as folic acid and potassium. it has been suggested to have anti-viral, anti-oxidant, and anti-tumor properties.

Some studies have also suggested that pomegranate may also have testosterone boosting, anti-estrogenic, pro-erectile and cortisol lowering properties as well. However, these studies were mostly animal based and haven't been documented in humans, or at least I've found no such human trial studies myself.

Seaver did a bit of a breakdown in relation to pomegranate's benefits about immunity benefits and free radical scavenging. Ellgaic acid itself is a potent scavenger and free radical neutralizer.

No taste or mixability to talk of since these are capsules.

It is directed to take one capsule a day with a meal. I took one capsule each day with my last meal, pretty straightforward.

Truthfully, it is a bit difficult to really analyze the efficacy of this product unless you know what to expect from including pomegranate in your diet. As I said in the Intro, pomegranate is something I consume not everyday, but often enough to know how it helps me.

The most noticeable benefit for me is the immunity enhancement benefits. While using Nature Restore's Pomegranate extract I actually got over a mild illness I had somewhat faster and during my usage there after, I never fell ill. Furthermore, I felt overall healthier and more naturally energetic.

As for the pother benefits, well, that's real difficult to analyze without blood work pertaining to how pomegranate may or may not positively benefit hormonal levels since I mentioned it can have positive effects on test, estrogen, and cortisol. I will say, I felt less stressed while using this so perhaps it did lower cortisol to an extent. Also, I did have a slightly higher libido at times so......test boosting effect? Hard to say, but nonetheless, the immunity enhancement benefits are definitely there.

A 90 day supply goes for 15 dollars on Nature Restore's website. I think that's a great value considering such a high quantitiy of product at that price especially if you like the benefits of pomegranate without the trouble of preparing the fruit.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Pretty simple, if you like the health benefits of pomegranate but want a more convenient way to get them, consider adding Nature Restore's pomegranate extract to your regimen. Be sure you're getting all your other essential nutrients through your diet.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Kills Those Mean Free Radical Guys
    • No Bad Side Effects
    • No Taste
    • Immunity Enhancement

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!

A special thanks to RSP Nutrition for their continued support for the SR.com community and the ER/TROOPs. Today, I discuss their BCAAs product Regen BCAAs. After my lackluster experience with Amino Lean, I figured RSP deserved a chance at redemption, so I decided to try a straight up standard amino product. BCAAs the one supplement product that I have enjoyed using many times in all areas of my training including pre, intra, and post workout. For good reason, BCAAs are highly versatile and can help in nearly all aspect of fitness regardless of your goals.

So how d...

So how does Regen BCAAs stand up?

No prop blends this time....Hooray!!!

The beginning of the profile starts with you standard 2:1:1 ratio of all three BCAAs including 3,000 mg of Leucin, 1.500 mg of Iso-Leucine, and 1.500 mg of Valine. In total, this give you 6 grams of BCAAs.

Following that is a full gram serving of L-citrulline malate, 250 mg of raw coconut water concentrate for hydration support, and 5 mg of bioperine.

A straight up and simple profile that looks efficient. Although, I personally would prefer more L-citrulline and perhaps a slightly higher amount of the BCAAs.

I received the pomegranate flavor and I found it satisfactory and decently sweet. The flavor was a bit strong at times but a little extra water did the trick. I usually mixed it in conjunction with a sports drink, but added a little extra water for better mixability.

I had no significant problems with mixability provided I used an adequate amount of fluid. I did have occasional tiny bits, but nothing to complain too much about.

Since the tub I received had 50 servings I decided to use the multiple dosing protocol. I used one scoop during my workouts and an additional scoop post workout.

While using the product intra-workout I noticed I had less of a lactic acid "burn" and overall less fatigue. I was able to recovery somewhat faster between sets, which was particularly noticeable during my high volume, "time under tension" sets with heavy compound movements. The coconut water extract was especially useful considering I was sweating much more as a result of the increased exertion and reduced rest time.

Post workout, I did see an improvement in recovery in the form of mostly less post workout soreness and next day DOMS. Like most BCAAs, the next day soreness and slight lethargy I sometimes get as my body is still beaten up from my workout, were reduced by a good amount and I felt more capable and ready to hit the next workouts as they followed.

The cheapest price I've found is about 22 dollars on RSP's own website and this is for a 50 serving tub. I think that this is a great value for a pretty good BCAAs product at a quantity that will last you a month even at multiple servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

RSP definitely redeemed themselves with this product and at the current price I would recommend avid BCAAs users to give this product a try. I would advise that it's best to use either intra or post workout since it is stimulant free, but a pre workout dosage may also help. Be sure to do some experimenting with the dosage protocol.

• Improves Recovery
      • Hydration

Thanks to Propello Life for sending it out!

A special thanks to Propello Life for their participation here on Sr.com. Today, I discuss their pre-workout product. Propello Life prides themselves in using all natural ingredients and keep out all the stuff we don't like to see like artifical flavors, prop. blends, etc. Their pre workout is formulated in a more conservative manner with a more simple profile of well known ingredients, without all the extra unnecssary addtivies. As I always say with supplements, less can be more in some instances and more is not always necessarily better.

So, how does Propello st...

So, how does Propello stack up to the PWO line?

As I just mentioned the profile is a simple one with only basic, well known ingredients commonly seen in today's popular pre workouts. The profile is also fully disclosed with no prop blends.

The prfoile includes 5 g of creatine monohydrate, 3 g of L-citrulline malate, 2.5 g of betaine anhydrous, 1.6 g of beta alanine, and 100 mg of natural caffeine anhydrous.

The only things I would like is perhaps a little more beta alanine and L-citrulline malate, but other than that, a good overall simple profile.

I recieved the west coast citrus flavor. It wasn't bad, but not really my favorite tasting of all the pwo products I've used. It was a little strong with an occassional tangy aftertaste that I wasn't a fan of. Still, not horrible or intolerable in any way.

The mixability was fine and I didn't have any problems with any undissolved grit or clumps.

The first week, I started by using only one scoop. I didn't get a lot from one scoop and after assessing my tolerance and ensuring no adverse effects, I bumped it to two scoop. Two scoops was my regular dosage protocol up until the completion of the container.

At the two scoop dosage protocol I used I will say that taking everything into account, Propello's pre workout got the job done for the most part, but some improvement can be done.

The energy I got was clean and consistent, though it wasn't as a strong a surge of energy as I would've preferred. It was more like a step above what I would get from a large cup of coffee, but longer lasting.

I saw some improvement in my endurance thanks mostly to the beta alanine an citrulline malate, but nothing significant. I was able to crank out a few more reps with some heavier weight on a few select movements and was able to maintain HIIT cardio intervals for slightly longer times.

I did not see much in the area of pumps an focus. I understand the ingredients are primarily aimed at that, but I figured even a slight improvement in these areas could be seen, but unfortunately, nothing except perhaps a slight pump on a few high volume sets was noticed.

This is where Propello pre workout loses some points. The cheapest I could find this product was roughly 38 dollars on amazon. The container comes with a full 30 servings which, provided you only use one scoop, will last the whole month. However, the value drops significantly if you find you need two scoops such as I did. This would mean that the container will last about two weeks depending how often you train, but clearly it would last for a much shorter duration. In other words, the value here is heavily dependent on how many scoops you require for desired affect.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In closing, while an all natural formula is appealing to those who aren't fond of artificial additives and prop blends, Propello pre workout could use improvement. I would like to see slightly higher dosages in the main ingredients and perhaps adding some pump and focus inducing ingredients like agmatine and huperzine A. Propello's pre workout is definitely worth a try, but I would definitely like to see these improvements as it would make the product much more attractive.

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Some Endurance Improvement
        • All-Natural
        • No Prop Blends Or Artificial Additives
        • Expensive At Multiple Scoops