WarMachine

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  October 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Feeling Of Well-Being
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Potential Increase In Testosterone Levels
  • Libido Boost
  • Slight Pump
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Underdosing To Ingredients

A special thanks to Lab Tech Nutraceuticals for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their testosterone booster, T-Fuel Prime. Testosterone is king when it comes to making us men feel like men. It is responsible for healthy libido, muscle anabolism, as well as a host of other functions in the body. Of course, women obviously have testosterone as well, but for us guys, test levels are more of a concern, especially as we age. Therefore, keeping levels to a healthy optimum is important to keep the alpha gears driving smoothe. While they are in no way a substitute for pharmaceutical grade testosterone replacement therapy, natural testosterone boosters can help give natural test levels a good boost to help support test's overall functions and benefits. I used T-fuel Prime as part of my pct following my cycle with Muscle1's products, so I believed it would be an ideal time to give this product a go.

T-Fuel Prime has a fully disclosed profile detailing all the ingredients and dosages.

In all, a 2-cap serving provides tribulus terrestris at 1,425mg, bulbine natalensis at 150mg, epimedium (horny goat weed) at 150mg, shilajit at 100mg, fadogia aggrestis at 75mg, trans resveratrol at 75mg, ovine placenta at 60mg, DIM at 30mg, and piperine at 25mg. It's important to note that the daily serving for T-Fuel Prime is instructed at 4 caps a day. Therefore, a daily serving would provide double the dosage of all these ingredients. The label simply discloses the dosages for a 2-cap serving.

The only ingredient that I had to do some research on was ovine placenta. Also known as sheep placenta, it is said to contain an abundance of nutrients that can help regulate hormones, strengthen immunity, and speed up cellular repair. The oral dosage I was not able to find information on.

Aside of that ingredient, the rest of the ingredients are well known for their t-boosting properties, cortisol inhibition, and blocking estrogen. Only problem, there is under dosing in some of the ingredients. Anybody who has used Omega Sports T-force will see immediately that the fadogia is probably the most under dosed. The target dosage for fadogia is said to 18mg/kg. So someone like me would need about 1,988mg, but T-Fuel provides only a scant 75mg per 2 caps. The other ingredients are not terribly under dosed but could be dosed somewhat higher.

You are instructed to take 1-2 servings a day, with 4 caps being the max and usually the target dose for most users. I simply chose to take all 4 caps in the morning with breakfast. I did do a spread dosage a couple days to see if it would make a difference, but it did not. Therefore, the full 4 caps in the morning was the most convenient.

As part of my pct, T-Fuel Prime made a very good addition in helping get my testosterone gears back in working order.

My libido was constantly high and strong. I was having frequent, sometimes overly frequent, erections and had a drive that was always craving for more. Aggression, which thankfully limited itself to the gym, was also elevated and I was pounding out workouts with more focus and "alpha" feeling. Strength and mass gained from my cycle was sustained and slightly furthered, but not by a significant amount.

Thanks mostly to the horny goat weed, I also had a little more vascularity and a bit more pump. I had a more positive mood and mindset as well. I also maintained my leanness, thanks mostly I would presume to the shilajit, DIM, and trans resveratrol for their inhibition effect on estrogen and cortisol.

Overall, T-Fuel Prime, while not an alternative for a SERM when it comes to pct, made a great and effective addition to getting ym testosterone levels back in check and maintained to help the gains from Muslce1's products remain strong and consistent.

This is where the product loses some credits. The cheapest I found T-Fuel Prime was 48 dollars on amazon. You do get a 30 day supply, but the issue is how it seems priced more expensive than other equally effective T-boosters I've tried in the past that are about 7-10 dollars cheaper. It is still effective though, so the value is definitely not the worst, but I would recommend doing some prior shopping for better prices should sales arise.

Side Effects

A little acne but that is expected from T-boosters.....nothing severe and it cleared up quickly

Conclusion

While it does tout a high price tag, overall, T-fuel Prime got the job done. Whether as part of pct or a natty cycle, it will help boost libido, aggression, give you some vascularity and pump, and help maintain and strengthen muscle mass and strength. The price just needs some tweaking and an increase in the dosage quantities of the ingredients would be nice.

GO pATS!!!

Thanks to Naked Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • All Natural
  • Super Quality
  • Improved Recovery
  • Makes A Healthy Additive To Whey
  • Somewhat Expensive

A special thanks to Naked Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their plant based protein supplement Naked Pea. I am no way a vegan or vegetarian and I mostly stick to good ol fashion whey protein. However, truthfully plant based proteins have their advantages in both nutrient content and health benefits. I steer clear of soy as it doesn't agree with me too well. Rather, should I opt for a plant based protein I prefer pea, rice, or hemp. When I do, I usually use them as additives to shakes and will use them solo at times if I can find them at a good value and flavor.

Each 2 scoop serving provides 27g of pure pea protein. In addition, each serving naturally yields 2g of sugar, 2g of carbs, and 120 calories. Lasltly, each serving provides 5.7g of BCAAs.

Pea protein has some unique benefits to one's health that make it an ideal protein source to include in any healthy diet. Pea protein can promote both heart and kidney health, has high quantities of both essential and nonessential amino acids, can help regulate blood sugar, and can aid in weight loss through ghrelin regulation. Of course, like any other protein, it can also help improve muscle recovery.

Naked Pea Protein contains no artificial colors, dyes, flavors, sweeteners, GMO-based ingredients, or additives of any kind.

I received the unflavored version so I could use it as an additive to my usual whey containing shakes and occasionally some foods. It added a slight nutty, but overall pleasant taste to whatever I added it to. Rarely did I use it straight up and when I did, it wasn't the best tasting so i stuck to using it as an additive.

It mixed very well in whatever I added it to without any additional clumps or globs.

Like all protein products, the dosing depends on your protein needs. I used two 2-scoop servings daily. Once in the morning with a whey protein shake, and another sometime in the later afternoon either with another shake such as my post workout shake, or another preparation.

Like traditional whey protein supplements, as well as other protein supplements I've used in general, Naked Pea Protein helped significantly with my muscle recovery and also helped stave off hunger pangs.

With the extra macro intake as well as BCAAs and nutrient supplementation it provided, I noticed I was recovering more efficiently. I had less overall soreness and fatigue throughout the days and post workout as well. I found that I was less lethargic in the mornings following heavy training sessions, even if I did not get adequate sleep hours. That was especially helpful given my new work hours.

Even though I am not currently trying to lose weight, I enjoyed how Naked Pea Protein helped keep my hunger at bay. It did not kill or reduce my appetite to the point where I didn't want to eat. Rather, it helped keep those spontaneous cravings I often get throughout the days from occurring. This is important not only for weight management, but also because it helps reduce the likelihood of of snacking between meals. Even with a protein bar, I usually try not to snack often because it can throw off my meal plan quotas.

As mentioned in the title, Naked Pea Protein is not cheap. The cheapest price I found for a 5 lbs tub is 52.24. That is a bit of a steep price tag, though plant based proteins do generally run higher. Furthermore, you get 76 servings in each tub, allowing it to last quite a while even if your a frequent user. Overall, not a bad value considering how much you get in a tub and the superb natural quality of the product. As always, look out for sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you need to switch to the plant based route of proteins or simply need a healthy addition to your macro supplementation regimen, Naked Pea Protein is a product to look into. It's all natural, no artificial "stuff" quality and efficiency in helping meet macro and nutrient goals makes it a superb choice among plant based protein supplements and protein supplements in general. Due to the high price, be sure to keep a lookout for good deals and sales.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Transparent Labs for sending it out!
  October 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Fully Dosed
  • No Dyes
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Solid Pumps
  • Focus
  • Needs More Caffeine

A special thanks to Transparent Labs for their participation here on SR.com. Also, apologies for the tardiness of this review. Today, I will discuss my experiences with their pre workout product BULK. Pre workouts have always been something I've found to be a mainstay tool in my supplement regimen and I've tried and reviewed more than I can count. I've had many good experiences, and some not so good experiences with an array of pwo supplements. Nonetheless, there are always similar things I look for in a pre workout including energy, focus, pump, and if applicable, a thermo effect as well.

BULK contains a fully disclosed and extensive ingredient profile with no prop blend nonsense. Now for a rundown of them individually:

The profile begins with Vitamin D3 at 3,000 IU, 30mg of Zinc, and 5mg of Boron. I would guess this is to help put the body in a more primed anabolic state through testosterone production.

Citrulline Malate 6,000mg - A well known vasodilator, which works through increased NO production via higher arginine blood level production. Citrulline also helps reduce fatigue and enhance endurance.

Beta-Alanine 4,000mg - Best known for tingles.....and its ability to enhance endurance and reduce fatigue by acting as a lactic acid buffering agent.

BCAAs (2:1:1 ratio) 4,000mg: BCAAs are three of the prime building blocks that construct protein, which in turn are the building blocks of living tissue. BCAAs can also have an endurance enhancing and anti-cortisol effect pre workout.

Betaine HCL 2,500mg - Derived from beets, been demonstrated in some studies to improve muscle strength and enhance fat loss through the increase of certain anabolic signaling molecules. Betaine, is also shown to have heart and liver function benefits.

Taurine 1,300mg - An amino acid said to have numerous benefits including improved insulin sensitivity, more efficient testosterone production, acts as an anti oxidant, and can have a calming effect by acting as a precursor to GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter. In the case of a pre workout addition, it aids in blood flow and can help deliver nutrients to muscles.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 600mg - A nootropic that enhances mood, focus, and cognition primarily through the increased production of certain neurotransmitters such as dopamine.

Choline bitartrate 500mg - Primarily used as a cognition enhancer, but can also play a role in fat metabolism depending on one's training and diet.

L-Theanine 360mg - A non essential amino acid shown to have cognition enhancement effects as well as calming properties. Works best when combined with stimulants like caffeine.

Caffeine Anhydrous 180mg - The most well known of the common stimulants. Can also exhibit a diuretic effect and enhance fat loss. 180mg seems a little low, but not everyone is a stim junkie so you be the judge.

Mucuna Pruriens (98% L-Dopa) 70mg - Also known as velvet bean and best known for its ability to increase GH, testosterone, and inhibit prolactin. Furthermore, it can act as nootropic and enhance mood. The dose here seems low, but at 98% concentration, maybe that could still provide benefit.

L-Norvaline 60mg - Like agmatine sulfate, this ingredient can enhance the pump feeling through increased NO production.

Synephrine HCL 50mg - A metabolic enhancer that can increase thermogenesis by acting on the receptors in fat tissue that stimulate lipolysis. It is also believed to enhance glucose uptake into muscle cells, allowing for greater degree of caloric usage.

Hordenine 25mg - Best known as an effective nootropic, hordenine increases focus and improves mood.

BioPerine 5mg - As well all know, this is a bioavailability enhancer and absorption aid.

A solid profile overall, nothing to complain about

I received the strawberry lemonade flavor and like reviewers before me, I did NOT like it at all. It had a very distinct chemical aroma, which was accompanied by an unpleasant aftertaste. Consequently, it barely had any recognition as strawberry lemonade.

It did however have good mixability. I never had problems with grit or undissolved sediment.

You would dose this as you would any typical pre workout formulation. I took one scoop about 20 minutes pre workout. One scoop seemed sufficient enough for me, so that was the protocol throughout my entire run with BULK.

Energy (8.5/10): The energy BULK gave me was clean, strong, consistent, and never had me crashing during my workout. I was powering through my workouts with a strong surge of juice each and everytime without any residual tired feeling.

Pumps (7/10): Not the absolute strongest here, but I did get some solid pumps and vascularity from BULK. Had more prominent veins in all trained muscles and a more pronounced swole feel, especially on high volume sets.

Focus (8/10): Focus was razor sharp and mindset was constantly in that much desired "bang that s**t" mode. I found myself undistracted by any common gym nuisances and was plenty more primed in completing all training objectives with each movement and set.

Endurance (7/10): I was actually a bit surprised by this benefit because I was expecting some endurance benefits, but I got more than I had originally predicted. I was notably less fatigued between movements and intra sets with each workout both with my lifting and cardio. I was able to perform sprint intervals and consistent speed punch stints with my boxing routine with more gas in the tank and less rest time between sets and intervals.

Overall (8.8): BULK undoubtedly shined in all areas of the pre workout spectrum. I got strong energy, very good pumps, razor sharp focus, and enhanced endurance, all of which paved the way for new achievements at the gym resulting from my routine.

BULK comes in 3 sizes: 30, 60, 90 servings. It would make sense that most will opt for the 30 serving bag, which I've seen be priced 42-49 dollars. The largest bag goes for about 101 dollars. Given the effectiveness of BULK, I'd say either prices for either sizes are sufficient values and good investments as this is a pre workout that many would most likely want to be suing frequently.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles, but who cares

Conclusion

Without a doubt BULK hits the mark as one of the most prominent pre workout formulations I've used to date. It powers up your energy gears, sharpens your focus, gases up the pumps, and reduces fatigue allowing you to keep pushing through every training challenge. The only thing that needs improvement is the horrid taste, but then again, we don't take these to enjoy as refreshments. Just remember to always keep your diet and training in check and assess your tolerance with all new pre workouts.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  October 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Insulin Sensitivity
  • Open Label
  • Carb Pump
  • Improved Recovery
  • Prevents Bloating
  • Could Use Better Dosing
  • More Servings For More Frequent Daily Use Would Be Nice

A special thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their nutrient partitioning supplement (or GDA) Mimic. We all need plenty of carbs for energy and they are especially vital when bulking, as well as all the essential macros and micros. However, excessive carb consumption, even high quality carbs, can sometimes give that unpleasant bloated feeling given the nature of how certain carbs digest. Furthermore, we always want the greater percentage of our carbs to go into our muscle tissue since that is where they are needed. Problem is, depending on how much may deplete glycogen stores and time the consumption of your carbs, some of those carbs may wind up being stored within adipose tissue. Nutrient partitioners such as mimic help regulate glucose levels and aid in the transportation of carbs into muscle tissue, allowing for more efficient glycogen replenishment and a lower percentage of them going to fat tissue.

The profile is fully disclosed with 5 primary ingredients. Most of these ingredients work with similar functions in relation to their effects on blood glucose levels and carbohydrate uptake.

The first ingredient is Jiaogulan or Gynostemma pentaphyllum extract agt 207mg. According to what I researched this extract has numerous benefits ranging from immunity enhancement, cardiovascular health support, nitric oxide synthesis, etc. In relation to its inclusion in Mimic, this extract has been shown to increase insulin concentrations and production, allowing for more efficient glucose uptake and healthier blood glucose levels.

The second ingredient is berberine. As a nutrient partitioning supporting agent, berberine can help upregulate glucose intake through the increased synthesis of AMPK, a signaling activator that initiate carbohydrate uptake into cells. With a dose of only 200mg per serving though, berberine is quite underdosed given the effective dose can range to more than 4 times that amount.

The third ingredient is R alpha-lipoic-acid or R+ALA 200mg. R+ALA can speed up the uptake of carbs into muscle cells, lower blood glucose, and stimulate the breakdown of both sugars and triglycerides in order to aid in fat loss. The effective dose can be about twice that much, but this is not a severe under dosing since the minimum dosage is about 300mg.

Next is 200mg of cinnamon bark extract. Cinnamon bark extract is well known for acting as an insulin mimetic, which in turn can help increase the absorption of carbs and all other nutrients including amino acids into muscle tissue. The extract is concentrated meaning this can be a lower dose than standard cinnamon bark extract, but what the known target dose for a concentrated extract of this nature I don't know.

At last, we have 400mcg of chromium 454. This form of chromium is said to be more bioavailable and water soluble. It acts as a cofactor to carb uptake and metabolism.

Overall, there is some notable underdosing in the ingredients, but a solid fully disclosed profile nonetheless.

Dosing protocol is very simple....1-2 caps 15 minutes before your largest meal of the day or your post workout meal. 2 caps is the standard serving size, so I took 2 caps 15 minutes before my post workout meal, which is usually dinner and my last meal of the day. The same protocol was on non-training days where the caps would be taken 15 minutes prior to dinner.

Despite some underdosing in the ingredients, Mimic still delivered where it needed to do so. I don't get bloated very often or to a severe extent even with heavy carb consumption, but even modest bloating is bothersome especially with bulking phases. With Mimic, I didn't experience any bloating with my last and heaviest meal each day and I felt that it did digest better, allowing for a more comfortable "full" feeling.

I also noticed I had a more swole feeling from an increased carb pump, stemming from the increased glycogen replenishment to depleted muscles. Recovery was improved somewhat as well. My endurance seemed to be the same, but this was not something I wasn't paying much attention to.

Mimic goes for about 30 dollars for a full 30-day supply. That's the standard price for most of today's more popular GDA's and nutrient partitioning supplements, so given Mimic's efficacy I'd say this is a good value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Mimic is an overall effective GDA and will help you refuel depleted muscles quicker, allowing for better recovery, less bloating, and more pump. The only tweaks that can be made are higher dosages with the ingredients, and perhaps a bigger quantity of servings per bottle to allow users to use it more often with other carb heavy meals.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  October 6, 2017

• Digests Well
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Favorable Weight Gain

A special thanks to TBN labs for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with Total Mass. Total Mass is a weight gainer formula designed to help us more "hardgainert" types get in more of the necessary good calories, carbs, and other vital macros. Of course, while gainers are most helpful for the ectomorph types such as myself, anybody looking to bulk up can use them. In the past, gainers were often frowned upon mainly due to their profiles containing a lot of unnecessary sugars, low quality carb sources, and unwanted fats. As a result, users often complained of digestive issues and putting on more fat than muscle. Nowaday, we're more prudent and knowledgeable about what to look for in ingredient profiles in all types of supplements and can identify the additives we don't want. I myself use gainers at times during bulking phases and was interested in giving Total Mass a go after seeing its profile.

Each serving begins with 25 grams of protein, 93g of carbs, a mere 4g of sugar, and 120,000mg total mass blend. Within this blend exists whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, glutamine peptide, waxy maize, sweet potato powder, wild yam extract, brown rice powder, maltodextrin, and multi grains powder. Clearly, an advantage of this gainer is that the both the carb and protein sources are high quality and yield favorable glycemic indices.

Combining all of the ingredients, each serving provides 480 calories. I'm especially fond of the low sugar quantity as that is the biggest concern for me when shopping for a gainer.

One final note, Total Mass is sweetened with stevia, dextrose, and date sugars.

I just want to note that the scooper included with Total Mass was by far one of, if not the biggest scooper I've ever seen in any supplement. The scooper was so huge that it barely fits through the mouth of the tub. I understand it is a gainer formula and seeing a scooper bigger than normal is common, but this scooper takes the cake for being the biggest I've ever seen to date.

Aside of the scooper's size, the taste of Total Mass was great. I got the ripe strawberry and it was very characteristic of strawberry in itself. It had a very satisfying natural sweetness and the overall consistency was real good. Mixed in milk, it was legit like drinking a strawberry milkshake from Friendly's.

The mixability was a little bit of a problem. When a shaker cup is used, there is quite a bit of frothing and foaming. In addition, undissolved clumps often were present. This was easily remedied with the use of a blender. Therefore, I'd recommend the use of a blender when you can.

I used only one serving of this each day. On training day, I would take a serving mixed with water about 20 minutes post workout following a dose of creatine and bcaas. On non training day I would use a serving in the afternoon usually in between my third and fourth meals of the day.

TBN touts that Total Mass can cause dramatic weight gain, muscle retention, repair, growth, solid gains, and recovery.

The weight gained from my use of Total Mass was about 3 pounds. I went from 243 to 246, while still maintaining a lean, vascular look overall. That is not dramatic so to speak, but being that I am a hardgainer and that I gained those 3 pounds while maintaining the lean physique I had, I do consider efficient weight gain.

My muscles and overall body felt fuller, bigger, more pronounced in size. My strength seemed to go up a little on some lifts, but nothing huge. Repair and recovery wise, I was definitely recovering quicker. I felt little to no DOMS in the following days and my physique felt more refreshed and revitalized thanks to the quick glycogen replenishment from Total Mass's carb content.

I liked how Total Mass didn't give me any digestive issues or carb bloat upon taking it. Carb bloat is something I tend to have a problem with gainer formulas, but thankfully, that wasn't the case with Total Mass. Each serving went down easily without any harsh gas, bloating, or bubble gut like feelings.

Overall, Total Mass helped me gain lean mass, increased my recovery, helped with reparation and recuperation, and did have a positive effect on muscular size and strength.

Total Mass comes in two size options, both of which are currently only available on TBN's own website. These servings include a 5 pound tub containing 19 servings (which what I received) at $44.75 and a 15.89 pound tub providing 60 servings priced at $84.75. That might seem a little on the high side, but considering gainers do tend to go for higher prices than traditional protein products, these products are fair to me. Especially given Total Mass efficacy and quality in comparison to more expensive gainers that are even higher priced. Overall, I think this is a very good value for both sizes, but just be sure to capitalize on sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Total Mass is most definitely a hardgainer's best friend and for those looking to supplement their macro needs with sufficient and high quality protein and carb sources without added sugars and fats. It's easy on the stomach and if you manage your funds well, it is not too harsh on the wallet either. Of course, it helps that it tastes great too, but just remember to always get the mainstay of your nutrition from good wholesome food.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aids In Fat Loss
  • Better Endurance
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Taste Great
  • Needs More Servings
  • Needs More L-carnitine Per Serving

A special thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their L-carnitine liquid supplement. L-carnitine as most if not all of us know is a lone supplement with quite a few benefits. These benefits range from antioxidant activity and fat burning to energy boosting and androgen receptor frequency upregulation. Regardless what you may use it for, it seems to always have a potential place in anyone's fitness regimen. I myself find l-carnitine most helpful in the energy and fat burning department.

----Ingre...

Each 15ml serving provides 1,100mg of L-carnitine and 10mg of Vitamin B5.

As I've explained in previous reviews L-carnitine has some interesting benefits. It can aid in fat loss by enabling fat metabolism through increasing the efficiency of lipolysis. Furthermore, it can increase androgen receptor frequency and sensitivity, allowing more efficient utilization and anabolic influence of testosterone. In addition, l-carnitine can support the health and function of the brain and heart, though these benefits are seen mostly from the acetyl form. Lastly, l-carnitine can improve red blood cell production, aid in muscle recovery, and may even help regulate healthy blood glucose levels.

Being that my personal sweet spot dosage range is 3-4mg, at 1,100mg per serving, Dymatize has some underdosing going here, which can be a degrading factor in its value.

I received the berry flavor and I liked it. It tasted a lot like liquid mized berry candy, though not too sweet or tart.

I usually just took it straight up without mixing it in anything, but when I did combine it in water or a sprots drink, it mixed just fine.

I figured the product wouldn't last too long if I took my own preferred dosage so I stuck to using only two servings pre workout on training days and one serving on non training days.

I'm sticking to energy and recovery primarily because while using this product I was not trying to lose any fat at this time.

From an energy standpoint, I did find that I had some more energy in the gym and throughout the day. It was not a significant increase, but I was able to get through my workouts and the day's tasks with more gas in the tank.

Recovery was somewhat improved, but again, nothing significant. I had slightly less fatigue during my workouts with some subtle boosts to my endurance. Next day DOMS was slightly less as well.

Even though my training and diet was and is still not currently geared towards fat bruning or recomposition, Dymatize l-carnitine did seem

The value for this product is a bit on the low scoring side. The cheapest price I found was 10 dollars. That seems cheap, but the issue is that with a low dosage per serving and with 32 servings per container, most typical users will find themselves using more than one serving a day. This means, the bottle won't last very long depending on how many servings are actually used. In comparison to other liquid carnitine products, or even capsules, that value could prove to be a little expensive in the long run per month. It's definitely not the most expensive by any means, but it may have you searching elsewhere for better value in respect to servings and dosage quantity.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While an effective L-carnitine supplement in general, I'd say the major thing that needs to be improved is both the quantity of l-carnitine per serving and the amount of servings that comes in each container. You do get all the benefits you'd expect from l-carnitine, so Dymatize's l-carnitine is most definitely worth a go. They just need to up the servings and dosage and it is an l-carnitine supplement worthwhile.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to EBN Sports for sending it out!
  September 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps
  • Increased Recovery
  • Needs More Servings

A thanks to EBN Sports for their participation here on SR.com. Also an apology for the review being late as I had accidently dfeleted a completed draft of this review earlier this week. Regardless, today I discuss my experience with Creatine Edge. I've always enjoyed using creatine as part of my staples since it has been proven effective in numerous studies and it has helped me singificanlty in reaching weight training goals. Being that creatine has been around for almost as long as protein, there exists not only many supplements but also many forms of creatine. I always say that nothing beats good old pure creatine monohydrate being that it is the actual form of creatine to which the studies support. Nevertheless, I've used other forms of creatine with both success and failure with certain ones. Aside of creatine monohydrate, I've also had good experiences with kre-alkalyn, creatine magnesium chelate, and creatine hcl.

Now lets see how Creatine Edge stands out...

The profile begins with 10g of simple sugars, which act as a fast acting carb source. This is helpful considering that creatine's absorption is mediated by insulin.

Next, there is the inclusion of both sodium and potassium bicarbonate to induce the effervescent effect.

Finally the premier ingredient....5g of creatine in the form of tri-creatine citrate. After doing some research, this form is supposedly absorbed at a greater percentage and has a higher uptake. I would presume the target dosage would be 5-10mg.

Creatine Edge comes in one flavor thus far and that flavor is fizzy grape. Coupled with the effervescent fizzing and foaming, I actually enjoyed it. It reminded a lot of grape soda, though not as sweet.

When preparing the serving, be sure you DO NOT shake since you'll be left with an explosion of messy foam and probably a flat tasting product. Instead, add the serving to the desired amount of water and stir it with a utensil. It mixes fine and doesn't leave any undissolved grit.

The directions advise to combine 3 scoops with 16 oz of water, stir, and allow the solution to sit for 2-3 minutes. It can be taken as a pre workout supplement 30 minutes before your workout or immediately post workout. I chose to take it post workout. I prepared it as directed and drank it post workout.

When I use creatine, I gauge efficacy on recovery, energy, and pumps since these are the main things I find creatine benefits me. However, since I used Creatine Edge post workout, I will base efficacy primarily on recovery, but also touch upon any other benefits. I want to note that I only used one serving throughout my run since I effervescent formulas can give me a little GI upset if taken in too high doses.

I found that Creatine Edge did a very good job in helping increase my recovery. DOMS and post workout fatigue were reduced and continued to stay nearly absent the following day.

I also found that I had more natural energy throughout the day, allowing me to power through my workouts with more endurance and general energy.

My physique also felt overall more "swole" and pumped even after my workouts and during the workouts that followed throughout the week. Strength and mass seemed a little better, but nothing incredible. I saw more of a benefit with high volume based intervals as I was able to crank out more reps during sets with less fatigue and rest in between.

Overall, at the respected dose, Creatine Edge did in fact have good effects, but the effects were not overly better than what I normally get from traditional creatine monohydrate.

It's no surprise, that different forms of creatine tend to boast higher price tags. Creatine Edge is no exception. The cheapest price I found was on amazon for 44.95 for a tub containing 21 servings. Considering that the benefits were on par with that of traditional, much cheaper creatine monohydrate (creapure), I don't think that this is an acceptable especially since, depending how often you train in a week, the tub will not even last a full month. I'd say that opting for bulk creapure which usually goes for about 10-20 dollars for anywhere between 150-200+ servings, is a much wiser investment.

Side Effects

I had a little bloat feeling in the beginning of my run with creatine edge, but with adequate hydration, the bloat feeling went away within a couple of days.

Conclusion

While Creatine Edge did have its benefits, it does not carry an advantage over much cheaper creapure considering it's benefits were similar to that of creapure itself. Creatine Edge does have potential if the following tweaks were made:

More servings per tub
Lower price
Higher Creatine Dosage
More flavors maybe?

Until then, I would just stick with good old creapure for the value and the same benefits. As with all creatine products, stay well hydrate, train intensely, and don't forget diet.

September 25, 2017

• Increase Strength
  • Low Sides
  • Non-Methylated
  • Sheds Fat
  • Does Not Convert To Estrogen
  • Bad Smell
  • Expensive Especially At Higher Dosages

One last special thanks to Muscle1 for providing their products for the SR TROOPs to try out. Also, another apology for the tardiness of the reviews on my behalf. Strength1 was the primary prohormone supplement that made up the base of my PH stack run with Muscle1. As I mentioned in my review with P-Cycle7 and Mass4, I ran those two compounds alongside Strength1. I was following a lean bulk, so I was focusing more on strength and size gains, though I did not get the opportunity to get in specific measurements before and after. However, I will detail all specific gains in strength and visible size gains later in this review. In addition, specific cycle aspects will also be explained.

The prohormone compound in Strength1 is 1-Andro (1-DHEA). 1-Andro is a highly anabolic compound, said to be 7x more anabolic than testosterone itself. It does not aromatize, making it a dry, lean gainer. It is touted to provide big increases in both strength and mass along with intensive training and exercise. It is non-methylated and considered milder when it comes to side effects.

The side effects that do potentially come with 1-Andro's usage include lethargy, libido loss, a rise in blood pressure, and joint discomfort. Therefore, a test base for libido support and general cycle support is strongly recommended.

Each capsule contains 110mg. The effective dose range of 1-Andro is said to be anywhere between 150-450mg, with 330mg believed to be the "sweet spot" dosage for many.

As with Muscle1's other two products, the patented Elite Peak Intake Complex is also included at 600mg. Again, it contains grapefruit extract, DHB, and black pepper extract.

I ran Strength1 with Mass4 and P-Cycle7 in the following protocol for 4 weeks:

4 caps of Strength1
4 caps of Mass4
3 caps of P-Cycle7.

I took the dosages together spread out in 4 hour intervals with food. Additional support products included basic staples such as protein (which included protein products from other TROOPs orders), fish oil, Vital 4-U multivitamin, Himalaya Liver Care, and NAC. In addition I was also using Magnum Nutraceuticals Performance Greens, Tropical Oasis Joint Support, Dymatize Iso-100, and TBN BCAAs. Needless to say, a lot of other TROOPer orders complimented my run.

Again, I was doing a lean bulk while on cycle. I was consuming 3800 calories with subsequent good carbs from wild rice, yams, oats, and whole grains. Protein sources included nuts, peanuts butter, lean meats, plenty of fish, and occasionally dairy products. Of course, I ate plenty of other good wholesome food but these were my mainstay staples. I had no cheat days.

While taken fasted, my beginning weight was 236 lbs. I actually lost quite a bit of weight over this year's Ramadan and have been working since June to gain much of it back while also trying to get my main lifts back up as well. I didn't lose significant strength, but some heavy compound exercises took a little dip. This was the main reason why I opted for this cycle.

Now getting to the results of Strength1 itself, I must say that is helped significantly in getting my strength up. Some notable PRs I set mostly with lifts I have been focusing much attention on that didn't get much love in the past include:

Front Squat 280 lbs
Barbell Hack lift 415 lbs
T-Bar Landmine Press: 3 plates placed at end so 160 lbs? Either way, the most I've done on that lift
Weighted Dips: Bodyweight plus 4 additional 45 lbs plates for 1-2 reps
Snatch Grip Rack Pull: 465 lbs

In addition my conventional compound movements also began to climb back up to their original numbers with my form much improved since I started following more dropset oriented training regimen. I was able to get back up to 315 lbs on the bench press with the help of a slingshot, beltless squats got back up to 405 lbs, and conventional beltless deadlifts have broken over the 500 lbs barrier. I pulled about 515 lbs beltless with deads. These aren't my original maxes but closer to them and again, beltless and with much improved form.

My weight taken after the cycle (again while I was fasted), was 242 lbs. I looked much more fuller, bigger, vascular, and significantly leaner particularlty around my midsection despite a gain in weight. I had very little to no water weight or bloat. Therefore, I can say that with these gains in strength and a gain in a good 6 pounds of lean muscle, this product delivered fiercely.

I am now on pct with the SERM clomid at 100/100/50/50 along with Lab tech's t-fuel prime. So far, all gains have been retained and libido is back high in gear.

Like the products I reviewed before, this product loses points in the value section. Each bottle comes out to 90 dollars. I needed two bottles to run the doses that I specified so that would be 180 dollars if your were to run a similar cycle and that is not including the cost of supports, test base, and pct. Muscle1 currently offers stack deals on their website, but it is still rather too expensive and investment. If they could improve the stack deals to included more of the supplements together, perhaps the value would be better provided the prices would be lower. Currently though, that is simply to high a price tag despite the efficacy.

Side Effects

Along with the supports, mass4 as my test base, and p-cycle7 as my AI, I experienced almost no side effects. I had minimal lethargy in week one, but that soon went away once mass4 kicked in. Be sure you follow proper dosage protocols, use proper ancillaries, and follow pct afterwards.

Conclusion

While the price tag is absurdly high, if you're willing to invest the cash in everything you need including the supports, pct, and the other products form Muscle1, Stregnth1 will give you some good gains in size and strength provided of course you follow proper dosing protocols and keep your training intensive as hell and diet as clean as possible. Be strong, but at the same time please be smart and listen to your body. These may be mild products but everyone will react differently.

September 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Heightened Libido
  • Pumps
  • Prevents Lethargy
  • Far Too Expensive

Another special thanks to Muscle1 for their support here on SR.com. Also, an apology for the tardiness of this and the one other review that is pending. Mass4 is a prohormone designed to help increase muscle gains while also helping to maintain libido and alpha drive either using it solo or as part of a suppressive ph cycle along another compound. When we use most prohormones or aas gear, test production becomes suppressed, leaving libido shot and the body gripped with lethargy. That's when we utilize either testosterone itself or a compound that converts into testosterone (or DHT) once in the body.

I used Mass4 as a test base during my cycle with Muscle1's Strength1, combined with P-Cycle 7. So let's see how well it worked.

The main ingredient is 4-andro (4-dhea) dosed at 100mg per capsule. 4-Andro is an anabolic compound that converts into testosterone through a two step conversion process once ingested. Being non-methylated it is safer on the liver and its side effects are relatively low in comparison to other products provided good general cycle support is used. The conversion into testerone helps keep libido and energy up while natural test production is suppressed. This can potentially also compliment gains as well since the testosterone will help keep the environment in an anabolic state.

One drawback with 4-andro is that it is vulnerable to aromatization once it converts into testosterone since test itself is aromatizable. If precautions are not taken, this can cause estrogen related side effects including bloating and Gyno development. it is for this reason why an aromatase inhibitor is strongly advised.

The dosage range orally is roughly 300-500mg.

The second half of the profile is once again, Muscle1's Elite Peak Intake Complex. In Mass4, it is dosed at 600mg per capsule and contains the ingredients I mentioned in my P-Cycle7 review; Grapefruit extract, DHB, and piperine. As discussed before these ingredients improve absorption and bioavailability.

Muscle1 was kind enough to send me an additional bottle of both Mass4 and Strength1 after realizing my cycle layout, giving me an ample amount for a high dose cycle. I took 4 caps a day spread roughly 4 hours apart with meals, coupled with a capsule dose of P-Cylce7 and Strength1. Since I only took 3 caps of P-Cycle7, the 4th and final dose was coupled only with a dose of Strength1. 4-andro's half life is on the lower side so spreading dosages is strongly advised.

As I mentioned in the intro, I used Mass4 primarily as a test base to help keep my libido and energy levels up since Strength1's 1-andro is known to have some degree of suppression and cause libdio loss and lethargy.

Mass4 did a superb job in both areas. My libido was kept high and the alpha gears were kept in grinding mode. I had no difficulties getting Mr. Johnson to clock in on the job anytime he was called into "work".

I had very little to no lethargy and my energy levels were well maintained. I never had any run down or boggy feeling nor did I have difficulties getting through my workouts.

Mass4 also helped compliment some additional strength and mass gains that were accompanied by the anabolic action of Stregnth1. My physique felt fuller and I had some great pumps and vascularity going on. While Mass4 is typically considered "wet", thanks to the Strength1 and P-Cycle7, the gains were kept dry for the most part with very little wetness or bloating.

This is where the cons bomb explodes. A bottle of Mass4 will set you back 90 big ones. If you run it at a higher dose like I did (400mg+) you'll need two bottles for a full for week cycle. That will cost 180 dollars, not including shipping if any......Yikes!!! In contrast, if you are contempt with a lower dose of two caps, the bottle will last for a full month. Still, at 90 dollars bottle, this will prove to be a very expensive investment. Mass4 is effective, but it's value at that price is simply unfavorable.

Side Effects

Again, you'll need estrogen blocking support with this compound in order to avoid related side effects. Other than that, the only side effect I had was an occasional acne flare, but nothing good hygiene didn't fix.

Conclusion

Mass4 is a great and effective prohormone to help heighten your libido, prevent lethargy, increase energy, and give additional mass and strength gains with intensive training and diet. Be sure to use an AI and try to catch a sale on Muscle1's website for this product, because at the current price, the value is going to be a wallet destroyer.

September 22, 2017

• Cortisol Reduction
  • Dry Gains
  • Increased Strength
  • Vascularity

A special thanks to Muscle1 for providing their products for the SR.com community to try out. This will be the first of my three reviews fro Muscle1 products. In this review, I discuss my experiences with their estrogen blocker product P-Cycle7. Estrogen is something we men must always keep under control in order to keep the testosterone levels substantial and dominant. Of course, it is possible to have both too high and too low estrogen. However, for most too high estrogen is a more common problem. Estrogen can also be a problem when running anabolic compounds that aromatize and cause rapid fluctuations in estrogen resulting in side effects such as gyno, bloat, and weight gain. That's when aromatase inhibitors and other estrogen blocking products come into play.

P-Cycle7 contains one primary ingredients and a brief blend complex of other ingredients to increase absorption and bioavailability.

To begin, the AI in P-cycle7 is Arimistane. Each capsule provides 25mg of this well-known aromatase inhibitor. In addition to helping to block estrogen conversion, arimistane is also useful at reducing cortisol. This makes it a more than optimal choice for a cycle geared towards fat loss and recomposition. The effective dosage range is around 50-100mg. For me, 75mg is the sweet spot.

The second part of the profile is a 475mg Elite Intake Complex containing grapefruit extract, DHB, and bioperine. These ingredients are known to increase absorption and bioavailability by affecting the metabolism of the active ingredients.

The directions suggest 2-4 capsules a day, spread out with food. I used P-Cycle7 at 75mg a day, which equates to 3 capsules a day. I took the caps with food and had them spread out about 4 hours.

I was running P-Cycle7 as part of a triple cycle along with Muscle1's other products Mass4 and Strength1. I used P-cycle7 as an AI to prevent estrogen related side effects from Mass4. Mass4 is a 4-andro prohormone, which converts into testosterone. Great for a test base, but it can aromatize and cause estrogen rise. Therefore, using an AI is strongly recommended.

While running P-Cylce7 along with the other compounds, I experienced no negative estrogen related side effects. I never felt bloated and actually leaned out quite a bit despite a caloric surplus. Vascularity seemed increased as well. In addition, I had no impending symptoms of gyno.

The cortisol blocking effects helped me lean out and keep my energy levels high and consistent. Since it was allowing the testosterone conversion from Mass4 to remain optimized, my libido also saw a good increase and enabled me to maintain drive during cycle.

As effective as P-Cycle7 is, it comes at a price.....and a high one at that. A bottle consts 80 dollars and is only available as of now on Muscle1's own website. Each bottle comes with 90 caps. If you run it at 3 caps a day, it will last a full month. So, you can say that the value depends heavily on how many caps you think you'll need. 80 dollars is a steep price considering you can get similar products with teh same ingredients for about half that, even though it doesn't contain the supplementary ingredients for the intake enhancement. In summary, the product is effectve, but far too expensive for a continuous investment.

Side Effects

If used in a standalone natty cycle to boost testosterone naturally, it can be drying to your joints. So be sure to have some good joint support handy.

Conclusion

Despite the steep price tag, P-Cycle7 is an excellent AI to help keep estrogen levels down and related side effects at bay. It will help optimize the efficacy of test base prohormones and increase definition and vascularity with intensive training and proper diet. Hopefully, the price can become lower as the products spread to other vendors.

Last thing to note, arimistane is NOT intended to be substitute for far more potent pharmaceutical grade aromatase inhibitors such as exemestane and letrozole. If you are extremely prone to gyno for whatever reason, arimistane may not suffice and you'll most likely have to go to one the pharmaceutical compounds.