WarMachine

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)

----Introduction----

Another thanks to Nature Restore for their continued support here on SR.com. Today I discuss a "try request" of one of their products, glucose one. Lets face guys, regardless how clean your diet is, we all have occasional flops that may include eating a heavy meal too close to bedtime, underestimating the unfavorable sugars we may have consumed, and so forth. So I believe it's a good idea to have a supp or two handy to help manage those unfavorable sugar highs or spikes in order to avoid the after effects of associated with not only the spikes, but also the sudden drops that result from high insulin response.

Of course, lets not forget those who much manage such blood sugar levels due to pre-existing medical conditions like Diabetes. Thankfully, I do not have such conditions, nor does it run in my family. However, I've made dietary mistakes throughout the times and continue to do so today. Therefore, supps such as glucose one can act as an ease of mind for me if effective.

So how did it stand up?

----Ingredient Profile----

There include two primary ingredients an then it goes into a prop blend of other ingredients. (ugh the prop blends..)

The first two ingredients are Magnesium Glycinate and Chromium Picolinate. Both these minerals play direct roles in blood sugar regulation and metabolism. Magnesium is involved in the utilization of incoming glucose via cell metabolism, while chromium improves insulin sensitivity and mechanism of action on sugar uptake.

The prop blend consists of 6 additional ingredients which also have their own direct mechanism of blood glucose. They include Inoslim, pine bark extract, mulberry leaf extract, gymnema sylvestre extract, carcuma longa extract, and coptis chinesis extract.

All of these ingredients have beneficial roles and influential factors that help modulate favorable levels of blood glucose by helping to improve insulin sensitivity, up-regulate sugar metabolism, and enhance nutrient absorption.

----Dosing----

The directions are simple, take two capsules 30 minutes before your day's largest meal, which for me was dinner. As recommended, I only took one dose a day.

----Effectiveness----

I can say that Glucose one was definitely a helpful supplement to have on hand in order to counteract those negative sugar spikes. Often times, I find myself eating my last meal too close to bedtime, causing my sleep to be interfered with and giving me that next morning bloating feeling due to the food digesting more slowly during my sleep. The grogginess I would get from these high sugar levels occurring so late at night is not fun.

I found that when I supplemented with Glucose one, I had much less of a sugar related bloat the next morning, I was less groggy prior to bet time, and my sleep felt less interrupted by the slower digestion. I also didn't have those morning hunger pangs that I might get because of the heigtened nocturnal insulin spikes that would sometimes occur and cause me to feel more lethargic and hungry in the morning due to sudden blood glucose lowering.

I wish I had blood sugar data I could show to support my claims, but I had to go solely with how my body reacted to Glucose one vs how I knowingly feel when I do not take a glucose metabolic support agent.

----Value----

Glucose one goes for about 26 dollars through Nature Restore's own website. A bottle will last you month provided you only dose it once. I think the price is fair depending how often you need to manage your blood sugar. If you just use it for dietary assurance to make sure those glucose spikes stay at bay, the price is fair.

----Conclusion----

If you need help managing your blood sugar or keeping those unfavorable spikes from happening too often, Glucose One is a product that you should check out. It is an all natural product that can give you some glucose insurance to make sure your dietary glucose intake remains healthily modulated and that your body uses it the way it's supposed to.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Maintains Healthy Blood Sugar
  • All Natural
  • Improves Insulin Sensitivity
  • Prop Blend

(Thanks to RXS Supplements for sending it out!)

----Introduction----

A special thanks to RXS Supplements for their participation in the ER/TROOPs program here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their PWO/Thermo product Radiate. Getting that revved up, "burning with in", "ready to destroy everything" feel is a common goal we all wish to feel at one point both before and during our workouts. Experiencing some good, clean, yet intense energy to power through workouts and ignite metabolism to burn away fat is always a positive attribute to acquire to ensure you crush your everyday fitness goals. Radiate caught my eye when it looked like a product I believed could do just that.

But......can it?

----Ingredient Profile----

The profile is a bit extensive so I recommend checking out the in-set image of the label to get a good look at it.

Aside of that, Radiate has an array of plenty of well-known effective ingredients designed to promote energy, thermogenesis, and focus. To name some, we have taurine, acetyl-l-carnitine, noopept, naringin, niacinimide, DMHA, Alpha Yohimbine, and 200mg of caffeine. There are more ingredients, but I just wanted to list a few select ones. Also included are some electrolyte, vitamin C, and B-vitamins.

My one complaint though is that all the key ingredients is in one big prop blend quantified at 2834mg, with 200mg belonging to caffeine. Potential under-dosing? Perhaps with some of the ingredients but surely not all of them.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the orange candy flavor and wasn't too pleased with it. It had a slight chemical like taste with a strong aftertaste that I found unpleasantly bitter at times. The taste wasn't unbearable, but not something I would enjoy drinking everyday.

The mixability was a bit lacking as I saw a little undissolved sediment frequently upon preparation of the mixture.

For the first week, I assessed my tolerance with this product and used one scoop. I then bumped it up to two scoops in the proceeding weeks and added in amino lean at times. Though I preferred to take these products separated by a few minutes at least.

----Effectiveness----

I'm going to use the category method on this one in order to breakdown the various components of what the product offered.

Energy (9/10): At one scoop, but mostly at two scoops did Radiate deliver a good, consistent yet intense surge of energy I hadn't felt in a long while from a pre workout. Reminded me of stimul8. The energy always lasted me throughout my workout and I never experienced any crashes.

Thermo Effect (7.5/10): SWEAT, SWEAT, SWEAT!!! Radiate had my core temperature up a significant (though not dangerous) amount to the point where I was sweating like a Falcon's fan watching the final drive of SuperBowl LI. Felt this mostly on my bouts of intensive sudden exertion like time-under-tension sets with my deads and squats and HIIT cardio workouts.

Appetite Suppression (6/10): My appetite and cravings were lessened to a notable degree. It didn't crush my appetite or make me not wanna eat, but there were also some days where for some reason the appetite suppression and craving curbs weren't as strong. It depended, I guess, how I spaced my meals out on particular days and what and how much I ate prior to dosing Radiate.

Focus (8/10): Thanks mostly to the Noopept and DMHA, I had some real good razor's edge like focus with Radiate. I found myself very honed in on every movement, rep, and intensity scheme of each lift that I did on each day, without being easily distracted.

As a final note, I did appear a little leaner with Radiate and has some new vascularity and striations on a few parts of my physique so I can definitely say it works for fat loss. Though, I am not training for a cutting phase right now, so I didn't take any BF measurements to confirm.

----Value----

This is where Radiate is gonna loose some points. As of now, it is only available through their site at 70 dollars for 45 servings. A price of 70 bucks is too steep for me considering there are cheaper thermogenesis and pwo products. Radiate was effective, but is can seriously prove to be a costly investment overtimes. Try to catch sales when and where you can.

----Side Effects----

Heard of some guys experiencing jitters and cold feelings with Radiate, by experienced no such effects.

----Conclusion----

It does have a high price tag, but if you're willing to give Raditae a try, expect some good strong energy, enhanced focus, help in fat loss, and a thermo effect that will get you sweating bullets over Broadway. Be sure to assess your tolerance though and again, catch it on sale.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistently Effective
  • Noticeable Thermo Affect
  • Strong Focus
  • Curbs Cravings
  • Effective For Fat Loss
  • Prop Blend

(Thanks to RSP for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

A thanks to RSP Nutirtion for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their BCAAs energy formula Amino Lean. Amino lean is supposedly formulated with ingredients that create a favorable effect towards energy, endurance, and fat loss. I've used BCAAs plenty of times and combined them with other products such as PWOs, creatine, protein, etc. I like the idea of using something that is both flexible to use and effective where it needs to be.

But is Amino Lean a product that is effective where it needs to be?

My first immediat...
----Introduction----

But is Amino Lean a product that is effective where it needs to be?

----Ingredient Profile----

My first immediate complaint, much like the reviewers before me have pointed out, is the presence of not one but two prop blends. I despise prop blends with a passion even though they may not always be a deal breaker.

First we have a 5g quantified Amino blend consisting of the well known BCAAs, other essential amino acids, beta alanine, and taurine. At 5g, I don't even have to explain as to how clearly there is some serious under-dosing here. 5g alone is just barely sufficient for beta alanine itself, but you're supposed to divide that 5g among an array of other ingredients with high range dosage protocols of their own? Fail....

Second, we have a 1,500mg fat loss blend containing CLA, LCLT, and green tea. Again, under-dosing is very apparent here.

Finally, 130mg of a natural energy and focus blend consisting of theobromine and green tea derived caffeine.

Rsp Nutrition states to not take more than 8 scoops (4 servings) in on day. If you removed the caffeine and made this a product solely as a BCAAs oriented one with some extras, than I can confidently say that at those dosage blends, I would take that many servings just in efforts to get the benefits of the amino acids. Of course that would mean the product would last a little over a week.

Overall, good ingredients, but simply not sufficiently dosed.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the blackberry pomegranate and I personally enjoyed. it wasn't too sweet, tart, or chemical like. Mixability was a little sediment containing, but not too bad.

For an initial week and a half, I tried Amino Lean alone to assess it's effects. I mixed two scoops and took it about 15 minutes pre workout. Following the initial week and a half, I added the two scoop serving to a serving of Radiate and created a pre workout concoction of my own.

----Effectiveness----

When used alone, Amino Lean did little in terms of what it is touted to do. The energy I got was about similar to that of a medium cup of coffee. Endurance and intra workout integrity was unchanged for the most part and I saw no real fat utilization effect.

When combined as a compliment with a pre workout like Radiate, it seemed to work better as it helped to act as a synergist with the ingredients in Radiate, or probably any other pre workout. I could actually feel the beta alanine tingles this time and the energy was more apparent.

However, since the review is strictly focused on Amino Lean, I have to say that the product alone fell very short in several areas.

----Value----

A 30 serving tub is about 20 dollars. Pretty cheap so as Vaughn pointed out, I guess you get what youy pay for. Still, the product's lackluster beneficial factors would most likely have you looking elsewhere even if it means throwing down a few extra dollars,

----Conclusion----

In conclusion, Amino Lean simply missed all the marks I was expecting it to provide some notable benefit in. The under-dosed prop blends and lack of desired effects will have me unlikely to invest ini the product regularly and have me going to grab something better. The ingredients are definitely good additions, but RSP needs some major dosage overhauls.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Energy
  • Has Aminos
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Ineffective Doses

(Thanks to Zhou Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

A special thanks to Zhou Nutrition for participating in the SR/TROOPs program. Today, I discuss my experiences with their test booster, Boost Elite. Being only 28 years old, I don't twiddle around much with testosterone boosters. Though, I will occasionally add a natty booster every once in a great while for some added anabolic and libido support. To me, some of the better natural test boosters I've used have contained a combination of well known herbal testosterone enhancers such as ashwagahnda and tongkat ali to name only a couple.

So it Boosted Elite.....Elite?...
----Introduction----

So it Boosted Elite.....Elite?

----Ingredient Profile----

For a complete run down of the ingredient profile, check out the included image.

Boosted Elite contains some good, well-known ingredients known well for their natural test support benefits. Problem is, is that a good majority of these ingredients are under-dosed. The Tongkat Ali for example is only a meager 50mg. From both my experience and research, I would prefer at least 400-500mg of this ingredient alone. he yohimbe bark extract is a ridiculous 1.5 mg. Even if this were straight up Yohimbe HCL, that dosage would be far too low for benefits.

Another thing I didn't like was the amount of zinc asparate at 250mg. I understand zinc is essential to testosterone support, but the asparate form's bioavailability has always been something of question. Furthermore, 250mg seems overkill even if the amount absorbed is not very high.

Overall, a good profile of ingredients, but quantity of many of the ingredients needs to be increased.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

No taste or mixability to talk about since we've got capsules.

The directions advise taking three caps per day with a meal. I took all three caps in the morning since that's when I'd want that alpha male mindset and feeling from raised test levels to kick in and last through the day.

----Effectiveness----

Gonna categorize this based on the three main things I expected from this test booster.

Libido (8/10): One of the most immediate things I notice from most test boosters is a jump in my libido. This was Boost Elite's main and seemingly only significant benefit. Mr. Johnson was showing up for work more overtime than usual and I had an increased desire throughout the day. (And when the moment called for it lol :)

Energy (2/10): Didn't really see any significant increase in my natural energy levels, unless you count the excitement from heightened libido.

Alpha Male Mindset (5/10): I did notice I had a modestly sharper sense of he "alpha feeling". In other words, I had a more confident an "I can do anything" state of mind a bit more often. I also had some heightened gym aggression as well. A modest increase is better than nothing.

Overall, Boost Elite gave a real good libido boost and a decent improvement to my mindset. Though the energy and fat loss benefits didn't seem to exist or just barely did.

----Value----

Cheapest I found Boost Elite was about 31.34 from amazon. Given the lack of benefits and quantity lacking profile, I'd say that is not a proper value, expecially considering with that money it would be a better investment to simply buy test boosting herbal ingredients in the bulk. Or perhaps, a better well-received booster on the market.

----Side Effects----

an extra occasional acne flare

----Conclusion----

In closing, the product has promise to some degree, but needs improvement. I'd like to see a few of the ingredients quantified in the profile more, like the tongkat ali, yohimbe, and fenugreek. This will get your libido up and UP and add a little pepper to your gym aggression. Just don't expect much of anything else and stick to some bulk products like DAA, ashwhghanda, and maca root.

GO RED SOX!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Libido
  • Some Increase In Gym Aggression
  • Not Overly Effective In Some Key Areas
  • Under-dosed Key Ingredients

(Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!)

----Introduction----

A special thanks to Evomuse for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I talk about my experience with their stim free fat loss formulation DCP a.k.a Damage Control Protocol. With the warmer weather seasons beginning to draw near, we're are in full "get that beach body" mode, or at least most of us are. Many of us will turn to the aid of some fat burning supplements to help obtain results faster, though as we should all know at this stage of the game that diet and nutrition are the two biggest influential factors in our fitness goals. Still, when it comes to a fat loss supplement, many of today's popular ones have a boat load of stimulants that some are not overly fond of due to side effects. That's when it's a good idea to reach for something like DCP in order to aid in fat loss without the hefty stim doses.

But does it work?

----Ingredient Profile----

We've got a pretty extensive profile here that I recommend you look at the included image to see the ingredients.

As for an explanation, honestly it would take me hours on end to explain the function of each ingredient so instead I'm going to post a link Nutri-verse's site where you can get a complete thorough breakdown and explanation of each ingredient under "product description".

As a general summary of the ingredients' purposes, the included profile combined is intended to aid in fat loss via the following mechanisms:

Inhibiting the formation of adipose tissue
Activating receptors responsible for lipolysis
Generating thermogenesis
Aiding the utilization of fat for energy
Preventing damaging inflammation effects.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Since these are caps, taste and mixability are non-applicable. The caps are easy to swallow and leave no aftertaste or stomach upset.

The dosing is instructed at 2 caps to be taken three times per day. So that's 6 caps per day, which sounds like a lot but one can you do. I myself would take each 2 cap serving spread roughly 4-5 hours apart usually 20 minutes before food intake. The dosages would be in the morning, early afternoon, and early evening.

----Effectiveness----

Just to note, my caloric intake while using DCP was a little over maintenance at about 2700 calories; high protein, moderate carbs, low fat

For the first two weeks I used DCP without any added stimulants to assess its effects. I did notice a decent thermo effect and had a good increase in additional energy. I also noticed my appetite was more controlled and I didn't have as frequent hunger pangs throughout the day.

I then added stim dosages associated with the use of RSP's Amino Lean and RXS's Radiate. This is where DCP's effects truly shined. I noticed it had a very good complimentary effect with the other products as I was experiencing a much more substantial thermo effect to the point where I was sweating bullets on particular high volume under speed tension movements and intensive cardio intervals. My appetite was more well controlled and by the end of my run I looked leaner and more vascular in many areas. I also noticed a diuretic effect which was helpful since I was retaining some water weight from the Podium Gold creatine. Lastly, I noticed that DCP helped maintain the energy boost I got from the stim products, though as I mentioned, DCP alone did give me a good increase in energy throughout the day standalone.

In summary, DCP is good on its own, but definitely shines immensely with combined with other products.

----Value----

DCP is not cheap, to say the least. The cheapest price I found was 44.95 for a full 30-day supply on DPS nutrition. While it is an effective product, I think this price tag is steep considering the competitive pricing of other popular known fat burners.

----Side Effects----

Increased sweating and mild diuresis induced by the product can lead to cramps and dehydration so make sure you are staying very well hydrated and replacing electrolytes.

----Conclusion----

In closing, DCP was a great addition to my recomp phase and I do see myself using it in future cutting or recomp phases. It can be effective standalone for those who prefer the stim free route, but seems more effective when combined with other stim containing products as a compliment to your regimen. Regardless, as I say over and over again, diet and training are your two most critical factors to your goals so don't overlook either for a second.

GO BRUINS!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Thermo Effect
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Stim Free
  • Mild Diuretic Effect
  • Burns Fat
  • Maintains Muscle Tissue

(Thanks to CSA Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

A special thanks to CSA Nutrition for allowing us to try out their premier supplement Podium Gold. Podium Gold is a newcomer to the supplement market which intends to make some noise among fitness enthusiasts with a new patented compound they have trademark termed Carnoforge. I'm always looking to try new products provided the ingredients are something I may knowingly react badly to. This particular product caught my eye once I saw that it was combining to of my favorite endurance and power output enhancers: Creatine and Beta Alanine.

So, did this product make som...
----Introduction----

So, did this product make some noise for me?

----Ingredient Profile----

As I said in the beginning, Podium Gold contains a new compound called CarnoForge.

What is CarnoForge?

According to the manufacturer's directly, CarnoForge is a coompound created through an ionic bonding chemical mechanism between micronnized creatine and Beta Alanine. The result is a new compound known as 2-Methylguanidino Ethanoic 3-Aminopropanoic acid, trademarked as CarnoForge. This compound is touted to act as a fueling agent to specific muscle fiber types responsible for generating quick, sudden, and intense muscle contractions in order to engage in bursts of higher power output intervals.

Sounds interesting doesn't it?

Each scoop provides 4500mg of this synergistic compound to be taken preferably prior to exercise engagement and following it as well.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received unflavored however from the website, new flavors are currently in the process of becoming available. They include fruit punch, orange, and grape. The powder's mixability was a little gritty in the sense that there were times where I did get some undissolved small clumps. This happened regardless what I mixed it in.

It is recommended to take one scoop for those under 200 lbs and two scoops for those over 200 lbs. I'm over 200 lbs so I took one scoop about 45 minutes pre workout and one scoop post workout with some BCAAs. I tried to keep the pre workout dosage separate from a pre workout supplement dosage since I didn't want the stims from the pwo product interfering with the actions of the creatine mechanism of the product.

----Effectiveness----

While Podium Gold wasn't a miracle formula that transformed me into superman, which I wasn't expecting of course, this product did in fact help me push myself to some new levels.

The one main benefit I saw was a significant increase in my endurance. Not too long ago I began engaging in new heavy loaded cardio interval burst movements such as prowler sled sprints and loaded carries. My endurance has always been relatively high, but with Podium Gold, I found myself able to push harder, run faster, and maintain higher bouts of these increased output demands. Though the benefits weren't just limited to prowler sleds and loaded carries. During my boxing cardio I was punching harder and engaging in prolongs speed punch stints. This was especially intense when I used my hypoxia mask.

During my lifting sessions, I did have less fatigue particularly with most of my high volume rep intervals with both heavy compound and concentrated isolation movements. I found this most prominent on my deficit dead lifts and squat finisher sets where I would perform bouts of high volume squats at the end of certain workouts regardless what I was targeting that day. I was also starting to get closer back to some of my original PR max levels which suffered a bit in the past due to some minor injuries. Overall pump and muscle fullness was also improved and I was recovering better post workout.

Overall, Podium Gold made some serious noise for me.

----Value----

As of now the only available place you can purchase Podium Gold is directly through their website. A 1 lbs 60 servings tub is 43.99 and a tablet form with the same supply is 34.99. Both container forms will last a full 30 days provided you follow the instructed dosage protocol. I think that this is a little on the expensive side given that many athlete would most likely just settle for bulk creatine mono and beta alanine for cheaper prices. Though, given the effectiveness of the product, I'd say it's worth an investment as a first try. I'm sure prices will drop once sales and availability become more prominent.

----Side Effects----

A little bit of bloating from time to time, but nothing that remaining well hydrated couldn't remedy.

----Conclusion----

In conclusion, CarnoForge is set to be a big potential game changer among the supplement market especially for endurance athletes but can also be used just as well with those in lifting. Increased endurance, strength, and pump are the areas where Podium Gold seemed to shine the most and I can see it becoming a more predominant product once it's availability increases and hopefully the price drops.

• Increased Muscular Integrity
  • Better Recovery
  • Bit Too Expensive
  • Mixability Needs Improvement

(Thanks to Strike First Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

A special thanks to Strike First Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their BCAAs product, Sustainall. Branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) are a fundamental supplement inclusion to many of our regimen as BCAAs are essential to muscle anabolism support. I've used quite a few throughout my years primarily for energy, endurance, and improved recovery. Though, most often I enjoy them best as part of my post-workout supplement routine.

----Ingredient Profile----

There are two blends in Sustainall. Setting aside my general disliking in bl...

----Ingredient Profile----

There are two blends in Sustainall. Setting aside my general disliking in blends, the first blend is the lean building and recovery blend dosed at 9g. This blend consists of a 10:1:1 ratio of the bcaas leucine, valine, and isoleucine. There is also the addition of glutamine and HICA. Again, not a fan of the blend since you don't know the exact dosage of each ingredient, but the profile of the blend itself looks solid with these ingredients.

The second blend is the vitamin and mineral electrolyte balancing blend at 752mg. This blend includes vitamins B-12, D, nd C along with some added magnesium, potassium, and vitamin B6. I didn't care much for this blend since I supplement my electrolytes from other sources. Still, an addition never hurt, just needs to be accurately dosed.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I enjoyed the tropical berry flavor quite a bit. Not too sweet and it had a refreshing smoothness to it. The product's mixed well in water and sprots drinks without any undissolved grit or clumps.

While I've used amino acids at varying times, this one in particular I used solely for post workout supplementation since I thought the addition of HICA and L-glutamine would make the product more favorable during this time. I combined one scoop in either water or a sports drink and consumed immediately post workout. On non-training days, I downed a serving sometime in the evening on an empty stomach, most often prior to bedtime.

----Effectiveness----

Sustainall did a great job improving my recovery time despite some doubts I had concerning the blends and under-dosing. Provided that I got in all of my necessary dietary intake goals and plenty of sleep, I had a lot less DOMS on both training days themselves and the proceeding mornings afterwards. I was less lethargic after my workouts and felt more recuperated and ready for the next training session on each proceeding day. Also had a little bit of a prolonged gym pump after my workouts, though this was not an overly significant benefits. Still, any increase in the post workout gym pump you get is welcomed.

----Value----

Unless I overlooked in an area, the only place where you can buy Sustainall is through Strike First Nutrition's home website at 49.99 a tub. You do get a full 30 month supply, but given the price range for most other well-known BCAAs products with similar ingredients and supply per container, this is somewhat excessively high a price in my opinion. The product is effective to a admirable degree, but considering cheaper known options, this seems like an investment that would not be something I would be frequent on. Should it become more widely available, the price hopefully will come down.

----Conclusion----

In conclusion, while the price tag and use of blends are two notable flaws of this product, I feel that Sustainall is a BCAAs product definitely worth a try. It helps to enhance recovery and support anabolism in order to help ignite gains and keep that limiting DOMS and fatigue at bay. Just be sure to try to get it on sale.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Versatile
  • Improves Recovery
  • Blends

What?!?!?! I'm reviewing a product that I actually had to pay for?!?! LOL

What?!?!?! I'm reviewing a product that I actually had to pay for?!?! LOL

Humor aside, I thought it would be a good idea to expand the SR.com horizon by reviewing a product I've been using for a quite a long time to help me fulfill my macro needs, but in a more realistic wholesome food approach. That product is Nuts n' More Peanut Butter. Anyone who read my past reviews on Bell Plantation and MyProtein peanut butter may already know that I love me some peanut butter. I don't eat peanut butter every single day of the week but having it as a diet staple is always a good idea when trying to keep your caloric intake frequent, but still clean. Of course, that's provided you have no peanut allergies.

----Ingredient Profile----

Since it's peanut butter, as you can already guess, the first primary ingredient is peanuts. Each 2 tbsp serving also contains 12g of protein derived from both the peanuts themselves and some additional whey protein isolate. Nuts n' more also adds organic flax seeds as a source of omega-3 fatty acids. My one complaint is the use of xylitol. I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners of any kind, though xylitol I guess is one of the more less adverse ones in my opinion. Still, the key is to be cautious on consumption quantity.

Each serving gives you 10g of fat, mostly healthy fats, and 180 total calories. These are some things to keep in mind depending on your caloric quotas.

Worth noting that there is also a chocolate and toffee crunch variety and I've used those as well, but the profiles don't differ to a significant degree.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Simply put, if you like peanut butter, than you'll enjoy the taste of nuts n more peanut butter. It's rich, filling, natural, and the crunch of the flax seeds is enjoyable. If you get that the other flavor varieties they are pretty enjoyable as well.

How often you use it depends again on how much your caloric intake for the day is set at. For me, I'll usually make sandwiches with this stuff, but I've also eaten it with crackers, added it to shakes at times, and eaten it straight out of the jar. Usually, I like to keep my servings to no more than once a day and often it's in the morning where the extra calories and protein will help give my body some extra fuel to stave off hunger.

----Effectiveness----

Well....it's food. We all need food to survive so it's definitely effective at that. Speaking from the athlete's point of view, like good natural peanut butter in general, nuts n more peanut butter acts as a great addition to your diet regimen when you need to supplement your macros in a cleaner and healthier way. It helps you to stay full and focused throughout the day and ensures you have more fuel for the gym come time to hit the iron. Just be sure you stay conscious about how often you consume it as the calories can sneak up on you.

----Value----

You can purchase a 16oz jar at about 8.49 at most online retailers. Amazon once carried it at a cheaper price, but I can't seem to find it on that website anymore, unless maybe I'm looking in the wrong category. In either case, each jar can last you about a month give or take a week. it all depends on how often you consume it. I don't consume peanut butter everyday, so I'm usually able to make the jar last. Giving the product's usefulness and quality, I'd say it's a good investment.

----Side Effects----
none as long as you don't have allergies...(and a glass of milk to wash it down)

----Conclusion----

If you like peanut butter and are a regular user of it, give nuts n more peanut butter a try. Be creative with how you eat it, but just be smart so the calories don't add up too much on you. Also, don't hesitate to try the other flavors as well, as they are great too.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tasty Peanut Butter
  • Compliments Other Foods Well
  • Can Be Expensive If Consumed Too Often

(Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!)

----Introduction----

A special thanks to Catalyst By Strength.com for their participation in the ER/TROOPs program. Today, I discuss my experiences with their protein supplement Catalyst whey, which I'll just call Catalyst. Protein.....the prime foundation staple of many of our supplement regimens. Regardless what your fitness goals are geared towards, there is always an area where supplementing with some extra protein can be a necessity. Of course, nothing beats good wholesome food, but having a protein supplement on hand is always good reassurance. There are so many protein supplements out there that it seems like we're are usually never content with just one. For me, when choosing a good protein product, I like the cleanest and highest quality that I can get, as do most of us.

So how does Catalyst hold up to these demands?

----Ingredient Profile----

As with most protein products the profile is very straightforwards. Each scoop provides 24g of whey protein comprised of a combination of both isolate and concentrate. There is also 2g of sugar, 3g of carbohydrates, and 110 total calories.

The attraction point of Catalyst is that the whey source used is derived from grass-fed cows. Milk derived from grass-fed cows is said to have higher bioavailable nutrient content and contain higher levels of CLA with a more complete amino acid profile.

Worth noting that Catalyst whey also contains a small amount of dextrose and is sweetened with stevia.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received th Belgian Chocolate flavored and found it enjoyable. Though, it's definitely more enjoyable in milk than water. It mixed fine for me regardless how I prepared it and didn't leave any large undissolved globs.

Dosing with protein supplements depends solely on how much protein you need in a day. Me personally, I took 2 servings on training days, one in the morning and one sometime post workout following amino acids and creatine. On non training days, I would take one serving usually in the morning.

----Effectiveness----

As I explained in previous reviews of other proteins, how you gauge efficacy depends on how you feel it helped meet your protein requirements. Catalyst whey did a great job in providing me with the extra amounts of high quality protein I needed throughout the day and helped keep my recovery on peak. The great taste, convenience, and quality of Catalyst made meeting protein quotas more enjoyable and accomplished.

The extra CLA content is said to aid in fat loss, but my diet right now is not geared towards that so I can't comment on the benefits in those areas. Potentially, it can help in weight loss with diet and training in check given that it's low calories and doesn't add a lot of extra carbs or sugar to your intake.

----Value----

The cheapest I found Catalyst whey was around 35 dollars on amazon, though I don't know if it's still currently available on the site. Considering that's for a 2lbs bag that may last you upwards of a month and that the protein is very good quality and consistency, I'd say that's not bad a price. The drawback though is that if you use multiple servings, this price can eventually begin to add up.

----Conclusion----

Catalyst whey is definitely a whey protein supplement I would recommend to anybody who wants to include a high quality, good tasting, well balanced protein supplement into their regimen in order to keep macro quotas in check. Be sure you're getting most of your nutrients from good food and as always keep your training in check. Also, try to catch this product on sale deals since the price tag can add up depending on how often you use protein supplements.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Great Tasting
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • Slightly Expensive

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

A special thanks to VMI for participating in the SR TROOPS/ER program. Today, I discuss their bulk Agmapure product. Agmatine sulfate has become the foundation of quality pump enhancing ingredients. At the right dosage and intensive training regimen, nothing seems to work better than good pure agmatine sulfate.

One simple ingredient:

Each scoop contains 500mg of straight up agmatine sulfate. In addition to pumps, agmapure has also been demonstrated to have positive effects of anabolic hormone levels and glucose metabolism.

Let's be...

One simple ingredient:

Let's be honest though, the increased pumps and vascularity are what most if not all of us look for when taking agmatine sulfate.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

The powder seems flavorless but I wouldn't know since I was always combining servings into plavored pre-workouts.

It mixed well within any liquid preparations I made and I had no problems with clumping or undissolved material.

The effective dose of agmatine can range between 1-3g in most users. Me personally, I enjoy 2g a day. With VMI's agmapoure, I combined two scoops into a pre-workout, adding a full gram to the agmatine that was already in the pre workout product itself, yielding my desired dosage.

----Effectiveness----

Speaking solely on the pump aspect of agmatine, I got some improved solid pumps and vascualrity from this product. My trained muscles felt much fuller and I had some serious veins popping everywhere.

Also, it seemed to provide a little extra endurance for my cardio sessions, so that's always a plus.

Not much more to say on top of that considering I'm only reviewing a single ingredients.

----Value----

The cheapest I found agmapure was 20 dollars. You get 60 500mg servings in each tub, so depending on how much you use, this tub can last anywhere between 1-2 months. I personally think this is a great value given agmapure's results and benefits.

----Conclusion----

Plain and simple, if you knowingly have good experiences with agmatine sulfate, VMI's agmapure is a solid bulk product to add to your pre-workout regimen to ensure you get those long sought after pumps and vascularity. Just be cautions how much you're taking and be aware of any agmatine your pre-workout may already have to ensure you're getting enough, but not too much.

TRAIN HARD