WarMachine

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  August 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Increase
  • Minimal Increase In Gym Aggression

A special thanks to TBN labs for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their testosterone booster Bionic Test. Lets face it guys, testosterone is king. It gives us the alpha drive we need in order to perform both in the gym and in the bedroom, among other functions. At the same time, our levels of testosterone are influenced by nearly every factor in everyday life from what we eat, daily living activities, age, etc. It doesn't hurt to give our test levels a little help every now and then from a natural aspect. I've used some test boosting products in the past and when I do I look for efficacy in libido, drive, aggression, and potentially anything else that may carry over to gym performance.

The ingredient profile starts consists of not one, but two prop blends (UGH!!!), and a separate ingredient dosed independently.

The first blend is Red Blood Cells Volumizing Blend dosed at a total of 50mg containing wheat greass, folic acid, Vitamin B12, dried spinach, and chlorophylls and oyster shells. I've seen these ingredients in some pre workouts and pump products I've used so I can vouch for their benefits. Only problem is that at a blend of only 50mg, clearly, these are all under-dosed significantly.

The next blend is the Libido Volumizing blend dosed at a total of 500mg Leuza carthomoides (herb extract believed to have adaptogenic properties), Bulbine Natalensis (5:1), Horny goat weed (20% Icariin), Tribulus, Mucuna Pruriens (l-dopa), Maca extract, Ant extract and Xanthopamellia scabrosa extract, and piperine. Again, we've got some significant under-dosing here.

Finally we have 7-methoxyflavone (Anti Aromatase Properties), at 75mg. Probably the only properly dosed ingredient in this profile.

Plenty of promising ingredients, but sadly, at inefficient dosages for most of them.

TBN Labs recommends 1-3 capsules a day depending on your goals. One capsule is recommended for cutting phases while 2-3 caps for bulking phases. Though, given the profile and the dosages of the ingredients I think any user regardless of goals would want at least 2 caps.

Knowing that the product wouldn't last long if I immediately went to the max dosage I tried one capsule on the first two days. One capsule did next to nothing for me so I bumped it up to two capsules for the next few days. I got a little bit more of a boost, but still nothing significant. Finally I went up to the max three capsule dosage and that seemed to be the sweet spot effective wise.

So my dosage protocol was 3 caps spread through the day.

I will give the product the benefit of the doubt and predict that had I been able to run it for a longer duration I would've seen more benefits. Nonetheless, at max dosage of three capsules, I saw very few effects.

Libido (7/10): I did get a relatively good boost in my libido. I had more frequent erections and had a stronger overall sex drive. This seemed like the only significant area Bionic Test shined.

Aggression (2/10): I did not see much in the line of aggression. I had occasional modest boosts during some of my workouts, but for the most part, I didn't have any increased "alpha dominant" feel or mindset.

Pump/Vascularity (1/10): I experienced next to nothing when it came to pump. Vascularity was pretty much unaffected and I saw a very slight improvement in overall pump and muscle fullness that was limited to only drop sets and extended I volume sets. Even then though, the improvement was short lived and occurred seldomly.

Strength/Mass (0/10): I saw no increase in strength and muscle mass to compliment any gains that I may have gotten from my general routine workouts. I never expect huge gains in this area from a test booster, but at the very least I usually get some increase in recovery and endurance allowing me to crank out more intensive sets. Bionic test however, gave me no such benefit.

This is where the product loses significant points. Bionic test is currently only available via TBN labs own website for 57.75. For a product with little effectiveness and will only potentially last a couple of weeks, unless you take only one capsule a day, that is far too steep a price. For a similar price, it would be a better investment in other OTC, more effective test boosters or perhaps even just some standalone herbal test boosters like tongkat ali or fenugreek.

Side Effects

Conclusion

The major things that I believe can be improved with this product include the following:

1. Larger bottle size to last at least a month if a full three capsules is to be taken

2. A higher dosage quantity of ingredients or at least of the overall prop blends

3. A lower price

With this in mind, Bionic test simply was not significantly effective for me. The libido boost was nice, but if that is all you desire from a test booster, much cheaper options would be a better investment. Other than that, I would not recommend Bionic test over other t-boosters I've used. Should the product be improved based on the flaws I listed above, I would consider it worth a try, but until then, try something else.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  August 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Versatile
  • Better Recovery
  • Ok Value
  • More Reps
  • Use Of Dyes
  • Use Of Artificial Sweeteners

A special thanks to UXO Supplements for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their BCAAs product, BCAA Blast. Amino acids as we know are the building blocks of all of our living tissue. Particularly with BCAAs, we are concerned about their influence on muscle tissue. From my experience, the use of BCAAs is very versatile and I've found that supplementing with them helps mainly in recovery. However, I've also found them useful in reducing intra workout fatigue, supporting endurance, and giving a clean boost of energy.

So how does BCAAs blast stand ...

So how does BCAAs blast stand up?

The profile is quite basic in accordance to what you'd expect from a BCAA product.

Each serving contains a 2:1:1 ratio of the BCAAs leucine, isoleucine, and valine. The dosages are leucine at 3g, isoleucine 1.5g, and valine at 1.5g. There is also the addition of some electrolytes including potassium at 40mg, sodium 20mg, and vitamin B6 2.5mg.

Overall, it's a straightforward profile in what you'd expect to see in a basic BCAA supplement. I will add that it does contain artificial sweeteners and dyes, which none of us are fond of, so that does deduct some points from my rating.

BCAA Blast comes in one flavor, grape explosion. I found it to be good. It didn't have any bad aftertaste or unpleasant tartness. It wasn't too sweet either provided you used enough water.

Mixability is a bit inconsistent. The label does note that the powder may take some time to dissolve, but even when I did give it an extra second or two, it still left some minor undissolved grit.

For dosing, I did some experimenting to see where it would come in the most use. I tried it mainly intra and post workout. I would take a scoop and mix it with some G2 or Powerade Zero and sip it during my workout for my intra workout dosage. For a post workout, I combined one scoop with water and downed it immediately following my workout. I didn't use two dosages everyday because I wanted the product to last at least the allotted time to verify full container usage. On non-training days, I took one serving sometime in the afternoon.

As an intra workout supplement, it helped reduce my fatigue and rest time between sets and individual workout movements, allowing me to bang out more sets with some heavier weight at times. The extra electrolytes did my body some good in the hydration department since the extra high volume sets had me setting plenty more. In all, it was notably effective as an intra workout supplement. Energy also seemed more consistent and sustained.

As a post workout supplement, provided I did get in my planned protein and other meal nutrition requirements sometime following the dosage, BCAA Blast did help jump start my recovery pretty well. I felt less "gassed out" after my workouts and my DOMS the next day was moderately less. In all, BCAA Blast also hit the mark in this area as well.

Of the two areas, I think it was best used intra workout for me. The overall fatigue reduction and extra hydration from the electrolytes made a significant difference on several workout intervals and helped enhance my endurance and strength on volume sets overtime. For recovery, while it did help, I think I would save the recovery window for something like creatine or just a protein supplement in this case, if I had a choice as to when to use BCAA Blast. It will depend solely on individual users' preferences.

BCAA Blast is not widely available. Unless I missed something, it is only available on UXO's website at 34.99. For a tub consisting of 33 servings, that isn't too bad a price, but I would definitely want to subscribe for some discount coupons or specials if I were to become a regular user of this product. Overall, an ok value, but look out for sales.

Conclusion

BCAA Blast is a very good general BCAAs product overall. You will have to do some experimenting with the dosage protocol to see when it works for you best, but it can potentially help reduce fatigue, improve recovery, boost endurance, and provide extra hydration. The only thing I could do without, though, are the dyes and sweeteners. Just keep an eye out for sales and deals if you wish to use this regularly.

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
  August 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Enhanced Focus
  • Cognition Benefits
  • Cheap
  • Natural
  • Takes Some Time To See Benefits
  • Higher Dosage Required For Bigger Individuals

A special thanks to Nature Restore for once again participating in the SR.com TROOPs program. Today, I discuss my experience with their herbal product Gotu Kola. Gotu Kola is an interesting herb studied to have several benefits that aid both the mind and body. Whenever I take herbal supplements, I always do a little research on them if I am unfamiliar with their precise effects. Gotu Kola is something I never supplemented with before, but I was interested in trying it after researching its cognitive and healing enhancement properties.

...

As one would've have guessed, this product has one ingredients:

Each capsule contains 500mg of Gotu Kola, standardized at 10% of active compounds called Triterpenes. Triterpenes are the chemical compounds found in several known medicinal plants and are often the compounds responsible for the plant's benefits. These compounds are known for have anti-inflammatory, regenerative, immune enhancement, and neuroprotective properties.

In the case of Gotu Kola, its most well studied benefits relate to its cognitive enhancing properties. It is said to have a calming and protective effect on neuron cells in the brain. In addition, the anti-inflammatory properties can help soothe both mental and physical fatigue.

Gotu kola is also known for its ability to speed up wound healing. It supposedly is able to do this by inhibiting the enzymes responsible for the breakdown of collagen, while stimulating it's production.

Lastly, Gotu Kola has been suggested to have immunity enhancement and blood circulation improvement properties as well.

After doing some additional research I found that the dosage of Gotu Kola can range from anywhere to 500mg-4,000mg daily. Seems like quite a lot, but as it is always recommended, start with the lowest dosage first.

For me, I decided the best course of dosage for the benefits was to take two capsules daily with food, totaling 1,000mg daily for me. Typically, that may seem like an under-dosing, but I would guess the exceptionally high dosages would be recommended for those more susceptible to cognitive decline and discrepancies in wound recovery such as the elderly or the immunocompromised. Furthermore, I would guess that those higher dosages would result in more immediate results, but that's just a theory.

If you follow a lower dosing protocol like myself, you'll want to be patient with this product as the benefits could take about two weeks to notice.

Within two weeks, I did experience an improvement mainly in my focus, similar to when I am on a nootropic. My workouts were less distracted an I had a more sharpened mindset towards each weight lifting objective. I was also less stressed out even during extended work hours and unexpected inconveniences that would occur. Therefore, I can say the calming benefits were also there. I was also sleeping a bit better too.

As for wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties, i did notice I was recovering somewhat better since I had moderately less fatigue and reduced DOMS. Though, it paled in comparison to a primary post workout or recovery product. I couldn't really assess the wound regeneration properties since I didn't have any pre-existing significant wounds. I did have some scratches and a few knicks here and there that did seem to heal an become less visible a bit quicker, so I can say it did in fact show some benefit here.

I never got sick, ill, or had any bogged down sort of feelings while on Gotu Kola so the immunity enhancement benefits were prominent for the most part.

At 12.95 a bottle, Gotu Kola is pretty cheap, and a good investment to experiment in if you'd like to gain cognitive enhancement benefits as well as a few select other benefits in a more natural way. If you do dose in the more higher range, it could become a tad pricey in the long run depending on how much you need. Other than that, though, an inexpensive and effective product to give a try.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As I mentioned, like all herbal supplements, this product has its potential benefits and individual results will vary. Once you find your sweet spot dosage, Gotu Kola will help to improve focus, recovery, and immune system properties. Be sure you do some experimenting with the dosing, start with the lowest dosage, and be patient as it may take some time to see benefits.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to The Genius Brand for sending it out!
  July 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Artifical Flavor And Dye Free
  • Surprising Focus
  • Strong Endurance
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Mental Clairity
  • GMP
  • Excellent Energy
  • Costly
  • More Servings Needed
  • Lack Of Pump

A thanks to The Genius Brand for their participation here on SR.com and apologies for the slight tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with their stim-free pwo, Genius Pre-workout (GPW). While we all enjoy the rush we get from most of today's most common popular pre workout formulations, occasionally we need some time off from the stimulants in order to avoid tolerance buildup and support adrenal health. That's when we stim-free pwo's come in handy. I was in the home stretch of a stim break when I began using GPW, so it couldn't have come at a better time.

GPW contains a fully disclosed profile without any random dosed prop blends, which always equals bonus points from me. The profile contains no stimulants, as you may have already guessed, but still has plenty of well known ingredients that support the pre-workout area of needs.

The pre workouts consists of 6g of l-citrulline malate, 3g of beta alanine, 2g of betaine, 1g of l-tyrosine, 1g of L-arginine, 1g of taurine, 600mg of alpha gpc, 500mg of HICA, 100mg of rhodiola rosea, 150mg of Malus Domesticus (apple fruit extract), 30mg of theobromine, 25mg of AstraGin, and 10mg of Huperzine A.

Overall, a solid ingredient profile for an effective stim-free formulation. The only thing I'd like to see is a little higher dosages og the L-arginine and taurine. Lastly, the product contains no artificial flavorings, dyes, or sweeteners which is always a big time plus.

GPW comes in one flavor as of now, cherry limeade. I found both the taste and mixability satisfying. The taste wasn't too sweet or sour and had no chemical aftertastes or aroma. The product mixed very well in water without any problems with undissolved grit or clumps.

I took two scoops mixed with some water about 20 minutes before hitting the iron.

I was very surprised as to how effective this product was considering that it contained no stimulants.

Energy (7/10): I wasn't expecting an huge surge of energy similar to that of a stim containing pwo, nonetheless, GPW delivered a solid, clean, and and decently strong input of energy that had my gears going all throughout my workout, without any crash.

Pump (5/10): I saw only moderate benefits here, but did at least notice some decent pump at times, usually with high volume sets. The pumps were not intense, but noticeable at best. Vascularity was slightly improved.

Focus (7/10): Focus was much improved with GPW and I found that I wasn't distracted much during my workouts. I had that characteristic tunnel vision, "stay on target" mindset that often get with nootropic products that allow me to be more consistent in obtaining my goals for each workout.

Endurance (7/10): Thanks mainly to the beta alanine, HICA, and L-citrulline malate, I was less fatigued in between sets and I had more stamina during my usual HIIT cardio and boxing sessions. My time under tension heavy deadlift and squat intervals were also more intense and I found myself resting for less time between sets.

Overall, GWP delivered in most areas with the exception of pump. Being that it is stim-free, I was very satisfied with the benefits I did receive with this product and it truly stood up in comparison to other stim-free pwo formulations I've used.

I found this at 37.99 on amazon, but the standard retail price is 40 dollars. Each tub comes with 20 servings, which may or may not last you a whole month depending on how often train. Most typically, many users will workout 5-6 days a week. I train in that frequency so that meant the product would last about a full month, but other users who train more frequently will find this product running out quicker. Overall though, regardless how often you train, given that GPW is highly effective as a stim-free pwo, I'd say that this is a good, not the best, but still good value for a product of this nature.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles, but who cares about that....

Conclusion

In conclusion, if you need a break from stims, or simply don't like high dose stimulant pwo products, Genius Pre-Workout is a great option that will help give you clean energy, improved focus, and heightened endurance to help you power through any and all workouts. Be sure to be on the lookout for sales.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to IdealRaw for sending it out!
  July 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Feeling Of Well-being
  • Immune System Support
  • Dairy
  • Soy
  • And Gluten Free

A special thanks to IdealRaw for their participation here on SR.com. Also, an apology for the tardiness of this review, I've been getting a little back tracked due to post collegiate matters. Now that all is settled, today I discuss my experiences with IdealRaw's organic superfood powder. In any well balanced diet, fruits and veggies are mandatory staples in order to keep weight in check and support good overall general health. Sometimes though, we may not get the recommended daily allowance depending on how we may design our meal plans accordingly to our fitness goals. That;s when products such as this can lend a helping hand.

Now basically, organic superfood powder as you can imagine is a blend of several fruits and vegetables in what you could consider a prop blend. Normally, I would dock points for this, but considering the nature of this product and what it is as a blend of superfoods, you wouldn't exactly expect the manufacturers to individually list how much of each fruit and vegetable is in the product. So, I'll let the prop blend fault pass on this.

Organic Superfood contains a blend consisting of 12 fruits and vegetables including carrot, beet, spinach, tomato, broccoli, orange, apple, shiitake mushrooms, cherry, cranberry, blueberry, and strawberry. These fruits and vegetables add plenty of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to support overall well being. There are also added vitamins C and E.

Organic Superfood also provides 6g of plant based protein derived from pea, flaxseed, chia seed, hemp, and quinoa. Lastly, there is an added vitamin B-complex and green tea extract for added metabolism support and additional antioxidant benefits.

Each two scoop serving provides a mere 45 calories, 5g of carbs, and 2g of sugar. The product is free of dairy, soy, and gluten.

I've had superfood/greens powder supplements in the past and they haven't been the best tasting, to say the least. Organic Superfood on the other hand didn't give me this problem. In fact, it was nearly tasteless. The only taste that I was able to make out when taken alone was a very faint nuttiness with a little bit of an earthy aroma. I didn't find this unpleasant at all in comparison to the taste of past products. Furthermore, because I would often mix this in as part of shakes, I pretty much never tastes it at all as part of the mixture.

It mixed perfectly fine whether alone or as an additive into my shakes.

For my preference of dosing, I combined two scoops usually with a protein shake mixed with water or milk. On training days, I took it as part of an evening protein shake combination and on non-training days, I took it in the morning combined with a morning shake.

Being that I used this primarily as a way to help compliment my intake of my daily essential fruits and vegetables along with antioxidants and b-vitamins, I found Organic Superfood to be highly effective at doing just that. While I do follow an overall healthy and plentiful diet, getting in these extra nutrients made a notable difference in my overall health and well-being.

I felt healthier with more energy in the mornings and I actually noticed it did help with post workout recovery on my training somewhat. DOMS and lethargy were reduced to a moderate degree. I am sure it was the extra bit of protein that helped mostly with that.

More importantly, I enjoyed how this product seemed to help give my immune system an extra kick. While I was taking Defense during most of Superfood's run, I still felt that it made a difference in ensuring I was less susceptible to contracting any illnesses.

You'll find a full 30 month supply of IdealRaw Superfood on IdealRaw's own website at 25 dollars. I feel that this is a great value if you are a regular user requiring some more of the good stuff you need to support your overall health and nutritional balance.

Side Effects

Conclusion

To put it plain and simple, if you follow a health diet with plenty of the essential micros and macros, but could still use a little help meeting your nutritional needs, IdealRaw's Superfood is a product worth looking into. Combine two scoops with your shakes, smoothies, or just take it straight with water and you'll be powering up your body with more of the essentials it needs.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to IdealRaw for sending it out!
      July 22, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Immunity Enhancement
    • Gut Health Support

A special thanks to IdealRaw for allowing us the opportunity to try out and review their products. Today, I discuss my experience with their immune enhancement supplement Defense. Getting sick sucks....or at least it seems most of the time we get ill at the most inconvenient of times. Truth be told, whether it'd be the common cold bug or something more serious, nobody wants to deal with illnesses because of the interference they can cause with daily life. Not to mention, trying to bang out a workout while battling an illnesses isn't the most pleasant of experiences. Practicing a diet rich in all the essential vitamins and antioxidants, along with all the other necessities, is the best way to keep out immune defenses solid and running. Of course, it doesn't hurt to give them a little boost every now and then, so that's when products like Defense come into play.

Defense contains a fully disclosed and extensive profile consisting of ingredients that can strengthen immune response, support natural inflammatory responses, aid with stress management, and improve gut health. The profile begins with 200mg of vitamin C, 25mg of vitamin E, 50mg of zinc, and 200mcg of selenium.

Continuing down the profile, we see 400mg of 4:1 tumeric, 400mg of beta glucan, 200mg of ashwaganda, 100mg of Reishi mushroom, 100mg of Shitake mushroom, 100mg of Maitake mushroom, 100mg of astragalus, 100mg of echinacea, 50mg of 4:1 ginger root extract, 25mg of 10:1 elder berry extract, 10mg of bioperine, and finally a probiotics inclusion of two cultures consisting of Lactobacillus Rihamnosus at 7.5 billion CFU and B-Bifidum at 2.5 billion CFU.

I don't think I need to go into in-depth detail about any of these ingredients since all of us has seen them at one point or another. As we know, a majority of these ingredients are known for their immunity enhancement properties. Tumeric, echinacea, the included vitamins and minerals, elder berry, and the included mushroom extracts are well known for improving immunity response and having health promoting properties associated with improving the function of vital organs such as the heart and liver. Ashwaganda and ginger root are effective adaptogens that help reduce cortisol and help mitigate stress response. The probiotics of course are for gut health, but also these "good" bacteria are important immune factors that help drive immunity processes.

My only complaint is that I believe that some of these ingredients could be dosed a little higher. The vitamin C for example would be better at 500mg and ingredients such as the mushroom extracts and ashwaganda could be up ticked maybe 100-200mg higher.

The directions advise 3 capsules preferably with your largest meal. For me, I took 3 caps with my final meal of the day, which was usually dinner. You could spread the caps out, I suppose, but I just found it more convenient to take all 3 at once.

When talking about the effectiveness about an immunity enhancement supplement, obviously, the one thing you would gauge efficacy on is whether or not you truly "felt" healthier while on it in terms of perhaps how you did not contract any illnesses or how you may have gotten over one quicker.

For me, while on Defense, I never became ill and I truly felt healthier and less stressed. I had more natural energy and focus thanks to the adaptogens and I did not feel ill or sluggish at any point while taking Defense. I sometimes don't get enough sleep so that can make me more susceptible to illness and stress. I felt that Defense helped reduce the "lack of rest" lethargic stress response I would sometimes get and made a difference in helping to keep me from getting sick.

The probiotics did a great job in helping to keep me regular. I was having occasional extra, large bowel movements and I had less gastric disturbances from heavy meals.

IdealRaw offers Defense for 22 dollars a bottle. However, they also offer quantity deals where buying more than one bottle, two or three, will allow for a small discounted bulk price. The deals include two bottles for 40 dollars and three bottles for 60 dollars. Considering each bottle lasts a month and that Defense does a great job supporting your overall health, I think this is a very good deal if you are someone who uses immune enhancement supplements frequently.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you wanna take your immune system to the gym and give it strength to fight off those nasty illness bugs, Defense is a product that can do just that. It can also help with stress and keep your plumbing in good working order. Just be sure the majority of the good stuff you need is coming from your diet.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to IdealFit for sending it out!
        July 19, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Versatile
      • Taste Great
      • Can Help With Weight Loss
      • Thermo Effect
      • Little Pricey
      • Included Prop Blend

A thanks to Idealfit for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their BCAAs product IdealLean Bcaas. BCAAs have always been a useful staple in my supplement artillery. The versatility of BCAAs has allowed me to find use in almost all areas of training including energy for pre workout, endurance intra workout, and recovery post workout. When I entered my recomp/cutting phase sometime back, I capitalized on my opportunity to try this product since I figured something aimed at helping users to lean out while getting all the benefits of BCAAs was most attractive.

Each serving contains zero carbs, calories, sugars, and fats. This is definitely favorable for a weight loss regime.

On to the main ingredients, IdealLean BCAAs begins with some B-vitamins and magnesium.

Following that is a proprietary blend consisting of a 310mg quantity dosing the following ingredients:

Phosphatidylserine
      Green Tea Ectract
      CLA
      ThermoDiamine

Phosphatidylserine is most known for its ability to modulate cortisol to more favorable levels, creating a more anabolic and fat-buring capable environment. It is also known as the "brain nutrient" for its ability to enhance glucose metabolism by the brain, therefore increasing cognitive functioning and mood.

Green tea extract is a source of EGCG, which is both a potent anti-oxidant and metabolic enhancer.

CLA helps the body to better utilize fat for energy, though there are some conflicting studies that have challenged this claim.

ThermoDiamine, or evodiamine, is an extract from a genus of plant species known as tetradium. It is demonstrated to have both thermogenic and stimulatory effects. It is also suggested to have an effect on the neurotransmitter serotonin by increasing transporters and thus its reuptake.

My gripe here as you can imagine is the prop blend. At 310mg, no doubt that all of these ingredients are significantly under-dosed.

Moving further down the profile we have a 2:1:1 ratio of the BCAAs, 1g of citrulline malate, 1g of L-glutamine, and 1g of coconut water powder.

Aside of the prop blend, this is a satisfactory profile.

I chose the iced mocha latte flavor because being a New Englander who loves his iced coffee, this is the flavor that screamed out to me. I have no regrets as this was one of the tastiest flavors I've ever had in a BCAAs product. It tasted literally just like an iced mocha latte. If I made a preparation of this in a glass with a straw over some ice and gave it to you and said it was a mocha latte from dunkin donuts, you wouldn't know the difference.

The preparation mixed just fine and I had no problems with undissolved clumps or grit

Considering this product was formulated to provide some thermo and stimulatory effects, even though minor at best, I used this primarily post workout. I consumed a serving about 15 minutes pre workout. On non-training days, I took a serving about 30 minutes before breakfast.

Now I know in the intro I mentioned how I use BCAAs in several areas, but when they contain some extra ingredients you have to judge for yourself where and when it would benefit you the best. So since I used this as a pre workout booster, that is what I will base my review on.

I noticed a clean, modest increase in my energy along with a noticeable thermogenic effect. The thermo effect wasn't intense, but I was sweating more and had a moderate "burn" feeling in my core during my more high intensity intervals with both cardio and weight training. I also had some increased endurance and my recovery between sets was better with less fatigue and a decrease in the amount of time I needed to regroup for the proceeding sets.

I enjoyed how the product seemed to give me benefits, even if to a moderate degree, in all areas despite only using pre workout. I would've used additional servings, but I didn't want the product to run out too quickly. If I should use this again, I will consider multiple servings, one pre, intra, and post.

The lowest price I found is from Idealfit's own website at 33.99 for a 30 serving tub. That does seem a little pricey depending on how many servings you plan on using daily. Then again, that's the case with a majority of BCAAs products depending on the quantity of BCAAs the product may provide. Still, for the product's efficacy and how it is favorably formulated for those of us looking to maintain and efficient weight loss regimen, i'd say this a good value overall. Idealfit will most likely have sales and specials in the near future so i would look out for those.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If your looking for a great tasting and effective BCAAs product that will fit into and aid your weight loss fitness goals, Idealfit's IdealLean BCAAs is a product you'll want to give a try. I do recommend playing around with the dosage to find your ideal sweet spot and what area is does benefit you the most. The only improvement I would make to the product is getting rid of the prop blend and keeping the ingredients but increasing their dosage quantities to more favorable levels. This would probably raise the price, but I believe these adjustments would greatly enhance the product's effectiveness and therefore its value. Also, be on the lookout for sales from the website and I always conclude with, don't forget diet and training.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
        July 15, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Helps Burn Fat
      • Thermo Effect
      • Stim-Free Option

Another special thanks to RSP Nutrtion for providing their products for SR.com participants to try. In this review I discuss my experiences with Quadralean, RSP's stim-free fat burner supplement. When beach season rolls around, we all gotta do our best to try and make our bodies look their best. Unfortunately, stubborn fat sometimes just doesn't know when to get lost. That's when we seek the assistance of supplements to try and get that fat the hell out of there. Though, one thing users may not be the most fond of is the packed stims that most popular fat burners on today's market contain. So, stim-free alternatives like Quadralean is what the more "no stims for me" apt users reach for. I'm not one of those users, but when cycling off stims, products like this do help when on a cutting phase.

The profile is fully disclosed consisting of 5 primary ingredients.

These ingredients include 120 mcg of Chromium, 750mg of CLA, 500mg of Acetyl L-Carnitine hydrochloride, 250mg of green tea extract, and Aframomum Melegueta at 25 mg.

The only ingredient I had to do a little homework on was Aframomim Melegueta. Included as a source of a compound called paradoxine, paradoxine is a compound extracted from the plant also known as "grains of paradise". It is said to potentially aid in the prevention of fat storage and aid in activating brown adipose tissue in order to be metabolized for energy.

Other than that, the other ingredients should be well-known by now. CLA can aid in fat transport into cell mitochondria for metabolism, chromium boosts metabolism, green tea protects against oxidative stress and also promotes thermogensis, and finally acetyl l-carnitine has cognitive and energy enhancement properties as well as aiding the transport of fatty acids for metabolism.

The directions advise a total of 6 capsules per day divided into two 3 capsule servings taken on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before meals or exercise. On training days, I took 3 capsules 30 minutes before breakfast and another 3 capsules about an hour before training. On non-training days the first dose was the same an the second dose was taken about 30 minutes usually before my 4th meal, which is usually smaller than my other daily meals.

Just wanna note, while using quadralean, I was on a caloric deficit of about 2,000-2,1000 calories a day, no cheat days. In addition, my training was aimed mostly at fat loss consisting of my usual weight training intervals and intensive cardio sessions post workout. As I always say, you gotta have diet and training in sync if you want results.

With that being said, Quadralean did a very good job in helping me lose some extra fat. I noticed I was noticeably leaner around my midsection and areas of my back, shoulders, and legs looked more defined with visible striations. I also had increased energy during my workouts without any crash or dirty wired feelings that I may sometimes get if a product has excessive amounts of stimulants.

My appetite was better controlled and I was able to refrain from any potential unnecessary snacking throughout the day to combat hunger pangs. I also noticed I was getting full a little faster form my meals, allowing me better control to eat less when necessary.

Focus was also improved during workouts, thanks mostly I'm sure to the acetyl l-carnitine.

Lastly, I did get an acceptable thermo effect as I was sweating more and felt more of a "burn" in my core, usually during cardio or high volume training intervals.

Since I got the 50 servings bottle I am going to base my value analysis on that. Just a quick note, the 30 serving bottle I've seen for as low as 19.99 on amazon. The retail price for the 50 servings bottle is about 29.99. Bodybuilding.com has a "buy 2 get one free" deal currently going on right now. In either case, I think that this is a great value for a stim-free, effective fat burner.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want to lay off the stims for a little bit or just prefer the stim-free route of fat burners, quadralean is a great option for helping to shed those extra pounds, without the side effects of stim overload. As I will stress again, your diet and training need to be in strict order if you're gonna see any results from this, or any supplement in that regards. Also, stay hydrated as the thermo effect will have your sweating more.

GO RED SOX!!

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
          July 15, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increased Libido
        • Increased Alpha Male Feeling
        • A Little Strength And Mass Gains
        • Better Recovery
        • Spontaneous Erections Can Be Embarrassing
        • A Little Acne

A thanks to RSP Nutrition for their continued participation and support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their testosterone booster Prime-T. Guys, lets be honest, testosterone is king. It is the hormone that builds muscle, gives you the alpha feeling, and ensures your rocket has got the fuel to lift off when your woman wishes to blast off in the bedroom every night. I'm no stranger to t-boosters as I have tried several. Many were good, while some simply didn't deliver. Primarily, when I take t-boosters, in addition to heightened libido, I also look for increased aggression and any muscle benefits that would suggest anabolic support.

The profile is fully disclosed with plenty of well-known ingredients known for having favorable effects on testosterone levels. To avoid overly cluttered looking format, I am going to list the ingredients only, so please refer to the image of the label for full dosage disclosure.

Prime-T contains effective dosages of vitamin D, vitamin B3, folic acid, vitamin B12, zinc citrate, D-aspartic acid, fenugreek, maca, DIM, Safed Musli (velvet bean for l-dopa source), boron citrate, and bioperine.

I think by now, most if not all of us have seen these ingredients more than enough times to know their functions as they relate to higher t-levels. The included vitamins, zinc, DAA, fenugreek, maca, and safed musli are best known for helping to boost natural test levels directly. DIM and boron have been shown to aid in increasing test levels through estrogen reduction and SHGB inhibition, allowing more free testosterone.

The directions call for 4 pills taken 30-60 minutes before bedtime on an empty stomach. That's exactly how I did it, more specifically, I took 4 caps an hour before bed at least two hours after my last meal.

I'll use the category method on this one.

Libido (9/10): Yup, gotta start with the most immediate benefit with most t-boosters first. My libido was plenty high while on Prime-T. I had more frequent morning wood, stronger erections, and Mr.Johnson was definitely pulling in the overtime on this. (Sorry if this was TMI)

Aggression (8/10): When I say aggression, I'm referring to gym aggression, not the idea of being short tempered. I was pounding the iron with more juice and my resulting focus on my workouts was improved. I especially enjoyed the increased aggression during my boxing workouts. (Maybe I should challenge Mayweather while on this)

Pump (6/10): I wasn't expecting a pump from this, but I did notice some increased vascularity at times and a moderately improved swole feeling on my heavy compound lifts. This isn't something I normally get from t-boosters often, but it was a welcomed effect nonetheless.

Strength/Mass/Recovery (7/10): Truthfully, I give this a 7 because Prime-T showed some influence in all three. I did not gain any steroid like results, but I did notice my strength and mass creep up somewhat, mostly on my accessory and isolation movements. Recovery was also better, and my DOMS felt reduced while giving me some more natural energy in the morning. Also in terms of recovery, I noticed better sleep with Prime-T, so that would clearly aid recovery as well.

Overall, Prime-T has several positive influences, but of course don't expect anything overly phenomenal.

On amazon, Prime-T goes for 34.99 with free shipping. However, you can currently get Prime-T on a BOGO deal from BodyBuilding.com for 34.97, with shipping costs I'd presume. Depending on how long that sale goes on for, wither way, I say this is a really good value considering it's a full month's supply for an effective t-booster.

Side Effects

An occasional acne flare once or twice, but nothing general hygiene won't solve. In addition, you may get spontaneous erections at times and that could prove to be embarrassing depending on where you are.

Conclusion

If you're looking to give your man engines a boost, Prime-T will boost you plenty. You'll have increased libido, aggression, recovery, and as long as you got your training and diet in check, Prime-T may also help in the developing muscular strength and mass. Just be sure to conceal yourself well in the event Mr. Johnson decides to reach out for an unexpected high-five.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to IdealFit for sending it out!
          July 13, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Many Flavors
        • Chromax
        • Good Recovery
        • Low In Calories
        • And Fat
        • Carbs
        • 0 Sugar
        • Proprietary Recovery Blend
        • Needs Fiber

A special thanks to Idealfit for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss Ideal Lean protein. This particular protein is aimed specifically for those looking to achieve fat loss and weight management. It is also formulated to help suit the nutritional needs required mostly by women. Of course, that obviously is not to say only women can obtain results from this.

Each single scoop serving contains 80 calories, 20 g of protein derived from whey isolate, 400 IU of vitamin D, and small amounts of essential minerals. IdealLean is free of sugar, carbs, and fat. There is also a recovery/anti-oxidant blend consisting of glutamine, acai, mangosteen, and blueberry though the amount of these ingredients is not disclosed. Lastly, there's the addition of chromium, which plays a role in the metabolism of fat.

The one thing I find odd is the exclusion of dietary fiber. I would think that something aimed at a weight management dietary regimen would indeed contain some fiber since fiber plays a role in GI health and helps keep appetite at bay. Both of these benefits can play a significant role in the loss of fat.

Overall, a good profile, but I believe including some dietary fiber would be nice.

I received chocolate brownie and I enjoyed it without any complaints. It wasn't too sweet and had no aftertastes. I tried it water, milk, and almond and they all tasted great and mixed well without problems.

I used this on both training and non-training days primarily by taking a serving around the early afternoon. On training days, I would take it with my meal closest to pre workout and on non-training days, I'd take a serving anytime in the early and sometimes mid-afternoon.

Truthfully, I was not on any fat loss or weight reduction phases while taking this. Therefore, I was not using this primarily for those purposes, but rather for the same reasons I use any protein supplement. Those reasons being to help with recovery and help meet my protein requirements. The advantage to using IdealLean however, was that it's more weight loss friendly profile allowed me to additionally supplement my protein requirements without having to take in any additional excessive amounts of calories, fat, sugar, or carbs.

Using IdealLean improved my recovery and helped keep it to an optimal level. DOMS and fatigue from previous and following workouts were reduced to near absent levels and I had more natural energy through the day. The recovery blend I guess I would say, did have a helping hand in this despite not knowing the amount of each ingredient included in the blend.

The additional protein was useful in keeping hunger at bay and I didn't find myself experiencing any pangs throughout the day. The good though is that is did not totally kill my appetite, so I was still able to eat all of my meals without feeling too full.

The retail price for this product is 29.99 for a 30 serving tub. Given the quality and effectiveness of the product, I think that's a real good value if you need a more weight loss geared protein supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're in the process of trying to lose fat and manage an ideal weight while still keeping your protein requirements in check, I would recommend IdealLean protein. With only 80 calories and 0 fat, sugar, and carbs, this product is sure to be a favorable addition to any fat loss regimen. Be sure you're training and diet are optimal, as I always say.