WarMachine

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by WarMachine

Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Good Mixability
  • Convenient
  • Benefits Of Whey Protein And A Cup Of Joe
  • Needs More Servings

Muscle Nutrition Protein Coffee Drink Mix gives you a good helping of high quality whey, while also supplementing you with plenty of essential other nutrients. The added caffeine is a great bous to help give you a good energy boost when you need. The price though is something that is not a welcome sight.

A special thanks to Muscle Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Also, an apology for the tardiness of the review. Today, I discuss Protein Coffee Drink Mix. As the supplement industry's most dominant and widely used category of products, protein supplements have made their way into every fitness buff's regimen at one point or another. It's a great way to help keep your macros in check and support all goals. Every now and then, there comes a product with some nice added bonuses. Such bonuses may include the addition of caffeine, multiple protein sources, or some added digestive enzymes. Truth be told, good 'ol classic whey will always be around.

In the meantime, let's see how Protein Coffee Drink Mix stands up....

Each single scoop serving provides the following:

Firstly, each serving clocks in at 130 calories. In addition, we have 2.5g of total fat, 7g of carbs, and 3g of sugar. You also get a good amount of other essential vitamins and minerals.

Second, each serving provides 120mg of caffeine.

Lastly, the total protein serving is 20g in the form of whey protein.

In summary, we have a special protein supplement with some nice extras and doesn't have any unnecessary fats, sugars, unfavorable carbs, or sodium.

This has one flavor, which is a classic iced coffee flavor with a pleasant mocha-like added aroma. I found it to be very good in water, but it was especially good in milk and almond milk. I mixed it with chocolate whole milk at one instance and it was a true preparation of deliciousness.

It mixed fully and thoroughly in all liquids and methods without clumps or any other problems.

Being that this had caffeine, I had to be more prudent and flexible on when I used a serving since I didn't want to overdo my stim intake as added from other sources such as coffee or pre workouts. Also, I want to note that I did not take this every consecutive day during my duration of using the product. Therefore, it lasted me close to three weeks as opposed to two weeks given the 14 servings in each tub. Still, I wanted to take full advantage of the caffeine kick. On weekdays, I would take a serving in the morning mixed with either water, milk, or almond milk before my workshifts. I did not take it on weekends since I have weekends off. With the exception of one day where I had to work an overnight shift, I had to make sure not to take this too close to bedtime since the caffeine would interrupt my sleep.

First I will discuss the energy aspect. The "pick me up" I got from the caffeine was a much welcomed benefits as it helped me get through my workshifts more efficiently. In addition, the energy also helped me feel more "primed" for my training sessions later in the day.

Second I will discuss the general protein aspect. As I would want from protein supplements, Protein Coffee Drink Mix helped reduce the morning DOMS and lethargy I would experience in the mornings following previous day intense training sessions. It also helped prolong my satiety through the day, helping my energy stay consistent an reducing my likelihood of unnecessary snacking if the pangs did hit. This I especially liked because when working in Healthcare, these hunger pangs are not only bothersome, but are also unpredictable since you don't focus on such a thing.

This is where the product takes a significant hit. Firstly, when I was researching the value, I noticed when clicking on the link that connects to Muscle Nutrition's direct page to Protein Coffee Drink Mix, the product was not listed. So whether the retail price of 29.99 stands or not is unknown.

Regardless, I did find it on Amazon and it is in fact 29.99. However, there is a 15.99 shipping charge. That alone is unacceptable. Not considering that though, even if the shipping were free and 30 dollars was the set price, that is still not the best of values. For starters, at only 14 servings per tub, you'd probably be better off just drinking your coffee straight up and taking your whey protein separately. Or, simply make your "coffee" shake with some fresh ground coffee mix and protein. Furthermore, the value is hurt more considering that while on Amazon, I saw that similar caffeinated protein supplements that contain more servings. One such example is Optimum Nutrition's Protein Energy that goes for 16.99 for a bag that contains 52 single scoop servings. If you were to take two scoops to equate Muscle Nutrition's product, that is still more servings for a lower price. I believe there is a shipping fee, but it is less expensive.

I understand that these specialty protein products do go for a little extra, but 30 dollars is not an efficient value for a mere 14 servings.

Now one thing I will give Protein Coffee Drink Mix the benefit of the doubt is that perhaps if the product is resumed by Muscle Nutrition, then the price may be changed or the tubs may be bigger. This is assuming that changes are made.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, Muscle Nutrition's Protein Coffee Mix wins in the taste and efficacy department. However, this win is met with a loss when it comes to the overall retail value of the product.

I would recommend investing in cheaper similar options or simply concoct your own "coffee protein" shake.

If I were to invest in this again, I would want to see a bigger tub and a slightly lower price at the very least.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
  November 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Extras
  • Too Expensive For Just Bcaas

A Mean O Daddy is an interesting looking newcomer to the BCAAs line of supplements, but doesn't quite match up with the other competition.

A special thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with the BCAAs product A Mean O Daddy. With their ability to assist in energy, endurance, and recovery, BCAAs have their potential place in every fitness buff's supplement regimen regardless of individual goals. With their versatility, I've used BCAAs pre, intra, and post but often stick with post workout supplementation for recovery. However, I will also try them intra as well for endurance and energy.

A Mean O Daddy contains a simple profile.

Each serving provides 6g of the BCAAs L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine. The ratio is listed as 2:1:1. There is no indication of how much of each is provided as part of the 6g dose. Doing the math I would guess maybe 3g of L-Leucine, 1.5g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.5g of L-Valine?

The product is available in one flavor, which is Pissed Off Pineapple Ginger. While not the worst thing I've tasted, I was not a fan of this flavor. It had a strong bitter taste similar to that of straight up ginger with a subtle slightly sweet hint of pineapple flavor. It was not very enjoyable and left an unpleasant bitter aftertaste.

Despite a little foaming, the mixability was fine for the most part. I mixed it in water and sports drinks, and it was the same either way.

For the first two weeks, I stuck to using a single scoop serving post workout. For the remainder of the cycle, which was a little over another week, I increased to two servings post workout to see if I would get better results.

My efficacy is based solely on post workout supplementation as I didn't use this pre or intra workout.

A one scoop, A Mean O Daddy did improve my recovery and reduce my DOMS to a moderate degree, but was lacking in comparison to what I would've preferred.

Once I increased to two servings, as expected it was significantly better. My DOMS and overall recovery were much better and I also saw an increase in natural energy the following days. I felt less fatigued overall post workout and going into other training sessions in the following days.

Truthfully though, I would've expected better based on my experience with other BCAAs products.

Right now, A Mean O Daddy goes for 18.99 for a 30 day supply tub. This is cheaper than other products, but the value is hurt by the lack of efficacy and the need to use two servings for significant results. It is still worth the investment for those wanting to try a BCAAs product, but I would prefer an uptick in BCAAs dosage with better results for a more favorable value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, A Mean O Daddy does get the job done, but falls short in comparison to other BCAAs products. Some things I would like to see improved:

Higher BCAAs quantity per serving
Better Taste
The Addition Of Some Electrolytes For Hydration

At 18.99 it is worth a try, but be advised you may need two servings so the price can add up overtime. Hopefully the company takes my suggestions and improves the product in the future.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
  November 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Boost
  • Some Increased Aggression
  • Barely Effective

Bionic Test Rx did not benefit me to the degree I would have preferred and falls short in comparison to other natural test boosters.

A special thanks to Loud Muscle Science for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their testosterone booster Bionic Test Rx. Natural test boosters can aid in helping to keep the body in an anabolic state by supporting healthy levels of testosterone, which is key in hypertrophy as well as other things. Obviously, they will not put pounds of muscle on you, but I would look for upped libido, gym aggression, and potentially some support in gains of muscle and strength in relation to higher test levels.

The profile contains two prop blends as well as one single dosed ingredient.

The first blend is the "Red Cell Volumization Blend" dosed at 200mg. It contains the following ingredients:

Wheat grass: A source of antioxidants, shown to have benefits including lowering cholesterol, supporting skin and heart health, improving bloods sugar levels, and immunity support.

Folic Acid: Plays a vital role in the production and maintenance of red blood cells.

Vitamin B12: Also plays a role in the support and health of red blood cells.

Sun Dried Spinach (chlorophylls): An anti-oxidant and a source of chlorophylls, which provide a source of iron. Iron is critical to the production, structural maintenance, and activity of red blood cells.

Oyster Shells: A source of calcium and vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential to testosterone production while calcium plays a role in bone and tooth formation and other functions. It helps maintain the fluid balance of cells as well, relating to the volumaization aspect of this blend.

The next blend is the "Libido Volumization Blend" dosed at 1300mg. It contains the following ingredients:

Leuzea Carthamoides: A source of 20-hydroxyecdysterone derived from Maral Root, said to support the anabolic stimulation of hypertrophy in muscles. Evidence to support these claims however are limited.

Epicatechin: Extracted from green tea, acts as a potent anti-oxidant and shown to inhibit the hormone myostatin.

Bulbine Natalensis Extract: Shown to have positive effects in testosterone levels as well as a pro sexual effect.

Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed Extract: A well known pro sexual herb that has also been demonstrated to help increase testosterone, NO levels, and inhibit cortisol.

Tribulus Terrestris: Marketed as a testosterone booster, but better demonstrated for its pro sexual effect.

Mucuna Pruriens: Best known for its ability to increase natural GH levels, but has also been demonstrated to have a pro sexual effect by increasing testosterone and lowering prolactin.

Maca Root Extract: Suggested to increase semen volume, but known for its aphrodisiac and energy support benefits.

Ant Extract: Actually extracted from ants and believed to have anti-oxidant, aphrodisiac, and health aging benefits.

Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa Extract 35% Piperizine: Shown to have a significant aphrodisiac effect:

Concerning both prop blends, one can clearly educe that a large majority, if not all the ingredients are highly likely under dosed.

Finally, there is 200mg of the "Estrogen Inhibitor Blend", containing 200mg of 7-methoxyflavone. This ingredient is well known for acting as an aromatase inhibitor, thus supporting higher levels of free testosterone.

The instructions advise 2 capsules if you're on a cutting phase and 2-6 capsules if you're bulking. I am currently recomping and wanted to make the product last for a full 30 days, so I took 2 caps every day in the morning. I took the caps both with and without food, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Libido (8/10): My libido did feel significantly higher while on Bionic Test Rx. I had more frequent erections and overall desire and I also had a reduced refractory period. Clearly, the pro sexual effects of Bionic Test were apparent.

Gym Aggression (4/10): I did see a slight increase in gym aggression. I had an occasionally improved alpha male feeling in the gym, but it was inconsistent and not overly significant.

Strength and Mass (1/10): Again, a natural test booster itself will not give you notable increases in strength and mass. However, with naturally increased test levels, one could at the very least experience better recovery and muscle integrity. Alas, I did not experience any significant difference in naturally better gains outside those seen from my regular routine. The "1" score is to signify that I did have a very slight improvement in vascularity and pump.

Overall (5/10): Bionic Test Rx is great for libido, but nothing much more can be said about the benefits. Gym aggression showed slight improvement at best and I had no additional benefits to strength and mass. It helps very little with vascularity and pump.

The only place you can purchase Bionic Test Rx is through Loud Muscle Science's own website for a price of 65 dollars for a 60 cap count bottle. If you only take 2 caps a day, that's a full 30-day supply. Given the lack of efficacy, that is an unacceptable price and only becomes insanely absurd should you need as much as 6 caps a day. I would only invest in this if I could get at least 2-3 bottles for that price considering I may have potentially had better results with a higher dosage protocol.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would not recommend Bionic Test Rx as my first initial choice of test boosters. For only a libido boost, some increased aggression, and a minor pump it would be a far better investment for some simple hrony goat weed. Combined with the lack of efficacy and insufficient value, I'd say spend your money elsewhere.

GO PATS!!!

Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
  October 28, 2018

• Decent Value Compared To Competition
  • Good Recovery
  • Taste Great
  • High Qualtiy Protein Source
  • A Bit Pricey

Steel Whey is a great option and newcomer to the protein market that is well worth a try, especially for its quality and efficacy among protein supplements.

A special thanks to SteelFit for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today I discuss my experiences with their protein product Steel Whey. Protein supplements are one of the most frequently used supplements in every fitness buff's regimen. Protein is needed for a host needs within the body, but many of us are most concerned with its ability to support the growth of new muscle tissue. There are more protein supplements on today's market than one can count and I've used my fair share of them all.

Lets see how Steel Whey stand up.

Each scoop provides 150 Calories, 2g Fat, 5g Carbs, 1g of sugar, and 27g Protein.

As one can see, an immediate advantage to Steel Whey is that it does not add any unnecessary fats, carbs, or sugars to your daily intake.

The 27g of protein is derived from the source of WPC-80 whey concentrate. This form is the highest quality and complete source of whey concentrate one can have.

There is also a source of abundant amino acids, both essential and non-essential. For the sake of time and clarity, I copy and pasted the info directly from SteelFit's website.

Alanine (NAA): Not to be confused with the beta alanine, alanine is a nonessential amino acid that plays a critical role in glucose production and blood sugar regulation. Alanine also supports optimal functioning of the immune system as well as kidney stone prevention.*

Arginine (CAA): The most well-known function of arginine is to serve as the substrate for the production of nitric oxide, a powerful vasodilator that enhances blood flow and pumps during training and supports cardiovascular function. Arginine also plays a role in the healthy functioning of the pituitary gland and works with two other amino acids in L-Ornithine and phenylalanine.

Aspartic Acid (NAA): Aspartic acid serves a key role in the Krebs Cycle (TCA cycle) that provides energy to the body through its production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). This nonessential amino acid is also needed for the production of immunoglobulins, antibodies, and DNA. In case you weren't aware, immunoglobulins and antibodies are responsible for recognizing, binding, and eventually destroying harmful viruses and bacteria that invade the body.*

Cystine (CAA): Synthesized in the liver from the essential amino acid methionine, cysteine fulfills several important functions in the body. First and foremost, cysteine is needed for the production of glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body. This amino acid also helps slow down the aging process, and some research indicates it may be helpful in preventing dementia and multiple sclerosis.*

Glutamic Acid (CAA): Glutamic acid belongs to the same family of amino acids as L-Glutamine, the most abundant amino acid in the body. Glutamic acid plays a key role in immune function and digestion as well as serving as an important excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain.*

Glycine (NAA): Glycine is the smallest and simplest of the 20+ amino acids found in the human body and the second most abundant found in human proteins and enzymes. Formed in the liver from serine and threonine, glycine plays an important role in the central nervous system and the digestive system and is needed for the production of many important acids including nucleic acid, bile acids, and creatine phosphate.*

Histidine (CAA): Histidine is an aromatic amino acid used to synthesize proteins and affects numerous metabolic reactions in the body. It also regulates the pH value of the blood and helps form the myelin sheath, a protective coating that surrounds all nerve cells and protects them from damage.*

Isoleucine (EAA): The "weaker" and younger brother of leucine, Isoleucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis in the body, though not quite as powerfully as leucine does. However, where isoleucine does stand out is its role in enhancing glucose uptake by skeletal muscle as well as glucose utilization during intense exercise.*

Leucine (EAA): The "king" of amino acids, leucine is most well known for being the most powerful stimulator of the mTOR pathway in the body, which drives muscle protein synthesis.

Lysine (EAA): Lysine is needed for the production of antibodies, and has been found to be beneficial for protecting against the herpes virus. Additionally, lysine is also needed for the production of carnitine - a substance that helps the body use fat for energy. This essential amino acid also aids calcium absorption and is needed for protein synthesis.*

Methionine (EAA): Methionine is vital to the production of L-Cysteine, an incredibly potent antioxidant that combats oxidative stress induced by intense training. This essential amino acid also aids the liver with the digestion of fats and serves as a "building block" for the production of carnitine, adrenaline, choline, and melatonin.*

Phenylalanine (EAA): A precursor to tyrosine, phenylalanine is important in the synthesis of the important neurotransmitters. Due to this amino acid's role in neurotransmission, phenylalanine has been investigated as a possible treatment for depression and several other illnesses including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, and ADD.*

Proline (CAA): Manufactured in the liver from ornithine, glutamine, and glutamate, proline is a secondary amino acid that is one of the primary amino acids used to generate collagen, the fundamental protein of skin, bones, ligaments, and tendons. This amino acid also fortifies the artery walls and protects the endothelium layer, highlighting its importance in maintaining cardiovascular health.*

Serine (NAA): Formed from glycine, serine plays a central role in the proper functioning of the central nervous system and production of antibodies. It is also required for the production of phospholipids used in cell production. To top it off, this amino acid also serves a role in the function of DNA and RNA, fat metabolism, and muscle formation.*

Threonine (EAA): A precursor to glycine and serine, threonine is essential for protein synthesis, and it also supports proper functioning of the central nervous, immune, digestive, and skeletal muscle systems of the body. Threonine is needed to produce antibodies, which bolster the immune system, and the mucus gel layer that covers the digestive tract.*

Tryptophan (EAA): Tryptophan plays a critical crucial role in lifting mood, as the uses this amino acid to generate serotonin, one of the "happy hormones". Another important function of this essential amino acid is that it supports the synthesis of niacin, an essential B vitamin involved in energy production.

Tyrosine (CAA): Tyrosine is an incredibly important amino acid affecting mood, motivation, and reward. Moreover, tyrosine also plays a role in regulating pain sensitivity, stress, and appetite.*

Valine (EAA): The final component of the trio of BCAAs, valine is the least studied of the lot. As one of the BCAAs, valine helps drive muscle protein synthesis and is essential for glycogen synthesis in muscle tissue as well as energy conversion. On top of that, valine also has a supporting role in the proper cognitive function and immune system function.*

Overall, a solid and complete looking protein supplement.

The flavors available are chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry milkshake. I requested and received strawberry milkshake and found it to be delicious in every way. I have mixed it in water, milk, almond milk, and as part of homemade shake preparations with other ingredients. All were delicious, but I would say that for the standalone liquids, regular milk is the winner. As a part of my shake concoctions, it resulted in a delicious preparation, complimented by any fruits, nuts, or oats I included in the shake.

It mixed thoroughly without problems in any liquids.

I stuck to only using one serving a day since I wanted it to last as long as possible. Most often on training days, I would take it as part of a morning shake preparation or standalone with some milk. On non-training days, I would take a serving as part of a shake preparation sometime in the afternoon.

Both me and others would say that gauging the effectiveness of a protein can be difficult. However, as I've also said in previous protein product reviews, my score on protein supplements is based on how it helped support anabolism through recovery and dietary complement of macros.

Steel Whey helped improve my recovery by keeping my DOMS, soreness, and slight lethargy from previous intense lifting sessions to a bare minimum. I had more natural energy throughout the days, leading all through each consecutive training session.

With an efficient profile, Steel Whey was able to help ensure proper macro intake without adding unnecessary unwanted sugars, fats, or bad carbs all while keeping my protein intake up.

Steel Whey is not widely available and only through SteelFit's website can you purchase it for 39.95. Each tub comes with 26 servings making each serving about 1.50. It may seem expensive, but I think it is worth the price given the quality and effectiveness among other protein products. As always, try to catch on sale.

Side Effects

Conclusion

SteelFit has presented a highly effective and superb quality with Steel Whey. It taste great and provides the highest quality of whey protein concentrate to help you keep those anabolic engines firing. As I always say, keep your diet and training in check and be on the lookout for sales.

GO RED SOX!!

Thanks to Thin Fit Line for sending it out!
  October 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient Packs
  • Good Absorption
  • Decent Value
  • Complex Profile
  • Regularity Improvement
  • Limited Retailers
  • Low Dose On Most Things

Thin Fit Line presents an interesting newcomer to the multivitamin line of supplements. Like many newcomers to the market, HEROES PACK gets the job done, but has room for improvement.

A special thanks to Thin Fit Line for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their multivitamin supplement HEROES PACK. Multivitamins are a general staple in both my own and others' fitness supplement regimen. Multivitamins can help support general health and ensure adequate micronutrient intake. While we should always get the bulk of our nutrients from food, multivitamins do have their place and come in great use.

The profile is very long and complex as one would expect. So for time, please refer to the included image for a complete breakdown of the profile.

Overall, the profile has a good amount of all the essential vitamins and minerals. However, there is some substantial underdosing in areas. For example, the Vitamin D3 is a sparse 133mg. Being that D3 requirements can range from 4,000-8,000 IU for many users, this is clearly an unacceptable dose. In addition, the Vitamin C is a mere 332mg. Again, with a dosage requirement that is much higher for daily consumption, that is not an efficient dose. The additional vitamins and minerals could also be slightly higher, but are not as severely underdosed.

As with many "pack" class of multivitamin supplements, there are also extras. However, these extras could also use significantly higher dosages. For example, the fruit and veggies prop blend provides an abundance of nutrient dense fruit and vegetable extracts. Though, dosed at a total of 105mg, no doubt the underdosing is severe for all of them.

I will note that their is 6.7 million CFU dosage of the probiotic Lactobacillus Acidophilus for regularity support. You don't often see this in multivitamin supplements so it was good to see as an extra. I will say though, I prever probiotics in the billion CFU range.

Lastly, the other additional bonus ingredients are also dosed pretty low in comparison to their effective ranges.

The direction call for one pack daily with a meal. I took one pack in the morning with breakfast.

I base my score on multivitamins on how they benefited my overall health.

I will start by saying that I did see some improvement in my regularity thanks to the included probiotics and enzyme complex. Therefore, this area I can safely say did see some benefit.

I never fell ill while on HEROES PACK. As a result, my immune health potentially was improved.

I didn't see much change in my natural energy levels outside of anything else I was taking or normally experience. However, the potential benefit ot my immune health and helping me stay illness free I would say did have a carry over effect since being ill clearly doesn't do your energy levels any good.

Truth be told, the underdosing of a majority of the ingredients made it a less than satisfactory way to ensure proper micro nutritent intake. As a result, I was still remaining heavily prident on my micro intake from other sources. The inconvenience of the lack luster dosages was not welcoming.

Overall, I'd say it gets the job done provided your diet is in strict check, but doesn't have an advantage over other vitamin packs I've used.

The cheapest I found HEROES PACK was 28.95 on amazon.com. While it is slightly cheaper than other pack multivitamins that I've used, I'd say the value is still not the greatest considering the severe underdosing within the profile. I personally would recommend throwing down the few extra bucks for something more complete like Vital 4u or Myovite.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, while HEROES PACK is not complete miss, it is not a pack multi-v I would recommend over others. Keep your diet strict with plenty of nutrients coming from your diet and it does help to an extent, but the overall underdosed profile simply won't cut it in the long run.

Overall
Overall
7.1
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  October 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Good Ingredients
  • Transparent Label
  • Little Pricey
  • Taste And Mixability Need Improvement

Alpha Dreams is a highly effective product that will help you get those much needed Zzzzs to ensure you are up and running in the morning to take on the challenges that await you both in and out of the gym.

A special thanks to Alpha Lion for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their sleep/recovery aid product Alpha Dreams. As we all known, sleep is a primary foundation needed for recovery and overall good health. We all need that deep restful slumber every night after a hard day's work. However, getting that covenant rest is not always easy. With stressors that stem from everyday life such as tedious work and school hours and familial responsibilities, we may not find the amount of desired time or quality for efficient sleep. Supplements such as Alpha Dreams can help to allow us to sleep with better quality and depth, helping to improve our recovery.

The profile is fully disclosed and each scoop provides the following:

The profile starts with some electrolytes in the form of TRAACs which is short for The Real Amino Acid Chelate System Albion. This is a patented trademark name for special more bioavailable forms of certain minerals an electrolytes. The dosages are included in the profile itself within the matrices that compose the profile itself.

We begin with the Amino Growth Matrix containing L-Leucine at 2500 mg, Lysine HCI at 2000mg, and L-Glutamine at 2000mg. All of these amino acids are well known for their positive influence on recovery, helping to enhance protein synthesis and tissue preparation.

Next we have the Brains Gains Matrix containing L-Tyrosine at 500 mg, GABA at 350mg, 5-HTP at 200mg, and Mucuna Pruriens containing 40% L-Dopa at 175mg. These ingredients help enhance the levels of growth hormone associated with sleep and have nootropic benefits, both allowing for enhanced reparation and improved body and mind recovery support.

Following is the ZMA Recovery Matrix consisting of Magnesium Glycinate Chelate at 400mg, Zinc Methionine at 150mg, and Pyridoxine HCI at 14.5mg. The combination of these three ingredients has been long demonstrated to enhance levels of anabolic hormones, particularly during sleep when hormones such as testosterone and GH rise. This in return supports muscular hypertrophy and overall recovery.

Aferwords is the Anti-Stress Matrix containing Ashwagandha at 150mg, Ascorbic Acid at 100mg and L-Theanine at 100mg. These ingredients are known for their adaptogenic and anti-cortisol benefits, among other benefits to health, that help reduce levels of stress that can hamper recovery through the reduction of anabolic hormones.

Moving along is the Electro Fuel Matrix that has the electrolytes sodium at 200mg and potassium at 40mg. Electrolytes such as these help maintain adequate hydration levels and play roles in nerve and tissue function.

Finally is the Tranquility Matrix containing Chamomile Flower at 75mg and Melatonin at 4mg. These two ingredients help enhance sleep and GH levels through anti-stress support and somatostatin inhibition.

I received the Tropical Thunder as the Cola Bling was not available at the time. Truth be told, I don't think the taste was bad, bad at the same time not something I would deem the best. To me, it was like drinking a diluted fruit punch with an aftertaste of coconut aroma. Again, not the worst thing I've tasted, but not the best either.

Mixability was alright, but needs improvement. Very often I was left with a little undissolved sediment that I could only avoid through rigorous and prolon stirring.

I took one scoop mixed with 8oz of water and consumed it 30 minutes prior to sleep.

I'll first discuss how this influenced my sleep.

It was a little slow getting to sleep. I was not a expecting a "knock out" effect like the original G8 by FinaFlex did, but I was hoping that maube this would have a subtle "starting to gradually feeling sleepy" kind of effect. I did eventually start to drift to sleep, though it was a little too slow for my favor.

The real beneficial sleep influences came mostly from staying asleep and improving the depth of my sleep. I was able to stay asleep all through the night without experiencing a disturbance of any kind. I also felt I was sleeping deeper and more soundly.

My recovery was much improved thanks to my overall more recuperative sleep. I woke up more refreshed, increasingly energized, and had less grogginess and DOMS from previous training session. This was highly welcomed especially when I have to go for early morning cardio/training session or early hour work shifts.

Some guys have reported vivid dreams while on this, but I experienced this only a few times. This wasn't a significant factor for me.

In summary, while getting to sleep was a somewhat slower than what I would've preferred, my overall sleep quality, duration, and recuperation were all much improved.

No doubt this is a highly effective and well formulated sleep aid and recovery support product. However, at a price of 60 dollars available only through Alpha Lion's website, Alpha Dreams is a pretty penny. The efficacy of the product I would say does translate into the premium class price, but no doubt this is gonna discourage some more price savvy users. I'd day you'll definitely want to look out for deals on this one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, despite the high price tag, Alpha Dreams is a great product to help improve your overall sleep quality and help enhance the recuperative and recovery effects from a deep restful slumber. Just be sure you are devoting enough time to sleep and try to catch this on deals.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to Penta Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • An Occassional Extra Bowel Movement
  • Bad Gas
  • Prop Blend

Supplements to keep our systems clean and healthily regulated can go a long way for our overall well being. However, Penta Nutrition Daily Cleanse fell drastically short.

A special thanks to Penta Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their detox product, Daily Cleanse. Our plumbing is constantly on overtime keeping the gunk and unwanted "stuff" out of our bodies. Of course, these systems play crucial roles in supporting our general health and well being through waste elimination and nutrient processing. Supplements on today's market can lend a helping hand in keeping us "regular" and assisting our elimination systems.

So how does Daily Cleanse hold up?

The ingredients are in one prop blend that are contained within a 3 capsule dosage that provides a total of 2250mg of the blended ingredients.

The ingredients include psyllium husks, bentonite clay, black walnut hull powder, oat bran powder, flaxseed powder, prune fruit powder, aloe vera leaf powder, lactobacillus acidophilus, apple pectin powder, and glucomannan powder.

The ingredients all possess properties that assist the regulatory and elimination systems through toxin binding, providing sources of fiber, and improving digestion.

For example, the bentonite clay binds to toxic agents such as heavy metals and chemicals and helps ensure they are eliminated through the body's natural processes.

Stool bulking agents such as the prune powder help make stool material bigger. This stimulates the peristalsis of the large intestine, allowing the stool to be eliminated faster with better regulation.

The fibers such as the psyllium husks and oat bran powder help provide effective colon cleaning properties by helping to remove stuck gunk within the walls of your bowels.

The other ingredients provide much of the same, but their benefits may differentiate.

The product instructs to take 3 capsules everyday. However, the timing is not specific. Throughout my cycle I experimented with timing to try and find out the best time for efficacy. I tried taking all three caps in the morning with or without breakfast, in the afternoon with or without lunch, and in the evening with or without dinner. So I tried it both with food and without food. For a couple of day, I actually tried spreading the caps by taking one at three different times.

However, when all was said and done, I did not find a significant advantage or difference in efficacy regardless when or with whatever I took it with. Towards the end of my run, I simply took all 3 caps in morning on an empty stomach.

I want to stress, my diet is quite clean and consists of plenty of legumes, vegetables, fruit, lean meats, whole grains, and nuts. So diet was not an inhibiting factor in this case

I did not experience overly significant benefits to my overall elimination and digestive systems' function. Only on some occasions did I experience an extra bowel movement that seemed slightly more bulky and more easily passed. Nonetheless, this was only at rare times and was not at all consistent. This indicates that my digestive health was essentially unchanged.

I didn't see much notable improvement in health and well being. I am already a considerably healthy person, but with detox products, I would expect to feel lighter and more elevated due to the toxins being removed. Unfortunately, I saw none of this

I did not have any reductions in bloating and I also noticed a significant increase in gas. Flatulence was a problem for me while on this. Not only was it uncomfortable, but the idea of withholding and concealing it to avoid embarrassment, is embarrassing in itself. This prompted me to nearly stop the product, but I continued on to ensure a fair and full review.

The product is only available through Penta Nutrition's website at 39.99. This is not at all a good value given the lack of results and bad gas from the product. For 40 dollars, you are much better off buying bulk fiber, activated charcoal, or simply just investing in cheaper cleanse and detox products.

Side Effects

Lots of unpleasant gas

Conclusion

Unfortunately, Daily Cleanse by Penta Nutrition simply didn't work for me. I'd say it's cheaper just to follow a healthy diet regimen, ensure adequate fiber intake, drink plenty of liquids, and invest in cheaper products.

GO RED SOX!!!!

Thanks to RARI Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Endurance
  • Hydration
  • On The More Expensive Side

Amino Mend is an interesting newcomer to the market of BCAAs supplements that can provide the goodness of BCAAs while adding hydration support.

A special thanks to RARI Nutrition for their participation on SR.com and apologies for the slight tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experiences with Amino Mend. From my experiences, BCAAs are most useful with recovery, but also aid in pre and intra workout as well. They are one of the most versatile products out there and fit into any personal fitness goals.

T...

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends.

Each serving provides a 2:1:1 ratio of the BCAAs L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine. This totals 5g of BCAAs with L-leucine being the highest dosed among the three.

Next is 2g of glutamine. Glutamine is well known for enhancing recovery, supporting muscle repair, and having immune system benefits. However, at a mere 2g, this ingredient is under dosed considering its effective range is 5-10g.

Following is 1g of citrulline malate. Citrulline malate helps to buffer lactic acid and increase plasma arginine levels. This results in improvements in pump and endurance. With an effective dosage range of 4-8g, 1g definitely leaves a lot to be desired. In other words, it's underdosed.

Afterwards is 1g of taurine. Taurine has a host of benefits including recovery support, pump and circulation enhancement, heart an brain health and can even support healthy testosterone levels. It's effective dosage range is said to be up to 2g, but bodybuilder have reported as high at 8-10g. Either way, 1g is also underdosed.

Finally we have an electrolyte blend that is derived from 250mg of coconut water powder. From the coconut water we have 120mg of sodium, 100mg of potassium, 10mcg of vitamin B6, 30mcg of vitamin B12, and 120mg of vitamin C.

I received the mango mojito flavor. To me, it wasn't bad, but at the same time could use a little improvement. I found it to have a bit of a more diluted fruity taste than what I was expecting, even with the use of less liquid. Still, not a bad flavor.

It mixed thoroughly and fully with no problems.

During the first week, I used only one scoop post workout to see if I could get away with a single serving. However, I found one servin to be somewhat underwhelming. Therefore, I bumped it up to two scoops post workout and used two servings from the second week on.

Since I was using Workhorse as intra workout support at the time of Amino Mend, to prevent overlap I stuck to using the Amino Acids only post workout. At times it was mixed with a serving of SMART Creatine by VMI, but this was rare and I kept the servings of the products spaced out most of the time.

In any case, I found Amino Mend to greatly aid in my recovery as well as help restore hydration levels. My DOMS and lethargy post workout and in the following days were significantly reduced and I was less groggy and bogged from the exertion from my training sessions.

I found that this increase in recovery helped compliment improvements in my endurance levels and I was able to power through all of my training session equally aggressively.

I also felt more energetic throughout the days leading up to my training sessions and all throughout my job shifts. This is especially useful when you work in healthcare.

Cheapest I found Amino Mend was 30 dollars on Amazon, which also right now has a coupon deal for 10% off with free shipping. This brings the cheapest price to about 27 dollars. You get 30 servings in each tub, but if you have to use two scoops like me that's gonna bring the value down some. I don't think that is the worst or most expensive value by any means, but it is on the more expensive side for a BCAAs product. I still think it's worth the price for the efficacy. Just see if you could get by with one scoop.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Although on the pricey side for the double serving users, Amino Mend is a very good and effective newcomer to the market of amino products. It will help restore your hydration and improve your recovery, allowing you to continuously power through training sessions with equally more aggression and feel more energetic throughout your days. Be sure to train hard and get plenty of sleep and eat clean as I always say.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  October 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Label Disclosure
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Increased Power
  • Better Pump
  • Excellent Recovery
  • Needs Higher Overall Creatine Dosage
  • Needs To Increase Magnapower Dosage
  • Horrible Taste

SMART Creatine is a great choice among creatine supplements, particularly those not fond of the bloating associated with pure monohydrate.

A special thanks to VMI for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with SMART Creatine. I enjoy using creatine on interval cycles for its benefits in strength, mass, energy, endurance, and recovery. However, the slight bloating I get on occasion isn't necessarily the best thing. Using various forms of creatine can help, but note that none generally carry significant advantages over the far more thoroughly studied pure monohydrate form. From my experience some different forms have their benefits though.

The profile is fully disclosed and contains three different forms of creatine including creatine citrate, creatine magnesium chelate, and creatine pyruvate. Each one is dosed at 1.2g, combining a total of 3.6g per single scoop serving.

As we know creatine in general works by helping to increase ATP energy production, hence enabling greater muscle power output potential. This also benefits endurance. While various forms of creatine exist, creatine monohydrate is the purest and most researched.

Creatine citrate is a form of creatine bound to a citrate molecule. This is said to improve the water solubility. Studies on creatine citrate are limited, but those that I have come across have not well supported citrate benefits. Furthermore, at 1.2g, clearly there is significant under dosing at creatine effective dosage is a minimum of 5g even for other forms.

Creatine Pyruvate is creatine bound to a pyruvate molecular group. Again, the studies of its benefits are limited and don't indicate promising results.

Creatine magnesium chelate is creatine bound to a magnesium chelate group. This particular form I've had good results in the past in terms of pumps and energy. Magnesium plays a role in several biological functions within the body. Therefore, binding it to creatine can be additionally beneficial within muscle. Still, at a meager 1.2g results may be hit or miss.

The profile finishes off with 200mg of sodium chloride. Sodium is a critical extracellular electrolyte playing crucial roles in fluid balance. Since creatine pulls water into muscle tissue, the added sodium chloride in theory would aid in increasing this effect. The result would be better pumps an muscle fullness.

I received the unflavored version. Despite being termed as such, the one big drawback of SMART creatine is the fact that regardless what I combined the servings in, it always added an unpleasant, strong, chemical-like, bitter taste, There was literally nothing I could do to mask it.

The mixability was also lagging. The powder did not mixed well and very often left undissolved sediment and small clumps.

The product suggests to take one scoop pre and one post. For the first week I took only one serving post workout, following a protein shake soon after. From the second week on I took one serving pre and one post, totaling two servings.

My efficacy score is based on two servings. I found that SMART Creatine helped to add an increase to my power, pump, endurance, and recovery.

I had increased complimentary energy during my workout sessions. I was able to train longer and had more efficient focus without any crash at the end of my workout.

My pump was also noticeably increased. My vascularity was improved all over and my muscles felt more swole after consecutive high volume sets. The pump remained evident all through my workout and even at the end.

My enduirance seemed better as I was feeling less fatigue and DOMS during and after my workouts. I was able to bang out more reps and more frequent sets less rest in between. My boxing sessions were longer and more intense as well as my general cardio workouts.

Recovery following workouts was most noticeably improved among all benefits. I was going to each and every workout with less soreness and letyhargy from previous workouts. I also had more natural energy and was able to continuously perform all workouts with more power output. I was maxing out on all compound movements more frequently with increased rep range.

I found SMART Creatine for as low as 13 dollars with free shipping on amazon. I think that even at two scoops, that is a really good vlalue especially considering the efficacy Though, the score does take a slight hit due to the comparison to bulk creapure, which can be purchased for close to the same and even less of a price. Still, a good value overall.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, while creatine monohydrate will always win the race in terms of value and research, SMART Creatine is indeed a smart choice among unique creatine products. It will aid in endurance, recovery, pump, and can help increase strength potential. Just stay away from the unflavored version.

GO RED SOX!!!

Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
  October 5, 2018

• Felt Stronger
  • Hard Muscles
  • Increased Libido
  • Enhanced Vascularity
  • Limited Availability

Hades is an effective and well dosed testosterone booster and natural anabolic support product that will help engage your anabolic potential.

A special thanks to Savage Supplements for their support and participation here on Sr.com. Also, apologies for the tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with their test booster and natural anabolic Hades. I've taken plenty of test boosters in the past. Many good and many not so good. When I use test boosters, I look for benefits including increases in libido, gym aggression, and greater strength and mass potential.

How does Hades stand up?

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends. It goes as follows:

Vitamin D at 4000IU: The vitamin that has multiple properties and actions in the body, but is best known for strengthening bones, tooth formation, tissue repair support, and supporting adequate levels of testosterone. which in turn will help strengthen muscles.

Magnesium Citrate at 150mg: A mineral with several biological functions and necessities within the body. In addition to digestion, cellular energy production, and structural formation of the bodies main systems, magnesium is also important for the balance and production of several hormones.

Zinc at 50mg : Zinc serves many purposes, but in the case of this product, it is essential to testosterone production and energy support.

Ashwagandha at 1500mg: A well-known an adaptogen that has benefits ranging from increasing natural test levels, inhibiting cortisol, and improving focus.

Tribulus at 500mg: While many would question tribulus's true benefits to test levels, it is well known from my experience that it helps to boost libdo.

Tongkat Ali at 80mg: Also known as Long Jack, this herb is capable of acting as an aphrodisiac and helps to increase free test levels by binding to SHGB.

Indole-3-Carbinol at 150mg: A phytochemical found mainly in broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables. It has antioxidant properties, but also helps improve test levels by helping to metabolize "bad estrogen". This favorable balance of testosterone and "good estrogen" helps maintain substantial anabolic environment within muscle tissue.

5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin at 75mg: A natural anabolic compound derived from the Smilax plant. Laxogenin has been demonstrated to possess muscle building properties. However, there are limited studies showing this to be accurate.s.

Androsta-3,5-dien-7,17-dion at 50mg - Also known as Arimistane, this is a well known and effective estrogen blocker that is also useful in blocking cortisol.

ForsLean (95% Forskolin Extract) at 50mg - Extracts from the Forskolin plant species has been demonstrated to help inhibit cortisol and increase testosterone levels. IN return, one has greater fat burning and muscle building potential. with decreasing body fat and increasing muscle mass.

Methyl-EAA at 30mg: Also known as NMDA, believed to be a more potent version of D-aspartic acid, which is known for its ability to increase testosterone through the increase of LH and FSH. However, recent studies of shown this ingredient to be potentially ineffective, but may still have libido enhancing properties.

Diindolylmethane (DIM) at 25mg: Similar to Indole-3-Carbinol, DIM is an estrogen metabolizer that creates a more favorable balance of "good" vs "bad" estrogens. In short, DIM helps increase "good" estrogens responsible for anabolic support, while the gyno and libido killing "bad" estrogens are lowered.

Boron Citrate at 5mg: An essential mineral shown to aid in increasing free test levels by acting as an SHBG inhibitor. The inhibition of SHBG allows for higher levels of free testosterone and lower rates of estrogen conversion

Bioperine at 5mg: Black pepper extract that increase bioavailability.

The instructions call for 4 caps to be taken a day with a meal, preferably your largest one. I took 4 caps with my dinner each day.

The first I will note was the libido increase. Hades gave me some serious wood to the point where Mr. Johnson would be constantly standing up and punching in for some overtime work. The erections were also notably better. I've actually experienced similar effects with NMDA in general. Therefore, NMDA may in fact have a libido increasing effect, but the other ingredients obviously need to be taken into consideration.

My gym aggression was markedly increased. I was powering through my gym sessions with more drive and better focus as well. I was never distracted and had a more "do it or die" mindset, which allowed me to complete training objectives more efficiently. My mood outside of the gym was actually a little better, but the important thing was to keep the aggression in the gym and not let it spill out outside the gym.

My physique had somewhat of a more dried out, harder, more defined look overall. My current diet intake is not geared towards fat loss at this time. Despite this, I still looked slightly more defined and vascular. The Arimistane and other estrogen blockers/metabolizers I feel can be most accredited to this.

Lastly, my strength and mass both had noticeable improvements, but nothing steroid or PH-like. That's fine considering that such results was not expected. My recovery was significantly improved, allowing to train for longer harder intervals during my workouts. I felt overall stronger on all lifts, both isolation and compound. I did not set any incredible PRs, but per usual, I did find myself lifting more weight for longer rep ranges and under increased resistance. My physique looks bigger, particularly my arms, shoulder, back, and quads. In short, Hades did in fact, help maintain superb anabolic support,

With efficacy comes a price. As of now Hades is only available through Savage Supps own website for 60 dollars. Although Hades is a great test booster with very good results and you get a full 30 day supply, 60 big ones is pushing it. The value for the product in this case isn't overly bad, but you'll definitely want to look out for the discounts and sales on this one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, Hades is a phenomenal test booster and natural anabolic support product that will aid you in achieving new gains in the gym and in the bedroom :)

As I always say, train intensely and eat right, and really look out for sales should you decide to invest in the product.