Virtus

• Reputation is high. (+1934)
  • Was an active member for 5 years, but hasn't been online since August, 2015

Reviews by Virtus

July 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Dry You Out
  • Can Aid In Getting That Summer Look
  • It Is Somewhat Expensive
  • But You Get A Whole Cycle In One Bottle.

Virtus checking in folks, what follows is a narrative of the two bottles of Ostra Shred that I have used. Not back to back.

For my stats- I started out my second run with this product at 235, 6'2" and around 15% BF (no calipers, off of memory when I last had it checked and my weight). I ended my cycle at 222.2 lbs, significantly thinner in my waist, and my striations in my arms and back visible again.

"On cycle" I strictly used creapure and protein powder and support supplements.

"On cycle" I strictly used creapure and protein powder and support supplements.
Exercise was 45min- 1hr a day lifting in evenings, 1 hour of stationary bike in the mornings while fasted. I bike same days as lifting 2 days on 1 off.
Diet was clean, right at or under maintenance. I like food, so I prefer to increase exercise as opposed to cutting caloric intake.

Absorption Blend: Grape Seed, Celery Seed, 350mg.

Velvet Bean 125mg

Androst-3,5-Diene-7,17-Dione (Armistane) 25mg

Ostarine (Im not going to type the nomenclature out) 12.5mg

Take 2x daily.

I am not going to review the Velvet Bean (l-dopa) and absorption blend, the point of this product is, is ostarine and arimistane a good, maybe even synergistic cutting cycle?

N/A

Ahhh the meat and potatoes. Does this stuff work? I would say yes it does, but, there is a but.

First, I would compare this product to a light run of epistane. I really feel like it is equivalent to 5 week cycle of 20/25/25/30/30 epistane. But, take it for 6-8 weeks to get these results. I didn't really start seeing anything noteworthy until week 4. Also, for me there was a bounce back on estrogen after discontinuing the product. When you suppress estrogen for 8 weeks like this, your body will sense that it is low on estrogen and try to re-balance itself. Kind of like when running real gear. Is it enough of a bounce back to warrant worry about gynomastia? For me the answer is no, but I definetly put back on water weight after the cycle. If you are gyno prone, might not be a bad idea to run a short Torem cycle for two weeks.

Sum it up: I love this stuff for keeping muscle while cutting, and it would be a good recomp agent. It may be the only hormonal product you realy can access for this (since all the pseudo-trens are now banned).

Widely available using google-foo at $65.

Good enough price for what you get in a bottle (120 servings) to cover you on an 8 week cycle.

Side Effects

Some estrogen bounce back. Light PCT advised. If you are gyno-prone or worried, do a SERM. If you have gyno, don't use androgen related products at all IMO.

What are the long-term side effects of SARMs anyways? Something to think about...

Conclusion

If you are going to use a SARM, use Ostarine. S4 can put you in a dangerous position driving at night, or you could step on your wife's cat like I did cause you cannot see jack. If you are cutting and want to maintain muscle mass, or recomping, this is a good choice.

While I wish that A) I could just go run a masteron/tren/test p cycle, I can't anymore. B) Epistane was still legal, it isn't. This is a decent third choice that accomplished similar goals with 1/10th the effectiveness of the former, and 1/4 the effectiveness of the latter.

August 7, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Loss
  • Pumped Feeling All Day
  • But An Effective Product Nonetheless
UR Spray is Patrick Arnold's newest incarnation of the supplement ursolic acid. Other well-known products that contain ursolic acid are Ursobolic and Pump Spray, along with a few others. This is the first topical version of this compound.

Patrick Arnold pioneered the use of ursolic acid initially with the product Ursobolic from Ergopharm. Many people had good results with ursobolic, including myself. Unfortunately, the bioavailability was something horrible like 1%. It still worked, just not to its full potential. The reason for this is that ursolic acid (UA henceforth) is extremely hydrophobic and easily destroyed in the GI tract unless taken with a good amount of fats, ie fish oil, to aid in absorption.

Cue Prototype Nutrition, PA's "bench made product company" or something to that effect. He is very involved in the production of the products sold through this business entity. These products are only available through their website, and specialize in topical products such as 7-Keto and DHEA topical supplements. At Prototype, PA did some work to make UA more absorbable in the body. He created "Arginine Ursolic Acetate". This is the primary product in UR Spray. This compound, through topical application, is supposed to make a far more effective ursolic supplement. And I would say it does.

Here is the blurb from the official website:

From Protoype's Website:
"Ur Spray now contains Arginine Ursolic Acetate – many times more soluble than even the original Sodium Ursolic Acetate!!

Ur Spray contains an ultra-soluble derivative of the amazing natural repartitioning compound ursolic acid. By transforming the poorly absorbed parent ursolic acid into its acetic acid ester, and then into the arginine salt of that ester, a form is acquired that can be effectively delivered via topical formulation. This allows a much higher percentage of ursolic acid to enter the body than with oral formulations of straight ursolic acid. It also allows for a sustained release effect, so that blood levels of ursolic acid can be maintained throughout the day."

Here is the link to an explanation on how UA works, it is a very long so I will link it to the master on the subject, PA:

Now enough history. Here is what Ursolic products are good for in my opinion:

1. Overall- body recomposition, caused by:
2. Fat Loss
3. Increased Vascularity/Blood vessel growth
4. Muscle gain
5. All day pumped feeling, just standing in one place.

I have been running this product with a SARM product that I am very familiar with, OstaRx by IML. I have run this product enough to know what it does, and doesn't do. I attribute some qualities to both of these products, specifically muscle gain, fat loss, and pump. However these effects have been magnified.

I am not going to rate the effects of the product, as I see such wildly different results in each person from each different supplement out there. So instead I will describe what my specific results have been.

-I have more blood vessels visible everywhere, even my shins. And new ones seem to appear where they weren't before. The are definitely spreading in my ab area.
-Fat loss has been very very significant. I have lost around 15 lbs in about 2 months while intentionally dieting down.
-My strength is up (Ostarine), but I look like I am putting on more muscle than I ever have on osta alone. Even though I am in a calorie deficit, or very close to it, I look like my muscles are filling out.
-Sitting at this keyboard I feel like my arms are "full", and I never really feel that 6 hours after working out having been sedentary the whole time.
-Subcutaneous water weight has gone down visibly. I look much thinner when I am on UR than not. I took a few days off to test this out, my weight went back up a few lbs.

This is what I was hoping for with combining two products that have similar benefits but massively different mechanisms of action. I want to create a multiple pathway system of supplementation to fat loss with minimal side effects and without the use of harsh/illegal steroids. Osta is allowing me to achieve results through androgen receptor activation while UR is providing another pathway altogether. This has been, with proper diet (you should have this anyway before dropping the amount of $ this stuff costs) and a well-rounded exercise plan that includes lifting and light cardio.

I have a hectic work schedule, like many of you, so I tend to workout when I can. You can read about my workout and diet a little bit more in my log that includes this product.

Negatives
-Increased body heat, almost sweating sometimes. This product increases your body's amount of "brown fat", a good type of fat that regulates metabolism and basal body temperature. I get warm easily, and sometimes start sweating while standing still. This demonstrates that this product has thermogenic effects, which nothing else I am supplementing with does. It is a minor annoyance.
- Application is inconvenient sometimes. 50 sprays twice a day for best results. It sounds like a lot, but it is pretty easy, and dries fast.
- You go through this stuff fast, really fast. One bottle at 50 sprays 2x daily is two weeks worth. The two bottle combo costs $80. Is it worth it? Yeah I think it is, but that is $80x 4 for me to run this the duration of my log. I just received four more bottle yesterday.

This product is safe for women, is non-steroidal, and is effective. It just costs a ton to run for any extended period of time. I like it for pairing with Osta and any other product, and highly recommend it if you can swing it for a month or more.

For more discussion on this, or any questions, please see my log!

October 7, 2012

• Increase In Strength
  • Increase In Testosterone
  • Overall Better Mood
  • Good Pumps
  • Great Results
    Been awhile, so its time for me to post a review I think. A big thank you to the flyin' Hawaiian AnabolicAdam and the crew at USPLabs.

First off, Maxima did a review that nailed the ingredients so well on this product that I highly encourage you to go look at it.

Testpowder is basically a highly effective and well rounded all-in-one natural testosterone booster cycle OR PCT supplement to be used alongside your SERM for PH/AAS cycles.

1. We have libido support indirectly and directly through DAA stimulation of FSH and LH and thus testosterone production. Furthermore we have aframomum meleguetta extract which has been shown to have aphrodisiac qualities. When you are are in PCT from a cycle, libido tends to drop as testosterone levels try to level out. This sucks for most people, obviously. During a natty cycle, the bump that these compounds provide to libido, and the increased libido in general of a natty cycle, are part of the fun in my opinion.

2. Protective compounds- LCT and aframomum meleguetta both have wide-ranging medicinal uses, including cardiovascular protection, which is critical to carry on into PCT and also to have when messing with your hormones to any degree. Garcinia Mangostana provides antioxidant protection, once again critical on a natty cycle and during a PH/AAS PCT.

3. Agmatine, pumps you up. One of the things that sucks about being in PCT is you dont get the skin-splitting pumped up looking muscles you do while "on" usually. This gives you something to help with bringing that back, and helps a little with motivating you to get to the gym during PCT. The increased blood flow is also a general benefit.

4. Muccuna- precursor to dopamine- the "feel good hormone". When you come off cycle, helping get that "good feeling" back is critical to well-being...being low on systemic testosterone can cause other hormones to be thrown off. We want to make sure we stay healthy, physically and mentally, during our PCT.

Essentially, I see two excellent uses for Testpowder- the first as a standalone natural testosterone boosting cycle, and the second as a supplement to your Cycle Assist and SERM in PCT. This product should be looked at as a comprehensive DAA supplement. The value on it is excellent. It worked very well for me in an AAS PCT alongside Toremifene. Furthermore, the product was developed by a company of good people who stand by what they make and give a crap about their customers. This is a big deal to me.

Do the research. Go to Pubmed.com, and learn how to use it to research the ingredients in this product yourself. This is the best way to make an educated decision about a product, along with actually trying it out.

Overall
    Overall
    1.0
    1.0
      February 28, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • 3g Of Creatine In It
    • Tastes Horrible
    • Gave Me Nausea
    • Seems Like A Marketing Gimmick
    This stuff is horrendous. I don't know how many of you have ever been in a place where there is a lot of death, like cattle slaughterhouses, etc. I have, and the taste of the stuff is vaguely reminiscent of the background stench in those places. I am not kidding. And the "Blue Raspberry" flavoring did not help any of this.

Taste: 0

Taste: 0

Beef protein- its a complete protein source, and I like that. It also has 3g of creatine in it. But then they go on to advertise this as "375% More Concentrated than an average piece of beef". It had better be for God's sake. Its a protein powder! It better be more condensed than a whole food source! Come on people....Results were what you would expect out of a protein powder...not really specifically notable on their own.

Effectiveness- 4

Side Effects. This is the best part. It has a warning that goes something to the effect of "may get foamy due to specific nature of the protein". Yeah that foaminess, or the "specific nature of the protein" may have some other effects. Really nasty nausea. Every day that I used this stuff, within an hour after consumption, I was on the verge of throwing up, and a couple of times I did. I know what some of you are thinking, "V it is probably all that other..." no stop right there. It isn't. I have been fine up until this point. The worst part about this is that I had to put up with it and finish off the whole tub in order to do this review. My wife told me I was a moron when I explained why I kept taking the stuff. Look at what I sacifice for you SR.

Overall- bad.

December 22, 2011

Cons:
    • Comprable To Cycle Assist But Kind Of A Different Take On This Type Of Product
    • Great Cardiovascular Support
    • Less Ingredients And Mg Of Ingredients Than Cycle Assist
    Anabolic Innovations Life Support...good replacement for CEL Cycle Assist?

This is a general health product that is commonly used on prohormone steroid cycles to help maintain health. Most of us probably will not buy this for general health purposes, so yeah, even though it says that is what it is intended for.

CEL's Cycle Assist is very commonly used, so it is important that we compare the two to see what we are really getting with this product compared to what we are used to.

Cycle Assist 4 caps per serving, recomended dose take 4 2x daily.
    4 Caps Contains:

N-Ac...
    Anabolic Innovations Life Support...good replacement for CEL Cycle Assist?

Cycle Assist 4 caps per serving, recomended dose take 4 2x daily.
    4 Caps Contains:

N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine (NAC) 750mg
    Nac is a potent antioxidant that is also good for liver health; used to treat acetominaphen overdoses.

Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin) 500mg

Cardiovascular health, antioxidant

Policosanol 20mg
    Lowers LDL Cholesterol

Zinc Gluconate 15mg
    General health (this is zinc like in zinc tabs for cold prevention)

Ok. So here is what Life Support has:

Life Support, 60 caps, 2 caps per Serving
    If we have already discussed what an ingredient dose above in Cycle Assist (CA) I won't repeat it below.

2 Servings Provides: (NOTE: That is 4 caps)

Red Yeast Rice 600mg
    Cardiovascular health, lowers LDL Cholesterol

NAC 600mg

Silymarin(Milk Thistle Extract) 500mg

Hawthorn Berry 500mg

Saw Palmetto 150mg

Nettle Root 125mg
    Prostate Support, along with a whole bunch of other great stuff....I really like that this is in here.

Celery Seed Extract 75mg

Idebenone 50mg
    Analogue of CoQ10...cardiovascular protection

Policosanol 10mg

So I think it is obvious comparing the two side by side that Cycle Assist comes with more mg's of various ingredients in it. To be fair, I don't know what the concentration of the Silymarin is in Lifesupport, but Cycle Assists is standardized to 80% which means you are getting something like 800mg of silymarin in Cycle assist, still 300mg more than Life Support, if their Silymarin is 100% pure.

I like the additions of Nettle Root and Red Yeast Rice. It seems like Life Support is geared more towards cardiovascular protection (RYRice and Idebenone) while Cycle Assist is geared more towards liver health (higher dose of NAC and Milk Thistle).

Cycle Assist has a few other things, like B-6 and B-5 that aren't necessary, and I would rather trade for Nettle Root or Red Yeast Rice in the Cycle Assist product.

But overall, I think it is a suitable product for use during a cycle or PCT. Certainly during a PCT to help get your HDL/LDL Cholesterol back in whack.

Here is another problem for Life Support though: At my favorite online supplement shop, lockoutsupplements, Cycle Assist is $27.95 while Life Support is $31.95.

Don't get me wrong here, I think this is a great product, it is just a different take on cycle support supplements, and I like it for the cardiovascular support- that is great.

One more thing in favor of Life Support: It doesn't make poop have that weird smell that Cycle Assist does. Points for that one for sure.

October 5, 2011

• Euphoria
    • Increased Recovery
      Been wanting to get this review out for a long time. Thank you all for your patience.

First of all lets start with some information on methylstenbolone, the compound in Ultradrol.

The above site is an excellent resource by the way, for many compounds.

The above site is an excellent resource by the way, for many compounds.

I did something different than the other logs out there going on with Ultradrol, I used it on a recomp diet. I am not going to delve to deeply into what that means, beceause Petey has written a guide on recomping that is more informative than anything I could ever put together. You can find it on this site as a sticky in the forums.

I ran this for 4 weeks.
      8/8/12/12

This compound works quickly. I noticed visceral changes, a little fat loss and swelling of muscles in a little under a week. I lost a little fat from around my midsection as well as around my pecs and face. This surprised me, especially since I also put on 8lbs. This put me up near 223lbs.

One of the things that I noticed early on was not just a the "constant pump" feeling that I get with compounds like Superdrol, but also a "healthier" feeling all over in my musculature. I had more energy, less buildup of lactic acid, more endurance, the ability to throw up those extra reps that I couldn't previously.

Bench press gained more in the endurance aspect than the 1rm aspects. For example, I got 285 up 8x for the first time on bench. I got 305 for 4, 315 for 3 to match my 1rm record. I didn't go for 1rm's just to be softer on my joints.

I took no pre-wo's or creatine, saving my Greenmag for PCT. I took fishoil, glucosamine, a generic multi from costco. I used Cycle Assist as I usually do, but I take all of my CA pm before bed.

PCT is Torem/Clomid combo.
      Torem
      120/90/60/30
      Clomid
      100/100/50/50
      Purus Labs Recycle, PP TCF-1 DAA.

Also in PCT I have Peptides
      GHRP-2/Ipramorelin (switching off) and modGRF1-29, both 3x daily 100/mcg each.

I am up 4lbs in PCT and down in BF. And feeling great.

Sides that I got from Ultradrol were non-existant, and this is a big deal because Superdrol, which I would absolutely compare UD to in terms of compound strength, makes me feel horrendous. I have not had a chance to do bloods yet, but will at the end of my PCT. Superdrol gives me massive lethargy all the time and slight nausea when I go to 30mg/ed. Ultradrol didn't do any of this. I did get feel a little sick once, but I don't think it had anything to do with UD. I do feel that UD is slightly less strong than SD, but is simply based on my "feel" during the cycle.

Cycles with this stuff for bulking are going to be amazing. I think that 15-20lbs is easily attainable. 3-4 week cycles are probably all that is necessary, which is great because 6 weeks cycles get annoying for me personally toward the end.

Best part, I think that UD can be stacked with non-methyl safely and effectively. Trenazone is what I specifically have in mind for my next cycle. Also, my cycle with UD didn't even use up an entire bottle....

June 27, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Non-methylated
      • Very Effective
      • Good Bulking Compound
      • Libido Dropped
      • Skin Irritation And Irritability
      I stacked this product with Epistane, which I have alot of experience with.

Trenazone is a topical delivery of dienolone, which is the steroid that all tren precursors (x-tren for example) convert into. This product likely will be banned in the next round of bans, since diendione (x-tren, etc) the PH is already banned.

Boy does the stuff work. I differentiate it from Epi because Epi takes 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to kick in fully for me. My inclined bench went up 30lbs for reps in the first 10 days.

My weight went from 213lbs to 225, with no gain in body fat.

Supporting Supps I took:...
      I stacked this product with Epistane, which I have alot of experience with.

My weight went from 213lbs to 225, with no gain in body fat.

Supporting Supps I took:

Cycle Assist
      Hawthorne Berry 2g ed additionally
      6g Fish Oil ed
      super Cissus
      generic B complex
      Coq10 100mg ed

Diet was clean, about 500cal over maintenance ED. Lots of turkey, fish, steak, granola, cottage cheese, and milk.

Sides:
      BP Spikes every once and awhile.
      Skin irritation (make sure you rotate application site)
      Mad irritability and loss of patience (bad when you are married)
      Also, you have to be careful about avoiding contact with your girlfriend/spouse with the areas you apply this to, as dienolone could absorb into their bloodstream and this would be a bad thing.

I ran this at 75/75/150/150/150

PCT I am running clomid 50/50/25/25
      and torem 30/30/30/30

You need to have a 1cc oral syringe as the applicator on the bottle is horrible and fails. phfsupps sends a dropper without measuring increments on it.

June 17, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Prevented My Nuts From Aching And Shrinking On Cycle!
        This product, is absolutely amazing. I used it for one purpose: to prevent testicular atrophy while on Epi/Trenazone cycle.

This product contains Fadogia Aggrestis, which is also the primary component in Need2BuildMuscle's HCGenerate, which alot of people swear by it from what I have read.

If you are interested, you can do the research about how exactly this works, but I am here to tell you that it certainly does work.

My first couple of ph/ds cycles I would get testicular atrophy (shrinking) and aching at week 4. This happened all 4 cycles I have done that I didn't use this product. It gets pretty frustrating and eventually I end my cycles at the point I can't tolerate it past week 4..usualy during week 5 at some point. I got checked out by a Dr. the first time this happened, I told him everything I was doing, and he said I was fine. Bloodwork showed my test was below 100 which is obviously the result of being on cycle.

So I started researching ways to prevent this, including the use of HCG, which I wouldn't do due to legality issues and my chosen profession. I needed something legal and effective. I found HCGenerate had great reviews, and I started breaking down the ingredients in it. Everything you normally see in a natty test booster, kind of like Animal Stak actually, except the Fadogia. I read up on Fadogia and found other products that contained it, and which ones had positive reviews.
        I chose T-Force, and it works brothers.
        I picked it up from lockoutforums for $20....(its 2 for $30 at nutra). Dang good deal...I have had no pain, no aches, no shrinkage.

It also has another interesting effect, in that it makes you a "better actor than Peter North" when you and the lady are hanging out. (or if your by yourself too, I guess...) Sorry don't know how else to put that in a more PC way. If you don't get it, go find out what Peter North was famous for.

3.0
          June 8, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Massive Vascularity
        • Cut Bf%
        • Need Very High Doses For Effectiveness
        • Not Cost Effective
        • Probably Not To Healthy At Doses Required For Results
        Furuza-A, or Orastan-A, is a non-methylated prohormone in that is similar to winstrol. It has a short half-life, 3-4 hours, so needs to be dosed evenly throughout the day.

Furuza is known (like PStanz) for being a cutter/hardening agent. I used it as such as part of a stack with Epistane (which is what I base almost all of my cycles around). I ran 6 weeks of Furuza-A, starting at 150mg/day and getting up to 300mg/day. The first two weeks I ran Furuza solo, and the last 4 I ran it with Epi.

By the end of the first two weeks, I had lost about 1% of my BF, had massive vascularity increases in my arms and shoulders (especially top of forearms, they looked like a road map). Not much muscular growth though. So this is effective at what it says, but unfortunately it is EXTREMELY expensive to run at effective doses. I run it now at 400mg/day. There is 3000/mg in a bottle. 7 day supply for a bottle. This isn't the cheapest poo either, the least expensive I have found it is in a 3 pack from lockoutforums for $80. Others charge $35 a bottle.

Good cutter. Great vascularity. Huge doses needed, which makes it financially not worth it as what you spend on this, you could buy a whole other cycle. Also, at such higher doses (up to 2x recommended is really what I personally need)you are undoubtedly losing some of the benefits on non-methyls lack of stress on your body, I would bet it is getting much more stressful up there. Plus, Furuza still does shut down your endogenous test, so at such a high dose, you really are doing yourself roughly...plus you are stacking it likely....

June 8, 2011

• Fat Loss
        • Dry Joints
        • Lethargy
        Mmmmm....Epistane.

I really like this stuff. I have used it as the basis for 3 of my cycles. One solo, one with Furuza, and currently with Trenazone.

Mmmmm....Epistane.

I always feel it kick in right at the end of the second week, maybe day 10. My muscles feel bulged out, my strength goes up, my waist looks slimmer, and I get massive cases of the munchies. I put on about 7-10lbs each cycle so far, which I all I want at my height/weight really. I wouldn't be able to do my job well (Private Security, and no not security guard stuff) if I was much heavier and couldn't run/swim do obstacle stuff. Also, I spend alot of time on ships for parts of my job, up to a month at a time but usually just a few weeks, so I am constantly having to recomp as my diet cannot be controlled in these situations to a large degree.

I tend to lose around 2-3% bodyfat per my calipers as well as gaining weight, so I truly believe that this stuff works well.

It does dry the poo out of your joints though, so take your glucosamine/cissus or whatever you like to do. Can be painful. I don't get any backpumps, but some headaches and sleeping issues until I get adjusted.

Epistane, especially when you stack it, WILL SHUT YOU DOWN. This means it will cause your body to stop producing test, and your balls can shrink. THIS IS JUST ONE REASON THAT A SERM IS NOT AN OPTION. Serms will help you keep your gains by getting your test back up quicker. No reason not to use them. They are cheap compared to having permanently shrunken nutz.

Epistane also tends to cause lethargy, so one idea for a stack that Combats this is to add PP's Androhard or Stanodrol if you can find it. Expensive, but beneficial, and a good stack from what I hear. Taking DHEA is supposed to help with lethargy on cycle as well, but I don't mess with that stuff as it has unpredicatable aromatization qualities.

If you are 21 or over, and have questions, I will help you if I can.

I like IBE's Epistane, but can also vouch for Dynamic Formula's EP-Stane, which is a better value (90x 15mg pills in EP-Stane vs. 90x10mg pills in IBE Epistane).