Vaughn

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Vaughn

Thanks to Triple CS Supplements for sending it out!
  September 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune System Support
  • Fruit And Veggie Blend
  • Low Doses

A good bargain multivitamin, but if you're cutting you'll need more.

Hey SR, here today to review Triple CS Men's Multivitamin. Since I am usually on a cut and follow a ketosis carb/calorie restricted diet, I always take a multivitamin to fill all the holes that my diet doesn't provide. I also work in a school, so being around kids and germs all day I need to ensure that my immune system is working the best it can. Here's what I thought of Triple CS Men's multi.

As with most multis, the ingredient profile is prett...

A good bargain multivitamin, but if you're cutting you'll need more.

As with most multis, the ingredient profile is pretty extensive. This has your basic A, B, C, D, E, K vitamins, but at pretty low dosages in comparison to other multis. Vitamin A at 40% and D and E at 100% is much lower than a lot of other multis out there. I do like that they included the chelated forms of minerals like copper, manganese etc. Triple CS also includes 3 herbal blends consisting of male support, immune system, and fruit and veggie blend. I love that these are included and have great ingredients like saw palmetto, green tea, and grape seed extract but the dosages of these blends are pretty low when you look at effective dose needs. Overall, love in the ingredient profile but the dosages need a little work.

No taste or mixability, easy to swallow pills. Dosing was two pills a day with a meal, I always took with dinner. No herbal burps or aftertaste so that was good.

So a multi is always hard to judge in terms of effectiveness as there are a lot of factors that come into play with general health. I will say however, I felt a little more rundown while taking this and did get sick for a short time. With my diet being so restrictive and my workouts and cardio still being intense, I think that I need a little more from multi than most. I think if I was in a caloric surplus and got a lot more from my diet in terms of vitamins, minerals, and variety of foods, I think this probably would have worked fine. For someone like myself however, I think I will keep with the higher dosage multivitamins to be on the safe side.

The value of this is pretty nice, $20 for a 30 day supply. I think this puts it right there in range of bargain/quality vitamins and is appropriately priced for what you get.

Side Effects

Yellow pee.

Conclusion

I think this would a suitable multi for anyone that has a normal diet, but for someone that has a restrictive diet you may need a little more.

Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
  September 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Reduction
  • Exotic Ingredients
  • Appetite Suppression
  • A Little Expensive
  • Minimal Effects In Some Areas

An ok non stim fat burner.

Hey SR, here today to review Myokem's stim free fat burner called Thyrovate. I have come to look to sim free fat burners for increased metabolism, some thermogenics, and appetite control. The combination of these properties can make cutting a lot easier and help you lose a couple extra lbs a month, and is anice option if you are wanting to give your adrenal glands a break. Let's see how how Thyrovate did for me.

I feel this is a pretty extensive profile for a stim free fat burner. This...

An ok non stim fat burner.

I feel this is a pretty extensive profile for a stim free fat burner. This is a combinations of herbs and plants dedicated to increasing metabolism, reducing cortisol, regulating thyroid hormone, and controlling your appetite. The dosages look a little low, but it looks like Myokem went with very pure extracts of the ingredients. I like seeing Green Tea and Sensoril, as I have had a lot of success with these ingredients in the past. I have had hit and miss experiences with grains of paradise, more misses in pill form. They included Olive Leaf which is used to regulate thyroid hormone, and then we have some more exotic herbs like Japanese mugwort, Wakame, etc. Overall, I think this is a pretty good profile of ingredients designed to help you in a stim free way in weight loss.

No taste or mixability, easy to swallow pills. Dosing isn't the easiest at two pills twice a day with meals but not the hardest to follow either.

In my opinion, this worked ok but didn't blow my socks off. As far as non stim fat burners go I had a much better experience with Torem but Thyrovate did help in several areas. The #1 thing I look for in a fat burner is appetite control, as calorie restriction is where you're going to see most of your progress. When taking this I noticed I was a little less hungry throughout the day but it did not crush my appetite like other products. When doing cardio I did not notice much of a thermogenic boost in terms of body heat and sweat. I noticed some slight slimming in the abdominal region, but hard to say if it was this product and just my diet in general. I did lose some fat during my run of this but it was about what I was expecting without the help of supplements. Overall, this helped cutting in a couple of ways but I have had better products.

$40 for a non stim fat burner that lasts 30 days when taking at full dosage is pretty steep. They are using very pure extracts of some exotic ingredients so I understand the price, but for the results I received I would hesitate to buy again at this price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is an ok non stim fat burner. It provided some support in some key areas but I have had more success elsewhere.

Overall
Overall
6.8
6.6
Thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Reduced DOMs
  • Hydration Support
  • Fully Disclosed Profile
  • Slight Energy Boost

Provided ok recovery and nice energy, but price is too steep to be competitive.

Hey SR, here today to review HD Labs Nutrition's amino product called Sustain Intra and Recovery. I almost always have an amino product on hand throughout my keto lifestyle to preserve muscle mass and help with recovery. These products have really become hot in the market with a lot of premium products that help in a lot of different ways. Here's how Sustain stacks up.

Fully disclosed and transparent which is nice. With Sustain you ...

Provided ok recovery and nice energy, but price is too steep to be competitive.

Fully disclosed and transparent which is nice. With Sustain you receive 5 g of BCAAs in the preferred 2:1:1 ratio, then we get some B Vitamins, electrolytes, 1.35 g of choline for focus, and 117 mg of sustained release caffeine. My first thoughts about this profile is that it's a little low on BCAAs but 5 g is pretty standard, and the caffeine and b vitamins would probably give me a small boost of energy and focus which could be nice. I automatically want to compare it to Amino Energy by Optimum and other similar products. Overall, I thought the profile is nice for a recovery energy product so I was happy to give this a try.

Mixability was good, a little foaming but nothing crazy. Dosing is whenever really for aminos, I usually take these intra but since this had caffeine and didn't want to overdo it I would take this in the afternoon in between meals as an energy boost as well. The flavor was Crackberry Lemonade and it was delicious, a perfect mixture of sweet and sour. I looked forward to this everytime.

Overall, I thought this was a little above average in terms of an amino product, but far from the top of the line supplement. My recovery was decreased, but the DOMS lingered a little bit longer than normal at a good three days. Other amino products I take decrease this quite a bit more. The hydration elements of this were nice, it's hot as hell here in Phoenix so that's always appreciated. The energy and focus from this was very slight however. Since I usually take a pretty strong preworkout, I think this is a little too low for me to register, but it did get me through some afternoons. So, this did help me and was effective in some ways, I just have had some better recovery products and might be spoiled in this area.

This is a pretty tough area for this as well considering the effectiveness, as this is $35 for 30 servings. When you can grab some bulk aminos at 5 g and pop some cheap caffeine, or even compare to Amino Energy etc. the value on this is not the best. I'd have some trouble buying again at this price because of the competition, but it's not out of the world unfair either.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is an above average amino products that is lagging behind the competition in terms of price, availability, and variety.

7.1
Thanks to TC Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Open Label
  • Endurance
  • Consistent Pumps

A very well dosed and comprehensive preworkout/

Hey SR, here today to review a preworkout called Batch 27 from TC Nutrition. I workout fasted very early in the morning before work so I depend on something to get me going at the gym, but also something that won't make me crash as I have a long day of work and family ahead of me. I really look for strong but extended energy, endurance, and focus in my preworkouts. HEre's how Batch 27 did for me.

Overall, I think this is a very nice and comprehensive ingredient profi...

A very well dosed and comprehensive preworkout/

Overall, I think this is a very nice and comprehensive ingredient profile. Some of the highlights are a very big dose of citrulline at 8 g for a pump, big doses of beta alanine and betaine at 3.5 and 1.8 grams respectively for endurance support. Then we have the usual suspects of stimulants and nootropics with caffeine, carnitine, tyrosine, huperzine, etc. What I do like seeing is a 275 mg dose of caffeine, but then an extra 50 mg of citrate. I have found that I really like caffeine blends as they don't stim shock me but last throughout my workouts and don't cause a crash. I really like this profile as it addresses all of my major needs for a preworkout in fully disclosed and solid dosages. I attached the profile for you to look at as well.

Pretty standard dosing, one scoop 20-30 min preworkout. I always took in the morning. No foaming or grittiness, this mixed well in my shaker with water. The flavor I had was sour patch kids, and it was a little disappointing. Very sour, and even though like sour more than sweet it took a little getting used to. It's a preworkout though so just chug it and enjoy.

I'll break down this preworkout in the usual areas:

Pump: I always view a pump as a bonus, and respond the best to beet root or hydromax, but this does a great job here probably due to the very high dose. I receieved consistent pumps every time I took this.

Energy: Excellent. This woke me up very quickly upon taking and by the time I hit the gym I was ready to go. The energy lasted throughout my hour-hour and a half workout with lifting and cardio. Nothing super crazy, but steady clean energy.

Endurance: I switched back to lifting heavy during my run of this and feel that it helped. I was able to power through my sets and reps better when taking this even though my muscles were in shock by the heavier weights. I felt I could keep going at the end of lifting.

Focus: I have really come to love nootropics, mood enhancers, and focus ingredients and although this helped some with the energy, I didn't feel a huge boost in focus that other products have provided. This is one area where this could be improved.

Overall, this is a great preworkout that worked everytime for me. I have since switched preworkouts, and miss this one.

So little distribution and well dosed ingredients equals a big price tag, and you get 20 servings here for $45. This hurts since I workout 6 days a week usually and honestly at this price it would be hard for me to buy again, but I don't feel the value is way off as it worked extremely well for me and are receiving good doses of ingredients. I will be on the lookout for sales though.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is an excellent preworkout that you should try, especially if you have some extra money to spend.

Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • MCTs
  • Fits Macros
  • Carbs High
  • A Bit Pricey

A good whey blend protein, better flavoring and some extras than bulk.

Hey SR, here today to review Flex Nutrition's whey protein called Everyday Whey Pro. I use protein daily to meet macro requirements, help with recovery, stay out of a catabolic state, and satiate hunger. Because of these purposes, I usually enjoy a whey/casein blend but I adjust to what I have, make my own, and find most proteins very useful in helping me with my goals. Here's how Everyday Whey did.

I would say this is an above average whey pro...

A good whey blend protein, better flavoring and some extras than bulk.

I would say this is an above average whey protein profile. I attached the supplement facts, but the macros are as follows: 140 cals, 2g fat, 4g carbs (2g sugar), 24 g protein. With these macros, it's pretty easy to fit into the most strict diet plans, even though the carbs are a little higher than I like on my keto diet. This protein then adds some MCTs, which I really like for my keto diet, and Stevia for a more natural sweetening option. Overall, a good profile and looks like a mixture between bargain and more premium with the ingredients.

Because of the MCTs and a little added sugar, this whey has a better taste than cleaner or bulk proteins. I had the creamy vanilla flavor and even though I'm not huge on vanilla it was good. Mixability was good, minimal shaking, and a little thicker than regular which I like. Dosing is whenever you need it, I would usually take postworkout or as a snack/meal replacement mid day. I usually took one full scoop of this, but sometimes I did a half/half with casein.

Proteins are hard to judge, but since this was easy to fit into my macro/diet plan this worked. I progressed in terms of my goals in the gym and my recovery did not suffer. I didn't lose any muscle mass even though I am cutting so it kept me out of a catabolic state along with my protein macros. I will say, I did enjoy this more when I mixed a half scoop with a half scoop of casein as it helped me in terms of satiating hunger, but did an ok job by itself as well. I had no digestion issues so this protein worked well for me.

This is on the pricier side of things at $35 for 26 servings. You can definitely buy cheaper bulk proteins and receive a much better $/serving, but this does taste better, have MCTs and stays away from artificial sweeteners. I would like it a little cheaper, but I think it's fair.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a nice protein and a mix between bargain and premium. It worked well for me and will look for sales.

Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
  August 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • High Dose Core Vitamins
  • Fully Disclosed Profile

A solid multi, but cheaper and more expansive options available.

Hi SR, here today to review Flex Nutrition's multivitamin RX MULTI. I'm a big fan of multivitamins as I'm usually on a strict diet where I don't get a lot of food sources for vitamins and minerals, and I work at a school with 900 kids so keeping my health and immune system running at the top of it's game. There a lot of options out there from cheap to premium, so let's see how RX Multi fits in for me.

As with any multivitamin, a pretty expansive list ...

A solid multi, but cheaper and more expansive options available.

As with any multivitamin, a pretty expansive list of ingredients of which I have attached a picture. You have good dosages of vitamins A, B, C, D, E as with most multis, plus chelated minerals which I prefer of Magnesium, Zinc, Chromium, etc. These dosages of the minerals are lower than desires though, wish those were a bit higher. Then we get a couple more extras with PABA, Choline, Rutin, etc. and some other things for overall health. I like all the extras in here, but doses are pretty low, and I really prefer some digestive enzymes and/or fruit and veggie blends in my multi. Overall though, I was ready to give it a try.

4 pills once a day with food, I always took with dinner. 4 pills is a lot, but they are typical multi as far as pills go.

Yes, multivitamins are hard to gauge in straight up effectiveness as you don't feel them, but there are some things I look for. Since I am in a carb and caloric deficit, if I'm not running full steam I feel it right away. My energy levels stayed up while taking this. Also with my diet, I look to regularity and everything was fine in that department as well. I didn't get sick while on this either and overall just felt good so I have nothing to complain about here. With my very restrictive diet and carb/calorie counts it's very easy to get sick and/or run down so I was happy with the effectiveness of this multi.

This is section that hurts this product in my opinion. At $30 for a 25 day supply, it's pretty expensive. For $30 you can get a great multi like Optimum Nutrition, which has more ingredients and a longer run. It would be tough for me to choose this over that, or even Flex Nutrition's basic multi which I also enjoyed which is at a better price point and worked well too.

Side Effects

Yellow pee.

Conclusion

This is a solid multi that won't let you down, but at the price point there are better values out there.

Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
  July 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced DOMS
  • No Extras
  • Too Expensive For Just Bcaas

Decent BCAAs with natural flavorings and sweeteners, but missing all the extras for an intraworkout for the price.

Hey SR, back at it again today to review Black Sheep Supplements BCAA supplement A Mean o' Daddy BCAA. I train fasted in the morning and have been cutting for awhile, so I view as bcaas/intras as crucial in staying out of a catabolic state and helping me recover from my workouts. Over the years this category of supplements has really improved with good doses of bcaas, pump ingredients, endurance, energy, hydration etc. Let's see how thisMean O Daddy stacked up!

Very simple profile, maybe too simple. Mean o Daddy lists 6 grams of BCAAs in the preferred 2:1:1 ratio. 6 grams is a solid dose, and 2:1:1 is great but the label still lists it as a prop blend. For piece of mind I would like to see it listed out. Also Mean O Daddy promotes itself as all natural with artificial sweeteners, colors, etc. Since the BCAAs are 6 g and the scoop size is 7.8 I can guess how much, but maybe a little more disclosure of the stevia, etc. used would be nice. I think more importantly what's missing is any of the extras. Sometimes simple is great, but when the field goes above and beyond you have to try and keep up and this has zero extras, so it's really just competing with bulk bcaas with it's all natural ingredients. That being said, I love BCAAs so was eager to give it a shot.

So how was the all natural flavor? Eh....it grew on me. I have the pineapple ginger twist flavor and at first I hated it, but it kind of grew on me. A lot more sour than sweet and heavy on the ginger flavor. Mixability was ok, did have some foaming issues but nothing terrible. I always took this intraworkout.

For the main purpose of the BCAAs this worked pretty good, I did get some reduced DOMS, but I have had much better. Usually the DOMS lasted 3-4 days after intense heavy days, and with other above average products that is reduced to around 2 days. To be honest, what I missed most with this product was the hydration. I live in Phoenix and I really depend on hydration this time of year, and I think maybe some coconut water would be a nice add to this to help there and with the flavoring. Just a thought. I didn't lose any muscle mass while cutting and on this so I was happy, but didn't ehance my workouts any which a lot of intras do these days.

This costs $25 for 30 servings. I think this is fair as all natural costs a little bit more, but you can get some much more inclusive preworkouts at this price that help you in more ways. Bulk BCAAs would be much cheaper, I think this is just an option for all natural types.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're into the all natural lifestyle this is an option, but they are cheaper and more premium options out there at this price point for mainstream lifters.

Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  July 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pretty Good Pumps
  • Increased Energy And Focus
  • Failed To Meet Expectations

This preworkout delivered in most of the crucial preworkout areas, but wasn't as strong as I expected.

Hey SR, here today to review RCSS's new formula of their preworkout Yeah Buddy. I have used a lot of RCSS products and I have always been happy, they are a very reputable company deliver solid ingredients and products in my opinion. I workout first thing in the morning fasted before work, and I am not a morning person so I constantly have a preworkout on hand to help me wake up and hit the gym hard. When I saw this new formula I really wanted to give this a try.

Props to RCSS for a fully disclosed ingredient profile. This is definitely aimed to be a high stim, energy, and focus preworkout. We have 4 g of Citrulline for pumps, 2 g of Beta Alanine which is a little low, 550 mg of Choline for focus, a very big blend of 420 mg of caffeine in an extended release blend, 200 mg of Advantra Z which I like because I am cutting, and 100 mg each of Teacrine and Dynamine each to enhance energy and focus. When I look at this profile I am very impressed with the energy, stim, and focus ingredients which are crucial in preworkouts for me. I don't mind that the citrulline is a little low as pumps aren't that important for me, but the 2 g of beta alanine I do wish was a little higher. Overall though, I definitely thought the profile looked intense and was ready to give it a try.

I had the green apple flavor, and it was great. I usually hate green apple as it's overly sweet and artificial tasting a lot of the time, but they nailed it. Mixability was great, no foaming or grittiness. Dosing was before working out, easy enough.

So, this delivered in just about every way I can think of, but just less than I thought it would. I felt an increase in energy and focus that hit pretty quick and lasted throughout my workout, but considering the ingredients I just thought it would be more. I felt an uptick in focus as well, but nothing new in comparison to other preworkouts with Teacrine, nothing new from the Dynamine. The energy helped me complete my workouts with energy, but I did notice a little decrease in endurance and number of reps, etc. It's noteworthy when I switched to a different preworkout after taking this I got beta alanine tingles again where they were absent with this. Surprisingly, I did get a decent pump on this most days, and I usually don't respond well to just citrulline so that was nice. Overall, I felt this was a good preworkout that helped me, but I have had too many others perform better.

Very fairly priced at $28 for 30 servings. Usually good preworkouts come in at about $1 a serving or over so to come in under is very good.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This works, I'm just surprised as to how much because maybe I built this up in my head, it was stim overload, etc. who knows. This is a great company and may very well work for you better, but I would rate this as just above average.

Thanks to Rexx Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Increased Energy And Focus
  • Light Nootropic
  • Not Great At Any One Thing

A decent fat burner that helps in weight loss, but better options out there.

A decent fat burner that helps in weight loss, but better options out there.

Hey SR, here today to review Rexx Sports Nutrition's thermogenic called Hyper Blaze. I've been on a continual cutting process for awhile now, and with only the most stubborn fat left the thrill of seeing lbs fly off is gone. Cutting sucks, and to continue to see progress I still feel weight loss products have a place in helping me with a little increased metabolism, but I really look for a pick me up in energy, appetite suppressant, and nootropic effect to help with all of the side effects of dieting. Let's see how Hyper Blaze helped me reach these goals.

Truth be told, I like the profile pretty well overall. We have a lot of very well known weight loss ingredients in here at pretty good dosages. I have attached the supplement facts, but here are some of the highlights: 400 mg of Green Tea, 100 mg of Advantra Z, 250 mg of caffeine, 65 mg of Teacrine, some Chromium, raspberry ketones, garlic, ginger, and capsimax. All of these ingredients aim at several facets of weight loss with energy, thermogensis, overall health, and increasing metabolism. Raspberry ketones most people don't believe in, but the two most proven ingredients in a synergistic weight loss effect of caffeine and green tea are present so overall, a pretty solid profile. I have had some weight loss products with much lower doses than this work pretty well in a synergistic way so I was happy to give this a try.

No taste, two easy to swallow pills twice a day before food. Not the easiest protocol, not the hardest either. I always took before a lunch/protein shake and dinner. I mentioned no taste, but every once in awhile I did get some garlicky burps.

When I look at all the facets of a weight loss supplement, this did a decent job at everything but certainly didn't blow me away in any aspect. The energy was noticeable, but very light. It did have a little prolonged effect because of the Teacrine which I am a fan of. I didn't notice a thermogenic effect at all, and I had a slight uptick on mood. Since I took this before food as directed, probably to control blood sugar spikes, I didn't get a huge appetite suppressant effect out of this either. Honestly in todays world, it's pretty damn easy to get something cheap to give you energy and focus, even more why I look for appetite suppressing qualities and nootropics in my fat burners. These were present, but I have had much better unfortunately. Overall, this supplement was "pretty good," but not really what I'm looking for.

Considering the ingredients and dosages I feel this is a pretty good deal at $35 for a full 30 day supply. A little over $1 a day is common place for most fat burners.

Side Effects

Some herbal burps.

Conclusion

If you're looking for an all around type fat burner that won't blow out your nervous system this could be an option, but overall I feel this fat burner is just ok.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  July 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Metabolism
  • Makes A Good Sweat

A great carnitine supplement with added thermogenic benefits.

Hey SR, here today to review VMI's carnitine supplement L Carnitine 1500 HEAT. I've recently got into carnitine supplements the past year or so while cutting and think they do a great of adding some endurance, metabolism benefits, and enhancing other supplements you might be taking. Shortly before this I ran VMI's other carnitine supplement L Carnitine 3000 with great success, so I was eager to try this one as well and see any other benefits or differences.

----Ingredient Profil...

A great carnitine supplement with added thermogenic benefits.

To be honest, I was a little skeptical of this profile. At a still solid 1500 mg of carnitine, in which they deliver 500 mg of three different forms (L, ALCAR, and Tartate), it's half the dose of the Carnitine 3000 supplement I just finished so I was worried about a difference in effectiveness. Then we have the HEAT added extras of green tea, black pepper, GBEE, and grains of paradise. All of these ingredients have metabolism/thermogenic properties but the doses are pretty low, and I have had very mixed results with grains of paradise. Since it has been showing up more in fat burners, etc. I really haven't had a lot of success with it. That being said, I always have had success with VMI in the past and always willing to try new things.

Dosing is one tbsp a day, pretty simple. It's recommended to take this before exercise, and I also recommend that especially adding to your preworkout. I did this with the 3000 and it greatly improved teh quality of my preworkout and endurance. I did this with this product as well and it worked great. No mixability issues as it's a liquid and you either take straight up with a spoon or when you dump it into your preworkout it mixes great and adds a little flavor. The flavor I had was Patriot Pop, and when I took standalone it wasn't great, pretty tart and sour. It's a pretty small serving so not a big deal and if you dump it into something else it's perfectly fine.

Well, this was very surprising to me, but I enjoyed this even more than the 3000. When I took this with my preworkout, it provided the same endurance benefits and energy as the 3000. Definitely a preworkout enhancer. What really surprised me however was the thermogenic benefits. When I took this preworkout I noticed a significant change in body temp and sweated a lot more than usual. I did not experience this with the 3000 even though dosing and workouts were the same. Maybe it was the grans of paradise in liquid form and synergistic effect of the other ingredients, but I was very pleasantly surprised with this and it helped me shed a couple of extra pounds throughout the month than I expected. I was very pleased with performance of this product.

At $20 for 31 servings and the benefits I received, I see this as an extra but a great addition and nicely priced. I would buy again at this price for sure.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product, it provided extra energy, metabolism, and thermogenic effects to my workouts.