Vaughn

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Vaughn

Overall
Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
  February 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Cheap
  • Gentle
  • Stool Softening
  • Loud Stomach Noises
  • Some Cramping

Hey SR, here today to review Herbal Nitro's My Gentle Cleanse. About every 6 months or so I like to do a detox or cleanse to kind of "refresh." Also, since I have been utilizing a very low carb diet, bowel movements can become much more irregular, painful etc with a diet that consists of a lot of meat, cheese, etc. Herbal Nitro also has a companion product, My Gentle Detox, which is very similar and I tried as well. The profiles are ver similar, but My Gentle Cleanse was designed for hard bowel movements as a stool softener and My Gentle Detox for regularity. Here's how My Gentle Cleanse worked for me.

A pretty straight forward, simple profile, but also a prop blend. The profile consists of Cascara Sagrada (stool softening), Senna Leaf (colon push), Fennel (bloating), Dandelion (antioxidant), and Aloe Vera (soothing). All of these ingredients are used to help in digestion, stool softening, and help your bowel movements. I do like this more natural approach with herbs and plants rather than some of the more chemical based laxatives.

No taste or burps, easy to swallow pills. Dosage is one a day with lots of water, I always took first thing in the morning. Pretty simple and easy to take which is a plus.

Alright so how did this work. I can say that yes it is gentle, as for me it didn't make me rush to the bathroom right away. Some chemical laxatives will work too well in that respect and make for a rough day. In fact, some days I didn't even have a bowel movement which isn't too unusual for me as I'm cutting, not a lot of food, low carb etc. Because of this however, my stool is usually pretty hard and can make for a tough process. This however did an excellent job at stool softening as every bowel movement was very easy to pass. Not straight up water like some chemical laxatives which was also nice. Overall, I was very pleased with how this product helped soften my bowel movements.

I feel this has a great value at $16 for a full 30 days. It's not uncommon to find a cleanse/detox product for around $20 but usually they are of the 7, 10, or 14 day variety. To get a full 30 day supply at this price and coupled with it's effectiveness is a win.

Side Effects

As my title states, this could also be a little rough. Whenever I took this my stomach would make all kinds of weird noises. When someone was close to me it could be a little embarrassing. Also, as I stated, this didn't make me rush to bathroom as soon as I took it but when my bowel movement did come there would be a little stomach cramping and it did come urgently once I felt the need.

Conclusion

I really felt this product helped with softening my bowel movements and made life easier with my crazy diet. With a solid price and effectiveness I think this is a win.

February 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Boost
  • Sleep Through The Night
  • Recovery
  • Some Sleep Hangover
  • Prop Blend

Hey SR, here today to review Adaptogen Science's sleep and recovery aid Night Flight. I'm a huge fan of sleep and recovery aids as I am a firm believer that quality sleep is one of the biggest factors in seeing progress in your goals. As easy as this sounds, with the crazy lifestyles, work schedules, common stresses, and caffeine (guilty) in our lives it's easier said than done. I have used basic single supplements for sleep to premium sleep products so let's see where Night Flight lands.

Some high points and low points for this profile ...

Some high points and low points for this profile in my opinion. The lowest point? Prop blend. For sleep supplements, especially since some can cause some side effects, I feel this hurts more than normal, it would be nice to know how much of each ingredient you're getting. It also looks like some of these ingredients are under dosed if you look at effective doses, but sometimes synergistic works as well. The highlights? Night Flight addresses sleep and recovery in a lot ways, some pretty unique for this category. We get some Vitamin D, Zinc, and Magnesium in the profile which are nice. For Immune support we have Vitamin C, Glutamine, and Colostrum. At about 2g in the prop bled, you're definitely not getting enough glutamine, but Vitamin C is always welcome in my world and Colostrum has IgG that helps fight off disease and has antibodies for immune support. For sleep we have GABA, 5-HTP, Tryptophan, and Melatonin. All of these are pretty well known sleep agents. Some people don't like Melatonin because of sleep hangovers, however I have never really had a problem with it. It is missing some ingredients I like, Phenibut (the better form of GABA but has some dependency issues), Valerian Root, and L-Dopa. What I was most looking forward too in this was the joint support, which usually isn't in sleep products. We have all the heavy hitters with Glucosamine, MSM, HA, Bromelain, etc. However, at at 2.6g prop blend you're not getting the effective doses of each. Overall, this is a nice profile. I wish it wasn't a prop blend but I like the concept and hoping the synergistic effects would provide great sleep and recovery.

Dosing is easy one scoop 30 min before bed. Mixability was good too, a little foaming action that I had to wait to settle. I was extremely worried about the flavor of Chamomile Lime Tea, as I hate tea, but surprisingly it was very good and I began to look forward to it. Nothing to complain about here in comparison to other powder sleep aids.

Alright, how well did it work? Overall, I thought it was a pretty good product. In terms of sleep, this did not make me fall asleep faster which was disappointing. I like when these products give you a relaxing feeling and make your drowsy so as soon as you hit the bed you're out. The quality of sleep however was very nice. It was very deep and restful with some weird dreams which means you're in a really good REM sleep. I did see some enhanced recovery benefits with less muscle soreness in the morning. I did however have some sleep hangover somedays, a little harder to get up and going as I wanted to stay in bed even though I got a good 7-8 hours of sleep. I think a strong component of this was the immune support, as I did not get sick and overall felt better even though some nasty colds were going around my workplace. I was disappointed in the joint support however, as I saw a little relief in some nagging joint pain but nothing really to write home about. Overall, I would rate this as above average as it did provide some nice sleep and recovery, but lags behind some of the other sleep products I enjoy like Resurrect PM.

This is currently out of stock at a lot of places, the lowest I could find is $42 for 30 servings. I feel this very expensive as products I enjoyed more are less expensive. I could see the value in this if the joint support worked better, but for me it would make it a tough buy again.

Side Effects

Some sleep hangover effects.

Conclusion

Above average sleep aid, nice sleep, recovery, and immune support but would like to seethe joint formula improved and more competitive price.

Thanks to Magnitude Life Sciences for sending it out!
  January 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Extra Intra-Workout Goodies
  • Maintains Muscle
  • Tastes Great
  • Very High BCAA Dosing
  • Great Recovery
  • No Real Pump
  • Missing Electrolytes

Hey SR, here today to do a review for Magnitude Life Sciences intraworkout product called Intrastellar. Intraworkout/amino products are a staple for me as I train fasted in the morning and I really look to them to keep me out of a catabolic state and improve my recovery from DOMS. In addition to these benefits, great intra products may provide pump enhancers, hydration, and endurance ingredients to improve your workouts. Let's see how Intrastellar stacked up.

Overall, I feel Intrastellar has a great profile. The main ingredient is of ...

Overall, I feel Intrastellar has a great profile. The main ingredient is of course the BCAAs, and this gives a very generous amount in 10 grams at the 2:1:1 ratio. 5 grams being leucine is very nice as I do like leucine heavy intraworkouts, my all time favorite being the old Amino IV from PES. The extras added to this profile for even more recovery are glutamine at 3g, and a nice dose of HICA a leucine metabolite at 1 g. They also try to address a pump at 1 g of Arginine and Taurine at 1 g. Not big doses here at all but if used in conjunction with a good pump preworkout can extend or enhance a pump. So overall, I really like the profile as it has great doses especially at ingredients aimed to help recovery.

You could dose this anytime you needed, but this is marketed as an intraworkout and that's how I took it, sipping on it throughout my workouts. Mixability was very good for a leucine heavy product with a little foaming, but I did not have to reshake and there was no resettling. The gummy worm flavor was spot on, not too sour, not too sweet, and was very refreshing. Nothing to complain about here at all.

In terms of effectiveness, this ranks up there with the best intraworkouts I have taken in terms of recovery. My DOMS was noticeably was noticeably shortened in terms of days and also in severity. I was able to recovery a lot faster even as I have switched to a heavier routine. I did feel as though my endurance throughout my workouts and cardio was improved as well as I felt less tired and was able to move through my sets more easily. I did not however receive much of a boost in terms of pump, but in fairness my diet isn't very compatible with a pump at the moment and the profile of this intra isn't pump heavy. Also lacking somewhat was hydration elements. I'm still doing quite a bit of cardio, and although taurine and glutamine can help a little hydration I did miss the electrolytes and/or coconut water a lot of intras use these days. If you're just lifting I doubt this would make a difference for you, but if you're cardio heavy like me with some basketball and treadmill/stairs action you might want a little more here.

$45 for 30 servings and you can only get it from their website and one other. This is definitely very expensive for an intra, but because of the profile and doses of ingredients (10 g bcaas, HICA also is expensive, added glutamine) I do think it's a fair price. I do think the price should come down a little though hopefully with more distribution, and this worked extremely well for recovery so I'm not going to knock the value here too much. On a sale, I would pick some up no problem.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for an elite recovery intra, this is it. It'll cost you, but your muscles will be happy you spent the cash.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 16, 2018

• Strong Effect On Libido
  • Cortisol Reduction
  • Strength Gains
  • 6 Caps Can Be A Lot To Take At Once
  • Not Much Of A Leaningrecomp Effect
  • Took Awhile To Get Going

Hey SR, here today to do a review for Outbreak Nutrition's natural test booster called Rise. Being 36 and have been lifting for a long time, I 'm a prime candidate for natty test boosters. Of course these aren't going to raise your test levels to PH levels and you're not going to see massive gains, but quality natty test boosters for me have helped me break strength plateaus, increase libido, and improve body composition. Let's see how Rise did below.

At first glance, this is a great profile (and I have attached the supplement facts). I've used a lot of Outbreak products, most with great success, and one thing they do a great job at is disclosure and doses. All of the ingredients in profile are pretty well known natty test boosters/AI that I have used in other products and have liked. Fenugreek, Longjack, Boron, are all natty test boosters that have been around for awhile and have solid doses in this. Arimistane is an AI for estrogen control and has a dose at 50 mg, which may be a little low as I have found 75 to be the sweet spot for me in the past with other products. One ingredient I really like here is KSM-66, which is very stress/cortisol control. Since my main goal is body recomp and I keep what little fat I have left in the lower abs/lovehandle area, cortisol control is a great thing to address. The biggest ingredient in this, and it was the least known to me, was Fadogia at 1200 mg. After reading a little about this, it also is a natty test booster that has shown to increase test in some studies and increase semen count as well. I've never used a product with this ingredient but the research was intriguing and the other ingredients I really have enjoyed in the past, so I was excited to give this a shot. Definitely one of the better profiles for a natty test booster.

No taste or mixability, 6 easy to swallow caps. Yes 6 caps is a lot, but there are good doses of ingredients and they didn't want horse pills so it's good with me. Dosing was 6 caps once a day with food, which is very easy to follow. I always took with dinner.

So I mentioned the goals and what I look for in a natty test booster above, so I'll break it down into categories. I will mention though, and this is the case sometimes with natty test boosters, it took awhile to feel the effects. I was pretty close to two weeks in before I felt the effects.

Libido: Big increase in desire. I have a good sex drive as is, but definitely the urge more frequently throughout the day and was ready to go at a moments notice.

Strength: I did see a jump in strength in several compound lifts that I've been sitting at for awhile. Increased the reps and then was able to increase the weight. Very nice.

Body recomp: Some would say all good, I'll say some good and some bad for me. My goal for a long time has been to lean out while keeping (hopefully gaining) my muscle. Sometimes a good natty test booster allows you to do these very hard things at once for a short while. I definitely felt this helped me gain muscle mass (explains the strength), but I didn't get the leaning effects from the arimistane. I definitely felt bulkier while on this, which is great and my muscles felt and looked bigger, but to someone who's cutting can be a little bit of a problem. It didn't help me recomp as much as just gain in size/strength. Definitely not complaining too much, but when I use a straight up AI the effects are different.

Overall, great results. However, being that it took awhile to start I felt I was really only getting going by the time the bottle was gone. Everyone is different especially when it comes to products like this, so it may hit you faster, I really wish I would have done an 8 week run though as I think the results would have been great.

$35 for 30 days is not bad at all, especially since you get a test booster/AI combo with good doses and several ingredients. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again at this price.

Side Effects

A little short tempered, some light acne at the end, but that's a good sign for a test booster.

Conclusion

I thought this was a very nice product, but I would like to run longer and when I'm bulking more for size. If you're looking for a little boost this can do it.

Thanks to Regicide Supplements for sending it out!
  January 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Reduced DOMs

Back at it again SR with a review of Regicide Supplements preworkout, called Regicide Preworkout. I always have a preworkout on hand to give me the extra energy, endurance, and motivation to really hit the gym hard. There a lot of different preworkouts out there, some just stim bombs, others more geared toward the pump etc. This preworkout aims to help everything, and I think it does a great job. Details below.

I attached the supplements, and they are fully disclosed and impressive. This preworkout is not just a preworkout, but also an amino supplement, and includes tons of extras like designer creatine (HCL) to really address all of your workout needs. Here are the highlights:

Energy and focus: 300 mg caffeine, full grams of Tyrosine and NALC, and 300 mg of Theanine for crash support. 300 mg is a good amount of caffeine, I wouldn't mind a little extra or some extended release here.

Pump: 3 g L-Citrulline, 3 g Citrulline Malate, 1 g Agmatine. 6 g total of citrulline is nice, I however like the agmatine more as Citrulline doesn'talways work with me and my diet.

Recovery: 6 grams BCAAs in a Leucine heavy 4:1:1 ratio. Leucine is the most important bcaa, and 6 grams is where most BCAA supplements are.

Strength and Endurance: I feel this is the strongest part of the profile. A whopping 4.2 g Beta Alanine, 1.5 g Betaine, 1.5 g carnitine, 1.5 g Creatine HCL, 1 g Taurine. All of these are very well dosed and are all well known ingredients for endurance and strength.

Overall, this is a very impressive, well dosed preworkout aimed to help you in many ways. Some minor tweaks for pump or energy would be my only complaints, but definitely minor. Was eager to give this a shot.

Mixability was great, mixed very easily in my shaker. Dosing is standard, one scoop preworkout. The taste I had was watermelon, and although good, I wouldn't classify it as watermelon. Color was clear when first mixed and then turned yellow, Was more of a tropical taste to it, and I know it's ahrd to cover up all of these ingredients. It tasted good, just a little different.

As I've said a couple times already, this worked really well for me. I'll break it down below:

Energy: Good clean energy, no crash. Definitely not the strongest stim preworkout out there, but that's ok. It gave me enough energy to last throughout my workout and cardio. Solid enough.

Pump: This worked a lot better for me than I thought it would. Maybe the different forms of Citrulline worked better? I had consistent nice pumps on this which is rare for me.

Endurance/Strength: This was by the best part of this workout. Muscles definitely felt less tired near the end of my workouts and I was able to push harder. Creatine helped in this as well with the usual steady strength gains. I felt great all the way through taking this.

Recovery: Not usually an aspect of a preworkout, but I noticed much better recovery with the aminos in this even though I usually use other aminos intra. The extra leucine I feel really helped my cause here.

Overall, this preworkout worked great for me in just about every area. Maybe a weak with the energy, maybe add some mood/nootropics, but those are just stickler complaints. This preworkout was great.

I'm going to cut some clack here with the value, but this is very expensive at $52 for just 20 servings. Now, because this worked great for me it helps the value. Second, you can view this as a 3 in 1 with preworkout, aminos, and creatine. That being said, it's still pretty expensive and probably needs to come down in price to be truly competitive with other great all in ones like Nutrabio, etc.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I had a great run on this and think this is a top tier preworkout if you can afford it.

January 8, 2018

• Not Great At Anything

Hey SR, here today to do a review for Adaptogen Science's fat burner called Furian Xtreme. I've been cutting for awhile and always on the look out for a great fat burner to help in that quest. I've had a lot of good ones in the past in both forms of high stim (OptiBurn, old school Alphamine) and non stim (Torem), and see value in both types. Your diet is obviously the most important factor when cutting, but a good fat burner can help in a number of ways like energy, thermo effect, appetite control, etc. So let's see how this stacked up.

...

Interesting profile, and props for it being fully disclosed. This has a mixture of some stims and some non stim fat loss ingredients that are pretty well known, with maybe on exception. As far as stims, you get 260 mg of caffeine (a decent amount, but I usually have preworkouts much stronger), Teacrine which I love as a longer lasting energy but kind of low at 45 mg, 125 mg of Tyrosine for some focus (a little low as well), and 40 mg of Advantra Z which always works pretty well especially with low carb diets like mine. Then in the non stim varietywe have 50 mg of Forskolin which I like and have used before in products like Anabeta Elite and is used mostly for a recomp, and a newer ingredient in 6-Paradol at 50 mg which is a Grains of Paradise extract. After doing some research this can increase your metabolism in some studies, boost testosterone, decrease estrogen, and can be a powerful antioxidant. However there was a stipulation that all were using cold therapy as well. Some possible sides do include urinary tract distress though. The 50 g dosage of this ingredient does look on the good side for this ingredient, and I'm always looking to try something new so I was down to give it a shot. Overall, a mixture of some stims, non stims, and in semi good/ a little low dosages. Not a bad profile, not great, some points for creativity.

No taste or mixability, easy to swallow pills. Dosing states to take one pill a day. I did this for a majority of the container, however I did use two pills a day near the end which I'll explain later.

So as my title states, this wasn't a very good stim fat burner or a non stim fatburner. Overall, I didn't get much out of this product than a slight pick me up after taking. Because of the lack of effectiveness, I even upped the dosage to two pills a day near the end and in similar results, it was just a slight pick me up. My diet was pretty good while on this and my workouts/cardio continued, but I only had a slight decrease in fat/weight. The other factors I look to when using a fat burner weren't there at all. There was no thermo during the day or when I used before cardio, and the most important factor for me in appetite control was non existent either. My mood and focus were elevated slightly with the energy, but nothing to write home about. Overall, this product just didn't work for me very well. I've used fat burners whether high stim or low stim that do a better job in these areas.

The value of this is pretty good (if it works for you) which is $35 for 60 caps. A fat burner for $35 that lasts two months is a great deal. Even when I used two a day the value is strong as a good fat burner will cost you in the $30 range. Effectiveness effects my value, but this is not very expensive for a 1-2 month run.

Side Effects

After reading about the urinary tract issues I was a little worried, but I experienced no side effects.

Conclusion

For me, this supplement is lost in no mans land. Not great at energy, not great at body recomp low stim effects. I don't think this has a clear cut direction and needs some tweaking.

January 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Quality
  • Good Tasting
  • Mixes Well
  • Fast Absorption
  • Clean Macros

Hey SR, here today to review Adaptogen Science's whey isolate protein supplement Tasty Iso. Most of us have protein supplements as staples in our diets because it's the quickest and easiest way to introduce a big amount of protein into our diets without the other macros. That being said, there are preferences in types as we range from hydrolyzed whey to casein in the spectrum of fast absorbing and slow absorbing proteins, and I think that depends on our goals. In reality, if you hit your macros the types of proteins probably don't matter all too much. However, I am partial to blends, specifically whey/casein because they can be a little more cost effective, but also because they are thicker and more satiating. Being on a cut, a thicker protein shake can really be an advantage in the hunger wars. All proteins have their place though, so let's review Tasty Iso.

The macros of this are follows: 110 cals, 1 g fat, 1 net carb, 24 grams of protein. This is definitely extremely clean in terms of macros and can fit into any diet which is ideal for everyone. This does have some extras, sweeteners, creamers, etc. if that bothers you, however it doesn't for me. On a supplement like protein taste is important to me. They do use a newer creamer, called Clean Cream, derived from sunflower oil that supposedly has a better taste, profile, texture.

So this is 100% hydrolyzed whey protein isolate. On the spectrum, that's just about as fast as you can get. This type of protein is ideal for someone who wants to get that protein in immediately after a workout for recovery purposes. The problem is, they are usually a lot more expensive. Also, is this ideal for me? Not really this are usually very clean proteins (good) but usually is much thinner and sometimes it's not like drinking anything at all (bad for me). When it's all said and done though, I'm a macros guy, so 24 grams of protein in a clean profile works for me.

As far as dosing, you can take this whenever you want to meet your macros. A lot, especially with this type, take immediately after their workouts. I did this a majority of the time, but also took it at other times. Mixability was great, I usually go straight water in a shaker and took very minimal shaking to get it mixed through. I had the chocolate truffle flavor, and we all know chocolate can be tricky and hit or miss. They definitely went more with a dark chocolate taste on this, and I'm not really a fan of dark chocolate but I really did enjoy this. Hit a perfect balance of sweet and creamy, so maybe he new creamer made a difference here. I looked forward to it and it didn't get old throughout the tub. They nailed it.

Being a scoop of this is just a fraction of the amount of protein we consume daily, it's hard to judge the pure effectiveness of a protein. Also, like many of us, protein is not the only other supplement I take for recovery (aminos, sleep, etc). That being said, my recovery did not suffer when I switched to this protein. It did satisfy my sweet tooth even though it's an isolate which is a plus. My hunger was present pretty quickly after drinking, but that was expected. It did allow me some flexibility in terms of macros and diet with such a clean profile however. Overall, this did it's job very well with taste and fitting into my diet. It being a super fast absorbing protein as well is a plus for some, so this is a great protein.

Here's the downside. $45 for 30 servings. I think this is high, but could be considered fair. Other premium isolates, like Nutrabio, are $40 for 30 servings. You can find Myprotein for $25, but a little lower on the amount of protein you get. Those are isolate, where this is hydrolyzed so it's going to be faster (marginally in reality) and more expensive. This, I can say from experience, does taste a lot better than those other proteins which is a factor for me. So is this expensive? Yes, but reasonable if this is the type of protein you want.

Side Effects

Conclusion

No doubt about it, this is a great protein. Would I buy it again? Probably not, as since I'm just a macro guy I can't justify the money to spend on this type of protein. If you need a super fast delicious protein though this is an option.

6.6
  January 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Hydration
  • Good Recovery
  • Non Effective Pump

Hey SR, back at it today to do a review for Adaptogen Science's amino supplement Intra Sport Amino. I train fasted at 5 a.m. and am usually cutting (although the holidays did a number this year) and so I love having an amino supplement on hand to sip on during my workout to keep me out of a catabolic state and help with recovery. Amino supplements have gotten a lot better recently and have tons of extras nowadays, so lets see how this one stacked up.

Overall, it's a solid profile. Main ingredient is 7 g BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio, which is a solid amount and ratio. Added to this, is 2 g of glutamine for recovery and immune support. A lot of hate towards glutamine supplements, but I have always liked them and felt better using them, however 2 g is low and probably won't make a huge difference. Same deal with the 1 g of citrulline for pump and endurance, 1 gram is too light to really do anything on it's own but I take a preworkout and sometimes that helps extend and help the quality of pump from that. To round it all off, we have coconut water and electrolyte complex for hydration. I like coconut water as it works for hydration and also adds a little natural flavoring, and hydration is important to me with the cardio I've been doing. So, we have bcaas, some glutamine and citrulline in small doses, and hydration. A pretty solid formula, but it's eerily identical to Xtend.

Mixability was great, limited foaming. Dosing is whenever for recovery, but recommended during your workout as an intra and that's how I took it. The flavor I had was watermelon cooler. Watermelon can be hit or miss, but this was just about right and the coconut water tamed it down some. I liked it every time I took it. Everything is good and solid here.

Well, this did work fairly well. I've had some intras completely blow out my DOMS like Intrablast, some really help with pump, some really help with endurance, and this does a pretty good job but not great at everything. My DOMS was definitely reduced and I felt it did help me stay out of a catabolic state. I'd say the best performing aspect of intra was the hydration, while the worst performing aspect was pump as I didn't get a noticeable difference than just using a preworkout alone. Overall, this intra did a good of reducing DOMS, preserving some muscle, and keeping me hydrated throughout my workouts. It's an average to above average intra supplement (similar to Xtend).

So this is where it really hurts Adaptogen, as I'm sure they have no way to compete with Scivation and it's distribution costs yet. I found this for as low as $30 for 30 servings. $1 is not bad, but Xtend, with almost the exact some profile, can be found for around $24 for 30 servings and more flavor options. This is effective and $1 a scoop isn't bad so it has value, but there's similar and better options out there at a better cost point.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this product and it worked for my goals, but you can find similar intras at a better price.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 26, 2017

• Helps Recovery
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Slight Bloating

So, no ingredient has been researched more and proven effective than good old regular creatine monohydrate. For myself recently though, I have cycled off creatine for quite a long time as my quest to lean out as much as possible took over. Creatine helps with muscle size, performance, recovery, etc. but it can also make you retain a little water and bloat. For this reason, it's been awhile since I used creatine on a regular basis. After cycling back on with this product, all I can say is boy did I miss you creatine. Let's break down this oldie but goodie.

----Ing...

One simple ingredient here, 5 g of creatine monohydrate. Nutrabio does inform you of the quality here as it's micronized, produced in an HPLC and FDA inspected facility, and states that each batch is 99.9% pure. Many of us are familiar with Nutrabio's quality and when it comes to a standalone ingredient like creatine the quality assurance does give piece of mind. Now, I do like designer creatines like HCL, Magnapower etc. because of their claims of less water retention, but they are more expensive and nothing has been proven more effective than monohydrate. Great profile for this simple ingredient.

I had the raw unflavored version of this, and I never tasted it by itself to check how really unflavored it was. I would dump this in my preworkout, intra, or protein shake as needed. Mixability was great as it never effected the texture of these other products and did not throw off the flavor as well so it was very versatile. For dosing I did use a loading phase since I have been off creatine for so long and used 2-3 scoops a day for the first two weeks or so. I then used just the one scoop a day.

Man, did I miss you creatine. I noticed the effects of this product within the first week and a half so of taking and it came through on all of the positive claims of creatine. Most noticeable right away was muscle size and fullness. My muscles definitely felt bulkier and looked a lot better, which always is a positive. My gym performance saw quite a nice jump as well as my strength increased in every lift. Nothing crazy but stead increased throughout the container. Although I take BCAAs and always have a good amount of protein consumption, my recovery was better and faster and overall my muscles just felt better. I didn't look as lean, and there was some slight bloating, but diet and the holidays probably had something to do with this as well. Nothing that bad and the muscle fullness made up for any of those negatives. Plain and simple, creatine monohydrate works and this is a great pure version.

Another great thing about creatine monohydrate is that it's cheap. $15 for 100 servings. Lasted a little less because I went through a loading phase, and a little more expensive than over bulk monohydrates but I don't mind as you pay for Nutrabio quality. Anyway you look at it $15 for over three months of gains at one serving a day is a great buy.

Side Effects

Some slight bloating in the midsection.

Conclusion

Just like my title says, this is a can't miss. Simple, cheap, effective, and great quality.

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  December 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Excellent Pump
  • Great Energy And Focus
  • Insane Ingredient Profile
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Crashing

Happy Holidays SR, here today to review LabTech Nutraceuticals preworkout Full Spectrum Rx. Preworkouts are a staple for me to gain an edge and motivaton in the gym, and over the years I have really gravitated towards the more well balanced preworkouts rather than the high stim bombs to get things done. Overall, I think this was a great preworkout, but could use some minor adjustments. Let's break it down.

I think this is the most impressive looking profile I've seen in a long time. Full Spectrum lives up to its name by addressing not just energy, but focus, pump, endurance, etc as well. The ingredients are very well dosed also, here are some of the highlights. For pump we get a little old school and new school. Big dose of citrulline at 8 g, 1.5 g of agmatine, 1 g of beet root, and 1.25 g f old school AAKG. Really they threw it all in, and for users like me that don't really respond to just citrulline this is awesome. They also throw in a nice dose of 3.5 g of beta alanine and over 2 of Taurine. Awesome proven ingredients and very well dosed. Now...what do they do for energy and focus? Use every stim I've ever heard of. The main highlights here though I feel are 350 mg of caffeine, which should make everyone up, but then also add 175 mg of DMHA. This makes it very high on the stim levels as is, and then they add a bunch more in smaller doses like synephrine, tyrosine, etc which you can see in the supplement facts. The profile is absolutely loaded.

Mixability was great mixed very well and easily. Dosing is standard, one scoop preworkout. The taste is where I can suggest a minor adjustment though as the strawberry kiwi flavor I received is pretty rough. With all these ingredients I'm sure it's hard to mask the flavor and it come through with a medicinal taste to it. It's a preworkout and I usually just chugged it so not a huge deal, but it could definitely be improved. The other flavor options of black cherry and sour gummy might work better.

Hw effective was Full Spectrum? Extremely effective. This preworkout improved my workouts in all the areas I look for everytime I took it. I'll break it down into those categories.

Pump: Even on my low carb diet, this provided a nice pump every workout. One of the best pump pre's I've had, and what makes it more impressive is with all the stims this has that's hard to achieve. Throwing in kitchen sink with pump ingredients worked here.

Endurance: Excellent, felt the beta alanine tingles and even though my workout time is limited as I'm going before work now, I felt like I could always complete another set.

Energy/Focus: This might be the best part of this preworkout, but also the biggest detractor. This definitely woke me up at 5 am and got me moving in the gym. The focus ingredients helped as well as it removed any sleep haze in the morning and put me in a nice mood even though I am definitely not a morning person. The bad part? I did crash every once in awhile on this. Felt awesome throughout the workout but an hour or so into the work day I would feel exhausted. I'd need a little pick me up to get me through the rest of the day. I think the big doses of caffeine and DMHa were just a little much here. Maybe a little less of each? Maybe an extended release caffeine? I think some tweaks here could be made to make it a little more clean.

Are you going to pay more than usual for all of these ingredients? Of course you are. This is $50 for 30 full servings. Very expensive but you are getting everything so I think it's high but can be considered fair. I can compare it to Nutrabio Pre which is also expensive, but this has even more ingredients than that. They run some discount codes as well, so I think you can get a more than fair deal for this pre with a ton of effective ingredients and doses.

Side Effects

Crashed sometimes after taking.

Conclusion

This is a very well made and dosed preworkout that will definitely help you in the gym. If they can tweak the flavor and make it a little cleaner in energy this would be near perfect.