Vaughn

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Vaughn

Overall
Thanks to Clinical Sports Labs for sending it out!
  October 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Stim
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Some Body Recomp
  • Prop Blend

Hey SR, here today for a review of Clinical Sport's fat burner called Bium-D. As most of you know, I have been cutting for a very long time after my ACL reconstruction surgery. I'm currently sitting at about 160 lbs, 5'9", and about 7-8% body fat. I am very lean at the moment, follow the carb nite protocol, and really only have the lower abs and some love handles left. This is definitely the most stubborn fat to get off and since I've been cutting so long I think my body is fighting it. I also have been using a lot of stims with preworkouts and fat burners and chose this product as it is a lot lower on the stims to give my body a break. Let's see how this fat burner stacked up.

Attached the supplement facts, and as you can see this is very low stim at only 100 mg per pill. The rest of the pill is unfortunately broken into a prop blend. There are some common ingredients found in most fat burners like Tyrosine for focus and raspberry ketones. Then there's some ingredients that I have had before like I really like such as Forskolin which helps with body composition that I've had in AnaBeta Elite and and a handful of other products. Another ingredient not commonly found is Bovine Serum, which Clinical Sports says help shuttle nutrients into muscle instead of storing as fat which helps preserve muscle as well help maintain/lose weight. I have used nutrient partitioners before with some success so I'm ok with this ingredient. We also have Rauwolscine, the pure form of yohimbine. I don't get yohimbine sides and I'm a big fan of this ingredient. Overall, definitely a low stim fat burner with some body recomp agents which I sounded just about right for my needs. I wish I knew how much for these ingredients but overall a decent profile I think.

No taste or mixability, small easy to swallow red and white caps. Dosing as with most fat burners is assess your tolerance with one cap and then move to two, and a third is max dose. Since this is very low stim and I am very stim tolerant I went with two caps an hour before lunch and one an hour before dinner. You want to space this a little before a meal especially if there's carbs because of the rauwolscine. Not too hard to follow for someone used to it, but not the easiest either.

I like to gauge a fat burner in multiple aspects.

Energy: they say this is not an energy pill and they are not lying. Honestly, I didn't feel anything in terms of energy from this product but I have been on stim overload for quite awhile.

Appetite Suppressant: I thought this worked really well. Because I took this before a meal I felt satiated quicker which allowed me to eat less in terms of portions. I think this is what I look for most in a fat burner these days as diet is what is going to change your body the quickest.

Focus/mood: A slight boost. I really like when fat burners have nootropics and mood elevators because low carb diets can definitely make you cranky. I think this is an area that can be improved upon.

Thermo effect: A slight increase in temp, a little more sweating than normal. Nothing major here either.

Fat loss: So I didn't lose a ton of weight, but I don't have a lot of weight to lose either. I did feel that my body comp changed though, as I look more defined and leaned out around the midsection even more.

So overall, I think Bium-D is a low stim option that can help with fat loss in terms of appetite suppression and body recomp. It was a nice break from the high stim fat burners and allowed me to still take my preworkout early in the morning before I lift.

Premium low/non stim fatburners are pretty expensive because of their ingredients usually, Torem Neco-Adipem is an example. This has some unique and premium ingredients in it so it follows suit at $42 for a 30 day supply (when taking 3 pills a day). At this cost it's more tailored for someone in my situation looking for more of a niche product for cycling off stims/body recomp.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I liked this product, and would definitely recommend it to someone who wants to lean out and have a little bit more control at the dinner table.

Thanks to Muscle1, Inc. for sending it out!
  October 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Cortisol Reduction
  • Dry Gains
  • Vascularity
  • Possible Dry Joints

Alright SR, here today to review Muscle1's estrogen blocker called P-Cycle 7. I have have used many different natty test boosters and estrogen blockers in the past, and I do think the good ones help a lot in body composition and breaking plateaus. These aren't even close to PHs or steroids in terms of effectiveness, and I have never went to the dark side, but I feel these natty test boosters can help a soon to be 36 year old like myself. Let's see how P-Cycle 7 worked for me.

I want to give Muscle1 props for a very simple fully disclos...

I want to give Muscle1 props for a very simple fully disclosed profile. Sometimes less is more in terms of that. In each capsule you receive 25 mg of Arimistane, a commonly used estrogen blocker, along with 475 mg of grapefruit extract and black pepper for absorption properties. I have used grapefruit extract in another really good natty test booster Anabolic Triad by Platinum Labs so I was happy to see that in there. My first experience with arimistane was with PES Erase which is a nice AI and ever since I've seen it show up in a lot of different AI's and natty test boosters. So a very simple profile with two ingredients I like in good easy to manage dosages. A good profile.

No taste or mixability here as they are easy to swallow caps. Dosing is take one capsule, 2-4 times a day with food. For personal dosing, I went back to the protocol I have done with similar arimistane products and tried for the 75 mg mark. I figured since that dose has worked for me in the past, and with the added absorption ingredients, this is what I should shoot for to see some results so I tried for 3 caps per day. I am cutting though, and my meals are sparse and few and far between so spreading them throughout the day sometimes didn't work and I would take 2 or even all 3 at once. I always like taking an AI at night as well so I would always dose with dinner. I don't think this hurt the effectiveness of this product.

So how did it compare to other AI's? I thought this was an extremely effective AI in many ways. First, gaining strength is very hard to do while cutting, and I was able to increase in several lifts. Major increases? No, but the added strength was very welcome. I think if used while bulking this would have been even more productive. The best part of this product for me was in body composition. Arimistane promises lean gains, blocking estrogen, and some cortisol control. This is ideal for me as I have very little fat left except for the problem areas of lower abs and a little bit on the love handles. While taking this product I definitely leaned out even more and became more defined in those areas and others. Whenever you can move up in strength some without adding fat it's a bonus, and I looked better in the gym. My weight stayed pretty steady throughout the bottle so since I went up in strength some and became more defined I think this helped me gain a little muscle and shed some unwanted fat. For me, this was a winner. If you're bulking you will probably be able to gain even more without adding too much unwanted mass. I really liked this product.

Ok, here's the bad part. You can only get this from their website for $80. At three caps a day I got a whole month, but it's still very expensive. You can get other AI's/natty test boosters with arimistane and other goodies for much cheaper. VMI comes to mind with two different Natty test boosters and AI's that I really liked that come in at $40. Even though I loved how effective this was, you can get something pretty similar for much less. Hopefully they can find a distribution model that will help the price.

Side Effects

One common side effects of a good AI is joint soreness. During the middle of my run of this my right shoulder started to ache and bother me quite a bit. Normal lifting injury or side effect P-Cycle 7 I don't know, but noteworthy.

Conclusion

I think this is a very good product for adding some lean gains to your frame, I just wish the price was lower.

Overall
Overall
5.5
6.9
4.9
Thanks to EBN Sports for sending it out!
  October 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Prop Blend
  • Sugar Alcohols

Alright SR, back at it again today with a review for EBN Sports' amino product called Herculin MRF-4. I almost always have an amino recovery product on hand as I enjoy the enhanced recovery and also to keep my body out of a catabolic state because of my cutting phase I am currently in to protect as much muscle tissue as I can. At first glance I was very excited to try to this product, but there are just too many cons in comparison to some great amino products out there. On to the review.

Honestly, this is what drew my attention this pro...

Honestly, this is what drew my attention this product even though it has the dreaded prop blend. I would definitely like to know how much aminos are in the product per serving, but at first glance it looks like a healthy amount as the prop blend is a little over 13 grams. Also what I like about the profile is that it's not just BCAAs, but EAAs as well. For those that took PES Amino IV before it was reformulated, it was a really good product and I attributed that to it having a full amino complex rather than just the standard BCAAs. In addition to the amino complex, it has some vitamins and minerals thrown in with zinc, vitamin c, etc. as well as some Carnosyn for endurance. Yes, because of the prop blend we don't know if it's an effective dose or not but from the size of the dose I was optimistic and excited to give it a try. Overall, I liked the ingredients in the profile a lot.

This section is a little bit rougher on Herculin MRF-4. So, it says on the directions that you should not shake this product, but rather stir it so because it causes pressure. So, I stirred it everytime except once. Why? I wanted to see what it would do. I shook it like most amino products and yes it caused quite a bit of pressure to form in the shaker and when opened you got quite a sizeable pop. Nothing scary or harmful, but I took as directed the the rest of the time which is a little bit of an inconvenience. It takes longer for everything to dissolve in and I never really got it to a great consistency. As far as taste, the flavor is Red Energy and it was not very pleasant at all. A very chemically tasting fruit punch. This does contain sugar alcohols, 5g worth, which a lot of people don't like but I am used to since I low carb diet a lot. However, the taste leaves a lot to be desired so I hope they reformulate that a bit. Taste isn't a deal breaker if a product is amazing though.

So how does it compare to other amino products? I thought it was more effective than just regular bulk BCAAs, but no where close to a lot of great amino products like Intrablast, Inspired BCAAs, etc. My DOMS was reduced which was nice, but a lot of premium products have pump ingredients, nootropics, endurance ingredients etc. This advertises Carnosyn but I didn't get that feeling of extra endurance or beta alanine tingles at all. So, I feel the amino complex itself was pretty good and will help enhance your recovery some, but not enough extras to put up with the previous cons listed as well as the value which will be discussed next.

Currently, I can only find this on their website for $54. That's VERY expensive, but then you factor in it only has 18 servings and the value is out of control. I can factor in that this as some Carnosyn and some vitamins in it, but still there's just no competition when you can get Intrasblast which has everything this has and more for a little over a $1 a serving. Just not competitive at the moment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So although I like the direction as far as ingredients with a full spectrum amino complex, there's just too many cons to recommend this at the moment.

Overall
Overall
6.8
6.8
Thanks to GoSimple for sending it out!
  October 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Once A Day Dosing
  • Bad Smell
  • Low Doses

Hey SR, here today to review Go Simple's multivitamin called Essential for Men. Multivitamins are crucial for me as I have been on a constant cutting routine for awhile now, so I know I am not getting every vitamin and mineral from whole food sources. To add to that, I am a Dean of Students at a school so constantly being around 850 kids I need to give my immune system a little more of an edge, so multis are a staple for me. There is a wide range of multis out there with different benefits so let's see how this stacks up to some of the rest I have taken.

----Ingr...

As with most multis, there's a ton of ingredients, I'll hit the highlights and dosages but I have attached the facts for you to view as well. So all the major vitamins are included (A, B, C, D, etc) but in much lower dosages than most of the multis advertised for athletics. For example, Vitamin D comes in at a pretty low 75% where most serious gym goers most likely need more than that, especially men. The rest of the vitamins hit around the 150% mark which isn't too bad, except a pretty big B12 dose of 41,000%! The extras in this multi I REALLY like, but unfortunately they are also in some pretty low doses. MSM for joints at only 150 mcg, Carnitine at 100 mg, and an ingredient I love in phosphatidylserine for cortisol control but only at 50 mg which is no where close to the recommended level. This also includes one softgel of fish oil with 1200 mg. So, I love the ingredients and extras, just wish they were at a higher dosage.

Some pros and cons for this product here as well. You only have to take this one time per day with food, which is better than a multi time a day that a lot of multis recommend. I took this with dinner every night. No mixability, this comes in packets similar to Vital4U with 3 veggie capsules and one softgel with the fish oil. Only other gripe is that these smell like garlic and have a slight taste of garlic as well even though it's in capsule form. It does have 100 mg of New-Gar, a garlic extract. Wasn't necessarily a deal breaker, and I didn't have any unpleasant herbal burps or anything, but definitely noticeable.

As well all type when reviewing a multi, it's pretty hard to have concrete evidence that a multi "works." During my run I didn't get sick which is a plus, but I did feel pretty run down some days. I can't attribute this to the multi specifically, as I am working a lot, working out, and on a very low carb diet but when I am taking my usual multi (Opti-men or Rainbow Light) I don't normally feel that way. A lot of factors that could play into this though. My urine didn't turn bright yellow either, which tells me the dosages of the vitamins are not nearly as high as other vitamins either. I know that those are extras that my body didn't use so not a big deal but worth mentioning. Overall, I just feel this would be good for a person who still gets a lot of vitamins from food, not dieting or weight training a lot. I think those who have a stricter diet, work out a lot, need a vitamin that provides the higher dosages and probably left me feeling a little more tired than usual.

Value is ok here, although a little on the high side. You can make a one time purchase of $35 or get a monthly subscription for $29. There are 30 packets in each container so you're looking at a $1 a serving at the cheapest. This is more expensive than the most popular multis like Opti-men, but this does include fish oil as well. Overall, I think the value is pretty fair but doesn't have the dosages to justify the price.

Side Effects

Some garlic smell and taste.

Conclusion

I don't think this multi is terrible, but I don't think it's the best either. For a lot of us who workout a lot and have a strenuous diet, I think you would do better elsewhere.

Thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Crazy Focus
  • Excellent Vascularity
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Great Energy
  • Thermo Effect
  • A Bit Pricey

Alright SR, time to review Mind Muscle Nutrition's preworkout called M2. Preworkouts are a staple for me as I am always looking for a boost in the gym. Because of my new job, I have decided to go to the gym before work instead of after, and I am not a morning person at all. This has been tough, but thankfully I had this preworkout on hand and it made life a lot easier. Let's break down this product below.

Attached the profile below, and as you can see it's stacked. Props for the fully disclosed label as well. The highlights include 6 full grams of Citrulline for a pump as well as a gram of nitrates, 4 full grams of Beta Alanine for endurance, 1.5 grams of Tyrosine for focus, and a combo stims that include caffeine, DMHA, Eria Jarensis, caffeine citrate and synephrine. Having caffeine totaling 200 mg and 100 mg of DMHA should get even the stim tolerant like myself moving. Overall, I think the profile gets an A+ for full disclosure, great ingredients that address energy, pump, and endurance, and great dosages at that. Great profile.

I had the bomber flavor which I believe is going for the bomb pop flavor. I like sour, but I felt this was overly citric and kind of got old after awhile. This is a preworkout though so taste isn't a huge factor as most of us chug it. Mixability was great, some light foaming. Dosing is normal take one scoop 20-30 min pre workout.

In every category, M2 hit the mark and even exceeded in something I wasn't expecting. The pump was great. I usually don't respond much to citrulline even at high dosages but I had a great pump throughout while on this most likely from nitrates. They were full and consistent. The energy was top notch. It helped me wake up for those early morning gym sessions and gave me the energy to complete those workouts. Luckily, since I had work afterwords, there was no crash. I did feel a great focus on this as well as some mood elevation, but the surprise here was the thermo effect, probably from the synephrine. I have been doing a high rep high intensity workout recently with some cardio and I definitely got the warmer than normal sensation throughout my run of this with some increased sweating. I feel if you're doing a little of cutting or leaning this would be a great preworkout to add to your stack as I feel it really helped me in this area as well. Being on a caloric deficit and working out int he morning this did a great job of giving me the energy and the will to keep going in the morning. I am more than pleased with this product.

Currently, I can only find this on their website for $40. Each tub has 25 servings, which makes this pretty expensive per scoop. For this product however I can say you do get what you pay for, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again at this price especially since it provided the bonus of a thermo effect for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For me, this is a top tier preworkout. It provided me with some of my best workouts under tough circumstances. If you have some extra cash I would give this a try.

September 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Effective Weight Loss
  • Mood Enhancer
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Some Nausea

Hey SR, back at it again today to drop a review for TBN Labs fat burner called shredder. As we all know, cutting and burning fat depends mostly on your food intake and cardio routines. A fat burner in of itself can not help you lose a ton of weight, but can make it easier to do so. I look for a good fat burner to provide me with energy, appetite suppressant qualities, focus, mood elevation, and a thermo effect. Overall, I had a pleasant experience with this product so lets break it down.

I attached the profile here, and it has some po...

I attached the profile here, and it has some positives and negatives. The biggest negative here is that it's a giant prop blend. This is especially bothersome as this is a fat burner with stimulants and you would definitely like to know how much of those you have when dosing, especially since you can experience some side effects. The good news is that there's a lot of ingredients in here with some great thermogenic properties that are well known. For example, Yohimbine, Green Tea, Cayenne, etc. You do have some questionable ingredients though like CLA, which takes a much higher dosage than what could possibly in here, as well as raspberry ketones with some questionable research. For appetite suppressants you have glucomannon, guarana, etc. and you have some ingredients to shed water weight like White Willow bark. Overall, I think the profile has some nice ingredients and it pretty well rounded in terms of energy, focus, and thermogenics, it would just be very helpful to know how much of the stimulants are in here. Was more than happy to give this product a shot.

No taste or mixability as these are easy to swallow capsules. Dosing is one capsule in the morning on an empty stomach, and one more capsule at least 4-5 hours later also on an empty stomach. I would DEFINITELY follow the directions here as this stuff is pretty strong and I would not take too close together or near bedtime.

Overall, I was very impressed with this product. The biggest impact this had for me was as an appetite suppressant. For me, this is the most critical attribute for a fat burner as this is where you're going to get the most bang for your buck. You can kill yourself on the treadmill for an hour, or you can just eat a little less and the caloric intake is the same. Those cravings, splurging, and portion control problems is the easiest way to ruin your diet and weight loss. When I took Shredder, my hunger was almost non existent and I would actually have to think about eating and getting my meals in. Very easy to stick to a caloric deficit on this. The energy was very clean and I never crashed. I felt a slight increase in mood, dieting can be awful and so that helps. I definitely felt the cold chills with the yohimbine so I assume there's a healthy dosage of that in there as well. The weakest part of this was thermogenics. I didn't seem to sweat a ton more or feel the heat per se. I definitely lost some water weight while on this as I leaned out some, and I did lose a couple of lbs of fat as well. I'm sitting at about 7-8% of body fat right now so I know I'm not going to see a huge drop, but it was nice. Overall, I was very happy with my run of this.

At $45, this is pretty expensive. I took two pills per day so I had a full 30 day run which is nice, but there's some just as effective fat burners out there for a little less. If you can get by with one per day and get some results the value gets better.

Side Effects

This is definitely higher on the stim factor and if I took the pills too close together or didn't have enough food in me for the second dose I did get nauseous. Definitely want to assess your tolerance with this one.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a stim heavy fat burner with great appetite control I would definitely recommend this.

Overall
Overall
6.7
6.3

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration
  • Some Enhanced Recovery
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • Prop Blends
  • Max Dose Has Too Little Servings

My final review for the day will be Atomize by TBN labs. I have a little trouble labeling this product, as it semi markets itself as a non stim preworkout, most would see it as an intra, and it could even be labeled a post workout recovery product as well. I'm always in the market for some aminos and recovery products though, so this caught my eye. Let's get into the details below.

OK, I attached the supplement facts, and if you're like me you'll walk away with questions. Part of this reason, is that it's a huge prop blend with a ton of ingredients. Each scoop is 15 g, but 11 g of protein is listed on the label. I don't see a specific type of protein like say whey, so they must be counting amino acids as protein. However, there are a lot of amino acids in this, not just BCAAs, so what is being counted and what's not? Definitely not ideal there. It's broken down in some categories some on the label, but with no dosages. The Size category has arginine, citrulline, creatine, etc. Awesome ingredients, but you definitely want to know how much creatine is in there. Focus you have Beta Alanine, Tyrosine, Green Tea, etc. Once again, great ingredients, but probably well underdosed Muscular repair category has your BCAAs, Glutamine, Vitamin C (big dose there, 420%), and Betaine. Awesome ingredients again, but no idea how much. Finally, we have electrolytes. I live in Phoenix, so even though I drink a lot of water I always welcome electrolytes. There is some Waxy Maize in here two, 2g per scoop, which might be good for recovery but being on the Carb Nite protocol definitely had to count those carbs (Carb Nite is very strict, under 20 g a day). So, a lot of mixed emotions on this profile as I love the ingredients, but dosing is sketchy.

Mixability was a little rough, had some settling and had to reshake some, but not that big of a deal for me. Dosing was a little difficult as well, but I was pretty much cornered in. Is this a non stim pre? Intra? Post? It has ingredients that fit in all categories, and on the label it says consume 1-3 scoops before, during, or after training. Basically, whenever you want. I decided to dose this intra, as it doesn't have high stims so I thought it would enhance my preworkout and help recovery as most amino products do. Since it has carbs, yes, I know 2 g is nothing for most people, the max dosage I would use on my heaviest days was 1.5 scoops. The flavor I had was Tropical Pomegranate and I loved it. Unique flavor, light and refreshing, however there were some artificial colors I could do without.

I have used a ton of amino/recovery products throughout the year, and I would have to rate this as a little above average. I do think it aided my preworkout in terms of endurance and focus as I felt better throughout my gym sessions than when I took a pre alone. My recovery was not as good as some of the top notch intras however, as my DOMS persisted a little longer than normal at 3 days. The best amino products can knock it out in 1-2 days for me. This could be because I never took the max dose of 3 scoops though, which I avoided because of the carbs. If you're bulking or don't care about the carbs, 3 scoops would probably enhance recovery much more, but it would effect value as well as I'l get into below. No noticeable strength increases with this, but the hydration was very good and even after my long sessions of cardio I felt good. Overall, an above average recovery product. Better than just aminos on their own, but not top notch at my dosing.

Another reason to not go full dose? There is only 30 scoops in the tub. Three scoops would give you only 10 days, and at $38 that's steep. You are getting a lot of ingredients, but since you don't know how much $38 for for less than two weeks is definitely not worth it. Since I took 1-1.5 scoops a day and received adequate results, the value is a bit higher but you can get a top notch product for the same or even better value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This worked pretty good for me, but with the price, dosing, and massive prop blends I'd be hesitant to recommend this at this time.

Overall
Overall
5.5
5.8
5.2

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Increase
  • More Servings Per Bottle

Alright SR, time to review Bionic Test, a natty test boost from TBN Labs. I always like to run a natty test when I can, being 36 years old next month I'm a prime candidate to get a little natural boost from these. I usually like to run them to break a plateau in the gym or to make a little progress in body composition. Let's see how this natty test booster worked for me.

Unfortunately, we have three prop blends here. A red blood cell volumization blend, libido volumization blend, and an AI blend. The serving size says 1-3 capsules, and you're ot really sure if the dosages listed, 50 mg, 500 mg, and 75 mg, are for 1, 2, or 3 pills. Frustrating, as all prop blends are. The ingredients in these blends however are nice and well known like dried spinach extract, bulbine, horney goat weed, Maca, Mucuna Prureins, and Tribulus. All of these are pretty well known in natty test boosters, especially for libido insrease. The AI blend is 75 mg of 7-methoxyflavone, which I have only used once I believe in Animal M-Stack. I like AI's a lot, as I like the leaning effect. Overall, a frustrating prop blend with some pretty well known ingredients. Willing to give it a shot.

On the label, it says for a cutting phase take 1 per day and for a bulking phase 1-3 capsules. I'm cutting, so I took 1 to begin with. However, I did switch to 2 and 3 later. It did not say to take in the morning, afternoon, or night, or with or without food, so I usually took post workout with dinner. Pills were normal and easy to swallow. Some minor improvements here.

The problem with natty test boosters, is that they usually take awhile to work. Usually, it's ideal to run for 8 weeks. I began with 1 pill per day as I'm cutting, and literally felt nothing. After about a week, I upped it to 2 per day. Still didn't get much out of it so I went with the max dose of 3 per day. At 3 pills per day I definitely got a large increase in libido which was nice, and I felt that my muscles rounded out some and felt more full. The problem with that though is that only lasted a couple a days. There is only 30 caps per bottle, so for me this lasted less than a month and only felt the effects near the end. Other tell tale signs of a good natty test booster like aggression, strength, hunger, some acne, etc. were not present. Maybe these would have been present at full dose for a longer period of time, but that would critically kill the value as it sits right now. Overall, a nice libido boost at the end but just too short of a run for any real effects.

As of right now, this costs $38 for 30 pills. This may be acceptable for the cutting phase and if you could get by with 1 per day, but for the effects and those bulking 3 pills a day would get you 10 days. Just too expensive.

Side Effects

Only the positive of libido.

Conclusion

Felt some nice effects starting to accumulate, but too short lived and expensive for the average user.

5.5
Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweating
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Sheds Excess Water
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing
  • Frustrating To Dose Accurately

Hey SR, back at it today to catch up on some reviews and first up is Evomuse's topical fat burner Supernova. This definitely a very unique product with some pretty impressive claims. I have used quite a few products in the Evomuse line with a lot of success such as Alphaburn and DCP, but had a negative experience with Brite. As of this moment I have 5'9", 160 lbs, and probably around the 8% body fat mark with just the most stuborn of fat left in the lower abs/love handle region so I was eager to give this a shot and see if I could get some expedited results. On to the review.

As others have noted, this has a huge profile with some well known and little known ingredients in a prop blend. This is pretty unfortunate as in a fat burner I really like to know the amount of ingredients. Some of the better known ingredients are bitter melon, yohimbine, caffeine, raspberry ketones, carnitine etc. Definitely the first time I've used these in a topical so intriguing. The other lesser known ingredients are oils like peppermint oil and rosehips, which I don't think I have ever used. Evomuse always has a long write up on their ingredients and science behind it so I encourage you all to check it out. OVerall I'll give the profile a B-, as the science and ingredients are intriguing, but efficacy and the fact it's a prop blend are worrisome.

Here's where we get some more negatives. Dosing is once a day on your midsection after your shower. That's easy enough, but the size says a silver dollar size, which is far from exact. I have seen on the Evomuse FB page that Supernova is getting pumps, so that they may help. One reason I think they didn't go with the pumps in the first place though is the consistency of the liquid as it's pretty thick, and when rubbing on your skin has a tendency to clump up some so that could clog the pump. After application, my skin was a little discolored, a brownish yellow. I worried about staining my shirt when I put I got dressed, but it didn't effect it until I did cardio. I put on supernova in the morning after my shower, then I would workout around 4 pm. I didn't notice what happened with my colored tshirts, but when I wore a plain white tshirt and I began to sweat it turned my shirt the same brownish yellow color in spots which is not ideal. I'm sure it did it to my colored shirts as well just couldn't see it. It did not stain however and washed out pretty easily, but still a pain. Overall, not an easy experience in these categories.

After application, you do get a cooling sensation which is kind of nice, if not a good placebo effect. I didn't notice a big jump in energy so the caffeine must not be a big dose. I did notice a slight increase in body temperature, and I did sweat more during cardio so it did provide a nice thermo effect. I didn't notice an elevation of mood nor appetite suppressant. How did it effect my weight loss? I did lose some weight, and leaned out some in my stomach and love handles which was nice, however I don't think it was effective as their other fat burner supplements like Alphaburn or DCP, which are both easier to take and less expensive. So, this was somewhat effective for me, but I feel there are just better options at this time.

Another negative. This costs $50-$55 and lasted me a little over a month. With all the ingredients I'm sure this is expensive to make, but for me the results don't justify the price.

Side Effects

Discolored shirts, increased sweating.

Conclusion

This is an interesting product, but I think there are better options out there in terms of effectiveness, ease of use, and price.

Thanks to The Genius Brand for sending it out!
  August 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Strength
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Aggression
  • Libido
  • Fat Loss

Hey SR, here today to do a review for Genius Test, a natty test booster from The Genius Brand. I'm a 35 year old male who has been focusing on athletic rehab from a knee surgery and cutting. Since I fit the profile for a natty test booster, I always like to get my hands on one and have tried some very effective, and ineffective ones. Let's see how Genius Test worked for me.

I attached the supplement facts, and as you can see this product contains some pretty well known test boosting ingredients in very good dosages. I particularly like the KSM-66, which I have found in some fat burners, cortisol control products that I have noticed a big difference with and is very well dosed at 1 g. Usually the doses of this product are half that and it being the trademarked brand it has some form of quality control. Next we have Primavie at 500 mg which is a mushroom extract and Fenugreek at 500 mg which both have some natural test boosting capabilities. We have some estrogen blockers as well with DIM at a very large dose of 250 mg, Quercetin at 250 mg, and lastly boron citrate at 10 mg. Like I said, these are pretty common ingredients found in natty test boosters but these are the premium brands and dosed in very high amounts. I'd give this profile a very high score.

No taste, easy to swallow caps. Dosing is two pills, twice a day with food. On training days try to get it in an hour before you lift. Pretty simple protocol to follow and I was able to do it throughout the run.

I went in thinking this was going to be a pretty effective product from the get go because I have used these ingredients before with success, but I was even more pleasantly surprised by the outcome. Usually, you can tell a natty test booster is working by increased aggression, some acne, libido increase, some fat loss, and some strength gains. I didn't get any acne, but the aggression and libido increase was definitely there. What really surprised me was the strength increase and fat loss though. Being that I'm cutting, I don't expect gains on my lifts, but in just about every lift I made some increases despite a very strict diet and cardio. This was a pleasant surprise. I also saw a slight increase in the rate I was dropping fat and overall looked more defined and had more muscle fullness. Overall, I was very happy with how I felt, looked, and performed while on this product.

This is where it gets a little disappointing. This contains 120 pills, and at 4 a day you get a month's supply. This is pretty nice but the price is $58. This is about twice the price than a regular test booster. I still think this has a very fair value as it was very effective, and included patented ingredients at very high doses. Kind of a you get what you pay for thing.

Side Effects

Aggression, libido, strength, fat loss.

Conclusion

This was a very effective test booster for me. I believe it delivers great doses of high quality ingredients. It's very price, and for someone in the education business it would be tough to buy consistently, but if I needed something to get the job done I know I could come back to this.