Vaughn

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by Vaughn

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • No Digestive Issues
  • Improved Digestion
  • Solid Macros

Hey SR, here today to review Outbreak Nutrition's whey protein supplement called Survive. Protein is a staple of mine and most of us because it's the easiest way to reach your protein macros without adding the calories, fat, and carbs whole foods provide. Of course whole foods should be the main source of your protein, but if you need to keep your protein macros higher without adding the carbs as in my case, protein supplements are the way to go. If you've read my reviews before, you know I prefer protein blends of whey and casein for the extended release. This happens to just be a whey blend but I have had great success with Outbreak products in the past so I was eager to give this a try.

So we'll start big picture with the macros:

133 cals
    2.2 g fat
    2.3 net carbs
    25 g protein

Overall, these are very solid macros that should be very easy to fit in into any diet, including my ketosis diet. At 25 grams it delivers a solid amount of protein and very few calories and carbs. As for the protein sources it is a whey concentrate and isolate blend, with some extras both positive and negative. As most of us know, isolate is a very fast absorbing protein and concentrate is a little slower. Outbreak advertises this as a slow absorbing protein which I don't really like as even though it is slower that isolate it's still relatively fast in comparison to something like casein. Overall though I don't mind this blend as I think it's a very cost effective way to get more protein in. There are quite a few extras in here that I don't like as far as sweeteners, etc. but they do serve a purpose. Some of the good extras in here though are some digestive enzymes and panax ginseng. I'm a big believer in digestive enzymes as far as how they help you get the maximum nutrients in, and panax ginseng is a supplement coming on in popularity for cognition and mental focus which is pretty unique for a protein to include. At 150 mg of digestive enzymes it's a decent multi-enzyme blend, but it would be nice to know how much of each. Unfortunately, we don't know how much panax ginseng is in here at all. Overall though, this looks like a really solid whey blend with good macros and some extra goodies, I was eager to try it.

Dosing for protein is whenever you need it, and since this is a whey blend I used mostly postworkout in the mornings. Mixability was great, the powder is very fine and mixed very easily. I didn't have to do a lot of reshaking. The flavor I received was Chocolate Chaos. Protein flavors have come a long way and there are some very exotic great tasting proteins out there, and chocolate has never been my first choice. This flavor was excellent however, not too sweet and had the old school Swiss Miss flavor to it. I looked forward to taking it everyday.

So as everyone says, proteins are hard to judge as they are just a fraction of the needed protein most of need in a day. Iw ill give this high marks however as the macros are solid and I did not have to adjust my meal plans because of it, and there were no gas, bloating, or digestion issues. In fact, because of my diet I eat a lot of meats, cheese, etc and I can say my regularity improved some while on this so I can guess that the digestive enzymes helped overall which I feel is a plus. I usually always have multiple recovery products on hand (BCAAs, Glutamine, etc) so it's hard to judge effectiveness there, but my DOMS did not suffer or extend while taking this so it filled the need for protein and recovery nicely. I can't say I felt the effects of the panax ginseng in terms of mental benefits but I did feel good in terms of health. Overall, this protein provided solid macros that were easy to fit in, actually improved my digestion some, and my recovery was where it needed to be. I was very happy with this protein.

You can find this for $30 for 23 servings. This is definitely on the high side, however I feel the quality is there and it does provide some extra benefits and ingredients not commonly found in protein. Would I buy this again every time at this price? Probably not, but if I was feeling some digestion issues I would come back to this and definitely if I found this on sale.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a very nice whey blend with solid macros and some digestion benefits. It's a little expensive, but this could be a great tasting protein source with some added benefits for you.

Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
      November 17, 2017

• Makes You Feel Sick
    • Lack Of Endurance
    • Lack Of Pump

Hey SR, back at it again today to review Olympus Labs' preworkout called Re1gn. Since I took a new position, my workout schedule has changed and I have been working out at 5 am before work. I have always used preworkouts, but they are much more appreciated now as I am not a morning person and I need that extra boost in the morning. I had a great experience with Olympus Labs' old preworkout called Conquer Unleashed so I was excited to give this a try. I have to say it was a little disappointing. On to the review.

Overall, the profile ...

Overall, the profile looks great. Fully disclosed (except for the energy??) and a lot of high quality and interesting ingredients. For pump we get 5 g of citrulline, 1g of AgMASS, pomengranate extract, and a new designer ingredient called Vaso6. The research Olympus labs shows a big increase in blood flow, strength, etc. I like these ingredients as I'm not a great responder to citrulline so I was definitely down to try these other three ingredients. For Focus we have KannaEase and Theacrine, two trademarked ingredients on their own designed to support focus and mood. We get a 50 mg dose of Astragin for absorption as well which is always a welcome addition. I purposely left the Energy matrix for last, because it's massive. We have a 678 mg blend of caffeine (300 mg) and then unknown doses of Eria J. Julgans Regia, and Stim X alkaloids. These are forms of DMHA and other stims, so this is EXTREMELY high on the stim side, so if you're not stim tolerant be aware. I am a self admitted stim junkie and have used 3 of the four stims included in other preworkouts for success (Stim X is new). Notably missing are some preworkout staples such as Beta Alanine, Tyrosine, etc. Concerning, but I'm always down to try new things. Overall, a pretty stim heavy unique ingredient profile with trademarked ingredients and some new guys to the show.

Dosing is standard, 20-30 in preworkout. Mixability was fine, mixed well right away. The flavor, Dragons Mist, left a lot to be desired. Can pinpoit any specific flavors, a tropical punch type but with a chemical taste to it. I've had worse, but it's a preworkout and chugged anyways.

So do the stims work? Yes, yes they do. It definitely helped me w up in the early morning.This does provide instantaneous energy that does last a long time. I definitely the stims throughout my hour-hour and a half workouts without fail. Definitely got the heart beating for the cardio too. All of these are really good things, and I never crashed afterwards. However, I just thought this wasn't a very complete or well rounded preworkout that I have come to enjoy. I didn't get any type of pump from the ingredients, which isn't a deal breaker for me as I view it as a "bonus." There is a difference between energy and endurance, and even though I had great energy I didn't feel the endurance aspect. I think I definitely missed the beta alanine, especially near the end of the tub. So, overall, this was pretty disappointing, I'm not sure I would have had much difference than just taking a ton of caffeine. I had MUCH better workouts with their old preworkout Conquer Unleashed.

$27 for 20 servings, it's pretty expensive for the amount of servings you receive. I get it, they have a lot of trademarked ingredients and some exotic ingredients, but considering the effectiveness for me the value is just too high for me to buy again.

Side Effects

Since this is very stim heavy and I took on an empty stomach, I did get a feeling of nausea not long after taking. It did pass I never hurled, but was uncomfortable for awhile at the gym.

Conclusion

This preworkout was just too one dimensional for me which is disappointing as I have had success with Olympus Labs products including their old preworkout. If you're looking for some hardcore stims this might be for you, but if you're looking for a more complete preworkout experience you may need to look elsewhere.

Overall
    Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
      November 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Decreased DOMS
    • Retains Muscle Mass
    • Versatile
    • Could Use Higher BCAA Dosing

Hey SR, here today to review a muscle recovery product called Antidote by Outbreak Nutrition. If you have read my reviews for the past year, you know aminos are a staple of mine and I have been cutting for awhile since my ACL reconstruction last year. I have had great experiences with Outbreak Nutrition in the past, but was hesitant to use this because of the dextrose and I have a ketosis diet. Luckily, this turned out to be a plus instead of a negative. Details below!

First off, props for the fully disclosed label, you know exactly h...

First off, props for the fully disclosed label, you know exactly how much you're getting here. We start off with 5 grams of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. I'd say this is average, personally I prefer a little more in the 7 gram range. This we get some EAAs which I really like. Amino supplements that have EAAs have always worked better for me and my recovery all the way back to Amino IV glory days. We also get 50 mg of Actigin for better endurance, replenishing glycogen, and recovery. Then, we have 6 of dextrose. A lot of recovery products include very simple carbs like this because insulin spikes help flood the nutrients into muscles. Being in a ketosis diet trying to stay under 25 g of carbs this worried me a little, but I know most aren't in this category so it shouldn't be an issue for most. Overall, a simple yet solid profile for a recovery product.

Mixability was good, a little foaming but nothing out of control. Dosing is postworkout. I usually take aminos as an intra, but in this case I went with the protocol and just waited to take it afterwards. I had the grape flavor. I've always wanted a supplement with a fantastic grape flavor, and while this isn't bad, I'm still in search. Since it's not an intra per se flavor matters less as I took it down pretty fast postworkout.

This was a very effective product for me not only alone, but also stacked with creatine. I'll explain. For the first two weeks or so I took this as a standalone product. My DOMS was decreased substantially and helped me recover quicker as I switched back to a strength routine. I would rank this well above average in terms of amino recovery products I have taken as most of my DOMS by day 2. As I have mentioned, I was a little worried about the dextrose. It did take a little extra planning/meal prep to stay under the 25 g with the added 6 g here but it was overall pretty easy. I do feel the benefits outweighed the planning as the recovery was very nice. As a bonus, after about week 2, I added creatine (unflavored) to this. I have cycled off creatine for a long time, and decided to just dump it in with this as the old school method you would dump some creatine in with a juice for the sugars and enhanced absorption. I think this helped as I cycled back on creatine as the benefits of the creatine were instantaneous. Muscle fullness, some regained strength, etc. Although loading phases are becoming less popular, with the absorption ingredients and dextrose in this I definitely didn't feel the need for a loading phase on this so it saved me servings. Overall, I think this product worked great on it's own and helped with the creatine cycle to help recovery and improve my workouts. Very happy with this product.

I was sent the 30 serving tub, but I currently cant find that online. They have a 60 serving tub however for $45. For two months, less than a dollar a serving, and getting BCAAs, EAAs, and absorption I think it's a very good deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're in the market for a nice recovery product, give this a shot. I have been impressed with most of Outbreak's line of supplements, definitely made well.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
      November 6, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Good
    • Efficient Protein Blend
    • Decent Value
    • Helps Meet Macro Needs
    • Mixability Needs Improvement
    • Too Much Sugar

Hey SR, back at it again with a review of Dymatize's protein Elite XT. Protein supplementation is a staple for me and for most of us as a quick way to get some added protein in our macros without adding the calories, carbs, and fat that whole foods provide. This being a blended protein, which is my favorite, caught my eye, and I ended up using this mostly as a meal replacement/snack to get me through tough cravings.

Here are the macros:

130 cals
    2.5 g fat (1g sat)
    7 g carbs (5 sugar, 6 g net)
    21 g protein

Is this the most amazing pro...

Here are the macros:

130 cals
    2.5 g fat (1g sat)
    7 g carbs (5 sugar, 6 g net)
    21 g protein

Is this the most amazing profile you've ever seen? Not at all. In fact, there's quite a bit I don't "like" about it even though 99% of us could easily fit this into our macros. It's higher in sugar and carbs than I like in my protein supplements, as I have a very strict ketosis diet and try to stay under 25 g a day. This having 6 net carbs is not a deal breaker by any means but it did make me watch my other meals more closely. The 21 g of protein is a little lower than most standard proteins that have the 25 g range. As I mentioned above, this is a blend which I love consisting of concentrate, isolate, milk protein, and casein. I love the extended release proteins as staying out of a catabolic state with my diet is a high priority. There is a lot of "extras" in this protein however with artificial sweeteners, creamers etc and you see it in the 35 g scoop size delivering only 21 g of protein. So this is not the cleanest protein by any means either. Because of my positive experiences with Dymatize proteins recently however I was definitely ready to give this a shot.

Not the cleanest protein usually opens itself up to being delicious, and this was. I had the rich chocolate flavor and even though chocolate can get old sometimes, this was spot on and I enjoyed it through the entire tub. Mixability was a little tough as it took some extra shaking with some lumpiness but it eventually mixed in (I use just water in a shaker). As for dosing it's very versatile as I used it as a meal replacement for the morning, a snack to cure cravings throughout the day, and even as a night time protein before bed.

Protein can be hard to judge in terms of effectiveness but I'll do my best. Was this protein easily digestible? Yes it was, it caused no side effects such as bloating or gas. Was it easy to take? Yes it was, as the flavor was very enjoyable and I looked forward to it everyday. Did it provide the necessary macros? Here I'll dock it some points as the protein is a little lower than I want and carbs, especially the sugar, is a higher than I normally like. Once again you ave to take the good with the bad though as with the carbs comes the flavor, and it definitely helped me curb some cravings throughout the day. I do have to say though making my own blends with Dymatize's casein product was better for me, both in terms of effectiveness and profile. It provided more protein, tasted just as good if not better with the cinnamon bun, and was easier to fit into my strict carb diet. This product obviously provides the ease of not having to mix two different products however. Overall though I was able to use this as an effective part of my diet and kept me progressing to my goals nicely. You'll have to judge the pros and cons of this product for yourself before buying, but I am one of the strictest in terms of macros and protein and I found it didn't cause me too much of a headache and still provided lots of benefits.

Another strong suit of this product is that's it's a little bit cheaper than the competition, as a 4 lb tub providing 50+ servings you can find for $36-$40. For most premium blends it's much more than this, and although this isn't quite a "premium" blend I think the value is still high for what you get.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a delicious protein blend you can use to curb cravings, supplement protein, and even use as a meal replacement. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a cheaper blended protein.

Overall
    Thanks to Mugen Holdings for sending it out!
      November 6, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Did Not Get Sick

Hi SR, here today to review Mugen Holdings multivitamin called Mugen Endo. For me, multivitamins are a staple. First, my diet is very restrictive consisting mostly of just meat and green vegetables. When you have a diet like this, you are definitely not getting the amount of vitamins and minerals you need on a daily basis so I depend on a multi to fill gaps. Also, I work in education and am constantly around children and their germs. Because of these reason, I always take a multi and usually that is Opti-Men or Rainbow Light Men's one, however I did just finish Go Simple Esstential for Men which I posted a review on recently. Let's break down how this multi worked for me.

I attached the supplement facts and as you can see it has a nice profile. It has all the vitamins and minerals that most multis provide (A, B, C, D, E, zinc, etc.) but also some extras that are usually only found in more premium multis like Iodine from kelp, lycopene, etc. The dosages of the vitamins and minerals are above average for example with C at around 400% and D at 500% and Zinc at 300%. The extras like lycopene, CoQ10 etc have small dosages but honestly all vitamins underdose those extras. Overall, I think this is a solid profile although I would like to see chelated forms, a fruit and veggie blend etc as my diet needs that support and are available in other multis.

No taste, smell, or mixing easy to swallow caps. Dosing is simple with two caps once per day with food. I always took with dinner. Points for simplicity and easy to take directions.

So we all know vitamins are hard to gauge in terms of effectiveness, but I do feel I have some good circumstantial evidence. I had just finished another cycle of a multivitamin called Essential for Men when taking this. I thought it was an average multivitamin, but nothing to write home about and did feel somewhat run down while taking this. Upon starting Mugen Endo, I instantly felt better and had more energy. This could be from the high dosages of the B vitamins but also may speak to the purity of the vitamins in here. I also did not get sick during the entire 30 day run which proves to me that my immune system was working properly. So although multivitamins can't be proven effective most of the time, I felt a lot better once I switched to this vitamin. It provided some added energy even though my diet can be draining so to me this vitamin worked very well.

This is where Endo gets negative points. Currently I can only find this on their website and amazon for $35 for a 30 day supply. At over a $1 a day for the effectiveness it's not that bad, but some of my favorite multis like Opti-Men and Rainbow Light are much cheaper and do provide some extras like the fruit/veggie herbal blends. I really like how this made me feel but other multis do have a better value.

Side Effects

Bright yellow pee.

Conclusion

I think this is a very well made multi with pure ingredients that made me feel better on a daily basis, but needs to come down in price a little.

Overall
    Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 30, 2017

• Filling
    • Helps Recovery Over Night
    • Great Mixability
    • Not Much Of A Variety Of Flavors

Hey SR, back at it again for a review of Dymatize's Elite Casein product. Protein is a staple for most of us, myself included, but for those who are not familiar there quite a few different types. There are protein types that are very quick in absorption such as hydrolysate and isolate, fast to medium with concentrate, and slow with casein. These types of proteins all come from milk usually. There's also other types of protein such as egg, rice, pea, soy etc. but this review will deal with casein, on of the slowest release proteins out there. Personally, I love casein protein as it has an extended release time of 4-6 hours. Being on a cut a slow release protein such as this keeps me out of a catabolic state much longer and helps me preserve muscle tissue. Let's break this product down and see if it can help you.

The macros for this protein are: 130 cals, 1.5 g fat, 3 carbs (no sugar), 25 grams of protein. As you can see, this has a very nice macro profile and it should be easy to fit into any diet/meal plan to get extra protein in your diet. I do like the no sugar as I try to stay in ketosis as much as possible. The scoop size is 35 grams and provides 25 grams of protein, so there is quite a bit of extras such as creamers, sweeteners, etc. Not the cleanest profile by any means, but these extras did have some obvious benefits in taste. As far as other 100% casein products, this definitely has an above average macro profile in comparison. Besides the additives and sweeteners, not too much to complain about. Thumbs up here.

Dosing is whenever you need protein. The most common time to use a casein protein is before bed to deliver a stream of protein and aminos while your fasting. I did this, but also used to make protein blends throughout the day and after a workout with a concentrate (Naked Whey) I had to get some fast and slow uptake. This was a lifesaver as this tastes absolutely delicious and the whey product I had no flavor so it helped my blends. I had the Cinnamon Bun flavor and it was not too sweet, just right. This was also a more unique flavor than say chocolate so it hit the spot. I can also comment on the mixability being very good. A lot of caseins, Optimum stands out to me, can be pretty gritty and hard to mix. This has a great texture and mixed very easily for a casein protein. Takes some more shaking than an isolate for sure, but overall it was great.

For effectiveness in a protein, if it has a solid profile, it's easy to incorporate into your diet, and doesn't have any digestion issues it's usually a winner. This is definitely the case for this protein. I can add to this however in saying that it helped me a lot in appetite suppression and cravings. When you're cutting and going low carb, sometimes you get extremely hungry. Add to this I naturally have a sweet tooth and that's the first thing that'll get out out of ketosis. This being a unique sweet flavored protein hit the spot when the cravings were really bad. This is being casein and thicker than your normal shake really helped fill me up and tide me over until my next meal. This was guilt free as with this profile, it didn't ruin my macros at all and is much better than a normal snack or meal for my diet. As far as muscle mass and strength I did not see any increases, but my training and diet aren't set up for that. I have continued to lean out without losing a lot of strength and muscle so this protein helped me accomplish my goals.

The best deal I could find on this at the moment is around $29 on bodybuilding.com for 26 servings. Casein is always a little more expensive than whey but this is very fairly priced and with all the pros I have mentioned is definitely worth it in terms of value. I would buy this again no problem.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a 100% casein product, this is top notch. Not the cleanest profile, but the flavor, versatility, and quality all make it worth it.

Thanks to Naked Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 30, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Absent Of Dyes Preservatives And Sweeteners
    • Cleanest Ingredient Profile Possible
    • One Of The Best Choices For Its Niche Category
    • Good For Baking
    • No Taste
    • Too Expensive For A Whey Concentrate
    • Clumpy

Hey SR, here today to do a review for Naked Whey, an all natural whey protein from Naked Nutrition. Protein has always been a staple of mine ever since I started lifting, but especially so as I continue to try to cut and lean out. Keeping the protein levels high without the added calories, carbs, fat, etc from whole food is key in preserving muscle mass while losing fat. Recently, there have been several companies out there busted for amino spiking and filling their proteins with a lot of fillers and generally unneeded ingredients. This caught my eye as a very clean protein so I wanted to give it a shot. This protein definitely comes with a lot of pluses and minuses so let's get into the review.

The basic macros of this protein are: 120 calories, 2 g fat (.5 sat), 3 g carbs (2 sugar), 25 g protein all coming from whey protein concentrate. These are greta macros that just about everyone can fit into their diets, including mine which is very strict. Personally, I like protein blends with some whey/casein for some extended release of amino acids. I'm ok with just having the concentrate though as they ultra quick absorption of hydrolysate and isolate makes the value not worth the benefit for me. If you're meeting your intended macros and training right every day then the results should be pretty close to what you want no matter what type of protein you're getting, so I'm ok with the value of concentrate. What Naked Whey does go all in for is for it to be all natural and organic. There are no artificial flavors, colors, etc. The whey is non denatured, cold processed, and only used whey from grass fed cows in California. I think this definitely has its pros and cons. Being all natural and organic is great, as I am someone who takes a lot of supplements and all the additives do add up. The cons would be this surely drives up the price, and could definitely hinder the taste which is something that proteins need to be good at it since it is supplementing food. For someone looking for the all natural route, this is a great product. For the average user, there may be concerns.

Mixability was below average for a shake. I would use a shaker bottle and if I didn't shake well enough or long enough it would get a little clumpy and and look almost like cottage cheese. I would shake a little longer and it would be alright, just know it takes a little extra than other proteins. Dosing is whenever you need protein to fit your macros. I used this in a variety of ways. I used this for baking mostly, as a standalone, and to make my own protein blends. I have to say that it is best used for baking and blends, as the taste with no sweeteners etc is very bland. I always use water in my protein shakes, and with this product it's a pretty much no go. You'll need something else for flavor whether it be milk, almond milk, another protein etc. So if you're buying this as standalone whey product for shakes, buyer beware you're going to need something else to help the flavor.

This will be a little tricky to judge here. So, was it effectively as a protein and getting protein in my diet easily? Absolutely. The profile is great, comes with the bonus of being all natural, and delivers quite a bit of protein per scoop. The negatives? You can't use it as a standalone as the flavor is really lacking. Of course, that's what they wanted at the same time as to deliver a protein product free from a bunch of extras. So my solution was to use this in a variety of ways. Yes, sometimes I used as a standalone after my workouts which wasn't that pleasant. I also used this however at night time with a casein product (Dymatize) to make my own blends which I prefer anyways. Also, because of the lack of flavor, this is a great way to pack some protein into some baked goods without ruining the flavor of the treat. I definitely used this protein quite a bit for some cheat day baked goods. So as mentioned, this protein has a lot of pros and cons. The lack of flavor is both a pro for versatility, but a con for a standalone. I don't think this protein is made or marketed for the general mass market, you're going to have to be more of a niche user looking for all natural products to want to use a on a daily basis.

Since all of us have probably walked through the organic/all natural grocery store or aisle, you know it's expensive. This is $90 for 76 servings. At this price point it is above average for a whey concentrate, but because of the direction of the product being all natural I don't think ridiculously so. A niche user in the market looking for a natural product would buy this at a fair deal.

Side Effects

No digestion issues at all.

Conclusion

Is this product for everyone? No. This product is for someone looking to go the all natural route. It does provide a good way to make some blends and help in the baking area, but also carries the burden of a lack of flavor that won't satiate the mass population.

Overall
    Thanks to Kratos Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Excellent Hydration
    • Increased Recovery
    • Transparent Label
    • Enhanced Pump
    • Somewhat Expensive

Hey SR, here today to do a review for Kratos Nutrition's BCAA supplement called No Limits. BCAAs are a staple for me at the moment as I love the enhanced recovery aspects of these products as well a way to stay out of a catabolic state while cutting without having to add the extra calories. As the supplement industry has evolved, I really think these type of supplements have improved the most. With more pure form of bcaas, eaas, pump ingredients, stimulants, etc. there are some really great intraworkouts out there. Let's see where No Limits fits in.

----Ingredie...

Fully disclosed label which is nice. No Limits provides 6 grams of fermented BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio which is the most preferred and research backed. 6 grams is a little above average than the 4-5 gram range most products use and the fermented form is is of a higher quality so right off the bat I am happy. The add ons to the BCAAs are are a gram of Hydromax, a gram of Taurine, and Coconut water. I really like hydromax as it's one of my preferred pump ingredients and Taurine and Coconut water help some with hydration. Being that I'm doing a lot of cardio and it's still hot here in Phoenix, hydration is always a priority for me as well. Overall, I really liked the profile and consider it above average for an intraworkout.

Dosing BCAAs is whenever you want them, but I always take them intraworkout especially when there's extra ingredients to help your workout like this one. Mixability was great, slight foaming but I didn't need to keep reshaking for settlement. The taste was wonderful. Although the flavor says Strawberry Orange, I really tasted a coconut flavor from the water I'm sure. It was a very light, refreshing, and delicious drink that I enjoyed sipping on throughout my workout.

When you take BCAAs, the main thing you're looking for is enhanced recovery from DOMS. This was definitely the case throughout my run of this supplement as my DOMS decreased in severity as well as time. This product also helped my pump as well, as when I took this intra along with my preworkout with pump ingredients I feel the pump was enhanced and much longer lasting. I can say that the hydration element of this product worked really well too as I was never extremely thirsty during my cardio and had no problem completing my workout and cardio.

Overall, this product did exactly what it said it would do. Is it the best intra I've ever taken? No, IntraBlast still holds that for me, but it performed much better than just a standard BCAA supplement. I think it's an above average intra supplement that worked very well.

You get a full 30 servings of this product which is great, and currently there's a groupon for $23! At that price the value is incredible, but you can't really rely on Groupons all the time and the most common price I see is around $33. At a little over a dollar per serving considering the fermented BCAAs and extra ingredients it's priced right where it should be. A little less than the ultra premium but more expensive than standalone BCAAs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for an effective intra supplement to help our workouts in more ways than just recovery but looking at a cost somewhere under the ultra premium, I would give this a try.

Overall
    Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
      October 23, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Fall Asleep Quicker
    • Minimal Deep REM Sleep

Hey SR, back at it again today with a review for Magnum Nutraceuticals sleep aid called G-Spring. A good night's rest is incredibly important for overall health and recovery from working out. Unfortunately, with our extremely busy lives and in my case stimulant overload, this can be hard to come by. When I get a chance to use a sleep aid I do as the benefits from falling a sleep faster and deeper really help me out. Let's see how well this product did for me.

I have attached the supplement facts, and as you can see if a fully disclosed product which is very nice for a sleep aid. Some highlights from the profile are some GH/Test boosting ingredients with D3 and L-Dopa, and a variety of ingredients that cause relaxation, stress relief, and provide a deeper sleep like L-Theanine, DMAE, Bacopa Monniera. The one ingredient that stands out though because of the dosage is the melatonin at 20 mg. This is a VERY high dose, and some people have a reaction to melatonin that causes a sleep hangover. I have had melatonin in a lot of sleep aids and even use it as a single ingredient sometimes without that effect. The dose most commonly used over is 2-5 mg. After reading a lot of research, melatonin is not toxic anywhere close even at 20 mg so no worries there, but if you have had issues with melatonin in the past I would definitely take this into consideration. Overall this looks like a well dosed sleep aid with some solid ingredients so I was ready to give this a try.

No taste or mixability, 4 easy to swallow pills. Dosage is 4 caps 30 min before bed which is easy enough. This does not want you to do a protocol of days off, some sleep aids will say 5 days on 2 off for example. I always took Saturday night off though because I can usually sleep in on Sundays and it helped give my body a break/help the product last longer.

This wasn't the best or strongest sleep aid I have taken, but I thought it did a solid job. The best part of this supplement was how it made you relax and fall asleep faster. About 45 minutes after taking this, I did feel extremely calm and relaxed and fell asleep quickly. This is definitely good for me at the moment as with preworkouts, fat burners, etc that I have been taking while cutting I can get pretty stimmed out. Add this to the normal stresses of everyday life and sometimes you just lay there in bed wide awake. This always helped me get to sleep faster. The quality of sleep was good, but I didn't get that ultra deep sleep with crazy dreams, etc. I woke up refreshed without a sleep hangover and overall felt good after taking it every night. I didn't notice a huge GH/Test boost or anything but did move closer to my goals of leaning out/muscle retention. Overall, I think is a solid sleep aid especially for helping one get to sleep.

This has some nice ingredients at high dosages, but I do feel it's pretty expensive at $42 for a 24 day supply. I took a day off and that helped me reach a full month, but there are other great sleep aids like Resurrect PM that are cheaper.

Side Effects

No sleep hangover for me, but melatonin has never been a problem.

Conclusion

I think this was an above average sleep aid that helped me fall asleep faster. The value at the moment hurts in comparison to other products, but I could recommend this for effectiveness.

Overall
    Thanks to Transparent Labs for sending it out!
      October 23, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • No Dyes
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Focus
    • Endurance
    • Pricey

Hey SR, here today to give a review for Transparent Labs preworkout called PreSeries Bulk. Preworkouts are a staple of mine, and ever since I have begun working out in the mornings before work I definitely look forward to a pick me up as I am not a morning person at all. I definitely value the all around preworkouts that deliver energy, endurance, focus, and somewhat a pump. I found this to be a great preworkout and I'll detail it below.

So with a brand name of transparent labs, you'd assume it would have a solid profile and it does. All of the ingredients are fully disclosed and it has extremely solid doses of the main ingredients. Some of the highlights are 6 g citulline for pump, a big dose of 4 g of beta alanine for endurance, 4 g of instantized bcaas in a 2:1:1 ratio, and 2.5 g of BetaPure betaine. These are really nice ingredients at clinical or more doses. The bcaas is a really nice bonus for me as I train fasted most of the time and this helps with staying out of a catabolic state and with recovery. To add to these main ingredients, you get a collection of stims and nootropics to help with energy and focus. It is lower on the stims than most preworkouts out today with 180 mg of caffeine. The energy is helped however with synephrine, hordenine, etc. Overall, this is a great profile. One improvement though would be to maybe expand the pump area with some agmatine or nitrates, but I can't complain that much at all.

One scoop preworkout, usual dosage. It mixed very well, some slight foaming but nothing crazy. The taste left a lot to be desired, as the strawberry lemonade was very acidic. I do like the lack of dyes and artificial sweeteners, and since this is a preworkout most of us chug it anyways, so I'll take the good with the bad.

I'll break down the effectiveness in the usual areas for a preworkout.

Energy: This is not going to put your hair on fire, and that's ok. It does provide some clean energy and I had no problem getting through my early morning workouts.

Pump: With my diet and not really a huge responder to citrulline, I got a minimal pump from this product. A pump is a bonus for me, so not a deal breaker at all for me.

Endurance: I feel as though this is the best part of this product. Although this is lower stim, it does provide great endurance and my muscles felt like they could last much longer and allowed me to work through sets and reps better. I'd much rather have this than just a cracked out energy, this improved my workouts and was welcomed. I also felt the bcaas helped here, as even though it's not an intra product my recovery improved as well.

Focus: Another really solid aspect of this product. This helped me "wake up" at 5 am and did provide that tunnel like focus. Definitely felt great during my workouts.

Overall: This was a very complete preworkout for me. I enjoyed taking it and it really helped me perform in the gym in a lot of areas and helped me get closer to reaching my goals.

With all of these ingredients in high dosages, it's going to be expensive. You can get this for $50, with a full 30 servings. If you workout 5 days a week, that's six weeks and I think that's a fair value. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this again at this value since bcaas are also a staple of mine and it's included in this, I can save some of that money with this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want crazy energy, you should look somewhere else. If you want an all around product to help with endurance and focus give this a shot.