Unheard0f

• Moderate community participation

TROPHY CASE

MVRs

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

First Bloods

Forum Posts

Answers

Try Requests

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. Unheard0f will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 202 days.

Reviews by Unheard0f

Overall
Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
  October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 8 Week Supply
  • No Jitters
  • Increased Focus
  • Lower Fatigue Rate
  • Barely Effective Alone

Thank you to Loud Muscle Science & SR.com's Trooper Program for sending me a 60-day bottle of DMHA!

Talk to any seasoned bodybuilder & supplement advocate, and they'll tell you about the "good old days". Ask them what pre-workouts we're like in their prime & they'll tell you about the days of Synephrin and DMAA, when they could train for hours on end and still feel as if they have a whole new workout left in the tank. After the crash of DMAA, the media outlets warning all parents to watch over their kids like hawks over supplements they were taking, it was only a matter of time before somebody found a way to mimic those effects in a safer manner. Safe of course, used loosely here. Therefore, DMHA was born, a stimulant that takes a heavy swing at the central nervous system and is the physical equivalent to feeling like "nothing can stop you".

I've used a ton of products with DMHA in their formulas, usually mixed in with a few other stimulants and some nootropic/pump tossed in there for good measure, but when I had the chance to take a DMHA pill, 200mg worth bottled & created by the crew over at Loud Muscle Science, I had to lunge at the opportunity. I used these with a variety of different pre's, intra's, and on it's own, and it never failed to impress. It's only one ingredient though?

Loud Muscle Science's DMHA is strictly that, 200mg of DMHA. The form of DMHA used here is the 1,5 Dimethylhexylamine HCL which is one of the most widely used, outside of that I typically only see 1,3.

If you didn't already know, DMHA is a stimulant. It's not caffeine or caffeine based, but it hits the central nervous system like a train, seeming to kick everything into extreme overdrive. When teamed up with a few other stimulant & cognitive enhancing ingredients, can change your entire workout experience.

A really simple dosing method here, one capsule of DMHA thirty-minutes pre-workout along with your other optional pre-workouts. I took it a step further & took one capsule before work a few times, and also before large work based events where I'd usually go for an energy drink. Just to experience the full extent of the product.

If you've never experienced DMHA before, you're missing out. Oh man, does this stuff get you moving. It doesn't have an initial punch like caffeine or other stimulants have, it instead creeps up on you. About thirty minutes after taking it (along with another stimulant product), you begin to feel the actual energy kick in. It wakes you up, seeming to clear your mind, and puts you almost literally in the game. This is when I really started to fall in love with it, I've taken DMHA plenty of times before but it's usually other ingredients in the product that act as the downer for me. Now I can control the amount, and what I'm taking it with, and with that energy comes strength. It's not an improvement in strength like we see from creatine or a strength based training program, it's the physical energy to apply yourself one hundred percent and move the weight. There's a lot of contributing factors to increasing strength and physical energy is a huge player in it.

As a stand-alone product, there isn't a ton of benefits to taking it. You get an increase in energy, but it's the "feel-good" feeling that comes along with DMHA that helps. Along with the energy comes this overwhelming feeling of motivation and drive, and maybe that's directly linked to the stimulating effects, but I always felt incredible mentally after taking it. I was very positive about all of my lifts, looking forward to the grueling training sessions. I set myself a few PR's within the two months I was using DMHA, and every one of them was significant. It wasn't a few pounds, but 10+ pound increases, and I say they're directly from that "feel-good" feeling and the insane amount of energy I had on it.

There wasn't to much of an advantage taking DMHA outside of the gym, I found myself preferring grabbing an energy drink while out and about. You get a bit of energy but it might have been dumb of me to think it might actually benefit me outside of the weightroom.

Loud Muscle Science directly is one of the only ways to get this DMHA & it's set at an incredible price of $29.75 before shipping. You're getting sixty capsules in a single container, and even if you keep them off to the side for a few days a week, it's a steal for the effectiveness.

Side Effects

DMHA has all kinds of side effect claims from all kinds of people, and outside of a few times where I felt like I was overdoing the stimulants and my heart was racing from sitting still, I didn't experience too many side effects.

Conclusion

Loud Muscle Science's DMHA is an awesome product, when teamed up with a pre-workout. Alone, it's a nice little pick me up on your way to the gym but throw some more stimulants in there with a few nootropic ingredients, and you'll be feeling good. At the price point, I'd keep this in the vitamin pile for those days I really need the boost, and I recommend if you're a fan of DMHA to do the same. A cool little product that'll give you the boost you need, when you need it the most!

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  October 18, 2018

• Great Endurance
  • Focus
  • Endless Energy
  • Amazing Pump
  • Minor Crash Depending On Diet

Kicking this off by saying a huge thank you to TBN Labs & SR.com for sending out a full tub of 1,3D NOX.

Ever since the first supplement I ever picked up, I'm always looking for something bigger & stronger than the last. It's a little tough to re-live my younger lifting days with memories using the original Jack3d & NO Explode always in the back of my mind, and I've had some incredible pre-workouts over the years, rarely any amounting to the feeling of the old DMAA formulas of the early 2000's. We'll probably never re-live those DMAA days, but we can get pretty damn close, and 1,3D Nox by TBN Labs does that. I can't even explain how much I was loving this product for the month I had it, it took me after the first week of training to remember taking my review notes. I felt too damn good to stop and take notes.

It's not perfect, but it gets pretty close. This is a true powerhouse pre-workout that delivers on energy, focus, pump and this feeling of relentlessness that will have you training hard and leaves you feeling like you have another workout in the tank. What's in it though? Let's find out.

TBN Labs 1,3D Nox is a powerful product, and packs some hefty ingredients into a 7.5g scoop, unfortunately the individual amounts are hidden away in a proprietary blend. It's always a little bit of a killer for me, I like to know what I'm taking in what amounts, but according to the TBN Labs website, 1,3D Nox packs in 300mg of caffeine. Far from the only stimulant in the product, but it's nice to get a ballpark amount for those concerned. The product is consisted of one blend:

"3 Dimensional Xtreme Screwdriver" (4.25g)

L-Arginine
Beta Phenyl Ethylamine HCL
Guarana
Glycerol Monostearate
Yohimbe

As you can see, it's loaded with both familiar and unfamiliar ingredients. We see a lot of your average pre-workout ingredients in here, L-Arginine, Taurine and Glycerol all common in both stimulated and non-stimulated products, their biggest benefits being optimal blood flow to the muscles allowing for a larger and more dense pump. More blood flow to the working muscle equals more nutrients being shuttled to the muscle, being able to tear down those muscle fibers further and jump start that recovery process. One of the most important ingredients in here being the big old 2 - Aminoisoheptane aka DMHA. A heavy stimulant that hits the central nervous system like a speeding train, and almost makes you feel like you can't slow down. Teamed up with that 300mg of caffeine anhydrous, 1,3D Nox will have you moving like there's no tomorrow. Put all of that on top of the Betaphenylethylamine and you're in for a ride, which isn't exactly built for everyone. A few changes I'd make would be getting rid of the proprietary blend, obviously, and rid of that Yohimbe, which is the only thing about this ingredient label that bothers me. Yohimbe doesn't interact well with everybody and I'm unfortunately one of those people. Outside of that, this is a killer profile you're not going to see to often anymore.

Taste/Mixability

I received the Ice Cherry flavor of 1,3D Nox and I have zero complaints about the taste. I was a tad bit afraid of the taste cause there's a ton of stuff packed into this and blends this wild tend to reflect in the taste. The Ice Cherry was a tad bitter, but it wasn't in a bad way. Cherry has a natural sweetness to it and you can taste that in the product. As far as mixability goes, just add a few extra seconds to your average amount of shaking and you'll be fine. As I said a thousand times, there's a lot going on in here and DMHA has a past of not blending to well. There we're only a few times when I found some leftover powder at the bottom of the shaker, and it was hidden under the heavy amount of foam that rested around the bottom brim of the bottle. I just shook for a few seconds extra and it solved that issue real quick. Just for fun I threw a scoop into a cup and attempted to mix it up with a spoon, and that didn't work too well. I don't recommend that unless you have a serious mixing wrist.

Whew, there were times when 1,3D Nox really kicked my behind. It was a little slow to kick in, I usually found it really kicking in around the 25 minute point after drinking it. It didn't start like a typical pre-workout, while it does contain Beta-Alanine, it didn't start off with the skin tearing itching we usually get. Instead, I would start feeling much more positive about the workout ahead of me and was able to kick off my workouts strong. I found myself making warm up sets more intense, leading to bigger and stronger working sets. It didn't make me any stronger, but allowed me to assert that energy more effectively and faster, kicking off those first working sets full speed ahead.

As the workouts moved forward, that energy never lessened. I never felt like the product hit a peak, it was allowing me to give one hundred percent, one hundred percent of the time. One of my favorite aspects of it was my endurance, it felt like I could train for hours without ever fatiguing. I'm a big advocate for achieving the biggest pump possible and 1,3D Nox delivered on the blood flow. I could achieve a full pump very fast and never worried about losing it intra-workout. Even when I would stop to run my mouth to a friend for a few minutes, the pump wouldn't just fall away. On a few occasions I did find myself crashing post-workout, and it would all depend on my pre and post workout meal more than anything. I understand all of the stimulants in this could cause it but if you're smart with your food timing you can avoid that crash pretty easily.

Through TBN Labs directly, you can get 30-servings for $35, which is a steal. If you're an Amazon fanboy you'll be spending $41 through them. $35 for everything you get with this product is incredible, it's a great price point for a fantastic pre-workout.

Side Effects

On a few occasions I dealt with an upset stomach, but that always depended on what I ate beforehand. Other than that, nothing else.

Conclusion

At the end of the day, I loved 1,3D Nox. It kicked my behind time and time again, allowing me to almost literally leave all of myself behind on the gym floor. As an everyday pre-workout though, it wouldn't always be my go to just cause it's so full of stimulants, but if that doesn't matter to you make this your new pre-workout. It didn't let me down once over the month I spent using it, and led to me making some serious leaps and bounds as far as personal progress goes. I miss it already.

Thanks again to TBN Labs and SR.com for allowing me to try 1,3D Nox!

Overall
Overall
4.4
4.4
3.8
Thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 2, 2018

• Minimal Recovery

I once mentioned in an older review of mine that BCAA's are the one sports supplement I couldn't live without. I'm always going through them the fastest, and whether that's from two-scooping it intra-workout or the three scoops tossed into my gallon every single morning, I'm not sure. All I know is, I practically need an IV of BCAA's next to me at all times. It's my favorite product to try from brands just for the new & interesting flavor profile, and jazzing it up with some caffeine is never a bad thing, which is exactly what HD Labs Nutrition was going for with Sustain. An Intra-Workout/Recovery product with three simple ingredients, BCAA's, Choline Bitartrate and Caffeine. What else do you need?!

I decided to go a different route with this one though after reading the rep's note and use this as an everyday pick me up, as opposed to a strict intra-workout drink. I'd use a scoop or two before work, as an alternative to energy drinks when spending a day out and even something to sip on during those long nights of Call of Duty: WWII. One small issue though, other brands have done this exact product better, in quite a few areas. Energy based BCAA's are common sights now, and there are better-tasting, cheaper alternatives out there that are more readily available. Only three ingredients you say, though?

I've got to hand it to HD Labs Nutrition for this small yet completely transparent label, a rare-sight in this day and age. Don't expect to much here, but we kick this label off with a full 5g serving of BCAA's. I've never seen Innobio Instantized BCAA's though, what are they? Claimed to be the most water-soluble and easiest absorbed BCAA's "on the planet!", but it looks to me like it's just your standard 2:1:1 BCAA ratio which is good enough for me. Choline Bitartrate is dosed here at 1.35g, Choline acting as a key neurotransmitter, which can increase energy and focus, as well as memory and some other cognitive functions. Recommended daily at anywhere from 300-600mg per day, this is a decent little dose of Choline to take in everyday, and only really becomes beneficial if taken every single day. Rounding off this ingredient label is 117mg of caffeine, which falls right around the average amount of caffeine found in energized BCAA's. Not a lot, but just enough!

It always slightly confuses me when BCAA's don't taste good, it throws me off a little bit. I was excited about Sustain's Crackberry-Lemonade, I'm a big lemonade guy and I can only assume Crackberry is some assortment of berries, am I right? It's weird because this barely taste like anything in it's name, and features more of a chemical taste than anything. It's pretty unpleasant to the taste buds, and this was when I would use both under and over the amount of recommended water. No matter if you use a single, or double scoop in a shaker bottle, it doesn't make the flavor any better. The lemonade after taste stands out the most, but I can't get past that weird berry chemical taste that throws you off immediately upon drinking it. As far as mixability, zero issues there. I never noticed any problems with major chunks or product left at the bottom of my cup, and the single shaking when first mixed is enough to keep it broken down perfectly.

My personal dosing with BCAA's is all over the board, and I ranged from using one scoop in a shaker cup to three in a gallon of water depending on the day. I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance, so the three scoops in a gallon was good enough to keep me from grabbing an energy drink at my local convenience store, but the single scoop is enough for the average person to get a little boost out of it. Sustain shouldn't be your primary source of BCAA's though, in my opinion, as I recommend taking in anywhere from 15-25g of BCAA's a day, so maybe keep this off to the side for that mid-day crash or even as a gentle pre/intra-workout depending on your caffeine tolerance.

Outside of the awful taste, this didn't do a horrible job at being an energized BCAA. This wasn't my primary source of BCAA's so I can't assure that this product will give you any leaps and bounds with recovery, but the extra BCAA's in the product couldn't hurt. I tried to find the daily benefits with Sustain, the everyday practical uses for it outside of the gym. Thanks to the BCAA's, there was a slight improvement in hydration, though it might've been better had this stuff actually been enjoyable enough to drink. I liked the 117mg dosing of caffeine for running errands or getting work around the house done, I could control my intake without feeling like I'm going overboard on the stimulants and the caffeine hit was nice and smooth. When studying or gaming, it of course gave me a nice little energy boost depending on my total caffeine intake for the day, but I was let down by the lack of focus enhancements from the Choline. It could be that it's just not beneficial for me, but I noticed zero increase in focus, which I really stayed on the lookout for after every scoop of Sustain. The BCAA's are always nice, and the caffeine works as it's meant to be but with no other benefits to speak of, is it worth the price?

Sold only directly from HD Labs Nutrition, Sustain will run you a hefty $35 for 30 servings. Not being widely available, that's very cost effective considering you can shop your local supplement store and find other caffeinated BCAA's for more than $10 less the asking price for Sustain, and they probably taste better too.

Side Effects

No Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, there just isn't much to Sustain. It's an insanely simple product that has effectiveness in both energy and I assume recovery thanks to those 5g of BCAA's, but that's all she wrote. What happened to the taste though? The biggest downfall of Sustain is that awful chemical taste that nothing can fight off besides maybe mixing it with a different product. Had this had a better taste, and the price a bit more reasonable, it might be something I'd suggest to someone looking for a decent pick me up drink, but it falls shorts on almost everything it's meant to be. Others have done better.

I just want to say thank you to HD Labs Nutrition & SR.com Trooper Program for the tub of Sustain!

4.5
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  October 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Rid Of Water

Ah, the end of Summer. In comes the time when I enjoy overlong training sessions, snacking after eating a full meal & spending way to much time at my favorite restaurants. While Winter typically becomes everyone's "bulking season", I took a chance on making this winter my time to buckle down and cut down on some of my mistakes throughout my power-lifting career. Conveniently enough, in comes Redcon1's Silencer through the SR Trooper program, to what I think is the perfect start to my "cutting season". To paint a picture for you, I spent 8 years as a power-lifter. I'm 5'11", and at the end of August the scale read a topping 265 pounds. I have a lot of dense muscle mass & the last time I weighed under 230 pounds was freshman year of high school, right before football season began. I started this prep prepared, a good diet & my usual gallon of water a day, so why not toss in a simple fat burner to motivate myself a little bit.

Redcon1's Silencer is a non-stimulant fat burner, and one of the few I've ever tried. The name stays true though, as my run with Silencer was met with little results & little change, and though it does have it's benefits, it falls to the wayside compared to some other non-stimulant fat burners I've used before. What makes up Silencer, though? Let's dig in.

Silencer features a fully-disclosed ingredient label, as do all other Redcon1 products, which should already be impressing you. There's no hiding or "fear of giving away our secret" intents here, it's all wide open to us. Right off the bat is Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL, and being similar to the simpler L-Carnitine, works with the metabolism of converting food into energy. Why is it here though? Carnitine helps transfer fat into your cells, where there it can be turned into fuel, most studies showing it most beneficial during intense exercise. Following up the Acetyl Carnitine, is L-Carnitine Tartrate, which actually prevents the body from having low levels of Carnitine, but even more so treats bodies who already suffer from having these low levels. Garcinia Cambogia is present here as well, at 50% HCA. HCA being the active ingredient in the Garcinia fruit, which when in reference to weight loss, is mostly discussed for it's appetite suppressing effects. Following that up is the ever so popular CLA, a naturally produced fatty acid which seems to have picked up some steam over the past few years. Research shows it has some minor fat burning abilities in humans, but nothing set in stone or any studies that seem to convincing.

The bulk of Silencer is a little underwhelming, a little bit of appetite suppression & the typical array of ingredients we're used to seeing in fat burners of all sorts. This is where it gets fun though, with the Dandelion Root Extract. If you've never used Dandelion before you're in for a surprise, simply because it acts as a natural diuretic. The end goal being to flush out as much water as possible, or take off that excess water that people sometimes tend to carry if they've never taken a chance at dieting before. Alpha Lipoic Acid is another cool one found here, helping the body shift glucose into the muscles as opposed to fat cells, which can further increase those fat cells. We get a tiny bit of Raspberry Ketone Powder tossed down here at a small dose, but my opinion on Ketones isn't the greatest. It's said to help further break down fat within cells easier and help regulate metabolism, but there isn't a single study out there convincing me of it's claims. Ending this off is 3,5 Diiodo-L-Thyronine. A big word there! While I'm not all that familiar with it, it is a TH metabolite, simply being used to enhance the effects of the thyroid. Of all the reading, it's biggest uses being energy expenditure, but this thyroid hormone also plays a huge role in the bodies ability to maintain energy metabolism, and make sure the body is absorbing all of the nutrients from food as quickly as possible, and efficiently.

As per Redcon1's instructions, one serving, or four capsules, are all that's needed for "fat loss and metabolic support". For the first three weeks, I stuck to the single serving per day & took all four of my capsules following my first meal of the day. The last few days of taking the product I bumped up to the "Maximum Results" dosing which is two servings daily, or four capsules twice daily. I would take the first serving after breakfast and the second after my afternoon snack, and it wasn't until the two servings a day did I really notice some decent changes. I'll break it down further below, but if you choose to do two servings daily, just know that makes this bottle only good for 15 days. If you're in serious need of cutting water levels, such as leading up to a show or an event you want to look good at, go the stronger route. For the average person, the single dosing a day should be enough.

As I said above, my first three weeks using Silencer, I was following the single serving per day regimen. All of this was along with diet, high water consumption and six days of intense training with cardio, so my expectations we're pretty high. For the most part, I barely felt much of anything. There wasn't much change in my appetite that was noticeable, besides the ability to eat a little more per sitting which could also occur from the consistency of eating larger meals than you're used to, so I can't lend it all to the product. A lot of non-stimulant fat burners have a heavy thermogenic effect to them, causing you to sweat more than usual which leads to an annoying amount of laundry, but never noticed much of that in my run with Silencer. When really looking back at my notes, I felt not much of anything at all. I'd say the most potent here was the Dandelion Root, which along with my gallon of water a day had me burning more calories from constantly running to the bathroom. On that note though, I did notice my water retention drop mildly, as my muscles starting taking on that "drier" feeling after the first 15 or so days. It felt really good and along with the diet, I feel it was the biggest benefit of the product on the single serving regimen.

My last week, I decided to give the two servings a day a try just for research purposes, and that's when the water draining benefits hit full speed. A gallon of water wasn't enough to keep me hydrated & I continued to feel more and more dry as I neared the end of the bottle. The night I took my last serving, I weighed in at 253.3, which was a pretty decent drop to see after the first month of "cutting". It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it was that helped the most, but without noticeable changes in appetite or much else besides getting rid of some water, I'd say that's about all this was good for myself. I'm confident people can reap more benefits after a few months of use on Silencer, but my one month run didn't impress me to much, barely at all.

Silencer's lowest cost online is $31.95 from IllPumpYouUp, which at maximum can run as a 30 day supply. Places like Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, and Redcon1's website price it at $39.99. I've taken a wide array of stimulant free fat burners which feel as if they're working in the first thirty days of use, and have a lot of noticeable benefits very quickly for significantly cheaper than this. The average price of a decent fat burner right around the $30 mark. So yeah, this is a little high up on the scale, but maybe worth a try at that $32 mark if you really want too.

Side Effects

No Side Effects

Conclusion

I always see drastic result differences in the fat burner category more than others, especially since everyone's body has reactions to different products and ingredients. I wouldn't talk you out of trying any of them, the worst one I've ever taken might be the greatest one for you and that's the beautiful thing about the supplement industry, we can all have different opinions. Silencer didn't do much for me, I'm forever grateful for the extra calories burned from bathroom runs but for what it's worth I feel like this should've gone better. You can't set your expectations too high really with a non-stimulant fat burning product, but I'm sure a lot more have more noticeable effects than what I experienced with Silencer over the last thirty days. Oh well, on to the next!

I'd like to thank both Redcon1 and SR.com's Trooper Program for the bottle of Silencer!

Overall
(SR paid for product; Rule 1 Proteins did not participate)
  September 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Flexible Dosing
  • Not An Effective PreWorkout
  • Almost No Focus Effects

Just want to start this off with a shout out to the SR.com Trooper Program for sending me a 30-Serving container of Rule 1 Energy+!

I love when a supplement company branches out beyond just the gym floor & creates what I call a "life" product, something with multiple uses that could improve multiple aspects of life when used. Rule 1 seems to have done that with more than a few of their products, but their Energy + should have a little more notice than it actually has. Marketed as a stimulant pre-workout, I found myself using it for work, partying on the weekends and in the gym when I didn't feel like loading up on some heavy stimulated stuff. My caffeine tolerance is off the map, so this wasn't exactly the most optimal pre-workout for myself or people like me, but I would toss it in with some BCAA's before heading out for the night & it kept me from grabbing an energy drink or better yet spending an insane amount for a Sugar Free Red Bull at the bar. With a great price point, and many benefits that most people could really take advantage of, it's a good product. What's in it though? Let's find out.

Rule 1's Energy + keeps it simple and transparent, with a fully open label consisting of 5 ingredients & a small total scoop worth of 3.2g.

Betaine Anyhydrous (1.5g): At a recommended dosing of 1-1.5g a day, Rule 1 nails it's dosing of Betaine right on the head. For those who don't know, Betaine has a wide range of uses & is in a lot more of your supplement products than you may have noticed. Right off the bat, Betaine is responsible for methylation of the amino acid homocysteine to methionine. A lot of big words thrown around there but the amino acid methionine is crucial for the bodies creation of Creatine, which can boost muscle strength, size, and increase pump by increasing the amount of water being pulled into the muscle tissue. Betaine has also been shown to play a huge factor in protein synthesis again by helping the body convert to methionine, and by having that more available in the body, protein synthesis is in full effect working as hard as it can to make sure the body absorbs as much protein as possible.

L-Taurine (1g): L-Taurine is another amino acid you might take in more than you know, it's a popular ingredient tossed in many energy drinks, who than market it as a "focus enhancer". After numerous studies and a bit of digging, it's not shown to be as beneficial as everyone originally thought it was. It's biggest study was shown to dilute the numerous side effects that come along with caffeine, such as the jitters and that awful crash a lot of us go through once everything settles. It's biggest study found Taurine compared to L-Theanine, another amino acid that diminishes the side effects of caffeine. Taurine also acts as a nitric oxide booster, increasing the amount of cells & blood shuttled to the muscles when under stress.

Beta-Alanine (400mg): We all know what Beta-Alanine feels like, and we've all experienced walking out of the gym into the cold night ready to scratch our faces off. What does it actually do though? This non-essential amino acid increases the amount of carnosine in the blood stream, which affects muscular endurance directly. While not directly affecting your pump, studies have shown athletes supplementing with Beta-Alanine to be able to lift harder for longer, and maintain some of their explosiveness in compound movements later in the workout, maybe after secondary exercises when the body begins to lose a lot of that muscular endurance.

Caffeine Anyhydrous (100mg): Energy + is an energy product, obviously, and packs in a tiny 100mg per scoop. This isn't designed for the hardcore athletes pounding down the worlds strongest pre-workout's, but more for the people looking for a tiny boost before cardio or when they can't find that physical energy to get off the couch. For people with a low caffeine tolerance, this could be a perfect pick me up. It could also benefit someone who trains in the morning, and needs to get some work done later in the day but doesn't want to pound down another handful of caffeine.

Theacrine (25mg): Recently picking up steam in the supplement market over the last year, Theacrine is another form of stimulant you're going to be seeing a lot more. Usually partnered up with caffeine, Theacrine is an energy booster, but the catch being that the body doesn't get used to it. The reason why your favorite pre-workout might not be working for you anymore is your body adapting to the amount of caffeine, and constantly reaching that wall and pushing above it can lead to you being able to handle a lot of caffeine and be just as tired as you were before. Theacrine is still being heavily studied for deeper understanding, but it's tossed in here for good measure and maybe the tiniest of support when it comes to your energy jump.

Taste: Rule 1 went the smarter route here releasing the product as unflavored, which makes it perfect to toss into your favorite drink or a bottle of water, completely forgetting it's there. In plain old water it adds a little bit of a funk flavor, but in a regular flavored beverage you won't even notice it.

Mixability: I put Energy + to the test every single way I can, and I wasn't surprised to see it perfectly mixing in every scenario. From your shaker bottle to the smallest bottle of water I could find, this blended perfectly and never added the weird grain feel a lot of these additive products have.

Dosing: Possibly one of my favorite things about the product is your ability to play with dosing as much as you'd like. You can toss in four scoops to get a huge hit of everything in it, or you can keep it clean and simple with one or two. It gives you the ability to control it to your liking. I rarely used a single scoop, and never really needed to push it to three or beyond but one or two when I needed a boost during the day was nice, and not having to worry about overdoing it with some of the ingredients felt really good.

Rule 1's Energy + is a really cool product to keep in the gym bag or the car trunk, and I reached for it quite a few times for the first few weeks to test out as an actual pre-workout. At my level of caffeine tolerance, I felt almost nothing on a single scoop, and barely anything on two scoops. It was much better than taking nothing, but I could never use the product as a full on pre-workout. The biggest benefit I found from it was outside of the gym. I'd toss two scoops into my morning BCAA's on non-training days for a little boost, and did in fact find my focus to be slightly improved and a decent little energy boost. If the product can get me off the couch, it's a success in my book, and it was especially helpful to be able to increase the amount of scoops I took if I felt the need to.

I'm a huge believer in having the best life you can outside of the gym as well as in, and I have a strong appreciation for my weekends off from my training with my friends. I'd always have to stop off for a Monster or a Bang on my way to meeting with friends, but tossing Energy + into my shaker bottle with some branched chains always worked better. I'd sip on a few scoops over the course of the night and never felt the need to find some other energy source, but again, it was that dosing flexibility I loved so much. If ya needed a bit more, you could take down another scoop and not have to worry about over stimulating yourself.

The average price I found Rule 1's Energy + was around $20, which is under $2 per serving. I found it for $16 from Campus Protein, and I'd say it's worth every penny. Add up 30 of those energy drinks you're always grabbing and I guarantee even the $20 looks a lot better than that number you have. No complaints about price here!

Side Effects

No Side Effects

Conclusion

Rule 1's Energy + is a really cool product, something I'd keep in the trunk of my car or bring with me to work or school as a quick little pick me up that's not too extreme. The dosing flexibility makes this product useful for people of all caffeine tolerances in all kinds of different life situations. While this didn't do much for me as far as training goes, I loved using it before my nights out or those double shifts at work, which is when I felt I reaped the most benefits out of the product. It's cheap, it's effective, and it's an extremely convenient product to keep on hand at all times.

Thank you again to SR.com's Trooper Program for letting me try this out!

Overall
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  September 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Longer Lasting Pumps
  • Mixes Well
  • Improves Recovery
  • Hydrates

If somebody had approached me one day & told me I could only take one supplement for the rest of my life but continue my bodybuilding career, I wouldn't hesitate to choose BCAA's. Since my discovery of their benefits a few years ago, they've become a staple in my supplement stack and just an overall constant product in my life. I'm always switching up brands or exploring new flavors, especially since throwing 3-4 scoops into a gallon every single day isn't the most cost effective way to do things, but I make due. When the chance came to try out one of Redcon1's amino products, I jumped at the chance.

Breach is a BCAA & hydration blend, and I just want to thank the people over at Redcon1 & here at SR for the chance to try this out via the Trooper Program. Containing your three BCAA's & a few hydration ingredients in there, Breach is a super effective amino product. I can honestly say that you can notice the recovery improvements, but even more the endurance and hydration benefits of drinking it intra-workout. Only on off days did I drink Breach outside of the gym, and I did that upon waking as instructed on the bottle. I began with one scoop intra-workout and eventually up to two, and enjoyed the product so much I recently bought myself another bottle of a different flavor. What's in here outside of your traditional BCAA's? Let's look deeper.

My hands are becoming numb from applauding Redcon1 on their 100% transparent labels, and that was a huge plus to see here also on Breach.

BCAA (5g): We all know BCAA's (Branced Chain Amino Acids) are essential for muscle recovery since that's always the first thing we see about them, but they're benefits for muscular endurance, preserving muscle tissue during dieting, and protein synthesis always seem to fall off in the conversation. In all of my research, I try to stick with products giving us at least 5-10g of BCAA's in a serving, and with the recommended 15-20g a day for an active adult anything less is really just lazy dosing. With Breach, we're getting a full 5g per serving, a nice 2:1:1 ratio. For those who don't know, your three BCAA's are Leucine, Iso-Leucine and Valine, Leucine always being the highest amount with Iso-Leucine and Valine trailing shortly behind. When are BCAA's most crucial? I always try to take in a serving immediately upon waking up, I throw it into 20oz of water & drink it down while making breakfast. Intra-Workout is the most popular due to the muscular endurance and hydration benefits, but if you're dieting and utilizing fasted cardio, BCAA's are essential to get in to help prevent some of the muscular breakdown that happens when in a caloric deficit with consistent intense cardio.

Coconut Water Powder (1g): If you've never tried a product containing Coconut Water, you owe it to yourself to do so. Coconut Water Powder is incredible for hydration, and includes a bunch of electrolytes. Proper electrolyte balance leads to hydration, a big boost in muscular endurance & overall increase in energy expendature. Just for fun, use a standard BCAA product that doesn't include coconut water (and that's a lot of them), and the next day try one with. I promise you'll notice a difference.

Glycerol (1g): Glyucerol is slowly gaining more traction in the supplement industry, seen in a wide range of products from Pre-Workouts, Post-Workouts, and everything in between. Glycerol has a number of benefits, ranging from muscular endurance, hydration and pump. Since Glycerol is rapidly absorbed by the body, one of it's biggest benefits is the increase in muscle pump. We all know what a muscle pump is, and Glycerol has been shows on many occasions to increase plasma within the muscle tissue, leading to a bigger and more full look. On top of that, Glycerol also increases fluid intake to the muscle, and both of those uses lead to a large pump increase when taking Glycerol either pre or intra workout.

Taurine (1g): Acting similarly to Creatine, Taurine is an amino acid that can increase cell volume and allow the muscle to hold more water resulting in muscle fullness and a great pump. It's tossed in here at the end of the ingredient label but combined with the Glycerol mentioned above, it turns this simple intra-workout into a little pump product as well, though I would say it has a higher benefit on muscular endurance, allowing you to give your A game from beginning to end.

I have nothing negative to comment on when it comes to this ingredient label, a nice mix of endurance, hydration, and small pump increasers here outside of the just fine 5g of BCAA's. Two scoops of this stuff amounting to 10g of total BCAA's make this a killer intra-workout amino product.

Taste: I was lucky enough to receive the one flavor I was interested the most in, that being Pineapple Banana. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would, it doesn't have a bad flavor profile, but to me it seems to be more of a desired flavor. There were times I really enjoyed it, and other times, mostly in the morning, when I would hate Pineapple Banana being the first flavor to hit my taste buds for the day. The flavor falls more towards Banana, with the Pineapple being more of an aftertaste. Overall not a bad flavor at all, but maybe having a different flavor around for the times I wasn't feeling this would've been nice.

Mixability: For some reason there's this misconception that BCAA's should mix up really well, and I don't mean you should be swallowing chunks of this stuff at a time, but there's supposed to be this underlying graininess to your amino product if it's done well. Breach is a bit grainy, and it's noticeable over some other BCAA products I've had more recently, but nowhere near enough to turn you away from it. I've never experienced any clumping or powder sticking to the bottom of my bottles, this stuff even mixed well in a glass with a spoon, which was impressive.

Dosing: There's many different ways to dose your BCAA product, people like myself tend to drink this stuff all day long while others prefer intra- or post-workout. On the Breach label, they first recommend one serving, or one scoop, pre, intra, or post-workout. For best results, they recommend up to three scoops a day. At three consistent scoops a day, you're only going to get 10 days worth of product out of this. I started off with a single scoop a day, on non-training days first thing in the morning and intra-workout 5 days a week. On Sunday's, I have a rest day where I take in no supplements so I was going through about six scoops a week. In my final week, I upped it to two at a time to see if I could notice any further benefits, and there were some, but I'd say the single scoop a day is perfect enough.

As mentioned earlier, I was taking a single scoop upon waking up on non-training days, and a single scoop intra-workout on training days, and had a noticeable increase in muscle recovery. At the time I started Breach, I was also starting a more intense training style with more volume, and was surprised at the lack of DOM's when the first week ended. I felt tight and sore, but not enough to be wincing in discomfort while at work or doing everyday activities, and nowhere near sore enough to have a negative impact on any other training days. I typically have issues when it comes to shoulder soreness that impacts a few other training days, but I doubled up Breach that day and had zero issues in the following days. I noticed some benefits when drinking a serving after waking up, it seemed to work as a perfect cure for that morning de-hydration, ridding of my dry throat after just a few sips. Usually with breakfast, I'm downing glasses of water to feel better and give myself the smallest boost possible, but with Breach I felt perfect after the 20oz and was content with just sipping on water normally instead of drinking it down like I was lost in the desert for a week.

For the last week, I doubled up on my scoops intra-workout and noticed another big bump in hydration, but not so much with recovery. It didn't seem to increase recovery further from the single scoop servings or endurance, but there is further hydration benefits at two scoops, obviously. If you can afford to do more than a single scoop I say go for it, but for most people a single serving a day should be more than perfect.

The cheapest I found a 30-Serving of Breach was $19.95 through IllPumpYouUp, and the average asking price seems to be upwards of $35. At my local Vitamin Shoppe & GNC, it's priced at a reasonable $29.95, which equals just about $1 per serving. I have zero complaints paying $1 per serving, even better if below that.

Side Effects

Zero Side Effects

Conclusion

In the muddled crowd of BCAA products, Breach stands out. 5g of total BCAA's, with hydration & pump ingredients littered in there make this a pretty packed amino product, and one that tries to be better than most, and succeeds. The intra-workout benefits are awesome and when put against an equally priced, simpler amino product, I'm sure would come out on top for most people in the gym training hard and really looking to reap the benefits of their aminos. I went to the store and picked myself up a second bottle in the Sour Apple flavor which I'm really excited to crack open tonight and try out. If you're looking for a great amino product that you can feel working and don't want to break the bank, Breach is the way to go.

I wanted to thank Redcon1 and The Trooper Program for sending me Breach!

August 19, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • 7g Creatine Per Dose
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • Muscle Fullness
    • Awesome Recovery
    • Woah Those Pumps

I have to admit, I've been a little bit of a Redcon1 fan-boy as of late. What started off as a love simply for the packaging, has turned into my supplement cabinet littered with their products that I'm eagerly awaiting trying out over the next few months. Tango was a no-brainer for me, a creatine blend consisting of three forms equaling a total of 7 grams, with a few added ingredients for recovery? I'm all about it. I've tried so many different brands of creatine products, from the simplest monohydrates to ridiculous blends, and always find some sort of success with it. It's rare though that a product turns out to be as beneficial as Tango is, as my recovery time seemed to nearly be cut in half & the fullness I felt outside of the gym made me feel much bigger than I really am. While actual strength gains were undiscovered because of my current training style, I just felt better in the gym, bigger and healthier feeling pumps and a real noticeable increase in muscular endurance that had me killing one training session after the next.

What makes Tango stand out though? Let's dig a bit.

Tango features a fully transparent ingredient label consisting of seven total ingredients. I just have to take a second to praise Redcon1 for these fully open labels in 2018, it's such a beautiful thing. Brings a tear to my eye.

Creatine Monohydrate (5g): Monohydrate is the most universally accepted form of creatine, it's the most basic and to most people seems to yield the best results with almost no negativity attached to it's name. Playing a massive role in increasing protein synthesis, creatines biggest role is cell volumization within the muscle or in other words, increasing the amount of water volume which can play a massive role in muscle building and strength increases. Redcon1 nails it on the head here with a perfect 5g, the recommended dosing of creatine monohydrate.

Betaine Anhydrous (2.5g): Studies showed Betaine Anhydrous playing a large role in strength increases in all subjects using 1.25g dosages, and it did that by not only increasing protein synthesis but also increasing the bodies natural ability to create creatine. These studies also showed all test subjects taking Betaine post-workout, which makes this added ingredient a key role in the overall effects of Tango.

Creatine HCL (1g): Another widely used form of creatine, HCL is a widely much more absorbed form of creatine. With a proven faster absorption rate than any other form on the market, and dosed at a much lower amount, it seems to be just as high up there in effectiveness as your typical Monohydrate, and tossing a gram into this creatine based post-workout is a nice touch to boost absorption in the body.

Creatine MagnaPower (1g): In much simpler terms, it's creatine binded with magnesium. This binding with magnesium can actually allow for further ATP production within the muscle, being proven to allow for bigger muscular pumps & contractions than any other form of creatine. As a fun little bonus, Magnapower also increases carb metabolism, meaning that insanely needed post-workout meal has the potential to be absorbed better and actually put those carbs to good use.

Taurine (1g): Taurine, as we all know, is an amino acid mainly shown to increase cell volumization, which lends a huge hand to muscle recovery and an increase in nitrix oxide, aka, blood flow. Working hand in hand with creatine & glutamine to pull more water into the muscle, teaming it up with all of the creatine in Tango can increase muscle size and muscular pump.

L-Ornithine L-Aspartate (1g): Acting as a pre-cursor to nitric oxide, this combination of amino acids increase blood flow to the muscles and can play a huge role in muscle pump and recovery.

As we see here, Tango is pretty loaded up. You can really feel the three grams of creatine every single day taking this product, and especially after passing the two week mark. I love this blend of products, and the dosing is exactly how I'd do it, ya know, if I owned a huge supplement company and had expectations to match.

Taste: Between the few flavors available, I eagerly grabbed Grape & had huge expectations for it. I'll put it this way, I looked forward to mixing this up after every training session. The taste was damn near perfect, not strong enough to push you away but that perfect flavor profile that I actually missed when it was all gone.

Mixability: My prior experiences with creatine products made me watch carefully when drinking Tango, as creatine has a reputation for not mixing too well, and some of the products I've tried have been absolute hell to mix. Tango exceeded my expectations, only settling at the bottom when I let the bottle sit for too long, which was very rare. It's very smooth, never dealing with a mouthful of powder or the feeling of "pebbles" in my teeth after each sip (which is more common than I ever thought), and never felt the need to re-fill the shaker bottle to clear out the rest of the powder.

Dosing: This was the only real struggle I had over the forty-some days I was using the product. According to the label, maximum effectiveness is at two scoops per day. At that rate, you're only looking at 15 days worth of product. I decided to start off with a single scoop post-workout and in the morning on non-training days, and after a week and a half, jumped up to two scoops per day. I noticed a huge difference in the way I felt after bumping this up to two scoops, but I won't debunk using a single scoop instead of two. Using a single scoop you're going to get the full 30 days out of the product and still reap major benefits at that dosing.

As I had mentioned before, I used a single scoop of Tango on non-training days and post-workout for the first week and a half. That first week, I noticed some small changes in recovery time but that could also be from my BCAA product or diet. It wasn't until I bumped up to the recommended two scoops per day that the big changes kicked in. My recovery time felt nearly cut in half, and halfway through I even cut out my BCAA's to try and simplify final conclusion, and my recovery remained just as great as it was before. In the gym, my muscular pump & endurance shot up tremendously, I noticed full pumps within just a few warm-up sets and this was even on days I didn't take a pre-workout. The entire duration I used the product, every workout just felt so great, and as somebody who loves achieving the most ridiculous pump possible, this did the job for me!

Outside of the gym, I noticed huge improvements in muscle fullness & hardness every single day. I noticed more size in my shoulders and arms the most, and my shirt sleeves felt a tad tighter passing the 2-3 week mark of consistently using Tango. I always noticed a general change while on creatine, but something about this just felt so much better. I felt like I always had a decent pump, and glancing in my reflections while out shopping became more of an enjoyment rather than a fear of mine. Of course, there's a lot of factors for me noticing these changes, but for the last week off of the product, I've noticed a very slight decrease in the changes I noticed most. Just the feeling I had everyday from being on Tango is worth the price alone & I already miss it.

Tango has a price range from $24-$35, the higher price seeming to be the average at retail stores. At single dosing, the thirty servings are worth the slightly over $1 per serving asking price, and doubling up on that I don't mind paying the $24 lowest asking price I found. You can snag a good creatine monohydrate powder for much less than this but if you've never used a creatine blend before or just really want a high end product, I'd pay anything within the general range. No complaints there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Tango is killer, as I move on to my next creatine product, I can't help but think about the giant shoes it has to fill. It's worth trying for much more than just the killer pumps you get in the gym, but the recovery time increase and the fullness you get outside of the gym, as it just feels so damn good. There's no proprietary blends, no extra junk or fluff, and the taste is awesome. Try taking this and not looking forward to drinking it after a hard training session, you look forward to it! In my opinion, another killer addition to Redcon1's already awesome line-up of products & an absolute stand out product on the shelves at your local retailer. It's time for companies to step up their game & get on Tango's level.

August 16, 2018

• Energy Hits You FAST
      • Improved Mood
      • No Crash
      • Amazing Flavors
      • Some Of The Ingredients Are Dosed Too Low To Be Effective

Energy drinks are the new craze, once only ruled by the handful of energy juggernauts who take up that entire freezer at your local corner store, now being combated by supplement companies looking to get their products in the hand of those who otherwise would never look twice. I became excited at the announcement of ProSupps entering the market with Power Potion, marketing it directly as an energy drink rather than a RTD pre-workout.

I became less excited at the thought of them signing DJ Khaled as an "athlete", but I digress.

Power Potion holds nothing back, packi...

Power Potion holds nothing back, packing in 50mg more caffeine than the infamous Bang & a much bigger punch than any energy drink I've ever had before. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this stuff is the energy equivalent of a punch to the face, and surprisingly, with zero crash (for me at least). I can't even begin to think of how many times I've leaned on Power Potion to get me through a double shift at work, or a long day out cutting & taking care of my lawn that nobody even sees, this stuff always delivered an intense amount of clean energy to make sure what got done, got done.

Though more than just caffeine, Power Potion packs a lot into a single can but it's all crammed into an "Other Ingredients" list so let's try our best to break that down.

There's a decent amount of stuff stuffed in a can of Power Potion, the biggest kicker being the 350mg of caffeine. For perspective, a ton of people find Bang Energy to be to strong for them, and ProSupps jammed 50mg more than Bang into the Potion. Though weaker than the Hyde Pre-Workout, a lot of pre-workout companies won't touch more than 300mg of caffeine, let alone push 350mg into an energy drink. Similar to Bang also, we get our three BCAA's thrown into the mix at an undisclosed amount. While it's a nice touch, there's probably the bare minimum in here and at that amount it's almost useless. They could ditch the BCAA's & the product wouldn't change a bit, and that makes me even more curious about the CoQ-10, Taurine, and Citrulline dosages in here considering they're just tossed into this list of "other ingredients" at the bottom of the label. There's a lot to like here, and the fact that it's all undisclosed in a random ingredient profile doesn't really bother me too much. I'm not looking for anything more than an energy kick here and it seems like a lot of this stuff was just tossed in for good measure and just so they can say it's there. The L-Carnitine amount probably isn't enough to have a lasting effect since you're probably not drinking one of these consistently day after day, and the only thing I can see actually working in here is the CDP Choline since there is a noticeable boost in focus after drinking one.

To be real though, what are we looking for when we grab an energy drink off the shelf? Energy and focus, which is delivered just fine even after trying to sort out the messy ingredient profile.

Taste/Dosing

Power Potion is currently available in five flavors: Winter Blast, Island Punch, Cherry Cola, Pineapple Cooler & Purple Mist. The store I bought these at were nice enough to allow me to make a variety pack seeing as I needed to try every flavor I possibly could at my cheapest option. The taste was a bit of a surprise to me, they're not extremely sweet or up front, but instead have a smooth & enjoyable flavor profile. These were super easy to pick up & drink at anytime, and all flavors were as enjoyable as the others. It was a little bit of a challenge to open up the fridge and make a decision day after day but no matter which I grabbed, I enjoyed it fully. Just as a little side note, don't let these get warm. The flavor is great until they sit in the cup holder a little to long and only than does chugging become the only option.

I probably wouldn't recommend someone to drink more than one of these a day, or even consume any other caffeinated products within the same day as a Power Potion. I saved these for off days from the gym, when I was working a 14 hour shift or just an afternoon pick me up on the way to the beach. About 3/4 of my way through the package, I was forced to take 2 weeks off from consuming caffeine, and downing one of these on my first day allowed back on it was a life changing experience, so save these for those active rest days from training!

I typically don't call myself a fan of energy drinks, nor find myself drinking these for much longer in my life, but Power Potion is such a good pick me up I found myself looking forward to grabbing one. The energy hits fast, most of the time I found myself speeding up about halfway through on average, and the biggest hit came about 15 minutes after finishing the can. I'd be practically dragging my feet and maybe it's placebo, but I felt an almost instant turn around in mental focus and physical energy, which really allowed me to finish off manual labor on a real high note. I only live about a half an hour from the nearest beach, and those days in the sun physically kill me, but Power Potion kept me kicking even through happy hour at the beach bar.

The biggest downfall that always comes with these heavy stimulant drinks, is the crash. I was ready to experience the worst crash of my life the first few days I was drinking Power Potion, and it never happened. The energy wore off really smooth and never left me needing a nap or ready for bed before sundown. It also never kept me awake to long, as I'd drink one pretty late in the day and still manage to fall asleep without the jitters at a very reasonable time. Maybe it's my adrenal glands being shot? Who knows, but it was a huge benefit to me.

A pack of 15 cans of Hyde Power Potion will run you anywhere from $30 to $35, breaking that down to an extremely reasonable $2.33 a can. If bought single, the price at my local Vitamin Shoppe is $2.99, and if you love one flavor enough it's a nice bargain to grab the case. For the amount of caffeine you're getting and the effectiveness, $3 isn't bad at all considering it's only about $.30 more than their competitors average price. At both the case and single price, I have zero complaints about cost here.

Side Effects

No Side Effects.

Conclusion

Power Potion was a huge surprise to me, and I'm ecstatic seeing a company like ProSupps making this kind of impact in the energy drink department. With two more flavors announced recently, and an overall positive response from everybody trying them, it seems like Power Potion could be a contender for best new carbonated energy drink here in 2018. With many more companies reaching their hands into the energy drink category, products like Power Potion are going to make it extremely difficult for someone to come in swinging as hard as ProSupps has. You just can't beat the kick this stuff gives you, and the flavor makes these extremely easy to enjoy. If you're a fan of the Hyde Pre-Workout, definitely make it a priority to try Power Potion soon, you won't regret it.

August 7, 2018

• Improves Pumps
      • Proprietary Blends

When I began my journey as a powerlifter, I did nothing but follow in the footsteps of my friends & of course, my idols. We all want to be as hardcore as we can, and there was nothing more hardcore than the Animal line by the kings over at Universal Nutrition. One of my first pre-workouts was the iconic Rage XL, and I've used nothing but the Animal Pak multi for nearing ten years. I recently decided to re-visit my past & found a little two facing of Animal's Juiced Aminos at my local Vitamin Shoppe. As a huge advocate for the use of BCAA's, I completely forgot how much was packed into a single scoop of this stuff, and when I went back to purchase my second bottle only three weeks later, I realized it was one of the few BCAA products I've ever purchased back to back. Sure, it's extremely tough to ignore the two giant proprietary blends that makes up Juiced Aminos, but I just felt so damn good using this stuff it was easy to not let it get too in the way when it came down to reviewing it.

How juiced up is Juiced Aminos? Let's dig deeper.

Juiced Aminos is broken up into two proprietary blends, 'Anabolic BCAA & EAA Matrix' and 'Juiced AA Performance Blend'. It's a tad bit confusing as to why the prop-blend route felt proper here, especially since it'd be super easy to break each of these ingredients down to a simple dosing, but we got them.

"Anabolic BCAA & EAA Matrix" (6g)

Instant BCAA Blend (Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine): Our three heavy hitters are for sure topping off this prop-blend, and we all know just how crucial our three aminos are. They aid remarkably in recovery as well as protein synthesis, and getting a proper dosing of these three intra-workout have proven to increase the amount of protein absorbed by the body when you hit that post-workout meal. Of course, the recommended 15-20g of BCAA's per day involves a little more than a scoop while training, but who likes drinking a gallon of plain water? Flavor it up!

EAA's: Juiced Aminos also contains six essential amino acids, simply meaning the body cannot produce it, and the combination of all these EAA's with the BCAA's make for even better recovery than just the branched chains alone. Of course, there's some speculation about how beneficial EAA's actually are. I dug into this a little deeper before writing this and while they are proven to enhance recovery, it's simply curiosity about if you need them. Since they're popularity is on the rise here in 2018, and companies are charging more for their products containing them, more studies have been published proving their use, so I say if you can get them, it can't hurt!

"Juiced AA Performance Blend" (4g)

L-Taurine: Kicking off this blend is L-Taurine, a naturally occurring acid that aids in muscle fatigue as well as well as enhanced muscle functioning, w which is just a fancy way of saying that it's a nitric oxide booster. We all love more blood flow & topping this blend off with Taurine is a good sign, especially considering it's recommended dose of 1-2g.

Citrulline Malate: Quickly becoming one of the most popular nitric oxide boosters in the market, and the one I've found the most personal success with, it's an awesome addition to the product. Citrulline Malate increases blood flow to the muscle, allowing for increased pumps & to help fight off a little of that muscle fatigue.

L-Glutamine: Often referred to as the supplement kind of recovery, L-Glutamine is another amino acid that aids in recovery. It's strange to see it tossed in here this low into the performance blend considering it's benefits are researched to be in far greater amounts than what's seen here, but with how well this product actually aids in that recovery, it must be adding a helpful hand in somewhere!

Agmapure (Agmatine Sulfate): Agmatine Sulfate is a wonderful addition to this blend, being proven to help heavily with blood flow, as well assist in energy levels. Outside of that though, it's also shown to act as something of a nootropic, aiding with mental clarity and mental health. Something all of us could probably use some more of, especially when being in the gym is your second job.

Glycocarn (Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCL: A big set of words, I know. Glycocarn is essentially a combination of Glycine & L-Carnitine, both together helping heavily with increased pumps, intra-workout energy and fat burning, and on top of all that is actually seen to be slow releasing, meaning the delayed effects could be beneficial to you during long training sessions.

Arginocarn: A combination is another chemical combination of Arginine & L-Carnitine, and while it still aids benefits to muscle pump, it's mainly shown to help with brain & mental health, one study practically calling it the "cure to poor mind muscle connection".

Sustamine: One last chemical combination ingredient, this time with L-Alanine & L-Glutamine. Both of these being vitally involved in the production and storage of glucose, but also playing a huge affect in hydration.

Whew, a lot going on there. Proprietary blends always seem to be a companies "easy way out", or some stubborn way to hide their dosing so another company can't copy. Either way, they're lame, but Juiced Amino's has a ton going on here and all of it having major affects on muscle pump, mental clarity & the most important one, recovery.

Taste/Mixability/

Taste: I'm always a sucker for Grape, and I have to say this has got to be in my top ten list of favorite tasting amino products. The grape is spot on, though a little bitter when mixed with less than recommended water, I always loved sipping on this during my workouts. I would actually crave it at some weird times in the day when I wasn't carrying around my gallon jug, but zero complaints coming from me as far as taste goes.

Mixability: I always find myself lenient when it comes to the mixability of BCAA's, as they really shouldn't blend up absolutely perfect. Juiced Amino's gets pretty darn close though, but don't be shocked when you feel a big of the roughness with each sip. You can clearly see the floaties in there and feel them, but it never bothered me or was enough to force me to re-shake them. Never once did I find any left behind in the shaker bottle or the glass I used from time to time.

This is where Juiced Amino's really stood out to me, you could almost literally feel it working. I was struggling with recovering during this push/pull/legs split I was utilizing while taking these, and it almost felt like an instant improvement within days of using the product. I started off with a single scoop intra-workout, and this seemed to almost carry the benefits of my pre-workout once they died off & as I continued sipping on them. After a few days of testing the waters, I increased to two scoops in my gallon, and another scoop tossed into my shaker bottle for during training. I still had my sore days but it seemed like my recovery time was nearly cut in half after drinking this stuff consistently, making my life much less painful and still allow me the ability to train as hard as possible when I have to.

I saw most of the performance blend benefits as soon as I started sipping on Juiced Amino's during the day, downing two scoops of it before I even got to the gym. A few times I used it without any pre-workout, there were noticeable increases in my muscle pump & endurance, and I made a few big leaps in number of reps during my run of Juiced Amino's. Can I say it was because of them? Probably not, but it's crucial for the body to be able to handle consistent heavy training sessions day after day, and I'm confident in myself saying that Juiced Amino's played a huge role in my ability to survive the last nearly 6 weeks of training in that style.

I don't mind paying for quality, and I payed $29.99 for a 30-serving tub over at Vitamin Shoppe. During my online research, I found them for the cheapest price of $17.99 through AllStarHealth, and an equally good $19.99 from Amazon. Am I now a little upset I payed $10 more than I had to? Sure, but it was still worth every penny and scoring this for under $1 per serving makes it a no brainer.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you told me I could only take a pre-workout or a BCAA supplement for the rest of my lifting career, without hesitation would I side with BCAA's. The older I get the more I appreciate a supplements ability to make my life a little less sore, and when you toss in some pump ingredients with a sprinkle of nootropic, I'm sold. Juiced Amino's might just be my favorite intra-workout product on the market, but there's been plenty of other great ones had I spent more time with, might just be better. If Universal decided to wipeout these proprietary blends & release a few more flavor options, I'd probably run out and buy more as soon as I'm finished typing this up. Team this up with that new Fury Pre-Workout though and be ready to almost literally become an animal.

Overall
      Thanks to BPI Sports for sending it out!
        August 3, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Amazing Pumps
      • Good Flavor
      • Smooth Lasting Energy
      • A Few Mixing Issues
      • Prop Blend

One More Rep is another impressive entry by BPI Sports, delivering long-lasting clean energy, great pumps, and focus.

I just want to kick this off with a huge thank you to BPI Sports & SR's Trooper Program for sending me this container of One More Rep!

I've tried them all ladies & gentleman, from the highest stimulant pre-workouts to entry level grade stuff, and have had a ton of amazing experiences with products from all ranges. Of course I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for those hardcore stimmed out pre's, but the more I learn myself as a bodybuilder & a person, the more I find myself looking for something that checks off on everything I'm looking for. 2018 is shaping up to be a huge year for the legendary BPI & One More Rep is proof that the games are over. Making major improvements over their original 1.M.R., One More Rep is one of the most consistent pre-workouts I've had in recent memory, always delivering enough energy to get me through the most grueling of training sessions and helping me dial in after those stressful days you always find hard to get off of your mind. I was insanely impressed by how much I liked this product, and though it has it's few flaws like almost every product does, day after day I could always count on it.

What exactly makes One More Rep so good? Let's dig deeper.

BPI's One More Rep split's it's 10 ingredients in half, 5 being fully transparent & the other half unfortunately is packed into a 454mg Energy Proprietary Blend. Kicking off the first half is a 3g serving of Citrulline Malate, which the body converts into L-Arginine. Seen as the latest "king of the pump", this amino acid is also shown to help with muscle recovery & endurance, but it's only dosed at half the recommended dosing. We typically see this around the 6g mark, but it does it's job well here. Following that is a 1g serving of L-Carnitine Tartrate, which helps convert fatty cells into energy & it's also sure to make you sweat.

One of the biggest new ingredients BPI crammed into One More Rep is Beetroot, which is very quickly becoming a huge deal in the industry. Beetroot is a natural root which increases nitric oxide productions by relaxing the blood vessels, thus allowing for more bloodflow to the muscle. I've used a few products which tossed Beetroot into the mix, and at the 500mg dosing here in One More Rep, it makes a difference. Next up we have TMG (as betaine anyhydrous) and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, which boosts Glutathione levels working as a "master Antioxidant" & can increase muscular endurance.

This is where the ingredient label loses me though, as BPI uses an energy proprietary blend totaling up to 454mg. Hiding in this blend is caffeine anhydrous, but when you read the "caffeine warning" to the right of the label, it says the product contains about the caffeine level of three cups of coffee. I just assume there's anywhere from 250-300mg, with my prediction leading more towards 250mg. Also hiding in here is Theobromine, an alternative energy source to caffeine which raises our stimulant level a bit. Phosphatidylcholine, Himalayan Pink Salt & Yohimbine round off our proprietary blend, the Himalayan Salt increasing hydration benefits and Yohimbine, which is always a heated topic in the fitness community, helps blood flow & muscular endurance. While we have a great overall ingredient label going on here, proprietary blends are always a huge downfall & I can never understand the purpose of them. Oh well.

Taste/Mixability

I have to admit, as somebody who has used Beetroot as a daily supplement in my morning shake, the addition to it here made me very worried about the taste. I was fortunate enough to be sent the Fruit Punch flavor, which has a surprisingly good flavor. The Beetroot is very apparent though, especially once you get a whiff of this stuff after opening it. Not to say Beets taste bad, but they're there in both taste and smell, very noticeably. Props to BPI though for finding a way to mix the flavor in well & use it to make a very easy to drink product. Mixability was one of the main issues I had here, I noticed a majority of the time a good amount of left over powder after drinking it. I would have to throw a tad more water into the bottle and give it a little shake to get the rest down. I was always sure to use the recommended 6-8oz of water, and consistently had a mixing issue. It's not as bad as it could be, and never did I have to swallow half a scoops worth of powder that didn't blend, but it was a little bit of a hold up to have to head back to the water fountain to finish it all off.

Luckily, I received One More Rep right at the beginning of my "cutting" prep. I was restricting my calorie intake & upping the cardio, just ready to unleash my miserable side. It's times like there when the pre-workout really shows it's true colors, and I was insanely surprised by how great this worked. The energy moves in very clean, I never experienced any jitters or early kicks causing me to rush my stretches or locker room YouTube hype video moments, instead it seemed to work as I did. Moving through my warm up sets I could feel my energy levels begin to rise, and it almost perfectly lined up with that first batch of working sets. It holds on for a good amount of time too, I usually found it wearing off about the 70-90 minute mark, but it made going home to my post-workout meal easy and without looking like a mad man either.

My training philosophy is simple, push as much blood & nutrients as I can into my muscles. One More Rep enhanced my ability to do that, as it allowed me to achieve those skin tearing pumps very quickly. I bounced off of this occasionally to use a pump product I was testing out, and it surprised me to see that my stimulant based pre-workout gave me better pumps than my non-stim. The pumps lasted the entire duration of the workout & made me feel really good walking out of the gym & for the rest of the day. I hope you're ready to sweat too, cause as soon as you pass the twenty minute mark after drinking One More Rep, you're damn near drenched. Some of the sweatiest workout's I've been through in my life have been with this product and I loved every second of it. I know sweat doesn't equal hard work but walking out of the gym ready to ring out your shirt and hoodie you warmed up in is a heck of a feeling.

Now, one major issue I did experience with One More Rep is occasional nausea, but I think that's more my bodies response to Yohimbine. The biggest issue with BPI's old 1.M.R. was the constant sick feeling I would get after taking it, and that's not the case with One More Rep, except when I took it on a near empty stomach. I try to test all of my products in every possible situation, and both times I took One More Rep with barely any food in me, I found myself fighting off this urge to get sick. Of course, every person is going to have a different experience but it's worth mentioning that it happened and the circumstance at which it did.

One More Rep has an average price range of about $29.99, which both Muscle & Strength and Vitamin Shoppe have it listed for. I found it for $24.99 through IllPumpYouUp, but you're paying a little over $1 a serving on average since the product comes with 25 servings. For $30, One More Rep is worth every penny. Since most pre-workouts tend to hover around that price range and some cost even more for not even a fraction of what BPI is giving you here, I have zero gripes with this price range.

Side Effects

As mentioned earlier, I noticed a little bit of nausea when using the product on a near empty stomach. Not sure why, but I think it's my bodies reaction to Yohimbine based on experiences with other products containing it. Other than that, I got nothing else.

Conclusion

Boy, did BPI get it right. My hopes weren't all that low to begin with, but this knocked almost every expectation I had near out of the park. You can't expect insane energy out of this that will have you throwing 45lb plates around your gym, but it's the perfect amount that allows you to focus in & kill those training sessions. I have an issue with the Energy Proprietary blend but that doesn't stop me from saying that One More Rep is a redemption product from BPI in the pre-workout category, and a huge contender for best new pre-workout product so far in 2018.

A big thank you again to BPI & SR Trooper Program for giving me this opportunity!