TNT-JS

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+33)
  • Member was only active for 1 month, and was last online 3 years ago
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by TNT-JS

July 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Pumps
  • Reduces Fatigue And Tiredness
  • Extreme Vascularity
  • All Day Vascularity
  • Price

I just finished my fifth bottle of NO2 Black, and I am very pleased with the results that I received. No2 Black is a nitric oxide supplement which claims to increase blood flow, vascularity, and muscle pumps, and it does just that.

The main ingredient in this supplement is Arginine alpha-Ketoglutarate (A-AKG) - 3,000mg. This ingredient is your main source for the vascular dilation and the pump that you will significantly gain. There is also a proprietary blend of Alpha-Lipoic Acid (thioctic acid) and Actinos CFM Nitro - 150mg. The Alpha-Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant designed to boost your insulin sensitivity and nutrient uptake, and Actinos is a whey peptide fraction that up-regulates nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and increases your nitric oxide levels.

The supplement comes in caplet form, so it is easy to take if you are able to swallow pretty large pills. The bottle comes with a dosing chart for men and women to use based on their body weight. The chart states that men up to 200lbs should take 8 caplets daily - 4 caplets 30 min before breakfast and 4 again 30 min before lunch. Men over 200 lbs. should take 10 caplets daily - 5 caplets 30 min before breakfast and 5 again 30 min before lunch. Being under 200 lbs., I followed the 8 caplet instructions. After my second bottle, I began to experiment with when I took it to see if it would have different results. I found that taking the second dose 30 min before my workout gave me extreme pumps. It is very important to drink water with this supplement for both optimal results as well as for overall health.

I personally think that the effectiveness of the product is great. It gives me insane pumps and vascularity. It also increases my stamina in the gym. While taking it, I instantly notice better pumps within a few reps. My biceps and triceps get insanely swollen. On back days, each individual back muscle seems to really pop. After completing my first two bottles, I experimented with stacking it with a pre-workout versus not stacking it. I found that I didn't need the pre-workout, and NO2 Black did the job on its own. Alpha lipoic acid assists with energy production, so I am sure this is what helps you to sustain energy without the pre-workout. When I take breaks from taking it, I can always tell a difference.

The main complaint that I see or hear about NO2 Black from others, is the price. I'll admit, when I first bought the product, I spent probably close to $50 for one bottle at GNC - this is a bit insane because the bottle lasts a little less than a month. However, I did some research and found that you can get it extremely cheaper from other places - about $30. For those that think that this is still a little pricey, by eliminating that pre-workout cost (which is about the same for the good ones), you can get your hands on NO2 Black with the same energy and better pumps.

Side Effects

I have never had any negative side effects. It is important, however, to remember to drink plenty of water with this supplement because it can make you dehydrated.

Conclusion

I think that NO2 Black is an excellent product that is worth a try. I have taken other arginine products to compare to NO2 Black, and none of them even come close to giving me the same results. I would recommend this to anyone interested in trying a nitric oxide product.

June 24, 2016

• Increased Recovery

Having an exercise physiology background has prompted me to review what I believe to be one of the most important supplements to take if you are serious about fitness: BCAAs. Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are the essential amino acids needed to repair your muscles after an intense training session. The BodyTech BCAA powder was my go-to brand when I was first starting out and got smacked with that overwhelming feeling of anxiety when I walked into the supplement store and saw all of the options.

Like many of the other available brands on...

Like many of the other available brands on the market, BodyTech's BCAA powder has three amino acids in the product: L-Leucine (2.5g), L-Isoleucine (1.25g), and L-Valine (1.25g). All three are coming in free form which means that they do not need to be digested (like food proteins) and are ready to quickly be absorbed by your muscles. Other ingredients include lecithin and soy.

One of the main downfalls of this product is the taste. It is so bitter and really changes the taste to your shake. One of the main reasons I purchased the product was the convenience of the powder and the fact that it was unflavored. The idea was to add it to my pre-workout drink and my post-workout protein shake which eliminated the need to drink a separate drink just for the BCAAs (you wouldn't want to add blue raspberry or orange tangerine BCAA powder to a chocolate protein shake...unless you are into that kind of thing). The taste, however, almost makes me wish it was flavored.

The product does mix well. I have never had trouble with clumping or the product settling to the bottom of the shake (if mixing with a shaker bottle). A serving size is 1 scoop (5.1g). The suggested directions are to mix 1 scoop with 6-8 oz. of water or your favorite beverage. They recommend using the product before and after training and consume daily (I always followed the directions). I always mixed it with my shake, so it may actually be easier to get past the taste if you down the product quick with 6oz of water.

Overall, I wasn't disappointed with the product. I tried the BodyTech brand when I was first starting to experiment with supplements, and I felt that it fueled my muscles and prevented breakdown like it claimed to do. I was not using any pre-workout supplements or stimulants, and I still felt like my muscles were firing properly without struggling to get through that last rep. On my heavy chest or leg days, I wouldn't feel completely awful the next day. It wasn't until I decided to try alternative BCAA supplements that I discovered there are better ones out on the market (which I plan to review as well). I actually stopped taking the BodyTech brand in the middle of a container and switched to another brand. I recently decided to try a couple scoops again after switching products, and I did not get the same boost I was hoping for.

The price of this product makes it seem like it is a great deal; however, you do get what you pay for. You get a pretty large container for half the cost of most other brands. The last container I purchased was 11.8oz and well under $20. I think this value is great for individuals who are just starting out and want to get their foot in the door with supplements.

Side Effects

I did not have any side effects with this product (except for the occasional gagging from the terrible taste).

Conclusion

Overall, the product is an okay buy. If you are looking for a cheap, unflavored BCAA powder supplement, this is one of the few I would recommend especially for new fitness fanatics. It has the same 2:1:1 ratio as compared to most of the other products and gives you a great amount for your money. If you can get past the taste, these powdered BCAAs are very useful for fast absorption for individuals starting high intensity resistance training.

June 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Good Recovery
  • Makes Great Shakes
  • Lasted Long Enough
  • Vanilla Icecream

I am a exercise physiologist with a B.S. in Exercise and Sport Science. I discovered SR through the Stack3d Online Expo. I currently train to improve my physique, so I rely heavily on reviews of others as well as research to back my training and nutrition. I have a wide range of knowledge and experience working with supplements and trying new products, so I have decided to start reviewing the products I try as they are incorporated into my fitness plan.

Gold Standard 100% Whey has a protein blend of whey protein isolates, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides with 1 scoop serving 24g total protein. 1 scoop also offers 120 calories, 1g of fat (0.5 saturated), and a sodium count of 130mg. The total amount of sugar is only 1g per scoop which makes it an optimal supplement for anytime consumption especially for individuals with strict nutritional goals related to their carbohydrate intake. It also offers 5.5g of BCAAs and 4g of glutamine, which is especially beneficial for individuals just starting their fitness journeys who have not discovered the benefit of amino acids and anticatabolic/recovery supplements yet.

I personally use the vanilla ice cream flavor. It tastes great and can be mixed with other food options such as oatmeal and Greek yogurt without overpowering the flavor of your food or being chunky. With 10oz of milk or water, the powder mixes very well with no clumps or chalky substance left after mixing. I occasionally mix a scoop with 6oz if I need quick protein intake with a meal; it even mixes well then with just a little more thickness. The method of mixing does not change the outcome of the product (shaker bottle, spoon stirred, or blended in a blender). All methods work great; using a shaker bottle does not require aggressive shaking and spoon stirring does not take more than 15 seconds.

I have been using the Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein for about 6 months now, and it has definitely exceeded my expectations. I rotate through bulking and cutting phases, so nutrition is very important to me. I use the product for both my post workout shake and as a meal additive to lower the rate of absorption of carbohydrates throughout the day. Since starting the use of this product, I have gained 7lbs. of muscle and my body fat percentage has not changed. My exercise regimen includes cardio 3 to 4 days a week at moderate to high intensity and strength training 4 to 5 days a week rotating muscle groups. Compared to the previous brands of protein I was using (all with a higher sugar count per serving), I have seen faster gain results for my personal fitness goals. I started training to improve my physique 3 years ago but have been actively exercising for 6+ years. Right now my fitness goal is to put on 5lbs of lean, fat-free muscle over the next 2 1/2-3 months.

Due to my personal higher consumption of protein, I purchase the 10lb. bag for the best value. A 2lb jug of protein usually only lasts me about two weeks, so purchasing the larger bag saves me between $30 and $40 depending on where I am purchasing from. I think the results you see from the product make it worth the extra money you are spending compared to the other products on the shelf. The sugar count alone makes it worth every penny. I have purchased a lot of protein products since I began my fitness journey, and I have found that it is uncommon to find a protein product where the first ingredient isn't sugar. Being filled with whey protein isolates is also worth the price since these are considered the purest form of whey protein.

Side Effects

I personally have not had any negative side effects with the product. It does not cause me to become bloated or have any cramping.

Conclusion

I highly recommend Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein to anyone interested in adding a protein supplement to their diet. Whether you are new to purchasing a protein product or looking to switch to a new product, the Optimum brand really lives up to its name. Being a fitness and health enthusiast, I plan to review other products including other protein supplements and mass gainers, BCAAs, glutamine, creatine, nitric oxide supplements, L-arginine, and the various pre-workouts available.