TKCofRedLine

Reviews by TKCofRedLine

9.1
  December 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Amazing Taste
  • Keeps You Full
  • Prime Ingredients
  • Great Recovery
  • Has Real Marshmallows
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Big thanks to VMI Sports and SRTroops for putting another awesome product in my hands. I've been curious about trying Major Mass for some time now, and jumped at the opportunity to try it. I've had excellent results with VMI products in the past, and I'm happy to say this product lived up to expectations.

I had been on a Keto diet throughout the vast majority of 2018. As the end of the year, and the holiday season, drew closer, I decided it would be a good time to cycle off of my diet and spend some time bulking. Since I wanted to regain as much of the mass I had lost as possible before starting to cut again, I figured it would be an excellent opportunity to test out Major Mass and see if it lived up to the name.

Protein: 20g

Whey Concentrate
Whey Isolate
Milk Isolate

Carbs: 30g

Maltodextrine
Carb 10 (Derived from from peas)
Dextrose

Fats: 5g

MCT Oil
Avocado Oil
Coconut Oil

Taste - 10/10
Easily the best tasting supplement I have ever had. I requested and received the marshmallow charms flavor and it is incredible. A smooth, creamy cereal milk flavor combined with sweet marshmallow pieces. I could drink this stuff multiple times daily and probably never tire of it.

Mixability
No issues with mixability. Powder broke down fine in either milk or water. The only thing worth noting is the marshmallows get stuck in blender balls, and you have to remove the screen in shakers that use them if you want to drink it with the marshmallows.

2 scoops in 12oz of milk seemed to be the best dosage for me. I did use the 4 scoop dosage on days where I knew I may only get one meal in. On those days the shake kept me nice and full until dinner time.

So, the most important part of any review, did this work?

It exceeded expectations. Not only was it an effective meal replacement, keeping me satiated without ever feeling bloated or overly full, but it also aided in post workout recovery. I was less sore after my typical 2 hour workouts while using this product. On top of that, I really did see major gains of mass. I was able to gain lean mass throughout the use of this product, and only a small portion of increased bodyfat, likely due to my diet change (increased carbs) more than this product.

Around $50 for the tub, which is not a bad price considering how effective it is. It also seems to be on the lower price range of most weight gainers.

Side Effects

No negative side effects were experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

VMI Sports has killed it with this product. Major Mass is both delicious and effective. I only wish I could justify bulking year round in order to make this a part of my daily stack.

6.6
  December 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Full Label Disclosure
  • Increased Power
  • Does Its Job
  • Needs Higher Overall Creatine Dosage
  • Horrible Taste

Let's get this out of the way now. Creatine is the most researched and proven workout supplement on the market. Creatine monohydrate is the gold standard when it comes to creatine supplementation. Simple. Cheap. Effective. With that said, however, supplement companies are always looking for an opportunity to improve products and take an edge over the competition. In this case, blended creatines are designed with the intention of improving absorption, reducing side effects, and increasing effectiveness. VMI has put together a valiant effort with S.M.A.R.T. Creatine.

-...

Creatine Citrate - 1.2g
Creatine bonded to a citrate molecule. Creatine citrate has been shown to be more water soluble, however scientific studies have not proven that the increased solubility leads to more effective absorption. Rather, it seems the inclusion of creatine citrate is more effective at improving mixability of the powder while still delivering a dosage of creatine.

Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Magnapower) - 1.2g
Creatine bonded to magnesium. Magnapower is believed to be as effective as creatine monohydrate without the bloating and water retention commonly associated with monohydrate. The inclusion of magnesium is also believed to assist in metabolizing the creatine, which may increase effectiveness, however scientific results have not shown any significant increases at this time.

Creatine Pyruvate - 1.2g
Creatine bonded to pyruvic acid molecules. Studies have shown that creatine pyruvate may elevate creatine levels within plasma. This has not been proven to have a significant effect on absorption. Scientific studies thus far have not shown any significant advantages over creatine monohydrate.

Overall, this product is dosed at 3.6g of creatine, somewhat below the recommended maintenance dosage of 5g. Some studies suggest that 3g is a sufficient maintenance dose, however I prefer to follow the tried and true 5g recommendation.

Taste:
Unfortunately, flavorless does not mean tasteless. I had hoped to receive one of the flavored versions, as most reviewers seemed happy with them, however I was sent the unflavored version. No big deal, beggars cant be choosers, and VMI is always as accommodating as they can be. This stuff was harsh though. Very strong chemical flavor when mixed only with water. Mixing it with my preworkout or BCAAs helped, but the taste was still present. While the unflavored version may not have the dyes that others have complained about with the flavored versions, if you are picky about taste, you may want to avoid this one.

Mixability:
Mixability was about on par with what I've come to expect from creatine. If there was any improvement due to the creatine citrate, it wasn't significant enough for me to notice.

Dosing:
1 scoop daily. No loading phase. I typically mixed it with my preworkout and drank it upon arriving at the gym.

So, does it work?

Throughout my run of this product, I found it to be about as effective as plain old creatine monohydrate. After about a week of taking this product consistently, I began to notice some strength gains, as well as that familiar fullness in my muscles. I also found myself able to push more weight for more reps, with more energy throughout my workouts as well. Though I was unable to accurately determine if I had gained any lean muscle, I can confidently say that I had increased strength wise.

After finishing the product, I eliminated creatine from my stack in order to compare the results of my cycle on the product with my cycle off of the product. The first two weeks did not show any significant decline in strength or overall endurance, however I did feel the fullness in my muscles had faded by that time. Unfortunately, I suffered a non gym related injury to my right shoulder around that time and was unable to workout for a few weeks. Therefore I was unable to how long my body had retained the effects of the supplement.

This is where this product takes the biggest hit. I was generally able to find the product between $20 to $30 from online retailers. While you can sometimes catch it on sale for cheaper, that seems to be the going rate. While I believe that is fair for a blended creatine with high quality ingredients, the fact that it does not seem to be any more effective than plain creatine monohydrate gives me pause. If the amount of creatine per serving was higher, or if the product was significantly more effective, I would have no issues paying that price. But as it is, I feel it is more prudent to just purchase creatine monohydrate.

Side Effects

No adverse side effects were experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

In conclusion, VMI Sport's S.M.A.R.T. Creatine does exactly what a creatine supplement is supposed to. Nothing more, nothing less. It would be SMARTER and more prudent to just purchase the cheaper creatine monohydrate and achieve the same results. So why do I recommend this product then? For the simple fact that there is nothing wrong with the product if it is judged on its own as opposed to comparing it to monohydrate. Also, because some people do suffer from water retention and bloating when taking just monohydrate, and this product may be able to provide the same results without the side effects. While I am satisfied with the product, I will not likely purchase it myself unless I can find it on sale.

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  September 19, 2018

• Keeps You Full
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Foams Up

Quick thank you to SR Troops and TBN labs for allowing me to review this product. I'm always on the lookout for great protein supplements, and I was interested in this product because of TBN's reputation for quality ingredients and products.

115 Calories
1.5g of Fat
5g of Carbs
22g of Protein

115 Calories
1.5g of Fat
5g of Carbs
22g of Protein

Total Body Protein contains an excellent blend of whey, casein, and egg proteins with very little fillers and additives. The protein ingredients are a part of what TBN refer to as their "grass fed whey matrix". It is generally accepted that grass fed cows produce beef and milk that are higher in nutrients. Kudos to TBN for going the extra step and trying to include a higher quality of ingredients in their product.

Taste: 6/10
I requested and received the Graham Cracker flavor. Personally, I've consumed enough chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavored protein powders to last me a lifetime. Now I prefer to experiment with more exotic and unique flavors. The graham cracker flavor was part of the reason I wanted to try this product, however, it failed to reach my expectations. That's not to say that the taste was bad; it just wasn't as strong as I would have liked. The flavor was very light, to the point of being sort of bland. I experimented with mixing this product with both milk and water, and found that the milk somewhat overpowered the flavor. I would like to see the flavor strengthened, and maybe even sweetened a little more.

Mixability:
No issues with mixability. Honestly this was one of the finest protein powders I have used to this date. There was a small amount of foaming, but not enough for it to matter.

Dosing:
One scoop in 8oz of milk or water. I used this product once a day, varying between just after waking and just before bed.

Protein is protein. No matter the source, as long as you area taking in the right amount daily, you will see results. What sets protein powders apart from each other in this regard is the additional benefits depending on other ingredients or protein types. This product is very light on the stomach, comparable to other products such as VMI's Protolyte. What this means is I could take this in the mornings before work or a work out without feeling bloated, sluggish, or over full. The product also digested very wellTotal Body Protein uses a blended protein containing both fast and slow digesting protein types. The benefit to have slower digesting protein is to keep you feeling satiated over a longer period of time, and TBN definitely delivered. When using this product before bed, I found myself waking the next morning without feeling hungry or craving food. Some days I was even able to fast until noon without feeling hungry. I also noticed a difference in my recovery from fatigue and DOMS while using this product. While it did not completely wipe out my soreness, I did feel much more refreshed from day to day, even after grueling two hour workouts.

About $35 for 30 servings. While this is a little pricier than some, I have paid higher prices per serving for protein products that I have liked much less. I don't mind paying a few extra dollars for quality ingredients and a quality product.

Side Effects

No negative side effects experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

Total Body Protein is an excellent product and fairly priced. I definitely look forward to trying more of their products in the future.

• Effects Fade Quickly
  • Bad Side Effects
  • Not Worth The Money

Ever have one of those days where you go to your supplement cabinet only to find your favorite preworkout empty? Or maybe you aren't using preworkout but you find yourself needing a boost in the gym? So you find yourself staring into the cooler near the front desk, staring at a wall of brightly colored ready to drink preworkouts, all promising you the strength of Hercules and the untiring endurance of a machine?

We've all been there. And in that moment of vulnerability, you may find yourself consuming some overpriced, useless, bottle of Kool Aid, which leads to your only gains being an upset stomach and regret. Hopefully this reaches you in time. Before you make the mistake of choking back American Bodybuilding Speed Stack Extreme.

Glucuronolactone - 1000mg
A common ingredient in energy drinks, glucuronolactone is a metabolite of glucose and regulates the formation of glycogen. Believed to boost energy as well as assist in joint support, there have been little to no proven scientific information to support these theories. Recommended daily dosage is between 1 and 3 grams daily.

Taurine - 1000mg
Another common energy drink ingredient, taurine is known to increase cognitive function and focus. Recommended clinical dosage is between 0.5-2g daily.

Dandelion Extract - 750mg
A mostly unproven supplement, dandelion extract is believed to help reduce inflammation and also support digestion. Possibly incorporated here as a recovery supplement, reducing inflammation and muscle soreness from workouts.

Yerba Mate extract - 500mg
A nootropic ingredient known to increase focus and mental clarity while improving mood. Recommended clinical dosage is 500mg daily.

DMAE - 500mg
A supplement known to increase cognitive function and act as an antioxidant. Recommended daily dosage is between 500-1500mg.

Green Tea Extract - 225mg
Another antioxidant, green tea extract is an excellent source of caffeine and a fat burner/energy booster.

Guarana extract - 200mg
A stimulant and energy supplement

Caffeine - 150mg

Taste - 4/10
At my gym, my only options were grape or fruit punch. As I'm not a fan of fruit punch, I chose the grape flavor. While it isn't the worst preworkout flavor I've had, it did have a strong medicine like taste that was hard to choke back.

Mixability
Comes in a ready to drink liquid. No need to mix.

One 22oz bottle before my workout. Usually consumed upon arrival to the gym before changing and warming up.

This is where I have mixed emotions, and why I've used the product on several occasions. It worked. Speed Stack Extreme definitely gives you a powerful boost of energy to get you motivated and kick off your workout. The energy is quick hitting and intense and will drive you to push your workout. It has never failed me in those regards. Within about fifteen minutes of consuming this product, I was throwing weights around like a madman. The issue is, the effects are fleeting. Usually after about thirty minutes of my workout, I would start to come down and the energy would begin to fade fast. And then the side effects would set in, which will be discussed more further down.

The other issue I have with this product is there are no ingredients to promote pumps or endurance. When a product provides such a strong burst of energy, it helps to balance it with endurance enhancing ingredients to prevent the user from burning themselves out at the beginning of the workout as well. I do have to compliment American Bodybuilding for including ingredients that enhance focus and cognitive function, but when the energy fades and there's nothing to boost endurance, the focus doesn't do much good.

You can find these online for around $24 a case. At my gym, they were sold for $3.50 each. Even at $2 a piece, the price is not justified by the convenience of being ready to drink. The short term effects and lack of strength or endurance boosting ingredients just isn't worth the price tag.

Side Effects

Hard crash after about 30 minutes. Headaches and nausea were both common occurrences as well.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I just cant recommend this product. There are too many other ready to drink products that work much better. Despite the huge energy boost this product grants, similar effects can be felt using other products without the poor side effects experienced when using Speed Stack Extreme. As soon as my gym began carrying Redline and Bang I switched off of this stuff and never looked back. Learn from my experience.

Overall
(SR paid for product; Rule 1 Proteins did not participate)

• Flavor Variety
  • Mixes Well
  • Slight Beta Alanine Tingles

Big thank you to Clipper83 for putting this awesome product in my hands!

I chose to review this product because I am always looking for an energy supplement that can act as a quick pick me up and keep me away from sugary energy drinks. This product in particular appealed to me because of the added amino acids and because I had already taken some interest in Rule 1.

Rule 1 Pre Amino contains a total of just over 6g of amino acids and 120mg of caffeine from green tea extract and Coffeeberry coffee fruit extract. This breaks down to

2.5g o...

Big thank you to Clipper83 for putting this awesome product in my hands!

2.5g of BCAAs:

L-Glutamine - 500mg
L-Lysine - 500mg
L-Threonine - 150mg
L-Phenylalanine - 100mg

Taste - 8/10
I received the blue raspberry lemonade flavor. It was pretty much exactly what you would expect, a slightly tart lemonade flavor with a sweet blue raspberry finish. The taste was refreshing and there were no unpleasant or chemical aftertastes.

Mixability
Absolutely no issues. This product dissolved quickly and completely with a couple hard shakes in a water bottle. No foam, no floaters, no sinkers.

Recommended dose is one scoop in 6-8 ounces of water. Personally I found 10-12 ounces of water balanced the strong flavor a little better.

Allow me to reintroduce myself. Hi, I'm TKC and I'm a stim junkie. Preworkouts with less than 300mg of caffeine get double scooped, energy drinks are consumed for taste, and coffee is a waste of my time. I work twelve hour shifts, rotating day and night shifts every two weeks. I sleep an average of 4 or 5 hours a day, and my daily workout is usually about two hours long. With that being said, my job requires that I maintain the highest level of alertness and focus at all times. As you can guess, I require a steady flow of caffeine to my bloodstream. So how do I maintain when coffee and energy drinks are ineffective, but preworkout unleashes a side of me that my workplace, friends, and family would shun and cower from? Honestly, before Rule 1 Pre Amino came into my life, I'm not sure.

Fortunately, It no longer matters. Rule 1 has created the perfect energy supplement. A solid dose of caffeine to get me motivated, added amino acids for a boost in stamina, and a great taste all mixed in water to keep me hydrated. What more could I ask for? I typically took this product when waking up in the morning or evening for work. It delivered a nice clean energy boost that easily sustained me throughout my shifts. No more midday/night energy drinks. as a matter of fact, aside from my preworkout, I didn't feel the need for any other sources of caffeine at all.

It should be noted however that I used this product with the intentions of it being an energy supplement, with added amino acids. If you are intending to use this product as a pre, post, or intraworkout amino supplement, you may be disappointed. Pre Amino only contains 2.5g of BCAAs as opposed to the typical BCAA supplements 5g or more. While it also contains 3.5g of EAAs, I wouldn't expect any major increases in recovery or endurance, or any reduction in DOMS.

The best price I could find on this product was about $16 for 30 servings, breaking down to $0.53 per serving. That may seem high for an amino supplement only containing 2.5g of BCAAs. However if you consider it is one fifth the price of most energy drinks and way more effective, Pre Amino's value as an energy supplement is incredible.

Side Effects

Very slight tingle from the beta alanine if consumed quickly rather than sipped on. While the tingles don't bother me in the gym during my workout, they can be somewhat uncomfortable while doing anything else. The effect did not last more than a few minutes though.

Conclusion

It has been a long time since I have been this excited over a product. Rule 1 Pre Amino is the energy supplement I have been searching for, and I couldn't recommend it enough for anyone who spends three dollars a day or more on energy drinks. Highly effective, great tasting, and budget friendly. Pre Amino has made an incredible impression, and I can't wait to try other Rule 1 products.

Overall
Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • DOMS Relief
  • Effective BCAA Dose
  • Endurance
  • Improved Recovery
  • Gets The Job Done
  • InstAminos
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients

Did it work? Sure. Did it blow me away? Not really...

As always, I would like to thank Beast Sports and SR for allowing me the opportunity to test and review this product. I chose to review this supplement because I've had good experiences with other Beast products. BCAAs are a staple of my daily stack, and I enjoy testing new ones whenever I can find them.

Beast Sports contains 5g of the typical amino profile in a 2:1:1 ratio, as implied by the name. The breakdown of aminos shakes out to:

L-Leucine - 2500mg
L-Isole...

Did it work? Sure. Did it blow me away? Not really...

L-Leucine - 2500mg
L-Isoleucine - 1250mg
L-Valine - 1250mg

These amino acids are used by the body in protein synthesis which helps to build lean muscle, as well as increase endurance and aid in post workout recovery. The 2:1:1 ratio is considered the gold standard, and 5g is the accepted recommended dosage. This is the ingredient profile found in most BCAA supplements, so in order to stand out against competitors, brands include extra ingredients to aid in aspects such as hydration and recovery in order to make their product unique. Beast Sports is no exception. Other ingredients found in this product are:

Glycine - 465mg
A non-essential amino acid which aids in protein synthesis, and is especially important in the production of collagen. Because of this, glycine supplementation can aid in joint recovery and protection as well as muscle building. Scientific studies have been shown results at dosages of 5-9g taken three times daily, making this ingredient severely underdosed.

L-alanine - 300mg
Another non-essential amino acid used in protein synthesis. L-alanine also aids in immune system support and is important for regenerating glucose levels in the liver.

Taurine - 300mg
An amino acid known to help improve blood flow as well as reduce muscle soreness and increase performance. Recommended daily dosage is 1000-2000mg, leaving this ingredient also very underdosed.

Tart Cherry Powder - 240mg
A supplement high in antioxidants, tart cherry powder is believed to reduce muscle soreness. It does this because it contains high levels of Anthocyanin, which is said to have an anti inflammatory effect. Scientific research is still somewhat inconclusive, however recommended dosages seem to be around 1000mg. Once again, this ingredient is underdosed.

Overall, Beast offers a pretty standard BCAA profile. The inclusion of Tart Cherry and Glycine are interesting, but sadly they are not dosed high enough to provide any real benefits and would seem to have only been included to give the impression of a unique ingredient profile.

Taste - 6/10
I requested and received the Tropical Breeze flavor. The flavor wasn't your typical run of the mill tropical fruit punch, it seemed to lean more towards a coconut pineapple taste. Personally I'm not a big fan of coconut, which it was pretty heavy on, but the taste was tolerable. One thing worth noting, the flavor had a somewhat waxy aftertaste. No other reviews mention this, and I did seem to have some mixability issues, so its possible I may have received a bad tub or the Louisiana heat ruined it during shipping.

Mixability
Easily the worst product I've ever had in terms of mixability. Whether I mixed this product in a water bottle or a shaker cup, I was always left with a pale yellow liquid suspending rust colored flakes of powder which would eventually settle at the bottom of the cup. While other reviewers have noted the presence of a little bit of tart cherry powder after mixing, the amount that did not dissolve in my shaker seemed significantly higher than what they describe. I believe the tub I received had been damaged by some outside factor, be it humidity or heat. The tub was completely sealed when I received it, and there was no clumping or signs of moisture absorption. I do believe the unmixed powder left behind is responsible for the waxy taste described above.

One scoop in 16oz of water during my workout. As usual with BCAAs, I find most of them taste too strong with less than 16-20oz of water. You may have to adjust the amount of water to find a taste that you enjoy.

Standard ingredients, standard results. I noticed a typical reduction in DOMS and a slight increase in endurance during my run of this product. Both typical effects of BCAA supplementation, Beast Sports offering does exactly what you would expect an amino supplement to do. Nothing more and nothing less. While that may be better than not experiencing any effects, it will be hard for Beast Sports to win in such a competitive market without providing some other added benefits. The idea of a BCAA supplement which also boosts joint strength and recovery is very appealing and would be a unique addition to a crowded market. Personally I would also like to see an ingredient to boost hydration as well as higher dosages of the glycine and tart cherry.

The best price I could find on this product was around $20, which breaks down to approximately $0.66 per serving (beginning to notice a recurring theme here...). While this is about average for a BCAA supplement, there are better options available for cheaper which provide more benefits. I wouldn't mind the price if Beast offered more than just a bare bones BCAA supplement, however as it stands I find this is a little more on the high side.

Side Effects

No negative side effects were experienced during my run of this product.

Conclusion

While Beast BCAA 2:1:1 may be an effective amino supplement, I have a hard time recommending it because the price doesn't justify the benefits. With some additional ingredients and a few tweaks to the other dosages or a reduction in price this could be a more justifiable choice in such a flooded market.

Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  July 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Boost
  • Pretty Good Pumps
  • Failed To Meet Expectations

First, thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series and SR troops for the opportunity to use and review this product.

I love preworkouts. They are easily my favorite supplement, and the wide variety of ingredient profiles and effects that different products provide is a point of intrigue to me. Some products are built for energy, others for pumps or endurance. With that said, one of my favorite things to do is experiment with new preworkouts, and what better product than one by The King himself, Ronnie Coleman.

When I saw this product label, I knew I had to give it a tr...

When I saw this product label, I knew I had to give it a try. With my high stimulant tolerance, I couldn't wait to see if this stim packed, caffeine heavy preworkout would be the holy grail of workout supplements. With that said, lets get into the ingredient profile.

L-citrulline Malate - 4,000mg
L-Citrulline is a well documented and researched workout supplement. It's primary use is to increase blood flow to muscles, which help to increase pumps. L-Citrulline Malate is essentially just a form of Citrulline combined with malic acid. The benefits of malic acid are still being researched, but have shown that when combined with Citrulline, it helps to increase muscular endurance. At 4,000mg this ingredient is somewhat below the recommended clinical dosage.

Beta Alanine - 2,000mg
A key ingredient in in most preworkouts, beta alanine is known to increase strength and endurance and has been well researched. While this dosage wont give you too many of those tingles that a lot of people find uncomfortable, it is well below the clinical dosage of 3200mg.

Choline Bitartrate - 550mg
A focus promoting ingredient, Choline Bitartrate aids in cognitive function and also shows some potential as a mood elevator. The recommended clinical dosage is 250-1000mg. At 550mg this ingredient meets the recommended dosage

Sustained Release Caffeine (Caffeine Anhydrous and Encapfeine) - 420mg
A huge dosage of caffeine to increase energy and alertness. Encapfeine is a form of caffeine layered in microbeads, causing it to take longer for the body to process, effectively extending the release of the caffeine into your bloodstream. The benefits to having an extended release caffeine is to reduce the side effects of jitters and nervousness, as well as to sustain energy throughout the duration of the workout as opposed to receiving an immediate boost.

Advantra Z (30% Synephrine) - 200mg
An interesting inclusion here, Advantra Z is an ingredient containing bitter orange (citrus aurantium) and synephrine. Bitter orange extract contains a class of adrenergic amines which suppress hunger, increase metabolism, and facilitates amino acid uptake. Synephrine also has similar affects and is primarily used as a metabolism booster. It would appear the inclusion of Advantra Z is meant to boost metabolism in order to help absorb the other ingredients, as well as aid in fat loss.

Teacrine - 100mg
The patented form of theacrine, an energy supplement that the body is unable to build a tolerance to. Teacrine is the tasteless form of theacrine, which is said to have a bitter, earthy flavor.

Dynamine - 100mg
The patented form of Methylliberine, Dynamine is a stimulant with a very similar molecular structure as theacrine. Dynamine is used as an energy boosting stimulant.

This product also contains Adhatoda Vasica, a plant extract primarily used in medications to treat respiratory infections and open airways. I am unsure of what purpose this ingredient serves in this product, and I have been unable to find any answers in my research of this ingredient.

As you can see, Yeah Buddy contains a very stim heavy profile, with pump, endurance, and focus ingredients either underdosed or not present at all.

Taste - 6/10:
Let me just start by saying I am very picky about the taste of my preworkout. I struggle to get through a preworkout that tastes bad, and therefore put a lot of value on this category. I requested and received the Strawberry Lemonade flavor, and I was disappointed. The taste was not unbearable, but it had a slight aftertaste that to me, caused the flavor to taste like the old PEZ candy. Without the novelty dispenser with my favorite cartoon character on it, the flavor just wasn't worth it.

Mixability:
I mixed this product both in water bottles and shaker bottles and never had any issues with mixability. A couple hard shakes completely dissolved the powder.

Dosing:
One scoop in 10 ounces of water seemed to balance the taste enough for me to muscle through it.

And now for the main event! As always, I like to breakdown my preworkout into three separate categories to better describe the effects.

Energy - 7/10
I know, I know, I was as surprised as you are. I thought for sure this high stim preworkout would blow steam from my ears and leave me curling the entire dumbbell rack. That just wasn't the case. In fact, the first few times I used this product it had an opposite effect, leaving me tired and unable to focus. I have heard of some people complaining about similar effects when taking high amounts of stimulants, which to me never seemed physiologically possible. Yet I experienced it myself and would have never believed it before. The next few days I reduced my dosage to a half scoop and faired much better. I began to feel the energy boost and was able to power through my workouts. After about a week, I switched back to taking full scoops and found that I no longer suffered from the effects of overstimulation. However, even after assessing my tolerance and working my way back to the full scoop, I never felt a huge energy boost from this product. Maybe this was due to the fact that an unknown portion of the 420mg caffeine dose was an extended release caffeine. I can say though that I never experienced any jitters or anxiousness throughout the use of this product. After looking at the ingredient profile, I thought for sure I would be dealing with those side effects, but they were never an issue.

Endurance - 8.5/10
For me, this is the area where this product truly shined. Aside from the first few days, I was easily able to push through my typical two hour workouts, as well as a three hour chest session one day. While the energy boost may not have been incredible, it was smooth and sustained, fueling me all the way through the end. I also found myself pushing more reps and finishing my sets with much less muscle fatigue than usual.

Focus - 4/10
This product's biggest weakness came in the category that I value the most. Bodybuilding is hard. It is grueling both physically AND mentally. Some days you just don't want to be in the gym. Some days you have to fight with yourself to get a workout in, all the while pushing away thoughts of what else you could be doing, or how much you are hurting, etc. The best way to overcome this is with a preworkout that is capable of helping you lock in and giving you that tunnel vision that drives you through each set. I never experienced that with this product, which was not surprising considering there did not appear to be any focus enhancing ingredients in the profile. The only ingredient that promoted any kind of cognitive benefits was the caffeine, which helped more to clear mental fog than to actually promote focus.

Also worth mentioning is I was able to achieve some pretty good pumps from this product. Certainly better than I expected with the underdosed Citrulline malate.

$30 for 30 servings. I've paid less for more, and I've paid more for less. All in all I would say that this is a pretty fair value.

Side Effects

The first few uses of this product I suffered from what I can only think was an overdose on stimulants. Rather than pick me up, it had an opposite effect, leaving me tired and drained. After reducing the dosage for a week, I worked my way back up to the full dose and had no issues after that.

Conclusion

Overall, I was happy with the endurance benefits of this product, but the energy and focus failed to meet my expectations. While this isn't a bad product, and may be more effective for others, it just didn't do the job for me.

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.7
  July 25, 2018

• Fat Reduction
  • Tasty
  • Slight Leaning Effect
  • Slight Burning When Drinking

First and foremost, big thanks to VMI Sports for their continued participation in the SR Troops program, and thank you to SR for the opportunity!

Everyone is searching for that miracle supplement that will shed bodyfat while we sit on the couch and stuff Cheetos in our faces. Now we all know this doesn't exist, except in secret, underground, Russian super soldier test facilities. What does exist however, is supplements capable of boosting fat and calorie burning when combined with a healthy diet and workout plan. VMI Sports has made their attempt at this formula with L-Carnitine 3000.

I chose to review this supplement because of the overwhelmingly positive experience I have had with VMI products in the past. I am also on a ketogenic diet, and VMI claims that L-Carnitine 3000 improves your ability to burn fat for fuel, which is the basis of ketogenesis.

Three simple and straightforward active ingredients:

L-Carnitine - 1500mg
An amino acid which has been shown to increase the body's ability to increase thermogenesis and burn fat for energy

Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 750mg
A form of L-Carnitine which is capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier, allowing it to enhance cognitive function, focus, and increase energy

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 750mg
A form of L-Carnitine which provides the same benefits, albeit with a better absorption due to the added L-Tartrate

Taste - 9/10:
I requested and received the Patriot Pop flavor, which tasted incredible. The flavor was strong, with a nice balance of sweetness with a slightly tangy finish. I would honestly take this product just for the flavor itself and it was hard not to just chug it when dosing.

Mixability:
This supplement is in a liquid, ready to drink form.

Dosing:
1Tbsp once daily. I usually took this product in the morning before departing for work or the gym.

A rare miss for VMI Sports. Throughout my run of this product, I noticed a slight increase in sweat production, although without that increased body temperature I typically feel from thermogenic supplements. This was a welcomed effect, and along with the two pounds a week I was dropping, I initially believed I had found that miracle supplement we are all searching for. However, after finishing my run of the product, I continued to see similar weight loss results. My weight loss did decrease slightly, a matter of a couple ounces a week, and I noticed the weight seemed to take slightly longer to come off. After a couple of weeks off of this product, I still had not seen a significant change in effect. While this product did seem to be somewhat effective, it was not enough for me to justify adding it to my daily stack. For me, this is more of a luxury supplement, one that I may pick up and use when I find my weight loss is beginning to plateau rather than using on a consistent basis.

As for the energy and cognitive effects of this product, I ultimately saw no change. I believe this is due to the somewhat low dosage of Acetyl-L-Carnitine. While scientific studies have shown this ingredient to be effective, typically the effects are seen at much higher dosages. I would like to see VMI increase this dosage or add another nootropic type ingredient to this product. I was really looking forward to getting a mental boost from this product, and was disappointed when I did not.

$20 for 31 servings. Price wise, this is a pretty fair value, however considering it was not as effective as I would have hoped, it loses a bit of value to me.

Side Effects

Slight burning in the throat while taking. Nothing painful or unbearable. Just unexpected.

Conclusion

Overall, while this product had some effect, it was not as effective as I had hoped it would be for me. Generally I have had very positive experiences with VMI products, and this is a rare miss. After reading other reviews on this product, it may be possible that my body just did not react to the L-Carnitine as well as some others. Hopefully others have a better experience with this product than I did.

Overall
Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
  June 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Alertness
  • Better Focus
  • Better Mood
  • Compound Effects
  • Long Term Effects
  • Some Ingredients Underdosed

Another solid product by Outbreak Nutrition, Transmit not only provides you with a daily pick me up, but taken consistently overtime may have lasting effects on cognitive function and mental clarity.

In my opinion, Outbreak Nutrition is one of the most underrated supplement companies on the market. Initially I was skeptical, figuring their marketing and packaging was a gimmick that likely cost more to produce than their products. However, after having nothing but positive experiences with their products I have come to realize that Outbreak's glow in the dark labels and post apocalyptic imagery are a direct result of a company who's passion for their products transcends profit margins and overhead expenses. I chose to review this product because of my developing interest in nootropic supplements and my previous experiences with Outbreak products.

300mg Bacopa Monnieri (std. 50% Bacosides)
Used for cognitive enhancement, Bacopa promotes neuron communication by increasing the growth of nerve endings. It is also known to reduce anxiety by interacting with dopamine and serotonergic systems. Bacopa has also been proven to increase memory formulation. Most supplements are standardized at 55% and clinical doses are recommended at 300mg. by that measure, this ingredient is slightly underdosed.

200mg AlphaSize (50% Alpha-GPC)
A trademarked form of Choline, Alpha-GPC is known to increase cognitive function by assisting in neurotransmission. It has been shown to prevent cognitive decline in elderly patients and those with Alzheimers, however its ability to do so in younger subjects is still unproven. It has however shown signs of increased cognitive functions when taken at a clinical dosage between 300-600mg. While that puts this ingredient somewhat underdosed, Outbreak includes a second choline supplement intended to work synergistically to provide a clinical dosage of choline.

200mg Phosphatidylserine 20%
An amino acid compound used to increase memory and cognitive functions. Phosphatidylserine is also known to decrease cortisol levels. It has also been shown to increase attention spans in adults and children at dosages of 200-400mg. While effects have been observed at dosages of 100mg, the recommended clinical dosage is 300mg divided into 3 daily doses. 200mg would seem to be an effective once daily dosage.

200mg Caffeine Anhydrous
Caffeine is often included in nootropics due to its ability to increase focus and alertness. 200mg seems to be a well balanced dosage to provide a slight boost while not so much as to cause jitters. Too much caffeine can actually have an opposite effect on mental clarity as it may cause anxiety and reduce the ability to focus. Outbreak seems to have found the sweet spot here.

200mg L-Theanine (TheaKalm)
An amino acid that promotes relaxation without causing drowsiness. Often paired with caffeine to prevent feelings of anxiety or jitters experienced from caffeine overdose. Outbreak uses the trademarked TheaKalm here and matches the caffeine dosage.

125mg Methyliberine (Dynamine 40%)
A powerful stimulant that was designed as an alternative to DMHA. Dynamine is used to increase energy and focus, and is typically dosed at 200-400mg, however lower dosages are recommended when used alongside other stimulants, hence the dosage used here.

125mg Citicoline (Cognizin)
The second Choline supplement included here. Combined with the Alpha-GPC, this ingredient pushes the total choline content to 325mg, which is on the lower end of the recommended clinical dosage. Once again, Outbreak opted for a trademarked version of choline, Cognizin.

10mg Huperzia Serrata (std. 1% Huperzine A)
A known and studied supplement, Huperzine A is a common ingredient in nootropics. It increases cognitive functions by breaking down enzymes that reduce acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter necessary for effective learning. The recommended clinical dosage for Huperzine A is 50-100 MICROGRAMS. While at first glance it appears as though this supplement is insanely over dosed, it is important to note that Outbreak opted to utilize the whole huperzia plant, standardized at 1% Huperzine A. What this means is that 10mg of the whole plant results in a dosage of 100 micrograms of Huperzine A, right in the middle of the clinical dosage.

Dosing is three capsules once a day. No taste or mixability to worry about. I always took this product upon waking on an empty stomach, rather than waiting until I felt like I needed a boost or pick me up later in the day.

My previous experiences with nootropic supplements have been spotty at best. Outbreak's Transmit was a welcome exception. One thing I loved about the product is that while it was very effective for me day to day, I also noticed some other long term benefits from using the product consistently day to day. Due to this, I would like to discuss those effects separately and have chosen to divide this category into two sections:

Day To Day:

Throughout my run of this product I took the three capsules upon waking on an empty stomach. Within a half hour to an hour I would begin to feel some effects such as increased alertness and energy levels. As my day progressed, I experienced increased mental clarity and mood elevation, as well as a general feeling of well being. The 200mg of caffeine in this product seemed to be just enough to pick me up and get my day started. I never received a jolt of energy or burst of motivation from this product, however I don't believe that's what it was designed to do. Rather it seemed intended to sustain my alertness and attention span throughout the day. In any case, Transmit succeeded in doing exactly what I expected from it, but what really impressed me about this product where the long term affects from using it.

Long Term:

Where this product really exceeded my expectations was in the second half of the run. After approximately a week of daily use, I began to experience a compounding effect. That is to say, my mood and mental clarity seemed to be slightly better than the day before it. By two weeks in, not only was I having an easier time keeping myself focused, but I began to feel a difference in my memory and attention span. No longer did I find myself absent mindedly forgetting where I left my keys or overlooking things on my daily to do list. By the end of the month I felt less stressed and more focused, and truly felt a difference from before starting my run with Transmit. After finishing the product, I waited a week to type this review because I wanted to see if the effects would last once I was no longer taking the product. I was pleasantly surprised that the increase in my mental clarity, memory, and attention span did not falter immediately. At the time of this review, I have began to notice a slight decrease in my general cognitive functions from when I was taking this supplement daily, however I am confident that the long term affects would likely last another week or so as they taper off.

Overall, this has been the most effective nootropic supplement I have used, and the only one so far that I feel confident in recommending. The day to day boost it provides is great, but the true benefits lie in the compounding effects from consistent daily use. I work 12 hour shifts, rotating day and night shift every two weeks, and survive on 4 hours of sleep a day at best. I deal with my fair share of mental fog and lack of focus, but Transmit cut through that with ease, and I can honestly say in the 4 years of working this way, I have never felt better cognitively.

$35 for a 30 day serving (90 capsules) from DPS Nutrition. Just over a dollar a day for a very effective nootropic. Personally I consider this a very fair value, and honestly, considering my results I would have no problem paying the $39.99 on Outbreak's website.

Side Effects

No negative side effects were experienced throughout my run of this product.

Conclusion

Once again, Outbreak Nutrition has exceeded my expectations. Transmit can be used as a pick me up on those days where you're having trouble focusing or you just need a little boost, and does well in that regard. But the true power of this supplement shows when it is taken consistently everyday, resulting in compound effects and lasting increases in mental clarity, focus, and memory increase.

June 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Great Macros
  • Non GMO
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Tastes Great
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag
  • Only Available Online

Another great product from VMI Sports, Protolyte sets a new standard in protein supplementation.

Thank you to VMI Sports and the SR Troops program for giving me the opportunity to test and review this product.
I chose to review this supplement because of the interesting ingredient profile, as well as the high quality processing used in production. I have also had great experiences with VMI Sports products in the past, and hoped to see that trend continue.

25g of cold pressed non-gmo whey protein isolate

8mg of chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate
175mg of calcium
166mg of potassium
40mg of sodium

Breaking this down, cold processed whey retains more nutrients and is easier for the body to digest. Protolyte delivers 25g of whey isolate in a 29.6g scoop, making each scoop approximately 85% protein. You also receive just over a gram (1372mg) of electrolytes, a unique addition to this protein which helps to aid in muscle recovery and endurance. With the added electrolytes, each scoop breaks down to about 89% active ingredients. This means Protolyte contains very little fillers or additives. Also listed in the ingredients is an undisclosed enzyme blend which is included to aid in digestion and prevent gastrointestinal issues sometimes caused by protein consumption.

Taste:
VMI Sports offers a wide variety of flavors for this product, including many unique and uncommon flavors, so you're sure to find one that you will love. I requested and was provided with the snickerdoodle flavor. I chose this flavor because it was a good opportunity to sample something different, and because it is a flavor I have not seen other companies produce. While it may not be my first choice in future purchases, I definitely enjoyed the flavor throughout my run of this product. It had just the right combination of cinnamon and sweetness, and tasted more like a dessert than a supplement. One thing worth noting, this is the first protein I have used that tasted better when mixed with water than milk. I found that mixing with milk resulted in a lighter, weaker flavor.

Mixability:
No mixability issues to report. The product blended well in both milk and water with just a few hard shakes from my shaker cup. No left over powder or residue at the end.

Dosing:
One scoop in 8-10oz of milk or water. As stated above, I generally used water as I found it provided a better flavor.

Protolyte did what I expect my protein to do, but the added electrolytes made a clear difference in my recovery. Throughout my run of this product, I felt a noticeable reduction in DOMS and felt a slight difference in hydration. The reason I rated this product so highly for effectiveness is less about the protein supplementation and more about the overall benefits of this product. Protein supplements have become very common place, and even the worst ones can still stimulate muscle growth and aid in recovery. But with Protolyte, you get a much more complete package:

cold processed, non-gmo protein isolate for very pure, high quality, easily digested protein;
electrolytes for hydration and endurance
enzymes to aid in digestion and prevent gastrointestinal issues.

All packaged with 0g of fat and less than one gram of carbohydrates in 105 calories, making Protolyte an effective supplement that wont disrupt the rest of your daily macros. The top shelf quality ingredients, awesome flavor variety, and unique ingredient profile put Protolyte well above the competition.

This may be the one factor that prevents Protolyte from becoming one of the top protein supplements on the market. The lowest price I could find for a 25 serving container of Protolyte was $34.99, which puts this product at about a $1.40 per serving. While this is a bit on the steeper side for protein powder, the price tag is a necessary evil for the higher quality ingredients and processing in Protolyte. While I personally feel as though the price is justified, others may not agree.

Side Effects

No negative side effects were experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

Once again I find myself congratulating VMI Sports on another job well done. Their commitment to providing quality products to their consumers is top notch, and Protolyte is no exception.