TJHreviews

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online 2 weeks ago
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by TJHreviews

4.1
Thanks to VMI SportsĀ® for sending it out!
  August 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Open Label
  • Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

Hey guys, back again to try this L-CARNITINE product by VMI Sports. First, I'd like to thank VMI for sending me a bottle and participating in the TROOP program.

I was looking to cut some weight this summer and re-comp my body after punishing it with school and work, so I gave this product a try as it is a great addition to any fat-burning program. To be honest, I have taken supplements like L-CARNITINE in the past and I know that this is a supplement that is supposed to be taken over a long period of time, this is not something that one takes and should expect to see or feel anything extreme.

Let me provide more of a context as to my coming to take this product. For about three months I stopped all work outs and pretty much let my diet go in order to focus solely on school. This for sure took a toll on me as I began to weight 235, where I am usually around 220. That being said, I wanted to go on a solid workout regime of sprints at the park as well as get back on my diet. I decided to reserve this item from the TROOP vault as I know L-Carnitine is a solid edition to a cutting stack. I worked out for about 4-5 days a week, in the blistering sun, either doing Insanity by Shaun T or sprints at a park near me. I ate pretty solidly, chicken and veggies with my weekends kinda being a free-for-all at times. I took this product on an empty stomach first thing in the morning along with half a scoop of Performax Labs "Stim-Max". As a result, within a month I was able to shed 5 solid pounds which I have managed to keep off. What follows is a breakdown of my experience and opinion with the supplement

1.5g L-Carnitine (500mg L-Carnitine + 500mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine + 500mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate)
- L-Carnitine is naturally occurring in the body and supplementation can help the body metabolize fat and use it for energy. This product utilizes three different forms, each having their own level of bio-availability. At 1500 mgs, this is pretty well dosed as the recommended dose is between 500- 2,000 mgs. This is an interesting product as it has various forms of L-Carnitine; therefore, it may allow your body to more fully absorb the L-Carnitine due to the different processes by which the different forms of L-Carnitine are absorbed, as such this is a dynamic L-Carnitine product.

Green Tea Leaf Extract (50 mgs)
- This ingredient has been used in numerous weight-loss product as it has been shown to boost the metabolism

Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride (25 mgs)
- Gamma-Butyrobetaine is a precursor to Carnitine, which can help boost the body's carnitine production by up to 300%

Grains of Paradise (15 mgs)
- There is research that shows that this can enhance energy expenditure and can reduce body fat.

BioPerine (2.5 mgs)
- BioPerine is most commonly used in supplements the help the body absorb the other ingredients in the product.

I received the Patriot Pop flavor, which is supposed to taste like the bomb pops (lemon, cherry, and blue raspberry) that are now a pretty notorious flavor in supplements. I, personally, am a huge fan of Bomb pop flavors in supplements, which was most successfully done in Mesomorph. I did not like the way VMI did the bomb pop flavor in this product. I tried it every day first day in the morning for a month and I never really tasted the iconic bomb pop taste. I expected more from VMI as the K-XR flavor profiling is always on point but I couldn't really taste the flavor in here. Not that the flavor was completely bad, I just couldn't really understand why it was called Patriot Pop.

Just as any L-Carnitine supplement, if you're expecting this is to do anything specifically noticeable within one bottle then you should lower your expectations. These supplements are, in my opinion, comparable to CLA products in that they should be used regularly for months in order to keep body fat compositions on the lower end of the spectrum. To me, it did its job in a way. I used this in conjunction with a stim-based supplement (Stim-Max) which has its own varying degrees of thermogenic properies. To clarify, I was not dieting before I took this supplement and I was not exercising. I had a dramatic switch to doing nothing to doing everything, so I would not put the 5 pounds of weight loss on this product in itself. I did not feel any sensation or any specific feeling from this product but I'm sure, on the cellular level, it was getting some work down. As anyone who hasn't worked out in a few months and goes back to working out knows, it is hard to match the level of intensity day-in and day-out. With this product and with my diet regime, I was able to perform consistently; therefore, I would say that this product did its job.

I mean, I see this on the VMI website for $24.99 which is a ridiculously expensive price. However, I see the product listed on several other sites for $14.99 which is about the usual price for products of this nature. At the price of $15 this product is a great addition to a cutting stack for anyone who has the extra money to cover your bases.

Side Effects

There are none that I am aware of

Conclusion

Not a bad product. I would like to try the other flavors to see if they are any better because I know VMI is good with flavor profiling but this is isn't the one. Along with the other ingredients, this product is not bad. This product utilizes ingredients that really are not present in other comparable products but I believe it's just a novelty. The dosing of the other ingredients seem to tell me that they are just there to give the product more appeal but they really are not necessary.

Overall, I believe this is something of a "luxury" item and by that I mean that it is not something that I would use as a stable in my supplement stacks. Whenever I decide to cut some weight I usually start with a good thermogenic weight loss pill or powder and a multi-vitamin. This is the bare bones of a cutting stack, in my opinion. If you are fortunate to be able to afford other products to give you more of an edge and make sure your body is pushing your metabolism to the max, then I would suggest a product such as this. The great thing about these L-Carnitine liquids is that they are easy to take, they usually taste great, and they help ensure that your body is at the peak of its energy out-put, on a cellular level. Furthermore, this is a great form as most liquids are going to be easier for the body to absorb then its pill counterparts. I would recommend this to someone who is seeking that extra push or "oompf", if you will, or someone who is trying to build a complete cutting stack and has the money to spend.

2.0
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  June 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Migraines
    • Sickness

First off, I'd like to thank SR and TBN for providing me with a full bottle of "1,5 Bomb" through the TROOP program.

Hello all. Coming back from the depths of a student's worst nightmare: FINALS. This review took a good bit of time for numerous reasons but the main one was... well, it's because this literally sickened me, and also because I wasn't working out for a few good (terrible) weeks.

I have tried numerous products with DMHA and I have been consistently disappointed. Being someone who is a huge fan of DMAA, which DMHA was introduced to replace, I had hopes but they have been quashed repeatedly. As a true sport, I looked to this product to really give me a true understanding of DMHA without anything else to alter it. Sadly, it made my impression of DMHA worse as the first time I tried this product I got very sick; my head started to hurt, I was very nauseous, I felt a head cold, and I wanted to throw-up my life away. This was pretty shocking to me as I have never had a reaction like this to stimulants and I am somewhat of a stimulant junkie. As that occurred, I was scared to try it again but I tried taking it with something else, I even tried taking only half a scoop but I kept getting the same nauseous feeling, just with a different intensity. Safe to say, nothing I did made this product any more likable for me.

The only ingredient here is 1,5 Dimethylhexylamine HCL (DMHA) at 200 mg per scoop
    What bothers me here is that this isn't a full disclosure. DMHA usually comes in two forms, 2-amino-6-methylheptane and 2-amino-5-methylheptane but TBN does not list which form. The difference between the two is that 2-amino-6-methylheptane is synthetic and cheaper and 2-amino-5-methylheptane is supposedly derived from nature and very expensive. Given the price of the product and the fact that 2-amino-6-methylheptane is the common form used, I am left to assume that 2-amino-6-methylheptane is what is used here but I don't like assumptions with my supplements.

This product is unflavored so it would be best to mix it with some type of juice. Although it says unflavored, as with all unflavored supplement powders, it has a weird taste that you'll notice if you mix it with just plain water. This product seems to mix well, whether it is water or juice but it does have a bit of a fizz to it that you have to let simmer down.

As I have said, this product did nothing but make me regret taking it every time I tried to. I tried to give it a chance but it just gave me bad reactions each time. It is a stimulant so it is effective in picking your heart rate up but even at half a dose it made me nauseous and sick. I don't know if anyone has ever tried highly-caffeinated pre-workouts or fat burners, such as "K-XR" by VMI but product with 400 mgs of caffeine and up react similarly to me as this product did. It takes away the fun of stimulants by literally making you feel like those "overly-caffeinated" memes where you see the skeleton is sitting on the chair with a bright-red skeleton face just above him (yeah, you know the one that so eloquently portrays the ride from hell that you must endure when one consumes too much caffeine while having no effect on energy levels). That should be the product description of this supplement. It Does not give any focus or any of the mental clarity that one would expect from a DMAA replacement.

The value is here though. It seems that it is now on the website for around $29. At 60 scoops, this is a fantastic price.

Side Effects

As stated above, nausea, vomiting, migraines, and something like a head-cold mixed with cold shivers and sweats.

Conclusion

This is just my experience but I would run away from any of this if you are not into DMHA or are thinking about it. That being said, there are people that apparently love DMHA but it seems like the consensus of this is that there is nothing that can replace the much-loved DMAA and this is far from doing just that.

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
    7.1
      March 7, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Awesome Pumps
    • Dense Muscular Pumps
    • Very Consistent
    • 5 Capsules For Effectiveness

Hello guys. So I feel obligated to give this a review. I have taken this product for several years now and it is an important part of my supplement arsenal. I am a recreational lifter who likes to switch up his routine every now and then. A while back, probably like 5 years now, I did Shaun-T's insanity and dropped about 40 pounds. After that, I went to a more Bodybuilder-routine to build size and strength. I say this because I started to take this product after I dropped all that weight and began weight-lifting. This is significant because when you are 170 pounds, at 6'2, everything you put in your body has a significant and a quick reaction. Furthermore, since I was already at a low weight I was already pretty vascular but this product pushed me to my absolute breaking point and I loved it. Overall, I am not a Cellucor fan because they seem to have products that never really hit me and they are part of the corporate machine that sucks the life out of the supplement industry; however, I will give respect where respect is due.

I like what Cellucor has done here, they have a very simple formula with the best forms of their ingredients.

1) Vitamin C (83 mg) and Calcium 10mg)
    - I'm not going to get into the specifics of vitamins, there are numerous benefits to having said vitamins in the body and vitamin C usually accompanies other products in order to help the body absorb it better.

2) Arginine Nitrate (NO3-T) (1,250 mg)
    - This form of arginine is rare to find in most supplements as it is trademarked and Cellucor is one of the few companies that is able to sell it. It is said to be one of the best forms of Arginine. Arginine is one of the greatest suppliers of nitrates and your body will not build up a tolerance to it. Which means that it is actually a great supplement to take on the regular.

3) Next is their Extreme Vascularity Complex (750 mg)
    (a) Nitrosigine Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate
    - This is arginine and Silicon, bonded together. There have been clinical studies that these two, when taken together, have been able to significantly increase the nitric oxide levels in your body.
    (b) Citrulline Malate
    - Citrulline is actually a precursor of arginine and there are studies that suggest that it can actually help raise the levels of arginine in your body than if you were to supplement with arginine itself because your body is able to absorb it better.
    (c) Grape seed extract (95% OPC)
    - This is an incredibly powerful antioxidant and it as such, it is great for vitality. Since this product opens up your blood vessels, this nutrient can rush into your body and can help fight numerous catabolic factors that can actually help keep your body anabolic. It has also been shown to greatly improve the cardiovascular system, which can help improve the blood flow in the body.

Now, the dosing is a bit of a problem here. The original formula recommended that you should consume up to 2 servings. The new formula is suggesting just one dose, which is at 3 pills, at first and after your personal tolerance has been assessed you can take up to 6 pills (2 servings). I was taking about 4 pills before my workout. The old formula had a serving size based off of one's body weight. As I gradually increased to 200-210 I was taking about 5-6 to feel the same results. This becomes a problem as it becomes quite expensive. Overall, the pills are easy to get down, just don't let them chill in your mouth because they taste horrible.

Extremely Effective.
    It gave me skin-splitting pumps. If you have ever had such a pump in your life, you know just how painfully amazing that could feel. There's not much else to say. This is just simply an effective product.

Okay, so I believe that this product has always been over-priced. If you are a bigger guy (over 200 pounds) then you are probably going to be taking about 5-6 pills. This means that you are only going to have about 15 servings out of a 90 pill bottle that seems to have different prices all over the place. The 90 pill bottle you can get for about $30 and the 180 goes for about $50, so there's a bit of a better deal there. Still, $50 for 30 servings is pretty beast. This is why I had to drop down the overall score of this product.

Side Effects

No bad side effects... might help you if you have problems with ED though.

Conclusion

I recommend this product to anyone who really wants to be able to have a great pump throughout their workout. A good pump is hard to come by and it is incredibly valuable, as it helps you have a great mind-to-muscle connection. I used to take it about an hour before I worked out and then take a stim pre-workout 30 mins before. This might not be the best, as caffeine can constrict your blood vessels, but I need some kind of a stim; that's just how I am. I've tried other pump products and I have yet to find something that is comparable. If you have the money to shell out then I would give this a try.

Overall
    Overall
    9.1
    9.5
      March 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Has DMAA
    • Mood Boost
    • Dwindling Supply
    • Not 100% Oxy
    • Discontinued

Hello everyone! I'm logging in here to give a bit of a "too-late" review again. Unfortunately, I am new to the site and I really wish I was able to give this review at least a few months back but I really feel that it is necessary to give my opinion on this product. As I have stated in previous reviews, I am pretty stim-tolerant. Back in the day (not that I'm old enough to really say that) I used to used OxyElite and Jack3d in tandem. Hell, I used to open up an OxyElite and throw that into a HEAPING scoop of Jack3d (which is honestly not a great thing for a 16 year old to do, but I did it anyway). Those were the days. Nothing has ever compared to the first tub of Jack3d or the first bottle of OxyElite. Over the years many companies have tried to mimic what USP labs did with said products but nothing was really the same. This product, however, comes very close. The closest I have felt to OxyElite.

Yes, this is a proprietary blend. I know that now-a-days everyone gets very upset over such a thing, but it has been a thing in some of the best supplements of the past; regardless, this is why I had to take a little bit off the overall score of this product.
    Let's list the ingredient in the "prop" blend in the order that they appear:
    1) Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf And Pod) Extract
    - This ingredient has been shown to give you a thyroid boost, thus it helps you lose weight by improving your metabolism. (This was in OxyElite)

2) Bacopa Monnieri
    - This is more of a mood booster. It has been used because it enhances one's cognitive abilities and has been know to reduce stress (Also in OxyElite)

3) DMAA (1,3 Dimethylamylamine)
    - My man! The big dog! Also the reason why all my favorite supplements are now being reformulated (since Hi-tech is in a seriously F'ed up litigation with the gov't, DMAA is banned as of now from being manufactured, we shall see how this turns out later though)
    - This is the monster CNS (central nervous system) stimulant that followed after Ephedrine died. It was the reason why OxyElite and Jack3d were amazing. It is a very strong stimulant which gives a euphoric mental enhancement to the user. It is also a very strong fat burner.

4) Cirsium Oligophyllum (Whole Plant) Extract
    - This is supposed to increase your body's energy output. In turn it helps your body metabolize fat and increases energy. (Also in OxyElite)

5) Rauwolscine
    - This is more readily known as Alpha-Yohimbine. It gives off a powerful stimulant effect while helping the body prevent the storage of fat and metabolize fat.

6) Garcinia Cambogia Extract (fruit rind)
    - This is the appetite suppressor ingredient. It is supposed to help produce a feeling in satiety in the user.

These are pills which are slightly larger than what OxyElite was but they go done pretty easily. If you take them on an empty stomach you're bound to get some peppery burps, though. I would only take one at a time, but there were times when I was taking three a day, at separate times. Two a day was really my sweet spot. I would have one in the morning and another one about 6-8 hours later, as that is usually how long it takes for caffeine to wear off.

This formula was almost an exact copy of the OxyElite formula besides from a few little tweaks and to me it gave me about 85% of the feel that OxyElite did. Now, it is hard to truly, and accurately, remember the effect of OxyElite because now it is so glorified in my head that it seems like it would be untouchable. When I took this bottle for the first time I just remember saying to myself, "This is it." I was taken back by how uncanny the resemblance was. I know some people seem to disagree but I have had a great experience with this product. It helped me tremendously when I was waking up at 7am to go to law school and then going to work from 5pm to 1am and doing the same thing every week day. It gave me energy and focus and I think it was one of the reasons I was able to mentally and physically handle life at that point. I also wasn't working out, but I was eating very clean and these two things helped me not become a fat piece of S**t and I will stand by that. I thoroughly recommend this product and it has a place in my heart.

It is now, probably, going to go on to ridiculous prices as it is going to become harder and harder to get the original formula. BECAREFUL to not mix the original formula with the new one that had DMHA. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. I have seen that there are still bottles on the web that are going for $40 or so, and then I have seen the trolls already putting up a bottle for $150+ on eBay and the likes. It is certainly not worth that price, but $40 for 90 pills is not bad, especially if you only do 2 a day.

Side Effects

Some people may not be able to tolerate such a strong stimulant effect and some people may be disappointed that it doesn't feel exactly the same as OxyElite. I'm sorry to say it, but nothing is going to match OxyElite or Jack3d. Honestly, I just don't see that happening. It is unfortunate but there were rumors that USP labs and other companies back then were "spiking" their products with undisclosed (possibly illegal) substances. Companies just don't care enough like they used to *sigh*. But yes, with these supplements you could experience headaches or nausea. Just remember to assess your tolerance first and drink a lot of water.

Conclusion

I love this product. It is the closest product to OxyElite that I have tried over the past 7 years. It is a bit of a nostalgic item for people like me who loved OxyElite. I was damned from the beginning as my first supplement I ever tried was Jack3d, followed by OxyElite, so I have been searching for the equivalent ever since. Moral of this review is, if you can get your hands on a bottle I believe that you won't be sorry. If you loved OxyElite then you might like this one and if you have had no idea what I've been talking about with OxyElite and Jack3d and want to get a taste of what supplements 7-8 years ago were like, this is a great product to try. Either way, this will be gone soon and it might not hurt to grab a bottle and try it out.

9.4
      March 3, 2018

Cons:

Hey guys, I'm here to review this fat-burner powder by Blackstone labs. I am a recreational lifter who has been lifting for close to 9 years now. I have taking many different fat burners and high-stim pre-workouts, so I have a good tolerance to stimulants. That being said, I am surprised that this little tub packed such a kick. I'm not a fan of "proprietary blends" but I also do not write off supplements just because they have a "prop" blend. Cobra has a prop blend and this is why I have kicked down the overall rating of the product. Nevertheless, it is a great fat burner. Disclaimer: Blackstone labs have apparently changed this name of Cobra to Viper, and I have yet to try to new formula. It seems odd to give a review to something that has changed but I have been using this for years and to see that there isn't a review of this product on the site is a shame. However impotent this review may be, I would like to be heard.

The "prop" blend lists the ingredients in the following order:
      1) Caffeine Anhydrous.
      - The "top dog" of natural stimulants, this ingredient is used in nearly every stimulant supplement. It has been well researched and studied as a great form of Caffeine. Of course, there are the usual benefits of improved focus, reduced fatigue, and energy.

2) Theobromine
      - The "Food of the God", Theobromine is a natural stimulant found in chocolate and it has a range of health benefits. For the purposes of this product, it does help give a bit of an energy boost but it can actually improve insulin sensitivity, as well as improve your mood.

3) Dendrobium
      - Ah! What was thought to be the replacement to DMAA when it was first taken out of all supplements after Jack3d and OxyElite. Dendrobium was placed in a bunch of pres and fat burners but it was most notably put in "Craze" which was a preworkout that was short-live as it was banned fairly quickly after it was launched, due to allegations of "spiking" it with other chemicals. Regardless, Dendrobium is central nervous system stimulant which contains forms of Phenylethylamine which has been known to be a great mood booster. Dendrobium was supposed to give a great energy kick while elevating mental mood and clarity.

4) Advantra Z
      - This, for a long time now, has been the only thermogenic which has been patented to help boost one's athletic performance as well as burn fat.

5) Bioperine
      - Bioperine is supposed to help enhance the bioavailability of the ingredients in which it is incorporated with, which means that it will help your body absorb the other ingredients in the formula.

6) Yohimbine
      - This is a great ingredient for men as it can help aid erectile dysfunction, but it is primarily used for its fat-burning properties.

Okay, let me just make myself clear, I have been known to have weird taste when it comes to supplements like these fat burner powders. A lot of what I like, my friends disagree with, but if you have been taking different flavored fat burners and pres I think you know that there's just some that are questionable and there are some that are genuinely good. Here, I have to say that this is genuinely good. It has a bit of a chalky consistency but it mixes fairly well. I have tried both the watermelon flavor and the strawberry/kiwi flavor and I prefer to watermelon flavor. It has a flavor profile similar to a jolly rancher, to me anyway. I think it hits the watermelon flavor on the head and I look forward to having a scoop before my workouts, or in the morning.

I have to say, I have used this in a variety of workouts, whether it be steady-pace or high intensity interval training, and I have always noticed that I work up a great sweat when I use this product. I've used this as a nice kick in the morning in the past and it's great! So much better than a cup of coffee and it is much more effective. I felt it gave me the feeling that I got from the old-school supps that had DMAA. It brings a solid mental high and provides a strong stim-effect.

I have seen it on various sites for about $35, and that is at 60 scoops. The scoops are small but one scoop is enough, honestly. So the value is there, even if you were to take 2 scoops a day.

Side Effects

With any high-stim product, you are going to have some vaso-constriction, increased heart rate, and you will lose water weight. So, be sure to drink a good amount of water

Conclusion

Blackstone was a bit bigger a few years back and was mostly known for its pro-hormones but I recommend this fat burner powder. If you can get your hand on a tub (I have checked, there are still a great deal of cobra tubs out in circulation). When I get my hands on the new Viper, all run it and come back to give a review on the update. But don't miss out on something like this while it is still around.

March 2, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Focus

Hello again SR. My name is Tim and I'd like to shed some light on this nootropic by Man sport. Some background information: I am a part-time law student and I have a full-time job. I usually bounce around between stim products, such as fat burners or stim-enhanced aminos to keep going. Within the past year or so I have dabbled in a few nootropics and I have added them into my routine. To keep going on with my schedule and to be efficient with my work I need some type of boost and this product is a great additional to my arsenal. Disclaimer: I am very experienced with stims and I am not sensitive at all so I usually take brainbridge a little after I take a thermogenic like Hydroxyelite, which not only has more caffeine but also had DMAA (if you are not familiar with this ingredient it is a very strong stimulant that has a strong euphoric, or nootropic effect at times.

To start off, this product has Vitamins B-6 and B-12
        B-6 (5 mg)
        - This is included because it can help calm and maintain your nervous system. Some have also supplemented B-6 to treat ADHD and memory loss. At % mg, this is a heavy dose.
        B-12 (250 mcg)
        - B-12 is a kind of "power-house" vitamin. It helps produce healthy blood cells, as well as make DNA. At 250mcg, it is not a bad dose, though there are studies that show that humans can only absorb a fraction of the B-12 that is supplemented.
        Sceletium Tortuosum Extract (80 mg)
        - This herb has been used to treat anxiety disorders and depression. It has been used to relax and increase mental energy. the recommended dose seems to differ depending on who you ask, but what seems to pop up is a 200 mg dose; therefore, it seems that this is a bit underdosed.
        Coleus Forskohlii 95% (7 mg)
        - It is interesting to see this ingredient in this product as it is popular for its use in fat-burners. The daily recommended dosage is about 25 mgs which you could take up to twice a day so Man sport seemed to under-dose this.
        Acetyl-L-Carnitine (750 mg)
        - L-Carnitine is supposed to be able to reduce aging effects and to help prevent disease in the mitochondria. It is placed here because of its ability to increase alertness while improving the mitochondria capacity
        AlphaSize (Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline) (600 mg)
        - This is the "premier" choline donor, as it is the most bio-available form of choline. Choline is one of the most important neurotransmitter in the central nervous system so it helps promote brain function. The recommended dose ranges between 400 mg to 1200 mg a day, so at 600 mg Man sport brought a great dosage, especially since it is a particularly expensive ingredient.
        L-Phenylanine (500 mg)
        - This ingredient is supposed to enhance your mood, relieve anxiety, and increase focus and concentration. A typical user could go for about 1000-2000 mgs a day, but a 500 mg dose should still be effective.
        N-Acteyl-L-Tyrosine (250)
        - This amino acid is a precursor of important neurotransmitters in the brain and when supplemented it has been shown to promote alertness and attention. the typical dosage is about 1 gram to 2 grams, so this seems to be quite under-dosed.
        Bacopa monniera Leaf 10:1 Extract (150 mg)
        - This ingredient has been shown to increase cognition by interacting with dopamine serotonin. The standard dosage is about 300 mgs, so yet again it is underdosed here at 150 mgs.
        SerinAid (PhosphatidylSerine (PS) enriched soybean phospholipid) (100 mg)
        - This ingredient is supposed to help the introduction of nutrients into our cells and the exit of waste outside of the cell. Supplementing with this ingredient is supposed to help reduce the mental aging process. The recommended dose ranges from 40-500 mgs a day, so at 100 mgs this is a modest dose but a sufficient one.
        AstraGIN (50 mg)
        - This ingredient is added into a variety of supplements in order to help support the absorption of the other ingredients, such as aminos and vitamins. It is here simply to help the other ingredients be adsorbed efficiently. 50 mgs is the full dose that is recommended to be taking at once, so Man sport hit the mark with this dose.
        Huperzine A (500)
        - This is used to help reduce cognitive decline, as it helps promote acetylcholine which is known as the learning neurotransmitter. A normal dose is around 50-200 mgs, so Man sport generously added this ingredient which is commonly used in many fat burners and pre workouts.
        Green Coffee Beans Standardized for 98% Natural Caffeine (yielding 122.5mg of Caffeine) (125 mg)
        - This is a natural source if caffeine. At 125 mgs, it provides a modest amount of caffeine, and as a natural source, it is supposed to provide clean energy.
        L-Theanine (200 mg)
        - This amino is supposed to support relaxation without knocking you out. It is most likely brought into this formula to help provide a calming feeling as well as balance out the caffeine. A regular dose is aroun 100 mgs to 200 mgs, so at 200 mgs Man sport hit the mark and brought an effective dose into this product.
        Theacrine (100 mg)
        - This is kind of like caffeine but you are less likely to build a tolerance to it. It is great to pair with caffeine as it helps to prevent jitters and to help your body calm down as the caffeine wears out. It is usually seen to be dosed at around 50 mg to 200 mgs.
        Lutein (20 mg)
        - This ingredient is supposed to prevent eye-disease and the recommended dose is about 10mg a day.
        Zeaxanthin (2 mg)
        - This is used also to help prevent the decline of your eyes. It is used in tandem with Lutein in many eye products and at 2 mgs it is on the mark for a fair dosage.

Okay, now that all the logistics are dealt with let's get to the aspect where this product shines the brightest: taste. I am a huge fan of sour candy and I have tried several other supplements that have tried to mimick the sour candy sour there, and I have to say that Man sport hit this flavor profile right on the head. The only flavor available is the "sour nukes" which is similar to a cherry warhead. I think it's THE best sour flavor I have tried in a supplement. It has a great tartiness with a solid cherry flavor that stays prevalent from the start to the finish. Sometimes supplements have a weird after taste but I have not experienced any of the sort with this product. I usually take a scoop with about 8 oz of water with some ice. I've noticed that it does fizz up a bit so I like to mix it up and let it sit a bit before I consume it. Man sport doesn't use any artificial coloring so it's gonna look like cloudy dishwater but that's just how it is, which is honestly not a bad thing.

I would say that it is moderately effective. For me, it didn't have enough of a kick so I have to pair it with some other stimulant but that's also because I have a high tolerance to stims. I like this as a good energy drink substitute. Instead of drinking a Red Bull or another high calorie energy drink this is a great replacement. Overall, the nootropic effect is there, it gets me tuned in and focused but it is not something that's gonna force you into gear.

I consider this a luxury item, so to me it is quite expensive for the average lifter to purchase just because it is not a necessity. On the Man sport website, the price is listed at $39.99 but I purchased it at a local supplement store for $29.99. So $30 for 20 scoops is not too bad and can average out to be cheaper than buying a regular energy drink. So, if you are someone who likes to drink energy drinks and are looking for something I bit more reasonable and much more beneficial, then I would recommend this product

Side Effects

I didn't see any bad side effects with this product. As with any stimulant supplement it might dehydrate you a bit, so you should be drinking a good amount of water with it. The only thing I would add is that this product has ingredients that can be beneficial in the long run so it can help improve your mental performance if you continue to supplement this product on the regular; not unlike a multi-vitamin.

Conclusion

Overall, I would say that this is a great nootropic powder. Man sport is a no bull company that portrays its products pretty fairly. Even though some of the ingredients are a bit under-dosed, in my opinion, it is still a great addition to anyone who likes nootropics. I would recommend this product and I plan on continuing to enjoy this sour tub of focus.

7.1
          February 28, 2018

INTRO:
          INTRO:
          Hello everyone! My name is Tim and I'm here to review this Sleep Aid formula from Blackstone labs. I am a recreational lifter who has a lot of experience with supplements, specifically sleep aids. First, I have to mention that I have had problems with sleeping in my past for a variety of reasons. I do take a lot of stim supplements through-out my day which may add to my restlessness but most of the time, when I get to bed, I am tired but I won't be able to sleep right away. Other times I may be able to sleep but I wake up sporadically which impedes the quality of my sleep. Any ways, I have tried numerous sleep aids, some of which have been sufficient but this one is by far my favorite.

INGREDIENT PROFILE:
          The first ingredient listed is: Gamma-Aminobutyric acid (3,000mg)
          - This ingreident, also known as "GABA" is a common ingredient in most sleep aids. It is one of the body's primary neurotransmitters. Supplementation with this ingredient is supposed to relax you and calm down your central nervous system. It can help with depression and anxiety which is why it is prevalent in a lot of sleep aids. Blackstone provides a whopping 3,000mg of GABA. Most people dose GABA at 250 mg and it is recommended to take this amount about 3 times a day. So in comparison, this is a very generous dose.
          Next is L-Taurine (2,200mg)
          - This is a non-essential amino acid which has been used as a supplement to treat a variety of problems. Here, it is used because it can help reduce cortisol levels and can actually help your body produce more GABA. Dosed at 2,200 mg Blackstone again is bringing in a high dosage as the max dose suggested for taurine is 3 grams a day.
          Then Phenibut (1,800mg)
          - Phenibut is like the rock star of Sleep Aids. It is a very powerful nootropic and it if you are not careful, it can become addictive if it is abused. It is also used as an anti-anxiety drug which people have actually abused in past accounts. Regardless, it fits in here beautifully and will give you a great euphoria high. It is dosed very high, so this adds to the addictive risk of the supplement.
          N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (500mg)
          - L-Tyrosine has been taken for recovery and brain function. It is supposed to help you handle stress, it is supposed to support brain function, and help your body's neural system functions. This is a high dose as it is recommended
          Valerian Root (250mg)
          - Valerian root has been known to help the body relax, calm anxiety, and help boost your mood. Here, Blackstone didn't hit the suggested dosage of between 300 to 600 mg's but it still is a great addition to their sleep formula.
          Mucuna Pruriens (100mg)
          - Okay, now for the last but not least. Mucuna is a herbal drug that has been used for a variety of purposes but it is included here because it is a great source of L-DOPA which is a precursor of dopamine. Mucuna has been noted to promote growth hormones production, which is not a bad thing for someone to take before bed as it can help with recovery and muscle growth as you sleep. The dosage is pretty low at 100 mgs which is actually kinda low as the median dose per day is about 500 mgs a day.

TASTE AND MIXABILITY:
          - The only flavor is the pineapple flavor. The first few tastes are pretty surprising as it is not exactly what you expect when you taste a pineapple flavored supplement. It has a sweet kick but it has a very mild chalky consistency. After taking it repeatedly, I actually have grown to enjoy the flavor but it is not something that i am ecstatic about. I take a full scoop even though they recommend taking 1/2 a scoop at first. For me, based on my previous experience with sleep aids and my need for sleep, one scoop is great for me. If you are new and less experienced, or are just more temperate then you should take that advice and start with half a scoop. With one scoop, at 8oz of water it is perfect for me although it does fizz up a bit. I usually mix it and let it sip or else it will be too foamy to get down.

EFFECTIVENESS:
          This is by far the best Sleep Aid I have ever taken. I take it about 30 mins before i sleep and I like to lay down a little bit after I take it. I have noticed that there is a great sensation that I receive after i use it. The best way to describe it is like the mildest Beta-Alanine tingly sensation. I'm not a fan of the high-dosed Beta-Alanine pre workouts and the tingly sensation that comes with it but I enjoy the sensation that this product supplies. That might just be an experience that I have felt but it is nice. I do feel a bit of a euphoria but the calming sensation is undeniable. It has allowed me to sleep sooner and much more deeply.

VALUE:
          This product is pretty expensive. On Blackstone's website the product goes for $49.99 but I bought it at a local supplement store for $51.00. That price, at 25 servings is pretty expensive for any supplement. It seems that good sleep aids usually go for a steep price. I would say its reasonable based off of the high dosages of the important ingredients. This is more of a luxury product, as most sleep aids are, so at that steep of a price I would only buy this if you truly have problems sleeping or if you plan on using every other day or so.

SIDE EFFECTS:
          As I have previously stated, you may develop a dependency on this product. If you buy this product, I would suggest using it every once in a while as Phenibut is very strong and highly dosed. I have noticed that if I don't take this product my sleep won't be the same, so this is something to be aware of.

CONCLUSION:
          I personally love this product, it is extremely effective as a sleep aid. The sole reason why this did not get a 10/10 is because of the price and the risk of dependency. Otherwise, I highly recommend this and this product is something that I like to keep around. I wouldn't mind shelling out the extra bucks to have something that is so effective for an important process that the human body needs (sleep).