Sycoholic

• Reputation is very low. (0)
  • Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since December, 2014
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by Sycoholic

• Variety Of Flavors
  • Not The Best Value
  • Weak Taste
  • Chalky Texture
So I've tried so many brands of protein powder I figured what's one more. I went to GNC expecting to get a tub of Syntha6 orange smoothie. Instead I bought the Muscle Milk. I like orange smoothie so much I figured I'd see if Muscle Milk has a superior taste, that and I'm a little tired of the 200 calories a scoop of the Syntha6. I supplement a lot with whey protein so the calories rack up fast.

So onto the review. It smells phenomenal. I was eagerly anticipating the taste that was associated with this aroma. Now, understand I mix all my whey with ice water. Having said that, I found the taste to be acceptable, but not a good powerful orange taste. Where the Syntha6 tastes just like an Orange Julius, the Muscle Milk seems weak and maybe like a melted orange ice cream flavor. The texture isn't great either. It's a bit chalky in consistency. This is most likely due to calcium caseinate and sodium caseinate being the top two protein ingredients. They tend to be chalky but I do think Cytosport did a great job of covering up for it. Next on the ingredient list is whey isolate. So right off the bat you see the majority of the protein content is good, high quality protein. I'm a little discouraged though at the lower than normal per scoop protein content. That the calories are 150 per scoop it's not terribly bad though.

The taste isn't horrible, the protein make-up is top notch, it's easily found even at WalMart, they have tons of flavors, the price is acceptable, and it mixes easily with a blender bottle. I haven't had one clump yet.

All in all it's a good solid protein product. I would buy it again but if taste is a huge issue I suggest you stick with or try Syntha6 by BSN.

May 29, 2013

• Great Amount Of Protein
  • Good Amino Acid Profile
  • Best Wallmart Supplement
  • Cookies N Cream!
  • Effective
  • Readily Available At Wm
  • Cheap
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter!
    I've been through all the flavors. My favorites are Chocolate Peanut Butter and Cookies and Cream. Chocolate is typical chocolate. Vanilla is ok but a bit "thin" tasting. Tastes better with milk though. (I usually mix my supplements with water). I find the Vanilla is best for recipe's. If you like a good tasting vanilla protein powder don't expect Syntha-6 flavor.. However, the other flavors are good. The new tubs are now 60grams of protein per scoop. Primarily it's Whey Concentrate, which is the lower end whey, but hence the price. For $15 for a 2lb tub you can't beat it. I'm not made of money so I can't always buy the more expensive isolate. I feel recovery is good on this product as I experience no more muscle soreness than when regularly taking other higher end priced whey protein. It mixes very well too which is a huge positive. I have several different styles of shaker bottles and it mixes well in all of them.

If you're strapped for cash don't feel ashamed of buying this. It's the same ingredient list as other higher priced products you find at GNC and other places... (regarding whey concentrate, isolate).

I also get no bloating or gas from these. I would recommend these to everybody. You can't beat it for price and quality... great value!

They have redone their products not that long ago... so some of the older reviews are really not applicable anymore.

May 29, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Strength Increase
    • Tastes Good
    • Good Workout Recovery
    • Does Not Mix Well
    • High Serving Of Sugar
    • Tries To Be Too Many Things
    What you have here is a tub of sugar that has creatine. Comparing to other brands which contain a lot of sugar this is the better, as it contains less and is 150 calories per scoop. Loading on this is hell as you're consuming a lot of calories because of the sugar, although it's better than the 6-Star that it shares the same shelf with at WM. I like it post workout because of the sugar. That's the best time really to consume this type of product. It would be a good maintenance Creatine. If you want to load then you need to use a straight creatine monohydrate. (still the industry standard) It almost mixes well. I use a shaker bottle and find I have to swish it around to get the unmixed bit swallowed. It's not gritty or disgusting so I don't mind. The Fruit Punch flavor is good too. I keep it around 6-8oz of water otherwise it tastes horrible due to being watered down (as would any product like that)I believe Body Fortress to make good quality products for the price you pay. To a degree I think you make out buying their products. Don't be discouraged because you can buy it at WalMart.