SuperGill

• Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since March, 2017

Reviews by SuperGill

May 22, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Digestion
  • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
  • Poor Quality Pouches
I will just say that this has been a review that should have come out sooner. So in short, i found out about this company after someone in some forums pointed out a list that was tested to assess the best protein (labdoors top 20 protein powders or something). Obviously the list wast exactly the best but it brought my attention to this brand that was among the top performers in that category.

One of the things that caught my attention was the simplicity of the ingredient profile. Nothing very odd and less than 5 or 6 ingredients in total. 20g of protein per 25g scoop. 100servings in 2.5kg bag. myprotein does come with stevia flavored as well as unflavored versions for those who are interested. I personally cant stand the taste of unflavored protein from my previous experience with another brand. However, if you can, the price point is good for the unflavoured version.

Mixability was pretty good. Not as good as Hydrowhey but better than ON whey. No blender ball required, just a few whisking and it should be good to go. High quality of protein. Easy to mix in both milk and water. Taste better in milk and slightly bland in water (due to the low carb content i assume). For comparisons, the chocolate smooth flavour that i got tasted quite similar to the double choc of Optimum. Dosing is simple, 1-2 scoops as as and when you require. for me i think the ideal is 1 scoop in 250-300milk but do play around. Theres about 20 flavours so there should be a flavour for everyone. i try to stick to the basic so i got chocolate smooth.

Hard to judge a protein powder based on effectiveness but it does what it is supposed to which is to increase my protein intake. Recovery time was less too. Personally prefer this over ON as ON somehow always seems to leave me with stomach issues. However, nothing of that sort with this product.

This is where i think this company triumphs. The value is one of the best around. I bought it from the official website which i think is the cheapest place to get it for some reason.. Do keep a lookout for their weekly deals.i bought the 5kg bag at about 50pounds (80usd?). A 5kg bag comes out to 200 servings. And this is whey isolate which is supposedly the most expensive type of whey. I believe the mp whey concentrate is cheaper. Hard to beat that.

Others

One con is that the bag comes in a resealable ziplock bag, which isnt my cup of tea to be honest. I can understand that the brand is trying to keep their price point low but the ziplocks bag are of poor quality. i highly recommend to have some tubs ling around so you can do the transfer.

Conclusion

Overall myprotein whey isolate seems to be an option if you are looking to get some whey isolate. Good prices, clean profile, wide variety of flavors, simple (can be improved) packaging.

August 29, 2014

Gonna try to keep this review short simple and sweet. Green Mag is basically a creatine supplement with 2 types of creatine totalling 5 g as well as some taurine and tyrosine for that extra boost. Due to the last 2 ingredients, it would be wise to use this supp as a pre workout supp.

Mixability (10/10)

No problems whatsoever when it comes to mixing. easy. couple of shakes and yup ready to drink. no left-overs or precipitates that didn't dissolve. mixing is a perfect 10. mixed in in cold water mostly.

Taste (8/10)

It comes in 1 or 2 flavours if i'm not mistaken. i had the electric lemon...

Mixability (10/10)

Taste (8/10)

It comes in 1 or 2 flavours if i'm not mistaken. i had the electric lemonade and it was good mixed in cold water. it had a smooth lemon taste that has a tinge of sourness but not overpowering. Compared to previous pre workouts (platinum pre, assault) that i had, this was much much better.

Effectiveness (9/10)

I felt consistent strength gains while taking this supplement. at one scoop results could be seen. i was setting prs on my big lifts and that was satisfying. At 2 scoops, the effects of the taurine tyrosine was much more enhanced (duh) and energy was great and lasted me for long workouts too.

Slight cons

In my opinion coloring isn't something that i like very much. I think controlled labs should do to Green Mg what they did to Orange triad by removing the coloring. I don't think people would no longer by green mag if they did that.

it is also slightly more expensive than creapure. But at 80 servings its pretty decent for a pre workout. i personally used creapure on non workout days and green mag on workout days.

February 28, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Creatine
  • Capsimax
  • Some Jitters
  • No Increased Energy
  • Strength Increase Minimal
A rather short review on this product by optimum nutrition. Before I start the review I must say I really love Optimum and their whey and creatine are staples in my stack. I was really hoping from similarly positive results from their Pre Workout or as it is called Platinum Pre. Optimum surprisingly has never made a proper pre till this one so expectations were high. The Steve Cook ad was pretty good too. After trying it, I am honestly surprised that this product has a 9.0 rating on SR.

Taste – (7/10)

Taste – (7/10)
I had the raspberry lemonade flavor which was according to most reviews, the best tasting among the 3 PP flavours. Got to say im not really a big fan of the flavor but I would find it rather harsh to judge a pre for its flavor after all its just 300ml of water etc. It had that slightly spicy taste to it too so do have some cold water nearby. Possibly due to the capsimax ingredient (some thermogenic) in it. Compared to MusclePharm raspberry lemonade (old), I would say this one is slightly better, just a little more spicy.

Effectiveness – (5/10)
I really wanted this product to work, since I was under the illusion that ON makes some of the best supps on the market and their pre would be no different. Sadly, this let me down, big time. My endurance remained the same, with or without PP. Couldn't get any tingles from the BA even at two scoops. Strength increases were close to zero. Red bull gave me more energy than this pre to be honest. I also do have to add that the only pre I took before this was mp assault then stopped pres for a month to get this. Not a stimulant person and rarely drink coffee.

Value- (6/10)
At 30+ bucks for 30 scoops, this is one of the higher priced pres on the market. I wouldn't have mind paying the premium if it worked though. Most of the time, people would need more than 1 scoop to get the effects of this so it becomes more than a dollar a serve.

Overall – (5/10)
It might not have worked for me, though I really wanted it to. I tried using it on an empty stomach, full stomach, varied the amount of water to mix with this. Diet remained constant before and during taking this so I can guarantee diet and dosing isn't the issue. The thermo in the pre did make me sweat more during my workouts I must say too.

Overall, there are other similarly priced pres that are much more effective than this. But everyone is different, so that might explain why i didn't get the fantastic results that others had gotten from this product.

February 22, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Great Recovery
  • Builds Muscle. Good Intra Or Post-workout Drink.
  • Reduced Doms
  • Tough Tub
  • Need To Be Mixed With Juice To Be Tolerable
  • Silicon Dioxide
  • No Scooper
Was looking around SR and was pretty amazed that I could not find many reviews on this product as compared to others (xtend, mbcaa, ON) so I thought ill chip in with one. Basically this is a BCAA mix with a pretty generic 2:1:1 ratio from Dymatize.

Ingredients/Profile- 6.5/10- Very very simple BCAA profile. Contains all the three bcaa in the 2:1:1 ratio. Each serving is about 5g. I say about 5 grams as it doesn't come with a scoop. Pretty basic stuff. Does not contain glutamine or electrolytes like some other bcaa mixes so it gets a 7. Also contains silicon dioxide (sand), reason being it helps prevent separation?

Taste/Mixability- 7/10- This product only comes in the unflavoured option so be prepared to taste the classic horrible BCAA powder taste. Does not mix or dissolve well using a spoon in water, much better results when shaken. Pretty horrid tasting in water so I had to use Gatorade powder to mask the taste. Well can't give this a lower than 7 for taste, it's unflavoured, that's how BCAAs taste.

Dosing-8/10- I used 5g-10g of this in Gatorade powder and well, it's pretty simple. Did not feel the need to get intra workouts so this combo became my home-made intra workout for about the whole time using it. The G powder was the source of electrolytes that the BCAA itself was lacking in. A scooper in the tub would have made life easier but I already had one from my creatine so it was easy for me. (do take note if you don't already have a 5g scooper, esp for guys new into supps).

Effectiveness- 8/10- Taking this with G powder during workouts did surely improve my workouts. I felt like my endurance improved while DOMs was decreased significantly (important esp the day after leg day). I certainly felt less fatigued while working out and never felt dehydrated. No dry mouth or anything like that. The fact that soreness and DOMS both were significantly reduced was important as it allowed me to continue to do cardio even the day after heavy squats.

Value- 10/10- For the profile, it is extremely similar to optimum nutrition BCAA 5000. Both are unflavoured. Both has 60 servings. However, Dymatize is only $19 (ON is $27) for 60 servings on bb.com before any coupons etc. One of the lowest priced decent BCAAs powder out there.
Overall-8/10- At $19 bucks for 60 servings, it's a pretty cheap BCAA powder. BCAAs are definitely not a necessity imho. Do consider mixing this in Gatorade or something like that for the extra electrolytes and the fact that it masks the horrible BCAA taste. It did help improve my workouts and if anyone is on a tight budget, i would recommend them this.

February 1, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Aids Recovery
  • Extensive Profile
  • Great Mixability
  • Effective
  • No Paba
Hey there guys it's gonna be another long-ass review from me. Today im going to be reviewing the relatively new king mass XL from RCSS which is Big Ron's very own brand. So first off I know you're only supposed to write a review after you have gone through the whole tub or in this case bag, but I don't think I would need to finish the product to gauge its effectiveness. On to the review now.

Item: KING MASS XL
Brand: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series
Category: Mass Gainer
Weight: 15lbs
Servings: 27 servings (108 scoops)
Flavour: Vanilla Ice Cream

Profile: (9/10)

First of all, i...

Item: KING MASS XL
Brand: Ronnie Coleman Signature Series
Category: Mass Gainer
Weight: 15lbs
Servings: 27 servings (108 scoops)
Flavour: Vanilla Ice Cream

Profile: (9/10)

First of all, it has 60g protein per serving which is 4 scoops,1000-1030 calories per servig, depending on the flavour. It also is low in sugar and sodium (unlike true mass 1200). Also low in sugar (15g per serving). Very similar to true mass 1200 from bsn or serious mass from optimum nutrition. Also has 7.5g of creatine per serving (not creapure, sadly). Pretty solid profiles, one of the best ive seen in a mass gainer.

Taste: (10/10)
Not really a vanilla type of person but the store I bought it from had no more stock for the chocolate flavour so had to get this. Absolutely no regrets about taking this. The moment the huge ziplock bag was opened, there was a strong vanilla scent coming out of it. Basically spelt like powdered vanilla ice cream. I have tried mixing it with both water and milk, with similar results : AWESOME TASTE. Not overpowering, not bland, just nice is how I would describe it. Taste isn't usually a deal-breaker for me, but when you have a 15lbs bag, you might wanna make sure it taste good. Taste gets a 10 no doubt.

Mixability: (10/10)
Talcum powder is how I would perfectly describe the powder. It is super fine and when it reacts with air, it flies around, something very pre workout like. Mixability is perfect, no clumps whatsoever. Mass gainers are usually loathed for being hard to mix blah blah blah. No problems with this and I never had to use a blender at all. Usually used one or two scoops at a time and it gave me no problems at all. A perfect 10 for mixability.

Dosing & Effectiveness: (10/10)
Every serving has 1000 calories. There are 108 scoops in this bag. 4 scoops per serving. 27 servings in total. 27 000 calories in the bag. I decided to use 2 scoops per day instead of 4 since I was also stacking it with pro antium. Pro antium has almost 200 calories per scoop. Usually use 1.5 to 2 scoops of pro antium, which was already providing me with 7.5g of creatine and 300-400 calories. Had to swap my pro antium with some on whey so as not to be getting too much creatine. Usually took one scoop king mass with milk together with wholemeal bread and pb, banana and a multi every morning and one more scoop with milk and yoghurt at night. Gained 7kg in a span of 2weeks. Cycled off creatine and loss 3kg. so 4kg gained using half a bag. Crazy results.

Value: (11/10)
I got this and a free pro antium 1lb bag for 54usd. 27 servings for 54usd. Or for me it was 54 servings at 54usd. A dollar for every 30g protein, 500 calories of good tasting mass gainer. Need I say more?

Other pros:
I liked the fact that RCSS used scoops instead of cups to measure every serving unlike true mass or serious mass. I would prefer the use of scoops rather than cups since I like to divide my servings at different times of the day. Using scoops also makes it easier to pour in a blender bottle.

Another pro would be the fact that unlike most mass gainers, king mass xl has low sodium content, which is good, for me at least.
Unlike serious mass, this has no PABA (parabenzoic acid) which is a major plus for me. The fact that serious mass has 5g of PABA per serving was the only reason I did not get it.

Cons:
Creatine. Im a firm believer in creapure creatine and I feel that if there is a need to put creatine in a product, it should be creapure, if not, might as well not put it. Creapure is cheap, so RCSS could decide whether to replace it with creapure or take it out completely since people might be supplementing with creatine themselves.
In conclusion:
Get this product to gain mass. One of the best mass gainers you will ever find. No ridiculous claims like some other companies. Simply does it job with zero negative side effects. Hope this review helps you guys!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Omega 3
  • No Fishy Burps
    A brief introduction of myself. I'm a student about to enter university here. I've been training for about 2 years now. I discovered SR when i needed reviews of supplements. The fact that there were no reviews of this product surprised me before i bought it and i have decided to write a review on this for all those who are interested in getting a fish oil product.

---------------------------------------------------
    Well we all know the benefits of taking fish oil and omega 3 by now so i wouldnt touch on that.

MusclePharm Fish oil is available on bb.com for about 13 to 14 dollars fo...

---------------------------------------------------

MusclePharm Fish oil is available on bb.com for about 13 to 14 dollars for 90 pills, slightly higher vs most other fish oils on bb.com . The main thing that drew me to this is the fact that it has 700mg of EPA/DHA in every 1000mg pill. Hence 70% of each pill has omega 3. On the other hand, looking at most other fish oils on the market (such as optimum, bb.com own brand etc.),they only have 300mg of EPA/DHA in each pill so only 30percent of each pill is good omega 3, the rest fillers.

Another good thing about this product is that it is has no fishy burps, which was a sign of relief. However when i opened the tub i could smell the fish oil but once it went in, there were no issues.

I took one serving (one cap) a day and one before i sleep (occasionally). This lasted me for about 2 months full.

its hard to judge a fish oil by its effectiveness but all i can say is that it did not cause any digestion issues, any fishy burps or any side effects so it should be ranked high in effectiveness.

In conclusion, MusclePharm fish oil is one of their most underrated products out that. A downside could be that it only comes in 90 Tablets and it is slighty higher priced. All in all a very solid product

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal
    • Good Recovery
    • Betaine
    • Strength Gains
    • Would Like A Creatine Free Version
    Hi there, just my second review on SR so feedback is deeply appreciated. First of all i found SR while looking for reviews of supplements. The amount of reviews really helped me in making my supplementation decisions and now i feel that its about time i help others.

Firstly, this was my 3rd tub of whey protein after Dymatize Elite WPI (rich choc) and MP Combat powder (choc milk). Still looking for the best one for my body. Was actually about to buy Optimum Gold Standard but then saw there was a real good promo for RCSS products i couldnt miss.

I took the 6lbs Double Chocolate Flavou...

I took the 6lbs Double Chocolate Flavour and wow the taste is unreal. It cant be protein. It really beats the hell out of my last 2 protein in terms of taste. Hands down the best protein in terms of taste.

Each scoop is much bigger though at 44g per scoop. It has 29 grams of protein per scoop too. This is also higher in calories than your average protein powder at 192. It was better for me as i was going on a bulk. However a downside could be the fact that is has creatine in it. I say this is a downside as firstly, most people supplement with creatine already secondly, some people might be cycling off creatine and lastly, the way this protein taste i could well do more than 3-4 scoops a day.

In terms of the effects, i can say it has made me grow bigger maybe partly due to my higher calorie intake. I also had no digestion problems while taking this protein as well as no side effects. Recovery also increased slighty which was quite pleasing.

In terms of mixabilty, i would rate it a 8.5 simple because elite whey mixed the best. However it still mixes brilliantly in water and milk with and without the blender ball.

In terms of value, i got this 6lbs at 79sgd (62usd) so i think its pretty decent tbh. it costs the same as ON here (Singapore). Basically you get what you paid for.

In conclusion, a very good tasting protein powder that also helps if youre bulking up. it is also a great meal replacement powder. very effective, great taste, mixes well, decent value, real cookies wow. Will definitely be getting this protein again. Only wish it has no creatine inside.

I also noticed that Mr Ronnie Coleman is on SR? If you are reading this, Yeaaah buddy!

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Great.
    • Great Bcaa Profile
    • Low Carb
    • Rich Choc Too Diluted
    I have used SR for reading up on reviews of products for 2-3 years now and it has been my go to guide for reviews. This was my very first protein powder after it was recommended to me by a friend. It has a very strong profile, very similar to that of gold standard whey. It has 25g of protein in a scoop of 32g, low in sugar and fat as well as 5-6 grams of bcaas.

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10
    In terms of the effects, protein is protein so its hard to say. But I had no issues taking this whatsoever and had no digestion issues, which could be due to their added digestive enzyme. In terms of recovery, I can surely say that this product has helped in my recovery and I was now able to train 5 times a week, instead of the usual 2-3. It also made me feel less sore at night. A very effective product, hard to rate it below 9.

PRICE- 9/10
    For the price, it is one of the best, if not the best on the market. On par with the gold standard, and cheaper. The new and improved version also has 1g more of protein vs ON per scoop. Doesn't seem much at first, but after one tub (71 servings), its about 3 scoops more of protein. For the price, its unbeatable.

DOSING & MIXABILITY – 10/10

Being a whey protein isolate, I usually took 1-2 scoops post workout with water sometimes milk. In terms of mixability in both milk and water I'd say I've never seen anything that dissolves as well. There was no need to use a blender bottle too, simply superb .
    TASTE – 7/10
    Here is where I feel there could be improvements by Dymatize. I took the Rich Choc flavour and somehow it tasted very diluted and artificial. In skimmed milk it was better but then there was no point of getting a WPI if I mixed it with milk, imo. However I tried my friend's Café Mocha and it tasted like Starbucks coffee tbh. So if you're gonna get this protein, go for Café Mocha.

Overall - 8

Overall a very solid WPI in my opinion. ON better be watching its back.