Stevenz

• Low community participation

TROPHY CASE

Try Requests

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. Stevenz will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 350 days.

Reviews by Stevenz

October 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Immune Complex
  • Joint Complex
  • Everything In One
  • No Food Coloring In Some Versions!
  • Split Dosing
  • Prop Blends

This product is an all in one multivitamin that would make a great addition to anyone's stack for overall health support.

This product peaked my interest due to the "all-in-one" attitude. I was not expecting much from the joint and immune complexes but I did want to try them out since I never had before. I had heard good things about glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM and thought this would be a good way to test the waters since I was in a market for a new multi anyway. One disappointment is the fact that I'm their complexes they do use proprietary blends instead of disclosing exact amounts of the ingredients.

I realize there have been many, many reviews done on this product so I am going to break down the unique ingredients that you don't see every day in a multi.

Molybdenum (50mcg)- This is an essential element that is found in very small amounts within most living beings. It is known to act as a catalyst for many reactions such as the breakdown of amino acids and the metabolism of fat. The RDA for this element is 45mcg so orange triad actually completes this with its dose of 50mcg.

Vanadium (10mcg)- This element mainly facilitates the bodies metabolism of blood glucose. There is no RDA on this element but the upper limit is set for 1.8 mg per day and we are way below that with the dose so no worries about toxicity.

Boron (500mcg)- Boron is used for many aspects within the body that are helpful to athletes. Some of these include strong bones, balancing hormones, healthy joints, and better nutrient absorption (Ca, Mg, Ph). There is no RDA for boron and requirements range from 1-6mg per day.

Joint complex (2000mg prop blend)

Glucosamine sulfate- This compound is used to slow the breakdown of collagen within joints. It has been found to help relieve symptoms of osteoporosis. In most studies 500mg was used 3 times a day. Due to this being a proprietary blend we cannot know exactly how much is in here.

Chondrotitin sulfate- This is commonly paired with Glucosamine because it acts on the same symptoms of joint pain and stiffness. The daily dosage should be around 1000-1200mg per day but, again, due to the prop blend we cannot know the exact dosage. Both Chondrotitin and Glucosamine are most likely not within these ranges or they are on the low end but it is still a great addition to the vitamin as it dosnt hurt anything.

Flex Complex (1550mg prop blend)

MSM- This compound is taken for joint pain also but it is taken for anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects too. The standard dosage is from 2000-3000 mg daily so this is not dosed fully within Orange Triad.

Bromelain- This is an enzyme that can digest protein. It can be digested by the stomach and affect the blood and whole body. Many studies have used bromelain as an anti-inflammatory agent so i believe this is why they put it in Orange Triad. It does have a lot of other benefits from immune system protection, anti-cancer properties, to reducing congestion. The dosage on bromelain is 90-100mg twice daily so this very well may be up to this standard.

Hyaluronic Acid- This compound has many healing properties and is used in medicine for treating the healing of ulcers and burns. There is some evidence that it can help with the healing and fluidity of joints but it is usually injected. The molecule is very large and due to this it is hard for the body to absorb it through the small intestine.

The taste and mix ability on this product are null due to it being in tablet form. The dosing on this product is a split dose of 3 tablets taken twice a day. So this could be 3 at breakfast and 3 at dinner, which is what I did. The split dosing was a little bit of a nuisance and there were a few days where I would forget the second dose. The tablets are of average size and most people shouldn't have a problem getting them down.

The effectiveness of this product was good for me. It is often hard to measure effectiveness with a supplement like a multivitamin but I feel the joint and immune complex did work for me personally.

When combined with the oximega fish oil my mild shoulder soreness did go away completely. I did start the fish oil first and I noticed a decrease in the soreness but when started both the fish oil and orange triad it went away. With this being said, I have never previously had a major injury with it. I do not believe this would be as effective for serious pain or a truly injured joint.

I was skeptical about the immune complex because I had never taken anything like that before but I believe it did make a difference for me. I would usually get sick when others around me got sick but while on this i didn't seem to. My girlfriend got sick twice and I normally catch stuff from her. Both times my throat got scratchy for a day and then I was fine.

There is also a digestion complex but I did not notice any differences here. I am mildly lactose intolerant and find it hard to stay away from all milk products so I deal with random stomach aches some days. These did not change at all but I did not expect them to due to it being an allergy. Even tough this did not product any noticeable changes for me it was still nice to have it in there.

The value of this product is good. The price point at All Star Health is $24.89 for 270 tablets. At 6 tabs a serving this gives us 40 servings which equates to around 55 cents per serving. This may be high for your run-of-the-mill multi but this multi has much more than is beneficial to athletes.

Side Effects

The only side effect that i had was a bright yellow pee; this is from the B vitamins and is noted with most multis.

Conclusion

This is a great multivitamin for overall health and has added benefits that most multis don't cover. This would be a product that anybody, even non-athletes, could benefit from.

October 12, 2018

• Low Carb
  • Uses Artificial Sweeteners
  • Overly Sweet At Times
  • Use Artificial Flavors

This product is a whole food meal replacement product used to increase protein intake without any dairy.

This protein powder really interested me due to it being a "whole food" product. RedCon1 based this protein with beef, chicken, salmon, egg, rice, and pea protein instead of the usual dairy derived. This interested me due to me being lactose intolerant. Usually I use a whey product and deal with the stomach issues but this offered me something different.

The full ingredient profile will be posted down below in the p...

The full ingredient profile will be posted down below in the pictures.
This product contains several different protein sources including beef, salmon, chicken, egg, rice, and pea. Other ingredients include MCT oil and coconut water. MCT oil is a fatty acid (Medium Chain Triglyceride) that is contained in coconuts. MCT oil is a unique molecule because it does not act like most fats. MCT oil is quickly absorbed by the stomach and transported into the liver so it can be immediately used for energy. Due to this it is not likely to be directly stored as fat and can be a great tool in weight loss. It also has a slough of other health benefits including better cognitive function, lowering blood sugar, and lowering cholesterol.

The macros on this product are:[\u]
24 grams protein
4 grams carbohydrates (2g sugar, 1g fiber)
2 grams fat (<1g Saturated)

The taste and mixability on this product were the best I've had so far. I had the blueberry cobbler flavor and it was very true to this. This flavor tasted like your grandmas blueberry pie. The mixability is good on this also. With a shaker bottle and whisk it will shake and not have any clumps. If you use the recommended amount of water, 4-6 fl oz, it will be the consistency of a milkshake. The only complaint that I would have is that sometimes it can be overpoweringly sweet. This may be due to it being a desert flavor but some days after a workout that sweetness is almost too much.

I dosed this product with 1 serving, which is 29 grams, post workout. The container says you can use it up to 3 times per day to increase protein intake.

The effectiveness of this product is good. I did not notice any exceedingly better or worse recovery while taking this versus other protein powders. I use protein powders as a true supplement post workout to my diet so i try to keep my protein intake high through food also. Due to this i do not have a drastic change in recovery between different protein powders that ive tried. With this being said my recovery while on this was still very good. I truly felt i could push myself and come back the next day all over again.

MRE Lite did have a good filling effect on me. I usually workout in the morning after breakfast so i will have this shake after i workout and then i dont eat until lunch. It did keep me full during this time and there were many times i ate lunch because i know i needed to and not because i was hungry. This is a positive for me and may be definitely useful for people looking to restrict calories on a cut.

This product is designed for people that want the profile of protein behind the original MRE but without all of the carbs and fat. It would be perfect for people on a lean bulk or looking to cut some body fat. The macros on it are good and should be easy for most people to fit into a dietary plan.

The value with this product is tricky. It is 44.99 for 30 servings through Redcon1 but they are constantly running deals of around 20% or more. This puts the price at $36 or 1.20/serving. Every once in a while deals go around 50% or BOGO. This is defiantly worth the money when sales are going on but I would be hesitant at full price. The value is also in the fact that it is a truly unique product. There are not many dairy free, whole food protein powders like this on the market.

Side Effects

I didn't have any side effects.

Conclusion

This product is a great option for someone looking for a low-carb meal replacement or a person who is lactose intolerant and wants to try something new. The price point may be steep but if you give it some time and keep an eye out Redcon1 runs deals often. To me this a great buy and i have loved a quality protein that tastes good and dosnt upset my stomach at all. I will definitely purchase this product again when in the market for a protein.

October 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Focus
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Good Dosages
  • Can Be Used In Many Ways
  • Expensive To Some
  • Price Is A Bit High

Transparent Labs Stim-Free is a well rounded, fully disclosed pre workout that i believe everyone should try that enjoys going stim free.

I bought this product to begin with to try a Non-Stim preworkout. All other previous preworkouts i had used were stim based. We had a conversation in my cardiology class about caffeine and stimulants which peaked my interest in trying a Non-Stim for once. I really debated on it due to the pricing, $49 for 30 servings, but i am glad that i did. With Transparent labs they are true to their name with full transparency. They even include the exact amount of stevia, flavoring, etc within their product. This is an aspect i have never seen before. One aspect that some may care about is the packaging. The company has stopped using tubs and has switched to bags (picture below). This can be somewhat of a nuisance when at the end of the bag you are trying to dig out the last serving or 2. To fix this though you could save the tub of another sup and just pour it into the old tub.

L-Citrulline Malate 2:1 (6,000 mg)- This is a combination of the non-essential amino acid and malic acid. The L-citrulline will be converted into L-arginine in the kidneys which will then help to dilate the blood vessels and increase nutrient flow to the muscles. Due to this it will enhance the activation of the creatine and also the BCAAs with being funneled into the muscle for energy and protein synthesis. With this 2:1 ratio you are getting 4 grams of L-citrulline and 2 grams of malic acid. Malic acid plays a role in the Krebs cycle which promotes ATP (energy) production. These two ingredients together will increase the production of energy and will promote the removal of waste products from exercise like ammonia, carbon dioxide, lactic acid.

BCAA 2:1:1 (4,000 mg)- The BCAAs used in this product are of a 2:1:1 ratio. This means we are receiving 2 grams of Leucine, 1 gram Isoleucine, and 1 gram Valine. These amino acids will be used as energy during the workout and the leucine will be used to kick start muscle protein synthesis. These amino acids may also help to keep your body from going into a catabolic state during the workout especially if you train fasted.

Beta-Alanine (4,000 mg)- This amino acid is one of two building blocks that make up carnosine. Carnosine is an important buffering agent that helps fight to maintain a balance of muscle acid. This lactic acid buildup is what causes the burning sensation during exercise. Carnosine levels quickly plummet when exercise is intense. Beta-alanine ultimately slows down muscle fatigue.

Creatine HCL (3,000 mg)- Creatine has many benefits like the ingredients above. It helps with ATP formation by recycling and donating a phosphate to ADP to make ATP. This increases energy stores. Creatine also helps to buffer the pH levels in muscle like carnosine does. This form of creatine has a hydrocloride bonded to it which makes it soluble in water and also increases absorption in the body.

BetaPure Betaine Anhydrous (2,500 mg)- Betaine is a compound that is found in beets and also within our body. This compound has good synergy with creatine. This is because it improves natural creatine producting by being a carbon donor in a reaction to produce methionine. While methionine is used for creatine production it also increases muscle protein synthesis so betaine improves that as well. There is also new studies saying that it promotes a rise in HGH and IGF-1.

Taurine (1,300 mg)- This is a compound that is in most energy drinks and is known to have a lot of benefits. It is a good antioxidant compound in which it can help to promote health all over the body. It has been shown to particularly promote good cardiovascular health in which it can protect heart cells from damage and even prevent atherosclerosis (hardening, narrowing of the blood vessels due to plaque)

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (600 mg)- This ingredient is L-Tyrosine with acetyl group attached which allows the molecule to cross into the brain. Tyrosine is an amino acid that can be converted in the body readily into L-Dopa and then dopamine to increase mood. This has not been able to be proven for oral intake though. L-Tyrosine has been found to have an anti-stress factor for the body when put into physically stressing situations. This is because it increases the catacholamine known as noradrenaline, which buffer for stress in the body.

Choline Bitartrate (500 mg)- Choline is used for the cognitive side of the product. Choline is used within the synthesis of new DNA but also in the production of acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that aids in the delivery of signals between nerves.

Mucuna Prurians 98% L-Dopa (70 mg)- This is an interesting ingrediant to put in a preworkout. This is a species of bean that grows in the tropics and is known to have high levels of Levadopa. L-Dopa when ingested can cross the blood-brain barrier and is directly converted into dopamine. Dopamine will help to provide a euphoric feeling and will also lower prolactin levels. This may seem like a low dosage of Mucuna but they standardized it to 98% which means we are getting almost all of it L-Dopa.

L-Norvaline (60 mg)- This compound provides the 1,2 punch for nitric oxide. While other ingridents work to raise nitric oxide this ingredient prevents you body from stopping NO production. The body will naturally cease NO production through an enzyme called arginase. While arginase limits NO production L-Norvaline inhibits arginase which forces your body to continue production.

BioPerine (5 mg)- Everyones favorite absorption agent

The taste of this product was good considering it was sweetened naturally. I do LOVE the fact that they went with stevia for a natural sweetener but you cannot expect it to taste like pie. I had the green apple flavor and it was very tart. This went along great with the flavor though since green apple is already tart normally. The mixability was great considering it contained amino acids. Aminos are hydrophobic compounds so they do not like to mix with water well. This could be seen with floaters here and there but nothing serious. I even mixed this product several times with a glass and spoon with no problems at all.

L-Citrulline- Recommend: 6,000-8,000 mg / Product: 6,000 mg
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: 500-2,000mg / 600mg
Choline Bitartrate: 250-500mg / 500mg
Mucuna Pruriens: 250-5,000mg / 70mg
L-Norvaline: 2-5 g / 60mg

As you can most of the ingredients in Stim Free are dosed within clinical dosages. There are a few that are lower than recommended dosages but i believe these may be for reason. High dosages of L-Dopa can show negative side effects such as heart arrythmias. High dosages of L-Norvaline can bottom out a persons blood pressure. While i wish these were a little bit closer to clinical values i understand the risks putting these into a supplement in which some consumers may not research these effects.

One scoop of this preworkout is 24.82 grams of product. Transparent Labs advises that you take this 20-30 minutes before your workout with 6-8fl oz of water. I took this product by mixing it up and drinking it over the course of about 30 minutes before i worked out. I felt that the effects were better when i drank this slower and did not chug it real quick. Also the flavor was a lot stronger when mixed with 6-8 fl oz so i did more around 12 fl oz to make it taste better for me personally.

Energy- I did feel very energized while taking this product which surprised me since it didn't have any stimulants. The difference is that this was a very clean, controlled energy. If you are used to stimulants than this product will not give you the same energy that those do. I did not take this product and have a raging energy burst. It comes on slower but it also lasts longer with absolutely no crash.

Focus- The focus on this product was amazing for me. I usually workout in the morning and go to school soon. On most days i would continue to have a very focused and motivated mood in school throughout the day after taking this. The sensation wasn't a "tunnel vision" feel but it did make it easier to not wander off in thought or get distracted. This was an aspect that really surprised me and provides benefits outside of just muscle building and exercise.

Pump- The pumps on this product were there but they really showed while doing high volume. When training with high volume the pumps were incredible and felt great but you definitely had to earn them. This was not a product that gave you a pump with little effort. The pumps that i got stayed with me longer than i usual get. Im not sure whether this was the product itself that did this or the fact that i could push myself for the extra reps.

The value on this product did seem to be lacking to me at first. It is 49$ for 30 serving. I do wish it was cheaper than this but after looking at buying individual ingredients and making my own preworkout i do see why it is this price. At the end of the day it is expensive but it is worth a definite try. I am willing to pay the extra money to get a natural preworkout that benefits me as much as this one does.

Side Effects

Only side effect was the itches from the beat-alanine. It should go away after repeated use.

Conclusion

At the end of the day this product worked wonderful for me and is my new favorite preworkout. I will be buying another bag of this and would recommend it to anybody interested in a non stimulant preworkout. The price point may be high for a supplement at 1.63/ serving but i will fork over the extra change for a natural, well dosed product. Unfortunately this is not widely available and you mostly have to buy from Transparentlabs.com. They will rarely run a promotion for 10 or 15% off so keep an eye out if you are interested.

October 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent
  • Cheap
  • Deep Sleep

Z-Elite by RSP is an effective sleep aid/hormone support product that can be found for around .30 cents or less per serving.

I ventured into trying this product because I had ran out of my previous ZMA and I liked the fact that this contains melatonin. I was not sure how I would react to melatonin but had a very present experience after my first bottle. I bought this product months ago for a great BOGO deal and it definitely provides a unique ZMA experience.

The ingredients of this product are the standard ZMA (zinc, ma...

The ingredients of this product are the standard ZMA (zinc, magnesium, vitamin B6) with added melatonin and vitamin D.

Vitamin D3 (200 IU): Testosterone support

Vitamin B6 (12mg): Mood & energy

Magnesium (425mg): Metabolism & sleep support

Zinc (35mg): Testosterone support

Melatonin (3g): Hormone released by the body when exposed to darkness and helps to promote a deep REM sleep.

Taste and mixability are not an issue since these are capsules. 1 serving is 3 average size caps. The usual dosage for ZMA is around 30mg zinc, 450mg of magnesium, and 10-11 mg of B6. The dosing in this product is close to this, with zinc and B6 being a little higher and magnesium being just 25mg lower.

My first reaction to the effectiveness was that I didn't fall asleep any different than before but I did have a better quality sleep. It didn't "knock me out" like many other people feel with melatonin but once I was asleep I had a great night sleep and had very vivid dreams. These dreams were pleasant and I have actually grown a liking to them. I did wake up feeling much more refreshed than I did before starting this.

Z-Elite stated to take 3 capsules (for men, 2 for women) on an empty stomach around 30-60 minutes before bed. I did follow this regimen and noticed a better effect if staying off electronics after taking the product. This I believe is due to blue light inhibiting your pineal glands from secreting more natural melatonin.

The value is where Z-Elite shines bright. It retails on bodybuilding.com for $17.97 for 60 servings. This is a great price to begin with but if you wait they often run BOGO on this product which means 120 servings for under 20 dollars. This is an AMAZING deal!

Side Effects

No negative side effects. I did experience vivid dreams some nights but this was acualy pleasant to me.

Conclusion

Final thoughts on Z-Elite is that it is a solid product for a cheap price. I would have liked to see more D3 in here since they put it in to begin with but that is just a bonus so I can't complain. The melatonin was a great idea to add in here since ZMA is already a "sleep aid". I do wish it helped me to fall asleep more than it did but this may just be my personal reaction with melatonin since i have never taken it before this.
    *While this product does claim to support testosterone this is not a formulated test booster. Some people may notice a slight difference if they are vitamin D or zinc deficient.

October 7, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Swallow
    • Higher Epa/dha Concentration
    • Contaminent Free
    • Fish Burps
    • Mild Stomach Discomfort

Oximega Fish Oil is a good, high quality fish oil but still comes with the usual fish oil burps.

Oximega peaked my interest during a BOGO promotion. I had taken a normal fish oil supplement from a retail store but I had never invested in a quality fish oil until Oxi. I like the fact that they were tested to be free of heavy metals and that they were also enteric coated to minimize fish burps. I still did have fish burps 50% of the time after taking them but I do believe the overall benefits of fish oil outweigh this.

To...

Total Omega-3s: 2000mg

-EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid): 800mg
    -EPA is the more important of the two omega 3s when it comes to reducing inflammation. This is because it inhibits the enzyme D5D which produces arachidonic acid. AA can be converted into eicosanoids which are the main facilitator of cell inflammation.

-DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid): 400mg
    -DHA is especially beneficial for nerve cells due to its large molecular size. The size of DHA is bigger than EPA. This means that when entered into the cell membrane it increases fluid. This is acualy beneficial for cells and aids in transport and transmitting of critical components/impulses.

-Mixed: 800mg

Dosing with fish oil is still up in the air medically, with some people recommending 500mg-1000mg of EPA+DHA. I do believe Oximega provides a good quality and also good quantity on this product. The serving size is 2 pills.

The total effectiveness of this product is hard to measure due to its long term benefits. Fish oil does have a huge amount of studied benefits from cardiovascular to joint repair and even cognitive. One aspect I did notice was my mild shoulder pain seemed better than usual. I don't have any serious issues, just a soreness after heavy lifting. This did decrease after a couple days of taking oximega and completely went away when I paired Oxymega with Orange Triad.

The value on this product I believe is good. The price point is $17.99 on bodybuilding.com and can be found a couple dollars cheaper on other sites. BB frequently runs BOGO or BOGO50% so this that would be a good chance to pick this up at better value. Even at full price though it runs around 30 cents/serving.

Side Effects

This product, even with enteric coating, caused fish burps. Also it caused some bowel issues for the first couple days but then seemed to get better and i havnt had any issues since.

Conclusion

Overall I would recommend this product to anyone looking to improve health and especially to people who don't get much fatty fish into their diet. The downside of fish oil burps are still here for me but that will not stop me from buying again.

October 6, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • No Artificial Dyes
    • Better Recovery
    • Prop Blend
    • Artificial Sweetener

This product is a "concentrated" form of EAAs without artificial dyes that does show promise, but at a pricey cost.

I am 22 years old and stay in fitness for the plethora of overall health reasons. I bought this product as my first EAA product. I did a lot of research about EAAs and decided i would like to try one. This stood out to me due to my background in the medical field and all the medical research associated with it and Dr. Robert Wolfe. The claim with to this product is that it is 32x more effective at facilitating muscle protein synthesis than BCAAs and is 3x more effective than whey. The first impression is good. The powder is a very fine white powder that mixes well and has a strong sweet flavor. Through the whole container i never had any problem with stomach issues or any other negative effects with this product.

This product includes a 3.6 gram proprietary blend of BCAA/EAA. While this seems like a low dose the company claims that this is the "perfect ratio" and is backed by "24 human studies and 40 years of medical research." The macros contain 1g of carbs and 4g of protein for a total of 20 calories.

L-Leucine: Muscle protein synthesis
    L-Lysine HCl: Muscle protein synthesis/ Immune system
    L-Valine: Muscle protein synthesis
    L-Isoleucine: Muscle protein synthesis
    L-Arginine: Boosts NO levels and promotes GH/muscle building
    L-Threonine: Promotes protein balancing
    L-Phenylalanine: Cognitive benefits/ dopamine production
    L-Methionine: supports healthy fat metabolism
    L-Histidine: Digestion
    L-Tryptohan: Synthesis of serotonin

The flavor i had was Kona Dragon fruit and i would definitely like to see more flavoring like this. The flavor was a tropical taste and had a strong sweetness. This is most likely due to the use of artificial sweeteners ( Sucralose, Acesulfame potassium). The mixability was very good for an EAA product. There were a few floaters but this will always be the case with a good EAA due to amino acids being hydrophobic. The dosing is where this product lacks the punch. There is only 3.6 grams of a proprietary EAA/BCAA blend in 1 serving of REAAL. This is not a large dosage but it does claim to be the best ratio.

The effectiveness of this product could be seen slightly with a decrease in DOMS. I would take this product before bed to supply aminos as i rest and intra-workout. When i would take this before bed i did notice a decrease in muscle soreness and due to this i could push myself more in the gym than without. The soreness was still present some days though.

Currently this product sells on reaalmuscle.com for $43.99/30 servings. Sales can sometimes be caught that bring it down to around $35. This means at full price you are paying around $1.50/serving. This is pretty steep for an EAA product when you can get many others for around $1/serving that have higher dosing also.

Side Effects

No side effects were seen

Conclusion

The final verdict on this product is decent. The product does have unique qualities such as being artificial dye free but it feels like it is lacking for what the price tag is. At 1.50/serving it is an expensive product that many people may look over. While it contains all EAA/BCAAs it does feel like we dont get as much with this as with other products. At the end of the day this product does perform well, if you are willing to fork over more cash than with other EAAs.