Sparticide

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online 3 months ago
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Sparticide

Overall
Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
  November 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Booster
  • Solid As A Rock
  • Increase Desire
  • More Frequent Erections
  • Blend

Launch Sequence from Loud Muscle Science is a libido booster that has been met with some controversy here on SR, with varying degrees of side effects. However the one thing that nobody will deny is that it is HIGHLY effective. What follows is my experience with the product.

Before I begin I'd like to thank Loud Muscle Science for the opportunity to try their product through the TROOP program; this is my very first TROOP review and boy did I pick a hell of a way to start things off. My Launch Sequence if you will.

It's important to note that I'...

It's important to note that I'm in my late 20's, do not have any persistent issues with my virility, and therefore am not using this product to fix a problem. However I've never used a libido booster before and curiosity got the best of me.

So this thing has a prop blend which is always a bummer, but as we'll see in the effectiveness section this gets a pass from me.

Each serving consists of 2 pills, and there are a total of 30 servings in a bottle.

1560mg:
For sexual health and strength: Tongkat Ali
For treating low libido: Horny goat weed
For increased libido: Tribulus terrestris
For treating erectile disfunction: Yohimbe bark
For boosting testosterone and treating stress: Ashwagandha
For hormonal balance: Maca
For L Dopa which has numerous benefits: Mucuna pruriens
For sexual interest (aphrodisiac): Muira puama
For fighting stress and fatigue: Rhodiola rosea extract.

Based on a surface comparison these are all ingredients that you'd expect to find in test boosters, libido boosters, and other types of male hormonal health products.

Pills, so no taste or mixability issues.

I took 2 each day with a meal, typically in the afternoon.

WELL. My libido is already pretty good but this took me back to high school levels. The positives of this are precisely what I had come to expect given the other reviews thus far:

Random boners for days
Feeling more alive
Better performance
Intense ejaculation
The stiffest morning wood I've had in a while
I even got a small strength boost while running this, not enough to make it a selling point but it was cool

These effects would kick in within 1-3 hours.
I had to wear tighter underwear to keep things from getting awkward when I'd be out and about.
After trying this out for a while I determined that the effects last for a few days after you stop taking it so one can make the bottle last quite some time by taking more breaks and saving this for when you need it.

So $90, or $3/serving, is a tough sell. It's the best I can find for a full container currently and the price for lower serving counts is even worse.

However I don't think most people will need to take this every day. I can't speak for the older crowd but now that I've tested this out for a while I can say that I'll only be taking this when I know I'll need it.

Side Effects

Early on in my run I was experiencing tightness in my legs, which I initially attributed to this product. However after taking a break the problem never resurfaced so I am relieved to report no side effects on this one.

The only reason I bother to mention it is as an update to anyone who saw my original draft of this review.

Conclusion

I can't compare this to other products of its kind since its my first one, but if you're looking for a sure thing this is definitely the one.

It would be an easier recommendation if this product were closer to $60 ($2/serving) but if you need a product like this then it would be accurate to say its worth it.

Overall
Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  November 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient Packaging
  • Clinically Dosed Ingredients
  • Decreased Bloating
  • Enhances Definition
  • Easy To Stack
  • Burns Fat
  • No Jitters
  • Stimulant Free
  • Slightly Expensive

Neco-Adipem by Torem is a stimulant free, non-thermogenic fat burner. This is probably the easiest fat burner to fit into whatever stack you're running,

Firstly I'd like to thank Torem for their participation in the TROOP program and for providing me the opportunity to try out their product.

I've used fat burners in the past, but they've always been either a stimulant or have been thermogenic. The upside to this is that you can typically tell that it's working, however these effects may not be desirable all the time. Neco-Adipem promises to yield the same benefits without the interference of jittery energy and/or sweating. Luckily it seems they were successful as my results were consistent with a 30-day run of a good burner product.

They've included a plethora of patented ingredients for consumer peace of mind and effectiveness.

For reduced glucose absorption: Inno SlimTM (250mg)
For enhanced exercise performance: Actigin (25 mg)
For boosting metabolism and increased fat burn during exercise: Green Tea Extract (250 mg)
For appetite control, mood, and reducing storage of fat: Garcinia Cambogia (100mg)
For enhanced performance and fat burning: Advantra Z (50 mg)
For using more of your fat for energy: Capsimax (50 mg)

The above is 1 serving. Since this is designed to be taken twice a day the two servings add up to clinically effective dosing.

Other than the green tea I had no experience with the above ingredients, but based on my findings I was optimistic.

Pills, so no taste and nothing to mix.

I took this as instructed (2 pills with breakfast and 2 pills with dinner) for 30 consecutive days while maintaining a daily calorie deficit of 200-300.

The only section that really matters, does this stuff even work?

After about a week on this product I began to notice some changes.

Control of my appetite is the benefit I value most going into a fat burner run and was happy to experience it here. It wasn't as dramatic as the suppression I got while running Myokem's Thyrovate but it was adequate and felt natural; I had no problem sticking to my meal plan.

By the end of this run I definitely had a leaner look and feel, nothing dramatic but enough for people I see regularly to notice. I have a scale which gives me measurements of my body fat, water weight, and a few other things in addition to my bodyweight. This should be taken with a few grains of salt, but according to my scale my BF% went down from 13% to 11% over my 30 days on this product. This was accompanied by a modest 3 lbs drop in bodyweight, which is fine since weight loss wasn't my focus.

The other benefits were most observable when I played basketball. Neco-Adipem contains a blend of ingredients that promises to boost athletic performance and improve use of fat stores for energy; my movements felt smoother and more efficient, if only a little bit, and I consistently had the energy to play longer without getting tired. This matches up to the promise of its ingredients.

MSRP for this is $48, or $1.60/day, which is slightly above the $40-45 I normally see for higher end fat burners. This is easily explained by the number of patented ingredients involved as well as the nice packaging they use. Each serving is individually packed; this didn't mean much for me but for someone who travels regularly this could be a game changer.

Side Effects

None to report here.

Conclusion

Neco Adipem is a very good fat burner. You pay a small premium for patented ingredients but given their efficacy the value here is reasonable.

If money isn't tight and you want a stim-free burner without increased sweating, there are definitely results to be had here.

September 20, 2018

• Good Recovery
  • Tastes Good
  • Would Like To See Hydration Formula In The Future

Cluster Bomb from Redcon1 is a carbohydrate supplement that uses HBCD (Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin) to supply quick energy so you can keep going and/or for recovery.

Sometimes I just don't have the energy to do my whole workout as planned. I used to think that this was the sign of an "off day" and would just wrap up early. Since those days I've learned that there is a "cure" for this feeling and that it

30 servings of 25g of HBCD (as Cluster Dextrin). That's it.

This is a carbohydrate produced from a waxy corn s...

30 servings of 25g of HBCD (as Cluster Dextrin). That's it.

This is a carbohydrate produced from a waxy corn starch via cyclization reaction from a branched enzyme. This results in a very fast GET (gastric emptying time), which means it can be used for energy much more quickly compared to other popular carbs like maltodextrin and dextrose.

This GET also means it won't give you that "carb bloat" and it can also theoretically pull other nutrients like protein along with it. I haven't found any studies confirming that "pulling" claim but I'll happily link it in a future update if I come across any.

As much as I enjoy the flexibility of a single ingredient product, I feel like this could have benefitted greatly from some sort of electrolyte/hydration blend.

I've only tried the Grape flavor so far; its strong enough to be convincingly grape but weak enough that I never got tired of it. I don't plan on trying the other flavor because I enjoy Grape so much, though now that they have Unflavored that could be useful for creating more interesting combinations.

The mixability is pretty good considering its a carbohydrate supplement. A shaker is definitely the easiest way but stirring has been all right for me.

I tried a number of dosing schemes and landed on the following:

1 scoop pre and 1 scoop post for endurance training.
1-2 scoops intra for high intensity training, generally after my warmup sets. The number of scoops is determined by the quality of my pre workout meal and/or how I feel that day.

The product works. I got the energy and lack of carb bloat that I paid for.

When taken pre workout it helped me start strong and maintain my energy throughout. This is harder to gauge when I took this while already feeling good, so I tested it with a session on the rowing machine. If I go at a leisurely pace I can row for quite some time, but at an aggressive pace I generally need a break after 1500 meters. When I started off with this I was able to get an extra 1000 meters before hitting that point. As this was my first test of the product I was ecstatic to use it again.

When I took this as an intra it functioned as a second wind in a bottle; on lifting days this means an extra set or two. I naturally feel a need to hydrate after my first two or three sets so I would just pound down 1 or 2 scoops of this and my muscles would feel fresh by the time I hit the next set.

As a post workout this is a perfect companion to whey protein for recovery as this restores muscle glycogen without delay.

MSRP on this is $39.99, though Redcon1 has discounts available ALL the time. It's also available on Amazon for $32.

HBCD is known to be a fairly expensive ingredient, though this is one of the more reasonably priced offerings.

One thing I'd really like to see RC1 do is offer a larger tub size for this (as they have done for Grunt, their EAA) as this would likely allow them to offer a more competitive price per serving.

Side Effects

No adverse side effects.

Conclusion

This product makes good on its claims and it never felt like a waste.

A hydration blend and a larger tub size could push this to be the best carb supplement in the game, but in the mean time its still a top competitor.

If you have yet to try HBCD then grabbing this with a discount code is a great place to start.

September 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Delicious
  • Great Way To Treat Yourself

Iso-Cream from Blackstone Labs is protein ice cream. Protein. Ice cream.

Needless to say when I first heard about this I was a bit more than intrigued, but until recently I never thought I'd actually order it.

I've been taking care of my grandma for the past few months and one of the difficulties has been getting her to eat adequate protein. Her appetite isn't what it used to be and its affecting other aspects of her life. But one thing she's always able to consume with ease is ice cream!

I was thinking about this problem a few weeks ago a...

Iso-Cream from Blackstone Labs is protein ice cream. Protein. Ice cream.

I was thinking about this problem a few weeks ago and remembered that Iso-Cream exists; I then noticed that this has yet to be reviewed here on SR.
I've never had a better excuse to order a luxury product like this so I placed the order promptly.

The packaging was thorough and probably could've survived an extra few days or maybe even a week in the mail without dropping a degree in temperature, so for those who have considered ordering this but worried about it arriving melted rest assured that is HIGHLY unlikely.

Each container is a pint containing 255g of ice cream, which the label suggests consuming as either 1 serving or as 3 servings.
My grandma would typically need to take a couple breaks working through a pint so she landed on 3 servings naturally. I however had no trouble killing a tub in a few minutes, not that I was in any hurry but this stuff is DELICIOUS.

Here are the macros for the Double Chocolate Chip flavor:

Dietary Fiber: 1g or 2g
Sugars: 5g or 15g
Protein: 13g or 38g

Ingredients:
Milk, Cream, Cocoa pressed with Alkali, Vanilla, Semi-sweet chocolate Whey Protein Isolate (Blackstone Labs Isolation)

Each flavor is consistently 38g protein and 7-8g fat, but the carbs varied quite a bit from flavor to flavor.

For example the Birthday Cake flavor (363 calories) has 32g carb, 24g of which come from sugar. The Mint Chocolate Chip flavor (266 calories) was a startlingly low 14g carb, including 11g sugar and 1g fiber!

Considering how close these came to tasting like their true ice cream counterparts these macros are quite impressive.

I enjoyed each of the flavors I received (Birthday Cake, Mint Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate Chip). I can't pick a favorite yet.
My grandma enjoyed each flavor as well but picked the Double Chocolate Chip flavor as her favorite.

Fresh out of the box these are a bit too tough to dig into so I would leave the tub out for a few minutes to let it soften.
Once soft these were very creamy and easy to eat. It feels very much like eating real ice cream; the only major distinction at the surface level is the slight frostiness. For me this didn't detract from the experience and sometimes I even preferred it.

I'd eat the whole pint myself unless I was splitting with someone, once you start its hard to stop until its all gone.
I tried this out at various times of day but I would recommend eating this post-workout or a late dessert (at least 2 hours after your last regular meal).

This did exactly what I was hoping it would do.

Just like your favorite protein shake this helps with recovery and overall workout fatigue, and because of its ice cream form it feels like a reward for your hard work without the detriment of overly high sugar content.

This product was also successful in helping my grandma get her needed macros more easily/enjoyably; she could hardly believe she was making progress because of ice cream!

It's almost filling enough to be a meal-replacement but more reliable as a snack or post-workout protein source.

As one can expect from any first-to-market product, this is a bit expensive for what you get.

Each pint is $10, must be purchased in groups of 6/9/12, and is not eligible for any discounts offered on Blackstone Labs.

I could see this becoming a more affordable option in the next few years once production ramps up and competition arises but for now this is definitely a luxury item.

If you REALLY like the idea of eating ice cream for post-workout recovery and you make a tidy income, Iso-Cream was made for you.

Side Effects

No adverse side-effects for me.

Conclusion

This product is a real treat and a very cool idea, but until the price comes down a bit this will remain a luxury niche product.

If you have a friend or family member who just can't quite get themselves to eat their protein then this could be perfect for you.

In the mean time it's definitely worth trying out at least once.

September 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Definite Increase In Joint Health
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Reduced Inflammation
  • Fast Results
  • Increased Flexibility
  • Underdosed Kollagen II-xs
  • Slightly Underdosed Chondroitin Sulfate

Extreme Joint Care from NutraBio is their joint support product that approaches the problem from a variety of angles.

A couple months ago I experienced some joint-ache and decided it was a good opportunity to test out a joint support formula. I settled on NutraBio for a number of reasons. They've been in the Top 2 on the SR brands ranking forever but up til now I had never actually tried one of their products. This product is better priced compared to the rest of their catalog so the time had finally come to give them a shot.

If your joints ar...

If your joints are in disrepair you'll have a tough time making gains. Judging by the product label, NutraBio decided to throw the kitchen sink at this problem and it worked out quite well for me.

This is the part where I typically give a quick takeaway on each ingredient, however NutraBio provides a nicely concise summation of their own:

"1500mg D-Glucosamine Sulfate - A natural component in the growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage. It may also assist with the slowing down of joint damage.
540mg Chondroitin Sulfate - Forms the structural framework of collagen, not to mention promotes water retention within the joint structure, and increases joint flexibility and resistance to compression forces.
442mg Gelatin - In athletes shown to support joint health and possibly reduce the risk of joint deterioration.
500mg Opti-MSM - Plays a role in maintaining the cushion between joints to support mobility and protect healthy cartilage.
200mg Meriva Turmeric Phytosome - Supported by 22 clinical trials demonstrating effectiveness for joint health, and healthy inflammatory response after exercise and similar exertion.
200mg KollaGen II-xs - The unique combination of natural nutrients found in kollaGen II-xs have been scientifically proven effective for joint health and flexibility.
100mg ApresFlex - Helps protect against collagen degradation and improves joint comfort, function and mobility.
100mg Hyaluronic Acid - Plays a key role in cushioning and lubricating areas such as tendons, joints and muscles.
5mg Bioperine - Enhance absorption of the active ingredients in Extreme Joint Care leading to higher bioavailability.
3mg Boron - Used by the body to build bones, improve the absorption of calcium, and for building and repairing joint cartilage."

Clearly we've got a complete, well thought out formula on our hands.

The Chondroitin Sulfate (ideally 800mg) and KollaGen II-xs (ideally 1500mg) seem a bit under dosed based on my findings, but I gave NutraBio the benefit of the doubt going into this.

Pills, so no taste and nothing to mix.

The daily dose is 4 pills, to be taken either all at once with a meal or 2 at a time with two meals. A bottle lasts 30 days.

For context, I already supplement with fish oil for its many benefits so when I started experiencing achey joints I knew I needed to step it up.

While making my selection for joint support I learned that I should expect results after about 10-14 days of use if the product is good.
This beat those expectations; within the first week of use I noticed my joints felt fresh and I didn't have to think about them at all while running this.

For example, I use pistol squats in my training from time to time; typically the first couple reps on each leg come with a cracking sound. I tried them out during my second week and experienced no cracking, a nice surprise and decent evidence for product efficacy.

Even now that the bottle has been done for a few weeks now my joints still feel great. This suggests that the average healthy gym-goer probably won't need to keep running this until the need again arises. However I can see a competitive athlete justifying regular use of this for preventative purposes.

I don't have arthritis or any other serious medical condition that affects joints so I can't speak for people with more serious issues, but as a reasonably healthy lifter who wants peace of mind while entering that next level of intensity I can safely say this did the trick.

Everywhere I've looked sells this for $26.99 for a 30 day supply.

That's a competitive price in the joint support category and puts it under the $1/day mark, so the value is acceptable here.

Side Effects

No adverse side effects here.

Conclusion

Bad joints result in bad workouts, so a product that fixes them up when they're not feeling right is something to be treasured.

It's not surprising that a NutraBio product does what it claims to do, but the price point on this is unusually competitive compared to the rest of their catalog.

Easy recommendation.

September 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Exotic Ingredients
  • Fat Reduction
  • Good Thermo Effect
  • Leaner More Defined Look
  • Stim-Free
  • Stomach Fluff Reduction
  • Some Ingredients Not Well-Known

Thyrovate from Myokem is a stimulant free, appetite suppressing, thermogenic fat burner which supposedly targets fat in the mid-section.

I ran this recently in the middle of a cut. I had been making decent progress on my own but I felt like I was approaching a plateau of fat loss, so I wanted to try something that would give me an edge in my transformation. I already take a preworkout on heavy lifting days and other forms of caffeine on my off days so I wanted to approach this from a different angel. Myokem is known for their ingenuity and fresh approaches to supplement design, so when I saw that they recently released a stim-free fat burner I knew I had to give it a shot.

The ingredients on this have already been excellently explained by WarMachine and Reaper61 so I'll provide the abridged version here:

For digestion, glucose uptake, weight loss, and a BUNCH of other stuff:
300 mg Japanese Mugwort Extract
For appetite suppression and decreased fat production:
250mg iFAS503
For thyroid support and fat oxidation:
200mg Olive Leaf Extract
For strong lipolysis and energy:
140mg Weak Jumby Pepper Extract
For boosting testosterone and fighting cortisol:
125mg Sensoril (Ashwagandha Extract)
For metabolism and thermogenesis:
80mg Paradoxine (Grains of Paradise Extract)
For metabolizing carbs/fats:
20mg Wakame Extract
For bioavailability of the above:
5mg Bioperine

With a creative and intriguing profile, I couldn't have taken that first dose fast enough.

These are pills so no taste or mixability to speak of.

I took two pills twice a day for 30 days. Generally I would take a serving with my first and last meal of the day.

The product works. The appetite suppression put me soundly in control of when I would eat, so sticking to my macros was much easier. On top of that I definitely felt an increase in temperature which would typically result in a nice sweat. So far so good, but how about that abdominal fat?

This didn't just magically hand me a six-pack but I looked considerably leaner than I did at the start. Granted a lot can happen in 30 days, but the visual change was more dramatic than the previous two months so I'm inclined to believe this had something to do with it.

Myokem has this for $49.99 on their site but Amazon currently has it available for $39.99, which is much more reasonable for a burner product.

Even at the lower price this still sits above that $1 per day mark which we like to see; however for these results I feel it was worth it.

Side Effects

No adverse side effects when I ran this product.

Conclusion

I'm usually not impressed by non-stim fat burners because its hard to tell if anything is actually happening; Thyrovate does not have that problem.

Thyrovate did for me what I wanted it to do; it's no magic pill but assuming your diet and training are on point this can speed things up considerably.

September 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Whole Food Sources
  • Convenient
  • No Amino Profile

MRE from Redcon1 is a whole foods (no whey or casein) meal replacement powder and is arguably their breakout product.

It's well understood that the surest method for gains acquisition is to eat plenty of lean whole foods, but life is fast moving and there isn't always time to put together a proper meal every time. Enter meal replacements; the solution to this conundrum. Meal replacement products are convenient to use and can usually be taken on the go. But more often than not these meal replacements are just whey and/or casein with some carbs and maybe fats added to make it "complete". With a competent whole foods profile, MRE seeks to provide us with the actual foods we are likely replacing.

The first thing (for some, the only thing) that people want to know when shopping around for a meal replacement or mass gainer is the macros. It's safe to say that the macros are not a weak point for this product. They are as follows:

Nutritional Info:
Total Carbohydrate 75g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugars 5g
Protein 47g

Already a promising set of macros, wouldn't mind a bit more fat in the profile but its not a dealbreaker in my opinion.

The next matter of importance is the source of the above macros, the quality.

Ingredients:
Rolled oats
Protein blend: salmon protein, chicken protein, egg albumin, brown rice protein, and pea protein
Dehydrated yam
Cinnamon
Salt
Sucralose
Acesulfame potassium.

Solid choices for whole food sources, a handful of familiar faces, and some MCT oil make for an encouraging batch of ingredients.

The one thing this product absolutely needs is the amino acid profile on the product label. Any concerns a person may have while deciding the purchase of MRE would be taken care of with this information being made readily accessible.

So far this is the best tasting meal replacement I've tried. If we include mass gainer products this takes 2nd to Major Mass, which is absurdly well flavored. That being said, MRE has a more natural "food" feel which I prefer. This is likely the "chalky" feel that other reviewers have referred to, so texture preference will play a big part in your enjoyment of this product.

I've tried every flavor of this product and enjoyed them all. That being said my top 3 (in order) would have to be the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Sweet Potato Pie, and Strawberry Shortcake. The range of flavors feels quite diverse in spite of there only being 7 as of writing this, so it will be difficult to not find a flavor you enjoy.

Mixability is quite good considering that rolled oats is the most prominent ingredient. I've had no real trouble stirring this product but a shaker is enough easier to make it my preferred method.

I take anywhere from 3 to 4 scoops mixed in water (the macros on this make a milk base unnecessary) depending on how hungry I am or my current diet strategy (for a bulk I would even consider 5 scoops). I would feel anywhere from satisfied to full afterwards, so I'd certainly call this an effective meal replacement.

A good meal replacement makes you feel well fed, doesn't make you feel bloated and irritable, and digests well.

This product checks all those boxes so I would consider this an effective meal replacement.

Even at it's $79.99 MSRP the value here is pretty good when considering its function. But you'll likely never pay that high a price; discounts codes are provided by Redcon1 fairly regularly on social media and their website. Amazon usually has this for $60-$70 also.

A tub contains 100 scoops, intended to be consumed 4 scoops at a time for a total 25 servings. Because of the scoop size it is very easy to customize your ideal serving size depending on your fitness goals.

Side Effects

No adverse side effects to report here.

Conclusion

MRE is a delicious way to fill in for meals you don't have time to make without compromising quality.

Easy recommendation.

August 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • Mental Clarity

Double Tap in its powdered form is an enjoyable and effective fat-burner that also functioned as a nootropic.

I've historically been skeptical of fat burners as a genre, but it appears they've come a long way. All too often a "fat-burner" is just a caffeine pill with a myriad of underdosed ingredients to make the profile look better than it is, but that cannot be said for Double Tap. The following is a review of my experience with the updated formula (free of DMHA).

Serving Size: 1 Scoop

For cutting excess water: Dandelion Root Extract 200mg
    For energy now: Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg
    For energy later: Di-Caffeine Malate (as Infinergy) 150mg
    For all of the above? (see below): Juniper berry (as AMPiberry) 150mg
    For cardiovascular health (see below): Theobroma cacao & Camellia sinsensis extract (as Cocoteanol) 50mg
    For stimulation and fat burning: Octopamine HCL 30mg

Mostly known reliable ingredients with a couple I'm not familiar with:

AMPiberry seems to be the replacement for DMHA; it is claimed to reduce water retention, assist in fat burning, and provide "smooth" energy. These effects are said to be enhanced when paired with caffeine.

Cocoteanol appears to be used for vasodilation (widdening blood vessels), as a diuretic, lowering systolic blood pressure, and the various benefits of antioxidants.

So far I've only used the Pineapple and Blue Raspberry flavors and have enjoyed them both. However, I personally prefer the Pineapple and will be sticking to it going forward.

The mixability of Double Tap is probably the best of all the Redcon1 products; a shaker is definitely overkill.

I used the recommended dose of 1 scoop in the morning, usually a few minutes before going for a 30 minute run. When I say recommended dose, I mean DO NOT use more than 1 scoop! I have yet to make this mistake, but given the effects of 1 scoop I can't imagine it would end well.

In short, this stuff wakes me up immediately. If I was tired, I'm no longer tired. If my head was foggy, my head is clear now. If I was feeling unmotivated, my drive is now in full gear and work is already getting done.

I looked and felt much leaner after the first week using this product. Evidently friends thought so too because I kept getting asked about my "sudden" weight loss, even though my weight was essentially unchanged.

That being said, I can't recommend taking this every day. Save it for when you really need a kick in the pants.

I got used to the product after using it 6 days in a row, but once I stopped regular use each dose felt as effective as that first time.
    If you are needing to cut quickly for contest prep or some other reason and plan on using this, I would do 5 days on with 2 days off.

MSRP for this product is $49.99, which isn't TOO bad for 40 servings (10 more than its capsule counterpart) but still more than I'm comfortable paying on any regular basis.

Luckily there are discount codes available up to 30% (sometimes as high as 50% if you use the Redcon1 app) that bring this down to a reasonable $25-35, both of which put this at less than a dollar per serving.

Side Effects

Other than the quick trip to the bathroom I needed after taking this, none for me.

For new users I recommend erring on the side of caution, use half a scoop on your first try to assess tolerance.

Conclusion

The powdered variant of Double Tap is one of the very few in the fat burner category that I could ever recommend. It won't magically destroy all your body fat overnight but it can certainly lend a hand. I enjoyed the product and will definitely use it again.

July 25, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective
    • Price
    • No Taste
    • Enhanced Muscle Definition
    • Trouble Mixing
    Creatine is the most reliable supplement available, aside from Whey Protein. It has been proven scientifically over and over again to be beneficial for all kinds of people and is one of the least expensive ingredients on the market.

However it has been packaged in a mind-numbingly high variety of ways, so how does one find the best value with the least junk? Luckily this product is one of the straight-forward, low priced options we all hope to find when looking for it.

5 grams of Creatine Monohydrate (via CreaPure) per 1 tsp serving, simple as that.

CreaPur...

CreaPure is the purest form of creatine monohydrate available.
    Creatine's natural byproducts aren't helpful for performance so a higher purity can make a big difference.

Unflavored powder, so no taste.

The tub doesn't include a scoop, but as annoying as that is it won't be a problem for anyone who has measuring spoons.

Mixability could be better, but it isn't a dealbreaker.

I took 1 serving post-workout; on rest days I took it whenever it was convenient, preferably with a high-carb meal (usually rice with chicken or steak) or with fruit juice.

Make sure to drink a LOT of water when using this product, assuming you want it to actually work.

This was the first non-protein powder supplement I ever tried so I ran it by itself. I had heard that some people are creatine "non-responders" so it seemed wise to determine whether I was one of them.

Evidently my body responds positively to creatine because this was VERY effective. After a week or so of daily 5 gram doses I noticed it took much more work to reach any level of muscle soreness.
    Here's a before and after on one of my routines:
    Bench press 4x8, Squat 4x8, and Deadlift 4x5 each at 75% of my 1RM. After my first week of supplementation I could safely add an extra set of each before hitting the wall.

A side effect I was told to expect was water retention in the form of bloating. However the water retentive properties gave my muscles a "full" look that people around me seem to appreciate ;)

You can generally find this for $0.02 per gram, which after comparing prices from many sources seems to be the correct price for this ingredient.

Side Effects

No negative side effects; just longer lasting, higher quality workouts.

Conclusion

This is an easy choice if you're looking for top quality creatine at ideal value. If you're looking to begin supplementation long-term, creatine monohydrate should be the very first thing you pick up. This is currently the best available value I'm aware of so I wholeheartedly recommend it.