SoulMonkey

December 14, 2012

• No Crash
  • Consistent
  • Tastes Great
    I haven't been here for awhile, but wanted to put up a quick review. This product I've gone through multiple tubs. My workout routine was mostly Jiu-jitsu, Boxing, and Conditioning. I was probably the lightest I ever was with a really high carbohydrate and sodium intake. My main carb intake was oatmeal, honey, and a lot of fruit. I did do starch on training days. My protein and fat intake was moderate.

Anyway, onto the review:

Anyway, onto the review:

C4 is probably my favorite PWO I have taken for many reasons. One is bang per buck. I like how this product as very few ingredients but a fair amount per scoop. And, for roughly 20-30 bucks, you have a full month+. But, for the most part I stuck to one scoop before fight training and two scoops before strength and conditioning.

If I was rolling, I became super uncormfortable with an accelerated heart rate. I learned in fighting you want to be focused and energized but relaxed with very little adrenaline increase. But, one scoop I felt great and crisp, and sometimes I would roll or evn spar hard for an hour and still want to continue.

When it came to lifting aside from endurance work, I focused on squat, deadlift, bench, and pulling ability. Essentially I wanted my whole body working together as fighting has very little to do with big beach muscle compared to explosive power to overwhelm. But, due to the creatine and awesome nitrate content, I felt really awesome pumps and felt stronger. I didn't put up a whole lot more weight, but the weights felt easier.

All in all, if you lift for looks or function or even both, I would highly recommend this product as an energy and focus enhancer, also a possible strength and ability enhancer as well. Fair priced with solid ingredients. And, I was actually recommended this by my teammates who are fighters who swear by the stuff. So, take that as you will and have a nice day :)

• Great Results
    • Extreme Focus
    • Improvements In The Gym
      First and foremost, this is essentially jack3d with some other stuff in it like yerba mate(why?). If you buy jack3d because you love a great hyper workout, I suggest giving this a whirl and essentially both are the same price in a lot of places(save a few bucks difference sometimes). Here's the trick: a serving size is actually 1/3 a scoop. Yeah, BPI needs to rehire their marketing team because anyone with a brain can see through this scheme with ultra concentrates and who's is more concentrated.

The big problem with this compared to jack3d is that this product's scoop averages about 6 grams of product compared to jack3d's 5.5, which has less caffeine and overall stims. So, essentially jack3d could have better nutrition product(like arginine and creatine) in it when you think about it. Personally, I like 1MR for it's insane energy, but I dislike it for it's poor marketing against other similar products. Also, I dislike that BPI utilizes poor marketing in it's other products as well. I'll get on that later when I finish up on Super Pro.

This is a fairly cheap energy drink that will slightly improve blood flow and energy output(creatine). I would say to anyone to give it a whirl, but other products like Xpand and Super Pump I think are better for creating a more anabolic environment(such as providing electrolytes and whatnots).

Also, reading the pro's and con's, I think people are a bit ridiculous with the claims of anger, building muscle, and too much beta-alinine.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Excellent Recovery
      • Less Soreness
      • Tastes Awesome
      • Good For Stacking
      • Great Bcaa Ratio
      • No Additives
      • Tricky Mixing
      USP Labs is one hell of a line of products and this is certainly a top one for me. I never really believed in BCAA supplementation all too much until SAmazon hooked me up with a tub of this stuff. I didn't notice a big difference in recovery until about 3 weeks after taking it 5 training days a week and then realized that my workouts have improved and muscle soreness went down a little. Also, I noticed I felt fairly full(don't know why), and I was really refreshed when drinking it. One thing I would like to see is this become more of an intra-workout enhancer with alternate versions: like Modern CarboBCAA, so you can keep your endurance up or something with this ingredient like but like Gatorade mixed in if this makes any sense. I think this could be very competitive against size-on in the intra department if it had just a little bit more in it.

I've been mixing this and creatine together to make my own intra creatine drink and have been seeing insane results from it. I enjoy this product, despite it's price, and would love to see multiple versions of it like how I described above.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Takes The Mess Out Of Pre-workout Meal
      • Excellent Morning Shake
      • Taste Can Be Bland
      One thing I didn't want to do on here is do a ton of protein reviews. Almost just about every protein seems to be the same except maybe one scoop is bigger than the other or price or whatever. So, I figured to do some that I find to really stand out, and this one does. This is one solid low-fat protein packed with 24 grams of whey(with isolate being listed first). It also contains 23 grams of carbs from oats with 9 of those being sugar. So, this is perfect first thing in the morning, pre, and post workout. The taste was ok and sometimes making feel if they could've done a little better in that department, but for what it is, it's a solid protein and I recommend it to anyone wanting to try something a little different.

• Nausea
      This product is amazing and I've tried it in all kinds of forms(pills, liquids, RTDS, and hardcore versions), and I've liked every single one of them. This product stands out as a fat burner in that it is a thermogenic, but also contains an ingredient that causes your body to shiver. Nothing too noticeable, but shows to help utilize bodyfat for energy on the opposite of thermogenics. Very interesting, indeed.

I would say the concentrate is the best way to go for price and everything. It tastes like cough syrup, but hits very hard with some serious stims going on. This is also great on the go because many super stores carry it in it's RTD form, so you can get your shake and shiver on anytime.

April 4, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Very Effective
      • No Fillers
      • Taste Wasnt To Bad
      • Clean Feeling Of Energy
      • Quality/price Ratio
      • Minimal Ingredients
      • A Lot Better Focus
      • Awesome Price
      • Unreal Energy
      • Not Much Pump As Expected
      • Underdosed Ingredients
      Jack3d is quite possibly one of the best preworkout energy drinks on the market, even though I'm becoming a fan of similar products like 1MR. The best thing about it is it's small ingredient list compared to other products, so health nuts can get their buzz on while keeping artificial junk out. USP Labs is getting a thumbs up in this department.

Big pro's: energy. There are 3 stimulant based products. Caffeine being the biggest one and the most effective. While Gerenium is quite potent, it usually needs caffeine to be as effective as can be. Shizandrol is weird to be in a PWO, but does show to increase overall focus. So, you have one seriously synergistic blend here. Also, I would say if you are energy junky like me, something like this is great anytime. The amount of creatine is pretty a'ight, and I don't disagree with their motto "you don't need that much creatine". And taking small amounts of creatine throughout the day, from what I read, is more effective than overloading all at once in a short period of time.

Big negatives: Underdosed Arginine and Beta-alanine. The only benefit out of these two ingredients would be the small nitric oxide boost from the Arginine. You certainly need to buy other arginine products for the growth hormone boost and beta-alanine for the carosine level increase.

I wish USP Labs would create a line of products like Gaspari did that when combined(like Super Pump and Anavite) would create an all day effect for energy, electrolytes, and beta-alanine/arginine.

The value for an energy drink is suburb but things like 1MR and Hemo Rage Black can give you a bigger value if you just halve the scoops and don't mind some artificial stuff in it. When it comes to starting out, I always recommend this product before any other for energy for great workouts, but after awhile I do suggest the other two I mentioned above(or even Xpand or Super Pump for better pump and effective workout ingredients like arginine and beta-alanine).

USP Labs certainly has a winner and the packaging is so unique and professional looking that I'm proud to say I am a seasoned Jack3d user. I've gone through roughly 4 tubs of this.

April 4, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decreased Soreness
      • Great Amino Profile
      • Great Pre And Inter Workout Supplement
      • Good For Post Workout Use Too
      • Only If You Want A Slight Pick Me Up!
      • Great To Get Your Morning Aminos
        This product, for what it is, is insane for what you pay for. It's an everyday energy drink, preworkout Monster, post workout recovery aid, and solid pump and beta-alanine product that delivers 5 grams of various amino's per serving. All you have to do is adjust the amount of scoops and you have everything in one for roughly 20 bucks per 30 servings. And BodyBuilding.com always seems to have deals on this product.

I've tried pre, intra, and post workout and it's always amazing. Also, when I wake up or at work and I always feel great and a little more pumped(because I like to flex out at work to look bigger for the hunnies). Right now I take it alongside my protein/carb post workout shake for added amino's, post energy, and continuous nitric oxide production.

There isn't much for me to explain here other than this is my go to for an all-in-one product.

August 15, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Convenient
        • Protein
        • Too Much Sugar
        • Kind Of Chaulky
        This is quite possibly one of the worst bars I've come across with it's mile long ingredients list and either tons of sugar or sugar alcohols. Those are basically my two biggest gripes with this. It's either got so many different kinds of sugars from high fructose corn syrup to crystalline fructose that it's hard to keep track of, or the sugar alcohols really, really mess up digestion for the day.

Honestly, though, I can see why a lot of people like these bars because they are packed down with protein like crazy. Which, for the convenience of protein, I suppose this wouldn't be too bad of a bar if I was needing protein at that particular moment. But, for the protein, I just can't stomach the awful taste and the stomach pains that come soon after. Even when I drink about 20 oz of water, I still get stomach pains.

I personally won't be buying these again as I would prefer to just go hungry than ingest something that makes me feel ill. And the price isn't even worth the calories(which is why would buy something that's heavily caloric) at averaging 3-5 dollars.

There are other little tiny gripes, but I can forgive those.

July 6, 2010

• 1% For The Planet Member
        • Overall Great Company
          This is by far one of the few Bar Company's I'll run with. In fact, unless a store doesn't have them and I'm in a pinch, I won't consume any other bar for multiple reasons. Before I go on, I can't stand most bars because they are loaded with sugar alcohols. And when you consume enough of those, they act like a laxative. Trust me, I experienced that with mints already.

First of all, the ingredient list is primarily all actual food, which is something a lot of other bars miss out on. They are also 70% organic, which is a huge plus. I'm assuming that if the other 30% would be organic, the price would probably climb additional 50 cents or more. But, not any other bar I've come across comes to close to that. Most of them are chockful of weird protein sources, aspartame, straight sugar with no complex carbs, and a bunch of extra ingredients that make no sense. Also, this doesn't come across as chalky like some of those "protein bars" do, which isn't good.

This review is also about most of the line up: Clif, Luna, and Builder. I have all three in big boxes for different reasons. Clif isn't really meant as just as a protein bar as much as it is an all around energy bar with fiber and protein. Personally, I also eat Luna if I want a little less calories, and Builder if I want that 20 grams of protein. All 3 of them serve as a purpose, and I don't discriminate because of advertising. Luna Bars are just as good as Clif, just less caloric.

Oh, about the sugar content: it's mostly low glycemic carbs. Which is the point for long term energy that tastes great, which is another huge point for Clif. Most other bars just have either pure sugar, artificial sweeteners, or sugar alcohols which don't provide much long term energy... but they have lots of protein, right? And again on the taste: it actually taste like real food. And since real food tastes great, so do these bars! Honestly, these bars are probably the closest thing you can get to real food... and I would suggest them for anyone that wants to add them to their diet and can't stand the taste and ingredient lists of other bars. They are very affordable even at stores for about a buck a pop for any of the styles!

June 21, 2010

• Great Recovery
          • Cheap
          • Excellent Value
          • Works Great With Kre Alkalyn 1500
          • Less Soreness
          • Gives Good Pumps During Workout
            One of the very few products that I'll give a product all 10's, but this one can't be beat. It's super cheap even with or without "the deal", but with "the deal", I'll be stocking up on more Prota-Lyn and Gluta-lyn. Also, a huge benefit is that since it's Sci-fit, and we know how much they love their sodium ash, it is PH Buffered and that means more is absorbed... and that means less product you have to ingest which also means that it's easier on the body. That's a lot of "meaning".

Now the only thing I might disagree with "ph buffering" is that I feel that too much sodium ash can cause your stomach to be way too low in the acidic range, meaning it's not effective at breaking down your protein and sugar post work out. I haven't had any digestive problems while taking these products, but it's a concern of mine.

Another great nature of the product is that my sugar cravings dropped significantly. This is one of the few glutamine products I've tried, and with glutamine, after about 1 week, my sugar cravings plummeted and I ended up sticking to complex carbs all day with no desire to eat very sweet foods.

Also, with this and any other product, took a couple of days for me to really notice anything. But when that happened, I noticed it. It took about 3 days before soreness occurred "occasionally" and when it happened, it felt good instead of "not wanting to workout" kind. If you are new or interested in a different kind of glutamine for recovery, then I suggest this product... but mind you, it might not take effect until several days later.

How I ran it:

2 caps with breakfast
            2 caps post workout
            And depending on how I felt, then 2 caps with before bed meal for added recovery.

Sorry, no cons. I got two big bottles laying around, and I'll probably be picking up 2 more with Prota-Lyn.