Samazon

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online 11 months ago

Reviews by Samazon

Thanks to Musclewerks for sending it out!
  June 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helped Drop Waterweight
  • Easy To Dose
  • Easy To Take
  • Convenient
  • Stomach Cramping
  • Possible Dehydration Headaches

My typical supplements use is protein powders, sleep aids, creatine, preworkouts, intra-workouts, and the least utilized category would most likely be "fat burners" or "detox" products. I have tried a handful throughout the years with greatly varying effects; some tend to focus on appetite suppression, others increased metabolism and diuretic properties, some focused on liver detox, and others a mishmash of everything.

To be honest even after an extensive history of supplement usage, I hadn't heard about some of the ingredients in this product. After some simple googling, I was able to determine that nearly all the unfamiliar ingredients are herbal/plant natural laxatives (like the first ingredient Senna- anyone know of Senakot?..and Cascara extract- a product from the coffee bean). The end of the ingredient list is familiar peppermint and ginger (known in the 'natural' world to aid digestive tracts) and a probiotic.

I don't like that this particular product is a proprietary blend, and not just to jump on the "prop blends suck" band wagon, but laxatives are not something that you want to mess around with if you don't know how much you're ingesting. I have read from some of these individual laxative plant derivitives that up to two weeks is suggested for use, because the body can become dependent on the laxatives to continue mixing waste products. The laxatives can also have an effect on the body's water and electrolyte balance (naturally, the large intestine is responsible for a lot of this) and although reducing water weight is going to give the appearance of being more lean- and decreasing the weight on the scale- for 30 days that might be a bit more taxing on the body's metabolic processes than some users realize.

I also like probiotics that require the user to refrigerate them and this doesn't mention refrigeration on the bottle. It's possible that the probiotics here are in a form that is room temperature stable, but I really see that ingredient as a flashy extra, but I don't expect it to have a major effect on my digestive system. I think I'd be better off getting my probiotic in another form/product.

This comes in gel capsules, and is tasteless. No aftertaste.

Capsules = no mixing, just swallowing with a full glass of water.

Dosing on the bottle says to work up to three capsules a day. I started with one cap first thing in the morning, then added a second later in the day after 5-6 hours. I tried a few different dosing options, to work up to either two or three caps in the morning or broken up throughout the day. The user will have to decide when they want to increase from one cap to two then three.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this, but I can say it somewhat leaned me out. What I really mean, is the more I took the more it cleaned me out like the typical diet detox pill/system by increasing trips to the bathroom.
Interestingly, while taking this product, it did coincide with a several pound decrease in my overall weight. I had stopped a prescription medication right before taking this product and needed to drop some weight that was gained while on that medication. That medication also causes water retention as a known side effect.
Within the first two weeks I worked up from one cap a day for a few days, to two, for several days. About two weeks in I tried to increase to three caps a day, because I had shed a good amount of water weight and was pleased. It was several pounds. I do think that the water retention I had would've fixed itself over time, but this product accelerated the process.

What I wasn't happy with was that I started noticing abdominal cramps after those two weeks when I tried increasing to three caps a day. I backed off, went back to two, but would still get cramping. I would take a few days off, then try the product again...it seemed to coincide with less of an appetite due to the cramping, though I don't think that is an actual target affect of this product.

Overall, after I finally got through the bottle I had gotten myself to what I consider my "training" or "off season" weight in the low 180's. It was no more than a ten pound decrease in about a month, more than half truly water weight.

After stopping this product, I didn't have any increase in my weight and I really liked that.

A bottled of Detoxin8 contains 60 capsules, which gives the user a month of use. With that in mind, the entire "detox" can be found online around $34.99 at the cheapest. I honestly couldn't find it in most of the typical online retailers that we all go to. The best price I saw was from the manufacturer themselves.

Side Effects

There were two side effects that I want to mention. The first and most severe would be the abdominal cramping. I believe that this product had so many laxatives that it gave my cramping and a bloated feeling. I have IBS and my gut moves slow. I had more frequent bowl movements, but was also much gassier and uncomfortable compared to not taking this product. I waited over a week to write this review to see if the cramping/gas would subside and it completely resolved after ceasing use.

The second side effect I noticed potentially from this was headaches. I can NOT say that product was the sole cause, but I would attribute the diuretic effects from laxatives pulling water from the gut through digestion, possibly dehydrating me and causing more headaches. I still had issues with frequent headaches after stopping this product, so I cannot say they were as bothersome as they were because of this product.

Conclusion

I read and heard a lot of great things about this detox product from Musclewerks. The reviews that I read were all from men and perhaps this product might work better for both males, and someone without a history of any gastrointestinal issues (which I do have).
I definitely lost weight during the time I used this product, which took me over thirty days to complete. I can't say that I'd be as integrated in trying this or any more detox products with natural laxatives if they are a prop blend. I'm really up on the air on this one, but a big thanks to Musclewerks for letting me try this out!

Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  June 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100% Micellar Casein
  • Taste Good
  • Versatile
  • Good Profile
  • Sucralose

I utilize protein powders daily in my diet and sports supplement regimen. Casein powder tends to be a between meals shake enhancer or as a post workout, or pre-bed snack. I've tried a few casein powders I've liked and a handful of pretty nasty ones, so I feel that I've got a good base to judge from.

The micellar casein tends to be my most frequent "go-to" instead of other 'caseins' lately. This product is 100% micellar casein and I personally prefer it over blends too. It allows me to know exactly (easily) how much protein I am getting in and from what source. It is also a fantastic slow digesting milk protein. If there were a blend here and it did not typically state how much of what type of protein there was per serving I'd be much less happy adding it into my diet log.

Each full scoop/serving provides 25g of protein, with 120 calories total. I liked this macro ratio quite a bit and found it very easy to use a half or third of a serving (I measured it out always with a gram scale) and could focus on how much casein I was getting in, instead of worrying about 'how much casein AND carbs/fats' I was getting in.. Side note: The scoopers in casein, including this one, tend to get the dry product 'caked' or clung onto them, so I quickly ditched it and metal spooned out however much I wanted.

Other things I could have done without were the Acesulfame potassium and sucralose. I am becoming less tolerant of these ingredients in 'supplements' or anything that I am putting into my body; if you don't mind them, then this profile is pretty solid. Even if you do mind them like I did, you still might be able to blend this how you like to and mask the sucralose and artificial flavors with other ingredients.

The flavor I had to try was vanilla. When it comes to casein powders, I cannot tolerate unflavored well, and really only have a palate for either chocolate vanilla. I've had some pretty harsh vanilla casein in the past and this one was 'just OK.' It was mild, which I'd prefer to make it easier to mix with other things. It had a very "artificial sweetener" type aftertaste to me and I was not a fan of that. Most of my shakes had a dairy/almond/soy milk base, fruits, +/- whey, and some fat like peanut butter. With all the variations, this always had that funky sucralose taste there, but the vanilla itself blended marvelously and never clashed with anything.

Mixing this wasn't a problem for me as much as it seems it was for other reviewers here. I have tried stirring casein in the past and that's for the birds, so this was always either Ninja blended to a pulp or Blender bottle shaken in 20 ounces of liquid (typically cold brew coffee and skim milk, let to sit in the fridge overnight). The shakes in the blender were definitely THIIICK, but I love my shakes that way- plus in my opinion. The blender bottle drinks were a bit thick and if I had been lazy with the shaking there'd be some clumping. There was nothing unusual about this, being a casein, and they all don't mix well and tend to thicken.

Dosing is a bit subjective and open for the user to adjust. There's the scooper and what you'd get per scoop, But I tend to use less than a scoop per shake/drink and would usually measure about a half or so. I've found that I get full mid day if I used this in an iced coffee drink, but more than half a scoop killed my appetite for my next meal. Using this post workout, I'd usually use about a third of a scoop or so, and some whey and milk (which has more casein in is too). I don't see a reason in my own diet to full scoop my protein, make a shake with 50+ grams of dairy proteins in it, and essentially use more powder than necessary for the effect that I wanted. Having this be just micellar casein gave me the ability to dose however and whenever I wanted and that's the best part of this product in my opinion.

Because of the ease of using this and its versatility, it made it an effective way to get casein into my body. I don't know, however, that I could attribute this actually being much more effective than other casein products I've used in the past. In some ways because I could more easily drink it, it helped more than other caseins whose flavors don't mix well with other add-ins. I don't think that the actual recovery itself was better with this product than it is when I use other brands micellar casein.
When I mix my own dairy and other protein source shakes pre/post workout and pre bed, I am less sore, and that held true when using Cellucor's casein.

A 30 serving tub was cheepest online at $34.99 (tax and shipping not included). Even comparing that price to other casein powders, you are still under $1.25 per full serving in most instances. That seems like a very fair price for casein in my opinion, because it tends to be more expensive than whey and looking at the market, that's on the lower side of what I've looked at.
I also will note that I got more than 30 servings of this, because I only really utilized what I wanted/needed at any given time. This tub lasted me a very good while.

Side Effects

There aren't any side effects that I could pin down to this product. I just have a beef with the sucralose, and the aftertaste of it here. I don't recall any GI issues, as some other users have mentioned so that must be user specific and potentially also a result of me not using a full scoop every time.

Conclusion

I liked the profile here (mostly), the flavor blended well, the thickening factor in the shakes was a plus to me, I like the price I see, and it helped me fill my protein goals. My biggest concern were the 'artificial' anything in this product. Artificial sugars aren't for everyone and I wish they would have decreased that amount if possible or just had some tweaking to the flavor to mask it better? Other than that this was a solid micellar casein from Cellucor.

May 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Perfect Dosing
  • No Crash
  • Good For Cardio
  • Good For Lifting
  • Tastes Great
  • No Artificial Colors
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Foams Up

There is such an abundance of pre-workouts these days, flooding the sports supplement world- most of which are really crummy. I have tried some great pre-workouts, some horrible pre-workouts, and even bought standalone products to mix my own pre-workout mixes. My main focus for pre-workouts is something that tastes alright, has no negative side effects, and gets me pumps up for, as well as pushing me through, my workouts (added pumps is a bonus!)

I won't delve into each ingredient here, but I will say in a nutshell I felt that this had nearly every ingredient that I could desire in a stim-based pre-workout. Also, for me, EVERYTHING WAS DOSED APPROPRIATELY. I never once grabbed any of my standalones to enhance or 'add' in extra stuff. I also felt that the caffeine in ere being at 350mgs would have been too much for me to increase with 1.5-2 scoops. Some of those users that are highly stim-tolerant or want to increase the scoop may be able to do so, but I honestly do feel that by doing so, you are just wasting product, because you are getting what you should need (for the average advanced fitness user) from JUST ONE SCOOP!!

Something that I did notice about this preworkout that worked better for me than other pre-workouts was the dextrin. At one serving (scoop) the user gets 10g of cluster dextrin. I know every person will react differently to ingredients, but for me I found that this was a good amount and not over-doing it. I like that they included it in the profile, and glad for me it wasn't over done. In other preworkouts that have included the dextrin, it was at or in excess of 15g, and for whatever reason, those pre-workouts tended to give me sluggish workouts and didn't provide me with the energy or focus you'd want from a pre-workout.

Another standout point to this profile for me was the stims (notably the beta-alanine and caffeine) being enough to get me pumped up and fueled through my workout, without being too much. Other preworkouts tend to over-do the stims, or because of other ingredients being under-dosed, adding the additional half to a full scoop to make up for under-dosed ingredients makes the amount of stimulants I take in so much that I get flushed in the face, sweat more than I would regularly, and either get lightheaded, jitters, heart palpitations or other sides; with BANG there was NONE of that.

I urge you to go to the company's website and read more on their super creatine, but I just see that as another perk here.

And no artificial coloring. Win.

It took a while of me using this to really try and put my finger on the flavor. What I tried was "Star Blast" and being that my tub had a red, white, and blue color theme going on I kind of expected this to taste like what I imagined the flavor of 'murica to be. After a while, and a taste test by my friend who loves candy, we agreed it is similar to a "Star Burst" candy.
The taste was pleasant, without being too strong or too tart/acidic as other pre's might be. There was a slightly aftertaste of BCAAs, but I would rather have the after taste of the BCAA over any artificial flavoring or sweetener leaving a nasty taste in my mouth.

Mixability was fine. Not great, but fine. It would foam up a bit, and I think it was partially due to the BCAAs? The foam didn't break down too quickly after mixing, but I also never had any grittiness really left over or anything that needed incessant shaking. I would just shoot the foam at the end or mix a little water in to get it down.

Dosing was perfect. It is a larger sized scoop, but easy to reach into the container, even toward the end of the tub. It is simple, because I never wanted or needed more than one scoop.

The effectiveness is where this really impressed me. It had the right amount lf beta alanine tingles and stims to get me pumped for a workout (weights or cardio).
It also was a good amount of citrulline and dextrin to fuel me through my sessions, as well as a hefty dose of BCAAs.
I found myself getting through the sets or running as fast as I typically do, with really good recovery. Even doing things like supersets or running through hilly terrain was typically not an issue when I had taken this as my preworkout.
I did not notice any insane mass gains or strength/endurance gains while using this, but I did feel that my performance was the best it could be in comparison to no or another pre workout.
The citrulline in here really helped me with the cardio/jogging and I would urge users to try it even on their cardio days, because the results should be impressive.

A 20 serving tub is currently $39.99 (with no shipping for orders over $25) at Vitamin Shoppe, $34.99 on bodybuilding.com and Tiger Fitness, and I saw a lowerprice in the $32 range. After you add any taxes and if there is shipping, you are looking at a perfectly dosed, including your daily creatine, pre-workout for $1.75-$2 a serving. That may look like a bit more than your average preworkout prive, but I honestly feel that this is MORE than your average pre-workout.

Side Effects

There were not side effects to this product for me. I really loved that. I felt that this profile was very strong, and offered a lot. It also was on the higher side of stims for me personally, and I was afraid of jitters and crashes, but I did not experience that at all. It was fantastic!

Conclusion

It's obvious that I am a fan here. I like the profile (maybe minus sucralose), but see so many things here done correctly. It's a transparent label, with appropriate amounts of ingredients. It's versatile for both weight lifting and cardio workouts (and everything inbetween). It tastes great, without added junk. It might be a bit pricey for some users, but it was convenient for me not to have to add in a little of a few extra powders to get what I wanted. Good job VPX (and shout out to Petey for making sure I tried this!!)

Thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending it out!
  May 16, 2016

• Good Serving Size
  • Convenient Dosing
  • Aids In Endurance
  • No Fillers
  • No Taste
  • None

I have a few years in supplement experience and have really paid attention to singular ingredients such as L-citrulline. I have typically seen L-citrulline used in my pre-workouts or intra products, and was excited to see a new brand that I haven't tried yet come across the Expert Reviewer's program. I always like to have it as a standalone on hand for multiple reasons (read below), and found this tub to come in handy for many types of workouts.

There is not much in this tub to be explored and pondered. It is simple 200g of unflavored L-citrulline powder. Each "serving" of 2 grams is made in the USA and has no other listed additives.

I love this profile so much I could kiss it! I don't want to have any added flavors, to mix with flavors of anything I might be adding this into, as well as it would be completely uneccessary. I also love that there are no added funky colors. Some people have issues ingested artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, etc. and to NOT have any of that junk in here is great. You have a nice little scooper to measure out your 2 gram serving, which fits nicely into the appropriately-sized tub, and get exactly what the label reads, scoop per scoop.

The manufacturer also totes this as being "fermented" and that it is better than synthetically derived L-citrulline. I truly could not find any evidence of this online, but would have to try a 'synthetic' produced L-citrulline. In my honest opinion, everything that is manufactured has some aspect of 'synthetic' to it, as it is processed in some form. I just took this product as being "L-citrulline" and did not question the origin of it.

Ingredient = 9/10 (because I still don't know what's so great about "fermented"...)

This unflavored powder is truly tasteless. There is also no after taste to deal with. similarly to L-citrulline, I have used citrulline malate in the past in pwder form, and found that it had a very tart and sour aftertaste. The powder itself of that citrulline malate was bitter, although also "unflavored," it spoiled anything I would mix it with and was hard to shake. Taste = 10/10.

Mixability was another great thing about this product. I had no issues mixing it into my other shaker-filled preworkout or any plain liquid. It does not dissolve as readily as some other powders and requires some shaking, but it mixes well an does not create any frothing or caking. I may have had minimal residual granules on the bottom of my shaker, but with a small extra swish of water, this quickly swirled up and went down the hatch. Mixability 9=10

Dosing is really simple, but is completely up to the user. If you are using this as a standalone, you might be using just one scoop, but someone like mysef, will use up to 3 scoops as a standalone product. If I am mixing it in with a caffeinated BCAA mix pre-cardio, I found it very easy to mix in however many scoops I wanted and had no issue with the amount of powder being added. I also liked that I could 'enhance' another pre-workout powder that I have, which only delivered about 2 grams of L-citrulline per serving, by adding 1-2 scoops depending on the strength of the pre I mixed. This gave me complete control over how much L-citrulline I was always going to get prior to or during a workout. I also liked that it gave me "dosing" in 2 gram increments, because about half the time I would only need 1-2 scoops, but others I would need 3, and it was very easy to adjust to personal needs. Dosing = 10/10

There are two ways in which I have used citrulline malate and L-citrulline in the past. Although the two products are very similar, there are some differences. For me the citrulline malate does help with endurance about the same as the L-citrulline, but the citrulline malate has proven in the past to provide more of the "pump" side effects compared to its counterpart L-citrulline. I do not think that comparison makes this Kaged Muscle L-citrulline 'less effective,' but I think it just helps me more with the endurance aspect of my training. It does still provide some vascularity/pump enhancement, but it is a secondary component to the effectiveness of this product.
Both forms are part of the "NO" cycle in the body, which provide the user with more vascularity, better detoxification of waste products, better cardiovascular endurance, potentially better recovery, and antioxidant effects; if I have it right citrulline malate is bound to malic acid, while L-citrulline is not. The average "Google" master can get more in-depth on this if they so desire....
When I took this prior to runs or stairmaster cardio, I found that I defitniely experienced a much better workout, with somewhat more endurance and felt less winded compared to the times in which I was not utilizing this product. I really liked that it could aid me in keeping a faster mile time, even on days when I knew without a little something extra I would be struggling to keep up with my usual running pace.
The workouts that I used this with weightlifting were lowerbody in nature. They tend to require a greater expenditure of energy and get me breathing heavier and needing to recover longer between sets. When I utilized the L-citrulline, I was finding that it was easier to get back under the leg press, or back into the hamstring curl machine without that "hold on let me catch my breath" mindset.
I do not think I experienced what I would call was greater recovery from lifting while using this product. I do not tend to get to sore or beat up from my cardio, so I would have to say that this did not help with recovery. Some users might find this to be another benefit of L-citrulline, but for me, there was no great amount of aided recovery.

A 200 gram tub of Kaged Muscle's L-citrulline has up to 100 servings. I say 'up to,' because some users such as myself, may use more than one scoop at a time. Even if used as "2 scoops per serving" this tub will still last you more than 1.5 months, given you use it every day. Most people will have a handful of off days, so really this tub could last the typical person 2 or more months. It took me a good 2 months to go through it completely.
I found this at a mere $.20 per serving (just under $20 per tub) at an online retailer. I really could justify ten dollars a month to enhance my cardiovascular endurance and pumps during workouts, especially if I was looking to mix my own pre-workouts. There might be other sources online that may appear to be cheeper, but this product proved to give me no issues, and I do like to believe the credibility of a "made in the USA" stamp more after I tried and was happy with a product.

Side Effects

There are absolutely NO negative side effects to using this product. I really like it as an anlternative to citrulline malate for me to increase my aerobic endurance. I do notice negative side effects from citrulline malate, such as nausea and never once did I expreince nausea from this L-citrulline.

Conclusion

I was very pleased with everything that this product has to offer. The label is straightforward. The product does not appear to have any nasty fillers, it was a "clean" powder, free of junk that would give me any side effects. It aided in cardiovascular endurance. I loved how easy and convenient it was for me to add in however much that I wanted to my pre or intra drinks. The price it right. Really I have no true complaints about this product. Huge thanks to Kaged Muscle for letting me give this a whirl!

Thanks to FINAFLEX for sending it out!
  May 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Milk Protein Blend
  • Tasted Good
  • Blends Well
  • Priced Competitively
  • Unclear Marketing
  • Does Have Artificial Sweeteners

I am a long time whey protein powder user and was excited to try a Finaflex protein when it showed up for the expert review team. My whey is typically used first thing in the morning after being fasted from sleeping and peri-workout. I tend to stick to very plain flavor too, like vanilla, so this was all around a new experience for me.

One scoop gives you 22 grams of protein. The blend is the "Pentaphase" protein blend of: whey protein concentrate, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey protein. I only wanted to point out that this is the blend that comprises the advertised versatile mix that Finaflex is staying is good whenever and even could be used for baking. What struck me as unusual, was that it seems a bit repetitive to state all of the protein types, as I think that some are a bit overlapping, nonetheless it has many forms of milk protein.

I tried to be indifferent about a serving being 150 calories and only getting 22 grams of protein, but I could have it be a bit either less in overall calories or more in overall protein. My typcial 'whey' go-to brands are 110-130 calories a serving and at least 24grams of protein (I know, a very small difference), but for someone that might be on a cut or tight dietary restrictions, this will not work as great for them.

What I particularly didn't like about this profit was the statement on the company's website about being a good choice for those looking for a complete protein mix, but "minus the other stuff." To me 'other stuff' would include things like the sunflower oil powder mix (including maltodextrin), artificial flavors, sucralose, and acesulfame potassium, all of which I do not want to be ingesting in daily sources if not necessary.

Taste: The flavor that I recieved was frosted churro! It was quite accurate, cinnamon/churro-y in flavor and sweet. I tend to think that some things sweetened with artificial sweeteners are 'too sweet' and this powder had a bit of that going on here. If you don't like sweet, this might be better for you to mix with other things than just water or milk. Other than the sucralose, flavor was very enjoyable.

Mixing: This portion of the product is it's biggest advertised selling point. That being said I would expect this powder to mix almost flawlessly, regardless of the solution it's being combined with. I found that I mostly was mixing this into dairy or almond milk, by hand or blender. By hand it still left some residual stickiness on the container and spoon. Blended, it mixed very well. It may be an almost instantized-like powder, but it certainly required some agitation to fully mix.

Dosing: This was something that I played a bit with. Using it first thing in the morning, I wanted all 22 grams of protein so I would usually use a full scoop. I tried it a few times at a half scoop while using another protein blend in vanilla and found that the churro flavor shined through. During the day I would use half a scoop before a workout and anywhere between a half to one after a workout. My goals for protein usually needed to utilize a bit more of this in comparison to other powders that are less calories per serving.
Being a whey/milk blend, I always found myself wanting this first thing in the morning or right before/after workout out. I like the idea that this was a few different types of milk protein, because I tend to mix my whey and casein after workouts and this did some of that for me (dosing convenience!)

Protein powders are difficult to judge in their effective. I always ask myself if they taste good, mesh flavor-wise into whatever I am mixing them with, help satisfy my daily protein needs... This product did help fill all of those roles. It didn't help make me any markedly less sore than I would be from my normal whey, so I would say that it helps with recovery just fine too.
This flavor mixed well with most things, but my palate is a bit broad. Some users may not find it as versatile, but it was quite complimentary to most fruits and other flavors.

This tub gives you a solid 30 servings, weighing 2.38 pounds. For that tub, I found the cheepst price to be $28.99 online. Without tax, that is less than a dollar a serving. With tax (any qualifying you for free shipping) I also saw this on Vitamin Shoppe.com for $32.99 that's just pennies over a $1 a serving. For cost, this is very competitively priced.
I like my whey and blends to be as close to ten dollars per pound as possible.

Side Effects

I had no side effects noted from this.

Conclusion

I was somewhat confused by this product's marketing, but once I started using it I was quite pleased. I enjoyed this at many times during my day and really looked forward to the flavor of it. It filled all of my basic needs from a milk protein blend. The cost is just right if you are looking for a milk protein blend.
If you don't like sucralose and like to truly stay away from protein powders that have "that extra stuff" in regards to additives, I would recommend that you look this product's label up. That would be one negative that I see with this powder.
Overall, it was a solid protein and another good job from Finaflex- clearly!!

Thanks to G2G Bar for sending it out!
  March 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Completely Natural
  • Versatile
  • Great Value
  • Gluten Free
  • Whey Isolate
  • No Preservatives
  • Naturally Flavored
  • Nutrition Profile
  • High Quality
  • Great Taste And Texture
  • Convenient

As far as protein bars go, I've tried many over the years. I don't rely on them as much as natural, whole food sources for nutrition. I'm very glad that Good2Go gave me the opportunity to try this in exchange for a review!

The ingredients of these bars are all organic and the source of protein is a combination of whey isolate and the nuts (almond or peanut) for that flavor. I'll try to get the ingredients up on here in the near future but until then this website (https://good2gobar.com/) is great to reference as it has every ingredient list for their bars. What is completely absent are preservatives and that is another perk to me. I don't need to be eating preservatives and these bars are good in the fridge until you want to eat. Also, being a protein bar, you do have a longer list of ingredients (meaning their purpose is usually a more complete snack or in some cases a meal replacement. But like any other food label there is an actual nutrition facts label and I liked that. I loved that everything is listed that I am eating.

At a quick glance, the flavors I had were 298 calories for either, with 18g protein, 14g fats and 25g carbs. Something I'd want the user to take note of is that although there are carbs, none are refined table sugar, and this bar becomes very versatile for that. The bars are also lactose free, which is not an uncommon concern so this profile all around is full of great things!

For the taste, I had the almond butter chocolate chip and peanut butter chocolate chip. I thought that the almond was actually a bit too bland. I was hoping for more savory or nutty flavor. It wasn't bad, but could have been more desirable after I took that first bite. The peanut butter bar however, was purely amazing! It was peanut buttery and by far the best peanut butter protein bar I've ever had. Both bars had a bit of salty taste and I tended to feel the need to drink water or something with them.
    Mixability - none other than the liquid in the mouth. I also noticed that because these say to keep refrigerated, that they will be somewhat harder to chew if you take them straight from the fridge and eat them. It worked best for me to consume at room temperature after I let the bar warm up. Other than that the consistency was really great and not tarry like some bars I've had.
    Dosing is another great aspect of this bar. Really you couldn't go wrong most times of the day consuming this. With it having whey isolate, I felt that it did best either as a quick breakfast on the go, as a pre or post workout snack, or whenever I needed a snack during a busy day on the go. I found that if I had this bar I could essentially replace a shake or snack with it and that made my meal prep bum hole easier too.

I find this bar to be very effective to fill all of my desires for protein bars: it is high protein, tastes good, versatile, filled me up. I found this bar to fulfill what I expected it to do. I really cannot say that this greatly enhanced anything above other nutritional sources as far as recovery goes (i.e. It didn't decrees DOMS).
    As for fullness, most of my snacks are around a few hundred calories, so this definitely filled me up for a few hours until my next feeding. I don't expect protein bars to really replace nutrition, but rather fill in the blanks when regular food is not convenient nor an option, and this did just that!

One 8 bar box right now is $19-$22 from the company. That runs you about $2.37-$2.87. The way I look at it that's right in the range of or slightly above what your average run-of-the-mill protein bar is at a gas station or a grocery store. In regards to the type of bar this is, I consider it to be a little more of a specialty protein bar being all organic and all of the rich ingredients that are in it.
    When you look at some other organic or diet-specific bars you'll find that many are over $3. With that being said, I think that this price is very fair fit not only the solid product you are receiving but also for the convenience of the bar. I am sure that price varies from place to place but I found consistency in this in store(for other bars) and online.

Side Effects

There really weren't any negative side affects other than the fact that I felt like the bars were a bit salty. I wanted to drink more water when eating them to help with swallowing and quench the thirst. There weren't any digestive issues or funky taste left in the mouth after eating them. I have had a hard time with other protein bars with just chewing them and then also GI upset. Another great aspect of these bars.

Conclusion

Overall, I'd say that I am definitely a huge fan of these protein bars. Really, the almond was a little lackluster but the peanut butter was dreamy! I liked that I could have this first thing in the AM and throughout the day whenever I pleased. The company provides this organic list, preservative and lactose free, and digestible product. The price point in my opinion is also in line for bars of this standard. They did a good thing here!

Thanks to Antaeus Labs for sending it out!
      March 16, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Studied Ingredients
    • Easy To Swallow Capsules
    • Appropriately Dosed
    • Takes Some Time To Work
    Introduction----
    Huge thanks to Antaeus Labs for letting me try out there joint support "Achilles" product through the Expert Reviewer's program. Other than diet, I have tried OTC products such as NSAIDS, topical liniments, Epsom Salt baths for soreness, as well as maintaining a high-protein, well balanced diet rich in good fats and nutrients to hopefully aid in recovery from heavy lifting. Other than protein powders, creatine, pump products, PWO's, etc. I have not had much experience in products for joint tissue health.

The ingredients in this profile are speci...
    Introduction----

The ingredients in this profile are specifically listed with the amount per serving, and from what I can gather, they are all in amounts that have been tested in some capacity for effectiveness. It is always difficult to assess the effectiveness of what I would consider herbal or nutraceutical compounds.

To point out some of the ingredients that I have heard numerous accounts of great success in aiding in connective tissues support are the Boswellia and Cissus Quadrangularis Extract. Both of these ingredients are seen standalone or in conjunctions with other joint support ingredients in other products and throughout my experiences in years of lifting, I have heard accounts of people that attest to success in decreasing their joint pain by supplementing with them.

The other components are internet searchable to show similar amounts of success in reducing joint pain and inflammation. What I was most excited about, was that there were 2 ingredients that I had heard of, and a few others that also showed so much promise in helping promote healthy tendons, ligaments, joints, etc. With a little review of the amount per serving all ingredients were in amounts that were at least and if not more than studies showed as effective; specifically the Heteropterys Aphrodisiaca Extract per serving is over twice the amount that I could find per serving for studies online. I do not know with all herbals if there is a ceiling effect, but herbals tend to be very safe and I would not mind taking in "extra" just to be make sure I am getting the effect that I am.

What I also liked in here, is what I DIDN'T see, which wasn't your run-of the mill "glucosamine/chrondritin," etc. This was something different than what most joint supplements are out there. The Antaeus Labs' website also goes into great detail about each ingredient: http://www.antaeuslabs.com/achilles.html

This comes in tasteless gel capsules. Some gel caps still have odd after tastes, but after downing this simply with water I don't recall any taste.

Since it is caps there is not mixing, just a few capsules, depending on how much you decide to take (personally, I increased to 3 caps twice daily).

Dosing is simple. I started as the bottle suggested, with two capsules in the AM, repeated in the PM. After a few days I quickly decided to increased to 3 capsules twice a day. The bottle suggests not to exceed 6 capsules per day.

This is an area where I have to note that I started taking this while already injured. I have a chronic soft-tissue injury to my left arm, involving muscle and tendon of the joint. I was interested to see if this would help heal that injury, but do not base my effectiveness off of that specifically. Other joints that have been feeling kind of iffy were my neck, lower back and knees. This is based off those areas, and keeping in mind that these types of products don't just magically usually start showing rapid improvement overnight:
    My first several days of taking this, I used 2 caps twice daily. I did not feel any improvement or change in the way my joints were feeling, specifically soreness and tightness behind my knees after deadlifting, so I increased to 3 caps twice daily.
    After the next 2-3 weeks, I still felt comparably the same amount of soreness behind my knees after deadlifting and being on my feet all day at work. Also, I did not feel that this product helped my elbow at all during my use of it.

After about 4 weeks of taking this (which this lasted just a few days over that for me in length of usage), I finally noticed a decreased in my knee soreness. I also had been undergoing physical therapy for my left arm, which involved my neck in some treatments. My neck was also feeling more loose and lax, but I am not sure that it was related to this supplement or the PT.

The difficult thing about these types of supplements (in my opinion) is that their effects take consistent usage to show results. For me, 4 weeks really was not a long enough time period to notice night and day success of the ingredients in this product. I have NO DOUBT that cissus and boswelia do decrease inflammation in the joint and promote better joint health, but I was unable to produce that within the bottle that I took.

One 180 capsule bottle runs you $31 on the manufacturer's website. That's just a a few cents over a dollar a day for a month supply of joint support. If this were a product that I found worked well, this price would REALLY affordable in my opinion. For me, I would have to run another month after the initial to test the effectiveness. If you are going to give this joint support a try, I would recommend committing for a few months, and really seeing if you can notice the results.

Ultimately, I would not try this again, based on what it did not prove to me within the first 4 weeks, but if you have had good success with any of these products standalone or in other products, this would be worth a shot.

Side Effects

I noticed absolutely NO side effects from this.

Conclusion

I had high hopes for this. I did not expect it to heal a pre-existing injury, but if it helped I would have been pleased. The let down in this product was that it showed its strength toward the very end of the bottle, and did not really make a huge difference in the amount of soreness and aching I was feeling as much as I was hoping that it would. I did not have any negative side effects, but wanted more from it. If you have used any of these ingredients with success in the past, this is priced well for you to try it out and it might be worth a shot.

Thanks to Advanced Molecular Labs for sending it out!
      March 11, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pumps
    • Complete List Of Ingredients
    • Clinically Dosed Ingredients
    • Convenient Because It Is Complete
    • Higher Caffiene
    • Frothy When Mixed With Anything Other Than Water

My experiences with pre-workouts ("PWO's" for short) is quite extensive. I recall my first ever PWO being the original formula of a popular product, who's hard-hitting ingredients are now banned in the United States. That being said, over the last 5 years I have tried some really great PWO's and some really awful, non-delivering products. Huge thanks for Advanced Molecular Labs for letting the Expert Reviewers on SR give their "PreWorkout" a try!

This particular product comes right out with bold statements of "scientifically formulated," "highest potency & concentration," "BEST TASTE," "#1 PERFORMANCE ENHANCER"...so if this is truly the "most revolutionary preworkout ever developed" I had better be blown away by its' profile.
    I will start off by stating that this bottle has 20 servings, at 90 calories a serving. I see 1 gram of carbohydrates per scoop, which can account for 4 calories. I have no idea exactly what else is making those other 86 calories in this scoop. I count my macros and like to pay attention to carbs, and this just boggled my mind a bit.
    The first chunk of the listed amount of ingredients are minerals/electrolytes, etc. and rest are broken into 3 prop blends.
    The first of those three blends is an "adrenaline & dopamine activator" blend including 400mg of caffeine **PROPS FOR LISTING EXACT AMOUNTS!** as well as the bioperine, which I am seeing in a lot of common pre-workouts that I would put on the top of my favorited list. Personally, I think that being a pepper derivative it does enhance thermogenesis in the body, as well as truly increasing absorption and uptake of other nutrients, and I love seeing it in my PWO!
    The second section of prop blends is "Nitric Oxide Activators." I like again that even though the total of this blend is 6.7g, they specifically note that 6grams of that is citrulline malate. Personally, this is one of the main reasons that I chose to pick this PWO to try. I love how my body utilizes citrulline malate for BOTH pumps and more so for its aid in endurance for long lifting sessions. I always use a minimum of 6 grams, and I like NOT having to add in more if my PWO does not already include it, because it is tart on its own and sometimes causes a mild upset stomach. The other parts of this blend are the beet root, watermelon fruit extract, etc. other ingredients that I see maybe one or another in a PWO, but typically not all of these together.
    The third prop blend to finish things off is the "Power, Stength & Endurance" section, where you have a total listed 11.819g of ingredients (did we have to go to the hundredth decimal place??) maybe we did, but they do a great job of listing within that blend the exact amount of some ingredients. Creatine monohydrate (5gram), so if you didn't want to you don't have to supplement in more on your own while utilizing this; Betaine anhydrous (2.5gram) for lean muscle growth; Beta-alanine (2gram) again, enough certainly for me to get the tingles and get pumped up to lift.

Overall, I am really pleased with the high, 'clinically' effective amounts of ingredients in this profile. Even though many individuals are steering away from proprietary blends, this product lists what I would consider the most important ingredients, in specific amounts. The amounts included are also within or above levels of most other PWO's that I have utilized, and this shows that there really is no where that this product shouldn't shine. The label also warns against ingesting more than one scoop a day and in regards to one serving having 400 mg of caffeine, I liked those warnings. There is no need for the user to add in extra of anything, as nothing that is in here is as all lacking, and is in the higher end of what I have read and proven within my own use to WORK well in PWO's.

Taste: 7/10
    This flavor was fruit punch, which has been done thousands of times before. This was a normal, fruity punch flavor, without being overly tart and I really appreciated that. I prefer a milder preworkout, so I did tend to mix it with a little more water (or seen in "EFFECTIVENESS" section below, I would mix less powder in). There wasn't any crazy, funky after taste that I can think of, which would also have been a big turn off for me.
    Mixability: 3/10
    I would mix 3/4 to 1 full scoop in mostly water or a mix of water and whatever was in my shaker being drank prior to working out (most almond or soymilk and green tea...yuck). The taste of THAT was gross, but I would expect that result. The water mixability for this was just OK. This foamed up a great deal, and even after leaving it to settle in the car while driving there would still be some foam on the top of the water. When I would add this with other things i my shaker, the foaming was insane, so much so that it would just be foam left in the shaker at the end, which I could attempt to swirl around and shoot down the hatch with more water, but it would take a lot of effort and messing with. At that point, whether it was with water or other liquid, it would be easiest to drink as much as I could, and rinse the foam out and refill the shaker with water to lifting.
    Dosing: 6.5/10
    I would have to say that the dosing for this product was a little tricky for me to nail down. At first I mixed an entire scoop and went at my workout. I think that it had entirely too much caffeine for me to take in all at once, and I found that i felt over-heated and flush in the face after my warm up and stretching, before I even got into any seriously heavy lifts. If I managed to breeze through my warm-up sets, and did a higher intensity super-setting workout, I would still get very red/flush in the face and just so over-heated that I would have to take a break to splash some water on the face and take a breather. After a few of those kinds of workouts, I had to dial the scoop down to about 3/4 of the scooper. At this level, there was (awesome) less frothing in the shaker and less over-heating during workouts. The issue that I have with that is now I am only get about 75% of everything in the label, assuming it is mixed in equally throughout the tub, being loose powder.

This was effective, but almost TOO effective for me. But do not fear- that does not mean it is a bad thing(I ended up needing a little less than a scoop and stretched the bottle out further!) I am someone that tends to take in a lot of stimulants throughout any given day. I also tend to have 200-300 mgs of caffeine in most of my PWO powders, but do not usually get much higher than that immediately preworkout. This PWO definitely got the Beta Alanine tingles going, it increased heart rate, it gave me a little more focus, it got me sweating, and it certainly helped fuel me through hour long or more lifting sessions. When I took one scoop it was just so much that it took away from my training and I could not train without dialing it back.

I think that even with me cutting down the scoop, it still provided me with enough of the effective ingredients that it helped get my blood flowing and helped with my endurance during my lifting. I did not feel a huge energy crash after using this, but I did notice that the sessions I used this, I was hitting the water fountain a lot more, and I think that the higher caffeine and (maybe BioPerine?) was a bit dehydrating.

With that being said, I also got moderate pumps during my workout. They were consistent and I really enjoyed that effect, without having to take another pump product on top of my PWO. I felt it most on upper body workouts, and it was something I really liked. Most of my workouts while using this PWO I was not able to get super heavy, but still got in volume and still felt that the effects of my training were helping make lean mass gains.

I quickly Google searched this at its cheapest to be $39.99 a tub. Other sources, including the Advanced Molecular Labs website, runs the consumer $50 a tub. That is really quite far more than I am willing to spend on a PWO online if it is truly 20 servings. Seeing as I could have used .75 of a scoop, this tub TRULY would be about 26 servings, and $1.50 a serving. That is on the higher end of preworkouts out these days, but the user needs to take into consideration, you could also be spending $1 for a PWO that you are still adding extra ingredients into, or that you wish had "more endurance" enhancers or "more pump" properties. For me, this truly had everything that I wanted in a PWO.
    I am also then looking at the complete profile for convenience of not having to carry a few extra tubs of anything else, as mixing in whatever I would feel another, less costly PWO would be lacking.
    This is coming from a cheepskate- this price is worth it if you are looking for a complete PWO.

Side Effects

Other than the flush feeling and increased sweating/possible minor dehydration, there were no crazy side effects. I do not recall any GI issues, and to my surprise I did not have any stimulant crashes or sleeping issues from using this for evening training. IF you are sensitive to stimulants prior to bed, I would not recommend this particular PWO.

Conclusion

This a strong preworkout with no frills. It is straightforward, and truly lives up to its claims. It has a higher amount of caffeine per serving than I typically consume for my preworkout, but even dialing it down a bit, I was able to reap all of this supplement's benefits. If you like having the initial Beta alanine tingles, the caffeine rush, the endurance to keep fueling through an hour or more of training, and pump factors then this is a Preworkout WORTHY of you giving a try. Just stick to mixing it in plain water, with NO OTHER powders- you'll thank me for it later!!

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      March 7, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Well
    • Super Clean Protein
    • No Fillers
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Great Value
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • Ful Discretion Label
    • A Bit Pricey

I am thankful that the Supplement Reviewer's Expert Reviewer program gave me a chance to try this whey isolate. Protein powders have become a regular, daily part of the nutrition aspect of my training and I tend to use whey protein upon waking and peri-workout.
    Over the years I have used some great powders, to very cruddy (in regards to taste and quality) and had specific hopes for this being whey isolate.

This profile is 100% transparent. That is a great thing about this product and the 'Nutrabio' company in general. The label not only lists everything inside of the product, but it even gives specific amounts of the added flavoring, sweeteners, etc. by volume. I will point out that one serving is 110 calories, 25grams protein, 0 grams of fat, and 2grams of carbs. There is NO sugar, fillers, prop blends, maltodextrin, fat, and many other perks that I urge you to read here: http://www.nutrabio.com/product/WPI2/
    Also, this is a TRUE whey isolate. It is NOT a blend. There are no other forms of whey in here, and you are getting a very effectively, quick digesting form of whey. I cannot express how much I really appreciate protein powders void of fillers and maltodextrin and other unnecessary 'junk' that the majority of protein powders out on the market today have.

The vanilla flavor was really "fresh" to me, meaning it was not overly "fake" tasting and also did not leave any funky after tastes in my mouth. I really liked the vanilla both by itself or mixing it with other things. Because it was so good and true vanilla flavored, it mixed well with other protein flavors (like chocolate casein), breakfast cereals, water, add-ins like fruits...
    What I noticed with mixability was that blended in a blender this was great. It also worked well in water or thin liquids mixed with a utensil. In thicker milks, like almond or soymilk, it didn't dissolve quite as well, but for comparison, in water, it really mixed well and almost required no mixing. In shakers this was an ace. It did not stick to the shaker cup and needed minimal shaking.
    As for dosing: the amount of protein per scoop is about what I like to have first thing in the morning and post workout, which is what I typically used this for. I really want to get the fastest whey that I have on hand first thing in the AM and right after I lift. IT would work OK in other scenarios, but I would actually prefer to utilize whole foods, which would keep my fuller longer, and would save the consumer on the cost of this protein, by just using it when I think it would most benefit the lifter. In the morning, I usually would do one scoop, and the same or post workout. Post-workout I would mix in casein and other protein sources, but I found that one scoop was easy to measure out and did the job to give me my whey protein I wanted.

I found this to be superbly effective. I know that is one of, if not THE single most difficult thing to asses when it comes to protein powders. (It's protein, so how do you know that it is more effective than other powders?) I take into consideration the overall above factors (taste, mixability, profile) as well as it meeting my macro desires within my diet and if there were any ill-effects (ie. GI upset). This delivered as well as any whey isolate could, the taste, mixing, profile was all spot on, and it was very easy on the digestive system. That's tens in my book!! For the soreness, or DOMS, I do not think that this worked better than having a longer digesting whey form, but I certainly did not notice that I was having more DOMS while utilizing this in my diet.

A 2 pound tub runs $39.99. In comparison, I do not think that this is too far out of the realm of what consumers are paying for a great whey isolate in the current market. There are certainly more cost effective options out there, but a total comparison of the profile should be done to make your own judgments. This currently would cost $1.29 per serving. I would love to have that priced a bit lower, but when you are looking for great quality whey isolate and transparent label, you can expect that the price of that product might be a bit steeper than some of the other isolates on the market that don't quite deliver as impressively.N
    I also noticed that other products tend to give the consumer a steeper deal if they buy a huge tub and Nutrabio doesn't seem to do this as much. I would love to see a bit of a discount from buying a large amount.

Side Effects

There were no ill side effects from this product.

Conclusion

I have nothing negative to say about this product from Nutrabio. Their whey isolate is clean and delivers just how I would expect from this company. It was perfect first thing in the AM and immediately post-lifting. It is not perfect for every scenario in which one might ingest protein whey, but it works great when it is needed. It tasted and mixed great and I truly have no complaints there either. From personal experience in ordering from the company online, I can personally attest to have an excellent customer service experience. I would like to utilize this protein powder in the future and urge those looking to get into a higher grade whey isolate to give this brand a shot!!

Overall
    Thanks to AI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      February 14, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • No Digestive Issues
    • Low Fat
    • Low Calorie
    • Straight Whey Blend
    • Too Many Artificial Sweeteners

I was excited to try this product from AI Sports Nutrition through the SR Expert Reviewers program. I utilize protein powders on a daily basis and I like to try different brands and flavors to expand my horizons; this being my first try with AI Sports 100% Whey Protein. My experience with large name and small name whey products is quite vast, so I will compare this product here to what I have used in my personal past experiences.

This 2 pound tub contains 28 servings with: 22 grams of whey blend protein in each scoop, 5g carbs (1g sugars), 2g fats. I like this profile from a macronutrient standpoint. I try to stay away from high carb/sugary powders and find it most versatile for me to have the 'one scoop' serving delivering 20+ grams of protein to work best for me. Upon further examination, however, I have some concerns....
    The "other ingredients" lists a few things that I also tend to try and stay away from. Those mainly are the words "creamer." One of the parts of this "creamer" is maltodextrin, which is an artificial sweetener ( simple carbohydrate) and other various ingredients that I consider fillers. Some might be useful as preservatives, but after the "creamer" comes another ingredient 'polydextrose' which is another artificial, low calorie sweetener. These probably don't do a lot of harm in small amounts, and if they are not ingested regularly, but if you are on a specific diet in which carbohydrates are of concern I think that you should consider these ingredients in your protein powders. If a few grams here and there of extra carbohydrates will make or break your diet goals, take that into consideration with this product. The nutrient profile says one thing, but the ingredients might still impact your waistline in another way; artificial sweeteners can still impact insulin, and other things that some people concern themselves with. There is also sucralose (artifical sweetener) to top off the sweeteners.
    For me, I am a very active, young, relatively lean individual and my goals for adding this into my diet were a tasty, high-protein tool, and it justified those needs, even with the slight (what I consider) downfalls of the ingredient list.
    Something else to touch on, the protein itself is not 100% Whey Isolate, but rather a mix of concentrate and isolate, with concentrate listed first. It is definitely more concentrate than isolate if I had to guess, based on the mixability (thickening). Some people may want that blend and others might not, so be aware of that if it is something that you do not want in your whey powder.

The flavor sent to me was "Cinnamon Bun." The taste of this was quite good. I have never tried an entire tub of any 'cinnamon' or 'snickerdoodle' type protein in the past, but this was really quite spot on and blows all the other ones away! It had a sweet taste, which I thought would compliment mixing it with other things, like cereals, fruits, other protein powders post workout (all of which I did). It would probably be great in most recipes for pancakes or doing donuts/baked goods with protein powder; I didn't realize this potential baking perk until I had used all the powder up, but it'd be great that way too. (And also probably a sweet taste from all the sweeteners!!!)
    Mixability was slightly better than average, but not great. I could put it in a blender with minimal powder sticking to the sides. It wouldn't clump. When it was mixed by spoon/utensil it would stick to the spoon no matter what. Not a huge deal. The other odd thing that I noticed was during my food prep. I would typically prep food for the next day, sometimes doing an overnight, cold oatmeal type breakfast. When I would leave this in the container for several hours, it would thicken a bit. Other whey powders really don't tend to do this. I would imagine it is due to being a blend of isolate AND concentrate, and possibly some other additions of thickeners. Really unsure, but the consistency would be a thinned out, gelatinous cold oatmeal. It sounds gross, but it still tastes great and didn't bother me once I expected it to happen.
    Dosing is completely up to the individual. I tended to utilize just one scoop at any given serving. I'd use one scoop with my breakfast most days, and it would be my main source of quick digesting protein first thing in the morning. I don't care about 'super-hydro-faster-digesting-awesome-o' whey for my first protein intake of the day. Whey concentrate blends are fine for me. Due to the thickening tendency of this, I did not find it easy to pre-mix for use during the middle of the day. I also avoided it pre-workout, although I did try it once, and it didn't have any negative side effects. It is a bit more filling than just isolate and I want to avoid it pre-lifting. Post workout, I would still use once full scoop, no more/less, and add a little casein in with it. It works well post workout too.

There isn't much that I can say about this protein that doesn't differ from most Whey blends out there. It's effectiveness is right around 7.5/10 for me. It tasted great, it blended fine, filled me up, didn't hurt my gut, and I didn't have any added issues with fatigue or DOMS.
    This worked to help me reach my daily protein goals and that is exactly what I am looking for in a whey protein.
    I actually looked forward to this in the morning too, and it was great to know that the first meal of the day was going to kick butt and help me kick start reaching my diet/fitness goals. I always knew in the back of my head though, with this, I am still getting in all those artificial sweeteners/fillers and I didn't love that. Without those, I feel that it would be ever MORE effective. I am concerned hat those may have a slight negative effective on my ability to stay as lean a I would like.

One 2 pound tub is $39.99 of the AI Sports Nutrition site, and as soon as you hop on it offers you a 20% off code, knocking that price down to 31.99. That's $1.14 a serving. The cheapest I have seen it anywhere is around $28. It's not the most cost effective protein out there, but is not too much money for me to not give it a try for a strict whey-only blend that tastes good. If you are looking for a new flavor and perhaps want something new for morning shakes, I would think this would be worth a try.

Side Effects

There were no side effects from this that I could note. I didn't have any GI issues and never burped this up. I do not have an iron stomach either, so this is a promising thing for me trying a new protein powder.

Conclusion

I am pleased with this product in whole, but I do see some areas for improvement. I think it was best for first morning protein and sometimes post workout; although you could use it any other time during the day, other options might be better (ie. other protein sources or real food). I tended to want more of an isolate for peri-workout uses. This would be acceptable for those times, but I don't know that it would be the best product for it. Price is reasonable. I didn't bake/cook with it, but the flavor would be spot on for that use as well. I really did not like the extra artificial sweeteners, the "creamer" in the ingredient list, and honestly see through the '100%' in the name. It is all whey protein, but not 100% of one type of whey, as some buyers may assume from a name. A little misleading, but that's marketing. I cannot deny that the flavor was awesome and I looked forward to having this every morning just from the taste. If you are looking for something delicious and something different, I would give this a try, but if you are very focused on dialing in your macronutrients and avoiding artificial junk in your diet, this would not be the best option for you.