SSGdimsmash

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 2 years ago

Reviews by SSGdimsmash

December 30, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Night Sleep!
  • Deep Sleep
  • Overpriced
Alright guys here is my review of HGH Pro. First of all I would like to thank Makeshift for giving me the oppurtunity to log this product. For thos of you that followed my log you know I did enjoy this product. I will be reviewing this product as a sleep aid supplemnent. I know it is marketed to increase HGH production, but I have no way to confirm this aspect of it. Now to the review.

Dosing/taste- 10/10 Taste is non-existant. I had no capsules break while using it, and never tasting anything with it. Its an easy product to dose. 4 caps 30-45 minutes before going to bed. Towards the end of the product I tried a 2 caps a night dosing to see how it worked. I will get into this more later.

Effectiveness- 7/10 Here is what AI's site says this product will do.

What HGH PRO WILL do:

- Promote healthy HGH levels.
- Promote deeper and more restful sleep
- Increase appetite
- Increase strength
- Increase recovery
- Promote clear skin
- Support optimal acetyl-choline production
- Control prolactin
- Control somatostatin
- Increase fat loss

The biggest thing this product affected for me was my sleep. While taking this product I had amazingly vivid dreams. I also woke up MOST mornings feeling refreshed and fully recovered. I guess since HGH does assist in recovery I could say that there is a chance I did experience an increase, because my reovery time was reduced. I don't want to speculate on that though because I believe getting better sleep assists in recovery also. I did experiance a small increase in appetite do to the L-dopa. I didn't notice any strength increases I could contribute dirctly to this product, nor any increas in skin health. Fat loss I won't comment on because I was using compound 20 and a fat burner while on this. I want to make clear though this product gave me the best 30 days of sleep I've had in a long time. Better than any night I have had using ZMA and melatonin. Now for the nights I dosed 2 caps instead of the 4. I initialy thought it was working just as good as the 4 caps a night did. That effect only lasted for 3 days, Then 2 caps a night had absoulutely no effect. I believe the nights it did work was due to the build up ingedients in my system. I'm not factoring this into my score though because 4 a night worked great.

Value- 7/10 this sells for 54.99 on AI's site, and can be found else where for around 35. In comparison agian as a sleep aid. I can get ZMA and melatonin together for alot cheaper than this even at it's cheapest. However AI is known to run 50% off sells, and think at that price it is worth picking up for sure.

Profile- NA Just wanted to list the ingredients on here for anyone interested. Im not rating the profile because I dont know enough about each ingredient to speak on it, but I figured I would list it here for refrence.

AlphaSize® (Alpha-Glycerol Phosphoryl Choline) (Alpha-GPC) 500mg
Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) 600mg

Human Growth Hormone Poteniator Complex: 1161mg
Mucuna Puriens (99% L-Dopa)
Green Tea (98% Polyphenols, 50% EGCG)
Shilajit (5% Fulvic Acid)
Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine HCI)
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid)
Zinc (As Zinc Chelate)

Side effects-6/10 (10 being bad) There were mornings exspecially in the begining that I just wouldn't want to get out of bed. I would feel hazy like my mind was trapped in a fog. After the first week or so it subsided, but would still come back at random. That's what led me to experiment with the 2 caps a night. I had something going on one morning and couldn't risk the fog effect. That to me does kinda bring this product down some. It sucks having to worry about whether or not you'll be able to start the morning full speed ahead. I aslo had a few nights that I had smokey burps. No big deal didn't have any affect on the product doing it's job. Just wierd.

Overall though I would suggest this product. Exspecially if it is on sale. It helped me get some great nights of amazing sleep and increased my recovery. If they could fix the haze effect it would be an amzing product. That could also be something that isnt an issue for every one, but it was an issue for me.

December 29, 2011

• Protein Is Protein To An Extent
  • Doesnt Mix Well
  • Tastes Bad
  • Bad Gas
All right guys heres a review for my go to in a pinch protien. Being in Afghanistan at the momenet there are times when shipping takes a little longer than expecxted, and I run out of my good whey isolate protien. This stuff here is the only supplement I will buy from the on post PX over here, because everything else is way over priced. Now to the review.

Dosing- 10/10 Its a protien powder nothing hard about doseing this I use it soley for post workout with a mix of dextrose and creatine. 1 scoop gives you 26g's 2 scoops gives you 52g's of protien I normally go 1 and a half.

Mix...

Mixability- 6/10 this stuff clumps in my blender bottle, and is pretty grainy. Im assuming it's the creatine in this that makes it grainy. I just pound it down so this nor the taste really matters to me.

Taste- 6/10 I always go with the chocalate. I've tried the vanilla, but its definitely not for me. The chocolate is bearable, but if you've had any real good protien shake before you'll imediatly relize this isn't one of them.

Effectiveness- 8/10 It does what its supposed to do allows me to get protien in my sytem quick and easy after a hard workout. Its not the best quality stuff, but like I said it's the best as far as I feel in a pinch.

Side effects- Horrid gas this stuff makes my roomates hate me for the first few days. It eventually fades off, but when its happening Im clearing buildins with this stuff.

Value- 8/10 It's 18.50 for the 2lb tub out here. I know it can be found cheaper, but I'll only got the PX to choose from.

Overall- 8/10 I know there are better choices out there, but if you need a good protien and you waiting for a shipment of your regular stuff this will get you through.

December 19, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dryness
  • Vascularity
  • Promotes Lean Muscle Mass
  • Increased Perspiration
  • Pricey
Alright guys heres my Compound 20 review. First Like everyone else I want to thank Anabolic Adam for allowing me to log this.

Alright so Compound 20(C20) is supposed to be the supplement version of Clen. Without any of the stimmed out feeling caused by receptor spill over. The couple sheets of paper my bottle came with had a line in them that said "We dare you to get fat on this." Well I unintentionally accepted this challenge. Now for that how that went.

Dosing/taste: 9/10 You dose C20 2 upon waking and 2 6-8 hours later. They suggest on the bottle it be with small meal or snack. They also let you know that it will increase it's effectiveness if one of the doses is an hour before working out. I doesed all my dose generally on an empty stomach due to my daily eating habits being deployed not always being in my control. When feasible for me I dosed as many doses as possible an hour before workout. Now I'm sure many of you are asking why isn't it a 10/10 well there where a few times the capsules didn't quite make it down all the way before opening. This left a akward stale chocalate taste in the back of my throat that seemed to last a good hour or so. If it had been something that I was able to wash away no big deal, but it stuck there till it felt like leaving.

Effectiveness: 10/10 well I responded pretty quickly to a couple aspects of C20. Within a few days I notice I was dryer and mor vascular than I was while taking just Erase. I also noticed an increase in pumps ocassionally. That effect wasn't there always. There where a few days in the begining that I coluld feel my temperture increased. Which caused me to sweat heavily. To me a sign it was working. Now for what I found to be the best thing about C20, and the end result of me accepting the get fat dare. My diet went to poo while on this. Yet I was still able to lose almost an entire inch from my mid-section. Granted I was also taking OEP while on this, but I never had a fat burner help me at all if my diet wasnt in line. I put this benifit solely on the C20. Thats why this is getting a 10 from me on effectiveness.

Sides: 9/10 Basically none. Only real apparent side was it's affect on my daily BM. It basically regulated it which I found weird, but also caused it be a little runny for the first few days. slight the stomach cramping in the begining, but nothing major kinda like I had a little gas.

Value: 7/10 And this is where they get you. Yes this product does work, but like most products I feel it would work best at an 8 week run. It's running around 50 dollars online a bottle. So with that being said 1 bottle is pricey you wanna go for 2 your a C-note in the hole.

Overall: I was very pleased with my results from C20. I feel it is one of those supplements that could be added to any training phase. Whether it be bulk, cut, or a recomp. I actually feel a recomp would be were this product shines. I would definitley recommend this product. I will when I have the time, and extra cash be running a 8 week go at this stuff.

December 16, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dries You Out
  • More Libido
  • Muscle Hardening
  • Huge Strength Gains
  • Fat Loss
  • Removes Water Weight
  • Increased Visible Vascularity
  • Slight Joint Discomfort
Alright guys so for those of you who followed my log you know I enjoyed this product. For those of you who didnt heres my review on it.

Doseing: 7/10 I'm not a fan of something I have to take mutiple times a day. I dosed this 1 when I woke up 1 post workout, and 1 6-8 hours after that. There were times that I would forgot the last dose due to having a poo ton of stuff going on it wouldn't cross my mind.

Effectiveness: 8/10 A litt;e background on my previous supp use. This is my first anti- estrogen I have you used. This is the reason I'm not rating it higher, because I have nothing to compare it to. This is also a cortisol blocker. I have used Supress-C for strictly cortisol support before. This did noticeably reduce my estrogen levels. Which was shoen through visible dryness, and slightly sore joints. It also assisted in I feel in reduceing my man boobage. The cortisol control was apperant in the reduction of my lower abdominal fat. I also saw a large increase in my visible vascularity. Due the drying out effect. Exspecially in my arms, but it also helped me bring out the vien running across my shoulders which was awesome. I definitley felt an increase in libido, but this may have also been from the DAA I stacked it with. This also was kind of a minus seeing as how Im deployed nad the wife is stateside.

Sides: 9/10 I didn't experaince many. In the first 2 weeks My joints were a little sore and achy, but nothing unbareable. I used a fish oil supp as well as glucosamine and chondroitin while on this. So that may be what prevented the severe joint pain at 3 a day some report.

Value: 8/10 I got this product on sale for 23.99 from Tf supplememts which is a great price for what it does. It is normally around 28-30 though which is why I didnt give it a 10. Not only that you will get the best results if you run to bottles back to back for 60 days. Which brings the cost to about 60 again reduceing the value factor.

Overall I highly recommend this product for those looking to get some assistance in estrogen control. I stacked this with DAA, and had some great results in strength gains, and body composition improvement.

December 6, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Great Amino Profile
  • Gave Good Pump
  • Better Recovery
  • You Can Stack It With Many Other Supps
  • Smells Like Dog Food
  • Lots Of Big Pills
  • Large Tablets
This is one of those products that as stated before is hard to really know or see the benifits of while on it. I waited for a month after being off the product to write this review so I could make comparisons to how I felt without it.

Profile: 10/10
Vitamin B12 5mcg 85%
Calcium 120mg 12%
Phosphorus 100mg 10%

Choline 22mg **
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Daily Value (DV) not established.

Typical Amino Acid Profile

Vitamin B12 5mcg 85%
Calcium 120mg 12%
Phosphorus 100mg 10%

Choline 22mg **
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Daily Value (DV) not established.

Typical Amino Acid Profile
(Grams Of Amino Acids In 100g Of Liver)
L-Alanine 5459mg **
L-Threonine 2530mg **
L-Tryptophan† 1011mg **
L-Tyrosine 2900mg **
L-Valine 4196mg **
(copy and pasted from BB.com)
To me thats pretty good It allows you to get some extra protien in your diet, and also gives you a good amount of aminos

Dosing/value: 10/10 I dosed this 6 pills 3x's daily with food for about 8 weeks. So it didn't last as long for me as it may for others, but at $13.50 for 250 pills its a great deal, and thats what I'm paying for it at a Dutch shoppette in Afghanistan I'm sure it can be found cheaper.

Taste: 7/10 I know it's a pill you swallow it quickly, but these things are big and they do smell. It's basicaly a compressed liver, and it smells and taste just like fishing bait to me.

Effectiveness: 8/10 I've noticed since being off of these that my muscles aren't as hard and full as they were consistenly throughout the day while on them. My recovery dipped down by about a day for leg day DOMS. Which is what I use to gauge recovery in a product.

Overall: 8/10 I will definitley be using this again now that I've had time to see the difference in not using them. They are an easy way to add some protien and aminos into your diet. And for the price kinda like a multi in my opinion. Some say it's not needed while other say it's a must. I say it's cheap enough so just get some regardless.

October 30, 2011

• Assists With Recovery
    I recieved a full tub of this product as a freebie when a company screwed my order up. I was kinda glad they had screwed up after about a week of using it. I had a very noticable increase in recovery time. I used this only as an intra-workout supp. I used this in my camel back while running a half marathon 2 days ago. I put 1 scoop in for every mile (13) with 1 in a half liters of water. I am not nearly as sore as I thought I would be. Now to the meat of the review.

Taste: 8/10 I had the blue reasberry it was a little weak following the recommended dosing but 6 scoops in 10 oz ( which is what I used after day 3) tasted awesome.

Mixability: 9/10 This was my first BCAA product so Im not to sure about others. I found though that after a few shakes, and then letting it sit for about 10 minutes it would fully mix the next shaking I gave it.

Profile: I won't give this a number rating because as I said this is my first BCAA supp, and I'm not a 100% sure if this is a good profile or not.
    Total Amino Acid Content: 10.5g

L-Valine **
    Essential Amino Acids: 4g

Recovery Agent

L-Glutamine 2g

I do wish though that it wasnt listed as a propietery blend. I like knowing how much of each thing I'm getting.

Recovery: 10/10 this is where I feel this product shined. I have increased my training here recently and had been quite sore. After a week of consistent use I noticed my recovery time cut down by around 30% which I think is great.

Value: 9/10 This can be found for around 15 bucks. Which I don't think is bad at all considering the recovery boost it gave me.

I feel this is a very good product. At the moment Im not making any more supp purchases, but when I do this will be bought again. If for nothing else I will use it on my long distance runs. I feel this has alot to due with how good I feel after running that half marathon. Im still sore, but the other members of my platoon that ran it are limping around from there pain. I'm just a little stiff getting up lol.

July 4, 2011

• Only 1 Scoop Per Serving
    • Shows All Nutritional Information!
    • Incredible Focus And Energy
    • Has Built In Fat Burners
    • One Scoop Does The Magic Trick
      First review here we go.
      First review here we go.
      Just finished my first tub of Razor 8 Blast powder and I have to say this stuff is amazing. Used Jack3d previously went through 3 tubs of that. This stuff blows it out of the water it has everything you need but the Beta Alanine is a little low so I added my own to even it out, but it has all the creatine and akg you need. As far as the intensity of the stims wow for a stim junkie like me you cant beat it with 5 scoops of the other stuff. spend 2 hours a night in my dungeon of a gym in afghan could spend my whole shift. All of my lifts and my physique have improved drasticly while on it. The taste is not horrible but not as good as jack3d I shot gun so it doesnt affect me. I give it an 8 on value only because allstar health were i got it charges outrageously for APO shipping other than that its base price of 35.99 is a 10. Hope this review helps and wasnt horrible for my first.