SDS1582

• Moderate community participation

TROPHY CASE

Votes Cast

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Answers

Deals Shared

Forum Posts

Try Requests

Reputation

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. SDS1582 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 182 days.

Reviews by SDS1582

Overall
Overall
9.1
  December 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Profile And Dosages
  • Fat Loss
  • Good Energy
  • Insanely Good Flavor

Fat burners have been around for many years. Seems like at some point, nearly every supplement company came out with their version of a "fat burner." While these products come and go, I can't see Platinum Labs Opti-burn Amped going anywhere anytime soon. Platinum Labs has figured out the key to fat loss with this product.

Hi all. I was researching some other products on here several months ago when I came across this product. I was not even really cutting at the time or in the market for a fat burner. Normally I view them as "scams" or "placebo effect" products but I couldn't ignore all the trusted reviews on here so I ordered a bottle and decided to start cutting. While runnning this product, I was also using Nutrabio's Creatine Monohydrate, Animal Pak, and Nutrabio's Muscle Matrix Protein.

Platinum Labs really found the magic formula with these ingredients at these dosages:

First of all, it's mostly disclosed. The only undisclosed part are the amounts of "other ingredients" which include magnesium, sodium, flavoring, sucralose, malic and citric acid.
Here are the disclosed ingredients:

Carnitine (HCL) - 2.5 grams - I'm a fan of carnitine although I don't separately supplement with it. Carnitine is a staple ingredient in any fat burner product for its energy, metabolism, and overall "well being" properties. At 2.5 grams, this is an effective amount in my opinion.

Taurine - 1.5 grams - Nearly every energy drink has taurine in it and studies have shown it improves energy, and could improve mental capacity. I think this is a good dosage. To me Taurine is effective when combined with other ingredients (mainly caffeine) but by itself I don't know how effective it truly is. That said, it is a piece of the formula here and properly dosed.

CLA (500 MG)- I'm not a huge fan of CLA. It is a chemical found in fatty acids that allegedly helps with weight loss. There's evidence supporting weight loss in animals but I'm not convinced with the weight loss "evidence" for humans. It seems that more studies show CLA is better as an anti-inflammatory product than a specific weight loss product. At 500 MG, it's a solid dose based on daily values but for weight loss, if it really does help with weight loss, I'd like to see closer to a gram. That said, as a supporting ingredient in an overall formula, it probably contributes.

Lotus Leaf 10:1 extract (300 MG) - I don't have any prior experience with Lotus Leaf but from doing some research before I bought the product, it appears it has been shown to possibly be good for regulating blood pressure, reducing strees (which is probably a byproduct of BP regulating properties), digestion and, it also has been shown to reduce water retention, which is why I think it's a great addition to this overall ingredient profile.

African Mango seed 10:1 extract -(300 MG) - Again, this is another ingredient that by itself it's questionable if it really does anything at all. There are some studies showing that it can help with reducing cholesterol, regulating blood sugar levels, and control appetite (due to high fiber content). I think it compliments these other ingredients at this dosage, so I like that it's in here actually.

Horsetail stem - 4:1 extract - (300 mg) - Horsetail is a great plant that has been used for a variety of things ranging from hair growth/hair loss prevention, TB, urinary tract infections. It's included in this product for its diuretic effects. There really isn't a proven clinical dose as a diuretic so I can't say purely from the amount, whether or not it is properly dosed however I did pee my brains out when running this supplement so I imagine the Horsetail played a role.

Caffeine Anhydrous (250 MG) - This is a must in stim fat burners. I think this is a good dosage for its purpose. I always look at the overall purpose of the supp when considering the dosage of a particular ingredient. If I were using this soley as a pre-workout or was looking for pre-workout effects, me personally, I would like to see slightly more caffeine but as part of an ingredient profile for a fat burner, this is right on point IMO.

Green Coffee bean extract (250 MG) & Green Tea Extract (200 MG) - I combined these two because IMO they do more or less the same thing. Green Tea and Green Tea extract in particular have been shown to increase energy (mostly due to caffeine), regulate metabolism and provide anti-oxidant properties. Nearly every fat burner out there has green coffee bean extract or green tea extract in some form. I drink green tea daily (you should too) so I know it does increase energy and help my metabolism. 200 MG is good. I would maybe like to see a little bit more. I'm not as familiar with the green coffee bean extract dosages but it appears that this is a good dosage based on what I can find.

Raspberry Ketones(250 MG) - Again, not sure if this does anything by itself. There are a lot of claims out there but tests have never been done on humans, only rats and mice. There is some speculation that it could help in regulating metabolism.

Dandelion Root Extract (200 MG) - helps with blood sugar levels, acts as an anti-inflammatory, may have a positive effect on cholesterol. I know some people that use this as a separate supplement and have noted the anti-inflammatory properties, so in that regard I think it does work.

Higenamine HCL (50 MG) - This ingredient intrigues me. It seems to be showing up in many pre-workouts and is said to increase energy and also mood, cognitive focus, and also acts as a muscle relaxer. It was actually recently banned by WADA in professional sports, so any athletes on here BE CAREFUL with this product if you are tested. From what I can tell 50 MG is a solid dosage.

It may seem like I wasn't high on a lot of these ingredients, and I'm not as stand alone supps, but in this combination it is a "magic" profile, as you will see below when I talk about effectiveness

I was told the "Australian Summer" flavor is really good but I tried "Lemon & Lime" and I have to say it was fantastic! I found myself wanting to take more than one serving throughout the day because it tasted so good. There's no chemical taste whatsoever, it just tastes mostly like lemonade with lime infusion. I will tell you, the powder itself has a weird smell. Not necessarily a bad smell but when I opened it, I had to sniff it a couple of times because it was just strange. I can't explain it. It was almost like a "smokey" or "musty citrus" smell. The powder looks a little bit like sand. Kind of a coarse light brownish color. I only have experience with the Lemon and Lime Flavor so I'm not sure if they all look like this.

I mixed it in a shaker bottle mostly and few times in a vortex mixer. It always mixes smooth, very smooth which surprised me because just looking at the powder it doesn't look like it would. The color when mixed with water is like a yellowish, brownish color. Don't let this scare you, trust me, it tastes soooo good.

For the first week I ran this, I took it as a pre-workout about 30 mins before my workouts. The container says to take it immediately upon waking up, before your first meal of the day.
As a pre-workout, it was ok. Not great, not terrible. I felt the energy and maybe a slight increase in focus. However, the product is not intended as a pre-workout supplement so I can't knock it based on that.
After about a week, I started taking it after my workout (I lift early in the morning), usually while eating breakfast. I found this worked best for me.

After running one tub (12.6 oz), I lost a little over 7 pounds! I changed nothing in my routine as far as working out (did same amount of lifting and some cardio) or eating, so clearly this product worked! Almost too well. I think I thought I would probably lose 3-5 pounds most of it being water so this exceeded my expectations. I have dabbled with other thermogenics/fat burners over the years and had mild success at best but this stuff tasted so good that I thought there was no way it would work or that it would be "placebo effect" fat loss but it definitely was not.

I've always been kinda "skinny fat" over the years and this stuff has significantly helped in reducing extra fat in the typical male problem areas (abs, love handles, etc).

I would recommend taking one dose a day, and despite the good taste, do not exceed that amount. I can't imagine what would happen if someone was running this and hitting cardio really hard.

Some reviewers have talked about this significantly killing their appetite. I didn't notice that to that degree. I think it only slightly decreased my overall appetite.

I got this for $36 from LuckyVitamin.com and at less than $1.00/serving this is a steal, or at least it was for me, given how effective the product is. It's a little difficult to find and the few places that do have it usually have it for $39.99 which is still a good price, IMO.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Let's be honest, even if they won't (or don't want to) admit it, most people have at least a little extra body fat they would like to get rid of. Do yourself a favor and try a tub of this. If you like lemonade, get the Lemon & Lime flavor, drink this with your breakfast, and don't change anything. The results are real. I knocked some of the ingredients as standalones but together, Platinum Labs figured out the magic formula. Don't wast your money on any other fat burners. Seriously.

November 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • Non-GMO
  • FDA Inspected
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • No Added Anything
  • Repairs Muscle
  • May Be A Little Expensive
  • Whey Isolate Volume Per Serving Could Be Increased Slightly

A great protein blend from an extremely reliable, trustworthy company. There could be maybe a couple competitors that are "better" in certain categories but overall, Nutrabio's Muscle Matrix Protein is difficult to top.

Hey everybody. I recently finished my first run of this product. Prior to taking this I was using plant protein exclusively for a couple years not because of allergies or anything but just because I found a product I liked and stuck with it. After having used a couple other Nutrabio products, I decided to try this blend. I am also running Nutrabio's Creatine Mono with this.

This is a Nutrabio product so of course, the label is fully disclosed.
1 serving is equal to one scoop (31 grams).

Calories: 115 - This is the right amount, IMO. Most of the competitors fall within the range of about 100- 120 per serving.
Fat: Half a gram. Again, this is pretty normally and the right amount.
Carbs: Only 2 grams. I don't like protein supps with too many carbs, especially if I'm taking a carb supp pre, intra, or post workout
Sugar: Less than 1 gram. Again, solid here and surprising given how good this tastes (I'll get into that below). They do use sucralose for sweetening which I'm ok with but I know some people have an issue with it so be aware there is 65mg of Sucralose.

Protein: Ok, here's the important part - There's 25 total grams of protein which is broken down as follows:
Whey Isolate - 14.19 grams*
Micellular Casein - 10.81 grams*

*These amounts are the final yield after processing. I love that they disclose the amounts they start with and then the final yield (Whey - 16.31 grams; Casein - 13.35 grams). They could easily, as many companies would do, just take the amounts they start with and say that's how much protein is in each serving.
Overall, this is a solid protein protein profile for a blend. If I had to knock this a little bit, it would be here though. I think they could bump up the amount of whey isolate slightly. 16 or 17 grams would be ideal for a blend. I usually look for 15 grams as a minimum.

There's also a healthy amount of Calcium ( 387mg), and 173 mg of Phosphorus, as well as Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium.

AMINO PROFILE: There's a wide variety of aminos per serving. Everything from Lysine, Serine, Tyrosine to Gluatamine and Leuicine, and more. The total amount is only 5.2 grams which I think is a little light. I'd like to see it closer to 6 or 7 grams but still, I like the fact that there are both BCAAs and EAAs in each scoop.

Flavoring - "natural flavor," cocoa powder, xantham gum, salt, SUCRALOSE

Overall, I like these ingredients a lot. They're pretty typical for a protein blend product and there are no fillers, just ingredients that you need in effective doses.

I ran the "Dutch Chocolate" flavor and I have to say, I was very impressed. As I mentioned above, I had been on plant protein for a couple years so I got used to that faint "plant" taste. I have used whey protein before and I take casein at night so I know what milk proteins generally taste like. That said, this one has a smooth chocolatey flavor without the strong milky taste. I also really like that the aftertaste isn't extreme. As we probably all know, milk and wheys, caseins, milk proteins usually have a bad aftertaste. This has an aftertaste but it's not overpowering like I somewhat expected.

I mixed this in a shaker bottle and it mixed consistently without any "chunks" or residue on the sides or lid of the shaker. I mixed a scoop of creatine in it and that mixed nicely with Muscle Matrix Protein. This was not "foamy" but it was a little thick which I didn't mind since the taste was so good.

Dosing- I took one scoop/serving post-workout and in the 2lb jug, there's 29 servings.

Very effective. I was taking 30 grams of plant protein which is fast releasing like whey protein so I was a little worried there might be a drop off in effectiveness or gains because I was taking half as much "fast releasing" protein. However, I noticed solid gains, with no drop off with the additional benefit of feeling somewhat full for a longer period of time (which is what I was looking for) due to the casein. Previously, I'd take my post workout shake and be hungry a short time after whereas with this, I didn't feel as hungry for a longer period of time.
I not only used this post-workout but I also used it on non-workout days or as a "snack" throughout the day and it was definitely effective in terms of feeling full, like I ate.

You can get this directly from Nutrabio for $39.99 for the 2lb jug. Most retailers have it at $39.99 but I have seen it occasionally at $35.99. I have it on auto-ship at Vitamin Shoppe so I'm getting it for about $36. At the regular price with 29 servings that puts it at about $1.38 per serving. This is maybe a little high but given the fully disclosed label and the trustworthiness of Nutrabio, this is a fair price. RC's ProAntium is maybe slightly cheaper per serving but if you can get this at the cheaper $36 price, they're about the same.

Side Effects

None at all, which says a lot since I had not taken Whey in a couple of years.

Conclusion

Nutrabio's products are always fully disclosed which I love. This is a great post workout protein and I like the blend because it keeps protein in my system for several hours due to the slow release casein but yet still feeds my muscles with whey right after the workout. I am going to stay on this as my regular post work out protein for awhile. This protein blend is also effective as a snack or as part of a meal on non-workout days so the versatility adds to the overall soundness of the product.

November 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Has All You Nutreints
  • Good Amount Of Vit C And B Complex
  • Affordable Enough
  • Has Good Liver Support
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Great Muti- Vitamins.
  • A Lot Of Pills!
  • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner
  • Not Sure Which Pill Does What
  • Many Ingredients Are Underdosed

This legendary supplement has been around since the early 1980s. It's more than just a multi-vitamin. These "Paks" are commonplace in nearly every gym, if you keep your eyes open. Even if your diet is on point and your routine is solid, these are still a "must have."

Hi all. I'm in my late 30s and this review is based on my very first run of Animal Pak which I just completed. I remember back in high school, seeing the "yellow can" at the gym and again in college. It was always the "beasts" that had the Animal Paks so I assumed it was a supplement for bodybuilders. After all these years, I finally started researching the Pak and finally after reading reviews on this site, I decided to give it a try, so here we go....

I'm not going to list every single ingredient, as this thing is LOADED and has been reviewed many times. Here's what I think is important:

On the multi vitamin side you get the classics - A, C, D, E, B6 and B12. All are dosed in amounts well over the daily value.
Staying on the vitamin and mineral side you've also got Copper, Zinc (I love Zinc, great for colds, stomach woes, and just immune system in general), Magnesium (Many people, men in particular, don't get enough Magnesium), Calcium, Biotin, Iodine and many other of the "usual suspects" in most multi-vitamins.

Amino Acid Profile - This is where Animal Pak begins to separate itself from most of the competition:
174 mg of Glutamine (this is a smaller dose than you'd like for strictly a Glutamine supplement but this isn't strictly a glutamine supplement)
1213mg of Arganine, 279 mg Alanine, Proline (203 mg), Serline (250 mg - very underrated AA - helps with moods/serotonin production).
BCAAs and EAAs: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine (I love Lysine. If you are prone to getting cold sores, take this daily, and you'll barely ever get them), Valine

"Performance Complex" - Carnitine (25mg), Milk Thistle, Hawthorne Berry, "Uni-liver blend" (Liver, beef protein isolate - 4200 mg)

Antioxidants: ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid -100 mg), Pine Bark Extract (200mg), Kelp( Nutrients and vitamins up the wazoo in Kelp, 10 mg here), Lutein, Lycopene, and a few others

Lastly, "Digestive Enzyme Complex"
Bromelain 100 mg, Inulin 250 mg(I love inulin. Great for your gut. Feeds "good bacteria" and prevents "bad bacteria" in your gut), Lipase 10 mg

Individually, you might look at some of the dosages and think "those are little underdosed" but keep in mind that their goal here is to give you at least a decent amount of basically everything your body really needs. Like I said above, if I'm looking for more glutamine, I'll take a glutamine sup or if I want more Lysine, I'll take a lysine sup.

So, as we all know, there's 11 pills in each "pak." One serving is 2 paks (so keep in mind the ingredients described above are referring to a full serving/2 paks). I took 1 pak per day as I am not a bodybuilder and not competing. There's really only one pill that I would call a "horse" pill. The rest are fairly normal. If you take pills with any regularity, these will be no different. I think some people have issues when they try to take a few at a time. I would mostly take them 2 at a time and I was fine. I took these in the morning while eating breakfast and drink a lot of water with them.

I did not have any bloodwork done when I was running the Animal Pak so I don't know the effectiveness from a scientific standpoint but I do know these worked. Prior to these I had not taken a multi-vitamin with any consistency for many, many years. Every once in a while I will take some of my 4 year old son's gummy vitamins (because they taste good). So, I experienced an overall better feeling in terms of my "well being" every day. I definitely was not as tired at the end of the day, as I was when I wasn't taking this. When the can ran out and I was waiting to get more, I immediately noticed that I didn't feel as "good" throughout the days. Yes, I know some of this was placebo effect but not all of it.

I bought the 44 pak can for $28.95 online. So at about 66 cents per pack, I think this is a great deal given the robust ingredient profile. These go anywhere from about $28 to as high as about $34 for 44 packs. I still think that's a decent price at the higher end but if you can score these for under $30, I think it's a steal given that it's not just vitamins in each pack.

Side Effects

The infamous "highlighter yellow" pee. Also, my pee smelled a little different. I knew to expect this before I started taking these so it didn't bother me in the least. I experienced no other side effects.

Conclusion

If you have never tried the legendary Animal Pak, try it. I feel like anyone who works out or lifts on a regular basis (you don't have to be a "gym rat" or body builder) should at least try one run of these. They would not have lasted all this time if they didn't work, especially in an industry where products are here one day and gone the next. Longevity tells you something. There are better options if you're looking for strictly vitamins and don't care about the aminos or performance complex (if you're supplementing separately) but for overall health for any gym goer, these are a must-have.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ! (Got my Redcon1 RPG all ready for tomorrow's feast haha)

Overall
Overall
5.3
  November 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Only If You Want A Slight Pick Me Up!
  • Good Value If You Use As Directed
  • Smooth Energy
  • Too Many Scoops To Make An Effective Pwo
  • Better Products For Similar Cost Available
  • Does Not Last Long If Used As Pwo
  • Not Enough Energy

A decent BCAA product from a reputable company but it's geared more toward the "average" gym goer in my opinion or could be better for women.

Hi all! I don't think I ever would have bought this on my own just because there are so many others I prefer but my wife bought this and didn't like the flavor so she gave it to me. I just finished a 30 serving tub (utilizing it mostly as a quick pick me up or for non overwhelming energy, see more below). So, here are my thoughts.... Enjoy!

Not a bad amino profile. It pretty m...

Not a bad amino profile. It pretty much as all the classics - Taurine, Leucine, Beta Alanine, Valine, Tyrosine, just to name a few. My first issue with this "Amino blend" is that it's a non-disclosed BLEND. They tell us there's 5 grams of aminos but we really don't know how much of everything we are getting. Also, I feel like overall, for an amino product, the total amount of aminos is a little low. I'm usually looking for more like the 6-7 gram range.

Next is the "Energy blend" which has a whopping 160 MG of caffeine (as well as some green tea extract). I'm sorry but for an "energy" product there needs to be more caffeine per serving. Otherwise, you're using too many scoops to get the desired energy effects.

Now, the tub says there's 30 servings in there and each serving is 9 grams (2 scoops), so it begs the question, if their "energy blend" is only 160 MG, and the amino blend is 5 g what else makes up the 9 grams?
The answer it appears is flavoring/"other ingredients" such as Malic acid, natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, sucralose, "gum blend".... Ok you get the idea.

So, I ran the watermelon flavor. It wasn't terrible. It did surprisingly have an actual watermelon taste and not an artificial taste to it. As I mentioned above, each serving is 9 grams (2 scoops) and there are 30 servings in the tub. For me to get effects I was looking for, I found myself taking 3 to 4 scoops.
I thought this product mixed quite well actually. In a shaker bottle, it mixed smooth with a little bit of foaminess but little to no residual on the sides or bottom of the bottle. Even mixing it in a glass with a spoon, I found that mixed consistently.

I actually took this product to work and used it in the afternoons as a quick energizer or for a pick me up. Again as I mentioned though, it took several scoops for me to feel energy. When I did though, it was nice. Smooth, and not too jittery or tingly. I felt more alert and could make it through the afternoons with relative ease and that's what I was using it for so in that regard, it was very effective.
However, as other reviewers have pointed out, this would not be effective as a pre-workout, in my opinion. While it does have a decent amino profile you look for in a PWO, the caffeine level is simply too low for most regular PWO users.

It could be used as an intraworkout product if you've already taken a PWO. I think that might be ok.

The cheapest I've seen this is like $16 for 30 servings, from Allstar Health. That's a little over $.50 per serving and on the surface that seems like outstanding value. But if you are like me and you find yourself taking multiple servings per drink or shake, then the value decreases immensely.
With this product, the way you plan to use it determines the value. If you use it for some extra energy at work or for a light workout or just to go about your day, I think it is a great value. If you're using it as a pre-workout or an intraworkout, there are many other better options at a relatively similar price per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A good amino product geared toward beginners or "average" gym goers from a reliable company. If they reformulate this I think they need to add a little more caffeine and bump up that amino profile more towards the 6-7 gram range. I'm a fan of ON but this isn't or shouldn't be one of their flagship products. If you do what I did and just keep this at your desk at work and use when needed for a boost, it's solid, and is what I believe it is for more than anything else.
Thanks folks!

Until next time.....

October 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • True Label Disclosure
  • Improved Recovery
  • Clumps If Not Mixed Immediately

NutraBio's "Super Carb" really is that... A super carb for before, during, or after your workout. I think no matter how you use this, it's very solid and is THE carb supplement that should be in your rotation (and your bag).

Hey everybody? I first heard about NutraBio from this Community actually and a few guys at my gym. I had never tried a carb supplement but I liked the idea of what it could potentially do for me so I decided to give it a try. I am currently running Nutrabio's creatine monohydrate, various pre-workouts, post workout protein, and casein at night. I experimented with using this supp at different times and I will cover that in this review.

I love the ingredients in this and of course the fully transparent label that NB is known for.
The 2 pound container has one serving size as one scoop (28) grams for 30 servings in the container.
In one serving, you'll find:
-Only 100 calories
-NO SUGAR!!!
-25g of carbs in the form of Cluster Dextrin/Cyclic Dextrin -Cluster Dextrin is awesome because it is low-glycemic which is exactly what you want in a carb supplement. It also has slow-release properties, prolonging its effects (which I'll get into below).

There's also Calcium (95mg), Phosphorous (81mg), Magnesium (28mg), Sodium (50mg), Potassium (80mg) which are all part of the electrolyte component of this supp that takes it to the next level. Mainly, Potassium Phosphate and Sodium Phospate, with some Di-Magnesium Malate. Most other carb supps (maybe all) don't provide you with electrolytes, which not only makes this perfect for recovery but also sets it apart from the competitition.

I ran the "Kiwi Strawberry" flavor and I really enjoyed it. It was actually a good balance of the two, not overly strawberry or kiwi. I would mix one scoop in a shaker bottle with about 8 oz of water. I found that if I shook it in a shaker bottle, with the shaker ball, for maybe 20 secs, it mixed really well with no particles in the mix or on the bottom or sides of the bottle. Where I had issues is if I shook it without the actual shaker ball. Then it would get a little clumpy/gummy. Getting back to the taste for a minute here, it did not taste "chemically" whatsoever as some supplements do.

I experimented with this supp utilizing it in the following manners (as I had heard and read various opinions on when the optimal time to take it was):

Pre-workout- I took this a couple times about 20 minutes before working out. It gave me very smooth energy that crept up and then stayed sustained throughout a 40 minute workout. Afterwards, I still felt good, felt energetic but it was what I sometimes call "on call" energy where I felt energetic if I needed it but otherwise, only slightly felt the effects as it wore off. I did not take this with a pre-workout as there's no point, in my opinion. This energy is smoother than most pre-workouts and doesn't give you "bouncing off the walls" or "beast" feeling.

Intraworkout - I tried this a few times intraworkout. Again, very similar to what I said above, the energy was smooth and not immediately noticeable but post set after it kicked in, I realized that the sets were better and I felt better.

Post workout- This is what I bought it for and intended to use it for the most. After my workouts, I would take a protein shake at the gym then fill my bottle with this and drink it on the way home from the gym. I definitely felt really good and didn't have that "down" or "drained" feeling when I used this. It really did restore my energy post-workout. I lift very early in the morning before work because it's the only time I have to consistently do it, and usually I feel really tired by the time I get into work, having been up early to lift and getting into work in the morning. With this, I think it replenished my energy (and electrolytes) to the point where I wasn't getting as soon as I got to work. For me, taking it post workout was optimal, particularly after an intense workout.

I paid 39.99 directly from NutraBio. I've seen it anywhere from $34.99-39.99. It's a little hard to find outside of the NutraBio website but I know Vitamin Shoppe occasionally has it (as well as some other NutraBio products they recently started carrying). I think compared to the competition and what you're getting in the container, this is a good, fair price. If you're in the market for a carb supp, then you obviously know what you're looking for it to do or you at least have an idea. This gives you that PLUS electrolytes which makes it a no-brainer when you're looking for carb supp.

Side Effects

This is what I was a little nervous about before I tried it as i have read and heard about some people having digestive issues with carb supps. The first maybe 3 times I used it, I had to immediately "drop the Browns off at the Super Bowl" right after my work out. After that, my body adjusted to it and there were no other side effects.

Conclusion

This is a great carb supplement. It's not something I will run regularly, I don't think, just because the way I used it, it seems like it's most beneficial after a really intense workout. It doesn't seem like it's needed everyday in your everyday stack. That said, the taste is great, the label is ultra-transparent, the versatility and the added electrolytes make this a great "go to" product for anyone who utilizes carb supps and a great product to try as a first dabble into carb supps. One parting note: On the label they give mixing instructions for various volumes of water: "Mix 50 scoops of Super Carb into 5 gallons of water"
Bro, if you are running this out of a 5 gallon bucket, you are hardcore :)
Anyway, until next time.....

September 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Flavors
  • Versatile
  • Can Be Used As Energy Drink Or Preworkout
  • No Sugar
  • Fast Acting
  • Not Strong Enough
  • Not Practical As An Every Day Preworkout Or Energy Drink
  • Proprietary Blend

C4 On The Go Carbonated is marketed by Cellucor as both a preworkout drink and an energy drink. I have used it as both and it works. As is the norm with Cellucor, the flavors are mostly really good. Fans of the classic C4 preworkout will want to at least try this!

What's up guys (and gals)? I'm an avid preworkout user albeit, I use the powders mostly. I had ordered a couple other products directly from Cellucor before C4 On The Go Carbonated came out and they sent me a can to try out. I didn't use it as PW, I just opened it and drank it. Since then, I've used C4 On The Go Carbonated occasionally as a PW but predominantly for a quick pick me up during the day.

First and foremost, there's no sugar, which is normal for a PW but not always the case for energy drinks.
Ok, here we go:
Niacin - 30 MG
Vitamin B6 - 500MCG
Vitamin B-12 -35MCG
Potassium - 90 MG

The next group of ingredients is a prop blend they call "Explosive Performance Energy Blend" with an overall total of 6.73g.
This consists of Citrulline Malate, Cellucor's Carnosyn Beta-Alanine and "Beta Power" Betaine, also some Tyrosine and 200mg of caffeine.

Based on these ingredients alone, it seems more like a preworkout than an energy drink.

These come in 16oz cans which constitutes one serving. When I take this, I usually drink an entire can whether I'm using it as a PW or energy drink.

As I mentioned, the flavors are so good (except for Strawberry Watermelon)
. Twisted Limeade is oh so good! It tastes a little bit like Mountain Dew.
Frosted Atomic Snowcone is basically their blue raspberry flavor.
I have tried the grape, and it's not bad but not as good as the first two.
Strawberry Watermelon is the only one I've tried that is not too good.
I know there is also an orange flavor that just came out but I have not tried that one yet.

As I mentioned, this is marketed as both a PW AND as an energy drink and I've used it in both manners.
When I use it as a PW, I drink one about 15 mins before a workout. It usually kicks in within 20-30 mins. I get the "tingly" feeling from the niacin and beta alanine pretty quickly. It does give me an energy boost but it's not prolonged. It's more like a "burst" of energy. The can mentions mental focus and alertness which I will get into more when I talk about using it as an energy drink as I didn't notice it too much (just a tad) as a PW.

Mostly, I'll take a can to work and drink it halfway through the day for energy or I'll take it on the weekends sometimes just to wake myself up when I'm tired. As an energy drink, I do get the tingly feeling and an immediate burst of energy and feeling pretty good but it wears off quickly. I'd say within 30-40 mins it begins to wear off. Obviously, everyone's body and tolerance is different but that's what I experienced. The "alertness" and mental focus aspects are more noticeable when using this as an energy drink, which is another reason why I use it at work. Overall, it gives me smooth energy but if you're looking for something that's going to make you bounce off the walls or ready to conquer the world, this isn't it.

It's $29.99 for a 12 pack of any flavor, pretty much everywhere. Cellucor is consistently giving 15-20% your order depending on how much you spend. Some other retailers will occasionally have this for buy one, get one 50% off but $29.99 is the norm.
So at the regular price, it's about $2.50/can which is not terrible in terms of an energy drink.
I think if you use it just as a PW or just as a energy drink, the value is not as good but if you use it for both, it's priced pretty normally compared to the rest of the market.

Side Effects

I use PWs regularly so my body is used to most of these ingredients. So, I didn't notice any side effects. I know a few people that have taken it and had a slight crash when coming down off of it but again everybody's tolerance is different. If you consistently take any PW, you probably won't feel any side effects.

Conclusion

I'm a fan of Cellucor, and overall I like this product. If you're looking for something strictly as an energy drink, there's definitely stronger alternatives that are strictly energy drinks but this is a solid drink literally when you're on the go. Grab one from the fridge and hit the gym or if you need quick energy but don't need to be bouncing off the walls, grab one. For me, it's kind of like a novelty. I have it around and the twisted limeade flavor is so good that I look for any excuse to drink one and if my regular PW is running low, sometimes I'll use these for a few days. I don't believe the "On the Go" line is designed as an every day use drink so if you know that upfront, you will probably enjoy it. At the very least, do yourself a favor and try the twisted limeade on a hot day.

6.7
  September 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Performance
  • Good Focus
  • Great Overall Taste And Consistency
  • Not A Huge Difference Between This And Other Iterations Of C4

Cellucor's "C4" lineup is an old classic. I've used many incarnations of C4 over the years and this one doesn't disappoint but is it really the "ultimate" pre-workout compared to the competition? I'd say no, though it is solid overall if you know what you're getting.

What's up everybody? This is my first review on SR. I have been working out consistently for about the last 4 years. Prior to that, I still worked out but not on a consistent basis. I really discovered pre-workouts about 2 and a half years ago and have used many. A particular athlete that I support raves about Cellucor products so I thought I would give them a try. I used "regular" C4 as my go-to pre-workout for a long time while trying others every once in while to change things up. I am also currently taking creatine monohydrate, nutrabio's super carb, glutamine, and casein at night.

C4 Ultimate has what many people look for in a pre-workout, in general: 300mg of caffeine, 1 gram of creatine nitrate NO3-T ("creatine performance complex"), Beta Alanine (3.2 grams CarnoSyn), Citrulline nitrate and malate (1 gram and 6 grams respectively) "Citrulline "Performance Complex."
There are solid amounts(for a pre-workout) of classic vitamins like Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Niacin

Overall, it's solid in terms of what's in there, although it's not entirely transparent so we don't know exactly how much of each ingredient is in their "energy complex" for example. There's definitely more in terms of variety, than traditional C4.

For the most part, I mix this in a vortex mixer, so it's hard to say specifically how it mixes compared to others. When I do mix it in a glass or shaker bottle though, there is some residue left over at the bottom, typically.

One thing I really like about Cellucor is that their flavors are always on point. I've had the icy blue razz flavor and strawberry watermelon. I like them both but of those two, I prefer the icy blue razz. Strawberry watermelon is too much watermelon and not enough strawberry in my opinion.

This goes down very easy and at first it had a slight artificial taste but now I'm used to it but it definitely does not have that typical "chemical" taste that some PWs have.

When I first started taking this right after a batch of regular C4 was done, I could definitely feel the effects. I go to the gym very early in the morning so I would take this on the ride to the gym (about 15 mins). Usually by the end of a short warm up I really feel it. Since I wake up very early (2-3 AM) to work out, I'm inherently tired. This not only gives me the "tingling" feeling but also makes me feel very awake and energized. I know some people look for the "focus" aspect of a PW. In that regard, I felt maybe a slight increase in focus but not vastly different from regular C4. The energy level increase is definitely more pronounced and prolonged than regular C4.
Over time, as with almost all PWs, my body has adjusted to it so I don't feel it AS MUCH each time I used it however on days I don't, it's noticeable from an overall energy standpoint. I take Super Carb after my work outs, so it's not that contributing to the energy.

It's pretty much $39.99 everywhere. You can get it a little cheaper on a monthly subscription from Vitamin Shoppe or GNC or places that offer those programs. Just from the ingredient profile, and comparing it to similar competitors, it's a decent value. I wouldn't call it "too expensive" per se but I wouldn't say it's on the cheaper end. If you compare this to the other incarnations of C4 (C4, C4 ripped, C4 extreme, C4 sport), the difference from an effectiveness standpoint (not just comparing ingredient for ingredient) is not that big thus if you like using C4 PWs, the better value might be to stick with the regular C4 for about $10 less.

Side Effects

None. I did not feel a crash and did not feel like I was jittery or had "too much energy" like some people experience.

Conclusion

Overall, I would recommend C4 ultimate for the "average" gym-goer. It is probably too intense for beginners (who might consider it ultimate) and probably just average for very serious lifters. I like Cellucor and I've always liked C4. Ultimate has a great ingredient profile and probably will work for you depending on your goals. I've definitely used worse PWs and I've used better, more intense PWs as well. I have found that some of the more intense PWs taste very artificial or distinctly like chemicals and that's not the case here which is why I go back to C4 Ultimate a lot because I know the taste is consistent.