SDS1582

TROPHY CASE

Votes Cast

Answers

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Deals Shared

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. SDS1582 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 303 days.

Reviews by SDS1582

Overall
Overall
5.3
  November 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Only If You Want A Slight Pick Me Up!
  • Good Value If You Use As Directed
  • Smooth Energy
  • Too Many Scoops To Make An Effective Pwo
  • Better Products For Similar Cost Available
  • Does Not Last Long If Used As Pwo
  • Not Enough Energy

A decent BCAA product from a reputable company but it's geared more toward the "average" gym goer in my opinion or could be better for women.

Hi all! I don't think I ever would have bought this on my own just because there are so many others I prefer but my wife bought this and didn't like the flavor so she gave it to me. I just finished a 30 serving tub (utilizing it mostly as a quick pick me up or for non overwhelming energy, see more below). So, here are my thoughts.... Enjoy!

Not a bad amino profile. It pretty m...

Not a bad amino profile. It pretty much as all the classics - Taurine, Leucine, Beta Alanine, Valine, Tyrosine, just to name a few. My first issue with this "Amino blend" is that it's a non-disclosed BLEND. They tell us there's 5 grams of aminos but we really don't know how much of everything we are getting. Also, I feel like overall, for an amino product, the total amount of aminos is a little low. I'm usually looking for more like the 6-7 gram range.

Next is the "Energy blend" which has a whopping 160 MG of caffeine (as well as some green tea extract). I'm sorry but for an "energy" product there needs to be more caffeine per serving. Otherwise, you're using too many scoops to get the desired energy effects.

Now, the tub says there's 30 servings in there and each serving is 9 grams (2 scoops), so it begs the question, if their "energy blend" is only 160 MG, and the amino blend is 5 g what else makes up the 9 grams?
The answer it appears is flavoring/"other ingredients" such as Malic acid, natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, sucralose, "gum blend".... Ok you get the idea.

So, I ran the watermelon flavor. It wasn't terrible. It did surprisingly have an actual watermelon taste and not an artificial taste to it. As I mentioned above, each serving is 9 grams (2 scoops) and there are 30 servings in the tub. For me to get effects I was looking for, I found myself taking 3 to 4 scoops.
I thought this product mixed quite well actually. In a shaker bottle, it mixed smooth with a little bit of foaminess but little to no residual on the sides or bottom of the bottle. Even mixing it in a glass with a spoon, I found that mixed consistently.

I actually took this product to work and used it in the afternoons as a quick energizer or for a pick me up. Again as I mentioned though, it took several scoops for me to feel energy. When I did though, it was nice. Smooth, and not too jittery or tingly. I felt more alert and could make it through the afternoons with relative ease and that's what I was using it for so in that regard, it was very effective.
However, as other reviewers have pointed out, this would not be effective as a pre-workout, in my opinion. While it does have a decent amino profile you look for in a PWO, the caffeine level is simply too low for most regular PWO users.

It could be used as an intraworkout product if you've already taken a PWO. I think that might be ok.

The cheapest I've seen this is like $16 for 30 servings, from Allstar Health. That's a little over $.50 per serving and on the surface that seems like outstanding value. But if you are like me and you find yourself taking multiple servings per drink or shake, then the value decreases immensely.
With this product, the way you plan to use it determines the value. If you use it for some extra energy at work or for a light workout or just to go about your day, I think it is a great value. If you're using it as a pre-workout or an intraworkout, there are many other better options at a relatively similar price per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A good amino product geared toward beginners or "average" gym goers from a reliable company. If they reformulate this I think they need to add a little more caffeine and bump up that amino profile more towards the 6-7 gram range. I'm a fan of ON but this isn't or shouldn't be one of their flagship products. If you do what I did and just keep this at your desk at work and use when needed for a boost, it's solid, and is what I believe it is for more than anything else.
Thanks folks!

Until next time.....

October 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High Quality
  • True Label Disclosure
  • Improved Recovery
  • Clumps If Not Mixed Immediately

NutraBio's "Super Carb" really is that... A super carb for before, during, or after your workout. I think no matter how you use this, it's very solid and is THE carb supplement that should be in your rotation (and your bag).

Hey everybody? I first heard about NutraBio from this Community actually and a few guys at my gym. I had never tried a carb supplement but I liked the idea of what it could potentially do for me so I decided to give it a try. I am currently running Nutrabio's creatine monohydrate, various pre-workouts, post workout protein, and casein at night. I experimented with using this supp at different times and I will cover that in this review.

I love the ingredients in this and of course the fully transparent label that NB is known for.
The 2 pound container has one serving size as one scoop (28) grams for 30 servings in the container.
In one serving, you'll find:
-Only 100 calories
-NO SUGAR!!!
-25g of carbs in the form of Cluster Dextrin/Cyclic Dextrin -Cluster Dextrin is awesome because it is low-glycemic which is exactly what you want in a carb supplement. It also has slow-release properties, prolonging its effects (which I'll get into below).

There's also Calcium (95mg), Phosphorous (81mg), Magnesium (28mg), Sodium (50mg), Potassium (80mg) which are all part of the electrolyte component of this supp that takes it to the next level. Mainly, Potassium Phosphate and Sodium Phospate, with some Di-Magnesium Malate. Most other carb supps (maybe all) don't provide you with electrolytes, which not only makes this perfect for recovery but also sets it apart from the competitition.

I ran the "Kiwi Strawberry" flavor and I really enjoyed it. It was actually a good balance of the two, not overly strawberry or kiwi. I would mix one scoop in a shaker bottle with about 8 oz of water. I found that if I shook it in a shaker bottle, with the shaker ball, for maybe 20 secs, it mixed really well with no particles in the mix or on the bottom or sides of the bottle. Where I had issues is if I shook it without the actual shaker ball. Then it would get a little clumpy/gummy. Getting back to the taste for a minute here, it did not taste "chemically" whatsoever as some supplements do.

I experimented with this supp utilizing it in the following manners (as I had heard and read various opinions on when the optimal time to take it was):

Pre-workout- I took this a couple times about 20 minutes before working out. It gave me very smooth energy that crept up and then stayed sustained throughout a 40 minute workout. Afterwards, I still felt good, felt energetic but it was what I sometimes call "on call" energy where I felt energetic if I needed it but otherwise, only slightly felt the effects as it wore off. I did not take this with a pre-workout as there's no point, in my opinion. This energy is smoother than most pre-workouts and doesn't give you "bouncing off the walls" or "beast" feeling.

Intraworkout - I tried this a few times intraworkout. Again, very similar to what I said above, the energy was smooth and not immediately noticeable but post set after it kicked in, I realized that the sets were better and I felt better.

Post workout- This is what I bought it for and intended to use it for the most. After my workouts, I would take a protein shake at the gym then fill my bottle with this and drink it on the way home from the gym. I definitely felt really good and didn't have that "down" or "drained" feeling when I used this. It really did restore my energy post-workout. I lift very early in the morning before work because it's the only time I have to consistently do it, and usually I feel really tired by the time I get into work, having been up early to lift and getting into work in the morning. With this, I think it replenished my energy (and electrolytes) to the point where I wasn't getting as soon as I got to work. For me, taking it post workout was optimal, particularly after an intense workout.

I paid 39.99 directly from NutraBio. I've seen it anywhere from $34.99-39.99. It's a little hard to find outside of the NutraBio website but I know Vitamin Shoppe occasionally has it (as well as some other NutraBio products they recently started carrying). I think compared to the competition and what you're getting in the container, this is a good, fair price. If you're in the market for a carb supp, then you obviously know what you're looking for it to do or you at least have an idea. This gives you that PLUS electrolytes which makes it a no-brainer when you're looking for carb supp.

Side Effects

This is what I was a little nervous about before I tried it as i have read and heard about some people having digestive issues with carb supps. The first maybe 3 times I used it, I had to immediately "drop the Browns off at the Super Bowl" right after my work out. After that, my body adjusted to it and there were no other side effects.

Conclusion

This is a great carb supplement. It's not something I will run regularly, I don't think, just because the way I used it, it seems like it's most beneficial after a really intense workout. It doesn't seem like it's needed everyday in your everyday stack. That said, the taste is great, the label is ultra-transparent, the versatility and the added electrolytes make this a great "go to" product for anyone who utilizes carb supps and a great product to try as a first dabble into carb supps. One parting note: On the label they give mixing instructions for various volumes of water: "Mix 50 scoops of Super Carb into 5 gallons of water"
Bro, if you are running this out of a 5 gallon bucket, you are hardcore :)
Anyway, until next time.....

September 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Flavors
  • Versatile
  • Can Be Used As Energy Drink Or Preworkout
  • No Sugar
  • Fast Acting
  • Not Strong Enough
  • Not Practical As An Every Day Preworkout Or Energy Drink
  • Proprietary Blend

C4 On The Go Carbonated is marketed by Cellucor as both a preworkout drink and an energy drink. I have used it as both and it works. As is the norm with Cellucor, the flavors are mostly really good. Fans of the classic C4 preworkout will want to at least try this!

What's up guys (and gals)? I'm an avid preworkout user albeit, I use the powders mostly. I had ordered a couple other products directly from Cellucor before C4 On The Go Carbonated came out and they sent me a can to try out. I didn't use it as PW, I just opened it and drank it. Since then, I've used C4 On The Go Carbonated occasionally as a PW but predominantly for a quick pick me up during the day.

First and foremost, there's no sugar, which is normal for a PW but not always the case for energy drinks.
Ok, here we go:
Niacin - 30 MG
Vitamin B6 - 500MCG
Vitamin B-12 -35MCG
Potassium - 90 MG

The next group of ingredients is a prop blend they call "Explosive Performance Energy Blend" with an overall total of 6.73g.
This consists of Citrulline Malate, Cellucor's Carnosyn Beta-Alanine and "Beta Power" Betaine, also some Tyrosine and 200mg of caffeine.

Based on these ingredients alone, it seems more like a preworkout than an energy drink.

These come in 16oz cans which constitutes one serving. When I take this, I usually drink an entire can whether I'm using it as a PW or energy drink.

As I mentioned, the flavors are so good (except for Strawberry Watermelon)
. Twisted Limeade is oh so good! It tastes a little bit like Mountain Dew.
Frosted Atomic Snowcone is basically their blue raspberry flavor.
I have tried the grape, and it's not bad but not as good as the first two.
Strawberry Watermelon is the only one I've tried that is not too good.
I know there is also an orange flavor that just came out but I have not tried that one yet.

As I mentioned, this is marketed as both a PW AND as an energy drink and I've used it in both manners.
When I use it as a PW, I drink one about 15 mins before a workout. It usually kicks in within 20-30 mins. I get the "tingly" feeling from the niacin and beta alanine pretty quickly. It does give me an energy boost but it's not prolonged. It's more like a "burst" of energy. The can mentions mental focus and alertness which I will get into more when I talk about using it as an energy drink as I didn't notice it too much (just a tad) as a PW.

Mostly, I'll take a can to work and drink it halfway through the day for energy or I'll take it on the weekends sometimes just to wake myself up when I'm tired. As an energy drink, I do get the tingly feeling and an immediate burst of energy and feeling pretty good but it wears off quickly. I'd say within 30-40 mins it begins to wear off. Obviously, everyone's body and tolerance is different but that's what I experienced. The "alertness" and mental focus aspects are more noticeable when using this as an energy drink, which is another reason why I use it at work. Overall, it gives me smooth energy but if you're looking for something that's going to make you bounce off the walls or ready to conquer the world, this isn't it.

It's $29.99 for a 12 pack of any flavor, pretty much everywhere. Cellucor is consistently giving 15-20% your order depending on how much you spend. Some other retailers will occasionally have this for buy one, get one 50% off but $29.99 is the norm.
So at the regular price, it's about $2.50/can which is not terrible in terms of an energy drink.
I think if you use it just as a PW or just as a energy drink, the value is not as good but if you use it for both, it's priced pretty normally compared to the rest of the market.

Side Effects

I use PWs regularly so my body is used to most of these ingredients. So, I didn't notice any side effects. I know a few people that have taken it and had a slight crash when coming down off of it but again everybody's tolerance is different. If you consistently take any PW, you probably won't feel any side effects.

Conclusion

I'm a fan of Cellucor, and overall I like this product. If you're looking for something strictly as an energy drink, there's definitely stronger alternatives that are strictly energy drinks but this is a solid drink literally when you're on the go. Grab one from the fridge and hit the gym or if you need quick energy but don't need to be bouncing off the walls, grab one. For me, it's kind of like a novelty. I have it around and the twisted limeade flavor is so good that I look for any excuse to drink one and if my regular PW is running low, sometimes I'll use these for a few days. I don't believe the "On the Go" line is designed as an every day use drink so if you know that upfront, you will probably enjoy it. At the very least, do yourself a favor and try the twisted limeade on a hot day.

6.7
  September 19, 2018

• Great Performance
  • Good Focus
  • Great Overall Taste And Consistency
  • Not A Huge Difference Between This And Other Iterations Of C4

Cellucor's "C4" lineup is an old classic. I've used many incarnations of C4 over the years and this one doesn't disappoint but is it really the "ultimate" pre-workout compared to the competition? I'd say no, though it is solid overall if you know what you're getting.

What's up everybody? This is my first review on SR. I have been working out consistently for about the last 4 years. Prior to that, I still worked out but not on a consistent basis. I really discovered pre-workouts about 2 and a half years ago and have used many. A particular athlete that I support raves about Cellucor products so I thought I would give them a try. I used "regular" C4 as my go-to pre-workout for a long time while trying others every once in while to change things up. I am also currently taking creatine monohydrate, nutrabio's super carb, glutamine, and casein at night.

C4 Ultimate has what many people look for in a pre-workout, in general: 300mg of caffeine, 1 gram of creatine nitrate NO3-T ("creatine performance complex"), Beta Alanine (3.2 grams CarnoSyn), Citrulline nitrate and malate (1 gram and 6 grams respectively) "Citrulline "Performance Complex."
There are solid amounts(for a pre-workout) of classic vitamins like Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Niacin

Overall, it's solid in terms of what's in there, although it's not entirely transparent so we don't know exactly how much of each ingredient is in their "energy complex" for example. There's definitely more in terms of variety, than traditional C4.

For the most part, I mix this in a vortex mixer, so it's hard to say specifically how it mixes compared to others. When I do mix it in a glass or shaker bottle though, there is some residue left over at the bottom, typically.

One thing I really like about Cellucor is that their flavors are always on point. I've had the icy blue razz flavor and strawberry watermelon. I like them both but of those two, I prefer the icy blue razz. Strawberry watermelon is too much watermelon and not enough strawberry in my opinion.

This goes down very easy and at first it had a slight artificial taste but now I'm used to it but it definitely does not have that typical "chemical" taste that some PWs have.

When I first started taking this right after a batch of regular C4 was done, I could definitely feel the effects. I go to the gym very early in the morning so I would take this on the ride to the gym (about 15 mins). Usually by the end of a short warm up I really feel it. Since I wake up very early (2-3 AM) to work out, I'm inherently tired. This not only gives me the "tingling" feeling but also makes me feel very awake and energized. I know some people look for the "focus" aspect of a PW. In that regard, I felt maybe a slight increase in focus but not vastly different from regular C4. The energy level increase is definitely more pronounced and prolonged than regular C4.
Over time, as with almost all PWs, my body has adjusted to it so I don't feel it AS MUCH each time I used it however on days I don't, it's noticeable from an overall energy standpoint. I take Super Carb after my work outs, so it's not that contributing to the energy.

It's pretty much $39.99 everywhere. You can get it a little cheaper on a monthly subscription from Vitamin Shoppe or GNC or places that offer those programs. Just from the ingredient profile, and comparing it to similar competitors, it's a decent value. I wouldn't call it "too expensive" per se but I wouldn't say it's on the cheaper end. If you compare this to the other incarnations of C4 (C4, C4 ripped, C4 extreme, C4 sport), the difference from an effectiveness standpoint (not just comparing ingredient for ingredient) is not that big thus if you like using C4 PWs, the better value might be to stick with the regular C4 for about $10 less.

Side Effects

None. I did not feel a crash and did not feel like I was jittery or had "too much energy" like some people experience.

Conclusion

Overall, I would recommend C4 ultimate for the "average" gym-goer. It is probably too intense for beginners (who might consider it ultimate) and probably just average for very serious lifters. I like Cellucor and I've always liked C4. Ultimate has a great ingredient profile and probably will work for you depending on your goals. I've definitely used worse PWs and I've used better, more intense PWs as well. I have found that some of the more intense PWs taste very artificial or distinctly like chemicals and that's not the case here which is why I go back to C4 Ultimate a lot because I know the taste is consistent.